The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Catching Sunflowers In Bloom
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:14 pm 
8. Vixen

Well, Emms, I don't think there's anything I could say about this story that hasn't already been said, except that I'm loving it!

I hope that the money that Donny gave Beth wasn't from Tara's stash! Now that would throw a big ole wrench into the plan!

~Del

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I can never say enough about this story. The way you write is just so beautiful. The language just flows throughout the story.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:55 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
I liked the way that chapter moved between Willow and Tara's sweet/hot/playful moments, and Donny's anger, frustration, and semi-effective self-control. What he's found out is going to affect Tara, and through her Willow, a great deal - even though they don't know yet, that reality felt that much more real by seeing events as they happened, not just hearing about them later.

That was great how you wrote Willow and Tara, like they're flourishing to life even more than they had been before - there was a real feeling of new life and joy about them. I hope they can hold on to it through finding out what Mr Maclay has been up to.

Mr Maclay and Beth... just... ew. And basically abandoning his first family, creep. Yay for Donny controlling himself though - he had every reason to be angry, and his upbringing has given him plenty of mixed feelings on anger and how to deal with it. But he, in essence, stood up to the Mr Maclay part of himself and faced it down. He's done a lot of growing up.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:24 am 
3. Flaming O

Emms,
The contrast between the two was awesome. I was totally thinking that Donny was going to shoot their Dad and then he would have become angry and mean like he was as a child.

Beth and Mr Maclay? That has an ewww factor of 857 million ewww's.

Loved the W/T interaction as well

cooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:39 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hello Kittens! :x I just wanted to leave a little note to let you all know that I will be getting replies posted either tonight or tomorrow morning for sure. Also, I'm feeling industrious so I'll most likely be posting the next update this weekend. :flower

I hope everyone has a wonderful afternoon.

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:07 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I can't wait Emms!!!!!!! We want more we want more.... or better yet I want more I want more.... I can't wait for more.

Henny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:16 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Whoa dude...that's some Jerry Springer shit...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:57 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 1
First there’s a “Whew.” thinking Donny had calmed down during the drive and was going to leave the firearm in the truck, then the “Uh oh.” he’s mad again, then.. “Oh crap.” discovering what his dad has been up to. UGH. Please tell me Beth forged the letter and set up a little scenario so that the boy would think his father was a total skuz to scam Donny into giving her money. Well, at least he left the gun in the truck. Back to “Whew.”

Drunk and playful Willow and Tara.. :D They’re having so much fun but what will happen when Donny returns? Will he tell Tara or will he keep it a secret knowing that the news would only serve to hurt his sister and really.. hasn’t she been through enough? She needs Willowtime in Sunnydale! Great update.. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 11:52 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Emms,
What wonderful playfulness in this update. Ahhh... to be young, and in love in the summer time. :-D I like how you split between the happy lovers and the drive with Donny. His experience was perfectly awful! Beth and their Dad? :wtf Just plain yucky!
-anna

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:15 am 
5. Willowhand

Emms...hun....Mr. Maclay and Beth?!?! THATS SO ICKY!!!
I must thank you though for doing that part AFTER the hot shower scene and the fun in the room...it just wouldn't have been the same. My luck I would've ended up with Beth/Maclay visuals *shudders in disgust*.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:01 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Miss 'I don't sing' watson wrote:
What can I add that hasn't been said already, AND in out of tune song and dance.

Who said I was out of tune????

The Queen of the Multi-fics, Emms wrote:
We can all aspire to Carleen's rare form of greatness....but most of us will never make it.

I will gladly assist anyone who would like to achieve greatness as I have. I will even give a 10% discount on my consulting fee for any kitten.

So, when's the next update? NEED to know what's up with Donnie.

Carleen

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:38 pm 
17. Mega-Witches

I tried to leave feedback on Wednesday but crashed my computer and lost what I had written, so I'm going to try to sum up: this story is so sweet and good and so lovely. And I like it how just as all is well and the girls begin to get to resolution on the 'where will we live, will we be together' question, that the Donnie wrinkle happens. Looking forward to finding out what happens.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:20 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi Kittens! I luv you all!! Okay...here are the replies I promised so long ago. :ashamed Once again, I'll be posting them a couple at a time, because when I try to do more than that the board eats my post. So...here it goes. There will be a couple more replies posted every 10 or 15 minutes or so until I've responded to everyone.

Wow, I'm way late on both feedback and updates. Sorry everyone. :ashamed I've found myself with a massive amount of writers block where this fic is concerned. But I think I've finally snapped out of it. :-D The next update is on it's way. It's written, it just needs to go through the beta process....but when that's finished, then I'll be posting...Also, I'd just like to mention that there is only going to be about another.....3 or 4 updates before this story is actually completed. Wooo Hooo! Okay enough with the woo hooos I guess and on with the replies. :lol

Jeanne

Quote:
Well, once again, you bring us true beauty in literary form, I have a feeling you could (& indeed do) weave beauty & magic into even the simplest of words.

Awww thank you so much! :blush :x

Quote:
Okay, I shall address this last update in two parts ('cos otherwise I'd end up babbling & tying myself in knots and then you wouldn't know what I was talking about any more).

You of all people should know that I love a good babble. :glasses

Quote:
Firstly: Willow & Tara - You have captured the true love and passion they share in all it's intoxicating, breath-taking beauty It's wonderful & brilliant
Their game was so deliciously real, you could actually feel the tension building in both of them, feel them fighting to keep control - again, it was beautiful.

I have done a lot on the subject of true love and passion in this fic, but there hasn't been a lot with the playfulness. I'm really glad that you appreciated the game. I meant it to feel like an excerpt from taken from a larger text...but at the same time I wanted it to seem completed, when read. (if that makes any sense)

Quote:
The conflict that Donny was going through during his drive was so real & believable, his father has been a complete ass practically his whole life, but, he's still his father - that was a hard journey for Donny & I feel like I travelled it with him.

Thank you so much Jea. I actually have a crappy father, so I could put myself in Donny's shoes. And I had to, to write that part. It was kinda painful for me to go through the process of remembering how I felt in certain situations with my own father, but it was all worth it when I get responses like yours. :|

Quote:
So, Beth & Tara's father? Uhm, yeah, ewww *reflexive shiver of disgust* & Michael is Donny & Tara's brother? Wait, so, if Michael's 3... that means the thing between Tara's father & Beth started when Tara's mother was still alive, yes? I wonder if Tara's mother knew?

She seemed to be a smart lady...I'm sure she knew.

Thank you so much for the feedback sweetie. It means a lot to me. :-D

Teddy

Quote:
You have an amazing ability to portray the erotic without falling into the cavernous cliches.

Thank you. :blush I try not to be too cliche (it's one of my many mission statements )

Quote:
I particularly find the contrast between the new lighthearted ease between Willow and Tara and the dramatic tension of Donnie/father quite riveting.

Believe it or not, but the contrast that you mentioned between the lighthearted Willow and Tara and the not so lighthearted tension between Donny and his father was actually something I did on purpose. :lol Yes...at last, something that did not happen by accident. hehe. I wanted to highlight both the girls' segements and Donny's segements in a seperate light, in order to kind of add to the dramatic effect. I'm glad it was taken so well...cause I wasn't sure that it would be, when I posted it.

Quote:
I am curious to see how the knowledge of her father's secret life and new half-sibling will affect Willow/Tara's path.

I'm sure it will add a little bump in the road, but nothing they can't get through of course. :x

Thank you Teddy, for your thoughtful feedback. :applause

DelWhicker

Quote:
Well, Emms, I don't think there's anything I could say about this story that hasn't already been said, except that I'm loving it!

I'm so glad you like it sweetie.

Quote:
I hope that the money that Donny gave Beth wasn't from Tara's stash! Now that would throw a big ole wrench into the plan!

I don't think he would really do a thing like that to Tara.
:glasses

The Rose

Quote:
I can never say enough about this story. The way you write is just so beautiful. The language just flows throughout the story.

Thank you so much sweetie. I'll never be able to express what your kind words and constant support have meant to me, throughout the years that I've been writing fics. Thank you, thank you, thank you. :x

Artemis

Quote:
I liked the way that chapter moved between Willow and Tara's sweet/hot/playful moments, and Donny's anger, frustration, and semi-effective self-control.

Thank you. Like I said to Jeanne, I haven't concentrated a lot on the playful moments between the girls. So I am glad to see that it was taken so well by everyone. My worst fear was that people were going to be like..."That's so out of character!"

Quote:
What he's found out is going to affect Tara, and through her Willow, a great deal - even though they don't know yet, that reality felt that much more real by seeing events as they happened, not just hearing about them later.

I'm so glad that you think so. And I think you are absolutely right. There is a difference between seeing someone go through something firsthand as opposed to hearing about it later. I wanted the reader to really feel where donny was coming from in regards to his relationship with his father...it really has a love/hate kinda dynamic to it.

Quote:
That was great how you wrote Willow and Tara, like they're flourishing to life even more than they had been before - there was a real feeling of new life and joy about them. I hope they can hold on to it through finding out what Mr Maclay has been up to.

Again, thank you. They had just healed the fieild and I wanted to extend the life and vitality of the nature they had just brought back to life, into their own actions...it kind of illustrates the theme of this fic...that we are all connected to the earth.

Quote:
Mr Maclay and Beth... just... ew. And basically abandoning his first family, creep. Yay for Donny controlling himself though - he had every reason to be angry, and his upbringing has given him plenty of mixed feelings on anger and how to deal with it. But he, in essence, stood up to the Mr Maclay part of himself and faced it down. He's done a lot of growing up.

Exactly. That's it exactly Chris. Donny had to sort of face down his own demons in order to move to the next level. He had changed over the years and he was a completely different person, but he was still holding onto the guilt over what he had in the past. Holding onto that guilt was keeping him from growth. And he had to stand up to his father (that part of himself that he despised) and prove to himself that he wasn't that mean little boy anymore. He did that, so now he'll be able to move on with his life.
cooper

Quote:
The contrast between the two was awesome. I was totally thinking that Donny was going to shoot their Dad and then he would have become angry and mean like he was as a child.

I couldn't let Donny shoot his father, because the whole point was that he was able to control himself,and stand up to his father like a man (even though he didn't actually stand up to his father...his father just represented that part of himself that he despised ) So by not shooting his father, he was able to prove to himself that he was indeed a changed man.

Quote:
Beth and Mr Maclay? That has an ewww factor of 857 million ewww's.

yeah...totally agree with ya on that point. :lol though it helps a little tiny bit that she is not related by blood...or even related leagally, cause that would have been 10 times worse, I think. :lol

Loved the W/T interaction as well

Again, thank you. :blush

Henny

Quote:
I can't wait Emms!!!!!!! We want more we want more.... or better yet I want more I want more.... I can't wait for more.

Than, it's more you shall have sweetie. :x

singgirl

Quote:
Whoa dude...that's some Jerry Springer shit...

indeed it is, singgirl....indeed it is... :|

Kajun

Quote:
First there’s a “Whew.” thinking Donny had calmed down during the drive and was going to leave the firearm in the truck, then the “Uh oh.” he’s mad again, then.. “Oh crap.” discovering what his dad has been up to. UGH.

yeah....he was very wishy-washy there for a minute, wasn't he? :lol

Quote:
Please tell me Beth forged the letter and set up a little scenario so that the boy would think his father was a total skuz to scam Donny into giving her money. Well, at least he left the gun in the truck. Back to “Whew.”

No such luck....his dad really is a total skuz....

Quote:
Drunk and playful Willow and Tara.. They’re having so much fun but what will happen when Donny returns? Will he tell Tara or will he keep it a secret knowing that the news would only serve to hurt his sister

:hmm I really don't know....it will be intersting to find out. :|

Quote:
and really.. hasn’t she been through enough? She needs Willowtime in Sunnydale! Great update.. Thanks!

yes...she has been through enough. *nods head* and she does need Willowtime. :-D I don't know if they'll make it to Sunnydale though...something tells me they wont. This story was never about Sunnydale, so I think taking them there would ruin something about this story that makes it special. Don't you think?

Thank you ever so much for your wonderful feedback sweetie. It's always appreciated.

Anna

Quote:
What wonderful playfulness in this update. Ahhh... to be young, and in love in the summer time.

Yes...I personally think Summertime love is the best kind :-D

Quote:
I like how you split between the happy lovers and the drive with Donny. His experience was perfectly awful!

yes it was. And I'm glad you could appreciate the split between dynamics...I wasn't so sure when I posted that it would recieve good reviews. But it did, so yay! :-D

Quote:
Beth and their Dad? Just plain yucky!

Absolutely :glasses

Tegan

Quote:
Emms...hun....Mr. Maclay and Beth?!?! THATS SO ICKY!!!
I must thank you though for doing that part AFTER the hot shower scene and the fun in the room...it just wouldn't have been the same. My luck I would've ended up with Beth/Maclay visuals *shudders in disgust*.

yes...Mr. Maclay and Beth were disgusting, but intricle to the plot. :-D

oh and... Beth/Maclay visuals? *joins in the sudder*

Carleen, Carleen, Carleen..... *shakes head slowly*

Quote:
Quote:
Miss 'I don't sing' watson wrote:
What can I add that hasn't been said already, AND in out of tune song and dance.

Quote:
Who said I was out of tune????

I think we all just assumed, sweetie... :lol

Quote:
Quote:
The Queen of the Multi-fics, Emms wrote:
We can all aspire to Carleen's rare form of greatness....but most of us will never make it.

Quote:
I will gladly assist anyone who would like to achieve greatness as I have. I will even give a 10% discount on my consulting fee for any kitten.

It's nice to see capitalism is still alive and well..... :-D And a 10 percent discount on consulting fees?? You are too generous Car! You know...it's people like you that allow, we the everyday people...to dream big. :lmao
in hopes that some day *holds hand over heart in tribute to the American flag* some day....we might work hard and rise UP in this great nation...that we might save enough money to pay that lofty (yet reasonable :eyebrow ) consulting fee, so that we.....might have the opportunity to experience the type of greatness, that you yourself Carleen, have achieved. *nods head* yes....we can dream. :lmao

Quote:
So, when's the next update? NEED to know what's up with Donnie.

Just as soon as you beta it, dear. :-D

SallyMcFine

Quote:
I tried to leave feedback on Wednesday but crashed my computer and lost what I had written, so I'm going to try to sum up:

OMG....that happens to me all the time! :happy But luckily I've learned to copy and paste the brilliant feedback I write ( and we all know it's brilliant, right??) :lol

Quote:
this story is so sweet and good and so lovely. And I like it how just as all is well and the girls begin to get to resolution on the 'where will we live, will we be together' question, that the Donnie wrinkle happens. Looking forward to finding out what happens.

awww, :blush I am so happy that you are liking this story enough to leave feedback. :applause Thank you so much Sally.

End of replies :-D Stay tuned for the next update. :glasses

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:35 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Here's the next chapter! Enjoy!

Note: A big thanks to Carleen cause she's the best beta in the whole, wide, world. :-D

I made some structural changes after it was beta'd, so any mistakes are all mine.

All disclaimers Apply

The drive back to Cullison seemed to happen in slow motion. Donny couldn't focus on anything aside from random lyrics to songs he'd heard throughout his life. They plagued him, repeating themselves over and over again as he fought the urge to sing out loud. His fingers clenched the steering wheel so tightly that his knuckles had turned white with the effort, and every song he had ever heard kept right along playing non-stop through his mind, as if some glutton for punishment had put all their quarters into a jukebox and had pushed every button combination imaginable.

Although the karaoke style format in his brain was a better alternative to the thoughts he could have been having about his father and certain misdeeds, so he couldn't claim to hate his current thought processes. Donny was able to ignore the incessant music for most of the drive, but he drew the line when he started whistling Yankee Doodle. Muttering something under his breath the moment the high-pitched blast of wind had erupted from his lips to the blasted tune, he leaned forward and pushed the radio on with a heavy hand.

Tara cuddled into Willow's lean body; her face nuzzled the outer surface of WIllow's small breast. She heard her lover moan as Tara's lips moved to capture a pretty pink nipple beteween her lips. But Willow laughed and squirmed out reach when Tara sucked the pink delicacy into her mouth. Tara raised her head and lifted a questioning brow at her lover.

"You promised snuggles...." Willow pretended to pout. She stuck her lip as far out as it would go.

Tara smiled crookedly at the long whine strung through Willow's words. "Okay, I'm sorry...can you accept my deepest and most sincere apologies?" Tara tried to sound serious, but she could tell Willow had picked up on the tease in her voice. She should try and be good, she knew Willow was exhausted. They had made love all afternoon and were both pretty much ready to sleep for the next couple years. Tara sighed when Willow moved closer to her, allowing Tara her breast as a pillow, but nothing more. Tara felt Willow's fingers trace a path along her face, traveling behind her ear as she tucked a loose strand of blonde hair away from Tara's eyes.

"I love you Tara." Willow said suddenly, the easiness in her voice mirrored by the dreamy look in her eyes.

“I love you too...." Tara murmured against the sweet oatmeal scent of her lover's skin. She closed her eyes under the weight of the tiredness she felt resting against her eyelids, but opened them again as another thought sprang into her mind. "Where do you think Donny went?" She said suddenly. The thought of her brother and his whereabouts seemed to have replaced any naughty thoughts of ravishing her lover she had been having.

"I don't know....he's not back yet?"

"I don’t think so....I don't remember hearing the truck pull up...Do you?"

"Well.... we were kind of wrapped up in our own activities" Willow said, kissing Tara chastely on the lips. "Are you worried?"

"No…Donny's a big boy...I was just curious." Tara settled against Willow's shoulder once again, but this time, as Willow drifted off into sleep just under her, Tara could find no such rest. She didn't know why, but something about her brother being gone all morning and into the night worried her. It was so unlike him to leave without saying anything to her, or mentioning when he planned to be back.

Tara closed her eyes, deciding that worrying about her brother wasn't the best way to spend this moment with Willow. Tara turned her attention to the feel of her lover's bare skin against her cheek, and the tingly warmth of her skin. As they lay together naked under the thin sheet that just barely covered them, Tara fell asleep.

Tara stood on the ladder, brushing the white paint onto the side of the house in slow languid strokes. It really was too hot to be doing that type of work, but she wanted to get as much done as she could before the end of August, before it was time for she and Willow to leave for California.

Tara heard the truck crunching up the driveway and before she could turn around to look, Donny was already stomping onto the wooden porch. He didn't even stop to say two words to her as he brushed passed the ladder. Donny went into the house, slamming the screen door behind him. Exchanging a glance with Willow to let the redhead know that she would be alright, Tara came down off the ladder and went into the house after her brother.

She found him, sitting at the kitchen table, with his arms folded across his chest and his boots extended out in front of himself in what seemed to her to be a mock attempt to appear casual. Tara knew her brother enough not to be fooled by this though. His curious behavior was only becoming more curious by the second "What's going on Donny?" Tara asked, leaning against the counter. The edge of the hard surface cut into her bottom as she pressed her weight against it. Donny wasn't looking at her, nor did he look at her for a long moment after she spoke.

A few minutes of silence passed before Tara began to question if her brother had heard her at all. He was staring off into space as if he didn't recognize she was even in the room with him. Tara opened her mouth to say something else, but was cut off by Donny's sharp movement. His eyes darted to hers and Tara recognized a muted version of the look she had learned to be so afraid of as a child.

Tara wasn't worried that Donny would hurt her, or do anything to harm her, but she was concerned about what had happened to cause that look to be there in the first place. "Donny, what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Don't tell me nothing...I haven't seen you this way since... before mom...." Tara's voice trailed off. She couldn't bring herself to finish the sentence.

Donny sighed; he looked back at the table before his eyes returned to his sister. "It's Dad..." Donny still wasn't sure how much he should tell his sister. Part of him wanted to keep what he'd found out a secret, but the other part of him needed to share it with her...needed someone to confide in. Without really realizing it Donny had become very accustomed to talking one-on-one with Tara about his feelings.

"What about Dad?" Tara asked cautiously. She didn't know what to think, part of her worried that Donny was about to tell her that he had gone and done something to their father that he shouldn't have. Tara dismissed this thought as quickly as it had come though. Donny had come a long way in such a short amount of time. He wasn't like he used to be and she knew he would have taken the higher ground concerning whatever it was that had happened. Tara was more than sure of this.

"You're not going to believe this sis..." Donny laughed; everything seemed suddenly lighter and more amusing than it had seemed even a minute earlier.

Tara uncrossed her arms as she waited for Donny to go on.

"Cousin Beth.... and Dad." Donny couldn't help it as the laugh that had formed in the back of his throat, erupted from his lungs. He couldn't stop the rest of the laughter that had flowed out after it either. Donny looked up at Tara through watery eyes, she was looking at him like he had just lost his natural-born mind, but he couldn't contain his laughing long enough to finish what he had been about to tell her. "Cousin Beth...and Dad are...they're shacking up, sis. " he finally managed to squeeze out between the gasps of air that escaped around his laughter.

"What?" Tara's lips curled up in disbelief. She wasn't sure if she had even heard Donny correctly.

"No it's true. I saw it for myself. "

"You mean they're...living together?" Tara was beginning to understand.

"I don't know if they're living together...but she's definitely polishing his iron monkey." Donny didn't mean to be crude, but he couldn't help it. He felt crude at the moment.

Tears edged their way around Donny's eyes as he suddenly realized that they were not tears caused by laughter. Donny put his head in his hands, ashamed by the sudden display of emotion. He'd never meant to cry, in fact he hadn't cried since the day his mother died. He wasn't surprised when he felt Tara wrap her arms around him, her chin resting on the crown of his head.

Tara pulled back slightly. "Are you okay?" She asked. Taking her arms from around Donny, she took a step backward.

"I think so. It must have been the shock."

"How did you find out?" Tara asked this quietly, even though she was sure she could live the rest of her life without that information. She asked for Donny's sake though, because she could tell he needed to talk about it.

Donny pulled the piece of paper out of the pocket on in his jeans and handed the slip of paper to his sister. He could feel the tears drying on his face, causing his skin to feel tight and pulled. He ran his hands up and down the skin on his face, massaging it in an attempt to loosen the feeling of constriction he felt there.

Tara examined the paper, her eyes scanning across the written words. Part of her was hurt that her father hand gone to Donny with the fact that he needed money, and the other part understood his position. He and Donny had been close.

Tara couldn't claim to have such a relationship with their father. She had never felt too terribly close to the man, so she couldn’t really empathize with what Donny was going though. But she felt bad for him and wished for her brother's sake that her father had been a more honorable man than he had apparently turned out to be.

Tara frowned, handing the paper back to her brother. She watched as he crumpled it and tossed it against the far wall of the kitchen. The balled up paper made a small slapping sound before finally landing against the kitchen floor, directly under the rim of the cabinet.

They both stared at the crumpled paper in silence for a minute, neither saying a word. Tara was startled when Donny got up with intent. “What are you going to do?" Tara was scared by her brother's sudden change in mood. She was worried that he might do something he would regret for the rest of his life.

"I don't know. I think I gotta get out of here, sis." Donny paused, looking at Tara. "But I don't want to leave you alone. "

"I'm not alone Donny. I've decided to leave with Willow at the end of August. " Tara said, looking down at her fingers. She wasn't sure how he was going to react to that information. This was the first opportunity she'd had to tell him and she worried that he would disagree with her decision

"That's for the best Tara. You should leave. " Donny said, looking down at the floor.

Tara nodded. She was glad that he seemed to approve. She didn't like to admit it, but his opinion had become very important to her. "Where will you go?" She asked, her voice small.

"Texas maybe...I haven't thought too much about it." Donny ran his hand nervously through his shaggy brown hair. "Promise me Tara...promise me that you'll leave. Don't hang around here, sis. There's nothing for you here. " Suddenly that became very important to Donny, he wanted to know Tara was going to be alright if he left.

Deep down he knew Willow would take care of his sister, he could feel it...Willow and Tara had something between them that was larger than anything he could consciously wrap his mind around, but still he felt it. Deep down inside he knew she would be okay; he just needed to hear it from Tara.

Tara could feel tears forming in the back of her eyes. "When are you leaving?"

"As soon as I can get my shit together...tomorrow morning maybe.... Will you give me a ride to the bus station?" Donny looked up, but looked quickly away when he saw the tears in Tara's eyes. She was the only part of this farm that he would miss, but he knew he couldn’t stay. It was time to start things anew. Donny knew he never wanted to see this farm again. There were too many bad memories associated with this property...things he never wanted to remember for the rest of his life.

Donny hugged Tara

TBC

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:38 am 
19. Yummy Face

dibs

ETA:

Emmy,

This was another really great update. I've gotta say, I just don't know how you do it. You have so many stories going on right now...each very different from the others...and you are able to maintain such a high quality of writing with each. Brava!

Willow and Tara snuggling after a day of play and love making is just a beautiful image. The love between them is so clear and is shown in different ways -- Tara unable to keep herself from being aroused and touching Willow...Willow able to say, "baby, whoa, you've worn me out already. Just snuggle with me" and not hurt Tara's feelings. Wonderful stuff.

And, of course, the Tara/Donny dynamic continues to be well done. His display of emotion in front of Tara is a testament to their strong relationship, as is the understanding that each needs to get out of there and move on to a better life.

I've read some of the other replies prior to adding mine in...and while I can understand the concern regarding Donny's decision -- that it seems hasty -- I have to disagree. I think Donny has been thinking about this for a long, long time. This was simply the proverbial straw. And he knows he can get out now that Tara has someone in her life besides him -- Willow will take care of her, and let herself be taken care of in return. What will happen to the farm? Well, that's their father's issue, really. Harsh, but true.

Anyway, great stuff, Emms! I continue to love your work and am honored to be allowed to beta it.

Car

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:12 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Emms, my fellow beta-ee (is that a word?) wrote:
A big thanks to Carleen cause she's the best beta in the whole, wide, world

Yes, if she weren't the best beta in the whole wide world, I'd be VERY MAD at her, cos she didn't tell me about the update, grrrr.

So, yeah, I'm second dibs. And I'm truly impressed with this update, how you switched between the contrasting emotions. I could feel Donnie's despondency as he drove back home, how songs invaded his mind
Quote:
as if some glutton for punishment had put all their quarters into a jukebox and had pushed every button combination imaginable.

What a description!! I'm amazed again.

The contrast of this barren-ness, with the warmth of the afterglow of W/T loving. Wow. I feel like I was there, feeling their intimacy. But even then, at the back of Tara's mind was Donnie's safety. It's there gnawing at her, but it didn't stop her from coming back to Willow, always she'll come back to Willow.

I don't quite know how to make of Donnie's decision to leave. Seems to me it was taken quite hastily, and borders on a knee-jerk reaction. It does pave the way for Tara to leave with Willow, cos otherwise both of them would be worried about each other. What would Donnie do in Texas? How would they keep in touch? What about the farm? So many practical questions to be answered, I can just see an emotional goodbye scene between them, I'm already tearing up.

Fantastic writing. So brilliant that I've forgotten all about being mad at our beta, she must be heaving a big sigh of relief right now. (Yeah, Car, I can just imagine you shrugging and saying "so what, watty, I'm soooo scared of you.")

p.s. Emmy, I didn't count the number of words in your dialogue this time, cos you have, unusually, more than a few lines of dialogue.
[br]

Last edited by watty on Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:27 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Hey sweetie, :wave

I'd like to leave a typical 'aww how sweet & lovely' type feedback, but, well, that was just all fraught & tense and 'aww how sweet & lovely' just doesn't seem appropriate.
I can however, comment, as usual, on how very wonderfully written it was & I'm beginning to think that I'm sounding like a broken record 'cos I seem to say that in all of my feedbacks to your fics. It is true though :)

Quote:
Donny couldn't focus on anything aside from random lyrics to songs he'd heard throughout his life. They plagued him, repeating themselves over and over again as he fought the urge to sing out loud.

I hate it when random songs just get stuck in your head & demand to be sung out loud. :)
I know it was a rather tense moment & poor Donny was going through so much at the time, but, that just made me :lol

Aww, Willow was all exhausted, & in the best way possible too :glasses & Tara was still feeling all playful, that was very cute. Not just that Willow was exhausted & Tara was being all playful, just, that whole scene, was very cute :x

Quote:
She didn't know why, but something about her brother being gone all morning and into the night worried her.

Well of course Tara's gonna be worried about Donny, I mean, yes he's a big boy, but, he's still her brother, & he just went off with no explanation & he'd been gone all day - it's very worry-worthy.
However, I'm glad that Tara realised that there were better ways to be spending her time with Willow & managed to get some sleep, especially because it meant that we got this wonderful little gem...

Quote:
Tara turned her attention to the feel of her lover's bare skin against her cheek, and the tingly warmth of her skin. As they lay together naked under the thin sheet that just barely covered them, Tara fell asleep.

Beautiful :x

Hmm, was Willow helping Tara to paint the house? I don't suppose it's at all relevant, I just found myself wondering. I had this cute image of them both covered in white paint & then of course there would have been the mutual cleaning of one another & we all know what shared showers, or baths, lead to ;) ...& I'm just getting all carried away now aren't I? I'm sorry, I'll stop :blush

The scene between Tara & Donny was so very real, what an intense rollercoaster that was & you could feel every single emotion, both Tara's & Donny's. That's some extremely powerful and wonderful writing you got going on there sweetie :) :clap

So, Tara and Donny are both moving away from the farm huh? I guess that is good for both of them, there are a LOT of bad memories for them there. It does seem like rather a hasty decision from Donny though, especially as he's thinking of leaving so soon. That leaves Tara to decide what's gonna happen to the farm & organise everything in preperation.
It does seem a shame to leave the farm completely, I mean, yes, there are bad memories, but, there are good memories too... I think it'd make me sad to see the farm left all derelict & lonely.

Wow, I'm babbling a heck of a lot today aren't I? It's a good job you don't mind the babbling :glasses

Okay, I'm gonna stop, & I'm gonna let someone else take the stage :blush

Can't wait for more sweetie

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:13 pm 
19. Yummy Face

I am glad to see an update on this story. I though you had disappeared.

Good that Tara and Donny both are leaving for better lives.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:36 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Really emotional chapter. I love how you portrayed Donny's reactions to what he'd learned - the serious side of him, and such strange reactions as turning into a mobile jukebox and laughing out of place. It really shows the turmoil inside him. Yet at the same time, he's grown up, and in control of himself. I especially liked that practically his first thought when he considered leaving was about Tara's happiness. He's come such a long way from the bratty little boy he was.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:05 am 
3. Flaming O

I'm not sure if I've commented on your fic before but I really like it. This update is really well done. I mean Tara is snuggling with Willow but wondering about Donnie and then he comes home and he's mad and sad and so many things. I'm glad that both of them are going to leave the farm. That will be best for them and I hope they do a good job of keeping in touch. Keep it coming.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:00 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Yippee, an update! :applause
I was glad that Donny was able to tell Tara what was going on with their father because I was afraid he might blow a gasket when he got back, and that someone might get hurt. It was a touching sibling moment. :-D I especially liked this bit;

Quote:
"I don't know. I think I gotta get out of here, sis." Donny paused, looking at Tara. "But I don't want to leave you alone. "

"I'm not alone Donny. I've decided to leave with Willow at the end of August. " Tara said, looking down at her fingers. She wasn't sure how he was going to react to that information. This was the first opportunity she'd had to tell him and she worried that he would disagree with her decision

"That's for the best Tara. You should leave. " Donny said, looking down at the floor.

I was wondering how Donny was going to take Tara's departure from the farm. It looks like it turned out okay with him leaving as well.
Great job Emms!

-anna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:56 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Wow, that was a really great update. I really missed this fic. It was wierd, I was thinking about it, only a few days ago, and then I saw it on the front page, I prayed it wasn't a bump. Yaaay!! It was an awesome update from one of my favorite writters. I feel bad for Donny. What little bit of faith he had in his father is smashed...I love that he will only leave if Tara will be okay. Let's keep this Donny! Now, Tara doesn't have to really do anything with the farm, does she? Does that mean she can stop sweating like a whore in church over work, and start sweating more with Willow, right? :eyebrow I kid...I kid... anyway. I'm very glad that you are working on this fic again.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:39 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Ooh wonderful update emms..The interaction bewteen Donnie and Tara was really nice to read :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 1:54 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I haven't got much time so it's a little short ... shorter then it should be...I really wanted to leave you something. I love it... Donnie showing his feelings brilliant. I :x the update Em... and you know I always want more... so more please!

Henster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:13 pm 
8. Vixen

:bow :applause :clap :party :thud

I just caught up with this entire fic and I must say that it is fantastic! It's really sweet and romantic and the sex is freakin' hot and sweaty. I can't say anything that anyone hasn't said already so I'll just say "thanks" for posting such a wonderful story! I will keep up with future updates from now on and will hopefully be able to contribute some better feedback.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:12 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback kittens! here are some replies for you. :-D
Carleen!

Quote:
dibs

That's the first Dibs I have ever received!! Wooo Hooooo I've been dibbed upon!! :lol :-D

Quote:
This was another really great update. I've gotta say, I just don't know how you do it. You have so many stories going on right now...each very different from the others...and you are able to maintain such a high quality of writing with each. Brava!

Thanks sweetie. I'm not sure how I do it either. hehe. And most of the time I'm not even sure that I am maintaing any high quality of writing....I think it must be a fluke. It is true that I have a lot of stories going...I guess, like watson, I have many personalities. :-D

Quote:
Willow and Tara snuggling after a day of play and love making is just a beautiful image. The love between them is so clear and is shown in different ways -- Tara unable to keep herself from being aroused and touching Willow...Willow able to say, "baby, whoa, you've worn me out already. Just snuggle with me" and not hurt Tara's feelings. Wonderful stuff.

Thanks. I've tried to write them so that it's evident that they are very intuned to eachother and way beyond that missunderstanding stuff. They went through that when they were kids (to a very small degree) But now they know eachother well enough not to be caught up in that whole "what did she mean when she said that?" drama.

Quote:
And, of course, the Tara/Donny dynamic continues to be well done. His display of emotion in front of Tara is a testament to their strong relationship, as is the understanding that each needs to get out of there and move on to a better life.

Yes...I think their relationship has flowerd (excuse the pun :-D ) in a very strong unity. Donny has come a long way in his evolvement...from the angry young man he used to be to the caring brother that we see today. It's been a long journey for him and the fact that he can cry in front of his sister is really just, like you said, a testiment to their relationship and how much he's grown up .

Quote:
I've read some of the other replies prior to adding mine in...and while I can understand the concern regarding Donny's decision -- that it seems hasty -- I have to disagree. I think Donny has been thinking about this for a long, long time. This was simply the proverbial straw. And he knows he can get out now that Tara has someone in her life besides him -- Willow will take care of her, and let herself be taken care of in return. What will happen to the farm? Well, that's their father's issue, really. Harsh, but true.

You are exactly right. Donny has been hinting that he was ready to get out of there and start a new life for a long time...but it's always been his relationship with his father, that has held him back. Donny has always been torn between wanting a relationship with his father and hating the man, this stems all the way back to his first appearance in the story and that first inside look we got into Donny's thoughts. And now that he's come to some long overdue determinations about the man, Donny is finally ready to move on with his life.

And about the farm being their father's issue. Yes. That is exactly right...afterall it is his farm....even though we'd like to believe that it belongs to Tara and Donny, it doesn't.

Awwww thank you so much Carleen, for the wonderful feedback. It is muchly appreciated. :-D

watson

Quote:
The contrast of this barren-ness, with the warmth of the afterglow of W/T loving. Wow. I feel like I was there, feeling their intimacy. But even then, at the back of Tara's mind was Donnie's safety. It's there gnawing at her, but it didn't stop her from coming back to Willow, always she'll come back to Willow

What a lovely way to put it sweetie.

Quote:
I don't quite know how to make of Donnie's decision to leave. Seems to me it was taken quite hastily, and borders on a knee-jerk reaction. It does pave the way for Tara to leave with Willow, cos otherwise both of them would be worried about each other. What would Donnie do in Texas? How would they keep in touch? What about the farm? So many practical questions to be answered, I can just see an emotional goodbye scene between them, I'm already tearing up.

I can see how you could think that Donny's decision to leave was made hastily, cause he's a hasty kinda guy and once he gets something into his mind, he's not going to sit around on the thought, nope...he's gonna act on it. for example: He got the letter from his father...and instead of sitting down and thinking about it, calling the man on the telephone or consulting with his sister, he throws the rifle and himself into the truck at the butt crack of dawn and drives over there....those are not the signs of a very patient and thoughtful man.
But in regaurds to Donny leaving...that was not the knee-jerk reaction it seemed to be. Everything he's done so far in the story has alluded to the fact that he wanted to get out of there, and that he wasn't a happy guy living life "Little House on the Prairie" style. It just took him resolving the inner-conflict he had about his father and being able to come to a final determination about the man that really allowed Donny to release all bonds and ties he felt pinned him to the farm. Especially that he knew his sister would be okay if he left. That was a big part of the reason he had been holding on for the last couple years.

Quote:
p.s. Emmy, I didn't count the number of words in your dialogue this time, cos you have, unusually, more than a few lines of dialogue.

OMG did I write dialogue??? heheh.

Jeanne, sweetie..

Quote:
I'd like to leave a typical 'aww how sweet & lovely' type feedback, but, well, that was just all fraught & tense and 'aww how sweet & lovely' just doesn't seem appropriate.
I can however, comment, as usual, on how very wonderfully written it was & I'm beginning to think that I'm sounding like a broken record 'cos I seem to say that in all of my feedbacks to your fics. It is true though

I will never stop appreciating the "wonderfully written" comment....so feel free to make is as many times as you'd like. :-D

Quote:
I hate it when random songs just get stuck in your head & demand to be sung out loud.
I know it was a rather tense moment & poor Donny was going through so much at the time, but, that just made me

yeah...I hate when songs get stuck in my head too. When I wrote that part, I kept sitting in front of the computer trying to think about what Donny's thought processes would be like.....and I couldn't concentrate because random songs kept drifting into my head, and before I knew what was happening I was humming to tune to some blasted song I had heard from the radio earlier that day. So then i thought to myself...the same thing might be happening to Donny! Woo hoo and there it was...an end to the writer's block i had been experiencing for the past month! :applause

Quote:
Hmm, was Willow helping Tara to paint the house? I don't suppose it's at all relevant, I just found myself wondering. I had this cute image of them both covered in white paint & then of course there would have been the mutual cleaning of one another & we all know what shared showers, or baths, lead to ...& I'm just getting all carried away now aren't I? I'm sorry, I'll stop

Oh...I'm sure she was helping. I don't think our Willow would leave Tara to do a job like that all by herself. :glasses But I did see Willow more in the role of handing Tara paintbrushes...and gathering paint cans rather than making with the actual painting. Even though.... the image you supplied about them all covered in white paint and the smutty type shower that would have to insue afterward, was enticing....

Quote:
The scene between Tara & Donny was so very real, what an intense rollercoaster that was & you could feel every single emotion, both Tara's & Donny's. That's some extremely powerful and wonderful writing you got going on there sweetie

Thank you sweetie. I'm glad you found it so real... I wanted to hit on the rollarcoaster effect...and I knew it was a ride Donny would have to take by himself. Tara couldn't join him in the emotions he was feeling, because she didn't have the same relationship with their father, that donny had. So everything Donny was going through was pretty one-sided, but Tara didn't miss a beat when it came to being there for Donny and comforting him the best she could.

Quote:
So, Tara and Donny are both moving away from the farm huh? I guess that is good for both of them, there are a LOT of bad memories for them there. It does seem like rather a hasty decision from Donny though, especially as he's thinking of leaving so soon. That leaves Tara to decide what's gonna happen to the farm & organise everything in preperation.
It does seem a shame to leave the farm completely, I mean, yes, there are bad memories, but, there are good memories too... I think it'd make me sad to see the farm left all derelict & lonely.

yep...both moving away. And you're right, there are a lot of bad memories as well as good memories....but sometimes the bad memories in life far outweigh the good ones. Donny's been ready to leave for a long time now, it just took this last thing with his father, to push him over the edge. As I've said before, I don't view Donny's decision to leave as hasty at all, he's been primed to make the move since the beginning, but has only been holding on because of his unresolved conflict with his father, and his growing care for his sister and her well being. Now that those things are taken care of, Donny can finally move on with his life.

Thanks for the babble sweetie. You know I always appreciate it. :-D

The Rose

thanks for the feedback sweetie..nope I never disappeared....cause here I am. :-D I'm glad you liked the update. :dance

Artemis

Quote:
Really emotional chapter. I love how you portrayed Donny's reactions to what he'd learned - the serious side of him, and such strange reactions as turning into a mobile jukebox and laughing out of place. It really shows the turmoil inside him. Yet at the same time, he's grown up, and in control of himself. I especially liked that practically his first thought when he considered leaving was about Tara's happiness. He's come such a long way from the bratty little boy he was.

Exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself, chris. :-D Donny has done a lot of growing and now that he knows Tara will be taken care of, he can finally leave the farm and start a new life.

Graceland

Quote:
I'm not sure if I've commented on your fic before but I really like it. This update is really well done. I mean Tara is snuggling with Willow but wondering about Donnie and then he comes home and he's mad and sad and so many things. I'm glad that both of them are going to leave the farm. That will be best for them and I hope they do a good job of keeping in touch. Keep it coming.

First off...I'm glad you like the story enough to leave feedback. And secondly...thank you for your kind words. You are right, it is best that they both leave the farm...and I'm sure they will keep in touch. :|

Anna

Quote:
Yippee, an update!
I was glad that Donny was able to tell Tara what was going on with their father because I was afraid he might blow a gasket when he got back, and that someone might get hurt. It was a touching sibling moment.

Oh wow sweetie...thank you for the feedback! It's nice to hear from you again. :-D

What you felt about Donny was right on point. When I wrote that I wanted readers to be uncertain as to what he was actually going to do...all the way from the time he was driving up there with the rifle in the back of the truck to when the moment came for him to decide to tell Tara what was happening, or not. :-D

thank you so much for your feedback sweetie.

singgirl

Quote:
Wow, that was a really great update. I really missed this fic. It was wierd, I was thinking about it, only a few days ago, and then I saw it on the front page, I prayed it wasn't a bump

That seems to be the way things work a lot of the time. I know that that has happend to me many times...I'll be thinking about a story all of the sudden, and the very next day there will be an update. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one that happens to. :-D

Quote:
Yaaay!! It was an awesome update from one of my favorite writters. I feel bad for Donny. What little bit of faith he had in his father is smashed...I love that he will only leave if Tara will be okay

Thank you. :blush Donny really turned out to be an okay guy, and it's really very evident that he cares a great deal for his sister.

Quote:
Let's keep this Donny
!

Okay!! :applause :clap :-D

Quote:
Now, Tara doesn't have to really do anything with the farm, does she? Does that mean she can stop sweating like a whore in church over work, and start sweating more with Willow,

:lmao

sam

Thank you sweetie. I'm glad to know you are still reading.

Henster :lmao

I know you've been busy sweetie, but thanks for dropping in and leaving feedback. :-D

dorksrcool

Quote:
I just caught up with this entire fic and I must say that it is fantastic! It's really sweet and romantic and the sex is freakin' hot and sweaty. I can't say anything that anyone hasn't said already so I'll just say "thanks" for posting such a wonderful story! I will keep up with future updates from now on and will hopefully be able to contribute some better feedback.

Oh wow! Thank you for that awesome reply!! :x I'm so glad you like it. :-D hehe....now I'm all speechless...... :blush

That's it for now kittens, I'm working on the next update though so it should be posted soon...this weekend maybe. :bounce

xoxo
Emms

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:28 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Aw man, I thought I had fed back but I guess I didn't. Sorry Emms! The things that struck me about this particular update were - number one, what a relief that Donny didn't do anything rash or violent with big time consequences, and number two, I really liked the scene of him and Tara laughing until they cried, and then him crying for real, at the kitchen table. It was a necessary catharsis after the tension of the last cliffhanger. Well done.

I, too, wonder why Donny is going to Texas. What's in Texas? I guess it's close to Oklahoma and there are probably more economic opportunities there. Is he going to get a job working on some kind of farm or something? I guess it wouldn't have made sense for him to go with Tara and Willow to California either, but then again, they're the only family each other has (who they're on speaking terms with).

I can't imagine what it must be like for Tara, at age 18, to be bidding her family goodbye and moving away from the only home she has ever known. Even though she and Willow are clearly very confident in their love for each other, it still must be unnerving to some extent. Although she's had to say goodbye to her family in stages anyway, with her mother's death and her father's abdication. Sigh!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:24 pm 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Not just Henster Emms...no no....it's THE Henster...don't forget that..... so next update...I'm going to miss it cry...well more to read later right.

Take care,
Henster or Henny

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:46 pm 
8. Vixen

OMG...
What a beautiful update.
So full of emotion, so tangible. It's really refreshing to see Donny being so nice and actually like him.
Amazingly written, the little hairs on my arm are still standing.
Thank you. :paranoid

K.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:12 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi everyone! Not an update, sorry... But, :-D I would like to share with you, the banner petal of roses aka Rosella has made. What a talented Kitten!! :bow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next