The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: Re: Chapter 2: Rebuilding
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:02 am 
Oh, gosh, this was lovely. There's so much going on here and so many different emotions. I love the little looks back, giving us glimpses in what happened and the feelings the characters had while they went through those moments. It's so real you can feel it. :) Can't wait to see what happens next, and to learn more about these 'little headaches.' :D

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 7:19 am 
I really am enjoying the extensions you are giving to the events that we know. And that you are exploring the rest of the Scooby Gang's feelings on this as well because we were so cheated by what we saw onscreen. I especially liked this"
Quote:
They had sat in silence for a little while. Buffy had looked sideways at Tara, at her composure and concern. “I get it now,” she had said softly. “I really get it.”

Tara had turned her head, her forehead wrinkling. What?” she had asked.

“Why Willow needs you so much,” Buffy had said. Tara had looked down, twisted her fingers in her lap.

Autumn

-----------

It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 12:35 pm 
What Autumn said. ;)

Yes, see, the thing about this scene with Tara and Buffy is that we needed to see that at the time. Out of everyone, Tara was the one who offered solace, and Buffy needed to acknowledge that to her.

This is truly wonderful stuff. Very deep and soulful. Thank you. :)

----------
What kind of lesbians are you? You love men so much...go love men!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:05 pm 
I want to say What Autumn and Ruth said :D

Great update, I have real worries about them trying to bring back Glory, which is what I assume they are doing. After all when resurections occur people come back different. Anyway I can't wait to read the next part.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 5:53 pm 
Golly Tulipp, the way you write Willow's pain. I can actually feel it. And, this thing with Doc is very interesting. I have a thousand questions, but I think I'll wait and see how things play out in the next update.

Really wonderful!

She's my everything!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:22 pm 
Wow...loving this fic. I love the flashbacks too. Everything is so tender, so raw about the things are happening to Willow.

VmpIrslAr out.

"she's my everything."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:31 pm 
I like how your building the background with the flashbacks and I especially enjoyed the Buffy/Tara scene. I'm quite interested in Doc and his plans for resurrecting Glory, particularly as he was described as an expert on the subject so he knows that there is always a price. Could the price of bringing back a great evil be also returning someone good to the world?

--
"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. "   "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2002 6:40 pm 
Wonderful update!!

A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."

Tara: "Sassy Eggs."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 11:40 am 
Ah,yes...Just what I like to see - the story elements coming together to build a plot. (HeHe).

Seriously...Beautifully written still,and looking like fun to read...Eager for more...

vive,valeque.

Post subject: Chapter 2 Feedback
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:41 pm 
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback…it is such an important part of this process, and I appreciate the questions/ideas/responses. Specifically….

LeatherQueen: More about the little headaches are coming…but in spite of the title of the next chapter, it won’t all be explained just yet.

Autumn T: You’re right that we were cheated by what we saw on-screen with the rest of the Scoobies. I want to strike the right balance here between keeping the characters as we know them but also showing the pain that they must feel. When I look back at previous episodes (“research”), I’m often surprised by how much important stuff goes unsaid and really lives in the looks and touches that characters share.

Tommo: Thank you. It’s definitely there in the show to be untapped, but “solace” is something I particularly associate with your Tara in “Touchstone”: people turn to her and are calmed.

Puff: One question is who are the “they” who are trying to bring back Glory. The second is whether that’s what they’re doing. Oh, who am I kidding; of course that’s what they’re doing. Being new to the writing of suspense, I admit I struggle a little with that part of the plotting.

Tiggrscorpio: Questions are good…I don’t know what yours are yet, but I can promise you I’ll be raising even more questions before too many start to get answered.

VmplrslAr: Thanks. I think that no one feels more tender and raw about what’s happening to Willow than all of us. Except maybe Willow.

Darkmagicwillow: I am definitely still setting up background, and I see flashbacks as an important part of that. Your question about the price of bringing back a great evil is REALLY intriguing; you have got me thinking.

SlayerTazz: Thanks!

Emily First: There will be more, and a plot will be built. For me, Tara coming back is absolutely a given, so the plot can’t revolve around whether and when she’ll be back. She’ll be back soon, and her coming back (I sincerely hope) will drive the larger plot forward. At least, that’s the idea. You’ll have to let me know if it works.

Tulipp

Post subject: Re: Chapter 2 Feedback
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:23 pm 
Just got a chance to catch up and as everyone noticed the flashback to Tara and Buffy was extremly powerful... wow!

I also loved the rebuilding scene... and the reality coming to Willow that despite the anguish she will rebuild because it is what she does... very true and very profound

bravo

kathleen

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 9:38 am 
Another brilliant chapter. Agree that Buffy's flashback was especially poignant. Willow's struggle to "live" again, was very touching.

I presume that's Doc rustling around the building site. Interested to see what he has planned.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 1:47 pm 
Kathleen and Mollyig, good to see your replies! The Willow I see has deep reserves of strength that MUST kick in no matter how destroyed she is, and she knows this.

We've seen this before, I think, although on a much lesser scale. When Oz leaves in season 4 (the Wild at Heart time, not the NMR time), Willow has to pick up the pieces on her own because her friends have very little sympathy and patience with her. Compare this to the support Buffy gets over Parker...well, it just doesn't compare. Sadly, Willow is used to dealing on her own. But in this case, Dawn is really the one who steps up to the bat as no character on the show really has done for Willow before.

Anyway, I am doing a little magic ritual research (with books, not practice) and will be posting chapter 3 Tuesday after the OMWF rerun plays here.

Post subject: Chapter 3: Little Headaches.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:52 pm 
Title: Terra Firma Chapter 3.
Author: Tulipp
Email address: tulipp30@yahoo.com
Distribution: Please let me know.
Spoilers: Everything.
Rating: PG in this part.
Pairing: W/T in spirit and in flashbacks. Soon to be in the flesh.
Summary: Willow and Dawn return home. Glimpses of Dawn and Willow at the Coven. Doc prepares to bring “her” back.
Disclaimer: All characters, and various plot events that set up this story belong to Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, etc. I am borrowing them and making no money.
Acknowledgments: Thanks to Ruby for gentle and insightful beta reading, to J for plot advice. Also a nod here to Rally and TrueXena, whose videos inspire. You’ll see what I mean.

Previously: Set three months after “Grave.” Willow and Dawn have spent the summer at a coven in England, Willow trying to deal with her grief and Dawn suffering from strange headaches and visions of an unnamed “she” coming. Various people remembered good things about Tara and also the events after her death.

Terra Firma
Chapter 3: Little Headaches

“The point of vision and desire are the same.”
--Wallace Stevens, “An Ordinary Evening in New Haven”

From the hallway of the Summers’ house, Buffy saw Willow hesitate on the threshold of the front door. “Willow, come in,” she said. Willow stepped through the door, and then, she and Buffy both recognized the exchange for what it was. Their eyes locked for a brief, uneasy moment.

Xander following behind, missed it. “I really thought you guys would have more stuff,” he said lightly, setting the bags down on the hall floor. “Little broomsticks or maybe hats. You know, souvenirs.”

Willow stood still near the base of the stairs, her eyes traveling the territory of floor and wall, seeking out the familiar. And the new. She didn’t seem to hear him.

“There was a village, but no gift shop,” Dawn said. She, too, glanced around the hallway.

“Well, maybe it was better that way,” Xander said, standing up. “No temptation for y….”

“Right then, “Giles interrupted, frowning at Xander. “Willow and Dawn must be very tired after. . . .” His voice trailed off. Dawn had joined Willow, and they were both looking at a framed photograph that Buffy had hung in the entryway after they’d left.

It was Tara, seated at a table in the Magic Box. The open pages of several books were just visible on the table in front of her. Tara was looking up, at something or someone just outside the frame of the photo. Her lips were slightly open, as if she was about to speak. One braid fell forward, brushing her shoulder. Her blue eyes seemed to dance.

Willow lifted a hand and touched the image of Tara’s face. Her finger trailed down the glass, lingering. Buffy, leaning against the doorframe, watched her. Xander and Giles both looked away. The room was dead silent.

After a long moment, Willow seemed to rouse herself. She turned her back with effort. “That’s nice, Buffy,” she said quietly. Buffy hadn’t realized she was holding her breath until this moment, and she let it out with relief.

“I think,” Willow said. Her voice was low, and the others strained to hear her. “I need some sleep. But….” She glanced at the stairs, then away.

“Willow, you’re in Dawn’s room tonight,” Buffy stepped forward and touched Willow’s arm. “It’s already made up for you. Dawn and I are going to do the whole sister sleepover thing in my room.” She glanced at Dawn, who nodded. “Unless maybe you want to sleep over too?”

Willow exhaled. She reached for Buffy’s hand and squeezed it. “I think I just want to be alone tonight,” she said, her eyes darting to Xander, then Giles, then Dawn. “I’m sorry…I just….”

Giles took a hand out of his pocket and patted Willow’s shoulder. “We’re glad you’re back, Willow,” he said. “We’ll all be here tomorrow.” Willow swallowed but didn’t move.

Xander swung into action, scooping Willow’s bag off the floor. “I’ll carry your bag up, Will,” he said, gesturing toward the bag. “Settle you in?” Willow’s eyes flitted from Dawn to Xander. She nodded.

The others watched them go. Giles took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes with a tired hand. Buffy had thought the summer had been hard enough; she’d spent it grieving for Tara, her friend. But now she needed to help Willow grieve for Tara, her lover. The hard part was just beginning.

But Dawn was waiting, and Buffy turned to her sister. “So,” she said, “what’s with the matching outfits?”

“Dawn, tell me.” Buffy made room for her sister on the bed. “How are you, really?”

Dawn settled herself back against the pillows. “I’m okay, Buffy,” she said. “I miss Tara.” She plucked at the bedspread. “I can’t believe she’s gone. I mean, I know she is, but it’s like I can’t really believe it. I keep thinking that she’s just going to walk through the door.”

Buffy propped herself up on one elbow. “I know what you mean,” she said softly.

“It’s like when Mom died.” Dawn nodded.

“Yeah,” she said. “I miss Mom, too.”

Buffy scooted a little closer to Dawn. “Dawn, I’m proud of you,” she said. Dawn looked up, surprised. “You helped Willow. I know she’s still in a bad way, and I know it’s going to take time, but at least she’s…I don’t know…talking.”

Dawn bit her lip. “She cries every night,” she said softly. “Her room was right next to mine. And I think maybe she has bad dreams.”

Buffy nodded. “I know,” she said. For a moment, her eyes clouded over, and she seemed to Dawn to have gone away. Then she came back.

“So what was England like, anyway?” she asked.

Dawn thought.

England had been cool and green. For Dawn, it had also been sadness and confusion. And headaches. When she thought of it now—from the distance of a day and a flight—she remembered the landscape as the wrinkles of migraine, as the green-tinged white that seared her mind and brought with it noise. And voices.

They hadn’t begun right away, the headaches. Not until after Willow had dragged herself out of her week-long catatonia. In fact, when Dawn thought about it, she thought that in some weird way, the headaches had actually been a good thing. Not that she wanted to go through that blinding pain, but…had the headaches actually helped Willow? It had seemed so, the first time. . . .

Dawn didn’t remember exactly what she had been doing when Willow first crawled out of bed. She had been standing in the hallway, on her way to…or from…somewhere when the door to Willow’s room opened, and Willow…thin and gray faced…looked into the hallway and saw Dawn.

“Did…” Willow’s voice was hoarse from disuse. “Did you see someone?” Dawn looked around.

“Someone?” Dawn asked. “It’s just me out here.” Willow started to turn away, but she seemed uncertain. Tentative. And she looked…awful.

“Would you…maybe…want to take a bath?” Dawn suggested quickly. She didn’t want Willow to close herself up in her room again. “I could…get you some clean clothes. Maybe something to eat?” After a pause, Willow had nodded.

After Willow had bathed, and dressed, and accepted a few spoonfuls of soup, she let Dawn lead her outside, into the park. They had just walked, not together really, but near.

Dawn had stopped to tie her shoe, and while she knelt, Willow had wandered ahead. Dawn could see her when she looked up, receding; she was walking along the low stone wall that separated the park from the drive.

She’d glanced back at her shoe, and then her field of vision had gone white, and she had fallen to the ground, her hands flying to her ears, to block out the power drill pitch and the low mumbling roar.

“Dawn!” she had heard the shout from under the din, and she tried to focus on it.

When she opened her eyes, she was lying on her back on the grass, and Willow was kneeling next to her. Dawn’s first thought was relief that the noise had stopped. And her second was that there was, behind the grief that had shrouded Willow’s face for so many days, a spark of something. Concern. Worry. Life.

That had been the first headache, Dawn thought. And it had only been a little one.

“Dawn?” Willow had said again, laying her palm on Dawn’s forehead.

“Dawn,” Buffy said again. Dawn realized that she had spoken out loud. “What headaches?”

Chanting. The Followers were chanting. He had gathered them from alleys and underpasses, a surviving handful of hangers-on. But they were enough. And with his energy focused on the ritual at hand, he was able to calm them from the muddle of mice and insects and dark spaces in which they seemed trapped and to focus them on chanting. It was sensational, really, that these muddied minds could concentrate so completely on the necessary words. But the Followers’ minds had been made for chanting such as this. Literally. And it was music to his ears.

His own personal cabaret.

Doc smiled.

He had found the ritual almost by accident, after months of poring through the most ancient of Hell God worship texts. It was so short that he had nearly missed it, a few words scrawled in pale ink on the margin of a closely printed page.

And the concept was fairly simple, too. To make her essence incarnate at the point of its disappearance from this world. It required so little: attendants who had been near at the time her essence departed. Twelve hours of chanting. A bowl of milk. A circle of knots. A door. Oh, and of course blood.

If it worked, it would bring her back in the body that had housed her essence before it departed.

And he would be waiting.

Breakfast was eggs and toast and, for Willow, a murky orangish drink in a tall glass. She looked at it, surprised, when she entered the kitchen late the next morning. Buffy followed her glance.

“Dawn brought me the recipe,” she said. “She said it’s the only way to get any calories in you. Does it taste awful?”

“It’s okay,” Willow shrugged. “I’ve gotten used to it.”

“Drink up, Will,” Buffy said. “And then, if you’re up for it, we’ll meet Xander and Giles at the Magic Box. Did you see the flier?”

Dawn came into the kitchen then, pulling her hair back into a long ponytail. “Hey, Willow, look!” She pointed to her pink t-shirt. “Color!” Dawn looked pointedly at Willow’s own clothes, the same murky blue of the day before. “Don’t you want to wear something different to the Magic Box? I mean, you have a whole closet full of clothes upstairs.”

Willow looked up from her drink. “Do you think I should?”

Buffy put down her coffee cup. “I’ll get you something, Will,” she said quickly.

“No. It’s okay.” Willow pushed back her chair. “I have to…I have to go in there sometime.” She should do it now, before she changed her mind.

“Want me to come with you?” Dawn asked.

Willow shook her head. “I can do this,” she said uncertainly.

Buffy frowned. “Willow, we’ll be right here.”

Willow gathered her strength as she walked up the stairs. She tried to relax into a focusing technique that the Guides at the coven had taught her, a way of seeing memories as a collection of images. Like watching a music video, only without the music. It had helped her to avoid drowning in the waves of Tara that broke over her upon waking every morning. She could play the images in her mind at a distance and then sink into one memory, calming herself.

At the door to the room she hadn’t entered since…that day…she paused. She took a breath and turned the doorknob.

Standing. She was at least still standing. The room was bright with sun, and it was dusty; Willow could see the particles floating. She let her gaze travel around the room…over the armoire, the star-shaped mirror, the box of clothes still sitting on the chair by the window…and the bed. Her eyes rested there for a moment, halfway closed, as if she could keep from seeing the worst part of it. Then the wave started to crash toward her from the horizon, and she forced herself to break it down into a series of discrete images.

Tara combing her long blonde hair by the window.

Tara eating ice cream when she thought Willow was asleep.

Tara tossing pillows off the bed.

Tara choosing from a tangle of necklaces and then fastening one around Willow’s neck. Fingers on her collarbone, trailing, trembling.

Tara talking. This is the room. Brave.

Tara running a cool hand down Willow’s back.

Tara running a hot hand up Willow’s thigh. Breathing in and out.

Breathe, Willow thought. In and out.

It was too much, though, thinking about Tara this way, here, and Willow stepped backward and changed her mental tape. Now, the room looked different, shadowed.

A whispered word in front of the mirror.

A dried flower under the pillow.

The sound of Tara packing.

An empty dress.

An empty bed at night. Every night.

Night sweats.

Nightmares.

Night.

That was better. Punishment. She deserved to feel that. That feeling sustained her as she pulled open a dresser drawer and grabbed at a tangle of shirts. She pulled out a handful of fabric without looking at it, and then backed out of the room.

She turned around and leaned against the closed door, safe from the flood for a moment. She clutched the shirt to her chest. But the flashes of those empty months, those harder than hard days after her last visit to Rack, stayed with her. And reminded her. She still had to talk to everyone. Apologize. Atone. And she had to do it alone.

“Tara,” she whispered into the empty hallway. “Tara, I miss you.”

It was time.

The twelfth hour approached, the blood beaded, and the Followers chanted. The red rope that connected the Followers to one another was pulled taut as the Followers moved back, enlarging the circle. Doc inhaled. He felt the pressure building, the climax of all his preparations. He closed his eyes.

A shiver moved around the circle, a tremor passing through the rope from hand to hand. There was in the air a current, a portent. Time seemed to level, to spread thick around the Followers.

In the center of the circle, the bowl of milk fizzed and frothed, as if it were being whipped. As the ropes pulled tighter, as the chanting voices grew louder, the milk in the bowl spiraled. And then, as the Followers reached the stroke of the twelfth hour of their chanting, the milk churned and spewed out, splashing the wooden doorframe in the middle of the circle. The Followers all pulled back, dropping the rope. In a series of quick bursts around the circle, the knots released. There was a great gust of wind. Doc squeezed his eyes shut.

There was a wrinkle.

And then nothing.

Doc felt the surge of anticipation rush through him. He savored the moment. He was ready to welcome Glory through the doorway and back to this dimension. To witness her rejoining the earth at the very spot where she had left it. To see her essence embodied. To begin the second phase of his preparations.

A greeting ready on his lips, Doc opened his eyes.

But the circle was empty.

Across town, in the newly opened Magic Box, from the quiet corner into which she had sunk for a moment of peace from the swell of customers and the constant, unspoken comfort of her friends, Willow heard the sound of shattering glass. She turned in time to see Dawn drop to the ground, her hands over her ears, her eyes screwed shut.

Buffy turned, too, but Willow got to her first, gathered Dawn in her arms, smoothed her forehead. “Come on Dawnie,” she whispered. “Come on out.” Buffy knelt next to them. Willow could see Buffy’s fear and the alarm of the customers who hung back, watching. “It’s okay,” she said, to Buffy as much as to Dawn. “It’ll be over in a minute.”

And it was. With the touch of Willow’s hand on her forehead, Dawn began to calm. Her hands relaxed, and she opened her eyes. She was panting, but her face was no longer contorted in pain, and her eyes were alert and clear.

Buffy touched Dawn’s arm. “Dawn?” she said tentatively.

Dawn, still lying in Willow’s arms, turned her head to Buffy. “I think she’s here,” she said.

There was a wrinkle, a kind of sigh, and Tara opened her eyes.

She stood by the window, looking at the dim bedroom. That was strange; it had been so light just a few minutes ago…she must have lost track of time again. The hours since she had returned to Willow had blurred together nicely. She smiled.

Tara turned her head, expecting to see Willow, but the room was empty. She shivered and crossed her arms over her chest. She should be dressed, shouldn’t she?

But, of course, she was. Tara caught sight of herself in the mirror; she looked at the blue t-shirt she wore, the sleeves covering her arms, the hem resting an inch above the waistband of her cotton pants.

“Your shirt,” she said.

Why had she said that? And with the question, a tremor passed through her mind, a white-green flash. It didn’t hurt, exactly, but it made her feel a little dizzy. Tara touched a hand to her temple. “My head,” she said.

To be continued in Chapter 4, “In the Flesh.”

Edited by: Tulipp at: 8/5/02 5:47:15 am

Post subject: Re: Chapter 3: Little Headaches.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:10 pm 
Oh wow! That was awesome!! :) There's so much going on in this chapter and that ending... :grin Loved it!

--------------------------------

"But when they're playing your song on the jukebox in Hell, you might as well dance." - K. Simpson

"Futile... like a FOX, baby!" - Tara in The Late Shift by wiccachica

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 10:46 pm 
Intriguing story, beautifully written.

Looking forward to the next part.

Jayne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:06 pm 
Yay! Tara's back!

I like your portrayal of Doc and hope to see more of him. He had a lot of potential, being much more interesting than Glory IMO, but was severely underused on the show.

I wonder where Doc's going to look next for his missing Hellgod and I'm wondering which "she" Dawn is referring to. I can see Dawn being tied closely enough to Glory to feel her arrival hard and she turned to Buffy not Willow to announce the arrival. The more I think about it the more worried I am about Tara being the human half of Glory like Ben was. Now I'm feeling worried...I knew speculation was dangerous!

--
"Omnia mutantur, nihil interit. "   "Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2002 11:15 pm 
Wow that was just amazing, I totally loved this part and I can't wait to read what happens next.

-----------------------
You know, it's a real deal relationship and that's why people can relate to it
Amber Benson

Post subject: Re: Fic: Terra Firma
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 12:39 am 
Completely loving this story - so descriptive and lyrical!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:13 am 
OK, I'm gonna gush. I just adore your writing style. I sit and read with a lump in my throat because you capture and the characters and the pain so well. Your words and the way they paint the memories and feelings are just fabulous. Thank you for sharing this with us. It's really top notch.

Autumn

-----------

It grated, like something forced in where it doesn't belong.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 6:23 am 
All right, so I don't think I told you how much I'm enjoying this. Your writing is so...potent, so real, so compelling. You get into Willow's head so well and I like what you're doing with Dawn also. Plus the curiousness with Doc. Looking forward to more.

Edited to questioin: Is curiousness an actual word?

-----------------
Oh, trusty soda machine. I push you for root beer, you give me coke.

Edited by: Thanatopsis at: 7/2/02 10:25:03 pm

Post subject: Re: Fic: Terra Firma
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:02 am 
awesome update!!

A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."

Tara: "Sassy Eggs."

Post subject: Great Fic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 7:54 am 
ARGHHHHH!!!!! I hate it when stories end all cliffhangery. =) This is turning out too be a fantastic fic. Please update soon. Pretty please!

Post subject: Re: Great Fic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 9:04 am 
The image of Willow's grief pounding at her like waves was really powerful. Its a testament to her strength that she is able to focus, and redirect her grief to that of loving memories. Also indicative of her self loathing that she changes the memories to those that will punish her. Poor Willow the empathy we feel for her, because of your wonderful writing, is overwhelming.

Doc is going to be quite upset that his little Glory welcoming party will have to be cancelled. Nice twist.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:09 am 
NOOOO you can't stop an update with something like that!!!! It's cruel and torture for us! ;)

I am seriously loving this fic btw :D

----------------------

'I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad..it's depressing' - Tara

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 3:23 pm 
just got caught up, this is a very interesting and cool story :)

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!

Worm, are you ready to die in the cleansing apocalypse?

Its not my fault that you're a little geek with no sense of humor

Post subject: Feedback on Chapter 3, "Little Headaches"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:34 pm 
Thank you all for reading this, and I hope you will keep reading as I post new chapters. Can I say that so far it’s been therapeutic to write this?

Muttley: Thanks!

darkmagicwillow: I’m still trying to figure Doc out, myself. We didn’t see much of him on the show. I’m curious to know what you think motivates him. I have my own ideas, of course, but beyond being “bookish” and a demony guy, what’s his story? As for Ben, I hope I’m not ruining anyone’s suspense here if I say that your idea hadn’t actually occurred to me. So don’t worry….about that, anyway.

LeatherQueen: Thanks! There are a lot balls in the air at the moment, but I plan to throw a whole bunch more in there as I go….I’m just getting started.

Puff: Yay! Thanks.

Benet1019: Thank you. I am trying to strike a balance between dialogue and description. So much of what defines the characters from the TV show is visual, and it’s hard to capture that in writing. But that’s the fun of it, too, for me.

Autumn T: Thank you so much. Lumps in the throat are good. Well, not so good, but good in a certain way. I’m now getting a lump in my throat just writing about happy I am that you got a lump in your throat. Well, not happy, but happy in a certain way.

Thanatopsis: Thank you. Getting inside Tara’s head is next, isn’t it? BTW, I looked up “curiousness” in the online OED and it IS a word! But it seems to be slightly different from “curiosity.” But I’m having a hard time figuring out exactly how. Curious.

SlayerTazz: Thank you for reading.

Spottie Dottie: But it was a HAPPY cliffhanger! More of those in store….sorry!

Mollyig: The way you mentioned the image of the waves makes me think about this in a new way…I’m thinking that in addition to the grief, the leftover aspects (if there are any….hmmm) of Willow’s DMW experience might involve a tendency toward sensory overload….When she was in that dark magic place, the line between her thoughts and what she experienced or could make happen got blurry. Does that make sense? As you can see, I have so much sympathy for Willow: she has so many scars right now.

Little M: But I did! Anyway, it’s a nice pleasant torture, right?

Grimaldi: Thanks for tuning in. Please keep reading!

Thanks everybody!

Post subject: Feedback on Chapter 3, "Little Headaches"
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 5:47 pm 
Oooh, Tulipp - wonderful story.

As others have said, I love the flashbacks. Erm, not that they've said that >I< love the flashbacks, but that >they< love the flashbacks, and I just wanted to say that I love the flashbacks, too *G*

Anyway, this is an incredibly intriguing story - I really like how Doc and Glory are somehow playing a part - and I can't wait to find out why Doc's ritual brought Tara back instead of Glory.

-Sass

Post subject: Doc
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 8:07 pm 
He always seemed very sly, like he had hidden reasons for what he did. You can't tell what really motivates him, but I don't think he was helping Glory for her sake. He was getting something else out of it which we never discovered. I also wondered if he was originally a demon, or whether he was a human who became a demon through messing with the wrong dark magics, either purposefully to live longer or be more powerful or accidentally.

He also seemed to have an evil sense of humor with the knife trick, letting Xander and Spike think that they killed him, and helping Dawn with Joyce's resurrection when he knew that it would turn out badly. I think it's a combination of his nice and scholarly demeanor, wicked yet subtle sense of humor, and that sense of mystery that make him so interesting as a villain.

I understand what you mean about the writing been therapeutic. I've also found it addictive, wanting to hurry up and see what happens next in my own story. Even though I have my outline in front of me, it doesn't have all the details and feelings that the finishing chapters do.

--

Post subject: Doc and Chapter 3 Feedback
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2002 10:09 pm 
Sass: thanks so much. At first I thought the flashbacks would be a temporary element—a way to show Tara in her absence. But, you know, with T. back there is still a need for flashbacks. A lot has happened between season 6 ending and this story starting. And characters we know and love have pasts that we have only barely glimpsed and that have a part to play. And not just Doc and Glory. Thanks! The encouragement of a master saga-writer means a lot!

Darkmagicwillow: Yes! I agree about hidden reasons, and I don’t buy him as the selfless worship type. I’m VERY intrigued by your idea about a link between his demonity (?) and his dark magic use. And the humor. You have given me a lot to think about today. FYI, my next stop on Pens is Willow: Warrior Wiccan…I knew you had one on the board, but I just hadn’t made it there yet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next