The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Our Family
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:50 pm 
Title: Our Family

Author: Alexis009

Rating: G

Disclaimer: No one you’ll recognize belongs to me, I’m just playing a little with Joss’ characters. :grin

Summary: A big change happens in the life of our favorite witchy couple.

Feedback: I would like very much so! Any word of you Kittens will do! :pray

Our Family

The usual silence that ruled the place was broken by a deafening scream of pain and rage.

“AAAAAAAHHHHHH!! I’LL NEVER SLEEP WITH YOU AGAIN, TARA ROSENBERG-MACLAY!!”

In the waiting room, six people winced when their friend’s scream echoed through the midwife’s place, sharing a half-afraid, half-amused look between themselves.

“Wow, never thought Red had it in her.” Faith smirked as another scream came, followed by a stream of curses she never thought the normally gentle, if not a little naïve, woman knew. Hell, some of them she didn’t know herself.

“Redhead temper.” Xander stated with an aggravate nod of his head. “It’s like an atomic bomb, merciless and you never see it coming ‘til it hits you. Very, very painful.”

The brunette slayer gave him a sympathetic look. “Personal experience?”

“Yeah. Not a nice experience, I’ll tell you.” he flinched slightly at the memory.

“Ouch. Guess they got that thing about the quiet ones right, huh?”

“I can imagine it’s a rather, um, painful experience to give birth to twins.” Giles said while cleaning his glasses for the third time in the last five minutes. Especially to someone with Willow’s size.”

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, TARA!! YOU DID THIS TO ME!!!”

“No kidding.” Buffy quipped, but she was internally praying her best friend’s pain would end soon. Vamps she could take. Demons? No problem. Crazy, skanky Hell Gods bent on the world’s destruction? Been there, done that. But she couldn’t take her long-time friend being in pain and not being able to do anything about it. She was feeling helpless. Slayers don’t like feeling helpless, it makes them antsy.

“It’s like they’re torturing her to death or something. Didn’t they give her painkillers? She’s screaming like she’s being skinned alive.” Dawn was staring nervously at the operations room’s door.

Anya looked pensive for a moment and then shook her head. “Nop, that’s not what the scream of someone being skinned alive sounds like. It’s shriller and a bit louder.” she added with an almost wistful look.

“IF YOU EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN I’M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!”

“Yep, definitely shriller.” the ex-vengeance demon nodded, grinning at the others’ exasperated looks.

The door to the operation’s room opened and two women came out, one deathly pale and the other grinning from ear to ear. The Scooby Gang immediately pounced on them, full of questions.

“How is she? How are the babies? Why is she screaming so much? And how come you’re still alive?”

Tara raised her hand to stop anymore questions, her smile getting wider by the minute. Sure, she was worried about her lover and certainly didn’t like the idea of her Willow being in any pain at all, but she couldn’t help being damn proud of herself and her lover. Willow was giving birth to her children. Hers. Lives she helped to create. Yeah, she was damn proud alright.

Seven months ago when Willow had came home distressed and confused, babbling about how she didn’t have the slightest idea how that happened and how scared she was on and on. It’d took Tara twenty minutes to calm her wife enough to decipher her babble fest and when she did her first reaction was to comfort and reassure her lover in spite of her shock at the situation. They were scared, confused and worried.

The Gang’s reaction hadn’t been much better. They had suspected it to be something demonic; maybe some demon had done something to the redhead in one night of patrol, that wasn’t exactly uncommon in Sunnydale. Tara, Buffy and Xander had been occupied trying to get Willow to calm down; the redhead was terrified out of her mind. Anya and Faith had tried their best to check out the demonic theory, but had little success. It was Giles that found the explanation to what happened.

The ex-Watcher had called a coven in England he was familiar with and Loren, the coven’s leader and his long-time friend assured him that the pregnancy had nothing demonic in it, that in fact it had happened to a few couples of witches before. She’d explained that when the couples’ energy is very compatible they can merge and create life, but – she grinned – both witches had to desire the child, even if in a subconscious level.

They couldn’t have been happier with the news and the Gang was ecstatic with having a new member. And when they discovered that it wouldn’t be one, but two babies to arrive Tara almost had fainted on the spot. Loren had said then that their bond was so strong that when their energies merged they created two beings instead of only one.

During the passing months the entire Scooby Gang fawned over the pregnant redhead, even Anya was giddy with the notion of having two little ones to teach about the evilness of bunnies and the importance of money, much to the couple’s amusement.

Now they were all there in the midwife waiting room, waiting for to welcome the children made of the love between two soulmates.

“So, how is it going in there?” Dawn’s voice pulled Tara out of her thoughts.

If it was possible, the blonde’s smile got even wider. “She’s furious.”

“SOMEONE FUCKIN’ MAKE THIS GODDESS-BE-DAMNED PAIN STOP!”

“Really?” Faith shot her a wry smirk. “Coulda have fooled me.”

“And I think she broke Ivy too.” Tara nodded at the still pale dark-haired young woman beside her.

The young midwife’s assistant took a deep shaky breath regarded the group nervously. “It s-seams that the p-p-painkillers aren’t working very w-well, but she’s a-almost ready.”

“And why are you here and not there?” Dawn looked at Tara with a raised eyebrow.

“I don’t want to risk myself, she may be a pregnant woman in labor, but she’s still a powerful witch.” Tara grinned. “I’m particularly attached to all my limbs, thank you very much.”

“Wow, is Will that scary?” Buffy asked almost to herself.

Another enraged scream echoed through the room: “TARA ROSENBERG-MACLAY, GET YOUR ASS IN THIS ROOM IMMEDIATELY!!”

The Scoobies and Ivy winced at the crashing sound that followed the redhead’s demand.

“Did that answer your question, B?”

Xander looked at the blonde woman sympathetically. “Guess it’s time to face Hurricane Willow.”

Tara grimaced slightly at the thought of being in the way of her lover’s wrath. Again. During the pregnancy Willow had suffered major mood swings, going from a weeping puddle to a ranting fury. Tara has witnessed several of these swings and they helped her realize something she would never had thought before.

Willow is absolutely beautiful when she’s angry.

Of course, she’s beautiful any other way, but when she’s furious her usually pale face flushes a charming shade of pink and her eyes get a particular glint, turning into smoldering green flames to match her fiery red hair.

“Better go back in there before she kills poor Cassie.”

The blonde woman shook her head and reentered the operation room with Ivy trailing behind her.

“AHHHHH!!!! That hurts!!”

“Calm down, sweetie.” Tara gently brushed the sweaty bangs off the redhead’s eyes.

“Calm down?! I want to see you calm down while you’re trying to expel two bodies out of you!!” Willow glared at her lover, grunting with the pain of another contraction.

Tara knew well that her Willow must be in pain, but couldn’t help the wide smile that crossed her lips. She was so cute angry.

“Stop laughing!” the redhead scowled but she too was smiling.

Nothing made her happier than give birth to their children. Theirs. Made of their love and passion for each other. It was a gift from the Goddess, no doubt.

“AHHHH!!” another pain, sharper than before wiped the smile of her face and she unconsciously squeezed Tara’s hand. Hard.

Tara winced slightly at the pain in her hand but tried to sooth her wife anyway. “Shhh, sweetie, I’m here with you. Soon our little ones will come to meet us, don’t worry.”

“Ok, Willow, you’re ready. I want you to push.” Cassandra, their midwife, instructed from her position on the other end of the bed.

Sweat pooling on her forehead and upper lip, Willow took a deep breath and started pushing, grunting with the effort.

“That’s it, I’m seeing the head. Harder now, Willow.” Cassie encouraged, signaling to Ivy prepare for the baby.

“ARRRRGGGHHH!” Willow cried out as another sharp pain hit her, but continued pushing with all her might, she wanted to get over with it as soon as possible.

“C’mon, baby, you can do this.” Tara tried to send calming energies to the redhead, stroking her brow lovingly.

Motivated, Willow continued pushing until the loud cry of a baby filled the room.

“It’s a girl!” Cassie announced, passing the newborn to her assistant.

Tears flowed freely from both witches’ eyes as they shared a loving look.

“Wow, girls, this one sure got a pair of lungs on her.” The midwife joked when the infant continued crying loudly even after having been cleaned up and wrapped in a warm blanket.

Another wave of pain interrupted any comment on the couples’ part and the midwife turned her attention back to her work.

“This one is in a hurry. C’mon, one mighty push, Mom.” Cassie said and soon another cry – not so loud this time – echoed through the room. “A boy!”

The witches looked at each other and Willow smiled tiredly at her lover and promptly received a sweet kiss. “I’m so proud of you, baby.”

“Love you.” Willow sighed contently.

Both looked up when Ivy brought the still crying little girl to them and placed her carefully on Willow’s waiting arms. “She’s beautiful.” The young assistant praised and Tara smiled indulgently watching her lover sooth the baby.

“Shhhh, baby girl, no need to cry. Mommy’s here.” Willow caressed her baby’s rosy cheeks with the pad of her fingers, noticing the small freckles that already covered the soft skin.

The baby immediately stopped crying when she heard that warm voice that always calmed her when she was restless and opened big blue eyes to peek at the tear streaked face of her mommy.

Willow let out a small sob when those eyes – so like her soulmate’s – looked at her with the unconditional love that children held for their parents, that curious affection that lit up those clear blue eyes filled the redhead’s heart with joy.

“She has your hair.” Tara commented stroking the baby’s tiny head, her eyes misty with emotion of seeing her daughter in the arms of the woman she loved. “Your temper too, it seems.” she added and chuckled softly when the little girl almost scowled at her. That expression was so Willow.

“Here’s your little man, Mom.” Cassie announced placing the much calmer little boy on the opposite side of his sister. “Congratulations, you have two healthy little babies.”

“Thank you, Cassie. For everything.” Tara thanked her friend in the earnest.

Willow was currently busy staring in awe at a pair of eyes that were mirror images of her own. The little boy was looking at her with the very same expression of awe in his tiny face and when Willow craned her neck to place a small kiss in his nose he gurgled happily, giving her a cute toothless smile.

The green-eyed boy nuzzled contently on the breast of his mommy, happily basking in that warmth that had been surrounding him for so long before.

Tara shared a look with her lover, kissing her cheek lovingly and smiling down at her family, not even noticing when the midwife and her assistant left the room. As the couple looked at the tiny infants resting peacefully in the redhead’s arms, a giddy joy entered their hearts, a warm feeling that made their souls soar. They had fallen in love.

When the Scooby gang was finally allowed into the room, the scene before then made all the wait and anxiousness worth it.

Their redhead friend was propped against the headboard surrounded by fluffy white pillows and Tara was sitting beside her, an arm wrapped around her shoulders. Both of them were looking lovingly at the two infants sucking eagerly on their Mommy’s nipples.

The witches looked up at the Gang and smiled widely, silently beckoning them closer.

They walked silently, as to not disturb the babies and surrounded the bed. The Slayers and ex-Watcher on the right side, the Harris and Dawn on the left.

“They are so tiny.” Dawn whispered in awe.

“Cute kids.” Faith smiled at the couple.

“Congratulations, my daughters.” Giles offered them a proud smile and kissed them on their forehead.

Willow gave him a radiant smile. “Thanks, it means a lot to us… Dad.” she completed and giggled when Giles took off his glasses and started cleaning them to distract everyone from the tears pooling in his eyes.

“Have you decided their names yet?” Buffy asked, taking pity on the ex-Watcher.

The witches looked at each other and smiled in silent agreement.

“This is little Alexander.” Tara caressed the boy’s fine blonde hair and smiled at the stunned look on Xander’s face.

Willow grinned and then looked at Buffy and Anya. “And this is Anna.”

The two of them squealed happily and proceeded to squeeze the air out of the new moms, making sure to not hurt the babies, of course.

“Excellent choices.” Giles nodded and smiled at the group of friends he considered his own children.

“So…” Dawn started, shooting Willow a sly grin. “This means no more Hurricane Willow?”

Faith picked up the joke and added. “I have to say, Red, some of the curses you shouted earlier almost made me blush.”

And the familiar laughter of the Scooby Gang filled the room.

The loud cry of a baby pulled Tara out of her dreams as well as her wife’s groan beside her.

“Please, baby, go see what they want.” the sleepy redhead pleaded before covering her head with a pillow.

Tara yawned deeply and looked at the clock on the nightstand. “3 a.m.?!”

Another loud wail from the next room interrupted anymore complaints from the blonde. “Alright, alright, I’m up…” she stretched and grunted when her spine snapped back into place with a satisfying pop.

Tara put her robe on and walked to the babies’ room to find only one of them crying. She picked her daughter up and checked her diapers, finding them quite wet.

“You know,” she commented to the now quiet girl. “You’re a crybaby. Your brother doesn’t make such a fuss.” she smiled fondly into the eyes so similar to her own.

She knew that as much as she and Willow complained about the sleepless nights, they couldn’t have been happier. They were raising the family they always wanted. Every time they looked into the innocent, wonder filled eyes of their children made it all worth the effort.

The blonde witch looked down at the tiny redhead in her arms and started rocking her into sleep, singing softly to the dozing baby.

May it be an evening star

Shines down upon you

May it be when darkness falls

Your heart will be true

You walk a lonely road

Oh, how far you are from home

Mornie utlie

Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alantie

A promise lives within you know

May it be shadows call

Will fly away

May it be your journey on

To light the day

When the night is overcome

You may rise to find the sun

Mornie utlie

Believe and you will find your way

Mornie alantie

A promise lives within you

A promise lives within you…

When she was finished Anna was sleeping soundly in her arms. She sighed contently and put the infant beside her little brother, smiling when the twins curled up together in their cradle.

She put the blanked on top of the slumbering children and turned to leave, almost jumping out of her skin when she found Willow leaning on the doorway, her vibrant red hair sticking out in every direction possible, her lips curled in a soft smile.

The green-eyed beauty silently walked to the cradle and kissed both babies on their foreheads. “Let’s go back to bed, baby.” Willow offered her hand, which immediately Tara took in her own.

Taking a last look at their children, the proud parents left the room and went to dream about the bright future in ahead of them.

THE END

(Or more likely the beginning…)

Soooooo… How was it? This was my first try ever at a W/T fic, I hope it’s not too bad. :paranoid

I apologize if my English is not very good, but my mother language is Portuguese, so things tend to be a little more difficult for me.

Oh, the lyrics I used are from the song May It Be by Enya (from The Lord Of The Rings soundtrack) and I thought it could be a good lullaby.

Be good Kittens and leave feedback, ‘k? Next time I may try a smut *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

Alexis Reed

Edited by: Alexis009 at: 3/22/04 6:34 pm

Post subject: Re: Our Family
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:08 am 
I love your story. I was cracking up when Willow was yelling and Tara was just smiling. I hope you plan to continue. Great job.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:45 am 
Great story:D

pleaseee keep going!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:31 pm 
:bigwave Hellow there!

:applause My big compliments on your fic!

when i started to read it i felt in love with it right away!;)

I hope u will continue on writting fics cause you are very

good, and your english is very well!! Ghehe..so don't ya worry about that!:peace

Take Care!?

Love : Jesse/Drumbly:kdevil :smash

P.S : I love it that Faith was a part of the gang, ghehe i kinda dig Faith, Oh and ...Willow's cursing?!! DAMN:thud Hahaa i like it, i've got no other words for it!:)

"...I'm multi-talented, cause i can talk and piss you off at the same time... "

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:27 pm 
Great story! I had to laugh when Willow was screaming and Tara just smiled at her. I hope you´ll write more about this little family. :pray

*lil´c*

I´m an actress... I don´t pee. Amber in Augsburg

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:40 pm 
that was great i wonder what the babies will be like when they are older.

good job

brittney

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:53 pm 
Awwwwww that was wonderfull, so cute:love

Hehe i already see them with the lil crying "Willow" and the quiet lil "Tara" rofl jk. They are moms, hehe cool, i hope that u will write a sequel, cuz i really loved ur fic. I dunno i guess its funny to see them with their lil kids:D

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:38 pm 
Awww..that was so amazing, and so cute and lovely. I love it :heart . At first I wondered what was going on at the beginning..hehe. Love sammi xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 6:51 pm 
Hi, I really hope you meant it when you hinted that more might be coming! I would certainly would like to read more about them and their family. I was quite amused with Willow's antics...esp. RE Tara staying out of her bed!

It was also clever the way you had Willow conceive...having it not be the result of a "spell".

Your subtle descriptions of the babies enabled me to visualize them easily.

Please do write more...the story was tender, loving, and gentle! :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:58 am 
mxgirl314: Hey, thanks! The smiling-all-the-time bit was aimed to be funny, glad it worked! :wink

eternalpharaoh: Thank you for the feedback! :grin

Drumbly: Heya! I aim to please. I'm glad my English isn't as catastrophic as I thought. :grin Yeah, I like Faith too, I think she's a great character that wasn't given enough credit, so I'm doing what Joss negleted to do in the series, heh. And about Willow's cursing, well, that's redhead temper for you, I'm a daily victim of it myself, it's deadly I tell you. :wink

littlecrazy80: Oh, don't worry, I'll be writing more about the Rosenberg-Maclay family soon enough. Thanks for the feedback!

amazonaa: Hey! That's a good question. With all the influence of the many aunts and uncles, I'm sure the twins will be very interesting characters to write. :hmm

Stroke of Luck: So you liked it? I love writing about babies and kids in general, I'm a sucker for them really. Mine has me wrapped around her little finger. :heart I can tell you the twins will rock out favorite witches' world.

sam darls: Heya sammi! I'm happy my fic touched your :love Thanks for the feedback!

Incitatua 8: I never say something I don't mean. :grin I'm glad you liked the way I portrayed Willow, she was based not only in my vision of the cannon Willow but of another redhead that I have constant contact with (my lil sis, Nat, luv ya sis! :wave ) Yes, I thought it would be more original if the twins weren't the result of a spell. It's much more poetic if they're the product of the love between two soulmates that love each other deeply, don't you think? :wink

Hey Kittens!

I'd like to thank you all once more for reading my fic and leaving some feedback to stroke my ego, it's greatly appreciated!

I am planning on writing more, yes, but I can't decide what timeline to use. Do I write about their first Christmas together? The twins' 8th birthday? Pre-teens days? I'd like some opinions here, you're the ones who are going to read it! :grin

Keep your eyes open for the sequel, it won't take long to write it I suppose. :kgeek

Alexis Reed

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:49 pm 
Its great i love it!!!

Post subject: Re: Reply
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:44 am 
Great fic! I love the beginning where Willow is cursing, never knew Willow had it in her to shout that much, :lol

Greatness!

Jess xxx

'You're my angel of salvation, and hope, and strength...your my multi-angel'-Jay (My baby)

.:~*My anime site*~:.

Post subject: Re: Reply
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:04 am 
This is a great story...I really love the way that Willow is yelling and cursing. This is an awesome side of Willow that I can't wait to see more of. Also can't wait to see everything that happens next; seeing the two sexiest mothers interact with their children. WOW!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:48 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Very sweet & cute.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Willow: Hear that baby you're my always