The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Love Is (Finished, one part.)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:59 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Title-Love Is
Author-Taralover
Chapter 1/1
Disclaimer-I do not own Willow or Tara or anything to do with the Buffyverse, I am just a humble fanfiction writer and far from one of the best of those.
Summary-Willow tries to be better for Tara through magic but nearly gets trapped.
Rating-PG 13, if I made it higher this fic would be a horror story.
Feedback-yes please, I love feedback.

Willow carefully thumbed through a book of love spells, licking her lips as they were a bit dry.

Giles and Xander at least, most of all Xander, would say I’m making a bad mistake. And she loves me truly for who I am, so why do it? Because I want to make our love even more solid then it really is, because I’m insecure. I don’t want to control her, oh no. Ah, this one looks like it might work. It says that using it, one can become the perfect person that your lover desires. Over the next few hours Willow carefully prepared the spell by the book, taking care not to get anything wrong. Magic is like science, it’s very exact. Get it wrong and at best, nothing will happen, at worst you’ll cast something else with random and perhaps deadly effect. At last, it’s ready. Just in time.

Tara came home and Willow embraced and kissed her tenderly on her lips. “How was your day, sweetheart?”

“Very boring. I had to do an English exam with old Snyder as the invigilator. I so missed being with you.”

As she turned away Willow spoke the last word of the spell under her breath, the keyword that set it all off, and at once she could hear Tara’s thoughts as if she were speaking them aloud.

Willow’s lips are dry, she needs some chapstick

Willow heard her own voice ask "Tara, do you have some chapstick?" Tara smiled and passed her a tube.

Why did I ask her that? I don't wear chapstick, it's icky...No…I don’t want to do it…yuck, I want to wipe it but I can’t.

She was unable to stop herself from smoothing chapstick onto her lips.

“I’ve got a video that I know we’ll like, would you like to see it with me?”

Willow grinned. “Yes please.” She heard Tara’s thoughts in her head again.

I hope she isn’t going to talk all the way through it, although I know she probably will.

At once Willow found herself unable to make a sound no matter how hard she tried. After a few minutes Tara looked at her. “Is something wrong, honey?” She looked into Willow’s eyes closely and spoke a single word and Willow found herself free to speak again.

“Thank you Tara, thank you so much. I cast a love spell on myself in the hope that it would make me more attractive to you and it went wrong and…” Tara stilled Willow’s babbling with a long soft warm kiss and then pulled away and gazed into Willow’s green eyes. “I suspected something was wrong when you managed to keep quiet during the movie. You always babble during movies, even when it gets you into trouble. Remember when that man pulled a knife on you after we went to the cinema and demanded money because you talked too much and ruined the film for him?”

Willow nodded. “It’s a good thing I had the spell of the Visceral Pang all ready to cast. He was soon on his knees throwing up into a rubbish bin. He stomach must have felt like it wanted to leave his body. He won’t bother a witch again.”

“That was a bit unkind, sweetie. Tonight you ensnared yourself with your own magic. If I had not been a skilled witch myself, I might have not known anything was wrong. Had I been evil I could have left the spell in place and you would have been my ensorcelled slave. But I love you totally for who you are, and you don’t need any spells to ensure that. I want you to promise me, sweetie, that you won’t cast any spells on me or yourself except healing spells. Magic can cause serious problems if it gets out of control. Love is at it’s best without magic trying to help it along.”

Willow nodded. “I promise.” And they settled down to watch their movie, with Tara kissing Willow when she babbled to shut her up.

Post subject: Re: Love Is (Finished, one part.)
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:31 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

Post subject: Re: Love Is (Finished, one part.)
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:17 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love the concept of Willow casting a spell on herself to try to improve her and Tara's relationship. It's like the forget spell in S6, except it shows more what Willow was trying to do with both spells; just make things better. I think you could've done more with the idea and ended up with a longer fic, but this is really great as it is too. Nice work.