The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Songfic: One
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 12:55 am 
A friend of mine recommended this song and the lyrics just spoke volumes. By her request I wrote this songfic, so this is for you Danzlet:)

*humungous hugs to Urnie for all her help and guidance*

This fic takes place after Tabula Rasa. The song is called 'If You're Not The One' by Daniel Beddingfield.

Willow let her hand run through the water, watching the tiny ripples spread across it. It was cool to the touch. She closed her eyes as the silent breeze blew her hair. Her heart was strangely light in this place; a place where she felt love surrounding her. Love in its truest form. Tara.

If you’re not the one then why does my soul feel glad today?

If you’re not the one then why does my hand fit yours this way?

If you are not mine then why does your heart return my call

If you are not mine would I have the strength to stand at all

She stared with longing into the depths of the water, reliving memory after memory. Clinging to the time when it had all seemed so effortless. She loved Tara. Tara loved her. Screw the rest of the world. But now? Willow let out a small, almost inaudible sigh, and closed her eyes, the words flowing from her in a painful whisper, "Is it possible that you’re not the one?"

I never know what the future brings

But I know you are here with me now

We’ll make it through

And I hope you are the one I share my life with

Birds passed overhead. Willow opened her eyes, almost expecting to see Tara standing there. She took a deep breath and sighed, lost in the irony that as recently as days ago, life had been perfect; just looking into her loves eyes. She rose and began to walk along the path and over the bridge. The very same bridge they had traveled so many times before. Willow felt her heart soar as the memories came flooding back. She stood in a place entirely in her mind. Tara was with her. Tara was there. She smiled softly to herself and leaned against the railing, whispering to a little swallow that had landed next to her. "We’ll make it through…"

Tara walked along the sidewalk to her dorm, head down. Her heart, body, mind, and soul, concentrating on one thing.‘I just left Willow… I left Willow…'.

I don’t want to run away but I can’t take it, I don’t understand

If I’m not made for you then why does my heart tell me that I am?

Is there any way that I can stay in your arms?

Tara could feel her heart breaking more with every thought. Images of the past months flashed in her head. All of the anguish and all of the worries, all of the hurt and all of the deceit, and then, she saw the kisses, and the laughter, and the smiles. She shook her head and entered her dorm, standing there looking at it, taking in the silence and the emptiness of it. "I...I...I don’t need you," she said to herself, "I don’t…". She sat down on her bed, numbed by the lies she was telling. 'Oh Willow…' a solitary tear trickled down her cheek . Her body shuddered under her effort to control her heart 'Willow…'

If I don’t need you then why am I crying on my bed?

If I don’t need you then why does your name resound in my head?

Willow sat on the front porch swing, watching little children play in the front yard across the road. "I was so stupid," she said quietly to herself, the sound of their laughter filling her head. She thought about the magic. The magic that she had become so involved in, that she lost the one thing that mattered most in her life. "I was so stupid…", at that moment Willow knew what she had to do, nothing else made sense in her head. Why she was allowing Tara to be so far away, why she let her get to the point of even considering leaving her, but there was one thing that she knew with utmost certainty, that the only magic that she needed was the one that Tara made her feel, so very safe and home, the magic of love.

I don’t know why you’re so far away

But I know that this much is true

We’ll make it through

And I hope you are the one I share my life with

And I wish that you could be the one I die with

And I pray in you’re the one I build my home with

I hope I love you all my life

The days were passing slowly, each seemed to drag on and on, routine continuing. School. Eat. Sleep. Work. Live. Tara’s heart was like a scale; weighed down with grains of worry, but every piece of news she heard about Willow improving and fighting against the magic, removed one. The long days had given her plenty of time to think about life and her feelings; she posed herself many questions and pondered the answers, trying to reach some sort of understanding.

‘how does she make me feel this way?’

Magic…

Walking through the halls of the school, Willow knew that to have Tara back, she needed to take the step "She's not just going to fall helplessly into your arms Willow, you have to be the one. You can do this...just go...just go and talk to her… ’ she told herself, "I can do this…I’ll do whatever it takes…"

‘Cause I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away

And I breathe you into my heart and pray for the strength to stand today

Tara leaned against the wall, watching Willow pass, the redhead deep in thought. Tara felt her heart leap as the vision of her soulmate moved further and further from her. On a sudden urge, she followed her down the hallway, increasing her speed as she went, suddenly needing to see her, to know her...face to face.

"Willow!" she cried out, desperately trying to catch her breath.

"Tara? Are you ok!?"

Tara nodded and looked Willow in the eyes, so many questions flickering in her own.

"Will… am I made for you? are you made for me?" she whispered

Willow stared at her and her heart felt so full it might explode

"My heart tells me that I am…"

Tara’s face lit up with a smile and she looked at Willow and saw herself in her eyes.

Willow smiled back.

"We should have some coffee sometime...Uh, maybe someday ... this

week after class?"

Tara grinned at Willow, knowing, understanding. Realizing in that moment they were one forever...

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

Edited by: Tara22  at: 2/1/03 3:14:10 am

Post subject: Re: Songfic: One
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:02 am 
I am going to get so boring with my replies. You know I can never come up with anything very insightful and meaningful, but I do know you are an amazing writer, and this is just more proof. Amazing...that word comes up a lot when I talk about you, doesn't it? :grin

Anyway, another fantastic job Chel. Glad to see you writing fic again. *hugs*

-Mellie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 2:29 am 
Hmm So we need to thank Ela for the song. Thanks E.

But the wonderful exploration of spirit is all you Chel.

I love how you found a place for each of them in the lyrics of the song.

Quote:
All of the anguish and all of the worries, all of the hurt and all of the deceit, and then, she saw the kisses, and the laughter, and the smiles. She shook her head and entered her dorm, standing there looking at it, taking in the silence and the emptiness of it. "I...I...I don’t need you," she said to herself, "I don’t…". She sat down on her bed, numbed by the lies she was telling. 'Oh Willow…' a solitary tear trickled down her cheek . Her body shuddered under her effort to control her heart 'Willow…'

The place you took Tara, her anguish over leaving her love. Knowing it was right and so very wrong all at the same time. Fantastic... just wonderful.

Quote:
"Will… am I made for you? are you made for me?" she whispered Willow stared at her and her heart felt so full it might explode

"My heart tells me that I am…"

Following your heart...such strength you show for each of them. The courage to be honest.

I love what you've written here Chel. Thank you.

Urn of Osiris
__________________**
"When I find myself fading, I close my eyes and realize my friends are my energy."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 3:10 am 
Amazing! Since I'm not feeling well that's pretty much all I can come up with : BUT, it really was amazing, and the lyrics fit so perfectly. Thank you for sharing :D

**Michelle

Post subject: woo hoo!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 4:40 am 
chelly belly!!!!!!!

*huggles huggles*

:sob :sob :sob <---happy tears

me so touched!

:party :clap :party :clap :party

beautiful. simply beautiful.

wonderful job, chel! magnifico! :grin

Post subject: Re: woo hoo!!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:30 pm 
This was lovely Chel. Very sweet and true to the nature of their inherent need for one another. Normally I can't stand Daniel Bedingfield, but you've used his lyrics really well in this story. Thanks. :)

It's in your eyes, I can tell what you're thinking; my heart is sinking too...It's no surprise, I've been watching you lately; I want to make it with you...

Post subject: OMG
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2003 9:42 pm 
Chel !!!!!!!!!1:wave

Wow ...im so impressed , that was just..... well ,it made me so sad....

i wish they had showed us mor of the agony they went through in the show...

that was just...well , i guess it just made feel ....what i want to feel in life....(did that even make sense....:paranoid

any ways......just loved it...

keep on the great posts!!:applause

Mika

Post subject: Re: OMG
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 1:43 am 
There was something so beautiful about the first scene; Willow sitting refectively by the water.

I love how their emotions and thoughts slowly move along with the music. From Tara trying to convince herself she doesn't need Willow to the two of them making the decision to be brave. Realizing they complete each other. You describe that transition perfectly.

Thanks for sharing this, and :love to your muse...

~*@.......We are the weirdest person in the world.......@*~

Edited by: vix84 at: 2/1/03 3:43:42 pm

Post subject: Aww
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 6:35 am 
Nice story, nothing like a happy ending involving our girls. Thanks to you though, again, I now have another song to download....I have a feeling I'll be going over my download limit this month! ou're a bad influence. Anyway nice to see another fanfic by you, look forward to more....Any time soon...

*~Kristy~*

"You talk about trying to find your way.But to me you are my way ."

"Have you ever felt really close to someone? So close that you can¹t understand why you and the other person have two seperate bodies, two seperate skins? I think it was Sunday when that feeling began."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 7:32 am 
Way to go chel. I really liked the part about Tara being numbed when she lied to herself. As if her body refused to let her mind overrule her heart. Very touching.:sob

Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone.

P.S. I like the avatar, is it new?

"Hey, Will. This is me. It doesn't all have to be 'good' and 'fine.' This is the room where you don't have to be brave and I still love you."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 12:59 pm 
OMG that was freaking amazing! :grin Whenever I hear that song it reminds me of W/T and here it is, a song fic of it! That was so touching and... I can't think of anything else to say except... wows!

Cath :angel

PS: Love your av!! MOOOO!!

Tara: No, I-I understand. You have to be with the person you l-love.

Willow: I am.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 8:20 pm 
Ah, Chel... this was so wonderful. You've really taken the emotions of this time and captured them really well with this song. So lovely. :) Thanks for this, Chel!

------------------
"You earn extra points by plucking fruit to bonk them." Donkey Kong, Jr description - Atari 2600

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2003 9:35 pm 
Chellolina! You did it! :grin

Your fics are awesome! :bounce

The lyrics are great and its perfect how the story and the lyrics fit together :)

Thanks so much Chella :p

:peace -Viv-

You wanna know what my new last name is?
Forgetful... and its the invention of my English teacher....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 10:52 am 
Great :clap

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:24 pm 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

life in plastic / it's fantastic