The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: The Star Witches Saga: EPISODE II Chapter Ten Now Up
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:48 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Topics: 1
Title: Star Witches Episode I: Across the Stars

Author: SithLordWiccan

E-Mail: decepticons_4_ever@hotmail.com

Disclaimer: Tara, Willow and other Buffy related things that may end up in this fic aren’t mine. Neither is the Star Wars stuff around which all this revolves. Those things belong to Joss Whedon and George Lucas, respectively. Certain bits of dialogue come from "The Phantom Menace" screenplay written by George Lucas and the novel written by Terry Brooks.

In case you can't tell from the above, I own none of the stuff I've just mentioned. I'm just writing this to fufill my intellectual insanity. And besides, I own nothing anyone would want anyway, so suing me over this would be pointless. So don’t even try it, K?

Author’s Note: This is my first story on the Kitten (though not the first story I've written period), and the first of what I hope will end up becoming a rather successful story saga. Also, while this fic is W/T centered, it does cross over with the movies in certain areas. Thus I will be needed to quote from the movie. I will promise to keep it to a minimum. (I don't see a need for it to happen past these first two chapters anyway.) Thanks go out to Chris for convincing me that there’s going to be at least one person whose gonna read this and like it, not to mention being a kick ass beta reader.

Feedbacks: Oh, yes please. Good and bad. Seriously. Anything that can help me write this would be greatly appreciated. And if any of you are bigger Star Wars freaks than me (though I seriously doubt any such person exists), feel free to help out. I’ll probably need it.

Rating: Basically the same as the movie. PG.

Distribution: Through the Looking Glass, The Mystic Muse. (Ask first if you wanna archive it anywhere else.)

Summary: Jedi Masters Qui-Gon Jinn and Tara Maclay, along with their Padawans Obi-Wan Kenobi and Willow Rosenberg, go to Naboo to settle a dispute with the Trade Federation. Little do the four of them know that their simple trip will end up having long lasting consequences for the galaxy.

[center]STAR WITCHES

EPISODE I

ACROSS THE STARS

Turmoil has engulfed the Galactic Republic. The Trade Federation, under secret orders from the Sith Lord Darth Sidious, has blockaded the peaceful planet of Naboo.

While the Republic Senate debates the legality of the action, the Supreme Chancellor has sent a team of four Jedi Knights, the guardians of peace, to bring about a resolution to the situation.

Unknown to all those involved, this event will mark the beginning of a conflict that will have a lasting impact on the galaxy for years to come…
[/center]

[center]Chapter One[/center]

Willow Rosenberg looked out the viewport of the Radiant VII as the ship sped towards the peaceful garden planet of Naboo. No, she admonished herself. It wasn’t quite so peaceful these days. Not since the Trade Federation had blockaded it following the events of the disastrous Eriadu Trade Summit six months prior. She had been at the Temple at the time, and had heard very little about it. And event then it wasn’t enough to satisfy her curiosity.

She smiled slightly as she thought that. Most of her contemporaries had said that she was unlike most Jedi, with an intuitive need to know just about everything there was to know about the galaxy. It had been a trait that would have sent her straight to the Jedi ExplorCorps had she not been taken as an apprentice.

She suddenly found herself thinking of her life previous to her life as a Jedi. With the Jedi mandating a creed that prevented forming attachments to one’s own life, it was rather difficult for her to find out about it. Being the curious little Jedi that she was, she often found a way to uncover that which others didn’t want her to know.

Her parents were typical people. Of her father, there had been little mention. There were references to the fact that he was among those who worked at the Obroan Institute for Archaeology on Obroa-Skai. There was also a posting on the Holonet regarding his accidental death when a new wing was being constructed. Of her mother there was much more info. She was a social psychologist at the University of Coruscant, who was among the most popular teachers there. Undercover information from various sources mentioned her as a friendly and gregarious person who often held people’s best interests at heart, but tended to base her discussions with others on analytical data and research projects than actual conversation.

She had thought about getting in touch with her mother, but there had been complications. The Jedi, as a rule, did not allow parents of children given into their care to have contact with their offspring once they had begun formal training. Being ten years old at the time, she couldn’t quite understand what that meant, and had snuck out of the Temple one night to track her down.

That trip had ended in disaster, and Willow shuddered as she recalled the events of that day not that long ago…

She was lost. She had no means to contact the Temple. She had no means to defend herself.

Which meant, rather bluntly, that she wasn’t going to survive.

Willow had been stumbling around for hours in the undercity, hoping to find a familiar face that could lead her back to the Temple. Not that she wanted to do that, but the idea of getting a dressing down from Master Yoda or Master Windu over her unexplained departure was, in her eyes, a punishment that would be much better than staying here.

It was then that she came across the door of one of the many nightclubs that populated the area. She knew that she wouldn’t be allowed inside, but trying was certainly better than nothing at all.

As she moved to the door, it suddenly slid open, revealing a pair of figures. One of whom immediately pointed a blaster rifle in her direction.

“Outta the way, kid. I got business to deal with.”

Before Willow could do anything, the person’s companion reached for something in her robe, and the next thing she knew, a green bar of light had sliced through the man’s blaster, the barrel of which clattered to the floor.

The man attempted to flee, but his companion executed a perfect flip to land in front of him, executing a fierce backhand that sent him crashing into the ferrocrete wall behind him. The figure moved quickly to place binders on the man, then moved over to talk to her.

“Are you OK?”

Things had gone too fast for her, and she was still shaken up, too terrified to use the Jedi calming techniques she had been taught. All she could do was shake her head rather violently.

“I’m glad,” the figure said in reply, and it was only then that it registered in Willow’s brain that the figure was a female. She had a dark cloak on, making her features unrecognizable. Willow couldn’t help herself any longer, and began to cry silently.

The female brought a hand up to dry away the tears. “Don’t be afraid,” she said in a calm and soothing manner. “I’ve called Republic Security. They should be here in a few minutes and then we’ll head back to the Temple and find out where you belong.”

Willow’s eyes exploded. “The Temple? You mean…you’re a Jedi?”

The woman let out a small laugh. “Trust me, friend. I may look meek and innocent, but when push comes to shove, I can swing a lightsaber with the best of them.”

Willow didn’t know why, but she suddenly didn’t feel so afraid of her surroundings anymore. “You must be even better than Master Yoda.”

The woman laughed again. “I wouldn’t say I’m as good as Master Yoda, but I can certainly hold my own.”

Willow smiled, then remembered the circumstances which had led her to where she was now. “You’re not going to get into trouble, are you? I mean, I’d hate to have the Council punish you because I interrupted your assignment and had to…”

The woman placed a finger on Willow’s lips to quiet her. “Don’t worry. We can still get what we need to know through an interrogation.” She gave Willow a glance. “But might I ask what a Youngling is doing outside of the Temple at night?”

Willow blushed and began to stutter. “I…I…”

The woman took her hand. “That’s OK. You don’t have to explain to me. Once Republic Security gets here, we’ll head back to the Temple. It’s still three and a half hours before dawn, so we can get back with no problems.”

Willow instantly brightened. The last thing she wanted was to get a dressing down from Master Yoda. Or even worse, Master Windu. “Thank you.”

“You’re welcome,” the woman replied.

Willow got up and brushed the dirt and dust off her tunic. “Miss, what’s your name?”

The woman moved to lower the hood of the cloak that she wore, exposing to Willow the most beautiful face she could imagine. It was framed by a halo of blond hair that accentuated her features rather well. The thing that most entranced Willow, however, was her deep blue eyes, the color of the oceans on Mon Calamari. The kind that someone like Willow could dive into without hesitation.

“It’s Tara,” the woman replied. “Tara Maclay.”

“Willow?”

Willow turned away from the viewport, silently admonishing herself for letting herself daydream, and turned to look at her Master, who had appeared at the doorway leading from the bridge. Clad in the standard Jedi robes, she looked quite different than she had that night not too long ago.

”But no less cute, Willow thought to herself, then silently admonished herself, hoping that her Master wouldn’t pick up her thoughts through the Force. Thankfully, she had apparently not. Or at least, had not make it aware, either publicly or privately.

“We’re approaching Naboo now,” Tara continued, making no indication that she had picked up anything from Willow. “Qui-Gon wants us to join him and Obi-Wan at the hatch.”

Willow moved to join her Master as they walked down the corridor to meet the other Jedi.

“Why do you think the Trade Federation has blockaded Naboo, Master?” Willow asked Tara.

Tara shook her head. “I don’t know, Willow. Tensions have been rather strained between the Trade Federation and the Republic for quite some time. Some think that it was inevitable that this would have happened, others think that the Nebula Front’s assassination of the Trade Federation Directorate at the Eriadu Trade Summit escalated a controllable situation to the point where even the slightest of diplomatic mistakes would have caused this.”

“It must be pretty serious for the Chancellor to send Jedi to secretly resolve the situation,” Willow noted.

Tara sighed. “Indeed. And especially to do so without consulting the Senate. If they become aware of it, the Supreme Chancellor could find himself facing serious trouble. But I must admit, this entire scenario seems…out of character for the Trade Federation. I would have thought that the assassination of the Directorate would have caused them to be more cautious, especially with the Neimoidians now in full control.”

Willow and Tara had reached the hatch as the ship set down on the deck of the Trade Federation ship, and bowed respectfully to the two Jedi standing in front of it. Obi-Wan had nodded to reply to Willow, while Tara took Qui-Gon’s nod with a simple nod in return.

“Master Qui-Gon,” Tara said.

“Master Maclay,” Qui-Gon replied, pressing the hatch release and moved to raise the hood of his cloak. “Be prepared for anything.”

The four Jedi had been met at the hanger bay door by a protocol droid who identified itself as TC-14 and led them to a nearby conference room.

“We are greatly honored by your visit, Ambassadors,” the droid was saying. “Make yourselves comfortable. My master will be with you shortly.”

Qui-Gon and Tara, being the senior Jedi of the group, nodded in reply. Then, once the hatch had withdrawn, all four Jedi removed their hoods.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” Obi-Wan said without preamble.

Willow tried to stop herself from smiling. Among the Padawans, Obi-Wan was well known for being pessimistic in any situation.

“I don’t sense anything,” Qui-Gon replied, who looked to Tara, who shook her head in the negative, indicating that she had felt no negativity or deception either. After all, what harm could come from a simple droid and a group of individuals who, at their most basic, were spineless cowards?

Still, the thought didn’t seem to want to leave Obi-Wan’s mind. “It’s not about the mission, Masters,” he admitted. “It’s something elsewhere…elusive.”

“Don’t center on your anxiety,” Tara cautioned.

“Master Maclay is right, Padawan,” Qui-Gon added. “Keep your concentration here and now, where it belongs.”

Willow couldn’t help but sympathize with Obi-Wan. She too had feelings of dread about the situation. Something was subtly twitching at her through the Force, but knowing that to act in her usual manner would be detrimental to the situation, so she had kept silent about it. Knowing that Obi-Wan held a similar view, for reasons she could not begin to fathom, made her feel more at ease.

“But Master Yoda said I should be mindful of the future,” Obi-Wan pressed. “On the Unifying Force…”

“But not at the expense of the moment,” Tara interrupted.

“Indeed,” Qui-Gon agreed. “Be mindful of the Living Force, young Padawans.”

“Yes, Masters,” both Willow and Obi-Wan said in reply. They had been moving towards the transparisteel window at the opposite end of the room. Willow and Obi-Wan took seats at the table while Tara and Qui-Gon looked out the viewport.

“How do you think the Viceroy will deal with the Chancellor’s demands?” Willow asked.

The Trade Federation is interested in profit, not war,” Tara rebuked. “Given no other options, they will back down rather than initiate a conflict.”

“We’ve dealt with them before,” Qui-Gon continued. “Trust us. The negotiations will be short.”

On the bridge, TC-14 had delivered her report to her masters, Viceroy Nute Gunray and Captain Daultay Dofine, both of whom were less than happy to receive it.

“What?!” Gunray hissed. “What did you say?”

“The ambassadors are Jedi Knights, I believe,” TC-14 replied neutrally. “Two of them are Jedi Masters. And my infrared vision mode showed objects hidden under their robes. Objects consistent with Jedi lightsabers.”

Dofine could barely contain his fear. “I knew it! They’re here to force a settlement! We’re done for!”

Gunray waved his hands violently. “Stay calm! And go distract them. I will contact Lord Sidious.”

Dofine stared at Gunray as if he had turned into Hutt. “Are you brain dead? I’m not going in there with two Jedi!”

“I’m not going, either,” Gunray admitted. “But they won’t leave until they’ve talked to us. Someone must delay them.”

Dofine looked at TC-14. “Send the droid.”

Willow looked up from the table, expecting to see the delegation from the Trade Federation arriving to finally begin the negotiations. Instead, she sighed internally as she discovered that it was merely TC-14 returning with a tray and several cups, which she began to distribute to the four Jedi.

“Is it in their nature to make us wait this long?” Obi-Wan asked, politely accepting a cup from the droid.

Qui-Gon shook his head. “No. They would not have staged a blockade without at least a contingency plan to deal with Republic negotiators. I wonder why they’re delaying?”

“They must be hiding something,” Tara said, raising her hand as TC-14 approached to offer her a drink.

“Let’s be sure to ask them what that something is,” Willow said as she took a sip of the drink the droid offered.

“If they ever arrive,” Obi-Wan pointed out.

On the bridge, Gunray and Dofine, now joined by Rune Haako, who served the Federation as their Settlement Officer, stood in awe as a holographic image appeared in front of them. It was a humanoid figure that, although the same height as the three Neimoidians, somehow managed to tower over them. The humanoid wore a cloak, the hood of which was draped over his head, making all but his lower jaw invisible to those who were watching.

”Greetings, my Lord Sidious,” Gunray said to the figure, the other two following suit.

“What is it?” Sidious asked.

“The Chancellor has sent Ambassadors to force a settlement,” Gunray said.

“I know,” Sidious stated.

Before any more could be said, Dofine stepped forward, wringing his hands. “This scheme of yours has failed, Lord Sidious. The blockade is finished. We dare not go up against the Jedi.”

The lower portion of Sidious’ face, the only part that could be seen, broke out in a scowl. “You seem to be more afraid of the Jedi than of me. Viceroy, I don’t want this stunted slime in my sight again. Understood?”

Gunray nodded, and passed a look at Dofine who, not needing to be told twice, moved away as fast as his legs could take him.

Gunray turned back to the hologram as Sidious continued. “This turn of events is unfortunate. We must accelerate our plans. Begin landing your troops.”

Gunray was taken aback. “My Lord, is that legal?”

Sidious sneered. “I will make it legal.”

This appeared to please Gunray, but there was still one thing that needed to be taken care of. “And the Jedi?”

“The Chancellor should never have brought them into this,” Sidious replied. “Kill them immediately and destroy their ship.”

Gunray didn’t feel that this was such a good idea. But on the other hand, he knew that to disagree with Lord Sidious was tantamount to declaring a death sentence against oneself. That lesson has been taught too close to home lately, with the death of his former Deputy Viceroy, Hath Monchar. And it was a lesson that he was not too eager to have taught to him again through anyone, least of all himself.

“Yes, my Lord,” he said in reply. “As you wish.”

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 am, edited 31 times in total.

Post subject: Re: (New Uber!) The Star Witches Saga. EP 1 CH's 1 and 2 Onl
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:50 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

[center]Chapter Two[/center]

Willow had been tracing her finger around the edge of the now empty cup she had been offered when she suddenly felt a disturbance in the Force. She got to her feet and reached for her lightsaber, its crystal blue blade igniting with its usual snap-hiss. She noted that Tara, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan had also drawn their weapons.

She also noted that the droid, who had remained in the room, was now muttering some halfhearted apology.

“Try to raise the ship,” Qui-Gon ordered.

Tara nodded and reached for her comlink. As she did so, Willow gripped her lightsaber tightly, prepared for whatever might happen. ”This isn’t supposed to be happening,” she thought to herself. ”This was supposed to be an easy assignment. That’s why we were given it. I’m not a fighter. I wasn’t meant to do this…”

Her internal babbling was interrupted by Tara’s voice. “No response from the ship.”

“Hear that?” Obi-Wan asked.

Willow focused herself, and heard a faint hissing noise.

”Gas,” Tara confirmed.

The squad of battle droids came to a halt outside the conference room door, a hologram of Viceroy Gunray appearing before them.

”They must be dead by now,” the hologram said. ”Destroy what’s left of them.”

The hologram disappeared as the door opened. The battle droids drew their blasters and pointed them directly into the open door, from which the remnants of the gas were seeping out.

A few moments later, the form of TC-14 shuffled out of the door, still clutching the tray of refreshments she carried.

“Excuse me,” she said politely to the battle droids. “Oh, excuse me.”

A moment later, four colored bars of light, two green and two blue, shone through the gassed room. The battle droids raised their blasters in response, some even managing to get off a couple of shots, but it was all for naught, as the four Jedi made their way out of the room, Tara and Qui-Gon expertly twirled their blades, decapitating several droids. Obi-Wan bisected another and used the Force to send its parts scattering into a pair of oncoming reinforcements.

Willow kept mostly to the rear, only blocking those shots that managed to come close to her. Fighting was not her style. Even in practice duels in the Temple, she had never managed to successfully master the art of lightsaber dueling. Tara had always said that she could get better in her craft if she kept trying, and Willow had always thanked her, but she never really believed that she could.

And unless things turned out of the better, she’d never be able to find out for herself.

The four made their way to the hatch leading to the bridge which, not surprisingly, had been closed and locked sometime before. Tara tested the controls, and looked at Qui-Gon. “They’ve locked the door, Master.”

Qui-Gon raised his lightsaber and drove it deep into the door in response, and Willow couldn’t help but chuckle as she deflected a shot back at an incoming droid.

”Good thing we brought a couple of good lockpicks,” she thought to herself.

“Masters!” Obi-Wan suddenly shouted. “Destroyers!”

Willow spun on her heels and found herself staring down two of the most unusual droids she had ever encounter. They rolled on the ground fast, unfolding into what could only be described as a war machine, its hands a pair of powerful blaster cannons that were now pointed in their direction and firing without restraint.

Tara moved beside Willow and began to deflect the fire from the Destroyer droids. And despite the situation, she relaxed. Not enough to leave herself unguarded, but enough so that she could concentrate on what she was doing. Knowing that Tara was nearby and protecting her made her feel that she could do no wrong. Which was a feeling that she wished she had in abundance in the current situation. And one she wished she could explore outside their official capacity.

But now was not the time to think about that. Better to think about such things if they got off the ship alive.

“It’s a standoff,” Qui-Gon said. “Let’s get out of here.”

Willow suddenly felt Tara’s hand intertwine with hers and squeeze gently. Willow squeezed back, perhaps a little too hard, but she wanted to let her Master know that she was alright. They shared a glance, then turned to look down the corridor. And suddenly, the two were moving faster than normal human capacity allowed, the corridor passing like lightning beside them.

As the two approached the opposite end of the corridor, Willow began to feel conflicting emotions. It was said that her Master was one of the most powerful Jedi in the order, on par with Master Yoda and Master Windu, and yet she was reluctant to use her powers unless truly necessary. She was, to be perfectly honest, the finest example of a Jedi Consular. Willow herself had been taught from her young age that she had all the skills necessary to become a great Jedi Guardian. But from the moment she and her Master touched hands, she knew that together, they were more powerful than any other Jedi in the Order.

And what made the situation all the more confusing for her was the fact that Tara knew this as well. She couldn’t tell how she knew this, however. Perhaps it was some subconscious prodding through the Force that made her aware of the fact that the relationship between the two was destined to become more than a professional one.

But there was little she could do now, not when they were running for their lives. But Willow promised herself that, when the opportunity next arose, she would talk to her Master about these feelings.

The two joined Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan at a nearby grate, which had been forced opened. Obi-Wan was already on his way down the chute, and Qui-Gon turned to look at Tara.

“This leads to the hanger bay,” he said. “We’re going to try to find a way off the ship.”

Tara nodded as Qui-Gon followed Obi-Wan down the chute. Tara moved to follow him, but suddenly felt a hand on her arm. She turned to see Willow looking at her, fear and the barest hint of tears in her green eyes.

“Be careful,” she said. “And May the Force be with you, Master.”

Tara flashed the barest hint of a smile. “Always, Padawan.”

Several minutes later, the four Jedi found themselves in the hanger bay, which was in quite a state of commotion. Various maintenance droids were preparing munitions and ordnance. Command battle droids were issuing orders to the infantry models. Troop transports were taking onboard the first waves of assault forces that were no doubt bound for the planet.

All of this activity made its purpose abundantly clear to the four Jedi hiding behind one of the many supply cases.

“It’s an invasion army,” Obi-Wan said with dismay and shock.

Willow took a look at the arrayed army. “I didn’t think the Trade Federation had the power to do this.”

Qui-Gon spared a glance at the assembled vehicles and troops as the transports opened and deployed their loading racks. “I didn’t think the Federation had the daring to do this. We’ve got to find a way to contact the Naboo and Chancellor Valorum.” He turned to look at Tara. “We should split up. Obi-Wan and I will each board a landing ship and meet down at the planet. You and Padawan Rosenberg should do likewise.”

Tara nodded as Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan moved off. She was about to head out as well when she once again felt a hand on her arm. Her instincts immediately thought it was a battle droid that had discovered her, but through the Force, she could feel that it was Willow. And that she was frightened.

She couldn’t blame the fact that her Padawan was scared. This was, after all, her first assignment as a Padawan. Silently, she cursed herself for allowing her to bring Willow with her. This was not the place for her. But she realized that she had no way of knowing how bad things would eventually play out. On the surface, it seemed little more than a simple trade negotiation. To think of it as anything else was rather peculiar.

“We have to go, Willow,” she said. “They’ll be ready to land their ships any moment.”

“I want to go with you Master,” Willow said, clutching even harder on her robe. Tara was about to chide her apprentice for behaving like this, but she realized that to do so now would be to further shake her confidence. And right now, she needed to be as aware of her surroundings as she could be. It suddenly hit her that she probably hadn’t felt this afraid since that night when they had first met.

”She sees me as someone who will always be there for her, no matter what,” she realized. ”How can I abandon her now?”

Aloud, she said, “Very well, Willow. We’ll go together. But we must hurry.”

As the two made their way towards the hatch of a landing craft, Willow suddenly let out a laugh that she tried to stifle, and thus came out as a squeak.

Inwardly, Tara wanted to tell Willow that such an outburst might lead them to getting caught. Instead, she said, “What’s so funny?”

“I just realized,” Willow said with a small smile. “Master Qui-Gon was right.”

Tara arched an eyebrow, awaiting an explanation.

“The negotiations were short,” Willow said in a perfect rendition of Qui-Gon’s voice.

Tara clamped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from laughing, as the two continued to make their way to the hatch of the landing ship.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:27 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

uh me like it....now my curiosity is full on and you better not stop writing it or ....or....oh damn times like this a lightsaber would help alot

.....oh that was one bad joke...geez...and i think i tuned Jar Jar at first...eeer scary

_ducky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 2:32 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

So far, so good ... keep it coming.

I loved Star Wars original 3 movies, and devoured all the books I could find. The latest movie trilogy was a distinct disappointment, but I'm still a fan, although I've forgotten a lot of it. I'm interested to see what you do with this.

One tiny, teeny, weensy quibble - Tara must be considerably older than Willow to be a Master when Willow was only 10?

Anne
p.s. Chris was more than right to encourage you.

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:45 am 
10. Troll Hammer

i really like what you've written so far, and from the feedback so far, i'm sure you're finally convinced that there are kittens here who are interested enough to read your crossover saga.

like irene, i am no star wars expert but i have enjoyed watching the movies... and from the first few sentences alone, you've definitely got me hooked with this story.

i can't wait to find out just how willow will broach the subject of the feelings she's been getting recently for tara and tara's reasoning as to why she is not acknowledging it if she does feel it too (which i doubt that she doesn't)... being a master and all, she must know something else that could be detrimental to cause disturbance in the force that's why she's not acting upon these feelings or it could be that she's just be aftraid to face up to the fact that she is feeling these things for a padawan... anyways, i'll just have to wait and see...

anyways... i hope they get out of there safely coz i'm afraid for willow since she's not really into fighting, but tara's there and i know she will not let anything happen to her so i guess i shouldn't worry at all.

i'm glad you posted your story here... i believe you have something really good here, and i can't wait to read on.

more power! fabulous start!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:11 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

HOLY SHIT! I have readers!

And they LIKE it!

I don't know what to say, except...

YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, I'm off my high horse.

Chapter 3 has been sent off to be beta'ed, and will be posted as soon as I get it back and edit it. In the meantime, here's my response to the first crop of feedback.

Dead_Ducky: Don't worry. I've got no plans to stop writing. And maybe, if you're really lucky, they'll be more after what I've got planned is done.

Anne:

spells42 wrote:
One tiny, teeny, weensy quibble - Tara must be considerably older than Willow to be a Master when Willow was only 10?

Yeah, about that. I was originally planning to make Tara a Jedi Master and Willow her Padawan, until it was pointed out to me that it might have been better to make her a Jedi Knight to account for the age difference. Unfortunately, I forgot to change that when I posted it, so I guess she's stuck as a Master.

And besides, it isn't that much of an age difference between them. After all, according to the TPM novel, Obi-Wan was in his mid-20's at the time of the movie, and he was still a Padawan.

And it would only really be a problem if I was planning on taking their relationship to a more...*ahem* mature level, and that's not gonna happen.

At least, not in this story.

spells42 wrote:
p.s. Chris was more than right to encourage you.

Yes, he was. And though I'm reluctant to give him even more credit than he deserves, he really is God here, and so we must all bow down to him.

Irene: Thanks for the feedback, though I would like to point out that this isn't a crossover. It's an uber. Not to say that BtVS/Star Wars crossovers aren't good (because I have read some good ones), but in order to convey what I wanted to do in this fic, there had to be no idea that this is a crossover. It's Willow and Tara in the SW universe, not Willow and Tara coming to the SW universe. You may not think there's much of a difference. But there is.

tarebear: I do have plans on how to develop the romantic attraction between Willow and Tara. And to give you a little tease (because I'm just so nice...*insert canned laughter here*), I'll let you know that it'll start as early as the next chapter.

And of course Willow and Tara will get out of danger. For how long?

Nobody knows.[/spooky voice] .

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:16 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day, Sith.

If I had an actual lightsabre, I'd be flailing it around happily. Of course, that would likely be soon followed by a rather effeminate scream as I lopped off my own foot or something. But I don't have a functional lightsabre, so I'll have to make do with a toy one, complete with my own cheesy sound effects. And yes, I just whacked myself in the forehead with the blade. :-D

I like the way you've weaved in the events of the Star Wars EU into the back ground. Gives your story that much more of a grounding in that galaxy far, far away. I might need to reread all of my SW novels to remind myself exactly what it is you mention, but hey, that's not a hardship, is it? :-D

I see you've kept Willow's ... er ... certain moral flexibility when it comes to intellectual property, if that's the correct term, as well as her inexhaustible thirst for knowledge. This story being set where and when it is, that could lead our favorite redhead into dangerous places, no?

Quote:
Willow’s eyes exploded. “The Temple? You mean…you’re a Jedi?”

Geez, Will must have been shaken. I know she's only ten at this point, but ... c'mon! The lightsabre wasn't a dead giveaway? :-D

Quote:
After all, what harm could come from a simple droid and a group of individuals who, at their most basic, were spineless cowards?

Oh dear, silly, silly Jedi. Spineless cowards can be the worst type of enemy, because their fear can lead them to do unpredictable things, and you know what happens when you corner a rat. Not to mention there's something of a less cowardly nature lurking in the shadows, pulling everyone's strings.

It's interesting, and totally in character that Willow isn't much of a fighter. Interesting because of what you told me about where this is headed. I wonder what's going to cause such a fundamental change in Willow? But as it is, it does place her in an awkward position. A war zone isn't a place for someone conflicted about fighting.

One question however, in line with the whole age difference thing; this is Willow's first official mission as a Padawan, right? So what actual age is she, roughly? You mentioned in one of your PM's that Padawan selection takes place at 13 or so? So is Will a teenager, or did her hesitation about her lightsabre skills end up effectively keep her back until older?

Anyhow, our delightful lightsabre wielding ladies have split from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Now we get to see where you diverge from the movie a bit more, right?

Anxiously awaiting more,
Paul.

PS. Up the Sith! :devil

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:31 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Paul:

Darth Pacula wrote:
I like the way you've weaved in the events of the Star Wars EU into the back ground. Gives your story that much more of a grounding in that galaxy far, far away. I might need to reread all of my SW novels to remind myself exactly what it is you mention, but hey, that's not a hardship, is it?

Not really. Especially since I'm about to blurt it out for you. The Eriadu Trade Summit mentioned in the first chapter occured in the novel "Cloak of Deception", and is a surprisingly good read considering it's more politically oriented than SW is used to. And what I found incredibly amusing was the almost Joss Whedon-esque turn the story took at the end. I mean, they spent the bulk of the novel pumping up the fact that Valorum was going to be the target, then turn the tables on us and reveal that it was the Directorate who was the real target.

Darth Pacula wrote:
I see you've kept Willow's ... er ... certain moral flexibility when it comes to intellectual property, if that's the correct term, as well as her inexhaustible thirst for knowledge. This story being set where and when it is, that could lead our favorite redhead into dangerous places, no?

Indeed. And thanks for that. One of the main hurdles I was worried about when I started to write this (indeed, even when I was coming up with the idea), was how do I keep Willow and Tara as close to Buffy canon as I can manage given the setting I'm putting them in. I would like to think that I've got the hang of it. And, of course, there's always the future.

Darth Pacula wrote:
Geez, Will must have been shaken. I know she's only ten at this point, but ... c'mon! The lightsabre wasn't a dead giveaway?

Maybe. Then again, there are proven instances of non-Jedi's using lightsabers. Grievous, anyone? (You just had to know I was gonna bring that up, didn't ya? )

Darth Pacula wrote:
It's interesting, and totally in character that Willow isn't much of a fighter. Interesting because of what you told me about where this is headed. I wonder what's going to cause such a fundamental change in Willow? But as it is, it does place her in an awkward position. A war zone isn't a place for someone conflicted about fighting.

Yeah, there's gonna be a major change in Willow's character as things go on. After all, it happened in Buffy, why shouldn't it happen here?

And that's another one of the reasons why I wanted to do something like this. Much like Anakin was in the movies, Willow's what I like to call a "developing character", who is the focus of the story. It's my intention that by the end of the story, readers can gain a new appreciation of Willow's character.

Darth Pacula wrote:
One question however, in line with the whole age difference thing; this is Willow's first official mission as a Padawan, right? So what actual age is she, roughly? You mentioned in one of your PM's that Padawan selection takes place at 13 or so? So is Will a teenager, or did her hesitation about her lightsabre skills end up effectively keep her back until older?

I think it's funny how one little mistake can end up causing such a fundamental problem. But my original idea was that, while Willow and Tara have had missions before, this is the first time that they've been assigned one in which presented an element of danger. In the backstory I've come up for Willow and Tara in this setting, Tara was usually the one who took charge in that sort of thing, mostly to make sure that Willow wasn't exposed to that sort of thing until she was ready (perhaps subconsciously covering her feelings for her?) Of course, the seriousness of this situation required that she take Willow with her no matter her feelings.

Trust me, I am gonna figure out a way to solve this little problem I've created for myself. When it comes to this sort of thing, I'm nothing if not resourceful.

And for the record, Willow is 21, Tara is 29.

Darth Pacula wrote:
Anyhow, our delightful lightsabre wielding ladies have split from Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Now we get to see where you diverge from the movie a bit more, right?

Yup. In fact, you'll get two for the price of one, as I've just finished Chapter Four and sent it off to Chris to be beta'ed. [/spoiler]

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:29 pm 
3. Flaming O

I don't really give a damn one way or the other about Star Wars. I watched them all, I was entertained. That's the extent of it for me. So it really comes as a surprise that I'm already so invested in this story. I love how you have Tara as one of the most powerful Jedi, but reluctant to use that power. That's exactly her. Willow's character, too, is so close to canon-Willow, and I really admire how you've been able to put them in this completely different setting, but have them remain the same people we fell in love with on the show. I've noticed in a lot of uber fics that authors seem to struggle with that. I'm very interested to see where you take our girls, and am anxious for the next chapter!

-Kate

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:45 pm 
2. Floating Rose

I absolutly love this new story! I am probably the biggest Star Wars fan on the board! I have over 120 of the books and have read them all at least 3 times. I also have a big collection of the action figures, and all kinds of other stuff, including a stand up Yoda. I think that the only thing that could make the Star Wars universe any better is to put Willow and Tara in it, which you have done so well!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:03 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Speaking as someone who has attempted to spooge W/T into a different universe, I have to say you have done a hell of a job.

Tara does have the inner calm that makes her believable as a Jedi Master, even at her relatively young age. You can always make the case that she was a real prodigy, whose potential is as great as Anakin Skywalker's or even Yoda's.

And WIllow as her padawan...hilarious! You captured that bouncing-off-the-walls quality that has always endeared me to Willow.

Now, you will enable them both to survive the brawl with Darth Maul, right?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:53 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

I've just recieved Chapters 3 and 4 back from Chris, and will get them up after I've taken care of some homework.

But first, feedback response.

Katez0r: Well, I'm glad that I've been able to hook you into the story despite your obvious distain for the source material. (Don't worry. I won't hold it against you. ;) ) Thanks.

Miss Kitty Fantastico: Wow. I said that I don't think there's anyone here on the Kitten who is a bigger Star Wars freak than me. Now I might have to eat my words with a side of orange juice. Thanks.

CaptMurdock: I should really thank you, dude. Or whack you over the head. I'm not sure which. Even though I had the idea to do this for a while, I've only been able to convince myself that this could work after having several things happen. And reading your Star Trek fics (which, by the way, are great) was certainly one of them.

I'm glad you're not making such a big deal about Tara's age and all. (Hell, I'm probably making a bigger deal out of it than others. And I'm the frikkin' author!) I suppose you could say that her reluctance to use her abilities as much as she would like is sort of compensation.

And thanks for your comments about Willow. It means a lot. It really does.

As for the two of them going up against Darth Maul, well...

That would be telling too much right now. ;)

Next two chapters to go up before noon. Hold tight, folks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:10 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

[center]Chapter Three[/center]

The trip down to the surface of Naboo had not gone as well as Tara would have liked. She had been surrounded on all sides by battle droids that, even inert, had an air of authority around them and a presence that unnerved her. There were other droids and vehicles in the craft, making it nearly impossible to find a place where she and Willow could hide without being discovered.

She felt Willow’s hand tightly gripping hers, and gently squeezed back to show that everything was alright. Or at least as alright as things could be being surrounded by instruments of death and being taken down to a fertile paradise that was about to become a warzone.

She shook her head at that thought. The Naboo were a peaceful people, with very little in the way of a standing army.

No. It wouldn’t be a warzone.

It would be a slaughter.

Onboard another landing craft, Qui-Gon sat cross legged on the ground near an out of the way corner that he suspected would remain uninhabited by droids. The few droids needed to pilot the craft were no doubt in the ship’s bridge receiving their orders, which would no doubt remain undisturbed until the invasion forces touched ground.

That thought filled him with dread for a moment, but he quietly pushed it aside. It would not do well to have his mind thinking about how a simple negotiation had gone so wrong. Best to keep his mind on the present, and find a way to contact Coruscant.

He felt a distinct ripple of fear in the Force then. He knew that it was not coming from himself, as he was managing to keep himself under control. He knew that Obi-Wan was not prone to such feelings, not even when things had been at their most desperate. Master Maclay was often reclusive and shy, but could apply herself when the situation warranted it.

Which left…

Qui-Gon let a small smile spread on his face. It did not surprise him that Willow had been frightened by the events of the past few hours. Ever since that incident many years ago when she had found her way out of the Temple and made her way into the undercity. Of course, Tara had covered up the incident, saying that she had been part of the plan to bring that Black Sun Vigo to justice, but Qui-Gon could easily sense the lie. Whether or not the Council had as well, he could never tell. But the fact that the two had not been punished had made it clear that, whether or not they did, it was important to keep the two of them together. Tara was an accomplished Jedi, who had been a Master for some time now. Willow was among the brightest Youngling at the Temple, although her lightsaber combat skill were far below average. But she had the potential to be a powerful Jedi regardless, her Force abilities rivaling those of Padawans twice her age.

He thought back briefly to that day, and realized now, just as he did then, that the two were destined to play a part in the grand scheme of things, as dictated by the Living Force. What role that would be, he could not then, and still could not now, determine.

But such thoughts would have to be put aside for now. The role of the Jedi that was dictated by the Unifying Force would have to wait. The Living Force demanded quick action regarding the current crisis.

The fleet of landing craft had touched down on the surface of Naboo mere moments ago, discharging their collective charge of battle tanks, troop transports and scout craft. Droid starfighters flew overhead, the howling of their engines breaking through the peace of the midmorning air.

It was a sight that made Tara sick. But at the same time, she could not bring herself to turn away.

A slight tug at the hem of her robe brought her attention behind her.

“Master, we should get to cover,” she heard Willow say from behind her. “We don’t want them to find us.”

Tara nodded, and moved down from behind the fallen tree long from which she had been lying against only moments earlier. Making her way down to Willow’s side, she gave her Padawan a thoughtful look.

“They won’t find us, Willow,” she said, not really saying it with the confidence she should be feeling in this situation. But she knew that to break down in front of Willow would not do her any good. She had been frightened out of her wits by the incident onboard the Trade Federation ship, and needed all the encouragement she could get.

The two walked in the forest for some time, neither of them saying anything aloud. But Tara could feel Willow’s fear in the Force, and she had one hand on the hilt of her lightsaber ever since they had touched down.

”Better say something to make her feel better,” Tara thought. ”It might help get her mind off things.”

Turning down to face Willow, she said, “You did well.”

Willow looked up and gazed into Tara’s eyes. “Really?”

“Really,” Tara confirmed with a slight nod to her head. “It’s not every Jedi who can take out a couple of battle droids.”

Willow’s head, which had been looking at Tara’s with hope, suddenly decanted to the ground. “I’m sorry. I know I should have been of more help than that. I mean, if I had practiced more often. Master Drallig always did say I had a lot to learn about lightsaber combat.

“Fortunately, that’s only one of the few things you need improvement with, Padawan,” Tara replied with a smirk.

And she meant it, too. In the ten years she had known Willow, the child she had met had grown in the Force, having become adept at several basic Force abilities, and demonstrating the potential to become more. The only thing that kept her back was an unwillingness to use her talents unless it was really necessary. While she was adept at the Force, her true talents lay with computers. In one rather well known instance, she had completely rewritten the library access computer to make it more streamlined, and had unfortunately lost a great deal of information in the process. Fortunately, the information was easily retrieved from the backup files in the archives.

“I’m glad that you think so, Master,” Willow said, and was about to continue when she felt Tara’s arm on her shoulder.

“Please, Willow,” she said, her voice taking on the quality of a prisoner about to make his last request before being executed. “We’ve known each other for almost ten years now. Call me Tara.”

Willow was reluctant to do so, and even more so by the sudden change in the attitude of her Master. She felt through the Force that she was feeling a great need, though what that need was she wasn’t able to tell. She sighed internally. Her Master had always been a private person, speaking very rarely of her life before they had met, and even less so about her life before she became a Jedi. But they had opened up during the ten years that they had been Master and Apprentice, even to the point of forming an emotional bond.

For her part, Tara was also confused about what was going on. She had always tried to maintain an emotional distance between her feelings for Willow and her mandate to the Jedi, but recently it had become even more difficult. She thought the feelings she had experienced that night ten years earlier were just a fleeting thought for a civilian. Of course, that was before she had figured out that she was a Jedi Youngling, which threw a fusioncutter into the whole situation.

The two turned to look at each other, Willow gazing into those ocean blue eyes, Tara into the eyes as green as the forest around them. They both put their arms around each other’s waists, slowly at first, but then more firmly.

It felt like an eternity before either of them said anything. What had happened onboard the Trade Federation ship was not an accident. Of that they could both be absolutely sure. But what did this mean? And how could they be able to handle it given their current situation? And how would the Council react when they found out?

Their silent, and thankfully unwatched display of barely contained passion was broken as they heard the snapping of twigs, the fall of trees…

…and the hum of approaching vehicle repulsorlifts.

Willow broke contact with Tara to look at the source of the approaching sounds and noticed, to her horror, that a AAT battle tank, along with several scout skimmers approaching from behind them. A quick glance at the area behind them showed an alarming amount of the same approaching in single fire formation.

Willow swallowed and turned to look at Tara. “I hate to be like Obi-Wan, but…”

“I know, Willow,” Tara said, allowing her feelings of dread to surface for the first time. “I have a bad feeling about this, too.”

Inside the turret of the AAT, BAS-163 kept a vigilant eye on the terrain, watching as the STAPs moved into . The area through which the force would need to traverse to get to Theed was rather treacherous, but with the Multi Troop Transports taking the lead in the more hazardous areas, the path had become somewhat clearer, though no less difficult to circumnavigate. In areas where the local foliage was less plentiful, the more maneuverable artillery would pass. Small forces had already been dispatched to New Centrif, Vis, Parrlay and Spinnaker to secure the resources there and to ensure that no one at either of those towns were able to contact anyone who may be able to assist.

A sudden heat signature caught BAS-163’s attention. Bringing the barrel of the cannon slightly to the east, he saw two human figures running in the opposite direction. Their attire matched the profiles loaded into the battle droids shortly after planet fall by ground commander OOM-9 of the Jedi who had been onboard the Profiteer a short time ago.

BAS-163 sent a message to the Droid Control Computer onboard the Control Ship, requesting instructions. The query was dispatched in an instant, the reply coming back a bare microsecond later.
”Tank THX-1138 and STAP units 683 and 392 diverted from main attack group to deal with Jedi. Capture if possible. Eliminate if necessary.”

The tank accelerated, joined by two STAPs as the rest of the army continued on to Theed.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:11 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

[center]Chapter Four[/center]

Tara moved in front of Willow, drawing her lightsaber and ignited it with one hand, while gently pushing Willow away from her with the other.

“Get going, Willow,” she said. “I’ll hold them off.”

”But Master…” Willow started before seeing Tara’s head turn and shot her a glare that didn’t invite an argument. Seeing the look, Willow broke out into a run as fast as she could. She knew that she could use the Force to move quicker, but she couldn’t concentrate. Her mind was still stuck on Tara, and how she was leaving her behind to deal with who knows what.

All she could do was keep running…and hope that Tara would be alright.

The two STAPs came in at opposite angles, forcing Tara to divide her attention. The vehicles were fast and maneuverable, but didn’t pack as much firepower as the AAT that was rapidly coming down on her. Fortunately, it had not leveled it’s blaster cannon at her. But she knew that the moment it did, she was a goner.

Which meant that she had to even the odds a little.

One of the STAPs was closing in now, its blaster cannons firing at her. Tara dodged the blast, snap rolling on the ground and bringing her lightsaber up to block the follow up attack. Unfortunately, the roll left her unable to deflect the blast straight back at her attacker, hitting a nearby tree and burning a hole through the bark.

The other STAP had taken advantage of her momentary distraction to fire at her. The blast missed, but came dangerously close to hitting her. Getting to her feet, Tara took notice of the incoming vehicle, stretched out through the Force, and threw the blade at the vehicle.

The blade impacted against the vehicle’s midsection, causing an explosion that sent the droid pilot flying off the vehicle a second after the green blade had bisected it. The two chunks crashed into the ground.

Tara caught her lightsaber as it returned to her hand and spun around just in time to see the other STAP closing in on her. It was too late to do anything, so she leapt towards the oncoming vehicle. At the apex of her jump, she extended her leg and delivered a swift kick to the side of the droid’s head, knocking it from the controls.

Tara landed on the ground as the STAP came to a stop several feet away. She passed a glance at the droid, but it had not moved from where it had fallen. She was about to move towards it to finish it off when a sudden explosion caught her attention. She turned around and noticed the tank was on approach, its turret turning in her direction.

Tara made a run to the STAP and leapt onto it. She had to take a few moments to orient herself and get into a position from which she could easily control the vehicle. As she attempted to do so, she realized that there was nothing easy about it. With the bulk of their armed forces made up entirely of droids, the Trade Federation made no need to make its vehicles user friendly.

Still, she managed to find a way to operate the vehicle and, putting aside the momentary pain she felt as her body adjusted to her new position, angled the STAP away the oncoming AAT.

Willow put her back to a tree, pausing for a few moments to rest. She hadn’t felt that she was being pursued, but in as an emotional state as she was, she couldn’t be absolutely sure about that.

All she knew was that she was safe. As for Tara…

She closed her eyes and opened herself to the Force, trying to feel Tara’s presence. She tried to calm herself, using the meditation techniques that she had been taught, and found that she was only partially successful in the attempt. She could pick up feelings, but couldn’t assign a face to them.

She felt the loneliness of someone…someone who felt like she had been abandoned. The calm presence of two others coming from…underground? And the unbridled fear of a third being in their midst.

And she felt…

”By the Force!”

Her eyes snapped open.

“Tara!”

She ran back the way she had come.

BAS-163 had no emotional programming, but if it did, it would almost feel a sense of respect and admiration for the way the female Jedi had handled herself in combat. Of course, she was now on the run. She dispatched the two support vehicles with ease, but knew that she could not deal with the firepower and armor of the AAT.

A command came into BAS-163’s main processor from the Droid Control Computer.

”Capture attempt unsuccessful. Eliminate with whatever force deemed necessary.”

BAS-163 aimed the turret of the AAT several meters ahead of the Jedi’s current flight path, lowering its metal thumb over the cannon’s trigger.

“Roger, roger.”

Tara was thankful that she had been thrown from the STAP. She didn’t think that her body could be in any more pain than she had been when she had been forced to accommodate the position she had to make in order to fly the craft.

Her thoughts had lasted all of two seconds before she had collided with the ground.

Thankfully she wasn’t seriously hurt, but she knew that she couldn’t get up and move quickly enough to avoid the tank’s retaliatory attack. She got up to her knees and accepted her fate, knowing that she was leaving Willow alone with no support, no means to find Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan and with no means to get off of the planet.

”I’m sorry, Willow,” she thought. ”I’ve failed you.”

She felt the tears welling in her eyes, but she was surprised to realize that the tears were not for herself, but for Willow. Over the past ten years, they had gotten to know one another rather well. She may have been rather young for a Jedi Master, but she had been able to hold her own against assassins, crime lords and bounty hunters of all sizes, shapes and designs.

So why did the thought of leaving Willow alone in the universe frighten her? And why did she feel the way she did about it?

She never was able to figure it out.

And now she never would.

BAS-163 was curious.

It wasn’t programmed to be curious, and it knew it. But it could not shake the feeling of surprise that it held for the behavior of the female Jedi. Perhaps she had been injured during the fall. Perhaps she had some last minute attack planned. But it did not matter now. She was apparently allowing herself to be captured.

The tank came to a dead stop. The hatch leading from the turret opened and BAS-163 raised itself up through it, reaching for the blaster rifle on its shoulder mounted holster.

“In the name of Viceroy Nute Gunray of the Trade Federation, I hereby place you under arrest,” it said. “Surrender your weapon.”

As the Jedi moved to unclip her weapon, BAS-163’s auditory sensors registered a new sound. He could not place its origin, but that was inconsequential. Whatever it was could do little to interfere with the situation at hand.

It took a few moments for BAS-163 to register that the sound was fast approaching, a second longer to realize that it did not belong to the natural environment.

The droid turned its head to look at the source of the approaching sound.

It was a lightsaber.

Tara watched in surprise as the lightsaber streaked out from seemingly nowhere to slice the head off the battle droid, sending it and its now headless body clattering inside the vehicle from whence it came. It spun back on its axis to land straight into the hand of…

“Willow!” Tara groaned.

The red haired Padawan came running out from further into the forest, heading straight for the tank, which had begun to orient itself towards the incoming figure.

“Hold on, Tara!” she shouted, leaping into the air and landing on the barrel of the tank.

“No!” Tara grunted, straining to get to her feet. “Get out of here!”

“I’m not going to leave you here!” she shouted as she crawled along the length of the barrel, not an easy task as it was now moving in a so far fruitless attempt to shake off its passenger. Willow reached the end of the barrel and leapt behind the tank out of sight of Tara.

Tara couldn’t see what was going on, and concentrating on the pain she was feeling, she was unable to tell what was going on inside the tank. But she did hear the sound of blaster fire, followed by the unmistakable hum of a lightsaber.

And perhaps, what frightened Tara the most, a shrill and abrupt shriek that was unmistakably Willow’s.

Tara struggled to remain awake, but gradually felt the pain overwhelm her senses, and she blacked into unconsciousness.

Nute Gunray was not having a good day. The idea of blockading Naboo had seemed a bad idea to many, but he knew better to displease Lord Sidious, so he had agreed to do so. After all, he knew that the Republic Senate would not allow such an action to continue for long, and knew that they would do whatever could be done to bring an end to the situation as bloodlessly as could be possible.

But he didn’t know that it would be Jedi who would come to do the negotiating. And he never would have suspected that Lord Sidious would order their execution and the invasion of Naboo.

At least he managed to gain some satisfaction by learning that a small detachment of the army had located two of the Jedi as he prepared to board the Lapiz Cutter to occupied Theed. But his distress had once again surfaced as the Sheathipede-class shuttle prepared to land near the Royal Palace. Contact had been lost with the detachment and with the bulk of the army at the time making their way to Theed, no assets could be spared to investigate.

As the shuttle touched down, Gunray stood up and straightened his robes and three crowed tiara miter and made his way to the hatch, Rune Haako following a respectful distance behind him. Making his way down the ramp, he was greeted by a Command Droid who announced that the Queen and her entourage had been captured.

Gunray turned to Haako and allowed a smile to cross his features. Despite all that had happened, their task had been completed.

And now nothing stood in their way.

“Ah! Victory!”

Post subject: Re: The Star Witches Saga. EP 1 CH's 3 and 4 On
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:52 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

That starwars wiki is indeed somewhat needed for a rather SW-illiterate like me :) Heck, I had to look up 'padawan'. I've seen 4,5,6 and 1 in that order but don't remember the details. Which I suppose is good, if you're following that story... but surely it will deviate from that path eventually?? Not that *I* would know mind you ;-)

Age is indeed somewhat of a problem, well at least it was to me when I read about Willow meeting a Jedi named Tara at age 10. You said they are in 21/29 in your replies but the story sets the difference at 10 years ? Age differences by themselves are not all that important but it helps to know where/what Tara was when she met Willow.

Leave it to Willow to be curious about almost anything indeed. I don't know how Jedi training works at all, but Willow being in training at age 10 must have some people caring for her like parents ?

Where did Tara want Willow to run to anyway? I understand Tara defending Willow against oncoming troups, but where was Willow supposed to go? For I minute I thought Willow was going to help Tara use that capture STAP thingie.. I suspect Willow is more able to use such machinery.

Never mind, figured it out... Willow only killed the tank's driver/gunner. Other people inside said tank should be sitting ducks, hopefully. This is just me being overly optimistic about this Willow doing any combat which is not directly related to protecting Tara... by the sound of it she is at the very least injured, not good... nope.

Tara's self-diagnosing skills leave something to be desired. She judge her injury as minor and expected to be able to get up with some time given. Yet she drops unconcious when Willow has taken away the immediate threat? Injury must be worse than expected than.

Willow is smart though, going to the top of the barrel were it can't target her. Jumping of the back was probably less wise.

A warzone is a pretty bad place to figure out you like each other in perhaps more than master/apprentice way. Best put that on hold and get out alive.

The SW universe itself does have lots of possibilities for uberstories (just look at the number of books written about it ;-)) , I just hope this story doesn't follow the movies too much. Specifically the Anakin/Vader storyline, though I'm told it was done fairly well in Episode-3. It's just that I've seen Willow turn Dark/Evil/Bad quite often :cry , for some reason hardly anyone tries that with Tara :lol. But this is me probably thinking waaaay to much ahead, I tend to do that.. sorry :-D

Come to think of it, I don't recall any StarWars uber-stories with our two witches/jedi at all? There have been a fair share of StarTrek stories, but none based on StarWars I think.

Why didn't Willow practice with her saber back at school? Normally she wants to master pretty much anything she does. Maybe she needs a motivation first? Protecting Tara will do fine for that ;-). Of course Willow was going to come back and at least try to protect Tara, regardless if she actually could do anything.

Now of course I'm anxious to know what became of Willow back in the jungle fighting evil soldiers. Made it almost frustrating to read about Gunray not having his day and all :lol. Not sure why he declares 'victory' and about WHAT specifically, it's not like he has achieved all that much really.

P.S. Did you know your subject-line is too long if you prepend "Re:" to it ?? Silly forumsoftware says so... I first thought my message was too long... weird.

Grimmy

Last edited by grimlock72 on Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:10 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Grimmy: Hey! A fellow Transfan! Nice to meet ya.

grimlock72 wrote:
Age is indeed somewhat of a problem, well at least it was to me when I read about Willow meeting a Jedi named Tara at age 10. You said they are in 21/29 in your replies but the story sets the difference at 10 years ? Age differences by themselves are not all that important but it helps to know where/what Tara was when she met Willow.

I think I should make this clearer, because something tells me that I'm gonna get hung up on this again if I don't.

TPM (and by extension, this story) is set 32 BBY (32 years before the events of ANH). Willow is 21 in this story, so that means that when she was ten, it was 43 BBY. Tara was 18 at the time and a Jedi Knight. (BTW, if you're wondering who her Master was when she was a Padawan, that will be revealed in time, though I can tell you that EU fans will find it interesting ).

grimlock72 wrote:
Leave it to Willow to be curious about almost anything indeed. I don't know how Jedi training works at all, but Willow being in training at age 10 must have some people caring for her like parents ?

This sort of thing makes me think you're not a SW fan (or at least not on the level that I am). During this era, Jedi were identified at a very young age (six months to one year) and taken from their parents for training at the Temple. They are taught in clans by Yoda until they reach the age of thirteen, when, if they are not selected as a Padawan learner, they are assigned to a different branch of the Jedi Order. Willow, being the bookish and knowledge gal that she was, would most likely have ended up in the Jedi Exploration Corps had she not stumbled out of the Temple and met Tara. (Hmm...could that be fate talking?)

grimlock72 wrote:
Where did Tara want Willow to run to anyway? I understand Tara defending Willow against oncoming troups, but where was Willow supposed to go? For I minute I thought Willow was going to help Tara use that capture STAP thingie.. I suspect Willow is more able to use such machinery.

Tara just wanted Willow to find a safe place to hide. By this point, it's become obvious to her that this situation wasn't one that she wanted Willow to get into. (remember how I said that most missions that the two embarked upon until this time were relatively low risk?)

grimlock72 wrote:
Not entirely sure what remaining forces were firing at Willow though, Tara took care of the two smaller steppers and Willow decapitated the tank thingie... which leaves nothing??

I'm not sure you get what it is I was trying to say here. The entire army is setting up for the invasion of Theed (completed by the end of the chapter), with only those three units diverted to get Willow and Tara.

grimlock72 wrote:
The SW universe itself does have lots of possibilities for uberstories, I just hope this story doesn't follow the movies too much. Specifically the Anakin/Vader storyline, though I'm told it was done fairly well in Episode-3. It's just that I've seen Willow turn Dark/Evil/Bad quite often, for some reason hardly anyone tries that with Tara . But this is me probably thinking waaaay to much ahead, I tend to do that.. sorry

Yeah. I kinda wanted to go a different route with this fic. While it does cross over with the movies a bit, it's basically all about Willow and Tara.

And as for whose gonna end up going evil...well, I won't tell you now, but let's just say that by the time I get there, there should be plenty of reasons for it to go one way or the other.

grimlock72 wrote:
Why didn't Willow practice with her saber back at school? Normally she wants to master pretty much anything she does. Maybe she needs a motivation first? Protecting Tara will do fine for that . Of course Willow was going to come back and at least try to protect Tara, regardless if she actually could do anything.

Yeah, Willow isn't all that great with the lightsaber, though you might notice that she seemed to gain some skills when she had to protect Tara from the big bad evil droids. (again, is Fate making an unwanted appearance? )

grimlock72 wrote:
Now of course I'm anxious to know what became of Willow back in the jungle fighting evil soldiers. Made it almost frustrating to read about Gunray not having his day and all .

I'm already at work on it. As for Gunray, he's still gonna end up dying. But who does it? Well...I'll just let you chew on that for a while.

grimlock72 wrote:
Not sure why he declares 'victory' and about WHAT specifically, it's not like he has achieved all that much really.

I think I would call the takeover and occupation of an entire city with little to no resistance a "victory", wouldn't you?

EDIT: And for those who, for some reason, are still hung up on the age issue...

A Padawan followed and helped his or her Master everywhere, unless seen unfit by the master, from simple tasks to dangerous missions so that he learned from experience and personal guidance. When a Padawan was elevated to knighthood, he or she passed the 'trials' and their braid was cut off during the knighting ceremony. There was no fixed age when this happens: Padawans could even be adults.

Ha! Sometimes life doesn't suck!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

SithLordWiccan wrote:
Grimmy: Hey! A fellow Transfan! Nice to meet ya

You respond to quickly :-) In my attempt to get the feedback somewhat right and re-reading and such I've edited my original message a couple of times. Not in the least to hide some silly oversight of myself :-)

Quote:
This sort of thing makes me think you're not a SW fan

Correct, I've watched some of the movies... liked most of them but am not as knowledgable on the SW universe as say the Trek universe. That's always my trouble with Uber stories, I rarely know the universe concerned very well. Does make the stories very new/fresh to me though .

Quote:
I'm not sure you get what it is I was trying to say here. The entire army is setting up for the invasion of Theed

Yeah I edited that, I initially thought Willow's saber destroyed the tank. I don't know much about the size of said tank so don't be surprised :-)

Quote:
Yeah, Willow isn't all that great with the lightsaber, though you might notice that she seemed to gain some skills when she had to protect Tara from the big bad evil droids. (again, is Fate making an unwanted appearance? )

I figured she was using her Force skills more as opposed to trained saber skills there. If that makes sense. She sure would be highly motivated to take the direct threat to Tara out. Not sure if that would help or hinder concentrating on using the Force.

Quote:
I think I would call the takeover and occupation of an entire city with little to no resistance a "victory", wouldn't you?

Hardly. Said city had no means to offer much of any resistance. Occupying a city is easy, maintaining control is MUCH harder. Then again I never understood the overall reason for much of the events in Episode 1 . Probably somewhat my own fault for not paying much attention, yeah I know..heresy and all. (I thoroughly disliked the way Ep1 ended by the way but that's a tiny bit off-topic here:-=)

About the age thing (heh); I'm not all that hung up about it really. It's just a surprise to realise W/T are several years apart. More then we're used to anyway. Once both are passed 20 that difference is less important to my mind anyway. You'll have your reasons, after all Willow could have been easily been 12 when she met Tara. It's not like Tara is now as old and wrinkled as a certain well-known Jedi Master, heh.

Grimmy

Last edited by grimlock72 on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: (New Uber!) The Star Witches Saga. EP 1 CH's 3 and 4 Onl
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 1:07 pm 
5. Willowhand

I'm a big Star Wars fan and I'm old enough to remember it the first time round! I like this - especially since it involves our two favourite ladies.

I can just picture Tara as a Jedi Master, she radiates calmness. Willow as a Padawan is interesting - she's nervous, especially when it comes to her Lightsabre but Tara seems to keep her grounded.

I can't wait to see where you are taking this story.

Caz

"I'm a bloodsucking fiend! Look at my outfit!" Willow - Doppelgangland

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:21 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Good updates. Interesting to see how Willow upped her skill levels with the light sabre when Tara was threatened - perhaps she needs that extra incentive to effectively channel 'the force'?

As for your comment about their age difference,
Quote:
And it would only really be a problem if I was planning on taking their relationship to a more...*ahem* mature level, and that's not gonna happen.
- well, damn! Come on, plenty of 'mature' relationships with larger age differences than that.... :eyebrow .

I'm sure Willow's got the tank in the bag. I wonder who/ what were the other beings she sensed earlier. Looking forward to more.
Anne

Every path has its puddle. Old English Saying... I think I just stepped in mine...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 2:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

Oh, and excellent start. Unlike a lot of fans, I did enjoy the prequel saga. Of course, some storylines were questionable (like a society being able to build intelligent robots and travel the stars that is somehow unable to perform a life-saving cesarian.), but they were visually spectacular.

I think you're doing great with your story so far, and Willow and Tara are building on their talent to get themselves in trouble in this story as well. :D

I'll certainly be reading. :D I, for one, can't wait for my favorite SW character to show up :

http://theforce.net/museum/images/Prequ ... ievous.jpg

Oh, Willow and Tara in the Clone Wars. Lovely prospect. :) And, um, not only because the Clone Wars sees the rise of General Grievous. :blush (sorry, got a soft spot for robots). A gritty, all-devastating war ironically often is the prefect setting for great romance for some reason. ;)

Keep it up!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:20 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Grimmy: Well, yeah. They did take over the city. And they did hold onto it. But they didn't hold it for very long, now did they?

Caz: Glad to have you onboard. And yeah, Willow's not large with the butch. At least, not right now. She'll have to learn if she wants to survive what's coming, though.

Anne: I wouldn't go that far. Willow has the power, she's just not as confident about it. That'll change, however.

Useful_Oxymoron: I liked the prequels, too. I could understand why people bitched about TPM and AOTC, but after seeing ROTS, I've grown a lot less tolerant about people who rip on the prequels. Especially when their justification involves Jar Jar bashing in some way.

Thanks again for the comments on Willow and Tara's characterization. (Really, I need all the good words that can be sent in this regard.)

And yes, I do plan to cover the Clone Wars in this series. And Willow and Tara are gonna get into the thick of things.

And Grievous. Oh, yeah. You'd better believe I'm getting him involved. :devil

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:21 pm 
2. Floating Rose

More great chapters. I love how you are able to capture the characters so well, even Gunray and the droids. Some people might not get this story, because they don't really know the Star Wars, and this kind of cross-over requires quite a bit of knowlege of both universes. I really enjoy it, because two of my favorite things in the world are Star Wars and Buffy (specifically Tara and Willow). If you ever need someone to check your cannon as far as anything Star Wars ( though, if your work so far is any evidence, you don't) feel free to ask.

Quote:
Wow. I said that I don't think there's anyone here on the Kitten who is a bigger Star Wars freak than me. Now I might have to eat my words with a side of orange juice. Thanks.

How 'bout with some of those awesome Star Wars Pez?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:47 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

G'day, Sith.

Blimey, are you planning to keep up this pace for the whole saga you have planned? :-D If you keep doing double headers every time, you're going to spoil us.

Quote:
“Really,” Tara confirmed with a slight nod to her head. “It’s not every Jedi who can take out a couple of battle droids.”

You know, I'm not really surprised that Tara's comment didn't perk up Willow's spirits. I would have thought that Jedi who couldn't take out at least a few battle droids would have been in a minority. Maybe I'm a bit biased though; they seemed to play the battle droids seen in TPM as comedic relief for the most part. Sure, maybe Stormtroopers couldn't hit diddly squat, but at least they looked intimidating, right? :-D

The little anecdote about Willow's biggest slicing faux par was fun, though my inner conspiracy theorist wonders if she might perhaps get caught up in the issue of the removal of information from the Jedi archives in AOTC. :hmm Or am I just getting carried away here? :-D

I do have a niggling little question though; do they really know how they feel about each other yet, or do they just realize that what they're feeling isn't the traditional master/student bond?

You said, and I quote:
Quote:
What had happened onboard the Trade Federation ship was not an accident. Of that they could both be absolutely sure.
Okay, did I miss something here? Or are we talking subtext? (Which would explain why I missed it :-D)

Well, I know Tara's a Consular Jedi rather than a Guardian, but for one of the more powerful Jedi in the order, I think she needs to pick up her game. A reluctance to use her full power is all for the good, sure, but when her life is on the line, she needs to start pulling out all the stops.

I know the shooter in the AAT was a droid, and as such largely untouched by the Force, but Jedi can still predict and block their attacks with lightsabres, so I would have expected Tara to have been able to anticipate the attack that knocked her off her STAP.

And I'm not overly impressed that Tara effectively just gave up. Maybe it's just because I'm a stubborn git who hates to admit he's beaten, but I reckon there was still stuff she could have tried, injured or not.

Willow's tactic of closing with the tank was a good one. They aren't really designed to be terribly effective against infantry in close proximity. Tanks never are. Still, with three droid crewmen remaining, can Willow top her personal best? That shriek doesn't seem to bode well, now does it? Neither does Tara passing out.

Ahh, Nute. Naughty, naughty Nute. Falling into the most cliched villain trap of all: convincing yourself you've won when you haven't. Silly little alien pillock.

On a less feedback-y note, bring on the villains! Why, oh why, do the cooler villains get so tragically underused? I demand you salvage this dreadful situation, poste haste! ... Okay, so maybe demand is too strong a word. Perhaps ... beg shamelessly?

Now, I'm not going to throw my hat in the 'Biggest SW fan on the board' ring, 'cause I'd lose, but I will say that I'm enjoying this immensely.

Cheers,
Paul.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:25 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Well, four chapters in and I'm only just getting around to feedback. I guess I'm used to Star Wars happening at intervals of two or three years :blush

What I really like, aside from Willow and Tara (well, of course I like them) is that you're delving into the mechanics and processes of the story. In the movie, the 'invasion' of Naboo happened far too off-screen for my liking - it seemed like it consisted of landing a bunch of ships and declaring victory. I liked the nods to securing resources and curtailing possible avenues of resistance from the locals - I know they're not militaristic, but it's nice to see that some degree of efficiency and deployment of power went into subduing them, beyond just rolling out the tanks and looking impressive.

Also, I'm pleased to see Willow and Tara's story branch out from the storyline we're all familiar with, and take in different aspects of the invasion. I look forward to seeing more of that, it's most welcome.

In conclusion, you make me regret not getting to grips with my own Star Wars W/T idea far less - it's good to see a new Star Wars story around, and as an admirer of uberfic in general, SW is one of the major universes I'd imagined Willow and Tara might drop into sooner or later here on Pens (there's another W/T SW fic, post-RotJ, on Looking-glass, quite different to this, as you might imagine - it's welcome to see such diverse takes on the setting can both produce good stories). And now, I'm off to get to work beta'ing chapter 5 :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:48 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

Miss Kitty Fantastico: Thanks for volunteering to be my fact finder in all things SW. As much as I would like to claim that I'm a walking SW encyclopedia, there are some things I don't know.

Yeah. You heard me. :p

I might have to take you up on that offer.

Paul: I'd like to say that I'll be able to bang out chapter after chapter, but that can't really be possible. With no working computer at home, I have to spend most of my computer time at school, where I have half a dozen other things I need to do, including homework. And that's gonna end up becoming a problem come the middle of March when finals and exams start. But I promise to keep going as long as I can. After all, I don't want to disappoint my loyal readers. ;)

And yeah, the battle droids were sort of the comic relief of the movie, but I've gotta try to find a way to make them a bit more of a threat to our fearless ladies. After all, I gotta present some kind of danger here.

Hmm...will Willow tampering of the Jedi archives be mentioned later? Hmm...I dunno. I kinda don't wanna draw too much away from canon as far as that goes. (Somehow it sounds a lot better to say that Count Dooku made the information disappear on purpose than have Willow loose it by accident. Dagobah, on the other hand...)

As far as their relationship goes, they're both beginning to suspect it, though given the situation, it would be best to put the matter aside until they can find a way to deal with it. I can promise you, though, that it will happen sooner rather than later.

As far as Tara being off her game, well that's really a matter of choice. Jedi Consulars are more mediators and diplomats than fighters (at least that's how the WOTC RPG books state it.) Of course, I had to make sure that Jedi Tara stuck as much to Buffy Canon Tara as possible, so I decided to make her a powerful Jedi whose rather reluctant to use it. (And trust me, the reason why will be revealed.)

Yeah, the whole bit with Tara getting knocked out and cornered by the AAT kinda bothered me a bit. But I had to have a situation in which Tara would get knocked out and be saved by Willow, because it's important for developments which will be revealed later. I admit I probably could have done it better, but that's the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

I can't really speak about the shriek, but the reason for the blackout will be explained in the next chapter.

Oh, don't worry. I know I'm saddled with the sucky villains of the piece for now, but I've got plans to bring in Darth Maul to make our ladies lives more interesting. Don't worry, though. As much as Willow and Tara might get abused by him, Qui-Gon still ends up being the only one to get gutted like a fish.

Chris: Well, considering you're the one whose beta'ing this thing, I suppose that gives you a leg up that the rest of my readers don't, doesn't it? :lol

Yeah, the movie didn't really spell out the invasion rather well, but then again, the Expanded Universe really comes to the rescue. The stuff I mentioned about the takeover of smaller towns and gathering of resources came from the first three levels of the Trade Federation campaign in the game "Galacitc Battlegrounds". If you haven't played it, the first level involves the takeover of the three smaller towns of New Centrif, Vis and Parrlay, while the takeover of Spinnaker and the gathering of resources there comes from the third level. (The second level of the campaign involves a small force of droids attempting to recapture a droid control computer the Naboo have stolen and used to immobilize a small portion of the army, but I left that out because, as I said earlier, I'm trying to present the droids as more of a threat.)

And thanks for your comment about the branching off of the story. While the first two chapters were meant to connect to the movie, the rest of the fic is focused on Willow and Tara's adventures. I'm still trying to figure out how to involve them at the end of the movie, but I've got some ideas I'll run by you when the time comes.

And I really should thank you again for getting me to write this thing. I can't really thank you enough for it. And yeah, I have read that other fic on TTLG. It's not that great.

Anyways, take your time with Chapter 5. I might need to slow down a bit to concentrate on homework for the next little while.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:25 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Quote:
Miss Kitty Fantastico: Thanks for volunteering to be my fact finder in all things SW. As much as I would like to claim that I'm a walking SW encyclopedia, there are some things I don't know.

Yeah. You heard me.

I might have to take you up on that offer.

Thats why I offered. I know that not everyone is as much of a geek as I am, and I figured I could put my geekiness to good use.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:05 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Holy Crap this story is awesome im so determined to find out what is going to happen to willow and tara.. im sure it wont be easy for them to get out of there and i know there not dead since its the beginning of the story and all but please continue i am enjoying this very much and Star wars is awesome!!
Erin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 11:32 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

AlysonGoddess: Thanks for the kind words. Glad to have yet another reader onboard for the ride.

Chapters Five and Six have been sent to Chris, and will be posted sometime next week.

But I gotta say, I'm quite surprised that my fic has gotten the response that it has. I mean, even though I knew the fic could work, I had no idea how well it would be received by the Kittens.

And as reviews started coming in, even though I felt better, I was never really convinced that it would be successful.

Then I log into my Hotmail this morning, and read this:

Quote:
Hello. Just to let you know....I'm loving it so far!! How can you go wrong with Willow/Tara and Star Wars?!?! I'm hoping that your muse is with you and more updates will be following VERY soon! =) What can I say....I freely admit my greed!!

Thank you for your talent!

Wow. When I get that kind of a response, I know I've got it made. :-D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:38 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

This is good stuff, yo. I like Star Wars pretty well, although I'm not nearly as well versed on the ins and outs (heh) of it as you are, but I'm very intrigued. What a great setup - Willow and Tara are Padawan and Master, so they have all kinds of self-restraint they need to be practicing, but they also have this powerful tug and pull toward each other. And to make it legit and hopefully cool with the powers that be, they appear to be more than doubly powerful when together. I forsee much deliciousness in getting to see how their relationship fleshes out, especially against the backdrop of such cataclysmic events as the Naboo/Trade Federation/Clone Wars fights.

This fic puts me in an interesting position, I must say - because while Willow and Tara are the epitomes of hotness and stuff, so is Padme or Queen Amidallah or whatever her name is. The conflict of so many attractive women to mentally contend with - how will I survive? (Don't know if you're planning on having Padme enter the narrative, maybe this will focus on other events.)

Anyway, very well done so far and I'm looking forward to what's next.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:18 am 
10. Troll Hammer

yey! willow to the rescue! but she screamed and tara lost consciousness! what happened to them?! can't wait for the update!

as i've said before sith, you have here a great story that even non-SW/less versed SW fans can relate to... an absolutely riveting story after the fact!

can't wait to read on! great job as always sith!

may the force be with you in writing this fic! (sorry that was lame! couldn't help it!!)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 324 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next