The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FIC: a possible fairy tale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:24 pm 
Title: A Possible Fairy Tale (1/?)

Author: rae.

Rating: Totally G, I think. Or PG cuz it deals with death? Either/or.

Pairing: Willow/Tara. Willow alone right now, but later...

Disclaimer: characters are Joss’. But I treat them much better than he does, I think.

Author’s Note: This was written when my girlfriend was gone for nine days and I was an empty heartbroken mess. I don’t even want to imagine if I lost her like Willow lost Tara. So this is for Kenda, and also my friend Anne who told me the real version of The Little Mermaid. Also, guys, it's full on angst ahead but since it will be a series, expect happiness later on.

Turning the pages, skimming the words, the images leave the soft paper and enter my mind. Feels so smooth against my fingers, soft and the words welcome me with their possibilities.

Reading just might be my favorite thing to do in the world these days, more than hacking, more than magick. Wow, computer hacking. I do that so rarely now, barely ever and never for my own fun, and it seems like back when I did used to it was a whole other life. Someone else’s life; like I was Little Hacker Willow, scouring the net for all sorts of naughty, illegal fun.

Through it all though, through hacking and magick there was still always reading. It might have been less enjoyable to me after I met Buffy- reading was research, means to an end. Read to become a better hacker, read to defeat monsters, divert badness, learn more about magick. Other things too. I remember, red-faced so much that I’m sure I matched my hair, after I met Tara, after I fell for her, taking out some random lesbian book from the Sunnydale Library. Not a novel, though, just a lesbian studies type deal.

It keeps me busy, keeps me sane, seems I can’t have a moment to think since Tara’s gone. Cause, see, thinking leads to remembering which leads to loneliness which leads to misery despair unhappiness depression and, finally, tears. Tears are bad. Too much tears.

I’ve cried more than Whiny-Post-Death-Buffy.

I’ve cried much more than when she left, packed her bags and whoops! gone.

There has been enough tear-shed to last me the next three or four lifetimes. Sometimes, three four five six times a day I lock myself up in my room the bathroom the basement, I go to the backroom of The Magic Box the forest the derserted crumbling drive-thru that hasn’t been running since I was in ninth grade.

Too much crying too much crying too much crying...

I can hear through my open door Dawn, Buffy and Xander are downstairs and making dinner. They seem to be in a okay mood. I hear laughter; Xander making lame jokes. I want to join them but I know it’s pointless, I probably won’t ever laugh again. I just can’t imagine it, you know? Nothing seems funny really, anymore. It’s all about perspective, you see, and my perspective is of a Gloomy Gus sort. Party-poopin’ Willow, that’s what they call me. I can’t laugh at things because even something like Dawn dropping a piece of toast on the floor is a misfortune. Misfortune equals bad. It’s not funny to me.

Do you understand? I’ll put it another way. If somebody is walking along and a bird poops on their head, that could be considered funny in you’re not the person who it happened to. Some people will laugh themselves like ‘what are the chances!’ and find it great and easily washable. A more sensitive, look-conscious kind of person might freeze. Their smile of only seconds before might slowly turn downward in a grimace, their eyes might take on a hollow, defeated glaze. The most heartbreaking then might be that they will reach up there with the sweater they probably had tied around their waste and use their clean, maybe even favorite sweatshirt to wipe it off. Thinking about it makes me queasy again, so moving on...

You know how when someone’s gone, like really gone and you loved them so much that they had become you, somewhat? Not in a losing-your-identity sort of way, just that you were Willow and Tara, Tara and Willow, a couple, a team, soulmates, always and forever. So it feels like half of me is gone now. My left side or, wait, maybe my right, has been chopped up and tossed aside like firewood that’s declared to be unusable. Can firewood be unusuable? Like, too skinny, too fat, just no good? I have no idea. My heart is actually that old cliche of being broken, no, really, I can feel that it’s smaller than it was, the beat is weaker, it barely follows a pattern anymore. Breathing can get hard sometimes.

Putting aside the book I’m reading I decide to make myself some coffee. I leave the room but when I get to the stairs I change my mind and decide I’ll just refill the glass of water that’s in my room because the water has gotten sort of warm and old-tasting it’s been there for so long. So I start back to my room but as I reach the doorway my eyes fall on the almost-empty glass and I think, ‘What’s the point? I’m only just waiting for this all to end, why should I bother hydrating myself?’ and I grip onto the plaster doorway as hard as I can to keep from falling over with the weakness and neusea I’m suddenly feeling.

I raise my hands to my mouth and suddenly I’m sobbing, crying and shaking so hard that I have to slide down to the floor and my hands close tighter around my mouth to keep the others from hearing.

“Shh,” I hear and hands are on my back, rubbing me and then holding me tightly. I wish it were Tara but it doesn’t feel like her, smell like her, sound like her. But I hug back and I hear Anya’s soft voice whisper, “Try to be strong.”

She’s heard me again, what with her vengeance demon-y powers. I probably can’t mutter bad words under my breath anymore without Anya feeling my pain. “I miss her so much,” I tell her pitifully, between sobs. She nods and continues rubbing my back.

It seems unfair to Anya but I really wish it wasn’t her arms around me, her voice soothing me, her hands steadying me. I miss the smell of Tara’s apple blossom shampoo as she’d lean in, her smell like jasmine and rosemary insense. I miss looking at this girl through bleary eyes and knowing she’s pretty much seen every crying fit I’ve had for the past three years, she’s been the one to kiss away the wet streaks and tell me funny stories to cheer me up.

I continue, though, unable to stop, “And they don’t understand, none of them and they don’t even try. It wasn’t the same when Oz left because at least I knew he was still out there somewhere, and it wasn’t the same with Buffy and Angel because she knew she would have to kill him, she was prepared.” I wipe at my eyes but more tears just keep streaming. “I never even got to say-”

“Yes, her death was rather brutal and shocking,” Anya admits in her usual blunt way. I look up at her, my face probably red and my nose runny. It’s the first time anyone has been so honest about the death to me. Everyone seems unable to say it, they tiptoe around me.

“You are so very innapropriate,” I tell her.

She gives me a small, shy smile. “I get the feeling you need that.” She brushes my hair behind my shoulders. “You two were a fairy tale. A beautiful, wonderful fairy tale with minor bumps in the road that was supposed to end happily ever after. I’d use the magick addiction with some wicked witch analogy but, well, I doubt that would be appreciated.”

“Not really,” I agree. I think about what she’d said. A fairy tale. That makes me smile. She would be the cool, strong, brave princess and I would be the princess up in the tower awaiting saving from heartbreak. “Tara was my princess.”

“I think honesty is important right now,” Anya continues. “To everyone. Heck, even tell me to get lost if you need to!”

I shake my head and hug her tighter. “Thank you.”

She asks if I need to be teleported anywhere but I reply that I’ll do it alone. The old bus-and-walking routine. So she leaves, disappears quick as light, and I head down the stairs and out the door. When Buffy calls after me I tell her I’ll be back later tonight. She yells again that I should call. I yell back that I promise to.

And I leave to do what I should have ages ago.

I have a cigarette while I wait for the bus. Once again, Little Wacky Sweet Willow doing something no one expects. I’ve started smoking since, I don’t know, a few days. They’re expensive! Who knew that they were so expensive? Not me, that’s for sure. But they make me feel rebellious and not like myself, and lately I just can’t handle being myself. Being Willow involves too much baggage.

Plus, if it speeds along my death that means less time waiting for it. Not a bad thing.

When the bus slows down and then stops in front of me, I toss the half-smoked cigarette to the ground and go on my way.

When my mom opens the door she looks surprised to see me. But that might be only because she’s forgotten in all this time that she had a daughter. Wouldn’t suprise me.

“Willow,” she says, her voice equal parts surprise and confusion.

I dart in quickly so that she can’t turn me away when she hears what I’ve come to tell her. Sitting down on the couch, I keep my eyes trained on her. She smiles politely as she shuts the door and then takes the seat next to me. Darn, I think, close enough that if she freaks out I’m right in the war path. My mom doesn’t freak out much, but when she does... It’s not pretty. The MOO Incident, for example. Oh wouldn’t she love to know how I nearly killed everyone using my magicks?

“Mommy?” I say. I hadn’t meant to come out so needy, it had kind of just slipped.

She smiles, actually smiles and I haven’t seen emotion like that from her since I was a kid. “Can I tell you something? Something important to me?”

She nods.

“I mean, I know we don’t really do the whole “talking thing” much but I really-”

“Wills?” I haven’t heard her call me that since I was a kid. She smiles. “Just say it.”

“I was in love with a girl, Mom. For three years we were together. She loved me and I lover her and we took take of each other. After Oz left I thought I would die and she saved me.”

There’s a pause in which I expect her to grab at me and start ringing my neck. Or maybe just look at me with a big fat disappointment face. Her features don’t register any kind of emotion. Not surprise, which is what I’d expected. “But?”

“She died. She just died.”

My mom moves closer and pulls me into her arms. She feels soft and warm and smells of sandlewood and baking. Her non-reaction makes me feel tears building and I whimper, “Are you surprised? Do you hate me?”

“You were always an open, beautiful person, Willow.” Her voice sounds like she might be smiling but I can’t see because my head is resting against her chest. “I could believe you fell in love with anyone and that it was real and wonderful.”

“Why did you stop paying attention to me?” I ask.

“I don’t know.” And there’s nothing else to say about that, I guess. She doesn’t know, I don’t. It just happened. She pulls back and looks at me. “Would you like to stay for dinner? I’ll make you whatever you like. We can even go grocery shopping together if I don’t have ingrediants.”

I nod and give her a small smile.

She adds, “And don’t take this to mean I want details, but I would like to hear about this girl. What’s her name?”

“Tara.”

“Tara,” she repeats like she’s trying it out. A smile teases up her lips before she gets to her feet. “Let’s go make dinner.”

When I get up and follow her into the kitchen I wonder if, even though I lost my soulmate, maybe this happening between my mom and me could be a sort of happily ever after. Old fairy tales, the real non-Disneyfied ones, didn’t usually have happily ever afters anyway- The Little Mermaid got to be human but felt like she was walking on knives and would bleed. Then she had the choice of killing her prince and living, or dying and turning into sea foam. Well, since sea foam exists she couldn’t do it, the story goes, so she died and the bad guys won, love lost. Fairy tales can be a sad thing. The Little Mermaid lost her love and had to deal with the consequences. I would be like her, I guess.

end of first part.

Edited by: starlitefaeriegrrrl at: 11/9/02 1:55:41 pm

Post subject: Re: FIC: a possible fairy tale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2002 11:32 pm 
Hey there; can you email me please at tommo@kittenboard.com.

Thanks.

You exquisite little tart!" ~ Diana Letharby

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:28 am 
WOW!!!

That was simply fantastic!

I'm impatient to see what's coming next

Edited by: Warduke at: 11/9/02 7:43:32 pm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:36 am 
Woah, can I say that I found that quite hard to read. Please, not in a bad way, just in that it had so much emotion. It felt very real and very personal and was extremely well written.

I'm intrigued as to where you're planning on taking this. Hope things worked out with you and your girlfriend.

sonya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:10 am 
WOW!

Willow's Willow, adn still sad :)

And Anya, I am so liking her right now.

Hope you post more soon!!!

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 5:50 am 
This is how I think of w/t as well a fairy tale. So I am really interested in how you develop this.

-------------------------------

Buffy?

Let's change it, the Discovery channel has koala bears.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 7:19 pm 
wow, this made me cry. :(

I really liked it, that Anya was the one who was comforting Willow. And i think it's great that Sheila is so understanding.

Can't wait for the next part! :D

snuggle79 :wave

"I got so lost"

"I found you, i will always find you"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 8:22 pm 
Thanks, you guys. Sorry to everyone I made cry, or almost cry. I wrote it awhile ago so I don't remember exactly, but I think tht I cried while writing it. I very often cry when I write intense things- I'm a lil' bit eccentric, you see. The next part isn't written yet but it will be up within the next few days- maybe today if I have time. So stay tuned. Also, sonya, Kenda and I are lovely, thanks for caring. *smile*

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 10:19 am 
Wow, this is a wonderful beginning full of emotiones!! :cry

It made me crying!

And Anya being so nice to Willow!!! I can see that she really "loved" Tara and wants to share her grief with Willow not like the others!!!

Stef :p

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 10:37 pm 
Title: A Possible Fairy Tale (2/?)

Pairing: Willow/Tara. Willow alone right now, but later...

Disclaimer: characters are Joss’. But I treat them much better than he does, I think.

Author’s Note: I'm really not sure of this part. Hope it doesn't suck.

Mom wakes me up, pulling back my curtains and beginning to babble about breakfast. Since I’ve moved back in she’s been talking to me more than ever before. Like, she and I haven’t had so much conversation since I was maybe five years old.

I grudgingly get up and grab a long sweatshirt, pulling it on and heading downstairs with my mom following me. She says that coffees ready so on my way to the door I swipe the steaming mug off the counter and grasp it carefully.

I go outside and sit on the front steps, taking a sip and then putting my coffee next to me. Pulling out my cigarettes, I light one up and take a long haul, savoring the nicotine as it travels through me. I watch the ash as it burns down to paper, then think about how something so small can be so deadly. Like a bullet. I take my coffee with my other hand and have another sip, think about how coffee without tons of sugar is so gross.

Does it’s job, though. Already the haze of my mind is starting to clear. I’ve been staying with my parents for two weeks now and it helps, definitely. I don’t know what ever caused me to think that living in the place where Tara...well, anyway. I couldn’t. Things are still hard but here I can sit outside and have a smoke, go inside and be with my parents, make up for the past few years.

I tried school but everyone I knew asked if my cute blond girlfriend and I were still together. I saw hallways where I’d met Tara after class, where we’d kissed, nooks where we’d hide for a mid-afternoon smoochie-fest. Finally I dropped out.

My friends try to visit, sometimes, but unless it’s Anya I have told my parents to pretend I’m out. I don’t want to hear from Dawn about how I should pretend to be like everyone else, from Xander how even though he’s broken Anya’s heart and Tara’s dead he feels so responsible now and great. My Xander would never wear a suit if he didn’t have to. I don’t want weekly Spike-updates from Buffy, I don’t want to deal with death anymore. I have had enough death for my next thousand lifetimes. I don’t know who those people are anymore. Anya, though, she visits and we play cards or board games, we drink English Breakfast and talk. Funny but she’s become my best friend. She asks about Tara and I tell her stories, I ask about Xander and she tells me that he’s an idiot and she would marry a camel that has no legs than talk about him.

Anya doesn’t pretend that Tara never existed.

Sometimes she smokes with me, she says that since she’s a demon and unable to die from it, why should only I get the fun? I tell her it’s not really fun, it’s kind of smelly. She says, ‘You still do it though, don’t you?’ And I do, so I have no answer, really.

I’ve been reading fairy tales like crazy. Anything I can find, books, websites, I just read read read all day about princesses and peasants, beasts, talking animals, huffing and puffing wolves, tailors, kings, cats wearing boots, men in the moon, mermaids, unicorns, fairy tale witches in pointy hats that live in gingerbread houses.

Tara really loved reading that stuff, she was always the more mystical of us two. I liked facts, research. She liked emotions and dreams, fantasy. I’ve been reading all her books, every single one, fiction and non-fiction, books filled with bright, beautiful paintings and soft, smooth pages. Words that flow and weave a story of so many beautiful things.

Tara kept a journal since the time she was twelve. There’s seven of them, full of poetry, song lyrics, pictures she’s drawn, pictures other people have drawn that she glued in, pages and pages of when her mom got sick, when Tara realized she had the gift of magick, Tara’s first girl crushes, her first girl kiss, coming to Sunnydale, meeting me, us getting together, our first hug, first kiss, first touch, first time having...well, um, you know. She described everything in a way that made me feel as though I was reading a story, a life I hadn’t lived. When I tried to keep a journal, I wrote about breakfast. Her journal, though, was so beautiful and vivid, each thing she described I experienced myself, or re-experianced if I had already before.

But I’ve been reading this fairy tales, right, and I realize now that so many of them weren’t so cut-and-dry happy ending stuff. For the hero to succeed, someone has to get hurt or killed.

I can’t sleep at night, every night I feel someone coming for me, someone calling, beckoning me closer to the edge of the water where Tara sang and danced for me. On this night, though, after a month of these messages I decide to go and see for myself if it’s in my head. I’m sick of being sleepy all the time, of drinking five or six cups of coffee just to make it through the day with my eyes open.

I get out of bed, slip a long fuzzy sweatshirt over the nightshirt I’m wearing and put on socks and a pair of sneakers, then go to the water and stare out at the tide. It’s after midnight, dark and lonely, but I don’t care. It is soundless there, completely silent and cooler than anywhere else in Sunnydale. It has called to me for so long that it now feels surreal. I have avoided the water’s edge because something has urged me here so strongly, keeping instead myself planted firmly on the strong, hard ground.

The wind passes through me, moves my hair and the bottom of my nighty in a dance. The lack of sound is unnerving, not even the rolling water makes any noise.

Then I’m not alone anymore, there is a girl in the midst of the waves and she walks toward me wearing not very much at all. Her long dark hair falls to her waist, clinging wetly to her bare skin.

“Hey,” she says when she reaches me. There’s distance between us, she won’t leave the water. Her eyes are black as night, her lips a blueish-purple. “Finally here. Took a long while to get a hold of you, Willow. You were resistant.”

I say nothing, unsure of my own voice, only nod.

“It’s not true, you know, that only a magical death can be reversed. Tara Maclay’s death was nothing if not unnatural. You just went to the wrong God.” Her voice is quite but strong, it flows and caresses my ears with it’s gentleness. “Stay away from those black magick types.”

I’m interested now.

“Soulmates are a special thing. You’ve lost all of yours- to death, and selfishness, and arrogance. But the one who didn’t get to choose her path can be returned to you.” She raises one perfect eyebrow. “Questions? Comments?”

“How?”

“You sleep, Willow.”

That’s it? Seems a bit light on plot. “I go to sleep, I wake up, poof she’s back?”

“Of course not. As unfair as it is, all second chances come at a price. You’ve read the stories, it should be obvious. Give up your family, give up your friends. When Tara is returned, the two of you will be somewhere else. No returning to Sunnydale. Not ever. You will remember everything that has passed, although Tara won’t because how would she get through life knowing she’d died? Like your friend, most probably. Everything is reversed, she never died to anyone else. Alone you will know the truth. Are you clear on this?” Her deep eyes seem neverending. “If you return, she’s gone again.”

My friends who’ve changed so much that I can barely recognize them. But my mom, who I’m just getting to know, and Anya who has been so good to me. This is a lot to get used to. It makes me ache.

I agree and she turns and went back into the water, not bothering to look back at me even once. I walk home, smoke a cigarette on the front porch, looking up at this house I had only just returned to. But it would be worth it, I know, to have my Tara-Love back and well. No Buffy-like side affects.

When I get in my parents are in the living room, reading and listening to Ella Fitzgerald. They look up at me when I enter the room and I smile. They would understand, I think. Support me. Tell me that I have to be with the person I love. Remembering Tara telling me that, once upon a time, I choke back a sob and bite down on my lip to keep from crying.

“G’night,” I manage, my voice shaky.

“G’night sweetie.”

“Watch out for bed bugs.”

Well, not that much has changed. They don’t ask where I’ve been wearing my nighty at one in the morning. But I love them and their ignorance, love them and will miss them.

So I hug them and I kiss them, then I go upstairs and back into bed. As always, I dream of Tara.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:12 am 
Hi, I really enjoy your style of writing. It seems almost effortless and the words just flow. The story itself reminds me of a dream. Its very soft as the emotions are relayed in the gentlest of fashions yet completely believable. Sorry, I'm probably not explaiing this very well.

I like the way you brought Anya into this. With Tara's passing I definitely think the two of them would have recognised each other as the ones who saw Tara for the beauty she was.

Lovely update,

sonya

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:49 am 
Wow. Very powerful and emotional update!

I really like the way you are showing Anya in this story and how she is being a good friend for Willow. :)

And now i'm curious what's going to happen!

"I got so lost"

Edited by: snuggle79 at: 11/16/02 2:45:21 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 1:58 am 
:( I love how you are writing this story. It's so believeable, adn awesome.

I can't wait for more. Although I kinda will miss Anya.

-Will

"Hear that baby? You're my always."

"well, you know, when you play a lesbian witch you've gotta get killed in this fun kind of exciting way, so the heart was the way to go..."

"we have the most amazing fans though they LOVE us."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 2:30 am 
Why would you think this part sucks ? It was very nicely done. This part is (of course) mostly sad becauses Willow misses Tara, that doesn't make it bad.

I agree with Willow's description of her friends, no surprises there :D Though I did expect her to be a little nicer about Xander since they've been friends for sooo long. I never had that problem so I'm rarely nice to Xander :) . Anya and Willow being friends sounds good to me, I wonder if Anya will know what happened to Tara after she's returned.

The entire idea of having Tara return but both Willow and Tara being somewhere else entirely is neat. I find myself wondering where they'll end up and how they'll cope. I honestly don't think either of them really *needs* the current scoobies. I've been a fan of Willow&Tara moving out of Sunnydale for ages, it's not like the safest town to be :) . Now I just hope they'll end up in a place where they won't know whats going on in Sunnydale, otherwise Willow might want to go back to help with some apocalypse and such...(making Tara go away again)

Interesting that in this story Willow has more trouble leaving her parents than leaving her friends. Kind of ironic that she finally made up with her parents and now she has to leave again :( .

Did the girl in the water drown ? Blueish lips, dark eyes... and yes 'dark eyes' did have me worried for a sec.

Oh yeah, in case I wan't clear about that: this part did NOT suck.

Grimmy

"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 11:58 am 
I think I must have interpreted this wrong in miy mind. (which isn't surprising considering what goes on in there.)

I've been contemplating that since the hidden line within this has been fairy tales, which inherently give the impression of colourful, happy endings to our heroes but that somethimes the less obvious reality of the ending is somewhat different than on first inspection.

I therefore thought that the only way that Wilow could be with Tara again, elsewhere to her friends and family, was to join Tara. (gulp). So yes, going off into the sunset per se but not exactly the hugs and puppies ending. Such bitter sweet sorrow.

Which, given the depth of feeling between them I find a completely believable reaction to such a loss.

Like I said I've probably got this completely wrong but thats fine. Looking forward to the next part.

thanks again for writing this,

Sonya

Edited by: samiamiguess at: 11/16/02 1:59:41 am

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 8:59 pm 
Not the next part, sorry. I just wanted to reply to some things.

will, snuggle, sonya and grimmy- thanks so much for replying about this part. You guys rock.

Now, some replies to your feedback...

grimmy:

Why did I think this part sucked? I think everything I write sucks when I first write it. Half of what I continue into stories wouldn't get past the first page if my Kenda-girl didn't tell me how great she thought it was. This part I thought sucked because I wrote it in about two hours and Kenda thought it was a bit much (in terms of what Willow had to give up). That made me worrisome since she usually has only good things to say.

In terms of Willow's description of Xander I thought about how, realistically, people's friendships change. I've had people I was friends with since quite young and they've changed and I don't say 'oh no, what a wonderful person' simply because of their longevity in my life. Xander's being a dick, season severed more than ever, and I think RealWillow would recognize that, just as she'd be sick of Buffy's selfishness and Dawn's "be like everyone else, conformity is the way to go" speech. NotWillow might except these things, but no Willow of old or Willow that I would right ever would. That's how I looked at it.

The girl in the water is based on a bad faerie I've read about. (In my version, though, she isn't bad) But that faerie basically seduces her victims and then drowns them and although I considered making her evil and an obsticle to overcome, I didn't want to write Willow being seduced by this creature, especially so soon after Tara. So, now, she's not a drowned girl but just a Goddess or Faerie of the Water.

Don't worry about 'dark eyes'- my stories, W/T ones obviously- will never stoop to DMW bullshit.

sonya:

I actually don't remember if I posted it here, but the whole Willow being with Tara in death thing I already did. I don't think she kills herself in my story, though, only slips away in her sleep to be with her.

So, no, that isn't how this is ending up. The idea of me doing that in order to give a non "puppies and hugs" happy ending is interesting, though, and very clever on your part, I think. But this fairy tale is supposed to have a chock full of hugs and puppies and kittens and cuddles happy ending, except for Willow having to give up the parents she's just gotten to know and her current best friend.

I thought about using death for the trade-off of Tara's life, but I didn't want to be Joss Whedon. Unlike some series creators *cough* I can come up with an alternative.

Also, about my writing being like a dream- it's funny you say that because I read once that when Francesca Lia Block (my fave author, total Goddess, if you like my stuff you should read hers) writes she goes into a trance and I realized, 'hey! I do that too!' When I write Willow, I am Willow- as pretencious as that may be.

Thanks for the long comments from the two of you, I love that stuff. Although short feedback rules too, people who sent short feedback!

Edited by: starlitefaeriegrrrl at: 11/16/02 11:17:12 am

Post subject: update soon?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 9:25 pm 
Hey there! Just read your story. I am very interested as to where you will take this story for Willow and Tara. Please update soon!

Thanks again!

~NICKOLE~ :wave

Post subject: Re: a possible fairy tale
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2002 10:15 pm 
Title: A Possible Fairy Tale (3/3)

Pairing: Willow/Tara. No, really this time.

Dedication: to all the Kittens out there. I couldn't wait to finish this part, so here it is so soon.

I open my eyes, sunlight filtering in through the slits of the blinds and lighting up the room, making it impossible for me to remain asleep. I feel warm and cozy, blankets snuggled up to my chin. And around me, holding me, I feel arms encircling my body. I can tell from their softness and warmth, from the heat that is running up and down my body. I move in closer to the body next to me and the smell of it wafts up, up up to my nose. Jasmine and Rosemary incense.

It all comes back. The girl from the water. Her deal. Saying goodnight to my parents. A smile teases up the corners of my lips. Tara. Tara-Arms.

“You awake?” she whispers and I shut my eyes, close them and fight the tears that are building up inside of me. Will she still be holding me when I open my eyes again? Has this been only a dream? I can feel the tears as they glide down my cheeks and I am frightened to open my eyes and discover none of this has happened. What would I do? Go downstairs and have coffee with my parents, smoke a dozen cigs, go back to my room and cry? I wouldn’t be able to handle that. But then I feel her, fingertips dancing along the sides of my face, down my arms, then her lips pressing a kiss to my nose. She must be real.

I roll over and gaze up at her, smile, smile and her hair is long, falling loose in her face, her blue eyes sparkle and glimmer, she looks happy and well-rested. But her smile disappears as she sees the water glistening down my cheeks. “What’s wrong?” she asks.

I don’t reply, instead I kiss her and it’s like I’m drowning, falling deeper and deeper into her kisses, her lips, her arms. I feel like a person who can’t breathe once they finally get air again. I make promises with my lips and with my happy murmurs, that this time I will protect her as much as I can, I will save her, will be with her for the rest of our lives- and that will be a long, long time.

When we emerged from the bedroom, holding hands and talking, laughing, pressing small pecks to each other’s cheeks lips shoulders hands, I notice that the room smells like fresh bread and just brewed coffee. My senses whirl with so much pleasantness.

“I bought bagels,” she says proudly.

“I will eat bagels,” I reply.

We prepare the bagels, toast them and spread cream cheese and strawberry jam, then as I pour us coffee she slices up banana to add on top. Then we sit down and eat and I try subtly to look around at this place we now live. It’s small, an apartment building obviously, but we’ve decorated it nicely. Lots of flowers, lots of soft pastel colors. Paintings on the walls, two bookshelves full of books, some films, photo albums but mostly books books books. We read a lot, wow. Pictures of the two of us everywhere, in parks, in shops, in the apartment, back in Sunnydale. Some pictures of her mom, pictures of my parents.

Miss Kitty Fantastico is stretching out on the sofa, eyes shut in rest. I glance at my love to find her already watching me, eyebrow raised.

“See something you like?” she asks.

I laugh, embarrassed, and say, “I see lots of things I like. Primarily, you.”

She rolls her eyes, then mockingly lets out a ‘hmph!’ and flips her long hair over her shoulder. Then she giggles at herself and tears a piece off her bagel. She chews it slowly, carefully, our eyes meeting. She reaches out, takes my hand with hers and then with her other hand she picks up the other half of her bagel. “Marry me?” she says teasingly and slips the oversized bagel onto my finger.

“Oh, you romantic fool,” I reply. I chuckle and hold my hand out, admiring the bagel and then say, “And of course I will.”

After breakfast we read on the couch together and after awhile I break the silence, saying, “What did you think when we first moved here?”

She looks down at me, my head in her lap. “Well, I was surprised. You’d never suggested New York out of all the places we’d talked about before. But she you said that they had a pretty good school system, thought there’d be less casualties than Sunnydale for sure, and how could I argue with that?” She reaches down, kisses my lips. “But here we are, four years later, and you seem to be a damn good teacher. And I really love the city and I really love you.” She pauses and then exclaims, “Oh! The publishing house wrote back. They said yes.”

I grin, even though I never actually wrote this book. Go me and my creativeness. She goes to the bathroom soon after and I get up and head over to one of the paintings. At the bottom is Tara’s signature. She paints? It’s a lovely painting of a red-haired fairy-girl holding hands with a blonde dressed in rags. The background looks like the water’s edge where Tara sang to me. At the bottom by her signature, written in tiny Tara-writing is ‘under your spell’.

On the coffee table is a notebook covered in stickers. I pick it up and flip through it, my writing covers every page. Parts of stories, poems, not very professional sketches, more stickers, pressed flowers. I pick a clean page and take the pen that was next to the book and I begin to write.

Once upon a time, there was a girl. She was shy and quiet, very lonely. She lived in a small town with her parents who loved her very much but were too busy with their own lives to pay attention to her. She was in love with a boy, her best friend who didn’t love her back. Every night she would hope that he would notice her and that she would finally know love. And then, one day, she met the most beautiful, wonderful girl in the world and as soon as their eyes met, the girl knew that finally she would. Theirs was a love full of struggles and setbacks and danger, but they were forever and the girl knew that she was the only one who could save her love.

I pause for a moment and Miss Kitty takes that time to pounce on my lap, covering my notebook. Tara comes back and notices our cat blocking the notebook.

“What are you writing?”

I look down, begin to run my hand over our pet’s fur. “About us.”

She walks over to the couch. “What kind of story is it?”

“A fairy tale.”

"Mmm," she murmurs. "My favorite kind. Is there a happily ever after?” she asks, sitting down next to me and Miss Kitty.

“I wouldn’t write any other kind.” We smile at each other and then I lean in, causing Miss Kitty to move, and wrap my arms tightly around her. “I love you,” I tell her.

“I love you too,” she says softly, her voice a brush of air against my ear. I hug her as closely as I can, although never could I possibly get close enough, and let out a peaceful sigh. Her hands caress my hair, play with the long red stands, and I feel at peace for the first time in ages and ages.

With that, we lived happily ever after.

the end.

Edited by: starlitefaeriegrrrl at: 11/16/02 9:23:58 pm

Post subject: Re: a possible fairy tale
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 2:12 am 
:cry :cry Don't get me wrong. Those are tears of happieness!! You wrote this story so damn good, i really really loved it. :heart And i'm sad, that it's over so fast!

Willow and Tara are together again in the most beautiful way and they live a very happy life. What else could we wish for?

:)

I loved the way you described how it was for Willow when she felt Tara's arms around her for the first time again.

Lovely! Thanx for this lovely story. I really hope you are going to write some other stories or maybe a sequel to this one.

"I got so lost"

Edited by: snuggle79 at: 11/16/02 4:13:32 pm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 4:41 pm 
A lovely ending.

I particularly enjoyed the beginning, Willow feeling Tara's arms around her, wondering whether its still all a dream, then realising that she is in fact there and with her again.

As she should be.

Thanks for the story. Hopefully you have more?!

Have you written any non-W/T stuff? I'd love to read some if you have at all and of course if you wouldn't mind.

Ooh and thank Kenda for keeping you on the straight and narrow writing path.

sonya

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2002 11:12 pm 
thanks sonya and snuggle. am glad you liked it so much, especially you snuggle, wow with the crying. sorry to do that to you, though.

and sonya, if you'd like to read some of my non-Willow/Tara stuff, you can email me at saltedtears@hotmail.com and I'd be pleased to let you read some things. That goes for anyone, I guess, email me if you'd like to read other things of mine. *shrugs*

Edited by: starlitefaeriegrrrl at: 11/17/02 5:05:15 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:07 am 
new to the archive :) And you can still leave feedback!

-------------------------------

Buffy?

Let's change it, the Discovery channel has koala bears.