The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Coffee Moods (short stories)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:19 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Ok...now I have to go find the object of my affections and make up for lost time. That updates inspired me, as well as turning me into a big pile of, well, you know *blushes before running off to get a better alternative to a cold shower*

~Sticks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:55 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay, I have to confess that yesterday I snuck over to your website to read "Lamplight" and ended up with a mega lump in my throat for my troubles. After reading what's on your website, I was wondering whether you were vying for Cyd's "Mistress of Angst" title, but after reading this story I know that you are vying for an entirely different Mistress title! Wow, powerful women in power suits, fine dining, olive oil, these have always been a few of my favorite things, but oh my, do they take on a whole new meaning now!

Wonderful story, Watson. Thanks for sharing, and please feel free to share some more. :-D

Safuega

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 7:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey Watson! I saw your name on a fic and wanted to check it out. I've read 3 installments thus far, up to and including the painting story. Insert huge "Gulp" here. I love your stories, girl! Where do I begin...

The basic premise is a fantastic one, and I'd feel that way even if I weren't a total caffeine addict. It allows for so many scenarios, so many possibilities. You give great descriptions of those settings, too--enough to paint the scene well, but not so much as to become unwieldy. The description of the sauces and ingredients for meals our girls don't have time to make, for example--great stuff.

The various pionts of view are fantastic. I could "see" each of the people involved, and feel their excitement, angst, uncertainty, etc. And the hot sex scenes in the painting story...Oh, yeah...Very, very nice.

I'm going to be reading more, but wanted to stop in at this point and leave some feedback. I'll do more as I keep reading.

Great stuff!
Mary

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:09 pm 

Holy hotness, Watson! Wow… that about sums it up. Such vivid imagery and detail. It’s kinda like you’re sitting at a table right across from them. That’s why I love your writing, you pay so much attention to detail that it makes the story that much better.

Jackie

"Supposedly the summer is "over." The people that say that are either children or work in the education field. We are neither of those things. The summer is over when it stops being 300 degrees outside. Which won't be until December. That said, we will continue to have summer fun!"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 8:14 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Hey Watson--Just finished the first part of the French trip and wanted to say again how much I love your premise. Again, you give such "tight" descriptions: Tara's drinking from a chipped white cup, e.g. Nothing elaborate or wordy; just one extra adjective to let us see her better.

There's also a theme I love here: travelling light, in all its implications. They're on vacation; they've packed many, many things. But are those things necessary? Do they somehow serve to obscure the simple, unfettered enjoyment of the experience? Maybe I'm reading too much into it (wouldn't be the first time I've done that sorta thing) but I feel like part of what Tara represents is the call to simplify.

Again, I'm really enjoying this. Thanks for offering it!

Mary

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:59 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
*Sneaks in* *Clears throat* *Finds a chair or table or random solid furniture item to hide behind*

:bigwave It's been so long, I wonder if anyone remembers these CMs. I can't remember posting in my own thread for like, forever, I've almost forgotten how to do an update.

To Foomatic, sadie, Elvis, Roz, Emmy, Sallypants, Car (who wasn't writing to me actually), Cyd (who was), Grace, Irene "fajita", tk, maru, beanie, LtSticks, snarky Mary, HalfCamel and hoMary, I thank all of you for reading and feedbacking. My bad for not replying and not adding another one for so long.

I was re-reading these CMs and what struck me was the fact that when I started writing them I didn't drink coffee. Even now it's generally only one soy latte a day and only if I get dragged downstairs to Starbucks by my colleague. Why I started writing short stories with coffee as theme, that's yet another piece in the complex puzzle that is me. It's like I'm taking on something that is familiar, yet certain aspects of it is completely unknown to me, and I don't know if I'll succeed. Indulge me, I like to laugh at myself, and yes ... overthinky.

Title: Coffee Moods
Author: watson (hiddenwatson@gmail.com)
Distribution: please email me first
Rating: PG to NC-17, see individual entries for rating
Disclaimer: BtVS characters, concepts and dialog belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. The stories contained here are of a personal nature, non-commercial, not for sale or profit, and may not be sold or reproduced for commercial purposes.
Summary: Thoughts and frivolities in a coffee sort of way.

~~~~~

Coffee Moods #7: Heatwave
Summary: The mercury surged emphatically past 100 that night we told each other our fantasies.
Rating: NC-17

Afterwards, at home, we looked through the photographs while you archived them into neat hierarchical folders on your Powerbook, and I picked out the ones I wanted to print and display in my scrapbook. You commented on how you could tell from the photos how hot it was — the heat shimmering above the fine sand, the roll of angry, boiling water as the waves pounded the shore, and the noonday sun making everything a shiny white.

Our first vacation together, we came back with absolutely no doubts.

We took it easy, those two weeks in the tiny rented apartment with no air-conditioning, temperamental pipes but oh so brimming with character. We slept in a lot, ate our meals on the balcony overlooking the beach. When we ventured out, it would be to the village café or to the secluded shade of the trees at the top end of the beach. Or you might hop out and buy me the most beautiful flowers and we'd put them in the little porcelain vase with the chip at the lip.

I watched you pottering around the apartment, your oversized cotton shirt flowing freely behind you with every movement. You would make a large jug of iced coffee, or iced tea with mint and lime (Mrs George's special recipe), and we'd have something to enjoy all day. I could see your bare breasts, your hips and hints of red at the apex of your thighs. I wished you would unbutton the shirt a little more, I knew that was all you were wearing. I wanted to jump up from my comfortable armchair and unbutton them personally, but somehow convinced myself to wait till it was night.

For most of the day, we'd do very little, making a conscious effort to relax, or talk, or just hold each other close. There was no need, and it was too hot, to do anything else. It was the type of thick humid heat that left us feeling sticky even after a shower.

The sultry heat from the daytime turned into a stifling, dense blanket at night. We kept the French doors open and allowed the moonlight to stamp its dominance inside the bedroom. Remnants of the day's heat lingered, even the steady rotation of the overhead fan could not chase it away.

We slept unencumbered. Just a thin sheet covering our bare bodies, not for protection or warmth, merely a habit.

We were opening up to each other too. Having eagerly snapped up and stored away every tidbit about family, school grades and ticklish spots, it was time to delve onto deeper territory.

The mercury surged emphatically past 100 the night we told each other our fantasies.

I told you about mine, painting a vivid picture of an oppressively dark city full of people running scared, of the chaos and degradation that blanketed the entire fantasyscape. I imagined a larger than life version of me, swooping in to save the world. And as reward my adoring subjects would give up complete control of their lives, their bodies and their pleasures to me, and they would call me Mistress. Typical fantasies of a girl with self-confidence issues, it took me a good few minutes and much stuttering to fully describe the scenario.

"I want to watch you, I want to watch you make yourself come, you're so beautiful when you come," you said simply.

For a second I felt myself stiffen. I wondered if you knew what you were asking, but realized it didn't matter. I looked into the eyes of the woman I loved, the woman I was willing to give my life, my heart and my soul to, and realized you would do the same for me. When that look finished, my vulnerabilities dissolved and I nodded imperceptibly.

I silently asked for, and was promptly rewarded with, a smile so open, so generous. You leaned over and kissed me deeply, our mouths as open as we communicated our need.

With a tender trace over my arms, you rolled me over on my back and slid your way slowly down my body, making sure the tips of our breasts touched. I could feel your touch, as hot as the night outside, scorching over my equally heated skin.

I opened my legs and you knelt between my knees, like an eager child waiting for heaven. You gave me a grin so salacious that I felt my breath hitch and my insides flare up with desire.

I had never felt so sexy, so sensuous. Watching you, watching me.

You didn't touch me apart from a firm but soft grip to hold my legs wide apart, all the time watching my increasingly uncontrollable sensuality overcome my fears.

I felt like a blank canvas, lying there naked, legs spread, arms stretched out above my head, my breasts peaking proudly. I was sure you could smell my arousal. I closed my eyes and imagined the blank canvas sitting on an easel in the afternoon sun. And then I filled the canvas with passion, and devotion, and lust. Because I could see your passion for me, I could feel my devotion for you and I could almost reach out and taste the lust we shared.

One hand in my mouth, my teeth biting down hard against a knuckle as the other reached down. My fingers paused briefly before reaching in and stretching my outer lips open. I alternated between hard, fast pressure and soft feathery touches, the feeling of my fingers so intense that I couldn't touch the oversensitive nub too hard.

I sensed your intense gaze on me. But instead of embarrassment, it made me more determined to show you, to fulfill your fantasy.

As I continued to roll my clit around my thumb and fingers, I pushed my middle finger deep inside me. I could feel the silkiness of my muscles, of how easily my finger glided over the smooth frictionless surface, and oh my god how good it felt.

I felt the numbness building very quickly. I relaxed and let my body tell me what it needed but it wasn't long before I felt myself tensing, the tension building until I could no longer contain the feeling washing over me. My muscles spasmed, my head felt light and around my fingers my release detonated like a sudden onslaught of rain and sun and snow and wind.

My back arched high and my legs strained against your hold. The scream I heard didn't sound like it came from me, it was so wild and unrestrained. I shook and shivered, and it was not from the heat.

When I collapsed in a spent heap, you were right there, holding me tight in a warm embrace, stroking my hair until I fell asleep.

When I woke, you were nowhere to be seen.

My first instinct was to panic, but the endorphin rush soon took over and my mind went to the image of you watching me, all wantonly pleasuring myself. I tried to imagine how I looked from your vantage point between my knees, and I felt a blush of embarrassed arousal spreading over me.

The night light was on, the soft blue light casting a small circle of brightness in the darkness of the hot night.

"You're awake baby," you greeted me as you sat a tray down at the bedside table. Iced coffee, I could see the beads of condensation on the glass and feel the ice melting. "Did you sleep well?"

"Very well," I smiled and stretched, earning a droolworthy stare from you. "Was I out long?"

You shrugged. "Only about half an hour, but you were out like a wink," you snapped your fingers to emphasize your point.

For the first time that night I felt myself blushing. "I'm sorry," I mumbled.

"Tara honey, let me tell you how not sorry you should be feeling," you said. "That was so beautiful, you're so beautiful. Thank you for giving this to me."

"Was that really your fantasy? Watching me while I, um, get myself off? What did you fantasize about before you met me?" I asked, lazily tracing small circles on your arms.

"I never really thought about it before I met you. I think my naughtiest fantasies involved me and Xander and chemistry experiments. I was a pretty sexless person, then I met you and I'm like a giant slut."

"You're not a slut, no way am I having a slut for girlfriend," I joked.

"What if I am, and need to be saved?" you said softly, your head bowing slightly in deference.

I sensed the subtle change in your tone and the hidden intention. "Then I'll have no choice but to save you and command you to obey my every whim. You will give up control of your body and pleasure me, just as I pleasure you. Repeatedly," I declared, it was easy to get in character, I had so many restless nights of imagining and planning out this scenario. “Are you ready for that?"

Her breathing became faster and I could hear your faint moan. "Yes," you whispered.

Yes, it was the night we told each other our fantasies. And the night when they became real.

Our first vacation together, and it was being together in all the sense of the word.

The End
[br]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 10:07 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

A HAH! DIBBS!! FINALLY!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 6:09 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

So my eyebrows surged upward when I read the summary.

Then I started reading and they stayed up. Then they waggled, then they dipped and quivered a bit. More high strung arching and forehead wrinkling followed.

Then, frankly, I stopped paying attention to my eyebrows.

Wow. That was sweet, sexy and absolutely lovely. I am not a fan of heat or beaches or sandy, humid places in general, so I had a brief moment of disengagement when I first began. Then I reached the description of Willow puttering around in the shirt and was charmed - first by the details and then by Tara waiting until night.

I like the waiting and the unspoken bits of your writing in general. Thank you for the wonderful description of Willow's fantasy, and thank you for leaving Tara's to our imaginations - you could've done a great job with it I'm sure, but it certainly wasn't needed. You set a stage so well the script is redundant. Again - lovely.

Regards,

Boschi (who really wants an iced coffee right now)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 5:45 am 
17. Mega-Witches

My dear watson, this is a heatwave indeed. Every adjective that comes to mind to describe the setting, the character descriptions, the sex, and the weather is a variation of H-O-T. (I do have to say, why did they rent an apartment for their vacation with no air conditioning in 100 degree heat, but maybe that's my American-ness showing.)

Telling your significant other your fantasies and then pleasuring yourself while they watch is one of the most intimate and vulnerable things I can think of, and you describe it so well - both what is going through their minds and then the aftermath.

And welcome to the ranks of the coffee drinkers, by the way. As you get more used to lattes, try a cappucino sometime! If you acquire the taste for coffee, you'll appreciate tasting more of the richness of the coffee. (Well, that's my opinion, anyway - I drink all coffee black except for a cappucino every other month, on average.)

Speaking of coffee, Willow making a jug of iced coffee was a nice addition of coffee to the coffee moods while still acknowledging that it was hot where they were. I don't like iced coffee myself (who says it's all about me, anyway?) since it's fairly bitter enough and the heat sort of counteracts the bitterness, I think (unless it's just numbing my tastebuds)).

Anyway, watty, woo and hoo and woo hoo some more.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 11:49 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Oh wow, Watty. I just love your "Coffee Moods" and this one in particular. (I’ve probably read it at least 6 times) It was short but didn't lack anything. And need I mention that it was quite possibly one of the yummiest things I've ever read? :eyebrow

I'm just sorry that it took me so long to leave actual feedback on this. I'm not sure why exactly....perhaps it is because I lack the ability to leave feedback on love scenes beyond the words "yummy" and "Hot" which seemed completely inadequate each time I sat here staring at this short. (pay no attention to the fact the word "yummiest" is sitting directly above us, okay? :lol )

your writing is completely complex yet incredibly simple at the same time. if that makes any sense? I just love reading anything you write. And I'm sorry that I can't say it any better than that. Thank you so much for sharing these with us.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:02 pm 

Hi watty...what I think you've done so well on this CM is to have it absolutely wrapped in intimacy. Naturally the content, sharing/engaging in a fantasy, could be enough for that requirement, but you take it another step further with your pov choice, setting, atmosphere, etc. Descriptions are well-chosen and vivid but not overdone - the kind of way it would sound if sketched from memory. This makes it, once again, a very intimate, sultry piece. Your writing continues to impress me...I hope more will be on the way when you can. Thanks so much for this.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:54 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
I remembered to write replies this time.

Emmy -- LOL!!!! Dibs indeedy finally. Congratulations! :)

~~~~~

fajita -- wow, Irene, I never get tired of your feedback, I can guarantee that even if I feel like crap before I read your words, I'll feel so much better afterwards. Your kindness and enthusiasm is so infectious! Plus so many different descriptions of hot. :blush
Quote:
The descriptions of the iced coffee and tea was a nice contrast to the rising mercury in the apartment.

I did have a sort of whitewashed, overexposed image of the holiday apartment in my mind, and I could even "see" the droplets of condensation from the container that held the cold drinks. I've tried to make this an atmospheric piece, I'm glad you liked.

~~~~~

Boschi - dude that's a lotta exercise your eyebrows got. :lol I had Groucho Marx in my mind, cos of the eyebrows. heehee.
Quote:
I am not a fan of heat or beaches or sandy, humid places in general, so I had a brief moment of disengagement when I first began.

Like I said to Irene, I was trying to paint an atmosphere of a place that is arid. I'm glad you were able to see past the heat. I could have set this fic in another location, like a rainy day or Alaska, but I liked the sultry nature of the heat.
Quote:
I like the waiting and the unspoken bits of your writing in general.

Thanks. I'm not a careful reader, I'll be the first to admit. I'm too impatient for that. I've been chastised about it on more than one occasion (and for good reason -- I was beta-ing and I should be reading more carefully), so it's easier for me to be sparse with my writing, I can't do detailed descriptions at all. Thanks for reading.

~~~~~

uberqueen - hey sallypants.
Quote:
why did they rent an apartment for their vacation with no air conditioning in 100 degree heat

I'd like to think that they rented this place because of its rustic charm, I could imagine the lazy rotation of a ceiling fan, but apart from that, the only way to keep cool was to open the windows. Or to roll ice cubes all over each other's naked bodies. heehee. Seriously, in many parts of Europe there is no airconditioning, and I was going for an exotic feel to this story.

Quote:
Telling your significant other your fantasies and then pleasuring yourself while they watch is one of the most intimate and vulnerable things I can think of

It's something I absolutely cannot imagine myself doing. Totally agree about the intimacy and mostly the vulnerability of this scenario. You'll have to trust the other person completely, give yourself up to them completely, the relationship has to be very strong. How often do you get that? The lovebirds are so lucky.

I'm drinking coffee more and more. Yesterday at the coffee shop (not starbucks, the competitor) downstairs, they were giving away free coffees, most likely as gimmick. And I got myself a caramel latte. Today I bought a soy latte on my own accord. I still can't drink anything stronger and nothing will replace a nice cuppa tea in my mind.

~~~~~

Emmy, take two --
Quote:
I’ve probably read it at least 6 times

wow. :bow Thank you my dear. "Yummy" and "hot" are great! Makes me feel very yummy and hot inside. :lol

Quote:
completely complex yet incredibly simple

That's me. I can overthink. No, I do overthink and overanalyze ... you know that. But I don't have a large vocabulary, and I cannot even begin to write descriptions as beautiful as yours, so i have to keep my stories simple. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we each have a little of ourselves in our writing.

Thanks Emmy for your words, much appreciated.

~~~~~

The genius -- cyd you say the nicest things. :blush And poignant too, with so few words. Yes the pov was important to me, originally it was a straightforward first person (all CMs are written using "I") but I like this change to ... I don't know what the technical term is, I know it's not exactly second person ... Car / hoMary / Debra, a little help?

Intimate and sultry, that's exactly what i was aiming for. A little room, whitewashed walls that reflect the heat from the outside. Just the two of them. I was trying for an atmosphere, I think I kinda managed it.

Praise coming from you is praise of the highest order, and I'm always so touched (my ego is adequately stroked too -- NO smartass remarks about stroking please). Thanks for reading and thanks for your friendship.

~~~~~

[br]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:14 pm 
3. Flaming O

I've had my traveling shoes on, so I'm a bit late to the party, but I'm here nonetheless!

Ah, Watson, you have a way with words... your painted imagery is amazing and sensual. You leave me breathless.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:03 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

first: :drool woah...

second: i am so completely smitten with the way you write :laugh beautiful! hot! it had such a classic feel to it, very 'it happened that night in Monte Carlo'ish

third: you are without a doubt my favourite writer on the board :bow :applause

in conclusion: -Belli XxX

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:09 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
Willow throws out her coffee machine? Now that I cannot believe.

*visions of Will in a Cat-woman suit doing acrobatic flips as she covertly sneaks to the cafe for a coffee without Tara knowing about it... hmm*

Normally I'm not so much into the baby stories but I have to admit the contraception-through-spells method is my favourite, and I totally loved this spin.

Also, classic Anya. Loved it. LOVED it. The best bit had to be that she actually managed to pull Willow into it as well.

And a random cow (?) :moo

"Alternate universes don't stay put. Trying to send him to a specific place is sort of like ... like ... trying to hit a ... puppy, by throwing a live bee at it. Which is a weird image, and you should all just forget it."
-Willow

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:12 am 
2. Floating Rose

Topics: 2
Oh, and the paint story had to be one of my favourites. :drool :drool :drool It was so beautifully told and if I *ever* get a girlfriend I am so trying that out.

"Alternate universes don't stay put. Trying to send him to a specific place is sort of like ... like ... trying to hit a ... puppy, by throwing a live bee at it. Which is a weird image, and you should all just forget it."
-Willow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5