The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
 Post subject: Re: Paths Diverged/Divulged
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:29 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Funny you should mention Hellebore...I'm rereading that one right now. LOL And I have Waiting for Dani on ereader. ;-)

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow what an amazing story!!! I read it at work during breaks but if i had read it at home i would have laughed and cried and be shocked and amazed out loud. What a great story, i loved your details and how you worte the depth of everyone's emotions and the slight differences between everyone. The only thing i would have liked to have read was a response from the gang in Willow's original universe.
Again you should really write books!!!

R.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:01 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Renatecs - thanks so much. This one has been done so long that it totally lights up my day when I get that note from the administrator that there is a reply. So you lit up my day with that note and then with your comments. I really appreciate it. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:56 am 
3. Flaming O

Well what can i say but that the credit is all yours.. i really love your stories and will keep a lookout for more of them!
R.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:25 am 
3. Flaming O

Hi Debra,

Just wanted drop by and say that I loved these two stories very much. I can't say which one is better because I like them both very much but for a little different reasons. You've created so many lovely characters (even two versions of them!) and the storyline is awesome.

I guess Waiting For Dani is next on my 'to read' list.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:44 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Renatecs – Thanks so much.

PolarBear – Well thanks so much for leaving a note. I’m glad you liked them both and liked them together.

Quote:
I guess Waiting For Dani is next on my 'to read' list.
Well, I can’t wait to hear what you think. That’s my personal favorite of all my stories.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:33 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

this is one of the most beautiful fics that I ever read in my whole life... thanks so much for that...

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:03 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Nue - You're welcome and thanks for posting. I assume you read the prequel? Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 7:30 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

I read all your fics! And I´m a big fan of your work! totally hoping for more!

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:29 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Nue - Thanks. I posted a short item over in the holiday challenge. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow. :bow

In the beginning of reading this story, I was thinking "How dare she..." :angry but than things started picking up. I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed Tara. Well obviously I liked Tara, but I mean I like Willow's second love Tara. (I never really liked referring to her as Tara 2, because to me she was Tara.) At times I was confused because of the alternate worlds and the similarities and differences, but I think that's what added to the whole story as a whole.

So what was there to like? It had everything! Sadness, love, happiness, some gay lovin ;), but most of all it had a happy ending. And in a world full of heart break, confusion and pain, what else do we really need?

In conclusion to this rant of me telling you how amazing, wonderful, and extraordinary you are thank you. Really thank you for posting this brilliant piece of art. Well I am off to find the next wonderful story you've written.

Sincerely
Lina

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:01 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Lina – Hey there. You’re working your way through my stories which is totally cool and totally exciting to me. Plus which, you’re bumping them to the top of the completed fics archive which is also quite cool.

Quote:
In the beginning of reading this story, I was thinking "How dare she..."
I totally get that and got some flak at the time but I think everyone who stuck with it liked how it turned out.

Quote:
I have to admit, I thoroughly enjoyed Tara. Well obviously I liked Tara, but I mean I like Willow's second love Tara. (I never really liked referring to her as Tara 2, because to me she was Tara.)
Yeah I get that. I always thought of her as Tara Too because she wasn’t second, just different. The alternate worlds/dimensions stuff is a little confusing but I just tried to stick with the idea that they lived in the wishverse.

Quote:
So what was there to like? It had everything! Sadness, love, happiness, some gay lovin , but most of all it had a happy ending. And in a world full of heart break, confusion and pain, what else do we really need?
Thanks.

Quote:
In conclusion to this rant of me telling you how amazing, wonderful, and extraordinary you are thank you. Really thank you for posting this brilliant piece of art.
Thanks again. I’m glad you enjoyed it so much.

Quote:
Well I am off to find the next wonderful story you've written.
Well, enjoy. For my recommendations – if you want light go with Survivor: Ash Island or School Days. If you want heavier go with Waiting for Dani.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

hi Debra

I loved this story!

I read Y'all a few years back but I must have missed this one I'm glad I found it though (even if 6 years Late!)

At the beginning of this story I wasn't to sure about because I didn't like how selfish Willow was being but I warmed up to it as soon as i realized that Willow was falling for this Tara and not just replacing hers.

It brought a tear to my eye when I read about Scooby in the epilogue you did such a good job of making all the characters seem real.

I loved how you manged to keep all of us updated on the birth of son through the fic (Congratulations (again late))

Thank you so much for writing this fic, I cant wait to read all the other stories you have written.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:38 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Paths
amber addict - Hi and Thanks. Yes, that's a long gap between Y'all and Paths. I guess it gives you a chance to reset between them. I agree that Willow was being selfish or at least seemed that way. I'm glad that you warmed up to it.

And I'm glad that you enjoyed hearding about Ash. He's now 5 1/2 and my daughter is 1 1/2. When I reread my stories, I get to relive them through announcing the pregnancies, the births, walking, talking, and so much more.

Well again thanks. Please let me know what you think of the others.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:36 am 
5. Willowhand

Sorry this took me so long to read. Life can be hectic.

First off, When I started this, I was not happy. I didn't like that Willow went looking for a different Tara, but then I came to love the new Tara as much as the old.

I must add that the entire time I was reading this, I was hoping that Giles, Buffy, Dawn, and Xander would show up to see Willow, but that would have just ruined the sacrifice and letting go that Willow had to go through to accept her new life.

Finally, I love it! This story was truly amazing and kept me coming back. You have a great talent and thank you for sharing it with us.

<3

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:08 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

fhiwda - Ok. First stupid question. Is your username the first keys your fingers hit when you were entering a name? If not, sorry for insulting your name or anything... Ok, maybe I shouldn't have asked that.

Anyway, thanks for commenting. I totally hear what you're saying about the idiocy of Willow thinking she could replace Tara with a new Tara. Not a good idea and pretty offensive. Yet...

I'm glad you like it though even if her friends never showed up.

Thanks again.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:31 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Just fyi Deb. fhiwda=for her I will do anything. E is my bestest friend in the world. So I can truly answer this question. She wouldn't be offended anyway she'd laugh.

writerfreak :flower

Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:38 pm 
5. Willowhand

Amanda...I was going to tell her that was my real name and that i was from Africa...way to ruin it! lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:46 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Amanda - That's so sweet. Not by any chance the E I just saw tagged in your photo album over on FB?

fhiwda - LOL.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:52 pm 
5. Willowhand

Yeah...same E

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:20 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

I just read through all of Y'all and Paths in a little over a month and boy was it a ride! I loved just about all of it but I won't go into detail because I'm sure you've heard it all before. Just wanted you to know that even years later people are still reading it. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:34 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

LastHonestLook - Great name. What's it from? I'm glad you enjoyed both stories. There are many great stories on the board, both mine and others's. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:56 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

It's a Tegan and Sara lyric.

I just started Hellebore. Y'all kept talking about it so I figured I'd give it a shot and so far I like it a lot. I'm not sure what I'll read next but it's pretty exciting to find new stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:38 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Hey Debra!

As we know from prior conversations, I've been poking around the archives and I just read Y'All & Paths. Honestly I'm not sure which one I liked best - no that's not completely true. I have to say I liked the sequel better. Both stories are great, but in the sequel you kind of get a reformed Willow. She's learned from the mistakes (hiding, lying by omission, and her need to control) to actually be in the moment. It's like she can shed some of that by being in a reality that doesn't know her as a "cool monster fighter".

Similarly, the same can be said for Tara. Her accident put her through an awful lot, and while she had body issues it didn't diminish her personality. She was stronger and don't just mean physically or magically it seemed to make her more comfortable in her skin. The bleed through from one Tara to the other was interesting too. She was for all intents and purposes Tara with slight alterations. The dream, the children, the nightmares, her art reflecting what she was dreaming but what they were living... good stuff.

There's just so many things I can say here - like how you managed to work either the first and/or last name of almost every actor on the show into the story - that killed me! Along with writing you and your wife into the second half was too funny and had to be a kick to do.

Ok, I'll quit rambling. Very good read. :)-

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:55 pm 
2. Floating Rose

Hi Debra, this last week i'd been completely mesmerized with 3 y'all and this sequel, (i'm from a little town in Chiapas, México, were you learned to use a computer just in college and Buffy was never aired in local chanels, so i discover BTVS s1 in2001, W/T relationship in 2003, and fanfictions about it just last year, i'm a fan, but a really late one)... and there is so much that pops in my head about this 2 wonderful stories, so many warm, fuzzy, also angsty feelings tingling inside me, but then i just realized how really late i am to point out anything that has not been already point out, or to praised your beautiful work in an original way, so i wont (also my english sucks, cause i think in spanish grammar :P...), i just wanna thank you for the marvelous evenings you and your stories had give me, so thanks, good luck, and my best wishes for you and your family. \m/-___-\m/

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

LastHonestLook – Wow. You posted this a long time ago and I’ve never responded. I’m so sorry and chagrinned. I’m glad you like Hellebore. I actually just reread it last month.

Heather – I hope I haven’t missed this for a long time but obviously I have. I’m so sorry for that. I agree with you and I like the sequel better as well. Yes, Willow is reformed and matured and Tara is much more mature. She’s gone through fire and learned so much about herself.

Quote:
She was for all intents and purposes Tara with slight alterations. The dream, the children, the nightmares, her art reflecting what she was dreaming but what they were living... good stuff.
Well said.

Thanks so much for your comments.

Rauko – Hi there. For some reason I’m not getting notes when someone posts in this thread. Maybe if I reclick that box I will start now. Welcome to BtVS, W/T, and the wonderful world of Fan Fic. You are in for such a treat if you’re reading through the archives. Thank you so much for your comments and praise.

And your English is lovely!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:48 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey again
I'm not stalking you honest lol. Just finished reading this in record time I think I just couldn't put it down! At first I was very upset to be brought back to that bad place where Tara dies then I was like what a brilliant idea to bring that Tara to her dimension. Then when I thought about it I thought how unfair it was to rip her from all of that just so Willow could have her happy ending in her dimension. Then that's what you wrote so all good. Loved the ending just can't help thinking it would have been nice to read the scene where Buffy and Michelle/Eliza receive their letters but that's just my imagination working overtime!
Anyway it was a great ending to a truly eventful, heartwarming and beautifully written story.

Lets see....what's next in your bag of tricks?

Kind regards
Kim

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:02 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Kim,
I'm glad you enjoyed it and that you fel t that upset. Yes, it would be wrong for Willow to take Tara from a place she was happy. Willow had to realize that she had to love the person she found for herself and to make the choice to stay. I'm glad that she did and that it worked out.

Thanks for reading and commenting.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:13 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Really really beautiful...
Thank you for your wonderful stories :)

Enviado desde mi SM-J111M mediante Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:15 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Wow. I was so stoked to get a reply to this. I'm so happy that you enjoyed it. Please enjoy my other stories and those of the other wonderful writers here.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 991 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next