The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (01/17/11)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:16 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
:happycry :happycry :happycry :happycry

OH my goodness...That was adorable, heart warming...I love these little cute family moments...

oh my... you're gonna make me cry, dude! NOT NICE!!

AWESOME update! Cant wait for the next!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:19 pm 
20. Not one Much for the Timber

Topics: 15
Quote:
She looked away herself as she always had to when Mufasa got trampled, the heartbreaking scene having made her cry on numerous occasions.

Ugh, I hate that part! Damn that Disney and their penchant for killing parents!! When I was a kid and Bambi's mother was killed...I remember crying for days! :sob

Quote:
Tara watched from the doorway of the living room, feeling herself panging with love at how Willow interacted with the baby.

I have to say, there is nothing better than these small moments.

Quote:
What if he was what?”

The side of Willow’s lip quirked into a small smile.

“Our own, Tara.”

I think he already is! :pinky

Quote:
But she knew she had to be realistic. They weren’t talking about buying a kitten or bringing a hurt bird home to nurse back to heath. This was a real human being, whom they would be responsible for.

Ahhh...the joys of reality! And WAY more expensive too!!!

Quote:
He even looks like us.”

“He does have your eyes...”

Hook, line and sinker!

Quote:
“What do you think, little man? You want to be part of our family?”

JJ gurgled and both women felt his tiny hands wrap around one of their fingers.

Willow felt her eyes well with tears and turned to Tara.

“I think that means yes.”

Babies know best!

Adorable, beautiful, wonderful...great update! :love :love :love :love :love :love :love

"Transform your pain. Release your past. And ... uh ... get over it."
~Willow, Where The Wild Things Are

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:15 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Aww, yay! That was sweet! And I love that Willow has all the disney movies already to keep him entertained :P Very cute!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:32 am 
10. Troll Hammer

Loved the updates. I knew Willow and Tara wouldn't be able to deny the cute face of a chubby little baby. I think they were officially his parents after JJ peed on them. Can't wait to see what their friends reaction will be when they find out.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:35 pm 

Loved the mini dibs-ing war, and LOL to you love_2003...he dibbed them when he peed on them, hee hee hee!

I too hope that the adoption process is very smooth for them!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

Last edited by LonelyTara on Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
“God bless the fact that you’re a Disney film aficionado. He’s been quiet all afternoon.”

His mothers have impeccable taste in Disney films as they can get him hooked early on the really smokin' hot heroines in Ariel and Belle.
Now they just need to watch Alladin so he can feast his eyes on sultry Princess Jasmine.
Quote:
I met you so that you could complete me, Tara. And I think we met this little guy so that he could complete our family.”

Fate has a way of rewarding those who are deserving of its blessing in extraordinary ways and this was such a confluence of signs and portents that there was no way Willow and Tara could ever even consider giving JJ back to the state.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Promthea128

Quote:
Dibs.

Well done!

Quote:
Yay, they're gonna keep him! JJ Rosenberg-MaClay.

:balloons :party And his full, full name is revealed in this chapter!

Quote:
And its gonna be an easy adoption, cause you already filled the angst quotaon this one.

Lol, don’t I know it! Yes, it will be an easy adoption :D

Thanks for commenting!

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Dibs DARN IT I think Promthea128 posted 'pseudo-dibs' before the update actually appeared.

That would’ve been a big coincidence if my post got in before hers even though she posted first...also, you’re a very sore loser :p

Quote:
YAY!!! Great way to start the week. As if there was any doubt they were keeping him. I think if you ended up having them give him back, you would have been kicked off the board

And I would have deserved it! lol

Quote:
Hopefully everything goes well and they're not confronted with any bigoted lawyers.

Like Promethea said, the angst quota’s been filled already :wink

Thanks for your comment!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Big yay for both of them agreeing to adopt little JJ...

Yay for family!

Quote:
Can't wait for Ira's & Michelle's reaction when they hear the news...

They’ll be shocked, I’m sure! :)

Thanks for commenting!

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
OH my goodness...That was adorable, heart warming...I love these little cute family moments...

If you like family moments, you’ll like the last few chapters!

Quote:
oh my... you're gonna make me cry, dude! NOT NICE!!

*hands you tissues*

Quote:
AWESOME update! Cant wait for the next!

Glad you enjoyed and hope you like this one too!

Thanks for your comment!

Finey_McFine

Quote:
Ugh, I hate that part! Damn that Disney and their penchant for killing parents!! When I was a kid and Bambi's mother was killed...I remember crying for days!

What is that about?! If you went by Disney standards, it’d be normal for a parent to die before you even reach double digits. Talk about giving children nervous dispositions.

Quote:
I have to say, there is nothing better than these small moments.

I have no personal knowledge, but emulating Willow and Tara, as I try to do as I write them, I love them having those little moments.

Quote:
I think he already is!

Yep, yep! It just needed to be said!

Quote:
Ahhh...the joys of reality! And WAY more expensive too!!!

Aren’t they lucky the little guy came along after Willow got a steady job!

Quote:
Hook, line and sinker!

Completely fallen :love

Quote:
Babies know best!

I think babies act on instinct, and this little guy just knows he’s met his mommies :D

Quote:
Adorable, beautiful, wonderful...great update!

Yay! Glad you liked!

By the way, you can completely let me know if I totally fucked up the legal stuff in this chapter lol

Thanks for your feedback!

leonhart17

Quote:
Aww, yay! That was sweet! And I love that Willow has all the disney movies already to keep him entertained. Very cute!

Everyone should have the Disney classics in their collection :D and yea, JJ’s lucked out with accessibility to great movies as he grows up!

Thanks for commenting!

love_2003

Quote:
I knew Willow and Tara wouldn't be able to deny the cute face of a chubby little baby. I think they were officially his parents after JJ peed on them.

LOL. Yep, he peed on them, therefore they are his. It’s the law of nature :wink

Quote:
Can't wait to see what their friends reaction will be when they find out.

Their reaction is coming, but some family time first!

Thanks for your comment!

LonelyTara

Quote:
Loved the mini dibs-ing war

People get aggressive over these things lol

Quote:
I too hope that the adoption process if very smooth for them!

You know it will :D

Thanks for commenting!

taralicious

Quote:
His mothers have impeccable taste in Disney films as they can get him hooked early on the really smokin' hot heroines in Ariel and Belle.
Now they just need to watch Alladin so he can feast his eyes on sultry Princess Jasmine.

I :love Ariel so much

Quote:
Fate has a way of rewarding those who are deserving of its blessing in extraordinary ways and this was such a confluence of signs and portents that there was no way Willow and Tara could ever even consider giving JJ back to the state.

JJ found his home the minute he laid eyes on Tara.

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Hacker Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: AU, set in contemporary setting. A lot of W/T fluff and some semblance of a storyline.

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 103

“Are you the Rosenberg-Maclays?”

Both Willow and Tara – who was carrying JJ in his carrier and had a diaper bag over her shoulder – turned from where they were standing outside the courthouse at the sound of the new voice and Willow nodded.

“Yes, I’m Willow, this is Tara. Are you–”

“Hallie. Hallie Rocha,” the woman greeted them with a smile, shaking Willow’s hand, “Your family lawyer.”

“We can’t thank you enough for taking the case,” Willow replied warmly, “Really, we know it’s all pretty sudden.”

“And for getting us a hearing so quickly,” Tara added, “I work for the OCFS, I know these things normally take weeks at the very least.”

“Well this is being classed as an emergency hearing,” Hallie replied, “And Anya is the one who convinced the judge to slot you in, so your thanks should be going to her.”

“Really?” Willow asked, turning to Tara with a surprised look, “She didn’t tell us that. She just said a hearing had been called for this morning. Which was like ‘whoa’ since it’s only Monday morning and we called her on a Sunday afternoon. Judges don’t usually work Sunday afternoon’s do they? We didn’t like, make him or her cranky by pushing to get this hearing, did we? What if–”

“Honey, shush,” Tara said, switching the carrier to her other hand and putting her hand on the redhead’s shoulder, “It’s okay.”

“It’s normal to be nervous,” Hallie offered kindly, “But don’t worry, Judge Cotton has been around for a while. She's a very nice and very fair judge.”

“She’d want to be with a name like that,” Willow laughed nervously.

“Judge Cotton...” Tara spoke up, mulling the name around in her head, “I don't think I know her.”

“Like I said, she's very nice,” Hallie reassured.

Tara looked nervous for a moment.

“Do you know whether she has a more...liberal or conservative view on things?”

Willow's eyes widened in terror.

“Oh my god, you think we won't get him 'cause we're gay?! I-I didn't even think of that. I-I thought...”

Hallie quickly put a hand up in front of her and shook her head.

“That won't be an issue with her.”

Willow exhaled in relief and Hallie pointed towards the courthouse before walking ahead and into the building. She led them over to a small bench and sat down, indicating for the other two to sit as well. They did and Tara put the carrier on the floor.

“This is him?” Hallie asked, peering into the carrier at the sleeping baby.

“This is him. JJ,” Willow confirmed, with a smile and a glance downwards, “Anya said it was okay to bring him with us. We both took the day off work but we didn’t want to just leave him with a sitter, not so soon.”

“You can bring him in,” Hallie smiled, before adopting a business tone, “So you know we’re petitioning for temporary custody today pending an adoption application. The judge may or may not ask you to give testimonies, but if she does, all you’ll have to do is recount the details of how the baby got into your care. I have all the paperwork and references in here.”

“That sounds good,” Tara nodded, before looking at the lawyer, “Do you work cases like this a lot, Hallie?”

“I work a lot of cases on abused and neglected children,” Hallie answered, “I like to think I can hear the cries of wronged children and try to help them.”

Willow smiled and turned to look at her wife.

“I like to think that about Tara, too.”

Tara blushed and JJ chose that moment to start to whimper in his carrier. Tara reached down and picked him up, cradling him against her chest as his sobs got louder.

“That’s his hungry cry,” Willow said, rooting through the diaper bag Tara had put on the floor and taking out the compartmentalised Tupperware box she’d turned into a makeshift formula holder, along with a bottle that already had water in it, before turning to Hallie, “Sorry. Just one second.”

“No problem,” Hallie replied as Willow tipped the powder into the bottle and began to shake it.

“Here you go, little man,” Willow said softly, handing the bottle to her wife.

Tara brought the bottle to JJ's mouth.

“Eat up, good boy.”

“You’re wonderful with him,” Hallie commented, smiling, “You’ll be excellent parents once all this legal stuff is dealt with.”

Willow and Tara shared a loving smile for a moment before Willow focused back on Hallie.

“The legal stuff,” she started, “Anya talked us through it, but you have a better knowledge when it comes to family court. Do you think it’s at least likely that things will go in our favour? I don’t think we’ll cope if we have to give him up.”

“We’ll fight to the death before we let someone take him,” Tara said in a serious tone, before smiling down at the baby, “He’s our boy.”

Willow had to smile at the protective ‘Momma Bear’ instinct her wife was displaying and saw Hallie was about to speak before a young man walked up to them, addressing the lawyer.

“You’re up.”

“Court is called into session.”

Judge Cotton, a woman in her mid-fifties with shoulder-length blonde hair and a warm face banged her gavel before locking her fingers together, a hint of a smile on her face.

“This is a bit of an unusual case. It’s not often I’m approached for temporary custody for a child from a non-family member. Especially a child so young.”

Willow – who was sitting between Hallie and Tara, with JJ in his carrier at their feet, at the small desk in the small courtroom, the only other people besides them and the judge in the room being the clerk and court reporter – paled when she heard that but Hallie just smiled.

“Your honour, this is an all-round unusual case. The child in question was abandoned at a Safe Haven point last Friday, after which he was placed in the custodial care of Tara Rosenberg-Maclay, one of the petitioners, as an agent of The Office of Children and Families, after it became clear that no foster services were available that were equipped with enough capabilities to care for a newborn.”

“Yes, I read the report,” Judge Cotton replied, though not harshly, “And I’m right in assuming that OCFS are petitioning the court for the termination of parental rights for the child’s natural parents?”

“Correct, your honour, which is why we’re applying for temporary custody until an adoption application can be filed, following that termination.”

“I see,” the judge nodded, looking through the papers she had in front of her, “And I see that the local OCFS branch support this claim in its entirety and are confident in leaving Baby 4192–”

“JJ,” Willow interrupted without thinking, “His name is JJ.”

The judge smiled at that and nodded.

“Let the record reflect that Baby 4192 will be referred to as ‘JJ’ from now on. OCFS are confident in leaving JJ in the custody of the petitioners. I’d like to hear testimony from...” Judge Cotton leafed through her papers, “Tara Rosenberg-Maclay. Could you approach the witness box please?”

Willow turned and gave Tara a smile of support, squeezing her hand, which she’d been holding underneath the table. She was secretly thankful that Tara had been the one called up, since she knew her wife had been in family court multiple times before and would at least know the appropriate manner in which to speak to the judge.

Tara accepted the silent show of support from her wife before she stood up and confidently walked across the courtroom and into the witness box, sitting on the seat there and facing the judge.

“Can you state your name and age for the record please?” Judge Cotton asked.

“Tara Rosenberg-Maclay, 25 years old.”

“Thank you,” the judge smiled, “Can you detail the events that led up to b– JJ being placed in your care?”

“Of course,” Tara nodded, taking a deep breath before she began to recount the story, “Last Friday I received a phone call from Buffalo General Hospital telling me an infant had been abandoned there, since they were a Safe Haven point.”

The judge held up one hand.

“Your occupation is as a social worker in the local OCFS branch?”

Tara nodded.

“Yes, your honour,” she replied, clearing her throat nervously for a moment before continuing, “I relayed the information I had received to my supervisor, Stephanie Peterson, and she asked that I collect the infant. I went to the hospital and collected him and the necessary paperwork before returning to the OCFS offices. The hospital had checked their records and there was no record of his birth, so no other family members could be contacted.”

Judge Cotton nodded along as Tara spoke.

“And at what time did this all occur?”

Tara thought for a moment before speaking.

“Between the hours of 1.30pm and 2.15-2.45pm.”

The judge looked off in thought for a moment

“So by 2pm last Friday, May 21st, social services had assumed custody of the infant.”

Tara nodded again.

“That’s right.”

“Okay,” Judge Cotton replied before smiling again, “Please, continue.”

“Right,” Tara responded, placing her palms flat on her knees to stop herself from fidgeting, “Well on my return to the offices, it had been discovered that of the emergency foster care homes, none were available to bring a newborn into their house. The next option was a group residential home, but I felt that they wouldn’t have the capabilities to care for a newborn.”

The judge inhaled for a moment, her eyes narrowing just slightly.

“Our state homes provide excellent care for children in need.”

“I agree wholeheartedly, your honour,” Tara hastened to reassure, “I know our system would be a loss without them. But given the special requirements presented for the care of a one-day old child, I didn’t feel those requirements could be met without at the very least being to the detriment of the other children in the home.”

Judge Cotton gave the barest hint of a smile, but her eyes seemed happy by that answer.

“Go on.”

Tara visibly exhaled that she hadn’t pissed off the judge and glanced over at Willow who smiled in support. Tara smiled back and focused back on the judge.

“When it became apparent that placing him in a residential home would be the only option available, I offered to assume his care until such time as an appropriate home could be found for him.”

Judge Cotton raised an eyebrow,

“That goes over and beyond your call of duty, Mrs. Rosenberg-Maclay. What prompted you to make such an offer?”

Tara was stopped from responding as a shrill cry suddenly echoed throughout the room. Her head shot to the side as she saw Willow scramble to pick JJ up and cuddle him close to her. The redhead was about to stand up and leave the room when JJ let out a small gurgle and stopped crying, falling asleep in Willow’s arms.

The judge watched the scene play out, a mixture of fascination and esteem flashing in her eyes before focusing back on Tara when the baby had settled fully.

Tara kept watching her wife with JJ for a moment before Willow nodded towards the judge, her eyes wide and Tara snapped to attention, looking back at Judge Cotton.

“Sorry,” she said, clearing her throat, “Can you repeat the question?”

Judge Cotton waved a hand dismissively.

“Quite alright. I asked what prompted you to offer to take the infant into your care?”

“Um, well...” Tara was at a loss of what to say for a moment before she decided to speak from the heart, “To be honest, your honour, I felt a connection to him. I’ve been told I have a tendency to get too involved in the cases I work on, and I’d be lying if I said that that probably wasn’t the case, but this was different. I can’t say I brought him back to my home, to our home, with the intention that I would be in family court fighting to keep him just three days later, but both myself and my wife fell in love with that little boy. You said before that you don’t usually get cases for temporary custody from non-family members, but, your honour...we are his family. We may not be linked to him by blood, but he’s a member of our family now.”

The judge listened to Tara’s impassioned plea, that small hint of a smile never leaving her lips and nodded to herself.

“Alright, thank you, Mrs. Rosenberg-Maclay. You can return to your seat.”

Tara exhaled slowly and stood up, wiping her hands against her skirt as she made her way back to her seat, stroking the top of JJ’s hair, since he was now asleep back in his carrier before re-taking her wife’s hand.

“You did great,” Willow whispered, squeezing the blonde’s hand.

Tara gave a small, weak smile and Willow just squeezed her hand again.

“Okay,” the judge’s loud voice reverberated loudly throughout the room a moment later, “I don’t think I need to take this into deliberation.”

Tara sighed dejectedly; if the judge had made up her mind already it probably wasn’t in their favour.

“It’s evident that a deep bond has been formed with the child over this short but obviously influential time. I’ve read over the financial records you provided and can see you both hold steady government jobs. I’ve also observed, albeit only for a short time, how you interact with the infant. I can see no reason why it isn’t in the child’s best interest to stay with the women who have been caring for him. So,” Judge Cotton smiled down from the bench, “I hereby grant joint temporary legal and physical custody of the infant in question to Willow and Tara Rosenberg-Maclay, pending the termination of the parental rights and an adoption application by the aforementioned women. I also order a document be drawn to note the infant’s name until such a time as an adoptive birth certificate can be produced. Good luck with your adoption application, ladies. I have no doubt you’ll be successful. Case dismissed.”

The judge stood and left though a back door as Willow and Tara both stared after her for a moment, their mouth’s hanging open until the redhead snapped to attention and turned to Hallie.

“Did she say...? Does that mean...?”

“He’s yours,” Hallie replied, smiling widely, “Congratulations.”

“He’s ours,” Willow repeated quietly, before turning to Tara, eyes wide, “He’s ours!”

“I heard,” Tara said in a whisper, a tear rolling down her cheek before she wrapped her arms around her wife, “He’s ours.”

Willow squeezed the blonde tightly before moving her head and kissing her firmly, trying to convey the flurry of love and emotion going through her.

Tara cupped the redhead’s cheeks and kissed back for a few moments before pulling back and glancing down at the carrier, a mirth-filled laugh escaping her lips.

She leant down and picked the baby up, cradling him between herself and her wife and watching as his eyes fluttered open.

“You hear that, little man? Not that you weren’t already, but now you’re officially part of our family.”

Willow grinned wildly at the blonde’s words before speaking herself.

“We’re not just the two nice ladies who were taking care of you anymore, JJ. Now we’re your mommies.”

Tara’s breath caught in her throat again.

“Mommies...” she whispered quietly, almost to herself, gazing down at JJ, “I’m your Mommy.”

“You wanna be Mommy?” Willow asked with a laugh, “Okay. How ‘bout you call me Momma, JJ? Not that you’re gonna be speaking for a while, but still. I’m your Momma. Yes I am, little dude. I’m your Momma.”

Willow cooed down at the baby who let out a small squeal, but it appeared to be a happy one. They were disturbed from anymore family interaction as the clerk walked towards them.

“Could you follow me please? I have all the necessary documentation I need you to sign.”

“Oh, of course,” Tara replied, wiping the last of the stray tears that had been falling from her eyes and putting JJ back in his carrier.

The couple stood up and Willow grabbed the handle of the carrier as Hallie finished putting all her papers back in her briefcase. The three women – and JJ – followed the clerk into a small room in the back where Willow and Tara signed all the paperwork that was handed to them.

“And what’s the child’s full name?” the clerk asked, as he stapled two pages together and put them in the ‘completed’ pile, “A notarised addendum will be added to all of his files until the adoptive birth cert is drawn, like Judge Cotton explained.”

“Oh, we haven’t...” Willow started before turning to Tara, “What about Jacob? I mean, we’ll be calling him JJ obviously but for official stuff.”

“Jacob,” Tara said under her breath before she gave a half-smile and nodded, “Jacob. I like it. Yea. Definitely, Jacob.”

“And a middle name?” the clerk asked, oblivious to the fact that he was disturbing a moment between the couple.

“James?” Tara asked her wife, “In keeping with the ‘J’ theme.”

“Jacob James,” Willow grinned, “JJ. Perfect. Do you like that, hun?”

Willow ran her finger down the baby’s nose, who stayed peacefully sleeping.

“Well he’s not arguing,” Willow said with a laugh before turning back up to look at the clerk, “His full name is Jacob James Rosenberg-Maclay.”

“Excellent...” the clerk said under his breath, before pushing a piece of paper towards couple, “If I could just get both of your signatures on the designated lines there...”

Both women signed their names at the place the clerk was pointing before he pulled it back and smiled.

“You’re free to go. And you’ve got an adorable little boy.”

“We know,” Willow replied, a permanent grin attached to her face, “But thank you.”

“No problem,” the clerk smiled, giving a wave as everyone went to leave, “Nice to see you again, Hallie.”

Hallie waved back and followed the new family out of the courthouse until they were standing on the stairs outside again.

“Hallie, we can’t even begin to thank you,” Tara said to the lawyer, “Words can’t even describe...”

“You were the one who won the judge over,” Hallie smiled, “But I am happy to be of service.”

“What’s the situation now, Hallie?” Willow enquired, “Where exactly do we go from here?”

Hallie transferred her briefcase from one hand to the other.

“Well temporary custody lasts for 90 days, but we can have your adoption application ready to lodge as soon as the termination of parental rights has been granted, which should be sometime this week. Given the special circumstances and the fact that you work for the OCFS, Tara, we should be able to push the application through as soon as possible. I’ll do everything I can and keep you informed, but neither of you should be worrying about anything but spending time with JJ.”

“Thank you so much, Hallie,” Willow replied, “We owe you everything.”

“No problem,” Hallie smiled, “I’m delighted I was able to help your family in any way possible. I better go, I have to be back in court at 10am, but I’ll call you as soon as there’s a new development.”

Hallie departed with a wave and a smile as Willow turned to Tara, shaking her head in disbelief.

“Tara, we’re parents.”

“I know,” Tara replied, her smile beaming, “Willow, we have so much we need to buy. A stroller for one, my arm is killing me.”

Willow giggled and relieved her wife of the carrier as Tara stated talking again.

“We’re gonna need to get him a bunch more onesies, some nice outfits too and one of those proper bottle sanitizers instead of just using boiling water and some toys, he needs some proper toys. And one of those carrier things, you know that you attach to the front of your chest, otherwise our arms will just fall off. We’re gonna have to convert one of the spare rooms into a proper nursery, with a crib! He needs a crib! Obviously he’s going to be sleeping in our room for a while, but he’ll grow out of that Moses basket quickly. A changing table, all of our towels are going to be ruined otherwise–”

“The babbling is clearly starting to rub off,” Willow said to herself before putting her spare hand on her wife’s arm, making her stop talking, “We’re gonna have to look into taking some parental leave, but I think it goes without saying we’re taking the rest of the week off of work. It’s not like we’re gonna get a chance for any other holidays this year, so we may as well take some holiday time now. We’ll get everything we need. The room next to ours is painted blue, so we’ll get Jesse and Xand to help move the bed out of there and put a crib in. We’ve got enough supplies at home to get us through the next day or so, so tomorrow we go shopping and buy him whatever he needs. Today, let’s just be a family together. Okay?”

“Okay,” Tara nodded, exhaling slowly, her body and mind still completely shocked by everything that had happened, “That sounds good.”

Willow smiled and moved her hand down to entwine it with the blonde, then glanced down at the baby.

“Come on, JJ. Let’s get you home.”

Last edited by Laragh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (01/19/11)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:01 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs. YAY!!!!!

Great chapter. Hooray for an easy adoption.

Quote:
“I like to think I can hear the cries of wronged children and try to help them.”

I feel like I failed as Buffy addict because I didn't connect Hallie to the character until now. I blame the fact that she's probably been in about 1% of the fics I've read so I wasn't expecting her. Very clever.

Quote:
Jacob James Rosenberg-Maclay

Now I can't get "john jacob jingleheimer schmidt" out of my head. :p

Can't wait for Friday.

Last edited by BuffyFan4ever on Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for awesome update-y goodness... Big yay for JJ becoming official member of the Rosenberg-Maclay family... Nice to see Hallie as a family lawyer... Can't wait for the JJ-introduction party for family & friends...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:22 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... :happycry :happycry :happycry :happycry AMAZING UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

*wipes tears* SO SO SO COOL to watch Tara winning over the judge! And Willow interrupting her with JJ's name! SO freaking AWESOME!!!

GO JUDGE COTTON!!! YAY!

Now JJ is officially the luckiest little guy in all the world...

Quote:
“We’re gonna need to get him a bunch more onesies, some nice outfits too and one of those proper bottle sanitizers instead of just using boiling water and some toys, he needs some proper toys. And one of those carrier things, you know that you attach to the front of your chest, otherwise our arms will just fall off. We’re gonna have to convert one of the spare rooms into a proper nursery, with a crib! He needs a crib! Obviously he’s going to be sleeping in our room for a while, but he’ll grow out of that Moses basket quickly. A changing table, all of our towels are going to be ruined otherwise–”

MY GODDESS! TARA BABBLING!!!! YES! THAT WAS AMAZING! Specially because it's usually Willow who starts babbling like crazy and Tara is the cool and calm one but this time the roles were changed. I loved it!!

Quote:
Today, let’s just be a family together.

They're a family! (there should be an emoticon in the Board of that, lol) YAY!!!!! Goddess, Im such a sucker for baby-family stories... LOL

Cant wait for the next Chapter, dude!! Keep it up!!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:30 am 
4. Extra Flamey

lol, I actually did post dibs when it was just the feedback post up. So sorry if I cheated/stole dibs or whatever. :)

Hallie was really unexpected, so that just made me love her. I don't think I've ever seen her in fic.
Quote:
“I work a lot of cases on abused and neglected children,” Hallie answered, “I like to think I can hear the cries of wronged children and try to help them.”

lol

Also I really love that W and T are adopting, they rarely do, which is weird since a major point of Buffy is that you make your family.

My heart and I have wandered aimlessly beneath the Weeping Willows, searching for the sun. - Hayley Westenra, "My heart and I"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:54 pm 

Adorable update, I'm really looking forward to seeing them getting their little man settled in. I can just imagine Willow at the toy store, LOL. I can't wait to see how Ira and Michelle take the news!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:31 am 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm late I know, sorry, but happy 100th chapter!!! :balloons
And 101 and 102 and 103!!!

To sum up my feelings for the last several chapters, I believe I've fallen in love with JJ, right along with the girls. It is so great seeing them interact with him and he is most definitely the luckiest little boy in the world. They are such great mummies (yeah I know, Aussie spelling).

I especially loved Tara's little babble in this chapter. Nice to see a little role reversal there. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly on the legal front. Also looking forward, along with everyone else, to the girls telling Ira and Michelle!!!

Can't wait for the next chapter,
Laura.

In the end, it doesn't matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.
-Anon.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:05 am 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Laragh,

On 102:

Willow covering J J's eye during The Lion King, loved it! Now I have "Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa" stuck in my head among the many other jangly things there. Just leave Bambi for later, please? And let's watch Finding Nemo next! I love that one!

Apparently, Anya's is the one to know!

On 103:

Their attorney, "Hallie Rocha"? I started snickering as soon as I saw the name, I'm sure Ms. Rocha would be pleased. And the line about hear thing children call :lmao that just set it up to confirm.... niciiice. Halfrek and the actress' name combined....

Lovin' Judge Cotton, and between Tara's answers and Willow interaction with J.J. I'm not sure which locked in her vote. Either way, the best thing was done. No we really know Anya's the girl to know - called in favors even for them....

I also loved Tara's babble, I guess enough rubbing around with Willow and some things got to start to rub off - that didn't sound as pervy in my head until I saw it typed out...

Looking forward to what the do to J.J.'s room, that's be fun for them both.

Great stuff, m'dear!

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:42 am 

:) I love that Hallie was their lawyer/advocate/whatever :P Very funny! I'm glad everything went smooth! They deserve it! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for them!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 am 
10. Troll Hammer

It was a nice surprise to see Hallie as their lawyer. Happy that they are now officially his parents. Jacob James is now officially a Rosenberg-Maclay. Looking forward to when they go toy shopping. I'm assuming that Ira is going to spoil his new grandson.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:07 am 
4. Extra Flamey

21st May?! Me and JJ share a Birthday! :pinky Heehee that makes me happy, 'm glad Will and Tare got him, but then it has to have the happy ending! And Hallie as the lawyer? Genius.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:05 pm 

Quote:
By the way, you can completely let me know if I totally fucked up the legal stuff in this chapter lol

You totally fucked it up. :rofl Kidding, of course! I thought it was pretty darn good!

Quote:
“Oh my god, you think we won't get him 'cause we're gay?

Good thing they're in NY!

The court stuff was great! Hallie Rocha...*giggles* Genius! I loved that Willow interrupted the judge, probably my favorite part and why I love Willow so much...because It never occurred to her not to speak, lol.

Quote:
“Tara, we’re parents.”

“I know,” Tara replied, her smile beaming, “Willow, we have so much we need to buy. A stroller for one, my arm is killing me.”

Reality and levity all in one short exchange:) Love it!

Tarababble...who wouldn't mind listening to that ALL day??!! Not me! ;-)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:27 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Judge Cotton is as soft-hearted as her name connotes with a passion for justice and for seeing that happiness will prevail.
Goin' through the motions to make sure that JJ becomes a Rosenberg-Maclay and thus the circle will be complete.
Willow and Tara are the paragons of instinctual parenthood since they have found the missing element they didn't even know was missing from their lives until they laid eyes upon JJ.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Dibs. YAY!!!!!

Well done! :D

Quote:
Great chapter. Hooray for an easy adoption.

Sometimes fate intervenes and makes things just a little more straightforward for the good people :wink

Quote:
I feel like I failed as Buffy addict because I didn't connect Hallie to the character until now. I blame the fact that she's probably been in about 1% of the fics I've read so I wasn't expecting her. Very clever.

Lol, to be fair, she doesn’t feature often, but I thought she fit the character profile of what I wanted perfectly :)

Quote:
Now I can't get "john jacob jingleheimer schmidt" out of my head.

Lol, the song will forever be emblassoned with JJ’s life :p I almost called him ‘John Jacob’ but then I decided that was taking the nickname way to far, so I mixed it up a bit :p

Thanks for commenting!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
Big yay for JJ becoming official member of the Rosenberg-Maclay family...

Woo and hoo!

Quote:
Nice to see Hallie as a family lawyer...

I think family lawyer is pretty much the non-demonic equivalent of her job :p

Quote:
Can't wait for the JJ-introduction party for family & friends...

There’s a little bit of family time first, but his ‘coming out’ party will come soon :)

Thanks for your comment :D

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.... :cry :cry :cry :cry AMAZING UPDATE!!!!!!!!!

:D Glad you liked!

Quote:
*wipes tears* SO SO SO COOL to watch Tara winning over the judge! And Willow interrupting her with JJ's name! SO freaking AWESOME!!!

They definitely proved their love for the little guy.

Quote:
GO JUDGE COTTON!!! YAY!

Celebrate Judge Cotton for being awesome :party

Quote:
Now JJ is officially the luckiest little guy in all the world...

And they’re the cutest family ever!

Quote:
MY GODDESS! TARA BABBLING!!!! YES! THAT WAS AMAZING! Specially because it's usually Willow who starts babbling like crazy and Tara is the cool and calm one but this time the roles were changed. I loved it!!

I really wanted Willow to be the one cool and calm over this motherhood thing – not that Tara isn’t, but she is naturally anyway and I wanted Willow to take to it naturally too.

Quote:
They're a family! (there should be an emoticon in the Board of that, lol) YAY!!!!! Goddess, Im such a sucker for baby-family stories... LOL

Lol, we’ll have to make our own! :love :taraImage:willow:love

And you’ll love the sequel if you love family stories :D

Thanks for commenting!

Promthea128

Quote:
lol, I actually did post dibs when it was just the feedback post up. So sorry if I cheated/stole dibs or whatever.

Lol, sneaky! But still, you got the dibs, so I approve :wink

Quote:
Hallie was really unexpected, so that just made me love her. I don't think I've ever seen her in fic.

Glad you liked her addition :)

Quote:
Also I really love that W and T are adopting, they rarely do, which is weird since a major point of Buffy is that you make your family.

I thought it’d be an interesting way to bring about their baby, this time ‘round anyway :wink

LonelyTara

Quote:
Adorable update, I'm really looking forward to seeing them getting their little man settled in.

He’ll be settled in as I start to wrap up :)

Quote:
I can just imagine Willow at the toy store, LOL.

Lol, they do go to a baby store, but the all-out toy shopping might happen behind the scenes.

Quote:
I can't wait to see how Ira and Michelle take the news!

Baby gets introduced by the end, but these last few chapters are about their first day as a family :)

Thanks for commenting!

xlaura1

Quote:
I'm late I know, sorry, but happy 100th chapter!!!
And 101 and 102 and 103!!!

Thank you! :blush

Quote:
To sum up my feelings for the last several chapters, I believe I've fallen in love with JJ, right along with the girls. It is so great seeing them interact with him and he is most definitely the luckiest little boy in the world. They are such great mummies (yeah I know, Aussie spelling).

Lol, glad you like the little guy (and I’m with you on the spelling, on more than one occasion I found myself writing ‘mammy’ [Irish spelling], which is weird, ‘cause I grew up between the US and Ireland, but my automatic diction normally falls with the American way of saying something! :p)

Quote:
I especially loved Tara's little babble in this chapter. Nice to see a little role reversal there. I'm glad everything is going so smoothly on the legal front.

Someone said before that the angst quota had been filled on this one and I agree, so definitely smooth and easy adoption!

Quote:
Also looking forward, along with everyone else, to the girls telling Ira and Michelle!!!

It’lll definitely be a shock!

Thanks for commenting!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Willow covering J J's eye during The Lion King, loved it! Now I have "Mufasa, Mufasa, Mufasa" stuck in my head among the many other jangly things there. Just leave Bambi for later, please? And let's watch Finding Nemo next! I love that one!

Who doesn’t love Finding Nemo? :D I had Willlow imitate Dory and Crush in one of my others though, so I don’t want to overdo it on the references.

Quote:
Apparently, Anya's is the one to know!

She is indeed!

Quote:
Their attorney, "Hallie Rocha"? I started snickering as soon as I saw the name, I'm sure Ms. Rocha would be pleased. And the line about hear thing children call ... that just set it up to confirm.... niciiice. Halfrek and the actress' name combined....

Lol, I was unsure what to give Hallie as a surname and then I was like, hmm, what’s the actresses name...that’ll do!

Quote:
Lovin' Judge Cotton, and between Tara's answers and Willow interaction with J.J. I'm not sure which locked in her vote. Either way, the best thing was done. No we really know Anya's the girl to know - called in favors even for them....

I like to think it was a combination of both, the judge saw and heard that JJ was their little guy and made her decision based on that. And yep, they definitely own Anya a very big thank you!

Quote:
I also loved Tara's babble, I guess enough rubbing around with Willow and some things got to start to rub off - that didn't sound as pervy in my head until I saw it typed out...

As soon as I wrote ‘rubbing off’ in the actual chapter, my head went right to the dirty, so don’t worry about it :wink

Quote:
Looking forward to what the do to J.J.'s room, that's be fun for them both.

You’ll get an idea of where they want to go with it in this chapter (since the actual room-changing won’t play out on-screen [being your computer screen of course :p]

leonhart17

Quote:
I love that Hallie was their lawyer/advocate/whatever Very funny!

Glad you liked!!

Quote:
I'm glad everything went smooth! They deserve it! I can't wait to see what else you've got in store for them!

Just a bit of family bonding and introductions – for this story anyway!

Thanks for your comment!

love_2003

Quote:
It was a nice surprise to see Hallie as their lawyer.

Glad you liked her in her new role lol.

Quote:
Happy that they are now officially his parents. Jacob James is now officially a Rosenberg-Maclay.

Me too, I love that they’re a family now!

Quote:
I'm assuming that Ira is going to spoil his new grandson.

He definitely will, though you’ll see more of that in the sequel than this one!

Thanks for your comment!

vazy

Quote:
21st May?! Me and JJ share a Birthday! :pinky Heehee that makes me happy,

Really? Awesome! :D

Quote:
'm glad Will and Tare got him, but then it has to have the happy ending! And Hallie as the lawyer? Genius.

Always the happy ending! And glad you liked Hallie!

Thanks for commenting!

Finey_McFine

Quote:
You totally fucked it up. :rofl Kidding, of course! I thought it was pretty darn good!

Phew! *wipes forehead in relief*

Quote:
Good thing they're in NY!

Isn’t it lucky it worked out that way? It’s almost as if someone just knew what was gonna happen and made sure they moved to one of the 77 states that would both recognise their marriage and allow gay adoption :wink

Quote:
The court stuff was great! Hallie Rocha...*giggles* Genius! I loved that Willow interrupted the judge, probably my favorite part and why I love Willow so much...because It never occurred to her not to speak, lol.

She wasn’t gonna let her boy be referred to with a tag number like a cold cut of meat.

Quote:
Reality and levity all in one short exchange:) Love it!

Glad you liked!

Quote:
Tarababble...who wouldn't mind listening to that ALL day??!! Not me!

A sweet sound I’d happily partake in eavesdropping on!

taralicious

Quote:
Judge Cotton is as soft-hearted as her name connotes with a passion for justice and for seeing that happiness will prevail.

She’s been in the courts for years, she knows great parents when she sees them.

Quote:
Goin' through the motions to make sure that JJ becomes a Rosenberg-Maclay and thus the circle will be complete.

He’s their boy now, nothin’s gonna change that :)

Quote:
Willow and Tara are the paragons of instinctual parenthood since they have found the missing element they didn't even know was missing from their lives until they laid eyes upon JJ.

And thus their family becomes complete (for now :wink)

Thanks for commenting!

Update Directly Below

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Hacker Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: AU, set in contemporary setting. A lot of W/T fluff and some semblance of a storyline.

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 104

“Is this room even big enough?”

Tara cast a sidelong glance at her wife and raised an eyebrow.

“Willow, it’s the exact same size as our room. If we can fit both of our adult bodies into that one, the baby can fit his little one into this one.”

“But he’ll need so much stuff!” Willow replied, waking further into the now-guest room, but what would be the baby’s room, holding JJ in her arms, “Will it all fit?”

Tara walked through the door and into the room as well, looking around for a few moments.

“Well, we can put the crib here,” she said, walking over to the wall opposite the window, “So the sun won’t be shining directly on it. And so he’s safe from the blind cords or if the window breaks somehow.”

“Good thinking,” Willow replied with a smile before gesturing at the wall she was standing in front of, “And then we can put a changing table here and keep the dresser beside it for his clothes.”

Tara smiled and nodded

“And we can buy a cheap second-hand armchair to put next to the crib for night feeds.”

“Yes!” Willow agreed with excitement, then patted the wall right beside the window, “And we can set a bookshelf up here.”

Tara smirked slightly.

“He won’t be reading for a while.”

Willow stuck her tongue out.

“We can fill it with teddy bears until he’s old enough to learn the joy of books.”

Tara walked over to her wife and bumped their shoulders together playfully.

“See? Everything will fit perfectly.”

“Yea...” Willow replied with a soft smile, before spinning around to face her wife, eyes wide, “Can we get those big letter things to hang on the wall? You know, to spell out his name?”

Tara quirked both her lips and her eyebrow.

“His full name?”

“No, goof,” Willow replied with a playful roll of her eyes, “Just JJ.”

“Of course we can,” Tara responded with a warm smile, “We could put a border around the room too. Make it more kiddie than just the blue.”

Willow looked around the room, nodding as she did so, before shrugging.

“We could just make it kiddie with teddies and toys and stuff. Maybe a few pictures. That way we can just change it as he gets older to what he wants without having to completely re-do the walls. Blue’s a solid colour for a growing boy.”

Tara took one of JJ’s feet and gave it a small tickle.

“He might prefer pink.”

Willow lifted the baby up and kissed his forehead.

“And we’ll love him no matter what.”

JJ looked his redheaded mother in the eye for a moment, then suddenly started whimpering before bursting into full blown tears.

Both women spoke at the same time.

“Hungry cry.”

The couple shared a smile and Willow bounced the baby in her arms to comfort him.

“I’ll go get him a bottle.”

“I’ll be down in a few minutes,” Tara replied, stroking the baby’s head as he started to quieten, “I just need to go to the bathroom.”

“Okay,” Willow smiled at her wife before starting to walk out the door, “Come on, honey, I’ll get you some food.”

She made her way downstairs and into the kitchen, placing JJ in his carrier as she went over to the feeding stuff.

“Okay, my beautiful boy, you have a choice of formula or formula? What’s it gonna be?”

JJ gurgled in his carrier, sitting atop the island and Willow laughed.

“Formula it is, little man.”

She made up the mixture and shook the bottle up and down just as Tara walked into the room, back from the bathroom.

“There’s my family,” Tara grinned, going over and wrapping her arms around the redhead’s waist from behind, “Hey, you.”

“God, Tara, I still can’t believe it,” Willow whispered, leaning into the embrace, “We’re mothers. He’s our child.”

“Our little boy,” Tara replied softly, taking a hold of one of JJ’s feet, “And it’s only been a matter of hours since the hearing, I think it’s normal that it’s gonna take some time to sink in.”

Willow chuckled quietly.

“Well I guess that’s true. I think I’m getting used to no sleep, as well. Like, we got what, 3 hours last night? And I’m totally fine.”

Tara grinned and tightened her hold.

“That’s definitely a good thing. ‘Cause it’s gonna be a while before we get a full night again. And I think we’re maybe running on adrenaline today.”

“Adrenaline and buckets full of happiness,” Willow replied, still staring down at JJ, who was looking back up at his new mothers wide-eyed, “Look at that precious little angel. God if you told me when I left work on Friday that by the end of the weekend I’d be a mom to the most beautiful little boy on the planet, I’d have said you were stir crazy.”

“The most magical of things happen at the most unexpected times,” Tara responded quietly, “And you’re definitely magical, JJ.”

“Jacob James Rosenberg-Maclay,” Willow said proudly, “Dad’s gonna like that we gave you a nice, strong, Jewish name, JJ.”

JJ made a small sound of annoyance and smacked his lips together slightly.

“Oh right,” Willow said, removing herself from Tara’s embrace and sitting on a stool, picking JJ up and cradling him, bringing the bottle she had made up to his mouth, “Lunch. Sorry, little man. Blame Mommy. She distracted me with her nice strong arms. This is the last of that pack of formula, by the way, Tare. I thought we had enough to do us until at least tomorrow but he’s been hungry. Big day for all of us huh?”

Tara, grinning and lost in her own thought from being called ‘Mommy’ didn’t register her wife’s words until the redhead kicked her shin lightly since her hands were occupied with feeding JJ.

“Earth to Tara. Anyone home? Baby?”

“Hmm? Oh right, I’m sorry,” Tara said, snapping herself from her daze, “We need formula?”

“Yea,” Willow replied with a curious smile, “Where did you just go?”

“Just got lost in my own happiness for a sec,” Tara smiled, before grabbing her wallet from the island, “I’ll go get some formula. Do we need anything else?”

Willow looked at her wife seriously.

“Coffee.”

Tara let out a low laugh and nodded.

“I’ll get the jumbo jar.”

“Good idea,” Willow nodded, gently taking the finished bottle from the baby’s mouth before a thought occured to her, “Baby, we haven’t told anyone about this. We need to tell Dad and Michelle and everyone! We need to introduce this little guy.”

“Oh god, yea,” Tara replied, wondering how that quite important task had slipped her mind and putting it down to the excitement and bewildering day it had been, “Do you want to call everyone and ask them to come over after work? Don’t tell them why, we’ll surprise them.”

“World’s biggest surprise,” Willow responded with a playful scoff, putting a dishcloth over her shoulder and bringing the baby up, patting his back lightly, “But I like that idea. I’ll call them while you’re out. JJ should go for a nap so he won’t give the surprise away by crying or something.”

Tara was about to respond when JJ let out a loud burp, making Willow laugh.

“That’s my boy.”

Tara smiled at her wife with their child.

“I’ll be back as soon as I can. Don’t have too much fun without me.”

“We won’t,” Willow grinned, turning JJ back around, “You have a kiss goodbye for Mommy, JJ?”

JJ made a small noise which Tara took as a sound of approval and she walked over to him, taking him from the redhead’s hands and holding him close to her chest, kissing the top of his head.

“Bye JJ. Mommy loves you,” she said quietly, her eyes closing as she inhaled from the top of the baby’s head, “Mommy loves you.”

Willow watched Tara rock JJ lightly in her arms and put a hand on her wife’s hip, making the blonde open her eyes.

“Why don’t we take a family trip to the store?” Willow suggested with a smile, “We can all go together.”

Tara was about to protest that it would be much simpler for her to just go by herself but thought better of it straight away and smiled back.

“Yea. I think that’s a good idea.”

“I wouldn’t be able to leave him either, Tare,” Willow replied with a small grin, “Not even for twenty minutes to go to the store, not today. He needs both his mothers around him and we need our little man. Now does Momma get a kiss?”

Tara’s smile got wider and she leant down to place a soft, loving kiss on the redhead’s lips, careful to keep JJ supported against her.

“I love you more than I ever thought possible,” Tara whispered into the kiss, “You and JJ mean everything to me.”

Willow reciprocated the sentiment by moving her lips gently against the blonde’s until Tara pulled back and kissed the baby on top of his head.

“Go to Momma for a second, sweetie,” Tara said, holding JJ out for Willow to take, “Good boy.”

Willow held JJ as Tara grabbed the carrier and put the straps over the side, then took JJ back and strapped him into the seat.

“I’ll go get him settled in the car,” Tara asked as she smiled down at the baby, “Will you call everyone quickly?”

“Oh yea, sure,” Willow nodded, whipping out her cell phone from her pocket, “I’m on it.”

Tara took the handle of the carrier and walked JJ to the car, strapping him in securely there as well. She smiled when she saw that his eyes had closed and he was sleeping again before quietly shutting the door and hopping into the driver’s seat.

Willow appeared a moment later and got in the passenger seat, a wide smile on her face.

“They’re all gonna be here around 7ish. I just said we decided to have an impromptu get-together to celebrate the start of summer.”

“Xander and Jesse didn’t ask why you weren’t in work?” Tara asked as she started the car and pulled out of their driveway, “Shit, I didn’t think about Alice and Michelle. They’re definitely gonna be suspicious.”

“Little ears, Tara!” Willow hissed, glancing into the backseat, before blushing, “I’m not sure about Alice and Michelle, ‘cause I just told Jesse to bring Al along and left a message for Dad to do the same with Michelle. Buff’s coming along with Angel and I told Becky to be at her computer, I was thinking we could Skype her and Brian. And um...well Xand and Jess just thought I took the day off so we could, you know...spend the day together.”

Tara’s eyes widened and her head flung around to gape at Willow as they stopped in front of a traffic light.

“You told them that!?”

“No,” Willow replied defensively, “Xander just said something about ‘enjoying our snugly time’ and well, what was I supposed to say? I’m actually not helping you take down the baddies ‘cause, hmm, I dunno, I have a child now? Not the kind of news you tell someone over the phone.”

“You could’ve said you were sick,” Tara said, still a little bit peeved as the light turned to green and she continued driving.

Willow rolled her eyes to herself.

“If I was sick, we wouldn’t have been throwing a get-together this evening, would we? I can’t have them thinking I don’t take my job seriously either.”

Tara scoffed.

“And letting them think you took off work so we could have sex all day is taking your job seriously?”

Willow dropped her head into her hands and let out a frustrated sigh as Tara turned into the carpark of the grocery store.

“Tara, today has been one of the happiest days of my life. Can we please not ruin it by having a stupid fight over an even stupider topic? Who the heck cares what anyone thinks about why we’re not in work? We’re not there because we were making our family. You, me and our little boy.”

Tara turned off the engine as she parked in a parking space and turned to Willow, reaching over to take one of her hands.

“I’m sorry.”

Willow raised her head, her features softened.

“It’s okay. I just don’t want this day...spoiled in my memory because we’re both exhausted new mommies and getting tetchy with each other.”

“I know,” Tara replied softly, squeezing her wife’s hand, “But I am sorry. I didn’t mean to get snappy. It’s been an exhausting day, is all. And it’s only lunchtime.”

Willow let out a low laugh.

“How about we have a family nap when we get home? He’s gone down for a long sleep about this time over the weekend, so hopefully he’ll stay out for a while and we can catch up on some shut-eye?”

“That sounds...really, really good,” Tara replied with a tired laugh, then glanced into the backseat, “I’ll run in and get the formula. No point risking waking him up with the loud noises in there. Do we have enough diapers?”

Willow thought for a moment.

“Maybe get another pack just in case? It would not be pretty if we ran out.”

Tara smiled again and leaned over to place a quick kiss on the redhead's cheek.

“Okay. Be right back.”

Willow watched the blonde leave the car and walk quickly into the store. She turned in her seat and looked at the sleeping baby for a while until her wife returned only minutes later and put a plastic bag on the floor of the backseat before hopping back into the driver seat.

“That was quick,” Willow commented quietly, adjusting her gaze towards the blonde.

“There were no queues,” Tara responded, “And I hurried. Wanted to get back to my family.”

The couple shared a smile for a moment before Tara turned the engine back on and began the short drive home. They drove in a calm, comfortable silence for several minutes until Willow started gesturing wildly to the left, speaking in a hushed but demanding tone.

“Tara, pull over!”

“What?” Tara asked, switching her gaze between her wife and the road, “Why, what’s wrong?”

Willow pointed at a particular free parking spot.

“Baby, just pull over, right over there, quick!”

Tara swiftly pulled the car over into the space Willow was gesturing at and turned off the engine, turning to stare at the redhead.

“What is it? Are you okay?”

“Yea, I’m fine,” Willow replied, before pointing out the window with a grin “There’s a baby store.”

Tara turned to look out the window and saw they were parked outside a small store with the name ‘Lullaby’ written in cursive lettering above the door and a small window display set up to look like a nursery. She turned back to Willow and looked at her pointedly.

“Willow, a baby store? I thought there was something wrong!”

Last edited by Laragh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:00 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

DIBS! OH HELL YEAH!

Man, that was PERFECT!! Im telling ya, perfect!!!

I cant wait to see them go LOCAS in the baby store!!! *giggles like a school girl*

Keep it up, dude!!

Last edited by Alex_Vixen on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:01 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs. Darn it!!! :happy

Great update

I love how Willow becomes "overly-passionate" about something she likes. I.e. freaking out over the baby store.

I can't wait to see everybody's reaction to JJ. Wouldn't Anya mention something to Xander? I hope not.

Can't wait for Monday.

Last edited by BuffyFan4ever on Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:08 am 

lol at Willow spazzing out at the baby store! I love that she just let everyone think she was taking the day off for a 'snuggle day' :P I like their idea of a family nap! That's always a good idea! Can't wait to see everyone's reactions at their "summer start" party!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 am 
9. Gay Now

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... I really loved their little family moments... I hope the baby store shopping & family nap helps to ease the tension that have risen from sleeplessness... Can't wait for the JJ-introduction-party...

Posting while nude improves your mood...

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (01/21/11)
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:11 pm 

Quote:
“And letting them think you took off work so we could have sex all day is taking your job seriously?”

Willow dropped her head into her hands and let out a frustrated sigh as Tara turned into the carpark of the grocery store.

This made me laugh and cringe at the same time. It sounds like something my wife and I would argue about and probably have!

Quote:
Tara swiftly pulled the car over into the space Willow was gesturing at and turned off the engine, turning to stare at the redhead.

“What is it? Are you okay?”

Again, laugh/cringe. :paranoid

Quote:
“There’s a baby store.”

I loved that they were in the baby's room making all the furniture decisions together. ;-) Word of advice for Willow: DO NOT buy stuff at expensive baby stores when you can get the SAME stuff you'll only use briefly for half at another store!! lol :smash

Loved the chapter, as always, and looking forward to seeing the reactions to the news of baby JJ!! *I think we seriously need a baby emoticon*

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:37 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
“Is this room even big enough?”

It's a good thing that the rooms in Willow and Tara's house are dimensionally transcendental, for those of you not the Doctor Who geek that I am, that means 'bigger on the inside on the inside than on the outside.'
Quote:
“We can fill it with teddy bears until he’s old enough to learn the joy of books.”

His discovering the joy of books can be primed by Willow and Tara reading to him from the classics of children's literature like "Winnie the Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner", fairy tales from numerous world mythologies, and seminal works of adventure and fantasy like "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh" or "The Hobbit."
These might not be age-appropriate reading selections but I started reading on my own at age three and had my grandmother and parents encouraging me by reading to me nightly as well.
Quote:
Blue’s a solid colour for a growing boy.”

And the controversy, much like the beat, goes on.
Quote:
She distracted me with her nice strong arms.

Tara distracts me with her entire body.
Quote:
her eyes closing as she inhaled from the top of the baby’s head

This is the undistilled raw aroma of innocence and wonder.
Quote:
and I told Becky to be at her computer, I was thinking we could Skype her and Brian.

I'd like to be Skyped by Willow and Tara but that sounds way naughtier than it actually is, doesn't it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:04 pm 

I love family fics, so I can't wait to see how this goes. I'm looking forward to folks' reactions to the news, and to the baby store trip. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
DIBS! OH HELL YEAH!

Woop! Well done!

Quote:
Man, that was PERFECT!! Im telling ya, perfect!!!

Aww shucks, glad you liked!

Quote:
I cant wait to see them go LOCAS in the baby store!!! *giggles like a school girl*

Lol, LOCAS, maybe not so much, they do have a sleeping baby after all, but they’ll definitely get some stuff!

Thanks for commenting!

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Dibs. Darn it!!!

Close!

Quote:
I love how Willow becomes "overly-passionate" about something she likes. I.e. freaking out over the baby store.

Passion’s a good quality to have!

Quote:
I can't wait to see everybody's reaction to JJ. Wouldn't Anya mention something to Xander? I hope not.

Well, she promised not to and I always though Anya was a loyal person and true to her word!

Thanks for your comment!

leonhart17

Quote:
lol at Willow spazzing out at the baby store! I love that she just let everyone think she was taking the day off for a 'snuggle day'.

At least she’s got understanding bosses

Quote:
I like their idea of a family nap!

Lol, it turns into a little more, but it still happens!

Quote:
Can't wait to see everyone's reactions at their "summer start" party!

I think the word ‘shock’ would be used a lot lol

Thanks for commenting!

zampsa19752001

Quote:
I really loved their little family moments...

Glad you liked

Quote:
I hope the baby store shopping & family nap helps to ease the tension that have risen from sleeplessness...

There will definitely be relief of tension

Quote:
Can't wait for the JJ-introduction-party...

Next chapter

Thanks for your comment!

Finey_McFine

Quote:
This made me laugh and cringe at the same time. It sounds like something my wife and I would argue about and probably have!

Lol, I’m the master of petty arguments, I can never let something just go so I was able to channel my own brain there lol

Quote:
Again, laugh/cringe

You can feel the tension brewing...

Quote:
I loved that they were in the baby's room making all the furniture decisions together.
Word of advice for Willow: DO NOT buy stuff at expensive baby stores when you can get the SAME stuff you'll only use briefly for half at another store!! lol

Hehe, I passed the message on and she took note!

Quote:
Loved the chapter, as always, and looking forward to seeing the reactions to the news of baby JJ!! *I think we seriously need a baby emoticon*

Glad you liked and reactions are next chapter! And I agree, this one always kinda throws me with the yellow face.

taralicious

Quote:
It's a good thing that the rooms in Willow and Tara's house are dimensionally transcendental, for those of you not the Doctor Who geek that I am, that means 'bigger on the inside on the inside than on the outside.'

Lol, they are lucky that way

Quote:
His discovering the joy of books can be primed by Willow and Tara reading to him from the classics of children's literature like "Winnie the Pooh" and "The House at Pooh Corner", fairy tales from numerous world mythologies, and seminal works of adventure and fantasy like "Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh" or "The Hobbit." These might not be age-appropriate reading selections but I started reading on my own at age three and had my grandmother and parents encouraging me by reading to me nightly as well.

Except he is Willow’s kid, so he’ll probably read them all on an E-book hehe

Quote:
And the controversy, much like the beat, goes on.

It never stops.

Quote:
Tara distracts me with her entire body.

Me too, dude, me too!

Quote:
This is the undistilled raw aroma of innocence and wonder.

Baby’s emit like natural pheromones that makes you want to take care of them.

Quote:
I'd like to be Skyped by Willow and Tara but that sounds way naughtier than it actually is, doesn't it?

It does. The damned internets making things sound dirtier than they are.

Thanks for commenting

LonelyTara

Quote:
I love family fics, so I can't wait to see how this goes.

Well this is almost over, but the family theme will extend to the sequel!

Quote:
I'm looking forward to folks' reactions to the news, and to the baby store trip.

The latter now, the former next!

Thanks for commenting!

Update On The Next Page

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next