The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: ...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:40 pm 
good lords above! how did i miss this little gem of a fic?! i've been MIA for sooo long but i'm glad i'm back and glad i got to read this. loving every word of it. wonderfully written. i'm actually teary and hearttugged with the leaving of willow. i cant wait to read more! thanks, auburn, for this!

"Take care of my heart, won't you please? Take care of it because it's all that I have. And if you let me, I'll take care of your heart too." Pure sweetness in the look between Willow and Tara. (shooting script)

Post subject: Re: ...
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 6:13 pm 
I have to admit, I cheated and began to read the spoiler ... but I hoped the ending would have been different. :sob

Willow can't just leave her ... there has to be some way for them to work this out. Update soon, please?

~Mikaelah

Willow: "Where would you go? If you felt lost and alone? ..."

Tara: "To You..."

~~Truly and Forever~~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 8:44 pm 
:sob You can't just leave them like that. They are so sad.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 11:55 pm 
Auburn,

Ok, i know the next part will be, the car's gonna stop Willow jumps out runs to Tara they kiss and live happely ever after, right?

Such a sad but wonderfull update.

Wilgen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:26 am 
Hey sweetie..awww that was so evil and so lovely. Why did you leave it there?!! hehe..Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 5:46 am 
Quote:
Willow watched as Tara wiped an escaped tear from her cheek with her sleeve as the car drove away.

:cry :sob That broke my heart. Please let them meet again soon. Great update!

s79

I look at horses and I see really big ponies.

The greatest thing you'll learn, is just to love and be loved in return.

Post subject: Re: From Hell To Heaven
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 7:55 am 
wow! I love this...but it was left at such a sad part, please do continue, its excellent writing, I really hope that Will and Tara find a way to be together :)

Caz x x x :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:34 am 
Quote:
I will bug you so much that you’ll be glad we live thousands of miles away.

I'm sure that'll never happen. So the car's going to stop and Willow's going to run back right? *I just got this flash of 'Can't buy me love'. Off topic*:) Sad, but good update.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:19 pm 
I love this story but...NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!:paranoid :happycry

I hope the ending will be a happy one...:pray :p ray:pray

Please update soon!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:33 am 
Great update :read

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:31 pm 
Okay, there's teasing and then there's evil and you were just pure evil with this last post. How could you leave us hanging like that?:(

Mic

Post subject: Replies-From Hell To Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:06 am 
Littlecrazy80: cheer up you trust me right?:angel

AmbeRocks: I love W/T would I do anything bad to them? gotta take the bad with the good.:wink

shuyaku: she did leave but yes it is wrong. I’ll see what I can do about it :buried

bindingwiccan: I’m not promising anything, but I’m a nice girl so only nice things can come of this fic right?:fallen

Stroke Of Luck: thanx sweetie xXx:flower

wimpy0729: I know it was a sad update but it’s all part of the fic. I’m not gunna answer your questions though you’ll just have to wait and see :smug

soluna: thanx *hugs*

Rane018: Oooo hey, you wrote camp flutie thanks for the kind words it’s nice coming from someone who writes great stuff.:flirt

mikaelah braenna: that spoiler. I’m such a tease, but just because the ending of this update wasn’t so good the rest may be better.:hmm

The Rose24: Sorry hun.:kiss1

wilgen: we’ll see :p

Samdarls: you know me by now sweetie.:love

snuggle79: thanx and I’ll try I'm not making no promises though.:angel

wiccachika: thanks for nice words I know it was a sad part but I’m not so evil as to keep it that way. Or am I? :hmm

onyxsundrops: maybe the car will stop maybe Willow will run back. then again maybe not you’ll find out soon, honest. :eyebrow

photographer02: bless:bigkiss

SJ: thanx for your short feedback, u make me laugh.:lmao

aka MKF: I resent that I am not evil. I.AM.NOT! *hides horns*:devilish

Auburn

Post subject: Re: Replies-From Hell To Heaven
PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:29 am 
Author name: Auburn

Email address: GemmaQT@hotmail.com

Rating: This part PG-13

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters but the story is mine.

Notes: I love being a kitten:kitty

Tara sat on the floor behind her front door, it had been hours since Willow had left and Tara already felt the loss of the vibrant redhead, it was a different kind of loss from when she lost her mother, this was like her entire right side had been ripped off and shipped to another country, her heart sank so low it felt like it was resting on her stomach.

Her sleeves had become tissues, their dampness still clinging to the delicate skin of her wrists; she had used them to wipe away the tears caused by sadness and loneliness.

Lifting her arm Tara gripped the door handle and used it too pull her aching frame to stand, she had been sat behind the door so long her muscles had begun to cease.

Making her way up the stairs instead of going straight ahead to her own room the blonde turned right opening the door to the guest room standing stood in the doorway the feeling of fresh tears streaking her face made her wipe at her cheeks with her sleeve.

Walking towards the bed Tara decided this is where she would sleep tonight. This is where she needed to be. The scent of Willow on the pillow comforted the aching in her chest. If only for a while.

Picking up a towel that had been discarded on the bed Tara folded it and opened the top drawer of the dresser, placing the towel in the drawer something caught her eye. The blonde reached over and switched on the bedside lamp to get a better view immediately identifying the object as a ring Willow wore on her left index finger she realised the redhead must have left it for her. Tara’s body shook as she sobbed.

Willow looked into the coffee mug Buffy had put into her hand at the first gas station they pulled into when they got into town, now the coffee was cold and undrinkable yet she still held it.

Buffy was worried about her friend, Willow hadn’t said a word since they started driving she just sat in the back of the car occasionally looking out of the window, but mostly just staring into the mug. Xander had tried to engage the redhead in conversation but quickly gave up when he realised Willow wasn’t paying any attention at all.

Willow had thought about telling Buffy to turn around and go back. Back to Tara with her beautiful blue eyes and soft blonde hair, but she knew that within a few months her thirst for knowledge, exploration and success would surface and leave her feeling unfulfilled.

Sighing loudly the petite redhead sulked down into the seat and willed herself not to get blubbery as Xander called it. Her heart ached with the thought that she had left Tara behind, but it’s what the blonde had chose and Willow had to respect that however much she hated it.

Willow sat on the end of her bed in her apartment with a crumpled piece of paper in her hand. Music from the kitchen was filtering though as Buffy sang along badly whilst she cleared away. The small blonde had taken it upon herself to stay over for the night just to make sure her friend was ok. The hurt in Willow’s eyes concerned her and she just wanted to be there if the redhead needed to talk or cuddle.

Willow smiled to herself at Buffy’s bad singing she didn’t know what she’d do without having the blonde here to liven the place up. Being in a quiet apartment would make her miss Tara all the more.

Picking up the phone beside her bed the redhead quickly put it back down again and grunted in frustration.

“It’s not like she won’t be home Will.” Buffy spoke as she stood in the doorway to the redhead’s bedroom and leaned against the frame.

“That’s what I’m afraid of, she’ll be home and answer the phone. I wanna hear her voice but I want her body to be attached to it not some piece of plastic against my ear.” The redhead tried to explain her anxiety. “What if she’s already in bed? Because I know she gets up pretty early. What if she doesn’t really want to talk to me or I upset her? What if....”

“Ok, Ok.” Buffy came and sat next to her friend, gathering her into a hug to gently calm her. “She will want to talk to you because your wonderful and she’s in that house on her own so I’m pretty sure she’ll be glad of the call. Do you think she will want to know if you got home safely?”

Willow nodded eagerly.

“Well then that can be your topic of conversation, your focus. Just tell her you got home safely that way she will know you didn’t want her to worry and the rest will come from there ok?”

Nodding her understanding Willow smiled gratefully at her best friend and once again picked up the phone. Dialling Tara’s number the redhead impatiently waiting and was just about to put the phone down when a breathy voice answered.

“Hey Tara?”

“Willow?”

“Yeah it’s me.”

“Hey sweetie how are you? Did you get home safely? Sorry it took me so long to get to the phone I was in the shower.”

The redhead’s heart skipped a beat at Tara’s use of the word ‘sweetie’ and then another at the thought of a wet, scantily clad goddess on the other end of the phone.

“Yeah the journey wasn’t to bad actually that’s what I was calling for, just to tell you I’m home and I’m ok so you wouldn’t worry. I hope it’s not to late?”

“Of course not sweetie you could call me at 3am and I’d still want to listen. Thank you for the consideration I was a little worried.”

Willow felt herself blush as the blonde lightly flirted.

“Have you been ok Tara?”

A moment’s silence filled the air as the redhead waited for an answer. When it came the blonde spoke softly.

“It is a little quiet here Will with you not being here, but I’m ok.”

Willow felt her eyes begin to fill and steadied her voice.

“I miss you Tara. I promise I will call you tomorrow.”

“You don’t have to sweetie; you will have an expensive phone bill.”

Deciding to pay the blonde back with her own light flirting to lighten the mood the redhead smiled to herself.

“You’re worth it.”

Willow was pleased with herself as she received a shy giggle form Tara.

“Goodnight Willow.”

“Goodnight Tara, dream of me.”

“I will sweetie, you dream of me too.”

The click from the other end of the phone brought a sigh from Willow. Looking around her room she shook her head and got up realising Buffy must have secured the apartment and turned off all the lights the redhead made her way to the guest room and gently knocked on the door.

“Yeah?” Buffy answered as the bedroom door pushed open.

“Best friend cuddles?” Willow asked as her head popped through the gap she had allowed herself.

Putting a book down that she was reading the small blonde pulled back the sheets and opened her arms.

“No ass pinching though.”

“Buffy that was one time.” The redhead declared innocently.

Willow awoke the next day to an empty apartment, the first few moments of consciousness in a morning are blissful until reality hits and leaves you with a feeling of dread at having to face the day. Usually when the redhead awoke she would go through a routine of going to the bathroom, having breakfast, then getting ready for work. Today she just sat in her bed. Her heart screamed at her to call Tara again, but her head told her to back off a little. As beautiful as Tara was Willow highly doubted the blonde had ever had someone romantically interested in her. Part of Willow hoped that would be true the thought of Tara with someone else made her stomach churn, but part of her also wished it weren't. Tara deserved to be cared for even if it wasn’t her doing the caring.

Picking up the phone beside her bed Willow decided she’d call Buffy instead and ask if they could meet for lunch.

The petite blonde agreed and promised to call Xander to invite him along.

By 12-o clock Willow was sat in a small cafe, herself and her friends found it to be a very pleasant place and went there on a regular basis to check in with each other. The redhead found herself wishing she could invite Tara along too.

“Buff?” Xander spoke quietly whilst the redhead got up to use the bathroom.

“Yeah?”

“Does Willow seem..... is she.... a little.”

“Spit it out Xander.” The blonde interrupted.

“Since we picked Will up she’s been in a land far from here. If I assumed a little more went on with this Tara chick would I be wrong?”

Picking up her glass of juice Buffy took a sip before answering.

“First of all, don’t let Will hear you call Tara a ‘chick.’ I don’t know what went on between them but I know Willow’s really cut up about leaving Tara behind I haven't asked because I’m afraid Willow will get upset. I think that’s a conversation for a ‘DVD, tissue and ice cream night.’” The blonde referred to the method used to help each other get through a difficult period of time.

Nodding his understanding the young man quickly changed the subject when the redhead came back to the table.

Willow wasn’t stupid she knew their conversation had been about her, since they picked her up from Tara’s home 3 days ago their faces held a look of sympathy as if she had lost her pet puppy. It was endearing that they cared so much but every time Willow looked at their faces she was reminded of the hurt she felt inside.

Determined, Willow resolved that as soon as she got home she would call her boss and tell him she was ready for work.

Tara drove her truck to town she was surprised when buildings, shops and busy people came into sight. It seem that she had been lost in her own thoughts for most of the time she was driving which made the journey fly by.

One arm hanging out on the window and the other on the wheel the blonde pulled into a parking lot beside the fruit shop. Getting out of her truck she walked around the vehicle and pulled the back open.

“Hey Tara, beautiful day out isn’t it?” A tall thin man greeted as he walked towards the blonde one side of his dungarees hung loosely as he walked.

“Hey jack. Yeah the sun is shining but the heat is killing me.” Tara smiled as she wiped her forehead with the back of her hand.

“Come on inside and I’ll make us a drink.” He instructed picking up a crate overflowing with apples.

Doing the same the blonde happily followed.

Once inside both placed the heavy crates onto the floor in the corner of the shop next to some empty baskets. Taking a seat on a stool next to the counter the blonde waited for jack to come back with the drinks.

“I heard you had a visitor a few days ago?” The young man inquired as he entered the room and handed the blonde a glass full of juice topped with ice.

“Yes, that was Willow.” Tara answered him honestly but shortly.

“Pretty thing isn’t she, she came in here with two friends a girl and a guy, told me she couldn’t wait to see you again.”

The smirk on the blonde’s face was irreplaceable as her mind recalled the night they had stayed up talking and she had revealed to Willow the guy in the fruit shop was attracted to her. Willow seemed very interested in what the blonde was saying asking a lot of questions and for specific details. Now Tara knew why.

“In fact.” The man carried on. “She said the two of you were really close she added a lot of emphasis on the word ‘really’ too.”

Deciding not to comment on the mans obvious hint for answers to his nagging questions the blonde stood from the stool still smirking.

“How about we get the rest of the order in jack? I’ve still got a couple of stops to make.”

Finished delivering jacks order Tara made her way through the town delivering what people had asked for and doing a little shopping of her own. Her time spent in the town was cherished as she watched people go about their business oblivious as the beautiful blonde watched. A few people would stop and say hi recognising the shy girl from her many trips into town.

The last stop of the day for Tara was always the cafe. The blonde cooked for herself everyday it was nice to have someone else do it for a change. The woman behind the counter always prepared the same few things which she knew Tara loved and would have it ready by the time she got there. Every time the blonde went into the cafe she noticed a woman sat in the corner nursing a coffee that was probably cold. Townsfolk gossip meant the blonde knew a little about that woman and it made her heart ache at everything she heard. Before leaving the cafe Tara gave the lady behind the counter twenty dollars to keep topping up the coffee for the woman in the corner. then made the journey home contemplating the busy town life to the one she lived in the middle of nowhere.

Willow put the phone down after calling her boss he was surprised that the redhead wanted to start work so soon after her ordeal, but Willow decided she needed the distraction and plus, maybe she could stop off at Tara’s on the way back from whatever place her work would take her too next.

Smiling with that thought in her head Willow picked up the phone once more and made another call.

Tara was delighted when the phone rang. There were only two people with her number the sheriff or Willow and the sheriff hardly ever called.

“Hello?”

“Hey Tara it’s me.”

“Hey Will.” The blonde said enthusiastically whilst settling herself into bed.

“It’s almost bedtime.” The redhead stated.

“It is.” Tara agreed unsure of why Willow had said that.

“So I couldn’t go to bed before I said goodnight to you. Were you sleeping?”

“Oh.” Tara smiled understanding. “You’re cute Will no I wasn’t sleeping, but I have a bone to pick with you young lady!” She stated in a mock stern voice.

“With me? Me? What did I do?” Willow giggled.

“I believe you met Jack on your journey back home?” Tara explained the laugh she received from the other side of the phone told her Willow knew exactly what she was talking about.

“No comment.” The redhead giggled out her words.

“Right.” Tara giggled back deciding to forgive her. “Do you always intimidate people who have crushes on your friends?”

“Well no. But you’re not just my friend you’re my complicated friend.” Willow answered as if that explained everything although it only confused the blonde more.

“What’s a complicated friend?”

“It’s a friend who you want to be more than friends with but you can’t because something's making it complicated which makes them your complicated friend.”

Tara giggled at Willow’s mini-babble.

“I think I just made an ass of myself.” The redhead felt her cheeks burning and was for once glad Tara couldn’t see her.

“You didn’t. I understand what you said. So what are the rules in this complicated friendship?” Wondering what it meant to be Willow’s ‘complicated friend.’

“I’m not sure I haven't thought that far ahead.”

“Thank you for the ring Will.” The blonde decided to change the subject from the seriousness of the conversation.

Willow once again felt her cheeks burning. “Your welcome Tara. Did you have a good day?”

“I did. Did you?”

“It was ok. Still missing you though.”

“I miss you too sweetie.”

Willow Decided to end the conversation on that note before she got all emotional.

“Goodnight Tara.”

“Night Will.”

To Be Continued....

Auburn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 11:59 am 
Hey Gem:)

Ur update was kinda ouchy! i felt their pain oh so real:(

I guess time will heal their broken heart or maybe the next visit of Willow:D Hope they will get through that "tiny" problem. I wonder when Willow will talk to Buffy, i guess she will talk first with her and than maybe with Xander!

Great update!:clap

Cu:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:01 pm 
complicated friends...i like that! well not that W and T are, just the term.

this was another beautiful update, can't wait for them to get together again!

jen:fallen

There is such a variety of well-invented things that the earth is like the breasts of a woman: useful as well as pleasing - Nietzsche

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:02 pm 
uhm/ greatgreatgreat!

how will they get back together??

i can't think of any ways to keep tara at her house and keep willow at her job with her friends. blah!!!

i need an update, (yea, i'm aware you just updated...)

hehe'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

she had eyes bright enough to burn me --conor oberst

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 12:55 pm 
Hey Auburn!

Awesome update. Still feeling the hearts aching, and I understand that is part of the story. Their phone conversations are so sweet and touching.

There I was all sad for them when you threw in that Buffy comment "no ass pinching", LMAO. Thanks for that!

Nice touch too, Willow's conversation with the man at the market. I can just picture her doing that, yes, with that cute little smirk on her face. And that made Tara happy too -- we like any happiness they can have.

Can't wait for the next update!

Wimpy

Edited by: wimpy0729 at: 4/24/04 6:38 pm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 2:03 pm 
Great update! I loved their little conversations on the phone. But I would love it more, if they can talk to each other in person.

*lil´c*

"Okay, we’re here, we’re queer, let’s kick this shit into gear," Five by Five (Taras Shadow)

SweetAmber

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 4:38 pm 
AWW

*sighs happily*

so sweet.. *grins*

keep up the great work!!! :kgeek

*hugs*

Nickole

"Life is eternal; it has no beginning and no end. The loving friends we meet on our journey return to us time after time. We never die, because we were never really born."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 9:08 pm 
:( Awww... Lots of heartache in this update...

Though the phone calls make it better ...

Maybe Willow's job can transfer her to the town near Tara?

Great update! :)

~Mikaelah

Willow: "Where would you go? If you felt lost and alone? ..."

Tara: "To You..."

~~Truly and Forever~~

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:43 pm 
Sigh. I can just feel their sadness. I hope they are relieved soon.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:43 am 
Sweetie..that was so lovely, and so sad..god, I can definitely relate to that. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong. And those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler (Evan Rachel Wood)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:30 pm 
Awww, this is so darn sweet and I really sympathize with W & T. Can't wait to see how our girls work it out...

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:48 am 
I make you laugh,is that a good thing or not :p

Loved Buffy's comment about no ass pinching :lol

Great update :read

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 2:58 am 
:lol love Buffy's comment too! and how Willow responsed back innocently :D

I wonder how our girls will work it out...*sigh* it seems hard at this time...but I'm sure that it'll be alright soon! Right?! Right! *peering my big head real close* :flirt

by the way...this fic has a very sexy vibe hidden...:blush oh...you what I mean, I always have a thing with your fic ;)

*Fuzz*

Oir la noche inmensa, mas inmensa sin ella.Y el verso cae al alma como al pasto el rocio...Tonight I can write the saddest lines, the saddest lines about her.

~ Puedo Escribir / Sixpence None The Richer ~

Post subject: From Hell To Heaven
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:21 am 
Author name: Auburn

Email address: GemmaQT@hotmail.com

Rating: This part NC-17

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters but the story is mine.

Notes: I love being a kitten.

Tara tossed and turned as Willow’s hand made its way up her night shirt making her skin burn and creating a path of tingles that ran from the point of contact to the point of her pleasure. The redheads fingertips grazing teasingly over Tara’s upper thigh was driving the blonde insane if she wasn’t pinned so hard against Willow’s body and the bed Tara would have reversed their positions and done all the things she was having done to her, so much teasing and tantalising her mind was a blur.

Their mouths met gently but held all the passion and feeling they felt for each other their tongues danced and explored as they kissed. Willow was clearly taking Tara and the blonde was more than willing to be taken.

Nudging Tara’s legs apart with her knee Willow held herself up with her arms and pushed their centers together the blonde obliged by lifting her hips to add to the contact and both woman started a rhythm that took them by surprise as the pleasure intensified.

Tara held her breath as the waves of pleasure became harder and harder to suppress she didn’t want this experience to end so quickly. Slowing Willow’s hips with her hands the blonde pushed her up and unceremoniously gripped the waistband of the redheads underwear, yanking them down her legs and throwing them to the side the blonde then started on her own underwear. Achieving her goal Tara laid back down and pulled Willow’s hips to their previous position, taking it slow they once again set a rhythm.

Feeling Willow’s center push and slide against her own Tara bathed in the feeling of intimacy. The need and want vibrating of the redhead only added to Tara’s excitement as she pushed back into Willow.

The redhead bent her head running her tongue along the base of Tara’s neck to her jaw kissing her way to the blonde’s lips Willow ravished them with her own mouth and felt the blonde eagerly respond.

A beeping in the distance slowed the movement of Willow’s hand that was travelling up Tara’s stomach taking her nightshirt with it. Before the blonde could protest Willow began to lightly fade as the beeping got louder and louder.

Jolting upright in her bed Tara’s breath heaved, the dream had been so real and she had been so close. The remnants of the redhead’s center against hers made her body shiver. Slapping the alarm clock beside her bed in frustration Tara threw herself back with a grunt.

Willow sat on a train fidgeting as usual, these long journeys were part of her career but damn they could be annoying sometimes. Looking around her she could see people reading, doing word puzzles, listening to music or sleeping. She however sat anxiously twiddling her thumbs.

Buffy and Xander had been surprised when Willow announced that she was going back to work so soon after what had happened with her car, but the redhead was beside herself with boredom. Buffy presumed the boredom was amplified with missing Tara although they hadn’t quite had that conversation yet.

Willow and Tara had shared long conversations over the phone. The redhead made it a regular thing calling just before bedtime and Tara made sure she didn’t fall to sleep until after her ‘complicated friend’ had called. The thought of not hearing Willow’s voice before she went to sleep upset Tara more than she cared to admit. It seemed Willow was now a permanent fixture in her life and she thanked every God she could think of for the blessing.

The redhead stared out of the window her mind kept going back to the last time she saw Tara, her tear streaked face looking back at her as the car drove away. The house looked so different from when Willow first saw it, at first sight it looked old and misplaced like something out of a horror movie, but after meeting the person that spent every day within those four walls on her departure from the building Willow left with an understanding that although the outside looked deceiving inside was filled with love and happy memories.

Before leaving for Utah the redhead had called Tara and asked if it would be ok for her to stay over on her way home. Tara of course eagerly agreed and couldn’t wait to see Willow.

Realising her mind racing with memories and thoughts was beginning to give her a headache the redhead rested her head on the window of the train and tried to sleep.

Sitting in the backyard Tara bathed in the sun and also the new feelings running through her veins leaving a very noticeable smile on her face. In a few days she would get to see Willow again and her stomach did a little flop at the very thought of Willow’s mischievous eyes and fiery hair being here for her to see and touch rather than imagine. Her mid day dreaming was cut short by the shrill ring of the phone, but just lately that particular noise had been heaven to her ears. Tara ran to get the call not wanting to miss it.

“Hello sweetie.” The blonde answered.

“Tara?”

“Oh God Sheriff?”

A man chuckling on the other line made her cheeks blush the colour of her friends hair.

“Do you always answer the phone like that young lady?” He joked.

“No-no Sir I just thought you were someone else.”

“That’s ok Tara.”

“Is there something wrong Sheriff, I don’t mean to be so direct, but usually you only call if there‘s a problem.”

“Well I wish I were calling under better circumstances darlin.’ We’re having a bit of trouble down here. A man saw it fit to beat his wife into a bloody pulp she managed to escape though with her young daughter, I was just wondering if they could take refuge in your home with it being miles out and everything, ain’t no way he’s going to suspect they’re there. It’s not for long just until we get this psycho behind bars. You can say no if you want to you’re not obliged to do....”

“I’ll do it Sheriff.“ Tara interrupted sure of her answer and glad to be able to help. “Bring them over as soon as you can, but I have a visitor coming over in a few days that won’t be a problem will it?”

“If you trust this person Tara then so do I. Thank you so much darlin’ you were our last hope, they’ll be over in a few hours I’ll see you then.”

Tara spent most of her time waiting for the Sheriff cleaning her already clean house. She was glad when she heard the car pull into the drive and was saved from driving herself insane and damaging a perfectly good piece of furniture by rubbing the same spot for too long. For years the house had been a haven where she had been safely cocooned from the world outside and for years Tara thought that was a good thing. But now the real world was seeping through the very walls that had ‘protected’ her for so long and she loved it.

Running to the door the blonde watched the Sheriff usher woman and child towards the house.

“Hey Tara, you’re looking good.” The man greeted holding out his hand genuinely pleased at the smile that graced the young woman‘s face. Taking his hand the blonde gripped gently and shook.

“You too Sheriff.”

“Tara this is Katharine.” The man said pointing to the older woman. The blonde immediately recognised her as the woman she had seen many times in the cafe nursing her coffee covered in countless bruises “and this is Bell, Ladies this is Tara.” He introduced them. Bell was clinging tightly to her mother, her arms wrapped around her waist. Tara could picture herself years ago doing the same thing, holding her mother for comfort as they approached the large abandoned house seeking its protection.

Smiling sweetly the blonde stepped aside to let her new guests in.

Mother and child settled comfortably in the guestroom Tara pottered around in the kitchen putting things away, and if truth be told waiting for Willow to call.

Katherine and Bell hadn’t said much since their arrival, both seemed to be shocked into silence the pain on their faces was evident and Tara empathised having been in that position herself once. She had told Katherine that although it may seem impossible now, things really would get better to which the older woman smiled a grateful smile and insisted on helping Tara with her animals.

When Katherine had stepped outside into the large open space filled with barns and fields her demure immediately relaxed and a small smile spread on her face which told Tara the woman was more than impressed, when Katherine helped the blonde Tara also became impressed at how she eased into the routine and the older woman explained she had grown up on a farm, this felt natural and put her at ease.

Tara ran to the phone quickly and answered ‘hello’ instead of her previous uninhibited answer to the Sheriff.

“Hey you” Willow beamed on the other line. “Miss me?”

Tara chuckled lightly at the woman’s child like behaviour and a sudden blush swept over her face as she recalled the way she had woke up this morning.

“O-of course sweetie.”

“Hmmm” Willow thought for a moment. “I’ve spent exactly four days with you and listened to your voice every night ever since and something’s telling me you have something to tell me. Wait I don’t think that made sense....”

The blonde took a seat at the kitchen table and chuckled once again at the adorable redhead.

“Really? You could tell that just by my voice?”

“So you do have something to tell me? Is it bad? Are you ok? What is it will you just tell me because I‘m starting to panic!”

Laughing Tara quickly filled Willow in on the events of the day carefully leaving out how she needed a shower as soon as she awoke with the remnants of Willow‘s touch burning into her skin. The redhead was a little surprised about Katherine and Bell, but knew Tara was glad she was helping.

“It’s not dangerous is it Tara? I mean this guy won’t come looking for his wife and and and..... I don’t wanna think about it.”

“It’s ok Will, the Sheriff has all his men looking for this guy and a patrol car along the road just in case.”

“Ok that’s good.” Willow relaxed a little and smiled through the receiver as she heard the blonde yawn. So cute. “Go to sleep gorgeous I’ll call you tomorrow after the seminar when I leave Utah.”

“How long will it take you to get from there to here?”

“A couple of hours, my train gets in at 8:15pm.”

“Ok I’ll see you at the station Will, goodnight sweetie.”

“Goodnight, sweet dreams.”

Tapping her Thumbs on the steering wheel Tara hummed along to a song playing on her radio in the truck. The sun had taken refuge and the moon was shining brightly in contrast to the dark night sky as the blonde waited patiently in the car park of the train station. Having never been into a train station Tara timidly told Willow she was afraid of getting lost to which the redhead asserted it was very endearing how she was seeing Tara experience new things and would happily meet the blonde in the car park.

Tara had asked Katherine and Bell if they wanted to come along but the older woman had sensed the young woman’s excitement at her guests arrival and thought it best to leave them alone.

A light knock on the driver’s side window startled the blonde slightly before she realised who was the culprit. Opening the door she dived out of the vehicle and scooped Willow up into a fierce hug bathing in her scent and warmth. The redhead leaned back a little to capture Tara’s lips in a gentle kiss.

Blushing profusely the blonde finally spoke.

“Here you are. I-I mean without a phone, you’re here.”

“Nothing separating us?” Willow helped, understanding what Tara was saying.

“Exactly. I’m not dreaming am I? Pinch me?”

Willow beamed at her ‘complicated friend’ and leaned in to kiss her once again.

“That feels real right?”

Lifting her hand Tara brushed her fingertips lightly over her lips and nodded her agreement eagerly.

“Shall I drive? So you can have a rest?” Willow offered knowing it would have taken a while for her friend to get here.

Tara quickly kissed her then walked around the truck to the passenger side whilst Willow threw her suitcase into the back of the truck and jumped in. Settling herself she adjusted the seat and set the keys in the ignition her mind a little blurry at being so close to the woman who for the last few weeks had played a major role in her life and made her previously ordinary world a little less...well... ordinary and a lot more interesting.

Sliding across the adjoined seat Tara made herself comfortable against the slight frame next to her and revelled in the closeness.

“So, how was life back in Sunnydale?” The blonde enquired resting her head on Willow’s shoulder.

“Uhmm... it was missing a vital ingredient to make the town true to it’s name.” The redhead smiled coyly.

“Oh really? What was that?”

“A certain blonde haired, blue eyed goddess. I can’t remember her name though....” Willow teased.

Tara giggled infectiously at the adorable woman beside her and snuggled in closer. Realising she had never seen Willow driving before she enjoyed in the experience.

In the early hours of the morning Willow and Tara finally arrived at the house tired but happy. The smiles permanently etched onto their faces showed no sign of dissipating as they made their way upstairs hand in hand trying to be quiet as not to wake Tara’s guests. Leading the redhead towards her room in the dark Tara switched on the light and gently closed the door behind them. Removing her coat Willow tried to stifle a yawn with the back of her and only to receive an adoring look from the blonde. Knitting her eyebrows together she questioned with her facial expressions.

“It was cute.” Was the only answer Tara gave before twizzeling her finger indicating she would like Willow to turn round so she could change.

“Yawning is not cute.” The redhead argued.

“Normally I would agree, but it was you that yawned so there was an exception.” Tara explained whilst changing into some over sized pyjama’s.

“Is everything I do cute?” Willow asked also taking the opportunity to change as she grabbed a night shirt from her bag.

“Pretty much.” The blonde nodded.

Thinking about that for a moment Willow smiled.

“Even this?”

Turning to see what Willow meant Tara suddenly snorted with laughter at the face her friend was pulling.

To Be Continued....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:45 am 
A dream? That was horrible (in the good way):blush . So glad that they're back together, if only for a little while. And Tara taking in the mother/child is so Tara-like, even if it means less private time. Thanks for the update.

Yvonne:peace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:38 am 
Great update! :D And yay for Willow and Tara being together again.

Maybe Katherine and Bell can stay at the house and Tara could go back to Sunnydale with Willow. ;)

*lil´c*

"I am S-E-X-Y" Amber at the FedCon

SweetAmber ~~~ Amber Board

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:40 am 
YAY UPDATE!!

And what a great way to start it! :eyebrow OMG

Tara wasn't the only one needing a shower!

I've really missed this fic!

Loved Tara being so kindhearted, although it kinda makes me nervous knowing it could possibly put her in danger. I'm gonna try not to think like that.

But I'm so glad Willow got to stop by on her trip. Makes me all :bounce :bounce

Maybe she can make Tara's dream come true??!! :D

You just had to leave it there -- grrr!

Please, please don't make us wait very long until the next update!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:38 am 
Sweetie..great update :heart . And awww..it was just a dream?? well, maybe it can become real?:love . Love sam xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next