The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Slayers: A Buffyverse Story
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 7:33 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Please note this thread contains discussion of off-topic content. Read at your own discretion!

You may discuss aspects of Slayers that is otherwise off-topic on the board, but limit it to this thread only. Thank you!

An Audible Original:

Summary
Original cast members from the beloved TV series, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, reunite for an all-new adventure about connections that never die—even if you bury them.

A decade has passed since the epic final battle that concluded Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV). The game-changing spell that gave power to all potential Slayers persists. With new Slayers constantly emerging, things are looking grim for the bad guys. Rebellious vampire Spike (James Marsters) is working undercover in Los Angeles with his old pal Clem (James Charles Leary) when he meets feisty, rookie Slayer, Indira (Laya DeLeon Hayes), who wants Spike to be her mentor. Stakes intensify as Cordelia Chase (Charisma Carpenter) emerges from an alternate reality where she alone is the Slayer, and Buffy Summers doesn’t exist. Cordelia enlists Spike’s help with a classic big bad terrorizing her world…his ex, Drusilla (Juliet Landau). Giles (Anthony Head), Anya (Emma Caulfield Ford), Jonathan (Danny Strong), and Tara (Amber Benson) also return, but through the years and the vastness of the multiverse, not everyone is who they used to be…

Slayers: A Buffyverse Story is written and directed by Amber Benson and Chris Golden, and co-directed by Kc Wayland.

That's right, written, directed by and starring Amber Benson. At least we can trust Tara will be done right by!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Post subject: Re: Slayers: A Buffyverse Story
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2023 11:53 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 136
Nothing to add information wise just some articles about it.

comicbook.com

Digitalspy.com

Be interesting to find out why Amber Benson decided to return to the character after all these years. Think the strikes will delay that information.
Spoiler:
Also proper Tara content without Willow.

With the the time jump, Anya, Tara and Jonathan present in Sunnydale along side an alternate dimension, doubt we will be getting a happy retcon.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:55 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 9
I would love a W/T reunion (and agree it probably won't happen here) but more than that I just care that Tara is back (!!!)

I am beside myself with excitement- just the fact that Amber took the initiative and made this thing that seems like a reclaiming of the story to me, with the specific cast involved (and what Charisma, Amber and Christopher Golden have said). I am thrilled and impressed and inspired.

My wonder though is how much Tara will be involved since Amber is wearing so many hats in this project, she may have kept her part smaller- but less than a month to find out! I cannot wait!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:58 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Shirrey wrote:
My wonder though is how much Tara will be involved since Amber is wearing so many hats in this project, she may have kept her part smaller- but less than a month to find out! I cannot wait!
My guess is small, however with the information we currently know of, Tara is the only witch present and dimensional stuff is kind of magical. I guess Jonathan is too but differently focused.
But every time I read something about it the plot is described differently. It will be interesting to find out.

*Rides in on a tricycle* Wanna play a game? - Five Minutes of Artistic Integrity - Those Three Little Words - Sassy Synonyms - Aradia's Antonyms

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 5:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

We're doing a giveaway over on twitter for a copy of the audiobook! If anyone isn't on twitter but would like to enter, just let me know here and I'll include you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:04 pm 
2. Floating Rose

An interview with Amber and others about Slayers: "Reclaiming ‘Buffy’: How Amber Benson’s ‘Slayers’ Reintroduces Spike, Tara and Anya — and Finally Gets ‘Justice for Cordelia’ "

https://variety.com/2023/tv/features/buffy-cast-reunion-audible-slayers-cordelia-spike-tara-1235749663/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:20 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
We're doing a giveaway over on twitter for a copy of the audiobook! If anyone isn't on twitter but would like to enter, just let me know here and I'll include you!
Sign me up please if its still going. No worries if I missed the dead line. Worth a shot.

Thanks for the link Willowlove.

"And I loved watching Amber take her character in a completely new direction. It absolutely makes sense, but it couldn’t be further from the Tara that we started with."

"She’s a very kind-hearted character, and we wanted to give her some meat. So we found a way, without spoiling anything, to give her something to sink her teeth into. We also wanted to keep the goodness of her, and it’s still in there, but we go to some darker places. And selfishly, as an actor, I wanted to work with Charisma, to do more with James, to spend time with Juliet. I have a lot of fun stuff with Juliet!"

I'm trusting James Masters on the makes sense part. I just so hope it's not Vamp Tara. Exploring the darker aspects of the character absolutely in for that though. As long as its not a vampire version.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:15 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Thanks. Here's a second interview that covers the same ground but appears to be different, with Amber and Charisma alone.

https://tvline.com/interviews/slayers-buffyverse-story-cast-reunion-charisma-carpenter-amber-benson-audible-1235058308/

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:15 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

This topic has been moved to The Litterbox because of the off-topic content of Slayers. You can discuss Slayers freely in this thread, but only this thread! Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:24 am 
10. Troll Hammer

willowlove wrote:
Thanks. Here's a second interview

Thanks. The actors really like to talk about the hand sucking.

As its been moved to the Litterbox here are a few interviews.

Emma Caulfield/Anya

James Charles Leary/Clem and Laya DeLeon Hayes/Indira

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:28 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Dub wrote:
Laragh wrote:
Sign me up please if its still going. No worries if I missed the dead line. Worth a shot.

You're in! I'm drawing later today

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Laragh wrote:
Dub wrote:
Laragh wrote:

You're in! I'm drawing later today

You're a winner! Message me your email and I'll get your copy sent on :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 4:49 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Laragh wrote:
You're a winner! Message me your email and I'll get your copy sent on :)
Attempt at typing words instead of staring at this for the last 15 minutes. Thankyou. Ill get that to you certainly. Yeah just err thankyou. Thankyou to whoever donated the copies.

Post subject: Re: Slayers: A Buffyverse Story - Transcript Project
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:13 am 
10. Troll Hammer

I will start by saying this is a morally grey area depending where to stand on the high seas.

While It is excellent to have the actors together again working on this audible series, unfortunately there has been a serious oversight on Audibles part. There is no transcript available meaning fans with hearing disabilities cannot enjoy this new series.

JakeMcManus730@gmail.com

Is heading a fan transcript project to get the series transcribed in the interim of Audible getting the transcripts up.

"Charisma Carpenter & Audio producer KC Wayland have reached out to me directly. They are currently in communication with Audible, and will make sure that a transcript/publication is available ASAP. Currently they are just waiting to hear back. CC offered to personally apologize and although I do not know how to post pictures on this thread was very understanding. Always keep holding out hope guys. This is a very good community that does its best to take care of each other." - Reddit Link

X/Twitter link to the project
Instagram link to the project

As these are social media platforms I don't know what else is on there content wise so click with caution.

This isn't a way to read the series without purchasing the series.

"With that said, I think for legal purposes, and just for transparency, anyone involved may wish to submit a screenshot or similar verification of their Audible Purchase, so no other parties try to dissolve the project by claiming legal rights. I’m only interested in doing this to aid those who aren’t able to enjoy the audio in its current medium. Not a criteria, but just a suggestion."

If you would like to help with the project or are effected by the unavailability of a transcript at the current time, please contact the email address in the post.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:37 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

My Amber group chat and I were just discussing this. It's crazy that they didn't have one available with purchase in this day and age. You would think it would be standard. I think it highlights how many of us, even us with other disabilities, don't see some of the hidden hardships of such disabilities.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:00 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Tara is on Sunset Blvd, baby!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:34 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Interview by Emma Caulfield regarding potential series 2.
I admire the dedication to get Anya her breakaway pop hit.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:35 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Cancelled :cry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:58 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Could be that Dolly's words might hold some weight.

I suspect other reasons though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:23 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Article about the cancellation. still containing Christopher Golden's tweet but also adding in one of Amber Benson's.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 9:19 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Urge Disney to Approve a Second Season of Slayers: A Buffyverse Story

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:28 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Thanks for the link.
I'll withhold signing until I've finished it. Any consolation though, I believe the cancellation has nothing to do with Slayers itself or anyone involved.
Disney has the IP but yet non Disney publishers produce the comics (as far as I know) and Audible (Amazon) produces the first audio drama for the IP.
The recent books are done by a Disney owned publishing house.
If they want to reboot then ideally that has to be all under one roof to not cause confusion for audiences.

Steaming sites need to look at different ways to stand out now that there are Ads and price hikes, password sharing stamp downs on services.
It makes sense for Steaming services to branch out and maybe include digital comics and audio dramas under their own roof. Have cohesion between all to create a linked universe where it benefits the consumer to dip into each one and each one is only available in one location but likely different price tiers.
Otherwise Steaming sites are no different to cable stations with on demand apps.

Plus Disney is striking a deal to have Sony manage their physical media. This could mean modern remasters and rereleases to test the market.

Naturally this is all based on zero fact or knowledge.