The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Great update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:26 pm 
Careful...Missocki could be pulling our legs :laugh ...

That was SOOOOOOO cute...

MORE...PLEASE

Post subject: Re: Great update
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:19 pm 
cool update. i'm looking forward to hearing more about how willow and tara got together. and "the bad bit" buffy and spike? and talkign about coming up :seesaw

Post subject: Re: Ch. 5: Replies
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:57 am 
Arwen: I am ecstatic that you love how Tara told Buffy.

A Yay for me? Squee!

Lil C: To tell you the truth, it's so much fun to write them. And there will be more of them.

Christina: The suspense is killing you? Well we can't have that now can we. As for faking you guys out... :sh

The Rose24: Isn't she though? :p As for the Spike and your feeling, all I can say is that you will have to read the next update.

Reds: Thank you. As for the questions, I will reveal that soon. :kdevil

irishlassie101: Cute you say? Then I say yay!

hin768: I'm glad you are looking forward to it. More of that in the next update I promise.

:seesaw huh? :glasses

Alright, so now about the next update. I am working on it right now. :kgeek It's going to be quite lengthy and much will happen so hold on tight. I should have it finished by the end of the day today.

I hope no one wants to :punish me yet....

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom, then I can call myself famous." -Amber Benson

"Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly." -Rose Franken

Post subject: Ch. 6: It’s A Shame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:05 am 
Ch. 6: It’s A Shame

Buffy awoke early the next morning. Looking at her only child she smiled. The child had a drool spot on her pillow and was slightly snoring. She then got up and got ready for the drive ahead. After finishing she decided it was time for Joy to be conscious. She then began to jump on the bed next to her daughter.

“Rupe, cut it out! I wanna sleep! I’m not gunna do homework this early in the morning,” she grumbled as she put her pillow over her head.

“Since when am I you’re little lover boy?”

“Mom?” was the muffled reply that came from underneath the pillow.

“Your one and only, unlike a friend of yours that has two.”

“Funny. But why are we getting up so damn early?”

“Well, two reasons. One, we’ve got a lot of driving to get under our belts by tonight, and I don’t want to be driving past nine o’clock. Two, and the most important, I’m your mother and I said so!” She answered as she looked down at her daughter.

“Alright, alright, I’m up, I’m up.”

“Oh Yay! Now, what was that all about with Rupert and homework?”

“Oh, um, I was dreaming about him,” she blushed, “and this one time when I spent the night over at his house. He wanted to get up early to watch cartoons and do homework. On a Saturday? I might love him to pieces but no.”

“Yup, you’re my child, and he is definitely his mother’s child.”

“No kidding.”

“Well, enough talking, go shower and get dressed and I’ll go finish getting everything finished and even get breakfast too.”

“Maybe Mochas?”

“You hang out with Willow too much.”

“Oh, you love them too.”

“That’s not the point. Now go get in before I call Rupert and tell him all about you love for them and how you would like to hug and squeeze him forever and ever.” Joy bolted out of the bed and was in the bathroom faster than Buffy could blink.

When Buffy returned to the room, Joy was completely ready to go, she even had all of her things packed and next to the door.

“I was joking about the whole embarrassing you thing.”

“I know, but I remember that we, and by that I mean you, were in the middle of a certain story about two lovely ladies that I have known about my whole life.”

“I was wasn’t I? Huh. Oh, well.”

“What?!” Buffy laughed.

“And another point for the mom while the daughter has yet to score.”

“Well, crap. This just isn’t fair.”

“Who said life was fair?”

“That one guy, he had hair and um, eyes.”

“Oh of course how could I have forgotten? What was I thinking?”

“You think? That’s news. I’ll call the Today show!” She went to the phone.

“Alright, you have one point.”

“That’s better.”

After eating and packing up the car, Buffy was once again behind the wheel and Joy was in the passenger side.

“So were was I?”

“Tara told you about her love for Willow.”

“Oh yes.”

‘Well, I don’t remember much after that news was revealed, save for the fact that Dawn was really annoying that night.’

“Don’t you know that’s who taught me all I know?”

“I knew it! But anyway-”

‘So the summer ended. Xander was with Anya, who as it turned out was going to school with us. I had started to date Riley. As for Willow and Tara, I only knew how Tara felt. I honestly didn’t know where Willow stood. I didn’t know how to approach the subject so I let it be.

Classes started up and it was nothing new, except for the new librarian. Who, not to my surprise, knew my mother, but what did surprise me was that he had started to date her after meeting her on parent-teachers night.’

“That’s how Grandpa and Grandma met?”

“Yeah. I was totally wigged at first, but he has been the best father me or Dawn could have ever wanted.”

“Yeah, he’s a kick ass Grandpa too.” Buffy nodded and continued.

‘Yup, I found out the night of the Homecoming dance. The six of us were going to the dance together. Everyone looked amazing. It was so much fun. We decided to go to the beach and have a picnic under the stars. We had originally decided to leave our change of clothes at Willow’s house, but we left them at mine. We went back to the house and opened the door to find Mom and Dad making out on the couch.’

“Mom. Mom. Mommy?” Buffy first asked as a whisper and ended in a yell.

“Buffy? What are you doing home?” She and Dad sprung apart faster than I could blink.

“Catching you and Giles making out apparently.” Willow and Tara tried to calm me down.

“Obviously.” Anya wasn’t helping.

“Buffy I’m sorry you saw this. I wanted to break this to you much gentler.”

I remember taking a deep breath and thinking about what I just saw. “It’s alright Mom. You’re both adults and if you really like each other. Then I’m behind the both of you.” I recall seeing five sets of dropped jaws.’

“Wow that was really mature. Are you making that up?”

“Hey! And no. To tell the truth I really liked him. Not to mention I actually introduced him to your Grandmother in the hopes they would hit it off. But I didn’t think it would work. Even though she never said anything, I knew she was lonely. My parents divorce was hard on all of us, but her especially.”

“Huh. Where’s Hank these days anyway?”

“You know the last I heard he was in Spain with a secretary. But that was years ago.”

“Well, he can stay there. I didn’t like him the two times I saw him anyway.”

“I know, but I’ve made my peace over the years. If he hadn’t bailed on us the way he did, we would have Giles around and I love him much more. He’s always been there for all of us. He’s been everyone’s Dad. Why do you think Rupe got his name?”

“I knew that!” she blew a raspberry in her mother’s direction. “So what else happened that night?”

‘Well, after the whole walk in thingy, us girls got changed and everyone drove down to the beach. It was a starry night. We sat around the fire playing silly games and telling scary stories and stupid jokes. After awhile, Xander took Anya home. Then me and Riley went for a walk. It was lovely. Then walking back towards the fire I noticed that Tara and Willow were sitting really close to each other. Riley decided to walk to the car and get his jacket. I decided to go sit next to the fire. As I got even closer I noticed that Willow’s arm was around Tara shoulder and her head was Will’s shoulder. She then pulled back slightly. Their faces were only inches apart. Willow ducked her head and slowly closed the gap between her and Tara, who was doing the same thing. I remember thinking, ‘Okay so maybe Willow is a little gay.’ They were so close I knew they could feel each other’s breath on their lips. They wet their lips-

“SON OF A BITCH! STUPID ROCK!” Riley’s cry of pain cut though the air and the moment like a knife. Willow and Tara sprung apart and stood to find the source of the cry. I ran to him. It turned out he stepped on a rock barefooted.’

“What a dork.”

“Yeah, a hottie, but a dork. And that’s kinda why I broke up with him.”

‘He told me that he was going to join the army and was leaving the next week that night.‘

“Buffy, I’m leaving and I want you to come with me.”

“What? I can’t.”

“Why not? I love you.”

“I still have to graduate. I am only seventeen, I can’t go. I’m sorry.”

“But don’t you love me?” I looked away from his pleading eyes. I knew that deep down, Riley wasn’t the man I saw myself having children with or growing old together.

“I’m sorry.” He looked in me the eye. He sighed and hugged me.

“It’s okay. Will you at least write me every now and then?”

“Sure.”

“Did you? Write to him I mean?”

“Once every other month. We’re good friends now. He is married to a woman named Sam, who he met at boot camp. They are now in Fort Wainwright Alaska.”

“Hmm. So what happened with Tara and Willow?”

‘Well, after the rock thing, they went for a walk along the beach. I called for them after Riley and I spilt. We left the beach and Riley dropped each off at Willow’s. We put on some pjs and watched a movie. Willow not surprisingly, fell asleep during it.

“Tara?” I whispered so not to wake up Willow.

“Buffy?” Tara whispered back.

“What was happening around the fire earlier?”

“What are you taking about?”

“I saw you and Willow. You guys almost kissed.”

“You saw that, huh?”

“Yeah. I also saw that you were interrupted. Did you kiss her during your walk?”

“No.”

“Tell me you guys at least talked about what almost happened.”

“No. I d-don’t want to scare her or freak her out. Especially if she did mean to kiss me.”

“Didn’t want to? I saw her inching toward you too.”

“No she wasn’t. She does not want me like I want her.”

“And why is that?”

“Well, she’s straight, for one thing. And even if she wasn’t, it not like she would like I was pretty or even want someone like me.”

“You’re crazy.”

“Huh?”

“Willow would have to be crazy to not like you. And seeing as you’re crazy too, you’re made for each other. She does love you. It’s just a question of whether it’s romantic or platonic love.”

“I’m hoping for the first.”

“Me too.”

“Really?”

“Yes. I have to admit the two of you were so damn cute dancing last night.”

“You think?”

“Absolutely.”

We fell asleep soon after. The rest of the semester went along pretty eventfully. With of course the exception of me and Tara trying to figure out exactly how Willow felt about Tara.’

“You couldn’t figure it out?”

“Not without directly asking her.”

“So why didn’t you?”

“Because that would have been the logical idea.”

“I see.”

“But during Christmas break we got our answer.”

“Did she tell Tara? Did she tell you?”

‘It was the night of our first day off. Me and the gang went to the Bronze to celebrate. Willow had been acting rather strangely all night, and it stumped the rest of us. Around midnight I was driving Tara and Willow back to my place for another sleepover.

I was driving down Main as I talked to Tara, who was up front, and Willow, who was in the back behind me. Willow was still rather quite, which, for Willow anyway, is discomforting at best. I caught a red light and stopped. I turned to Willow and gave her a goofy grin and she laughed slightly as did Tara, but she stayed in her own little world.

“Willow are you okay? You’re kinda quite.” I finally asked.

“Umm? Oh, I’m fine I was just thinking.”

“About what?” Tara asked.

“Nothing,” she blushed slightly, “Just feeling a little introverted today.”

“Oh, okay,” the light turned green and I started drive forward, keeping my eyes on the street in front of me. “But you do realize that we love you and if you ever need to talk about anything you can tell us right?”

“I know. And I love you guys too-” Willow responded. Suddenly I had bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I looked out the window on the passenger side window to see a set of headlights coming toward us fast in the middle of the intersection. I remember the sickening crunch as the other car hit us and the feeling of being my head on the steering wheel just before I passed out.

I then remembered a light shining in my right eye. I saw paramedics standing in front of me. “What happened?“

“You were in an accident.“

“Are my friends okay?“

“We are working on them now.” I then remember hearing another paramedic saying, “The passenger is crashing.”

“Is Tara dying?”

“Just relax, she’ll be fine. Now just be quite and don’t move around.”

I also remember hearing a British man’s voice.

“What took you lot so long? I called twenty minutes ago.” I turned my head as the paramedics were working on me, and saw a cop talking to the source of the voice, a tall brunette man with a sculptured face, wearing a leather duster. Another man walked to him.

“Spike what are you doing?”

“Spike is it? What happened here?” the officer asked.

“Actually it’s William Blood, the other is just a nickname. I was walking home and saw a truck ran the red light and hit that Jeep. Are they okay?” he looked to me. He saw that my eyes were open and smiled at me, and I smiled back. That smile was the last thing I saw before I passed out again.

“Dad called the paramedics?”

“Yup, and he even pulled us all out of the car,

before it got fire.”

“What happened to Willow and Tara?”

“Pit stop. I have to get some more gas, and look at that, it’s lunch time.”

“You are evil.”

“Yeah, just a little.”

"Dad's nickname was SPIKE!?!"

"I think when I cease to go to the bathroom, then I can call myself famous." -Amber Benson

Edited by: Missocki at: 4/4/05 9:15 am

Post subject: Re: Ch. 6: It’s A Shame
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:41 am 
Eep! Car crash :paranoid

I've just caught up, and I've really enjoyed having the story told through Buffy and Joy. She's such a cute kid, she's got everything that's great about Buffy. I love their back-and-forth teasing and baiting each other :lmao And it's great seeing how all the Sunnydale characters are integrated into the story without recourse to vampires and slayers - "Dad's nickname was 'Spike'?!" Heh :D More please :bow

Also with the pleading and bowing :bow may I please host this story on Through the Looking-glass? :pray If so, and you'd like an email address on it, you can contact me at alia@netspace.net.au, or if you'd prefer not I can link back to this thread for people to leave feedback. Either way, I hope you'll say yes :D Thanks for writing :)

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

Smut Bunnies!: Saving the world, sexily!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:39 pm 
OK so Spike is Joy´s father. :)

I hope Tara and Willow are ok. :pray

*lil´c*

SweetAmber (approved and supported by Amber Benson)

Benson Store (official website of Benson Entertainment)

SweetAmber group

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:27 pm 
SPIKE! I could've known... LOL! And I hope Willow and Tara are okay, too...! :smash

And I say there's trouble when everything is fine...

The need to destroy things creeps up on me every time

And just as love's silhouette appears, I close my eyes and disappear tonight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:38 pm 
:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Finally...SPIKE...

finally he gets to be the good guy...:banana :banana :banana

MORE...PLEASE... !!!!!!!!!

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:48 pm 
Yessssss Spike's the dad. That's so cool. I am so into this story. I can't wait for more. I also love the fact that Giles and Joyce got together.

Christina

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:31 pm 
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!!

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 8:33 pm 
I KNEW IT, I KNEW IT!!!! :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

YAY!!! That was a great update. But, Buffy was a meanie by stopping right there. So you are gonna update soon so we find out what happened to Tara, right??? Please??? Anyhoo, great work, awesome story and hope to see more soon. Take care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

"Don't buy into all the media crap. Love yourself for who you are, not what others THINK you should look like. It's DEFINITELY more important in this life to love each other despite our imperfections." - Amber Benson

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:53 pm 
I am still loving the W/T part, but I am not too crazy about Spike being Buffy's husband. I will keep enjoying the W/T parts.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:35 am 
I found this wonderful story on Chris Cook's Through the looking glass and had to come here to tell you how much I enjoy it. The Mother-Daughter interaction is great and I'll be watching to see where you take us. Thanks Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 2:56 pm 
Ha! i knew it was Spike.. HAHA!!!! sooo r they okay car crash and all... thats just sad and scary... is that part of the drama??

-reds:willow

Meine Banane tanzt für Rußflocke :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'er the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

Post subject: Replies Ch. 6
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:26 pm 
Artemis: Thanks, I like messing with what we know and seeing things from another point of view.

And again with the WOOT! :dance I'm on Through the Looking-glass! The banner you made kicks serious arse! It's beter than I could have imagined!

lil' c: Oh, I think they just might be okay... maybe. :devilish

lil fled: Should you have now? :stink

irishlassie101: I know right? I just thought that maybe he could be that sweet cool normal guy. :p

cperrins78: Yeah, he's the Daddy. As for Joyce and Giles, I always wanted to see them together. :luv2

Aaron: Update soon? Well... okay. I happy you heart the update. :banana

The Rose24: Glad you like the W/T parts, but sad you don't heart William. But you can't please everyone. But he might not be as bad as you think:hmm ....

Traveler4069: I'm so excited you loved this story. :applause

WickedReds: When isn't a car crash dramatic? :aww But yeah, I'm glad you and other readers caught on that it was William. I love to drop hints just to see who catches on.

I'm working on the next update now, it should be up sometime this evening, I've got some things to cover and some *angst* :letter to write :kgeek .....

Post subject: Ch. 7: Almost To The Finish Line
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:00 pm 
Ch.7:Almost To The Finish Line

After practically woofing down her lunch, Joy dragged her mother out of the restaurant before she had even really finished, barely giving her time to pay for the sandwiches they just ate.

“Are you in a hurry or something?” Buffy asked, knowing fully well what her girl’s rush was.

“I just want to get there,” she replied as she unlocked the doors and got behind the wheel.

“Oh, so it’s not because you want to know what happened? Cool, I can take a nap then,” Buffy faked a yawn and curled up as much as she could in the passenger’s seat.

“I didn’t say that! So spill!”

“Gawd! You are just so gullible!”

“Stop stalling! Please Mommy?”

“Now that’s the magic word!”

‘I remember light flooding my closed eyes. I recall thinking ‘Why is it so bright? It’s midnight?’ I slowly opened my eyes and saw the man from earlier sitting in the chair facing my bed.

“Good Morning. How are you feeling?” He asked with a gentle grin.

“Like I got hit by a truck,” I tried to laugh, but that was incredibly painful. He frowned and his eyebrows furrowed.

“Maybe you shouldn’t crack too many jokes, you might crack a rib. I guess I should leave out the flirty jokes too,” his eyes widened as he realized what he said, “Did I just say that out loud?” He looked to the floor, a blush spreading over his cheeks.

“You did, but does that mean I can’t make any flirty jokes?” I gave my sweetest smile, and he looked back to eyes.

“You can if you want to,” the grin returned to his face.

“Well, maybe I might.” I looked around the room and saw that we were the only people in the room. “Where’s Willow? What about Tara?”

“Your friends?”

“Yeah.”

“They’re in the next room over.”

“How are they?”

“Well, Willow woke up earlier, but went back to sleep. The doctors said that she had a broken left arm and concussion, but she’ll be fine.”

“And Tara?” He looked away from me again.

“Is she d-d-d-dd-dead?” I finally managed to ask. My heart was pounding. ’She can’t, she isn’t. If she is you better lie to me. Please lie to me.’

“Oh, no.” he answered kindly, “but, she was really hurt. She is in a deep coma. They have absolutely no idea when she’ll wake up. I’m sorry,” he stood up and sat on the edge of the bed and gently placed his hand on my shoulder. I started to cry and I reached out and pulled him to me. He put his arms around me as his gently lowered himself to the bed. I remember feeling his hand rubbing my back and his other hand running the length of my hair, as him whispered over and over again, ’it’ll be alright.’

It was odd, how he just let me cry. I don’t know how long I cried, but he still did make an effort to make me stop, just to make me feel better. And somehow he did. I gently pulled back and looked into his blue-grey eyes, soft and kind. “I’m sorry I got you all wet.”

“Better me than you…er I mean, it’s okay really. I’ll take your tears any time.”

“Sorry, umm, it’s William right?”

“Yeah, how did you know?.”

“I overheard you and the police talking last night.”

“Oh,” he blushed slightly. "You heard that?”

“Yes, and thank you. For everything.”

“Bollocks. It’s was nothing,” he away and scratched his head.

“But William, why are you here? Not that I mind or anything.”

“Oh, I came to see if you and your mates were alright. I sent your parents to go eat something.”

“They’re here?”

“Of course. They send they’re love.”

“How long have I been sleeping?”

“Well, the accident was Saturday night…”

“Yeah and…”

“It’s Monday afternoon.”

“You’re kidding!”

“Wish I were. So would you like me to go get your parents?”

“That’s alright, let them eat,” as I finished saying that there was a light knock on the door.

“Is she awake?” It was Willow, her voice full of hope.

“Yes I am. Come in Will!” The door slowly opened and Willow walked in. She looked tired, she had a black eye and a bright pink cast on her broken appendage.

“Hi Buff!” Willow greeted. I could tell she didn’t feel half-way near as cheerful as she was trying to be.

“Hi Will! Come sit down.” I pointed to the other chair next to my bed.

“Hello William.” Willow waved.

“Willow,” he greeted her with a nod, “I’ll leave to let you ladies catch up. Bye Buffy, Willow, I’m happy your alright.”

“Bye William.”

“Goodbye, oh and William?”

“Yeah?”

“Could you come visit me soon?”

“Sure luv. Bye,” and with that he left the room.

“Willow you know him?”

“Yeah, he’s visited everyday since we got here, once in the morning and once in the evening, checking on the three of us.”

“Wow. So how are you holding up?”

“Bad. I couldn’t be in that room anymore. It hurts to Tara that way, but at the same time, I want to stay and watch her.”

“So, her mother said ‘you should go see Buffy, I’ll be here’ right?”

“Hehe. Yeah. She looks so fragile. But she’s not, she’s strong.”

“I know. I don’t know how I’m able to not cry right now.”

“Same here, I woke up and they told me about her, and it took my passing out to fall back to sleep. She doesn’t deserve that. She has been though so much in her life and then this? Why? Buffy, why this? Why her? It NOT fair!”

“It will be okay, Will, she’ll beat this.”

“How do you know? HOW? What if she never wakes up? What if she dies?! What if she never finds out that I love her?!”

“I love her too Will, she knows.”

“No, Buffy, I mean,” she inhaled deeply, letting her breath out in a quick sigh, “I love her. I’m IN love with her. Like as in us getting married, having children, complaining that the neighborhood kids have their music too loud and finding out that our kid’s over there, sending them to college, watch them get married, spoiling their kids, just growing old together. I love her!”

My jaw dropped, “Oh! Really, Will?”

“Yes.”

“I can’t believe it Will! You love Tare Will?” I couldn’t stand it anymore. All those months of not knowing, questioning, all made as clear as day. I laughed, loud and hard.

“Why are you laughing?! Tara’s in a coma and I’m completely in love with her, and just told you I’m gay, and you’re laughing?” Willow looked mad.

“I’m sorry, it’s just that I was trying to figure something out for, um a friend, and I finally know. I’m just relieved.”

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t worry about it. I guess I’m just on emotional overload. I’m only going a little crazy.”

“Crazy? Yeah, that sounds about right. Buffy will you just tell me what you’re talking about!” Willow put on her resolve face.

“No fair! You know I can’t fight that!”

“I know.”

“Man, she’s gunna be mad, but I promised her I wouldn’t tell anyone, especially you.”

“Who are you talking about?”

“Tara.”

“What about Tara?”

“She loves you, Willow,” I put my hands on her shoulders, locking eyes with her, “while you with your parents over the summer, she told me that she was gay, and that she was totally in love with, and I quote, ‘sweet, beautiful, smart, green-eyed, redheaded, wonderful Willow’. Well, ever since that we’ve been trying to figure out how you felt. So, six months later, relief.”

“She loves me too?”

“Since she’s known you,” I offered a small smile. Willow smiled wide for a second and then burst into tears. I hugged her and cried too. ’Tara you better wake up. The woman that you love loves you too. You two crazy kids better get together soon.’

“That’s what I’m saying!” Joy exclaimed.

“I know, but do you know what else I know?”

“What?”

“What happens next!”

“Tell me!”

‘Well, Willow calmed down after a while and my parents came in. I was glad to see them. They looked worried, but were happy I was up and about, or at least as much as I could be. I then asked them to do me a favor.’

“So will you?”

“Of course. I’ll go get a nurse.” So Giles got the nurses to move all three of us into a bigger room, that very afternoon. Then, of course, visiting hours ended just as we were settled. Our parents left and it was just me, Willow and Tara. Willow walked over to Tara’s bed and carefully lay herself next to her.

“Hey Tare. I miss your eyes. Will you show them to me?” She gently kissed Tara’s bandaged head. “Please?” She then lightly laid her arm over Tara waist. “You know there’s something I have to tell you, that I love you,” she sweetly kissed her.

“We’re here!” Buffy exclaimed to her daughter.

“What?! Where?”

“Here here!”

“You mean there is here which is where we are?”

“Exactly.”

“Wow, California to Florida in three days? Either we rock or you drive like an NASCAR Racer.”

“Umm both? But it’s time to check into the hotel and I’m thinking Steak and Shake, only for the fact that they’re the only place I know that’s open this late at night.”

“Sweet! My first meal in Gainesville!”

“And hopefully it won’t be the last!”

“Are you trying to say something?”

“Like that what? You gunna come running back to Sunnydale to your Mommy after a week of classes? Noooo! Of course not!”

“Yeah, but if that happens you won’t get your money back!” Buffy’s eyes widened.

“Okay so you’re going to be on the Dean’s List…”

“That’s better! Speaking of better, when are you going to finish the story?”

“Tomorrow morning before we start moving your stuff into your dorm room.”

“I can’t believe your making me wait!”

Post subject: Re: Ch. 7: Almost To The Finish Line
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:02 pm 
Yay!!! :applause :applause :applause

Willow has admitted her feelings for Tara, now all we need is for Tara to come out of that coma.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:25 am 
See what happens when I'm away for a while. I don't have a chance to tell you straight away how much I like this fic. Another excellent one Missocki, I'm impressed. :clap

And I loved this line

Quote:
“You mean there is here which is where we are?” "Exactly"

A good example of Buffy-speak.

Keep with the updates, including your other fics (hint hint). Can't wait for more.

-wiccanbotanist

I like having low self-esteem, makes me feel special - Jane Lane (from Daria)

Sugas mea papilium (Suck my butterfly) - A Woman in Uniform by umgaynow

I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:29 am 
:heart Heartfelt declaration of love from Willow - Tara's gotta wake up for that, doesn't she? :paranoid

Still love the evil Buffy teasing :D

Thanks for the update :bow

Chris Cook

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 8:46 am 
Great update! :D Tara needs to wake up!!!!

*lil´c*

SweetAmber group

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 2:33 pm 
OH MY GOODNESS, I agree, Tara needs to wake up. I liked how William had been watching over the three of them while they had been in the hospital. But, I really wish Tara would wake up. Oh, heehee, and poor Joy having to wait for the rest of the story.

Anyhoo, great update and great story. Hope to see more soon, but you can take your time, though. Just not too long, heehee. Take care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:09 am 
Buffy is hilarious, as usual, and Tara just has to wake up soon rather than later... since Willow just poured out a heartfelt declaration of love... or are you going to keep us waiting and keep her in the coma for a while?

I got bitten by a drunk lesbian! Does that mean I'll turn into one?

~my friend Mary

Post subject: Ch. 7 Replies
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:17 pm 
The Rose24: Yes, Tara does need to wake up doesn't she?

wiccanbotanist: You're impressed!? WEEE! I'm glad you loved that line, I loved writing it. Updates for other stories? Well, maybe ;)

Artemis: Maybe...:kdevil You're welcome for the update. :D

lil' c: Thank you! I think she should wake up soon.

Aaron: Thanks for the grant of time. But don't worry I did. I hope it wasn't too long of a wait.

Tempest Duer: I'll never tell.... well, maybe I'll tell you... later. :devilish

Post subject: Ch. 8: The Happy Ending?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:30 pm 
Ch 8: The Happy Ending?

“Well, I am your mother, and I reserve my rights to mess with your fragile psyche.”

“That’s a two dollar word right there.”

“Good thing I’m good for it." Buffy grabbed her overnight bag, as did Joy and they walked into the hotel. After a quick check of the room, they went to the still open diner. They sat down in a booth and ordered.

“I’ll be right back Mom.”

“Take your time,” Buffy smiled and waited until Joy had left the table to pull out her cell phone, dialing her best friend’s number.

“Hello?”

“Hi Willow.”

“Hey Buff. Are you guys here yet?”

“Sure are. So, the plan is still on right?”

“Of course, we’re here, including your husband. Your daughter won’t see this coming. I’m so excited!”

“Me too, oh I think she coming back, I’ll call you tonight. Bye!”

“Bye!” Buffy hung up and started to call William.

“Hi honey!”

“Hello ducks. So you’re here huh? Good.”

“Yup! I can’t believe our little girl is going to college!”

“I know honey, but you can call her any time you want. And we will have the house to ourselves…”

“I forgot about that,” Buffy grinned. Joy walked to the table.

“What are you smiling about Mom?”

“What? Oh, nothing, well nothing that you need to know about.”

“Oh God, please don’t tell me. So, I’m going out on a limb to say your talking to Daddy?”

“Yes, would you like to talk to him?”

“Gimme!” Buffy handed her the phone.

“Hello niblet.”

“Hi Daddy! Or should I say Spike?” she smirked. Buffy slapped her own forehead.

“Damn it! Your mother told you that part huh?”

“Yeah, but you? Spike? Where did that come from?”

“I was in a band and it was a thing.”

“Alright, I’ll let it go, but I’m gunna love having this leverage over your head.”

“Maybe I’ve taught you my evil ways too well.”

“Nah. Well, our food is here so I have to go. I love you Daddy.”

“I love you too Pet.” She hung up and handed the phone back to her mom.

“My father is weird. Why did you marry him anyway?”

“Simple, I love him.”

The next morning, the mother/daughter duo checked out early and headed to the University campus.

“Look Mom! The University of Florida! We’re really here!”

“Yup, and according to my directions, your dorm is right up the road.”

After getting the keys for the room, they started to unpack.

“Mom?”

“I know sweetie, you want me to continue with the story, right?”

“It’s like you know me!”

“Hey Tare. I miss your eyes. Will you show them to me?” She gently kissed Tara’s bandaged head. “Please?” She then lightly laid her arm over Tara waist. “You know there’s something I have to tell you, that I love you,” she sweetly kissed her.

As she did Tara kissed her gently back, a phantom of movement, but it was there. Willow propped herself up on her good arm and watched Tara’s face with a glow of hope in her eyes. Tara eyes started to twitch and flutter, slowly she began to stir, her toes and fingers also beginning to move. After a few heart stilling moments Tara opened her eyes.

“That’s my girl,” Willow whispered so lightly I barely heard it.

“W-willow?” Tara asked softly.

“I’m here.”

“I had the strangest dream. I was in a weird new bed and you were talking to me and you kissed me.”

“You are and I did.”

“You did? Why?”

“Because I love you with the whole of my entire being.”

“You do?” Tara’s eyes widened, shining with hopeful glee.

“More than I have words to express it.”

“I love you too.” They shared a loving smile. They seemed lost in each other’s eyes. Tara was the first to break it. “Can you just be kissing me now?” Willow nodded, and ducked down kissing Tara with all the love she had in her, as Tara kissed her back with the same.’

“Aww. That’s so cute!! Then what happened?”

“Well, we left the hospital a week before Christmas. Tara and Willow were dating, and soon your father and I also began to see each other. That was the best semester, which was great because it was our last. We went to Prom, which was the best night of our lives, at least up until then. We all graduated in that May, and in the fall us girls went to UC Sunnydale and Xander started working in construction. After graduation, your father and I got married, and two months later, your Aunt Tara and Aunt Willow got married, one month after the law allowing same sex marriage was passed. Your Uncle Xander and Aunt Anya married two years before the rest of us. One year later we got married, we had you and they had Rupert, and yeah, even little Xander Jr., or Alex as you know him, was born that year as well. And you know the rest, I mean, you were there.”

“That’s so cute, all of you having kids the same age.”

“Yeah, it’s weird how things work out.”

“Speaking of kids, do you think Rupe is settled in yet?”

“I don’t know, but if you like I could go check the mail to see if he sent the letter.”

“Please?” Buffy left the room. She dialed Willow’s number on her cell once she got outside.

“Willow, meet me outside!” Buffy went to the commons area of the dorms and waited for Willow. Five minutes later, she showed up, but she wasn’t alone. Tara, their son Rupert, and her husband were there too.

“Buffy!” Willow ran up and hugged Buffy, as did the rest of the Rosenbergs. William walked up and picked Buffy up twirled her around before getting her a sweet slow kiss. Buffy smiled and turned to her nephew.

“So, kiddo, ready to get this sweet little plan of yours into action."

He gulped, “Yeah. As much as I’ll ever be. But what if it backfires?! Then she’ll be all weirded out and she’ll no longer talk to me and then she won’t be my friend anymore and I’ll have to change colleges and I’ll grow old and be that old man who sits on his porch and yells at the kids who walk too close to my yard! And-”

“Will? Will you tell your son that it will be just fine?” Buffy stopped Rupe before he passed out.

“Honey, it will work. Just trust us. Things worked out for us, and they will work out for you too. Now, give Buffy the letter. Then we’ll go from there.” Rupe pulled out his letter to Joy, and gave it to Buffy.

“Here we go.” The little group went back into the dorm. Buffy went into her child’s room, while Rupe, William, Willow, and Tara waited quietly in the hall.

Joy was making her bed as Buffy walked in. “Hi Mom! Did you get it? Is it here?”

“Yes Ma’am. Here you go.” Buffy handed her the letter and kissed her forehead. “I’ll be back in a few, I gotta go potty.” Joy laughed as she looked at the letter in her hands. Buffy left the room, nodding to the redheaded blue eyed young man in the hall as the door shut behind her.

Joy read the address in the corner of the envelope. Her eyes widened as she read the address. ‘Buckman Hall? Gainesville?’ “What? But that's this buliding!” She tore open the envelope, still facing the door her mother left though. She opened the letter.

‘LOOK UP’ was all it said, so she did.

“Surprise,” Rupert was standing right in front of her.

Her jaw dropped and she managed to choke out, “How?”

“Do you remember how I applied here with you for moral support? Well, I found out I got in a few days after you did. I kept that to myself, so you could decide for yourself where you wanted to go.”

“Why here though? I thought you wanted to go to-”

“UNC? Yeah, I did, but it just didn’t have one thing I needed.”

“What?”

“You.”

“Huh?”

“I love you Joy.” He said, his whole face painted with a pleading wishful face.

“I love you too-” Joy said with a smile, but Rupe cut her off before she could have said any more.

“No, I mean, I’m in love with you. I have been since that summer before sophomore year. It was that on time we were playing a pickup game of soccer at the park. You had just scored a goal and started to dance around. You looked radiant, with your hair shining in the sun, your eyes were sparkling were joy, and you were covered in dirt and sweat,” they shared a laugh, “You looked at me, and it was like the first time I had ever seen you, I mean really seen you, your beauty and heart. And every time I see you, I feel just like that. You’re my best friend and you’re my world, and I want to be yours. I-”

“Rupe.” Joy paused his speech with an amused look on her face.

“Yes?” he looked like he was going to blackout.

“I know what you meant,” she smiled knowingly.

“Then you mean..” his face showed the dawning of this knowledge.

“I mean…” she started,

“You…” he continued,

“Love you with all of my heart.” A grin engulfed his entire face as they reached for each other and hugged. They pulled back slowly, looking into each other’s eyes. They licked their lips and closed their eyes and with nothing but love and trust, they shared each other’s first kiss. It was soft and gentle full of promises.

“Can we come in now?” Buffy asked muffled by the door. “The mommies wanna know what happened!”

“Oy!” William said, looking at his wife.

“And the Dad too!” Joy and Rupe looked at each and then the door and laughed.

“Come in!” Joy said. The parents of the new couple came though the door grins plastered on their faces as they saw their children in each other’s arms.

“You’re just so cute!” Tara exclaimed as she, Willow, Buffy, and even William, swallowing the younger generation in a giant group hug.’

“And that’s how your father and I, and your Grandparents, aunts, and uncle, and even your Great grandparents got together.” Joy finished her story with a grin, looking at her and Rupert’s nineteen year old daughter, Beth.

“Wow, that was the cutest story ever!” Beth smiled as her fiancé hugged her closer.

“I agree. I can’t believe it.” Joe smiled as he looked around the room filled with his love’s family. Her Great grandparents, almost ninety and still going strong. Her parents and her grandparents, and even her great Aunt Dawn and her husband Jack, all still in love. He hoped they would be in the same boat one day.

“Oh, I believe it!” Willow stated as she kissed her wife of forty years with as much love and passion as she had all those years ago. “But proving it’s real is the best part.”

“It was fun to tell you too,” Buffy said as she snuggled closer to William, sharing a look with her daughter.

THE END

(Author's Note: So, still love it? I hope everyone loved reading this story as much as I loved writing it.)

Until the next story,

Robyn *missocki*

Post subject: Re: Ch. 8: The Happy Ending?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:47 pm 
Love this story. :D The end was really cute.

*lil´c*

SweetAmber group

Post subject: great
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:31 pm 
That was an awesome ending. Thanks so much for writing this story.

Christina

Post subject: Re: great
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:10 pm 
Thanks for sharing this story with us. :grin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 10:29 pm 
It's over already :aww Well, it was short, but very sweet :heart I especially liked how the point of view jumped out again at the end, so the story we've read became another story being told, and the whole happy family thing... awww :luv Great ending, thanks :bow

Chris Cook

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 1:49 pm 
Awww, :happycry that was a great ending. All with the sneakiness, heehee. Sad to see this story come to an end, but a lovely ending it was. Thank you tons for sharing your story with us and I hope to see more from you in the future. Take care. =)

Aaron

'Tarababy77'

Post subject: A Sequel?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:49 am 
lil 'c: I'm so happy you loved this story!

Christina: I'm glad you l liked the ending. I really felt the need for a happy ending for the Scoobies!

The Rose24: You're Welcome. Thanks for reading!

Artemis: Another nod of approval for the ending? Squee! Yes, I realize the story was short, but it was finished, no sense in the story being thirty chapters for a three day roadtrip right?

Aaron: Yeah, sometimes I'm very very sneaky! :wink As for future stories well, maybe...

Once again, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who read this story and a special thanks to everyone who left feedback.

But a single question. Should I have a sequel/prequel? Like some more stories from the past? Maybe in a series of vignettes? Let me know if anyone would like to hear'em!