The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:01 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Here's an update kittens! I hope you enjoy...I'm sorry it's been so long. I'd like to thank Willohand and Tegan for their continued support...and of course my darling wife Tori, for allowing me the time to write this.

Note: This update isn't in my usual 'too many paragraphs' form... I haven't gone over it yet for editing...but I hope It still reads smoothly enough.

All previous disclaimers apply

The night was closing in on them, as the faint light of dusk quickly deepened into a darker, richer hue. The bluish purple sky, skimmed with wisps of orangey-pink mixed with the faint scent of motor oil as it assaulted the still night air. The shared moment from earlier that day as they'd sat in the grass, was still heavy in their minds, though unspoken. The mutual silence seemed to confirm the realness of the experience for both of them and voicing what had happened would only serve to dampen the delicate grasp they still held on the truth.

Willow put the last few ounces of oil into the oil tank. A few drops of the liquid made a lazy break for freedom to run smoothly down the side of the cool metal encasement. With the spent plastic container of motor oil in the hand that she lifted to her forehead, Willow dabbed at the sheen of perspiration that clung to her skin like a fine mist of ocean spray. The movement was as familiar to her as the landscape of Tara's body had become. Willow was almost so used to it, that she seldom noticed anymore when she did it.

Willow moved around the the side of the tractor. She picked up the dirty rag that she had been using to wipe her hands on. Kerri, who'd been following her around like a desperate puppy, perked up at Willow's movement, as if in all her dog years she'd never before seen the side of the tractor. Kerri came from where she'd been curiously watching Willow change the oil, to stand by the red-head, almost crowding her in her eagerness to see what Willow was doing.

She was turning into quite the butch, Willow thought to herself as she looked down at her grease-stained hands. It was a far cry from the comforts of computers and the musty smell of books that she'd become so accustomed to over the years, but she liked it. There was something about using her hands to manipulate the world around her that had become very appealing to Willow. Though she knew deep down inside that there was more to her fixation with being helpful. The truth was, that she had been taking on all this work because she wanted to leave something of herself behind, something tangible that could record her time here, almost as a cosmic VCR in which Tara could trace the lines of the cold metal frame of the tractor and see Willow there, as if she'd never left. Willow put the final twist of the cap on the oil tank, securing it in place. She didn't look up though, instead focusing her eyes on the expanding patch of rusted paint just under her gaze. She didn't want Tara to see the real reason for the things she did shining in her eyes. And Tara would, see it there, behind the depth of green, Willow held no doubt about that.

Tara sat perched on the edge of the old stool that used to live in the barn. She cast her blue eyes to Willow, a smile playing across her lips as she once again, watched her lover using her delicate, slim fingers to fix something else on the farm. Tara could see the obsessive aspect of Willow's personality beginning to assert itself as the redhead had taken on yet another task. Tara cocked her head to the side as she studied her lover. There was something about Willow that seemed different tonight. The usual openness of her demeanor had changed somehow, and as she watched, Tara could almost see the wall Willow was building around herself coming together brick by lonely brick. Tara bit her bottom lip as she wondered if she should say something to Willow to halt the remaining bricks before they were set in place, or if she should just go up to the redhead and put her arms around her. Tara opted on the later, for in truth they had never been a very wordy couple, except out of necessity when they'd been apart. Whenever together, it seemed they communicated best through actions. Tara pushed herself off the stool, as she carefully approached her still, silent lover. Tara hesitated a moment when Willow wouldn't look up at her, but the need she felt radiating off Willow like the steam from a wet, hot towel baking in the sun was enough to push aside the veil of space separating her from Willow. Tara wrapped her arms around Willow from behind, pressing her lips to Willow's temple, she whispered in her lover's ear.
"You okay sweetie?" Tara felt Willow melt into her embrace.

"I'm okay...there's just so much to do, you know?"

Tara laughed a low chuckle in response. If there was anything she did know, it was the amount of work required to keep this place sustaining life.

The sound trickled through Willow's body like smooth fingers in delicate places. Willow felt her body responding at once to the tone in Tara's voice. There was something so rich and melodious to the notes Tara could produce with a few simple words.

"You want to talk about it?" Tara said, her tone turning deeply serious. She felt Willow shift in her arms, and a moment later, Tara was looking into the sparkling shadow of Willow's green eyes. Tara held her breath in expectation, but soon exhaled when she realized that she required oxygen to function properly. She felt Willow's fingers on her face in the darkness, as one slim finger cupped Tara's chin while the other traced a path along her jawline. Tara smiled then, tears pooling in the gentleness of her eyes. Willow had said nothing with words, but her eyes had told Tara the secrets that she'd been keeping guard over.

They pressed their foreheads together, breathing in and out softly, as their fingers tangled in each other's hair. Their bodies pressed easily against each other, as they brought their lips together in a tender kiss.

Willow felt her breath exit her body, and had the sense that as it left her, it passed into Tara... that somehow they could survive on that one shared breath. Willow ran her grease-stained hands along Tara's back, trying subconsciously to smooth some form of simplicity back into the evening. Willow realized that they would have to talk about what was going to happen, sooner than later, but she wasn't ready for that this moment.

Tara knew that they would talk about things soon, when the time was right, and if it wasn't right now, then, she could live with that. Tara was about to say something else, when she spotted movement out of the corner of her eye. She lifted her gaze to locate the source of the movement. It was a little hard to see in the dark. With only the porch light at the back of the house to illuminate her view, Tara had to squint through the inky blackness. Then she saw it. "look." She whispered in Willow's ear. Tara's hand left the warmth of Willow's waist to direct the redhead's gaze to a spot about 20 feet away.

Willow followed Tara's pointed finger into the night, until her eyes came to rest upon a tiny speck of black fur camouflaged effectively against the color of night. "A Kitten!" Willow gasped.
Kerri, who'd been silent up until that point, must have spotted the cat at the same time Willow did, because the dog gave out a loud bark, which Willow assumed to mean, 'Hey kitty, no cat's allowed!" She felt Kerri tense beside her, and was relieved when Tara reached down in time, taking hold of the dogs collar, just before Kerri had a chance to take off after the poor kitten.

"Shh Kerri" Tara said, softly. But it was too late because the cat, startled, had already made a quick dash for the relative safety of the sunflowers. Tara could hear the kitten mewling just beyond the boundary of the decaying stalks. She felt Willow's hand cover hers over the top of Kerri's collar. There was a playful, adventurous glint in the red-heads gaze that was unmistakable.

"well, we can't just leave her out there...."

Tara nodded, pretending to contemplate their plight. "I guess it's our duty to help...." Tara said, lifting her brows in the night. "But what about Kerri? I get the sense that she's a little territorial when it comes to the feline persuasion...she might not appreciate "a little miss kitten" getting all the catnip surprises..." Tara pointed out.

"Somehow I don't think it's the catnip surprises she's too worried about..." Willow teased. They could still hear the kitten calling out, only now the sound was more distant and distraught. She must have wandered out further into the field and gotten lost, Willow thought.

They made their way through the ragged, patches of dead vegetation. There was a dry rustle as the two women followed the sound of the stray kitten mewling from somewhere inside the lifeless plumage. Kerri ran on ahead of them, disappearing through the dense field. And they worried for a moment that Kerri might catch up with the kitten before they could get to her, But in the next instant, there was the sound of a crow cawing it's indignation from somewhere in the opposite direction, and both Willow and Tara heard Kerri's body shift focus. Pretty soon the rustling made by the big dog's girth had forgotten all about the lost kitten as she pursued the more interesting sounds of the crow.

They walked in semi-silence for another five minutes. The wild bushiness of their surroundings making it impossible to walk side by side, so Willow brought up the rear as Tara led the way inches ahead of her. "Do you see her?" Willow whispered into the darkness. The sounds of the lost kitten had stopped momentarily and both women stalled their movements and strained their ears for any indication as to which direction they should take.Though the stars and the moon were high in the sky, it was barely enough to illuminate the darkness shielding them.

Willow was about to bring her hand up to Tara's shoulder in a wordless suggestion that they turn around and go back when she felt something tickle the the skin of her ankle. Visions of all sorts of nighttime creatures clouded the span of willow's mind as she pictured all varieties of bugs, each one with the capability to latch onto her and suck out whatever bodily fluid they saw fit and each one worse in her mind than the previous. "Ahhhh" Willow let out a yelp, as she came out of momentary paralysis. Her terrified legs danced, as if shots from a riffle were being directed at the space just around her feet. Willow looked at Tara for help, but she couldn't see Tara's eyes clearly enough in the darkness to tell if it was a horrified look on Tara's face that kept her from taking action, or if the blonde was regarding her with the highest bemusement. Willow settled on the latter as the explanation when she heard the soft chuckle from deep inside the blonde's chest fill the air around them. "How can you laugh when I'm being attacked by God-knows-what?" Willow demanded offensively.

Tara said nothing, simply kissed Willow lightly on the lips and bent down to scoop up the terrifying creature at the redhead's feet. After-all, it was her solemn duty as Willow's lover and friend to stop whatever beast was seeking comfort at Willow's shoes, though she'd already guessed what it was that had made Willow jump around like a crazed marionette.

Tara put her hand on the ground, she could feel the dead ground beneath her fingers and the crispness of dried earth seemed to want to extract something from Tara's fingers. She held her stance, waiting for the creature to come to her. Trust was a vital part of wooing anything, and Tara wanted to extend her trust that the animal would come to her, and in turn trust Tara to take care of her. Tara didn't have to wait long, as the unsettling need of the dead ground was soon replaced by the soft warmth of a small body as it pressed into Tara's fingers. She felt the tip of a warm-wet nose nudge the palm of her hand, and Tara scooped the small animal up in her arms. She felt the thing relax immediately against her, and a deeply secure purr vibrating her arms underneath the warm body.

Willow was relieved to see the small bundle in Tara's arms. And though it was nothing alike, Willow had the momentarily flash of what it would be like to watch Tara hold a baby in her arms. Willow knew she was getting ahead of herself by years, after-all they had yet to discuss such things, but Willow felt a warmness in her chest all-the-same at the thought of Tara holding their child. "what should we call her?" Willow said, trying to make her voice come out steady. Even though the words flowed smoothly enough from her lips, Willow still felt the edges of them get caught in her throat as she fought the tightness that caused. Still, the thoughts she'd entertained only moments before refused to be pushed aside so easily, and she had to bite her tongue to stop the thoughts from being made audible.

"How about Miss Kitten The Fantastic Sunflower Dodger?"

"Are you kidding me?" Willow asked teasingly, as she scruffed the kitten behind her ears. She could tell Tara was smiling in the darkness.

"What? Too much?"

"Slightly....maybe we should pick something that's going to be easier to shout out if we ever need to find her?" Willow extracted the squirming Kitten from Tara's arms.

"We're keeping her then?" Tara asked.

"Of course, we can't just leave Miss Kitty Fantastico out here all alone, in the big empty world to fend for herself can we?" Willow asked the kitten, bringing the small animal up to her nose. The kitten playfully batting at her face with the sharp end of one paw. Willow smiled and pressed the kitten closer to her face.

"That's it." Tara smiled crookedly in the night.

"What is?" Willow asked, momentarily confused. She brought the kitten away from her face and tried to see Tara through the thick night air.

"Miss Kitty Fantastico." Tara said.

Willow felt warmed all over again, as she wished suddenly that she could see Tara clearly. Willow opened her mouth to say as much, but she was greeted with the rapidly retreating form of Tara's body. As the blonde moved away from her, deeper into the tangle of sunflowers, Willow felt the youth she'd left behind returning with abandon. Memories of the sunflowers, as they were, blossomed in her mind, so much so that she could almost see them as they had been three summers ago. She knew what Tara wanted, but this time there was no need for Willow to close her eyes, as she couldn't pierce the veil of night to see anything anyway. Willow smiled, as she let her intuition guide her to where she knew Tara would be waiting for her.

TBC

xoxo
Emms

Last edited by Emms on Mon May 30, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:13 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh Emms,

That was simply beautiful. So packed with emotion! I could feel the encroaching sadness around the edges. The bit with the sunflowers needing Tara's magic. I simply love this story

cooper

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:47 pm 
19. Yummy Face

How do you do it, Emms? I mean, really, how do you do it? People on the board tease me about leaving feedback novellas, using "big words" to comment on stories, etc. And, you come along and leave me speechless? What's your secret?

All I can do when I read one of these updates is sigh -- while I'm reading and after I finish. And I can never read them just once....oh no! I have to read your updates at least 3 times before I can pull myself away from the computer monitor. Even then, I'm speechless. All I can do is sigh and the only word that goes through my head is "beautiful".

Thank you for another lovely update, Emms. I think I'm going to go read and sigh some more.

Carleen

P.S. I'm still :bow btw.

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 12:55 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

This is so great ...so great ... Emms!!!!!... I knew you could do it and you just did. Thank you Thank you for the update :flower

I wish I had a little more time to leave you a big feed back I will later on... I have to run now but I will be back promise.

This is just so great :bow :bow

I will see you in the Lounge later.

Henny

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 1:57 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Oh Emms...that was a wonderful dance of words and silent actions in that last part. And between the sighing that always comes when I read each beautiful part of this story comes an 'awww' as it got even cuter with a kitten hiding in the sunflowers. You have a marvelous talent, hun.

~Cyd

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:36 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Hey Emms,
Again this update has a bit of the melancholy. I like that the girls don't need to talk but I wish they would. I feel like they would feel better. I love that the kitten took them back into the sunflowers. Quite perfect. Also nice that Willow can picture Tara with their children but they had better start talking if they are gonig to get there. Very well written.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:01 pm 
19. Yummy Face

It has been a while since an update on this story, and I have truly missed it.

Willow must be thinking about her pending departure. *Sniffle* the ladies will have to split up again.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:37 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Miss Kitty found them! YAY!!!

I liked this update. Willow's and Tara's concerns about what is going to happen. Willow's plan to leave something behind (well besides Tara), but something for Tara, so she will always know that Willow was really there and not only a dream.

And the whole kitten-scene was just cute!

Insanity

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:15 pm 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Awww..wow..that was so beautfiul..and Miss Kitty..yay!!!! :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:23 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Here are the replies to all you wonderful people that have enjoyed this update enough to leave feedback. I luv ya'll. :party

I'm working on the next update right now, and if I can get my groove on and produce something sea worthy, then I should be posting it today.

cooper

Quote:
That was simply beautiful. So packed with emotion! I could feel the encroaching sadness aruond the edges.

That was quite a piece of poetry cooper. What a wonderful way to descibe the mood and atmosphere. I love that. Thank you.

Carleen awww :blush you always make me blush with all your wonderful comments and compliments. I render you speachless huh? :-D well... I don't really have a secret... maybe it's all the watermelon I've been eating? :eyebrow (they need to make a shrugging emoticon)

and wow,....you read the update 3 times ? :blush

Carleen, it makes me feel so happy to know that you appreciate the work that I put into writing this story, and I thank you very much for your kind words.

Henny! hehe yeah, you were right. btw, I'm taking your advice and only concentrating on one thing at a time. So thanks Henny, for being so wise. :bow
Cyd Thanks sweetie for your wonderful feedback. I wouldn't be doing my job, if I didn't make you 'sigh' and 'aww' at some point in the update. :-D
Debra

Quote:
Again this update has a bit of the melancholy. I like that the girls don't need to talk but I wish they would.

I totally agree with you on that. I can feel a conversation building for them. I mean, at least they are both recognizing that even though they have spent a lot of time talking (through letters) there are still things that they need to say.

Quote:
I love that the kitten took them back into the sunflowers.

well, that's definitly going to lead them into taking care of one problem (which I'm not going to give it away) If you remember, I'ts always been the animals around them, that have kinda been guiding them towards what it is they need to do... The first time this happens is with Kaneeda, and then when they are in Tara's room for the first time together, the fire flies gather...and then later, of course there's Kerri. Animals play a big part in this story, so I definitly couldn't leave out Miss Kitty. :-D

The Rose Thanks sweetie, I'm glad you missed the updates :-D (glad of course, in the I'm so sorry kinda way :blush )

Quote:
Willow must be thinking about her pending departure. *Sniffle* the ladies will have to split up again.

I wouldn't waste my energy sniffling just yet sweetie...they haven't even talked about any of that yet...who knows...maybe Tara will want to go with Willow. :-D

Insanity

Quote:
Willow's plan to leave something behind (well besides Tara). but something for Tara, so she will always know that Willow was really there and not only a dream.

I'm so glad that you were able to get that. After I read over what I wrote, I was worried that I didn't explain it right. But yes, that's exactly what Willow was trying to do.

Thank you for the feedback sweetie.
sam Thanks sweetie! And yep Miss Kitty has made her arrival. :-D

xoxo
Emms

Last edited by Emms on Tue May 31, 2005 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:25 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Words. Always it's the words. You use words in such a deceptively simple way to describe things that are very hard to describe. From the very first paragraph:
Quote:
The bluish purple sky, skimmed with wisps of orangey-pink mixed with the faint scent of motor oil as it assaulted the still night air.

So descriptive, I could visualize the sky, feel the atmosphere and smell the motor oil.

To the not talking, so much left unsaid, so much not needing to be said. You paint the underlying whimsical tension so vividly.

Quote:
The truth was, that she had been taking on all this work because she wanted to leave something of herself behind, something tangible that could record her time here, almost as a cosmic VCR in which Tara could trace the lines of the cold metal frame of the tractor and see Willow there

and
Quote:
There was something about Willow that seemed different tonight. The usual openness of her demeanor had changed somehow, and as she watched, Tara could almost see the wall Willow was building around herself coming together brick by lonely brick.

Every single sentence, every single scene in that update, was so layered, so deep, that I get more and more involved each time I read it again.

It's truly wonderful, thank you :bow .

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 9:33 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Watson Wow, thank you sweetie.

You know, I've read this update over a couple times, and I think it's the most wordy one that I've produced thus far. :lol

Usually, I've got so many other fics tramping around in my brain that there insn't much room for layers in anything I write. But recently, I've decided to just work on one thing at a time...and it's amazing the amount of clarity one can build into the simplest descriptions when one's able to concentrate on just one story line.

I thank you for your feedback watson :-D

oh and...the quotes you chose are some of my personal favorites.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:05 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Wow. What do you say to writing like that? It works. My god it works. It's like seeing a painting, and getting to dip your fingers into the paint and get the actual picture on your skin, only the painting is the real thing and you're actually touching the place itself, not just a picture of it.

I love how Willow and Tara communicate so much - all the really important things - with so few words, sometimes none at all. It's like that rule, "show, don't tell" - they don't have to keep saying "Wow, we have a connection," "Yeah, it's like I know what you're thinking," they just do. It's immensely powerful.

And it contrasts gorgeously with the lighter moments, like Willow doing her spaz dance, and naming Miss Kitty. I love how these real, deeply meaningful people can, for example, do a spaz dance over a kitten touching her leg, it's so humanising.

I just hope Kerri gets along with Miss Kitty :D

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:28 am 
5. Willowhand

*Sigh* I knew waiting around and harassing you enough would eventually result in an update!! And what an update it was! I love the way that Miss Kitty Fantastico found them, and I'm also quite glad that it was decided to NOT name her MIss Kitty the Fantastic Sunflower Dodger or whatever it was(it's so long I can't even remember it correctly!!).

Also, as always, the visuals created were amazing! You have a way with words that I'm just soooo jealous of that it's not even funny. You make it so easy for me to get images in my head of exactly what's going on, and where it's going on. I don't have to fight and my mind doesn't have to try and fill in the imaginary blanks that sometimes result in people trying to describe something, but failing to do so completely.

Anyways, great job and I can't wait for the next update!!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:55 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

:shock :shock :shock :shock :shock :thud :thud :thud :thud :thud

Hi I am a :newbie lol I always wanted to use that one..... any way I'm shocked ....Emms one of these days you are going to make me crazy .. :rofl .in a goodway of course..... :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce Emms gone update Emms gona update Emms gona update Wooohoooooooo it's like X-mas. EMMMMMMMSSSSS IS GOING TO UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

I still hadn't had time to give my big big mega big make that mega mega big reply on the last update ..... because you gave me a :beer in the lounge and now I'm all :dance I have a :idea: I will just leave you an extra big mega one on the next one.

Henny

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:11 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Emms,
Glad you're back! :-D
That was so intense! And so beautifully written! Bowing down now. :bow
I liked the shift from the tenseness to the playful when they found Miss Kitty. Things were getting so serious with the not-talking. I have faith they will work things out though with who is staying or if they're both going away together. Great job!
-anna

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:24 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
I haven't left feedback on the Pens in a long while and I'm not sure if I've ever commented here but I've been reading this story since the first chapter and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I had a very similar reaction after this update, as I do reading "Neverland". It's reading without taking a breath and as the last word is taken in, there's a long quite moment of contemplation, then a smile, and all I can think is: WOW. Thank you so much. Oh, and I loved the introduction of Miss Kitty! Well done!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:40 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dude, I know its been a while since I've left FB, but I finally got unlazy.. lol

I just wanted to say I still love this story and read every update, and they're always so cute and aww worthy every time!
I loved this one.. the part where Miss Kitty found Willow.. dancing like a marionette... hahaha just so great, I could see it in my head!
I can really see every little detail in my head.. your imagery is amazing!

I can't wait to find out what happens, even the I'm sure angsty talk of the future.. Our girls can't go without each other though! Dernit!

Hope to read more soonish :D
Ashleigh

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:01 pm 
5. Willowhand

Yet another fabulous update. The way that you use words to convey exactly where Willow and Tara are is amazing. I can "see" every location just through the way that you write. I like how you incorporated Miss Kitty Fantastico into the story. I can totally picture Willow jumping around thinking that something extremely hazardous was ready to take her out, when in reality, it was a totally cute kitten. Also, just the visualization of the kitten batting at Willow is adorable. I remember seeing the scene on the show where Willow was playing with the kitten and it was the most adorable thing. Aly just has that innocense that plays off well with the Miss Kitty. *sigh*

Just thought I'd pop in and say great update before I head to Florida for vacation. Take care.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:31 pm 
5. Willowhand

WOW
that was an amazing update!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:11 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dear, dear Emms, lord girl you make reading easy to do. Such a beautiful update. You capture the characteristics of Willow and Tara so well. Willow spazzing about the attacking animal at her feet and Tara being laid back, almost reassuring about it. Even though this update was wonderful, I just can't help but feel the looming uncertainty of their future together. Angst is not our friend you know.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:46 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi lovely Kittens :-D Here are some replies to you wonderful people.

Artemis Hi Chris. :love The painting analogy was beautiful. I know just what you mean, I love when I come out here and read a story and am actually taken into its world through imagery. In the real world, I've been told that I'm too wordy...but that's just the way I am. I'm glad there's a place out here where I can express my wordiness and feel like it's fully appeciated. :blush

Quote:
I love how Willow and Tara communicate so much - all the really important things - with so few words, sometimes none at all. It's like that rule, "show, don't tell" - they don't have to keep saying "Wow, we have a connection," "Yeah, it's like I know what you're thinking," they just do. It's immensely powerful.

I've never been all that great with dialoge and I like the Idea that this story stands strong even without a lot of it. This story has a very nature oriented vibe to it, from the weather, to the animals...and neither of those things can do a lot of talking, they speak in actions. And that's how I see Willow and Tara in this setting....as an extension of the world around themselves.

Quote:
I just hope Kerri gets along with Miss Kitty :-D

Oh Chris... I'm sure they'll be the best of friends. :|

stillrunning Hi Tegan!
Quote:
I knew waiting around and harassing you enough would eventually result in an update!!

yeah.... harassment is always a good motivator. :-D

You know... some people say that it's best to leave at least something to the imagination when writing... Well, I'm coming out firmly against it. :| hehe. Actually... I'm not sure If I am leaving enough to the imagination :hmm What do you think Tegan? Am I leave enough to the imagination or should I vauge things up a little ? :eyebrow

Henny Awwe sweetie... I'm sorry I didn't get an update out that day... look, you were so excited too... *looking* you used so many emoticons.... :p

You know..... I think I'm going to have Charlie cut you off sweetie... no more drinks for you..cause this :beer is too much alcohol. :p

Irishgrl Anna! :-D Thanks, I'm glad to be back. I'm glad you liked the update, and the introduction of Miss Kitty. I was a little concerned about the how smoothly the shift in their focus was going to come across.... From a very inward self reflection to an outward focus as they pulled together to locate Miss Kitty...but I'm glad to know that it came out alright. Thanks sweetie.

Kajun Well, hello sweetie...please, make yourself at home. :-D Wow, I feel so honored that you liked my story enough to leave feedback. And I think you've given me the biggest compliment of my whole life when you compared reading my humble story to reading that of the most exciting and wonderful Neverland ( I absolutely love that story by the way... but it's so good that I feel too shy to leave feedback.... :blush )

anyway...if Catching Sunflowers inspires a reaction anywhere close to that of a reaction you get to reading Neverland, then I am doing something right. Thank you for your kind words sweetie. And, I hope you stay around for the rest of the story.
:x

VixenyTarasHot Ashleigh, Thank you sweetie. I'm so happy that you liked the update enough to become unlazy... (I don't think that's a word) :-D

and, hehe, Willow dancing like a marionette is always good imagery :lol

Willow-Rosenberg first let me just say that I hope you have a wonderful vacation...Florida is so beautiful this time of year.

second, thank you for your lovely response. I try to explain things enough in my writing to where the reader can get a good visualization and based on everyone's comments, I guess I'm doing a good job of it.

I'm glad you liked Miss Kitty's introduction into the story. I was a little concerned at first that it would seem too cliche to bring Miss Kitty into the picture...but I just love that little cat, and I feel bad leaving her out. I'm glad she's appreciated. :-D

Fleiss :blush Thank you.

terra21 :blush thank you. I'm glad you liked the update, I've tried my best to keep Willow and Tara's core characteristics plainly visible, while at the same time letting them wander away from their own stereotype a little. If that makes any sense.

and, I wouldn't let myself feel too uncertain about anything loomy... :| Don't worry hun, this fic has never been that angsty....they seem to resolve issues pretty quickly.... And I had wanted to make clear in this story that if there is anything certain in their world, it is what they mean to eachother and that that had never been a question.

Okay....that's it for now.... I was able to get a lot written yesterday...so today is going to be the revising period of my writing routine....so hopefully there will be an update posted by this afternoon

take care all

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:54 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Emms, Emms, Emms, Emms, Emms,

I know you are busy but missy.... you promised us an update.... and still no update..... and you know a kitten always keeps her promise...so!!!!!.... lol just teasing y

I really can't wait for an update on Image

I will wait patiently with the rest or not :glasses since you ordered Charlie to take me off from the :beer

Henny

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:05 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Henny! :-D I'm actually working on an update right now :-D hehe, yep, I already told Charlie not to serve you anymore alcohol...but he seems to like you all liqoured-up.... :flirt So you can probably get him to sneak you some when I'm not looking. :lol

Update should be posted in a little while.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 2:42 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhooo update!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Charlie ......... Emms just leaved the board for a little while sooooo maybe one for the night..... ty

untill later

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:04 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Kittens! The update is finally here! Yay! Enjoy.

Henny here you go sweetie, as promised. :-D

Willow put Miss Kitty Fantastico down on the grass as she came to the edge of the circular clearing. The kitten mewled at Willow's feet as if in a last plea to be picked up again. When she saw nothing was to come of her vocalization, the kitten abandoned her effort, going instead, a few feet away to sit on her bottom in the dirt, her tiny paws bracing the weight of her body. Willow glanced down but never considered the chance that the kitten would run off, for It seemed as if in giving the animal a name they had linked her to them somehow. Maybe Willow was giving Miss Kitty more credit then she should, but her mind was elsewhere at the moment, so the cat would just have to make due for the time being.

Willow's feet felt the difference in texture as she went from the crumpled, dry earth to the softer grass that was now being crushed underneath the sneakers she wore. Willow didn't question how she knew where the clearing was, or even how she had managed to weave herself there in the pitch black of night, without becoming hopelessly lost. The field of Sunflowers wasn't small after-all, it was as massive as four football fields. And though still as dark as it ever was, the moon directly overhead of the clearing gave the illusion of light, so much so that Willow could make out the view before her. Even the black kitten against the night seemed illuminated.

The circle in the center of the sunflowers wasn't as lush as Willow remembered it to be, but it was't entirely dead either. Only showing the first sighs of decay just around the edges where willow could just make out that its greenness had been replaced by dying flecks of brownish-yellow as it turned into straw in its last hope of life before death. Willow suspected this earth under feet must have been rich with past spells in order to be able to fight off the death of itself for so long.

Inside the actual circle the grass was a shaggy fit. Instead of growing upward toward the sky, they had chosen to grow outward, like the eyebrows of someones great grandfather; bushy and flattened, but there and taking up space all the same. As willow stepped into the circle Willow knew then that it was residual magic that had sustained this patch of ground for this long because with each step she took Willow could feel the tingle of it under her shoes. The vibrations the ground released tickled her toes through their covering.

"Willow....."

Willow felt a hand on her back and a warm shiver spiraled up her spine as Tara's voice, thick with warmth found its space just behind her. Willow turned around then taking in the beauty of Tara as she stood there in bare feet. The barrette she had been wearing had been tossed aside somewhere, surely lost in the tangle below their feet, her hair draping loose from it's confines ran silkily down her back. Words floated through her mind as she felt Tara's hands move to grasp the bottom of the tank top Willow wore.
There's magic in everyday life. There's magic in the things around you. But sometimes it's unfocusing your eyes that allows you to see the amount of magic that can be found inside one sweet kiss. Willow moaned as Tara's fingers grazed the skin of her stomach on their way up.

Tara grasped wordlessly at the hem of Willow's shirt, and in one swift and silent movement the garment was cast aside. Tara's breath left her body at the sight of Willow's summer-light skin, strong before her. There was no bra clinging there underneath her lover's shirt to get caught or in the way of Tara's possessively strengthened gaze. Tara licked her lips at the sight of Willow's nipples hardening before her eyes. She wasn't sure what had come over her, all she knew was that it was powerful, and the need to feel Willow's skin beneath her lips at that very moment was not something she could deny. With eyes alone, Tara traced the path of a single drop of sweat as it ran down the valley of Willow's chest in between her small breasts. Tara reached out, shaking, to cup Willow's soft flesh in the palm of her hand. She ran her thumb over one strawberry nipple, and felt it harden impossibly more under the light pressure of her thumb. Tara felt the vibration of Willow's moan pulse through the redhead's body and into Tara's hand as thumb was immediately replaced with hungry lips. Tara sucked the soft pink tip into her mouth as the other hand came up of its own volition to gently stroke Willow's other nipple.

Willow's fingers came up to tangle in the soft strands of straw-blonde hair, as Tara devoured first one, then the other aching nipple. She felt her legs give out under her as she fell toward the ground with sinking force.

Tara, who had tried to cushion Willow's descent fell under the pressure of the movement. She landed on her back with Willow pressed on top of her body. Tara opened her legs, to make room for Willow as the redhead moved to fit snuggly between them.

What remained of their clothing was quickly cast from them and strewn onto the ground as something of an offering; a desperate plea to the earth to take from them what they offered and in return restore to its natural state of being, what grew from it .

Tara's body swayed with the movement of their joining, as all around them the sunflowers joined in that movement. An invisible wind tugged at the dead stalks as Tara led them in the dance of life as if with the movement of her body under Willow's tongue she was breathing life back into the very dirt below her, replacing nutrients lost, with life from her body.

Willow's tongue danced smoothly in and out of Tara's wetness, the sweet honey taste of her lover turning darker, richer as she came close to release. Willow fought to keep control as Tara's hips pressed urgently closer to Willow's searching tongue.
Willow moved her hand across the softness of Tara's stomach in a feather-light attempt to keep all means of connection flowing between them as Tara's orgasm hit with such an incredible force that Willow was taken with her.

Tara, lay cradled in the crook of Willow's arm as the last remaining shivers coursed through her body. She felt increasingly exhausted and even more loved and secure then she ever had in her life. Tara snuggled in deeper, nuzzling her nose along the fragrant, damp skin of Willow's neck. Willow's hair, wet with sweat, matted to Tara's forehead as the blonde pressed even closer.

Willow was quiet for a long time her body was still as she held Tara in her arms. With her eyes closed, she focused on the feel of Tara in her arms, trying to fix every molecule of the blonde into her memory so that nothing could be lost. Willow concentrated on the feel of Tara's skin, and how in sweaty, dampness Tara softness clung to Willow, molding itself to her in an aching heat that she could feel all the way down to her bones. Willow inhaled the scent of Tara's being as the sweet smell of her lover's desire was taken deeply into her lungs. She swore silently that she wouldn't forget a single moment of their time together. Willow tracked the movement of her left thumb as it ran across the skin of Tara's right hip until she felt herself dozing off, but still her mind wouldn't stop recording until the world faded to black around her.

Willow shifted in the saddle. She could feel the white horse's body move under her slight weight, but she was not afraid. She should have been but here, Willow was strong and things such as horses and the falling off of them held no emotional attachment for her. Off in the distance Willow could see Tara. Her lover was waiting for her, as if she knew that she was arriving this day, to scoop her up and take her away. Willow was filled with the warmest feeling as she rode up to Tara, and offered her hand to the blonde, but just before she felt the tips of Tara's fingers against her own fingers there was a noise....Something was happening but she wasn't sure what.

Willow opened her eyes, coming out of the doze she'd been in to find blue eyes shinning back at her. The sky above them had turned navy blue highlighted with a faintly lighter shade of blue; almost like an artist had painted lines in the sky above them. Emotion swelled in Willow's chest as she thought about what the dream and what it must have meant. But she knew what it meant, and suddenly the words that had been suppressed all these weeks came to the surface like a horse racing to the finish line; so quick were they, that Willow couldn't stop them as they crossed the distance between thought and verbal reality.

"Tara.... I want you to come with me..." Willow said so softly she wasn't really sure if she had actually said anything at all. She, lifted up on her arm slightly so she could look into Tara's eyes as she spoke. The blonde had a dreamy expression on her face, and Willow couldn't decide if it was residual euphoria from their lovemaking or if it was because Tara also saw the beauty in Willow's request.
"You could apply to school in Sunnydale....." Willow said this as if Sunnydale was at the apex of some form of forward movement and that the students there were all clambering to get in to enjoy all the faucets of higher knowledge that the generic institution had to offer. Not to mention the fact that it was, for all practical purposes, one step away from community college, and currently sitting in a swirly vortex of nasty evilish activity.

"Willow..." In Tara's mind there wasn't any doubt. Her life was with Willow, but she also knew that destiny's path wasn't always a straight one, and that the journey could sometimes take twists and turns that were not always seen ahead of time. Tara didn't know what lay ahead of them all she could do was pray that the goddess saw fit to keep them together through it all. Tara brought her eyes up to meet Willow's but she could already see that the silently contemplated moment she had taken had sent willow off onto a side tangent.

"I mean...if you wanted....I don't want you to feel like I'm telling you what to do, cause I would never....you know...I should have asked before I....just expected that you would want to climb up onto my white horse and ride away with me into the sunset..."

"huh?" Tara asked, a confused smile on her lips.

"Did I just say that last part out loud?" Willow asked, closing her eyes momentarily.

"Uhhuh"

She re-opened them at the feeling of Tara's fingers tracing a path across her lips. Her brain had forgotten how to form words, but her body definitely hadn't forgotten how to respond.

Tara withdrew her thumb from Willow's lips just as the redhead's tongue would have come out from between those sweet lips to capture it and pull it inside. They would have to save that for later because there were still things that needed to be said. "You would want that?" there was a vulnerability in Tara's voice that she tried to cover by casting her eyes away from Willow's to examine a freckle on the redhead's shoulder.

"More than anything Tara....I want us to be together." Willow shifted her body, so that she could look at Tara head on. "I've been thinking of ways to say this for weeks now...and...if you wont come with me, then I'll just have to stay here --" Willow put on her most effective, tight-lipped-no-room-for-argument-so-don't-even-try face and gave Tara a look that dared the blonde to challenge her decision.

"You can't do that Will.... what about school? What about your family? What about your friends?" There were so many things to consider, and Tara knew that Willow couldn't just leave everything behind to join Tara here to live the life of a farm hand, sure, a summer that was one thing, but indefinitely? No. Tara couldn't ask Willow to do that. She loved the woman in her arms too much to ever ask her to make that kind of sacrifice.

"If I don't have you with me Tara....then I don't have my family... you're my best friend....how could I do anything without my best friend?" Willow was fighting back tears now, she didn't want to cry, not now, Tara needed to see a strong Willow...but the not-so-strong Willow was running around in a panic just below her skin.

Tara could see the anxiety that ran just below the surface of Willow's words and Tara wanted nothing more than to calm her lover, not just with her body, or her hands as they reached up lightly to lock onto Willow's bare shoulders. she wanted to calm Willow with her words, but they were not forthcoming so Tara did the only thing she knew, she leaned forward and pressed her lips to Willow's mouth.

Willow's mind cleared and the chaos inside her body ceased all movement as she felt Tara's full lips open over hers. Willow opened her mouth to receive Tara's tongue and she moaned as her lover kissed her passionately. Willow felt a pain in her chest when Tara finally pulled back but the pain was soon replaced by warmth as Tara pulled Willow into her body. Willow inhaled the scent of Tara and a wave of emotion overwhelmed her to the point that she could no longer hold back the tears that now were crashing wildly down her cheeks, she could feel the tears wet against her face as she pressed closer to Tara's body.

Tara's skin was wet with Willow's tears, but she didn't care. Tara wrapped her arms around Willow tightly, breathing in the scent of ruddy pollen and the musty thick smell of the grass that still clung to Willow's bare skin. Tara kissed the side of Willow's face that was not pressed into her body, she brought her lips against Willow's forehead and placed a warm, comforting kiss against the skin there as well. Tara went wherever her lips led her, placing kisses along Willow jawline until her lips finally came to rest against Willow's hair.

Tara thought then of the money she'd been stashing away. She had at least 5000 dollars by now she was sure, and that would be enough to rent an apartment for a few months while she searched for a job. Deciding, Tara lifted her cheek from Willow's head But Willow's words were flowing over them again before Tara could say anything.

"Please say you'll come with me Tara...I don't know what I'd do if..."

"You wont have to find out, i'm coming with you Willow. Did you really think that I wouldn't? Did you really think that I could stand the thought of being over a thousand miles away from you, when I know that you belong right here?" Tara placed the palm of her hand against her heart. She almost stopped breathing when Willow's wet eyes came up to make contact with hers.

"Do you mean....?"

Tara nodded, her lips forming a smile.

Donny sat down in the wooden chair out on the front porch. The planks of wood under is stocking feet beginning to fade and warp from the combination of rain and sun that fallen each summer over the years. In a few weeks Donny was sure he'd have to go in and pull all the boards free and replace them with new ones. This time he'd put a coat of sealant over the top...that should save him anymore hassle where the porch was concerned.

Donny hit his boots against the wooden planks, effectively knocking off the dried mud that had left clumps on the soles of his boots. It was just before dawn and he was already up and ready to go. Donny pulled the slip of paper out of his shirt pocket and unfolded it, just to make sure he had the right one, and not something else.

Donny examined the note in the yellow-tinted light from the bare, yellow bulb just above his head. He found It strange that his father had written him, instead of picking up the phone and calling. And it was even more strange that his father had requested that Donny send him money through Western Union. The man had never made a request like that before and it gave Donny a sinking kind of feeling in the pit of his stomach.

Could it be possible that his father was avoiding them..avoiding the farm altogether? Donny felt anger rise up and form a tight ball in his gut. The man had been gone for over three months and the whole time Donny and Tara had thought he was working, but the truth was...Donny looked at the address on the letter one last time before folding it back into the hap-hazard square it had one been. Stuffing it back into his pocket, he quickly slid his feet into the faded brown boots. The truth was, he didn't know what the truth was...The return address was that of his Aunt Reeney over in Colby...Could it be possible that their father had been at Reeney's house this whole time while he and Tara struggled to make ends meet here?

Donny slung his rifle into the back of the pick-up truck, He felt the anger building even higher inside him and he knew that if he didn't get it under control he'd most likely end up shooting the man. As he climbed into the cab of the truck he thought about taking the gun back into the house, but instead, he inserted the key into the ignition and started the engine.

Doing 50 miles an hour, down the driveway, the tires kicked up rocks as they fought to keep traction on the loose texture of the road. This form of passive-aggression made him feel better momentarily. But that didn't last long. The anger he had felt at his father surged up with a vengeance. As he thought about his sister, and all the things she'd had to go through because of that man Donny became more determined than ever. The drive would take him the better part of the day, but Donny was determined to get to the bottom of what was going on.

They held each-other, until just before dawn, when the sound of the truck speeding away brought them both up out of sleep. Awakened and feeling alive and grateful to be so, they gathered up their clothes. An excitement filled the air and as they dressed there was a need between them to keep in contact with each-other at all times, so their fingers rarely left each-other's bodies even as they slid into their clothes from the night before.

As they brushed past them, the stalks seemed to want to reach out and grasp onto them, Willow had the feeling that it was only the swiftness of their forward movement that kept them from the desperate embrace of the Sunflowers.

They reached the perimeter of the field just in time to see the sun begin it's pre-dawn ritual. The sky lightened three shades before the first rays finally broke the horizon line. As the sun began to rise, casting it's cherry pink light into the cloudless sky, the women clasped hands, holding tight to each-other as the new day touched the rooftops of far away farmhouses and set the sky ablaze with life and light.The sun rose steadily against the backdrop of farmhouses and fields, traveling along the grass at a gradual pace. And with a thin line, the earth carefully kept the shadows separate from the breaking light.

Tara looked away, momentarily struck down by the beauty of the scene unfolding before them. As the first golden rays of dawn swept over the blanket of brown death that had become the sunflowers Tara once again turned her eyes to the sun. Life in the form of purely golden, yellow light and brighter than anything she'd ever seen before covered the field just as it had been in her vision, engulfing the crown of flowers to be absorbed by each thirsty plant. They seemed to drink in the light of day as they slowly opened themselves to the magic around them.

Tara could hear a sound like a choir singing rise up and out of the field. She felt Willow grip her hand tighter than before and she knew that Willow too heard the sound of singing as life was breathed back into the earth before them. Tara returned the grip, she longed to pull Willow to her and sing in a voice as loud as the sound that now permeated the air "look what we did Willow! This is the power of us together!" But she knew she didn't need to because she could see the same wild look on Willow's face as the beauty held them spellbound, unable to pull away with a power that made the grass quiver in its wake.

TBC

xoxo
Emms

Last edited by Emms on Sat Jun 11, 2005 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Hey sweetie :wave

I thought it was about time I stopped being a bad kitten & jumped into this thread to leave you some feedback.

I've been following this story from the very beginning & I absolutely adore every single update. You write so beautifully & emotionally that it truly takes my breath away & puts my writing abilities to shame.

This story (like all of your others) is pure magic in itself, & that wonderful way you have of describing every single movement and moment and thought just, breathes life into this world that you've created.

You never cease to amaze me sweetie, keep up the great work.

I'll see you in the lounge sweetie, or, in one of your other wonderful fic threads, or, if you drop by the TRD thread - I've really been missing you & your rambley feedbacks.

Take care sweetie

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:40 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Location: usually dozing behind a book and/or computer...many times both
Hi Emms,

First, you should probably know I'm one of the many who have lurked among your threads since A Different Life. My natural state of shyness has kept me quiet for a very long time.

I really enjoy CSiB because of the tone of the story. In the background, I sense a general melancholy that serves to highlight the beauty of the happy moments. Also, I appreciate how you have taken the W/T theme "finding each other" and have creatively constructed your own perspective. As children, they are able to find each in the sunflowers as part of a game that brings them happiness. Later as adults, they find each other again in the sunflowers as lovers, finding happiness in knowing that the desire to stay together is mutual. The moments are tender because of the sadness lurking in the background (Willow leaving when they were children, Tara's dad in the current update).

The mastery you show in the imagery of your words continually astounds me.

Thank you for the wonderful update.
teddy

If you are incalculable, then we are congruent. ~Hillman~ Insanity of noble minds, That never falters nor abates, But labors and endures and waits, Till all that it foresees it finds Or what it can not find creates.~Longfellow~
Got Gaydar?||

Last edited by fun in dysfuntion on Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:41 am 
19. Yummy Face

*sigh*

'nuff said.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:44 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

GayNow wrote:
*sigh*

'nuff said.

Well, that describes it pretty much.

This was just wonderful Emms! Beautiful, really. And soooo powerful. The lovemaking in the clearing, it was so primal and yet so much more. Love, power and magic was radiating through the whole update.

Quote:
Tara looked away, momentarily struck down by the beauty of the scene unfolding before them. As the first golden rays of dawn swept over the blanket of brown death that had become the sunflowers Tara once again turned her eyes to the sun. Life in the form of purely golden, yellow light and brighter than anything she'd ever seen before covered the field just as it had been in her vision, engulfing the crown of flowers to be absorbed by each thirsty plant. They seemed to drink in the light of day as they slowly opened themselves to the magic around them.

Those last three paragraphes... Wow. I could really see and feel it. You have a wonderful way with words. I can't really describe what I felt reading this update. (and only partly because my English sucks *g*)

You excelled youself this time!!!

Insanity

p.s.: thank you for your steady reply to my story *hug*

Last edited by Insanity on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next