The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 19 July)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:12 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 2
WOW, that was HOT. Worth the wait. This is one of my favorite fics and I love to see it updated.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 11:59 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Please tell me you will finish this.... and Van Rosenberg II!

Very yummy and your descriptions of Auckland really make me want to see it for myself.

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:28 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Hey Anna, remember us? :P

just thought I'd bump this to let you know we're still waiting.

have a good week, dear.

Melissa

Missing me one place search another,
I stop some where waiting for you

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:32 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Topics: 1
Hey, Alcy! How are you?

Well, I gotta say, all the wait and angst was totally worth it. And their coming together was just perfect. HOT, HOT, HOT. You give us some of the best sex/love making scenes EVER!

The outdoors, up-against-a-tree make out session is a long-time hidden fantasy of mine, although not such a secret anymore. lol At least I almost got it vicariously through them. But, since they got interrupted, maybe you could let them finish it somewhere else, I don't really care where. Pretty please?

I'm really liking this Willow, finally. Tara has helped her turn into a different person.

I really can't wait to see what they do next. ;-) And I'm still patiently waiting on more VR - when you get a chance, of course.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~~ Tara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:05 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

hey loved the last update!!! :D And I'm glad Xan lost the bet! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:25 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Don't suppose we could get an update soon?
Amazing work.
Peace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:10 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Hi guys, here's the next chapter of Moth - sorry about the lengthy delay - yet again! I'm at work so I can't really do feedback replies but I thought everyone would rather have the chapter up as soon as possible!
:peace
Alcy

[center]~ Chapter 21 ~
We look before and after, and pine for what is not
[/center]

As was typical of a Monday morning, Willow had a small mountain of tedious work to wade through. Most of it required little brain power and could be done with a coffee in one hand with her other hand absently guiding her mouse. However, as hard as she tried to concentrate on the simple task at hand, she couldn’t ignore the shape looming in the corner of her vision. It had been there ever since she walked into her office and it refused to leave. Willow focused harder, treating the most mundane emails as though they were a matter of life and death. Then the shape made a noise, following by a succession of annoying, repetitive sounds. She shut her eyes and willed her nemesis to go away. It was inevitable that the continuous noise would eventually cause her to snap. She spun in her chair and faced the source of her frustration. Buffy Summers, who no doubt had important work of her own waiting for her, was perched casually on the corner of Willow’s desk. She held a single twenty dollar note between her hands. To celebrate the fact that Willow was finally paying her attention, she snapped the note again. There was a smug expression of satisfaction on her face.

“And that is the sound of victory!” Buffy announced, snapping it yet again for good measure.

“It’s twenty bucks,” Willow reminded her in a flat tone, reiterating the relatively meagre sum.

Buffy wasn’t perturbed by Willow’s spoilsport attitude. “It’s twenty bucks that I won! I can taste my victory lunch already. This little sucker is going to buy me a caesar chicken salad, a diet coke...and just to completely ruin the salad and the diet coke, a great big piece of ginger crunch.”

“Woah, don’t go overboard there, Buff,” Willow smirked.

Buffy reached out and patted Willow on the head in a congratulatory manner. “It’s all thanks to the fact that you are a sexual dynamo. I knew Tara wouldn’t be able to resist you. Not to mention the fact that you couldn’t have kept your hands off those awesome boobs of hers for much longer.”

“Hey! That’s my girlfriend you’re talking about!” Willow protested indignantly.

“Sorry, Will,” Buffy said as she finally hopped down from Willow’s desk and returned to her own. “But you have to admit that your girlfriend has a damn fine rack.”

“I will admit that,” Willow conceded. She immediately received several incredibly naughty mental pictures when thinking about Tara’s breasts and her burgeoning relationship with them. “Are they as nice as Faith’s?”

The last comment was all that was needed to effectively silence Buffy. The blonde muttered something to the effect of ‘I wouldn’t know’ and turned her attention to her own work. A relieved Willow turned her attention back to her emails and her coffee. Her renewed focus lasted barely a minute before her mind wandered back to her naughty thoughts. She had a burning desire to call Tara but knew without a doubt that making a call would fuel Buffy’s teasing. Drawing in a deep breath, Willow resolved to concentrate on her work until morning tea, at which time she would sneak out of the office and call Tara. A quick glance at the time revealed over an hour and a half for her to wait.

I can do this, Willow thought with a grimace of determination, I can’t go calling her every five minutes just because I want to hear her voice...hearing her voice will only lead to further naughty thoughts. Fuck it, if I take a taxi I can be at Tara’s apartment in less than ten minutes. What are lunch breaks for other than to go and have a quickie with your girlfriend?

~~~~~~

It took Tara much longer than usual to settle into a gentle rhythm with her running stride. Her limbs felt leaden and her breath came in ragged gasps. She could only glance across to Faith and envy her effortless, loping gait. The reason for her fatigue was painfully obvious. Following a rather energetic evening with Willow, she’d had barely four hours of sleep before dragging herself out of bed for a long meeting with Bridget and her accountant. This was on top of an equally pathetic amount of sleep the night before and a brief but heated encounter at lunchtime on Monday. Tara smirked when she remembered how a breathless Willow had turned up at her apartment and practically thrown herself at her as soon as the door had been opened. It was one lunch break where no actual lunch had been consumed and yet neither woman had walked away hungry.

“Want to pick up the pace a bit, T?” Faith’s suggestion interrupted her thoughts.

“Are you trying to tell me something?” Tara wheezed.

“Yeah, you’re slowing me down with your half-arsed plodding,” Faith further emphasised her point by turning around and running backwards. She easily kept pace with Tara. “We’re being passed by people pushing their kids in strollers, it’s embarrassing.”

Tara emitted a hefty sigh to let Faith know that she was being overly harsh. Rather than make any attempt to increase her pace, she dropped out of her stride altogether. She ignored Faith’s grunt of disgust and continued at a brisk walking pace. Faith continued running backwards for a few more metres before she also gave up. While Tara was struggling to return her breathing to normal, Faith immediately looked as though she had yet to set out on her run. Instead of feeling bitter about this, Tara reached out and wrapped a sweaty arm around Faith’s shoulders.

“Tara, you’re oozing sweat,” Faith stated the obvious through slightly gritted teeth.

“Well, that’s what normal people do when they run,” Tara replied unapologetically. “Just because you’re super human and seem not to secrete bodily fluids.”

“Eww, T, that’s kinda gross.”

Tara laughed. Her mood had improved now that she was no longer torturing herself. She released Faith from her sweaty embrace and stopped to stretch out her left hamstring on a nearby bench. The muscle felt as though it was about to snap like a piece of dry chewing gum.

“You know, it’s alright to say no to me every now and then,” Faith said as she moved to sit down on the bench. “If you don’t feel like running, just tell me. It’s understandable that you’re exhausted given the enthusiastic state of your love life.”

“How the hell do you know my love life is enthusiastic?” Tara demanded.

Faith rolled her eyes. “Because you’re exhausted but I’ve never seen you happier. I’d equate that with plenty of fucking with your new girlfriend.”

“I will neither confirm nor deny your accusations.” Tara replied with a solemn face. However, a slight upward curl to the corner of her mouth completely gave her away.

Faith was right. She had never been happier - not through her confused adolescent flirtation with Fiona Rigby or her seven year relationship with Audrey. Despite the almost giddy feeling which gripped her every time she thought of Willow, Tara was enough of a pragmatist to look at the situation with a healthy amount of caution. She didn’t consider their relationship to be brand new. While it was hardly a conventional start to a relationship, their one night stand had clearly been the point at which they inserted themselves into each other’s lives. Neither of them had been able to move past the other – with Willow having been unable to become involved with anyone else and her own ill-fated fling with Grace Palmer.

Tara looked up from concentrating on her leg to gaze out over the harbour. She felt a sense of hope. She and Willow had already been though so much, it seemed as if anything they might face in the future would be minor in comparison. Tara sighed. She knew all too well that was wishful thinking. There was the nagging presence of Audrey hanging over her. Tara knew she shouldn’t be so nervous about telling Willow. So she had a partner who died – big deal?

Tara sighed. It wasn’t such a big deal. Yeah, but then there will be the unspoken questions that I will have trouble asking Willow. Audrey was cheating on me, do I need to worry about you doing the same thing? Not to mention the fact that Willow had only recently managed to tell her about the death of her parents. Would it come in poor taste to mention Audrey after that revelation? Okay, I raise your dead parents with a dead girlfriend of seven years. Did I mention that she was killed on the same day she tried to break up with me?

“Penny for your thoughts, T?” Faith’s question interrupted her.

She glanced across towards her best friend and frowned. “You know, I think that phrase needs to be adjusted for inflation. Ten bucks for your thoughts sounds much more reasonable.”

“Stop trying to worm your way out of the question.” Faith narrowed her eyes. “I know that expression. You’re worrying needlessly about something, I can tell.”

There was no point in trying to lie when talking to Faith. “I have to tell Willow about Audrey but I’m worried what she’ll think.”

“You had a partner, she died. I can’t see where the difficulty lies?”

“I think Willow might feel I’ll be continuously worried that she’ll cheat on me.”

Faith snorted disdainfully. “Tara, sweetie, trust me, that girl is not going to cheat on you.”

“You really think she’s that into me?” Tara asked hopefully.

“That and the fact that I threatened to kick the crap out of her if she so much as made you cry,” Faith admitted a little sheepishly.

“You didn’t!” Tara reached out and delivered a swift punch to Faith’s arm.

They shared a laugh and Tara was relieved to find that her gloomy mood had only been momentary. She straightened up and found that her leg had almost come right but there would be no more running for her that evening.

When Faith stood, they started back towards the city at a brisk walk - the brunette seemingly untroubled by the fact that her run had been cut short.

“So, you’re coming to Imerst on Saturday night?” Tara asked.

“I’m not too sure about that, T,” Faith replied warily. “You’ll be too busy snogging Willow in a corner somewhere to protect me from all the lesbians.”

“Isn’t Buffy going to be there?”

“No, I don’t know. Why would she be there?” Faith asked defensively.

Tara narrowed her eyes. “Because she’s Willow’s friend…not to mention the fact that she’s into you, and you’re into her.”

“I’ll let you know on Friday okay?” Faith sighed.

“Why Friday?”

Faith’s reply was slightly reluctant, “Because…we’re going on a…date Thursday night.” She had to force the ‘D’ word out through her teeth.

Tara clapped her hands enthusiastically and put her arm back around Faith’s shoulders for a brief hug. When she glanced back at the brunette, her embarrassment had faded slightly and there was a smile of anticipation on her face. Obviously she was looking forward to Thursday night more than she let on.

~~~~~~

The week rolled by at an alarmingly speed. Willow eventually had to make good on her promise of a Saturday night out with Xander. Upon walking into the pulsating hive of wanton immortality that was Imerst, Willow felt a nervous tingle shoot down her spine. Despite the fact that it had been months since she had set foot in the place, it almost felt like coming home – that is, if home was somewhere with half-naked drunks and music that was too loud. The beat quickly found its way into her bloodstream. Willow found herself subconsciously moving her hips and nodding her head in time with the music. It was all too easy. A tray of cocktails whizzed by and she could already anticipate the coolness of one sliding down her throat.

For several moments, all Willow could do was stop and stare gormlessly. At the point where she felt as though she would either throw herself into the midst of the throng on the dance floor or turn around and run out of the club altogether, she felt warm fingers entwining with her own. Willow first looked down to her hand and then up at the face of the woman standing beside her. It was as though Tara could read the thoughts flowing through her brain. She offered a reassuring smile which Willow quickly returned. For the first time ever, Willow Rosenberg walked into Imerst holding the hand of her girlfriend. She was amazed at just how fantastic it felt. When Tara mouthed ‘are you okay?’ in her direction, she was able to reply with an honest nod.

Together with Tara, Buffy, Faith and Xander, Willow moved further into the club. She circled around behind the dance floor and spied a spot in which they could stand without being jostled on all sides. Willow pointedly ignored anyone else in the club that may have been staring at her – in fact, she knew that people in the club were definitely staring at her. She could feel their eyes boring into her skin. No doubt there were several games of Chinese whispers doing a circuit of the room already to announce that Willow Rosenberg had decided to once again grace Imerst with her presence. Willow focused on her friends instead. Tara looked nothing short of drop dead gorgeous in simple black pants, halter neck top and heeled boots. She knew that if Tara wasn’t with her, then she would have been making a beeline straight for her anyway – much as she had done the night they met. As it was, Tara was her girlfriend and the mere thought of it made her giddy with all manner of strange, new emotions.

“Well, this is exciting,” Faith commented.

Willow didn’t know the brunette well enough to know if she was being sarcastic or not. She had however, made quite an effort to look the part. She wore her hair down, with a plain white tank top and tight leather pants that clung to her arse. No doubt most of the lesbians in Imerst were already drooling over her. Willow doubted that any of them would actually be able to get close to her. Buffy was hovering at Faith’s elbow with a possessive look in her eyes. Willow still wasn’t entirely sure whether the two of them could actually be considered an ‘item.’

She turned to face Tara with the pretext of placing a discreet kiss on her cheek. “Can I tease Buffy and Faith about their couplely-ness yet?” she whispered in her girlfriend’s ear.

Tara merely offered a small shrug in return. She didn’t know either. However there was a hint of mischief in her eyes that clearly indicated she shared Willow’s desire to have a bit of fun at the expense of their friends.

A few moments later, Xander unknowingly offered her the perfect opportunity to uncover the truth behind Buffy and Faith’s fledgling relationship. “This is nothing short of a disaster,” he complained with a note of theatricality to his voice. “I’m the sole unattached loser in our group! I’ve never been that guy!”

While Willow laughed and threw her arm around Xander’s shoulders, Tara looked at Buffy and Faith with an arched eyebrow. The pair looked decidedly nervous. “Buffy and Faith are both still single,” she pointed out with a wink in Faith’s direction.

She grinned as Faith eyeballed her angrily in response. In turn, Buffy elbowed Faith discreetly but sharply in the ribs. Given that everyone’s attention was focused on them, no one missed it for what it signalled.

Faith could only throw up her hands in defeat. “Okay, okay, I’ll admit it – we’re fucking dating okay?”

“Which one is it?” Willow teased further. “Are you fucking or dating?”

Tara watched as her best friend’s cheeks bristled bright red. She had never seen the brunette so embarrassed since her law school graduation ceremony where she tripped on the stairs leading up to the stage.

“Both, okay?” Faith replied. “It all happened late this week – dinner and a movie led to sex and when I woke up I was in a lesbian relationship. Does that completely satisfy everyone’s curiosity?”

“Almost,” Tara said as she swept Faith and Buffy into either arm and gave them a firm squeeze. She pressed her mouth next to Buffy’s ear and asked a cheeky question, “How was she? Out of ten?”

“Hey!” Faith rounded on Tara and punched her in the upper arm. “I heard that!”

Buffy grinned in response and walked in front of Tara so she could wrap her arms around Faith’s waist. “Ten - she was amazing…she is amazing.”

As Buffy drew Faith in for a passionate kiss, Xander made a fake retching sound and seized Tara by the elbow. “Okay, you are coming with me to buy drinks before you can make any other inappropriate comments. You coming too, Will?”

“Bathroom stop – should’ve gone before I left home,” Willow said, briefly reaching out to touch Tara’s wrist. “Can you get me a glass of wine? Anything half decent.”

Willow left Buffy and Faith alone to make out on the fringe of the dance floor to make her way to the bathroom. She felt a little nostalgic entering – after all, it had been the site of her first make-out session with Tara. Granted, that particular session had been one of many between her and another woman in Imerst’s bathroom. However, unlike the others, Tara was more than a one night stand. While waiting in line, she checked her hair and make-up in the mirror. Given that she had only just arrived at the club, everything was still perfect.

Thankfully, the line wasn’t long and upon emerging from the stall she went quickly to wash her hands. As she did, she felt an arm snake around her waist and draw her backwards until her arse was rubbing against someone’s pelvis. Willow looked at her reflection to see Kelly of all people standing behind her. Given her rather wild eyes and inappropriate touching, Willow deduced that her ex-girlfriend was already half-trashed. Seeing the woman immediately took Willow back to Xander’s birthday party and the awful incident with Tara. She was of half a mind to retaliate and give Kelly a black eye of her own.

As it was, Willow just wanted to get away from Kelly as quickly as possible and rejoin her lover.

“Your hand, Kelly,” Willow looked downwards. It was resting on her abdomen in a manner that was much too possessive for Willow’s liking.

“You always liked my hands,” Kelly purred in Willow’s ear.

“Liked, I liked your hands – as in past-tense being the most important part of that sentence,” Willow stressed as she stepped out of Kelly’s grasp before she could take things any further. She sighed wearily and shook her head. “Can we stop playing these games? The disaster that was our relationship is over and it’s been over for a long time.”

“Since when did something being ‘over’ ever stop Willow Rosenberg from getting what she wanted?” Kelly demanded in a slightly more aggressive tone.

“Ever since I found out what it was I really wanted,” Willow replied calmly.

“What?” Kelly snorted. “That insipid blonde?”

Willow ignored the comment and replied firmly, “A real life! Now, if you don’t mind, I’m going back to my gorgeous girlfriend. I’d appreciate it if I saw you as little as possible.”

Kelly snorted disdainfully. “Do you really think she’s going to be able to hold your attention? I give it another month, maybe two at the most before the shine wears off and you start feeling claustrophobic. You’ll be looking for the next thrilling conquest.”

“You’re wrong, Kelly,” Willow replied, trying to keep her voice calm despite the fact she was becoming more pissed off by the second. “You know why? Because it was Tara who conquered me.”

A stall door opened. Without waiting for a reply from Kelly, Willow slipped in past the previous occupant and shut the door firmly behind her. She drew in a calming breath. It didn’t take long for her to feel over the encounter with her ex. There was always going to be baggage from her past reappearing in her life and it was reassuring to find that it mattered very little to her.

When Willow emerged back out into the club a few minutes later, she didn’t see Kelly anywhere. She immediately saw a few other past flings – the very fact enough to make her realise just how promiscuous she had been before she met Tara. Thankfully, all had the good manners not to try and perform the same stunt as Kelly. Willow even went as far to greet each one warmly, earning a few smiles and hopefully some good vibes in return.

She made her way to the bar to find Xander and Tara with their heads tipped back, each downing an oversized shot glass. Tara finished hers first and slammed it down on the bar next to an already emptied glass.

“You’re plying my girlfriend with shots?” she demanded incredulously.

Xander had the good manner to look slightly sheepish as he quickly placed his own shot glass down on the bar. Tara, however, flashed Willow a grin that was far from apologetic. She placed her arm around Willow’s back and drew her close with a very firm tug. Faced with the combination of Tara’s seductive smile and the feel of her hand snaking its way down over her arse, Willow was completely powerless to protest further. She let herself melt into Tara’s body for a few moments. Her mouth roamed up over the smooth skin of her girlfriend’s neck. She breathed in deeply, inhaling her scent. When she closed her eyes, she felt the insistent thumping of the music throughout her entire body. Instinctively, she began to move her hips to the music. At the same time, Willow kept moving her mouth upwards until she reached Tara’s lips. With an enthusiastic sigh she claimed them in a deep, passionate kiss. The couple remained locked together for several moments, oblivious to anything or anyone until Xander let out a loud cough.

Even then Willow and Tara didn’t separate. They merely stopped kissing and turned to face their friend with matching smiles of apology – neither were very sincere.

“Are you two here to dance with me or should we call it a night now?” he demanded.

Willow turned to face her girlfriend and the sparkle in Tara’s eyes betrayed exactly where she wanted to be at that moment. Just that smouldering, lusty glance was enough to turn her on to the point of being weak at the knees. She knew she wouldn’t need any further persuading to ditch Xander and make haste towards either of their apartments. However just as she was about to propel Tara towards the exit, Willow found herself being steered towards the dance floor instead. Tara had her on one arm and an appreciative Xander on the other.

As soon as Willow found herself in the midst of the dancing throng on the dance floor, she was able to push aside her immediate thoughts of sex with Tara – although that thought never went far from her mind. Especially when Tara’s pelvis ground against her own in a sensual dance. She lost track of time after that. At some stage, Faith and Buffy joined them. With her girlfriend and best friends dancing around her, Willow was as content as she’d ever been.

Tara knew Willow was in her element on the middle of the dance floor at Imerst. Her redheaded girlfriend was at the very epicentre of the club’s throbbing beat, almost as though everything radiated outwards from her. At several points during the evening, various people passed her drinks of some sort or another. Willow made sure she got plenty of water but it was matched glass for glass by different mixers of varying colours.

It was only when they finally decided to leave Imerst and go in search of something to eat, that Tara realised just how drunk she was. As she twirled out of the club in Willow’s arms, it was almost as though she was somewhere above the street looking down on herself. She heard herself utter a musical laugh at the mention of Xander finding himself a tasty piece of arse for the night. He decided that remaining on the dance floor would do more for his chances of getting laid than heading out for a burger. Moments later she found herself firmly back in her own body. She was well aware of her unsteady legs beneath her. It was only Willow’s firm arm around her back that kept her upright.

“I think I’m a little drunk,” Tara admitted loudly, directly into Willow’s ear.

“Just a little,” Willow agreed readily.

She tried to steer Tara out of the way of some approaching revellers but was couldn’t tug the blonde aside in time. Tara’s shoulder rammed heavily into that of a tall, dark-haired young man walking in the opposite direction.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry!” Tara looked up. “I wasn’t looking...” She stopped abruptly when she glanced up at the person she had hit.

“I knew you were angry at me, Tara,” he began. “But shoulder barging me is going a little far.”

“David,” Tara identified him quickly. How could she forget him? She clearly remembered David at Audrey’s funeral, surrounded by her family as though he had been the grieving partner of seven years instead of Tara.

“You’re looking...well,” he replied with a smile.

Tara couldn’t quite interpret the smile, was he mocking her? She felt almost a year’s worth of repressed bitterness well up inside her. Of course, the smart thing would have been to continue walking down the street but she wanted to face him. With her chin held high, Tara continued, “I think it’s presumptuous to think I’m still angry.”

“Aren’t you?” he asked, cocking his head to one side.

Tara shook her head resolutely. “Not in the slightest.”

Willow had been watching the whole odd exchange with a confused expression on her face. She could sense that Tara was uncomfortable and stepped closer to Tara.

“I’m Willow,” she stated. “Are you a friend of Tara’s, David?”

“Not exactly,” David replied. “Let’s just say Tara and I had a mutual friend.”

“Audrey was not just my friend and you know it!” Tara replied, her voice suddenly vehement.

“Come on, Tara. It was over between the two of you! Can’t you just acknowledge that I lost the woman I loved and stop thinking that I ruined a relationship that was already over? Audrey was never gay, she just needed to find the right man.”

“What the fuck!” Tara spluttered indignantly. She was suddenly lost for words and could only stare blankly at David as though he had grown two heads.

Unable to find the right words, Tara uncharacteristically placed her hands on David’s chest and gave him a sharp shove. Although there was little real force behind the push, it was sufficient to send someone who was drunk stumbling backwards and into the window of a nearby shop.

“What the hell?” David placed his hand on the window to steady himself before standing.

“T!” Faith bounded forward and wrapped her arms securely around Tara, effectively restraining her from doing anything further. She glanced up at the startled and angry man opposite her. “Just walk away, David – please?”

David shook his head and muttered several foul epithets under his breath as he stared at Tara. The blonde had gone rather limp in Faith’s arms and wasn’t making any move to escape. Finally his friends grabbed him by the shoulder and one told him to forget about it.

“Fucking dyke,” he slurred in Tara’s direction before one of his companions was able to turn him in the opposite direction. He left without any further words.

Willow couldn’t quite believe the scene that had placed out in front of her eyes. She looked down the street at David’s back as he walked away. Then her gaze went back to her girlfriend. Tara had disentangled herself from Faith’s gentle restraint and was sitting on a flight of stairs leading up off the street. She shook her head as though that simple action might bring her back to her senses. “What the devil was that all about?” she asked in disbelief. “Who is Audrey?”

Tara looked up at Willow. The redhead was staring at her as though she had become a completely different person. That scared her far more than her uncharacteristic violent outburst. Faith and Buffy were also staring at her with similar expressions. Although there was a knowledge in Faith’s eyes that was missing from the others, she still looked just as horrified. Faith knew exactly who David was and what he represented to Tara but she still could not believe that Tara had lashed out physically.

“I…um – I think I need to get out of here,” was Tara’s only response, ignoring Willow’s questions. She felt sick to her stomach, disgusted by what she had just done.

“Come on, let’s find us a taxi.” Willow didn’t press the issue further. When Tara took her outstretched hand, she helped her to her feet with one swift tug. With one arm wrapped securely around Tara’s waist, she turned to Faith and Buffy with an attempt at a reassuring smile. “Are you guys going to call it a night?”

“I’m not sure,” Faith replied as she turned to Buffy. “I do really need something to eat…and a coffee.”

“Starbucks?” Buffy suggested quietly.

“Starbucks it is,” Faith nodded in agreement. “Maybe you two should join us?”

Willow felt rather than saw Tara’s shake of her head. “I think we’re done with town tonight. See you later.”

“Count on it,” Faith took Buffy’s hand.

Willow watched the pair walk off with a last wave before gently prodding Tara in the direction of the nearest taxi rank. She desperately wanted to get to the bottom of Tara’s mystery but knew it could wait until they were safely inside with coffee of their own.

~~~~~~

When the taxi ground to a halt outside her building ten minutes later, Willow quickly paid the driver and exited the taxi. She was relieved to be out of the stuffy confines of the car – it had smelt of a combination of carpet shampoo and the alcoholic stench left by half a nights worth of drunken passengers. She crossed around to Tara’s door and opened it with the intention of helping the blonde out of the car. However, she found herself left standing beside the taxi as Tara remained inside.

Tara eventually leaned over and looked up at Willow. “I think it’s best if I go home…to my own apartment.”

Willow was momentarily taken aback before she could think of a suitable reply. “Of course you should – I mean – I shouldn’t have assumed that you would be coming home with me.” The words felt rather hollow. Of course she had assumed that Tara would be coming home with her. Most of the night had clearly been pointing towards hot, steamy sex – up until Tara had flipped out after meeting David on the street. From that point on Willow’s only concern had been for Tara. All she wanted was the opportunity to hold her, comfort her while she was obviously hurting.

“Tara - baby – I can’t let you go home alone. Not when you’re hurting like you are,” Willow protested gently. She reached out and laid a hand on her upper arm.

“I’m not hurting!” Tara replied abruptly. She brushed off Willow’s touch and looked away from her. “I’m just…angry, and tired. I want to be alone.”

“Okay,” Willow replied slowly, dejectedly. The last thing she wanted was to let Tara go home alone, but she recognised the need for solitude when she saw it. She pulled another note out of her purse and handed it to the driver. “Can you take her home please? 22 Everton Terrace.”

“Certainly, ma’am,” the driver replied. “Have a good night.”

With a last brief brush of her palm against Tara’s cheek, Willow stepped out of the taxi. How can the rest of my night be anything other than downright depressing? She watched it pull away until its red tail lights disappeared around a corner. When Tara didn’t look back once, she felt tears prick at her eyes. She stood on the side of the street for at least a minute before finally making her way inside.

A few minutes later, as she sat heavily on her sofa with a bottle of red wine, Willow suddenly wished she had a cat, or a dog - just something warm and snugly on her lap.

“Who gives a fuck about cat hairs on a six hundred dollar dress,” she muttered to herself as she glanced down at the Karen Walker number she was wearing.

She spied one single strand of blonde hair stuck to the fabric and plucked it off. It was at that point that she put both the bottle of wine and her glass down on the floor and curled up on the sofa, tucking her stockinged feet beneath her. Willow couldn’t sleep, instead she lay staring at the wall opposite. All the while she played the events through her mind and wondered what she could have done differently. Should she have socked the guy on the jaw? Just because you do Tai Bo at the gym doesn’t mean you can actually hit someone, stupid. Perhaps she should have refused to let Tara go home alone?

Willow sighed – it was all too late. If only she had been a better girlfriend somehow, then she may have been able to spare Tara some of her pain.

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 8 October)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:26 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Man, Alcy, I'm glad you're back, but with the Angst with a capital A again?! I was hoping that the Audrey news would've gone a bit smoother. I hope Willow isn't too bruised by drunken Tara's behavior. :(

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:25 pm 
8. Vixen

wow. That was intense. I continue to love this story. Glad to see an update.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:11 am 
3. Flaming O

Great update Alcy! I like that Buffy and Faith are together. Tara's behaviour was surprising and totally understandable. Feeling bad for Willow confused and home alone; and Tara, no doubt filled with shame and worry about any damage she may have done to her relationship with Willow. Look forward to the next update!

Shiraz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:18 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Hey, Alcy! I was so excited to see an update. It started out all happy, with anticipation for some hotness by the end of the evening, but oh, what a wicked turn of events were thrust upon us. First that bitch Kelly showed up, but I loved the way Willow shut her down. Then that prick David. Oh, I think I would've done more than shove him. That was so upsetting for Tara. I really wish she could have explained everything to Willow. I felt so sorry for them both at the end. And, I believe that means you did a good job with the angst on this one. Can't wait to see what's next, because you owe us some huge amounts of happiness in the next update to make up for it. lol Although I foresee some long, serious discussions in their future. Please don't let them suffer too long. I hate them being alone and sad, cause now I'm sad too. :paranoid

Wimpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:19 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wow, Alcy. Wonderful update. First everything's going fluffy and harmonic, they are truely into one another. With a bit of clouds hanging over the relationship by Tara not telling Willow about Audrey. And the notion of a nice sexy night ahead. But then everything turns around. And in the end we see that their relationship is still fragile and trust has to be build.

I loved Willow - even more than I love her anyway - in that update. She surely and truely is into Tara. Nothing left to doubt this fact. And I do think she would have told David a thing or two about "fucking dykes". That jerk actually said two no goes in a short time. First telling Tara the feigned truth of Audrey never being gay just in need to meet the right guy and in the end calling Tara names. Bad boy. Very bad boy. And Willow would have hit him hard with words not physically. But anyway she didn't know and it was really believable why Tara hesitated to tell her about Audrey and everything.

Poor Tara, I do think she will be embarrassed in the morning of her behaviour. Sure it was totally understandable and I'm glad she was angry not depressed. But Tara is also not the kind of girl to get physically into such an argument. She might regret pushing him instead of giving him a peace of her mind. And she might feel bad about not telling Willow the truth before. But we will see :-) I'm sure you'll manage to bring them back together for a good nice talk quite well. And maybe a little make up sex? Okay, I'm being way out of line with my assumptions here.

Thanks for still sticking to that story and for giving a little twist here. Can't wait to see what happens next.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:30 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I really liked the happyness in the beginning... Big yay for Faith & Buffy finally admitting that they are dating... I hope Tara would have more than shoved the stupid David... I truly hope that Willow goes to see Tara first thing in the morning so that they can have the Audrey talk...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:08 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Hi Alcy,

I’m an angst junkie, I admit it. Some type of conflict makes a story for me, it creates drama, especially when it’s the well-written, character driven kind. So, I thought this update was excellent.

You’ve created quite a turn around here, with Willow responding maturely to provocation and Tara lashing out. In the beginning, Willow was the obviously ‘screwed up’ character but now it’s becoming clear that, under the surface, they are more similar than not. Willow has changed dramatically but Tara is has a way to go. At least, that’s how it seems to me.

I’m enjoying this story very much. I particularly like your Xander and I’d love to see some more interaction between him and Willow.

Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ahh, Anna, dear master!

How I love this. I actually, loooooove this. yeah, that feels better. I couldn't help buy identify with Willow, and Tara. Crappy situations, dramatic nights on the town. I can't wait to see this unfolds. and go back to smooching. and see Willow learning to trust herself a little more about her girlfriend-y abilities. and Tara learning to trust Willow. and Herself.

mmm... eagerly waiting for update-y goodness.

Melissa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I just read this from start to finish...again. I love the character development of pretty much everyone in this piece. You caputre the turmoil of Willow and Tara's experiences perfectly. You know an author has real talent when you feel the emotions happening along with the characters, and that is what this story does for me.

I also LOVE the setting. As a gal who lives near the water, I love the descriptive scenery pieces... it's not overwhelming, but nature is a strong character in your fic as well.

I can't wait to read more of this story!

On another note, I was REALLY truly hoped that Faith was going to slug that arsehole David.. what a jerk.

I hope Willow and Tara are able to talk about what happened and that Tara brings up the Audrey issues...

Patiently waiting for more :pray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:05 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

loved the update!!!! :D I really am enjoying this story so much. I hope Tara realises just how much Willow would support her! :D

I am my beloved and my beloved is mine
-- King Solomon's Song of Songs

Only reality can escape the limits of our imagination
-- Rivka Galchen, Atmospheric Disturbances

Man is nothing else but that which he makes of himself
-- Jean-Paul Sartre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:39 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Lonely Tara: Yes, sorry about the angst. The Audrey news hasn’t quite gone down yet, I think the actual conversation between Willow and Tara will go a whole lot smoother than Tara’s meeting with David. I promise minimal bruising on both their parts.

Taranwillow4ever: Hi there, thanks very much for reading and enjoying!

Shiraz: I enjoy Buffy and Faith being together as well, which is surprising because I usually kill Buffy off. I wouldn’t feel bad for the pair of them for too long, the next update will see it all sorted out…although sorry to leave you hanging for so long on such a sad note!

Wimpy: It was quite a juxtaposition between Willow’s meeting with someone from her past and Tara’s meeting with someone from hers. Willow was able to extract herself from the encounter with Kelly without any disasters – I mean, that could have ended up rather messily. Tara on the other hand made a mess of her meeting with David when she could have just walked away…a little difficult when David was such an arsehole but she still could have.
I promise some happiness in the next chapter to make up for the angst in this one. Although you’re right to foresee some serious discussions about their future. Can Willow actually bring herself to settle down into monogamous bliss?

sacinema: I can’t have everything going too fluffily for too long, people might not think I’m myself!
Quote:
And in the end we see that their relationship is still fragile and trust has to be build.

Most definitely. This is the key theme throughout the remainder of the story. You can’t have two women who were so damaged by life enter into a relationship and have everything be perfect…well, maybe you could but not in Alcy-land. They are most definitely into each other, but there are still things that need to be worked out, and meeting David was just a little bit more than Tara could bear at that point. And Tara wasn’t exactly going to tell Willow about Audrey then and there on the street.
I’m definitely working on bring them back together now…and maybe I can throw in a little make up sex just for you!

zampsa: There was quite a contrast between the rather happy beginning and the end wasn’t there? And don’t worry, we’ll get our girls sitting down and talking as soon as possible! Thanks!

Wayland: I’m definitely an angst junkie as well and I can’t help but carry that over into whatever I write. Sure, I like a bit of fluffy smoochies, but I get bored if I don’t throw a few curve balls in every now and then.
This chapter definitely signifies a reversal in their roles. You expect Willow to have been the one drunkenly lashing out at someone on the street, but in this case it’s Tara. It goes to show just how similar they really are, and how much they need each other.
I’ll try and weave a little more Xander interaction in the story for you!

Melissa: I can definitely identify with Willow and Tara and dramatic nights out on the town…although not quite this dramatic! We’ll definitely get back to the smooching soon. They’re slowly learning to trust each other, but they’ve still got a little way to go in terms of fully opening up and accepting that they have a place in the other’s life.

cyteach: Congratulations on reading the whole story from start to finish – that is about 90,000 words so that’s good going! Thanks very much for your praise, characterisation has always been important for me so I work hard at getting it right throughout the whole story.
It’s also really important to describe the setting, but without getting bogged down in the minutiae of detail to the point where it impedes the story. And I love living next to the sea (on most days anyway! Not when there’s a howling wind).
Sorry I didn’t have Faith slug David! He really did deserve it didn’t he?
And don’t worry about the issues between Tara and Willow, they’re definitely going to work them out eventually.

LittleBit: Hi there – I’m really glad you enjoyed the update. Tara really needs to sit down and tell Willow everything, just as Willow did for her…

Sorry about the lack of updates everyone. Hopefully I will be able to post the next chapter over the weekend and maybe another before Christmas! Thanks all for your patience.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Alcy wrote:
…well, maybe you could but not in Alcy-land.

Sure not in Alcy-land. May I ask for an immigration card to Alcy-land? I'm thrilled about your country.

Alcy wrote:
I’m definitely working on bring them back together now…and maybe I can throw in a little make up sex just for you!

Now I'm totally exited. Just for me? I will be totally okay with some But make-up sex would be even better Whatever - you are the best.

Last edited by sacinema on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:07 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Awesome! A update in the making!

:pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

:party :party :party :party :party

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 3:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

weeeeeeee!!!!

thanks, Anna~ :D

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:35 am 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Hey Alcy,

Just posting to say I'm really enjoying this fic. Hoping for an update. Soon?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:46 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Thanks very much for all your continued support fellow Kittens. These last few months have been really busy and difficult so I'm glad to be able to bring you another chapter finally.

[center]~ Chapter 22 ~
Thou wovest dreams of joy and fear
[/center]

Oh my god. I’m such a bitch.

After the dreadful taxi ride home, Tara had dragged on her pyjamas and tumbled into bed almost as soon as she set foot in her apartment. All she wanted was to fall into the blissful escape of sleep. After several hours, sleep still hadn’t come.

I’m a bitch.

As Tara struggled to fall asleep, the words kept repeating in her head. She snuggled further down into the covers and drew them up over her head as though that act might shut them out. It was all an exercise in futility. A deep, totally ingrained feeling of regret wouldn’t allow her to relax enough for sleep. Tara fervently wished she had done several things differently that night. An ideal situation would have been for her not to have shoved David at all. Given that they were both mature adults, she could have uttered a polite greeting. Or she could have been less mature but far wiser and ignored him all together.

Regardless of whether the shove had happened or not, the regret she felt deepest was her treatment of Willow. Her girlfriend had only been trying to help – and in the least intrusive, gentlest way she could – but Tara had coldly brushed her aside.

She tossed angrily in her bed. With her furious movements, it grew hot and stuffy beneath the covers and she threw them back. Tara let out a forceful sigh. If only she’d listened to Willow and not got home alone. It required very little imagination to picture herself safely wrapped up in Willow’s arms. Of course she had quite a bit of explaining to do on her part, but there was always another day for that.

After over an hour of tossing and turning without coming any closer to sleep, Tara threw off the covers altogether and bounded to her feet decisively. Her bounding was a little too enthusiastic as she felt her head swim with the residual effects of her excess alcohol consumption. Tara realised she was halfway in between being drunk and hung-over – it wasn’t a pleasant state. Still, a sense of purpose was enough to drive her out of her bedroom and to her apartment door. She tugged on a pair of sneakers and pulled the nearest coat to hand over her pyjamas. However, as soon as she picked up her car keys she stopped and frowned.

“Okay, still drunk,” Tara said aloud to herself – the fact that she was talking to herself was more than enough confirmation of her inebriation. Not to mention having simply picked up her car keys. She shook her head and placed them back where they belonged. As she ran out the door, she had already started to dial a taxi.

If the taxi driver thought a pyjama clad woman riding in his car at nearly five am was something out of the ordinary, he didn’t say anything. He merely nodded at her destination at took her straight there.

Although there was very little traffic, Tara drummed her fingers impatiently on her knee for the entirety of the ten minute ride. She kept playing different scenarios in her head. How was Willow going to react to her apology? More importantly, how was she going to react to the information about Audrey?

Her impatience lasted until she left the taxi and approached the door of Willow’s apartment building. Tara paused with her finger hovering over the button next to Willow’s name. It was almost five am and she felt ridiculous for even thinking about disturbing Willow when she was probably fast asleep. Nevertheless, she drew in a breath and jabbed her finger on the button briefly. She was surprised when the answering buzz came within seconds and the door clicked open.

When she knocked on Willow’s door a minute later, it opened swiftly and Tara realised just why she had been buzzed up so quickly. Willow was still wearing the black dress she had on a few hours ago when the taxi had dropped her off. The only article of clothing she had removed was her heels – even her make-up was still perfect. Her one concession to the fact that it was a relatively cold night was the over-sized cardigan she had draped over her shoulders.

“I feel decidedly under-dressed,” Tara commented in a humour-less voice.

Willow glanced down at her outfit as though reminding herself what she was wearing. Their night out on the town seemed like last week instead of just a few hours earlier. She took in the sight of Tara standing in the hallway, wearing only a jacket over a pair of pyjamas with little donkeys on them.

“How did you get here?” Willow asked in a tired voice.

“Taxi,” Tara replied. “I had to…“

Tara stopped mid-thought. Her mouth kept moving wordlessly for a moment longer before she gave up on speaking altogether. The thoughts that she wanted to voice were almost instantly forgotten at the sight of Willow’s eyes staring back at her. With a breath that was almost a whimper, Tara launched herself forward over the threshold and into Willow’s startled embrace.

For a split second, Willow almost toppled backwards. She shifted her weight and returned the almost desperate hug she found herself in. The pair of them stood in the doorway of Willow’s apartment for several minutes without a word. When Tara finally felt that she was able to give Willow a small measure of space, she stepped back only slightly and kept a firm arm around her waist.

“I’m so sorry, Willow!” Tara blurted out. “I’m such an awful bitch.”

Willow responded by shaking her head in immediate disagreement. She lifted a gentle hand to Tara’s head, wiped a strand of hair out of her eyes and then let the hand linger on her cheek for a moment. “You’re not a bitch. Regardless of what you think you’ve done, I can emphatically say that you are incapable of being a bitch. You were upset, and maybe a little angry-“

“Quit it with the euphemisms, Will,” Tara interrupted in a sad voice. “I know you well enough to know that you have no qualms about speaking your mind.”

“Except when it comes to you,” Willow pointed out, quickly recalling her contrasting bouts of verbal diarrhoea or tongue-tied awkwardness in Tara’s presence. She could no longer suppress the grin she felt tugging at the corners of her lips. After having spent several miserable hours tucked up on her couch, unable even to get changed out of her party clothes, she was relieved beyond belief to have Tara standing in front of her. There were obviously things that needed to be said, but she had a gut feeling that told her everything was eventually going to be alright between the two of them.

“How about I make us both a cup of coffee?” Willow suggested, eager to get out of the doorway in case her neighbours were being kept awake by her rather public relationship issues.

“A coffee would be fantastic,” Tara agreed readily. However, before Willow led her further into the apartment, she lifted her hand, grasped her firmly around the neck and drew her close for a brief kiss. “Thank you,” she whispered sincerely.

“It’s just a coffee,” Willow explained, feeling her cheeks go slightly pink as the delicious warmth created by Tara’s lips spread throughout her body.

Tara found a small smile of her own. “I meant thank you for being so gracious at five am in the morning. I half-expected you to slam the door shut in my face…or not even let me in the building.”

“Well it’s nothing really,” Willow added modestly. “I haven’t quite outgrown my old night owl lifestyle. In the old days, at five am, you’d be catching me at my best. Now hurry inside before someone sees you standing outside my door in your pyjamas.”

“I’m quite sure that women have stood outside your door wearing a lot worse…or less,” Tara commented as she allowed herself to be dragged inside.

“True,” Willow replied. “But now that I’m an upstanding member of the business community, I have a reputation to protect.”

Tara smiled and nodded to humour Willow, but the resulting wink from the redhead indicated she wasn’t taking herself that seriously.

Tara was curled up in one corner of Willow’s couch in just her pyjamas, absently leafing through one of the many seemingly untouched coffee table books, when Willow returned with their coffees. Awkwardly holding both cups in one hand, she spread a couple of coasters out so she could place them safely on the table. Obviously the new Willow hated coffee rings on her furniture.

“I’ve stopped employing a cleaner,” Willow felt the need to explain as she sat heavily on the couch next to Tara’s feet. “I thought it might be character building for me to learn to clean up after myself.”

Tara raised her eyebrows as she reached for her coffee. “And is it?”

Willow shrugged. “Hard to tell. You take away the constant parties and I’m actually an exceptionally tidy person-” she pursed her lips together thoughtfully before continuing, ”-almost a neat freak. I still don’t know where my vacuum cleaner is.”

When her answering laugh had faded away, Tara realised that Willow was waiting expectantly for her to say something. She was momentarily tongue-tied as she searched for a way to begin that didn’t sound crass when compared to Willow’s own loss. Eventually she decided that a straight forward account of the facts was the best way to start. Thankfully and miraculously, the lingering effects of alcohol had almost completely disappeared.

“Four months before that night you and I met, I lost someone - my partner Audrey. We had been together for seven years when she died in a car crash.”

Willow’s facial expression soon shifted from one of focussed attention to outright mortification as she grasped exactly what Tara was saying. “Tara,” she whispered. “You mean to say that when I dragged you back here and took advantage of you, you were still grieving for someone you’d spent seven years of your life with? Seven years…”

Willow found it difficult to comprehend being in a relationship for that length of time. She couldn’t even remember what she was doing seven years ago – except to guess that it involved drinking and all night dance parties. Tara nodded in response to her question and she immediately uttered a horrified whimper.

However, before she could say anything further, Tara affectionately poked Willow’s leg with her foot. “You didn’t take advantage of me, Will…well, yes you did – but I wanted…needed you to. Up until that night I’d barely left my apartment for months. I was a permanent fixture on my couch, doing nothing but watching Oprah. You got me out of that funk.”

Not overly reassured by Tara’s words, Willow replied with a frown, “We had sex and then I spent six months doing my best to drive you insane. I think you would have been better off sticking with Oprah.”

Tara managed a smile. She reached out and set her coffee down on the table so she could scoot around on the couch. She tucked herself firmly against Willow’s body and in turn, Willow wrapped an arm securely around her shoulders. With Willow’s chin resting on the top of her head, Tara felt safely cocooned.

“I’m fairly pleased with the eventual outcome,” she said as she nuzzled against Willow. Already she felt as though her heated words in the taxi were a bad memory. She allowed herself a few delicious moments with her eyes closed, listening to Willow breathing, before she continued with the rest of her explanation. “Only hours before she died, Audrey broke up with me over the phone. My last words to her were angry…hurt.” Tara’s voice took on a bitter tone that she was unaccustomed to hearing from herself. Talking about what had happened reminded her exactly how unfair life was. “While I was at the hospital, I ran into David, the man you had the misfortune of meeting last night. He chose that time to inform me that he was the reason Audrey was breaking up with me. They’d been seeing each other for six months.

Retelling the difficult story was made easier by the comforting sensation of Willow’s warm breath falling on the top of her head.

“That’s awful.” It sounded inadequate, but it was all Willow could think of saying.

Tara drew in a deep breath. She had no desire to revisit the awful horror that was Audrey’s funeral. Even thinking about it made her sick to her stomach. “It gets slightly worse. At the funeral, Audrey’s family treated David as the grieving partner while I was made to feel like an outsider. He was the partner they’d always wanted for her…the seven years I was with her was a forgettable interlude.”

“That’s not just ‘slightly’ worse,” Willow added in a disgusted voice, squeezing Tara’s shoulder even tighter. “That’s positively medieval!”

“It was…difficult - hence my disgusting behaviour last night. Seeing David again, while I was so drunk, it was just a little too much for my fragile ego,” Tara winced as she remembered physically shoving David. He was an arsehole, pure and simple, but Tara knew she should never have sunk to such a low. “I should have told you earlier, but I was worried that it might be in poor taste coming so soon after you had told me about your parents.”

Willow kissed her gently on the top of her head. “You didn’t have to tell me anything until you were ready. Running into David forced you to confront the whole thing and your reaction was totally understandable-“

“Will!” Tara protested, jerking her head up and meeting the redhead’s gaze squarely. “There’s no way that I am letting you condone what I did. I assaulted someone in public!”

“Yeah, you definitely need lessons on that,” Willow commented thoughtfully. “Next time you should go for a right hook instead of a shove. Or maybe a swift kick to the balls.”

“Will!” Tara repeated – although there was now a slight smirk on her face. She relaxed slightly and her gaze softened. With an air of almost relief, she moved forward and found Willow’s lips for a gentle kiss. When she drew back she felt almost cheerful. “Willow Rosenberg, you are a terrible influence.”

As she pressed her forehead to Tara’s, Willow ran her hands across Tara’s back in a firm caress. She drew her even closer until their bodies were pressed together tightly. “I’m glad you told me about Audrey, and David...and exceptionally glad you decided to tell me now. I don’t think I could have spent any longer with all that tension between us. Pathetic really, it was only a few hours.”

“It was several hours too many,” Tara agreed. Her chest was moving rapidly as her breathing quickened. Being so close to Willow, it was difficult to think about anything other than sex.

“But we’re good now – more than good. Spiffing actually.”

The blatant desire in Willow’s voice betrayed her own thoughts and they obviously matched Tara’s own. As she found Willow’s lips again, Tara wondered how anyone could possibly make the word ‘spiffing’ sound remotely sexy. Those thoughts were quickly replaced by others as Willow placed two hands on her chest and pressed her backwards into the cushions of the couch. Gone was any pretence at being gentle, as her girlfriend straddled her and slipped one thigh between her own. Tara heard herself gasp with delight as Willow ground down hard with her body weight. Moments later gasping was out of the question as Willow kissed her again. This time the kiss didn’t end. They continued, each hungrily devouring the taste of the other - constantly searching for more. The air was filled with the wet sounds of kissing, and the harsh rubbing of fabric.

Eventually, Willow sat up. For a moment or two she stared down at the gorgeous blonde woman she straddled. She smiled broadly in anticipation as she grabbed the front of Tara’s pyjama top and dragged her upwards. Willow then turned her attention to the important task of removing the annoying clothing that stood between her and Tara’s naked body.

“Is this make up sex?” Tara asked as Willow wrenched her pyjama top over her head.

Willow managed to pull the top off, although she also made Tara’s hair into a style approximating a bird’s nest. Laughing, she smoothed the offending strands down with her hands and cupped Tara’s head. “We had nothing to make up for. This is sex – good, old-fashioned, hot, lesbian-type fucking.”

With a delighted laugh at Willow’s exaggerated sultry voice, Tara pushed her cardigan off her shoulders and tossed it to the floor. She ran her hands over the newly exposed skin, feeling every inch of the firm, smooth surface. Her fingers hooked beneath the straps of Willow’s dress and she peeled them downwards. Impatiently, she tried to force the dress downwards to get at Willow’s breasts but it was too tight. Willow sensed her frustration and reached around for the zip. Once undone, she pulled the dress roughly over her head with little regard for the fact that it had cost hundreds of dollars. It fell to the floor alongside her cardigan.

In just a few more seconds, Tara’s pyjama pants and their underwear were also thrown aside. Completed naked, the lovers could concentrate on the real task at hand. Their mouths were reunited in a continuation of their hungry kiss. It was still almost desperate, punctuated by gasps and whimpers as their hands roamed to find each others breasts and, eventually, the already moist tenderness between their legs.

Tara bucked involuntarily at the very first flick of Willow’s finger across her clit. Just the first few teasing touches drove her wild with need. She thrust her hips up off the couch, striving to make the contact firmer where she needed it. When Willow’s fingers darted just out of reach, she let out an annoyed growl and broke their kiss to nip the flesh of her shoulder.

“Ow!” Willow protested.

“I’ll leave a permanent mark soon,” Tara said breathily. “I don’t want teasing, Will. I just want to feel as much of you as possible, all at once…and now.”

Willow raised her eyebrows at Tara’s impatience, but it was more a move of delight than surprise. After deliberating holding back her own need, she understood that they both needed the liberating, consuming experience of orgasm as soon as possible. She used one arm to prop herself up slightly so she could stare down at Tara. With the other, she continued to roam over Tara’s body. Despite Tara’s warning, she continued to tease - allowing herself to roughly pinch Tara’s nipples between her fingers. She then trailed her hand downwards towards where her thigh lay nestled against Tara’s. Her fingers drifted over Tara’s belly, down over her hips and then she shifted slightly so she could get at the inside of her thighs. Feather light touches darted over the soft skin she found there. With a wicked grin, she again flicked out towards the tender, engorged flesh between Tara’s thighs. The resulting gasp drew a response from her own centre as she felt a delicious flood of moisture. She lowered her head and pressed her lips close to Tara’s ear.

“You want me to stop teasing you?” Willow asked in a whisper. She nibbled briefly at Tara’s earlobe. Tara didn’t say anything in response, instead she nodded urgently as Willow again reached out to briefly touch her clit. “You want me to shut up and fuck you?” The words were for her own pleasure as much as Tara’s. Even as they left her lips, she felt another spasm of wetness between her legs. The fire in her lower belly raged and desperately needed sating. She felt Tara’s nails dig harshly into the skin on her back to the point where they were threatening to break through and draw blood.

“Fingers…cunt…now,” Tara whispered into Willow’s ear, although she didn’t just nibble on Willow’s earlobe – she bit down hard. “Or two can play at this game.”

Tara moved one hand downwards and found Willow’s own sweaty thighs. Willow lifted herself up onto one knee so Tara could easily reach between them. In unison, the two girls probed and found each other’s passages. A split second later, they both thrust their fingers upwards and buried them deeply within each other. Their resulting gasps of pleasure were almost identical.

At first their movements were frantic but awkward as they both strained too quickly to fulfil the other’s desire. Then their mouths met and they relaxed slightly. The pair were able to slip into a rhythm. It was gentle at first as they co-ordinated their movements. Given their urgent need, the pace quickened rapidly until they reached the same level of intensity they began with. However, now each stroke was perfectly timed to match thrusting hips.

As Willow drove her fingers deeply inside Tara, she felt Tara’s answering stroke fill her and her thumb grind against her slickly coated clit. Her sweaty body slipped slightly on her leather couch and she felt herself leaning heavily on Tara as she tired. For a moment she wondered whether she should ease off and give Tara a chance to breathe. However, the need to climax and fulfil Tara’s as well, drove her past the point where she was thinking sensibly. Her breath thundered in her ears as she buried her face in Tara’s neck. Atop that hoarse sound, she heard Tara’s own slight whimpers through her breathing and the satisfying squelch of juices as their figures moved.

“Another finger, Will!” Tara demanded in an urgent whisper. “Please!”

Willow obliged, gently squeezing a second finger into Tara’s passage alongside the first. “Is that alright, baby?” she asked as she began thrusting, straining to go even deeper.

“Fuck yes!” Tara cried urgently in her ear. Her voice softened a little as she continued, “That’s perfect, you’re perfect…fuck me, Will.”

Almost unexpectedly, Tara’s dirty talk pushed Willow right over the edge. One moment she was marvelling at the sensation of Tara’s fingers inside her and the next she was engulfed in a flurry of pleasurable spasms travelling up from her cunt and throughout the rest of her body. She heard herself utter a strangled gasp. It was all she could do to ride it out while continuing to move inside Tara. At the point where she feared she had to stop, her girlfriend’s cries mingled with her own. She felt a gush of moisture coat her hand as Tara’s sex mirrored the spasms that her own had made just a minute earlier. With renewed determination, she drove hard for several more thrusts, until Tara’s fingers slipped out of her cunt and gently took her hand.

“I can’t take anymore,” Tara said in a satisfied sigh.

Willow withdrew her fingers and let her tired legs give out beneath her. She flopped down limply atop Tara, their sweaty bodies moulding together.

“Oh god.” Willow said as she gasped for air, knowing she sounded exactly like an unfit horse at the end of a gallop. “I know I’m squashing you but I really can’t move.”

“You’re just fine where you are,” Tara replied in a breathless voice of her own, letting her hands roam contentedly over Willow’s sweaty back. “Although you may need to have your couch professionally cleaned.”

Willow eventually managed to roll over slightly so her body was only half atop Tara’s. With one hand, she reached for the throw rug folded atop the back of the couch and tugged it down. Between the two of them and their lazy, half-co-ordinated efforts, they managed to get it to cover most of their entwined form. Snug and warm, Willow nuzzled down into the narrow gap between the sweet-smelling flank of her girlfriend and the back of the couch. With a satisfied smile on her face, she propped her chin on Tara’s shoulder and closed her eyes. She didn’t want to think about moving. Any thoughts of the future which went beyond being curled up on the couch with Tara were dismissed. At that moment, it was all she wanted to do for the rest of her life.

As she listened to Tara’s breathing slow, Willow found herself drifting off to sleep. This must be what love feels like…

Post subject: Re: The Moth and the Star (Updated 6 Dec '10)
PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Dibs!

Wooo... That was some update :)

I like the fact that both Tara and Willow struggled with Tara's actions, and that both needed to clear the air.

Tara's disclosure of what happened with Audrey was poignant and well done... and it seems as though Willow is really growing up.

This line got me right in the gut:

Quote:
This must be what love feels like…

This short sentence is charged on so many levels. Wow. I don't think that it had much to do with the sweaty make-up sex (which was totally smokin hot), but plays on the emotions that she's felt for Tara--the worry, concern, etc. I thought it was perfect.

Love the update... hope your busy months are over and to see some more from this lovely story soon!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:00 pm 
3. Flaming O

amazing update! :wtkiss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:18 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awesome update! I'm glad Tara was able to recover and to have the confidence to go to Willow and explain her behaviour. And hooray for Willow welcoming her with open arms, open mind, open heart. Well done, as usual! Oh and the sweaty nakedness on the leather couch....?! Perfect :)
I eagerly await the "well we're rested and already naked so..." moment.
;-)

Shiraz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:11 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 6
Great update! Good that Tara found the courage to go to Willow at 5 am :p. And a big yay for (pseudo-)makeup-sex. Gotta love it.

Are you going to update VR II somtime too? I love that story...

:kitty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:57 am 
8. Vixen

What a treat to find you had updated. I look at this almost every time and hope that an update will be coming soon. But I can't complain....

Quote:
Willow replied with a frown, “We had sex and then I spent six months doing my best to drive you insane. I think you would have been better off sticking with Oprah.”

I loved this quote, it made me laugh out loud.

I hope your life is settling down so you can write more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:59 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Oh Thank God! I'm so glad Tara decided to go have the talk. I knew it would be rough, but Willow's response was perfect. You described Tara's turmoil, the tossing and turning, until she just couldn't stand it anymore, just perfectly so that we felt it all. And of course, I'm right with Willow about wanting to kick the asshole in the balls. What a relief that Tara finally told her everything about Audrey, and this "new Willow" actually felt bad about what she did to her when they first met. She has grown so much, it's beautiful.

And now that is all resolved, they can start to move forward again. Of course, that poor couch will never be the same.

Quote:
This is sex – good, old-fashioned, hot, lesbian-type fucking.

Yes, yes, it is. Thank you very much!

And last but not least, Willow realizing what love feels like. I think I swooned.

Great job again! Loved every. single. word.

Wimpy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:13 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Big yay for Tara going to Willow's place in 5am in pyjamas... I'm really glad that Tara told Willow about Audrey & David... I really liked their pseudo-make-up-sex. Willow really needs to have that couch professionally cleaned now ;-) ... I'm really really glad that Willow have started to figure out what Tara-loving feels like...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 349 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next