The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: WOW!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:46 pm 
I keep finding new stories, good ones even... amazing :) The title with 'short fic' in it had me fooled for a while. Then I noticed who wrote it and figured it wouldn't be that short. Even noticed you seem to have another fic out there which I haven't found yet ('Normality' I think it was), will have to look that one up soonish.

Anyway... all the way back around chapter #1 I intially thought Tara was telling the story :) . I think that has to do with how I can more easily see Tara as motherly. Hmm.. that sounds wrong. Willow can be a good mother too obviously... it's just that since I had to guess I thought it was Tara :lol . It also didn't help that Joshua's eyes are blue and Willow referred to her mother/parents as being involved and helpfull :) . Good thing she did have cooperative parents, raising a child entirely alone would have been difficult.

Thats the one 'disadvantage' (story-wise) so to speak of Tara working with MR kids, with Joshua even. She already knows and can handle the fact that Joshy is retarded. When we didn't know Tara's job yet I was wondering how that would go down. It's good for Willow of course, she doesn't need an extra hurdle in her life... she needs an understanding girlfriend :) .

I might have missed this, but how did Willow know Tara is gay ?? She does think about early on like "I couldn't help but notice her smile at the realization that we had yet another thing in common"... but how did she know that ? Advanced GayDar perhaps ? :lol .

My sister works in pretty much the same type of center Tara does, though her kids tend to be agressive as well. I would never have enough patience to handle such kids, so I applaud anyone who can and does. I suppose it would be different if it were my son/daughter, patience can be surpisingly increased when it concerns your own child as Willow noted :-)

I had to look up Cerebral Palsy, seems being over 2 years old is actually a good thing considering proper diagnosing Josh. Rather generic term CP, he can still have CP and be fairly well off. For some reason I confused CP with Cystic Fibrosis, likely because my sister has some kids in her class with it. Got me all worried for Willow and Joshua (better not shorten that to Josh on this board, heh) though. Coming from that angle, CP isn't too bad :geek . Of course no parent wishes any illness on their kids, besides Joshua has (had) enough already.

I liked those little moments were Willow almost radiates her love for Joshua. Hard to describe, but you manage anyway... :)

Enough rambling already, keep the updates coming I say :bounce

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 4/26/04 3:53 pm

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 2:13 pm 
Replies...

Rane018 -- Thank you for showing me this wonderful place. If it hadn't been for you, I would never have known it existed. As for the fic... Thank you, I'm glad that you appreciate the realism... I actually do work at it. There is a fine line to walk between tiptoeing on eggshells and melodrama, I've tried to develop my skills at staying balanced. And yes, please do drop me a line the next time you are in town :)

WillowPowered -- I am feeling comparatively better now, thanks. Take my advice, never get food poisoning, it's not nearly as fun as is implied on the brochure.

veiled isis moon -- I'm glad that I am able to write a story that you can connect to on such a personal level. As you said, I have never been afraid of tackling the tricky subjects. I feel this is mostly because I am always continuing to challenge myself creatively... which can be tough sometimes when you find yourself writing in a comfort zone. Glad you like it!

pipsberg -- HA! Hooked you again... my evil plan is working.... soon I shall have you all hooked... and then... I shall TAKE OVER THE WORLD!!! Either that or try to convince you all to visit Las Vegas for the premiere my latest show... ya know... whichever.

shuyaku -- Ah... I understand the pains of internet withdrawal... take two mocha espressos and call me in the morning.... that is if you've managed to not eat your phone and half your wallpaper in the sugar/caffiene rush.

Shy One -- Thank you. :)

Grimlock72 -- Allow me to answer each of your concerns on a line item basis.
Quote:
you seem to have another fic out there which I haven't found yet ('Normality' I think it was), will have to look that one up soonish.
You should...only...that's not my fic. That's Magrat70's fic... The fics I currently have in progress here are: "The Heart Rules the Mind", "Broadway Baby" and "A Normal Life" All of which are in desperate need of an update... mea culpa, mea culpa
Quote:
I intially thought Tara was telling the story
This is good... because I wanted it to be unclear at first who the narrator was. I'm sorry Josh's eyes being blue threw you off... but...last time I checked... all babies eyes are blue, regardless of race or their parent's genetic disposition... in fact, eye color isn't completely settled on until after a child leaves infancy.... but still, sorry it confused you.
Quote:
Thats the one 'disadvantage' (story-wise) so to speak of Tara working with MR kids
... Okay... now you've got me stumped. Because, I would have thought... being the author and all... that it was actually advantageous to the plotline and the progression of the story that Tara works with MR children...it establishes a perfect set-up for them meeting, getting along, pursuing a relationship... but... I just write the stuff.
Quote:
I might have missed this, but how did Willow know Tara is gay ??
Yep, you missed it... in the first chapter Willow notes (in narrative), "I couldn’t help but notice the rainbow beaded necklace resting at the base of her throat."
Quote:
better not shorten that to Josh on this board, heh
I think you mean Joss... Josh should be safe.
Quote:
Rather generic term CP, he can still have CP and be fairly well off
Actually...it's not that generic a term. There are four types of CP all varying in severity... but they all stem from the same commonality which is an injury to the brain either before, during or immediately after birth which causes the brain to be unable to coordinate certain muscle movements. You are right, however, in saying that having CP isn't necessarily a terrible thing... AppleSauceHorsies would be glad to enlighten you further, I'm sure.
Quote:
I liked those little moments where Willow almost radiates her love for Joshua. Hard to describe, but you manage anyway...
Thank you, Grimmy, that's really sweet of you to say.

I am working on an update right now.. hoping to have it posted tonight.

Cheers

DW :pride

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:13 pm 
Show in Vegas? What show? Dancing ladies? =))

I hope you're feeling better DW. You need to get back to that taking over the world stuff.. You're good at it, like the Brain (I'm like Pinky).

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

Post subject: Where is the update? A very good question...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 10:34 pm 
pipsberg -- Thanks!! I am feeling loads better... I'm hyper active even.....

So...where is the update? Well... thanks to my profound stupidity... I left it at work.... AGAIN!!!!

AAARRRGGG :gnome

So...update tomorrow.

Cheers

DW

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout."

Post subject: Re: Where is the update? A very good question...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 4:36 am 
DW,

Quote:
.. Okay... now you've got me stumped. Because, I would have thought... being the author and all... that it was actually advantageous to the plotline and the progression of the story that Tara works with MR children...it establishes a perfect set-up for them meeting, getting along, pursuing a relationship... but... I just write the stuff.

Can't have you all stumped of course, so I'll attempt to explain myself better :) . When I started reading this story and learned about Joshua's problems I was wondering how Willow's future girlfriend would react to those. Willow herself also comments on how most people tend to run away when they find out about Joshua being different. Obviously with Tara already working with such kids all day it won't be a problem for her :) Less angst for Willow, which I suppose is a Good Thing, heh.

I'm probably dense or something but I didn't connect " rainbow beaded necklace " and being gay, probably just me :lol .

P.S. Sorry to get _A Normal Life_ confused with the other story, have to read _ A Normal Life_ one day, I can be very patient in regard to updates.... honest I can :lol

Grimmy

--
"You hurt Tara," Willow said too calmly. "The last one who tried that was a god. I made her regret it." -- Unexpected Consequences by Lisa of Nine

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 4/29/04 3:40 am

Post subject: Update 4/29/04
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 9:31 pm 
Sorry for the delay... here's the update.

I awoke slowly, my sand-filled mind not wanting to leave the contentment of such a peaceful slumber. My senses stirred independently of each other, slowly coming together to compliment each other and create a full picture of my environment. The first to stir was my sense of touch. I felt how my body was positioned, on its right side, my left arm extended and curled around something warm, my nose pressed up lightly against something preternaturally soft and smooth, my legs tangled around the soft sheets of my bed, the fabric lightly draped over my body, coming to rest just below my breasts. Next my sense of smell activated, inundating my nostrils with a bouquet of olfactory flavors: citrus, lavender, mint, and the unmistakable musky odor of a night’s spent lust. My ears opened and I listened to the sound of the morning breeze kissing at the window screen, the coo of a pair of morning doves outside and maybe a sparrow as well, inside the room I was aware of the soft rustling of sheets, the soothing sound of deep and steady breathing, the hum of electricity, the purr of air conditioning, and the gentle buzz from the baby monitor on my night stand. My taste buds came alive, and I swallowed uncomfortably, smacking my lips together a little, morning breath something I never had been able to stand, particularly my own. I kept my mouth shut and consciously forced myself to breath through my nose, a temporary remedy to the otherwise only unpleasant sensation so far. I urged my eyelids to unlatch and blink open, taking a moment to focus at the image in front of me. The smooth expanse of alabaster skin that my nose was pressed against belonged to Tara’s back, the warmth I had my arm wrapped around her body and the sweet scent I was inhaling was distinctly her own, a combination of shampoo, body wash, perfume and something that was exclusively hers. The sound of steady breathing mirrored the gentle rise and fall of her chest as I felt it press against and away from my hand in a slow rhythm.

I shifted a little, languidly stretching my legs and arching my back, my arm tightening its hold across her abdomen. I felt her stir against me, a delightful sigh escaping her lips as she swam toward wakefulness. We simply lay there silently for a long time, both our consciousness’s equally muted by early morning haze.

I was the first to make any sort of progression, subtle as it may have been. With my nose already pressed firmly up against Tara’s shoulder blade, it was no surprise that my lips easily gravitated forward to press against the soft skin there. As if spurred by this simple action, Tara twisted in my arms, rolling on her opposite side to face me, her gaze mere inches from my own, my left arm still draped across her waist.

“Morning,” she said softly, blinking at me adorably through heavy-lidded blue eyes.

“Morning,” I echoed, my voice cracking a little, not quite ready yet to be used.

We lay there gazing sleepily into each other’s eyes. She reached up with her right hand and brushed a few strands of hair from off my forehead. I cringed internally as I thought how horrible the rest of my hair must look; it was always a wild bird’s nest in the morning. Unlike how I imagined my own, Tara’s hair was tousled, but in no way messy, framing her face nicely in a supple halo of golden blonde.

“Sleep okay?” she asked sweetly.

“Mm-hmm,” I sighed, my lips curling into a soft smile. I leaned forward and delicately captured her mouth with my own, sharing a few gentle good morning kisses before I pulled away again, satisfied grin happily in place. My eyes drifted shut lazily, too heavy to be kept open.

Tara placed her hand on my shoulder and ran her fingers back and forth lightly over my skin. “What did you want to do today?” she asked, seemingly innocent.

I let out a dry throated chuckle. “Oh,” I said, “I can think of a few things…”

“Really,” she replied in a coy sounding voice, “and what might those be?” It was obvious she was smiling as she spoke.

I opened my eyes and regarded her Cheshire grin with one of my one. “Well, for the first one, we don’t even have to get out of bed…”

“Mmm… I like this plan,” she purred as we leaned in toward each other and began to kiss again, this time more passionately. The thought of morning breath flashed quickly through my mind, but was quickly dismissed because certain things stop me thinking completely and it just so happened that Tara had shown herself to be an expert in all of them.

I tightened my hold on her, pressing her upper body firmly against my own as her right hand began to wander down my side to the edge of the sheet that had now fallen to my waist.

“The cow says… moo…”

“Huh?” Tara asked, reluctantly pulling away.

I couldn’t help but giggle a little at the audio intrusion. “It’s the baby monitor,” I explained, “Josh must be up and playing.”

“I didn’t think he could get out of bed on his own,” Tara puzzled.

“He can’t,” I replied, “I attached some toys along the wall against his bed so that he just has to reach out to play with them.”

“And one of them happens to be a ‘Spin and Say’,” she concluded.

“The duck goes… quack…” the mechanized voice filtered through the small monitor speaker.

“Yep,” I confirmed needlessly. “It keeps him occupied for a little while.”

Tara’s hand resumed it’s languid journey stroking down my side. She gazed up at me through her eyelashes and inquired huskily, “How long is a little while?”

“Mmm,” I sighed, moving in once more, “long enough…”

We met again, our lips tangoing against each other, our tongues sparring in the middle. I gripped my hand against the smooth skin of her back, my fingernails digging in slightly. I felt her hand finally descend beneath the fabric on my hip, caressing the curve of my ass and squeezing slightly.

Suddenly, almost inexplicably, I felt overwhelming and confused emotions rush through my body in a torrent. I pulled away from our kisses, realizing I couldn’t do this again yet, not with so many unanswered questions still whirling through my mind. Tara looked at me intently, her hand stilled on the outside of my upper thigh, her brow knitted in confusion and concern.

“What’s wrong?” She asked, her worry clearly evident in her tone.

“I...I can’t, “ I sputtered, looking down and away. “Not yet.”

Tara was quiet a moment, absorbing this. It was obvious she didn’t know what to say. I couldn’t blame her, after all, I was the one who had started things, it’s no wonder she was so mystified by my sudden halt.

“I need to know what this is,” I tried to explain, looking deeply into her eyes, “I need to know what last night was… and I need you to be honest with me.” I paused, letting my words settle a moment before continuing, “I have to be careful… for Joshua… for me too, I guess… but mostly for him. He likes you so much already.”

I watched as a glimmer of recognition flashed across the landscape of her eyes. “So tell me,” I went on, “what happened last night?”

“What happened last night…” she reluctantly began, echoing my words, “was…” She drifted off, as though she were trying to find the right words, or trying to admit to something that she didn’t want to. I stayed silent, my gaze locked on her face with almost animalistic intensity. “What happened last night was,” she repeated, then exhaled the answer grudgingly with a sigh, “sex.” My face must have fallen, because she quickly went on to explain, “but not just sex. It may have started out that way… but that’s not how it finished.” Tara looked at me, and I looked at her, wordless in my urgings that she should continue. “It wasn’t making love… but it wasn’t just casual sex. It was something in the middle. Like… leaving from a station and being halfway to your destination… like you’re on your way…”

“And this morning?” I asked, wanting to know if her feelings had changed.

“Still traveling,” she answered, “but getting closer.” She let a lopsided grin escape onto the corner of her mouth. I smiled and blushed a little, ducking my head bashfully. “And what about you,” she asked, “what do you feel?”

“Last night I wasn’t sure,” I replied, “I was so caught up in the moment… I hadn’t had… in a long time… and it was nice to just give into the feeling. I was so turned by the fact that someone actually found me attractive enough to want to sleep with me…and the fact that someone also happened to be the most beautiful, kind, thoughtful, amazing woman in the world who my son seems to adore…made the whole thing almost too good to be true… and then this morning…”

“You thought that maybe it was,” Tara finished for me.

“Yeah,” I admitted with a sigh.

“Before the thoughts this morning… what were the feelings?”

“When I woke up pressed against you, it felt so… like it was something that had always been, “ I tried to explain, “like, we’ve always been as we are now… and waking up with you in my arms felt…wonderfully routine.” I watched as her grin broadened across her face. “What about you?” I asked.

“Me too,” she answered simply.

I reached up and touched my finger to her chin, drawing a line along her jaw up to her ear, before turning my hand and cupping her cheek, caressing her lower lip with the pad of my thumb. She kissed it softly.

“But, please understand,” I advised gently, “I still have to be careful… for my son.”

“What will it take for me to convince you that this isn’t just a weekend fling?” she inquired seriously.

I gazed deeply into her eyes, easily finding the sincerity inside. I smiled wistfully and leaned forward, kissing her lightly before pulling back and answering, “Still be here on Monday.”

TBC...

Post subject: Re: Update 4/29/04
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:35 pm 
Yay ... an update! You remembered it today... :bounce

That was so sweet ... :heart

I can not wait to see what the rest of the weekend brings... Update soon, please.

~Mikaelah

Willow: "Where would you go? If you felt lost and alone? ..."

Tara: "To You..."

~~Truly and Forever~~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:23 pm 
That was so wondefully sweet :heart Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:38 am 
Quote:
I gazed deeply into her eyes, easily finding the sincerity inside. I smiled wistfully and leaned forward, kissing her lightly before pulling back and answering, “Still be here on Monday.”

Loved this. Wonderful update. :heart

s79

I look at horses and I see really big ponies.

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:01 am 
Hey DW :bigwave

Glad you're feeling better.

Lovely update.

I knew they would have to have the talk , and I liked how they were able to express their feelings and concerns, and it was nice how waking up together felt so natural for them.

I just remembered, I don't think Tara ever got her "happy" did she? That just seems so not fair! But you alone wield the power to help her with that. Go you!!

More soon please!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:19 am 
"the cow says moooo" :lol :lol that was fun. Entirely new way to be interrupted too, heh.

This: "someone actually found me attractive enough to want to sleep with me" me feel sorry for Willow. Surely she can't believe she's not attractive enough to be wanted? Sure she doesn't have much time for a social life, between taking care of Josh, working and going to school. Besides which, I generally frown when people talk themselves down like that.

Nothing inherently wrong with (having) sex of course. It's one way to start a relationship, provided both women want one, heh :) . Willow and Tara will have to sort of go with the flow and see if it all works out.

I do wonder if having Joshua in Tara's class/group will be a problem when she and Willow are practically living together. I suppose Tara will be carefull to avoid playing favourites, just wondering how that goes. (schools I know tend to place kids in a class their mother is not teaching/leading)

Ah well, thanks for the sweet update.

Edited to fix some parts which ezboard appearantly ate...

Grimmy

--

Edited by: Grimlock72 at: 5/4/04 3:17 pm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:39 am 
Hey:wave

Very sweet update! I liked how Tara how was trying to explain that it wasn't just sex and there's some true feelings there. Keep up the great work:clap

:D

"I'd cry..i would die if i lost you"-Alex Parks...I love you, baby!

Post subject: Beautiful!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:24 am 
Hey DW! :bigwave

That was absolutely beautiful! *big sigh*

So very sweet, I can't wait for more!

:applause :banana :applause :banana

Shy One

:shy

Post subject: Re: New Short Fic: "Special"
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:17 am 
Absolutely beautiful. :heart

*lil´c*

"Okay, we’re here, we’re queer, let’s kick this shit into gear," Five by Five (Taras Shadow)

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 6:12 pm 
DW, I loved the update. Coming off of being ill, that was pretty impressive! I like vunerable Willow... it will be nice to see their trust develop.

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:56 pm 
Oh, DW...Who of us hasn't tried to seduce a woman with the timeless words: "The cow goes moo"? Works every time...

OK, so it's late and I'm not done packing for my trip tomorrow and I thought, "I'll just skim Pens really quickly" and damn if I don't find this story and hey, it's a DarkWiccan story, I have to check it out; my life will be a sham if I don't check it out; so I check it out and I immediately fall in love w/ it.

You know, you have a real gift of creating new settings and stories while retaining the essence of the women we love. It takes a deft touch, and it's a joy to read. The idea of Josh as a conduit; Willow being smitten but never losing sight of her son (the scene where Tara broached the possibility of CP was esp. powerful); and the hot, hot sex...Oh my...(Note to self: place keys in pocket, have hands full and need help from attractive woman in whom I'm interested.) I also like the pace you're establishing, and Tara's honesty about what the night at least initially meant to her.

Thanks for sharing this, DW. What a treat...

Mary

Post subject: Replies
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:25 pm 
First of all everyone seriously needs to check out my wicked cool fic site Shadows and Light. Thanks to ubercool Washi for gifting me with this awesome, AWESOME little home to call my own. It's still under construction, so not all of the links work just yet... but you must stop by to at least check out my new digs... and my nifty blog...which I think most, if not all, of you will get a kick out of.

And Now....Replies:

Mikaelah Braenna -- Yup, third time's the charm, I guess... but I finally remembered to email myself. Glad you liked it :D

sam darls -- Thank you :)

snuggle79 -- Glad you liked that bit. That almost wasn't the final "button" to the scene. Originally I had them going on for a couple more sentences to a different "button".... but after reading and re-reading...I discovered I liked the "Monday" line better... and to continue past it would have been redundant. So yay that it worked out.

Grimlock72 -- Good points, Grimmy. Willow's concern about her unattractiveness (which I agree is wholly unfounded on her part) stems from past experiences where she found herself being turned down by women whom she was interested in. But, this wasn't b/c she was unattractive, but rather b/c most folks, no matter how well-meaning, tend to find themselves overwhelmed at the prospect of dealing with someone who is disabled... and to be in a relationship with the Willow in this story would be a full time commitment to both her and Josh almost immediately. But if you were constantly turned down by the people you were interested in, wouldn't you start to think something was wrong with *you*, whether physically or otherwise? It's no different with Willow, especially since she would never, ever, EVER blame her son for her difficulties in finding a relationship. But never fear, I am pretty sure that Tara is going to do wonders for her self-esteem :) As far as Josh staying in Tara's care group at work.... he will. Unlike normal school environments, in a therapeutic or rehabilitative environment, you want to keep your "clients" as comfortable and calm as possible. With Josh's affinity for Tara, he would have been kept in her group anyway, and Tara is clear-minded enough to be aware of playing favorites. At the facility where I work, we have alot of family members who are employees, (ie sisters working with disabled brothers, mothers working with children, etc) so it's not unheard of and actually tends to work out pretty well. :)

wimpy0729 -- Hehe... will Tara get her "happy". LOL Well... given that she and Willow are now exploring a relationship, I think I can guarantee that the answer is yes... whether or not it will be "onscreen" however is another story. This little tale is more about Willow and her son, with Tara slowly becoming apart of their family unit.... so the focus isn't so much... um... boinking. Hehe.

just kazy -- Sometimes people meet and have sex and then wake up the next morning going, "well, that was fun... I'll call you." Others wake up and go, "I LOVE you with all of my soul and my being... let's get married!" But most of the time they wake up and look at each other and say, "Now what?" I really wanted to explore the "now what?" with W and T. I'm glad you liked it :)

Shy One -- Thank you :)

littlecrazy80 -- Littlecrazy80, meet justkazy...justkazy, littlecrazy80. I have now performed my work as matchmaker... go in peace and insanity. :D

pipsberg -- Thanks! It's not so much that Willow is vulnerable, as she is incredibly protective of her son... and understandably so. I must admit i love the Willow in this story... if I do say so myself :)

AntigoneUnbound -- Oh, Mary...Mary... be still my heart.. you are in my thread... your return to DCP makes me so incredibly happy. I am so giddy with glee that you like my story. You RAWK! I am LOVING "As Time Goes By"!! P.S. Have a safe trip to where ever you are going!

Cheers

Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 1:44 pm 
DW, You have managed to make this latest update even better than the previous ones. The switch is pace is handled masterfully, as it always is with you.

I love the way Willow wakes up so peacefully, the events of the previous night slowly filtering into her mind. It was so real, I felt like I was there. The events unfolded beautifully.

The sudden realilzation of what has gone on between the two of them interupting their peaceful wake up. Amazing. You really get the feeling that they are falling in love, but not there yet. And as such, there is just the right amount of uncertainty. As well as their senses being muted because they have just woken up.

"The cow goes moo" at just that moment interjected just the right amount of humor to make me smile. Again, something so small made the scene come to life, brought it out of the realm of pure wonderful fiction, and into something real and tangible.

And finally, “Still be here on Monday.” That line made my heart swell to read. It was the perfect way to end the update. Both loving, and reassuring. The promise of better things to come. Besides your poetic and creative writing that is. I will be eagerly awaiting your next update.

Happy Beltaine and Blessed Be,

Sarah

Post subject: Quick Reply
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 9:42 am 
Quick Reply:

Oracle of Magic -- Thank you for such concise feedback. I find it interesting that you mentioned that the girls' senses seemed "muted" from having just woken up. Thank you for noticing this... I was concerned that it might be misread as them "lacking emotion". Good to know that it read how I had planned. Thanks!!

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Quick Reply
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 11:14 am 
Hey DW,

Breathing a big sigh of relief here. I saw that you had posted on all four of your fics and thought, "she's saying that she's taking a break and leaving all these unfinished." Glad to hear you are just posting a status type thing. I'm looking forward to the completion of this. Debra

Oppose the Federal Marriage Amendment

Post subject: Holy FUCK *claps frantic*
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 2:12 pm 
Hey DW:)

I read ur story in one go and i am kinda speechless! I love ur story and i have to say, that this is one of the best i´ve ever read!:clap Sometimes i have this problem that i get bored during an update, but that never happend with urs. I was kinda distracted by the music that i listend to...REM, Evanescence all those songs fitted so well to ur updates. And i was lost in day/evening dreams. I felt how Tara hugged Willow from behind, all those things! UR story is drop-dead gorgeous.:heart It seems to me that Willow, Tara and Josh are a "real" family, ur writing style is just WOWY...*bows*

Hehe and i have to say that i see myself and my girl in Willow and Tara (the sex scene) it was nice to read it:p

I hope u will post ur next update kinda NOWISH, cuz i am ADDICTED u damn girl :rage lol jk...i just have to admit that i :love ur story

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

ps. sorry for all those mistakes, i am not used to write such a long post...hope u still got what i meant to say:p

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

Edited by: Stroke of Luck at: 5/3/04 1:13 pm

Post subject: Better Late Then Never
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 10:38 am 
DW,

I know I've been away for way too long when I find that you've written this many updates to this woderful story and I'm just now finding it.:blush

For someone who thinks they don't write well in first person, I'm here to argue that point. This is wonderful and while different than your usual style, it's equally as captivating.

Also...I totally get which part was difficult to write for you.:devil Of course I had to read it twice. The first time I couldn't get your description of your inner dialogue, while writing that particular section, out of my head and I kept having this humorous image of you sitting in front of the computer stressing about the physical logistics of the situation...and I kept giggling. Yes...dammit...you made me giggle.:p Of course once I got that out of my system I went back and read it again to just enjoy the scene.

I do have to say that while I hate cliffhangers, I loved the way you ended the last section with "Still be here on Monday." It was filled with equal parts hope and fear and I just ached for Willow.

I can't wait to read the conclusion. Thanks for writing this and again my most humble apologies for being so late to the thread.

-E

Post subject: Re: Epilogue Part A
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:48 pm 
DW,

The wife is awesome...as always, and 3 of the 4 furry kids are good...one of the pups has a bad foot for which she'll be having surgery on Friday.:(

I'm on a roll with reading your updates. Yes, guilty as charged...Time Quake remains my favorite...but it's so hard to chose just one as all your stories are fantastic.

As far as this thread goes, I love the ending and can't wait to read the epilogue. I'm seeing a baby in the future for W&T...maybe playing into yet another story...or maybe a vignette?:flirt

Thanks for the update...it was a nice break after a really long meeting. I hope your Monday is going well.

-E

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 2:55 pm 
Hi

WOW! We moved along quite a bit there, but not too much so it was confusing. It was still written incredibly well as usual.

I'm so happy there're married, and the way Tara proposed was very sweet, i loved it! Asking Joshua but still talking loud enough so Willow could hear, awwwwww.

Oh, and they want another baby!Perfect!

Michelle

Post subject: Epilogue Part A
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 3:10 pm 
Hey Kittens... first some quick replies:

JustSkipIt -- Glad to have pleasantly surprised you. I have no intention of abandoning any of my fics currently posted. It's just a matter of everyone being patient with me as I work on them and try to create half decent updates.

Stroke of Luck -- Wow... what an effusive response. I'm glad that you like the story so much. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Also glad you felt you could intimately relate to W/T... although... we may have treaded into the territory of "overshare" ;) :D

Always E -- Dude! Good to see you! You have to check out my new site Shadows and Light! I think you'll really like it. Especially my blog!! Anyway, on to actually responding to your post.... This is only the second time I have written in first person... the last one being my fic "Time Quake"... which I think you mentioned liking.... something about it being your favorite... I'm not sure ;) Of course, this is waaay different b/c this time I'm writing from Willow's POV instead of an outsider's... This fic actually started out as a monologue idea I had been playing around with... and then it just took off and next thing I knew... it had turned into yet another W/T story... it's really weird how this seems to continually happen to me. C'est la vie... I guess. How's the wife and furry kids? Take care!

Okay... I am sorry it's taken me a few days to post this... but I am having some difficulty with this dern epilogue... which is why I have chosen to break it into two parts... this post being Part "A"... and the subsequent update... to be posted once it is finished... being Part "B".... gosh aren't I clever.... sigh...

So here is Part "A". Enjoy!

And Tara was there on Monday. And the Monday after that... and the Monday after that. She was there with me when Josh was finally diagnosed with Ataxic Cerebral Palsy, the rarest, and thankfully mildest, type of CP, affecting his depth perception and balance. He would still be able to walk, but always with some difficulty, almost like being in a permanent state of vertigo. His doctor assured me though that because Joshua had never, and would never, know anything different he would most likely find a way to adapt to his ailment and not be troubled by it. Still, the news that my son had yet another diagnosis, yet another disability, caused me to fall into a moderate depression where I most likely would have stayed, if it had not been for Tara's constant presence, her reassurance and her attentiveness to both myself and my son.

She was there when my four year-old Joshua uttered his first word, surpising us all at that Thanksgiving's dinner. He had been contemplating his plate in front of him, filled with thinly sliced bits of turkey, a dollop of cranberry sauce and a small serving of mashed potatoes when he softly stated, "soup." I remember freezing mid-action, my turkey-filled fork half-way to my mouth, and looking at him next to me with wide, almost disbelieving, eyes.

"What, honey?" I had asked, unsure of my own hearing. He was silent again, and I started to think it had been my imagination when Tara spoke up from his other side, "What did you say, J.J.?", she urged. Everyone at the table was still, my parents, friends and a few other relatives, all sat with breaths held, waiting.

Agonizingly slow seconds passed until quietly, Josh spoke again, "soup," he reiterated, his face pensive as he stared at his food. My hand shot up and clasped over my mouth, even as tears started to well at the rims of my eyes.

"I think he wants soup," Tara announced through a watery smile, her eyes misting over as well. I swallowed the emotional lump in my throat even as my tears finally spilled over onto my cheeks, "Is that right, baby? You want soup?" I asked, trying to suppress the hiccoughs caused by the overwhelming rush of happy-tears. Joshua nodded his head once in affirmation. "Soup it is!" My mother exclaimed, leaping out of her seat, also crying. "Today, J.J., my darling, you can have whatever you ask for!" She went on, practically diving for the kitchen door to begin making the now sacred soup.

Everyone at the table broke into applause and cheers, I leaned over and kissed Joshua soundly on the cheek, my tears falling onto his face, he wiped them away with an annoyed expression which only caused me to laugh at his cuteness, and apparent dismissal of this historic moment. Tara ran her fingers affectionately through his hair, kissing the top of his head, and then leaned over and up to quickly capture my lips, my son patiently waiting for his soup beneath us.

My father raised his glass, and everyone at the table followed suit, including Tara and I once we had parted. "To soup!" he proudly toasted. "To soup!" We all echoed, laughter and glee bubbling out of us, even as we clinked our glasses against one another and drank deeply in commemoration.

When I realized a few weeks into our relationship that she really was there to stay, I fell in love with her very quickly, finally allowing my mind to accept what my heart already knew, she was the one. It was 78 Mondays later, because yes I actually did keep track, when Tara asked me to marry her. It was a strangely-timed proposal, considering that at that moment I had been on my hands and knees, scrubbing the bathtub.

I was just about to apply another liberal coating of Comet when I heard Tara speaking to Joshua down the hall in the living room. I paused in my chores and tuned in to the conversation. "Josh, I need your advice," I heard her say, not even attempting to speak in a low voice, so I knew I was meant to hear. I imagined my son sitting on the floor, playing with his new Tonka truck, primarily oblivious to Tara's earnest request, perhaps glancing up at her once to show that he had heard her.

"I want to ask your mommy something, but I'm not sure how she will react," she went on, my ears perked up even more. "You see these papers here in my hand? Well, if your mommy and I fill them out and sign them and turn them in with some money, then it means that I could be your mommy too." I gasped, and almost put my Comet-covered rubber-gloved hand to my mouth in shock, stopping myself just in time. I continued to listen, even more intently. "Well, not your mommy so much as... your daddy...without being a daddy, because I'm not a boy, but...maybe like, your Tara-daddy. Taddy."

I smiled at the adorable name, and giggled a little, despite my stomach doing jumpy flip-flops. "But, I'm nervous about asking your mommy about these papers because what if she says 'no'? I mean, we aren't even married. So I was going to ask her to marry me too--" Hearing those words I ripped my gloves from off my hands and bolted out of the bathroom down the hall into the living room, tackling her on the couch and wrapping my arms around her neck, kissing her deeply, interrupting her as she was saying, "...because I love your mommy with all of my--" Our lips broke apart with a pop, "heart," she finished. We kissed again, deeper this time; I thrust my tongue into her mouth possessively, tasting her now familiar sweet taste. After several long moments, I drew back and gazed at her wistfully, my forehead resting gently on hers. "And I can't imagine my life without her, Joshua, or without you," she went on, still keeping up the pretense of speaking to my son, even though she was looking deeply into my eyes, her voice soft and sincere, "and I just hope that when I ask her... she says yes..." I gazed at her as she let the sentence hang mid-air. I brought my hand up to cup her face, caressing her cheek with my thumb.

"Willow, will you marry me?" she whispered, "will you let me adopt Josh?"

I took only a second to pause before answering, "yes."

"To which one?" she asked her eyes wide and hopeful.

"Both," I grinned, unable and unwilling to suppress any shred of my happiness, "yes to both!"

"Yes?"

"Yes." I affirmed.

"YES!!!!" She exclaimed, lifting us both off the sofa and spinning me around in her arms, she kissed me soundly before pulling away and picking Josh up from the floor, away from his toys, "She said, 'Yes!'" Tara laughed, kissing his forehead. Joshua protested in her grip, "car", he whined adorably, not happy with his play being interrupted. "Oh, I'm sorry, baby", she apologized with a giggle, setting him back down to play. She turned back to me, taking my hands in her own, "I love you," she said reverently. "I love you, too," I replied.

She reached into her pocket and fumbled a little, finally pulling out a small velvet box and holding it up between us. "For you," she said, "for saying 'yes'." I accepted her offering, opening the case with a soft creak; inside sat a simple golden band with a small diamond on top glittering back at me. My heart caught in my throat, knowing that even this humble representation of her love and commitment must have set her back at least a paycheck. Not-for-profit organizations generally can't afford to pay much, and Easter Seals was no exception. Neither of us was by any means wealthy, and I couldn’t help but feel a little guilty that she had spent such a sum on me.

With shaky fingers she reached out and plucked the ring from where it was nestled, sliding it onto the ring finger of my left hand, lifting it to her lips and kissing it softly. I gently pulled my hand from hers, resting my palm again upon her cheek, she closed her eyes, leaning into the touch. “Thank you,” she sighed, opening her eyes again and gazing deeply into my own. We kissed again, just as deeply, but with less urgency than before.

We were married, or as married as two women living in this country can be, in a small ceremony in the park the following spring. J.J. was our little ring-bearer, and did a commendable job, walking on his own the entire length of the make-shift isle, only teetering a twice, and even then only slightly, which was amazing considering that we were on grassy, uneven ground. Once he had made it to where Tara and I stood, (I in a soft yellow sundress with a small garland of flowers in my hair, she in a light blue, embroidered kurta shirt and bodhi pants, her hair pulled back in a long French braid), my father held him for the majority of the ceremony until it was time for the rings. My dad tried to pull the pillow that the rings were tied to from his small hands, but he wouldn’t let him have it. “No, no,” he said, “Taddy, get.” Everyone laughed sweetly at his well-meaning defense. Tara walked over to him and gently took the small pillow, kissing his forehead and touching his nose, “thank you, handsome,” she smiled. The rest of the ceremony went on with only one other hitch, that is, Tara and I to each other.

After what seemed like years of filling out papers and jumping through bureaucratic hoops, Tara was finally able to adopt Joshua as her own. My son was now officially “our” son. Tara and I couldn’t have been happier.

My degree in Computer Science was fundamental in my ultimate ability to finally start pulling in some very decent money. Tara had been promoted to Program Manager over the day care at Easter Seals, and her take-home pay received a satisfying increase as well. Not a tremendous amount, but enough that with our shared incomes, we were able to buy a small house in the suburbs near my parents and live in relative comfort.

The years slipped by with easy grace. Tara continued her work at Easter Seals while I settled into a comfortable job with a local corporation as their lead IT technician. Joshua grew older, but maintained his childlike mentality. His doctor estimated that when he reached his full potential, J.J. would be between the mental age of four and five years old. Imagine, being eternally four… sometimes I envied his everlasting innocence, mostly I found myself loving him even more.

It was amazing to me how much love the human heart can hold and sustain for infinitely long periods of time. I loved Tara with all of my heart, and yet I still loved my son with all my heart… and more.

Although we were incredibly happy together, and our relationship was sound and in no danger of falling apart, I could tell that some part of my lover was still unfulfilled. When I’d look into her eyes, I’d see the hollow place, up in the right hand corner, and I knew that there were things she still longed to do, and perhaps could have done, if Josh and I weren’t in the picture. I’d ask her about it and she’d shrug it off saying, “Nothing, nothing. I love you, baby, and Josh. I can’t imagine my life without you both. I’m happy.”

I continued to pressure her for a real answer until one day, when Joshua was twelve, she finally fessed up. “Sometimes I still think about Greenwich Village,” she admitted, “and I wonder, ‘what if’? But then I look at you, and J.J. and I think about how much I love you both, and how happy we are, and I realize this is all that I need.” She leaned in and kissed me tenderly on the lips. As she pulled away again, I regarded her sadly.

“But not all you want,” I said, trying to hide the emotion suddenly forming a lump in my throat.

She took my hands and held them to her chest, her blue eyes gazing deeply into mine. “I had a dream of Greenwich Village, but I set it aside in favor of something I never could have dreamed of. Something so much better.”

“But you still want something more,” I challenged; I could read her too well.

“I do,” she confessed, “but with you.”

“What?” The word practically stuck in my throat.

She lifted my hands to her lips, kissing my knuckles, before lowering them again and cradling them against her chest. “Do you think Joshua would like having,” she broached slowly, “a baby brother?”

To Be Concluded...

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 5/10/04 2:11 pm

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:18 pm 
Hey:wave

awesome update..loved it all!

can't wait to read what happens with the "baby brother":p

:D

"I'd cry..i would die if i lost you"-Alex Parks...I love you, baby!

Post subject: Aaaawwwww!
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:39 pm 
That was just SO beautiful! :happycry

Does this mean that Tara wants to have a baby, or just adopt another child? I think it would be sweet if she wanted to have a :baby .

Either way, it's too sweet for words! Fantastic update!

:applause :bow :applause :bow :applause :bow :applause

I can't wait for part B! :banana

I love this story!!!!! :clap

Shy One

:shy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 5:44 pm 
Oh DW!

This was absolutely beautiful from start to finish. Many, many happy tears!:love

I really loved the part about how much love the human heart can hold -- so amazingly written.

Excellent. Can't wait for part B.

Wimpy

Post subject: Taddy, and more~
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:32 pm 
Oh, DW...This was just so infinitely good...Sweet and satisfying w/o being precious, or mawkish.

The "Taddy" aspect was just a wonderful, wonderful touch--funny and unique and absolutely believable. The proposal, too--so inspired! (Yet another idea of yours that I've filed away should I ever be in that happy position.) I loved the image of everyone toasting to "soup," and how easily that whole scene flowed.

And now, of course, we're left wondering about possible other children. This can't be an easy conversation...Willow's ability to read her lover's "unfinished" feeling speaks to how deeply they're connected.

And as always, your knowledge of realistic factors serves to inform the story--always keeping us anchored to an understanding of the context, w/o having it constrain unnecessarily.

Me like so very muchly...

Mary

Post subject: Re: Taddy, and more~
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 11:29 pm 
That was so wow..so beautiful :happycry ..and Taddy was so lovely. Loved it. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next