The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: The Moth and the Star (Completed 30 Jan '11)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:29 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Title: The Moth and the Star
Author: Alcy
Rating: Rated NC-17 for very strong language and graphic sex scenes.
Pairing: Willow/Tara of course
Summary: Tara Maclay is an up and coming author, practically married to the woman of her dreams and yet in the space of a few short hours her life comes crashing down around her ears. As she struggles to get her life back on track she meets a girl, the type of girl she knows she ought to run away from and never look back…and yet she is inexplicably drawn to her. What follows is a love story of two people who are drawn to each other like the moth to the star.
Disclaimer: I don’t own Buffy, this fic is of course AU so no spoilers for any season.
Author's Notes: I thought I would finally set a story in my home town, Wellington, New Zealand.
This fic has been through a couple of incarnations, but it began life a few years ago as a Willow/Tara fic and this is how it was always meant to be. The title to this fic is taken from a poem by Shelley.

[center]~Chapter One~[/center]

The Blackberry lying on the passenger seat let out an alarming series of beeps in an unwelcome reminder for Tara Maclay that she was almost half an hour late. She groaned and ignored the call. It was definitely her publisher calling to ascertain her whereabouts. Knowing Bridget as well as she did, Tara knew she’d spend five minutes on the phone being reminded that she was incapable of keeping an appointment. By that time she’d have arrived at Asteron Publishing, making answering the phone entirely counter-productive. She let the Blackberry ring itself silly for a few moments longer before it fell silent.

Five minutes later, as she had anticipated, she saw Asteron Publishing’s squat and imposing façade, the first and last stop for all too many hopeful first time writers. Tara Maclay, however, was not a first time writer…not that that gave her the right to be late for a meeting with her publisher. She yanked the wheel on her Suzuki Swift and pulled into the car park. Gathering the bound papers of her manuscript as well as an assortment of other papers and her blackberry, with which she had a love/hate relationship, Tara shoved open her door. A split second later she heard a sudden high pitched screech and the sound of rubber sliding on concrete. She turned in time to see a cyclist only just managing to brake before he had the opportunity to get up close and personal with the door of her car.

Tara stared in horror as he tottered dangerously before extricating his shoes from his cleats before he could fall over altogether.

“Oh god, I’m so s-sorry!” she exclaimed in horror as he set both feet securely on the ground.

He turned towards her, and his stormy expression was all too quickly wiped and replaced by one of pleasant surprise. Tara felt a slight flush heat her cheeks as he stared at her a little too intently. She knew what he thought he was seeing, a sexy blonde of average height, pale, creamy skin and blue eyes that were enough to make even the smallest glance seem like something special shared between lovers. Tara on the other hand disregarded her own beauty as nothing special. She thought herself just another girl really…another girl who was really late for a meeting with the woman who paid her.

“No harm done,” the young man replied with a grin. “It’s not like I haven’t got a flashing light on the front of my bike and a high visibility vest on.”

Tara cringed. “I’m sorry…I’m kinda late and I didn’t look before opening my door.”

“It’s fine, honestly,” he tried to reassure her. He shrugged. “It happens all the time, you need a sixth sense if you’re gonna bike anywhere in this city…know what you can do to make it up to me?”

Oh god, here it comes, Tara thought with a slight grimace. She tried to keep the sweet smile on her face. “You know - "

“Give me your number?” he interrupted as his eyebrows rose expectantly. As Tara opened her mouth to reply he sighed and smiled wryly, “Nah, s’okay, you’ve probably got a boyfriend anyway…”

“Not exactly…” Tara began. As she saw his hopes starting to rise again she continued, “I have a girlfriend.”

“Damn!” He slapped the palm of his hand against his handlebars. “Sorry, I feel kind of stupid now.”

“Don’t worry,” Tara replied as she shook her head softly, “It happens all the time - " Way to stretch the truth there Maclay, you’re not that hot " - But I really am awfully late…are we good?”

“Yeah, yeah…I’m fine and you’re…you’re a hot lesbian.” He grinned before manoeuvring around her car door and resuming his journey. He threw a last glance back over his shoulder.

Tara shook her head in disbelief at the nerve of some people and finally exited her car. In her haste she forgot the manuscript…and then forgot to lock the car, before finally remembering to do everything. When she entered Bridget’s office she was three-quarters of an hour late, and her publisher was not impressed.

Bridget Williams, founding owner of Asteron Publishing, looked up from her desk with an exasperated expression on her face. She removed her glasses as Tara gingerly took a seat in the leather chair in front of her desk. Bridget was in her late forties, her dark hair shot through with grey, a dedicated hard worker who built her business from the ground up. She did not share Tara’s aversion to being punctual and efficient.

“Tara Maclay, your latest manuscript had better be pretty fucking fantastic or else!” the short-haired women snapped, however there was an amused gleam in her eyes. “Just don’t tell me you’re late because you were having sex. If I’m not getting any at the moment I sure as hell don’t need to be reminded that you’re practically married.”

Tara shrugged, hardly wanting to go into any details about her love life with Bridget. It was true enough; she’d been with her girlfriend for almost seven years – a lifetime really. All the way from their carefree second year at university where they’d fucked like rabbits to now, a domesticated partnership consisting of polite conversation and the occasional snuggle in front of the TV. Bridget didn’t need to hear about her love life, it was all about the wad of paper sitting on the desk in front of her.

“It’s good,” Tara said honestly. She swallowed a little awkwardly. It was hard to talk up her own work, even to someone who knew her writing as well as Bridget. “It’s probably my best work.”

“Leave that judgement up to me, Ms Maclay.” Bridget pursed her lips together thoughtfully. “But if you’re saying that, then I look forward to reading it immensely, especially if it’s even better than your last novel.”

Tara sighed. “Historical romantic dribble…”

“It’s the biggest seller on my backlist!” Bridget protested.

“Well when I am going to be able to write the kind of novel I want to write!” Tara breathed in a deep breath, she rarely challenged Bridget but for some reason she felt her anger rising. “I’m sick of writing this commercial crap!” She jerked her thumb in the direction of the manuscript on Bridget’s desk.

“Tara…you know as well as I do that lesbian fiction doesn’t sell like the het stuff. I don't think you would be in a hurry to go back to living off noodles and tomato soup?” Bridget asked.

“No,” Tara replied dejectedly.

Another ten minutes of business-related conversation passed and Tara was free to leave. She bade a warm but hollow farewell to Bridget and made her way back out to the Suzuki sitting in the car park. A small sigh escaped her lips, a part of her knew full well she should have pressed Bridget harder about writing the type of fiction she wanted to write but for some reason she found it difficult to stand up for herself. It’s my work for fuck’s sake, Tara thought angrily as she slid into the driver’s seat of her car and tossed her papers and phone on the seat next to her, I should threaten to find a new publisher. Tara knew full well it would be an empty threat. She’d never walk out on Bridget, not for another few years at least. She owed her too much for giving her a shot when no one else would.

Tara was heading back into town, mentally running through a list of the rest of the days chores, when her blackberry began buzzing at her. She debated ignoring it for a few moments but eventually she gave in and leaned across the seat to retrieve it. A small smile brightened her face when she saw who was calling.

“Hey you,” Tara said brightly. “I’m on my way to Woolworth’s, you feel like anything special for dinner?”

“Ah…Tara, baby, don’t worry about me for dinner, I’m going to my Mum’s tonight,” a tight voice replied on the other end of the line.

“That’s fine,” Tara shrugged, trying to keep an eye on the road while talking on her cell. “I can save you something if you like?”

“You’re not listening, I’m not coming home tonight…there are a few things I need to think through.” The announcement was followed by an exasperated sigh.

Tara frowned and indicated so she could pull over safely. Once on the side of the road she was able to turn her full attention to her girlfriend. “Sweetie…what are you saying?”

“I need to rethink us, Tara!”

The words hit Tara like a ton of bricks. Her tongue was tied for a good ten seconds before she could reply. However when the words finally came, they came in a torrent. “Why the hell are we having this conversation on the phone, I’m pulled over on the side of the road and you’re breaking up with me?”

There was another sigh. “I don’t want to do it face to face…you’ll cry and I won’t be able to get a word in through the tears…and I’m not breaking up with you…there are just a few…decisions I need to make.”

“I-I can’t believe we’re having this conversation.” The anger was gone. Tara could barely hear her own voice, it was that quiet. “Hey, I’m gonna go alright…” Tara was fast failing to keep the tears at bay. “Can we finish this at another time?”

“Yeah…sure thing…I’m sorry about saying anything over the phone…”

“Well, it’s a little too late for that.” Tara scrubbed angrily at her face as a tear leaked down her cheek.

“I love you, Tara,” came the whispered reply.

Tara heard an audible click on the other end of the phone before she could reply. “Yeah, I love you too,” she whispered with a slight edge to her voice.

~~~~~~

It was almost time for the lunch rush and the main street was already teeming with suits ducking out to grab sushi or on their way to a lunch meeting. As soon as she stepped off the bus, Tara immediately regretted coming into town. She knew she should have cancelled her haircut but appointments with Anya were worth their weight in gold and even the confession the previous day hadn’t quite turned Tara into a housebound wreck. So she’d spent the night on the phone gushing to Faith and her eyes were a little red-rimmed this morning…life couldn’t be perfect all the time. Something similar had happened a few years previously, after a few drinks her girlfriend had admitted to sleeping with one of their mutual friends. She’d bawled her eyes out for a week and then forgiven her as though nothing had ever happened. This time, though, she couldn’t help but feel that something wasn’t right. The fact that she had actually come out and said that she needed time to reconsider their relationship made her feel more than a little sick to her stomach. Tara banished such thoughts from her mind, instead concentrating on fighting her way through the stream of people who all seemed to be headed in the opposite direction.

Her phone chose that exact moment to start buzzing and she was forced to duck into an alcove set back off the street to fish around in her bag. It was Faith Lehane, her best friend since high school, solid as a rock and dependable in times of crisis.

“Hey Faith,” Tara tried to inject an element of enthusiasm into her voice but she came out sounding tired and strained.

“Hey girl,” Faith’s deep, perpetually sultry voice sounded over the other end of the line. She paused, “I can barely hear you!”

“Yeah, I’m downtown…I forgot all about my appointment at Grace until this morning.”

“Ah,” Faith answered knowledgeably, “You wouldn’t want to cancel on Anya. You won’t get another appointment for months.”

“Exactly,” Tara replied, checking her watch to see that time was all too quickly creeping towards her appointment. “I’m a wee bit late…”

“As always!” Faith laughed lightly. Her voice then took on a more serious tone. “I’m just calling to check you’re okay. You know that bitch isn’t worth throwing yourself off a bridge for…not after pulling this kind of shit on you again…in fact, she’s not even worth stuffing yourself full of chocolate and ice cream. Promise me you won’t, T?”

Tara couldn’t help but smile. “Promise you what? That I won’t throw myself off a bridge or eat until I throw up?”

“Both!” Faith laughed again.

A beep interrupted Tara before she could speak again. She glanced down at her phone and sighed wearily before saying goodbye to Faith. “Hey, I’ve got another call coming through…talk to you later?”

“Sure thing, T, you call me straight away if you need any back up when she comes home tonight won’t you?”

“You bet." Tara’s smile faded at the thought of dealing with her girlfriend that evening. She then hung up on her friend and answered the second call, adding an element of annoyance to her voice as by now she was well and truly late for her appointment. “Hello?”

The voice on the other end had barely begun speaking when all colour blanched from Tara’s face and the sounds of the street were drowned out by the awful pounding of blood in her ears. The only words she could make out amidst the noise were ‘head on collision,’ ‘ambulance’ and ‘hospital.’ She barely allowed the voice to finish before her feet were already running, her eyes searching desperately for a taxi. All the while she felt an awful sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach as though she knew it was already too late.

~~~~~~

Tara sat alone in the hospital waiting room, barely interested in the magazine at her elbow or the child who repeatedly smashed his toy truck into her foot. Eventually its mother told it to stop, but Tara could not even reply to the small smile of apology flashed in her direction. She felt the weight of her cell phone in her pocket and knew she should call Faith to come down to the hospital, but even that seemed like too much of an effort. All she was interested in was news, and so far no one could give her any. The desk nurse just shook her head sadly every time Tara approached the desk, and passing doctors seemed too busy with cases of their own.

Finally Tara stood on her jelly-like legs and slowly made her way towards the swinging doors through which all the traffic seemed to be passing. A nurse roughly grabbed her elbow and halted her in her tracks.

“I just need…” Tara began, nodding towards the doors.

“Sorry lady, but you can’t come through here…” The nurse paused at the sight of fresh tears falling down Tara’s face and sighed sympathetically. “Give me a name and I’ll see what I can find out?”

“Audrey…Audrey Kent,” Tara mumbled numbly.

The nurse nodded and gave Tara an awkward pat on the arm before she too disappeared through the doors, leaving her standing alone.

Almost fifteen minutes passed and although Tara remained standing by the doors, the nurse did not reappear with any news. She debated trying to force her way through again but she couldn’t find the energy to fight. Instead she returned to the hard plastic chairs and slumped into one, folding her arms tightly across her chest as though trying to keep in her pain.

“Ms. Maclay?”

Tara blinked, once, twice. She jerked upright and after a few seconds realised that she had fallen asleep upright in the chair. Her mouth felt awful, and her nose felt dry and crusty as a result of her earlier tears. She dashed her hand across her face and scrubbed at her eyes before looking up to see a tired looking female doctor standing in front of her. Although she’d pulled on a clean white coat, Tara could still see her bloody blue scrubs beneath. Tara knew what she had come to say before she even opened her mouth and the tears began anew.

“I’m terribly sorry, Ms. Maclay…your…um…partner’s injuries were severe…”

The doctor’s explanation and heartfelt but otherwise empty words of condolence flowed right over Tara’s head as she collapsed into a sobbing mess. At the doctor’s further plea, she was barely able to mumble instructions for the hospital to call Audrey’s family in Australia…and Faith, whom she needed now more than ever. Tara waved the young doctor away; she could hardly fail to miss the relieved expression on the woman’s face as she headed back to the silent world of the dead and away from the grief of the living.

Tara could only think of her last conversation with Audrey, its tone and the connotations behind it. She knew she would bitterly regret her words for the rest of her life, even though they had been entirely justified in the face of Audrey’s confession. It was not the way she wanted their relationship to end…but now it had, and the thought crushed her. Time passed, and Tara remained sitting on the plastic chair. Somewhere beside her a child started screaming and a teenage couple argued loudly. She cared about neither.

“Tara…Tara Maclay…” a deep voice finally interrupted her thoughts almost half an hour later.

Tara glanced up and saw the faintly familiar face of a young man standing in front of her; she frowned for a moment as her memory failed her.

“Tara Maclay, right?” he continued. “David Brewer…we went to school together, you remember, Clarke’s Pacific History 101 tutorial?”

“Yeah, sure,” Tara muttered dumbly, trying to think of the most polite way to tell David to get lost. She could hardly think of a worse time to catch up with an acquaintance from her university days. However when she glanced up at David she saw that his eyes were red and his mouth was set into a tight line as though he was trying not to cry. “You know, I’ve been standing on the other side of the room watching you for the past fifteen minutes. I debated whether or not to come over…given our situation.”

Tara’s despair gave way to confusion. She frowned. “Our situation?”

“With Audrey,” he tried to clarify. At her blank look he continued and admitted in a quiet voice, “Tara, Audrey and I were seeing each other.”

Tara’s mouth worked soundlessly for a few moments as she struggled to process this abrupt and unexpected revelation. David continued to stare at her with his puppy dog eyes as though she should leap up from her seat and hug him. Instead she continued to sit in her seat, an undercurrent of anger now added to her despair.

“Can you please leave?” Tara asked determinedly, trying to keep her voice from breaking. She couldn’t stand the sight of him.

“I have a right to be here,” David replied. “Audrey’s family called me…”

I knew they hated me! “Like hell you do!” Tara was incensed enough by the gall of Audrey’s parents to finally stand up. She was completely unsympathetic to David’s obvious pain. All she wanted was for him to leave her alone to her own, authentic grief. “You’re a fling…you don’t get the right to grieve, and certainly not in my face!”

David’s shoulders slumped. “Audrey and I had been seeing each other for almost six months; she was going to move in with me…” He paused and sighed deeply before finishing, “I thought she told you…”

“Well she didn’t…and I don’t know what the hell you were thinking to tell me now, couldn’t you have waited for at least, I don’t know…forever?” Tara demanded. She placed a hand on David’s chest and gave him a solid shove backwards. With all her strength behind it, the shove was enough to send David crashing back into the row of chairs behind him.

Before Tara had time to feel horrified with what she had done, two orderlies were on her, holding her arms gently behind her back. This only served to rile her further and she longed to bury her fist, insignificant as it was, into his face. As she struggled against the orderlies, straining to get her hands on David once again, Tara heard a familiar voice calling her name in the distance. Tara turned to see Faith fighting her way through the waiting room, a concerned look on her face. With a sob, Tara wrenched away from the orderlies and straight into her friend’s welcoming arms.

Faith stroked her hair and deposited a gentle kiss on the top of her head as her body shook uncontrollably. “Tara…Tara, babe, it’s going to be okay, just calm down.”

“It’s not going to be okay,” Tara whispered in a broken voice as she collapsed against her best friend. “She’s dead…she’s dead and I never got to tell her how much she fucking hurt me!”

Last edited by Alcy on Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:03 am, edited 26 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (New 21st July)
PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:16 am 
3. Flaming O

Dibs... on an Alcy fic.... my life is complete!

A dark start, a good Faith, a naughty-mouthed Tara. What's not to like?

Looking forward to more.

Thanks for sharing
restlessminds

Last edited by restlessminds on Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

could u post more please.. :pray :pray
I'd like to know what's next :blush
RC :kgeek

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:39 am 
29. Miss Psycho-pep-squad

Oooh Alcy-fic-goodness :D Looking forward to it :)

When I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew. -Arrigo Boito

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:19 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Willow and Tara in Wellington? Hells yeah!

I can't believe I've been fedbacking on VR and have yet to say 'kia ora, I'm from Auckland, bro' (....not that I - or anyone - would actually say exactly that but you get the point) This totally reminded me of how faily I've been though and I've gotta say how excited I am to read a story set in NZ.

Setting aside though, I'm also just plain excited to read this. I absolutely love all of your other fics here on the board and this one has me hooked already. I can't wait to keep reading and see what you've got in store for the girls. Thank you for writing.........bro :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:55 am 
5. Willowhand

OO *bounces* an Alcy Fic AND a fic set in NZ! Fantastic!! My girl is a Kiwi and I'm an Aussie, and you have no idea how rediculously excited I got seeing "Woolworths". Excellent! I always get dragged to the Kiwi import shop by my girl to eat Pinkies and drink L&P. We're going to NZ in 18months and couldnt be more excited. I'll have to get her to read this one.
Annnnnyyyyywaaaaay, onto the actual story.

I'm loving this premise. It's so real. Tara's partner dying is tragic, and could be played out in only that manner, but instead you add so many levels to it by having her death occur right after an awful break up (over the phone? After 7 years together? Biatch.) and then have Tara find out that she was having an affair. With a man. Who obviously feels very superior because he's a man.

So many emotions to go with this. I can't wait to read on and see how Tara deals, and how Faith helps with that (PS I ALWAYS love your Faith, you write her brilliantly) and also as to how Willow comes into it.

I love that Tara is a writer, and hopes she gets to write some Les fiction soon. I'm intriuged by Bridgett, and wonder if more will become of her or if she'll stay a minor character.

Anyway this is fasting becoming a novel.

In short: love it! Can't wait to read more.

~Gabs x

A spirit is a special thing...it can never truly be broken, and never, ever be tamed. The most calmed spirits out there, hold a wild edge to them...for they are the very essence of a person, and every person is capeable of anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:52 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Interesting...I was reminded of the opening of the film version of The Rose Tattoo with the widow's friends physically barring the other woman from his funeral, and of other things like the old song "The Carroll County Accident" etc.

All I'll say about David and his sense of timing and choice of words is really, what else can you expect from someone involved in a cheating situation?

PAcific History sounds interesting; kind of a multi-faceted topic to cram into a survey course. And Woolworth's sells groceries in NZ? Wow, when they were still active here in the States (all they run over here now are Foot Locker shoe stores) they were just what nowadays would be called a "dollar store." Sometimes miss them.

Tara as a widow. It's, well, promising.

Sue: We don't talk about things like that right after, you know that, no saying those things in The Moment.
Kim: (moves the hand aside) Screw The Moment. I *love* you.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:44 am 
4. Extra Flamey

There's nothing like a little tragedy to kick things off. The flow of this chapter is very real, very visceral. I like how you show Tara as such a confident professional, despite the fact that she is clearly so out of touch with her own emotions.

Quote:
All the way from their carefree second year at university where they’d fucked like rabbits to now, a domesticated partnership consisting of polite conversation and the occasional snuggle in front of the TV.

She must have known, somewhere deep down, that this was present, that it was possible, no matter how much it would have hurt to see it coming.

Quote:
The words hit Tara like a ton of bricks, her tongue was tied for a good ten seconds before she could reply. However when the words finally came, they came in a torrent...

It's so easy to get angry, to feel backed into a corner by your own shock and vulnerability and stupidity. I've had that conversation. We all have. So how does Tara come to terms with things that will forever be unresolved? I, for one, vote for a little chocolate therapy.

http://citychickenfarm.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:19 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

omg omg omg! A brand spankin new Alcy fic!! This is so big enough to thoroughly delurk me :party I am however somewhat tired and falling over my shoes so I shall make my brief assessment... well brief:

Plot: awesome
Characters: awesome
Potential: awesome

okay, add all that together, multiply the first and last factors and divide the middle two by 6, carry the remainder from the little a to the big A and you geeeeet...

Quite the AWESOME start :D i like this kind of maths...

Uh anyway! Yes, a lovely start, I'm uber curious as to how exactly Tara and Willow shall meet and just how much of a troublesome courtship it shall be!

:peace

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:32 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Oh. I'm so excited and intrigued. I checked the computer before going to the gym this morning and was so excited to see this that I e-mailed it myself and read it at work. Another Alcy story! And what a start you've given us. I'm really curious about the reasoning behind this particular set of circumstances. It seems that it could create a very bitter or at least closed person in Tara - someone who doesn't open up or love or trust. And then there's the summary:

Quote:
As she struggles to get her life back on track she meets a girl, the type of girl she knows she ought to run away from and never look back…and yet she is inexplicably drawn to her.
Wow. So there's someone who seems like someone she should run from? More so than Audrey that is (one of my best friends's names)? I mean ... hard to imagine what will make Tara want to run from Willow.

Anyway, I enjoy the complexity you've put into Tara already. It's not only her relationship with Audrey. There's the fact that she's a late person, that she doesn't want to write what she writes, Faith as a friend, Anya as a hairdresser. It's all very ripe for expansion and I can't wait.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:22 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Topics: 4
Wow, when Alcy returns, she does so with a vengeance! So VRII is back in action plus we get a new fic (and one you've been working on for so long!) to boot? Hell yes!

This is dark and tragic and I cant wait to see how a certain redhead makes an appearance for hurt and angry Tara. It must be so refreshing to finally write/post something without any supernatural elements, it's been since what, 'Nightingale'? Writing about your home town/area must also be a pleasure, it comes out not just through the writing but also in the readers' comments, just look at the hoopla!

Can't wait for more

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Alcy,

Now that's a rough day. The opening chapter's interesting, and I'm curious to see how Willow fits into the story. Funny how often Faith and Tara are paired as friends in fics (in mine, too). I noticed a whole lot of issues with punctuation. I went through and proofread it; if you're interested in my edits, send a PM my way with an email address, and I'll send the file.

~ Megan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:29 am 
3. Flaming O

Wow, a spankin new Alcy fic! And I get to sit down and watch how it all plays out, from the beginning. My life is complete! That's an interesting beginning, very dark and very frustrating. First, you're late for a meeting and your editor controls your job. Then, you're practically dumped on the phone. Just a little while after that you're called and you find out you're overnight ex is potentially dead, and to top it all off, you find out your ex was cheating on you for 5 months, with a man, no less! It gets more interesting by the second! Never let it be said that you do things half-done. I was also wondering about the whole staying-away-from-Willow ordeal. I mean, we don't even know what type of person she is in this story. And, to tell you the truth it kind of made me a little upset that Tara was 'practically married' to someone who wasn't Willow. *pout* Anyways, I'll be sitting here waiting like a patient Kitty, well, as patient as I can get. I hope some of my mental questions are answered. ^^ Hope to see an update soon!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:40 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Poor Tara.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:10 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

restlessminds: Congrats on the Dibs. I love a good Faith, in fact, there has never been a bad Faith in one of my fics…and there probably never will be…
Glad you liked the start!

arsyadriani: I will definitely post more soon!

jay/wt4evr: Glad you’re looking forward to it!

Owl: Haha, gidday fellow Kiwi! I won’t call you a ‘Jafa’ aye! It’s nice to have a story set in familiar surroundings for once, I’m sure I will mention Auckland once or twice in this fic.
Thanks very much for reading all my other stuff and for taking the time to let me know! See ya round bro!

Gabs: Hiya Gabs, good on your gf for dragging you along to the Kiwi import shop – I didn’t even know that they had those in Aussie! Although seeing as I’ve never been to Aussie, I’m not surprised I don’t know. Still, Pinky bars and L & P are definitely gonna turn you into a honorary Kiwi.
Quote:
I'm loving this premise. It's so real. Tara's partner dying is tragic, and could be played out in only that manner, but instead you add so many levels to it by having her death occur right after an awful break up.

And that’s also just me bringing the angst! You know, I’m kinda mean like that.
This is going to be an emotional story, but I also hope to keep it real throughout. If it’s based in my home town, it’s going to be based on real life as much as possible. Yay, we do love Faith.

DaddyCatALSO: I haven’t seen that film, but the politics of funerals are so unfathomable. A close friend of mine passed away when I was 16, we had a very tight group of friends but her mother chose a girl we didn’t get along with, or particularly like very much, to give the eulogy simply because she felt like she was the type of person her daughter should have been friends with. That was 13 years ago and it still really makes me think today about why that happened and just how it upset the ‘real’ friends. I won’t delve too deeply into the funeral in the next chapter but I will attempt to explore some of what Tara faces.

Quote:
Pacific History sounds interesting; kind of a multi-faceted topic to cram into a survey course.

I have no idea how University papers are run in the US but there was a Pacific History paper available when I did my BA, ‘Pacific History’ in New Zealand basically means looking at our relationships with our Pacific neighbours over the past 150 years or so. So it’s not that multi-faceted. Bit confusing without explanation really!

Quote:
And Woolworth's sells groceries in NZ?

Again a Kiwi-ism. Completely different and unrelated to either the US or British name. Woolworth’s is the largest supermarket retailer in Australia and New Zealand. Known as ‘Woolies.’

taylorgirl6: And I love tragedy in all it’s glory. I think I should have taken a few less papers on Ancient Greek and Roman literature when I was at uni.
Quote:
I like how you show Tara as such a confident professional, despite the fact that she is clearly so out of touch with her own emotions.

Tara is a professional in the sense that she is loyal to her publisher but definitely, clearly is stuck somewhere she doesn’t want to be.
I don’t think that I would be the only one who could speak from personal experience for the situation in which Tara finds herself with Audrey…being more like ‘friends’ than partners. It’s still just as much of a shock when it ends though.
I think it will take a little more than chocolate to help Tara out in this situation…but it’s a good place to start!

BB: Hiya BB, thanks very much for de-lurking from your long absence to comment on my new fic. I’m exceptionally glad that you enjoy it, hopefully the potential can live up to your ‘awesome’ assessment!

Deb: Hiya Deb. You know, the germination of this fic began so long ago I have difficulty remembering where the particular set of circumstances came from. I think it has something to do with the fact that, here are two really broken people and they will either help mend each other or completely destroy each other. It’s a difficult challenge in terms of portraying the extent and depth of that emotion.

Quote:
... hard to imagine what will make Tara want to run from Willow

With each AU fic I write, I work really hard to adapt the characters that we all know so well to the situation at hand. In this case, we will find a very different Willow, very much the product of her circumstances. And you know I love complex characters…while these guys aren’t reincarnated or former vampires, they’re still just as tricky.

Zooey’s Bridge: I dunno about vengeance but with a great deal of enthusiasm probably. I do love this community and it’s so much fun to share. Dark and tragic, are without a doubt my favourite elements in a fic. You’re right in saying that I haven’t written a fic without any supernatural elements since ‘Nightingale'…although that was the only fic without supernatural elements I’ve ever written so that’s not saying too much!

And it's definitely nice to share a bit of my home town with y'all. If you want to know what it looks like, just do a Google image search for Wellington, nz. It's a purty wee city.

jasmydae: It is a rough day indeed for our poor heroine but I do find writing the rough days so much fun.

I’ve think I’ve reached the point where I no longer see Faith and Tara being paired as friends as anything out of the ordinary, especially given my well-known loathing of Buffy as a character (Hmmm, haven’t killed Buffy off for a while…I’m overdue).

Many thanks for your suggestions with the editing!

Star Catcher: Tara definitely had a crap day to start the fic off. This definitely takes the cake for the darkest ever beginning to an Alcy fic!

You’re right, we don’t know what kind of person Willow is yet (well you guys don’t, I do!) but you will meet her in the very next chapter.

Quote:
And, to tell you the truth it kind of made me a little upset that Tara was 'practically married' to someone who wasn't Willow.

Sorry about that! However it is realistic that people often find themselves in relationships where they know they’re not quite right for the other person and yet they can’t bring themselves to get out of it. We know Willow and Tara are meant to be together…but they just haven’t found each other yet.

An update will be coming along very soon indeed!

Taralover: Poor Tara indeed! This is gonna be an angsty fic.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:06 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

[center]~Chapter Two – From the Sphere of our Sorrow~[/center]

The months following Audrey’s death passed in a blur of disconnected memories for Tara.

It was Audrey’s funeral. Tara stood in the midst of her own friends and family, but she had never felt more alone. Even the weight of Faith’s arm, wrapped firmly around her shoulders, felt as though it was oppressive. On the opposite side of the church, Audrey’s family sat stiffly in their pews. She was forced to meet their accusing stares throughout the service, and then suffer their hollow condolences at the gathering following the funeral. Throughout the whole affair she felt as though people were talking about her behind her back. Just looking at the expressions on their faces was enough to hint at what they were thinking. She was the lesbian that corrupted their beloved daughter. If it wasn’t for her influence, Audrey would have been happily married with a family. Regardless of whether or not they thought such things, it drove Tara to distraction just imaging it. It was all she could do to get away from those people and go home. She wanted nothing more than to grieve alone…

Tara woke feeling as though something was choking her. However when she sat up in bed and flicked the lamp on, she found herself alone in the room. She turned and stared across at the empty expanse of bed next to her. Unable to bring herself to turn the light off, she lay back down with it still on. She stretched her arm out into the empty space next to her as though, if she stretched far enough, she would feel Audrey there lying next to her…

Tara lay wrapped in a blanket on the couch. She listened to Oprah’s familiar and reassuring voice drone from within the TV. “Wow, great to see you…great to see you both…so Mary, were there times when you just wanted to say I’ve had enough and give up?” Tara sighed and fumbled for the remote to turn the TV off. She couldn’t find it anywhere and simply gave up. Oprah continued to drag Mary’s life story out of her…

A piercing sound interrupted her nap. Tara jerked up to find that the phone was ringing. She let it ring until it switched over to the answering machine. The sound of Faith’s concerned voice reached her ears. “Hi girl, it’s me. I haven’t heard from you in a while, too long in fact. I’m really worried about you. Call me back and we could do coffee, or maybe even catch a movie. I bet you haven’t been out of the apartment, just sitting around all day watching Oprah. Anyway, I love you. Call me.” The phone clicked and Faith’s voice was gone. Tara rolled over and tried to go back to sleep…

~~~~~~

Thoroughly annoyed by Tara’s repeated refusals to see her, Faith had decided to take matters into her own hands. She waited outside the blonde’s apartment building until she saw someone mildly familiar and asked to tag along. It was just her luck that the one person she did happen to see was Pete, Tara’s rather creepy immediate next-door neighbour. The guy always seemed to talk directly at her breasts. Nevertheless, any route to Tara was one she had to take. After enduring Pete’s stares throughout the lift ride, she rapped loudly on the door to Tara’s apartment. Upon receiving no answer, she tried her luck with the handle. The door was unlocked and swung inwards with a slight creak. No light greeted her from within. The heavy curtains were drawn even though it was the middle of the afternoon and the winter sun was shining outside. She waited a minute for her eyes to adjust to the gloom. Eventually she spied the top of Tara’s head peeking over the back of the couch. With a small sigh, Faith invited herself in and crossed the polished wooden floors. She looked down to find Tara curled up with her arms wrapped around a pillow and a blanket drawn up to cover her legs.

Faith snatched the pillow away. “Tara Maclay, what the hell do you think you’re doing by ignoring your phone calls? I had to follow Pete into the building, and you know how creepy he is!”

“Sorry,” Tara mumbled. “Guess I haven’t felt like company. I just need a little time to myself.”

“It’s been over four months!”

“Is there supposed to be a prescribed time limit for grieving?” Tara fired back, pulling the blanket over her head so that her voice was muffled. “It’s been four months so now I have to pick myself up and get on with my life?”

Faith bit her lip. She hadn’t realised Tara’s wounds would still be so raw. She lowered herself down over the back of the sofa so she could draw Tara into a warm embrace. For a few moments she hugged her best friend silly, tightening her muscular forearms around her too-thin shoulders. When she straightened, she looked around the apartment. For the first time since she had entered, noticed how bare it was. It didn’t take her long however to realise exactly what was missing. Everything that had belonged to Audrey was gone.

“Where’s all her stuff?” Faith asked offhandedly. She deliberately avoided using Audrey’s name, and tried to keep her voice as casual as possible to mask the difficulties inherent in asking such a question.

Tara glanced around her living room. She suddenly frowned, as though only just realising it was all missing. After a few moments she shrugged, apparently unconcerned, as she replied, “The Kents came by a week after the funeral and picked it all up.”

“Those sanctimonious arseholes!” Faith growled at their complete lack of tact and anything approaching decency.

“Actually, it was rather a blessing, “Tara admitted. “It saved me sorting through everything. I mean really, how do you prise apart two lives that have been together for seven years?”

Having never been relationship that lasted seven months let alone seven years, Faith had no acceptable answer. She caught the note of bitterness in Tara’s voice and changed the subject. “You want a coffee?”

“Sure,” Tara whispered in reply. As she listened to Faith’s footsteps, she tried to remember the last time she had a coffee. Do I even drink coffee?

“My god, Tara. There’s nothing in your fridge except condiments and a bottle of milk that has developed its own ecosystem!” Faith exclaimed. She emerged from Tara’s fridge with a wrinkled nose.

Tara used the back of the sofa as leverage to pull herself up into a sitting position. She peered over to see Faith standing with her hands on her hips. Her friend was clearly disappointed at the lack of attention she had been paying to her own well being. It was true enough. Tara remembered eating a stale bagel the previous afternoon but, other than that, she could not remember anything that had passed her lips. She supposed she had to have been eating and drinking, otherwise she would obviously be dead. However, this was as far as rational thought went.

“You need to get out of the house and feel like a woman again instead of a zombie who sits in the dark all day and watches TV,” Faith said in a determined voice.

“I don’t watch TV all day,” Tara protested. She glanced down and realised the remote was lying in her lap.

“You don’t?” Faith arched an eyebrow. “Okay, what was Oprah talking about yesterday?”

“Husbands who love their dogs more than their wives,” Tara replied promptly.

Faith continued, “And the day before that?”

Tara barely had to think for a second before she answered, “Help, I’m too fat to see my feet.” No sooner had the words left her lips than she succeeded in realising just how sad her life currently was. She sighed and swung her legs over the side of the couch. As the blanket slipped off her lap she stared down at her dancing penguin pyjamas. Her feet were snugly enclosed in a pair of thick pink socks knitted by her nana. When she looked up Faith was standing in front of her holding a steaming cup.

Tara accepted it gratefully and sniffed the herbal tea. It was St John’s Wort, her favourite. However, just as she was getting used to enjoying having someone else in the apartment, Faith made a sudden announcement that gave her goosebumps.

“You and I should go out Saturday night. It would do you a world of good to, you know, actually see people!”

Tara coughed on a mouthful of tea so violently she had to set the mug down. “Faith, there is no way in hell I am going to be seen in public. My skin is awful, and I won’t be able to fit into anything in my wardrobe after doing nothing but lie on the couch for months. My arse is the size of a bus!”

“Puh-lease, T!” Faith snapped playfully. “You haven’t had a zit since you were sixteen, and your arse is almost fine enough to turn me gay!”

After emitting a small sigh, Tara found herself smiling at her best friend. She’d been so busy feeling sorry for herself these past months that she didn’t realise just how much she needed someone else in her life. Faith had a look of fierce determination on her face and she knew that, short of being struck down by illness, there was no way she was getting out of a Saturday night in town. A small part of her was almost beginning to enjoy the thought.

That was until she realised that Faith would want to dance. Tara couldn’t dance to save herself.

~~~~~~

Although it wasn’t exactly one of the world’s most well known nightspots, Courtney Place was nevertheless teeming with life on any given Saturday night. The footpaths thronged with scantily clad young women teetering along on their three-inch heels. They were preyed upon by guys drenched in cologne, with hair arranged with copious amounts of wax. Just about everyone was ordinarily drunk or well on his or her way to being drunk.

The night was still young and the hopeless drunks yet to come when two young people, a girl and a guy, joined an already long line outside one particular club. Above the door flashed a pink neon sign which clearly spelt out its name, Imerst. The young woman, a redhead with her hair done up in curls, turned to the guy at her side with a confused expression on her face.

“Xander, you hate Imerst!” She lifted her gaze to the sign above the door. “I heard you say quote ‘it’s full of queens and dykes’ unquote.”

“True,” Xander Harris replied with a succinct nod. His perfectly arranged hair did not move a whisker with the movement. “I did say that.”

“It’s a gay bar!” his friend announced loudly, causing several other patrons to lift their eyebrows at the unexpected exclamation. “You don’t do gay bars!”

“You know my rule too well, Will.” He grinned and reached out to ruffle her hair.

Willow Rosenberg danced away from her best friend’s annoying fingers before he could ruin her carefully arrange coiffure. “Yeah, yeah, straight guys only.”

“Don’t knock it. It’s ten times more fun than your no straight girls policy,” Xander retorted. He squeezed her arm gently. “I’m only doing this for you…who’s the bestest friend in the whole, wide world?”

“You are,” Willow replied, reaching up on her tip-toes to receive a kiss on her cheek. She stepped back with a wide grin. “Just count your lucky stars I’m not straight though or I’d be stealing all of your man candy!”

“Also true. Although it would be interesting to see which one of us has the most pulling power,” Xander suggested thoughtfully as the line moved forward a few paces.

Willow immediately let out a mocking snort. “C’mon, you’re so gay the only thing you could do to a girl is criticise her sense of style!”

“Do I have a sign on my arse?” Xander grinned, turning to inspect his leather clad rear, hardly bothered by Willow’s assessment of his sexuality. He was well and truly out and proud.

Willow laughed. “Practically! Speaking of arses, we’ve been standing a few meters back from the most gorgeous arse I’ve seen all year and your gayness has been made blatantly obviously by the fact that every other person in this line is staring but you.”

“Trust you to find the talent before we’ve even set foot in the fucking club, Will,” Xander commented as he gave his best friend a playful punch on the arm. “Point me in the direction of the aforementioned arse!”

“Blonde…leather pants...need I say more?”

Willow sighed lustily as she blatantly pointed out a young woman wearing a pair of black leather pants that clung to every slight curve of her lithe buttocks and legs. She wore a thin, blue singlet that exposed generous amounts of her pale skin. Willow’s fingers twitched almost involuntarily as she imagined whether the skin was really as silky smooth as it looked.

When the blonde and her friend disappeared inside Imerst, Willow was surprised to feel a palpable sense of loss. It was all she could do to resist jumping the queue in order to be able to get up, close and personal with her just a little bit sooner.

~~~~~~

“I really don’t think I should.” Tara shook her head stubbornly as Faith pressed a generously sized cocktail into her hand.

“It’s a kamikaze,” Faith explained. She took an enthusiastic sip of her own green-coloured concoction.

“That really doesn’t sound safe.” Tara sipped the sour drink and made a face as it burned her throat.

Faith was already scanning the floor with a small smile on her face as her eyes drifted over the sweaty, half-naked bodies gyrating to the fast beat.

“This is ridiculous,” Tara said. She ran a hand awkwardly over the leather that clung to her thighs. “How on earth did I let you talk me into wearing these, or even coming here for that matter?”

“You look gorgeous, Tara. Although I wouldn’t advise having to go to the bathroom any time soon…unless you have someone to help get back into them.” Faith looked at Tara with a glint in her eyes. “Or unless you have someone to help you get out of them.”

Tara flushed bright red and took another sip of her drink even as Faith knocked back what remained of hers in one long gulp. She couldn’t help but feel guilty that she was even here to start with. It had been barely four months since Audrey had been killed. Although her girlfriend had turned out to be a cheating skank, she was still dead and deserved a decent amount of respect.

“Damn, that is one fine lookin’ piece of meat!” Faith’s low, enthusiastic growl interrupted Tara’s worried thoughts. “Gay though…pity. Girl next to him is pretty cute. Don’t you agree, T?”

“Hmm?” Tara murmured in an effort to be enthusiastic. She made a half-hearted attempt to peer through the crowd in the general direction of Faith’s nod.

“Redhead, wearing the belt that wishes it was a skirt,” Faith elaborated.

Tara finally found the objects of Faith’s attention. A good looking young guy who was just as obviously gay as Faith had thought and a slight, young redhead who was indeed wearing a skirt that barely covered the tops of her thighs. She was also wearing a top that seemed to defy gravity in staying up. The redhead was undoubtedly hot. In fact, Tara felt a slight thrill in just looking at her, a thrill that was normally reserved for the Angelina Jolie poster she kept hidden in her wardrobe. Too hot to be interested in little old you, Tara, she thought to herself with a sigh of regret. Even if I was looking to pick someone up…which I most certainly am not

“C’mon T. We’re wasting the night standing on the sideline!” Faith grabbed her hand in an attempt to pull her towards the dance floor.

“No way!” Tara protested. “I’m going to need at least one more drink before I let you drag me out there!”

“Easily done.” Faith grinned, and before Tara could stop her she had flagged down the nearest bartender with a decisive wave of her arm.

Tara drained the rest of her cocktail in one deep gulp that left her gasping slightly. She then tried to find the petite redhead again but she and her friend had moved. By the time Faith handed her another drink, she’d still not managed to find her. Perhaps they’ve left already, she thought, unsure whether to feel relieved or disappointed. It was hardly surprising, even Tara had to admit the talent at Imerst was uncharacteristically disappointing for a Saturday night. She downed the drink quickly to fortify herself for the humiliation to come. She then let Faith lead her out onto the dance floor. Her friend expertly pushed her way through the tightly packed throng. It was as though the crowd were parting for her and she loved every second of it. Faith chose on a spot near the DJ and settled into a rhythm all of her own. Her hips gyrated wildly in an invitation for those watching to look and touch if they dared. Every lesbian on the floor wanted her and the guys wondered if they were in danger of turning straight.

Standing within Faith’s immediate vicinity, Tara felt like the frumpy hanger on. Her limbs felt as though they were made of lead, even as she gamely tried to find her own rhythm somewhere. Sadly lacking in both talent and enthusiasm Tara just stood and moved from one foot to the other, looking as though she wished she were somewhere else.

In the midst of enjoying the appreciative whistles and catcalls that were being thrown her way, Faith glanced up to see Tara standing like a lump. As she let out a sigh of exasperation she caught sight of the redhead she had seen earlier standing with a clear view of Tara. She also caught the all too obvious expression in her eyes. She smirked and then looked back to Tara who was still dancing as though she was in traction. There was no way her friend was going to hold the redhead’s attention unless she did something about it. Without warning Tara, Faith laid her hand gently on her waist and drew her in close to her gyrating body.

“Whoa! Am I missing something?” Tara hissed in an alarmed voice as Faith continued to draw her in until they were grinding against one another, pelvis to pelvis. She saw the mischievous gleam in Faith’s eyes. “Have you suddenly decided to change teams?”

Faith grinned. “If I did, you’d be in trouble!” She glanced up to see the redhead looking on with interest. “But no, I’m just helping you attract a little attention!”

“I don’t want to attract any attention!” Tara spluttered. She was beginning to feel unnerved at the sensations stirring in her gut. She breathed a discreet sigh of relief when Faith stepped away and the disturbing contact ceased.

“I’m going to the bathroom,” Faith announced. “You’ll be okay by yourself for a few minutes?”

“No!” she protested with horror. She desperately tried to hold onto Faith before she could move away and leave her standing alone.

Faith merely winked over her shoulder as she moved off into the crowd. She left Tara standing, well and truly alone, in the middle of the dance floor. In an effort to at least have something in her hands, Tara snatched a shot glass from a passing tray and downed it in one swift gulp. When that too was finished she found she no longer minded dancing alone. In fact, she realised she wasn’t quite as bad at dancing as she had first thought.

Tara closed her eyes as she swayed in time with the beat, enjoying the feel of leather beneath her hands as she touched her thighs. Everything outside of the club, or even outside of the dance floor, mattered no longer.

She was unaware of everything save the rhythm of the music. That was until she felt a pair of hands slide around her waist and draw her gently backwards. Tara felt a firm pair of tits snug against her back. One hand drifted lower until it was resting below the top of her leather pants. Faith was definitely getting a little too close for comfort.

“Um, Faith…”

She was interrupted by a soft, sensual voice whispering in her ear, “Faith’s gone…you’re all mine now.”

Last edited by Alcy on Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 25th July)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

Dibs'ed! :D Hmm, granted, not as dark as the first chapter, but to me it has an under-lying sense of grieving. How exactly do you watch Oprah for 4 months straight? I've got to try that out some time (even though I've never seen Oprah). I like Faith. I really like Faith, and I hope she does alot of arse-kicking. Xander being gay. Now that made me laugh! I have to say, I think in most of your fics, the first thing Willow notices about Tara, is her butt. You know, I've never pegged Faith as a straight girl. I really hope the person behind Tara is some other weirdo and not Willow. The first thing Tara should feel with Willow is comfortablility, not un-comfortablilty. And it would be nice to see Willow be a hero and pry the creep away from Tara, or I can see my wish of Faith's arse-kicking ^^. I loved the update, I also hope to see one soon! :D

Last edited by Star Catcher on Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:53 am 
12. Recently Gay

Awesome fic Alcy! I'm loving the sexyness of Willow!
And making Xander gay? Very cool.

XX Rachel XX

Wishing Peace, light and love to everyone.
Tara: 'Can we just skip it? Can, can you just be kissing me now?'
Tara: 'I am you know' Willow: 'What?' Tara 'yours'

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:16 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent story so far... I really hope that it's Willow who's hugging Tara... I truly hope that Willow see's that Tara is still a emotional wreck and doesn't push too hard...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:37 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Very good update. I like the way you've described the depression and way that Tara has let herself totally lapse into a black hole. You don't spend too much time on it but you let it be very prominent for the reader. It's easy to see that she's totally wallowing in it.
Quote:
“Is there supposed to be a prescribed time limit for grieving?” Tara fired back, pulling the blanket over her head so that her voice was muffled. “It’s been four months so now I have to pick myself up and get on with my life?”
Well, actually many religious cultures (including Taoism and Judaism) have just such proscriptions. In Judaism, mourning has a very specific set of laws and rules governing it. Depending on the degree of relationship you may have with the deceased, you might observe a certain level of mourning for 8 days, 31 days, or one year and one day. When people question me on it, I explain that the laws concerning mourning were created in a fully agrarian society. It was necessary that people bury their dead (preferably within 24 hours), mourn, and get back to work on their farms. There was no one else to do the planting or harvesting and no one could possibly care for someone else's farm for too long. The child or spouse of the deceased should say the Kiddush every day for a year and a day. It shows love for G-d, love for parent, and that the parent has raised one right. Then it is over. Then Kiddush is for the Yartzeit (anniversary of death) and Yom Kippur. Wow, more info than you wanted, huh?

Anyway. 2nd half: So you've switched up the norm that we see in a lot of fan fic. Faith is strictly straight and Xander's a flaming gay guy who only hooks up with Straight guys. Interesting. But whatever gets Willow into Tara's universe works for me. Nice that they're so attracted to each other just on instinct. I can't wait for the next part.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:50 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Sweet, update!

Poor Tara, she's really taking Audrey's death hard, huh? It's entirely understandable after all and I think you conveyed the whole 'ness' of her grief and emotional state perfectly. In saying that, I'm also very glad she has a Faith in her life to give her a proverbial kick in the ass (of the caring, concerned friend kind of course) and get her back out into the world one step at a time, the obvious starting point being Courtney Place :p I haven't been to Wellington since I was a kid so I can't really comment on the nightlife with any personal authority but I've heard a fair few stories (both of the wildly entertaining and downright scary kind) and this totally beats the pants off of the whole lot.

I'd probably exhaust and confuse myself trying to comment on all the stuff I loved about the whole club/Willow and Xander/dancing/Willow and Tara meeting-kindof thing so I won't. It was all wonderful though and I really can't wait till you update again, especially coz you kinda left us hanging there at the end (which the tiny part of me that doesn't regard fic the same way as a cat regards catnip actually found kinda cool and suspenseful-y)

Oh, good call on the Jafa thing btw. I don't really mind, I've spent a decent amount of time in the South Island and in doing so have pretty much come to terms with the fact that I am, and always will be a Jafa :D Thanks for the update

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:10 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Like the story so far. I hope that is Willow that is putting her arms around Tara. Looking forward to the next update.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:39 pm 
5. Willowhand

Intriguing...I am hooked!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:21 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wonderful. Alcy, welcome back. You are writing W/T again. And we are the lucky ones you share your stories with. And to the brillant VRII now comes another one which seems from the start very different but just as brillant.

Twisted plot. Must be a bad feeling, being with someone for 7 years and while being in grieve finding out your partner was cheating on you. I'm so glad I never discovered a partner's family like Tara had to endure. Wonder if we will get a few more glimpses of how they treated her during her relationship with their daughter.

Surely Faith and Tara fit. And I learned to accept Faith here on this board. Certainly in your stories. She is slightly different. Still I do not share the Buffy loathing. But I manage living with not so much Buffy in some fics. As long as W/T are the main point.

I do wonder who will be the moth and who will be the Star. They are both still the same and yet different from canon. Willow being the womanizer becomes her well. I do hope it's her replacing Faith.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:36 am 
5. Willowhand

Hey Alce, great update (as usual-I wish I had half your writing abilities!). I'm glad I'm now an honorary Kiwi, I can't wait to get over there and explore NZ.

You showed Tara's grief so well. Without being completely and utterly depressing (even throwing in amusing Oprah lines), you still manage to hit the nail on the head and show how deep Tara is in her grief. You do it so well-the description of the funeral was especially well done.

Quote:
who was still dancing as though she was in traction

Heehee to the above. Best description of bad dancing ever.

I love how they're attracted to each other straight off. And I LOVE gay Xander. Love it. Its fantastic. Did I mention I love it?
Faith is straight? *sigh* Shatter my dreams, girl. Did I see a mention of another Buffy death? *sits and waits*

I'm with you on the Buffy hating.

Great update, can't wait to see this 'bad girl' that Willow is (going by your summary...unless it's not Willow? Oh, I hope it is...bad Willow...yum).

Thanks!
~Gabs

A spirit is a special thing...it can never truly be broken, and never, ever be tamed. The most calmed spirits out there, hold a wild edge to them...for they are the very essence of a person, and every person is capeable of anything.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:32 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Star Catcher: Congrats on the dibs! I’m not sure how one can watch Oprah for 4 months straight but it’s a good illustration of the depths of Tara’s despair that she lies there watching talk shows and can’t be bothered changing the channel…cos I sure would!
I think this fic lacks the arse-kicking opportunities for Faith that are inherent my other fics. It’s funny that we don’t peg her as a straight girl, whereas in canon of course, Faith is straight. Not that I feel the need to adhere to canon!

Yours: Hey, buddy. Thanks very much. Yep, I love sexy Willow too!

zampsa1975: thanks very much! We’ll find out in the next chapter if it is Willow hugging Tara.

Deb: I didn’t want to wallow in the whole depression that Tara would be feeling, but I definitely wanted to adequately convey it. I’m pleased that came across alright. That was a little more info than I needed but interesting all the same!
Believe me, it almost hurts to write Faith as straight. No hot girl on girl action for her unfortunately. I’ll have to make up for it in VR II. I just wanted to change things up a bit, mostly for purely selfish reasons in terms of challenging myself as a writer.

Owl: Faith is definitely a good friend for Tara to have at this point. My comments on the nightlife are coming from personal authority, although thank goodness I have never been one of the scantily clad chicks throwing up in the gutters! Most of my wild partying days are behind me now!
Gotta have a wee bit of suspense at the end!
Well, if you are happy to acknowledge that you are a Jafa then good on ya! I’m originally from the Waikato before I moved to Wellington.

love 2003: Glad you’re enjoying it so far. As I mentioned to another Kitten above, stay tuned for the next chapter to find out if it is Willow!

fhiwda: Thanks for joining in!

sacinema: Many thanks, it is good to be back.
Tara’s back story is indeed sad…but it isn’t unrealistically sad. It feels very real which of course makes it more of a challenge to write.
You can feel free not to share in the Buffy dislike. I happen to know that many people enjoy the character of Buffy immensely. And W/T will always be the main point in my stories…with a healthy dose of Faith thrown in too.
Quote:
Willow being the womanizer becomes her well.

I agree! I wrote Willow as a womanizer in Rhyme and Reason, which was fun and while this one is a little different, it should be just as interesting to read.

Gabs: You’ve got plenty of your own writing abilities, mate!! But thanks anyway!
I didn’t want to overly dwell on the funeral, writing a whole chapter about a funeral would have been counter-productive. So it was good to be able to sum it up in a paragraph instead.

And yes, Faith is straight. Xander is gay (which is oh so much fun by the way!) and no, there will be no Buffy deaths because there will be no Buffy in this fic. I will think of a creative way to incorporate her into a future fic…and then kill her off. I dunno if I ‘hate’ Buffy per se, but she’s definitely not as fun as the others.
Quote:
Oh, I hope it is...bad Willow...yum

You know how much I love bad Willow!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:09 pm 
3. Flaming O

Oh I always love your writing, Alcy. They never dissapoint.. And this story definately does not either. I really like it and can't wait to see how Tara reacts to Willow....assuming of course that that was Willow...If not, can't wait to see how Willow will end up fitting into the story. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:49 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Anlorew: Hey, thanks very much for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far! Next chapter follows!

[center]~Chapter Three~ When soul meets soul on lovers lips[/center]

After sculling back the last of her Red Bull and vodka, Willow slammed the glass down on the counter. She could now turn her full attention to the dance floor and, in particular, the one woman she had been staring at from the corner of her eye for the past ten minutes. With her dark-haired friend having walked off in the direction of the bathroom, the stunning blonde was moving in a sensual dance of her own design. Her perfect arse swayed, slightly out of time with the throbbing music, and Willow’s mouth went dry. For several, heart-stopping moments, the blonde ran her hands down her abdomen and thighs. Willow desperately wanted those hands to be her own. She began to push her way through the bodies on the fringes of the dance floor with a purposeful determination.

Willow felt no hint of nervousness as she approached the blonde from behind. All she felt was the thrill of the chase, and possibly even a sense of entitlement. The blonde was hands down the hottest woman on Imerst’s dance floor, and therefore Willow wanted her.

Without hesitation, she reached up to lay her hand over the strip of pale skin at the blonde’s waist. Willow sensed a palpable tension radiating from her body in response to the unexpected contact, but she ignored it. With a decisive movement, Willow pulled the gorgeous body close to her own until her pelvis was pressed against the blonde’s buttocks. Feeling excitement coursing throughout her body, Willow slid both hands around the woman’s waist to maintain their closeness as she began to move her own hips. The skin beneath her fingers was every bit as soft as she had imagined. Her breath quickened in her throat, and she actually had to fight to still her racing heart before she became carried away. She allowed one hand to drift lower until it rested below the waistband of the blonde’s leather pants. Grinning devilishly, she hooked the tip of her thumb beneath the band.

“Um, Faith…”

The brunette no doubt, Willow mused. She hardly cared if this ‘Faith’ was the blonde’s girlfriend. It would be her loss for leaving such a beautiful creature alone on the dance floor.

The grin remained on Willow’s face as she whispered in her ear, “Faith’s gone…you’re all mine now.”

Startled at the strange voice, Tara spun suddenly. She immediately recognised the slim, redheaded girl that Faith had pointed out to her earlier. Their movement stopped and they were simply two young women staring at each other. The dancers around them jostled for space and there was nowhere for her to escape. She stared shyly off to one side, while she felt the burning intensity of the redhead’s green eyes directly on her face.

“I-I…saw you…b-before.” Tara tried to meet the girl’s gaze. It was just as intense as she imagined.

“I saw you too.” Willow smirked in reply. “The name’s Willow. And you are?”

“T-Tara…Tara Maclay.” A part of her suddenly wished she didn’t sound quite so terrified. She felt like a teenager compared to the confident, sensual woman in front of her.

“Tara,” Willow repeated. She said the name slowly, as though it were a caress. “You don’t need to stop dancing. Just continue as though I wasn’t here.”

How can I do that? Tara thought as she tried to keep her expression neutral and unconcerned. [/i]You're practically in my face![/i]

Willow found herself continually moving unconsciously to the beat. Her hips swayed with perfect rhythm. She silently willed the gorgeous blonde to stay here with her. However she was looking about nervously as though she wanted to make an escape. Gently, Willow reached out and placed both hands on her waist, the skin of her fingers tingling at the feel of the smooth skin beneath hers. She encouraged Tara to resume her movement with the gentle pressure of her fingers.

With some hesitation at first, Tara resumed the movement of her hips. She tried to keep her distance, obviously feeling awkward whenever she came into contact with the redhead’s body. However, she gradually succumbed to the intoxicating beat of the music, and the feel of a taut young body pressed up against her own. Willow teasingly snaked one hand further around her waist until it was resting lightly on her arse. She then drew her close until their bodies were once again inseparable. As she nestled her face close to the blonde’s own, she caught a whiff of intoxicating scent. It was no perfume in particular, but rather a combination of sweat and desire. It only served to fuel Willow’s fire.

“I don’t usually do this,” Tara whispered in the redhead’s ear. For some reason she felt compelled to explain herself.

“Do what?” Willow asked lazily. She drew in another deep breath.

“Dance. I’m a lousy dancer,” Tara replied quickly, with alcohol fuelling her honesty. “Two left feet.”

“Oh.” Willow appeared momentarily disappointed. “I thought you were going to say you don’t usually invite girls you’ve just met to accompany you to the bathroom.”

Tara’s eyes went wide and she immediately stopped dancing. “I don’t do that either!” she gasped in a horrified voice.

Willow lent in close and whispered saucily in her ear, “There’s a first time for everything.” Willow grinned at the adorable manner in which Tara’s eyes went wide as a result of her indignation. For a moment it appeared as though she wanted to bolt in panic, however Willow had other ideas. Her hold on the blonde was gentle and yet firm. “Just let yourself go a little…” Willow whispered. Her lips were directly next to her neck as she spoke.

Tara sighed as Willow’s breath fell on her skin. She felt the prickly thrill of goosebumps in the wake of her hot, sensual breath and realised that she could not extricate herself from the embrace even if she wanted to. Her body had moulded to Willow’s as though it belonged there. It was all too easy for Tara to loose herself to the insistent, pulsing beat of the music, and in turn, to Willow’s embrace. In the fog of music and pleasure, she was finally able to forget the awful nightmare of her grief. The pounding of blood in her head drowned out whatever warning signals her brain was still capable of emitting.

With Willow’s hands resting at the small of her back, Tara moved her own to encircle her neck, thrilled by her own boldness. Their arms kept their bodies together, breast to breast, pelvis to pelvis, locked in a pumping rhythm that set them both on fire. As the dance drew on, Tara found it increasingly difficult to keep her hands off the redhead’s body. Her fingers traced Willow’s face, the skin of her neck and arm, and the silken expanse of thigh beneath the hem of her skirt. Oh my god, Tara thought as she realised one of her hands was practically on the other girl’s arse in the middle of a crowded dance floor. There are a million reasons why I shouldn’t be doing this…but she’s so fucking hot. Tara soon found that she was incapable of thinking about anything save the fact that Willow was ‘so fucking hot.’ All she wanted to do was explore the areas of Willow’s body not covered with clothing. Although she wore practically nothing, imagining what the clothing concealed was driving Tara to the point of distraction and beyond.

“I-I…” Tara began, trying desperately to put her thoughts into words in the same effortlessly sensual manner as Willow. Instead she felt awkward and confused. “I n-need…”

This time Willow didn’t use words; she merely began steering Tara from the dance floor with the pressure of her body. They had to break apart to squeeze through the tangled crowd of bodies but Willow kept her fingers wrapped around Tara’s. The one point of contact was more than enough to fuel the heat between them.

The bathroom was crowded and several people waiting in line, but Willow pushed in front of all of them. She led Tara into the next available stall. The vocal protests were ignored as she slammed the door shut behind them. The whole stall shook when she threw Tara back against the wall. She paused and stared at the blonde for a second, caressing her chin with the tips of her fingers. Willow was thoroughly turned on by the thin sheen of sweat covering the girl’s body, and the way in which her lips were parted in wanton anticipation. She grinned and, keeping her hold on Tara’s chin, moved forward to claim her lips in a soft, exploratory kiss.

With one taste of Willow's lips, Tara felt herself grow faint. They were moist, sweet and like nothing she had ever tasted before. Hungrily, she searched and found the rest of those lips, claiming them with a sigh. She caressed Willow’s mouth with her own. She closed her eyes. Still the contact was soft and hesitant on both their parts. As she tried to intensify the kiss she was surprised to find the redhead break contact slightly.

“I don’t want to take advantage of you,” Willow whispered.

Everything about her told Tara otherwise, the way her hot breath fell fast and furious on her throat. The way her body undulated against her own, pelvis to pelvis, stomach to stomach, breast to breast. Tara felt the intense, urgent friction between their bodies. The thin layers of clothing that separated their skin may as well have been non-existent, Tara could feel her hard nipples graze her own and an inadvertent gasp escaped her lips.

“You’re lying,” Tara whispered as she twisted her neck in search of Willow’s lips. She needed that contact back.

She found them by following the heat of Willow’s breath, and immediately claimed them with a fierce kiss of her own. In a move that would have normally surprised her, she thrust Willow back against the stall door with a strength she did not know she possessed. She then pulled back and stared straight into the smouldering green eyes just inches from her own.

Willow hardly looked like someone who had just been sprung. She titled her head to one side and smirked broadly with a confidence that few could possess. “If I tell you I’m lying will you still come home with me?”

Tara knew Willow’s confidence was bordered on arrogance, and a large part of her contemplated turning her down flat. However, the almost unbearable heat between her thighs meant that this decision was already made for her. She buried her face in Willow’s chest and murmured an almost indecipherable ‘yes’ that she could barely hear over their combined breathing.

Willow laughed lightly. “I was lying…I do want to take advantage of you.”

Tara lifted her head. She felt emboldened by alcohol and the fact that the girl was just too damn hot to turn down. “Then what are you waiting for? Take advantage of me.”

The taxi ride from the club to Willow’s apartment building was short. It passed in a blur of flashing lights and frenzied kisses in the back seat. A twenty-dollar note was tossed in the driver’s direction as the two girls stumbled out of the cab. With Willow supporting her with a firm arm, Tara glanced upwards at the impressive apartment building that towered above her. That was the first and only impression she had of her surroundings before Willow pushed her through the doors. There was also a lobby, a lift ride and then keys to find, but Tara remembered little of any of it. The next clear moment in her mind was the one when Willow slammed her up against the closest available wall inside her apartment.

Tara felt Willow’s fingers digging into her flesh through the layers of clothing she wore, insubstantial as they were. Her grip surprised Tara with its ferocity and insistence. It was as though she had prepared herself for the probability of Tara trying to pull away from the embrace at the last moment. It would have been the sensible option of course. Especially given the fact that she had barely known the redhead for an hour, and she was still grieving for Audrey. However, as Willow moved the last few inches forward to claim her lips in a kiss equally intense as her embrace, any thoughts regarding good sense were indiscriminately banished to a distant corner of her brain. Her knees went weak at that point and she would have keeled over if not for the strong arms embracing her. She lost herself in the kiss. Willow’s breath fused heatedly with her own as their bodies moved urgently against one another. Once again, they became almost indistinguishable as two separate entities.

Without breaking the kiss, which had by now deepened into an even more intimate exploration, Willow withdrew both her arms from where they had been sandwiched between Tara’s back and the wall. Her fingers went to the band of Tara’s top and crept upwards to expose more of her smooth, warm skin. With firm fingers, she explored her stomach and hips. The pads of her fingers seemed impossibly sensitive with such a surface beneath them.

Urgently, she tugged the flimsy top up further until it was above Tara’s breasts. She then reached around and undid the clasp on her bra in one swift movement. The garment fell away to expose Tara’s tits. While she held Tara’s hips securely with her left hand, she used the other to begin caressing the soft flesh. Tara broke their kiss just long enough to emit a strangled cry as Willow’s fingers found her nipple and teased it mercilessly. She then shifted her attention to the other breast until that nipple also blossomed beneath her touch.

Willow wanted more of the blonde. The removal of hand from breast met with a brief, angry growl of protest. It ended quickly when Tara realised Willow only had the intention of dragging her top off completely. Willow felt for its hem, and dragged it roughly upwards. Tara’s arms were entangled for a few frustrating moments. The top was finally torn free with a slight grunt of exertion.

The redhead hungrily devoured first one breast, and then the other. If she had looked above her, she would have seen the tilt of Tara’s chin above her as her head was thrown back, pressed against the wall behind her. Still lavishing attention on Tara’s breasts, Willow’s hands went to the buttons of Tara’s leather pants and tore them apart hastily. With both hands hooked into the waistband, she forced both the pants and underwear downwards. Eventually she had to break contact with Tara’s breasts in order to continue removing the clothing nuisance. The tight leather took some force on Willow’s part.

At the back of Tara’s mind, she remembered Faith saying something about having someone to help her get out of the pants. Any feelings of shame were quickly tossed aside as she watched Willow stand in order to strip her own clothing from her body. Her disrobing took less than half a minute. The flimsy top and belt-like skirt were both tossed aside. Tara let out an involuntary gasp when the bra and panties followed in swift succession. She barely had time to drink in the sight of the redhead’s naked body before she moved forward once again.

Willow shivered with excitement as she pressed her bare skin against Tara’s for the first time. She savoured the exquisite sensation for just a moment before being reminded by her own urges that she did not have the patience to take things slowly. She searched Tara’s eyes, seeking to reassure herself that they both wanted what was about to happen.

Although feeling more than a little drunk, Tara clearly understood the question implicit in the redhead’s gaze. Her answer was to grab the back of Willow’s neck with one hand and pull her close for another fierce kiss. As their lips locked, Willow kept one hand firmly around Tara’s hips while the other moved lingeringly across her thigh and eventually to gently cup her sex.

Tara responded to Willow’s rather gentle touch with an urgent and insistence thrusting of her hips. Her physical impatience told Willow that she could move faster. A grunt of surprise escaped Willow’s lips as she slipped one finger between Tara’s folds to find her already soaking wet. In response, she felt the rising damp between her own legs.

Willow moved one hand to kneed Tara’s arse. At the feel of the silky flesh move beneath the palm of her hand a thrill enveloped her entire body. Her other hand moved against Tara’s wet sex. She didn’t pay any particular attention to any one spot until suddenly, she broke their kiss to clamp down savagely on her ear. Her finger brushed ever so lightly against Tara’s engorged clit. The blonde’s entire body jerked in an uncontrolled motion. In response, Willow thrust her own body against Tara’s. She shoved her forcefully back against the wall. Her fingers then raked the tiny organ in rapid pulses, lavishing attention on that one, tender spot. Tara’s hips bucked enthusiastically in response. Her mound moved against the palm of Willow’s hand.

Following another bruising kiss, Willow buried her face in the blonde’s neck, and attacked the soft skin she found there. Tara‘s head was twisted so that her mouth was pressed against her ear. The laboured pants blocked out all other sound. However, it was music to her ears to hear Tara’s need expressed so primitively. No words, only sounds. The breathing was punctured by small grunts and gasps as Willow moved against her. She knew her touch driving Tara onwards to the point of insanity.

Suddenly, but with a measured tenderness, Willow slipped two fingers past Tara’s clit and thrust them upwards into her cunt. Tara was wet and more than ready for her entry. She cried out with the new movement and bucked her hips forward to urge Willow as deeply within her as possible. Willow followed the first thrust with an ever increasing number, each firmer than the first as Tara urged her on with the movement of her hips.

As Willow moved within her, Tara stared the ceiling above their heads. It was only when her vision blurred, that she realised she was crying. Her cheeks were damp with tears even as she felt the release gaining momentum in her gut, and between her legs.

The straining gradually grew until it encompassed her entire body, right to the tips of her fingers which were by now digging into Willow’s back. Suddenly Willow heaved her right leg upwards and off the floor. Tara obligingly hooked it behind Willow’s back and her left followed. With both legs encircling the redhead’s waist, she was held up only by her hand beneath her arse and the weight of her body pressing her back against the wall. Her mind was racing, her sense reeling at the new pressures the position offered.

Willow knew that Tara was not capable of appreciating the almost inhuman amount of energy she was expending to maintain the position but she couldn’t care less. As she grunted in anguish and her heart threatened to burst from her chest she could care about nothing except the woman in her arms and bringing her to release. After all, it was what she did best.

She was, however, on the verge of unceremoniously dropping Tara, when the blonde suddenly arched her back against the wall behind her. Her nails dug fiercely into Willow’s back, and threatened to pierce the skin. Willow suddenly felt a surge of wetness pool in the palm of her hand and run down her forearm. Tara’s increasingly urgent cries were music to her ears, inciting her to thrust as hard and fast as she could for a last few seconds. Her efforts were rewarded moments later she felt the tender and engorged flesh of Tara’s sex spasm uncontrollably as she climaxed. Willow thrust her fingers deep for a few last, firm strokes, revelling in the feeling of Tara’s throbbing sex contracting around her fingers.

With the blonde girl’s cries subsiding, Willow’s knees finally gave way beneath her. Her feet slipped backwards on the floorboards beneath them and she sank to her knees. She brought Tara down with her in a decidedly uncoordinated heap of sweaty limbs and pieces of clothing. They held each other in trembling arms for a few moments before Willow disengaged herself enough to pull back and lift Tara’s chin with gentle fingertips. As she stared into the foggy blue gaze, she felt a sharp pang of emotion surge through her body. Despite the fact that she had looked into the eyes of countless drunken women in the midst of too many one night stands to count, she couldn’t imagine forgetting the colour of Tara’s eyes. It was almost as though she wanted to hold on to her for as long as possible. Willow lifted a shaking hand to brush a matted, sweaty strand of hair from Tara’s eyes and felt a thrill at just that simple touch. For someone who avoided relationships like the plague, such thoughts were terrifying indeed.

“Oh…my…god,” was the full extent of conversation that Tara could manage in the wake of such a frenzied and gravity defying bout of fucking. Even when her relationship with Audrey had been new and exciting, there had never been such an explosion of passion.

“My thoughts exactly,” Willow agreed with a grin. Her momentary surge of emotion was thankfully interrupted, and she turned her attention to disentangling her sweaty limbs from Tara’s. However, as she reached out to help the blonde to her feet, the uncharacteristic thoughts returned. She dismissed them as being the result of a lack of sleep and far too much alcohol. They would no doubt be gone by morning.

Tara wasn’t sure how she and Willow made it to the bed that night, especially not with the way her legs felt like jelly beneath her. However somehow they did make it. Tara’s last memory that night was of her head hitting the soft pillow and the warm weight of Willow’s naked body pressed against her flank. For the first time in months, her sleep was nightmare free.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:50 pm 
3. Flaming O

DIBS! DIBS! My second dibs. ^^ Wow. The-wa-hu-gaaaaaaaaah. That was so frustratingly sexual! At least we have our, um, :wtkiss. Anyway...... God, can Tara stop thinking about that damned Audrey?! That girl was no better than a lying, stinking wench! In fact, she was worse! Not nice of Faith to just leave Tara like that, but on the other hand..........very nice. You know, I don't really mind drunk Tara. ^^ Bad me. Willow's a one-night-stander, eh? That should be interesting. So should we be getting ready for the awkward morning after? This story is kind of reminding me of Computers, Conferences, and Kisses, although this looks alot more angstier. I really hope you update soon! :D

"And I'm gonna Amen you all over again, 'cause I can't draw for shit!" - Laragh

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 31st July)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:57 pm 
3. Flaming O

Wow. That was...wow. :applause That was great. Willow's so...forward! This is a side of her I haven't really read in a lot of stories, and I like it! I'm a bit worried about how her one-night-stand philosophies will conflict with her and Tara falling in love or something along those lines. But hey, what's a great story without a little angst? ;) I look forward to reading more, Alcy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next