The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Taking A Bite Outta The Apple [AU] (Oct 13th)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:42 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

This really is a clash of cultures and styles what with Willow being the rural small town girl and Tara being the New York City girl.
A Willow and Tara version of The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse if they were both rodents.
I did say that food is a part of my many fantasies involving Willow and Tara so I can totally see Tara darting her tongue out to capture a string of cheese dangling from the end of her slice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:07 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

oh, you´re back!

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:56 am 
5. Willowhand

That is so good! Tara as the city girl an Willow small town. Update soon please!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

False Euphoria ~~~ Eternity Again

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:44 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Quote:
“Oh my god, Craig. Oh my god.”

“She’s gorgeous,” Craig commented, understanding what his friend meant instantly.

“Gorgeous? She’s a goddess! Did you see her hair? And those eyes? And that perfect shapely body. Do you know how hard it is not to just grab her and kiss her and touch her and oh god, Craig, I don’t know how I’ve managed to stay so composed this last hour.”

“Whoa, blondie,” Craig replied, holding Tara’s shoulder’s firmly, “You don’t freak out over girls. You never freak out over girls.”

“But her eyes…” Tara said with a pleading tone.

Hahaha... they just keep getting cuter and cuter.

More please :wtkiss

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:29 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Update below!

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:30 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: These things are a bitch to write a different account for every time, so here’s the deal; I DON’T OWN THE CHARACTERS. Never have, never will, just borrowing them to continue my existence in happy denial-land.

SUMMARY: Willow leaves the only home she’s ever known to fulfil her parent’s dream of her attending New York University, but ends up having her own dreams come true in the process.

SPOILERS: Nope. This is totally Uber. Oh, but I probably will steal some dialogue here and there.

FEEDBACK: I crave it like I crave Oreos and milk. (Which is a lot. Just to be clear.)

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just thought I should note that I think Craig is gonna end up being super campy. Which I know is a stereotype of a gay guy and normally I hate sterotypes as much as the next lesbian who keeps getting asked why she hates men, but I couldn't resist the fabulous campiness. So, uh, yea. Hope that doesn't like offend anyone. I don't mean it to, I swear. Um, thanks to everyone who reads!

Chapter 3

Willow gratefully took her first sip of her morning coffee, trying to visualise the caffeine flowing into her bloodstream in an effort to make it work faster.

“Morning, roomie,” Tara greeted playfully, coming out of the bathroom, tying her hair up in a ponytail.

“Hey,” Willow greeted groggily, her senses coming to full alert as she took in the tiny black shorts and tight-fitting white blouse the brunette was wearing, something she’d become accustomed to seeing in last month, as it was Tara’s work attire. Nonetheless, the outfit had the same reaction on her each and every time; basically stopping all train of thought, “Um, work?”

Willow knew she was lucky that she didn’t have to work to fund her education; her parents had been adamant that she focus on her studies so were paying all her tuition fees and still giving her an allowance to pay for everything else. In her efforts to have some independence, she had chosen her own place to live, hence going for the place with the lowest rent so she would have the spare cash to do what she wanted with.

“Yea,” Tara nodded, rolling her eyes, “Trying to get as many shifts in as I can before college starts. Sorry I haven’t been around to show you the sights much.”

Willow shook her head as she took another sip of coffee, in actuality, she had enjoyed the month or so that she’d been living in the city immensely, Tara had shown her Washington Square Park the day after she arrived, which was just a five minute walk from the apartment, and she had been reading over the study material for her course everyday in the park ever since, as well as getting acclimated to her neighbourhood, and exploring the Village.

The simple fact that she knew the guy who sold coffee on the street corner, Joe, by name, thrilled her. She’d never had much contact with anyone other than family members and the people at synagogue, and even then it had been sporadic, her house at home was situated miles from any neighbouring houses, pretty much isolating her as she grew up.

Being thrust into the flurry of people, everywhere, all the time - though she thought might overwhelm her - actually made her feel great, less pressured. No one was watching her, making sure she was studying, to ‘fulfil her potential, fully and completely.’ She had to admit though, if all that work her parents had enforced upon her got her to where she was now, she was eternally grateful, because life was pretty wonderful at the moment. Even if she had to endure watching Tara looking delicious everyday and having to resist reaching out and touching her.

“It’s no problem. I’ve been enjoying the park and, um, getting to know the neighbourhood,” she reassured.

“Cool. Well, I better go or I’ll be late. Want me to bring home one of those muffins you like?” Tara asked, shrugging on her jacket.

She worked at a coffee shop that doubled as a piano bar at night, had been working shifts there since she was sixteen, the owner was a family friend and almost like family to her. She’d spent the summer working as much as she could so she would be able to ease off and concentrate on study when college rolled around, and in the last weeks before she started, had been working doubles as much as she could, becoming kind of a recluse in the process, only seeing Willow for a little while at night when she arrived home before falling into bed.

On the bright side, she had also found that her dreams were filled with a certain redhead that always made her wake up with a smile on her face. The constant work also meant she wasn’t going out at night, something she generally did regularly, and was looking forward to Freshers Week to blow off some steam.

“Ooh, yes please. Blueberry,” Willow nodded eagerly.

“You got it, sweetie,” Tara chuckled and grabbed her purse, slipping out of the door.

Willow sighed and put her coffee down on the counter in front of her.

At least when I only had my laptop for company, it wasn’t driving me insane with its uncompromising hotness.

She downed the last of her mug and went into her room, gathering stuff for a shower, before going into the bathroom. She came out of the steam filled room twenty minutes later, wrapped in a bathrobe and towel-drying her hair. Just as she was about to go back into her own room, she heard a knock on the door. She walked over and opened it, revealing a smiling Craig.

“Hey, neighbour,” he greeted, smirking at the redhead’s attire.

“Hi. Uh, sorry ‘bout the robe. Shower, ya know?” Willow replied, blushing.

“No problem. I just came over to get a CD Tara borrowed from me.”

“Oh, she left for work. But, um, the stereo is right over there. You could check if your CD is there if you want?”

“Thanks, doll,” Craig replied and walked into the apartment, “So, we haven’t had a chance to welcome you, really. How you settling in?”

“Oh, fine thanks. I really like this place, and New York is awesome. Well, what I’ve seen of it, but it’s cool. And the park is really nice and I was looking around the NYU campus the other day, I’m really excited about starting. And Tara’s really nice. It’s all so different from back home, ya know?” Willow gushed as Craig flipped though the CD’s.

“Oh, I know. I’m from small town Texas, came out here to get away from my bible belting family. You’re Iowa, right?”

“Yep. Iowa. Next to, you know, Illinois. Wisconsin. Missouri...”

Oh my god, what the hell am I saying?!

"But, uh, different to New York. Different and good," Willow finished, hoping her neighbour didn't think she was a complete idiot from her random naming of the states.

Or worse, tell Tara about it.

“You should come out with all of us, sometime…aha, here it is,” Craig replied, picking up a case, oblivious to the redhead's inner turmoil, “When Tara chills her work schedule, we’ll take you out. New York gay nightlife is probably different from whatever you had back home.”

“Oh. Yea, um, I wouldn’t know about back home. I, uh, never really went out,” Willow responded, blushing yet again.

“Well then, you’ll have a blast out here! Tara’s quite the party animal, too, she loves going out and having fun…may not seem like it with work, but she does. I’ve been in college and living in this building for two years, and she was the one who dragged me out, helped me come out of my shell a lot. Plus, you know, the girls go crazy for her.”

Craig smirked as he made his way over to the door.

“Oh,” Willow replied, processing this new information, “Cool. Well, ya know, she’s very pretty. And super nice. So that makes sense. Being with lot of girls.”

“Yea. So, anyway, thanks for this, and good luck with classes if I don’t see you before they start. Say hi to Tara from me.”

“Will do,” Willow responded with a weak smile, closing the door as her neighbour left and leaning against it, sighing.

Great. Has girls all over her. Of course she does, she’s a goddess. Why would she ever want the little inexperienced Jewish virgin from middle America whose entire lesbo street cred comes from watching downloaded episodes of The L Word on her laptop?

Her parents had never really talked about her dating, never questioned her lack of boyfriend, never really questioned her lack of friends at all and when she’d figured out that her fascination with old Elizabeth Taylor movies had very little to do with her fine acting skills and a lot more to do with her beautiful features, she figured her parents apathetic attitude towards that part of her life was a good cover for her not needing to come out.

It wasn’t that she had no intention of ever telling them, her parents were nice people, they had always been able to joke around with her, have cosy family dinners and she saw them more of them than most kids saw their parents because of being home-schooled, but the logical part of her thought that the scholars she had for a mother and father would think she was going through a phase if she came out when she was young, and after numerous research on various forums had decided to wait until they might not think she was ‘experimenting.’ Even if most of those forums informed her that it wouldn’t matter what age she told them, the reaction would probably be the same.

What her parents didn’t control, though, was her computer, so she immersed herself in the online community as much as she could, talking to other gay teens, keeping herself informed on lesbian pop culture and obtaining all the movies and TV shows she could find that even mentioned the word ‘lesbian’ at one point or another. But her life experience was completely zero.

Shaking her head to try and get rid of the bad thoughts and feelings about herself that were coursing through her, she walked back into her bedroom to get dressed and get on with her day.

“Hey, Tara.”

“Hey, Jack,” Tara said warmly to the man approaching her as she wiped down a table, “Or am I still supposed to call you ‘boss’?”

Jack, the owner of the café and bar that Tara worked at, and who had gone to school with Tara’s father and known the family for years, chuckled loudly and shook his head.

“No, Tara, I’ve known you since you were in diapers, ‘Jack’ is perfect,” he said in his thick New York accent, “Actually, I wanted to talk to you about work. Could you come back to my office for a minute?”

“Uh oh. Last time someone said that to me I was held back my senior year.”

“It’s all good, Tara. Just had an idea I wanted to float.”

Tara smiled and folded the cloth in her hand into her apron. She straightened up and followed her boss through the tables and into the backroom, sitting down opposite him in his office.

“So, I know you’re starting college next week…”

“Yep,” Tara nodded, “Pre-med.”

“Your parents would be proud. So would your grandmother,” Jack said with a genuine smile.

He’d been broken up when he found that Peter and Amanda Maclay had been killed in a car accident and had made sure Ruth Maclay, Tara’s grandmother, got all the help she needed to look after baby Tara. He had watched her grow into the young woman before him today, watched her take care of her grandmother when she got sick and watched her learn to live on her own when Ruth died, despite having barely turned eighteen at the time.

“Thank you,” Tara replied, with a sad smile, “I won’t be able to do as many shifts with classes and everything.”

“I know. But I just got word from one of my regular pianists, he works the Tuesday/Thursday, you know, the ‘Classic Ballads’ set?”

Tara nodded, familiar with the different themed nights at the bar.

“So apparently he met some broad, uh, woman, sorry, woman,” Jack coughed when he saw Tara give him a mock-stern glare, “Met a woman on vacation in Hawaii and decided to up and marry her. Can you believe that? Barely know each other two weeks. So, anyway, he says he’s moving out there, wants to live his life ‘on the island’. Like, what, with coconut phones? I don’t know. But that leaves me with space to fill…”

“Do you need me to do flyers for auditions or something?”

“No, Tara, I want you to take his place. It’s only two nights a week, you’d be finished before eleven, and it pays double what your waitressing shifts do.”

“Uh, wow, Jack, thanks for the offer, but I’m really not that good.”

“Tara, please, you were in here playing, uh, what’s that guy, Beethoven, Fur Elise or whatever better than most of my regular guys when you were five. And I’ve heard you sing, you’ve got a wonderful voice.”

“You want me to sing?!” Tara asked in disbelief.

“Hey, now. Don’t go thinking you’re not able. Really, Tara, you’d be doing me a massive favour as well. I don’t have time to find and audition someone new. Please?”

Tara closed her eyes, taking in the offer and everything else said. She opened her eyes and regarded Jack with a warm smile.

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Say yes.”

“Okay then. Yes. You got yourself a classics girl.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Taking A Bite Outta The Apple [AU] (Oct 14th)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:37 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... I hope Tara soon explains to Willow that while there are women around her she is only interested in Willow...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:38 am 
3. Flaming O

I'll get myself some Thai at the weekend now, I'm all curious. :D Your daily updates make me happy! And I'm glad you forgive me for the pressure, your stories never fail to make me smile so you can't blame me for getting a little bit obsessive. I need my daily dose of grins :D

♂+♂=♥ ♂+♀=♥ ♀+♀=♥

Love Is Love.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:45 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
Damn, I wanted to be the first to comment...

Very awesome chapter. I hope that Willow gets to hear Tara sing and play piano... and that she falls completely head over heels and can't help but fall into her and tell her and yeah....

I am loving this story so far. It is my addiction - so I am really glad that you update every day.

Ok, I am gonna go and float the day away with the little wings your story just made me sprout. :blush

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:50 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Well...good for Tara...that should go pretty far toward driving poor Willow absolutely crazy... Loving the whole secret attraction they have for each other - it's fun to read!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Niiiiiice...

Hopefully Tara will now have more time to spend with Willow :grin

I love stories set around college times :pinky

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am 
5. Willowhand

Oooh great update. Is Craig trying to get Willow and Tara together? Doesn't matter, I still like him. I can't wait until the next post!

I am the Queen of Mosquitoes personified, feel my annoying wrath! ~Willow, The Rose

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:28 pm 
3. Flaming O

Lol. Yes. I think I know that look from somewhere.

Of course I enjoyed. Why wouldn't I?

Tara? Party animal? Can't wait to see that!

PAMS

Last edited by me+you=we on Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:29 pm 
5. Willowhand

I like Craig, he is nice
Poor Willow, she feels so tortured not being able to touch Tara
Awesome that Tara is gonna get to sing :-D
Loving this story
can't wait for the next update

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:19 pm 
8. Vixen

Thank God you are back, I missed reading something really really good every day!
Totally love the idea of the rainbow deck!
That is so Willow... she is in New York and she does reading for classes she hasnt even attended yet. Crazy! :party I wish I was more like that actually :P
Am excited about where this is going, cant wait!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 pm 
5. Willowhand

Wait a minute... No wonder I like this fic so much! Laragh wrote it! (I don't usually look at authors) I love your writing! Keep it up, it's a great fic.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:16 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

so that means more Willow Tara time at night :party I mean to get to know each other..and there's a chance for :wtkiss
Quote:
why would she ever want the little inexperienced Jewish virgin from middle America whose entire lesbo street cred comes from watching downloaded episodes of The L Word on her laptop?

aww...don't worry. that is the little inexperienced Jewish virgin from middle America she wanted the most :pinky
keep the good work :kgeek
RC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 6:16 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
her senses coming to full alert as she took in the tiny black shorts and tight-fitting white blouse the blonde was wearing, something she’d become accustomed to seeing in last month, as it was Tara’s work attire

Quite a number of professions ran through the gutters of my mind in contemplating what type of work Tara was doing to support herself and I would still frequent that coffeehouse even though I'm solely a tea drinker to catch a glimpse of Tara in her uniform and there would be a very generous tip under my cup for her.
Quote:
“Tara, please, you were in here playing, uh, what’s that guy, Beethoven, Fur Elise or whatever better than most of my regular guys when you were five. And I’ve heard you sing, you’ve got a wonderful voice.”

Another reason for me to hang out there in the evenings if Tara is going to play the piano and sing torch songs to inflame the desire of Willow.
Can Tara wear a slinky black dress slit up to the hip the nights that she performs?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:51 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

So happy to see that you have started a new story. Like how the story is progressing so far.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:59 am 
3. Flaming O

Great to see a new story, i love it so far. The characters around Tara and Willow will make things really interesting i think, especially with bringing Willow out of her shell. Cant wait to see how this plays out.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:48 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

As always a wonderful story a delight to see you post. I love how easy going everyone is already. Dia :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:40 am 
3. Flaming O

I so loved the reference to virgin lesbo in middle America. That was soooo me when I first came out!! I remember the most experience I had with anything to do with lesbians was the L word and I had 1 friend who was gay, but that was about it!!

Loving the story keep going!!

Michelle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:30 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Update below!

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:31 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: These things are a bitch to write a different account for every time, so here’s the deal; I DON’T OWN THE CHARACTERS. Never have, never will, just borrowing them to continue my existence in happy denial-land.

SUMMARY: Willow leaves the only home she’s ever known to fulfil her parent’s dream of her attending New York University, but ends up having her own dreams come true in the process.

SPOILERS: Nope. This is totally Uber. Oh, but I probably will steal some dialogue here and there.

FEEDBACK: I crave it like I crave Oreos and milk. (Which is a lot. Just to be clear.)

Chapter 4

“You don’t have to hang out with me if you don’t want,” Willow said as her and Tara walked around the NYU campus.

“You kidding me? Only other person I know going here is Craig and he’s a junior. It’s practically law that the only contact he can have with us this first week is to ridicule and make fun of us being freshman. Besides, I like hanging around with you,” Tara replied, bumping the redhead’s shoulder playfully.

It was the first day of school and both girls were walking around, getting used to the surroundings, signing up for some classes for the next semester and seeing what kind of clubs were available. Tara knew, that with her shifts at the café and the piano gig, that she had declined to tell anyone about for fear that they’d want to come and see her, she wouldn’t have much time for extra stuff, but Willow seemed enthralled with all the options surrounding her, and seeing the redhead happy made Tara happy.

In the month and a half that had gone by since Willow had moved into the apartment, their feelings for each other had grown each day, but both were afraid to tell the other, the possibility of rejection looming large in both girls heads, as well as the potential awkwardness of having to live together if and when that rejection occurred. Tara, as well, was adjusting to the depth of the feelings she had for the other girl.

She’d been going out partying since she was sixteen, never having any trouble sneaking past the bouncers, and definitely was not shy about getting up to dance with girls or making out with them in the dark corners of the clubs but she’d never felt an overwhelming urge to be around those girls again, or even any desire to sleep with them, had never wanted them. She just liked having a good time, liked kissing, and that was all she ever felt. That had been enough. Until, of course, Willow stepped into her home and into her life and the concept of ‘enough’ had been swiftly redefined to mean ‘want to spend time with, make smile, touch all over and belong completely to: Willow’.

“I like hanging out with you, too,” Willow replied, smiling shyly. Her face lit up when she spotted a booth a few feet away, “Hey, look!”

She instinctively grabbed Tara’s hand and dragged her over to the small table. The brunette closed her eyes and balled her hand into a fist when Willow dropped it, feeling a tingle go straight through her. Not wanting to look suspicious, she composed herself and a broad grin broke out on her face when she saw the rainbow flag covering the table.

“Queer Alliance, huh? You joining?” she asked, smiling at the two guys sitting behind the table.

“I need to learn more about gay culture than what I know from the ongoing battle of Bette and Tina’s relationship,” Willow said in all seriousness, eliciting a chuckle from one of the guys.

“Take a leaflet,” he said with a smile, “And come along to some of the meetings. We always need new members.”

“Thanks,” Willow replied and grabbed a leaflet, “I will.”

She put the paper in her pocket and nodded her head to indicate they could keep going. They fell into step again and Tara was about to suggest they grab a coffee when she felt herself being lifted in the air and spun around in circles. She heard a group of guy’s chanting ‘freshman’ over and over again, recognising the loudest voice as that of her neighbour’s.

“Craig, put me down! If you don’t I’ll tell everyone about that Bette Midler poster you have posted on your mirror so you can look in it and pretend that you’re her!”

Craig swiftly put Tara back on the ground and pouted at her.

“Tara! That’s not cool!”

The other two guys were snickering beside him and Willow was trying to stifle a giggle.

“Yea well, you should know better than to harass someone who knows your secrets,” Tara smiled sweetly.

Craig rolled his eyes and smiled back at her.

“How’s everything going? You two getting used to everything?”

“I’ve been hanging around this campus since I was fourteen, it’s kinda…normal to be coming here for class. Exciting though, too.”

“Totally exciting,” Willow agreed, nodding eagerly.

“Awesome! Oh, this is Kevin and Ben, by the way,” Craig replied, pointing to the guys beside him.

The guys smiled and the girls smiled back, Willow giving a little wave.

“Wait, is this the Ben?” Tara asked after a second, smirking, remembering Craig talking about a new boy in his life recently.

Craig blushed and joined hands with the guy to the left of him, about an inch shorter than him with black curly hair.

“Yes, this is the Ben. And Ben, this is the Tara, the neighbour I told you about. And, the other neighbour, who lives with Tara. Willow.

Ben nodded and a small smile crept onto his face. His boyfriend had told him about Tara, who was basically his best friend, and how the new neighbour had moved in. He’d also told him about how they both totally had the hots for each other but were both also unwilling to admit it.

“It’s nice to meet the two of you.”

“You too,” Tara smiled and Willow echoed her sentiment.

“So, Tara… Party at your place on Friday?” Craig asked hopefully.

“Uh, I don’t know, Craig,” Tara replied, shuffling her feet.

“What?! But you’re always up for a party! You’ve been pretending to be a freshman for the past two years just so you could throw a freshers party!”

“I know, but things are kinda different this year,” Tara responded and tried to subtly indicate her eyes towards Willow.

Her attempts were apparently unsuccessful, as Willow caught the eye motion and quickly started speaking.

“Hey, don’t say no ‘cause of me, Tara. I’m cool with a party. Totally cool with a party. Completely cool with a party.”

“So you’re saying you’re cool?” Craig smirked. Willow blushed and Tara glared at him, rolling her eyes when he gave an apologetic look, “Party’s on, then?”

“Sure,” Tara nodded, eliciting a ‘whoop’ and a punch in the air from Craig,

“Thanks, doll. Alright, we gotta keep moving, see you guys later!”

The guys departed with an over-exaggerated blowing of a kiss from Craig, leaving both girls giggling.

“So was that Craig’s boyfriend?”

“Yea. One of them, anyway. His nickname is the snake charmer,” Tara replied, pulling a face, “But this guy seems different, I think he really likes him.”

Willow nodded with a smile and they continued walking in silence.

“Wanna get some coffee?” Willow asked after a moment.

“I was gonna suggest that before we got interrupted. Anywhere in mind?”

“Oh, Joe! We haveta go to Joe.”

“The guy on our corner?”

“Yea. He does a great French roast. And he always says I look pretty whenever I stop by,” Willow replied, blushing at the last part.

“Well, you do look pretty everyday,” Tara responded, then cleared her throat when she realised what she said, “So, Joe’s?”

“Joe’s,” Willow confirmed, her heart beating furiously.

She said I look pretty. Everyday! And she’s seen me first thing in the morning!

They walked out of the campus and towards their own block, the short walk filled with talk of classes and schedules, until they arrived at the vendor. The big, burly man got a broad grin on his face when he saw who was approaching. He’d had his coffee stand set up on that particular street corner for ten years, but the redhead had been one of the few to actually ask him how he was when he made her coffee the first time. They’d built up a rapport since then and he looked forward to her daily caffeine fix.

“Hey there. French roast mocha, right?”

“Thanks, Joe. But make it two. That okay with you?” Willow asked, turning to Tara.

“Of course. Hey Joe.”

Having lived in the neighbourhood her whole life, Tara knew all of the establishments around quite well, and was happy Willow seemed to be settling into knowing the people as well.

“Hey, Tara. You keeping well?”

“Trying to,” Tara said with a smile, “But I probably shouldn’t be drinking your delicious coffee if I wanted to keep too well.”

“Government propaganda,” Joe replied with a laugh, as he poured dark liquid into two cups, “Nothing finer for you in the world.”

“Nothing tastes better, that’s for sure,” Willow interjected as she took the steaming cup, “Thanks, Joe.”

“You got it, girls. Enjoy your beverages.”

He handed Tara her cup with a wink and the girls departed with a small wave.

“Um…do you wanna maybe go sit in the park?” Willow asked, “I feel too jittery to go home yet. Heh, guess the coffee won’t help that. But, um, I can go by myself, its cool.”

“Hey, I love the park, I’d love to go sit there. I can show you my secret spot.”

Tara inwardly kicked herself for her Freudian slip, but was relieved when Willow didn’t seem to notice, instead giving her a beaming smile.

“Really? That’d be great!” the redhead replied, walking towards the entrance of the park.

They walked into the park a few moments later and Tara steered them to the left, walking in silence for a couple of minutes, until the brunette grabbed Willow’s arm, pulling her through a small opening between two hedges. The smaller girl spun around a couple of times, shocked by the quick movement and Tara laughed at the display.

“Sorry,” she said through the laughter, “Should’ve warned you I was about to do that. But, um, this is my secret spot.”

Willow composed herself and looked around the area, completely sealed off from the rest of the park by the row of hedges, large trees lining the opposite side, with smooth green grass filling the area in between.

“I know it’s not much…but most people don’t venture in between the hedges, so I always came here when I wanted some alone time…it can be hard to get in the city, y’know?”

“Yea…” Willow replied, still a little dazed, “It’s pretty, though. Oh, hey, I promise I won’t show anyone else or anything. Can’t be secret if people know about it.”

“Thanks,” Tara smirked, sitting down on an area of grass that the sun happened to be shining down on and patted the spot beside her. Willow sat as well and continued drinking her coffee, “Hey, listen, about the party, I’m sorry it was sprung like that, I promise in future I’ll give you more than three days notice, or ask you, make sure it’s okay.”

“Don’t even worry. I’m actually kind of excited. I’ve, um, never been to a party or anything before.”

“Really? Jeez, talk about pressure, I have to make sure it’s great for you now! And hey, once school settles down, you are coming out with myself and Craig, you have to, okay?”

“I will,” Willow promised, still scared at the thought, but knew if Tara was with her she’d have a good time, “So do you need me to do anything for Friday?”

“Nah. Just be your adorable self and I’ll take care of the rest.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Taking A Bite Outta The Apple [AU] (Oct 15th)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Oooh party should be fun... I can't wait!

They're both so cute! Great chapter!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:46 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for good update-y goodness... Big yay for Willow hearing Tara slip that Tara thinks she look pretty everyday... I kinda hope that friday's party leads to lots and lots of :wtkiss

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:53 am 
5. Willowhand

cute that Craig has a boyfriend
and the girls are so adorable
can't wait till they aren't scared to admit they like each other
and for the party :party

Ash :peace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:33 am 
5. Willowhand

PARTYYY! I hope Craig gets them both drunk and they finally get over their mutual fears. Should be fun! Can't wait for the next update.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:48 pm 
8. Vixen

If you find a building like that, let me know, I wanna move in! Can only get better, my current roomie is a total man-whore.
Quote:
“I need to learn more about gay culture than what I know from the ongoing battle of Bette and Tina’s relationship,” Willow said in all seriousness, eliciting a chuckle from one of the guys.

You know, I have learned a lot from them too! Wow, that sounds like a really sad thing to say... :rofl
Sooo, a party...drinks to lower inhibitions... :P

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:06 pm 
3. Flaming O

Aww!! I love this couple. *tear drop*

PARTY! PARTY! :pride

:peace

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18  Next