The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Of My Love Be Sure (Completed)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:46 am 
So, yeah, I've been writing since last night to get out a piece of fluff for Christmas. I hope you like this, cause I'm not usually good with fluff. Tell me whatcha think, and this is a one shot thing, if it's really loved, I'll write a companion piece to it for New Year's.

TITLE: Of My Love Be Sure

AUTHOR: Washi (ZWS)

EMAIL: washi@dark-bliss.net

RATING: I'm thinking PG, PG-13 ish.

DISCLAIMER: I don’t own the characters, Joss does or whoever. If I owned them, do you really think I would let season 6 happen? And why the hell would I be writing this?

So yeah, all belongs to Joss, ME etc...

SPOILERS: At most the flashback of Christmas Dinner in the episode "The Body".

FEEDBACK: I love it, I live for it, either here or by email, although here is better.

ARCHIVE: It's gonna be on Blood and Ink. Ask and ye shall receive.

ANGST: What Angst? This is fluff! Be carefull though, hope you won't get too many cavities because of the sweetness. :wink

NOTES: I don't have a beta, so all mistakes are mine.

Dedication: This fic is dedicated to my friends on the Kitten, who know who they are. Merry Christmas.

Thoughts are in 'italics' and letters, etc... are in plain italics.

The red BMW sped through the streets of Sunnydale, going towards the Rosenberg household. In the backseat, Willow was clutching at Tara, her eyes wide with panic.

“I don’t feel so good.” she said, her face starting to have a distinct green tint to it. “Giles, can you slow down?”

“Willow, I thought you were the one who wanted me to drive faster. Did I hear that wrong?” Giles replied, his face splitting into a devilish smile.

Willow gulped. “Ok, ok you win. You can drive fast. Now, please slow down. My tummy’s all achy, very achy.” Willow gulped again before burrowing deeper in her lover’s embrace, groaning softly.

It had all started nicely, some friendly banter with Giles after Christmas dinner at the Summers’ home. Dinner had been a success, and after helping clean up, Willow, Tara, Xander, Anya and Giles had thought it’d be better to leave. After all, Joyce was recovering, and they didn’t want to tire her. At the door, Xander and Giles offered to drive Willow and Tara back to the redhead’s house. Willow’s parents were, as always, out of the country, and had suggested for Willow and Tara to stay in the house during the holidays.

Ok, so maybe it hadn’t been both her parents.

Sheila Rosenberg had sent Willow a telegram, saying:

Willow,

Happy Holidays. Money wired to account. Have fun. Happy Hanukkah.

SR

Only Ira had actually had the decency to call his daughter. They had chatted for a while, and he had suggested that she and Tara spend the holidays at the family house. Tara didn’t know what exactly Mr. Rosenberg had told his daughter, but she had blushed bright red and giggled softly, before exclaiming loudly in an embarrassed voice “Dad!”. And so, Willow had taken her father’s offer and both girls were staying in the Rosenberg home.

Willow was about to say that Xander could drive them home when Anya spoke, making Willow’s mind for her.

“You can ride with us, the backseat is very comfortable. Xander and I have often…” She started before her boyfriend placed his fingers on her lips, making her stop talking.

“Ahn, please.” He said, grinning embarrassedly to the rest of the gang.

Willow had already decided that she and Tara were never going to set foot in Xander’s car when Anya started to suck on her boyfriend’s fingers lewdly. Sweat broke on Xander’s forehead and he looked at Willow, almost pleading her to take up Giles’ offer. And she did.

“We’re going with Giles.” She almost yelled, before lowering her voice to normal and continuing. “Maybe we should walk, we’ll get there faster.” She finished with a snicker.

“I assure you Willow that I can drive quite fast.”

“Really? Show us!” she almost squealed.

And, he was showing her right now, and she was begging him to stop the car, her face pasty and her eyes wide.

“Mr. Giles, could you please slow down?” Tara finally spoke. She flashed Giles a pleading gaze over the rear-view mirror and he accepted, slowing the car down.

In the meanwhile, Willow was holding her stomach and groaning softly. Tara watched her lips moving, and she leaned towards her a little, finally being able to hear Willow’s whispered words.

"Nog bad, Nog bad, Nog bad…"

Tara had to refrain herself from laughing at her lover’s cuteness, and she succeeded. Willow could be too cute for words sometimes, and she once again thought of how lucky she was to have this wonderful woman in her life, and in her bed every night.

‘Getting lucky definitely has something to do with it.’ Tara thought wickedly, a faint blush tainting her cheeks as she thought of the nights they spent together, of the passion and desire that seemed to overpower them.

Tara never thought of herself as a sexual being, or a vixen, but she was when Willow was there, or when she was thinking of Willow, alone, in her bed… That definitely changed.

Tara shook her head to clear her mind and focused on her lover, who was still clutching at her, albeit less desperately. She cupped her lover’s chin in her hands and tilted up the redhead’s face, pleased to see her face starting to return to a normal healthy color.

“Sweetie, are you okay?” she whispered, and her lover’s eyes locked on hers.

“Yeah, I’m feeling better. I love being in your arms.” The redhead whispered back, one of the hands that had been gripping Tara’s forearms straying up to cup her lover’s cheek. Willow smiled and sighed contentedly. She ran the pad of her finger over Tara’s full bottom lip and then followed it with her lips, kissing the corner of Tara’s mouth, before slowly placing her lips directly on the blonde’s. The soft sensitive skin of their lips brushed tenderly against each other before Willow’s tongue crept out to flick Tara’s upper lip, to taste the strawberry lip balm the blonde wore.

A loud honk broke their moment, as well as Giles cursing his typical “Bloody hell!” as a passing car crossed his path. They pulled away, blushing and leant back in the backseat of the car, safely in each other’s arms. That’s where they stayed, silently pondering over their luck and the rest of their night until they reached Willow’s family home.

Both girls got out of the car, Willow slightly wobbling, thanked Giles and wished him a Merry Christmas once more.

“Merry Christmas, Hanukkah and Solstice to the both of you. I will see you tomorrow. Goodnight.” Giles said, smiling before he drove off.

The two lovers looked at the glowing red lights of Giles’ car for a while, mostly for Willow to catch her breath. The ride had been hell on her fragile tummy, which already hurt from drinking too much nog. But the blonde had said something about belly rubs, and so Willow knew that the queasy feeling wasn’t going to last.

After watching the tail lights of Giles’ car disappear in the night, the two lovers walked up to the porch. Willow got the key out of her purse and opened the door, waving at her lover to enter the house before her. Of course, she did tell herself that it was all about being polite, and not about looking at her lover’s derrière. Which was an impressive derriere, Willow loved her lover’s behind, loved to run her hands over the smooth skin, to mold it in her hands…

Willow shook her head and walked in behind her lover. Tara, feeling Willow behind her stopped and reached a hand back to her, which Willow eagerly took. They walked into the den and Willow switched on the lights.

“What the frilly heck?” she exclaimed as she looked at the decorated tree that was now in the corner of the room. She ducked her head a bit and looked under the tree, only to find a couple of gift-wrapped boxes. She turned to face her lover and saw that she had a similar expression on her face.

Tara shrugged and they both moved to the tree. Willow saw a piece of paper sticking out of a gift box and quickly snatched it up. She unfolded it and started reading, her eyes getting more and more watery with every line she read until one tear escaped her and ran down her face, finally splashing against the blue ink of her father’s writing.

Dear Willow,

As you know, your mother and I won’t be here for the holidays. I apologize, for I would have loved to get to know Tara some more. So, since Tara is used to having a tree for the holidays, I thought it would be nice for her to put one up, to make her feel welcome. I know that your mother doesn’t really accept Tara, or accept the fact that I made a friend of mine put up a Christmas tree in our house, but how about we keep that our little secret. She’ll come around, eventually.

Willow, you have to know that I am proud of you, and that I love you.

I sent you some gifts, I know it’s not our tradition, but I wanted to, and I also sent some things for Tara.

I hope you have fun, and send Tara all my love.

Ira

Tara looked at Willow and her teary eyes and whispered to her if everything was alright. Willow just nodded, passing the letter to her girl. Tara skimmed it and frowned when she read about Willow’s mother, but then, her smile blossomed like a pale rose.

“That’s so sweet of him.” She exclaimed, looking at her girl.

Willow nodded, smiling. Her father was so considerate, and unlike her mother he accepted Willow and Tara’s relationship.

‘No, accept is a bad word, he supports it.’ She thought to herself.

Willow looked back at her lover, who was still smiling and felt a surge of electricity go through her. She needed to kiss Tara right then, it was more powerful than her. She stepped closer to her lover and cupped her chin in her hands, bringing their mouth together in a loving kiss, their lips meshing together, their tongue peeking out to taste each other. They pulled away breathlessly and stared into each other’s eyes.

“Let’s say we cuddle in front of the fire and then we open our presents?” Willow suggested.

Tara agreed and they got into their pajamas before lighting a fire. They snuggled under a blanket and watched the fire contentedly. Tara’s hand was under Willow’s top, her fingertips drawing unknown patterns on her lover’s taut belly. Willow was moaning lightly in delight, Tara-hand was definitely one of her favorite things in the world. After a while of lightly kissing and tummy rubbing, Willow turned to face her lover, and looked straight in her eyes.

“Tara, do you wanna marry me?” Willow blurted out without any warning.

Tara’s shock was clearly written on her face. She couldn’t believe that Willow had asked her that. It was a pleasant surprise, but Tara had to make sure that she heard Willow properly.

“W-w-w-what?” she asked, her eyebrows almost reaching her hairline.

Willow looked at Tara, her mind working frantically.

’Okay, what did I say? What did I say? Oh crap! That wasn’t supposed to come out that way!’

“It wasn’t supposed to come out that way!” Willow practically yelled. She took a deep breath and continued talking. “What I meant was would you like to marry me, in the future, if I asked you, you know?”

Tara smiled, and nodded. “Of course I would my love. That’d be… all my dreams come true.”

By then, both girls had shifted to face each other, and Willow took Tara’s left hand in hers, her eyes boring deeply into the cobalt oceans in front of her.

“Maybe, I could make one of your dreams come true tonight.” Willow said, pausing after each word.

“Just being here with you is making most of my dreams come true.” Tara whispered back, her eyes shinning with unshed tears of happiness. And yet, they didn’t break their loving stare.

“How about I try anyway.” Willow whispered. Tara nodded and waited, her heart drumming in her chest for what Willow was about to tell her.

“Tara, I love you, I’m in love with you. Well, duh, you know that.” Willow stopped and took a deep breath. “What I mean is, I know that we’re too young to get married, and hell, we can’t in this country anyway, legally. We could, of course, have a hand-fasting ceremony, but I want something respected, something the State would recognize, I want everyone to recognize us as wives. Hopefully, in the future, we’ll be able to do that, so, what I ask of you now is would you wear this ring?” Willow asked as she took out a midnight blue velvet jewelry box and opened it, revealing an engraved silver ring. “Will you wear this ring as my promise to you? To us? A promise of the future, a future together?” Willow asked slightly nervously, her eyes never leaving her lover’s.

A huge grin broke out on Tara’s face before she frowned slightly. “B-b-but… I don’t have one for you…”

Willow put the hand that wasn’t holding Tara’s in her pocket and emerged holding a matching silver ring. She grinned and showed it to her. She then passed the ring to her lover, and asked again: “So, will you wear this promise ring?”

Tara’s smile grew once again as she nodded, unable to speak past the lump in her throat. A single tear slid down her cheek and Willow’s lips were there instantly to brush it away. Her lips migrated in search of Tara’s until they found them, and they sealed their promise with a kiss.

Slowly, their lips parted and they both sighed. Willow took the ring from the box and looked at it, trying to decipher its hidden proprieties.

“These rings were originally made in the Renaissance. Legend says that the words touching the skin, the words engraved inside the ring will come true.” Willow explained, twisting the ring to be able to read the inside. “De Mon Amour Soiez Sure” she read.

“Of My Love Be Sure.” Tara translated easily, having heard of the phrase before in one of her literature classes. “You already got your wish though.” She continued, smiling up at Willow.

Willow smiled back, happiness radiating from her. She took Tara’s right hand and slipped the ring on her ring finger, whispering “Of my love be sure.”

Tara slipped the ring on Willow’s right ring finger and whispered “De M’Amour Soiez Sure.”

They kissed again, passionately, totally oblivious of the outside world, totally oblivious of the flash of light that erupted from the script held inside the ring.

The End

-------------------

"See? I've mastered this tact crap." Anya in Tears Of The Goddess by Lisa

The course of love doesn’t always run smooth, especially for the neurotic and accident-prone. ~ LadyB

.:Dark-bliss.net :. .:My blog:. .:Blood and Ink:. .:Washi's 70s Site:.

Edited by: Washi  at: 12/24/03 3:55 pm

Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:21 am 
AAAAWWWWEEEEE!!

Too sweet for mere words, so I settle for amusing smilies:

:heart :banana :applause :D :bounce :happycry :heart

I’ve never purposely gone out to take somebody out. Well, maybe, in elementary school I once did try to trip somebody. –Amber Benson

I'm an idiot. Ask me how.

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:37 am 
Ah, "De mon amour soiez sure." Lovely. Romantic, funny, cute -- you call it fluff, but the world could use more of such fluff. Thanks for this Christmas present, Washi, and a merry Christmas to you.

Russ

Post subject: Re: Of My Love Be Sure (Completed)
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:45 am 
Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwwww.....that was sooo sweet!!!!!! :heart :heart :heart :heart

I soo wanna read "the companion piece to it for New Years" :p

I laughed I cried.....ah...and now I'm all sappy:p

Please write one for New Years !!!!!! :flirt :flirt :flirt

Love you,

:heart :peace

M.

---------------------

"..I feel you, I taste you, I cannot forget, everytime it rains I get wet..." (c) Ace of Base

"I want to go back to...Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all.."(c) Evanescence

"I'm sorry..."- Me " You are NOT sorry" -Holly

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:49 am 

I loved it! Really, really cool. :applause Oh, and I agree...much anticipating the New Years piece as well, that is if you decide to write and I'm all with encouraging you that you should.

P.S. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, I hope for all the happiness to come. So, yeah, again...I loved it. :)

For some life lasts a short while, but the memories it holds last forever. -L. Swenson

"You make a place for her in your heart, it's sort of like she becomes a part of you. Does that make sense?" - Tara

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 5:02 am 
Awwww :)

This was soooooooooooooo sweet!

Awwwwwwwwwwwww. :D

Thank you the beautiful Christmas story baby. :) I'm off to finish wrapping presents. :D

~Holly~ :heart

"I've got this ache, and I thought it was for sex, but it's to tear everything to fucking pieces." Ginger - Ginger Snaps

"I am a tongue whore...you gave me tongue, what am I supposed to do...sit back and keep my mouth shut?" -Me-

"I know who you really are...you're the one who cries when you're alone." - Where Will You Go? - Evanescence

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:13 am 
Washi, my dear...

You are such a romantic! You brought a smile to my face and my heart. Sometimes all we need is something short and sweet to make our day.

Thanks for making my day...

Connie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:25 am 
Washi, this is excellent fluff. From the "Nog bad" to sweet, sweet Ira's thoughtfulness to the tummy-rubbing to Willow's proposal and Tara's acceptance to the flash of light...just fantastic.

Thanks! Happy now. :grin

i got a dance ain't got no steps  /  i'm gonna let the music move me around

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:43 am 
I always wondered what happened to tummy-rubs and too much nog. Giles scaring Willow was great, but she did deserve it for challenging his driving. Ira is one fantastic dad, and I wish we had seen him in the series. His Xmas present to his daughter and Tara was wonderfully sweet and thoughtful. Finally, the rings and a big awwwwwwwwwwwww for that. Who says you can't write fluff, Washi? Wonderful.

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 8:41 am 
I'm jumping on the awwwwww wagon, heehee. That was just adorable. I so love Willow's dad..... awesome guy. Anyhoo, I think this is such a cute and sweet and cuddly fic that I will have to keep an eye on it, :D . Love what you got going, Washi. Can't wait to see more soon.... =)

Aaron

'TaraBaby77'

"It's about two people,
regardless of sex, who love each other and treat each other with compassion and
respect."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:18 am 
Merry Christmas Sweetie,

cute fic and it was totally Aww worthy . I can't wait till new years now lol

Love ya

Arron

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

~ by Ralph Waldo Emerson ~

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2003 7:39 pm 
Awwwww.....awwwwwww......t-t-that was.....awwwwww

Quote:
“It wasn’t supposed to come out that way!”

That was so adorably cute...You so do NOT suck at happy angst-free fics...you don't suck at angsty fics either...You don't suck at fics, period!:)

Willow : So, tell me, is it dangerous?

Anya : Oh, no.

Willow : Well, can we pretend it is?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:06 am 
Awww..washi, that was so amazing and really adorable..I loved it. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 12:23 am 
That was so AAWWWW :heart :heart :heart :heart :heart

*lil´c*

I´m an actress... I don´t pee. Amber in Augsburg

Check this out

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:18 pm 
Wonderful :clap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 10:34 pm 
Awww Washi! My heart just melted!

:heart :heart :heart

My whole life I've loved only one person, that person was you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2003 11:02 pm 
That was beautiful, Washi!:heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2003 12:06 am 
Smut, romance, fluff...you sure can write 'em with the same Washi goodness!

Loved it mucho!

:love Sleek

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:01 pm 
New to the archive. You can leave feedback! :)

everybody here is outta sight   /   they don't bark and they don't bite

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 5:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awwww, soooo sweet!!!!!
I love the part in Giles' car. That was so funny. And the part when he honked and at first I thought he was honking at them. lol
I love how sweet it is!!! Great job, Washi!

Btw, this is my first reply! haha.