The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: thanks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:25 pm 
:applause yay

:eatme I loved it! :banana It was great I think Im falling in love with Sam!!:bow I really enjoyed reading it.

:wave ME WANT MORE!! :wave

I Love

Alyson Hannigan and

Amber Benson

Post subject: re:update...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:01 pm 
finally read the new chapter, it was great! glad spike has entered story, and am very gglad Sam has magic...yay for magicks!

this story is muy bien, update soon s'il-te-plait!

Post subject: Re: re:update...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:17 pm 
Just reread this story and realized what a good piece of work I had been missing. Please update, now that I have found this again I will be checking often. Thanks. Traveler

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:48 am 
Hi, I've just read this..and I remembered I read it a while ago and didn't leave feedback..so I'm sorry..hehe..but this is really amazing..I love sam- she sounds so sweet and jack..awwww bless him. Can't wait to read more. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:34 am 
Hey there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to say...I SOOOO LOVE THIS FIC !!!!!!!!!!

The surroundings...perfect, the whole family...hilarious, the plot...YESSSSSS

Plese don´t keep us waiting to long again......PLEASE

Post subject: Re: Time Goes On
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 10:39 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

Rating - NC-17 just to be safe

Disclaimer - I don't own Mutant Enemy or any of its characters. I'm just borrowing them for this story. Please don't sue me.

Feedback- This is my first story, so please let me know what you think.

Summary- Bad things still happen in Sunnydale. Everyone is older and there are a few new players. Enjoy.

Notes- Set about 20 years after Season Six. Everything happened the same except Tara lived (obviously) after being shot. Not that much Willow and Tara in the beginnning, but that will change as the story progresses.

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back to this. Real life sucks. Anyway, here's the next installment. Hope you like.

“Hullo luv,” Spike said as he leaned against a tree and lit up a cigarette. He glanced at Sam and then back to Buffy. “Heard the witches’ girl was good. Didn’t hear anything ‘bout magick though.”

Buffy stood in shock. It had been fifteen years since she had seen the blonde vampire. Spike had left soon after getting his soul, declaring that he needed to ‘find’ himself. The two had parted on amiable terms and Buffy had seen him a few times after that his initial departure, but she hadn’t heard a peep out of the platinum blonde for fifteen years. Buffy rubbed her eyes and looked again to make sure she wasn’t seeing things. Spike was still there, leaning against the tree, smoking a cigarette, and acting as if it was the most natural thing in the world for him to be there.

“Why are you here?” Buffy asked, still not believing her eyes.

“Heard the evil bitch was back. Thought you might could use an extra pair of hands,” Spike replied.

“Why now? We could have used a hand dozens of times. What do you want Spike?” Buffy questioned, not quite ready to let go of the resentment she felt from his leaving so many years ago.

“I want to help,” Spike answered simply. He took a long drag on his cigarette and then flicked it onto the ground. “And I wasn’t ready earlier. Now I am.”

Buffy gave Spike the once over. She had been keeping tabs on him through Angel, and knew he was on the up and up. She sighed, shouldered her sword, and stared up into the night sky. “As if things weren’t complicated enough,” she mumbled.

“Um, Buffy?” Sam began. She had been standing quietly as the exchange took place. She had heard of Spike, but was still sketchy on a lot of the details.

Buffy looked back at Sam. “Oh, sorry. Sam, this is Spike. Um, long story short, he’s a vampire, but he’s not evil because he got his soul back. ” Buffy faced Spike. “Spike, this is Willow and Tara’s daughter, Sam. She’s the new Slayer, but you apparently already knew that. Don’t piss her off, or she’ll stake your ass. Or possibly burn it.” Buffy finished and looked back at Sam. “Which reminds me, what the hell was that?”

“Just thought I’d try something,” Sam said as she shrugged.

“Do your parents know you can do that?” Buffy asked.

“Um, that particular spell, probably not, but spells in general, yes. Hello, daughter of witches here,” Sam said, pointing to herself. “You know I’ve grown up around magick. I just don’t use it that often. Especially since I inherited the Slayer powers. But after seeing that spell mom did, I wanted to try something,” Sam finished.

“Oh ho, Red’s working the big mojo again, huh.” Spike said as he pushed himself away from the tree and moved to stand beside Buffy. “I bet you all freaked out. Afraid she’d go all evil again,” he said with a smirk. Buffy glared at Spike. He knew by the look he was right. “People change Buffy,” he whispered. “Although sometimes others don’t believe it.”

“I know that Spike,” Buffy said defensively. She was well aware that the vampire wasn’t only talking about Willow. She looked at him again. There was something different about Spike. Something... gentler. “I know Spike,” she said again, softer this time. Spike smiled, nodded his head, and stepped back.

“Pleased to meet you, junior.” Spike said, extending his hand to Sam. Sam looked at him, a little surprised at the nickname, but none the less took his hand and shook it. Spike smiled and looked the young redhead up and down. “Strong, “ the vampire said as he felt Sam’s grip. “And looks to boot. Your mums did well,” he finished with a whistle.

“Um, thanks,” Sam said, smiling nervously.

“Spike, where are you staying?” Buffy inquired, noticing Sam’s nervousness.

“Around,” Spike answered.

“Okay, can you be a little vaguer?” Buffy asked, rolling her eyes. Spike simply smiled and lit up another cigarette. Buffy knew Spike was being difficult on purpose; some things never change. “Fine, you’re coming with us. I’ll figure out something after we drop Sam off,” Buffy said as she walked out of the cemetery. Sam looked at Spike, who bowed and gestured for her to go ahead of him.

“After you, junior,” the vampire said. Sam blushed and quickly followed after Buffy. Spike grinned to himself and was soon walking lazily behind the two Slayers. “It’s good to be home,” he thought.

The group said their goodbyes to the Harris clan and made their way to Tara and Willow’s house. Tara asked Dawn and James to stick around until Buffy and Sam returned from patrol. It was Giles turn to stay with the witches, so he made himself a cup of tea and settled in for the night. The group soon split up with Willow, Giles, and James sitting in the living room, discussing James’s novel. Giles and Willow were laughing at a story James was telling about a fan. Apparently his fan base was a bit eccentric. Dawn and Tara were in the kitchen, having a beer, and talking about this and that. Buffy and Sam came in through the kitchen door and caught up in what appeared to be a major discussion, but stopped when they saw Dawn and Tara.

“Hey guys,” Dawn said, tossing Buffy a beer. Buffy caught the drink and checked the label. She had actually become somewhat of a beer snob over the years and refused to drink anything she deemed tasteless. The beer passed the test, so Buffy opened the bottle and gulped it down. She handed the empty bottle back to her sister, who was staring at her, a bit concerned by her sister’s behavior. Sam picked up Tara’s beer and started to take a drink.

“Don’t even think about it,” Tara scolded, taking the beer away from her daughter. “What has gotten into you two tonight?”

“Guess that’d be me,” Spike said from the door. Dawn and Tara jumped at vampire’s voice.

“Holy crap! Spike!” Dawn squeaked.

“Niblet,” Spike said with a nod. “Bird,” he also said, acknowledging Tara and giving her the same head nod.

“Holy crap,” Dawn said again.

“I think we’ve already covered that Dawn,” Buffy said as she got herself another beer from the fridge. She tossed one to Spike who smiled and popped the top.

“Hey guys, what’s the…” Willow trailed off as she caught sight of the blonde vampire standing in the doorway. “Spike!” Two sets of footsteps could be heard from the living room, making their way to the kitchen. Giles and James stepped in beside Willow and then stopped in their tracks.

“What are you doing here Spike?” Giles demanded. He still did not trust the vampire, even though he had been assured by Angel that Spike was genuine in his turn around.

“Thought you could use a hand with Glory,” Spike said, leaning against the doorframe and taking a drink of his beer.

“I think we are doing just fine,” Giles hissed.

“Giles! He’s with me. If he wants to help, I’m not going to object,” Buffy informed her ex-Watcher. Giles scowled, but held his tongue. Spike smiled at the the old man and took another drink from his beer.

“You’re really here,” Dawn said, still not recovered from the shock of seeing the blonde vampire.

“Yeah, I am.” Spike reassured her.

“Holy crap,” the tall brunette muttered again.

“I think you broke Dawn,” Buffy said with a smile.

“What? Oh, no, it’s just… well, it has been what? Fifteen years or something? I was beginning to think that someone had finally dusted him,” Dawn replied, still not taking her eyes off the vampire. Spike gave Dawn his best grin and watched as her eyes lit up. James misread the look and pushed his way forward, thrusting one hand towards Spike for a shake, while the other found its way around Dawn’s waist. The message was clear.

“I’m James, Dawn’s husband.”

Spike raised an eyebrow and looked past the man in front of him to Dawn. She smiled and nodded and Spike’s gaze fell once again to the man standing before him. “Spike,” he said, taking the hand that was offered. The two men stood, hands clamped together, staring each other down. Finally, Spike broke into his classic grin.

“Right then. Husband. Nice to meet you. “

James, a bit thrown, relaxed his grip and let his other hand fall from Dawn’s waist. Spike pulled the man out the door, into an embrace, and whispered, “Nice set you have there. If you hurt her, I will kill you.” He finished with a pat on the back and released James. James looked at the vampire for a moment and then leaned in again.

“If you hurt Buffy again, I will be the one doing the killing. Got it?”

Spike grinned as James stepped back into the house. Dawn stepped forward and took James by the hand. She couldn’t hear what was being said, but she had a pretty good idea. “Down boy,” she whispered into James ear. James smiled and complied with his wife’s request. He didn’t let go of her hand though.

“Wow,” Buffy said as she walked over to Spike. “Testosterone much?” Spike merely grinned and finished off his beer. He tossed the empty bottle to Sam, who caught it, and immediately disposed of it. “I know, why don’t you two just pee on her leg and mark your territory while you’re at it.”

“Okay, ewww.” Dawn answered. “James, you don’t have to worry about Spike. He’s like a big brother.” James raised an eyebrow, indicating that he thought there was a little more than plutonic feelings there. “Okay, okay,” Dawn sighed, “I crushed on him when I was younger. But that’s over and done with. He was like the unattainable rock star, you know? Plus, he did my sister.”

“Dawn!” Buffy barked. Her voice was followed by a chorus of groans.

“What? It’s not like everyone didn’t already know,” Dawn surmised, looking around the room. Slowly, Sam raised her hand.

“I didn’t know,” she said weakly.

“Hey, speaking of things we didn’t know, did you two know that your daughter can flambé vamps?” Buffy questioned as she directed the conversation away from her.

Tara and Willow looked at each other and then at Sam. Sam smiled and shrugged. “I don’t know why everyone is acting so surprised. Like I told Buffy, daughter of witches here.”

“She has a point,” Spike said from his position in the doorway. “By the by, a little hospitality would be nice right about now,” Spike said as he gestured to the doorway.

“Oh, right,” Willow said glancing at the blonde vampire. “Spike, I invite you in.”

“Thanks Red,” Spike replied as he waltzed in and took a seat on a barstool near Sam. Sam smiled nervously and shifted in her seat. Buffy again noticed the slight change in Sam’s usually cool demeanor and mentally noted to ask her apprentice later what was making her so nervous around Spike.

“So, back to my question. When did you teach Sam to grill vampires?” Buffy asked, vaulting herself up onto the kitchen counter and taking a seat.

“Well, we didn’t exactly teach her that spell, but it doesn’t surprise me that she can do it,” Tara began. “We did raise her around magick, she just hasn’t been practicing for a while. Sam when was the last time you actively cast?”

“Um,” Sam began as she searched her memory for the last spell she had cast. “Probably three years ago with mom. We were working on levitation. I haven’t cast since then.”

“Why not?” Dawn asked.

“Well, I just lost interest. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I thought it was cool, but it wasn’t for me.” Sam finished with a shrug.

“And my guess is that’s when you started training with Buffy and spending time with her?” Giles questioned from the corner of the kitchen.

“Yes sir. How did you know?”

“Ah, well, your latent Slayer powers would have been, for a better explanation, trying to stretch their legs at that time. Your desire for physical recreation and activities would have been increasing around that period, as well as your unconscious desire to search out a mentor,” the Watcher nodded to Buff, who flashed him a dazzling smile. “Plus, there was the given that you were in the midst of adolescence and my guess is, as with any normal teenager, had an overwhelming drive to be, how shall I put this, away from your parents.”

Sam smiled sheepishly and glanced at her parents. To her surprise, neither one of them seemed hurt by Giles’ last bit of information.

“Sam, why did you cast tonight?” Tara asked her daughter. She already had a good idea of why, but she wanted to see if Sam realized herself.

“I don’t know. I mean, you and mom are incredible witches and I wanted to see what I could do. Especially after mom’s little display earlier.”

“I see,” Tara replied. She had a feeling that Sam would want to test her own magick abilities again after witnessing Willow’s spell earlier. Both she and Willow knew that Sam had incredible power that was waiting to be tapped. “And you simply thought ‘burn’ and that’s what the vampire did?”

“Not exactly. I said ‘incinerate’ and threw my power though my hand, like I was taught.”

“I want to try something,” Tara said as she looked at her daughter. She balled up a paper towel and placed it in the sink. “I want you to see if you can ignite the paper towel with saying anything out loud.

Sam looked at her mother skeptically and then closed her eyes. Within a second, the paper towel was burning in the sink. Sam opened her eyes to see everyone staring at her. Her eyes were no longer a crystal blue, but had taken on a golden glow around the iris. Spike glanced sideways at her and whistled.

“Remarkable,” Giles said quietly. His private assumption that Sam was incredibly powerful was indeed correct.

“How did you do that?” Buffy asked. She didn’t know the intimate details of how magick worked, but she did know that it usually took active chanting or speaking.

“I just thought about the paper towel burning, like mama told me to.” Sam blinked a couple of times and her eyes returned to normal.

Willow turned to Tara. “She can passively cast,” the redhead said quietly. Tara looked at her wife and nodded. “You knew?” Willow questioned.

“No, but I had a hunch.”

“What does passively cast mean?” James asked. He didn’t want to sound stupid, but he wanted to know what was so significant about what Sam had done.

“It means she can cast by merely thinking,” Giles answered. “She doesn’t need to actively speak an incantation or direct the flow of her power with her hands. It is quite a unique gift,” he finished.

“Only the Goddess herself can bestow the gift of passively casting,” Willow said, not taking her eyes off of Sam.

Sam laughed nervously and got up to get a drink. It was all a bit overwhelming for her. Sure, the Slayer thing she could deal with, but being dubbed Wicca Extraordinaire was a little unsettling for her. She knew all the laws of magick and Wicca as a religion, having been brought up in it, but this, this was too much. She looked pleadingly at Tara. To Sam’s surprise, it was Willow that came to her rescue.

“Okay everyone, we will figure out what exactly this means later. Right now, Sam has homework and Tara needs to get some work done before class tomorrow. So, I don’t mean to sound, you know, bitchy, but can you guys maybe, move things over to Buffy’s?”

“Sure thing, Wills,” Buffy said jumping down from the counter. She had also picked up on Sam’s silent plea for help. “Let’s head to my place. Giles, are you staying here tonight?”

“Um, yes, I think that is the plan. It can be amended if needs be however,” The elderly man said as he peered at Willow and Tara.

“No, you’re fine Giles,” Tara said quickly, trying to put the retired Watcher’s mind at ease.

“Very well. I shall be upstairs in the guest room if anyone needs me,” Giles said as he started to make his way out of the kitchen. Sam jumped up and caught him before he got through the door.

“Goodnight papa,” she said, wrapping the old man in a hug. Giles smiled at Sam’s term of endearment and hugged his granddaughter back, following the hug with a kiss on the head.

“Goodnight my precious Samantha,” he whispered back. Sam released her grandpa from the hug and he headed up to his room.

Buffy smiled as she watched her ex-Watcher leave the kitchen. Giles liked to convey an air of emotional indifference, but then there were moments like this when a glimpse of the real Giles could be seen. In her opinion, they were too few and far between.

“Okay guys, let’s head out,” Buffy said, making her way to the door. The others fell into place behind her. “Will, Tare, we’ll talk tomorrow.” The two witches nodded and Buffy looked at Sam. “Sam, you did well tonight. Meet me tomorrow after school and we’ll run through your training routine, okay?”

“Sure thing,” Sam said, relieved that Buffy was treating her like normal. Sam knew that game had changed, but wasn’t ready to deal with it at the moment.

“Okay. See you tomorrow. Bye guys,” the Slayer said as she made her way through the door. The others quickly said their good byes and followed suit.

Willow and Tara sat at the table, trying to get a handle on their daughter’s new found power. Sam stood propped against the fridge, staring off into space. All three women were deep in thought. Tara was the first to speak, breaking the silence that had settled on the kitchen.

“Sam, do you want to talk about this now, or wait until tomorrow?”

“Can we wait until tomorrow mama? I really just want to take a shower and then head to bed,” Sam replied, pushing herself away from the refrigerator and heading towards the stairs.

“No problem, sweetie. Give me a hug and then get upstairs,” Tara answered. Sam smiled and hugged her mama. “We’ll work this out,” the blonde whispered in her daughter’s ear. Sam nodded and then released Tara. She turned to Willow and gave her a good night hug also.

“Goodnight kiddo,” Willow said as Sam pulled back from the embrace. “Love the Sammy,” Willow said with a grin.

“Love the mommy,” Sam replied grinning back. She and Willow had come up with the “love the Sammy/love the mommy” thing when Sam was a child. Something about it always made Sam’s heart smile. She flashed her parents another smile and headed up the stairs.

Willow and Tara watched as their daughter made her way up the stairs. They both knew that Sam’s newly displayed power was going to have to be addressed, but it could wait. Tara rested her head on Willow’s shoulder and sighed.

“Whatcha thinking?” Willow asked her wife.

“Mmmm, just thinking I could use some ice cream right about now,” the blonde replied.

“That sounds perfect. Just the carton and two spoons?” Willow asked.

“You got it,” Tara answered. Willow smiled and got the ice cream and spoons. Tomorrow they would deal with their daughter, but right now, there was ice cream that needed to be dealt with.

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:24 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

wow... first one to reply... i'm honoured! :flirt

first of all :applause :applause :applause

i sooo love this fic and waited eagerly for an update! and it was worth the waiting... amazing update!!!

so sam's got a little crush on spikey??!! wow... it'll be interesting what willow and tara say to her daughter's love interest... he he! unfortunately this destroys my little imagination about sam falling in love with buffy... would've been an intersting mother/daughter conversation as well... :-D
but okay, we cannot have everything we want... :lol

anyway, sam's getting cooler with every update... know i repeat myself but u created a great character here!!!

keep it going... (and don't let us wait so long... again! lol... that's evil :-D )

-fab

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:35 am 
4. Extra Flamey

YAY! Update! I've been waiting for this for so long!!!!

I wonder how Sam's semi-omnipotent power will change the dynamics of the scoobies, and really of Sunnydale. I hope she can handle it.

More Willow-Tara goodness in the next update? Pretty please?

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:19 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

an update at long last! and an awesome one at that!

i really liked spike's return... and it was hilarious that he calls tara "bird". i mean, i know she's "red's bird" and all... but it just kind of cracked me up that he'd call her that directly. and he and james with their little pissing contest. super cute. you write a great spike. i hope he doesn't disappoint them.

and then there's sam. i think someone posted a comment earlier that they were falling for her. i am too (okay, okay, i'm too old for her). but she's just so spunky and fun. seriously the best of willow and tara (with a little funny buffy slayer humor thrown in). let's just hope she doesn't get all wacky with the magicks though. addicition is hereditary afterall.

so the gang is all back in town now, but where's our favorite one-eyed chicklet? i'm getting worried.

brandy

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:56 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Wonderful update. Slayer,witch and adorable, Sam is a great character. The way you wrote Spike he also seems to have matured over time-he comes across as mellower. With Sam being nervous around Spike and Buffy's past history there appears to the possibility of a little angst resulting from a potential three way interaction. Of course Glory is waiting in the wings to add her own brand of mayhem. I'll be looking out for the next update. Traveler

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:00 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yay! I am so excited that you updated, this is such a great fic!

Wow, so Sam has some witchiness too huh? That must make her Super Slayer. Spike has come to help which is a good thing I think. And I see Giles still can't stand him. With all of these great warriors they ought to be able to kick some Glory butt! Great update!
-anna

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:56 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey Guys! First, sorry it took me soooo long to get an update. It's been crazy on my end between work, school, and personal stuff. Anyway, thanks so much for all your replies and support. It's gotten me through some tough times.

gogolover: Sam's easy to fall for:) Apparently, you're not the only one...

CrazyTaraWitch: yep. Sam's magical and Spike's....Spike

Traveler4069: Spike has mellowed over the years. Having a soul does that I guess. We'll just have to wait and see what happens between Sam, Buffy, and Spike... Thanks for your compliments.

Sam darls: Jack....awwww. Yep, just like his dad... poor guy

fabouly: Yep, sam's crushing on Spike. Hehehe. Soon, she might be giggling like a little girl....who knows? I'm glad that you like Sam. How xan she not be cool? Look who her parents are:) And yes, can you imagine the conversation between her and the 'rents about Spike...

watersong84: Sam's power is definately going to change things. Willow-Tara goodness is on the way!

kisstheviolets: Ah, another Sam admirer. YAY!!! She's definately a fun character. Spike has a lot to make up for, so I don't think he'll disappoint.

irishgrl3: Sam the Super Slayer. That's a lot of S'ssss. Glory may be in for a world of hurt with everyone around. Thanks a bunch for your comments!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 8:58 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey Guys! First, sorry it took me soooo long to get an update. It's been crazy on my end between work, school, and personal stuff. Anyway, thanks so much for all your replies and support. It's gotten me through some tough times.

gogolover: Sam's easy to fall for:) Apparently, you're not the only one...

CrazyTaraWitch: yep. Sam's magical and Spike's....Spike

Traveler4069: Spike has mellowed over the years. Having a soul does that I guess. We'll just have to wait and see what happens between Sam, Buffy, and Spike... Thanks for your compliments.

Sam darls: Jack....awwww. Yep, just like his dad... poor guy

fabouly: Yep, sam's crushing on Spike. Hehehe. Soon, she might be giggling like a little girl....who knows? I'm glad that you like Sam. How xan she not be cool? Look who her parents are:) And yes, can you imagine the conversation between her and the 'rents about Spike...

watersong84: Sam's power is definately going to change things. Willow-Tara goodness is on the way!

kisstheviolets: Ah, another Sam admirer. YAY!!! She's definately a fun character. Spike has a lot to make up for, so I don't think he'll disappoint.

irishgrl3: Sam the Super Slayer. That's a lot of S'ssss. Glory may be in for a world of hurt with everyone around. Thanks a bunch for your comments!

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 9:02 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

Disclaimer - I don't own Mutant Enemy or any of its characters. I'm just borrowing them for this story. Please don't sue me.

Summary- Bad things still happen in Sunnydale. Everyone is older and there are a few new players. Enjoy.

Notes- Set about 20 years after Season Six. Everything happened the same except Tara lived (obviously) after being shot. Not that much Willow and Tara in the beginnning, but that will change as the story progresses.

Here's the next update. Let me know what you think!

“So this is it, right? This is the one?” Glory asked as she eyed the dagger.

“Yes, Your Benevolence. This is the Dagger of Tantalus. It is the last thing we need for the ritual. We can begin preparations and in two weeks, you can take your rightful place in Hell, O Great One,” Dirk said, bowing before Glory.

Glory picked up the wicked looking dagger and brought it to her nose. She inhaled deeply and smiled. The hell god could smell the power the knife contained. She turned the dagger from side to side, watching the light glint off the polished blade. Slowly, she brought it to her lips and ran her tongue across the flat side of the blade. She could taste the blood of the victims it had been used on. Glory was pleased to realize that she was getting a slight buzz from magick contained in the weapon. She looked over at Dirk, who was wringing his hands nervously, hoping that he had pleased the hell god and silently praying he wouldn’t end up with a broken appendage.

“This is gonna be good,” Glory said, grinning manically. “You out did yourself this time Dirky.” Dirk smiled and bowed at the recognition Glory had given him. “Get everything ready. I’m gonna have some fun over the next two weeks.” Glory said as she looked out the window, into the night. “You think the last time was bad Slayer, just wait,” the short brunette said to no one in particular.

Spike groaned and pulled the pillow over his head as he rolled over on the couch. One thing was for certain, Dawn had definitely grown up and apparently she did have a bit of the Slayer stamina in her. “Bloody hell,” Spike mumbled as another moan escaped the bedroom Dawn and James were occupying. Spike heard a door open and shut and hoped the sexcapades were finally over. Seconds later, he felt a tap on the shoulder. Removing the pillow from his head, he saw Buffy crouched beside him.

“Wanna get out of here?” she whispered.

“God yes,” Spike hissed. He grabbed his shirt from the back of the couch and pulled it over his head. Quickly, the vampire slipped on his boots and he and Buffy headed out the door, closing it softly behind them.

“You’d think those two were making a porno,” Buffy remarked, once she and Spike were outside.

Spike shook his head in agreement. “Makes sense though. You know, Summers’ women-“

“For the love of God, please don’t finish that sentence Spike,” Buffy said, reaching out and covering the vampire’s mouth with her hand. Spike merely shrugged and Buffy removed her hand. The two began walking down the street, away from the apartment.

“So, now what?” Spike asked, lighting up a cigarette.

Buffy stopped for a minute and thought. “I am kinda hungry. Denny’s?” She asked.

“Do they still have those little silver dollar pancakes? You know, the small ones.” Spike said, a little too excited. Buffy turned and gave the vampire a look of disbelief. “What?” Spike asked defensively. “I like ‘em, tha’s all. They’re all tiny,” Spike continued, making gestures with his hands to show the size of the tiny pancakes. Buffy arched an eyebrow and crossed her arms, waiting for the vampire to finish. “Oh, shut up Slayer,” Spike huffed as he walked past Buffy. Buffy smirked and followed the vampire into the night.

Sam stared at the clock on the wall, silently praying for the last 15 minutes of class to hurry up. She wanted to get to the Magic Shop and work out with Buffy. She had been antsy all day and wanted to burn off some energy. Jack tapped Sam on the shoulder, causing her to jump.

“Wow, what’s with you today?” Jack asked. He had noticed that Sam was acting a little weird at lunch. She was quiet, which was strange for the redhead.

“Sorry. Just got a lot on my mind. You know how it goes,” she replied.

“Actually, I don’t. That’s why I’m asking,” Jack answered. He was really beginning to worry about his best friend.

Sam turned and looked at Jack. She could see the concern play across his face. “Just Slayer stuff. Don’t worry about it. Are you going to the Magic Box after school?”

“Yeah, mom wants me to move some boxes around or something. You know me, slave labor,” Jack finished with a grin. “You headed that way too?”

“Yeah, I’m working out with Buffy.”

“Mmmm. Sweaty Slayer with weapons. Can I watch?” Jack asked cheekily, rubbing his hands together. Sam smacked the young man on the arm.

“Eeewww Jack. Buffy’s old enough to be your mom. When are you going to get that through your thick skull?”

“Well, you know…” Jack finished lamely. Actually, Buffy wasn’t the Slayer he was picturing. He zoned out momentarily as he thought about Sam sparring with Buffy. Red hair pulled into a pony tail…chest heaving up and down as she panted from the strenuous workout…sweat running down her slim neck to her heaving chest, where it disappeared into the valley between her ample breasts, held tight by a sports bra…

“Jack, you’re drooling again,” Sam said as she reached out and wiped the corner of his mouth with her thumb. Jack snapped back to reality.

“Um, uh, I have to go to the bathroom,” Jack mumbled and quickly ran out of class for the restroom. Sam shook her head and smiled at her friend. She couldn’t fault him for falling for Buffy. Nothing wrong with fantasizing about an older woman… or vampire in her case, as an image of a certain bleach blonde vampire floated across her mind.

Tara sat contentedly at her desk and thought about her afternoon. She had gone to the house on her lunch break to pick up a book she needed for a paper, and Willow had jumped her as soon as she walked through the door. The redhead’s arousal was evident in her emerald green eyes. Tara felt herself grow instantly wet as Willow shoved her against the front door and assaulted the blonde with hungry kisses.

“Mmmm…” Willow groaned into her lover’s mouth. She pulled back for a second to give the blonde a lustful look, and then dove back in for more tongue action. Tara moaned in approval. She felt Willow reach down and pull up her skirt. The sound of her underwear ripping dimly registered in the back of the blonde’s mind as the eager redhead made her way to the prize.

Willow paused short of her goal. “Ready?” she asked, making sure Tara really wanted what she was about to get.

“Fuck me, Willow,” Tara demanded with a wild look in her eyes.

Willow grinned predatorily and pulled Tara away from the door and pushed her over the end table that resided beside the door. She yanked Tara’s skirt up once again and plunged three fingers into her wife’s sopping core, entering her from behind. Tara screamed as Willow’s fingers thrust in and out. Willow smacked Tara’s ass she fucked her. She felt Tara’s inner muscles tighten as she drove her closer to the edge.

“Oooohhh ffuuuuuuuck!!!!!” Tara screamed as she climaxed. Willow sped up the pace and plunged deeper, hoping to prolong her wife’s pleasure. Plus, being inside Tara just felt damn good.

Finally, Willow felt Tara’s muscles begin to relax. With a final slap to the blonde’s ass, Willow pulled out. She stepped back from her wife and watched her as she tried to regain her senses. Willow grinned again, pleased with herself and what she had done.

Tara pushed up off the table and turned to face Willow. She noticed her torn underwear lying in the floor beside the door. “You owe me a new pair of panties, Ms. Rosenberg.”

Willow shrugged. “Those were already ruined when I got to them, Dr. Maclay.” The redhead motioned to the kitchen. “Lunch?”

Tara smiled at how Willow acted like nothing out of the ordinary had just happened. ‘Well, I guess that’s not that out of the ordinary,’ Tara thought to herself. “Lunch would be wonderful sweetie,” she answered and kissed Willow on the cheek. The two walked to the kitchen hand in hand. Tara made a mental note of leaving things at home more often.

Jack and Sam were in deep conversation as they walked to the Magic Box.

“So, you just broke up with him? That’s a bit out of left field, don’t you think? I thought you really liked Erik. Like ‘liked, liked’” Jack said, a bit shocked by Sam’s latest news.

“I do. I mean, he’s a great guy, but I don’t think he’s the one for me, you know? Besides, I can’t spend the time with him he deserves. I haven’t even thought of him since this whole Glory thing started. I’m sure he’ll make some girl really happy,” Sam finished.

“How’d he take it?” Jack asked, actually feeling sorry for Erik. He knew that Erik was really into Sam. On the flip side, Sam was single now - bonus for him.

“Better than I expected. He said he understood and that he’d always be there if I needed him,” Sam said, sighing. She felt bad for not feeling the same way Erik felt about her, but she couldn’t force feelings she didn’t have. It wouldn’t be fair to either of them.

“Wow. I still can’t believe it,” Jack said.

“Yeah, well…” Sam’s voice trailed off as she saw the figure standing in front of her. “Jack, get behind me now!” she whispered. Jack followed Sam’s eyes to the woman standing before them, who was nonchalantly staring at her polished nails.

“Hey girlie! Long time no see,” Glory said, as if she were talking to an old friend. She started walking toward the pair and Sam took a defensive stance between her and Jack. “Oohh, is this the beau? Thought you would have had different taste, but hey, I’m not judging.”

“Back off Glory,” Sam hissed.

“Well now, that’s just not nice. What would your parents say?” Glory said mockingly as she circled the two teenagers.

“Probably something like-“

“You’re the skank ass ho!” Jack suddenly announced, pointing at Glory. Both Glory and Sam looked turned to look at the suddenly vocal young man. Sam wore a look of pure horror, while Glory’s face conveyed a look of pure loathing.

“Manners!” Glory yelled as she struck Jack in the mouth and simultaneously grabbed his wrist and twisted. There was a sickening snap as Jack’s wrist broke under the pressure the hell god had subjected it to. Jack grimaced under the pain, but was determined not to cry out and give the hell god any pleasure. He spit blood onto the pavement and defiantly looked at Glory.

“I stand by my previous statement,” Jack stated weakly, cradling his wrist.

Glory’s assault on Jack happened faster than Sam thought possible. One second, the crazy woman was standing in front of her and the next, Jack was bleeding and had a broken wrist. And did he just call the insane lady a skank ass ho again???

“Not the sharpest knife in the drawer is he, honey?” Glory asked, shaking her head. “But I can see why you like him. All chivalrous and stuff. Such an endearing human trait. Think he’ll still be able to please you when I tear his tongue out?” Glory said, reaching for Jack.

Sam fists were connecting with Glory’s face even before her mind was conscious of it. The hell god stumbled back, but quickly regained her footing. She caught Sam’s fist, twisted her arm behind her, and quickly gave the young Slayer two blows to the kidneys. Sam fell to her knees and Glory grabbed her by the hair and violently introduced the teenager’s face to her knee. Sam could feel her cheek bone break and the brief thought of a black eye crossed her mind, but quickly passed as Glory continued her assault. Sam curled into the fetal position as the hell god continued to rain blows against her body. Suddenly, a thought in the back of her mind pushed its way forward. She held out her hand and whispered, “Protect.” A shield appeared between her beaten body and Glory. Sam laughed internally as she thought about how hard it was going to be to break the habit of actively casting. The redhead smiled weakly at the furious brunette who now couldn’t touch her and pushed herself up.

“This isn’t over you little bitch! You hear me! This isn’t over!” Glory screeched as she turned and disappeared.

“So that was the skank ass ho, huh?” Jack said as he made his way over to Sam and knelt beside her.

“In all her skanky glory,” Sam said and then slipped into darkness.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:07 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

And so the pace quickens. Thanks for the update. Willow and Tara as loving as ever. Glory as nasty as can be and Sam totally clueless as to Jack's feelings. Buffy and Spike neither kisses or staking, be interested to see where that goes. Thanks until next update. Traveler

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 11:10 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Hey Rogue

I've been keeping up with Time and it's a great story. I apologies for not leaving feedback sooner but I was a bit of a lurker, you know, and I'm trying to fix that, so here goes...

I love the pace that you've set here, it's moves along quickly in places it needs to and it slows down to give details to the important stuff.

I'm also liking all the characters that have popped up. The regulars are still great and I'm really getting into the new ones as well. I like how you've written Buffy, she's the caring best friend from earlier on, the way she should've been all throughout the show but wasn't really. I'm also liking Sam; she has W&T characteristics and shes also a bit like Buffy. Her crush on Spike brought a smile to my face... yup just like her mentor.

It's nice to see W/T still lusting after eachother after all these years.

Like Traveler, I'm also interested in how the whole B/S thing will end up.

I can't wait until the next update! Keep up the great work!

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:15 am 
4. Extra Flamey

NOOOO!! Glory BAD! We hate Glory!

But then again, she does tend to make things interesting...

At first, I was a bit wierded out that Sam had a crush on Spike, because I was like, he's 20 years older now, and then I realized that he would actually be... well, exactly the same. It's wierd how that works. It's easy not to notice the fact that he doesn't age during the series (partly because James Marsters actually DID age), but you expect characters to actually get older over 20 years. Ah well. It's just hard to wrap my head around the fact that IF (and I realize that it's a big IF) Sam and Spike got together, Buffy would be 40 and Sam would be with a Spike who, for all intensive purposes, is the same age as he was when Buffy was with him, and Sam is a lot younger than Buffy. It makes my brain go all AAHH! I mean, what if Spike just hung around all the slayers for all eterninty and got with them all when they were around 20? That would be really... odd. It's an interesting way to imagine eternity.

Yay Willow/Tara goodness! I hope Tara follows her own advice and leaves stuff at home more often. :-D

"I'm gonna do my best swan dive into shark-infested waters/ I'm gonna pull out my tampon and start splashing around/ 'Cause I don't care if they eat me alive/ I've got better things to do than survive/ I've got a memory of your warm skin in my hands/ And I've got a vision of blue sky and dry land" - Ani Difranco

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 2:08 am 
4. Extra Flamey

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce
Another wonderful update !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so many things in motion...
And Glory on her way to extinction....
Does anybody know any recipes for "Hell God" ????
"Hell God roast"
"Hell God flambé"
"Hell God chunks"
"Hell God on toast"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:17 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

OKay, guys. I know it's been a while...a very long while, but here's the next installment. hope you like it.

Title -Time Goes On

Author - Rogue2727

“Oh my God, Jack! What happened?” Anya yelled as her son stumbled through the Magic Box door, carrying an unconscious Sam.

“Glory,” Jack replied as he made his way through the store. Buffy stuck her head out from the back to see what Anya was yelling about. Seeing the beaten boy standing in the door cradling an unconscious Sam made her heart stop momentarily. Memories of Xander holding Faith’s broken body flashed unbidden through the blonde’s mind. Buffy shook her head, trying to force back the horrible memories of that night as she took the junior Slayer from Jack’s arms.

“I’ve got her. Let’s take her to the back. What happened?” Buffy asked, not aware that Anya had asked the same thing.

“Glory jumped us,” came the young man’s reply. Now that Sam was safe, Jack collapsed into the floor, feeling the weight of his injuries. Anya immediately fell to his side, assessing his injuries. She ran her hand over her son’s face, searching for broken bones.

“Busted lip… no facial bones damaged…” she mumbled more to herself than anyone else. She did a quick scan of the rest of Jack’s body and noticed his wrist. She reached out to touch it and Jack immediately winced in pain. “Broken wrist…” Anya continued her probe until she was satisfied she hadn’t missed anything. “Did she hit you anywhere else?” She finally asked her son.

“No. Sam stopped her before she could,” Jack answered. “Is she alright?” he asked, looking over at his best friend, who was still unconscious. Buffy looked at Jack, and then glanced uncertainly at Anya. The ex-demon, who had knelt in the floor next to her son, pulled the young man to her, and whispered words of encouragement in his ear as she stroked his hair. She stared at Buffy and prayed that the Slayer wouldn’t snap.

“Sam,” Buffy whispered into the young girl’s ear. “Sam, I need you to wake up. I know it’s hard, but I need you to wake up now.” Buffy’s voice cracked as she spoke to her apprentice. “Come on Sam, wake up. I need to know what happened.” Buffy gingerly moved a few stray hairs out of Sam’s face as she spoke. An angry, purple bruise marred the young Slayer’s face, and Buffy felt her heart break as she gently ran her finger across it. “Oh, my God,” Buffy thought, “She’s just like Faith.” Again, unwanted images of Faith flashed though Buffy’s mind. Faith had been beaten almost beyond recognition. Flashes of the dark Slayer’s trademark grin ran through Buffy’s mind as she looked at her sister Slayer’s body in Xander’s arms. “We were the Chosen Two,” she thought as she had brushed back Faith’s hair and kissed her gently on the forehead. “It was always you, Faith. It was always you,” She had whispered to her fallen comrade.

“Please God, please don’t let this happen again.” The Slayer begged in her mind, as she looked at the young redhead in her arms.

“Please Sam, you have to come back. I can’t lose you too.” Tears began to fall as the elder Slayer spoke. “Not like this.”

“Not lost, right here,” Sam wheezed out. Buffy froze, not trusting what she had heard. Only when Sam shifted in her arms did Buffy dare believe her ears. Immediately, the Slayer went into hug mode, forgetting Sam’s injuries. Sam’s grunt of pain quickly reminded the blonde and she immediately let go.

“Sam! I’m sorry. It’s just… I thought you might… Faith… what happened?” Buffy managed to stammer, as she wiped the tears from her eyes.

Sam sat up slowly, judging her movement carefully. The last thing she wanted to do was pass out again. A dull throbbing in her face made her reach up and touch her cheek. Immediately the pain flared and triggered the memory of her face making the acquaintance of Glory’s knee. She looked up at her mentor and caught the look of grief and pain playing across her face. “Oh, Faith…” the redhead said quietly.

“Here, let me see,” Buffy said, quickly trying to push her feelings away. She gently lifted Sam’s head to get a better look at the injury. Sam stared at the ceiling as Buffy checked her face. “Follow my finger with you eyes,” Buffy instructed. Sam did as she was told, and followed Buffy’s finger up, down, and side to side. Satisfied with Sam’s reactions, Buffy put her finger down. She rocked back on her heels and looked intently at Sam.

“Well?” Sam questioned.

“Probably a cracked cheek bone. You’re definitely gonna have a nice shiner.”

“Yeah, I kina figured that when I was introduced to Glory’s knee,” Sam answered.

Buffy noticeably bristled at the mention of the hellgod’s name. “What happened?” the blonde asked in an eerily calm voice.

“Jack and I were… Oh my god! Jack! Where is he? Is he okay?” Sam yelled as she frantically looked around the room. She had to find her friend. If anything happened to him…

“I’m right here Sam,” Jack answered, waving so Sam could see him. “Maybe you should look with your good eye.”

Sam laughed and let out a sigh of relief. Leave it to Jack to make light of the situation. Seeing that Jack was okay, or as well as he could be considering everything, Sam turned back to Buffy. The look on Buffy’s face unnerved the young Slayer.

“Tell me what happened,” Buffy said again quietly. Sam looked at her mentor and for the first time in her young life, was scared of the person looking back at her.

“Jack and I were walking here, so I could meet you and work out, and Glory jumped us. She grabbed Jack after he called her a skank ass ho and,”

“You called Glory a skank ass ho?” Anya asked, looking at her son amazed.

“Yeah, twice actually.” Jack said, puffing his chest out a little. It wasn’t everyday that the eldest Harris faced a hellgod and lived to talk about it.

“I’m surprised she didn’t rip your tongue out,” Anya commented and patted her son lovingly on the head.

Jack looked sheepishly at Sam, remembering the comment Glory had made. Sam shrugged and smiled at Jack, letting him know it was okay and she wouldn’t say anything to anybody. The young man smiled back in thanks.

“So,” Sam said, turning back to Buffy, only to find the blonde haired Slayer had slipped quietly out.

“Well shit,” Anya said, making her way over to the phone to page Dawn.

Spike was lounging on Buffy’s sofa, watching a shark documentary (or as he had dubbed them, vampires of the sea) and sipping on a mug of blood. Buffy opened the door and without a word, made her way to her closet. She took out a double bladed axe and the broad sword she had used to send Angel to hell. She looked over at Spike, who was watching her intently.

“Let’s see if I can send the bitch home with this.” Buffy said, looking at the gleaming blade.

“Glory?” Spike asked. Buffy nodded. “Right then. Let’s go.” Spike said throwing on his black duster and catching the axe Buffy tossed to him. The pair left the apartment without another word.

“Why, why, why do these pathetic humans continue to fight?” Glory ranted as she paced across her apartment. Dirk followed behind, trying to avoid being hit and offering compliments to his splendiferous Glorificus. The other minions cowered against the far wall. “I mean, hello, hellgod. Why try and fight me? They got lucky the first time, what with me sharing my gorgeous body with Ben, but I’ll be damned if they find a weakness this time! I mean look at me! And where does that boy get off calling me a skank ass ho?”

“Twice no less, your Greatness,” one of the servants said from the far wall. Glory glared at the scab for a minute and then took off her high heel and threw it at the offending leprous hobbit. It hit its mark and the minion was sent scampering off, rubbing a newly formed bump on his head. Glory walked over and picked up her shoe.

“Damn. Dirk! Get me another shoe! This one has minion stink on it.”

“I wouldn’t worry your pretty little head about that pet,” Spike said as he lit up a cigarette and leaned against a wall.

“Well, well. Look what the cat dragged in,” Glory said as she crossed her arms and gave Spike the once over. She reached up just in time to catch Buffy’s blade as the Slayer swung for a decapitating blow from behind. Slowly, the hellgod turned her head and smiled wickedly at Buffy.

“Wanna play lover? Fine with me…”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:09 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

oh my god... YOU'RE BACK!!! :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

wow! i'm totally in love with this little fic of yours :) !!!!

you're sure that sam isn't a love interest for buffy?! :) mean, hello... all the faith-flashbacks when sam was unconscious... he he he... you know, sstill hoping, can't give up that easy :-D

anyway, i loved the update and can't wait to see what happens. think, our witches will go ballistic when they see what happend to sam! hopefully willow won't freak out... completely!

please don't let us wait too long for the next update... especially with that cliffhanger! whoaa.... :)

keep it up! good work!

cheers

-fab

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wowie wowie.......an update! What did I do to deserve this?

It's been so long.......

I really love this fic. Poor Jack....unrequited love! I can't wait to see what develps between the two of them.

Oh my....Willow and Tara are not going to take Sam and Jack's encounter with Glory so well. I hope Willow can keep her dark magick at bay and not lose total control.

Update soon please....... :flirt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:28 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I love this story, and I wish you would post again soon for all of us who have been following it.

~swandive

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:38 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

here's the final installment of the story. it was written kinda quickly, so please forgive and grammitical errors. i wanted to flesh it out a bit more, but the story just needed an ending. not my best, but here it is... oh, please leave some feed back so i can know if i should even bother with a sequel...

Final Installment

Dawn was finishing her exam of Jack when Tara and Willow came running through the door. Sam was sitting at a table, holding an ice pack to her swollen eye. Instantly, both her parents were asking questions, demanding answers, and looking their child over.

“Hey!” Dawn yelled from across the room. “Hands off my patient! She’s not a piece of meat.”

“I agree with Dawn,” Anya interjected. “while I’m sure Sam would loved to be pawed by lesbians, I’m pretty sure that since you two are her parents, it will just traumatize her in some Freudian way.”

Immediately, Tara and Willow stepped back and stared at Anya. The things that came out of her mouth still shocked them even after 20 odd years. Jack snickered at the comment, while Sam looked absolutely mortified. Dawn went merely went back to putting things back into her medical bag.

“Sam are you okay?” Willow finally asked.

“Yes mom, I’m fine.” Sam said, putting the ice pack back on her eye. Willow looked at her daughter skeptically and turned to Dawn.

“Is she okay?” The redhead asked.

“Yes Willow, Sam’s fine. She has a black eye and a fractured cheekbone, but other than that, she’s good.”

“Good! How can she be good! She has a broken face!” Willow yelled, turning back to Sam, pulling the ice pack away again, and looking over her bruised face again.

“Willow calm down,” Tara said, gentley taking her wife’s hand in her own. “If Dawn says she’s okay, she’s okay.” Turning to Dawn, Tara asked, “With her Slayer healing, how long before the fracture heals?”

“Probably just a few days. A week at the most. Bonuses of fighting evil, quick healing and looking pretty,” Dawn replied.

“Damnit, I want Slayer powers,” Jack said. Everyone turned at looked at the battered young man. “Not for the looking pretty part! Well, that wouldn’t be all bad, but I mean for the quick healing part. Geeze….”

“You’re very pretty sweetie,” Anya said as she carefully hugged her injured son.

“Thanks mom,” Jack mumbled. Now it was Sam’s turn to laugh.

“Where’s Buffy?” Tara asked, noticing that the blonde was no where to be seen.

“She left as soon as Sam confirmed it was Glory.” Anya answered. The four adults exchanged worried looks.

Dawn sighed and then threw her bag across the room. “Why does she always do that?! Doesn’t she know that it’s going to catch up with her one day? Damnit! I’m tired of her rushing off to be the hero and thinking about what might happen!” The brunette collapsed into her husband who had been waiting quietly in the background. James kissed his wife on the head and stroked her hair gently.

“Baby, that’s what makes her a hero. She doesn’t care what happens to her, she just wants those around her to be safe.” James said as he continued to stroke his wife’s hair.

“For once I’d like her to not be a hero. It’s gotten her killed twice and hurt more times than I can count. I just want her to be Buffy Summers, my sister.” Dawn said quietly. James shook his head in acknowledgement. He knew that Dawn, along with everyone else was concerned about Buffy running head on into danger. But there was nothing they could do about that now.

Xander, Giles, and the twins came tumbling into the shop.

“Where’s Jack?” Emma asked. Michelle followed up immediately with “Is he okay?”

Jack waved a now cast arm in his sister’s direction. All four let out a sigh of relief when they saw that their big brother wasn’t in worse shape.

“How did you know?” Sam asked. Apparently everyone knew about their run in with Glory.

“We heard him say ‘this is gonna hurt’...” Kate said.

“And then Glory broke his wrist,” Megan finished.

“When did he say that? Sam asked, not remembering Jack saying anything of the sort.

“Apparently that ESPN thing they do isn’t limited to the just them,” Xander interjected. The elder Harris had made his way over to Jack and was standing with his hand firmly on his son’s shoulder. He bent down and whispered, “You did good Jack. I’m proud of you.” Jack broke into a grin and then quickly ducked his head.

“Yes, it appears the girls have a connection with their brother,” Giles said from his place by the door. “They alerted us of the danger and we got here as quickly as we could.”

“And let me just say eeewww,” Emma said as she pulled out a chair and sat beside her brother.

“I think that goes for all of us lover boy.” Kate as she threw her backpack onto the table. Both Sam and Jack turned a bright shade of red.

“Well obviously the girls are now privy to Jack’s sexual fantasies,” Anya said as she made her way back behind the counter.
“Mom!” five sets of voices yelled in unison.

“What? I’m just making an observation.” The ex-demon mumbled.

“No mom. It’s the first time that’s happened and we just heard what was going on with him, Sam, and Glory.”

“Hmmm… That’s unusual,” Willow said turning to Giles. Giles nodded and turned to the girls.

“Can you tell what Jack is thinking now?” He asked.

The twins sat for a minute, all four looking intently at Jack. Finally Michelle spoke up. “I’m not getting anything. You guys?”

“Nope,” three voices said at once.

“Interesting,” Giles said looking at Anya. Anya nodded in agreement. She made her way over to a book shelf and pulled out a book. Thumbing through it she found the passage she was looking for. “Here it is…”

“Somebody help us…” Spike said as he collapsed in the doorway, carrying an unconscious Buffy.

Tara was the first to make it over to the beaten pair. Instantly she knew the situation was bad. “Dawn! Get your bag and get over here!”

Dawn shook her head and went into doctor mode. “Don’t touch them! Let me get over there.” She grabbed her med kit and immediately starting accessing the situation. Buffy had been beaten into unconsciousness and had a makeshift turnakit on her left leg, right above mid-thigh. Dawn looked at the five inch gash below the tourniquet and decided it was a blade wound and a serious one at that. The cut went partially through the bone and Dawn knew she needed to get Buffy to the hospital immediately. She grabbed her phone and called 911. Calmly, she requested an ambulance and asked that a surgical trauma unit be ready for their arrival at Sunnydale Memorial. Both of Buffy’s eye were swollen shut, her nose was obviously broken, and her bottom lip was split all the way down to her chin. Dawn also suspected that Buffy had several broken ribs and possible internal injuries. Dawn silently prayed that her sister’s Slayer’s power would at least keep her alive until they got to the hospital.

“I got her here as soon as I could,” Spike coughed. Dawn looked at the vampire closely for the first time. His shirt was torn; obviously he had made the turnakit out of it. His classical features were also mangled like Buffy’s, with one exception.

“Oh my God Spike,” Dawn whispered. She tilted the vampire’s head back to get a better look at his right eye, which was swollen completely shut. She forced his eyelid open just enough to get a peek and realized what the hell god had done to him.

“It doesn’t hurt that bad lil’ bit,” Spike wheezed quietly.

“Spike, don’t talk. I’m gonna give you two shots. One’s a pain killer and the other is a sedative. We’ll get you some blood as soon as we can.” Dawn said as she pulled a syringe and two bottles from her bag. She quickly administered the shots and then instructed James and Xander to take Spike to Buffy’s apartment and make him as comfortable as possible.

“Thanks munchkin,” Spike whispered as he passed out. Dawn kissed him lightly on the forehead, “No, thank you.” She stepped back and allowed Giles and James to pick the vampire up and take him out of the shop. She then turned her attention back to Buffy. The paramedics would be there any minute and Dawn was working on stabilization her sister’s condition.

“Is she going to make it?” Sam asked quietly.

“I don’t know,” Dawn replied as she tried to keep her mind of the fact that she was working on her sister. The fact had crossed her mind that Buffy might not make it through this one.

“What’s wrong with Spike?” Kate asked.

“Glory ripped his eye out.” Dawn said stoically as she continued to work on Buffy. She could hear the sharp intake of breath from almost everyone in the room.

“How could she do that?” Emma asked.

“She’s pure evil,” Anya said flatly.

“The paramedics are here Dawn,” Tara said as she held Willow close. The redhead had fallen into her arms sobbing as soon as she had stood to let Dawn get to Buffy and Spike.

Dawn stood and instructed the paramedics as they loaded her sister onto the stretcher. The doctor followed the stretcher to the ambulance and loaded up after the paramedics had Buffy situated.

“I’ll see you guys at the hospital,” She said as the doors closed behind her.

“Let’s load up,” Xander said, holding the door open. Everyone silently filed out and made their way to the cars. Anya locked up and joined her husband. Giles joined Willow and Tara, relaying the message that James would join them a little later.

“Where’s Sam?” Giles asked looking around at the group. Everyone looked around and sure enough, the young Slayer was no where to be found. Tara and Willow looked at each other.

Tara waved at Anya to get her attention. “We’ll meet you at the hospital.” She nodded at Willow and they disappeared.

“Damnit, when are you people going to stop doing that?” Anya said sighing and getting into the car.

“I’d almost forgotten how much fun a little rough and tumble could be.” Glory said as she gloated over her latest victory. “It really gets your motor revving, you know? I just, wow, I love this adrenaline thing these humans have going for them.”

“Understandable, oh Jubilant One, but what about the possible ramifications.” Dirk asked, slightly concerned about what the Slayers friends may do.

“Dirk, Dirk, Dirk, my stupid little minion. If things go as planned, the ramifications are exactly what I’m hoping for.”

“Well, I hope you figured me into your ramifications,” Sam said as she stepped in front of Glory.”

The Hellgod grinned and snapped her fingers. Immediately, three of her followers began chanting and before Sam could react, she found herself trapped in a binding spell.

“Whatcha gonna do now, honey?” Glory asked as she circled Sam slowly. “Can’t use your Slayer moves, can’t use your witchy powers, no superstud boyfriend to help... Looks like you’re all mine, sister.”

Sam tried to talk as Glory taunted her, but the spell held. The young redhead noticed that five other evil munchicans had placed themselves around her and were now chanting. She felt an intense burning sensation, then numbness began to engulf her.

“Guess what sweetie, we’re three for three with you. I felt it earlier when you used that spell on me. OOhhh, the Powers are good. They masked you well, but the flavor was there. Just a hint, just enough for an aftertaste. “ Glory slowly slid her tongue up Sam’s neck for emphasis, ending at the girl’s chin. “I’m sure you have no idea what I’m talking about right? Of course not, you silly human. You couldn’t possibly comprehend what you are. You,” Glory said looking into Sam’s eyes. She paused for a brief moment as she searched the depths of the young Slayer’s eyes and then broke into smile. “You are the Key. The Slayer, the Witch, and the Key, all rolled into one.”

Sam’s eyes went wide in disbelief. She had heard the story of Dawn being the Key and how Buffy had died saving her from the hellgod standing before her. She frantically tried to shake her head, to move at all, but the binding spell held.

Glory smirked as she moved within a hairsbreadth of Sam. “One way to be sure,” she whispered to Sam as she moved in for a kiss. The second the hellgod's lips touched the young Slayer’s, there was no doubt that she was telling the truth. Sam felt a surge of energy leave her body as Glory broke the kiss.

“Damn girl, you’re good. I’m all tingly in all the right places. What say we go again,” Glory said as she initiated another kiss. Again Sam felt her life energy drain from her body.

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TO MY DAUGHTER??!!!!!”

Glory broke her kiss. “We’ll finish this later, lover.” She said with a smirk. “Hey, glad you could join the party. Finally work up the nerve to take me on in person? And just when I getting used to being hit with random lighting bolts. ”

Willow stepped towards Glory. The power show she had put on earlier was nothing compared to what she was planning to use on the hellgod. Tara followed suit and took her wife’s hand. The two witch’s power mingled and the room became electric.

“Na ah,” Glory chastised, as she waved a finger at them. “ You try and hurt me, and junior here bites it. And not in the good way, either.”

Tara struck first. The blast of energy knocked the hell god across the room. Willow immediately followed with her own spell. Glory slammed into the ceiling and then into the floor. The redhead was immediately on top of the hell god, not giving her a chance to find her bearings. Willow picked Glory up by the throat. The hell god struggled to get loose.

“You hurt mine,.” Willow said as she squeezed. “I owe you pain.”

Glory clawed at Willow’s hand, trying to pry it from her throat. Willow only tightened her grip. Glory flailed and kicked. One kick landed home and Willow loosened her grip enough for Glory to free herself. The hell god immediately went on the offensive. Before Willow could blink, Glory held her in a reverse of the position from moments ago. Glory laughed and backhanded Willow across the face. Blood began to trickle from the redhead’s nose. Glory leaned in close and whispered the word “Bind” in Willow’s ear. Willow felt her power bind and knew she was helpless. Glory laughed, licked the side of her face, and threw her against the wall, knocking Willow unconscious.

“Well ain’t that a surprise. Red’s been a naughty girl while I’ve been gone. Good for her. I knew she had it in her.” Glory said as she laughed. She turned to Tara. “Come on honey, let’s see what you’ve turned into.”

“I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised,” Tara replied, not missing a beat. Power rose around the blonde. She held out her hands and the power swirled, forming a glowing orb. The glow became brighter and brighter until it was blinding. Glory lifted her hands to shield her eyes.

“Release.” Tara said and the binding spells on both Willow and Sam melted away. Sam ran to Willow side and tried to shake wake her.

“NO! NO! NO! You can’t do that !” Glory screamed. “You can’t! That’s cheating!”

“You never said anything about playing fair,” Tara taunted.

“Fine, you want to play hardball little girl, I can do that.” Almost instantaneously, Glory was behind Sam. The hellgod smiled at Tara.

“If I can’t go home, your home will be hell.” Glory said as she grabbed Sam’s head and twisted . A sickening snap echoed across the room.

Willow awoke to find Tara beating what was left of Glory. The face was beyond recognition. Willow pulled a bloody, screaming Tara off the lifeless hellgod. Tara looked at Willow, eyes unseeing. Willow shook Tara, trying to bring her back to reality. Recogniation flowed back into Tara’s eyes and she fell into Willow sobbing. Willow held her and looked for Sam. Her eyes fell across her daughter’s lifeless body. Willow stood up and slowly walked to the body.

“It’s not real. She’s okay. She’s okay.” Willow told herself.

“No, baby, she’s not, “ Tara said weakly, as she held herself in a ball. Willow turned to look at Tara. She looked…broken. In that moment. Willow’s life fell apart. She had been beyond grief when Warren shot Tara and she thought Tara was dead, but this, this was worse. She felt completely dead inside… like she would never be happy again. She knelt by Sam and stroked her forehead. Tears fell from her face onto her daughter’s body. Tara crawled over to her wife and they both grieved over the death of their only child.

“Hey, what are you doing here?” Sam asked. She was walking though a meadow, enjoying the sun playing in her face.

“Dunno. Waiting, I guess.” Buffy replied. She was laying in the meadow, playing the cloud game.

“Waiting for what?” Sam asked, plopping herself down beside the older Slayer.

“To go back, “ Buffy replied. She rolled over to her side and looked at Sam. “We’re not done yet. We’ll go back. We just have to wait for the guide.”

“Is this where you were when you died the first time?” Sam asked.

“Yes and no. It’s harder to go back the longer you stay. Things…change.”

“How?”

“HMmm…it’s hard to explain. You lose yourself, but you’re still you. It’s incredible. “ Buffy let out a sigh. I wish our guide would hurry up and get here.”

“Why?” Sam asked. She had found a dandelion and was blowing it into the wind.

“Let’s hope you don’t find out. Like I said, it’s harder to leave.”

“Are you that ready to go, B?”

“Faith! Long time no see,” Buffy said with a smile. She jumped up, hugged, and kissed the dark haired Slayer.

“Yep. Too long B.” Faith said after she broke the kiss. ” But like always, this is going to be a short visit. We need to get squirt there back before she gets too attached.”

“Don’t rush on my account,” Sam said. She had always suspected there was something going on between the two, but she never could prove it.

“Well, it’s not really you squirt as much as it is your moms. If we don’t get you back in a hurry, things are going to get really nasty.” Faith said with a sad smile. She was holding Buffy’s hand, rubbing it lovingly with her thumb. Buffy looked both as happy and sad as Sam had ever seen her.

“What will happen if I stay?” Sam asked the dark haired Slayer.

“Let’s just say what Red pulled when Warren shot Blonde was nothing. And she’s not the problem this time.”

“We need to get her back then,” Buffy said with a sigh.

“We need to get you both back. Sorry B, but you can’t hang around any longer either.”

“I know.” Buffy said, looking up into the sky. “I wish I had more time with you.” She finished and looked at Faith.

Faith grinned. “One day baby, one day. But for now, be content with a certain obnoxious, peroxide headed vampire. He has a good soul, even if he is a guy.”

Buffy laughed, kissed Faith, and turned to Sam. “Ready to go?”

“I guess, but how do we get back?”

“Just follow the guide,” Buffy answered. She took Faith’s hand and the offered her other to Sam. Sam took it and they walked through the meadow, enjoying the sun on their face.

“No, no, no. This isn’t happening!” Tara yelled. “You killed her! You fucking killed her!” She was on her feet kicking Glory’s body before Willow could think to stop her. Willow came to her senses and grabbed Tara, pulling her away from Glory.

“Baby, you have to stop. We have to get Sam out of here. We need to go home. Let’s get Sam and go.” Willow pleaded.

“No! She has to pay! Someone has to pay!” Tara screamed.

“No baby. She paid. Glory is dead. Let’s get Sam and go home.”

“No! Willow, she killed Sam. Sam is dead. Someone will pay.”

“Yes, baby, someone will pay. But for now, let’s get Sam and go home. Giles is there. He’ll know what to do.” Willow said, trying to reason with Tara.

“There is no time for that Willow. Don’t you see? We need to do this right now. We need her back. I need her back!” Tara said sobbing. Willow stepped back from her wife. She could feel the blonde’s power building. The release was going to be bad…very bad.

“Baby no. I know you’re hurt. I’m hurt, but this is not the way. Trust me. I’ve been down this road. This is bad, baby. Stop.” Willow pleaded.

The power continued to build around Tara. Willow could feel the coming onslaught was seconds away. She steeled herself and called her on power. She had never used her magick against Tara since her stupid days so many years ago. She was scared, but she knew what she had to do.

“Tara, stop.” Willow said calmly. Tara turned to her, but could not see her. The power surrounding the Blonde was blinding. “Stop!” Willow yelled. She could feel the release begin. The redhead bowed her head and then looked to the sky.

Suddenly, the power was gone. Tara fell to her knees weeping. Willow looked around bewildered. There was Sam, in between them both. Her hands were outstretched and she had taken her parents energy. “Wow.” She said before passing out. Tara and Willow both fell on their baby girl sobbing.

Willow, Tara, and Sam, stumbled into Buffy’s hospital room. Giles met them with a very unenglish bear hug. The Harris clan joined in on the group hug. Jack looked at Sam and pulled her into his arms and kissed her soundly, much to eveyone’s shock. They both broke away gagging and wiping their mouths.

“That was horrible,” Jack said as he spat on the floor.

“Like kissing your brother, “ Sam finished.

“Ewww,” the twins echoed.

Willow, having somewhat recovered from the shock asked about Buffy. Giles told her that Buffy had woken up a while before just long enough to say, “We brought her back,” and had then passed back out. Dawn assured everyone that her vitals were fine and she would make a full recovery. Giles asked Willow if she knew what Buffy was talking about. Willow nodded yes, but told him they would talk about it later. Giles was content to let it be for now. He knew there was a story that was going to take some time to tell. He could see that Sam’s aura had changed. It looked more like Buffy’s when Willow had brought her back, yet there was something else too. Yes, this story was going to take a while indeed. But that could wait. He had his family whole and together. A little banged up, but what was new? The old man smiled and basked in his happiness.

Two years later….

“Man, can you believe how hard Buffy is working us?” Sam said as she sat down. Jack handed her a drink. Emma and Michelle were on the dance floor with a couple of guys. Kate and Megan sat at the table watching and nodded their heads in agreeance with Sam.

“Buffy nothing. “ Megan said, after sipping her drink. “ Your mom is killing us with the magick sessions. Man, who knew little nice Tara could be such a hard ass when it came to that.”

“I second that,” Kate chimed in.

“Well, my coach is running our asses off,” Jack put in, not wanting to be left out of the conversation. Sam, Megan, and Kate all rolled their eyes. “Well he is,” Jack mumbled.

“Oh please,” Sam said unsympathetically. “This from Mr. Star Pitcher. Stop whining. Every girl at UC Sunnydale wants you. And you’re being scouted by the pros. So quit complaining.”

“Thanks Sam,” Jack said sarcastically. “I can always count on you.”

“You’re welcome.” Sam said as she smiled. She went back to sipping her drink and looking for the twins on the dance floor. They were dancing with a couple of hotties as usual. Sam sighed. She’d had some bad luck with relationships so far. Jack had set her up with a couple of his baseball buddies, but nothing had panned out. Maybe it was a Slayer thing.

“Hey, who is that?” Jack asked and pointed.

“Where?” Sam asked. The dance floor was full, so she wasn’t sure who Jack was pointing at.

“There.” Jack pointed again. “She’s hot.” Sam tried to follow his finger. But everyone was moving around and she couldn’t make out who he was talking about.

“I still don’t see her,” Sam said, still trying to find the girl jack was pointing at.

“Come on, “ Jack said. He grabbed Sam by the hand and dragged her out to the dance floor. Jack got right up beside the dancing girl and pointed. “Her.”

The girl turned to see Jack pointing and Sam staring.

“Hiya cutie,” she said still dancing. The girl was dressed in black leather pants and a crimson shirt. Her hair was long and dark. He eyes matched her dark hair. The look was vaguely familiar.

“Hi yourself,” Jack said with a grin.

“Wasn’t talking to you, hot shot. I was talking to Red.” The girl danced her way over to Sam. “What’s your name?”

“Sam. What’s yours?”

“Hope. Wanna dance?” Sam smiled at the girl and nodded yes. “Well don’t just stand there. Move those hips, like this,” Hope reached down and put her hands on Sam’s hips. A charge ran through both of them. Sam stepped back and stared at Hope.

“You’re like me…a Slayer,” Sam said not believing what she had just felt. There was a tingle of power, but also a tingle of something… more.

“Yep, I’m like you in more ways than you think,” Hope said with a devilish grin.

“Huh?” Sam asked.

“You’ll figure it out soon enough…with a little help.” Hope said and smiled again. She continued to dance and Sam followed her. The two danced for over an hour, never looking anywhere else but at each other.

“Who’s the new girl?” Emma asked. She and Michelle had decided to take a break and sit a few out.

“Some girl named Hope. She hit on Sam,” Jack answered. All four twins looked at each other and smiled knowingly.
“I hate it when you guys do that, “ Jack complained. “What’s the what?”

“If you can’t figure it out, we’re not telling,” Michelle said. Everyone else shook their heads in agreement.

Hope and Sam ended up dancing all night. Finally the club turned up the lights and shooed everyone out. Sam walked out with Hope.

“I had a great time. Can I get your number?” Sam asked nervously.

“I would love to give you my number Red, but I don’t have one. I’m sure I’ll see you again though. Until then,” Hope leaned in and kissed Sam. It was nothing like Sam had ever experienced. Hope broke the kiss, smiled, and walked into the darkness.

“Wow,” Sam thought. She practically walked on air the whole way home.

“Buffy! Buffy!” Sam yelled as she ran into Buffy’s studio. She’d skipped her 8:00 class to come find Buffy to tell her what happened. “Where are you?”

“I’m in my office,” Buffy yelled back

“You’re never going to believe what happened last night…” Sam said as she rounded the corner to the office.

“Do tell,” a familiar dark haired figure said. There, sitting on the corner of Buffy’s desk, was Hope. Buffy was sitting across the desk staring at the young girl.

“Hope. What are you doing here?” Sam asked completely confused.

Buffy slid her chair back and rose. “It seems that we have a new Slayer. Apparently she was called after your little run in with Glory. It also seems that you two have already met.” Buffy said, still eyeing the younger girl. There was something very familiar about this girl…

“Uh, yeah, we met last night. I was coming here to tell you.” Sam said. She couldn’t help smiling at Hope. Hope winked at the redhead.

Buffy caught the look and she couldn’t help but smile. Maybe Sam and Hope would have the relationship that she and Faith were meant to have…

“Oh my God!” Buffy blurted out. She sank back into her chair and pointed at Hope. Sam and Hope looked at each other confused at the Slayer’s outburst.

“You’re her daughter. Hope. Oh my God.” Buffy said again. Hope just smiled at the eldest Slayer who had finally put things together. Sam was still confused.

“What are you talking about?” Sam asked.

“She’s talking about my mom. That’s why I’m here. She told me if my powers were ever activated, come to Buffy.”

“Who’s your mom?” Sam asked, still clueless.

Hope smiled the biggest grin she could muster. “Come on Red, you’re smarter than that. Who do I look like? Think real hard and think Slayer.”

Sam stood back and looked. All of a sudden the puzzle pieces fell into place. The attitude, the hair, the eyes, the clothes….

“Faith. Faith was your mom?” Sam asked, unbelievingly.

“Bingo. We have a winner.” Hope answered. She jumped up and rewarded Sam with a kiss. Sam stumbled back with a silly grin on her face.

“This is going to be interesting,” Buffy said shaking her head.

The End….

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 6:53 am 
19. Yummy Face

Wow :thud Awesome story. I was little afraid that we would see the return of Darth Rosenberg and birth of Darth Maclay. Faith's daughter Hope was a nice supprise in the end.

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:33 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
WOW! This story was amazing from beginning to end. I just found it and I'm really glad you finished it, and with a very amazing and interesting ending.

So, of course, please, please let there be a sequel! I can't wait to see what else your talented mind comes up with for the whole gang.

And oh yeah, loved the NC-17 parts. They were sizzlin!

Great job!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:32 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Grraaarrr! Thread necromancy! Arise. Arise!

So, this is awesome, great characterization, solid story, and a totally bittersweet Buffy/Faith thing.'
Really brought a tear to my eye :)

And the Scooby kids were awesome, all of them.
Kittens always do kids so well, and this story is no exception :)

I just read this in one sitting, so i can't give feedback other than: Awesome, l33t 5k1llz and all that.

It's a good one, definitely going on my list.

Thankyou for the lovely story. :flower

R