The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: Songs For A Mix Tape
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:06 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that there are gonna start being updates to this wonderful story. I always look forward to listening to the songs that you list in the beginning of each chapter.
Looking forward to reading more.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
5. Willowhand

Can't wait for more! This is such a great fic

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:59 pm 
2. Floating Rose

So as luck would (not) have it, the computer I write on is out getting the logic board replaced and my other computers aren't very writer friendly in their setup (unless I want to stand and write... which I don't, sorry). Awful timing. But it's supposed to be ready for pickup in a day or two. So I'll finish working on the update once she's back in my hot little hands.

In the meantime, since the theme of this thing is mix tapes, I thought I'd share the tracklist to a pretty stellar mix, if you're at all interested. I made it when I was at that phase in my last relationship where things were completely at their meltdown point and I was totally "holy shit, this is all my fault, I'm a terrible person, I must fix this." Over-emotional craziness is awesome. But this mix... even now when I listen to it, I revel in its sheer rocktasticness. I'm sure that's a real word. Look it up. This mix might melt your face. You've been warned. Anyway, here's the tracklist and feedback is below:

"The Mixed Tape" by Jack's Mannequin from Everything In Transit
"The Day I Turned My Back On You" by Bouncing Souls from Anchors Away
"Bastards On Parade" by Dropkick Murphys from Blackout
"If I'm Not Right" by Goldfinger from Hello Destiny
"Do You Wanna Know?" by Alkaline Trio from Agony & Irony
"Pardon Me" by Weezer from Make Believe
"A-Hole" by Bowling For Soup from A Hangover You Don't Deserve
"I Treat You Wrong" by The Faint from Fasciinatiion
"Karma Chameleon" by Culture Club from At Worst... The Best Of Boy George And Culture Club
"All Time Lows" by Hellogoodbye from Zombies! Aliens! Vampires! Dinosaurs!
"Fall Back Into My Life" by Amber Pacific from TMNT Motion Picture Soundtrack
"The Hero Dies In This One" by The Ataris from So Long, Astoria
"Calling Me Home" by Army Of Freshmen from Above The Atmosphere
"This Is Such A Pity" by Weezer from Make Believe
"Scratch" by Allister from Last Stop Suburbia
"This Is For Real" by Motion City Soundtrack from Even If It Kills Me
"Alone In Santa Cruz" by The Ataris from Anywhere But Here
"The Leaving Song" by A.F.I. from Sing The Sorrow
"My Best Friend" by Weezer from Make Believe
"Better Things" by Bouncing Souls from The Gold Record

Zampsa1975 Thanks. Happy to be back.

WillowRulez I'm glad to be a-ok again too. Thanks. And I'm honored for this to be one of your favorite stories.

Laragh The resolution is long overdue I'd say. Hopefully it'll tie things up and be worth it. Also thought I'd mention I've read some of your stuff and it's pretty good. Just throwing that out there.

leonhart17 That's a whole lotta love! Thanks. It's awesome you like the story so much.

arsyadriani That "you're baaackkk" makes me feel like a poltergeist. Which, for all I know, I could be. I should probably look into that. More to come.

love_2003 I'm glad you stuck out the waiting period of no updates. I know I hate getting into a story and then hitting a wall of no conclusions. So thanks.

AmberGoddess Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:49 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay, totally missed a new update. What the hell?

It's really nice to see you back. Real life has a way of running good and bad interference. I'm glad that things are looking up for you.

It's been said that all good things must come to an end. I'm sure it will feel good to complete this story. It's been a fav for years. Every time I read it, it takes me back to the earlier days of the board and I can't help remembering what else was going on in life at that time. It's like a favorite blanket or something more sentimental, but less cheesy. :D

Once this one wraps up, are you planning any new stories or riding off in to the sunset?

Thanks for the playlist. ;) I recognized a few of the songs, but many are newbies to me so I must go exercise my itunes card now.

Take care and Happy Thanksgiving!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:48 am 
2. Floating Rose

I got my computer back today! It was all very exciting, I assure you. I've been working on the update and it's almost done. I feel like it's pretty long already, so you have something to look forward to. I'm hoping to get the time to finish and post it tomorrow. And it's not the last update, so a second thing to look forward to.

ophelia11 I'm so glad you eventually found the new update! It's always nice to get feedback from you.

It's funny how you describe reminiscing about the earlier days of the board because I find myself doing the exact same thing. I feel like I was so young back then and have had all these life experiences and have totally grown up since. It's a weird feeling. I miss a lot of the people I met and talked to on the board way back when. Good times were definitely had.

Also funny you ask my plans after finishing this. I thought I might "ride off into the sunset" as you put it, but, strangely, when my computer went into a coma recently, I had this weird desire to write something new and was struck with an idea. I toted around a notebook and pencil for a few days and have almost four chapters already written. It needs some work, and I feel like it's lacking a little... I don't know... humanity?... in some places, but I think once I get it off paper and into the non-linear world of my computer I can really start shaping it. I'm not sure when it might be in a good place to start posting.

Go forth and exercise your iTunes card. Your ears will thank you.

And Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:42 am 
2. Floating Rose

Title: Songs For A Mix Tape
Rating: PG - PG13ish?
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters from ME.

Track 24: Songs Remain by H2O
Part D

After a long, fairly provocative shower together, Willow and Tara barely had time to get ready before they needed to leave for the record store. On the way out the door Tara called Adam at Penny Lane to ask if he could have juice and bagels with hummus ready for them to pick up on the way so she and Willow wouldn’t be forced to go hungry for half of the day. He was more than happy to oblige.

By the time the two women had stopped to pick up the band’s equipment trailer and finally made it to Down On Margo, Kim was already inside, rushing about in an obvious attempt to make everything look absolutely perfect despite the fact that the store already looked impeccable. When she saw Tara walk through the door, she practically shouted, “Dude! You were supposed to be here five minutes ago!” She was panicking and she looked like she might throw up.

Tara hurried to her friend’s side and put a hand on her arm. “Whoa, what’s wrong? Why the freak out?”

Willow hung back, pretending to browse a shelf so the two friends could have a moment.

“What if everyone hates it and nobody buys anything and we go out of business and I end up on the street starving to death?” Kim rambled in her worked-up state.

Immediately Tara pulled Kim into a hug. “Okay, first,” she murmured into Kim’s hair, “No matter what, I will never let you end up starving on the street.” She pulled back and looked her friend in the eye. Then with a smirk she added, “And second, this is our store. In what universe is something we brought together not awesome? There’s no way it can fail.” She continued gazing at Kim, trying to reassure her.

“But how can you know that?”

“I just do.”

“But what if--”

“Trust me. It’s going to be fine.”

Kim began to visibly relax under Tara’s comforting stare.

“You okay now?” the blonde asked gently.

Kim nodded. “I think so.” She glanced in Willow’s direction then looked back to Tara. “You guys want to help me check on everything out back before the crew shows up?”

Willow joined the other two, looking like she was ready for action. “Aye aye, cap’n!” she joked, trying to help further ease Kim’s tension.

The group headed out the back door to the open lot behind the building. At the farthest end of the lot a temporary stage had been erected the morning prior, and against the back wall of the building stood a platform that would hold the sound mixing board and some camera equipment Willow planned on setting up to record the show for the bands as well as the website she and Kim had setup for their Eight Reales label.

Just as they finished inspecting everything to make sure it was as it should be, Ross and Hiroya walked through the gate separating the lot from the sidewalk outside. Jeremy and two of his coworkers from Elemental Music, Jack and Bobby, followed them a few minutes later.

“Ready to unload?” Jeremy asked Kim and Tara, motioning to a large van that was parked just outside the fence.

The two nodded and everyone moved as a unit to start unpacking sound equipment from the van to the lot. With everyone helping out, it seemed to take no time at all to get all the cables ran and the sound system in place. With everything connected and plugged in, Jack and Bobby went about firing everything up to start testing things out, while the band members headed to their trailer to unload their gear and Willow began prepping her own equipment.

By this time Anya finally showed up, earning a sarcastic “Glad you could finally join us,” from Tara.

“Heavy lifting is for boys,” Anya said, placing the purse she carried against the wall of the building.

“Um, hello, not a boy,” Tara tried to point out, raising her hand to indicate her status as a girl.

“You’re a lesbian. Same difference,” Anya tried to explain, which was followed by a “Hey!” from Willow’s direction.

Kim pointed to herself. “Not a boy. Not a lesbian. And I’ve been working.”

“You own the place. Of course you have to help out.” Anya rolled her eyes. “Are we going to stand here arguing or are we going to finish setting up?”

Collectively everyone returned to the tasks at hand. The other bands that were performing that day showed up as well, adding to the flurry of activity. The music lineup consisted of Brighton Orr, Sunny City Rockers, and The Circuit’s On Fire, with Alison Ashmore closing out the day.

With just under an hour and a half left before the doors were set to open, everything was in place and ready to go. Weighed down by bags full of sandwiches and drinks from the nearby deli, Adam arrived, along with his girlfriend Caroline, whom he had met on the bus ride to the Fourth of July party at Tara’s. They signed on to help Kim in the shop since Tara would be occupied outside for most of the day. Everyone welcomed the couple and began grabbing food.

Sandwiches and drinks in hand, Willow and Tara went into the shop and sat midway up the steps to the upstairs storage area where they would be hidden and could have a little time to themselves.

Willow picked off a piece of her sandwich and fed it to Tara who more than willingly accepted the offer. “Are you not nervous?” the redhead asked. She was wowed by how calm, cool, and collected her girlfriend had been the entire day.

“Promise not to tell Kim?” Tara asked after swallowing the food in her mouth.

Willow nodded.

“I’m petrified,” the blonde confessed.

This news surprised the redhead. She never would have guessed her girl was even the slightest bit worried. “Petrified? Why?”

“Same reasons Kim has,” Tara explained. “Well, except the fear of starving on the street,” she amended with a light laugh before sobering. “No matter how much we’ve put into this or how good the odds might seem in our favor, there’s always a possibility that it’ll crash and burn. That we’ll be failures. That I’ll be a failure.”

Willow reached over to caress the other woman’s hand. She knew how important it was for Tara to feel like she could stand on her own two feet and become successful through her own hard work, despite the fact that she was pretty much set financially for a long time to come. This was partly due to Tara’s strongly independent nature but also it had quite a bit to do with the fact that, deep down inside, the blonde needed to prove to her father, and herself as well, that she wasn’t the big disappointment in life he had made her out to be. Willow knew there were no words she could say to help ease the blonde’s fears and decided the best approach was to be silently supportive.

Tara took a deep breath, and the pair sat wordless for a moment. Willow continued to rub her hand, and she was surprised by how she was beginning to feel better just by sitting in the redhead’s quiet presence. Willow didn’t need to say anything to soothe her. She just needed to be there.

When Tara started to pick at her food, Willow knew she was feeling better, or at least a bit less freaked out, so she thought it was okay to finally speak. “For being petrified you’ve sure looked awfully mellow all day,” she said lightly.

Tara quirked an eyebrow and gave her girlfriend a saucy leer. “With what you did to me this morning? How could this body be anything BUT mellow?”

Willow grinned and blushed at the memory. They had never showered together before today, and she knew exactly what she, or more precisely her tongue, had done to the blonde earlier from the floor of the tub. “Well, anytime you need a good mellowing out, you’ve got me happily on stand-by,” she offered.

“Promise?”

“Always.” Willow punctuated this by leaning over and giving her girl a sound kiss on the mouth.

When they pulled apart, Tara’s eyes were closed and she was lightly biting her lower lip. “Mmm… how ‘bout right now?” she said as she opened her eyes.

Willow gave a laugh. “Tease,” she said before looking at Tara’s face and realizing the woman was serious. “Really?” Off Tara’s hopeful eyebrow raise, she quickly glanced at her watch and mentally calculated exactly how much time they had. They didn’t have long, but she could work with what was available. With just a look she accepted Tara’s request.

Their food forgotten, the couple laced their fingers together and scrambled up the steps, closing the door to the storage area behind them. Inside, Willow pushed the blonde against one of the shelves lining the walls and began frantically kissing the other woman. “We’ll have to be fast,” she said between kisses.

Tara merely nodded, not wanting the formation of words to get in the way of her mouth being on Willow’s. She kicked her shoes off while Willow worked on the clasp of her belt. In no time at all she had one leg free from her jeans and underwear, which, when Willow dropped to kneel before her, was pulled up to drape over the redhead’s shoulder.

As Willow worked out a fairly accurate rendition of their morning’s activities, Tara’s head swayed back and forth against the shelf behind her and her eyes rolled back in their sockets. Her breath came in panting gasps, punctuated every so often by repeated whispers of the redhead’s name.

It wasn’t long before her body tensed and her breathing hitched, followed by a drawn out, throaty moan, a happy sigh, and finally silence. Willow gently stilled her movements and eased Tara’s leg back to the floor. She rested her cheek on the blonde’s bare hip and closed her eyes, smiling.

A moment later Willow let herself be guided upward and felt Tara’s hands fumbling to work the zipper of her jeans. She quickly checked the time and reluctantly placed a hand over Tara’s, stilling the girl’s movements.

Tara gave a questioning look then a pout.

Willow explained, “No time,” before placing a gentle kiss on the blonde’s lips.

This only deepened Tara’s pout.

“Tonight, okay?” Willow promised.

“I’m holding you to that,” Tara acquiesced as she reluctantly bent down to resituate her pants. Willow bent down as well to help untie the laces on Tara’s hastily discarded shoes.

When Tara was once again presentable for civilized society, she clasped Willow’s hand and opened the door to go back downstairs. They stopped halfway down to collect their discarded lunch and continued the short trek to the main area of the shop.

Kim, who was standing behind the counter finishing off her sandwich, saw them emerge from the stairwell. “Were you two off having sex in the store again?” She tried to sound stern but it came out more teasingly than anything.

Willow placed their trash in the garbage bin and gave Kim a look that seemed to say, “What kind of people do you take us for?” Tara simply avoided looking directly at her friend because she knew she had a horrible poker face. Instead she leaned down, pretending to straighten a poster affixed to the front of the counter.

Kim was none the wiser and continued talking. “There’s already a pretty good crowd outside,” she said, gesturing toward the front of the store where, through the windows, they could see people already gathering to get inside. She was visibly excited.

Tara stood, smiling, and shared a happy fist bump with Kim. “That’s awesome!”

Willow wrapped an arm around Tara’s waist and addressed both women. “See, it’s all working out.”

“Maybe so,” Kim agreed, then added, “But I swear by all that is holy if you’ve just somehow jinxed us I will punch you in the face.”

“Right,” Willow laughed, knowing Kim was joking. “Like you could even touch me. I’d mop the floor with you first.”

“Big talk for such a little girl,” Kim shot back.

“You’d just better watch your back,” Willow teased.

“And on that note,” Tara said, noting the time on the clock behind the counter, “we’d better head out back.” She began pulling Willow toward the rear of the store. “You have everything under control up here?” she asked Kim.

Kim nodded. “Totally. I’ll open the door up in five minutes. Let Adam know he can start letting people through the back gate then.”

Tara nodded and she and Willow headed off to the back lot.

Outside, Willow went to double check her equipment while Tara went to tell Adam about when to open up for the crowd that was waiting outside the fence. The blonde then made her way to a sectioned-off area to the side of the stage where the bands could hang out. It was a hive of excited energy and she mingled with the large group until Willow rejoined her.

“Everything good?” she asked the redhead.

Willow nodded. “Yep. Bobby’s going to change out tapes and batteries while I’m up front, so we’re good to go.” During the show, Willow would be shooting footage around the stage on a handheld camera to cut with the footage from the static camera.

At that moment, Adam opened the gate and people started making their way toward the stage to get a good spot.

Tara looked at the crowd and said, “Show time.”

About thirty minutes after the gate opened, the first act, Brighton Orr, headed onto the stage. His set was more subdued than the rest of the lineup and was a nice way to get the ball rolling. He carried a laptop under his arm and placed it on a stand near his microphone before connecting it to power and an audio output. He then picked up a guitar, plugged into the amp, and opened the lid to his laptop. The crowd watched in silence.

Without any introduction, he began playing a simple pattern of notes on his guitar. With a tap to one of the foot pedals set up in front of him, the notes began to loop. He then repeated this process multiple times until he had four sets of loops blending together. He reached over to the laptop and with a few keystrokes a beat joined the mix. Another few keystrokes and a new layer was added.

Finally, he stepped back to the microphone and started to sing. He resumed with the guitar and began plucking along with the song he had been building. The crowd erupted in cheers and began to move.

After a few songs, Brighton announced other musicians would be joining him for his last two numbers, and Tara and Anya joined him on stage, earning a good deal of applause from the crowd. Anya stepped behind her keyboard and Tara moved into place behind a bell kit Brighton had set up. She grabbed the two mallets resting on top, and the two women waited for their cues.

The song began much the same as the first with Brighton piecing layers together, but instead of resuming with the guitar, he picked up an electric violin and played until he began to sing. Anya joined in when the lyrics started and, after the first verse, Tara started to play. Four verses later, the song reached it’s crescendo and exploded to an end.

They played the final song and left the stage to thunderous applause. Willow stood off to the side, and as soon as she stopped recording, she enveloped Tara in a tight hug.

“You did great, baby.” She punctuated this with a peck to the blonde’s cheek.

Tara smiled her thanks, and after a few minutes talking with her girlfriend, said she wanted to go inside to check how Kim was doing.

Without a band on stage at the moment, the store was fairly busy as people walked around front to check it out. Tara found Kim at the register ringing up a customer, and asked, “How’s it going in here?”

The customer left with her purchase and Kim exclaimed, “We’ve already made over two hundred dollars!” She was almost bouncing. “And you know a lot of people’ll wait to buy stuff until after the show so they don’t have to tote crap around.”

Tara shared in the excitement for a moment then headed back out to share the news with Willow before the next band started up.

Sunny City Rockers hit the stage and worked the growing crowd into a frenzy. By the time their set was over, the back lot was literally packed with people. The Circuit’s On Fire had a similar effect on the audience, and energy was virtually buzzing through the air when Alison Ashmore was set to go on.

The band started with a fast, punchy song that got the crowd going in a pogo. Willow moved about catching various shots of the different band members playing, and when she caught Tara in frame she thought her girlfriend was practically glowing, which caused Willow to smile broadly, knowing Tara was having such a good time doing what she loved.

The entire set was full of energy, with Ro and Ross inciting the crowd to alternately clap along or pump their fists in the air during different songs. Anya and Tara even played dueling keyboards during one number, the lead singer using a second keyboard that was set up to her side. Every person at the show, both off stage and on, seemed to be having a blast.

The end had to come eventually, though.

“We want to leave you with something new,” Tara told the crowd from her microphone. “This is our first time playing this. Hope you like it.”

Anya began playing a dark, almost chilling, tune. It was a stark contrast to the upbeat songs they’d been playing so far. After a few measures, Jeremy joined in, cutting across his floor tom and snare for a few beats before slamming his cymbals as the other instruments picked up. The mood immediately changed into something faster and much brighter.

In the weeks leading up to the opening and show, Tara had kept Willow abreast of how everything was coming along with the store as well as band practices, but she never mentioned the group had been working on anything new. Excited by this surprising development, Willow listened as closely as possible while recording footage.

In the middle of the first chorus, Tara managed to make eye contact with her girlfriend and smiled as she sang.

And it's funny how the best things
Can happen from the worst things
It took some time just to get through
In my ship with a broken oar
Spinning out from the shore
Oh I was waiting for you
Yeah I was waiting for you

Willow almost melted when Tara winked and she realized the blonde was singing to her. It took everything she had not to run over and smother her girl in kisses. She somehow managed to make it until the end of the song and the band had left the stage before bombarding the other woman.

“Did you like it?” Tara asked as Willow swept her up in a bone-crushing hug. “It was for you,” she explained, unnecessarily.

When Willow pulled back to look at Tara, her eyes misted over.

Tara immediately panicked when she saw the tears beginning to pool in Willow’s eyes. “Sweetie? What’s wrong?”

Willow brought their bodies together again. “That’s the sweetest thing anybody’s ever done for me!” She half-laughed and half-sobbed and began fanning her eyes. “Sorry for being such a crybaby.”

“You’re my baby, but you’re not a crybaby.” Tara brought her face to Willow’s for a kiss.

“How long have you been working on that?” Willow asked.

Tara thought back to when the inspiration for the song first hit. “I started writing it on the flight east to come see you.”

“I love you,” Willow breathed as she pulled the blonde into a deep kiss.

“Get a room!” Anya shouted as she walked by the couple.

“You know we do have some unfinished business to attend to from earlier,” Tara said, only loud enough for Willow to hear.

“That we do,” Willow agreed.

Tara thought about how long it would take before they could get back to that ‘unfinished business.’ The band had to pack and load all their equipment and the store would be open for another few hours. She frowned.

“It won’t be too long,” Willow soothed, understanding the expression on Tara’s face.

“You’re worth the wait,” Tara said, earning a shy smile from Willow who was reminded again of the song Tara wrote for her.

Willow began to pull Tara toward the store. “Let’s get busy.”

“So we can go home and get busy,” the blonde whispered suggestively.

Willow’s eyes widened and she playfully smacked her girlfriend’s arm. “Vixen!”

The store was packed for the remainder of the evening, and when they finally closed up Kim was nearly jumping up and down.

“Do you know how much money we made?” she shouted excitedly.

Sales had been extremely good, and the two new shop owners brought in much more than they had expected. They knew things would taper down somewhat after the initial opening, but for a first day they weren’t doing badly. Several items already needed to be restocked, and even Alison Ashmore’s new CD had almost sold out. The day could be written down as a success.

“All closed up?” Willow asked, walking out of the backroom rubbing her eyes. She had gone to take a rest on the couch an hour previously and ended up falling asleep.

Tara held out an arm inviting the redhead to snuggle up against her side. “All closed up, Sweetie.”

“Why don’t you two head home and I’ll finish up here,” Kim offered. “She looks worn out.” She pointed to Willow.

“Not worn out yet,” Willow mumbled sleepily into the blonde’s neck. “But Tara’s gonna to take care of that later.

Tara blushed and Kim covered her own ears.

“Okay, yuck. Please go now,” Kim said, pointing at the door.

“Going,” Tara assured, pulling her tired girlfriend toward the exit.

Outside Willow perked up considerably. “I can’t believe that worked!”

Tara looked surprised at the redhead’s sudden energy. “You were faking? You’re not really sleepy?”

“How can I be sleepy when I have naked Tara to look forward to?” Willow asked as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. “Come on!” she shouted and practically dragged Tara to the car.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:27 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:rofl :rofl
that was awesome..and worth the wait :party
more pleaseaee :pinky
RC

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:02 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:35 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
yay! I'm glad the store open went well and the song Tara sang to Willow was cute!

Glad Willow knows how to get her girl to relax!

Awesome update!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm 
8. Vixen

Lol, I love Anya's logic! :D
Am glad that the store had a good start, hope it will continue this way. Tara singing to Willow was very cute.
Quote:
“Okay, yuck. Please go now,” Kim said, pointing at the door.

:rofl
:pinky

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:56 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the update. Glad that the store is going to be a success. Tara singing the song to Willow is so romantic. I totally would have got teary eyed if someone wrote a song for me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:27 am 
5. Willowhand

I loved this update! Tara is so sweet, and funny Willow for faking sleepy. update soon plz!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:58 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Very funny update.

I love all the character interaction, it's very true to form and hilarious.

Keep up the awesome work!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:36 am 
2. Floating Rose

No individual feedback responses this time. Just an update. Sorry.

Hidden Track: For You by Nerf Herder

Four Months Later

Business at Down On Margo was bustling as shoppers were gearing up for the holidays. In the few short months the store had been open, they had developed a loyal customer-base and things were going quite well. Tara stood at the counter helping a teenage boy who frequented the shop. He was trying to pick out a gift for his girlfriend and wanted to surprise her with something she’d never heard before.

Tara turned to a small spinning rack of CDs behind the counter and thumbed through the cases, looking for something specific. As soon as she found what she was looking for, she pulled the disc out and set it spinning in the nearby player, then handed the case to the boy to let him have a look.

“So what do you think?” Tara asked after letting him listen to the track for a few minutes over the store’s sound system.

Bopping his head along to the music, the teenager looked up from the album art. “Yeah. Totally. I think she’d dig this.”

“Awesome.” Tara left the disc playing and motioned him over to a rack in the store. She picked up a copy of the album that was still in its plastic wrap and handed it to him. As they walked back to the register, Tara told him, “If she absolutely hates it, bring her in and we’ll find something she likes.”

“Cool.”

She rang up his purchase and thanked him before sending him on his way.

As the teen opened the door to leave, Willow approached the shop. He held the door open for the redhead, who was carrying Buffy’s fifteen-week-old daughter Aiden in a baby sling. She smiled her gratitude and entered the store. Buffy had been called out for work, so Willow offered to watch the little girl.

Tara saw Willow walk into the store with the baby and felt her insides turn to goo at how adorable the sight of her girlfriend cradling an infant was. She hurried out from behind the register and met the redhead in the middle of the shop, offering Willow a brief kiss on the lips and running her hand across the top of the Aiden’s blonde head. “What are you two beautiful ladies doing out and about?” she asked. She wasn’t expecting to get to see Willow until Kim came in to take over the evening shift.

Willow looked at the baby and gave her a goofy face. “Well somebody’s nap finished early and Mommy’s not going to be back for a while, so we thought we’d go for a walk,” she explained in an upbeat voice that made Aiden gurgle and smile.

The couple started to walk in the direction of the register so they could lean against the front of the counter.

“Can I hold her?” Tara asked hopefully, reaching in the direction of the baby.

Willow removed Aiden from the sling and gently handed her over to Tara. She pulled the sling off and placed it on top of the counter. A loving smile tugged at her lips when she saw Tara looking at the baby in her arms in complete awe. After a moment admiring the sight in front of her, Willow asked, “How have things been going today?”

Tara looked up. “It’s been pretty busy most of the day, but it’s starting to taper off.” Currently there were only three customers milling about the store. She turned her attention back to the baby and ran her index finger across the little girl’s hand. “Her hands are so tiny,” she cooed as Aiden grasped her finger. Bright green eyes stared up at Tara, giving the blonde’s maternal instincts a gentle poke. “Do you think Buffy would notice if we keep her?”

Willow lightly laughed. “I think there’s a slight chance she’ll notice.”

“Damn,” the blonde muttered.

The couple had never really talked about how each felt about having children. They had briefly hinted at the topic during their trip to Los Angeles but never really deepened or continued their conversation. Willow knew without a doubt she wanted to have kids, at least two, and judging by how Tara responded to Aiden, she suspected her girlfriend was in the ‘yes to children’ camp as well. Deciding to be bold, the redhead quietly said, “Maybe we’ll have one of our own one day.” She paused then added, “If you want.”

Tara’s eyes slowly moved up to meet Willow’s. For a moment she wasn’t sure she had heard correctly. When she saw the vulnerable look on her girlfriend’s face, however, she was certain of what she heard, and her mouth melted into a warm smile. “I think I’d like that.”

Willow released a breath she hadn’t realized she was holding and gave a brilliant smile in return. “I love you so much.”

“I love you,” Tara responded and gave Willow a small peck on the lips. She would have preferred a deeper kiss, but it wasn’t exactly appropriate for business hours.

They leaned against one another and admired the little life in front of them. Both began imagining what a child they shared would be like. Tara was so caught up in her musings that she didn’t notice a customer walking in their direction.

The middle-aged man stopped in front of the two women and looked at the blonde. “This is a nice store you have here,” he said softly.

Tara, shaken from her reverie, looked up and started to say, “Thanks.” Instead, all the color drained from her face, and her ‘thanks’ was replaced by a shocked, “Dad.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:54 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Big yay for both agreeing to have a baby...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:02 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Ohh, cliffhanger. Mean.

I love how cute they are with the baby though. Adorable.

Can't wait for more.

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 am 

gasp! cliffhanger!

but Willow + Tara + baby = adorable!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:23 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

that was mean :shock :shy
and I demand for more :kdevil
there was a father looking at her daughter cradling an infant with her girlfriend beside her..I'm curious.. what would he think ;))
more :banana more :banana
RC

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am 
5. Willowhand

Dammit stupid cliffhanger! Cant wait to see the dad issue

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:55 pm 
8. Vixen

Did we know already that Buffy would name her daughter Aiden? Anyway, cool name!
Oy, Tara's dad? That's really something. He probably thinks Aiden is his granddaughter (Did Nicole have kids...? She doesnt right?).
:pinky Mean cliffhanger! :p

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:05 am 
10. Troll Hammer

That's a mean cliffhanger. You can't leave us hanging like that.
Willow and Tara talking about having a baby is so cute. There baby would be adorable.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm new to the board, so I just now read through this. I'm gonna be selfish here and tel you I'm glad it has taken you until now to finish the story, or I might never have found it.

Very nice indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:19 am 
2. Floating Rose

So the update is in progress. I'm not sure if I'll break it up into parts. I might do that to appease the masses ;) We'll see. If I do, that means an update for you to read sooner.

Feedback Responses:

Zampsa1975: Technically they didn't agree to actually have a baby. They just agreed that they're open to the possibility of having a baby. I know, semantics. Whatever. Random question: I see you're from Finland. When you read stuff on the board is it in English or Finnish? I ask because I'm curious if some people translate the stories to other languages (like with a page translator), and I wonder what this would do to how the story comes across upon translation. I know I've translated pages before into English and sometimes the resulting translation just seems weird. Just thought I'd ask.

Larah: I didn't anticipate leaving it on a cliffhanger, but it just seemed too perfect to pass up. Yes, I'm mean. Here's the thing (and this response is for everyone not just you specifically). Her dad totally wasn't going to show up. I was actually all geared up to write the very last update and we'd be all happily ever after. Then all of a sudden out of nowhere the guy's like, "Hey, I'm dropping in for a visit. Hope you don't mind." And there he was. I was powerless. I hate when characters start to boss you around like you have no control over them. Especially characters who never technically made an appearance in the first place. I think the father issue played this big role over the course of the story though and it needed some sort of resolution, whether it's a good or bad resolution. That's still being decided as the tale unfolds in front of me. I think the fact that I'd planned on the epilogue being a 'Hidden Track,' as I so aptly titled it (instead of calling it an epilogue), was pretty accurate considering most everything that is happening in the writing process right now was hidden not only to the readers but to me as the writer. And longest feedback response ever.

leonhart17: Major gasp! However, I enjoy your use of simple math and the conclusion you've derived from such an equation. Word to the wise though: math and and alcohol don't mix, so you'd be best not to drink and derive. I'm just looking out for you here.

arsyadriani: I don't usually respond well to demands. They typically make me more stubborn. In regards to a father seeing his daughter with an infant... what would you think? Because maybe that's what he thinks. Maybe. You'll just have to wait and see.

AmberGoddess: Man, everyone's super pissed at this cliffhanger. But I've got to keep you coming back for more somehow...

WillowRulez: Yes, we did know the baby would be named Aiden. This was revealed briefly in the scene where the group gets together the night before the store opens. Buffy decided against Disney after receiving poor feedback. I'd have to go back and look into your Nichole question though. I don't recall what all actually got revealed about her, but as the all-knowing author I can say she's unmarried with no kids. We also know that Elle is married (husband #2) with no kids. So the dude's got no grandchildren.

love_2003: Oh but I can leave you hanging like that... muwahahahahaghackackack... sorry, something caught in my throat.

Morrigan: Welcome! I'm glad you've found the board and my story. I'm also glad you like my story. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:47 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hey there! I read the stories in english...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:37 am 
2. Floating Rose

Decided to break things up.

Zampsa1975: Intriguing about the language. Thanks.

Here's the update.

Hidden Track: For You by Nerf Herder
Part B

Tara’s face immediately hardened and, afraid of upsetting the baby, she eased Aiden into Willow’s arms before crossing her own in front of her chest.

Her father, Alan Maclay, watched the baby being passed to the redhead. With eyes on the infant he said, “Eleanor never told me you--”

Tara cut him off. “We didn’t,” she said pointedly, making it abundantly clear she and Willow were together. “She belongs to a friend.”

“Oh.” He looked a little disappointed.

Father and daughter stood staring at each other for a moment. Tara tried to contain a glare, and her father looked awkward and uncertain of what to say.

Willow cradled Aiden and kept glancing nervously back and forth between her girlfriend and her girlfriend’s father. She was at a complete loss for what to do. Tara’s dad showing up out of the blue was probably the last thing she would have ever expected to happen that day. It was on the list right after the earth suddenly rotating backwards. Yet here he was. Willow held her breath, waiting for one of them to say something.

Abruptly Tara broke the silence. “What are you doing here?”

“I, I, we, I mean,” Alan stumbled over his words and his eyes widened in surprise at the chill he felt coming from his daughter. He took a deep breath and tried again. “We came out to surprise Eleanor for Christmas.”

“Elle lives in LA,” Tara pointed out. “What are you doing here?” She knew she sounded like an absolute bitch but she was powerless to stop herself. Seeing her father, even years later, brought forward every negative feeling from the day he threw her out of the house: the anger, the hurt, the sadness, even the nausea. It was almost as if she had been transported back in time to the very afternoon that she had hastily packed her belongings and drove away from the only home she had ever known.

Alan tried again. “I wanted to see you, to talk to you.” He ran a hand through his dark hair. “I know you left on a bad note--”

Tara snorted a humorless laugh.

“I know I’m mostly to blame--”

“I honestly don’t think this is the time or place for this discussion,” Tara interrupted again. She wasn’t really sure there would ever be a time or place for a discussion with her father. Glancing up quickly, she saw the store was now devoid of any customers.

Alan nodded sadly and reached into his pocket. He pulled out a slip of paper with his phone number written on it and held it out for his daughter to take. “In case you think we might be able to talk,” he explained.

For a moment Tara made no indication she was going to take the number. Eventually, what little politeness she could muster surfaced and she grabbed it from her dad’s hand before refolding her arms across her chest.

“I know it’s sudden,” he continued, “but if you’d consider it, everyone would love if you joined us for Christmas. Your grandparents came too.” He glanced nervously toward the redhead and added, “Unless you already have plans.”

Tara said nothing and merely stared at him.

Alan took that as his cue to leave. “I’ll just…” He motioned to the door. Awkwardly, he took a staggering half step toward Tara and started to lift his arms as if to hug her. When she continued to stand motionless, he dropped his arms and self-consciously rubbed his hands on his pants. A few tears glistened in his eyes and he turned to leave. Before beginning the walk to the door he whispered, “You’re still my little Tara-dactyl.”

Briefly a look of sadness crossed Tara’s features at the mention of the nickname he’d given her when she was very small and he would swoop her around the room like she was flying. She silently watched him leave the store. As soon as the door swung closed behind him, her hand flew to her mouth and she rushed toward the backroom.

Willow could tell by the sudden sickly color on the blonde’s face that Tara was running out to throw up. Hastily she scribbled, “Be back soon,” on a sticky note and hurried to affix it to the door and lock up. She then followed Tara to the bathroom where she found the blonde retching violently into the toilet. Unable to comfort Tara and hold a baby, Willow unfolded a small blanket that was draped over the arm of the couch and spread it out on the floor near the bathroom door. She placed Aiden on the blanket and moved to take care of her girlfriend while still keeping an eye on the baby.

Tara’s vomiting soon turned to dry heaves as her stomach completely emptied itself. Willow gently rubbed her back until the heaves subsided. “Hang on one second,” she said as she left her girl kneeling in front of the bowl. She quickly stepped out to retrieve a coffee mug from the top of the mini-fridge.

When Willow stood, Tara closed the lid to the toilet and reached for the flush lever. She then rested her cheek on top of the cool lid.

Willow returned and filled the mug under the sink’s tap. “C’mere,” she said, pulling the blonde to a sitting position on top of the toilet lid. She handed Tara the mug so she could rinse her mouth.

Tara took a mouthful of water and swirled the liquid around before standing to spit into the sink. She repeated the process a few more times until her mouth tasted a little less appalling. Wordlessly she slumped back down on top of the toilet lid and sat with a blank expression on her face.

Willow knelt in front of her girlfriend and cupped the blonde’s cheek. “Are you okay?” she asked gently, though she knew the answer was probably ‘no.’ Tara’s expression was pretty unreadable, but it had at least lost the stony quality it held out in the shop.

For a moment Tara just stared at Willow, not blinking, not saying a word. Suddenly, though, her eyes welled up with tears and her face crumbled. Willow didn’t hesitate to scramble up and managed to embrace her just as a shuddering sob wracked her body.

“Shh… Baby, it’s okay,” Willow murmured in the blonde’s ear. “Let it out. I’ve got you.”

Tara sobbed in increasing magnitude, forcing her to gasp for air between each bout. She went on for nearly ten minutes before a combination of Willow’s soothing words and a lack of oxygen caused her to slowly quiet down and eventually relax into the arms surrounding her. They both sat in silence for a while, Willow never letting up on her tight hold or the gentle rubbing motion of her hands on Tara’s back.

Out of nowhere Tara stated, “I don’t think I ever properly cried about it before.” Her voice was scratchy, but she seemed almost calm, considering the state she had been in just minutes earlier.

Willow pulled back to look at the blonde’s face and was a little surprised by how relaxed Tara looked. She wasn’t sure if this should cause relief or concern. “If you need to cry more, I’m here,” she promised.

Tara’s lower lip trembled a little then stopped. “Can you call Kim? See if she can come in early?”

“Of course,” Willow said then slowly eased herself away from her girlfriend’s body. She held out a hand and helped ease Tara into a standing position. “Come lay down while I call.”

Tara allowed herself to be led to the bathroom door, and when Willow bent down to pick up Aiden, she held out her hands, silently asking to hold the baby. She didn’t know why, but the thought of holding the tiny girl to her chest while she lay down sounded incredibly comforting. As Willow stepped out of the room to call Kim, Tara stretched out on the couch, closed her eyes, and began caressing Aiden’s soft blonde hair.

Just over a minute later, Willow walked back into the room and sat down on the floor near Tara’s head. She rested her own head on the cushion beside Tara’s. “Kim said she’d be here in about fifteen minutes,” she said as she reached up and placed her hand on the blonde’s stomach just below Aiden’s little feet.

Tara nodded wordlessly and continued running her hand over the baby’s hair. A moment later she turned her face and rested her forehead against Willow’s. “Thank you. For being here for me.”

“For you? I’ll always be here,” Willow replied sincerely.

Tara actually managed a small smile, and the couple sat in a comfortable silence as they waited for Kim to arrive.

Last edited by unionjill30 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:48 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I truly hope that they talk about Tara's relationship with her father...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:54 am 

Aww poor Tara! I'm glad Willow was with her... Hope she can at least talk to Willow about her dad even if she doesn't talk to him...

Great update!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
“You’re still my little Tara-dactyl.”

awww... :-| I know he was mean when he kicked her out of the house..but still..hope Tara would talk to Willow about her feelings
that means I want more updates :kdevil
RC

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:43 am 
2. Floating Rose

I'm liking your dad version here.. not all dads are able to say outloud that they were wrong, it's mostly the kid who did wrong whos always reaching out to make up with their parents.

I knew that he was gonna think that way when Will and Tara were carrying Aiden.

welcome back!(which I realize is belated..) have you more free time bow to finally finish this?

formerly nothingtosay.Shameless Self Promotion
i have a bad habit of bumping up REALLY OLD UNFINISHED stories....sorry in advance.
Looking for Beta

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:48 am 
5. Willowhand

Woah. Poor Tara. On her behalf, I don't like her father, but they should talk. More please!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next