The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (11/04/12)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:55 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
“Again, Willow? Is there one day this week you haven’t spent with Tara?”

Willow sprayed herself with some body spray to freshen up, then sat on her bed to contemplate the question.

“No,” she answered finally, a smile coming to her face at the fact, “No I haven’t.”

Happy smiley faces only come from being with Tara :)

She wanted to ask. There had even been occasions when she almost had, times when she was almost sure she felt a reciprocation of her feelings from Tara, but something blocked her each time. She didn't think she could cope if she was rejected.

I feel your pain Willow, I second your emotion.

I know that Tara doesn't have many friends at college but there must be someone she talks to or confides in.

“Hi, can I get a delivery please? BC campus. Yeah, can I get...”

BC campus, hmm it couldn't stand for Before Confidential could it lol

I love WIllow giving herself a mental talking to, to get all the 'crazy' talk out of her head before she meets Tara.

Willow intellectually understood what Tara was saying to her and could see how the action was performed but when her brain send the signals down to her fingers, they somehow interpreted it as ‘toss the chopsticks in the air and make one hit your pretty friend in the forehead’.

Chopsticks the worst form of torture ever devised by man.

Was her plan working? Had setting things up like a date prompted Tara to be a bit more apparent with possible feelings? She wasn’t sure. She couldn’t tell. But she did know that Tara's lips were definitely closer to hers than they had been three seconds ago. Much closer. And they were getting even closer still. She licked her own lips in response and felt her eyes flutter closed. It was coming. Tara's lips were coming towards hers. They would be on hers any second...

Until loud shouts from a few feet away from them made both girls spring apart in shock and surprise.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and they were so close too. Why Laragh why? :(

At least the almost-but-not-quite-kiss, boo that sucks, is being made up for with the constellations.

Well that was an upsetting last part ot the chapter with Willow just finding out that Tara lived in the same dorm, then each girl believing the other only wants to be friends. You'd better get them in the swan boat soon or I'm just gonna cry. :(

Still at least I know the outcome so that makes me happy and I'm still reading Hacker, the girls have just landed in gay paree where only the river is Seine lol. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:43 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hmm. Ok. Why do both girls have such low beliefs about themselves that they don't believe the other is interested? I don't really get that. I mean they enjoy spending time together, are cute, laugh together, are out, are single. Why does each of them think the other isn't interested? I hope that doesn't last long.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:57 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Great update. Becky is just being a good friend worrying about Willow and her feelings toward Tara. I loved Willow's internal babble before she met with Tara. Sharing silly things like how they view the star constellations is, I think, helping bring them closer together.
Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:17 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
Willow sprayed herself with some body spray to freshen up,

We will get to the part of the story where they both smell like Willow pretty soon, right?
Quote:
Willow opened up about her ‘geek-infested roots’ and how it had caused her some hassle in high school.

Ain't that the truth, Willow. I immersed myself in reading science-fiction and fantasy and was a child of the video revolution so i watched all the grisly video nasties which weren't banned in the U.S. like they were in Britain.
Quote:
spending a long while in complete silence, just content with each other.

Staring for long periods of time at the other until they were busted.
Quote:
because it was the first time they'd arranged to meet 'after dark'.

Meeting after dark takes on a whole different connotation because there can be touching and grazing skin and you can say "I'm sorry it's dark, i didn't mean to stroke your boob again since their was no coffee spillage this time.."
Quote:
“I really like your top.”

And I really like Tara's bottom.
The jokes about using chopsticks just write themselves so that will not be the obligatory penis joke this chapter.
Quote:
“Huh. I forgot it was Valentine’s day. Explains why I saw quite so many couples on my way here.”

Cue Elvis Costello's cover of "My Funny Valentine."
Quote:
“This can’t be your room...109 can’t be your room...because my room is 209.

Coincidence always lends itself well to narrative progression, i have found.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:55 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Hi guys, update is going to be a little late! I'll have it up as soon as I can :)

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:10 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Hope you're ok.

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

Buffy: Hi. Willow right?
Willow: Why? I mean hi. Did you want me to move?
First sign of adorable Willow "Welcome to the Hellmouth"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:19 am 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 6
I hope it is nothing severe, get well soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:33 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh bother, as Winnie the Pooh says.
I hope you get a nurse named Tara to give you a sponge bath. :wtkiss :flower :bigwave

Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (04/18/12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:13 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Love this! Perfect Willow.

Hehe, glad it came across well :)

Quote:
I can totally relate. As a guy, this puts me at a disadvantage.

I can imagine

Quote:
Loved the 'pseudo-date.'

Willow had to do something!

Quote:
I completely sympathize with Willow's bad hand-eye coordination.

As do I, although I have gotten the chopsticks thing down.

Quote:
An almost-kiss is usually worse than no kiss at all because both people doubt the other's feelings.

Definitely! Doubt never leads to good things!

Quote:
Loved Tara's question. Maybe Willow subconsciously knows about the badness of ep. 109 'Smashed.' Either that or she has a strong fear of puppets.

Ha! This world is way too far outside of canon for that to be true :P

Quote:
Poor Tara

Don't worry, she'll feel better soon!!

Thanks for commenting!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
I loved the pseudo-date and Willow's total lack of chopstick handling skills...

:)

Quote:
I really hope that they quite soon, preferably by accident, learn that they both have more than friendly feelings towards eachother... I hope Tara very soon makes her room very Willow-friendly, a relaxed Willow might accidentally reveal her more than friedly feeling for Tara. Tara really needs to know about Willow's more than friendly feelings so she can look with hope not despair towards the ceiling...

Anyone who’s read Hacker already knows how they ‘discover’ those feelings :wink

Quote:
Can't wait for Becky meeting Tara for the first time...

That’s coming up soon-ish!

Thanks for your comment!

willowtaralover

Quote:
Happy smiley faces only come from being with Tara

Most definitely!

Quote:
I feel your pain Willow, I second your emotion.

And I third it!

Quote:
I know that Tara doesn't have many friends at college but there must be someone she talks to or confides in.

She really doesn’t. She’s said herself she doesn’t leave her room much apart to go to class. She’s grown up isolated so it’s normal for her.

Quote:
BC campus, hmm it couldn't stand for Before Confidential could it lol

Haha! I like it.

Quote:
I love WIllow giving herself a mental talking to, to get all the 'crazy' talk out of her head before she meets Tara.

Sometimes you have to be strict with yourself!

Quote:
Chopsticks the worst form of torture ever devised by man.

I love ‘em personally but I know people have a lot of trouble with it…case in point!

Quote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, and they were so close too. Why Laragh why? :(

‘Cause I’m cruel

Quote:
At least the almost-but-not-quite-kiss, boo that sucks, is being made up for with the constellations.

I had to give them a few minutes of happiness when I was about to tear it apart!

Quote:
Well that was an upsetting last part ot the chapter with Willow just finding out that Tara lived in the same dorm, then each girl believing the other only wants to be friends. You'd better get them in the swan boat soon or I'm just gonna cry. :(

Swan boat is a’coming!

Quote:
Still at least I know the outcome so that makes me happy and I'm still reading Hacker, the girls have just landed in gay paree where only the river is Seine lol.

Haha! Hope you’re enjoying it :)

Thanks for commenting :)

JustSkipIt

Quote:
Hmm. Ok. Why do both girls have such low beliefs about themselves that they don't believe the other is interested? I don't really get that. I mean they enjoy spending time together, are cute, laugh together, are out, are single. Why does each of them think the other isn't interested?

Well maybe my own experiences are clouding this a bit, but I’ve never found it to be that easy. There’s always the idea that you’re reading into something that the other person isn’t. They’re not fancy-free singles who are used to mingling, and they both have a history of low self-esteem. It’s a really big deal for them both, and its unchartered territory. I honestly believe for a lot of people, the default assumption in this situation would be to think the other is uninterested, circumstance has little to do with it, it’s confidence and experience, and both of them don’t have much of either outwardly.

Quote:
I hope that doesn't last long.

It won’t last long :)

Thanks for the feedback!

love_2003

Quote:
Great update. Becky is just being a good friend worrying about Willow and her feelings toward Tara.

Becky does try, although she’ll have a few shortcomings revealed soon.

Quote:
I loved Willow's internal babble before she met with Tara. Sharing silly things like how they view the star constellations is, I think, helping bring them closer together.

I’m glad you enjoyed it! It’s definitely bringing them together :)

taralicious

Quote:
We will get to the part of the story where they both smell like Willow pretty soon, right?

Calm down, man, this a love story too :P

Quote:
Ain't that the truth, Willow. I immersed myself in reading science-fiction and fantasy and was a child of the video revolution so i watched all the grisly video nasties which weren't banned in the U.S. like they were in Britain.

I did similar!

Quote:
Staring for long periods of time at the other until they were busted.

Yup, yup!

Quote:
Meeting after dark takes on a whole different connotation because there can be touching and grazing skin and you can say "I'm sorry it's dark, i didn't mean to stroke your boob again since their was no coffee spillage this time.."

Ha. Anything goes in the dark!

Quote:
And I really like Tara's bottom.
The jokes about using chopsticks just write themselves so that will not be the obligatory penis joke this chapter.

Aww :(

I appreciate your dedication to quality though.

Quote:
Cue Elvis Costello's cover of "My Funny Valentine."

That would’ve been a little cruel

Quote:
Coincidence always lends itself well to narrative progression, i have found.

I’m basterdizing a quote I heard somewhere that ‘coincidences to get your character in trouble are great, councidences to get them out of it are cheating.’ I personally use a mix a both, but hey, I’m not trying to write some Pulitzer prize winning stuff here, so I think I can be a bit lenient with the rules.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:15 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: College Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: The first part of the prequel to Hacker Confidential and Family Confidential - the college years!

SPOILERS: Perhaps minor references to the show or stealage of dialogue, but nothing that would spoil the series.

Chapter 4

“You doing anything tonight?”

Willow didn't look up from where her head was buried in a book at her desk.

“Studying. I have a big test tomorrow.”

Becky stood behind her, arms crossed loosely over her chest.

“You’re not...seeing Tara or anything?”

Willow visibly stiffened but made no movement to look away.

“No.”

Becky dropped down to sit on the end of Willow's bed, exasperated. She knew something had happened, some drama had occurred, because Willow had been a sourpuss for more than a week now, but refused to talk about it.

“You haven’t seen her in over a week now,” she ventured after a moment, “Not since Valentine’s night.”

“I have the ability to count small numbers, Becky,” Willow replied in annoyance, “I know how many days it’s been. You were the one who said I shouldn’t spend all my time with her anyway! That I’d just end up getting hurt!”

Becky grabbed the back of the swivel-y chair her roommate was sitting on and spun it around so they were facing each other.

“I think that might have already happened.”

Willow’s eyes dropped.

Being someone who worked in extremes, she’d gone from trying to spend every spare minute with Tara before Valentine’s Day to avoiding her like the plague after. Her mind had processed the evening’s events, from the almost-kiss that she was sure hadn’t actually happened, to Tara’s repetitive use of the word ‘friend’ and had finally come to the conclusion that there was no way her romantic feelings were reciprocated.

The possibility that she’d been clinging was effectively gone in her mind and that didn’t sit well with her.

She’s caught a glimpse of Tara across campus the day after Valentine's and the palpable ache in her chest had hurt so much that she didn’t think she could bear it if she actually had to try and hold a conversation. So she hadn’t made an effort to make any contact, even going so far as using the back entrance to the dorms so there was no way they could accidentally run into each other there.

“Yeah, well, she pretty much confirmed she just wants to be friends. And she hasn’t tried to see me either,” she said eventually, her eyes tinged with hurt, “She knows which number we live in. Directly above her.”

“You told me she's really shy?” Becky offered in explanation, “Maybe she didn’t feel she could just pop by unannounced, you know?”

Willow considered that.

“I did say that I’d call down to her. I never mentioned her calling up to me,” she mused before her eyes went wide “Oh god, you don’t think she thinks I don’t want to be friends anymore or anything, do you?!”

Becky threw her hands in the air.

“Willow, you’ve basically abandoned her for a week.”

Willow dropped her head into her hands and groaned. She’d been so consumed by her own self-pity she hadn’t stopped to think how her sudden disappearance might seem to Tara. She was avoiding the pain of having to see her temporarily, sure, but the thought that she could never see her ever again – that made her heart shatter into a million pieces.

“What happened?” Becky prompted, relieved to have gotten a response other than 'I don't want to talk about it'.

“She just...she wants to be friends. And I threw that back in her face,” Willow replied with a self-deprecating shake of her head, “I need to go see her. Apologise. Hope she doesn't slam the door in my face.”

Becky offered a comforting shoulder squeeze.

“I'm sure she'll understand. We all have mid-terms.”

Willow nodded towards her lap, then looked up, eyes vulnerable.

“How do I...how do I make it not hurt when I see her?”

Becky gave her an apologetic smile.

“I wish I could tell you.”

Willow closed her eyes for a moment to compose herself before letting out a shaky breath.

“Okay. Okay,” she nodded, then swallowed, “I'll just...deal. I'll just have to deal.”

“You’ll get over this eventually,” Becky replied, trying to be kind, “It won’t hurt forever.”

Willow pulled back and gave an appreciative but sad smile.

“I don’t think that’s true,” she said before looking away and grabbing her keys, “Thanks for slapping a little sense into me. I’ll be back in a bit. Still have a few chapters to cover.”

“Good luck,” Becky replied with a wave.

Willow slipped out the door and turned right to walk down the staircase. She hovered at the bottom for a moment before continuing down the hallway to Tara's dorm, taking a deep breath and quickly knocking while she still had the courage.

She waited tensely for the few seconds it took for the door to open.

“Willow!” Tara greeted, her face instantly brightening when she saw who it was, “H-Hi!”

“Hey, Tara,” Willow replied, taking in her friend’s angelic features before gesturing forwards with her hand, “Can I come in?”

“Of course,” Tara replied eagerly, stepping aside to let her in, delighted to see her after so many days of not.

Willow heard the door being closed and turned to face Tara.

“I have to apologise. I’ve been crazy busy with midterms and stuff,” she said, thinking it wasn’t really a lie. Hyperbole maybe, but not a lie, “I’ve been in the library first thing in the morning to last thing at night and I didn’t want to come knocking at bad times. And, um, we never exchanged cell phone numbers so I couldn’t call.”

Tara was flooded with relief that she hadn't done something to turn Willow away. She'd been starting to think their friendship had been dissolved without her knowing and would be lying if she said she hadn't shed a few tears over it.

“It's okay,” she replied, toying with her own hands in front of her, “I thought you didn't want to be friends anymore.”

Willow felt her heart break that she'd made Tara think that.

“God, Tara, no. I definitely want to...be friends. Can I get your number now?”

Tara looked down, her cheeks reddening.

“I um, I don’t have a cell phone.”

Willow saw Tara shuffle uncomfortably and figured the lack of a cell phone was probably down to finances. She knew Tara was in the same boat as her with her scholarship, but didn't have the backlog of savings from parental guilt money that she did. She guessed Tara probably lived on just the small ‘living expenses’ stipend she received, which wasn’t much, Willow knew.

“Sometimes I wish I didn’t have a cell phone,” she said after a moment in a light tone, “It means you never get drunk calls from your roommate. Not that you have a roommate but you know what I mean.”

Tara nodded, though still looked embarrassed.

“So, yeah,” Willow continued a few seconds later, “I’m really sorry I’ve basically just been invisible-girl. Sometimes I get...engrossed it things and people need to kick me out of it.”

Tara gave a little nod, just relieved they were conversing again. She didn't want Willow to feel guilty; she hadn't made the effort to get in touch either - though she had thought about it. But the offer to call on Willow hadn't been extended to her, so she couldn't quite bring herself to do it.

“It’s okay,” she replied forgivingly, “Exams are important. I finished mine yesterday.”

Willow nodded before looking regretful.

“Yeah. I actually have a really big exam tomorrow so I kind of have to go again...I just wanted to come down and check in. You know, make sure you were okay. Maybe...organise some time to meet up? At the weekend?”

Tara seemed eager.

“Sure. Anytime.”

“Great,” Willow replied with a bright smile, relieved that she had been well-received, “Um, how do you feel about maybe getting off campus? Have you ever been down to the Public Gardens? We’d have to get the T ‘cause it’s kinda far, but it’d be fun.”

“I love the Gardens,” Tara smiled that smile that Willow had to look away from lest it melt her heart, “I’m definitely in.”

Willow wiped her hands against her pants to remove the nervous sweat that had formed there but was still smiling.

“Cool. I’ll call down to you again before the weekend and organise a time. I, um...I better go.”

“I have a dorm phone,” Tara interjected suddenly, before a light flush rose on her cheeks, “If you want to call, I mean. Extension 109.”

Willow’s nodded keenly.

“Great idea! I’ll give you a call, yeah? Oh and you know you’re welcome up in my dorm any time. I didn’t say that before. So...just so you know.”

Tara smiled at the offer as Willow walked over to the door. Tara followed and opened it for her to go through.

“Good luck with your exam tomorrow.”

“Thank you, Tara,” Willow replied softly, “We’ll talk soon.”

Tara felt a shiver go up her spine at the way Willow said her name and gave her a wave as she departed. She closed the door and sighed softly, feeling a lot happier than she had in the past week.

Talk soon. We'll talk soon.

“Hello?”

“Hey, Tara, it’s me, Willow!”

Tara sat up fully in her bed and rubbed her eyes with the hand not holding the phone against her ear. She glanced at the alarm clock beside her bed.

“Hey, Willow,” she said sleepily, “Is everything okay?”

“Everything’s great!” Willow’s voice came from the other end, “Are you okay? You sound kinda tired.”

Tara lips quirked upwards.

“Just a little. It’s 2am.”

Tara had to hold the phone away from her ear as she heard a loud squeal come through the phone before Willow’s panicked voice spoke up again.

“Oh my god, Tara, I’m so sorry, I didn’t realise it was so late! I’ve been writing notes and I took a couple of these caffeine pills Becky gave me and she’s gone to stay the night at some guys place that she’s seeing, so she’s not here yelling at me to turn off the light and go to bed so I didn’t know it was the middle of the night! I’m so sorry! I’m gonna hang up now! So sorry!”

“No, Willow, don’t,” Tara said quickly, wanting to keep hearing her voice, “It’s okay. Really. I’m awake now. What’s up?”

She heard an exhalation over the line.

“Um, I was just thinking how we said we’d go to the Gardens this weekend and thought we could arrange that a little. Like maybe Saturday?”

“That sounds great,” Tara agreed warmly, then remembered something she wanted to get first, “I, um, have to do something in the morning but I could meet you at the Gardens at like noon?”

She could almost hear a smile through the line.

“I’ll be there. Sorry again for the late call.”

Tara shuffled back down in the bed and rested her head against the pillow.

“It’s okay, Willow. I like hearing your voice,” she replied before blushing at what she said, despite the fact no one was there to see, “Goodnight. Don't study too hard.”

“'Kay, I won't. 'Night, Tara. Sweet dreams.”

Tara heard the dial-tone and reached out to put her phone back in its place, a small smile playing on her lips. Her eyes started to flutter closed again.

Her Willow-filled dreams were calling her.

“Do you want this gift-wrapped?”

Tara shook her head at the cashier, then handed him over a bill from her wallet and received a small paper bag and a receipt in return.

“Thank you for your purchase.”

“Thanks,” Tara replied shyly before walking out of the shop and back onto the street.

She unfolded the bag in her hands and pulled out the object she’d just purchased, toying with it between her fingers. She threw the bag in a nearby trashcan and carefully placed her purchase in the pocket of her hip pocket before she started to walk towards the Public Gardens, where she was due to meet Willow in just a few minutes.

She quickened her pace slightly when she glanced at her watch and saw it was a little later than she thought and sighed in relief that she hadn’t left Willow waiting when she arrived at the large entrance gates to the Gardens and didn’t see her friend there yet.

It was barely a minute before she heard a familiar voice call out to her.

“Tara! Hey!”

She turned in the opposite direction that she had come from and saw Willow walking towards her, holding two coffee cups in front of her. She arrived a moment later, offering one of the cups.

“You know, you don’t have to buy me a coffee every time you see me,” Tara said with a slight grin as she took the Styrofoam cup offered to her, “You’ve more than made up for the spilled one.”

Willow blushed.

“Well, I still feel bad, you know.”

Tara just smiled and motioned for them to start walking into the Gardens, which they did.

“I’m glad you suggested hanging out in the park. It’s nice to get off campus.”

Willow nodded in agreement before gesturing around them.

“This place is really beautiful, huh? All the flowers, and green…and the lake,” she said as she spotted the area of water just ahead, “Hey, have you ever been on one of those paddle boats?”

“No,” Tara shook her head, “Never had anyone to go with and I didn’t want to go on my own. What about you?”

Willow shook her head as well.

“Nope. But I’ve always wanted to. Do you, um, maybe, wanna…?”

“Yeah?” Tara asked, smiling when the redhead nodded, “Then yes. Definitely.”

They made their way over to the Swan Boats and Tara paid the small fee before Willow had a chance to object.

“For all the coffees,” she said as they climbed onto the boat and sat on the bench in the front, “Boston’s so pretty.”

Willow bit down on her lip to stop herself from replying ‘you’re so pretty’, instead opting to just smile and nod as the boat started its tour around the water.

Neither talked during the tour, both just enjoying the calmness of the lake and the pretty scenery surrounding them as well as being around one another. Willow loved that she could be quiet with Tara and not feel awkward. It was another thing she thought made Tara so wonderful – making her speechless was no small feat.

As the tour continued, Willow started taking sneaky, coy looks at her friend and let her mind wander a little.

I know we’ve established, brain, that Tara just wants to be friends...but was that a little hasty? Maybe I’m reading too much into the little things...or not enough...It’s not like she’s ever actually said she’s not interested...and that almost-kiss...Did I really imagine it? It felt so real...so...agonisingly real...

They docked back at the bank, the jolt of which cut off Willow's thoughts. She watched Tara walk over to throw her now-empty coffee cup in a trash can, then sit at the nearby bench. She quickly followed when she saw her pat the space beside her and sat, talking full advantage by sitting close.

Her mind was spinning. She'd told herself she was going to forget about her romantic feelings for Tara, but it was obvious that she just wouldn't be able to. She had to know. She turned to look at Tara again, an intense gaze as if trying to read her mind. She lingered until Tara looked back.

That’s when she saw it again.

The want.

The want she was sure she had seen when they had fed each other the Chinese food and been so near to kissing but had dismissed when she’d ascertained her mind had been playing tricks on her. But she was focused now. She wasn’t lost in erotic feeding and delirious hopefulness. And she still saw it. She looked away and blinked a few times in thought before deciding that thinking had only made her confused and unsure.

So she had to act.

“Tara?”

There was something in Willow's tone that made Tara both nervous and excited at the same time.

“Yes?”

Willow inhaled deeply before going for broke.

“I really wanna hold your hand.”

Tara’s eyes widened and she felt her breath quicken. Was Willow saying what she thought she was saying? She started to inch her hand closer to Willow's.

Willow held her breath as she waited for a response, her heart beating furiously in her chest. She was expecting Tara to move away or even to be yelled at for ruining their friendship. What she wasn’t expecting was a warm hand to cover hers and give a small squeeze. She exhaled, a slow smile spreading on her face and turned her hand in Tara's, squeezing back.

After a moment she decided that she’d gotten a good response to her first move and needed to make sure there was no confusion on either end for their actions. She needed Tara to know they weren’t holding hands in that moment because friends just did that or because it was cold and they weren’t wearing gloves.

She took another deep breath. She could be brave.

“Tara?”

Tara wasn't sure her breathing was steady enough to respond, but tried anyway.

“Yeah?”

Willow waited a long moment.

“I really want to kiss you.”

Tara thought her hand might slip from Willow's in nerves.

She wants to kiss me. She wants to kiss me. You want to kiss her back. Tell her.

She turned her head towards and tried to speak, but found herself unable, just parting her lips instead.

Willow saw the movement and felt herself bursting with adrenaline. She swallowed to get some moisture back in her mouth, then leaned forwards half of the way, letting Tara decide whether they connected or not.

The decision was made without hesitation and Willow quickly found a soft pair of lips on her own, moving gently.

Tara felt like her whole body got an electric shock sent through it and her lips had been set on fire as the kiss she had been longing for, for weeks, finally came to fruition. She wasn’t sure what had prompted Willow to vocally express her interest but didn’t really care in that moment. She had and they were kissing and that’s all that was mattered.

And the kissing was wonderful. She never knew she could feel such pleasure from such a simple action but as their lips started moving faster against each other, she was quite certain that kissing Willow would become her new favourite pastime, if she would let her.

Willow was having a similar train of thought. She’d been brave, she’d taken the plunge and it had paid off. Tara was kissing her. Tara was returning her non-friendship feelings. And Tara’s tongue was pushing at her lips, timidly and unsure, but definitely there.

She opened her mouth to let Tara in, and while having no idea how she was supposed to move her own tongue in response, it only took her half a second not to care - it was shy, a little awkward and more than a little clumsy but it didn't matter. It was Tara she was kissing and Tara who was kissing back and that made it perfect.

She found Tara's other hand nearby and slipped their fingers together, wanting to be touching her as much as possible.

They continued kissing for a long while, caught up in the newness and each other until a burning need for air made them break apart. Willow made sure they stayed close by resting her forehead on Tara's, pecking her shyly as she caught her breath.

Tara closed her eyes for a brief moment to enjoy the tingle when Willow pecked her and instantly craved more. She reopened her eyes to look in Willow's smiling ones and bit the side of her lip bashfully.

“Willow?”

Willow felt a wave of fear go through her as she thought Tara might voice some regrets over what had just happened. But Tara was smiling and was making no effort to separate their hands so she managed an answer.

“Uh huh?”

Tara's cheeks flushed from more than exertion.

“I really wanna do that again.”

Willow's breath caught in her throat in relief for a moment before she let out a giggle.

“You do?”

Tara nodded eagerly and Willow went to move their lips together again, but was distracted by a group of adult, male voices chanting in their direction.

“Kiss again! Kiss again!”

Tara ducked her head shyly and Willow looked over to the source of the interruption; a group of guys in long shorts and t-shirts that said ‘Boston College’, clearly thinking they were the funniest thing in the world as they laughed and patted each other on the back.

“Assholes!” Willow called back in the same jeering tone before turning back to Tara, squeezing her hands, “Are you okay?”

Tara looked back up, a crooked smile turned up one side of her face.

“I'm more than okay.”

Willow beamed and couldn't resist brushing their lips together again, then quickly jumped up before there was another chance for cat-calling.

“Come on, let's get out of here.”

She pulled Tara up and began to move back the same way they came in, but Tara skid them to a halt after just a few feet.

“Willow, where are we going?”

Willow spun back around and lifted herself onto her tiptoes.

“Can I take you on a date?”

“A date?” Tara asked, needing a moment to process, “Willow, what...what just happened?”

“We kissed,” Willow answered matter-of-factly, before tacking on “And it was amazing. It, um…it was amazing, right?”

“Yes, Willow, it was amazing,” Tara replied, bashful, then looked down, “I don't know what this means. Do you like me?”

Willow gently raised Tara's chin.

“Very much.”

Tara felt her heart soar but was still confused.

“Can you help me out a little? You know I don’t really know anything about this kinda thing.”

Willow shook her head softly.

“Me either. I’ve been relying on Becky for advice on how to deal with how hard I was falling for you,” she replied, knowing it was the right thing to say by the amount Tara's face lit up, “I do know that you make me feel things I’ve never felt before. And that you’re the most beautiful woman I’ve ever laid eyes on. And that if you’d maybe want to...we could, you know, keep kissing... and classify the time we spend together as ‘dates’... and I definitely like holding hands...”

Tara looked down at their entwined fingers before back up at Willow, question in her eyes.

“Like girlfriends?”

Willow bounced on the spot and nodded eagerly.

“Yes, yes. Exactly like girlfriends. As in, I would be yours and you would be mine and we would collectively be two girls who are girlfriends. Yes.”

Tara ducked her head again

“I am, you know.”

Willow’s brow crinkled in confusion, she wasn't sure she'd even heard correctly, Tara had spoken so quietly.

“What?”

Tara looked back up and tucked a piece hair behind her own ear.

“Yours.”

Willow blinked a few times, taking in the lovely sentiment, but the silence made Tara wonder if she'd said something wrong.

She opened her mouth to backtrack but didn't get a chance to actually speak as Willow kissed her again. It wasn't a peck, but wasn't quite as intense as the first, leaving it in happy medium territory of soft and warm. She felt Willow's arms cross over her neck and appreciated how their bodies pressed together; even more tightly when Willow moved her lips to kiss her cheek.

“I never thought I’d be able to hug you and it wouldn’t hurt.”

Tara turned her head in to meet Willow's eye.

“I hurt you? When we hugged? Did I squeeze too tight? I hadn't hugged anyone in a while.”

Willow smiled softly and shook her head.

“No, not pain. And it wasn't you. I hurt myself by thinking we could never be together.”

Tara blushed at her misunderstanding, then nodded.

“I know how that feels,” she replied, thinking of all the tears she wasted, “Thank you for being brave.”

Willow kissed Tara's other cheek, loving how soft her skin felt against her lips.

“Thank you for being mine. I loved when you said that.”

She clung to Tara for a few moments until an unfortunately-familiar set of voices called out to them again.

“Did we miss a kiss?!”

Willow was getting thoroughly annoyed at this special time being interrupted and promptly flipped them all the bird.

The guys cat-called for another moment before they all started high-fiving each other as if they’d accomplished some major feat, then moved off. Willow turned back to Tara and rolled her eyes.

“How did they even get into college?”

“I’m guessing they’re all really good at some kind of sport,” Tara replied with a tiny shrug.

Willow crossed her arms over her chest.

“Pfft, yeah. Jackass-ery. Varsity team.”

Tara smiled at the joke, but had better things on her mind.

“So...you said something about a...proper date?”

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:40 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs

Great chapter (even though it's late :p )

Glad Becky was able to talk some sense into Willow.

Loved the extended paddle boat scene (except for the stupid jerks that give guys a bad name.)

Can't wait for their first official date. :) On time? :pray

"Not everyone wants to graduate high school at age 16 and college at age 19 and have our first IPO by age 20. Some of us want to waste precious minutes, hours, days, and weeks rotting in front of the TV." - Survivor Ash Island By JustSkipIt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:54 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for awesome update-y goodness... Big yay for Becky for kicking Willow's butt to "wake up" Willow and realize what she is doing and yay for Willow contacting Tara and organizing the "date" in the park with the Swan Boat ride... I really loved their activities after Swan Boat ride, except for those brainless jocks and their very childish antics...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:32 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

yay! proper date :dumbo
and glad to know the story behind the first kiss..thanks to the brave redhead :wtkiss
start counting now to next week :kdevil

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:10 am 
8. Vixen

Sorry to hear you're in hospital Laragh, hopefully you're being nursed by your own Willow or Tara. Take care buddy and get better soon, I'll be thinking about you. :flower

You said

‘Cause I’m cruel

You say that Laragh but I know that deep down you love Willow and Tara as much as I do so you can't be that cruel. I hope ;)

Becky is truly a loyal friend to Willow, a kind of off screen Buffy before Buffy arrived. If that makes sense.

“Willow!” Tara greeted, her face instantly brightening when she saw who it was, “H-Hi!”

“Hey, Tara,” Willow replied, taking in her friend’s angelic features before gesturing forwards with her hand, “Can I come in?”

“Of course,” Tara replied eagerly, stepping aside to let her in, delighted to see her after so many days of not

YAY, Willow has finally gone to see Tara again after a week of avoidance. That counts for three happy people, Tara, Willow and myself.

“I love the Gardens,” Tara smiled that smile that Willow had to look away from lest it melt her heart, “I’m definitely in.”

Tara's smile melts everybody's hearts, that's why she is so beloved of Kittens everywhere.

Her Willow-filled dreams were calling her.

And we all know how sweet Willow dreams are. :sigh

“Tara?”

Tara wasn't sure her breathing was steady enough to respond, but tried anyway.

“Yeah?”

Willow waited a long moment.

Tara thought her hand might slip from Willow's in nerves.

She wants to kiss me. She wants to kiss me. You want to kiss her back. Tell her.

She turned her head towards and tried to speak, but found herself unable, just parting her lips instead.

Willow saw the movement and felt herself bursting with adrenaline. She swallowed to get some moisture back in her mouth, then leaned forwards half of the way, letting Tara decide whether they connected or not.

The decision was made without hesitation and Willow quickly found a soft pair of lips on her own, moving gently.

YAY, :applause at last the start of a beautiful romance. Things can only go uphill from here.

Thank you for putting in the sweet moment that they share at the end when Tara says to Willow ' I am you know, yours.' It really put a smile on my face. :)

Take care of yourself and get better soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:35 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
“You doing anything tonight?”

Which is different from Willow asking Becky "Are you doing anyone tonight?" as Becky is gone from their dorm room as often as Buffy was when she and Willow roomed together.
Quote:
“How do I...how do I make it not hurt when I see her?”

Willow, you do what your heart guides you to do later on in the chapter."
Quote:
“It's okay,” she replied, toying with her own hands in front of her, “I thought you didn't want to be friends anymore.”

This is again why Tara makes such a warm and compassionate social worker as even here she has such tremendous empathy and shares with Willow what she could sense.
Quote:
“I um, I don’t have a cell phone.”

Yay for Tara here. I know I am in the minority but i don't see the need for one either.
Quote:
“Hey, Willow,” she said sleepily, “Is everything okay?”...“Just a little. It’s 2am.”

Yeah, somebody needs to explain to Willow that just because you drink a six pack of those 5 hour energy drinks that that gives you 30 hours of sustained concentration; it just means that you have 6000+% of all of those chemicals surging through your bloodstream and for someone as adorably keyed up as Willow is naturally, this can be problematic but also can give Willow the edge she needs to arrange her date with Tara and not overthink and string out their sparkage recognition factor when they hold habds for the first time.
Quote:
“Do you want this gift-wrapped?”

The clerk asked Tara when she was hiring me naked for the evening; yes and put a bow on his penis for me. No wait, that is my fantasy...sorry. I wasn't gonna stop doing them for good.
Quote:
“I really wanna hold your hand.”

Fortune favors the brave, Willow, and sometimes you just have to go big or go home.
Quote:
She exhaled, a slow smile spreading on her face and turned her hand in Tara's, squeezing back.

And so the dance begins again; in all Willow/Tara variations, it all starts with the simplest of non-verbal contact when a hand is interlaced with another hand and the arc of electricity flows in a circuit from one hand to the other creating something magical and unique known only to the two of them.
Quote:

And now the world and the universe itself rejoices and sighs as if stating "it's about bloody time" and the world makes sense again to us who watch and draw hope and inspiration from the embrace of Willow's lips caressing Tara's and the unspoken assent of Willow allowing Tara's tongue into her mouth and they become one in their dance .
Quote:
“Can you help me out a little? You know I don’t really know anything about this kinda thing

They don't need to know anything; ordinary sods like the rest of us stumble around trying to get it right in our relationships but when your union has been blessed by the gods and the entities that even the gods answer to, you just need to hold each other tight and don't stop kissing each other and the universe will keep on as it has for billions of years.
Quote:
“Yes, yes. Exactly like girlfriends. As in, I would be yours and you would be mine and we would collectively be two girls who are girlfriends. Yes.”

I am he and you are he and we are all together. goo-goo-ga -choob but which of Willow and Tara is the Walrus?
Quote:
“I am, you know....“Yours.””

Never were words spoken with more passion and love and warmth than those and I still feel a tingle when i hear Amber say them and look at Alyson with those big blue eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:31 am 
2. Floating Rose

My excuse for not leaving feedback: same as Willow's, exams and exams and exams... I can so relate. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the past two chapters, they are just so sweet. I don't know much else to say, sweetness makes everything else seem unimportant :)

So, as usual, very good job, looking forward to more!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:32 am 
2. Floating Rose

Wow, sorry for the double post, everything is real strange on an iPad. There is no way to delete this, is there?

Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (04/25/12)
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:06 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Glad Becky was able to talk some sense into Willow.

So is Tara! :P

Quote:
Loved the extended paddle boat scene (except for the stupid jerks that give guys a bad name.)

Glad you liked it (and they really do, don’t they? I’ll have to throw some decent guys in there for balance…although there’s a couple more jerks coming up first!)

Quote:
Can't wait for their first official date. On time?

I’ll always do my darndest to get it posted on time!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Big yay for Becky for kicking Willow's butt to "wake up" Willow and realize what she is doing and yay for Willow contacting Tara and organizing the "date" in the park with the Swan Boat ride...

Glad you liked it!

Quote:
I really loved their activities after Swan Boat ride, except for those brainless jocks and their very childish antics...

They were dickheads, but lucky they’ve evaded them.

Thanks for your comment :)

arsyadriani

Quote:
yay! proper date
and glad to know the story behind the first kiss..thanks to the brave redhead
start counting now to next week

Yay is right! Glad you enjoyed it, hope you continue to :)

Thanks for commenting!

willowtaralover

Quote:
orry to hear you're in hospital Laragh, hopefully you're being nursed by your own Willow or Tara. Take care buddy and get better soon, I'll be thinking about you.

Thanks, buddy!

Quote:
You say that Laragh but I know that deep down you love Willow and Tara as much as I do so you can't be that cruel. I hope

Deep down, shallow down, up, sideways, there isn’t any way I don’t love W/T :D

Quote:
Becky is truly a loyal friend to Willow, a kind of off screen Buffy before Buffy arrived. If that makes sense.

Very much a pre-Buffy Buffy. She was modelled a little on Buffy with some different character traits.

Quote:
YAY, Willow has finally gone to see Tara again after a week of avoidance. That counts for three happy people, Tara, Willow and myself.

And me!

Quote:
Tara's smile melts everybody's hearts, that's why she is so beloved of Kittens everywhere.

Very true!

Quote:
And we all know how sweet Willow dreams are.

The sweetest!

Quote:
YAY, at last the start of a beautiful romance. Things can only go uphill from here.

Indeed they can!

Quote:
Thank you for putting in the sweet moment that they share at the end when Tara says to Willow ' I am you know, yours.' It really put a smile on my face.

Aww, yay!

Quote:
Take care of yourself and get better soon.

:)

Thanks for commenting!

taralicious

Quote:
Which is different from Willow asking Becky "Are you doing anyone tonight?" as Becky is gone from their dorm room as often as Buffy was when she and Willow roomed together.

Haha!

Quote:
Willow, you do what your heart guides you to do later on in the chapter.

Good advice!

Quote:
This is again why Tara makes such a warm and compassionate social worker as even here she has such tremendous empathy and shares with Willow what she could sense.

Yep, definitely traits she carries over!

Quote:
Yay for Tara here. I know I am in the minority but i don't see the need for one either.

She has one by Hacker (definitely by the time she starts work since she’d need to be on call…Willow will probably get her one sooner)

Quote:
Yeah, somebody needs to explain to Willow that just because you drink a six pack of those 5 hour energy drinks that that gives you 30 hours of sustained concentration; it just means that you have 6000+% of all of those chemicals surging through your bloodstream and for someone as adorably keyed up as Willow is naturally, this can be problematic but also can give Willow the edge she needs to arrange her date with Tara and not overthink and string out their sparkage recognition factor when they hold habds for the first time.

Were you pumped up on energy drinks when you wrote that?!

Quote:
The clerk asked Tara when she was hiring me naked for the evening; yes and put a bow on his penis for me. No wait, that is my fantasy...sorry. I wasn't gonna stop doing them for good.

Ew.

Quote:
Fortune favors the brave, Willow, and sometimes you just have to go big or go home.

True story!

Quote:
And so the dance begins again; in all Willow/Tara variations, it all starts with the simplest of non-verbal contact when a hand is interlaced with another hand and the arc of electricity flows in a circuit from one hand to the other creating something magical and unique known only to the two of them.

Well said!

Quote:
And now the world and the universe itself rejoices and sighs as if stating "it's about bloody time" and the world makes sense again to us who watch and draw hope and inspiration from the embrace of Willow's lips caressing Tara's and the unspoken assent of Willow allowing Tara's tongue into her mouth and they become one in their dance .

Willow and Tara kissing makes the world a better place!

Quote:
They don't need to know anything; ordinary sods like the rest of us stumble around trying to get it right in our relationships but when your union has been blessed by the gods and the entities that even the gods answer to, you just need to hold each other tight and don't stop kissing each other and the universe will keep on as it has for billions of years.

Praise Jesus…or Miss Kitty Fantastico.

Quote:
I am he and you are he and we are all together. goo-goo-ga -choob but which of Willow and Tara is the Walrus?

A question to be asked for all eternity.

Quote:
Never were words spoken with more passion and love and warmth than those and I still feel a tingle when i hear Amber say them and look at Alyson with those big blue eyes.

As do we all. As do we all.

Legolise -

Quote:
My excuse for not leaving feedback: same as Willow's, exams and exams and exams... I can so relate. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed the past two chapters, they are just so sweet. I don't know much else to say, sweetness makes everything else seem unimportant

So, as usual, very good job, looking forward to more!

Thanks! I do try for the sweet and hopefully there's a bit more in this one!

Quote:
Wow, sorry for the double post, everything is real strange on an iPad. There is no way to delete this, is there?

You can ask the mods but we can pretend we just don't see it :)

Thanks for your feedback!

Update Directly Below

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:08 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: College Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: The first part of the prequel to Hacker Confidential and Family Confidential - the college years!

SPOILERS: Perhaps minor references to the show or stealage of dialogue, but nothing that would spoil the series.

Chapter 5

Previously:

Quote:
Tara smiled at the joke, but had better things on her mind.

“So...you said something about a...proper date?”

Willow brightened and nodded excitedly.

“Yes, yes, yes! Okay, um, I normally would need time to plan and panic and make sure everything was mapped out perfectly but I really don’t think I can wait even longer for a date with you so...a movie? I could take you to a movie! And then out for dinner! Dinner and a movie, but, you know, backwards!”

“Right,” Tara replied a little nervously, not wanting to think about money at a time like this, but having to anyway, “I’m in.”

Luckily she was careful with the little she did have, so she had a few extra dollars she could spare for the day...enough for a movie ticket anyway. And how expensive could a salad be?

She resolved to enjoy the day and try not to worry too much about expense, a feat made easy when she saw the huge smile on Willow's face.

“Yay!” Willow squealed, unable to contain herself, “We’re going on a date! We’re going on a date!! A real one, too, not like the fake one I tried to plan on Valentine’s!”

She blushed as she realised what she'd said, but Tara just smiled.

“I thought that’s what you were doing. But then I thought there’d be no way you’d ever want that so I figured it couldn’t have been.”

They started to walk again; hands squeezed together between them and made their way out of the Gardens and onto the streets.

“Yeah, I thought if I set us up on a date, it would magically turn into one,” she explained, then looked up to Tara, “Hey, can I ask you something?”

Tara nodded.

“Of course.”

Willow moved so that she was standing in front of Tara, walking backwards on the street.

“Make sure I don’t crash into someone, okay?”

Tara laughed but agreed.

“I’ll protect you.”

Willow could tell Tara meant that, and even if it was just in reference to making sure she didn't fall on her ass right then, it was something.

“I know you will,” she replied happily before getting on with her question, “So, um, on Valentine’s night...did we almost kiss? When you were teaching me to use the chopsticks? Before those frat boys interrupted? Or was I going completely insane? You can say insane if it was insane.”

Tara shook her head, relieved Willow had wondered the same thing.

“We did. I think. I wanted to. I was going to.”

Willow did another bounce and fell back into step with Tara.

“Thank god. I thought I was going absolutely crazy and I imagined the whole thing. Like I was thinking about kissing you so much that my mind just made it happen. Like a mirage or something. I was really convinced. I was looking my textbooks up about it and everything!”

“Well, I kinda believe in fate. So I thought the interruption was fate’s way of telling me trying to kiss you was the wrong thing to do,” Tara replied before seeing Willow frown, so quickly added, “Now I know it was just their way of saying it wasn’t our moment.”

Willow turned her head curiously at that. She wasn't quite sure of her own belief system, but she could get behind the idea of fate.

“You think?” she asked, the concept intriguing her, “Huh. Why do you think fate wanted us to wait?”

“I'm not sure” Tara replied, never giving too much rhyme or reason to things like that, just accepting them, “Maybe they were bored and messing with us was their way of having some fun.”

“Those darn fates,” Willow clicked her tongue with a laugh, “Pawning us around like we’re part of their own personal video game.”

Tara grinned a little, joining in on the fun.

“Or maybe they just wanted us to be in the Gardens for our first kiss or something.”

Willow smiled.

“You think? Like it’s gonna be like a special place for us?”

Tara let their hands swing between them.

“It's special for me already.”

“Yeah, me too!” Willow replied cheerily, feeling like she was walking on air, “There's the movie theatre, right up there!”

Tara looked over to the building in question. It was a small, quaint structure, nothing like the large multiplex-type establishments she had seen around, with a red awning overhead and a small booth with a man sitting inside, in front of and in-between a set of glass doors that led inside.

“It's nice, huh?” Willow smiled as they strolled up to it, “It's my favourite movie theatre in Boston. It's all old-timey but they show the new stuff. I think they have classics nights too. And they do the world's best popcorn! Really!”

“Do you go to the movies a lot?” Tara asked, interested.

“Not every week or anything,” Willow replied with a one shoulder shrug, the gestured to the movie posters adorning the walls on the way to the door, “What movie do you want to see?”

Tara didn't recognise any of the names.

“I don't mind, you choose.”

“Do you like comedies?” Willow asked, pointing to a poster for ‘Hitch’, “That one starts in ten minutes. I've heard good things. Will Smith is pretty funny. Have you ever seen Men in Black?”

Tara shook her head.

“You haven't?!” Willow asked in disbelief as they walked over to the ticket booth, “It's a classic! Or a modern classic anyway. It's about these secret agents who keep the world safe from aliens.”

She saw Tara didn't quite get the humour and smiled.

“It's funnier than it sounds. And one of the aliens is called Rosenberg. That always made me laugh.”

“Maybe we could watch it sometime,” Tara suggested, making Willow nod eagerly.

“Definitely! I have 1 and 2 on my laptop,” she replied, then turned to the man in the booth, “Um, two for Hitch.”

Tara reached for her wallet, but Willow was already paying.

“I got it, baby, don't worry.”

Tara forgot about protesting at hearing Willow call her by a pet name and ducked her head to hide the blush. Willow took their tickets and retook Tara's hand as they walked inside to the concession stand.

“Do you want Coke? Or Sprite? Or something else? We can share but I like everything. Except orange soda, yuck.”

“I like Sprite,” Tara answered.

“Large popcorn and a large Sprite please!” Willow said to the woman behind the counter.

The server put the cup under the drinks machine and let it fill up while scooping the popcorn into the bucket. Tara figured since the cost of her movie ticket had been covered, she could use that money to pay for their snacks but Willow, showing the stealth of someone who had watched way too many ninja movies, had the cash pushed into the server's hand before Tara even realised it had happened.

Willow handed her the popcorn and held the drink herself so they still had their hands free between them to hold but Tara kept her gaze down as they walked into the right theatre. She silently nodded when Willow pointed out two seats near the back and left the popcorn on the floor when they sat down

“Are you okay?” Willow asked her as she put the drink in the cup holder between them and saw Tara toying with the end of her shirt, “Did you not want to see this movie? We can go to another one.”

Tara glanced up for a moment.

“You don't have to pay for me.”

“It's fine, really,” Willow tried to brush it off cheerily, only for Tara to look away again, “I didn't mean to embarrass you, Tara. I'm sorry.”

She took a tentative reach for Tara's hand and held it on the arm rest between them, keeping her voice low so as not to cause further embarrassment.

“Tara, I know...you can't have much to live on. I think it's amazing that you manage at all. I have some complicated parent money that I had saved from before...you know. I'll explain all of that to you, soon, I promise. But not now. It's our first date. I still can't believe that. We're on a date. A real date. And our dates don't have to be expensive. I just want to spend time with you. But this once...it's just popcorn and movie tickets. And we don't even have to go to a restaurant, we can just pick up a pizza on the way back. Is that okay?”

Tara looked back up and smiled shyly.

“Yeah. That's okay.”

Willow turned Tara's hand in hers and played with her fingers. She kept her eyes on Tara's face, smiling widely.

“Why are you smiling so much?” Tara asked, finding the look both adorable and infectious.

Willow shrugged, bouncing a little in her seat.

“I was smiling 'cause I thought 'my girlfriend has the prettiest smile'. Then I was smiling more 'cause I got to think of you as my girlfriend.”

“Oh,” Tara replied, flushing lightly, “You think my smile is pretty?”

Willow felt a surge of confidence and leaned over to kiss the corner of Tara's mouth.

“Uh huh, definitely,” she said, loving the tingle left on her lips, “I love when it does that sideways thing, it makes my belly do flip-flops”

She blushed then, thinking she sounded childish, and picked up the drink to cover.

“Oh I only got one straw,” she said after taking a long sip, “Do you mind?”

Tara looked to the lid, then back to Willow shyly.

“Sharing a straw? I-I think we got past that on the bench.”

Willow covered her mouth to contain the giggles, not wanting to draw any attention to them from the other people starting to fill the theatre. Tara blushed again, wondering where the bold-for-her comment had come up, but loved hearing Willow's laugh so much that she didn't care too much.

She picked up their popcorn as someone walked by, not wanting them to accidentally kick it over, and threw a piece into her mouth.

“It's good, huh?” Willow asked, getting her laughter under control.

Tara wasn't hugely versed in the world of popcorn, but there was definitely a nice flavour and satisfying crunch to what she was eating, so she nodded in agreement.

“I told you!” Willow replied, forgetting her earlier quest for quietness.

A woman shuffling through the aisle in front of them instantly turned, an annoyed look on her face.

“Shush!”

“You shush,” Willow retorted back, not appreciating an attempt to ruin her good mood, “The movie hasn’t even started yet!”

The woman shot daggers at them for a moment before turning her attention away and moving a few seats down, though there wasn't many left. Luckily they had almost their own entire row to themselves; not many people wanted to sit at the very back. The lights dimmed then and chatter quietened down as the screen was projected with a welcome greeting before rolling onto a trailer.

“I think we really have to be quiet now,” Tara whispered, leaning over so she only had to raise her voice a tiny bit.

“Okay,” Willow whispered sheepishly, unable to resist leaving a quick kiss on Tara's cheek as it was so close.

Tara nuzzled against Willow's lips without realising she was doing it, and held her hand a little tighter.

She had a fleeting thought that maybe she was in a dream and was going to wake up to an empty bed and aching heart like she had before, but it only lasted a second. She knew this was real, because even the best of her dreams couldn't compare to how good reality felt.

She sensed by Willow's reaction that it was okay to stay close, so decided to rest her head on Willow's shoulder. An arm immediately wrapped around her shoulder,

“I thought I was gonna have to do the ole yawn-and-reach!” Willow whispered in her ear, obviously giddy, “Can you reach the popcorn okay?”

Tara nodded and took another piece in indication. Willow relaxed back, enjoying the protective embrace she had on Tara.

Rationale before would have told her there was no such thing as a 'perfect moment', but she could fully believe that she was in one right then.

The movie started just a few seconds later and they both silently enjoyed it, laughing along with the rest of the theatre until they were more than half way through and only a few stray pieces of popcorn remained in the bucket between them. Their fingers brushed against each other as they both reached for the last one.

“Sorry,” Tara whispered, straightening up in her seat.

“It's okay, you have it,” Willow whispered back even quieter, not wanting the aggressive woman in front to get angry again.

Tara looked in the bucket and picked up the last piece, biting off half, then offered Willow the rest. Willow took it between her lips with a blush that was hidden in the darkness.

“Thanks.”

Tara smiled demurely and started to move her head back down, but was stopped by another cheek kiss. She turned to smile again, but apparently Willow already had plans for her lips. She was glad she was sitting as she realised what the phrase to 'go weak in the knees' meant and did what she thought was the right action by moving her lips gently.

It felt right, and Willow was coming back every few seconds for more - that had to be a good sign. She saw Willow leave the bucket down to the floor, then felt a hand on her shoulder and watched her lean right over to speak into her ear.

“Can we kiss the way we did on the bench?”

Tara met her shy eyes and gave a tiny nod - she had worried she'd been overzealous during their first kiss but if that's what Willow wanted, she was definitely happy to go along with it.

Willow's face lit up, very eager to experience all Tara-tongue had to offer, and pressed their lips together again. This time instead of pulling away to reinstigate, she did the tongue-push Tara had earlier and found herself welcomed straight away.

She did a little more exploring as well as playing this time, discovering how Tara's mouth felt. Her hand found its own way to the back of Tara's neck and played with the little bits of hair that fell near her ear. She was completely melting into the kiss, feeling a warmth spread to her through every point of contact, but after a little while had the eerie sensation of someone watching them.

She was quite unwilling to break the kiss, but did open her eyes. She knew there was no one alongside them so her eyes instantly jerked to the side, in front of them. The 'shush' woman has her eyes glued to them and seemed more than a little intrigued.

Are you serious, lady? Jeez, stare much?

She knew Tara would be completely humiliated if she knew they were being watched, so instead of pulling away to give the woman some choice words, she lifted her hand and raised her middle finger.

This finger is getting plenty of exercise today. Note to self, having a girlfriend brings all the jerks out to play.

The woman at least looked thoroughly embarrassed to be caught staring and spun back around in her seat, slumping down. Willow brought her hand back to Tara's hair, happy to give her focus back to more important things.

Relaxed again, the minutes slipped by them caught up in each other, until everyone in the theatre began clapping along with the closing scene. Tara pulled away first, as soon as the lights came back on and started to fix the front of her shirt, though it hadn't gotten too disrupted.

Willow sat back in her seat, a look of stunned awe on her face for a moment before she lifted the arm rest and slid her arms around Tara's waist.

“That was awesome,” she gushed, not bothering to keep her voice down now that everyone had left or was leaving, “I really like making out. Can we do that a lot?”

Tara looked surprised for a moment, not having expected the embrace, but finally looked over her shoulder and offered a smile.

“Uh huh, sure,” she replied shyly, then gestured needlessly at the screen, “We missed the movie.”

“We can get the DVD,” Willow suggested, making no move to let up her hold.

Tara could feel the imprint of Willow's hand pressing through her shirt onto her stomach and looked away to hide the silly grin on her face.

“When do those come out?”

“A few months,” Willow replied with a shrug, “I'm not going anywhere.”

Tara's silly grin got sillier and wider, but was aware they were the only people left in the theatre.

“I guess we should probably leave.”

Willow sighed dramatically, then squeezed Tara's waist just one before releasing her.

“Yeah, we should,” she said, picking up their empty containers but offering her other hand to Tara, “Pizza now? Or are you still full?”

Tara took the offered hand and stood, following her out.

“I could eat if you could.”

“I can always eat,” Willow joked, dumping their trash and leading them out into the street-lit sidewalk, the sun having set while they were inside, “We could look around for a pizza place. Or um, just get the T back to campus. Go to one of the places nearby and head back to the dorms. It’s gotten kinda chilly out.”

Tara wordlessly unbuttoned her sweater and put it over Willow's shoulders.

“Oh, no, I didn't mean for you to-” she started, but stopped when she saw the shy look on Tara's face, “Thank you. That's... so nice.”

Tara watched Willow's smile light up her face and looked away coyly.

“You're smiling again.”

“I'm happy,” Willow answered unapologetically, “I dunno, just...you gave me your sweater. It's a...couple-y thing to do.”

Tara looked back up.

“We are a couple, right?”

Willow nodded eagerly.

“Yeah, uh huh! Definitely! Couple a' what I don't know, but definitely a couple!”

Tara's smile matched Willow's, and she was so lost in her own little bubble of happiness she almost walked straight past the T station. Willow giggled and pulled her back, then got them through the turnstiles onto the platform where their train was already sitting.

“Good timing,” Willow commented, jumping onto the train and looking around, “Pretty crowded, it's rush hour.”

She spotted a single free seat just down from them and walked over, gesturing for Tara to sit.

“You take it.”

Tara shook her head.

“No, you take it.”

“Tara, take it before someone else does!” Willow protested, seeing someone board on the other end of the carriage.

Tara took the seat and Willow held onto the nearest handrail, but still lunged forwards when the train jolted into movement.

“You need shoes made of glue to stay still in one of these things,” Willow said, pressed up close to the rail.

Tara pointed to her lap shyly.

“You could sit if you wanted.”

Not about to pass up an offer like that, Willow slid over just enough to sit gently on Tara's lap.

“I'm not too heavy am I?”

Tara smiled and shook her head.

“No, you’re light as a feather.”

“And stiff as a board?” Willow joked before immediately frowning, “Ew. Gross. I didn’t mean-”

The train jerked again, cutting her off and she took it as a sign to abandon the thought completely. She smiled as she felt Tara's arms cross over her waist the same way she'd done to her in the movie theatre and swung her legs around enough that she could look at Tara's face.

“I like peaches!”

Tara hid her confusion and nodded along, going with it.

“I like apples.”

Willow realised she sounded insane and giggled.

“No, on pizza,” she clarified, “I like peaches on pizza.”

Tara couldn't mask being confused this time.

“On...pizza?”

“Uh huh, it's really good,” Willow answered, “Especially with pepperoni.”

Tara's eyebrow quirked in suspicion, but Willow was adamant.

“Really. It’s sweet and spicy and really, really good!”

Tara tried to be open.

“How did you find out about, um, peach pizza?”

Willow exhaled slowly for a moment.

“Well, last year, after my disastrous coming out phone call...Becky got me drunk...and we got post-alcohol munchies...and the only thing we had in our dorm was a leftover pizza from earlier in the day...and peaches that were in our mini-fridge to try and make us look like we at least tried to be healthy. So in our inebriated state, Becky dared me to combine the two, thinking it would be horrible and I’d throw up everywhere which would have apparently been hilarious...but it was actually amazing and I’ve been a convert ever since. I, uh, even got the pizza place we normally order from to put it on their menu.”

“Wow,” Tara replied, unsure what to think, but willing to try, “Well, if you say it’s delicious, then I’m sure it’s delicious.”

“It is,” Willow agreed heartily, slipping her hand into Tara's on her lap, “And I’m an expert on things that taste good.”

“Oh an expert?” Tara teasingly challenged.

Willow nodded seriously.

“Uh huh. Real vanilla ice-cream...s'mores...blueberries...” she trailed off a moment and popped a second-long kiss on Tara's lips, pulling away giddy, “You...”

Tara knew her cheeks were flushing but she kept her smiling gaze on Willow until the old train pulled to an abrupt halt again and a crackly voice came over the speaker system.

“Boston College Station. Please exit the train with all your belongings. Boston College Station...”

Willow jumped up, keeping Tara's hand in hers.

“Our stop.”

Tara followed behind Willow until they were out of the station, then fell into step with her.

“Tara?” Willow asked after a moment.

“Yes?” Tara replied, looking over, ready to answer.

“Do you mind when I kiss you in public?” Willow questioned, “You just seem a little uncomfortable. I only thought it was okay, 'cause you smooched my brains out in the Garden's. But I totally get that that was, you know, a heated moment. So if you don't want me to, I won't.”

Tara thought about it for a moment, then suddenly stopped them in the middle of the street and pressed their lips together sweetly. She did blush, but she didn't mind.

“I'm not ashamed of kissing you.”

“Wow,” Willow replied, a dazed look on her face, “So this is what it's like to swoon.”

She thought she might've fallen over if Tara hadn't been holding her hand, such were the butterflies in her belly, but managed to compose herself after a minute.

“So, um, pizza. Was it pizza?”

Tara couldn't help a smile.

“Uh huh, pizza. I don't really know the carry-out places around here too well, do you?”

Willow nodded.

“Oh definitely. My regular place is just on the corner here.”

“And they really...put peaches on pizza?” Tara asked, still unsure of the idea.

“Fruit on pizza is not completely unheard of,” Willow argued, “People have pineapple on theirs all the time.”

Tara had to concede that point.

“Okay, sweetie. I'll try it.”

Willow felt her heart skip a beat at Tara calling her 'sweetie' and suddenly recalled her own use of a pet name earlier.

“Thank you, baby,” she replied sweetly, looking for and receiving a similar reaction.

She reluctantly dropped Tara's hand to open the heavy door for the pizza parlour, then led her over to the counter, gesturing for her to sit on one of the stools while she ordered. A tall guy their age with light hair walked over when he saw them approach.

“Hey there,” he said easily with a some-might-say charming smile.

“Hi, Danny,” Willow replied, friendly, having struck up a friendly rapport with the pizza maker/cashier/delivery guy – his role changed daily and she ate a lot of pizza, “Usual please.”

“Large Sweet Red special,” Danny called out to whoever was in charge of making the pizza’s that evening, then immediately focused back on Willow, “Nice evening, huh?”

“Sure,” Willow agreed with a smile, casting a sidelong smile to Tara, “After a really good day. To be finished with some awesome pizza.”

Tara smiled back at Willow, but she felt uneasy around Danny - particularly the way he was looking at Willow.

“It’d have to be, you invented it.”

Willow blushed and gave a dismissive hand wave.

“Nah, you’re the one who perfected it. Just the right ratio of peaches to pepperoni.”

Tara's eyebrows rose just a tad at that - she was projecting Danny's flirting tone onto Willow having it as well. She didn't have long to process though as she heard him speaking in her direction.

“I haven’t seen you in here before.”

“This is Tara!” Willow said excitedly, bouncing over to be near her.

“Hi,” Tara spoke up with a shy wave, though internally glared at Danny.

“Hi,” Danny replied kindly, before another customer beckoned him over, “Your pizza won’t be long.”

He moved off to attend to the other patrons, while Tara toyed nervously with her hands in her lap.

“So, Danny, huh?”

Willow looked confused.

“Yeah...that’s his name,” she replied, before adding on, “He was the one who convinced them to put my pizza on the menu.”

Tara nodded but didn't lift her gaze.

“Did he name it?”

“Yeah, actually he did,” Willow nodded, not picking up on Tara's discomfort, “You know, ‘cause peaches and pepperoni and both reddish in colour...and peaches are sweet.”

Tara felt a flare of something inside her.

More like the redhead he's sweet on

Willow could have sworn she saw Tara physically wither and put a hand on her shoulder.

“Tara? You okay?” she asked gently, “Is the floor tile really that interesting?”

Tara looked up for a moment and gave a bashful shrug.

“H-he likes you. Can't really blame him.”

“Danny?” Willow asked, bewildered, before shaking her head, “Tara, no, no way, you got it all wrong. I only even know his name ‘cause me and Becky are lazy and never want to go down to the cafeteria for food. Hence a lot of pizza ordered. I know the name of the guy who delivers the Thai food too. Danny doesn’t like me like that.”

Tara nodded but Willow saw right away it was a façade.

“You don't believe me.”

Tara started to bite the skin around her thumb.

“T-there was flirting.”

Willow immediately shook her head.

“He wasn't flirting with me, we were just talking about-wait...do you mean I was flirting?”

Willow kept her voice down, but she was slightly annoyed that Tara would think that. It only took her a second to forgive - it may have been unfounded but she knew if that idea had been in her mind, all hell would have broken loose. She let her hand fall from Tara's shoulder to her cheek and brushed her fingers there tenderly.

“I wasn't flirting, Tara, I promise,” she said softly, “I mean that.”

Tara looked up into Willow's kind eyes.

“I believe you,” she replied, feeling both relieved and stupid, “So, I'll just go crawl in a hole now.”

Willow smiled.

“It's okay. You're cute when you're jealous. But you don't have any reason to be, ever. I've been dating you five hours and I know I could spend my life with you.”

She almost choked on air as she realised she'd spoken the last sentence she'd meant to think, so missed the smile it left on Tara's lips, and gratefully jumped away when Danny approached with their pizza in its box.

“One large Sweet Red special,” he said and put a hand up when Willow brought her wallet out, “Let me get this one. You order enough, I think you're about due one on the house.”

Willow pushed a $20 bill across the counter, not wanting anything to seem iffy to Tara.

“That's cool, I got it,” she replied hastily, “But, um, thanks...”

Danny shrugged and tendered the sale, handing Willow her change, who tucked it in her pocket and grabbed the pizza box.

“Thanks, again. Bye.”

“Uh, wait,” Danny suddenly interjected, reaching out to clasp Willow’s wrist, “So, uh, my friends have kind of been ribbing me lately...'cause I like this girl and I've been too chicken to ask her out. I kinda have a rep to keep up...so do you want to go out next weekend? I, um, do have a life outside of this place sometimes.”

Danny smiled that charming smile again, while Tara slinked back. Willow looked down at where his hand was touching her and gently took her hand back.

“You really pick your moments, buddy,” she muttered, thinking how exponentially easier it would have been to let him down when Tara wasn't three feet away watching, “Uh, sorry. That's um, very sweet, but, uh, um-”

“You’re seeing someone?” Danny guessed with a dejected sigh, “Of course you are.”

“Uh huh!” Willow nodded, grabbing Tara's hand and pulling her right up closer, “I'm seeing her.”

Danny perked up again, thinking he hadn't lost his chance.

“I think you misunderstood. I meant on a date.”

Willow's brow creased in mild annoyance.

“I know what you meant. I'm dating her.”

Tara had her eyes fixed firmly on floor, so didn't see the 'charming' smile on Danny's face turn into a smarmy one.

“Huh. Wow.”

“Yep,” Willow replied, not liking the look on Danny's face, “So, um, we'll be seeing you.”

Never. We'll be seeing you never. Definitely finding a new pizza place.

She tugged on Tara's hand, intending to lead them away from the awkward situation but Danny called out again before they got to the door.

“Hey, if things don’t work out...or if you two feel like something...new. You call me. Day or night.”

Tara looked up, suitably offended, but could almost see steam blowing out of Willow's ears as she slammed the pizza box back down onto the counter.

“What the hell did you just say?!”

Tara hung back, not wanting to get caught up in it all but could see Danny's features change to fear and Willow continue to seethe.

“I was trying to be nice to you ‘cause I thought you just got the wrong end of the stick but if you think for one second I would ever date your scrawny little ass you are seriously mistaken! Never mind the fact that you're a dude, have you seen who I walked in with? My girlfriend is a beautiful princess and you're an ugly toad that'll never be a prince!”

Tara couldn't help but smile at the compliment despite the aggressive nature it was said in and the numerous stares it was attracting, but could see the situation was spiralling out of control.

“Willow, let’s just go,” she said, stepping a little closer.

“You’re an asshole!” Willow continued yelling at Danny, not hearing Tara behind her, “And my relationship with my GIRLFRIEND – have you got that yet?! Girlfriend!? As in I’M GAY, buddy! – is none of your damn business but just for your information things are gonna work out because I would be a damned fool if I ever let her go!”

Tara blushed and took another step forward, feeling safe to do so; that Willow's anger wasn't going to become physical. She slipped their hands together and saw Willow instantly deflate.

Willow looked over her shoulder at Tara's sweet face and nodded once, indicating she would stop her tirade.

But not before shoving the pizza box off the counter so it opened and the cheesy mess fell onto Danny’s shoes.

“Keep your lousy pizza.”

She marched them out then, head held high until she knew they were out of sight, after which she slumped down onto a nearby bench, head in her hands, ashamed at how she'd acted. Tara sat down next to her and rubbed a hand on her back.

“You okay?”

“I dunno,” Willow replied through muffled hands before looking up, “Are you gonna break up with me?”

“Why would you think that?” Tara asked gently.

“Are you kidding? I completely lost control back there,” Willow replied, then tacked on as a self-deprecating joke, “Redheads and their tempers.”

Tara considered what had happened for a moment before speaking again.

“Do you think you'd lose control like that if you got angry at me?” she asked calmly.

Willow shook her head rapidly.

“No, Tara, no. I've never even done anything like that before. I felt like he was disrespecting you, and us, and I...lost it. And I'm not going to apologise to him, because it wasn't okay what he said, and I don't even ever want to see him again. But I'm very sorry if I scared you, or embarrassed you, or all of the above.”

Tara moved her hand up to Willow's shoulder and gave it an affectionate squeeze.

“I believe you, Willow,” she said finally, genuinely, “Oh, but, I don't like to be yelled at. I know we're bound to fight eventually. But I don't like being yelled at.”

Willow could see there was something heavy behind those words and nodded.

“Okay, Tara. I won't, I promise.”

Tara smiled softly.

“Good.”

She leaned over and kissed Willow's cheek, happy to put the incident behind them and continue what had been a wonderful date.

“Is there another pizza place around here?” she asked, her eyes telling Willow all was forgiven, “I may even have some peaches in my dorm we can add to them.”

Willow smiled gratefully.

“Yeah, but it's a few blocks. We can call and get it delivered. Back to yours? It's, um, more private.”

Tara nodded and they both stood to begin walking back towards campus.

Willow kept Tara's hand tight in hers as they walked - she meant what she'd said before.

There was no way she'd ever let her go.

Last edited by Laragh on Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (04/25/
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:01 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I really did not remember the day! Yay Confidential day!

- With You Around, YellowCard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:08 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

First person to say 'Dibs.' :p Stupid job interview.

Great first date (except for the 'shhh' lady and Danny :fit)

Quote:
“I like peaches!”

Tara hid her confusion and nodded along, going with it.

“I like apples.”

SQUIRREL!

Quote:
“Hey, if things don’t work out...or if you two feel like something...new. You call me. Day or night.”

Seriously, do guys ever really expect this to work???!!!

Quote:
But not before shoving the pizza box off the counter so it opened and the cheesy mess fell onto Danny’s shoes.

She should have dumped it on his head. Did she at least get her money back?

Can't wait til next week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:36 pm 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I really liked their movie date... 3p pizza (peach-pepperoni-pizza) really sounds weird... I wish Willow would have dumped the pizza on Danny's head after his moron-of-the-day-moment...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Ok, last weeks update I read in the hospital and my laughter irritated the person in the next bed... it didn't help that I read it at 2am, but it wasn't like it was loud guffaws if laughter... anyway.

And this week I get to read from my own bed at home, but have my sanity questioned because A) I hadn't made it apparent I was awake, and B) the laughter didn't match the sleep talking I was doing earlier (that HAS to be the drugs, I don't normally talk in my sleep).

Laragh, this story is so cute, and sweet, I look forward to it. Makes being bed bound more enjoyable by far. :)

- Heather

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:50 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey there! Hope you're feeling better.

I just wanted to drop in and say how much I'm loving this prequel. This was such a memorable day, for many reasons. I'm soo glad Willow finally stopped over thinking and coming to the wrong conclusions and got brave enough to make the first move. I can totally see them both agonizing over this whole thing. Neither one of them have much or any experience at all in regards to relationships and were just too scared to do the wrong thing and lose what they had. My heart broke when Willow just left Tara hanging for a week after the "friend" comment/misunderstanding, cause I just know she was so alone. So thank God for Becky giving Willow the little nudge to go see her, which led to so much goodness.

Of course, Willow getting pretty large with the butch on slimy pizza guy made my day. Boy, she really let him have it. Just perfect. And the tirade that led to all the good things she said about Tara was also excellent. The talk after the blow up was very sweet too. So much they have yet to learn about each other, and I'll be right here on the wonderful ride.

Thanks for the great update. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:51 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

On Jeopardy: 'The swan boats in the Boston Public Gardens are based on this opera where a man arrives on a boat pulled by a swan.' When I saw it, I automatically thought of this fic. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:02 am 
8. Vixen

Hey Laragh First off I just wanted to say that I hope you're a lot better now and aren't stuck in hospital but happily convalescing at home watching all your favourite Tara and Willow moments on your Buffy dvd's.

Secondly thank you for writing this story. I know you've reallyonly just started it but you write some of the best W/T fan-fiction I've ever read and I bow down before your greatness oh awesome one :bow

“Yes, yes, yes! Okay, um, I normally would need time to plan and panic and make sure everything was mapped out perfectly but I really don’t think I can wait even longer for a date with you so...a movie? I could take you to a movie! And then out for dinner! Dinner and a movie, but, you know, backwards!”

“Right,” Tara replied a little nervously, not wanting to think about money at a time like this, but having to anyway, “I’m in.”

Uh oh, why do I get the feeling that some money problems are going to get in the way of the girls blossoming relationship. Willow may want to pay for things for them both a lot more and Tara may take some offence at this, feeling that she should be able to pay towards some costs herself.

It's nice that Tara is so understanding about the fake date Willow tried to set up on Valentine's. If I ask nicely do you think Willow will allow Tara to adopt me ;)

“Or maybe they just wanted us to be in the Gardens for our first kiss or something.”

Willow smiled.

I really like your foreshadowing here for what will happen in 'Hacker' when they get married there in the park.

Love Willow's geeking over 'Men in Black 1' and her astonishment that Tara hasn't seen it but why does she have part two saved, it's nowhere near as good as the original?

“I was smiling 'cause I thought 'my girlfriend has the prettiest smile'. Then I was smiling more 'cause I got to think of you as my girlfriend.”

Awwwwwwwwww, more Willow/Tara sweetness. what all Kitten's love.

How freaky can it be, having someone stare at you while you're smooching with your honey. And surely the back row of the cinema was invented for smooching with your boy/girlfriend.

This finger is getting plenty of exercise today. Note to self, having a girlfriend brings all the jerks out to play.

Correction: having a HOT girlfriend brings all the jerks out to play.

Nice of Tara to offer her sweater to Willow. A very couple-y thing to do that helps cement Tara as a part of the relationship.

Peaches and pepperoni on pizza?????? Ewwww.

Tara felt a flare of something inside her.

More like the redhead he's sweet on

Beware the anger of Tara, :fit especially when lusting after Willow.

Looked up the name Danny in my dictionary, it said 'Prick who thinks with his penis in his pants as opposed to his brain'. Willow's rant at him as well was hilarious, one of the funniest things I've ever read.

Tara making Willow promise never to yell at her when they have a fight is more foreshadowing. This time of Tara's past and her family but are they going to turn up to try and torment her? I don't think so, it's not your style Laragh.

Another awesome chapter Laragh with some sweet romance and Willow getting all vindictive first with stary lady in the cinema then with Danny the pizza boy with hilrious results. Can't wait to see what happens next especially Tara's reaction to peach and pepperoni pizza.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:41 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Great update.

I liked Willow getting her uber-butch on. She should have kicked him in the balls just for shits and giggles :wink !

Tara letting Willow know that yelling at her would not be tolerated made me flash back to Tara having to pull Willow's coat tails, during Family ( I think) , because she yelled at their son. * prays that I am remembering this correctly :pray *

You are doing a FANTASTIC job and I wish you a very speedy recovery :flower .

Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (07/25/12)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:31 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
And how expensive could a salad be?

As long as the restaurant doesn't try to be upscale and put all of those fancy posh trendy greens and exotic veggies on the salad so they can bloody charge $20.00 for it; the same principle as calling ice cream gelatto so you can charge $6.00 for a cup of it.
Quote:
Like I was thinking about kissing you so much that my mind just made it happen.

Yeah well wishing that doesn't make it so for anyone other than Willow cause if it did, I'd be making out with Tara all the time; but I would settle for Amber Benson since Tara is exclusively Willow's.
Quote:
“Maybe they were bored and messing with us was their way of having some fun.”

This is exactly how the cosmic entities pass the time since eternity stretches on and after the first few millennia, ennui sets in and you have to amuse yourself by using humans as playthings in games to deny the opposing entities a moment of success.
Quote:

I do loves me some foreshadowing.
Quote:
“Do you go to the movies a lot?” Tara asked, interested.

I do but the best time I've had in a movie theater is the silent film shoiwng of "Mark's Entrails" in my novel where my hero got to engage in hetero sex with his girlfriend in the balcony; back to me and Amber again.
Quote:
And we don't even have to go to a restaurant, we can just pick up a pizza on the way back. Is that okay?”

They should stop at the concession stand on the way out and buy a gallon of the artificial butter flavoring so every night could be movie night when they watch movies on Willow's laptop and lick the butter off of each other's thighs and stomach.
Quote:
“Uh huh, definitely,” she said, loving the tingle left on her lips, “I love when it does that sideways thing, it makes my belly do flip-flops”

Tara's most endearing non-verbal facial acting is the half-smile and the eyebrow-raise and the eye roll.
Quote:
“It's good, huh?” ...there was definitely a nice flavour and satisfying crunch to what she was eating,

I'm going to stay with the Amber and I pairing since Tara is a one Willow woman as it should be and say that Amber agrees with that assessment when we are alone together; Jonny Colman and Katie Molloy in the balcony of the Paragon Couch Theatre not watching "Mark's Entrails' applies as well with my fantasies of hetero sex acts.
Quote:
Tara looked in the bucket and picked up the last piece, biting off half, then offered Willow the rest. Willow took it between her lips with a blush that was hidden in the darkness.

Just like the scene with the strand of spaghetti in "Lady and the Tramp" only much sexier as Willow and Tara's lips cum together in the salty goodness.
Quote:
Tara smiled demurely and started to move her head back down,

Katie and Jonny sitting in the balcony again to drink from Jonny's flesh straw.
Quote:
“Can we kiss the way we did on the bench?”

vicariously experiencing the tongue ballet between Willow and Tara is one of life's exquisite pleasures.
Quote:
she lifted her hand and raised her middle finger.

Rock on, Willow.
Quote:
This finger is getting plenty of exercise today.

It is always much more pleasurable to have someone else to use the finger on; even if you are your first sexual partner.
Quote:
Tara wordlessly unbuttoned her sweater

I'd like the DVD of this instead.
Quote:
“And stiff as a board?” Willow joked before immediately frowning, “Ew. Gross. I didn’t mean-”

Not only a quote from Goth Wannablessedbe thriller "The Craft" but also a hard-on joke of your own :clap :bow :drool
Quote:
I kinda have a rep to keep up...so do you want to go out next weekend? I, um, do have a life outside of this place sometimes.”

HMMMMMM, how do I put this? I've made a lot of penis jokes in feedback to your stories andhave unrequited lust after Tara like a normal hetero guy has a right to but if i were in that pizza place that night, i would have knocked his block off and I am neither a violent person nor am I physically intimidating in any way.
This sort of troglodyte knuckle-dragging frat boy shite gives the rest of my gender a bad name as I may have my fantasies but would never make an ass of myself in public like that.
I have too much respect for women and was raised in a atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance of all forms of sexual orientation.
Quote:

How can one man be so obtuse?
Quote:
“I believe you, Willow,” she said finally, genuinely, “Oh, but, I don't like to be yelled at. I know we're bound to fight eventually. But I don't like being yelled at.”

That Tara is such a sympathetic and compassionate woman who has a natural affinity for soothing and calming the fears of others especially small children is amazing considering her family upbringing.
Quote:
Back to yours? It's, um, more private.”

Private is good as Tara can make Willow scream her name out loud and it won't bother anyone.

Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (07/25/12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:00 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
I owe better feedback but I can't miss another chance. Lovely kissing. I can't believe willow paid for the pizza but threw it on the floor.

Awesome

Post subject: Re: College Confidential (Prequel to HC/FC) [AU] (08/01/12)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:06 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

vazy

Quote:
I really did not remember the day! Yay Confidential day!

That’s summer for ya! :P

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
First person to say 'Dibs.' Stupid job interview.

I’m sure vazy won’t mind sharing, she’s nice like that!

Quote:
Great first date (except for the 'shhh' lady and Danny :fit )

There’s always a hiccup! But I think they’ve had enough for one night :wink

Quote:
SQUIRREL!

:rofl

Quote:
Seriously, do guys ever really expect this to work???!!!

I’ve been out with couple friends and have seen them try *numerous* times…heck, I even saw a girl try it with two guy friends once!

Quote:
She should have dumped it on his head. Did she at least get her money back?

You know the first draft had her flinging it across the room at him but then I decided that was just a little too violent for Tara for their first date when she’s not used to Willow’s temper yet :P She didn’t get her money back, she was too mad to think about that but she definitely won’t be giving any more to them (maybe she’ll even complain to the manager!)

Quote:
On Jeopardy: 'The swan boats in the Boston Public Gardens are based on this opera where a man arrives on a boat pulled by a swan.' When I saw it, I automatically thought of this fic.

Way cool!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
I really liked their movie date... 3p pizza (peach-pepperoni-pizza) really sounds weird...

Haha, you shound try some 3p! It’s enough for her she ruined his expensive shoes (let’s assume they were expensive to make us all feel better :P)

Quote:
I wish Willow would have dumped the pizza on Danny's head after his moron-of-the-day-moment...

Thanks for your comment!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Ok, last weeks update I read in the hospital and my laughter irritated the person in the next bed... it didn't help that I read it at 2am, but it wasn't like it was loud guffaws if laughter... anyway.

Boo cranky patients.

Quote:
And this week I get to read from my own bed at home, but have my sanity questioned because A) I hadn't made it apparent I was awake, and B) the laughter didn't match the sleep talking I was doing earlier (that HAS to be the drugs, I don't normally talk in my sleep).

Haha!

Quote:
Laragh, this story is so cute, and sweet, I look forward to it. Makes being bed bound more enjoyable by far.

Writing it has been making being bed bound more enjoyable too! Feel better :)

wimpy0729

Quote:
Hey there! Hope you're feeling better.

Thanks!

Quote:
I just wanted to drop in and say how much I'm loving this prequel. This was such a memorable day, for many reasons. I'm soo glad Willow finally stopped over thinking and coming to the wrong conclusions and got brave enough to make the first move. I can totally see them both agonizing over this whole thing. Neither one of them have much or any experience at all in regards to relationships and were just too scared to do the wrong thing and lose what they had. My heart broke when Willow just left Tara hanging for a week after the "friend" comment/misunderstanding, cause I just know she was so alone. So thank God for Becky giving Willow the little nudge to go see her, which led to so much goodness.

I had it in my head I would write some of that ‘abandoned’ week instead of just referencing it, but you’re exactly right, it was too heartbreaking for Tara for me to be able to, so I cheated :P

Quote:
Of course, Willow getting pretty large with the butch on slimy pizza guy made my day. Boy, she really let him have it. Just perfect. And the tirade that led to all the good things she said about Tara was also excellent. The talk after the blow up was very sweet too. So much they have yet to learn about each other, and I'll be right here on the wonderful ride.

She did let him have it! Hate on her, she’ll flip you the bird, hate on Tara, well, she’ll just flip the fuck out. They do have lots to learn and I’m looking forward to the ride and having you along for it!

Quote:
Thanks for the great update. Can't wait to see what happens next.

I hope you enjoy their journey!

willowtaralover

Quote:
Hey Laragh First off I just wanted to say that I hope you're a lot better now and aren't stuck in hospital but happily convalescing at home watching all your favourite Tara and Willow moments on your Buffy dvd's.

Aww, thank you! I’m home and feeling a little better :)

Quote:
Secondly thank you for writing this story. I know you've reallyonly just started it but you write some of the best W/T fan-fiction I've ever read and I bow down before your greatness oh awesome one

Aw shucks :blush Glad you’re enjoying it :)

Quote:
Uh oh, why do I get the feeling that some money problems are going to get in the way of the girls blossoming relationship. Willow may want to pay for things for them both a lot more and Tara may take some offence at this, feeling that she should be able to pay towards some costs herself.

I think they can work it out. Willow’s aware of Tara’s situation/feelings about the issue and I think she’ll do her best to respect that.

Quote:
It's nice that Tara is so understanding about the fake date Willow tried to set up on Valentine's. If I ask nicely do you think Willow will allow Tara to adopt me

Haha, maybe if you beg and plead :P

Quote:
I really like your foreshadowing here for what will happen in 'Hacker' when they get married there in the park.

It’s a lot of fun being able to write knowing *exactly* how things pan out.

Quote:
Love Willow's geeking over 'Men in Black 1' and her astonishment that Tara hasn't seen it but why does she have part two saved, it's nowhere near as good as the original?

Because she’s OCD about things like that lol

Quote:
Awwwwwwwwww, more Willow/Tara sweetness. what all Kitten's love.

:D

Quote:
How freaky can it be, having someone stare at you while you're smooching with your honey. And surely the back row of the cinema was invented for smooching with your boy/girlfriend.

You would think!

Quote:
Correction: having a HOT girlfriend brings all the jerks out to play.

Ha! Probably true!

Quote:
Nice of Tara to offer her sweater to Willow. A very couple-y thing to do that helps cement Tara as a part of the relationship.

Good observation!

Quote:
Peaches and pepperoni on pizza?????? Ewwww.

Have you ever tried it? :wink

Quote:
Beware the anger of Tara, especially when lusting after Willow.

Ain’t that the truth!

Quote:
Looked up the name Danny in my dictionary, it said 'Prick who thinks with his penis in his pants as opposed to his brain'. Willow's rant at him as well was hilarious, one of the funniest things I've ever read.

That sounds like the right definition!

Quote:
Tara making Willow promise never to yell at her when they have a fight is more foreshadowing. This time of Tara's past and her family but are they going to turn up to try and torment her? I don't think so, it's not your style Laragh.

No, no, no. Even if a cruel streak overtook me, it’s established Tara doesn’t meet her Dad again until Hacker, she has no brother in this verse, her only other relatives are Michelle who doesn’t show up ‘til then either.

Quote:
Another awesome chapter Laragh with some sweet romance and Willow getting all vindictive first with stary lady in the cinema then with Danny the pizza boy with hilrious results. Can't wait to see what happens next especially Tara's reaction to peach and pepperoni pizza.

Glad you enjoyed it and hope you continue to! :D

Grimm

Quote:
I liked Willow getting her uber-butch on. She should have kicked him in the balls just for shits and gigles !

Haha! Well he deserved it for sure, but I don’t think Tara would have appreciated the aggressiveness.

Quote:
Tara letting Willow know that yelling at her would not be tolerated made me flash back to Tara having to pull Willow's coat tails, during Family ( I think) , because she yelled at their son. * prays that I am remembering this correctly *

You are remembering correctly! Tara doesn’t like yelling, at all!

Quote:
You are doing a FANTASTIC job and I wish you a very speedy recovery .

Why thank you, I’m feeling much better!

taralicious

Quote:
As long as the restaurant doesn't try to be upscale and put all of those fancy posh trendy greens and exotic veggies on the salad so they can bloody charge $20.00 for it; the same principle as calling ice cream gelatto so you can charge $6.00 for a cup of it.

Preach, brotha’ :wink

Quote:
Yeah well wishing that doesn't make it so for anyone other than Willow cause if it did, I'd be making out with Tara all the time; but I would settle for Amber Benson since Tara is exclusively Willow's.

Hey, you’re learning! :D

Quote:
This is exactly how the cosmic entities pass the time since eternity stretches on and after the first few millennia, ennui sets in and you have to amuse yourself by using humans as playthings in games to deny the opposing entities a moment of success.

Can’t blame them really

Quote:
I do loves me some foreshadowing.

:D

Quote:
I do but the best time I've had in a movie theater is the silent film shoiwng of "Mark's Entrails" in my novel where my hero got to engage in hetero sex with his girlfriend in the balcony; back to me and Amber again.

Haha and ew in equal measures.

Quote:
They should stop at the concession stand on the way out and buy a gallon of the artificial butter flavoring so every night could be movie night when they watch movies on Willow's laptop and lick the butter off of each other's thighs and stomach.

I can think of better things to lick off someone than butter.

Quote:
Tara's most endearing non-verbal facial acting is the half-smile and the eyebrow-raise and the eye roll.

All in equal measure!

Quote:
I'm going to stay with the Amber and I pairing since Tara is a one Willow woman as it should be and say that Amber agrees with that assessment when we are alone together; Jonny Colman and Katie Molloy in the balcony of the Paragon Couch Theatre not watching "Mark's Entrails' applies as well with my fantasies of hetero sex acts.

I’ll leave you alone with your hetero sex :P

Quote:
Just like the scene with the strand of spaghetti in "Lady and the Tramp" only much sexier as Willow and Tara's lips cum together in the salty goodness.

…was that a penis gag? (pun intended ;) )

Quote:
Katie and Jonny sitting in the balcony again to drink from Jonny's flesh straw.

Okay, stop it now :P

Quote:
vicariously experiencing the tongue ballet between Willow and Tara is one of life's exquisite pleasures.

Ain’t it just?

Quote:
Rock on, Willow.

Indeed!

Quote:
It is always much more pleasurable to have someone else to use the finger on; even if you are your first sexual partner.

:lol

Quote:
I'd like the DVD of this instead.

Wouldn’t we all?

Quote:
Not only a quote from Goth Wannablessedbe thriller "The Craft" but also a hard-on joke of your own :clap :bow :drool

Thank you, thank you. You inspire me.

Quote:
HMMMMMM, how do I put this? I've made a lot of penis jokes in feedback to your stories andhave unrequited lust after Tara like a normal hetero guy has a right to but if i were in that pizza place that night, i would have knocked his block off and I am neither a violent person nor am I physically intimidating in any way.
This sort of troglodyte knuckle-dragging frat boy shite gives the rest of my gender a bad name as I may have my fantasies but would never make an ass of myself in public like that.
I have too much respect for women and was raised in a atmosphere of tolerance and acceptance of all forms of sexual orientation.

Willow and Tara appreciate your defence! I promise there’ll be some ‘nice’ guys portrayed too!

Quote:
How can one man be so obtuse?

Some guys (and plenty of girls!) only think with one thing

Quote:
That Tara is such a sympathetic and compassionate woman who has a natural affinity for soothing and calming the fears of others especially small children is amazing considering her family upbringing.

All that happened to her could have swung either way but she’s strong enough that she can bring a positive from it!

Quote:
Private is good as Tara can make Willow scream her name out loud and it won't bother anyone.

Haha, not yet, but they’ll get there!

JustSkipIt -

Quote:
I owe better feedback but I can't miss another chance. Lovely kissing.

Glad you thought so! It's always quite lovely to write it.

Quote:
I can't believe willow paid for the pizza but threw it on the floor.

Awesome

That temper could end up costing her a lot of money :P

Update On Next Page

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 832 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next