The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 26th May 2008
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:29 am 
Here goes for a long overdue feedback ^^

PtS, I would have liked to refer to this chapter as the gay femininity one; I sensed it in this way owing to the manner with which you've penned out the character portrayals of the girls after the intense experience they went through that finally confirmed their feelings for each other; From Willow's and Tara's strongly emotional stances after they wake up to Buffy and Faith's physical outlook.

The aftermath of the orgasmic scenes is furthermore written through your feminine gaze and I'm pleased about the lack of overtly sexual imagery that comes naturally out of it. It's so subtle and descriptive at the same time, you leave us a lot more space for imagining these scenes as we wish. It creates a much better mental wrapping-up such as it has been for Tara's lecture scene where she indulges in Willow's scent. And that is where an interesting juxtaposition comes up: Buffy and Faith whose relationship was more physical in nature before is now turning towards romantic fluffiness while Will and Tare are suddenly verging towards a raw connection.

Willow's quirks will also never cease to amaze and amuse me and I loved your choice of words in the interaction scene with Faith. Original to say the least!

Vi'

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 26th May 2008
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:16 pm 
12. Recently Gay

Topics: 1
Well, here’s an update, finally. Hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the continued feed back and thanks also to the lurkers who boost the view count.

A bit of housekeeping and then Chapter 30.

Rowanstar – you grabbed the dibs and didn’t come back you naughty thing, lol, I hope you enjoyed it anyhow.

taralicious -
Quote:
Willow should have installed a web camera in her and Buffy's room so those of us that wanted to see Faith's gals were given the opportunity to do so.

Isn’t the imagination much better?

Quote:
Faith and Buffy confiding to Willow and Tara and being reassured that they already knew the answers to their dilemmas but needed validation from independent sources.

Isn’t that always the way with the big decisions? A second opinion never hurts, and if it concurs with our own, then all the better. :)

JujuDeRoussie
Quote:
Ju, are you even gonna see this? Catherine Deneuve...

Drool, indeed.

I’m pleased you liked the update, and Faith wasn’t doing anything stupid, and we will never know what is in Tara’s drawer.

katjetson -
Quote:
I commend you again for the reality injected into this cute-as-a-button/hot-as-hell fic.

Thank you, I try my best.

Quote:
I don't even think I'm capable of commenting on Willow and Faith's conversation because I got glassy-eyed and dazed when Willow started (ohgod) unzipping her booties

Maybe you and taralicious should start a boot fetish thread. Maybe as treat I’ll have Mistress Tara in thigh high black shiny leather boots with a stiletto heels in Writer’s Block.

Quote:
I love your updates, PTS. They're like little rays of sunshine that sometimes, when things get naughty, make me crazy from the heat.

You say the nicest things, thank you!

Nenyath -
Quote:
I'm looking forward to hear what Faith have to say to that one, I have a feeling it is going to be a mighty sweet session of admitting feelings and show them

It will be sweet, I hope! I’ve been feeling a little neglectful about these two, but I’ve given them some screen time in the next chapter.

Zampsa1975 -
Quote:
Buffy and Faith need to talk about their feelings for each other

They do, but actions can speak louder than words!

Wimpy0729 -
Quote:
Oh my, all these different interactions were interesting and touching.

I’m glad you liked that. I felt it was time for the couples to interact with the others partners, particularly Buffy and Tara, as I hadn’t given them any bonding time.

Quote:
And oh yeah, Tara's finger smelling...soo yummy.

I love Tara’s naughty side.

chance -
Quote:
I feel like amazing amounts of stuff happened here!

Me too! I’m getting near the end now, so I’m getting all my ducks in a row for that, and one of them was to get Buffy and Faith to the point were they could no longer deny to themselves what they were feeling.

Quote:
As always, wonderfully done.

*Blushes furiously*

hondos – You’re still loving them emoticons aren’t ya?

Quote:
I want to say this yet I am afraid it will sound wrong…

You said nothing wrong, and what you did say was beautifully expressed, thank you.

You’re right in what you said, and the paragraph you quoted was in many ways a summing up of their relationship. I’m glad you like that bit, and I’m glad the fic gives you so much pleasure on many levels.

Your feedback always makes me smile, I’ve missed it.

nimloth – Vi, your feedback as usual gives me food for thought.

Quote:
The aftermath of the orgasmic scenes is furthermore written through your feminine gaze and I'm pleased about the lack of overtly sexual imagery that comes naturally out of it. It's so subtle and descriptive at the same time, you leave us a lot more space for imagining these scenes as we wish.

Subtle is good at times. Plus I really feel that at this point anymore ‘smut’ (for the want of a better word) would just be gratuitous. Yes, it’s nice to experience the heady hormonal and emotional rollercoaster of both couples, but it was a conscience decision to take it down a notch in this chapter.

Quote:
Buffy and Faith whose relationship was more physical in nature before is now turning towards romantic fluffiness while Will and Tare are suddenly verging towards a raw connection.

That was something I’ve been working towards, that shift of axis, so I’m pleased you have picked up on it.

Thank you for your feedback, late or not, and even if I had to twist your hoof for it!

Chapter 30

Standing there in the street only silence had greeted Buffy’s declaration of love. One full minute, a whole sixty seconds of nerve-wrecking, heartbreaking, anger inducing silence that broke Buffy’s resolve.

All the optimism she had felt melted away in that minute. Her rush of excitement that had barely kept her seated on the bus had been replaced with disappointment that set in her guts like a lead weight.

She stared at the intercom and cursed herself for still being there looking at it like a hopeful child. Buffy felt tears well up and her throat was tight with emotion. How could she have been so stupid? You just didn’t turn up on someone’s doorstep and tell them you think you love them. Certainly not someone like Faith, and certainly not someone who hadn’t given you any indication that they may even remotely feel the same. And now, even if there had been a chance, Buffy thought, she had pushed it too fast too soon.

By her reckoning another minute had passed and still there was only silence from the intercom. Buffy kept her eyes glued to the small square of metal and plastic set into the red brick wall of the apartment block as if the intensity of her stare would somehow make it spring into life and deliver the words she wanted to hear. She reached out with an unsteady hand, her index finger hovered over the button but her anger and her pain wouldn’t let her apply the pressure required. Hurt and humiliated she pulled her hand back to her side and balled it into a tight fist.

Buffy dropped her gaze, and bowed her head and stared down at the sidewalk. The unshed tears gave way to gravity and splashed to the ground like lonely rain. Buffy breathed deeply to ease the constriction in her throat and turned to face the road. If Faith was going to say something, say anything she would have said it by now was Buffy’s reasoning as she took a step towards the curb.

Cars went by in both directions and the blonde waited for a gap in the seemingly never ending flow of traffic that was blurred by the still flowing tears that wet Buffy’s face.

The noise from the road drowned out every other sound around her and Buffy hadn’t heard the front door to the apartment open. The roar of a particularly noisy exhaust blocked out the dull thud of booted feet on the sidewalk, and the vibration of a passing truck masked the touch of hand on her left shoulder. But nothing took away the voice that whispered in her ear.

“You think you love me?” Faith said breathlessly.

----------------------------------------------

Willow stretched out on her bed in her room at her parent’s house as she and Tara talked about their day.

They were both amazed at the events with Buffy and Faith, and Tara felt pleased when Willow told her she had said just the right thing to her best friend, but Tara had suggested caution when Willow said that perhaps they should try and help the course of true love. It would work itself out Tara told her, and if it didn’t then maybe they could do something to help their friends. Willow reluctantly agreed, but said it was sad that Faith and Buffy were holding back when they could have what she and Tara had.

Tara had smiled widely at Willow’s sentiment and agreed with her girlfriend that it was sad, but she felt that Buffy and Faith would do the right thing.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faith slid her hand into Buffy’s and led her away from the kerb and into the apartment building closing the door behind them. The brunette gave Buffy a bright smile which went a long way to stemming the tears that still spilt from her now very red eyes.

Buffy snuffled and searched her pocket for a tissue that she knew wasn’t there as Faith pulled her into the elevator whose doors had opened to admit them with a loud ping.

“I look a mess,” Buffy said softly as she caught sight of her face wet with sticky tears in the mirror that clothed the back wall of small space they occupied.

Still holding hands, they both turned to face the doors.

Faith smiled again, her white teeth bright behind dark red lips, “Yep, and you needn’t think I’m gonna kiss ya neither when you’re all with the tears and snuffles, but I will tell ya I think I love you too.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

“How’s your evening with your parents?” Tara asked her lover and she smiled as she heard a groan in her ear.

“It was ok, the same conversations I usually have, ‘How’s your studies going Willow? Have you decided on post-grad yet? Do you still think you’re gay?’” the redhead mimicked her Mothers voice and intonation with more than hint of annoyance.

Tara wondered how accurate Willow’s imitation of her Mother was, is that what she would hear when they met, “What did you tell her?”

“Good. No, and yes. Then she asked how I knew if I still gay. I told her I knew because my girlfriend was gay too,” Willow laughed, “that kept her quiet for about a minute, and then I got the third degree, what’s her name, where did you meet, is she Jewish?”

“Is she convinced now that you have a girlfriend, or does it not count if I’m not Jewish?” Tara asked her smiling at the thought of Willow’s Mom grasping at straws to preserve her denial.

“Knowing my Mom, probably, but I haven’t told you the best bit yet. She wants to meet you, well they both do,” Willow said brightly, “but thankfully not until they get back from their tour.”

“Oh, good, not that I don’t want to meet her but it’ll give your Mom more time to get used to the idea,” Tara felt relief wash over her. It really wasn’t that she didn’t want to meet Willow’s parents, but Sheila did appear to be quite formidable. “Oh, and talking of meetings, Anya is looking forward to meeting Spike, but we forgot to exchange numbers so I told her we would meet you and him at the Bronze. Was that ok?” she asked her girlfriend.

Willow grinned remembering exactly why they forgot to do that, “Mmm, yeah, I made the same arrangement with him. Eight o’clock ok with you guys?”

“Sounds good,” Tara replied, “And, if it looks like they’re getting along maybe you and me can go somewhere else and not play gooseberries, we never did get to finish our date.”

Willow heard her girlfriend laugh, it was a deep and throaty sound that tickled her ear, and she raised an eyebrow at the sound of it, “My, my, that’s a dirty giggle. The only reason we didn’t get to finish our date was that you got us all hot and bothered.”

Tara gave another laugh, “I don’t remember you complaining at the time!”

“No. No complaints here, ever, about spending that kind of time with you. I’m gonna miss you tonight, not that I take it for granted that I’ll be spending the night with you, cos that depends on what you want, and you might not want me there all time for that, and that’s ok, I always want to be there not just for that though, but I respect that if you don’t want me there all the time…but you do want me there don’t you?” Willow sighed, not really knowing where all that came from, but now it had she waited for Tara’s response.

The blonde had listened patiently even though she had wanted to interrupt she let Willow finish. Tara was slightly surprised by the underlying sentiments of Willow’s words. Did the gift of a key not tell her anything? She heard Willow sigh and she sighed too.

“Oh, sweetie, of course I want you here, why would you even doubt that?” Tara’s voice was soothing, “my bed feels empty without you, I always want you here, and not just for thaaat,” the blonde said stretching out the vowel sound and dropping her voice an octave.

Turning from her right side she stretched out on her back and transferred the phone to her right hand and curled her left arm under her head, “But, that is a pretty delicious reason for you being here.” Tara felt a wave of melancholy grip her, “God, Will, I’m gonna miss going to sleep with you in my arms, and it’s gonna be strange not having you here in the morning. It’s funny how I got used to that so quickly.”

Willow idly played with the hem of her shirt as she listened to her girlfriend allay her fears, she smiled as she pictured Tara lying on her bed instead of having to sit at her desk all upright and uncomfortable. Mmm…Tara, bed. I want to be there…

“I know, I’m gonna miss that too, I got used to it so quickly. What would we be doing if I was with you now?” Willow asked her in all innocence, but it wasn’t innocent thoughts that were in her mind.

“Hah, Rosenberg, you’re so transparent, we are not going to have phone sex, and I bet that’s why you got me this isn’t it? Tara asked with a loud chuckle. This should be fun…

Tara laughed heartily as Willow listed all the reasons why she thought it was time her girlfriend joined the communication revolution.

“I mean, for instance, you’re in town and you see something you think I would like but weren’t sure, you could ring or text, or even send me a photo and I can tell you yes or no. Imagine getting me something I wouldn’t like just because you weren’t able to check with me. Don’t you think that would be awful? Plus I could do the same if I see something you might like.”

Willow was on a roll now, and she took a breath and said, “And, what if you witness an accident and need to call 911, huh? You could save lives, you’d be a hero, imagine that baby, that’s a good reason for being all with the technology, and then when you’re back from class or work and you’re talking to your Mom or me or anyone else, isn’t it nice to know you can stretch out on your bed and be comfy, no-more sitting upright to talk. Ooh, what about the other morning when I called really, really early and you had to leave your nice warm bed to answer the phone, wouldn’t it have been better to stay where you were all cosy and snug?”

Tara had listened in disbelief at Willow’s enthusiastic but none too persuasive reasoning, and although her laughter had died down to a soft chuckle she couldn’t help but think how adorable her girlfriend was as she tried to clamber out of the hole she had dug. Oh Will, who are you trying to convince...I could be hero…comfy…no more sitting upright…you’re a naughty vixen and you know it…

Willow was feeling more than pleased with herself and lay on her bed with a huge smile on her face. She felt that Tara couldn’t fail to see the virtues of owning a cell phone now she had put her reasons for the gift in such a positive and naughty free way.

“Would I be a bad girlfriend if I said ‘liar, liar pants on fire’?” Tara said with a challenge and a flirt.

“Aw baby, you could never be a bad girlfriend, and yes, ok, there are other less innocent uses for a cellphone, and yes those uses did occur to me. What can I say, you bring out the beast in me,” Willow howled like a wolf for added effect and heard soft laughter in her ear and Tara calling her a nut, “and anyway, you’re the one who brought up phone sex, not me,” she said, and putting on her best sexy drawl she continued, “but, ya know if ya want me talk dirty to ya I will.”

-------------------------------------

The walk from the elevator to Faith’s apartment was a short one but it felt like the longest journey Buffy had taken.

Faith’s words played in a loop in her brain rendering her speechless, they made her dizzy, happy and nauseous all at the same time. I’m in a relationship, we, Faith and me, are in a relationship. It’s not just attraction, sex, some mad reaction to previous romantic disasters, it’s a freaking relationship. Shit, what do I do…Hi Mom, remember the person I met in library, I’d like you to meet her. Oh, God, the brat is going to have a field day…I don’t care, bring it on.

Buffy hadn’t heard the front door close, and she had only been dimly aware of being led to the bathroom so when Faith wiped her tear stained face with a warm washcloth she took a step back and grabbed at the brunettes wrist, “What are you doing?” she said in an almost whisper as she surfaced from her thoughts.

“I thought I’d clean you up a bit ya know,” Faith explained, but still Buffy looked confused, “before I kiss you” she clarified with a slight raise to her eyebrows and nod of her head.

“Oh… yeah… tears and snuffles,” Buffy sounded distracted, and she was. Brown eyes gazed at her, they were soft and kind and held a smile within their dark depths. She let go of Faith’s wrist and felt the movement of the warm damp cloth gently stroke away the tears from her eyes and face.

Faith reached for a fluffy white towel that hung beside the sink on a heated rail and with the same gentleness with which she washed her girlfriends face she dabbed it dry.

“Am I kissable now?” Buffy asked feeling a lot fresher and more focused.

“Always,” Faith answered with a whisper closing the small distance between them and leaning in to brush Buffy’s lips with her own.

The kiss was slow and searching. Almost like they were kissing for the first time, and Buffy tentatively wrapped her arms around Faith’s waist and pulled her closer. Hesitantly Faith brought her tongue into play and let it dance at the entrance to Buffy’s mouth. With a tremble that shook her body Faith’s hands found their way to Buffy’s shoulders and pulled her closer still.

The scent of cinnamon and spices assailed Buffy’s senses as she broke the kiss and buried her head in Faith’s raven locks to whisper in her ear.

“Take me to bed, I want to make love you with you.”

-------------------------------------------------

“How dirty can you talk Will?” Tara said as she felt the tone of their conversation change. Willow’s voice sounded so sexy that it sent a thrill through her, “Dirty enough that I’ll have to touch myself and wish it was you?”

Willow groaned and bit her lip as her body responded to Tara’s challenge, “If you keep talking like that it’ll be me that’s touching myself and wishing it was you.”

Tara smiled as her mind played out all the possibilities of how this evening would end, and as if on autopilot her hand slipped under her t-shirt and her stomach muscles tensed as her long fingers stroked circles around her navel, “Do it,” she growled, “let’s do it together.”

TBC

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Sun Jun 22, 2008 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 21st June 2008
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:17 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for dibsy goodness...

Extra big yay for great update-y goodness... Good that Willow and Tara thought about various uses for Tara's new phone... Faith/Buffy interaction was really nice...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:15 pm 
3. Flaming O

woah.... =o

and you had to do a cliffhanger..

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:36 am 
3. Flaming O

Hello, my dear --

I'm sorry! I've gotten a job and it takes up all my time. Alas! No time to puzzle over my new fic and make it work. Someday it will be ready. In any case, just enough time to poke my head in and see what's going on at the kitten, and imagine the thrill I got out of a QSM update.

That being said, I very much enjoyed it. F/B is quite romantic, and nice in their characters here, and W/T are as enjoyable in love as ever. Mmm... phone sex. Happy to be done with it, but my it can provide a thrill. :)

I'm gonna PM you about something when I grab the chance. Hope all is well.

M.

There's some more of my stuff over here: http://bonmot507.livejournal.com/

viewtopic.php?t=4929

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:57 am 
Amorous minds, sexual fantasies...and a cliffhanger?
No, that doesn't sound right so let us start that again...
Amorous minds, sexual fantasies and plenty of space for the thoughts rolling inside the subjective imagination (ah much better)

I just thought that it was good that there was development of the relationship between the couples rather than an insistence on the direct notion of pleasure as you aforementioned. When you actually took the pain to add that small babble on the benefits of having a cell phone at hand, it presented the couple in another light: it was more human-interaction based.

I love those nuances...

The same thing is applicable for the scene where Faith wipes away Buffy's tears; When Buffy actually wants to make love with her after that, it feels genuine. The B/F busy-city scene was much more descriptive and to juxtapose it once again with the calmness of W/T docile girlfriend talk was nice as an adopted writing style.

Sexual expression can be linked to both growth and blindness and I feel that the latter has been slowly replaced by the former as QSM unfolds – indirect stuff but still good stuff that has been applicable mostly for Faith and Buffy. Thank you for all that PtS

Vi'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 11:01 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

An intriguing role reversal than we normally see as Faith and Buffy are the adorable ones having lowered their defensive shields and are confessing that they love one another and being all respectful of each other's feeling what with Faith not wanting to kiss Buffy until she had cleaned her up.
The bad bad angel Tara has put the devil in Willow with her sussing out of why Willow broght her girlfriend into the digital age proving once again that the true test of when society has embraced a new technology is when they start using it for sex.
I hope the next chapter will be cumming soon as we are all poised in our chairs or comfortably stretched out our beds waiting for release.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 am 
5. Willowhand

taralicious:
Quote:
The bad bad angel Tara has put the devil in Willow with her sussing out of why Willow broght her girlfriend into the digital age proving once again that the true test of when society has embraced a new technology is when they start using it for sex.
I hope the next chapter will be cumming soon as we are all poised in our chairs or comfortably stretched out our beds waiting for release.

Couldn't have said it better myself ;-)

Natalie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:52 pm 
5. Willowhand

PTS in the howwwwwwwwwse! (And yes, I know "house" is spelled "house." Just trying to be ... hell, I don't know what I'm trying to be. Nerd? Yes, nerd.)

Is it strange that every. single. time I imagine Faith, I picture her wearing that outfit from Faith, Hope and Trick. You know, the dangly strands just above her cleavage. Good god.

Okay, I'm back.

Quote:
The unshed tears gave way to gravity and splashed to the ground like lonely rain.

Just... wow. And, well, beautiful. (So I guess not "just wow," huh?) I *felt* this. I *know* this. I'm almost kinda tearing up thinking about how well I know this. And with that simple sentence you really gave Buffy, and her relationship with Faith, some real depth. At least for me. You hit me with a lightning bolt of sentimental. Gosh.

Mmm... phone sex. Please tell me you'll pick this up where you so cliffhanger-y left us off. (And since you mentioned it... Mistress Tara, or even just booted Will or booted Tara... I don't care, just bring it on however you'd like.)

My heart's kinda overflowy with their mutual admittance of how quickly they became used to sleeping with each other. Also, you know, the phone sex.

My mind sounds one-tracked, but really, this heart...? All sappy and tender, and this is just really (still) one of the most endearing stories here that I've read.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:49 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey Kittens, I bring you Chapter 31, and I’ll apologise in advance for the lack of phone sex. Willow hadn’t charged the battery enough and Tara’s phone died just at the end of the previous chapter, leaving everyone high and dry – lol.

But there is a bit of B/F just to tide you over.

Replies first, then the goodies.

Zampsa1975 - Way to grab them dibs Sami!
Quote:
Faith/Buffy interaction was really nice...

More of them same comming up!

nothingtosay -
Quote:
and you had to do a cliffhanger..

Yeah. I hate them, don't you? ;-)

chance -
Quote:
just enough time to poke my head in and see what's going on at the kitten, and imagine the thrill I got out of a QSM update.

Next time you poke your head in, the next chapter is here. I hope my dialogue is up to scratch this time - lol

nimloth - Vi, my friend, as usual your feedback delights me and gives my little tale a depth it doesn't really strive for but seems to all the same. I hope you like the next update just as much.

taralicious -
Quote:

That Tara, she's bad to the bone, and she knows her girl so well:) And, it is true that we will use any new technology for purposes other than it's original intent - electric tootbrushes anyone?

amazon - I hope you're not too disappointed having waited this long for an update, but hopefully F/B will help release the tension.

katjetson - I've put a little disclaimer at the start of the next chapter just for you as there is another one of those freaky coincidences.

Quote:
Quote:
The unshed tears gave way to gravity and splashed to the ground like lonely rain.

Just... wow. And, well, beautiful. (So I guess not "just wow," huh?) I *felt* this. I *know* this. I'm almost kinda tearing up thinking about how well I know this. And with that simple sentence you really gave Buffy, and her relationship with Faith, some real depth. At least for me. You hit me with a lightning bolt of sentimental. Gosh.

That time of the month again? - lol

Seriously, though, your feedback always makes me smile, it's just so damn enthuastic and I really get a sense of your enjoyment through it, so thank you. Hope you enjoy the next chapter.

That thank you goes to all of you, by the way, anyhoo, on with the show!

Title: Quiet Saturday Mornings
Author: Paint the Sky
Rating: PG-13 - NC-17
Pairing: W/T
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers whatsoever. Oh, forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.
Note 1: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fics on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.
Note 2: Willow is drinking Corona with a slice of lime because that is my drink of choice at the moment and any similarity to her drinking habits in another fic (AAWG – if you haven’t read it, shame on you! Do it now, go! http://thekittenboard.com/board/viewtop ... c&start=30 ) is purely coincidental :)

Chapter 31

Crowds of Saturday night revellers took up much so much of the floor space at The Bronze that Willow wondered if it was the only place open for business that night.

The heat and the noise almost knocked her off her feet as she and Spike pushed their way to the bar. The crowd parted as Spike led the way with Willow trailing in his wake. He certainly had a presence, Willow mused as she watched the sweep of his black leather duster almost brush people from his path.

“What do want to drink, Red?” Spike asked in loud voice as they reached the bar, elbowing his way in and making a space for Willow.

“Ooh, um, beer…Corona with a slice of lime,” Willow decided as she peered over the counter and looked into the chiller cabinets facing her.

“Sounds good, I think I’ll join you. Are you sure this Anya bird will be here?” he asked drumming on the bar top in time to the band that rocked on the small stage.

“Yep, Tara’s bringing her. Don’t tell me big bad Spike is worried he’ll get stood up?” Willow teased and slapped him on the arm for added effect.

Spike was about to answer when the bartender arrived and asked for their order with a nod of his head.

“Two Corona, mate, and make sure they’re cold ones,” he told the bartender, turning to Willow he said “I feel like I’m gonna burst into flames it’s so damn hot in here.”

Willow nodded in agreement and suggested he take off his coat and check it in at the cloakroom.

“You’ve got to be bloody joking, I don’t leave this anywhere I can’t see it, people would kill for a coat like this,” he rolled his shoulders and wiped imaginary dust from the shiny black lapels.

Willow wanted to laugh, but Spike seemed so serious about his coat that she let it go, “Drinks,” she said pointing to the bartender who had set the two bottles on the bar and stood with his hand out awaiting payment.

Spike pulled a ten dollar bill from the pocket of his tight black jeans and slapped it into the bartenders hand just before Willow grabbed at his arm and pointed in the direction of the door.

“There they are, look,” the redhead said with a giddiness that reminded Spike of an excited child at Christmas who has seen their presents for the first time.

Spike looked in the direction of Willow’s excitement and cast a discerning eye over the girl his companion was pointing at. His expression was one of approval as he watched her walk through the crowd, her head moving from side to side as she scanned the room for looking for him and Willow.

Willow was now bouncing up and down on the spot waving for all she was worth to attract the attention of his date and her girlfriend, and she almost melted on the spot when she finally made eye-contact with lover and was rewarded with a lopsided grin that blossomed into a full-on one hundred watt smile.

“That’s one fit bird you’ve bagged for me Red, blonde, bountiful,” he said as his hands rose to chest level in a universal gesture that made Willow narrow her eyes and shoot imaginary daggers at him. He licked his lips, “And that smile, a real winner” he nodded, “yours isn’t bad either, a bit on the skinny side though.”

“Hey!” scowled Willow and punched him on the arm, “that’s Tara, she’s mine, well, not mine in the owning sense, but mine in the girlfriend sense, the skinny one, she yours, and put your hands down, you’re not allowed to pretend-weigh Tara’s boobs. Gawd, you’re disgusting,” she said glaring at Spike.

Spike just shrugged and lifted the beers from the bar and pocketed the change that was sitting beside it. He handed a beer to Willow and gave her a cheeky grin, “What’s the bint’s name again, Tanya isn’t it?”

“It’s Anya,” Willow said with a sigh of frustration as Spike raised a scarred eyebrow in amusement, “how many times do I need to tell you that, and what the hell is a bint?” she asked loudly as Tara and Anya finally reached them.

“Oh, I know,” chirped Anya, “it’s a derogatory term for a girl or women, not as bad as bitch, and it can be used affectionately, but most times not.”

Willow looked at Anya with knitted brows and wondered if Tara’s friend knew that she was the bint in question, but it was a fleeting thought as Tara leaned in and hugged her, with a soft kiss to her cheek her lover faced her with a loving smile, “Hi, sweetie, I missed you.”

Willow followed suit and hugged her girlfriend to her with a caress to Tara’s cheek, “I missed you too baby, and I’ll show you just how much later,” the redhead whispered in her girlfriends ear.

With a blush Tara pulled away and motioned with her eyes and incline of her head to Anya and Spike, Willow looked confused for just a second and then realised that they had completely ignored their companions who were watching them with patient indulgence.

“Oops, sorry,” apologised Willow extricating herself reluctantly from Tara’s embrace, “um, Spike this is my girlfriend Tara, and her friend,” she indicated with her hand, palm-up, “Anya. This is Spike,” she said indicating the bleach blonde who was now reaching out to shake hands with Tara and Anya.

“Spike?” questioned Anya as she shook hands with him, and before he could answer her, he heard a laugh coming from the redhead beside him.

“Or you can call him William,” chuckled Willow, before leaning in to whisper in Spikes ear, “that’ll teach you to ogle my girlfriend,” her sweet tones carried a hint of protectiveness that was not lost on him.

He pursed his lips as he gave Willow a dirty look that was quickly replaced with a grin as he saw Willow slip her hand into Tara’s and give it a comforting squeeze.

“It’s Spike,” he told Anya emphatically so as to remove any confusion over his epithet, “and it’s a pleasure to meet you. So, Anya, Tara, what’s your poison?” he asked pointing to his Corona.

“There are many to choose from, and each has its attributes, but my preference would be arsenic, it can be administered in small doses so that toxicity builds up and eventually kills the victim. I could be in the next state before they die” Anya said with a cheery smile completely oblivious to the shocked expressions of Willow and Tara, and the ‘what the fuck’ look Spike was giving her.

Willow nudged her girlfriend to attract her attention and when Tara turned her face to her Willow put her index finger up to her temple and moved it in a circular motion, and mouthed, “She’s crazy, and scary.”

Tara nodded, and though she was used to Anya and her eccentric ways, this was even a little out there for her. Feeling a sudden need for alcohol she reached for Willow’s beer and downed the half of it wondering if Anya was going to scare Spike off before the date even began.

Spike, on the other hand, eventually burst out laughing, “I like your style, but I meant what would you like to drink?”

“I was being literal again wasn’t I?” she turned to Tara, “I thought we agreed you would stop me doing that?” she complained good-humouredly to her best friend.

Tara gave Anya a smile and said with fondness and total honesty, “Its part of your charm, don’t ever change.” Although, you could tone it down a bit.

Willow could only think her girlfriend was nuts, in the brief times she had encountered Anya she had formed the impression that the girl in question was a bona-fide, one hundred percent, twenty four carat fruit-loop, and now there was possible psychotic tendencies to add to the mix. Feeling very sure of her assessment, she stood closer to Tara and slipped her arm around her lover’s waist needing the comfort that contact with Tara brought her, it’s not just because Anya scares me, she told herself bravely.

“Thank you,Tara, I think it’s charming too,” Anya said with satisfaction, “Spike, I would like something with a kick, why don’t you decide, that way I can see how generous you are.”

Spike laughed aloud again and winked at her, “That can work both ways, love. Tara, is beer okay for you?” He registered Tara’s nod and turned to lean on the bar and trying to attract the attention of the bartender who was busy with thirsty customers demanding his service, so he missed the broad grin on Anya’s face that said she wouldn’t mind a little quid pro quo.

Tara felt that Anya and Spike were getting along just nicely thank you, and when Anya smiled and gave her a ‘thumbs up’, she began counting the minutes until she and Willow could make their excuses and leave.

“He’s very handsome isn’t he, and I really like that bad boy look. I think this evening could turn out to be successful, so I think you and Willow could leave. Go. Go now if you want,” Anya encouraged with a wave of her hand toward the exit.

“Are you sure? Because, you know, we could stay a little longer just in case…ow! Sorry, cramp, damn,” Tara glared at Willow who smiled sweetly ignoring the fact she had kicked her girl’s ankle to shut her up. Tara’s glare morphed into mock annoyance when she felt Willow’s hand surreptitiously rub over the swell of her ass, “Well, if you’re sure,” she said smiling when she felt a gentle pinch on her right buttock, “um, sweetie, do you want to go?” she addressed the ‘oh so innocent but not’ redhead.

“You don’t think it would be rude? I mean is there not some sort of protocol involved when introducing people. Shouldn’t we stay just a little bit longer?” Willow said keeping the tease in her voice to a minimum, “Ow! Damn, that cramp is contagious.”

This time Tara smiled sweetly, and she leaned in so only Willow could hear and said, “Payback’s a bitch, isn’t it sweetie?”

Anya watched this exchange with total amusement, “Oh, please, like you two want to be here anyway. You think I don’t know that you two want to be all naked and sweaty with the gay-type love and faux penises. Tara said you are going dancing, and unless dancing is a euphemism for lesbian sex, I doubt you’ll get any further than the nearest alleyway.”

“What, what…” Willow spluttered, “We do not use faux penises, and as for alleyways, well, that might be your style, but I’m not that kind of girl. Jeez, you’re worse than Spike. In fact, I think you’re both very suited to each other… a match made in hell! Tara, baby, can we go now, the beer is making my stomach all acidity.” For good measure she glared at Anya making it perfectly clear that it wasn’t really the beer that made her stomach clench.

Tara wondered briefly if they should consider ‘faux penises’, but quickly decided that Anya’s anatomically correct terminology had made it sound slightly squicky, so she put that though firmly to the back of her mind. Only until she forgot Anya’s words she told herself with a smile. Willow’s narrowed eye look hadn’t gone un-noticed by the blonde either despite her wandering thoughts, “Yes, sweetie, we can go. Say goodnight to Spike first though, and cancel my beer, okay?”

“Okay,” said Willow moving over to the bar to talk to Spike.

Tara let her move off and then fixed her attention on Anya, “Monday. You and I will be having a conversation about what’s acceptable and what isn’t where Will’s concerned. And, if you don’t play nice, me and the pricing gun are gonna have some fun marking everything down by ten percent. See ya!”

Anya was so horrified at Tara’s threat to cut her profit margin she didn’t see the playful smirk on the blondes face as Tara tuned away from her and went to Willow and Spike.

--------------------------------------

“Do you think we should get out of bed? We have been here almost twelve hours, not counting comfort breaks, and I think I’m getting bed sores,” said a very naked and happy Buffy Summers.

“Tell me were you’re sore and I’ll kiss you better,” said Faith in a sultry voice that made Buffy shiver, “are you sore here?” she asked with a kiss to Buffy’s collar bone, “or here?” her lips puckering to kiss soft skin at the base of the blonde’s throat, “here?” kiss, “or here?”

“Oh God, yes, there,” groaned Buffy as Faith’s lips closed around her erect nipple, “sore, so very, very sore,” she groaned again holding Faith by her tousled and tangled hair and pulling her tight against her breast.

Buffy had been somewhere between cloud nine and heaven since Faith had said ‘I think I love you too’. They had made love and talked and made love some more. At times, it had been gentle with caresses and words as light as summer rains that soaked into the parched ground of her heart and made it swell with emotions unknown to her before. At others, her overwhelming need for Faith brought out a rawness that she had only glimpsed.

However, it had been the quiet conversation in the dead of night, cocooned in the darkness that had the most impact on her soul. Wrapped up in the blankets and lying in each other’s arms they had exchanged confidences and kisses in equal measure until the sun peeked in the window to cast a soft haze upon their pillow.

Lost as she was in her thoughts Buffy hadn’t really registered the slow lazy movement of Faith’s mouth. Soft wet kisses slid over warm skin leaving a glistening trail of love in their wake, and questing hands pushed smooth thighs apart opening Buffy to admit the artful tongue of her lover.

Buffy cried out as Faith’s tongue delved and swirled in her folds, circling her clit before latching on with her lips and pulling the hard bundle of nerves into her warm mouth and holding it there with enough suction that her tongue came into play again with a series of flicks that resulted in Buffy’s hips shooting into the air, “Oh, fuck me,” she groaned when Faith entered her with two fingers.

Faith quickly shifted onto her knees, and looked down at her prone lover as she pushed and writhed on her questing fingers.

“You’re fucking beautiful, B,” she said, her voice cracking with emotion.

Buffy tensed as the first spark of orgasm flared within her. She held her breath not wanting to go over the edge, just wanting to be held on the precipice of pleasure forever.

Faith felt the tightness around her fingers and quickened her thrusts, “Come for me Buffy, let it go.”

Hovering between conscious thought and complete oblivion Buffy heard Faith say her name in full. It became the catalyst that made the spark a flame. Blood roared and coursed through her body, her hips ground down hard against Faith’s fingers, taking them deep inside.

Faith pushed harder and angled her thumb to give friction to Buffy’s clit that stood proud and pink from intense arousal. She fell forward and captured an erect nipple between moist lips sucking and nipping at the hard pebbled nub as Buffy’s pelvis rocked against her hand.

Incoherent sounds issued from Buffy’s parched throat and the vibration shook her body as the last vestiges of her orgasm dissipated. With a soft moan she relaxed her limbs and lay limp beneath her lover who remained inside her, “You said my name,” Buffy told her in a voice that was barely a whisper.

Faith gave a throaty laugh that tickled Buffy’s nipple, “I guess that means I love you, B.”

“I guess I love you too…F”

------------------------------------------------

On the way to the Stiff Kitten Tara had apologised for Anya’s behaviour and explained that her friend was actually quite sweet when you got to know her. Willow wasn’t convinced but told her girlfriend that she would try better to get along with Anya.

“After all,” she said, “if you like her she must have some redeeming qualities. Maybe she’s like food that you don’t initially like, ya know, like broccoli or lima beans, and then the more you have to eat them the more you get used to them. She’s an acquired taste. I just have to get used to the taste of her.”

Though Tara understood Willow’s analogy and thought it incredibly cute, something within her didn’t like the sound of her girlfriend getting used to the taste of anyone but her. It was irrational, she knew that, but the thought of Willow with anyone but herself made Tara feel incredibly jealous.

Suddenly, and without warning, Willow was pulled into the nearest shop doorway by a very determined Tara who had barely pushed her girlfriend against the metal shutter of the doorway before unleashing the mother of all kisses on her.

Willow was breathless, lightheaded, disorientated and confused as Tara plundered her mouth with an incessant tongue, but that didn’t stop her enjoying the sensation. Tara-lips and Tara-tongue for whatever reason was just fine and dandy with her, and when she felt Tara-thigh pressing against her groin Willow groaned loudly and pushed her hips forwards and wrapped her arms around her lover’s waist.

Tara heard and felt Willow’s groan and she pulled her needy mouth away from the warm sweet lips that she would never tire of kissing and latched onto her lover’s neck sucking and nipping, wanting to leave a mark that told the world Willow was hers.

“Oh, God, Tara, that feels so good, but we need to stop,” Willow said with a reluctant sigh as Tara’s tongue soothed her burning flesh with long flat strokes.

“I know,” Tara mumbled still caressing the mark she surely had left, “I love you, Willow, and I don’t want you tasting anyone but me.”

“What?” Willow said half laughing at the surreal nature of Tara’s words.

Tara let out a long groan and started laughing, “I said that last part out loud didn’t I?” The blonde raised her head, stood straight and put both her hands on the redheads shoulders. She looked directly at Willow and said firmly “I don’t want you tasting anyone but me.”

In the dim light of the doorway Willow could see the seriousness in Tara’s eyes and the total conviction of her words sent a quiver down her spine.

“You’re jealous,” Willow said as a grin broadened into a wide smile, “I don’t think I’ve ever made anyone feel jealous before. I kinda like it.”

“I didn’t think I was the jealous type, but when you talked about Anya like that, something just snapped, ya know. Oh God, Will, just the thought of you with someone else…” Tara said trailing off not really knowing how to finish her sentence, and feeling foolish for over-reacting to a nothing statement in the first place.

Willow smiled at her lovingly and reached up to push a strand of hair behind Tara’s ear, her fingertips tickling slightly, but enough, to make the blonde smile too.

“I don’t want anyone else, ever. I love you, and there’s nothing and no-one that’ll ever make me feel the way you do,” Willow said with complete honesty, and her heart gave a little flip-flop as Tara leaned forward to kiss her again, “not even Faith’s bare naked boobies.”

Willow dissolved into giggles as Tara pulled back and gave her an icy stare, and Willow was suddenly gripped with the notion that she shouldn’t have said anything about anyone’s boobs. So much for lightening the mood, Willow thought looking for the ladder to get out of the hole she had dug for herself. She placed her hands on Tara’s waist and stroked her thumbs back and forth looking for and offering comfort in the small movements.

“I didn’t look, honest, baby,” Willow said her mirth leaving her rapidly as Tara’s eyes narrowed, nervously she continued, “it was just for a second, a nano-second, less even. They barely registered on my retinas.”

The redhead chewed on her bottom lip, her eyes full of apologies sitting in a hangdog expression.

Tara placed her hands over Willow’s wrists and held them tightly, she felt the pulse under her fingers, erratic little jumps that told her exactly what her girlfriend was feeling. Tara pursed her lips, to tamp down the quirky half smile that threatened to tell Willow too much, and she pulled Willow’s hands from her waist. Tara could see the confusion on her lover’s face, and with a quick upward movement she raised both their arms’ over Willow’s head. Her jealousy, that had flared so quickly, died away in the same manner, and now she wanted to have a little fun, make her lover feel the way she had.

The redhead gasped as her wrists where pinned against the metal shutter, fear and excitement jostled for pole position, not quite knowing where Tara was going with this.

You made her angry, doofus. Don’t tell her she’s beautiful when she’s angry, just shut up now, don’t make it worse. Fuck, she’s damn sexy…

Tara moved in closer, Willow could feel hot breath breeze across her lips, her pulse raced and Tara’s grip on her wrists tightened again in response. Her heartbeat practically tripled when Tara pushed her thigh between her legs.

“You didn’t look, huh?” Tara asked, punctuating her question with a bump of her hips. Her tone was demanding and it got Willow’s full attention, and an answer.

“No.”

“I would have,” Tara said quite seriously, smirking at the look of disbelief that was quickly becoming a scowl Willow’s face, “does that make you jealous?”

She didn’t give Willow time to answer, Willow didn’t even have time to think as Tara captured her lips in a kiss that broke through all of her confusion as she felt a smile play against her mouth before Tara slipped her tongue in to claim her girlfriend once again.

“Jeez, girlies, get a room.”

A familiar voice resounded in the cosy space of the doorway making a very flustered Willow and Tara pull apart and turn their heads sharply in the direction of the laughter that followed the comment.

Tara coughed and spluttered, and Willow blushed a bright a red as they saw Buffy and Faith on the sidewalk.

“Um…Tara, hands,” Willow said quietly and flicked her eyes upwards at where her lover still had her wrists pinned.

“Sorry. Oh, shit, we are so busted,” she whispered freeing Willow’s wrists from her grip and moving away.

Buffy was still sniggering at catching her friends in flagrante, and Faith just gave them a look of total approval.

“Way to go, Blondie, I never knew you had it in you, and here I always though Red would be the dominant one” she said, making both Willow and Tara blush even more.

Willow looked at Tara and mouthed ‘trust me’, and then smiled somewhat impishly, “This is entirely your fault, you know,” she said directing an accusing gaze at the brunette.

“My fault? How the hell is it my fault you two can’t keep it in your pants,” Faith said with a touch of indignance and confusion.

Willow took Tara’s hand, squeezing it before letting go and walking to where Faith and Buffy stood, “Yeah, your fault. You showed me your boobies.”

There was total silence as Buffy’s sniggering ceased, and Willow gave Faith a wink before turning to Tara who was casually leaning against the shutter watching her girl at work.

“C’mon, baby, let’s boogie,” she said innocently, holding her hand out to Tara.

“When the hell did Willow see your tits?”

As they both walked away they couldn’t help but smile as Buffy’s voice echoed in the quiet street.

TBC

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 19th July 2008
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:31 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Liked Anya's answer to Spike's question "What's your poison?"... Typical Anya... Tara's comment about taking her pricing gun and make everything 10% off make me laught out loud...

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:43 pm 
5. Willowhand

{{clinking our Coronas together}}

Hello, my friend. Don't think I haven't thoroughly enjoyed the finale of your Writer's Block mistressing story, it's just... I've been a little sick and a lotta busy. I just couldn't let this one, er... slip and slide away without a response.

Our girls (both sets) have become way comfortable with each other, no? I mean, yes. Yes, totally comfortable. I've come out of reading this update (like all your others) with a sly grin on my face and filled with great joy. Complete adorableness mixed with utter sexiness. Go you for creating it! And go me for getting to sink my teeth in (ooh, fun!) and enjoy it.

And also, Anya and Spike having a drink together... We all know what that means. They'll be effin' like bunnies... Okay, maybe not bunnies, but, you know, things that like to have sex a lot.

And in conclusion -- jealous Tara. I have a thing for her. ("You thought Dracula was sexy?") As for Faith's ta-tas... ohgod, I totally woulda looked. And taken a photo. Perhaps drawn a pretty picture?

Mistress Tara on the brain. Going now. *

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:38 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Anya's literal answer to Spike's question was the quality that made her such a memorable character in the t.v. series and her penchant for out of the ballpark answers in print keeps them guessing just as frequently.
Just when you think you have all the answers, Anya goes and changes all the questions.
Faith must be a closet ABBA fan as her decision to take a chance on Buffy as quicker than you can say Mamma Mia Faith has unguardedly named Buffy which, in that one act, reveals that she is committed to her blonde partner.
Words or the variant uses of phrases which have double meanings ascribed to them seem to be getting all concerned parties into sinkhole sized trouble.
The phrase "getting used to the taste of it" when describing an aversion to certain foods is quite harmless but apply the same phrase to people and then Hello Cedar Rapids, you are swept up in the tidal wave of floodwaters drowning any possible salvation.
Tara's azure eyes flash with the emerald hue of jealousy and proclaims "ain't no one tasting you but me, Willow."
After these many years, it really does come back to the words of the late George Carlin, who said that he couldn't believe that tits was one of the Seven Dirty Words... because it sounded like a snack. Yes i know it is but I'm talking about new from Nabisco Cheese Tits, Sesame Tits, Pizza Tits, Tater Tits.
Bet neither Willow nor Tara can eat just one.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:36 am 
3. Flaming O

First of all, sorry about being a lazy feedbacker. I've read every update you've sent but haven't left any feedback, bad me! I still do like every bit of this story though. Reading this story always improves my mood. Thank you for that.

When it comes to the last update, both W/T and B/F are getting more and more comfortable with each other and it's one of things that make this story so heart-warming (isn't it kind of the point of this story anyway?). Even Tara being jealous is endearing.

I did wonder one thing though, how did BF did get out of bed after twelwe hours just in time to interrupt our girls? The Universe itself is telling them to 'get a room'? :)

Anya's is funny again with being literal and caring about her profit margin. That really made me laugh. I do hope she and Spike get along.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:36 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh yes, much goodness going on. I do love your Anya. Even in this world, she has retained her quirkiness that made me love her on the show. Just perfectly done, and it does seem she and Spike hit it off well.

Buffy and Faith goodness abounds, and with 12 hours in bed with the hot and heavy stuff...damn. Seems they have a bit of slayer stamina going for them. That was steamy and sweet with the words of love.

And the Willow and Tara goodness...oh my, I do love the jealous streak in our girls. Faith's boobs, hey, who wouldn't look. I imagine they're round, full, firm and tanned, with dark gumdrop size peaks. Very happy visuals.

Can't wait to see what's next.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 am 
Introducing Anya's forthrightness in your fic not only dipped in a hefty dose of humorous instances but I was also instantly revelling in the expression of my own lightness alongside the characters...Such as it has been for your fic PtS...I had certainly not been anticipating this form of Willow-babble :lmao :

Quote:
...''if you like her she must have some redeeming qualities. Maybe she’s like food that you don’t initially like, ya know, like broccoli or lima beans, and then the more you have to eat them the more you get used to them. She's an acquired taste. I just have to get used to the taste of her.''

In any case, it was an ingenious analogy and I had a really really really good laugh over it!

I believe this is the first time that we have read on the disseminations of a burgeoning heterosexual relationship in QSM. Apart from the frankly humorous touches that are so delightfully provided by these four in this opening scene, it was also nice to phase out the different specialness present in all of those love relationships. ''A bint?'' ...now that's a new word I have learnt; thank you for that ^^. Anya and Spike do make a much more interesting couple than the Xander-An one if we take into consideration their complementing manners of speaking - verbalisations that would have taken an abhorrent stance had they not already been consumed by the cannon aspect of who the characters are in reality.

And so we come to more and more of Buffy-Faith lovemaking...right into what I should call poetic crudity. Less illusory and more earthy. Specifically so because Faith's sexual interplay shows how she genuinely cares about Buffy’s interests and needs. Informally. In a sense, it explores the real facet of the capability to love rather than toying around the idea of mushiness, which I frankly love in the QSM setting.

Determined-Tara, as for her,is quite fascinating to watch, or in our case, imagine. That is because I liked the neutrality involved in Willow's fear when her hands were pinned above her head. It had the effect of a bulletproof vest faced with Tara's intimidating position thereby channelling the excitement of that scene towards gaining entry into her mind.

But...now that Buffy and Faith have spent their glorious twelve hours together in bed, does this mean we'll be treated to an equally glorious twelve hour Willow-Tara delicacy in your next chapter? It's bound to be multi-dimensionally explorative, of that I am sure and I look forward to reading it.

Thank you for Chapter 31 :)

Vi'

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:31 am 
3. Flaming O

I almost forget what a joy it is to read this fic, so light, uncomplicated, fun, and totally unangsty! Love the banter between the characters however, and just because the mood is mostly ligt, doesn't make your characters any less realistic. Yay for Buffy and Faith getting to the softer parts of their relationship, and for Willow and Tara to get to the bit more kinky sides.. Awesome!

Quote:
Tara-lips and Tara-tongue for whatever reason was just fine and dandy with her

Loved the way you used the word "dandy" here by the way, love that word!

Thank you for another wonderful update!

Fly forever free,
-Nenyath

~The Show Must Go On by Queen

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:15 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey there,

Just caught up with this story and wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. The banter is done especially well. I laughed out loud during the entire sidewalk exchange with the passing of the jealousy bug. I loved how quickly Tara switched from jealous to playful. Very entertaining!

Thanks for sharing!

-L

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:43 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved how Willow got Faith into semi-trouble with Buffy. I also like the way you write Anya, its very funny,

Keep the updates coming.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:51 am 
12. Recently Gay

Hey lovely patient kitten like people :wave

Sorry I haven't an update for you, I just can't seem to get words on the screen just now, so it's going to be a little while longer to wait.

I'm just popping in to say thank you to all of you who are reading or have read this, and leave replies to the feedback recieved.

Zampsa1975- Hey Sami, I'm pleased you liked Anya, she is fun to write and I love the off the wall responses she gave on the show, so I really hope it worked for you here.

katjetson -
Quote:
Don't think I haven't thoroughly enjoyed the finale of your Writer's Block mistressing story, it's just... I've been a little sick and a lotta busy. I just couldn't let this one, er... slip and slide away without a response.

I hope you are feeling better now, and have more free time, but despite the opposite at the time, thank you for taking the trouble to feedback. As always it was a pleasure to read.

Quote:
Our girls (both sets) have become way comfortable with each other, no? I mean, yes. Yes, totally comfortable.

I wanted them comfortable, and thankfully it seemed to work out ok. I had been tempted to give B/F an angsty time, with W/T coming to the rescue and knocking their stubborn heads together, but I'll leave the drama to better writers.

Quote:
And in conclusion -- jealous Tara. I have a thing for her. ("You thought Dracula was sexy?") As for Faith's ta-tas... ohgod, I totally woulda looked. And taken a photo. Perhaps drawn a pretty picture?

I'm right there with you, sista, on both counts - lol.

taralicious -
Quote:
Just when you think you have all the answers, Anya goes and changes all the questions.

I loved Anya. Just that ability to leave everyone open mouth and thinking :wtf She should be made a role model for everyone that pussyfoots around the truth.

Quote:
Tara's azure eyes flash with the emerald hue of jealousy and proclaims "ain't no one tasting you but me, Willow."

I wish I had written that.

PolarBear -
Quote:
I did wonder one thing though, how did BF did get out of bed after twelwe hours just in time to interrupt our girls?

Yeah? Me too - lol. Um...that is a good point. W/T were meeting at the bronze at eight, and if we say Buffy went to Faith's at about 6ish on the Friday, they could have their 12 hours,plus time to get ready and catch Willow and Tara in the doorway. Or it could be that i made a little boob, and I will take it as a sign to take more care in future;-)

wimpy0729 -
Quote:
Faith's boobs, hey, who wouldn't look. I imagine they're round, full, firm and tanned, with dark gumdrop size peaks. Very happy visuals.

:drool :thud

You may have said other nice things too ;-)

nimloth -
Quote:
I believe this is the first time that we have read on the disseminations of a burgeoning heterosexual relationship in QSM.

I liked Anya and Spike in cannon, and given their similar backgrounds as former evil-doers I always thought they were well matched too.

Quote:
And so we come to more and more of Buffy-Faith lovemaking...right into what I should call poetic crudity.

Yeah! That's right, poetic crudity, not smut - lol. I'm not sure if Willow and Tara will get a 12 hour session next chapter or not. If my muse ever comes back I'll talk sweetly to her and tell her Vi wants some lovin'.

Nenyath -
Quote:
I almost forget what a joy it is to read this fic, so light, uncomplicated, fun, and totally unangsty!

By the time I get the next update done you might have forgotten completely!

But, seriously, thank you for your comments, it means a lot that people are enjoying all of this so much.

ophelia11 - Welcome to my fic, I'm pleased you are enjoying it, and that it made it you laugh. Also, thank you for taking time to say so.

love_2003 - another Anya lover. I must be doing something right with her as people seem to enjoy her presence in the story. Thanks for feedbacking, and I will try and do some writing and keep the updates coming.

Thank you to everyone who is reading, going by the view count there are quite a few of you and I'm still very stoked that so much attention is directed this way.

[center] :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap [/center]

That's a round, well, line of applause for all you kittens from me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:08 am 
12. Recently Gay

Title: Quiet Saturday Mornings
Author: Paint the Sky
Rating: PG-13 - NC-17
Pairing: W/T
Disclaimer: AU. No spoilers, whatsoever. Oh, almost forgot to add that I don’t own any of the characters in BTVS, I’m only playing with them.
Summary: Shy, newly gay Willow Rosenberg and her first venture into love with an equally shy blonde.
Note: This is my first attempt at any kind of fiction since I left school many, many moons ago. After a long time reading the fics on this site and others I thought why the hell not, give it a whirl, try it on for size and all that.

Chapter 32

Willow looked across at her beautiful, but, sleeping blonde lover and sighed deeply. Shifting in her narrow seat, she tuned her upper body towards Tara’s slumped form and rested her head on her lover’s shoulder.

They were one hour into their two hour and ten minute flight to Portland, and Tara had dozed off thirty minutes in lulled by the drone of engines and exhausted by the all- nighter she had pulled to get the last of her assignments finished.

Willow got herself as comfortable as she could despite the economy class seating and lack of legroom and just enjoyed the closeness and contact with her girl, even if she was asleep.

They hadn’t spent much time together since Willow had reluctantly left her lover’s bed on Sunday morning. They both had assignments and projects to catch-up on, and as much as they had enjoyed their first week together, schoolwork that had been put on hold, forgotten and neglected in preference to more romantic pursuits, now took precedence.

Two days of classes, homework, jobs and very late nights had left little time for Willow and Tara to see each other. Any contact was of the hit and run variety with quick meetings for coffee when their schedules allowed, heartrending texts and rushed ‘I love you’s and ‘god, I miss you’, never mind the whole ‘I can’t sleep without you’ phone calls late at night.

The next five days would be the payoff for all the heartache they had endured.

Willow couldn’t believe her luck when she had managed to book on the same flight as Tara. When she had agreed to go home with her girl, she thought she would have take another flight and meet up in Portland before heading to Cannon Beach and, luckier still, the airline they were flying with didn’t allocate seat numbers which meant they got to sit together.

The only worry in Willow’s mind now was meeting Tara’s Mom. She hoped she wouldn’t totally spazz out, her very vivid memory of that early morning phone call was enough to send a shiver down her spine, and despite Tara’s assurances she still feared a shotgun totin’ Mama greeting her on the porch.

Tara had told Willow how her Mom had struggled to bring up her and her brother, Donnie, after the divorce from her Dad. Willow had listened quietly as Tara told her tearfully how as a six year old her Dad had kissed her goodbye with tears in his eyes.

Oh, she hadn’t understood then that it was for the best. Children never do, she had said with a smile, but as time went by things got easier, and her Mom did everything she could to make sure her and Donnie were happy and loved. Her Dad, Steve, was now living in Boston, and although neither she nor Donnie had seen much of him since he left, regular phone calls, and letters had helped build a relationship with him.

Willow smiled at the memory and pictured Tara in her arms, after the first time they had made love, when she had told her about her childhood and her Mom.

Willow had told Tara she envied her, that despite her Mom and Dad being together, it sounded as her lover had a better childhood than she did.

Willow would have liked nothing better than baking cookies and finger painting with her Mom, but instead, she told Tara, Sheila and Ira were too busy building careers and reputations. Yes, it had brought a certain wealth and a comfortable trouble free childhood for their only daughter, but it was all at a cost that no amount of money could put right.

Even now, they were in San Francisco, doing what they do best, and for the first time Willow was grateful that they had appeased their guilt in their usual manner.

Money.

At least this time it was put to a good cause. And to Willow’s delight that good cause was waking up.

“Sorry, sweetie, I kinda snoozed, didn’t I?” Tara said with a sleepy grin.

“It’s ok, I like watching you sleep, you look so sweet and innocent,” she smiled and placed a kiss on Tara’s shoulder, “but, we both know that isn’t always the case.”

Tara laughed softly and turned in her seat to face Willow, “Whatever could you mean, Miss Rosenberg?”

Willow gazed into incredibly blue eyes and blushed deeply as a not so innocent, but always sweet, Tara came to mind, “Well, Saturday night for one, and Sunday morning. You’re not so innocent, Miss Maclay.”

“Mmm, yeah,” Tara drawled, remembering the weekend, “God, we haven’t made love since then, and I don’t know about you sweetie, but self-love just doesn’t cut the mustard anymore.”

“Do you think your Mom will make me stay in the guest room?” Willow asked, her voice a whisper, “I don’t think I can go another night without holding you in my arms.”

“You won’t want have to, even if I have to sneak across the landing, we’ll be holding each other tonight,” Tara said with total conviction.

Willow reached up and stroked her hand over Tara’s hair and gave her a sad smile, “No, I can’t let you do that, baby. As much as I want you in my arms, it’s your Mom’s house, so we have to respect her wishes. I’m in this for the long haul, and I want your Mom to like me, and after that embarrassing phone call, I feel like I have something to make up for.”

---------------------------------

“C’mon, Will, Bessie is waiting for us,” Tara said as the exited the airport building to emerge in a large parking lot.

Willow shivered as the cold November air chilled her, and a fine mizzle of rain coated her hair and face.

Looking around Willow could see no-one waiting, but Tara kept walking towards the cars that were parked row upon row, and the redhead followed gamely, shucking her large back-pack up on her shoulders every few steps, hoping wherever Bessie was it wasn’t too far.

Tara stopped walking after a minute or so, and when Willow caught up with her, the blonde gave a wide a smile and said “There she is, Will, isn’t she beautiful?”

“Um, baby, it could be the lack of sleep and all, but I don’t see anyone,” Willow said confused, looking everywhere for someone who looked like a Bessie.

“That’s Bessie,” Tara said affectionately, pointing to a beat up VW camper van that set in all its rusting glory among the suv’s and sedans.

Sitting proudly on four relatively new tyres was a hand decorated, painted flower adorned, formerly red, Hippy Mobile.

“Oh, that’s Bessie. She’s, er, yeah, beautiful. Very summer of love, in a rusty throw-back kinda of a way,” Willow said, bemused at the look of adoration on her girlfriend’s face for the anachronistic vehicle.

“Ok, so she’s not much to look at, but she’s Bessie, and I know you’ll grow to love her the way I do,” Tara said with pride, “She’s always been part of my life. I played in her as a kid, cried in her, told her all my hopes and dreams, learned to drive in her, and had my first kiss in her. She holds all my memories, good and bad,” she said in a reverent tone.

Willow slipped her hand into Tara’s and gave it squeeze. Smiling, Willow said, “You’re right, baby, she is beautiful. Just like you.”

Tara blew out a long stream of air, clearing her head of the emotions that were gathering and threatening teary eyes, “Ready to go home, sweetie?”

“Yeah, home sounds good,” Willow answered croakily, she too feeling the emotion of the moment.

“I was talking to Bessie,” Tara said seriously walking over to the camper van and petting it gently. Willow didn’t see the half smile or teasing crinkle at the corners of blue eyes.

“Oh, yeah, Bessie, of course” Willow said feeling small and insignificant, and just a teeny bit jealous.

The mizzle had upgraded itself to rain, and Tara turned to see her lover looking at her sadly. Willow hadn’t moved, she just stood there with her back-pack half way to the ground, and she lowered her head so Tara wouldn’t see just how sad she was.

Tara dropped her bag, and at the speed of light she covered the ground between her and Willow and enveloped her girl and her pack-back in a strong warm embrace.

“Shit, Will, I’m sorry. It was meant as a joke…stupid sense of humour, sometimes it backfires.”

Willow buried her face in wet blonde hair and held on just as tightly as Tara soothed her worries away.

“I really am sorry. We’re both tired, another time it would have been funny, I should’ve known better. I love you so much, Will, I…God…I just love you so much,” Tara said crying, “Let’s go home, Willow.”

Willow raised her head, and sniffed loudly. Her green eyes blinked away the tears and rain, and she nodded with a sigh, “I love you too, Tara, take me home.”

--------------------------------

Willow was surprised to learn it would be at least a two hour drive to Cannon Beach, if they did it in one long drive. It was a beautiful drive, Tara told her, forests and mountains, and sea views to take the breath away.

“Don’t worry, sweetie, we’ll be stopping more than once along the way. Mom isn’t expecting us until this evening, and, anyway, Bessie needs her radiator topped up every thirty odd miles, so we’ll get to stop for a while and take in the scenery along the way,” Tara told Willow with a smile as they turned right at an intersection.

Pulling out onto Airport Way, Tara made her way to downtown Portland, where she could join the I-5 South with the intention of working her way to US 26 and finally the 101 to take them home.

They had been driving for twenty minutes or so. The downtown traffic was heavy with tailbacks at the intersections, and left turns the stuff of nightmares. Tara was concentrating on the route, and Willow was dozing lightly, fading in and out of sleep with every bump and jolt.

The radio played in the background, generic pop music churned out between cheesy links by an even cheesier DJ kept Tara amused between hold ups.

Bessie’s suspension, like her exterior had seen better days, and Willow’s attempt at catching some Z’s finally came to end when the jolt from a large pothole resulted in her head banging off the window.

Tara smiled at the ouchie sounds to the left, and reached out to pat Willow’s thigh in sympathy.

“We’ll stop here for something to eat, and let Bessie cool off a little,” Tara said, bringing her hand back to the steering wheel.

“Cool, can we pick up a crash helmet too,” Willow joked, rubbing the side of her head.

“Sorry about that, and Bessie’s sorry too, aren’t you, old girl?” Tara said taking a left and then a right into the parking lot of a brightly painted diner.

Pulling into a parking a space, Bessie almost gave a comfortable sigh when Tara turned off the engine, “I’m hungry, and this is a nice place for lunch,” she announced as she opened her door, and Willow, eager for food and coffee followed suit.

---------------------------------

Thirty five miles from home, Bessie gave a shudder indicating she was once again in the upper limits of the miles she could cover in a single journey.

“Hold on, girl, there’s an exit coming up, you can do it,” Tara said in hope and encouragement, but easing back on the pedal to drop the rev’s.

Willow crossed her fingers, and offered her own encouragement to the trusty, but rusty, old girl of the highway.

“Yeah, c’mon, Christine, another half mile, then after a rest you can knock me about again.”

“Will, stop calling her that, she has feelings too, you know,” Tara laughed as she guided Bessie up the off ramp and into a rest stop.

After six or more bumps to the noggin, Willow was convinced that Bessie was deliberately trying to hurt her, and had taken to calling her Christine.

Tara had quite rightly pointed out that Bessie was not a 1958 Plymouth Fury, and regardless of that fact, she was neither possessed by the spirit of a former girlfriend, nor, trying to kill her current and last one.

Willow wasn’t entirely convinced by Tara’s logical rebuttal and had told her she would reserve judgement. If she made it to Cannon Beach without serious injury, she just might concede she was wrong.

Pulling to a halt on the loose surface, Tara reached behind her seat for the heavy duty gauntlet and rag she needed to protect her from the hot steam that escaped when she unscrewed the radiator cap.

They had stopped several times along the US 26, topping up the radiator from the two gallon drum of distilled water that was always loaded before Bessie made any trips, and after a brief rest she or Willow would take the wheel for the next stage of the journey.

While Tara took care of the radiator cap, Willow filled a plastic watering can with water from the drum.

This rest stop was much nicer than the others. There were bathrooms and a water faucet, and wooden picnic tables were scattered through the site. Around them tall Sitka spruce gave them seclusion from the road, enclosing them in a pine fresh scented haven.

At the airport, Tara had put Willow’s back-pack into the back of the VW, so it wasn’t until their first ‘water’ stop that the redhead had had a good look into the interior of Bessie, and what she saw impressed her.

Despite the cramped space, it was well fitted out. Cupboards and a small sink ran the length of the driver’s side, and crossways behind the driver and a passenger seat a bed/couch was positioned. A fold-up table and a camping stove completed the interior, and bright curtains with a large daisy print decorated the windows.

More than once along their fractured journey Willow had thought about dragging Tara in, closing the curtains against the world and ravishing her girl to within an inch of life. But, up till now, none of the places they had stopped offered what this one did.

Willow carried the can to the back of the vehicle where Tara had already taken out the floor plate and had opened the cap to let the steam out.

“Thanks,” Tara said, taking the can from Willow and carefully topping up the radiator. Bessie gave a contented sigh as the cooling liquid flooded her parched systems, convincing Willow even more that Bessie was more than just a collection of motor parts.

“I think this stop will take a little longer than the others, Will, we pushed her pretty hard this time. You don’t mind, do you?” Tara asked as she put the plate back in place and pulled the carpeting over it.

“I’m sure we can think of something to make sure I don’t mind,” Willow said with a smile and took the can from Tara, setting it on the floor, and closed the back hatch of the VW.

Reaching for Tara she pulled her into a fierce hug and kissed her hungrily, two days of frustration poured from her lips and over Tara’s. Her lover responded to the delicious assault and quickly pulled off the gauntlet before burying her fingers in Willow’s rain curled hair.

Low groans passed between them as their tongues collided, and Tara pushed Willow against the camper and pressed her body into her lover’s.

Hands tore coats open hoping to find purchase on warm skin beneath the layers they wore. It was frantic, heated and far less than either of them needed or wanted right now.

Tara pulled her lips away from Willow’s and looked around and took in the privacy their location afforded them, and gave her lover her best lop-sided sexy smile, “Mmm, let’s give Bessie some new memories. How about it, Will, you up for a round of ‘if the bug’s a rockin’, don’t come a knockin’’?

Willow gave a huge grin and laughed at her goofy girlfriend, “Well, the suspension may not be up to it, but I’ll rock her as much as I can.”

They hurriedly jumped into the back of the wagon and slid the door closed, locking it behind them. Tara reached through to lock the front doors and Willow pulled the cheerful curtains closed.

Willow threw off her coat, pulled her heavy sweater and t-shirt up and over her head, Tara did the same. They only thing that mattered was getting naked as quickly as possible. The pile of clothes grew, as each item was deposited without ceremony on the floor. Shoes and pants, and finally underwear were discarded leaving both girls as nature intended.

They both laughed at others stooped over forms, neither of them able to stand straight in the restricted vertical space, “Time to get horizontal, I think,” Willow said laying herself and Tara on the narrow bed side by side.

Their skin felt warm where contact was made, but the air in the van was cold and raised Goosebumps on flesh that was left exposed.

Tara reached up and opened the cupboard above their heads and pulled out a slightly dusty blanket and wrapped it around their supine forms.

“Better, sweetie?” she asked smiling at the very keen, but very cold redhead.

“Getting there,” she said softly.

Looking into each others eyes all the urgency seeped away, just like the cold now they were covered with the thick blanket.

Minutes seemed to pass, just looking, breathing and getting warm.

They listened to the rain; it’s beating on the roof as rapid as their joint heartbeats.

“I’ve really missed this,” Willow began, “Holding you, feeling you close, skin on skin.”

Tara lightly kissed her lips, and wrapped her arms tighter around Willow, “Me too,” Tara said, “now, are we going to make love?” she queried with warm languid smile.

Willow smiled and kissed her, “We already are.”

Tara thought her heart would burst with the love that filled it at that moment, and the only way to ease the ache was to kiss her lover with every ounce of emotion that threatened to overwhelm her.

Pulling the blanket completely over them, Tara then pulled Willow closer, with her hand at the back of her lover’s head, short red hair held tightly in her grip, she captured Willow’s lips in a searing kiss that astounded her lover with its depth of feeling.

Willow felt all that Tara had poured into her, filling her completely. Mind, body and soul came together in acceptance of what her lover offered. Tara made her whole, one entity with one purpose. At that moment her future was set, she would love this woman for the rest of their lives.

Somehow, in the last minutes things had changed. They both felt the shift in their intentions. Whereas, outside they had frantically pulled and grasped each other, their hormones driving them, directing them without conscious thought, here, now, that urgency had dissolved into a desire for a slower re-acquaintance.

The memory of three nights without each other slipped away, and the possibility of two more lonely nights faded into insignificance. There was only this moment, a bubble in time, encased in a rusted camper van with gaudy faded flowers and a temperamental radiator, but it was their moment and nothing could invade it and make it less than what it was.

Slow hands and a sure touch worked in symmetry, light strokes on smooth skin, working together they formed a symbiosis of need.

Lower limbs parted, entwining, strong thighs settled into softness that was warm and wet, and felt like home.

Fingertips painted trails of heat on undulating spines, their hips circled and swayed in a dance as their hearts beat rhythm.

Their kiss had ended and began again more than once, the need for oxygen to fuel their love overriding their obvious reluctance to break contact. Greedy gasps taken, their lips quickly sought the contact briefly abandoned completing the circuit once more.

They each held the others breast, soft pinches on pebbled nipples punctuated each thrust of ever-increasing force into wetter cores from thighs that were slick with the evidence of their need for each other.

Their bodies communicated in a way that made words redundant. Under their blanket a communion of souls took precedent so attuned they were to the others response. It would always be like this, two people in complete harmony, a duet for them alone, a song written for two voices that when sung sounded like one.

Their hips rocked and each contact brought a spark stronger and sharper than the one before. The spark became a flame, heat flowed through them and engulfed them both, driving them on to create an inferno that burned up the air in their lungs making them break their never ending kiss in a loud moan and gasp for life giving oxygen.

On and on it went, burning brighter and stronger, until nothing was left, save the need for sleep. Exhausted they succumbed to their bodies’ need and drifted off into slumber still entwined in each other’s limbs.
-----------------------------

Willow woke first and shook her lover from her sound sleep, “Tara, Tara, oh, shit, we’ve been asleep for hours. Oh, shit your Mom is gonna kill me.”

The redhead threw back the blanket and jumped out of bed. In her panic she forgot about the low roof until it connected with her head, sliding to her knees she rubbed the top of her skull while muttering low expletives in a pained voice.

Tara, despite just having woken, followed her lover to the floor and wrapped her in hug while feeling Willow’s head for bumps or blood, “Oh, sweetie, that had to hurt, are you ok? I don’t think you broke the skin, but you’ll have a nice egg sized lump for a day or two.”

“Damn you, Christine,” Willow scowled looking up at the ceiling making Tara giggle with the seriousness of her curse.

The blonde reached behind Willow and grabbed her pants from the pile of clothes on the floor. Still holding her lover in one arm she searched the pockets and retrieved her phone, “Its nine o’clock, God, Will, we should’ve been home by now. Um…get dressed, I’ll call home and let them know we are ok. Funny, given the time, it’s a wonder Mom didn’t call us.”

Willow picked herself and her clothes up of the floor and sat on the bed to get dressed as Tara tried to call home.

“Oh, there’s no signal, must be the trees, I’ll call when we get out into the open,” Tara said putting the phone back into her pocket and gathering the rest of her things before joining Willow on the bed to get dressed.

“Do you think your Mom will be mad at us?” Willow asked pulling on her socks.

“No, but she will be worried so it might just seem like she is mad, it’ll be ok though, she knows Bessie has her quirks,” Tara said, but Willow didn’t like the sound of a mad Mom.

“Oh, God, she is going to hate me, I just know it. She will take one look at me and know why we were late. She knew why I was in your dorm that morning and she will know what I was doing today. Is your Mom a witch? Oh, God, a witch with a shotgun, and a porch with rocking chair. I am so dead, or worse. Can she turn me into a frog, because that would just be the worst…all slimey and green…just…just…” Willow babbled, spiralling beyond common sense and into full-blown panic.

The redhead only calmed down when Tara held her again and soothed her with assurances that everything would ok. Her Mom wouldn’t hate her, chase her off, or turn her into a frog, even if she could, “Sweetie, it’s really going to be fine. And, as much as I’d like to stop your very cute babbling in another way, we don’t have time. Let’s finish up here and hit the road, with luck we can make it in one run.”

“Ok,” Willow said feeling much better except for throbbing on the top of her head, “But, if she turns me into a frog, you better kiss me to turn me back again.”

------------------------------

Willow fidgeted with the strap of her seatbelt as Bessie’s headlights picked out Tara’s house as they made their way up the long driveway from the main road. Light in the windows made the house a friendly haven among the tall dark trees that surrounded it.

One final turn of the wheel and Tara pulled up in front of her family home and turned the key silencing Bessie’s engine. As they had hoped the camper had made the last part of their long journey in one go, even if she did protest a little during the last three miles.

Both Willow and Tara had promised her, if she made it, they would wash and wax her and give her an oil change as a reward. Willow further promised not to call her Christine anymore if she would comply.

Tara turned to her girlfriend and gave her a comforting smile, “Ready to face the music, sweetie?”

“There’s music? You said your Mom was ok about everything on the phone,” Willow squeaked and eyed the house warily through the windscreen, wondering if Cathy was waiting on her with more intent than a warm welcome.

Tara laughed loudly, earning her a slap on the upper arm from a groaning redhead who had once again fell victim to her teasing girlfriend, “Sorry, I couldn’t resist it. But, you better get used to it, Mom’s worse than I am.”

Willow groaned again and released her seatbelt, “The two of you will drive me crazy, I just know it,” she said good-humouredly, “let’s get this over with, before I change my mind and hide out here in Bessie for the duration.”

“Will,” Tara said with a sudden seriousness, “Earlier, it was beautiful, you know, really beautiful. I love you so much. I just wanted you to know that.”

Willow threw herself at Tara and kissed her lips, her cheeks, her nose, anywhere she could make contact, “I love you too, more than words can ever express. I love you so much I would never babble again if you asked me, I would burn my lap-top and leave school and live in Bessie for the rest of my days if you wanted it. Anything for you, you’re my everything, baby.”

“You’re babbling again, Will, I think I’ll have to shut you up now,” Tara whispered before setting her lips firmly on girlfriend’s mouth.

It was a lingering kiss, warm and full of promise of more to come. Willow pushed her tongue into Tara’s mouth and her hand into soft blonde hair and pulled her lover closer as she fumbled with Tara’s seatbelt, needing her free to pull her closer still.

They were lost again in each other, eyes closed and mouths locked on each other, they didn’t see the door to the house open, nor did they see the figure approach the camper van.

The passenger door opened, and their kiss came to an abrupt halt as Cathy Maclay gave a loud cough.

Willow turned round so sharply that she felt a crick in her neck, her face bright red as she faced Tara’s Mom for the first time.

She was struck dumb, her mouth flapping uselessly as only vowel sounds made their way past her vocal chords and into the night air, Willow felt nauseous as she saw what was cradled in Cathy’s arms.

“I believe I owe you a shotgun welcome, Willow.”

TBC

Last edited by Paint the Sky on Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Quiet Saturday Mornings Update 19th August 2008
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:39 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Bessie loving... I hope that the shotgun thing doesn't freak Willow too much, Willow doing freaked babble is too much to handle...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:22 am 
Hey PtS,

I simply must refer to the kisses portrayed in this chapter first. They felt very much unifying in my eyes and this must have been enhanced through the frenzied quality that marked them analogously to the intensity of the love.

It's kinda cute the way Willow engages in jealousy not only during the first meeting but also following their trip and I rather liked your introduction of an anti-Christine type of heroine; One of its advantages is that it showed us a visual demonstration of Willow's inner reaches of her vulnerability. It was endearing. I have a feeling that, coupled with your choice of descriptive language used, this is what has made their lovemaking scene so beautiful to read. And that is where Cathy's shotgun welcome comes in at a very interesting point in your storyline.

Lovely subtle juxtaposition I should add..

Will's choice being confronted to the necessity of understanding an opposition to that choice seems to be a fit challenge for our favourite redhead. I hope she will learn to move towards a holistic integration by being comfortable with both dual poles in the relationships she has with the two Maclays. I think your choice of representing the mother in such a way goes beyond meet-the-parents situations. Rather, it helps in breaking down any notions of an idealised romantic adventure that might have transpired.

Chapter 32 spelt different but was just as satisfying...Moreover does that spell like a climax to QSM?

Vi'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:43 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

I wonder how pale willow was..facing her girlfriend's mom carrying shotgun

:thud

more updates....and soon please :pray :pray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:19 am 
3. Flaming O

I've never commented on this story before so first and foremost I just want to say how much I love it. You bring life to such beautiful and ordinary situations, its really very riveting to read.

I really loved this update, it was so funny and touching at the same time. I really got a kick out of "Bessie," she sounds alot like my car and it was really cute how Tara loved her so much even though shes pretty "road rough." I could also certainly understand Willow's anxiety about driving in her... people are afraid to get in my car too. I also just loved the Christine reference, a very comical way to present a truly messed-up book :).

I loved the scene in the back of "Bessie" when Willow and Tara were making love, it was so beautiful. I really feel like you represent their situations and relations to each other to be very realistic. The things they say to each other just seem so true and real, I can actually imagine people saying things like that whereas alot of times dialogue seems so fake and forced. You've really got a harness on a cute dynamic between them that still dwells within the realm of possibility. So bravo for that :)

Quote:
It would always be like this, two people in complete harmony, a duet for them alone, a song written for two voices that when sung sounded like one.

I loved this line so much I just had to quote it. So beautiful.

I also loved the shotgun thing at the end, so funny. My family is like that, we're huge teasers and love to see people squirm, and I can't say we've done the shotgun thing, but it doesn't seem farfetched to me :). Plus, anxious Willow is always so fun to read, I can't see how shes gonna react to Cathy.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topping off the radiator every so many miles...reminds me of "the Gold Car" I was driving 1996-98.

Letters to a daughter don't always do it; good for Tara in this case.

I think I'm already in love with Cathy. Too bad my Buffyverse alter egos (egoes?) are all happily married.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

Quote:
She was struck dumb, her mouth flapping uselessly as only vowel sounds made their way past her vocal chords and into the night air, Willow felt nauseous as she saw what was cradled in Cathy’s arms.

LOL. personally if it were my mom and I went home that late with my new girlfriend, she would have been holding a machete knife ala Jason Voorhees minus the mask.

i have a bad habit of bumping up old stories...
shameless self-promotion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:25 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hey there,

Loved this latest update with Bessie. So often the cars we love use and abuse us, but we love them anyway.

Quote:

:laugh

That had to be my favorite part. Tara's mom has just got a wicked sense of humor and I love it. I'm sure this little holiday will keep Willow on her toes.

Definitely looking forward to what happens next.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:33 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

The phrase 'everybody's a comedian' is especially prescient here since Tara's mom is as twistedly humorous as her daughter.
Fancy Tara naming her beloved van the same as The Third Doctor's Edwardian roadster i.e, Bessie.
Tara has the taste and style of a Time Lady even if she is a mere mortal.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:55 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Hello PtS :)

I love Bessie! And the end of your chapter has me laughing outloud!
Poor willow she found a woman perfect but with some humor she may not be used to, and it seems her mother's even worse. I know I would be scared if I were Willow!!!

Anyway, it was nice. Thanks for this update :)

Friendly,

Julia.

"Joie est mon caractère, C'est la faute à Voltaire; Misère est mon trousseau, C'est la faute à Rousseau." Gavroche. Victor Hugo, Les Misérables (chap. XV)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 296 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next