The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NON-AU Season 4 filler fic!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:39 pm 
3. Flaming O

Rating: G to NC-17 (dialogue being G-rated)
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Spoilers: Pretty much yes, though why anybody who hasn't seen Season 4 would be on this board is beyond me.
Summary: What we all wanted to see in Season 4, but didn't because of homophobes and etc. I'm sure many others have done this bit too, but I wanted to take my own whack at it. I'm hoping I've been able to portray their characters and passion in a realistic, canon way.
I would also like to say that I am so grateful for the reverence that Buffy has always treated W&T with, except towards the end of course.... But overall, I thought it was so amazing how their relationship could grow and deepen, and I thought it gained a lot through that gradual process... which is why I set the beginning of their *physical* relationship so late.

Hope you like!

[center]Between Breaths[/center]

"The inward eye, the sightless sea... Ayala flows through the river in me."

The flow of the chant was disrupted as Willow fell out of the circle, out of the spell, out of the reality and into... somewhere else. Tara watched her back arch, heard her climax through the daze of the spell's ending, as the magic circle around them dissolved into the air.

"Willow, Willow." Tara leaned over the prostrate form, half-expecting the eyes to stay as they were, to find that she had pulled the two of them up and out of the other woman's mind too late, that she had left Willow behind somewhere. She had been sure she carried Willow with her.

But her eyes opened. Willow was there. They took a deep breath together, and a smile blossomed between them. Relief for Tara...

"Gosh. Seeing you smile like that makes me so happy." Willow sat up slowly, frowning. "What just happened?"

Tara withdrew a little. "I, uh... What do you remember?"

Willow's brow furrowed in an expression Tara had become very familiar with. "We did a spell, didn't we. And... Faith!" Her expression shifted rapidly from thoughtfulness to disgust. "She just can't keep her... her self to herself! And... Buffy. Oh gosh. I remember now." She sighed. "How come I ended up on the ground?"

"I, uh... I don't know," Tara said, avoiding eye contact. "So it's that girl that, uh, we were looking for before. The one with the running away?" She rose and went to her pile-o'-books. "Do you remember, that night.... With the disspelling spells? You know, the touch-tokens attuned to a certain type of magic?"

Willow made a soft noise as she approached Tara. "That night I stayed over?" she murmured. She was close behind Tara, and then her arms slipped around the other girl. "I remember." Her breath tickled Tara's neck.

Tara froze like a deer in headlights. Her arms were frozen too, suspended above one of her books; she felt ridiculous and obscene, and stupid, very stupid. Those feelings was as much as her brain could handle, being overwhelmed by a blanket of nothing. She was silent as she was still.

Willow must have sensed the disturbance she'd caused in her friend's mind, but unsure about how to interpret it, made no comforting movements. Her arms stayed around Tara's waist, though, as she tried to piece together the words to explain herself.

"I've got to tell you something. I don't know... how to say... what I feel, Tara. I... it's kind of like, every ten minutes something reminds me of you, or I think of something I want to say to you. And... and also... when I touch your hand... it's so nice. Not nice, like nice," Willow sensed her babbler start to shift in, but couldn't stop it. "Nice, like, um, fulfilling. And then I wonder what it would be like to touch you, other places, and have you touch me... And, and not like, in a bad way. All goodness of touches. Like, like this." She squeezed softly, bringing her body closer, spooning the girl in her arms.

Tara tried mightily to keep her breathing steady as her friend's body came against her. *'Not driving stick anymore...'* She relaxed her arms, but didn't know what to do with them after that; she settled them on the desk. "Me, too," she finally said, but it was a lie. She knew how she felt. Closing her eyes, she decided to risk it. "Willow, d-during the spell, I know it was Faith, or, or I guess it was B-Buffy's body, that we got c-c-caught up in, but, with your hand on mine, it kind of felt... felt like..." She didn't have a word for it.

"Appropriate," Willow murmured. She breathed deep, with a slightly confused look. "I-I mean, that's what it was like for me. When I looked at you. Like that's what we should be doing, when we touch. Feeling this way."

Tara closed her eyes again. "Yes." Her voice was sure; it sounded like a queen's, perhaps, or somebody with great power and wisdom-- at least that's how it sounded to Willow. Willow started nuzzling her softly.

Tara stopped breathing. A fire in her roared; the warmth spread from her center to all her limbs and then back, making her burn like only moments before, during the projection spell. "I have crazy thoughts, Tara," Willow whispered, her breath hot on Tara's neck. "I think... sometimes... that I could..." Willow kissed her jaw right below the earlobe, softly, questioningly.

Tara lost any coherency of thought she had possessed before. Breathing, yes, quickly, when the opportunity presented. Moving, yes, good. Lips together and apart, gasping, fingers exploring in a fever, in delirium, and skin, arms and hands and excellent stomachs soft together, and a need, desire that ran swift, thrumming through both their bodies, skipping between them, snapping with energy. Willow fell to the floor, breaking away from Tara's lips and grasping her ankles, running her fingers up the backs of Tara's legs, taking her skirt up to her hips. Tara stumbled, desire throbbing, as Willow buried her face in Tara's stomach, her hands clutching her backside, rubbing her.

She moaned, "Willow," and took her love's face in her hands and pulled her upright again, away from the stomach that Willow seemed to believe required only nuzzling pressure. They ate one another's faces, happy for the opportunity, but Tara had a vague plan now, and lost no time implementing it, sliding her foot between Willow's, and catching the hem of Willow's skirt. She pulled the skirt up to Willow's knees, relishing the way her action started the other girl's body shuddering, then quickly dipped her own body and caught the skirt with her legs, slipping a thigh between Willow's. Willow's arms slid up to Tara's back as her knees gave out.

Tara slipped her arms under Willow's, her leg in deeper, closer, and held her upright. Willow responded spectacularly to the bait, thrusting forward, and finally felt her underwear, and the throbbing beneath, touch Tara's body. They moaned at the same time, and Tara disengaged, guiding her backwards until her bottom touched something solid, a ledge-- the head of Tara's bed. Satisfied that Willow would not be collapsing so easily now, Tara embraced Willow's thigh with her own two, and Willow cried out softly, as if in pain. She was hot and moist against Tara's thigh, the liquid seeping through her underwear and tasting Tara's skin. Tara ground her hips against Willow's, touching her thigh tentatively with her own desire, and Willow caught on and began rocking into her, drawing her in, in hunger that didn't sate, only grew with each motion, compounding, building, grinding in long, hungry strokes... "Don't let go," Willow cried, and Tara, weakening, collapsing into the power of Willow, held her close and kissed her softly, offering her breasts and her tongue and her passion, finally, in hungry motion and panting, standing for both of them, loving Willlow as she threw her head back and screamed her climax, following her a moment later, in slow motion now, melting to the ground, legs locked and contractions and moaning and finally, still silence.

Willow, on top now, made an incoherent sound. Tara rolled so that they lay on their sides and sighed. *That* was how she felt.

Willow's hair obscured her face, so she brushed it away and saw that there were tears in Willow's eyes. Suddenly the unity of a moment ago shattered; Tara searched herself for a reason, sure that the redhead had returned the passion, had cried and thrust with an abandon no less than hers. Tears were not for a moment like this. Or were they?

"What is it?" Tara whispered.

Willow shook her head. "I don't know. That's just... just so nice." She slid closer to Tara. "Wow. I mean, I never... thought it could happen like that." She smiled and caressed her lover's face.

Tara moaned. "My god... you're like... a magnet. A lovely magnet." Willow smiled again and moved in to kiss her. Tara pushed away a little, and Willow, feeling it, backed way off and looked worried again. Tara returned the look.

"Are you sure, that, that this is how you've... felt, for a while, not just for right now?" She held Willow's eyes in her gaze, needing a confirmation, expecting something else.

Willow's eyes dropped. "Well, yeah. Why? What about you?"

Tara sighed, hating to say it. "It could be... just transference. I mean, that's the most likely explanation, isn't it? We've never done anything like this before." Her voice trailed off as they locked eyes again.

Willow took Tara's hand, which had been pressed between them. Her voice was light. "Definitely no. No transference here! I mean, just because we didn't do it, doesn't mean we weren't thinking it. Right?"

Tara tightened her lips and shook her head. "Y-You're straight, Willow. You told me about Oz, and Xander..."

"The soul knows no gender," Willow whispered. She remembered that time, a few weeks ago, when she'd stayed with Tara the whole night. One spell had left them both weak and shaking, freezing, and Tara had taken Willow in her arms and laid her on the bed, pulling covers over them both. In Tara's warmth Willow had drifted asleep, and awoke the next day with the strangest feeling, of comfort and wholeness, a feeling she hadn't had since Oz left... hadn't had to that degree, ever. Looking at Tara's sleeping face, she realized she didn't need Oz anymore. She would rather be needed, and need in return, in this softness and comfort, than act as a leech in some parody of a relationship-- a relationship in which one member could up and leave, and the other was expected to just... wait. Willow would not wait anymore.

"No," Tara replied. This time, their skin together did the kissing, and then it was Willow's skin kissing Tara's lips, and then naked Willow legs and white bottom and wordless, passionate supplication to a woman who took sweet time, sliding clothes slowly off, and then a sudden moment of self-conscious modesty that brought the dark covers over them both, at first cool and smooth, bringing Tara in, ending the toying and beginning everything else, soft thin fingers plunging and caressing, a little tentative, a little rough, a little bit of what would happen every day, desperately, in each silent empty corner they could find. Between classes and between breaths they found each other and claimed what they found, writing their names in thick fluid on every inch, desperate to make up for lost time, to take what they had while they had it.

They talked when they could, about spells or classes or people. "Buffy's spending a lot of time with Riley," Willow once whispered, directly after a particularly passionate go; Tara smiled as she asked if that was what she was thinking about. Often they talked about how mysterious it was that they had been so close, both feeling the same, and yet so tentative that nothing came through. Willow thought it was hilarious how Faith had understood their connection better than they had, and at first glance, too. She concluded that Faith knew her stuff, and that the pair of them were admirably blind when it came to... "it."

"It" was the closest either got to saying "love," though. As if making love was a smooth transition from making magic- both private and together, both a secret- they continued with their outer worlds, while being consumed from the inside with this crazy, blind passion. "Committment" was also taboo. Tara wondered again and again whether the lack of discussion meant it was implied, or not; she had expressed her own committment even before they became lovers, but the closest she got from Willow was an occasional affectionate name.

This went on through the Jonathan phase a week later, with no slight pause. The first social event they chose to attend, deferring sex, was a pretty little disaster all around, when it came to it; though it did get Willow talking.

"You know," she said as they walked to Tara's dorm room, "Sometimes I feel like... like that, too. It's strange, because I was sitting on Oz's lap, no problem, you know? But with you... I gotta say, I'm just kind of... pretty much afraid. I guess... of what the hypothetical 'they' might say. So it was... scary even to touch you." She paused, stealing a glance.

Tara looked at her seriously. "You know, what I said, I've never felt that. 'Dirty' is nothing even close to what it feels. It was the house speaking, not me."

Willow's lip twisted. "Well..." she said, and stopped walking. The crickets chirped. They were near Tara's dorm. "Sometimes I... kind of do. Because.. I guess because of everyone else. And... I never thought... I mean, I had feelings... But I mostly just ignored them, buried them. And Oz came along, and he was so perfect when it came to it, to having a boyfriend, and that's what's expected, you know? And I loved him a lot. He was so sweet."

"Yeah." They started walking, and after a while Tara looked up at Willow. "It's not bad, Willow. For a long time I thought it was bad too, but it's just... just that a lot of people don't like it, or don't respect it. But that's their problem. Not ours."

They reached Tara's room, a singles suite. Willow paused at the door and smiled, thoughtfulness done. "Right. Not ours." Tara ducked her head and went in first, and Willow's hand found the door to slam it blindly behind them, already lost in her lover.

Then, disaster. Oz's return. Confusion.

"Do what makes you ha-happy," Tara breathed, struggling at the last. And then they were together again, bodies melding, fingers caressing. They broke apart to find one another's lips, doing what they knew so well, Willow moaning already through her tears. She clung tightly with her arms, but her legs were weak and her kisses, passionate but supplicant. Tara came to her, they rolled on the bed, and then they found the rhythm and were off, not stopping for one another, surging on again and again, climaxes exploding onto each other. Finally, Tara slid her hand into Willow and the familiarity of that touch brought Willow back down. Though the motion did not stop, she breathed words. "Take something of mine. So I'll be with you. I need... I need to be with you." This trailed off into incoherency, but that was the final time. Tara brought Willow up, all the way up, and then sinking down again, into a deep drowsiness.

"Class," Tara whispered. Willow shook her head, eyes closed. Tara propped herself up and looked at Willow. "Come on, get up. Jefferson Hall is 5 minutes away. You're almost late."

Willow shook her head again and rolled into Tara, bearing her down into the mattress. She straddled her hips, leaning forward to suck on Tara's neck, then flattening her body against her girl's, reaching for Tara's breasts. Tara flipped over, bearing Willow backwards and allowing access. For a few moments they rubbed their bodies together, loving the friction and motion; Willow slid her leg between Tara's, and Tara rode it. Then she turned her body so that she faced Willow and pulled off the sweater, to Willow's delight.

Tara got up and out of the bed, leaving a soft kiss on Willow's lips. Willow complained wordlessly but vocally, feeling cheated and teased, reaching toward her lover, wanting the thoughtless ecasty of her touch. Something in the back of her mind reminded her that this was the game they played, that one of the two of them would always back away when it was time, that the other always begged but they were meaningless words. She sat up and shivered.

'*Oz,*' she remembered. She watched her lover sit down at the desk, pulling out a textbook and staring at it, her sweater in a ball on her lap. Standing up, she thought to approach her, and then sighed and moved to the door, picking her books up and going to Jefferson Hall.

Tara couldn't concentrate on the reading, but didn't try too hard-- she was already a few chapters ahead of the assigned reading. An hour and a half after Willow left, she stood and stretched, feeling a dead weight on her chest and trying to shake it off. She sighed and pulled at Willow's sweater in her hands, finally pulling it on, over her arms and shoulders, closing her eyes and feeling the Willow-cloth envelop her. She picked up her books and made her way out of the room, remembering that Willow's "class," a study session really, was over now, realizing that Willow was not coming back to her. She held her books closer to her chest.

Last edited by synthwrr on Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Between Breaths-- NON-AU Season 4 filler fic
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:09 am 
4. Extra Flamey

It's taken me a couple of reads to really get all the detail you've crammed into this. Everything is so poetic. I don't think I've ever read anything so steamy, and yet so devoid of the normal, cliché descriptions. It's almost ethereal, especially how you weave then and now together with what they each think and feel about their own actions and desires.

Beautiful.

http://citychickenfarm.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:39 am 
19. Yummy Face

Really beautiful writing... update-y goodness soon?

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:20 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I agree with the poster above. It's different, in a good way. Very steamy, indeed, without using descriptions you feel you've read before. So, please continue!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:26 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 1
Very poetic in its way, and definitely powerful.

I like that Willow made what amounted to the first move. It just seems logical to me that Tara, knowing Willow's history, would hold back so as not to jeopardize the friendship, but Willow still picking up on the deeper context. (and that's *not* just because I wrote it with a similar dynamic.)

This has the feel of a first chapter; is more coming?

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:35 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
Your right, technically this has been done quite a few times before, but this seems a lot more realistic in the mystical buffy verse way. I like, can't wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:42 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

wow good filler are you going to do more off it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:19 am 
3. Flaming O

wasn't thinking I would, but then I realize I kind of posted in the wrong forum in that case....
Anyway, it's late and I couldn't sleep and I'm actually... supposed to be asleep. But I go to thinking about a sort of semi-relationship I had, and this other fic that I read and got frustrated with, and...
This one's not as "present" as the last one, and chronologically *before*, but it kind of fleshes in the character a bit. Hm. I should probably make this thread into a "Non-AU filler fic" thread, generally, rather than pretending it's a short story at all.... What do you guys say?

K anyway here it is:

Rating: PG-13 (for adult themes)
Disclaimer: Buffy the Vampire Slayer and all its characters are the property of Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy.
Spoilers: Only "Hush" and "Family."
Summary: Covered that above

[center]Making a Space[/center]

It was freshman year in college, and Tara was in love.

They met in a philosophy class. The second week of class, the dark beauty had approached her and asked her about her take on the idea of the "Freudian slip." Tara, flustered and overwhelmed, muttered something about how Freud had to come up with a theory about everything.

The other girl had laughed. Her laugh was husky and fullhearted. "Yeah, so true. I mean, weren't like half his ideas rendered defunct? But I mean..." She'd sighed and shook her head. "Okay, so the question isn't really about philosophy anyway."

Tara had looked up and shook her head. "P-philosophy and psychology are essentially the s-s-same discipline... only d-different app-proaches." She closed her eyes in a silent grimace at her stutter.

The girl'd looked at her out of the corner of her eye, and when Tara caught that look, she gave up on having any further conversations with this exuberant, spellbinding person. But the girl's next words took Tara by surprise. "See, I knew you were insightful. That's why..." she paused. "That's why I wanted to ask you about this." She stopped and turned toward Tara completely. Students flowed around them, but somehow, it was like they were in a silent pocket, and each could hear each other perfectly; the ambient noise faded away.

She sighed. "Okay. So my girlfriend, she said something the other day. It wasn't... she didn't call me someone else's name or anything, that's so classic. She was just like... 'I hope you don't catch me cheating.' And I said, 'What?' And she said, 'Oh, what did I say? Cheating? I meant blah blah blah.'" The girl raised her eyebrows and sighed. "I mean, that's not all that makes me suspicious. But." She twisted her lip. "Freudian slip?"

Tara was speechless. First, this girl came to *her*, wanted *her*... advice? And... this girl's a lesbian? She'd never met anybody so upfront about their sexuality... other than straight people, obviously. And. *Girlfriend?*

"Well. I-I don't really know. Like, what other th-th-things has she done?"

The girl turned and started walking again. "Well, that's a long story. Hey, it's about lunchtime, are you headed to the cafeteria?" Tara nodded. "Okay. Basically, she keeps coming home late, and being really vague about where she was. And... she came home the other night with new boxers on. Acted really suspicious when I asked her about them, then said she'd bought them... Which is, well, okay, but they were *men's* boxers."

Tara winced and started blushing furiously. "Oh, hey," the girl said. "Short line. That's what rocks about being early to lunch." She grinned and winked at Tara. Tara felt her heart drop to her feet and her stomach lighten. I can't believe I'm reacting this way to this girl. Haven't I decided that I'm straight? No matter how I feel about.... And that I was just going to die a virgin? She tore her eyes away from the girl's, suddenly worried that her thoughts would shine through and scare the woman away. Did I just think "virgin"? This is crazy.

She and the woman talked for two hours; Tara barely ate anything, but her companion wolfed down two sandwiches and a few juices, explaining that she ran on the Cross Country team and needed the calories. The next day, the woman-- Valorie, she'd finally introduced herself as-- hunted Tara down and they spent the evening together. This went on for a week, missing just one day. That next week, Valorie told Tara that her girlfriend was moving out; that they'd broken up.

Tara was ashamed at the relief and excitement this news brought her, but acted supportive-- Like a friend, she kept reminding herself. Val definitely needs some time and space to deal, here. A friend is what she needs. The next week, though, Val brought Tara to hang out with her dyke friends. One cracked a joke about Val's new girlfriend, and Val didn't correct her.

Tara floated in the sea of time, watching it pass, amazed at its liquid quality. Life, for the first time since her mom died, was really, really excellent; she woke up and looked forward to the day. What the day consisted of was mostly Valorie. The girl mentioned so many ex-es that Tara lost track, which bothered Tara a little; and sometimes, when Tara called her friend or approached her, Val brushed her off.... But this didn't matter to Tara. She learned not to approach too much; to let Val come to her. She wondered when her time would come, when Val would lose interest and move to a new toy. But mostly, she floated. Waiting for Val to come back to her.

And Val did. After a few months, Val kissed her; Tara acquiesced, and loved her. A month after that, Val took off her clothes and showed Tara what sex was. Tara acquiesced, and loved her. The next day, Val didn't call, didn't come. Another day passed. Tara called. Val said she'd come right over. She did.

And the spark was gone. Val's eyes drifted. Tara was still in love. Her lover was not.

So Tara gave up on it. She didn't push for an explanation, already knowing what it was-- knowing that she was unworthy, that Val had humored her, that she was inferior and shouldn't expect anything from her former friend. She dyed her hair a feathery bleach. She lost herself in her studies. She went home over the summer and gained a few bruises and a lower self-esteem, and considered not going back to school, though her excellent scholarship had been renewed.

Considering what she would have if she didn't go back to school-- more bruises-- she decided that escape was better than servitude, at least for a time-- until her twentieth birthday. A short reprieve, but it was worth it... and maybe she could find a way to destroy her demon part, even at the cost of her magics. Sitting in the Wicca group she'd joined last year, thinking about this possibility, she saw a new face. A redhead with a smile that caught the edges of her lips, with kind eyes and a sort of breathy enthusiasm that stirred her. Tara found her voice in agreeing with the redhead, and even the group's scorn didn't lead Tara to despair. The girl had a sort of faith, a quiet strength, that she thought had died with her mother. Tara took heart in Willow's eyes.

When she lost her voice, she didn't miss it. But looking around her, she saw that Sunnydale needed its voice, even if she didn't need hers. And there was murder in the papers. Her demon part be damned, but she would do something about it. She gathered some relevant spellbooks and set off to Willow's dorm.

A half-hour later, and their hands were entwined, their wills and magics fusing softly, serenely-- powerfully. Tara hadn't even told Val about her magic. But this girl, before they had even exchanged a word, found that part of Tara that she'd kept hidden from everyone, and accepted it. Appreciated it-- loved it, even. Magic could do that, Tara supposed. Casting together, in deadly peril, minds one....

But in her heart, she knew it wasn't magic-- not exactly. It was their essences, finding each other. Friends, Tara reminded herself once again. But it wasn't exactly the spirit of friendship that moved her to reassure Willow. "No, you are," with penetrating eyes, her body struggling to express her sincerity. Strange, because Tara had been hurt so many times, by everyone she'd ever loved. But it didn't stop her from reaching out to this girl. Tara would say that it was because of Willow-- because she knew that Willow's heart was pure, and she couldn't help herself. Really, it was more Tara's trusting nature.

She was lucky.

Post subject: Re: NON-AU Season 4 filler fic! (feel free to post your own
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:50 am 
19. Yummy Face

Good short story about Tara's past...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Post subject: Re: NON-AU Season 4 filler fic! (feel free to post your own
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:21 pm 
Hello synthwrr,

My attention towards your fic was retained through the title you decided to use. There is definitely an appealing lilt to the honeymoon stage of the W/T relationship as portrayed in Season 4.

In relation to what was mentioned in your disclaimer, I must mention that I have personally not had the opportunity of watching the majority of the full episodes in this Season. My personal opinion is that there is a high possibility that people have not necessarily empathised/sympathised with the couple uniquely because of this initiating aspect – perceptions remain subjective as do the reasons for wanting to read cannon-based fic.

Moving back to the two chapters you've written, I felt that they were descriptively quite vivid. Your style of writing suggested two stage sets where I could look on from afar and assimilate all the disseminations of the unknown episodes that Joss Whedon had decided not to film. Reading about how fans have imagined these settings comes up as quite interesting at times. For example, the accommodation of Val as Tara's first girlfriend is your personal representation of Tara's past and I liked how you revised this particular schema: pointing us towards the relevant aspects of the character's life at the moment. And as the frame unfolded, it also set me thinking that Tara was indeed lucky to have Willow in her life.

Good luck with the rest of your chapters,

Vi'

Post subject: Re: NON-AU Season 4 filler fic!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:37 pm 
3. Flaming O

just caught up on this, really enjoying it. especially like that you took the time to cover some of taras romantic history, not alot of people do. well, more feed back to come, but now i'm off to check out stone founded.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:43 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey, this is the new incarnation of synthwrr.

Zampsa1927 Thanks for reading, and for the immediate response :)

nimloth Loth like the spider goddess!?!??!
Okay anyway, thanks for the extensive feedback :) Hehe, ya, okay, the title was a bit iffy =P
You're right on that point, I guess at the time I was just super obsessed with the idea of meeting somebody sweet and innocent, sharing the W&T experience (didn't work out that way, but spilt milk...).
As for the style, it's hard to pull off filler fics without either simply skipping the canon material (which gets troublesome) or totally re-writing history. Here, I did neither, which lends to my belief that I didn't actually pull it off.
As far as Val, I hope that I made her obviously annoying & slutty, while making it obvious that while Tara didn't exactly adore her, she had a certain desperate affection for her.

indigokane Let's be honest, I'm just responding to them so I can respond to you =P Anyway, thanks for reading, and ugh I feel like Stone Founded is just as heavy as its name implies... sorry :/
I think that Tara needs an ex, not just a one-night stand, not just being "out" to her parents. Neverland by EasierSaid does it best (btw, if you haven't read that, you should. Even though it involves sacrificing two days of your life to Kittenhood), but we've all got to have our own versions of it.
What I like best about my version of canon Tara is that she's very academically active, unlike many others' canon Taras. She has an well-paid internship as an archeologist (which I don't really get into much in this fic), and a decent scholarship for UCSD, which allows her to be mostly independent from her family and to stand separately from Willow, even at the beginning. She's also a year older, or at least started college a year earlier (which I don't think is quite canon, but I like). Although this isn't a Tara Joss shows us, we don't even know if Tara has ANY other interests but witchcraft in canon, which is obviously BS. Frustrated now.
:/ anyway :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

i was wondering if anyone else had noticed the age discrepency. i first noted it when reading the watchers guides that buffy was born in 1981 and tara was born in '80. (were willow and xander's years ever established?) the fic i'm working on follows that line and assumes tara is a full year older then the scoobs and one year ahead in school. was it ever established she was a freshman? hmmmm, more research is needed. :kdevil
p.s. stone founded is just fine. but it is a period piece and (this is me nagging) would benefit from a prologue.

if it's not real, you can't hold it your hands; you can't feel it with your heart, then i won't believe it. but if it's true you can see it with your eyes, even in the dark; and that's where i want to be. 'brick by boring brick' -paramore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

There was no reason to assume that Tara was a freshman EXCEPT that she lived in a dorm. My experience with UC dorms is that it's much more common for non-freshmen to have single rooms (such housing is free if you serve as a resident adviser, for example).
I've noticed that many people on this board don't seem to think the distinction important, but I see no reason to ignore it
prologueprologue lalala.