The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 12 10/29/12
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:09 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey, welcome back! Glad you're up and about again.

Lovely update, and makes me long for the Christmas season even though it's Halloween. A Christmas Story on loop means you always have something worth watching all day long.

That had such a nice, warm feeling to it, and I love how they made Willow feel welcome, especially Tara.

Great job. Can't wait for more.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:49 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm a big fan of christmas and your story, so this chapter was a wonderful combination. It is nice how openly Willow is accepted in this little family. I hope that Willow and Tara will soon share more about their past (it feels as if Tara knows almost nothing about Willow until now) and that it will bring them even closer together. More kissage would be appreciated too, of course! :wtkiss :)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Welcome back. I'm glad you're feeling better. Nice update. I love the holidays and Willow really gets into it. I'm impressed that she has the ingredients and recipes at hand to put together these baking goods on Christmas morning. I love the closeness of the family and it seems like everyone is ready for Willow to fit right in.

Hmmm. I'd have to go back and check but Robby calls Buffy, joyce, and Tara all aunt right? But I think that actually Buffy is his cousin - not his aunt. She's actually his first cousin once removed and Joyce is his great aunt. It's such a nice close relationship they all have. I'm eager for more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:46 pm 
9. Gay Now

Topics: 15
Or it could be like where i grew up: anyone older and female, who's not 'Mum' or 'Sis' is called 'Auntie'.

My Story: Coming Home

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:29 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Hi Heather! :bigwave

So VERY glad to see you back and feeling well! I really enjoyed this update, despite the fact that you made me crave Christmas goodies. :p Willow's baking was impressive and I felt tired for her. We do the Christmas cookie baking every year and it exhausts me, so kudos to Willow.

I'm glad to see everyone welcomed Willow with open arms and they had such an enjoyable day together. It was nice how you explained the family dynamics through tacky holiday sweaters, lol. Nice touch:) I love all those movies and especially 'A Christmas Story.' I make a conscious effort not to watch it until the 24 hour marathon every year. I get a lot of eye rolling from the family, but I watch it repeatedly throughout Christmas Day and always get a little sad when it ends.

Anyway, I am anxiously awaiting the next update!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:43 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the update. Happy to see that everyone is enjoying Willow's baking efforts.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Just a big thank you to everyone for all the well wishes and welcome backs!

Richard aka Azirahael,

I'm glad you enjoyed the warm fuzzies. I'm trying to keep this one fairly fuzzy by comparison, lol. Aww, poor thing, did I make you hungry? I'm ever so sorry about that... :grin

More of course will come to light about the family ties as things move along, but this is the start of putting the connections in place, you know?

Missocki,

Hi! :bigwave

Yes, even my mom owns A Christmas Story, lol. It's a classic in my house. You can tell the time by it? That's awesome, lol.

Glad you enjoyed that chapter!

wimpy0729,

Yes, the last update was around Halloween and this one get's us closer to the Xmas season, but I'm still not sure how most of this ended up taking place during the holiday season, that part was never planned, but there you have it. *shrugs*

Well, Robby, Buffy and Joyce have known Willow for a good bit of time now, so having her over for the holidays wouldn't be that much of a stretch or pseudo-adoption they feel for her at this point either. She's already kind of family to them now, you know?

Glad you enjoyed, and thanks for the feedback!

Wills redemption,

Aww, how cools is that? I managed to combine two of your favorite things! The kissage will keep coming, I promise. But I don't know how in depth I plan to do the explaining yet. It may not be something I delve into in great detail - I haven't decided yet.

Hope you keep enjoying the story.

Deb aka JustSkipIt,

Well, as for the ingredients for her baking spree, like she mentions she had it because she wasn't sure which one she was going to make. Have it all on hand and make the decision as the whim strikes with what sounds yummiest!

Robby calls Buffy "Aunt", Tara "Tante" (the french variant), and I haven't specified what he calls Joyce yet (but it will come to light that he calls her Gran), and yes Buffy is "technically" his cousin, and Joyce his Great-Aunt, but with Tara and Buffy being more like siblings than cousins, it was just simpler. Also since some of his actual family is missing, Joyce and Buffy kind of fell into filling spaces they might not have normally. Robby is basically being raised by all three women, even though Tara is technically his legal guardian.

So there you have a brief (I think) rundown, lol.

I promise more is on the way! Thanks for your feedback.

Shelby aka Finey_McFine,

It seems you aren't the only one I made crave Xmas goodies, so naughty me, I guess. But hey, you'll have some in a few weeks!

I thought the sweaters would A) be kind of funny, and B) something a kid would have fun with too, especially at around Robby's age (10) - old enough to enjoy it and have fun with it, without thinking its too lame, you know?

Everyone is now on the "We love Willow" train, some just took a little longer than others, lol.

Thanks for your comments. :wink

love_2003,

Well, its said that the easiest way to someone's heart is through their stomach. Man, woman, child - it doesn't matter if you cook something good and they like it, then you're in I have found.

Although Willow doesn't really have to try very hard, I mean c'mon, she's Willow!

Thanks for the feedback.

NEW POST BELOW.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

Post subject: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 13 12/04/12
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:15 am 
8. Vixen

Chapter Thirteen

Pairing: W/T

Angst Rating: PG

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Notes: As per the norm, there is no beta for this, so any mistakes are all my own. If you catch something by all mean PM me and I’ll fix it. Italics are for emphasis, and this is yet another fluffy little interlude between our girls and the rest of the family that makes up the Summers/Maclay brood. Enjoy!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I plopped down on the couch with a groan that made Joyce, Buffy and Robby giggle. Robby had turned on the television, and Buffy was channel surfing. I was rubbing my way too full stomach when Tara came in and sat down next to me curling up.

“Aww, do you have a tummy ache, Will?” she asked sweetly.

“Too much nog,” I groaned again, using both my hand to gently hold my over-stuffed tummy.

“Want me to rub your tummy for you, sweetie?” Tara asked innocently.

I nodded with a pout that made Tara chuckle, and she scooted closer to me on the couch. Gently resting her head on my shoulder, and with her hand on my shirt she began to rub slow circles. Her hand was warm; I could feel the warmth seeping through the fabric to my skin. It really did seem to be making me feel better. Then again it could have been simply because Tara was touching me too.

One thing I had observed while I had the chance to watch everyone together was that they seemed to be what I would call “touchy-feely”. It just seemed to be part of their dynamic; a touch here, and a pat there, maybe a hug, always a smile. My family was never really very touchy – I could probably count the hugs I’d received from my parents in all my life just on my hands. So to watch them interact with such genuine affection for one another, well I found it endearing.

I had even noticed it while we were playing games with Robby before dinner. The physicality they shared just kind of spilled over to include me – playful pokes, nudges and tickles. I had initially thought Buffy and Tara were just being playful with Robby, but once Joyce joined us I saw the hugs and pats.

So all in all it didn’t seem that odd for Tara to be gently stroking my rumbly tummy, and I started to doze off. The caffeine and sugar were wearing off too, and the lack of sleep combined with too much good food was working its magic.

Soon enough, I was in that place where I was in between being asleep and awake, I could hear but not respond. I was able to catch snippets of Buffy and Robby talking fading in and out.

“Are they sleeping?” Robby asked.

“I think they might be, but they had a long night last night, buddy,” Buffy said softly and the volume on the television went down.

“They’re cute aren’t they, Aunt Buffy?” Robby replied. “Should I get them blanket? I don’t want them to get cold.”

“Sure, c’mon, I’ll help you sweetie,” Buffy said and everything grew still.

That was the last thing I remembered hearing until I woke up on my side with Tara curled around me. At some point we had stretched out on the couch and shifted so we could cuddle together. The room was almost dark except for the gentle light coming from a fire someone had lit in the fireplace. It that was still giving off a goodly amount of warmth as it was dying away to glowing embers.

I looked into Tara’s face, smooth and peaceful in sleep. Her arm tucked around my waist possessively. The light and shadows danced all through the room, and the play across her slumbering features just held me fascinated. The only sound was her steady, deep breaths and the occasional pop and crackle from the remains of the logs.

I raised my hand and very softly stroked her cheek, down to her jaw. Her skin felt like warm silk under the sensitive pads of my fingertips. Very lightly I traced over the bridge of her nose, around her lush mouth; the sweetness of those lips still lingered in my mind from that morning. Just as I pulled my hand away, her eyes fluttered open. She looked around for a moment then looked down and smiled at me sleepily.

“Hi,” I whispered.

Giving me a gentle squeeze she replied, “Hey you,” her voice rough and sexy with sleep.

I raised my head to get a better look at her and said, “How is it we seem to end up curled around one another sleeping on various couches, but we have yet to go on a proper date?”

With a raised eyebrow, Tara smiled mischievously. “Are you asking me out, Will?”

I rested my chin on her chest, still looking up at her. “Yeah, I think I am.”

“Yes,” she said.

“When…” I started to ask.

“Yes,” she said again.

“But I didn’t finish,” I said with a pout.

“It doesn’t matter, Willow. Whatever, whenever, I just want to spend time with you,” Tara replied and began to run her hand up and down my side making me shiver.

“I don’t understand it,” I said softly. “And there's something between us... I wasn't looking for it, you know? It's just totally powerful. And it's totally different than what Lacey and I had."

She nodded, and leaned forward to kiss me. “I do. You’re such an unexpected surprise, Willow. My family has known you for months now, and here you’ve swept into my life and in a matter of days turned it upside down in the best of ways.”

I scooted a little so I could be face to face with Tara when I kissed her gently. I felt the electricity skitter over my skin again as we touched, and she tightened her arms around me as our kisses grew more passionate. Unlike this morning that had been amazing, we now had full body contact that only intensified the sensations. I could feel Tara moan against my lips, and I answered in kind.

Tara just felt so good in my arms, I couldn’t help myself. One of her hands was playing in my hair, while the one on my back kept stroking me. I cupped her face in my hands as our tongues played and teased; I shifted slightly and with Tara’s help I was now lying completely on top of her.

My senses were starting to overload, it was too much, she was too much. I started to shake and I had to pull back from our kisses. I started to try to sit up, to pull away and clear my head, but Tara wouldn’t let me. She tightened her hold on me and just held on to me while we both calmed down.

“It’s okay, Will. I get it… I do,” Tara said breathlessly. “Just your kisses… and it’s like I lose all sense of restraint. You touch me like no one else, even with just a kiss. How do you do that?”

I giggled. “Magic.”

Tara stroked my face, and if I could purr I would have at that moment as I leaned into her touch. “You amaze me, Willow,” she said barely above a whisper.

I looked at her, trying to read her. Her eyes were a dark blue, and her cheeks were flushed. She was breath-taking; I nervously started to pull back again. “I should go… it’s late… and I should… go,” I said.

Again she tightened her hold on me. “Stay with me, Willow,” she said softly. “I don’t mean for anything to happen. I just want to wake up in your arms… again,” she giggled. “Is that okay?”

I had to swallow a few times before I could squeak out, “Okay.”

She smiled brilliantly, and continued to stroke my sides while holding me close. I nuzzled her neck, pressing soft kisses to the delicate skin and felt to the steady rhythm of her heartbeat against my lips. The fire had died down to cooling grey ash and the warmth was quickly leaving the room. Tara pulled the blankets off of us, and this time she let me sit up. I helped her fold the blanket up, and she left it on the arm of the sofa.

She slipped her hand in mine and quietly led me upstairs to a bedroom at the far end of the hall. Opening the door into a large bedroom, she sat me down on the side of a queen size bed. Tara crossed to a long warm cherry wood dresser with a mirror attached. She opened a drawer and began to pull out clothes.

“Which would you like, pajamas or shorts and a t-shirt?” Tara asked, holding a pair of pajama bottoms in one hand and a pair of shorts in the other.

“Shorts and a t-shirt, please,” I said sleepily.

She nodded and put the pajama bottoms back, then pulled out another pair of shorts; closing the drawer she opened another and pulled out two t-shirts. She handed me the set of shorts that had a drawstring.

"They might be a little loose, but the drawstring should cure that,” Tara said and then held out her hand.

Leading me across the room to another door, she opened it and flipped on a light switch. From a drawer under the sink she pulled out a new tooth brush and set it on top of the clothes she had set to one side of the vanity with a smile. She crossed behind me and trailed her hand along my shoulders.

“There are clean towels and wash clothes in closet,” Tara said pointing to a narrow door with a glass front on a standalone linen cabinet. “So you can wash up or shower, whichever you’d like.”

“Thanks,” I said.

With another soft smile, she left the bathroom closing the door behind her. I sat down on the toilet lid, worrying about what I had agreed to. I was wondering if all this was happening all too soon, and I should just go home. Maybe – but nothing had to happen – and the thought of having Tara’s in my arms all night was more than enough enticement to stay.

I got up and changed, then washed my face and brushed my teeth. When I walked back into Tara’s room, I was clutching my folded clothes to my chest a little nervously. She was already under the covers, but very obviously waiting for me. She pulled the sheets back, and patted the bed beside her.

I left my clothes on the dresser and crawled in next to her. We lay facing one another for several moments. I reached for her hand and we pressed our palms flat before entwining our fingers. Even just this light touch was magnetic and made my heart begin to race.

“C’mere,” Tara whispered.

I scooted closer to her, and she kissed me softly. I rolled to my back taking her with me as we continued to kiss. We finally broke apart, panting for air and grinning goofily. I pushed a lock of hair behind her ear, and ran my finger down her velvety cheek.

“You do know you’re beautiful, don’t you?” I asked in all seriousness.

Tara giggled a little. “I’m glad you think so,” She was tracing my hairline along my forehead when she giggled again. “I love your widow’s peak… it’s so sexy.”

It was my turn to laugh. “I have a sexy widow’s peak?”

She nodded smiling. “Your hands, I think they’re sexy, too. They’re long and graceful, like a pianists, but knowing what you do they must be strong. I can feel it when you hold me, your strength, and I can feel how gentle you are because it’s how you are when you touch me.”

I slowly ran my hands up her back, massaging the muscle as I went. She arched into me, our hips pressed close together. I gulped in air at the contact, before I blurted out, “You remind me of an angel, especially when you’re sleeping. Your skin is so creamy and flawless, Tara, but when you sleep you get this light flush to your cheeks that just pulls at something in me.”

Tara rolled over taking both my arms with her, resting one in the crook of her neck and the other around her waist, and nestling back into me. I had her in a tight hold from behind, and I wasn’t sure how comfortable she could really be. I couldn’t help myself when nuzzled her neck, breathing her in deeply before I dropped several soft kisses on her shoulder. Resting my head on her shoulder, our bodies just naturally fell into place like puzzle pieces.

“Do you really want to sleep like this?” I asked.

“I’m quite comfortable, so I’m okay with it if you are,” Tara replied tightening her hold on my arms, and I gave her another squeeze to show my agreement.

After a few moments of holding each other, I whispered, “Do you feel it, Tara?”

“We just fit, don’t we?” she said.

“We do,” I said and kissed her shoulder again, as our breathing began to sync and deepen for sleep.

“Goodnight, sweetie,” Tara murmured, holding my arms tightly around her in a hug.

“G’night, Tara,” I said softly and kissed her temple.

Tara felt so wonderful in my arms, and I was literally wrapped around her. I heard her contented sigh, and I had a smile on my lips. Soon enough we had fallen fast asleep.

TBC…

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 13 12/04/12
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:33 am 
9. Gay Now

Heehee!
Super snuggly!

I've said it before and i'll say it again: Tara snuggles are the best! :bounce

Mmm... mmm! Mmm!

i can just feel how warm and snuggly they are.
Which is neat.
And now i have to go to my bed, which is sadly snuggle free.

Now i am sad. :sob

R

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:23 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Mmmm...you know, this whole thing just made me feel nice and warm all over. I could feel their connection with every touch and every word. I liked how they talked about their feelings and how strong they were already, interspersed with the kisses and touching, and just mmmm...again with the warmness it brought to them and me. Very nicely done.

Can't wait to see what comes next.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:46 pm 

Heather, Heather, Heather...I actually read this chapter twice and I just may read it again. You did a wonderful job of showing the genuine affection between them and how strong their connection is. It was like being wrapped in a warm blanket.

Well done my friend, well done!

~Shelby

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:04 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

That's really awesome. They started out so badly and now they seem so natural together.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 pm 
5. Willowhand

Too cute!!!!
Erm, yeah, adorable!

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:57 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Holy wow Heather! That felt like getting wrapped up in a warm fuzzy blanket in front of a cozy fire! A beautifully written chapter! It's great to see how natural they are together now that they have gotten over the initial trouble. Can't wait for more!

~Leo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:12 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Awww, I'm all marshmallowy now. It's nice that it's just no fuss, it all just happens between them and that's it.

(Like the use of a French term to help Robby distinguish Buffy and Tara. I used the same thing in my own series for W&T's children; Tara is Maman and Willow, I finally decided to move from Mother to Ima a few months ago.)

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:59 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Very sweet update. I love how openly they expressed their feelings to one another.

Falling asleep in the arms of your soulmate is the perfect way to end a wonderful Xmas day.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:03 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. Happy to see that they will finally go on an official date.
Every update just seems to be full of such sweetness. I love it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:35 pm 
8. Vixen

Well, hello everyone! Obviously the world didn't end, so the stories must go on! I'd also like to wish everyone that celebrates, a very Happy Christmas and hope you and yours have a wonderful day. So here's a little present!

Richard aka Azirahael,

I agree! Tara snuggles are the best, Willow snuggles aren't too shabby either.

Aww, poor boy, no snuggles for you? Hmm, we'll just have to see what we can do to change that. Everybody deserves snuggles. :wink

wimpy0729,

The connection is really the catalyst for everything else. It all builds from there, and I'm glad you're enjoying the build. :grin

Thanks for reading.

Shelby aka Finey_McFine,

Well, when I can get you to do multiple reads of a chapter and it's not because of the grammar, then I've done something right! lol

Thank you for the kind words, my friend.

Deb aka JustSkipIt,

Mmmhmm, it's amazing what a little chemistry can do, isn't it?

Thanks for your feedback.

Missocki,

Cute and adorable are my middle name... actually it's not but it's definitely what I'm going for here, so yay!

Thanks for the comment.

leos_pride,

Fuzzy blankets are at the door, every one gets one on the way in, you can even get it in your favorite color. :grin

Glad you're enjoying it so far. Thanks for reading.

DaddyCatALSO,

Marshmallows are good - tasty too.

Thanks for the kind words.

Grimm,

I agree, falling asleep in the arms of your soulmate is the way to end any day not just Christmas day.

I can get my fluff on here, so I can right it pretty much as saccharine as I can stand it, lol.

Glad you like it!

love_2003,

Yes, sometimes I feel like I should just include a Barry White mixed cd with the chapter - not that they're sexy but for the intimate/romantic aspect that was a part of his music too.

Anyway... thanks for the feedback!

NEW CHAPTER POSTED DIRECTLY BELOW.

Post subject: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 14 12/25/12
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
8. Vixen

Chapter Fourteen

Pairing: W/T

Angst Rating: PG

Disclaimer: I in no way, shape or form own the characters from BtVS, they’re owned by Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy. All original characters are in no way connected to them except by me in this forum. No money is involved this is simply for my own pleasure.

Email: riverwillows@me.com

Author’s Notes: As per the norm, there is no beta for this, so any mistakes are all my own. If you catch something, by all means PM me with it and I’ll fix it. Italics are used for emphasis. This is low angst, so now it’s just letting the love blossom, folks. I hope you enjoy another warm fuzzy one.

HOW MY HEART BEHAVES

The light in the room was a hazy, pre-dawn white and I knew it was still early. I woke up the same way I had fallen asleep – with Tara in my arms. Tara was awake though, and lying quietly in front of me. She was stroking my fingers and palm, measuring their length and width against her own, then pressing our palms flush before starting again.

I took a slow deep breath and buried my face into the crook of her neck to let her know I had woken up, kissing the still sleep warmed skin. She wrapped both her arms around one of mine squeezing it, and wiggling back against me, making me giggle. I started to tighten my hold on her, but she turned over to face me. Tara kissed the tip of my nose then gently nuzzled hers against mine.

“Good morning,” she said.

“Morning,” I replied with a smile.

“How did you sleep?” Tara asked, slowly moving her hand up and down my back.

“Mmm… like a log,” I giggled. “What does that really mean? How does a log sleep anyway, and is there some sort of sliding scale of measurement for sleeping logs that tells just how a log sleeps?”

Tara giggled and shook her head, but played along none the less. “Yes, I’m sure it’s all very scientific, sweetie. Maybe there’s even a… an “Institute for The Study of Sleeping Logs” that studies the sleep habits of insomniac logs.”

“Ooo, and that’s where they measure how a log sleeps! See it’s all very scientific! Poor little logs with night terrors and whatnot. They need a good night’s rest too, ya know,” I snickered still running with our randomly goofy topic of conversation.

Tara laughed wholeheartedly at that, throwing her head back in glee, and exposing the length of her graceful neck to me. “Do you have anywhere you have to be today?”

I kissed her throat, nibbling up and down. “Uh, uh,” I sucked at the point where I could feel her pulse thrumming against my lips making her moan lightly. “The gallery is closed until January second,” I sucking lightly at the tender spot again, “I’m free for days… and days,” I whispered switching side to work a trail up the other side of her neck. “What are you plans for the day?”

“Well, I was really hoping I could spend the day with you,” Tara murmured continuing to tilt her head to give me more access to her skin. “Are you hungry?”

“Mmmhmm,” I replied between kisses. “That sounds like a great idea.”

“Which? Having some breakfast, or spending the day together?” Tara said breathily.

“Mmm, both,” I said and slipped my hand to her hip, squeezing it lightly, as I held her close and nibbled on her.

I was leaning against a counter in the kitchen while Tara was making homemade biscuits. She had finally let me do something besides stand and admire her beauty – which I was quite happy to do. I juiced some oranges for fresh juice and had a nice pot of coffee brewing burbling away. I was becoming a master of doing as little as possible, not because I wasn’t willing to help, but because Tara kept shooing me away. Granted the “shooing” was accompanied by kisses, so I might have been getting in the way a little too.

We just talked while she worked. She asked questions about Lacey, and what it was like to grow up a military brat that moved around. I asked about Donny, her childhood, and her mom; the woman that had seemed to be so special to everyone. We talked about what it was like to grow up with Buffy, and more about how Robby had changed her life. We told each other more about ourselves, filling in all the little spaces in our lives for each other, telling stories and laughing.

We were laughing over some silly story when Buffy came shuffling into the kitchen bleary eyed and with serious case of bed head. She looked at me wearing sweats and a long sleeved shirt of Tara’s and then smirked at us. Tara rolled her eyes and pulled one pan of hot biscuits from the oven then put another in to bake.

“It’s not what you think,” I said handing her a cup of coffee.

“So you’re saying you didn’t spend the night, then?” She said with a snort, as she walked over and pressed on the hickey Tara was sporting from that morning’s make-out session. “Alone… in bed… with Tara… and did I mention the aloneness?”

“Willow did stay the night, but nothing happened… really,” Tara smiled, moving next to me to rest her head on my shoulder. I put my arm around her smiling and nodding. “It was all quite innocent,” she said.

“I’m so sure,” Buffy sniggered as she sipped at the hot cup of coffee. We just smiled at her, and as she looked at us, she started to fidget nervously. Then she cried out guiltily, “Okay, okay! Stop looking at me like that!” Then she sighed in the most put upon fashion imaginable. Eying us both like we were going to pounce on her at any minute, she said in a rush, “Mom and I have been trying to work out a way to get the two of you together for months now.”

Tara and I looked at each other, and then back at Buffy expectantly. Buffy plopped down in the chair that sat under the phone on the wall, next to a narrow but tall table.

“Will, we love you. Robby just thinks you hung the moon, and you’re just… so Willow,” she said smiling sincerely. “We just thought the two of you would hit it off. And Tara, I know how you are. I can’t remember the last time you had a date, girl!”

“Oh God, Buffy just shut up, would you?” Tara said as she buried her face in my neck blushing.

“What if we don’t work out, Buffy?” I looked at her seriously. “I mean, that is possible, we’re just getting to know each other…”

Buffy cut me off. “All I have to do is watch the two of you. I see how you are with one another, and I just know.”

“You seem to have a lot of faith in us,” Tara said. “Buff, that puts an awful lot of pressure on us…” she looked at me worriedly.

Buffy smiled sweetly. “Hey, I’m not saying either of you are saints, or that everything will be perfect[I], [I]please don’t put words in my mouth. It’s just… Tara, I know you, we’re like sisters, you know? And Willow, you’ve become my best friend, and I just want to see you both happy,” she shrugged. “I think you can be that for one another, you know?”

We both blushed, and linked our hands. I felt like a smitten teenager, and it was all because of Tara. I covered her hand in both of mine, gently rubbing it between them. I was learning to read her, and I was pretty sure she felt the same way. I thought maybe Buffy had put voice to what we both were feeling; maybe even what we both were hoping.

We looked at each other, affection shining in both of our eyes. With a silent understanding we went back to making breakfast. As I put the biscuits into a basket and wrapped them with a towel to keep them warm, Buffy’s words began to play over and over in my head until I felt a little dizzy. I slouched down in the chair Buffy vacated to go dress, and studied at my hands, trying to get a grip on myself.

I completely missed the fact that Tara was now standing in front of me until I felt her soft hand on my cheek. I looked up her and smiled weakly, my fingers still knotting themselves in my lap. She knelt down in front of me, and took my hands in her own to keep me from twisting them together.

“Hey,” she said gently. “Don’t let what Buffy said scare you, okay?”

I swallowed hard a few times and tried to smile. “I know… but, Tara, I don’t want to hurt you,” I replied. “That’s the last thing I ever want to do.”

Tara stood, pulling me with her and into her arms. “Willow, this is going to be what it’s meant to be, lumps and all.”

I ran my fingers through her soft hair while she gently massaged my neck and shoulders. Our foreheads were pressed together, and I my eyes were shut tightly. Our earlier conversations had brought up the ghost of relationships past, some of the scars were long healed, and some were still tender. Combined with Buffy’s blind faith, it was all more than a little overwhelming for me.

“I don’t know that I’m worth it, Tara,” I whispered. My sometimes frail self-esteem was makings itself known now that it felt a spotlight being turned on to light a big “SUCCEED!!!” sign Buffy had unwittingly erected.

“Why don’t you let me decide that, hmm?” Tara murmured in my ear before kissing it lightly.

I nodded and she continued to hold on to me. Once again, it occurred to me that we had spent a lot of time doing that in the last forty-eight hours. In some form or another we had touched, stroked and held close to one another. With a deep sigh I buried my face in Tara’s neck, breathing her in calmed something in me that craved the solace that her embrace offered.

“I can’t explain you, Tara,” I said softly. “You… you do something to me. I honestly can’t remember when I’ve ever felt this way.”

“The feeling is very much of the mutual kind,” Tara said softly.

She kissed her way along my jaw to my mouth. We just stood there kissing tenderly, soaking up what the other was offering greedily. There was a polite cough from the doorway that just barely registered in my consciousness, and it didn’t stop me from kissing Tara. The cough then became an overly exaggerated hacking wheeze that finally cut through the haze that always seemed to accompany kissing Tara.

“Good morning, girls,” Joyce said smiling.

We both looked at her, blushing for the second time that morning. Buffy came bopping in wearing jeans and an ivory cable knit sweater, but still had bunny slippers on her feet. Robby came in close behind Buffy, his hair was sticking up in places, and he was holding blanket. He managed to look adorably like “Linus” from the “Charley Brown” cartoons. Tara blinked rapidly a few times, and then smiled brightly at everyone.

“I hope you’re all hungry,” she moved back to the stove. “How do you like your eggs, Willow?”

Buffy and Robby were cleaning up in the kitchen since Tara had cooked. We silently slipped away upstairs. We still had no “real” plan so far, but Tara had wanted to shower. It seemed like neither of us wanted to be far apart for too long, and that would be too far for too long. The only plans we did have were to get cleaned up, and that would also involve getting me home to do the same.

So while Tara went to shower, I layed back down on her bed to wait. Closing my eyes, I folded my hands behind my head and just let my mind wander. Buffy’s words came back to me; and some part of my brain began to flash forward, showing me snippets of what our life could be like five… ten… twenty years down the line.

I didn’t hear the bedroom door open, but I did smell the scent of coconut and vanilla. When I opened my eyes Tara had managed to get close enough to lean over me smiling; I stretched up a little and kissed her. She had wrapped herself in a gorgeous midnight blue silk robe, her damp hair dark and cheeks pink from the hot water. All in all, it was quite a fetching look on her.

“What was the big smile for?” she asked moving to her dresser.

“Uh… huh?” I replied.

“When I came in you had this big smile on your face,” she said.

I sat up, feeling heat rise in my cheeks – busted. “I was just daydreaming,” I said as I reach out to pull her close. My arms wrapped around her hips and rested my head against her stomach. As she ran her fingers through my hair, it crossed my mind that just a thin piece of silk separated my skin from hers, and that thought sent a shiver up my spine.

Tara gave me a curious look, when I looked up at her. “Okay,” she said moving away to comb her hair. She disappeared for a moment into her closet, then into the bathroom again and I heard a hair dryer. When she came back she was dressed and her hair was pulled back into a French braid. It drew attention to her swan-like neck, and cute ears.

I couldn’t contain a love-struck sigh as I watched her put on her jewelry as I sat on her bed. All sorts of cheesy song lyrics floated through my head, and I had to roll my eyes at myself before flopping back on the bed. When I turned to look back at her, I also saw Tara smirk at me in the mirror, which made me blush at my own sappiness.

“You think you’re pretty cute, don’t ya?” I asked trying to play it off.

Tara turned around and leaned against the dresser, her head tilted to one side. “Well, regardless of what I do or don’t think, as long as I can keep your attention then everything’s alright,” she said with a cheeky wink.

“You’ve got me hook, line and sinker,” I said. “Just without all the horribly sad flopping around and gasping for air… well sometimes there’s gasping for air, but then it’s only in a good way.” I wiggled my eyebrows at her.

Tara laughed and plopped down on the bed next to me. Our hands immediately gravitated towards one another, and quickly joined. We sat smiling and just looking at one another for a moment. My eyes were drawn to the alabaster skin of her exposed throat and simple gold necklace she had put on; it had a simple gold locket on it.

The locket had lovely filigree scrollwork etched into its surface, and look old but well cared for and loved. I took my finger and touched the now warm metal, and I knew without a doubt that it had been her mothers. I looked up, the unspoken question clear and Tara nodded her head, I also could tell this was something she treasured. I opened it and saw pictures of her mom and Donny smiling back out at me.

I don’t know what struck me, but I leaned forward and kissed Tara softly, and then I reverently kissed the locket. It was as close as I would ever be able to get to meet her mother and brother, and just felt right. When I pulled away, Tara’s eyes were glossy and she blinked rapidly several times before dropping her head to look away.

I put my arm around her waist and eased her into my lap, just holding her while she composed herself. Since we had spent part of the morning talking about her family, I knew how much she missed them and I also had a good idea of what Caroline had meant to Tara and everyone else for that matter.

“I didn’t mean to upset you,” I whispered into her hair.

“You didn’t upset me,” Tara said tucking her head under my chin. “It was just incredibly sweet.”

I rubbed slow, soft circles on her back to soothe her when she tightened her arms around me. I started to rock her gently. As I held her, the thought occurred to me, making me wonder just how often Tara got to be the one comforted since I had an inkling of just how much she did the comforting.

“What would you like to do today, sweetheart?” I asked.

Tara looked at me with a wisp of a smile gracing her lips. “Sweetheart?”

“It’s true,” I replied sincerely. “Is that alright?”

“Say it again for me,” she murmured.

Sweetheartmy sweetheart… Tara is Willow’s sweetheart,” I said without hesitation.

“Mmm, yes, that’s very nice indeed,” Tara smiled.

I nuzzled my nose against hers, and kissed her deeply. With Tara sitting sort of across my lap, I could hold her in such a way that our hearts were pressed against one another. I could feel our hearts racing together, and time seemed to stop.

I’m not sure how long we sat there kissing; I just remember the exquisite feel of our beating hearts.

TBC…

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:09 pm 

DIBS!

Heather, Heather...what a wonderful gift! It was so nice to get away from the teenage chaos downstairs, hide away in my room and read this incredibly sweet chapter. Okay, so I was already hiding; the update was just a bonus. :p

I love the way you are writing their blossoming relationship. You can almost feel the magnetic pull between them. It's hard to believe they just met only two days prior. I guess when you're meant to be...you're meant to be.

I would kind of like to hear more about Willow's prior relationship, but I guess it's not really relevant. Although, I'm guessing that Willow's reaction in the kitchen was a direct result of that particular failed relationship with Lacey. I understand what Buffy was saying, but she definitely spooked Willow. I mean, that was a lot to lump on them in the first 48 hrs, lol.

Willow's gesture of kissing the locket was...really just the sweetest thing ever. Very nicely done:)

Thanks for the nifty present! Happy Holidays to you and yours!

Last edited by Finey_McFine on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic/AU Penny Arcade Chapter 14 12/25/12
PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:59 pm 
9. Gay Now

Oh god!

So sweet!

I'm having a Kitten-gasm!

so snuggly and cute!

Now i have to go back to the sad, non-snuggly real world.

Drat!

And thankyou for the lovely Christmas present!

R

Hug for you!

[Hug]

see? i made it a big one!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:13 pm 

Hi
Just want to say what a great story you have going on and one of my favorite scenes so far is when Robby and Willow's friendship started by beating each other in video games.

I think buffy such a romantic that she did't mean to put lot of pressure on there relationship and it's gonna be difficult to top this Christmas i mean what can beat having Tara?

What a loving update can't what for more!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 pm 

* sighs dramatically *

Perfect Holiday update. They are so sweet together. I love how they are both in the same place emotionally. Can't wait to read how they spend the rest of their day together.

Not much can top romantic kisses :wtkiss while having a lap full of Tara. But, I challenge you to prove me wrong :flirt .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:21 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh, that was just another lovely, sweet update.

The simple things, watching each other, just talking and getting to know more about each other, and of course the kisses -- I can just feel how much they care for each other already. The whole locket scene was beautiful.

Willow's past relationship makes me a little curious. Does she feel it was her fault because it failed? I can't remember from the beginning, so now I have to go re-read it again to refresh my memory.

Wonderful job once again. Can't wait to see how they spend the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:16 am 
5. Willowhand

:bounce Ack! Sooo cute. Stop it! :glasses
Great update. Very happy that while Buffy comments wigged out Willow big time, Tara saw it and helped her through it. :applause
The little scene with the locket... :heart

Merry, it was Yesterday but still, Christmas!

"The Hammer is my Penis," Captain Hammer, 'Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog.'

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:45 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Aww they are wicked cute. I love their connection. Buffy/Joyce/Robby are really cute as well trying to get them together and then being so supportive.

This update makes me feel warm.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I sit here in the light of my christmas candles (I try to save the christmas feeling as long as possible) and the last two updates really warmed my heart. They are so cute together, from waking up together to going to sleep together and everything in between. I'm glad that they told each other more about their past. Willow kissing the locket was adorable. They've already become pretty good at reading each other, especially Tara reading Willow (realizing that Buffy's words spooked her).
Now I'm looking forward to learn how they spend the rest of their free days together...

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:59 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Glad to see that Willow and Tara will be able to spend more quality time together. That was so cute when Buffy admitted that her and Joyce had been trying to get Willow and Tara together.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:03 pm 
9. Gay Now

I am seriously looking forward to the next episode.
It's going to be hard to top this one though.

R

:flower

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:58 pm 

****This is you're monthly update reminder****

Thank you, that is all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next