The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
 Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 6 Dec '10)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 6:47 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

:clap You're writing is fucking brillant. And I do feel a bit honoured, even when I know, it wasn't just for me how this chapter ended. Just a few lines
Quote:
“Is this make up sex?” Tara asked as Willow wrenched her pyjama top over her head.

Willow managed to pull the top off, although she also made Tara’s hair into a style approximating a bird’s nest. Laughing, she smoothed the offending strands down with her hands and cupped Tara’s head. “We had nothing to make up for. This is sex – good, old-fashioned, hot, lesbian-type fucking.”

Can there be a more brillant way to throw some sex into the scene but not making it all about the make up but also about getting closer together? Thanks. I am deeply devoted to your writing.

And yes, Tara, you were a bitch. But such a cut and wonderful bitch. No wonder Willow is so into you.

Thanks Alcy, you didn't leave much words to express my feelings right now.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:56 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
So...I just read this fic from the start to the end of this last update and WOW! What a great story:)

I was a little worried that Willow would do something completely self destructive after Tara dumped her and left so abruptly. I was glad to see that she didn't. Yes, Tara was bitchy but...she was pretty drunk and people have been known to do dumb stuff in that particular state. So relieved that she sobered up, came to her senses and went to Willow. It shows how far they've come and that she is so much more trusting of Willow.

On a side note...I'm now heading over to Jasmydae's site to read ALL of your previous fics :peace

Eagerly awaiting the next update!

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:25 am 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Yay for an update. I hope things are going well for you now. I'm glad that Tara got up and went over and explained things to Willow. Willow certainly took it about as well as she could. Very nice resolution.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Thanks for the update!!! I love it!!!! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:08 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

I too am super-relieved to see how well the talk between Willow and Tara went. And, of course, the "smokin' hot" lesbian lovin' is always fun! Update soon!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:34 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Hooray for update!

Hooray for unofficial official make up sex! When you have lines likes these
Quote:
“We had nothing to make up for. This is sex – good, old-fashioned, hot, lesbian-type fucking.”

and

“Although you may need to have your couch professionally cleaned.”

who cares what you call it?

Tara finally got it out about Audrey, and frankly I kinda agree with Willow, that that horses ass was lucky all he got was shoved. Seems like he was trying to provoke Tara anyway; an ass is an ass - alcohol generally makes it worse.

Can we look forward to another update soon?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:45 pm 
3. Flaming O

Really liked the last 2 updates, i always enjoy Buffy and Faith together.
So she shoved him... he's lucky that's all that happend. Glad Tara and Willow worked everything out.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:45 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
[center]~ Chapter 23 ~
Familiar acts are beautiful through love
[/center]

The only sound Tara had been listening to for most of the day was the steady tapping of her fingers on the keyboard of her laptop. Occasionally, when she got up to make a cup of coffee or something to eat, she paused long enough to hear the similar, equally satisfactory noise of the rain pattering against the windows of her apartment. As night fell, neither she nor the rain showed any signs of stopping. All she did was pick up her laptop and carry it to bed.

It was only when her fingers began to protest by cramping slightly, she realised she ought to call it quits – for the day at least. Despite the time having been constant in the corner of her screen all day, she had barely paid it any attention. However, when she saw it was after 9pm, she began to wonder when Willow would be home from work. It was late, but it was also the end of the Financial Year for RB Dynamics and Willow was being rushed off her feet as she struggled to accept new responsibilities within the company. Several nights had actually passed when they didn’t see each other at all, and on others, Willow turned up late into the evening. Tara sighed, it was hardly necessary. The redhead was brilliant. What she lacked in natural leadership ability, she made up for with a clearly defined sense of organisation and clever problem solving.

The slight pause while thinking about her beautiful girlfriend, gave Tara’s fingers enough time recover. She had returned to typing with renewed vigour when she heard the front door open and the unmistakable sound of Willow’s heels. A few moments later, and she walked into the bedroom. Tara glanced up to see Willow looking slightly worse for wear. Her hair, that had been so elegant that morning, was plastered to her head. While she had obviously been wearing a coat to keep most of her suit dry her trousers below the knee looked completely soaked through.

Willow kicked off her heels and padded across the floor. Tara tilted her face up for a light kiss. “Did you walk home?”

“Of course not,” Willow ran a few fingers through Tara’s hair. She then started undressing, relieved to finally strip her wet trousers off as they had been clinging uncomfortably to her legs. “This was just going from the office to the taxi, and then from the taxi to your building. It is seriously nasty outside.”

“The joys of working from home.” Tara rapidly tapped out several more words.

“I don’t suppose you managed to go out and get some milk?” Willow asked as she peeled her shirt off. Once free of her shirt, Willow looked back to Tara and gauged the answer to her question from the fact that she had stopped typing and was looking at her with a rather sheepish expression. “Which is why I bought some.”

“Thanks, sweetie,” Tara mumbled and ducked back down to her writing.

When she looked up again a few moments later, a naked Willow crossed the floor in the direction of the bathroom. Her fingers froze above the keys as she stared at the far more fascinating sight of her girlfriend’s perfect arse.

“Will,” Tara called just as Willow was about to shut the door behind her.

Willow paused and peaked back around the door. “Yeah?”

“Don’t bother getting dressed when you’re done,” Tara instructed.

Willow grinned. “Yes, ma’am.”

However, when Willow emerged after a hasty shower she was disappointed to find Tara still writing just as madly as she had before. She had been hoping that she would be lying naked on the bed in wait for her. Instead, she cast a cursory glance in her direction and held up a finger to indicate that she needed one more minute.

With an intentionally audible sigh, Willow flopped onto the empty side of the bed. She deliberately stayed above the covers and lay on her side with all her best assets laid bare for Tara. Confident of her own sex appeal, Willow merely lay on the bed, watching her girlfriend type. Several more minutes passed than the one Tara had first indicated. Despite Willow’s attempts at stretching in a teasing manner and running a feather light touch down Tara’s wrist, there was no pause in typing save for a brief one to swat at her annoying fingers.

Ten minutes later, with her skin quite chilled by the cold night air, Willow dragged her pyjamas out from beneath the pillows. She made several disgruntled noises while getting dressed and eventually earned a response.

“How about you make us both a cup of tea?”

“You want a cup of tea?” Willow repeated in a bland voice. She forced herself to swallow her annoyance and continued with forced enthusiasm, ‘Sure, baby.”

Willow managed to turn around her disgruntled attitude while making the tea. Tara was doing something she loved, and no doubt doing it amazingly. Willow felt additionally bad after reminding herself that just a few days earlier, Tara had given up an entire evening to attend the RB Dynamics dinner. Not once had the blonde complained, even though some of the speeches had been on the dry side. When she returned with two steaming cups of chamomile tea, she placed a kiss on the top of Tara’s head.

“What was that for?” Tara asked, accepting one of the cups.

“You’re amazing,” Willow replied with a smile.

Tara grinned, but managed to look suitably guilty as well. “I’m really sorry, Will. I just have so many ideas racing around in my head at the moment. If I don’t get them all down tonight, I’m worried I may lose them.”

Willow hopped into the other side of the bed and shook her head. “Don’t be sorry. Write. I’m not going anywhere.”

As if to prove her change of heart, Willow picked up the book she was currently reading from the bedside table. She was re-reading Tara’s third book. It was even better on its second reading, especially as Willow read it from the perspective of someone who was sleeping with the author.

Almost an hour later, Tara finally stopped typing and put down her laptop. When she rolled over, Willow was fully engrossed in the novel. She barely even noticed that Tara was finally ready to pay her some attention.

“Good book?” Tara asked teasingly.

“Great book - I’ve heard the author is a bit of a bitch though,” Willow replied with a straight face.

“Really, I’ve heard she’s hot.” Tara gently traced her fingertips down Willow’s bare arms.

Willow shrugged but struggled to keep a grin from creeping onto her face. A few moments later she looked across to Tara. “Hey, can I ask you something?”

“Depends what it is?” Tara went from touching Willow with her fingertips to laying little kisses up her arms instead.

“Are you happy with this book?”

It was Tara’s turn to shrug. “I suppose, it’s my bestselling work so far. So I should be happy with it.”

“But you’re not are you?” Willow prodded.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I immediately picked up on the undercurrents of sexual tension between Susan and Eliza I’m no literary critic. I mean, you normally half to beat me over the head with the main themes before I grasp them but this was so obvious. Then I realised that the story you really wanted to write was a love story between the two women. I’m right aren’t I?” Without waiting for Tara to answer, Willow continued,” You didn’t want Eliza to live happily ever after with Thomas at all. She was settling for him because she couldn’t bring herself to admit her love for Susan! And you couldn’t write that story because it would have ruined your happy little hetero love story…and we all know that books about lesbos in love don’t sell as well.”

Willow was right of course, and at any other time Tara would have eagerly agreed with her. However, just the sight of the redhead talking with such enthusiasm and passion was more than she could bear.

“Why can’t you write stories like that?” Willow was still talking, “I mean, I think you’re an amazing writer, don’t get me wrong, but I think you could be so much more if your heart was really in it. As opposed to-“

“Will, Tara interrupted her, stepping forward to cup her hand over Willow’s mouth. “You’re an incredibly intelligent, insightful young woman but, right at this moment, all I’m really interested in is seeing just how quickly you can get your clothes off.”

~~~~~~

“Hey, T! We’re running a bit late, hun,” Willow called over her shoulder before turning her attention back to the mirror. She quickly applied the reminder of her make up – just one coat of her favourite Mac lipstick – and left the bathroom to check the exact time. Her eyes widened when she saw the clock. “Okay, we’re a lot late!”

“Coming,” was Tara’s absent sounding reply from the bedroom.

Tara didn’t sound as panicked as Willow thought she ought to. She uttered a slight growl of frustration. “Tara Maclay, if you’re not ready…”

Willow ran into her bedroom, her heels echoing loudly on the floor, only to find Tara fully dressed, with her hair and make-up perfect. She was still busy however as she was surrounded by sheets of paper covered in scribbled notes. She had one sheet resting on her thigh and was writing as though her life depended on getting words onto paper. Willow watched her for a moment – enthralled at seeing her creative talents in full flight. Although the creative talent was eventually superseded by the fact that Tara was just simply drop dead gorgeous in the tight blue dress she wore. It revealed the creamy skin of her upper chest and gave her an indecent amount of cleavage. Willow was momentarily jealous that other people would be able to see such a sight. However, it was her arm that Tara would be on throughout the evening so that made her feel better.

Tara eventually glanced up at her and with an apologetic grin, began gathering the papers up. “Sorry. I’ve been ready for ages and I just thought I’d scribble a few notes while I was waiting for you.”

“Then you got carried away,” Willow chided gently.

“Yeah, a little,” Tara admitted.

She started to stuff the papers in her handbag when Willow pounced and snatched them away. “Tara, you are not taking these with you! Please, not tonight. It’s a big night for me…big, big night.”

Tara winced apologetically. She held out her hand and Willow passed them back to her warily. In order to avoid temptation altogether, she stuffed them under one of the pillows on the bed. “You’re getting nervous again, aren’t you?”

Willow sucked in a lungful of air and nodded curtly. Her eyes suddenly bulged with fright. “My speech notes…I haven’t a clue where they are!”

She relaxed slightly as Tara reached into her handbag and withdrew a small stack of colour coded cards – neatly bound with a rubber band.

With a small smile, Willow reached out a hand and helped the blonde to her feet. “We’ve only been dating for three months and I feel like I can’t do anything without you. Where did I leave them?”

“They fell under the couch…while we were...busy this morning,” Tara smirked as she remembered just how ‘busy’ they had been.

Sitting in the taxi a minute later, Willow glanced across to Tara and saw a wistful expression on her face. Willow knew exactly what she was thinking about. “I’m sorry I didn’t let you bring your notes.”

Tara shook her head. “You were right not to let me bring them. This is your night, Will, you don’t want me paying attention to my little bits of paper instead of you.”

Willow’s nerves stayed with her throughout the rest of the taxi drive and only increased as she walked into the venue. The RB Dynamics Annual Dinner was being held in one of the most prestigious and sumptuously appointed venues in town. Given that Willow and Tara had been running late, it was already teeming with employees and other invited guests. They eventually found their way to their allocated table right at the front of the room near the stage. Two of the six seats at their table were already occupied. Buffy and Faith looked up with relieved smiles when they saw them.

“I thought you’d done a runner, Will,” Buffy said as she stood and deposited a kiss on Willow’s cheek. She then followed suit with Tara, only this time it was a cheeky kiss on the lips.

“Hey, hey, that’s enough smooching with my girlfriend!” Willow grinned.

They took their seats at the table. Willow immediately retrieved her speech notes from her bag and started flipping through them with the air of someone possessed. The other three watched Willow’s facial expressions with some amusement – she alternated between having her tongue poking out slightly or wrinkling her brow as she struggled to remember something.

Finally, Tara snatched the cards away and tucked them under her napkin. “Will, you know that speech inside out, back to front and sideways...you’re going to be fine.”

Willow sighed. “If you say so.”

“I do say so,” Tara said firmly.

“So, you two must be up for a big night?” Faith said to ease Willow’s nerves. “What do you say to hitting Imerst after this little shindig wraps up?”

It was Tara’s turn to sigh. “Actually we can’t. I have to fly to Auckland at 6.30am tomorrow morning for an all day writer’s convention. There’s a breakfast first up at which I’m supposed to be the celebrity guest. Can you believe people have paid $120 just to have breakfast with me and hear me talk about my books?”

“I can definitely believe it, I’d pay that – you’re worth it,” Willow grinned as she reached out and ran her hand gently along Tara’s forearm. “Although, come to think of it, I can have breakfast with you whenever I like for free...although that doesn’t devalue your worth of course!”

Faith and Buffy laughed. In the silence that followed, they looked at each other as though asking a silent question. Buffy shrugged and eventually, Faith nodded.

“While we’re still waiting, Buffy and I have a little bit of news,” Faith announced, reaching across to take Buffy’s hand.

“You’re pregnant?” Willow joked with a mock look of shock on her face.

“Oh haha,” Faith replied sarcastically. “I’m trying to be all serious here and you’re ruining my moment. Buffy and I have decided to move in together. I’m not renewing the lease on my apartment when it runs out next month and I’m moving in with Buffy.”

Willow and Tara both stared at their friends in actual shock. The new couple looked immensely pleased with themselves as they leaned across and kissed soundly.

“Oh my god,” Tara said loudly. “You start dating a girl and a few months later you turn into the biggest lesbo! Next time I see you, you’ll have two dogs and a motorbike and you’ll be on your way to softball practice.”

Faith shrugged. “What else can I say...I love her.”

“Don’t worry, cupcake, you don’t have to play softball,” Buffy laughed.

“Cupcake?” Willow exclaimed as though she had a bad taste in her mouth.

Before Willow could further dissect Buffy’s choice of pet-name for her partner, they were joined by her Uncle and Aunt. The Rosenberg’s greeted everyone warmly. Their arrival also meant that the evening’s formalities were about to get underway. The Emcee was a guy who had once been semi-famous by appearing on a local TV soap, he told a few jokes and generally warmed the crowd up for the more serious speeches that would follow.

Halfway through her uncle’s speech, Willow tuned out and glanced discreetly at Tara to see the blonde was balancing a napkin on her thigh under the table. She had obviously smuggled a pen in her handbag and was furiously making notes. Even as Willow watched, Tara finished covering one napkin with writing and had to reach up for another. She saw Willow watching her and winced apologetically. With an air of finality, she shoved both pen and napkin into her handbag and zipped it shut. Before Willow could say anything to Tara, Buffy kicked her from across the table and pointed towards the stage.

“...and now for an announcement that I have great pleasure in making,” said Joe, looking directly down at Willow. “Ira Rosenberg’s daughter, and my niece has finally decided to accept her position on the Board of RB Dynamics. I know her youthful enthusiasm will reinvigorate the company. Your father would have been extremely proud of you, Willow. So without further ago, please welcome Willow Rosenberg!”

~~~~~

Willow lay on her bed watching Tara undress with a small smile on her face. The evening had been a great success, she’d managed to get through her entire speech without forgetting a single important point – and people had even laughed at her terrible jokes.

“Can you believe Buffy and Faith are moving in together?” Willow laughed as she rolled over onto her back.

“Well, if ever I’ve seen two people head over heels...” Tara shrugged.

Tara was peeling off her dress and Willow eyed her body appreciatively. They did had to be up before five am in the morning, but perhaps there was time for a little loving before they had to get some sleep.

In her underwear, Tara padded across the floor and leant down to lay a soft kiss on her forehead. “I love you, Will.”

Willow listened to the sweet sound of those words. It wasn’t the first time a lover had spoken them to her, but it was the most significant. Usually she just laughed, it meant another conquest had fallen for her. This time it was different. She knew just how heartfelt those words were coming from Tara. She also knew what they signified for their relationship. I need to say them back to her! Willow thought desperately as she stared down at the sheets instead of up at Tara’s face. C’mon, Willow. Just spit them out!

However, as much as she wanted to say them in return, she couldn’t muster a single word. Even when she drew in a deep breath and calmed her racing heart, all that emerged was, “Are you coming to bed?”

Being unable to look at her girlfriend, Willow completely missed the confused expression on Tara’s face. It was gone quickly, replaced by one of hurt.

“I think I might sit up for a while,” Tara said quietly as she pulled on a bathrobe. “I need to go over my material for tomorrow. Good night.”

With that, Tara collected her laptop and moved out into the living room. Before Willow could even utter a word of protest, she shut the door. Willow was left lying on the bed alone, wondering if she even would have said anything given the chance.

~~~~~~

The alarms went off in the apartment the next morning and Willow woke realising that Tara had never come to bed. Instead, there were blankets on the couch where she had slept. Willow felt terrible, especially considering Tara had to be fresh and ready to interact with some of her biggest fans in just a few hours time. Tara even went as far to say that she could take a taxi to the airport instead of being driven, but Willow insisted. The car ride to the airport was frosty, with neither saying a word until they reached the airport.

“You don’t need to see me all the way in,” Tara said quietly. “You can just drop me off at the entrance, then you won’t have to pay for parking.

“No, I’m coming in,” Willow replied firmly.

They checked Tara’s bag and made their way to the departure gate, surrounded by other yawning travellers. Both took a seat on the hard, plastic airport furniture and sat watching the departures screen on the wall in front of them.

As time passed, Willow sat tapping her feet on the floor and drumming her fingers on the armrest of the seats as though she was incredibly impatient. Eventually, Tara turned to her and glared.

“If you want to leave so badly, then just leave!”

Willow let out a tiny whimper. Without any regard for the spectacle she was about to create, she slid off her seat and went down on her knees in front of Tara. She reached out and seized both her hands in a desperate grip.

“I’m scared,” she admitted, talking quickly. “My Mum’s love for my Dad was so intense, so strong, that it ruined the rest of her life. When he was gone, she could never stop loving him and move one. I’m scared that when I say those words, I’ll set the same pattern of events into motion. If you leave, if something happens to you...I’ll never be able to get over you because I love you just as fiercely as my Mum loved my Dad.”

Willow deposited a kiss on Tara’s hand, even as the blonde looked down at her with a stunned expression on her face. She drew in a hopeful breath before continuing.

“You’re my entire world, Tara Maclay...and contrary to what you thought last night, and what you’re probably thinking now...I love you. I love you so much it terrifies me,” she hiccupped slightly as though starting to cry. “I know I need to learn to deal with that, but for a little while at least, can you put up with me being a little mental?”

Tara blinked several times and looked around nervously before turning her attention back to Willow. “A little mental? You’re on your knees in the middle of an airport waiting lounge and everyone is staring at you.”

Willow glanced around. Several people were looking directly at her, some with grins on their faces, others with slightly disapproving looks. Those that weren’t staring at her were only pretending not to, they were just as engrossed in the drama that was folding out before them.

Willow laughed. “I don’t care!”

With that, she stood and used both her hands to draw Tara up to a standing position too. She then leaned in and kissed her intensely, savouring the feel of her lips mingling with her tears. If she’d had any doubt as to whether Tara accepted her explanation, it was gone as the blonde kissed her back with just as much enthusiasm.

“How about you and me in a toilet stall?” Willow whispered as she bit Tara’s ear.

“Willow Rosenberg, you are the biggest slut I’ve ever met...and you read my mind,” Tara replied.

With that, the two women made their way as discreetly as possible out of the lounge and in search of the nearest toilet. It was difficult considering everyone was staring at them. With luck, the club lounge happened to be nearby, with fumbling fingers, Willow dug out her company travel card and quickly flashed it at the surprised hostess at the entrance as she dragged Tara past. She headed straight for the ladies’ room and the nearest stall. Tara’s carry-on luggage was dumped outside.

When she threw Tara up against the stall wall and shut the door, she grinned mischievously. “Does this remind you of something?”

Tara laughed and hovered her lips close to Willow’s. “The night we met.”

Willow sighed, feeling Tara’s hot breath on her face. “One of the best nights of my life. This is terrible, we’re in a toilet, Tara...common-sense should prevail.”

However, as Tara moved the last few inches forward to claim Willow’s lips in a kiss, any thoughts regarding good sense were indiscriminately banished to a distant corner of her brain. Her knees went weak and she lost herself in the kiss, Tara’s breath fused heatedly with her own and their bodies moved urgently against one another.

Without breaking the kiss, which had by now deepened into an even more intimate exploration, Tara kept one hand firmly around Willow’s hips while the other moved lingeringly across her thigh and eventually to gently cup her sex on the outside of her pants. Willow responded to Tara’s rather gentle touch with an urgent and insistent thrusting of her hips against the contact, her physical impatience telling Tara she could move faster. With fumbling fingers, Tara tugged apart the buttons that kept her from her goal. With a firm movement, she thrust one hand beneath the band of Willow’s underwear. A grunt of surprised escaped Tara’s lips as she slipped one finger between Willow’s folds to find her already soaking wet - although as she felt the rising damp between her own legs she began to understand the acute desire and need Willow felt. Tara moved her other hand around, slipping Willow’s pants further down so she could felt the silky skin of her arse as well. A naughty thrill enveloped her entire body. Her other hand moved against Willow’s wet sex, not paying any particular attention to any one spot until the redhead broke their kiss to clamp down savagely on her ear as her finger brushed ever so lightly against her engorged clit. In response, Tara thrust her entire body against Willow’s to shove her back against the stall. Her fingers then raked the tiny organ in rapid pulses, lavishing attention on that one spot. Willow’s hips bucked in response, her mound moving against the palm of Willow’s hand.

Tara kissed Willow’s lips in a bruising movement before burying her face in the redhead’s neck, attacking the soft skin she found there. Willow‘s head was twisted so that her mouth was pressed against Tara’s ear. Without warning, but with a measure of tenderness, Tara slipped two fingers past Willow’s clit and thrust them upwards into her cunt. Willow was of course, wet and more than ready for Tara’s entry. She cried out with the new movement and bucked her hips forward to urge Tara as deep within her as possible. Tara followed the first thrust with an increasing number more, firmer than the first as Willow urged her on with the movement of her hips.

As Tara moved within her, Willow’s head was thrown back and she strained against her touch. Suddenly, she arched her back and her nails threatened to pierce Tara’s skin through the layers of her clothes.

Tara felt Willow’s freely flowing juices pooling in the palm of her hand. Her increasingly urgent whispered cries were deafening in Tara’s ears but she did not pause to consider for a second whether they would carry to anyone else in the members lounge, instead Tara concentrated everything she had on Willow. Only moments later she felt the tender and engorged flesh of her sex spasm uncontrollably as she climaxed, more juices continuing to coat Tara’s hand and Willow’s thighs. Tara thrust her fingers deep for a few last, firm strokes, feeling Willow’s cunt contract around her.

They held each other in trembling arms for a few moments before Tara disengaged herself to pull back and lift Willow’s chin with gentle fingertips. As Willow gazed into Tara’s liquid sapphire eyes, she couldn’t recall the blonde ever looking more beautiful.

Willow grinned happily. “That was intense.”

“Yeah,” Tara agreed. “Do you think I have time for a shower before my plane leaves?”

[center]Epilogue[/center]

“Can I please have everyone’s attention?”

The loud chatter in the room gradually died down as everyone turned to face the stage and the woman standing at the podium. She waited a few more moments until she had the undivided attention of the assembled crowd and the clinking of wine glasses and served platters was silence.

“It has been my privilege to serve as publisher to one of our country’s finest writers for over seven years,” Bridget began in a clear voice. “Before I commence telling you about how brilliant she is, I have to offer an open apology to anyone who loves Tara’s work, or who loves quality, superbly written fiction. You see, for almost all of Tara’s career, I have been holding her back by not allowing her free reign to write the type of novel she always wanted to write. I restrained her creative passion, keeping her bound strictly by the rules and conventions of popular fiction writing...keeping her constrained by my fears, by my desire to publish best-sellers. However, that is no longer the case and I am immensely proud to say that this book is the first true ‘Tara Maclay’ novel. It is unrestrained, passionate and nothing short of a masterpiece. Enough of me, you’ve all come here tonight to launch Tara’s book...and it is Tara you want to hear from, so please join me in welcoming to the stage, Tara Maclay!”

Resplendent in a dress of blue, Tara glided up the steps to the podium. She accepted a brief, but sincere kiss on the cheek from Bridget before taking her place behind the microphone. Before she began speaking, she searched out the one face in the crowd that she needed to see more than any other. There, standing next to Buffy, Faith and Xander, was Willow. The redhead was staring up at her with a glowing face. It gave her all the encouragement she needed to start her speech.

“Over the course of my writing career, I finished books without ever really knew what it was to write from the heart, to really believe the words I was committing to the page. However, in this past year of writing I finally found what was missing and I fully agree with Bridget when she said that this is the first true ‘Tara Maclay’ book, not just because the central story revolves around two women in love-“ Tara paused as there was a chorus of cheers and clapping throughout the room. She grinned before continuing “-but because it truly does come from my heart. Something has happened to me over the past year...and more, to help me achieve this book. It’s the first that I am truly proud to call my own. I don’t want to say much about this fantastic, wonderfully talented and successful young woman in my life – I just want to read her the dedication...” The entire room went silent in anticipation as Tara lowered her eyes to the page and read aloud in a trembling voice. “This book is for my wife, Willow, my love - now and always.”

When she raised her eyes to meet Willow’s, they were shining with unshed tears. She had never appeared more radiant, or more beautiful. It was all Willow could do to keep from leaping onto the stage and throwing herself into Tara’s arms. She watched as her girlfriend gently folded the book closed and continued to stare directly down at her.

“Did she just say ‘my wife’?” Buffy asked Willow in a whisper.

“She definitely said ‘wife’” Faith concurred. “Will, are you guys holding out on us?”

Willow had not even picked up on it, because it felt so right and natural for Tara to call her ‘wife.’ She shook her head slowly and an uncontrollable grin spread across her face. “No, I think Tara just asked me to marry her.”

Then she was running, as fast as her heels would allow her. Moments later, she was on the stage and – without caring about anyone else in the room – kissing Tara soundly on the lips. When she drew back she felt hot tears running down her cheeks.

“Yes,” she whispered fiercely. “I will marry you.”

“Great,” said Tara with a laugh. “Because that dedication has been printed in thousands of books, and I would hate for it to be wrong! God, I love you so much, Will.”

“Well, I am pretty, fucking adorable,” was Willow’s eloquent reply.

[center]The desire of the moth for the star,
Of the night for the morrow,
The devotion to something afar
From the sphere of our sorrow

The End
[/center]

Author's note:

The conclusion of ‘The Moth & the Star,’ also marks the end of my last Willow/Tara story. I find it hard to believe that it has been seven years since I first tried my hand at fanfiction - now, seven stories, dozens of hot gay lovin scenes (complete with far too many uses of 'fuck' and my favourite 'c' word), two Buffy-deaths and about a million words later, I've decided to leave the continuing story of two of my favourite characters to the many, many other brilliant writers out there. Thanks to all those writers who have inspired me over the years, I can't mention them all, but Debra (JustSkipIt) and Diane (dlline), Chris Cook (Artemis) and watty are right up there. And all the Kittens who have been so kind as to leave comments and reviews of my stories - from wimpy who has been reading from the start, to WillowRulez, Zampsa, Anne, Rachel, Russ, Cam, sacinema, nimloth, Safuega, JuJu and melissa, Owl, Willowtree, LittleBit, Foo - for wonderful imagery! All just to name a few and all the Kittens that have read my crazy fics - thank you so much!

Although I am leaving these characters, this isn't the end of my writing career, I'm turning my hand to something that I've been wanting to have a go at for a while now - writing an entire series of stories set in the Harry Potter universe with Hermione and Ginny as the main characters (You can find it here). And then, who knows what in the future...maybe one day that original novel will get finished!

Much love to y'all,

:peace
Alcy[/url]

Last edited by Alcy on Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 30 Jan '11)
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:55 am 
4. Extra Flamey

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIBS!

<3 YOU ANNA!

be back soon with FB, lol.

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:06 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
OMG, this has been one of my favorite fanfics, and now it is over. I loved how this story progressed and even more how it ended. I'd love to know where the next story will be, Herminone and Ginny are my second two favorite fanfic characters.

Thanks for the story

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:17 am 
8. Vixen

I am a little sad because I didnt expect it to end so soon. Nevertheless, thanks for sharing this incredible story with us. I love how Tara asked Willow to marry her, very unique.
I wish you all the best for your HP stories :pride

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 7:09 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent ending to a great story... I'm really glad that Willow finally managed to say those 3 magical words to Tara and Tara asking Willow to marry her in the dedication of her book... I'm glad that Faith decided to move in with Buffy...

PS: Can't wait to read your Hermione/Ginny stories...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:09 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Oh...wow...oh, you know, I can't even begin to express how I'm feeling right now, but I'll try. I'm so very sad this wonderful, amazing story is over, but your ending was probably one of the best I've ever read. It had me in tears from the time Willow got on her knees in the airport and expressed her love for Tara. What a huge difference from how her life was before she they met. Absolutely, positively beautifully done.

And I'm even more sad that this is the last Alcy story. You know you've always been one of my favorites, and can't even begin to think of how many stories, and how many long nights I've sat reading stories about this wonderful couple that means so much to so many of us. You have done one of the finest jobs keeping our girls alive that I have ever seen and have thoroughly enjoyed each and every story you've ever blessed us with. I always got so excited everytime I saw a new story by you or an update. I just want you to know you will be sorely missed, my friend.

I also wish you all the luck in the world in whatever you do next. Please keep us updated on what's going on and where we can find it.

Thank you so, so much for all the enjoyment you have given me.

Love,
Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:37 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
The perfect end to a wonderful story! Thank you so much for sharing your imagination and for bringing your version of W/T to life. I have throughly enjoyed reading all of your stories, but I believe that this one is my very favorite. ;-)

Thanks again and good luck in your future endeavors!

ps: I actually think of this story daily because....there is an emergency clinic that I pass everyday named EMERUS that is on my route to work, lol.

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Completed 30 Jan '11)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:02 pm 

Alcy,

You'll definitely be missed around here, I hope that you'll come back some times and do some reading, let some of us benefit from your wisdom. :D

It was wonderful the change and growth in these characters, I particularly loved the ending:

Quote:
“Yes,” she whispered fiercely. “I will marry you.”

“Great,” said Tara with a laugh. “Because that dedication has been printed in thousands of books, and I would hate for it to be wrong! God, I love you so much, Will.”

“Well, I am pretty, fucking adorable,” was Willow’s eloquent reply.

It's perfect, it shows so clearly that Willow and Tara, in their essence, are still who they always were, just better and stronger because of their love for each other.

I wish you the best with your Hermione/Ginny endeavor, know that you'll be missed around here.

:kitty

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 pm 

Topics: 10
So it turns out that I picked the perfect day to pick this up: 1/30/11. No waiting to find out what happens! Yay!

This story was entirely legen--

. . . wait for it . . .

DARY!

I really loved all the little details that come with setting a story somewhere you know (or, in Tolkein's case, have an uncanny ability to perfectly imagine). Darn you and Peter Jackson . . . collaborating to make me wanna visit New Zealand.

I don't know if anyone else mentioned this, but it the story flows a lot like season six. Willow's being self-destructive. Tara says she can't be with someone doing that and goes away. Willow realizes she's destroying her life, and shapes up; she hopes that it's enough to win Tara, but is also motivated because she actually wants to be a better person. Willow shapes up. Shaped-up Willow is tempted by old ways, but says no. Shaped-up Willow sees Tara with Other Woman, freaks out. Shaped-up Willow and Tara get together, have hot sex.

And now my mind has suddenly gone blank, and oddly enough, given that last sentence, not full of thoughts of sex . . . but anyway, this was a totally great read. Weirdly it's the first of your pieces I've read, as I tend to shy away from totally AU stuff. Now I'll have to go read your other work, as this was amazing and has left me wanting more.

Good luck with your HP writing. I love both Hermione and Ginny, so I can imagine lots of goodness there.

Kate

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:52 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Alcy - What a very sweet story. I really enjoyed it and felt that you concluded it just right. A new novel, a loving fan base, great friends, and now being engaged - wonderful W/T and nice B/F too. And Buffy's alive and in one piece too. Wow, she hardly deserves to much. No, she's great here. Thanks for sharing it.

Quote:
Thanks to all those writers who have inspired me over the years, I can't mention them all, but Debra (JustSkipIt) and Diane (dlline), Chris Cook (Artemis) and watty are right up there. And all the Kittens who have been so kind as to leave comments and reviews of my stories - from wimpy who has been reading from the start, to WillowRulez, Zampsa, Anne, Rachel, Russ, Cam, sacinema, nimloth, Safuega, JuJu and melissa, Owl, Willowtree, LittleBit, Foo - for wonderful imagery! All just to name a few and all the Kittens that have read my crazy fics - thank you so much!
Thank you so much for the shout-out. We're some "old-timers" now aren't we? Thank you for all your writing and friendship.

BTW - I saw that you signed up for a 20km race. Sounds like a great new start! I can't wait to hear the details.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dear Alcy,

sorry for not leaving FB before. Thanks for this lovely story with a fun and charming end. And again thanks for all these wonderful stories you shared over the last few years with us. I'm feeling special for being one of the people you were willing to share your talent with. You will be one of my favorite WT-writers of all times. And I totally understand if you are finishing this part of your writing and go on.

But nevertheless it took me a while to respond, because I'm still sad about the fact there will not be another story written by one of the most skilled writers her about my favorite couple :sob I do have to read the old ones again. Thanks again and I wish you all the best for your future. I would love to know that story of yours, even if I'm not the biggest fan of HP FF. With your skills it has to worth a try.

Best wishes for you and your family
sacinema

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:02 pm 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 8
New to the archive! You can leave feedback!

Kisses and Gay Love
"I like my buttons, curvy." - Willow, Neverland, by Easiersaid

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12