The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: First, Very Short Fic: Moments Before Somnolence
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 5:17 pm 
• Title of the story: Moments Before Somnolence

• Author name or Pseudonym: Moon To The Tide (Cassie T)

• Email address:tigereye@darksites.net

• Feedback: Not only my first Kitten fic or my first W/T fic, but my first fic entirely, so I would adore feedback. Preferably here, or you can always email me.

• Rating: I'm going to say PG. I hope it's right!

• Pairing: W/T, of course

• Disclaimer: I don't own these guys, and am not using them for my own personal fiduciary gain in any way.

• Summary: A simple story of love and contemplation.

• Note: As I mentioned, I have never written W/T before. I have never written Fan Fic before! So...yeah. Be warned, it's only short, and I hope you like it.

Darkness. A hand, soft, delicate - Like a flower, she thought breathlessly - traced the delicate contours of her hand, trembling slightly. Fingers intertwined.

A shower of sunlight locks brushing the union of flesh as gentle lips brushed her hand. Red hair met blonde as Willow carefully bent her head to their joined hands, kissing Tara's.

All was quiet. The stillness was rich velvet, patterned with energy - calm, and just below the surface - a smouldering passion that, once ignited, would not be extinguished easily.

Hands curled, the two leaned back in perfect synchronicity, lying on the cool linen sheets of the unmade bed. Faces turned towards each other. Foreheads touched. A smile cruved the blonde's lips, as the redhead's cheeks tinted rose.

A soft, whispered giggle...from which woman? Not even they could tell. They felt so much like their hands...intertwined...so perfectly interconnected it was hard to distinguish one from the other. This was love, they knew, in it's quietest, simplest form. And this was the magic.

Willow ran a woollen sock-clad toe over the contours of Tara's foot.

So delicate..so exquisite. A blush rose, with vibrant petals, strong groundings...but heartbreakingly beautiful. Fragility. Willow murmured a single word...an exhalation, as soft as the wind and just as careful a caress:

"Love."

Tara's eyes danced, her smile growing, face warmed with contentment. She made no move to speak, but gently kissed Willow's chin. Willow shivered. Embraced her love.

Closed her emerald eyes to the world, and watched instead her private minds-eye portrait of her Tara.

Tara shifted slightly, fitting herself to the contours of Willow's form, taking untold comfort in the pressure of Willow's skin, so close to hers. Her eyelids fluttered shut, and she thought.

My Willow...She delights me. I remember the world before her, and it seems so colourness. Willow gave me shape, form, vivid tone and splashes of light.

A collective thought: I need no heaven. She is with me, and that is my paradise.

Snuggled into each other, swathed in love and cool linen sheets, eyes closed...breathing in harmony.

They slept, and saw each other in the depths.

"Arriving quickly--you, Blessed One,with a smile on your unaging face,asking again what have I suffered and why am I calling again... "

Post subject: Re: First, Very Short Fic: Moments Before Somnolence
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:20 pm 
Hi, if that was your first one. i'm very impressed. It was short, but sweet. Well done.

Luv Hannah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:26 pm 
hey,

cool fic really. i hope you´ll write more soon!

akira

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 6:43 pm 
:clap :clap :clap .... WOW, what an expressive fic. Yet, short, it told a lot. Do you have anymore??? Due share, pretty please??? Anyway, I see something great coming in this fic. Great stuff!!! =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 7:39 pm 
That was so beautiful..and your first one? wow..soo good. Love sammi xx

Edited by: sam darls at: 12/13/03 7:59 am

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 8:39 pm 
Short and very sweet. Lots of emotion coming across here. To call this a 'fic' is a little bit of a down-sell. This piece straddles the line between storytelling and poetry, giving the reader view of the most wonderful facets of each genre. I must admit, this is a very unique and moving approach that I haven't seen too often.

Like mentioned above, there's so much to this short work. Every word counts, and you've chosen all of them very judiciously. Strong verbs and vivid nouns. That's the power, right there.

Your style flows nicely. It is leisurely and strong.

Very well done :)

-SQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2003 11:33 pm 
Wow, your writing has such a beautiful, lyrical quality to it. I can't wait to read more of your works. :D

-Mandy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003 3:24 pm 
Can I just say a huge "Thank you!" to everyone that read this, and the people in chat last night, that convinced me to post it!

Musicmad10 - Hi, Hannah! Thanks so much for your encouragement, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Akira - Ah, Akira, what can I say? Thanks for stopping from being so nervous. I'm a skittish kitten, and I was really jittery about posting fic!

TaraBaby77 - Thank you Aaron! I haven't written any more as of yet - truth be told, I wrote this piece on a whim. But I write constantly, it's my life...I'm just going to let it be a little more W/T centered these days. So you'll be seeing more of my stuff!

Sam Darls - Yes, this was my very first fic. I'm beginning to find it a little addictive. Thanks for reading my posts.

StrangeQuark - Oh, what can I say? Your words of praise are ones I value so highly. Thank you for seeing something in my little piece.

Quote:
This piece straddles the line between storytelling and poetry, giving the reader view of the most wonderful facets of each genre. I must admit, this is a very unique and moving approach that I haven't seen too often.

My favourite kind of writing is poetic prose, and you have no idea how wonderful it is to hear someone liken my little story to a style I admire so much! Thank you.

SuperMandy13 - Mandy, thanks for your kind words. I'll put something new up before the week is out. Whether it'll be a longer story or another short piece, I'm not sure, but I'll definitely have something soon.

"Arriving quickly--you, Blessed One,with a smile on your unaging face,asking again what have I suffered and why am I calling again... "

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003 2:43 pm 
Closed her emerald eyes to the world, and watched instead her private minds-eye portrait of her Tara.

How sweet. It may be a short ficlet but it was a very enjoyable one. You chose your words very carefully. :pride :applause :applause

Please write more.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 12:25 pm 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

life in plastic / it's fantastic

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:29 am 
Wow. I'm glad this floated up to the top. Your choice of words are so perfect.Simply Beautiful.