The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Amneris' Letter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 2:19 am 
Title: Amneris’ Letter

Author: Holly a.k.a Taras Shadow

Disclaimer: All characters belong to Joss Whedon, WB, ME, UPN, and other characters belong to me.

Pairings: W/T

Rating: PG 13

Spoilers: Normal Again and Entropy

Summary: Willow writes Tara a small poem.

**Note: Tara never came to the Summers house that day Buffy tried to kill the other scoobies.

**Note 2: I actually wrote this quickly after Entropy and Seeing Red. It’s short and sweet. I decided to share it with all of you. :grin

**Note 3: Amneris’ Letter is sung by Shania Twain and written by Tim Rice. It is available on Elton John’s Aida CD.

Amneris’ Letter

Willow couldn’t figure out exactly where she went wrong. Well she knew where she went wrong, but how could she have let things get so out of hand. Magic was not what her life needed, she knew that now. She couldn’t even think of the possibility of losing Tara…to someone else. But it was her fault. All her fault.

Making her way glumly back to the Summers residents she threw down her bag and sat in the chair at the dining table, pulling out her laptop, deciding maybe she should see if Xander emailed.

Things just weren’t going the way they were supposed too. Xander left Anya at the alter and then left all of them without no word. And Tara. Tara. Willow’s thoughts drifted back to earlier that day.

Willow stood in the hallway, waiting for any sign of her ex girlfriend. Upon looking for the blonde she decided to rehearse what she wanted to say. “Hi, um, Tara, how are you?” Shaking her head she sighed.

“W-well, I-I was wondering, maybe, you would wanna go out sometime? For coffee ... food ... kisses and gay love?” The red head sighed and bit her lip going in for another opening liner. “Hi Tara. Guess what? Magic-free now for, insert number, days now.”

Feeling somewhat frustrated with herself, she looked up again and watch as Tara came out of class. Smiling nervously, Willow began to move towards her one true love. But that’s exactly when her hopes and dreams went crashing to a halt.

Tara kissing or getting kissed by another girl. Sure it was just a cheek kiss, but that smile on Tara’s face.

Wanting to make a quick exit, Willow shoved her hurt face away and turned around, walking down the corridor quickly before Tara noticed her.

Willow was brought out of her thoughts by her best friend.

“Whatchya doin’?” Buffy asked.

“I’m online, checking to see if Xander emailed.” Willow pushed a few keys on her keyboard, making it look like that’s what she was really doing.

Buffy sat down and looked at Willow. “Any luck?”

“No such.” The red head sighed.

Buffy sat up hopefully, her voice rising a bit. “Well, maybe Anya found him and they're trying to work it out.” She watched Willow shrugged, and frowned slightly. “How come you're all, home, hearth, and DSL anyway? I thought you were gonna go see Tara.”

Willow wasn’t really expecting that but she knew that Buffy saw the flash of pain wash across her face. “Saw her. Saw her completely.”

“Ouch. Just got a scratch from all that brittle” .Buffy studied her best friend for a moment.

“It’s…” Willow sighed and closed her laptop. “...when I was seeing her, she was seeing someone else. A girl.” Her gaze finally landed on Buffy’s.

“You mean-”

“I mean... not "seeing" seeing. Well, maybe. I don't know, it was inconclusive, and I didn't stick around to find out. Might have magicked my fist through a wall or something,” Willow grumbled. Her heart sinking lower.

Buffy reached her hand out and rub Willow’s arm briefly. “Will, I’m sorry.” She softly said.

“I mean, they're probably just friends.” The red head began to pout. “I press my lips against my friends' all the time.”

Feeling like she could make her best friend feel better, she said the only thing that came to mind that was honest and true. “I'm sure they're just friends. Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen.” She beamed.

Willow smiled softly. “Thanks, Buffy.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tara sat in her single dorm room, looking around at the cream coloured walls. So different from her first room. She missed the dark walls and fairy lights.

Her mind drifted back to Willow. Tara bit her bottom lip and the realization hit her.

“Okay, I have a class in about ten minutes, then a study group session, then first thing tomorrow, I’ll go see Willow.” Tara spoke aloud. She smiled and grabbed her class books she needed before heading back out the door.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Willow was so emotional that day. Buffy had some mental/other reality problems. And Xander did come back but no one knew where Anya was.

If it weren’t for Dawn triggering some sort of memory with Buffy, they probably would have been dead.

After Buffy had apologized so many times, the gang decided it was best that they go and get some rest. They never knew what the Hellmouth would bring the next day.

Willow sprawled out in bed. With books and papers everywhere. She wasn’t the least bit tired. She had too many things running in her head. Usually Tara would curl up next to her and help the voices lower a bit. Or they would throw their books down on the floor and settle for slow romantic lovemaking instead. But Willow was alone, all alone with her thoughts.

“I should write Tara something.” She smiled. “She always loved it when I’d give her little letters or notes here or there.”

Picking up one of her many different coloured pens, Willow began scribbling down her thoughts and what she felt.

Willow read over it again and again, it was fitting and she couldn’t have said them better. It was simple and short and very much like a poem. Sticking the letter in her pocket, she quickly put on her shoes and snuck out the window so no one would notice her disappearance.

With Tara’s building coming into view, Willow clutched at the piece of paper in her pocket. Her heart pounded loudly, both from being aware of the big bads and because what if Tara was just arriving home and catches her at her door…

Pushing all thoughts aside, Willow climbed the steps and stopped at Tara’s door. She lightly traced the number 254 with her fingers before bending down and sliding the paper under her door.

Wanting so badly to knock on the door, Willow knew Tara was either out with a group studying, or in bed, sleeping. Turning around, the red pulled her hood over her head as rain began to pour down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tara stretched and looked at the sun filling her room. The morning light bathing the empty side of her bed. Her heart strings pulled slightly at the thought of waking up alone everyday since she left Willow.

Gathering up her clothes to wear, Tara went to head for a shower when she noticed the envelope with her name in powder blue letters. She smiled knowing it was from. No one wrote her name with such grace and in her favourite colour too. Picking it up she caught the faint scent of her lover, , she corrected herself. The soft strawberry smell with a hint of cinnamon.

Opening it up, she pulled out the small piece of paper and traced the hand drawn stars with her fingertips. Giggling, she noticed the ‘Pile o’ Crackers, moose taking a sponge bath and the big pineapple’. Finally her eyes settled on the words that were scrolled out neatly.

I'm sorry for everything I've said

And for anything I forgot to say too

When things get so complicated

I stumble, at best muddle through

I wish that our lives could be simple

I don't want the world, only you

Oh, I wish I could tell you this face to face

But there's never the time, never the place

And this letter will have to do

I love you

Wiping her tears gently with the sleeve of her shirt, Tara made up her mind.

Throwing on her clothes quickly, she held the letter tight as she left her dorm behind.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Willow was in the middle of making breakfast when she heard a soft knock on the door. Wiping her hands with a dishtowel, she made her way to the front door. When she opened it, she was shocked to see who stood at the other end of the door. Looking the visitor up and down, she noticed the letter in her hand. Her gaze went back up to blue eyes and a smile that spread across the blonde’s face. “Tara…”

Tara placed two fingers against Willow’s lips and pulled her close. “I love you too Willow.” She whispered, brushing her lips against the red heads. Sealing their love once and for all, with a kiss.

Pulling back, Willow was still reeling from the soft and gentle kiss. “I…uh…” She cleared her throat. “Do you want to come in for breakfast?” She asked.

Tara leaned in and nuzzled the red heads neck. “Only if I can stay afterwards. You know, none of that running away stuff…” She whispered.

Willow paused. ” Uh, um ... Various sounds of hesitation...”

Tara pulled back, noting the nervousness in her Willow. “She was just a friend.” She softly spoke.

Willow let out a relief laugh. “Friends are nice!”

Cupping Willow’s cheek, Tara smiled. “You rushed off before I could, you know, explain.”

Finally feeling like she could smile around Tara and openly flirt once again, Willow gave her goofy resolve face. “Well, officially, I have to say I have no idea what you're talking about.”

“Unofficially?” Tara gave Willow a teasing look.

Willow’s grin was wide and her heart was doing wonderful flip flops. She just hoped to the Gods and Goddesses that this wasn’t a dream. “So, want to come in? I sort of took over the cooking since…but you taught me well.” She beamed.

Tara smiled and followed the red head inside. “Smells wonderful, funny shapes, or rounds?” She asked, nudging Willow playfully on the shoulder.

Willow led them into the kitchen. “Both actually. You taught me how to cook, not do your awesome funny shapes. Mine mostly come out in blobs, then Xander laughs at them. He loves to eat them though, this one time, I had to make five batches because between him, a slayer and a growing teenager I just…”

Tara cut Willow off with a kiss. Her mouth moving against the red heads soft lips. “I’ve missed you.” She whispered against her lips. “So much.”

“I’ve missed you too, baby. Please, give me another chance, I’ll…” Willow’s words were swallowed once again, by Tara’s soft kisses.

“How about we give each other a lifetime together, full of happiness and love.” Tara smiled. “Thank you for the letter Willow.”

“Thank you, for loving me.” Willow smiled as the two embraced in a long, promising, intimate hug.

~*~*~*~*~*~

THE END! :pride

~Holly~ :heart

JACK: Oh, my God. I love TV. Buffy is my life. - I'm so into Willow being a lez.-Will & Grace

Post subject: Re: Amneris' Letter
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:08 am 
Awww this was soo cute.:heart :flower You have en excellent way of writing Willow and Tara with an underlying sweetness - I'm surprised, really, that I haven't gotten a sugar high on them.:grin

LB:wave

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:31 am 
Wooo hooooo! Anything by Taras Shadow is worth reading in my book!! So glad you wrote this version---so much sweeter. The show could have used you as a consultant, maybe there would still be a show. But that's totally a different subject. Thanks Holly--you are the bomb, you go girl! It's your birthday .....!!!!:clap

Marie

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 7:59 am 
This is so sweet, thank you :)

“Spirit of Sappho, ... I summon you. Come fill me with your big, dykey power!” ~ Final Exam by Tommo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:02 am 
Awwww they are back together:grin

And that letter.....simple but full of love....

Just like always....Your storys are great i love to read them....MORE MORE MORE:pray :heart

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

This is a duet, Amber! You need to sing!"- Tony

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 8:59 am 
Hey Holly:bigwave

Aw.....that was so sweet!!!!:happycry :happycry :happycry

Quote:
**Note 2: I actually wrote this quickly after Entropy and Seeing Red. It’s short and sweet. I decided to share it with all of you. :grin

So sweet of you....to share that sweetness with us ...:happycry :happycry :happycry

and...
Quote:
...this one time, I had to make five batches because between him, a slayer and a growing teenager I just…”

to start a sentence with "this one time".....especially after American Wedding come out....is a crime:lol :lol :lol :lol :no

You know I'm kidding, I loved it:p

Keep up those sweet fics, I love them they always bring a smile:grin

:peace :heart

M

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:30 am 
This was incredibly awesome and sweet. I loved it. :heart

thanx for sharing :)

snuggle79

I hate the way you make me feel

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 10:51 am 
That was great :clap

And the letter said it all :read

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 1:53 pm 
Hey holly..oh my..that was adorable, i had tears in my eyes :happycry ..it was so lovely..love sammi xxx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 1:33 am 

Oh Holly, that was just wonderful! Short'n'sweet, it's just ...sighs...no words can explain it...

Thanks for sharing, and making up a new memory, A BETTER ONE about those events of S6!

~Arwen

Hear That Baby? You're My Always... Willow

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 8:23 pm 
That was sweet. :heart

I love your writing.

*lil´c*

Let´s get happy and let´s be gay. germany´s grand prix song

Check this out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:53 am 
Holly;

Wow Holly, you really do have awesome talent. I mean I knew this before but still. How do you come up with so many storylines, characters and plots and still keep your old ones in mind? I give you so much credit and you truly should start to prepare for actually writing a book and getting it published, or better yet, THEM published. Hell, write all your fics up and get them all published, your poetry is already worldwide, sweetie.

Loving the new stuff and keep them coming.

:love ~Leah

"When the baby comes, can she call me mama? Like Tara's little girl?" My little girl on my baby and Hadley in Holly's Never A Night Like This

Edited by: YouGetMe at: 8/6/03 9:55 pm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:35 am 
:bigwave Holly,

I loved that update! :clap :bow It was sooooo beautiful! :willow giving :tara that letter was a wonderful idea. I have to go loo up that song now! :D

Grace :glasses :flower :fallen :peace

-------------------------------------

"Fate keeps on happenig."--Anita Loos

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:37 am 
This story was so sweet and cute! You always write Willow and Tara so lovingly and beautiful. :love :love :love

-Mandy

Post subject: Amneris' Letter-Replies
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:08 am 
Hey Kittens. Just some replies. Thank you to those who've read and/or commented!

Still Waters T: Thank you LB. A sugar high? *grins* Well, even though you didn’t get one from this fic, it really is hard not too with all the sweetness floating around with the two witches, you know, with all of the authors on the board. I’m glad you enjoyed.

screeminguitar: Anything by me is worth reading? Thank you Marie. :blush And about being a consultant, if only eh? Thank you so much for liking my work. I’m all with blushing over here. You always have such sweet things to say. Thank you.

Cicca: You are very welcome. Thank you for reading, I’m happy you enjoyed.

Stroke of Luck: Natti…always wanting more. *grins* And having Willow and Tara together…I wouldn’t have it any other way. Thank you reading!!

YMKA: Hehe…well you know Marina, this one time, while I was in my room, it FIVE O’Clock… wait, no...wrong thing. :p Anyway, *giggles* I’m glad you loved and that the things I write, can make you smile. Thank you for reading.

snuggle79: You are welcome for sharing. Anytime. Thank you for reading and such. I muchly appreciate it.

SJ: Thank you! I hope to write more sweet stories like this in the near future.

sam darls: Oh, Sammi, you had tears in your eyes? Good ones right? Okay, I’m guessing good ones. :grin thank you for reading. I love your short and sweet comments, they always make me smile. :)

Arwen276: I’m glad I can make a better memory of S6. And I’m happy that people are loving it. If I were to continue this story, let’s just say Tara would be very much alive still…forever. :grin Thank you.

littlecrazy80: Thank you, *lil’c*. I’m very glad you loved.

YouGetMe: Leah, wow, thank you. *smiles* I always knew you supported my writing and I thank you so much for that. As for your questions about the characters, plots and such…I’m just gifted that way. Heh, But don’t me wrong, it has it’s toll, lately I’ve been all “argh” because too many stories and ideas are popping into my head at once. So when that happens, I just write down a summary, put it into a box and once I’m finished with one story, I’ll pull something out and begin that one. Yup, that’s what I do. You know how it was with the homework assignments or if Odette wanted to play with more then one toy at once?…like that. :lol Thank you for reading, I appreciate it. :) BTW! Love your sig!! So cute! :grin *gives Oddy and baby my love*

bluewillowwitch: Amneris’ Letter-The song is very short, and is sung by Shania Twain. I used to be inspired by some of her music, but this one I fell in love with because it was short and sweet and I instantly thought of a story. Here it is. *grins* I’m glad you love it. Thank you, Grace.

SuperMandy13: Mandy! Can I just say I’m like a really big fan of your story, “Friends Forever”? BIG fan!! Everyone, if you are looking for a cute, loving story between Willow and Tara…Friends Forever is your story. It’s with little Willow and Tara and Present Willow and Tara. I LOVE! *clears her throat* Anyway, thank you for reading and loving this fic. Thank you. :grin

~*~*~*~*~*~

~Holly~ :heart

"I'd personally like to see Elektra and Lara Croft go head to head. I'd so pay to see that."

"What if you add Dark Angel? - And maybe a little Faith to add to the Buffy effect."

Post subject: Re: Amneris' Letter-Replies
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 1:21 am 
Hey,

How sweet was that? Totally needed to lift me from the vague bad mood I was in. I'm all with the happy awwwwwws now. Thank you!

Luv

Rachel

(Hey, look at me, two lots of feedbackyness in one day, there's gotta be something weird going on. :) )

AMBER- A grace ful and attractive person. Shows great loyalty to her friends. (sounds like our girl...)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 8:32 am 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

I have often been adrift, but I have always stayed afloat.    --  David Berry,  The Whales of August

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:32 am 
Hey Holly,

What a nice surprise to find this sweet and lovely story in the archives. I MUCH prefer your version of things to ME's. I just wonder how many other stories like this were written after Seeing Red. My guess...A LOT!!

Thank you for this!

Wendy

:pride

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:51 pm 
Awww. So sweet...:heart