The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fic: Songs For A Mix Tape
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:10 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

ooh...I loved it when you're feeling ambitious :kdevil

Willow's so sweet..she was willing to go through 'nothing major thing' to give perfect present for Tara

and your idea about left-handed Tara is so cool...loved it

we want more..we want more :pinky :pinky
:kgeek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:48 am 
8. Vixen

Now I am jealous of Tara - I want Guitar Hero too!
A very sweet and great update :pinky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:36 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Fun update. I love Guitar Hero, though I think if you tallied up all the time I've spent playing that series, I've lost months of my life. I'm not typically a competitive person, but I become freakish about not messing up on that one. My pinky finger continues to undermine my playing though. ;-)

Take care!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:57 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

This is one of my favorite stories here on the board. I love looking up the songs you list.

Keep the updates coming.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:23 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
This was just lovely. Willow and Tara have settled into an easy relationship now the angsty stuff about Tara's past has been resolved. Nice and normal is usually a worrying sign in ficland, but hopefully you have nothing but hugs and puppies in the pipeline for our girls.

I loved the idea of Tara bopping about to the Sex Pistols, and Willow kidding her about peeing her pants.

Very funny.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:04 am 
2. Floating Rose

Egnalos: You're welcome.
arsyadriani: Most people forget that not everyone is right-handed, especially manufacturers. Have you ever tried to play lefty switch on Guitar Hero? It sucks. There should be more people like Willow out there helping out the lefties.
WillowRulez: Don't be jealous. This fantastic game can be yours for one easy payment of... wait, I actually forget how much this game costs. Sorry. Thanks for the feedback though.
ophelia11: I love Guitar Hero too. And Rock Band. Combining video games with musical instruments was one of the most kick ass ideas ever. I've probably wasted months of my life as well. I'm not too competitive though. I just like to rock out and have fun. I will say though that when they throw in a ton of orange notes mixed with green I probably look like I'm having a seizure. That's my pit fall.
love_2003: Thanks for the feedback. Very cool that you look up the songs. I hope you're digging them.
Paint the Sky: Am I giving things away if I say the angst has passed? I guess so, but who cares. The angst has passed. More people should bop about to the Sex Pistols. I think it would help us all lead happier lives.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:47 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Great update. :) I'd love to see the store, it sounds really cool. Hope the opening will rock. :)
And now I would like to try Guitar Hero.. never played it. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:07 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
Have you ever tried to play lefty switch on Guitar Hero?

I have tried on real guitar...because my friend is left-handed and she asked me to teach her playing guitar..then I realized that she's a lefty..I tried to teach her to play lefty switch..and the result was I got sprain on fingers :paranoid

I always have a thing for left-handed band player, especially bassist... :blush

so...
Tara+bass+left-handed = :luv :luv

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Love Rock Band although the foot pedal is really stiff and results in me walking funny after a long run. I also get happy feet and start pressing the pedal regardless of when it falls on the beat.

I'm a lefty but learned to play guitar right-handed so I don't have too many problems (the orange key still scares me). I imagine trying to play left handed is beyond a challenge. Manufacturers should take that in to consideration. :smash

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:34 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Replies:
One of a Kind: In my head the store looks really cool. It's too bad you can't see it in its full glory. I have quite an imagination.
arsyadriani: Sorry to hear about your finger sprain. I will say that left-handed on a real right-handed guitar feels a little more comfortable than left-handed on the Guitar Hero controller. But not by much.
ophelia11: When you use the Rock Band foot pedal do you rest your foot down on it or keep it poised above? I figured out that you can actually put your foot on it and press down about half-way without setting the thing off. That's how I rest my foot. Less shin splint-type pains. Ironically, I'm a righty but had to re-teach myself how to play guitar left-handed after an injury. Basically I pulled a Hendrix and flipped my right-handed guitar upside down and switched the strings. Very interesting process.

Now, on to the update. A little longer than the last. I think. Hope it satisfies.

Title: Songs For A Mix Tape
Rating: PG - PG13ish?
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters from ME.

Track 24: Songs Remain by H2O
Part B

Willow made short work of connecting the game console, and before long, Tara had unwrapped the game case and was placing the disc into the machine. Wanting to test out Willow’s modified controller, she played the first two songs and decided it was absolutely awesome. She then shut the game down and sank into the couch next to where Willow was sitting.

“That is so freaking cool,” she said with a big smile directed at the redhead. Instinctively, she leaned against the other woman’s body and melded their hands together.

Willow squeezed Tara’s hand in return and rested her head against her girlfriend’s shoulder. “You don’t want to play anymore?” she asked.

Tara shook her head lightly. “Not right now. Everyone will want to play later, and right now I’ve got you all to myself.”

With a look of mock innocence, Willow tilted her head up towards Tara and batted her eyelashes. In the sweetest voice she could muster, she asked, “Well whatever shall we do?”

“I’m sure we can find something to fill the time,” Tara replied just as sweetly. Then, with a surprising display of strength, she tugged Willow into a position where the redhead was straddling her lap.

“If I didn’t know any better, I’d think you were going to try to have your way with me,” Willow said with a sexy leer.

“I have to try now?” Tara did her best to look hurt but ended up completely unsuccessful.

“Well, no, not really,” Willow admitted. “I just don’t want you to think I’m easy.” As Tara started trailing kisses across her neck she added, “But I guess easy isn’t necessarily bad.” She then captured Tara’s lips in a fiery kiss that brought a moan to both of their throats.

As they continued kissing, Tara rolled Willow down onto the couch and stretched herself out atop the redhead’s body. They stayed in this position for a few minutes, but, soon, Willow felt the urge to be atop Tara and began shifting herself toward a more dominant position. She misjudged the size of the couch cushions, however, and instead of just rolling herself on top of her girlfriend, she rolled them both into a heap on the floor. They both uttered a collective, “Ooof.”

“A little overzealous, don’t you think?” Tara asked with a smirk. She had taken much of the brunt of the fall, as nearly half her body was beneath Willow’s. She was almost certain bruises were currently forming on the back of her head and one of her elbows.

Willow was also sure she would have a few bruises of her own but chose to ignore the slight discomfort and focus on the fact that she was at least partially successful in finding her way atop Tara. Looking into the face below hers, she replied, “With you? Always.”

Tara almost melted on the spot, and she lifted her head up to recapture Willow’s lips in another string of passionate kisses. It wasn’t long before articles of clothing began to find themselves discarded and all that was left was a pair of naked bodies tangled together, moving as one on the floor. They made love there, in the back room of the record store, and it wasn’t until much later, when they lay gently wrapped in one another’s arms, that the fact that they were naked on the floor finally registered. They locked eyes and burst out laughing.

Tara was the first to speak. “Overzealous is good.”

“Can’t argue with that,” Willow responded before she began placing chaste kisses on Tara’s shoulder.

Suddenly, the sound of a door opening came from the main area of the store, and Kim’s voice carried into the back room. “Tara? You here?”

Tara couldn’t help but mutter, “Oh fuck,” as she scrambled to make it to the open door separating the two areas of the store. She nearly tripped but managed to slam the door shut and turn the lock. Willow was on the move as well, trying her best to gather up their clothes so they could dress.

There was a knock on the door, and Kim shouted, “Tara?”

“I’m here,” Tara shouted in response. She was struggling to get into her pants, which were currently inside out due to their earlier removal by an excited redhead.

“Why the hell’d you lock the door? Are you naked or something?” Kim joked.

Both Tara and Willow went beet red at the comment.

“Just give me a sec,” Tara yelled through the door. Very quickly, she and Willow were both fully clothed, and Tara moved to unlock the door.

As soon as she heard the door unlock, Kim turned the knob and walked into the back room. She’d been expecting to find Tara alone, but upon seeing both Tara and Willow along with their obvious disheveled state, Kim put two and two together and was momentarily rendered speechless. She recovered quickly though and yelled, “Holy fuck! I was totally joking about being naked!” She looked quickly between the pair with shock. “You were having sex! In the store!” Kim then looked down and noticed the rug on the floor was completely askew. She pointed accusingly at them. “You had sex on my rug! Ewww!”

Tara looked like she wanted nothing more than to crawl off and die right then. Willow, however, had somehow found her composure and looked Kim straight in the eye. “I’d say it was probably more along the lines of ‘absolutely fantastic’ than ‘ewww,’” she deadpanned before grabbing Tara’s hand and pulling the blonde out into the main area of the shop.

Kim just watched them go with her mouth agape.

Others started to arrive for the night’s festivities not long after Kim. All of the band members and their respective partners were present as well as a very pregnant Buffy accompanied by her husband Liam. Everyone was milling about, chatting with one another and exploring the new store. Tara was deliberately avoiding Kim because every time she caught her friend’s eye her face flushed red in embarrassment. Currently she was standing with Buffy talking about the baby.

“I swear this kid thinks my insides are a punching bag,” Buffy said as she rubbed her protruding belly.

Tara smiled sympathetically. “Willow said you finally broke down and asked the doctor what you’re having.”

“I totally caved!” Buffy admitted. “You have no idea how hard it is to walk through the baby section at a store and only buy gender neutral stuff. As soon as I found out it was a girl I ran out and bought the fluffiest, frilliest dress I could find.”

The two women shared a laugh before Buffy continued. “Will says I’m only conforming to society’s rules on how boys and girls should dress, but it was actually kind of cathartic, just knowing whether to choose the dress or the sweater vest combo. And it’s not like I’m going to put her in dresses every day. I just bought the one.”

“So are you still going with the name Disney?” Tara asked a little cautiously. She and Willow both thought it was a stupid name, but they had decided that if Buffy and Liam named their child Disney, they would keep their mouths shut and be supportive.

Buffy smirked. “Uh, no. Everyone I’ve talked to has made it pretty clear that it’s a poor choice. Even my mother.”

Tara tried her best not to look relieved. “Any new thoughts then?”

“I think we’ve decided on Aiden Elise.”

“Aww, that’s so cute!” Tara exclaimed honestly. She thought the name was adorable and ten thousand times better than Disney.

At that moment, Willow joined the pair and wrapped her arms around her girlfriend. They shared a brief peck on the lips.

“Hey, you,” Tara said to the other woman. “Where have you been?”

Willow motioned to the other side of the room. “Anya was introducing me to her new boyfriend.”

“So what happened to Eric and Michael?” Buffy asked. She had seen Anya walk in with an unfamiliar man, and her two ‘boy toys’ were surprisingly nowhere in sight.

Tara explained that Anya had broken it off with the two guys about a month prior because she felt they would be happier in a relationship with just the two of them. Anya and her new guy, Cameron, had only been dating for a couple of weeks, and tonight was the first time she was introducing him to her friends. Cameron seemed to be the complete flip side of Anya: quiet, well mannered, and friendly. He was exactly what the over-the-top woman needed.

Later in the evening, when everyone found out there was Guitar Hero to be played, an impromptu tournament formed. Kim was slaughtering anyone she came up against, and there were only a few competitors left, including Ro, Tara, Liam, Jeremy, and, to her own surprise, Willow. After Kim claimed Liam as her next victim, the next pair to duke it out was Willow and Tara.

Willow gave Tara a nervous look. She had no idea how she’d managed to last this long in the game. “Go easy on me?” she asked with the hope that Tara wouldn’t completely steam roll over her.

“No favoritism!” Kim shouted from across the room.

Tara looked apologetically at her girlfriend. “Sorry.”

As the song started up, Buffy shouted, “Kick ass, Will!”

The intro seemed easy enough, and Willow felt like she was doing okay. Out of nowhere though, all hell broke loose, and the notes were flying by at a seemingly impossible speed. By the end, despite Tara ignoring Kim and messing up on purpose in some places, the blonde ended up stomping Willow’s score into the ground.

“Well that immensely sucked,” the redhead muttered as she put down the guitar controller.

Tara took her girlfriend’s hand and led them both to an empty space on the floor where the sat down. “I’m sorry, sweetie,” she said while offering a comforting one-armed hug.

The small pout Willow had been wearing disappeared as she melded into Tara’s side. They both settled in to watch the next two players.

When it was all said and done, Kim knocked Tara out in the semi-final round and defeated Ro in the finals to come out victorious overall. After playing the last note, she lifted the controller and shouted, “I’m a Guitar Hero god!”

By the time the tournament wrapped up, it was getting pretty late, and people started gathering their things to leave. Once everyone was out of the store, Tara locked the front door, waved goodbye to everyone, and began to walk down the street with Willow, Buffy, and Liam in the direction of the funeral home. They were all tired and walked along in a comfortable silence. When the group finally reached their destination, they made the trek up the stairwell before breaking off into their respective pairs at the top.

Tara followed Willow into the redhead’s bedroom, and the two began to get ready for bed. As Tara pulled off her socks, a black and white puff of fur shot out from under the bed to attack the discarded footwear.

“I swear I lose more socks to the cat than I do to the dryer monster,” the blonde commented as she lifted up the blankets and crawled into bed. Willow followed right behind.

Despite technically being Tara’s cat, Cali’s time was split between both Tara’s and Willow’s homes. Depending on where the couple was staying on a given night, the cat could typically be found wherever the two women were. She did occasionally get to spend a night with ‘Aunt Kim,’ as Tara had affectionately dubbed her friend, since Kim had basically fallen in love with the furry kitten during the week Cali had spent at her house while Tara was out of town with Willow, but these visits had only happened a few times.

In bed, the two sleepy women cuddled together with Tara curled up in Willow’s arms.

“Are you ready for tomorrow?” Willow asked into Tara’s hair.

“Totally,” Tara confirmed. Then she laughed. “Do you think Kim will have forgotten about you and me in the back room by then?”

“Baby, I don’t think Kim will ever forget about that,” Willow joked. She then added, “However, I for one don’t plan on forgetting any time soon.”

Tara looked up with a gleam in her eye. “Oh, really?”

“Really.”

And, suddenly, neither woman was feeling very sleepy anymore.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

sweet update... :pinky

thank God Tara closed the door right on time..I wonder what would happen to Kim if she's a few minutes earlier :blush

more..more :kdevil
:kgeek RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:19 am 
8. Vixen

Haha, poor Kim! Willow's retort was too funny.
Cute name by the way - I am so happy that they wont name their kid Disney. Geez. Though maybe she would have had free entry to Disneyworld for the rest of her life.
I missed Cali! So cute that she is a sock monster.
Great update, as usual :p

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:42 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Great update. Made me want to cut out on work and start an impromtu Guitar Hero tournament.

I have tried the half down approach to the drum pedal which does help cut down on the shin ouchies. Since I play regular guitar, I tend to tap my foot to keep the beat anyway so if I could only stop myself from tapping the pedal foot I would get much better scores. :blush

Very interesting switch up on the lefty-playing. When I started taking guitar lessons my instructor was right-handed and when he saw I was a lefty went a little pale. So I shrugged and said, okay let's try the right-handed way. Was it more challenging since you already knew how to play the other way? Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:20 pm 
2. Floating Rose

arsyadriani: If Kim had been a few minutes earlier, she would have had an aneurysm and died. For serious. Good thing she wasn't earlier, huh?
WillowRulez: Yeah, Disney's a dumb name, but people really name their kids junk like that. Poor kids. As for Cali, aren't all cats sock monsters when it really comes down to it?
ophelia11: You totally should have skipped work. I've called in "sick" to play Rock Band with my friends. Totally worth it. Do it tomorrow. I've never been a foot tapper so no problems with the drum kit there. I tend to count in my head subconsciously. But I'm one of those crazies who counts everything I do. Regarding guitar re-learning... I don't know that I would say it was more difficult, per se, because I don't really remember exactly how difficult it was learning the first time around. I was in 7th grade. Long time ago. I think it was definitely more frustrating trying to get myself to play left-handed. I think that's mainly because in my head I knew what my hands needed to do but actually making it happen was another story. The hardest part was making my left arm strum. Completely awkward because my right arm was loose and totally used to the up and down. The left was tight and weird and not a very willing participant causing me to strum basically only from the wrist. So, like I said, very frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:31 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

LOL. I soooooooooooo wanna call in, but I have this huge report I'm working on. Sometimes geeky work stuff totally sucks. I'm gonna have to plan a Rock Band day soon. If I don't tap my foot then I'll make this "Ttttt" sound to myself. In high school I played part time in the percussion section and I remember that's how the drumline would keep the beat so it stuck. I get funny looks. ;-) I think I would have the same problem relearning 'cause my hands are totally programmed now. Did you ever see the episode of Friends when Phoebe was teaching Joey to play guitar and she had funny names for the chords? I find myself doing that in meetings sometimes to keep myself entertained. It's a sickness.

Laura

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:04 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

very good thing :kdevil

so she didn't have to cut the 'W/T time' :blush

:kgeek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:35 am 
3. Flaming O

I just found this story and I really like it. What I think is especially good is that both Willow and Tara are little different here than they usually are. It's not a big difference but it's not very often that you see Tara in a band or having problems with drugs. The best part of course is that despite of those changes everything works perfectly. I never felt that 'Tara/Willow would never do that'. As a music-enthusiast I also enjoyed the fact that this story ties up with music.

Btw, I had to buy that Something Corporate CD you've mentioned a couple of times here. I listened some songs on Youtube and it sounded so good that I had to buy it. Funnily I got an e-mail from the record shop saying that they've posted it while I was typing this message. Many of the other bands sounded good too, but I haven't had time to check out them yet.

A question about Guitar Hero. It's very funny game (especially if you're drunk!) but I've found that many people who play real guitar, myself included, have some problems playing Guitar Hero and I was wondering if anyone of kittens has experienced that? For me it's okay if I don't know the song very well, but I if I do then playing it on Guitar Hero feels very strange. It's like I'm constantly trying to find a pattern that doesn't exist, and get frustrated when I don't find one.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:23 pm 
2. Floating Rose

ophelia11: I totally understand geeky work stuff, but sometimes geeky video game stuff has to take precedent. What's fun though is when geeky video game stuff overlaps with geeky work stuff and your entire office gets in on the action. Maybe you could get the people you work with to get in on a game? If not Guitar Hero/Rock Band maybe something more group oriented? Battlefront perhaps? Or Call of Duty? There's nothing quite like gunning down your boss, even if it is in a virtual world. We have a server dedicated to our office gaming and when the day gets stressful a "meeting" is called. Toss some ideas around with your co-workers possibly?
arsyadriani: Totally.
PolarBear: How awesome of you to check out the story and leave feedback. Thank you for your kind words, and good for you for checking out the music. In regards to Guitar Hero, I have to say that at times there are problems with playing. I'm completely there with you on the "pattern searching." Do you also have trouble on modes like medium when they seemingly skip over tons of notes? I've found myself trying to play notes that don't even exist on the screen but totally exist in the song. I've also found that sometimes it's easier to play the game when you just treat it like a "follow the colored dots" situation and don't so much rely on what you actually hear. Like those old Casio keyboards for kids that have the light up keys to teach a song. Does that even make sense? Anyway, thanks again for leaving feedback. It's nice to know people are reading. I just wish more people would leave feedback. I see that the thread gets a ton of views but I only get a small amount of feedback. Makes me wonder if the story sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:27 pm 
2. Floating Rose

your story doesnt suck, its totally awesome. Sometimes people read, but dont leave feed back. I never use to.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:08 am 
3. Flaming O

unionjill30 wrote:
I'm completely there with you on the "pattern searching." Do you also have trouble on modes like medium when they seemingly skip over tons of notes? I've found myself trying to play notes that don't even exist on the screen but totally exist in the song. .

Yeah, that's part of the problem. I once tried to play Holy Diver on easy mode and it was basically impossible because so many 'notes' were missing. The "just follow the colored dots" -method you mentioned works quite often though.

In regards of lack of feedback, it seems to be common problem on this board. I can only speak for myself but sometimes it's hard to find anything useful to say and being non native English speaker doesn't make it any easier. I want say something more than just "This is awesome" or "good story".

So basically, it's us readers who suck

Last edited by PolarBear on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:03 am 
2. Floating Rose

I checked the thread in hope of an update, but then I realised that I didn't left any feedback on the last one. :blush
So here it goes:
Great stuff, as all of the chapters. You had me laughing several times, but I'm not going to quote all of the lines.
Just this one:
Quote:
The two women shared a laugh before Buffy continued. “Will says I’m only conforming to society’s rules on how boys and girls should dress, but it was actually kind of cathartic, just knowing whether to choose the dress or the sweater vest combo. And it’s not like I’m going to put her in dresses every day. I just bought the one.”

Thats exactly the conversation I had with my two sisters-in-law, at the time they've been pregnant. Two times it was a girl and as soon as they knew they drove to the city and bought the ugliest pink-something that they could possibly find. And the other two kids, boys, got some really ugly jacket in blue with a picture of an firefighter car.. serious.. what is wrong? :-D

And in regard of the lack of feedback, I go with everything PolarBear wrote above.
I just hope that my Feedback makes actually sense. ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:36 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
What lovely spontaneous and inappropriately timed/placed sex. I really enjoy the way you describe the kissing/rolling/falling in such a way that I didn't mind the lack of actual play-by-play to the sex. It was just right.

The description of the record store opening party was just so fun and it really gives the reader a good idea of the friendship and community surrounding these friends. Disney would have been a stupid name! Good choice to change it, Buffy.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:14 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Okay clearly mother nature needed me to get a Rock Band fix so she cancelled work for 3 days because of wind storms. (Sucks for anyone that suffered damages, but fortunately for me = mini vacation) Just picked up Rock Band 2 which is the only place where you can totally jam to Eye of the Tiger one minute and Down With The Sickness the next (okay you could also do that on my ipod, but I'm weird).

Love the idea of workplace gaming, though I'm the boss for my division so I suspect their would be some gang up. It's all good though. I'd whip their butts.

;-)

Later!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Please update the story soon.This story is so good. :pray

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:08 am 
2. Floating Rose

Holy crap y'all, it's a mid-November miracle. I come offering apologies, a small update, and a brief explanation. I preface aforementioned explanation with a statement that I in no way intend to come across as sad or whiny.

Long story short, when this story first took it's long hiatus years ago, it was due in large part to a new relationship that was, much like all new relationships, distracting, albeit in a good way. This good distraction that kept me from writing somewhere along the line morphed into something I later came to realize was a stifling of my creativity in multiple aspects of my life. I'm a trooper and stuck it out even though I shouldn't have. Last year when I posted a few updates, she and I were on one of our many fritzes and I was prepping to move out. I was starting to feel good again. It took a few months for me to finally move out, and once I did, it took me a little while to start to get that groove back, so to speak. I think it's back now and in full force. There are about a thousand projects in the works right now and it's awesome. Four years of suffocating and I feel like I can finally breathe again. For serious, if you're in a relationship and it makes you feel completely unlike yourself, move on. Quickly.

With that out of the way, shall I post the update? Okay then, I will. As I said before, it's small, but more will be on the way. I figure since it's been so long, people will probably have to back track and figure out what the heck is even going on prior to reading this anyway. And not to disappoint, but I feel like there are only one or two more updates until our conclusion.

Title: Songs For A Mix Tape
Rating: PG - PG13ish?
Disclaimer: I don’t own the characters from ME.

Track 24: Songs Remain by H2O
Part C

The morning dawned bright and early on the day Down On Margo was set to open. Tara fumbled across the deeply sleeping body of her girlfriend to cut off the NPR host reporting the local news on Willow’s radio alarm clock. This earned a grouchy grumble from the redhead who was desperately trying to re-nuzzle her way into the warm, naked body beside her. Tara acquiesced and settled back into the bed, which caused Willow’s mouth to turn up into a small smile in her sleep.

The blonde snuggled with Willow for a full ten minutes past the alarm before she decided they should really be getting out of bed and ready for the day ahead. She gently began stroking up and down her girlfriend’s arm, quietly murmuring the other woman’s name.

Willow let out a squeaky grunt and burrowed even further into Tara’s neck.

“Sweetie,” Tara tried again softly, “it’s time to get up.”

“No,” Willow whined in response.

Tara decided a little bribery was in order. “I’ll make something yummy for breakfast.”

That did the trick. Willow peeled one of her eyes open but didn’t move out of her cozy position. “What kind of yummy breakfast?” she inquired.

“Oh, I don’t know. Maybe some crepes.”

“With bananas?”

“Sure. And maybe even strawberries.”

“And chocolate syrup?”

“Yes, and chocolate syrup.”

“And powdered sugar?”

Against her better judgment, Tara agreed. “If you want powdered sugar, then you can have powdered sugar.” She had to resist the urge to tell Willow all that processed sugar was terrible for her.

Willow knew she’d been the victim of a successful bribe and let out a tiny, defeated sigh. After peeling her other eye open, she said, “Okay, let’s get up.” She slowly pulled back from Tara and extended all of her limbs into one giant stretch.

“Why don’t you shower while I do food,” Tara offered.

Not one to ignore such a perfect opening, Willow relaxed out of her stretch and pulled herself back into the blonde’s body. “Or you could join me in the shower and I could do you,” she offered in the most innocent voice she could muster.

Tara responded with a full belly laugh and a kiss to the other girl’s nose. “You, my sweet, sweet Willow, are a goof.”

“Oh sure, mock me when I’m trying to be all sexy.” Willow tried to sound wounded, but the twinkle in her eyes gave away the fact that she was joking. She pulled back for the second time and finally stood. On her way out the door to the bathroom, she reached to grab a robe hanging from the over-the-door hook, making sure to extend her body in such a way to give Tara as much of a view as possible. “I’ll just go shower. Alone,” she mock-pouted and left the room.

In the bathroom, Willow turned the shower on and brushed her teeth while she let the water heat up. Once she slipped into the warm shower spray, she closed her eyes as she ducked under the water to wet her hair. Before reaching for the shampoo, she wiped her eyes, then opened them and let out an impressively high-pitched shriek.

“Hi.” Tara had managed to silently slip into the shower and was currently standing mere inches from the redhead’s body.

Willow quickly recovered and gave her girlfriend a light slap on the arm. “You scared the crap outta me.”

Gathering the other woman in her arms, Tara offered a brief, smoldering kiss as a means of apology. She pulled back and smirked. “I can leave if you want.”

“Don’t you dare,” Willow breathed and leaned forward for another, longer kiss.

As they broke apart temporarily for air, Tara asked, “You realize this means we’ll probably have to skip breakfast, don’t you?”

Without hesitation, Willow responded, “Totally worth it,” and resumed kissing her girl.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... That was a nice wake up...

Welcome back!

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:10 am 
8. Vixen

Quote:
For serious, if you're in a relationship and it makes you feel completely unlike yourself, move on. Quickly.

Well said. :smash
I am soooooo happy, ecstatic even, that you are back.This will always be one of my favorite stories and certainly one of the few I have read over and over again.
Very cute update! I cant wait for more. :pinky I amglad you are doing okay again. :peace

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
I've read this story multiple times since I discovered it last year and I absolutely love it.

I'm so glad you decided to continue it and even if there's only another couple of updates, it'll be great to get the resolution of it.

The shower bit was awesome :pride

Can't wait for more!

:peace

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:06 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Okay, I found this this morning and I've read the whole thing in one sitting (except for a 30 minute break to eat and because a friend called me) and I LOVE it! I love that Tara is left handed (me too!) and I loved that Ira set them up to surprise Willow! and I loved their road trip! And I love that they finally made love! and I love that Kim almost caught them in the store!

I could ramble more, but the short version is that I love this!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

you're baaackkk :pinky
gimme more...gimme moreeee :pray :pray

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 675 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next