The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Top ten signs youre reading a bad fanfic
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 6:39 pm 
The only time I was tempted to do have Willow do anything with anyone other than Tara was to have Willow indulge her wicked side by doing something like kiss Cordelia or pat her butt just to watch Cordelia freak out.:) I still think the scene from 'Disharmony' was priceless but it would have been so much funnier face to face. Never wrote the scene because I dind't start writing my stories till after SR and I didn't want even the slightest dilution of W/T. I think a pairing should have some sort of credibility. If Buffy was gay then given her history she probably would go for Faith, but there's no way she would sleep with Willow, she wouldn't risk the friendship.

Willow: ...I have to tell you....

Tara: No, I understand you have to be with the person you l-love

Willow: I am

Edited by: Sheridan at: 3/20/03 4:47:30 pm

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2003 9:25 pm 
Bad fanfiction is so...bad! I can be having this lovely, happy, perky goodness day, then stumble across a bad fic, and because I'm one of those people who have to finish reading something they started, it'll just put me in a blue funk.

Of course, then I'll go read something I absolutely love from the Kitten Board, and I'll be kittens, flowers, and rainbows again! I gotta love the excuses :whistle

Oh, and relation to any fic with Dawn (or any character that'as been in the show since before leaving highschool) I really don't mind any fic so long as they aren't paired with someone older than them! That just makes me ill...

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Post subject: urg
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 8:01 am 
I started to venture out one day and explore other Buffy fanfictions.....and I thought it wouldbe safe if I went through one of those Best Willow fic lists.

....and then I happened upon one in which Willow basically raped Giles, after she had gone bad...and just....urg. My tummy still hurts when I think about it. *hangs head* I'm sticking to the kitten board, and any fincs my girlfriend sends me to. They are always nice and safe

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 9:34 pm 
dear, dear kittens... that is what disclaimers are for. :p

but, yes, i too have stumbled across hidden agendas and pairings. sometimes i read through just to shake my head and scratch my scalp in disbelief but most of the time i give up and move along.

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 10:38 pm 
Hey, Kittens. It would be best if we didn't go into such excruciating detail about some of these W/Other and T/Other fics. :)

i know there is strength
in the differences between us
and i know there is comfort
where we overlap

Post subject: Re: ... Bad fanfic
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:32 pm 
I had no idea there was such horrible pairings and disturbing scenarios in Buffy fanfic. I really feel for all of you guys who have inadvertantly stumbled across such

shite :puke

It is no wonder I don't stray very far from the kitten board and the fabulous writers we have here :)

Nan :kitty

"I think this line's mostly filler" - Willow in OMWF

"Not really much for the timber" - Tara

Post subject: Bad fanfic. Bad, bad fanfic!
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:45 am 
General agreement with all of the above. Especially such mutations as :puke Spike/Xander, or Angel/Xander. Now, Kittens, regardless of your personal feelings about said characters...let's keep these things in the realm of psuedo-possibility.

I, personally, enjoy writing W/T fic not only because I love the characters, separately and as a couple, but because their relationship lends itself to so many story possibilities. I think that's why so many people wrote B/W fics years ago -- it didn't seem too unnatural, given their relationship on the show. I have to admit to not being turned off or disgusted by some of these stories in those years before W/T. (Nowadays, yeah, 'what were they thinking?', but everybody has 20/20 hindsight).

I have been thinking of writing a sort of prequel to my story "Four Months After," taking place in that period where Willow is missing and off on her presumed magical bender. During this time, Tara has moved back in with Buffy and Dawn. Buffy is somewhat jealous of Tara's relationship with Dawn; partly, this is because she's in the midst of her post-mortem depression. :laugh Slowly, she and Tara draw closer together -- though they never actually do anything really...icky. Because I just don't see that happening. (Even so, I was not planning on posting this here -- probably on Unintentional Tears.) But they do become good friends, and who doesn't like to read stories about that? I'll take a story that makes you feel good over "smut" any day.

(Well, almost any day).

(Five days a week).

(Alright, three days a week! :happy )

"Honey, in case you didn't hear me the first six thousand times: no more teleportation spells."

Post subject: re....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:00 am 
My problem is when reading a story I have to believe in the possibility of the relationship. Most others fanfic I have read (not Willow or Tara/other) aren't very good a getting me to believe it. I have read "friendship" fics (like number one on my above bad list)that morph into some purvy or alternate type of fic. This is where my problem is labels should be more labely and ultra specific. So, while I'm sure these authors take a long time to write fic with odd pairings it is wasted on people like me that look for a little something more in the fic that they read. (I mean no offense to anyone that has ever ventured outside the W/T writing zone)

So, yes CaptMurdock I would read a Buffy/Tara friend fic but all I want them to do together is each others hair and paint each others finger nails. I just don't want anything from them, together, in the romance department. No "more than friends" cuddling, no kissing, and absolutely no carresing. So don't do it or I'll send this guys after ya!:devil :mad :ghost :dance :rage Kidding. Sort of:grin don't make me get out my paddle:jho muhahahahahaha

No I'm really just kidding and I respect your decision to post it elsewhere even if it isn't technically against the rules set forth in the FAQ.

SMUTFIC RULES!!!!:grin It's just really addictive and I may have to set up a Willow/Tara hot naked sex in fanfiction-aholics group. Try saying that five times fast after reading a little.:lol

Post subject: Re: ... Bad fanfic
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 4:18 am 
Well judging from the description, technically it *would* be against the FAQ, because fics need to focus around WT as a couple (though it isn't always easy to determine whether a fic does or doesn't have enough WT focus, sometimes it is easier to determine when a line has been crossed than to point out exactly where that line is), so eventhough Cap's fic will be a great read as they all are, the limits of this forum prevent it from being posted here, we have chosen a strict WT focus, there are so many places out there for other fics, but a very few that are pure WT.

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

Post subject: Re: Bad fanfic. Bad, bad fanfic!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:10 am 
Sorry I was mistaken. I just figured it would be kinda W/T dealing with there relationship without actually talking to each other centric. Four Months After was a W/T fic and I figured this would just be a set up fic. I am aware that this is a W/T board with all fics revolving around that relationship I just thought Murdock's fic would be a 'dealing' fanfic still W/T cenric just not with them together in the sense of phisically being together. I love the fact you guys stick to all of your rules strictly it helps so that fans only read what they like.

:bow

Post subject: Re: re....
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 5:48 am 
Hmm as a prequel I think it would be ok, seeing as the rest of 4 months after is about as WT centric as a fic can get and if it deals with Tara's feelings about Willow.:hmm I was just thinking about it as a separate fic, I guess it could be edited in and put in front of the rest of the fic, but I am not entirely sure about this though, if the purpose it to tell a story about a friendship between Buffy and Tara then it is still off topic, even if it would be nice to read. I'm stuck. Clearly, it's a good thing there is more than one mod on this board, heh. My original point was that fics need to have a WT focus, but I know you know, I just didn't stop to consider whether it would be ok as a prequel. However this is a hypothetical point for now.

-------------------------

Coffee, Food, Kisses and Gay Love........Get it while you are hot

Edited by: DrG at: 3/23/03 3:49:38 am

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2003 11:01 am 
Oh dear. I seemed to have caused some controversy.

Like I said, this fic would probably not be started until I finished "Equilibration," though I might tackle it before I start any sequels! As DrG. said, it probably belongs on another board because it's not strictly W/T -- though the absent Willow is a driving force in it. Tara is upset with her about the memory spells, but also wonders if she did the right thing by leaving in the first place. Buffy is angry at Willow about the memory spell (and yes, about the resurrection) but now regrets kicking Willow out of the house, at a time when Willow made have needed her most.

With Willow not there, the tension Tara and Buffy feel make them take out their frustrations on one another (well, Buffy more than Tara. Tara's such a centered individual that she could deal with her frustration internally, for the most part). It culminates in a (I hope!) hilarious scene in the kitchen, where they both get past their anger at Willow and see each other in their own light.

(I know, it sounds like I've written this already, doesn't it? I do tend to plot out my stories well in advance of actually setting them down. Which is not to say that they occasionally go in directions that I haven't thought possible...:D )

And please, whatever you do...don't send the :dance after me. That stupid dancing internet baby scarred me for life! :shock

"Honey, in case you didn't hear me the first six thousand times: no more teleportation spells."

Post subject: Re: re....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2003 6:57 am 
Hands up who thinks paradoy fic are fun?

:applause

"He beats me with wet noodles!" Amber Benson.

"Bored now." Vamp Willow.

"Soul mates are either shot in the back or stabbed with a sword." Things I've learnt from BtVS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 9:55 pm 
I was proud I can take anything. I've read Faith/Joyce-Faith/Buffy without flinching. Really. I was on top of the world.

Then...

I found a fic. Oh, the horror of it all still haunts me.

I recommend it. Because it's really really beyond imagination, even above one as sick as mine. It's called "Two Whiny Slayers" (wish I could forget...) and with a title like that I hoped for a parody. Alas, it was not, it was a s&m PWP starring, you guessed it, Buffy and Faith on the "whiny" side *shudder* aaand Angelus aaaand... yes, our Willow. Not VampWillow. Willow.

Can you say Out of Character??

Faith fans? Do NOT read it. Planning to hunt and kill an author is bad karma. Even this author.

And yeah, parodies are fun.

Also for major fun:

web.pitas.com/ficbitches/archive.html

They have reviews and links for bad fics in all their Glory.