The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Shortfic: My Heart In a Song
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:43 am 
Hey Kittens!

I’m feeling a little mushy today, so I decided to write it out of my system. I hope none of you is diabetic. :grin

Title: My Heart In a Song

Author: Kayleen

Rating: Nothing strong, PG I guess

Spoilers: Nop, none. I’m even ignoring the series, basically just using the characters.

Summary: Willow is out of town on Tara’s birthday, leaving a sad blond behind. Can anything brighten Tara’s day?

N/A: I changed a few facts to adapt my fic and I really didn’t like the way things went on the series, so… :grin

o/ HIGH SUGAR WARNING KITTENS!! o/

~*~*~*~*~*~

Tara woke up with the sun on her face. She reached out to the other side of the bed only to be remembered that her lover wasn’t there. How am I going to survive without my Willowy-morning-cuddles?, she thought grimly.

Willow’s boss had sent Willow out of town to fix some problem with the computers of a firm in Denver, so Willow wasn’t coming back for another three days. On my birthday too. Why did they have to send my Willow? Couldn’t anyone else do this job? Of course she told Willow to go, she didn’t want her lover to lose her job over her, but that didn’t her feel less sad. It wasn’t just the fact that today was her birthday, she just didn’t want her Willow away from her.

Look at me, all moody because Willow isn’t here. I survived all those years before knowing her, right? She shook her head with a rueful smile, yeah, but now that I’ve found what was missing in my life I don’t ever want to go back.

Willow was as important as the very air she breathed, she was her reason to wake up every morning,         she was the joy and love of her life. Funny, sometime ago I would have been scared to be so dependant on someone, now it just feels… right, so right.

That’s why when Willow told her that she would have to go to Denver to work her heart sank and she felt like someone was squeezing the joy out of her. Willow told her she was sorry and that she would make it up to her. She smiled thinking about the night they had before Willow’s departure. Hmmm… Willow-hand and Willow-tongue…, she blushed as she thought how her lover had been fierce on ‘making it up’ to her that night.

Alright, McClay, no use getting worked up. Might as well get up. With that she got up and started her morning routine.

“Without my Willow-cuddles…” she grumbled as she made up the bed.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Even with the bright sunny day Tara couldn’t get herself to feel happy. There’s no need for the sun to shine when the light of my life isn’t here with me… She looked wistfully at the couples walking together and enjoying the beautiful Saturday morning with their loves. I miss you, baby…

So distracted she was with her Willow-thoughts that she only noticed a person on her way when the impact pulled her out of her reverie.

“S-sorry…” she stuttered softly and her eyes widened when she saw who she bumped into. “Oz?”

“Hey.” said the young man easily.

“W-what are you d-doing in t-town?” Tara cursed herself for stuttering in front of her lover’s ex.

“Just visiting.” He shrugged.

“Oh…” she couldn’t think of anything to say.

“So… Where’s Willow?” asked Oz casually. Tara’s expression was downcast at this.

“She’s out of town. Working.” she tried to say as calmly as possible but couldn’t keep the sadness from her voice.

“You really love her, don’t you?” Oz looked at her, studying her expression.

“Always.” she said automatically before realizing who she was talking to and looking at the ground.

“Good.” her head shot up and she looked at Oz in confusion. The young man sighed at her expression and for once Tara could see the emotions playing across his face.

“Look, I love Willow, I guess I always will. She does that to people, you know?” He smiled slightly “But I’m not in love with her anymore. I want her happy and I can see that you love her deeply, I’m glad for that. Willow deserves to be happy.”

“I understand. I promise I’ll take good care of her, I love her more than anything.” she said seriously, making Oz’s smile widen.

“But you know what you’ll have if you ever break her heart, don’t you?” he joked lightly.

“Besides her very pissed off Slayer best friend?” she played along with a lopsided grin.

“Besides that, yeah. You’ll have an angry werewolf to deal with.” he stated in a more sober voice and she knew he was being serious.

“You don’t have to worry, I don’t plan on ever hurting her.” she promised.

“That’s good.” then Oz’s expression was unreadable again and she knew that their ‘heart-to-heart’ was over. “I’m playing with the Dingoes tonight at the Bronze, just for old time’s sake. Will you and the gang be there?”

“Maybe.” she said uncertain, she wasn’t feeling in the mood to go out, it was difficult enough to dismiss the Scoobies’ idea of a birthday party for her, without Willow it just wasn’t the same.

“Ok. I’m going then.” Oz shrugged and turned around starting to walk away.

“Bye.” she said softly and Oz just waved without turning back.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I can’t believe I let them drag me here… Tara thought as she looked around the Bronze. It was pretty busy tonight, she suspected that it was due the fact that the Dingoes where playing again after so long.

The Scoobies had insisted that she came along, no, scratch that, they had downright threatened her into coming.

“Come on, Tara! It will be fun!” they said.

“You shouldn’t be alone on your on birthday brooding!”

I don’t brood., she argued, but she knew it was useless, so she gave in.

All the Scoobies were there. Buffy, Xander, Anya, Faith, Dawn, even Giles was there, which was a big surprise, seeing that he hated ‘those places full of teenagers and irritating noises they call music’. It was kind of fun seeing the watcher’s exasperation at the place. But Willow isn’t here, she was adamant on not having fun without her baby.

“Yo, Blondie, what’s with the sad face?” Faith’s voice brought her back to the living without-her-Willow world.

“Yeah, Tara, you should be having fun!” agreed Dawn hugging her shoulders.

“Willow wouldn’t want you to be sad on your birthday or on any other day, anyway.” Buffy grinned.

“I’m just not in the mood, guys.”

“Aw, come on! It’s not like the world is ending!” then Faith noticed something out of the corner of her eyes and grinned broadly “Come, Blondie, why don’t we go near the stage to watch the band, eh?” she didn’t wait for an answer, just dragged her along and all the Scoobies followed.

Now they were on a table near the stage. How come this table was empty? She asked herself confused and was about to voice her doubts when the lead singer started to speak:

“Tonight it was made a special request to us, so I’m giving up the microphone to a person that wants to give someone a special present. Guys, a round of applauses to Willow Rosenberg!”

Tara’s jaw hit the ground when she saw the redhead come out of the backstage and pick the microphone after giving Oz a brief hug. She’s so beautiful…, she couldn’t help but drool over her beautiful Willow in tight black jeans and dark green halter top.

“Close your mouth, T, wouldn’t want to catch a fly in there, would you?” smirked Faith closing Tara’s mouth for her.

“You guys knew about this.” it wasn’t a question.

“Sure we knew, we helped to plan it.” quipped Buffy.

All thoughts of strangling her friends flew out of her head when Willow started to speak.

“Er… I usually wouldn’t do something like this, but this is a special occasion. I’m no singer, but the moment I heard this song I knew it would be perfect to say what is in my heart. Baby, this is for you.” she looked directly at Tara and smiled.

The band started playing a soft and vaguely familiar melody. Then Willow started singing in a soft beautiful voice:

If I were a painter

Mixing my colors

How could I ever find the blue of your eyes?

The canvas could never

Capture the light of your smile,

Of your smile

And girl if I were a sculptor

Working in marble

I couldn't hope to copy your perfect face

The curve of your body

The feel of your skin

My hands could never

Ever trace

Willow never took her eyes of Tara’s and the world just seemed to fade away as her love sang the chorus:

So I’ll try to find a melody as beautiful as you

Find the words to say your eyes are bluer than blue

Fill my voice with the emotion I'm feeling for you

And now when the beat is so strong

I'll give my heart in a song

Tara’s eyes were filled with tears and the Scoobies smiled indulgently seeing the love showing so openly in both girls’ eyes. All The Bronze was silent watching the beautiful exchange between the two soulmates.

If I were an actress

I could be someone

Someone who'd always know the right things to say

But as soon as I’d see you

I'd forget all my lines

And you'd never know what I feel inside

So I’ll try to find a melody as beautiful as you

Buffy and Faith led a blushing Tara to the stage where Willow took her hand placing a soft kiss on its back. Tara blushed even more when the redhead embraced her and continued to sing, swaying gently with the beat.

There's no other way

That I know to say

Baby how much I love you

And if only you'd give me a chance

I’ll try to find a melody as beautiful as you

Willow sang the chorus two more times as she danced with Tara. When the melody started to fade the redhead stopped dancing and took Tara’s hand in hers, gently cupping her tear streaked face with her free hand, wiping away the tears.

“I’m no poet, I don’t have all the pretty words. I could have memorized a poem to say to you in this moment, but there aren’t words enough to express the depth of my love for you, baby. These few days we’ve been apart were enough proof that I can’t stand being away from you. I knew the moment I saw you that my life would never be the same because my heart didn’t belong to me anymore. I just have to look into your beautiful eyes to be home. So, Tara, what I’m trying to say is…” Willow bended on one knee never leaving Tara’s eyes “Will you marry me?”

Tears were streaming down her face as Tara answered the only way she could think of: grabbing Willow’s head and kissing her passionately.

The soulmates were lost in the softness of each other’s mouth, they didn’t care about Faith’s “You go, Blondie!” or the cheering crowd of The Bronze, their whole world resumed itself in each other and this kiss.

Only when they had to part with the need of oxygen they noticed that they were in a very public place with dozens of people watching.

“Oh Goddess” Tara buried her head in the crook of Willow’s neck with her face as red as her lover’s hair. “I can’t believe you did that…”

“Love makes you do crazy things.” Willow fished a velvety box in her pocket and took out a beautiful silver ring designed with Celtic designs in green and blue. “I love you.” she put the ring on Tara’s fingers, kissing her hand reverently.

“I love you too, baby.” Tara kissed her Willow again. You’re the best birthday present I could ever receive.

THE END

There! Finished! Mushyness out of my system! :grin

Who'd have thought, huh? Willow singing to Tara in a public place. ;)

The lyrics I used were The Painter by O-Town (I adapted it a little, well, I just changed one word in fact), I so love this song, it’s the cutest ever, don’t you think? It really inspired me! :love

I know my English isn't the best, I don't write as well as I read, but I tried my best. I hope you all can understand my poor English. :wink

I’d like some opinions, so feedback please? *puppy dog eyes* :pray

=> Kayleen <=

Post subject: aww
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:12 am 
awwwww....that was so sweet...it's over? darn...woulda been an awesome story...but it's awesome the way it is too...it was definitely beautiful

Aine

Post subject: Re: aww
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 5:01 am 
HOLY MOLY :shock . I loved that. Please tell me there is more??? That was so sweet, cute, and full of Willow:willow and Tara:tara love, :love . So, if that wasn't really the end, can we have more please??? =)

Great work!!! :applause :clap :applause :clap

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:25 pm 
Awwww...: heart This brightened up my day! Beautiful!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:35 pm 
That was sweet. :heart I´d like to read more of this.

*lil´c*

I´m an actress... I don´t pee. Amber in Augsburg

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 11:13 pm 
Awwwwwww...that was soo wonderful, and adorable..and just lovely. Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:01 am 
Awwwwwwww :heart :heart

That was absolutely sweet! Mushy yes, but I love mushy :

Thank you for sharing this lovely fic with us, I do hope you write more stuff. :love

~Holly~ :heart

"I've got this ache, and I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger - Ginger Snaps

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

Post subject: Re: Shortfic: My Heart In a Song
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:06 pm 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

everybody here is outta sight   /   they don't bark and they don't bite