The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: GASP indeed
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 8:53 pm 
For some reason I didn't read parts 14 and 15 until today. Even with the confirmation of Tara's death in part 13 and the hope of a miracle to change things I went on the emotional rollercoaster along with Willow. Her epic race to change the past and the depression brought on by blaming herself for Tara's death left me exhausted. To read(and hear in my mind) Willow's name being called out by Tara brought a sigh of relief and a smile. Great way to end the update and Now I'll be waiting for the next one. Be safe Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:00 pm 
Wow! Definite edge of your seat thrilling. I was like "Go Willow!" Didn't have to wait too long to see if she had gotten there in time or not cuz Tara showed up *grin* Totally awesome update.

**Michelle

"these wounds won't seem to heal,

this pain is just too real,

there's just too much that time cannot erase"--Evanescence (My Immortal)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:20 pm 
:aww i havent seen an update in like forever i hope everything is ok but i wanna see an update lol you just left us with that HUGE cliff hanger and still no update :thud you cant just do that to uss lol pleaseeeee i for one would LOVE to be like this :buried in your updates lol:pray

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 5:50 am 
I, um, got distraced by reality TV, my bad. You gotta admit, it's an addictive form of mass market entertainment -- once you get into it, it traps you for, well, a long time.

Replies then Part 16.

JSI - hey Debra, you got first post indeed.
Quote:
"as soon as she shuts the lid, it changes history."
Yes it does. Now your quantum question -- old Tara agreed to meet Willow at the EP in 2004, but she has no knowledge of what her fate is to come, when she graciously agreed, she honestly thought she'll have to wait 3 years. Now, if history has changed, it means Tara is alive in December 2003, so why didn't she show up? There is a reason behind that, but I'll leave Tara to explain it herself, not this part, but next part. There are other conversations that need to take place this part.

Willow18 -
Quote:
Tara can make it all better. *wink wink, nudge nudge* Right?
Yes she can. And she's here.

tarasgirl2 - *drops down oxygen tank to michaela, or may be a massage*. Thanks for being patient, next we will see if Willow has done enough ...

Emms - that's a lot of thudding smilies, thanks!!! Yes, Tara is here and we'll see what happened when Willow dropped the note in the mailbox.

Cyd -
Quote:
It's a gross understatement for me to say that I'm curious to see what has been altered.
My premise is that the only thing that hasn't changed is that Tara's alive. All the external things, I honestly haven't thought that clearly about. I just want to concentrate on W/T.

veiled isis moon - basically, Willow's note alerted 2002 Tara so she doesn't go to the Espresso Pump because on her way there in original timeline she gets shot. And now it's 2005 and current time (2005) Tara is here. Hope that's more clear.

Missocki - oh my, thanks for no longer wanting to little ol' me. Tara is here now.

lil fled - Willow changed history by preventing Tara's death in 2002. It's now 2005 and Tara is very much alive. I'll leave her to explain things in a little more detail. But mainly, like you wish, I'm going to concentrate on snuggles and more ...

russ - thank you! As for the quantum question, original Tara did say yes to the meeting at the Espresso Pump but as she gets shot in 2002 she is not around at the time of their agreed meeting, hence her not showing up. The agreement was part of the original timeline, that is, Tara made the promise before time diverged -- by her time it was around November 2001. The change in history took place May 10, 2002 for Tara's timeline. Willow's timeline hasn't changed, the visit to the gallery, mad dash, the note in the mailbox, now Tara at her doostep, all happens in the same day. As for what's happened to Tara between 2002 and now, I'll let her explain it in a little more detail, that's for Part 17.

WillowNTara4ever - I think part of being a writer of Pens is that you gotta include a cliffhanger in your fics, that's kinda a rule here. Feel free to me but don't forget, I'm the bringer of , eventually.

meretricious - so many good points. Yes, Willow's feelings for Tara should finally be clear in her mind, and it has been a truly crappy day so far for her. As for Tara, she's always had to wait for 3 years, I don't totally know what's she done, may be that's a potential short story in the making, hmmm. Will they research the mystical / science behind the mailbox or will they skip to the happily ever after? I'll reveal in due course.

terra21 - it's my birthday? Really? Here's the update! BTW, thanks for linking to the weblog, I did the same for yours, porr terra, having tax nightmares, hope the update cheers you up a little.

Viximon - I'm a meanie? Wait, yeah, I am. Willow's reaction to Tara? Coming right up.

Irishgrl3 - lots and lots of catching up, I agree. Now, will they be sensible and talk research, or just catch up as 2 friends would, or jump right into the smooching? I'm not telling, cos, it's coming in the update.

Grimlock72 - on behalf of the rather flustered and probably extremely puzzled gallery owner I thank you for thinking of him. What did Willow write on the note? Honestly I have no idea, it's a tiny piece of paper so it can't have been a lengthy babble. Well, as long as it got the job done. I did intend the van with the spaceship design to be the nerds' van with the Deathstar on the side. Some readers have caught that.

What would have happened to Tara without the mailbox? That's an interesting question -- she would have never started writing Willow, never gotten close, never fallen in love. But she may still have been walking to the Espresso Pump on the day in question, so a very bad state of affairs indeed, I don't want to even think about that scenario. Luckily there was the mailbox. As for what happened between 2002 and 2004, young Willow merely grew up into the Willow we know now, and as for Tara, I'll let her explain in the part after this.

wimpy0729 - oh my god, I'm blushing so hard now. Thank you! Explanations to come, not in a lot of detail, and I'll leave it to Tara to do the deed.

shuyaku -
Quote:
That was beyond stressful!!
so sorry for inducing stress. But Tara's here now.

Traveler4069 - and to think it all happened in just one day, poor Willow, not having a good day. Up to now.

pikescoob - didn't want to stretch the angst out, I'm glad you came on the ride with Willow.

WillowNTara4ever - there, there. Update is here now.

------

quiet thoughts

Edited by: hidden watson at: 3/1/05 5:36 am

Post subject: Common Areas - Part 16
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:42 am 
Title: Common Areas

Author: watson (hiddenwatson@yahoo.com)

Distribution: please email me first

Rating: PG-13 to R

Summary: Sunnydale, AU. Set during 2001/2 and 2004/5. Willow and Tara find each other through time.

Disclaimer: This story is inspired by and adapted from a Korean film called Il Mare. The story premise, of 2 people who connect across time, belongs to Lee Hyun-Seung, although I have deviated from the story somewhat. BtVS characters belong to Mutant Enemy, Fox, The WB, UPN and others. I own nothing. I am nothing.

Notes: "It's really you?" "I'm here."

Part 16

"T-t-tara?"

The blonde goddess smiled softly in acknowledgement.

At the smile, Willow sprang instantly into action, ran across the room and launched herself into Tara. The thought did not cross her mind that wrapping her arms around someone who strictly speaking she was meeting for the first time may not be so, ah, appropriate.

"It's really you? You're real! You're here!" she cried.

"I'm here," Tara smiled.

Willow could feel the smile through the thin fabric of her shirt. Then she suddenly realized the proximity and intimacy of their position and let go of Tara apologetically. She stayed a hair's breath from the other girl though, not willing to relinquish their closeness.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to squash you but you just walked in through my door when I thought I'd lost you forever a-a-and why did you walk through my door? I mean, I don't understand, I thought you were, were —" Willow stopped, unable to continue.

Tara looked at the face of the person she loved from afar and had waited for 3 years and tenderly traced the redhead's jawline with her fingertips. She noted the red eyes and wrinkled clothing. Looking further around her, she saw that there was no light inside the apartment. Willow must have been lying on the couch in the dark.

"Sweetie, have you been crying," she said matter-of-factly.

"No, no. I felt like I was on the verge of crying but it just won't come," Willow whispered. "I was so scared."

"You want to talk about it?" Tara asked gently.

Willow took a deep breath before she answered. "I think we need to, I have so many questions and I'm sure you do too. But first let me clean up a little, will that be ok?" Tara nodded. "Just make yourself at home, I'll be quick."

She switched on the main lights and finally took off her coat and shoes. She guided Tara toward the couch and watched the other girl sat down before rushing off to the bathroom.

She had been a Scooby long enough to know that anything was possible, so she deliberately made herself not think about why a supposedly dead blonde witch was doing in her living room, to all intents and purposes looking very alive. She was no vampire or zombie or ghost, but what else, if she was real, or from this reality, she was not sure.

When she was done she turned around and studied Tara carefully for the first time from the cover of the bathroom. The blonde was looking at one of the magazines on the coffee table and seemed familiar with the contents. She looked a little older than the photos that the Tara she corresponded with sent her through the mailbox. She did not appear to be someone who traveled through time or dimensions, dressed casually in a V-neck sweater and jeans.

She made her way to the kitchen, exchanging a smile and a nod with Tara on the way, and returned to the living room with 2 glasses of water. She settled down next to Tara on the couch, not touching, but maintaining a close distance.

Tara put down the magazine and suddenly they were overcome with shyness.

"So," they said together, which caused a bout of embarrassed laughter.

"You first," said Tara.

"No, you first, please," begged Willow.

Tara acquiesced and took a sip of the water.

"Where do I begin? It's been a while, you know," she sighed.

"Okay, I gotta stop you there, sorry. I need to know. Where are you from? No, what I mean is, when are you from? Cos I can't figure it out," Willow interrupted. She just told Tara to tell her story first, and now she was barging in with her own questions, how rude.

Tara did not seem to notice as she nodded in understanding. "Oh, I get it. I'm from now, I mean 2005. I got your note, the one you wrote on the Magic Shop receipt, it was almost illegible and all but I got the message, of how important it was that I went home straight after going to the gallery and avoid the bank and the Espresso Pump."

"I was distraught. I had to tell you and the paper was so small, my hands were shaking so much ..." Willow shuddered as she thought back to earlier in the day, amazingly it was still the same day.

"Something was going to happen wasn't it, something bad?" Tara wondered.

"What? Oh, of course. You couldn't have known. Um, how can I say this. I went by the gallery this morning and saw the sketches," Willow explained. "They're beautiful. Thank you by the way."

"I had a good subject," Tara reminisced.

"Anyway the gallery owner was giving me stuff to sign and he wanted my driver's license, which was all so strange, but I remember you saying you're leaving them for me so I figured they need to verify my identity or something. But then he made an off-hand remark and my world fell apart," Willow said, her speech slowing and she ended with a whimper.

"I'm almost afraid to ask," Tara whispered.

Willow was having an internal debate of what to tell Tara. She herself was still in shock, not having fully absorbed the news of Tara's shooting. And now a very much alive version was sitting on her couch. When she spoke her voice was trembling and she had difficulty getting the words out.

"You were shot. There was a bank robbery and you were walking past and one of the bullets, god. It was so senseless."

Tara's heart skipped a couple of beats when she heard Willow's words and she felt weak, she was glad she was sitting, otherwise she was certain her legs would have buckled under the shock.

"S-s-shot?" she echoed.

"Straight through your heart. You didn't make it," Willow sobbed.

Oh my god.

Tears were streaming uncontrollably down Willow's face now, it was the first she allowed her emotions to wash over her, her sobs and cries shivering through her frail frame.

Tara was also weeping, and she melted when she saw how distressed the redhead was. Instinctively she reached out and enveloped the smaller girl in her arms, holding her tight.

Minutes passed. Time stopped. The only sounds were of cries, from whom? It did not matter, the sounds punctuated the stillness of Willow's living room. Both girls reeling from the emotional bomb that mercilessly exploded within them.

"I'm making your sweater all damp," eventually Willow's tears subsided and she returned to some semblance of sanity.

"That's alright, I don't mind," Tara said softly, her hands starting to stroke Willow's back in comforting large circles. Willow reacted by leaning closer, almost forcing Tara to lean back further into the couch.

"I guess you got my note, huh," Willow said, after a while, finally what Tara said earlier had sunk in.

"I was just about to head out and after my last letter I didn't expect anything, but it was a habit ..." Tara said.

"I have to say this, I thank the gods and goddesses for your force of habit," Willow rejoiced. Then she looked up and their eyes met. She could see the sparks behind the deep blue flare up and felt the same sparks tingling across her skin.

She shifted up further, her body sliding up Tara's, their faces pulling closer.

Tara moved her head a little lower, approaching Willow's. Then for a fraction of a second, she hesitated.

But Willow was already there and their lips met in a slow, soft caress.

There was still a lot to talk about, but for now, it was time for another sort of bond to form.

------

quiet thoughts

Post subject: Re: Common Areas - Part 16
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:13 am 
Yay, Tara is alright and w/t are finally together!!! :bounce :bounce

Again an amazing update, and I've got to say, you got me completely hooked on this story. :bow :bow :bow

Jes :bounce

"I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, keep me here."

"I'm not antisocial, society is anti me."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:21 am 
On the thoughts of reality change...

Quote:
All the external things, I honestly haven't thought that clearly about. I just want to concentrate on W/T.

Oh, cool, although concentrating on W/T...where do you think you are? A board specifically made to express the love of Tara and Willow or something? :P

I liked the update...anytime the stopage of a crying Willow occurs I feel better. I thought Tara took the big 'you were dead recently' quite well considering. Always a delight to see an update for you.

~Cyd

I am the water to meet your sandy side

I am the water to wash the dirt aside

~TJF

Altered Shadows

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:36 am 
OMG that was brilliant! :D Tara's there... :aww and she's all with the being alive.... I love the hug Willow gives her...She couldn't resist... :eyebrow that was sooooo sweet. and then at the end....with the kiss... I hope the next update is going to pick up right there... :eyebrow

Loved it watson...

xoxo

Emms

I can wax philisophically on a variety of different subjects...that doesn't,however, mean that I have anything constructive to add to the conversation.

--- Me

Post subject: Yay!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:01 pm 
:thud

That was beautiful... My heart just melted when they finally came together and hugged for the first time. Im so relieved!!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou for this update!!!!

Your work is amazing :bow :bow

Keep it coming! :party

Post subject: WOW WOW
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:23 pm 
Double Wow. I don't know how they both held it together as well as they did. That was definitely an emotional bomb. What a perfect way to phrase it. Willow finally let it out and I'm so glad she had Tara hugs to settle her down. That was so amazing, I almost feel guilty for what I was thinking when Willow said she got Tara's sweater all wet, but sometimes I can't help where my mind wanders.

So Tara is from now, but I'm still anxious to hear how it all happened. Glad she still had the habit of checking the box.

And bonding...is a good thing.

Thanks for another incredible update!

Pam

Post subject: :)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:12 pm 
Yeah yeah yeah yeah! So happy that you updated and that they are finally together! I wonder how much Willow's note changed the chain of events in both of their lives. What it would be like, waking up and finding out your true love is dead and a few hours later seeing that she is very much alive. Wow. Can't wait until the next update! Cheers :peace

Edited by: serendipitous at: 3/2/05 9:58 pm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 2:12 pm 
Well done! The last line was beautiful. Bonding indeed. :blush I can't believe they're finally in the same room together. Great update!

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:19 pm 
I've been reading this story since I saw a reccomendation for in one of JustSkipIt's stories. It's a very good idea for a story, and very well written.

The last few parts have been rather tense but it's good that Willow was able to get the warning back to Tara, and that Tara's large with the non-deadness.

looking forward to :read more

--

Homer Simpson: When will people learn, democracy just doesn't work.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:30 pm 
Thank goodness for Willow's utter determination! :applause :applause :applause

This is an amazing first face-to-face meeting of W/T :heart :heart , and I know Tara will always be grateful to Willow for saving her life.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

Post subject: re:last
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 1:07 am 
You're not meanie anymore. :)

Loooooooove this chapter :bow at last they meet for real :love

And what a meeting. The surpressed feelings surface with such force :wtkiss wooohohhooouuu :bounce

Fantastic, Don't make us wait too long for more ;)

Post subject: Re: re:last
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:20 pm 
WOOO an update and a darn good one at that :bow :cool :banana :luv :love GREATTT job cant wait to find out what else can happen :-)

Post subject: Re: re:last
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:42 pm 
*Puffing lazily on my oxygen tank whilst unwinding with my massage*

Ahhhh...

Now that's more like it! Heehee, thank you for the spoilin' (not that I really deserve it but hell if I'm gonna knock it back) and double thank you for the awaited update! Tara is so beautiful. I'm dying to know what she's been up to in her second chance at life. Not that she had any idea that's what she was living but still! And Willow is so cute with the hugging and the belated realisation that it's probably a bit intimate for a first-time-meeting, hehe. Bet Tara was thrilled :luv

Bring on more updatey goodness, I say!

*Taking a loooooooooong puff on the tank and laying back in wait*

:wink Michaela

"No dancing naked, huh? Sigh. It just won't be the same." - Willow

"That's all right, we can save it for later." - Tara

(Wilderness Part 1 by Amber Benson & Christopher Golden)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:29 am 
Wonderfully done! I really like this part and of course it had to happen. But I'm still stuck on the whole quantum questions. Like could Tara have shown up yesterday and if so would Willow still have gone to the gallery and it not, would that have made Tara die which means she wouldn't be there yesterday and Willow would go... (like the Shampoo bottle says, repeat). And have the two of them been writing to Tara for three years? And did they tell her to come the afternoon of this day (May 7?)? Or did she come now because until Willow dropped the note in the box she didn't exist in the now? All very confusing.

Can't wait to find out more. Wonderful kiss!

"Most editors are failed writers--but so are most writers." - Thomas Stearns Eliot

"Censorship, like charity, should begin at home; but unlike charity, it should end there." - Chare Booth Luce

My latest story: Survivor - Ash Island

Post subject: The Rest of Common Areas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:06 am 
Don't usually post mid-thread (and replies will be forthcoming, thank you so much to everyone who's reading), I found out in imdb that they're remaking Il Mare with Sandra Bullock (presumably in the "Willow" character), Keanu Reeves (the "Tara" character) and Jeremy Irons reported to be involved. I don't know how I feel about that (mostly it's irrationally, "don't touch my story", irrational cos it's not mine to claim), but it got me thinking.

If I were following the film, Part 16 would have been the end.

In the original film, Willow's character puts the note in the mailbox, collapses in exhaustion/desperation. The next scene starts with an establishing shot of the house by the sea (our basement apartment) and from a distance we see Tara's character walking up to the door and seeing Willow's character carrying a box of stuff, ready to move out -- remember the very first scene in the first chapter?

Willow's character says something like "who are you?" and Tara's character brings out the note and says "I have an incredible story to tell you."

And we fade to black.

One of the reasons I wrote Common Areas is that I wasn't satisfied with the ending like that. Don't get me wrong, I like those films where it just ends, and nothing happens. But not this one. What does it mean? The last 100 or so minutes that I've been watching didn't happen? Everything got erased by that one note? Willow's character never got to "meet" Tara, and never went through the falling in love process? Will they even fall in love now? What about Tara's feelings? They don't even touch, hug, kiss! It left me wanting a better ending, in fact I started having visions of Tara's character turning up at the mailbox right after Willow's character collapses and taking her in her (in the film Tara's character is a guy so it'll be his) arms.

I re-read Parts 17 and 18 (yes, they're done) and I'm not convinced I'm doing the story justice. But I'm at a stage where I've given everything I could, I can't re-write any further. My version of the ending has touches, hugs, kisses and smoochies (I'm as much a smut whore as the next kitten ...). But there's a whole chunk of exposition I feel I owe the readers that I simply didn't address.

My point, and I do have one, is that it may be better if I end it here. I dunno.

Sigh. Don't mind me. I'm just having a self-doubt moment.

------

quiet thoughts

Edited by: hidden watson at: 3/6/05 1:11 am

Post subject: Re: The Rest of Common Areas
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:47 am 
Don't doubt yourself. You can do it your own damn way! The kittens are here because we didn't like how something ended and so we came together to re-write it each in our own little way!

So if you don't like how the movie ended then please put up your changes. I know I wouldn't mind seeing you delve into it a bit more (especially if smoochies are coming). But in truth my opinion doesn't matter because it is what you want to do. I understand your situation though, when I often have to overcome the the want to cover every angle and overly explain things.

Either way we will be having no more self-doubting, okay!, because this fic is good, I like what you've done with it.

-wiccanbotanist

A sign seen in a botanist's front yard: "Please keep off the Bouteloua gracilis"

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:59 pm 
Watson-

I think wiccanbotanist said it perfectly with this (and I completely second that sentiment):
Quote:
Don't doubt yourself. You can do it your own damn way! The kittens are here because we didn't like how something ended and so we came together to re-write it each in our own little way!
I'd like to add that while I can't speak for others, I haven't seen the film this was based on, so I've read your story as an original work in its own right. Perhaps your doubt comes from comparing your fic too much to the movie, but frankly the ending to that sounds very unsatisfying to me. I likes the closure, dude. And having read your ending, I think you did a great job. There's only so much exposition you can really do when you're dealing with issues of cross-time dimensional rifts and the like (unless you have in fact created a time machine and have been holding out on us:p ). I think you need to give yourself more credit, and give the Kittens their smut, too :wink

:peace -Cam

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:14 pm 
First of all and quite frankly, I don't give a damn who is remaking the orginal film.

Secondly, if I don't get some W/T smut after 16 chapters, I will ban reading any more of your fiction.

Ok, I'm being harsh. I'm not really a hard ass. But come on Watson this is fiction , therefore, it's all made up. And I think you are doing a great job adapting this story to include our favorite girls. SO, Hollywood be damned, let them do their interpretation. I want to see how your interpretation pans out.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:21 pm 
OMG Watson! You can't stop NOW! *begging* Please say you'll continue? :aww Phooey on the other story and how it ended. You've definitely made this story your own and I want to see how you're going to end it. :aww OH pleeeeaase Phhhllleeeaaassseee........ :gnome

your devoted fan

xoxo

Emms

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:42 am 
First off let me just say... THIS STORY IS FRICKIN' AWESOME!!

*clears throat* Sorry, not sure what happened there. *clears throat again*

Now, usually I don't do the whole feedback thing (as you can probably tell by the amount of posts I have), but this story is one of my favourites, and I agree with the other kittens - Don't doubt yourself, it's a great re-write! And while I can't speak for all of the kittens (and I think I can safely say they really wouldn't want me too either!) I would love for you to keep writing because it's such a wonderful story. You have actually inspired me to want to watch this movie to see how much better your adaptation actually is (because c'mon, we all know it is/will be when I get off my lazy ass and watch it!).

Okay now about the story...

1) LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT... I think I have already said that though... oh well. :D

2) Willow's whole daydream about their first meeting... totally suckered me in!

3) You made me want to cry! That never happens! Feel proud! You deserve it!

4) You also have me thinking, questioning and wanting to know more about the time travel theories that are out there.

& 5) Umm... could we... maybe... get some... Willow/Tara snuggles... or, you know... maybe more... :blush

Well now, that was bracing and kinda overdone. My point can be summoned up quite simply as:

I love this story and would love for you to continue it. If you feel you should end it here, it's your decision as, after all, it's your story. Whatever you chose I'll still love it! Even though I am hanging out for some W/T lovin'! ;)

Okay, I'm done... :thud

Candybabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:07 am 
Just read this whole fic and OMG! It's amazing! I was a little confused(actually a lot confused) at the beginning, because I just couldn't figure out how you were going to get the girls to meet up when they were 3 years apart. And then there was sadness...and angst...and dead Tara...and now they're together!

Needless to say, I am both extremely happy about that, and still confused. But hopefully we'll get an explanation of what happened after some fun WT 'bonding'.

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:25 pm 
I have to jump on the 'please don't doubt yourself' train. You have done a fantastic job with this story (as well as your other fics on the board). If you choose to end it here, that is your perogative but please don't discount your capabilities. Creative people are their own worse critics ;)

I have not seen the movie, but I have thoroughly enjoyed your remake. And the ending you describe, is not how I would choose to remember this tale. And of course, I'm all for a little W/T lovin...

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:45 pm 
k this is the first time i've given feed back from this story and the only thing i can think of saying is wow, i loved the film but i also thought there should have been a better ending. but your fic is so much better not only does it have a way better ending but it has willow and tara in it, what more could you ask for. But seriously i agree with terra21 there needs to be some w/t smut :boot :wtkiss :banana . but other than that its great, good job :clap :bow .

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 9:32 pm 
Wow what a beautiful story. I just read the whole thing through. I was totally devestated when I read Tara was gone. I was so hoping that Willow would do something to save her. When I read the last update I had a huge grin on my face and fuzzy feeling all over. I can't wait till you update again. It's such a sweet loving story. It reminds me of that movie Somewhere in Time.

Christina

Post subject: Re: wow
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:24 pm 
I've enjoyed your story through the first 16 chapters and want to tell you -do not hesitate to bring out the last two chapters. You have given us a well written story and in spite of any misgivings you may have I am sure the other chapters you have written will be as good as these. Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:35 am 
I'm joining my voice to those urging you to complete your story. Though you have based it on the movie, it is your story, and you're not bound to do things the same way the filmmakers did. I agree with you that having it just end with the whole story being wiped away would be most unsatisfactory.

Not surprisingly, wiccanbotanist said it best,

Quote:
The kittens are here because we didn't like how something ended and so we came together to re-write it each in our own little way!

So, banish self-doubt and trust in your abilities. The readers do!

Russ

When we love and give it everything we've got, no matter what the consequences, we are doing what we were put here to do -- Geneen Roth

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 314 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next