The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (May 31st 2010)
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:18 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was.... AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING smut scene!!!!!!!! :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

I love your story more and more....!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 am 
3. Flaming O

dibs!
Dude that was hot!
I was laughing so hard at Willow when she said that.
Yay 4 updat-y goodness!
Rhiannon x :pride

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 10:21 am 
3. Flaming O

damn it! Missd it again! Lmao

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 11:38 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:37 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Yay! I'm not that far behind on this one! So cute! They're adorable! I very much can feel Willow's pain on finding a job so I hope she finds something soon... curious how their wedding will go! (Are the other Scoobies going to make any appearances?) And I'm wondering about Willow's parent's jobs... little bit mysterious that they never tell her where they're going...

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:04 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

:pinky :pinky WOW!

I love the banter you capture between Willow and Tara.... So playful and fun and loving.... And HOT!!!

Can't wait for more!!!!

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 6:31 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
“You’re the beautiful one,” she whispered, glancing upwards to meet Willow’s eye, “But thank you for making me beautiful too.”

The emotions engendered in that sentence were what drew me to their relationship in the first place.
Everyone has insecurity and self-worth issues and we can consider ourselves lucky if we can connect with the one person out there who takes all of our baggage and, by their loving presence, strengthens our view of ourselves.
Quote:
"Shut up and lick me.”

Another good name for a band which I might use, with your permission, in the story I'm sketching out a preliminary draft for entitled "The Vampire Who Only Drank Cream."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:11 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

All I have to say is....
:thud :drool

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:06 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 22
fantastic story Laragh.

I loved the comments that Willow made to the McDonalds manager, they were so funny.

'Willow you are...the most beautiful, kind, generous, loving, wonderful woman i've ever met. You make my world light up with your smile and I feel so blessed I can make you as happy as you make me.'
Such sweet words from Tara and they show that she loves Willow as much as Willow loves Tara.

'I'm not the beautiful one, you are but thank you for saying so'
Another great line from Tara which again shows the deep love the girls have for each other. Which is reflected in the steamy smut scene.

And this is Willow as I'D want my ideal girl to be as well ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! Willow+Tara private celebration was perfectly naughty and ssssoooo HOT!!!! :blush ;-) :smug . Cant wait 4 the next part :pray :pray :pray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
Alex_Vixen

Quote:
That was.... AWESOME DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMAZING smut scene!!!!!!!!

:blush Glad you enjoyed it!

Quote:
I love your story more and more....!!!!!!!!!

More is here!

Thanks for commenting!!

rhh21

Quote:
dibs!

Quote:
damn it! Missd it again! Lmao

And only by two minutes again! Lol, you’ll get it next time :)

Quote:
I was laughing so hard at Willow when she said that.

Lol, glad I could make you laugh!

Thanks for your comment!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Yay for great update-y goodness...

Glad you liked it :)

Thanks for your comment!

leonhart17

Quote:
I very much can feel Willow's pain on finding a job so I hope she finds something soon...

I’m predicting that she will lol

Quote:
curious how their wedding will go!

Me too, lol. I have an idea of how it’s gonna pan out but you know what these characters are like, sometimes they have a mind of their own!

Quote:
(Are the other Scoobies going to make any appearances?)

Possibaly...:kdevil. Can’t be giving away all my plot points now, can I? :D

Quote:
And I'm wondering about Willow's parent's jobs... little bit mysterious that they never tell her where they're going...

I don’t think it’s that they never told her where they were going, just that they were away a lot (like in the series)I’m just making this up on the spot so it’s subject to change, but I’m gonna say Willow’s dad is a salesman (on the road a lot) and her mother is the spokesperson for some big company – you know, great with almost all people except her own family. Hmm... maybe Ira is a salesman for the company Sheila is the spokesperson for and that’s where they met. Lol, anyway, I probably won’t even end up mentioning any of this but, in theory, this could be their back story!

Thanks for your feedback (and your curiousity about things, you made me think more in-depth, which is always good!)

Cyteach

Quote:
I love the banter you capture between Willow and Tara.... So playful and fun and loving.... And HOT!!!

Glad you liked it!

Thanks for feedbacking!

Quote:
The emotions engendered in that sentence were what drew me to their relationship in the first place.
Everyone has insecurity and self-worth issues and we can consider ourselves lucky if we can connect with the one person out there who takes all of our baggage and, by their loving presence, strengthens our view of ourselves.

I know completely what you mean here. I always thought it was particularly evident in Willow/Tara’s relationship; Willow didn’t feel like the school geek, she felt like a powerful woman when she was around Tara, and Tara wasn’t the worthless, shell of a human that we can only presume her father/brother/family-that-wasn’t-her-mother made her feel like ,she was the confident and beautiful woman that Willow helped he realise she really was.

Quote:
Another good name for a band which I might use, with your permission, in the story I'm sketching out a preliminary draft for entitled "The Vampire Who Only Drank Cream."

You of course have my permission, no need to ask! I remember you mentioning that story back in November when I was writing Taking A Bite Outta The apple, hope the writing is going well!

Thanks for commenting!

love_2003

Quote:
All I have to say is....
:thud :drool

Lol, just the reaction I was looking for! :)

Thanks for your comment!

willowtaralover

Hey Rick!

Quote:
fantastic story Laragh.

I loved the comments that Willow made to the McDonalds manager, they were so funny.

Lol, glad I could get a laugh :)

Quote:
'Willow you are...the most beautiful, kind, generous, loving, wonderful woman i've ever met. You make my world light up with your smile and I feel so blessed I can make you as happy as you make me.'
Such sweet words from Tara and they show that she loves Willow as much as Willow loves Tara.

They have to be the most in-love couple ever portrayed on television!

Quote:
'I'm not the beautiful one, you are but thank you for saying so'
Another great line from Tara which again shows the deep love the girls have for each other. Which is reflected in the steamy smut scene.

Lol, epic love=epic sex

Quote:
And this is Willow as I'D want my ideal girl to be as well

Who wouldn’t?!

Thanks for commenting!

crushdisaster1104

Quote:
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!!! Willow+Tara private celebration was perfectly naughty and ssssoooo HOT!!!!

Yay, glad you liked!

Quote:
Cant wait 4 the next part

Here it is! Enjoy!

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:51 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Hacker Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY:AU, set in contemporary setting. A lot of W/T fluff and some semblance of a storyline.

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 4

Willow loaded some fruit in with the other foodstuff she had prepared into the picnic basket she had set out and placed a blanket on top before quietly walking back into the bedroom and sitting on the side of the bed that Tara was still sleeping in. She smiled and leaned down to place a series of short, soft kisses all over her face.

“Wake up, sleeping beauty.”

Tara shook her head slightly in her sleep and cuddled into the pillow.

“Wakey, wakey, baby.”

Tara mumbled something incoherent and the redhead leaned down again to try and make sense of it. Most of whatever was said was lost in mumbles but Willow did make out the word ‘cuddle’ and settled herself alongside her fiancée and pulled her to her. Tara snuggled into the crook of the smaller girl’s neck and her breathing evened out again, falling back into her slumber.

Willow rolled her eyes and grabbed a small rabbit plush toy from the side of the bed, shaking it on top of the blonde’s face.

“Mr. Hoppy says wake up!”

Tara spluttered at the taste of fur in her mouth and batted the rabbit – a toy she’d had since she was a baby, given to her by her mother – away.

“Alright, alright, I’m awake,” she grumbled, still refusing to open her eyes, “Can we just stay in bed for the day?”

“I’ve already called the gang,” Willow replied, “And made food for us all. Picnic in the park remember? To tell them our news?”

Tara’s eyes flew open and she brought her hand up to her face, smiling as she admired her ring. She then took Willow’s hand and kissed the band on her finger.

“What time are we meeting them?”

“Eleven,” Willow answered, “We’re doing a brunch kinda thing. I was packed some food and paper plates and stuff. Oh, and a blanket, of course.”

“My beautiful girl. Always thinks of everything,” Tara replied, stretching her limbs, then got a seductive look in her eye, “Wanna fool around before we go?”

“Yes,” Willow grinned, “But we don’t have time.”

Tara pulled the redhead on top of her, their faces centimetres apart.

”We have a few minutes.”

Ten minutes later, their tongues were duelling ardently and Tara had managed to undo the redhead’s bra, her hands fondling the firm flesh under her shirt, causing moans to slip out into the kiss. Suddenly Willow found herself face down in the mattress, Tara having slipped out from under her. She turned around and gaped at the blonde.

“What the hell?”

“Well we need to leave soon and I have to shower,” Tara said calmly, grabbing her robe, “Be out in a few.”

“Vixeny tease,” Willow muttered, covering her face with her hands to try and calm herself down.

Standing up a few minutes later she stood up and fixed her bra and shirt before walking into the kitchen and taking some drinks she put in the refrigerator in anticipation of bringing it along, putting it in the basket. Tara appeared after a short while, dressed for the day and wrapped her arms around the redhead’s midsection.

“Sorry about leaving you high and dry…”

“I don’t think ‘dry’ is the right word,” Willow grinned, “And I’m not sorry. You’ll just have to finish it later.”

“You better believe I will,” Tara purred, then saw the basket sitting atop the table, “Oh wow, you really went all out.”

“Well this isn’t just any old brunch. This is our first brunch as future-married people and should be treated in the highest esteem and with due respect.”

“Well then, I’m glad you’re at the helm of it,” Tara said with a grin, “You make anything much more refined just by being there.”

“You mean when I babble endlessly or snort when I laugh?”

“Exactly. Two of the many, many things I love about you.”

“I love you too,” Willow replied with a goofy smile, “Come on, let’s head out.”

The redhead grabbed the basket with one hand and joined the other with Tara’s as they walked out the door and to their local ‘T’ stop and got on the green line that took them to just outside the Boston Public Gardens. They walked into the large park and past the large equestrian statue of George Washington, making their way to the pond area where Willow had said they would meet their friends. The redhead glanced at her watch and saw they were a little early, then her face lit up as she spotted a familiar landmark.

“Hey, look. Our bench.”

She put the basket on the grass as they arrived at the wooden seat and instantly turned to cup the blonde’s cheek and bring their lips together, remembering what the particular seating structure was so important to them.

“Tara! Hey!”

Tara turned when she heard her name being called and smiled at the approaching redhead.

“You know, you don’t have to buy me a coffee every time you see me,” Tara said with a slight grin as she took the Styrofoam cup offered to her, “You’ve more than made up for the spilled one.”

“Well, I still feel bad, you know,” Willow replied with a blush.

The two had been hanging around campus over the two weeks since they’d crashed into each other, striking up an easy friendship. Willow was more sociable than Tara, joining her roommate for campus concerts and had been a member of a few groups her freshman year, but wasn’t overly outgoing either, liking the company of books and her laptop as she had become accustomed to growing up, so making a new friend was something she was happy about.

What she wasn’t happy about was how unsure she was of how the blonde felt about their friendship, particularly whether she wanted them to be more than friends. A passing comment about a crush on Mariska Hargitay had confirmed the liking of girls but she had no idea how to bring up the possible liking of her. She was normally able to read people extremely well and her inability to do so in this situation was frustrating her almost as much as not being able to kiss her beautiful new friend every time she saw her.

“I’m glad you suggested hanging out in the park,” Tara said as they started walking along, “It’s nice to get off campus.”

“This place is really beautiful, huh? All the flowers, and green…and the lake. Hey, have you ever been on one of those paddle boats?”

“No,” Tara shook her head, “Never had anyone to go with and I didn’t want to go on my own. What about you?”

“Nope. But I’ve always wanted to. Do you, um, maybe, wanna…?”

“Yea?” Tara asked, smiling when the redhead nodded, “Then yes. Definitely.”

They made their way over to the Swan Boats and Tara paid the small fee before Willow had a chance to object.

“For all the coffees,” she said as they climbed onto the boat and sat on the bench in the front, “Boston’s so pretty.”

Willow bit her lip to stop herself from replying ‘you’re so pretty’, instead opting to just smile and nod as the boat started its tour around the water.

The two stayed quiet during the tour, but it wasn’t an awkward silence, it was comfortable, that’s what Willow surmised anyway and it was something that pleased her. Normally she felt the need to fill silences with other people up by talking incessantly, it’s how her habit of babbling had developed and being able to be quiet and at ease with herself and her surroundings was just another thing to add to her ‘why Tara is so awesome’ list; a list she had been compiling in her head since she’d met the blonde.

They docked back at the bank and stepped off the boat. Tara walked over to throw her now-empty coffee cup in a trash can and sat on the bench that was next to it. Willow followed and sat next to her friend, a small gap between them. She looked over at her friend, who was gazing peacefully out at the water and inched a little closer.

“Tara?”

“Yes?”

“I really wanna hold your hand.”

Willow held her breath as she waited for a response, her heart beating furiously in her chest. She was expecting Tara to move away or jump up, disgusted, or even to be yelled at for ruining their friendship. What she wasn’t expecting was a warm hand to cover hers and give a small squeeze. She exhaled with a beaming smile on her face, marvelling at how right it felt to have Tara’s hand in hers and turned her hand in the blonde’s, squeezing back. After a moment she decided to go for broke and took another deep breath.

“Tara?”

“Yea?”

“I really wanna kiss you.”

Tara turned to meet Willow’s gaze and parted her lips invitingly. The redhead swallowed to get some moisture back in her mouth and leaned forwards half-way, letting the blonde decide one way or the other whether they’d kiss. The decision was made swiftly and Willow quickly found a soft pair of lips on her own, moving gently. The pace of the kiss got gradually faster until Tara almost timidly ran her tongue over Willow’s bottom lip, asking for entrance, which was readily granted. The smaller girl reached for the blonde’s other hand and held them both tightly as their tongues clashed repeatedly and fervently.

She was blown away by how amazing the sensation of kissing Tara was – she knew that if they did ever kiss it would be incredible, but actually doing it was exceeding anything she could’ve imagined. They continued kissing for an indeterminate amount of time until both felt their lungs start to burn, begging for oxygen. They pulled back and rested their foreheads together, breathing heavily and smiling at each other. After a minute Tara bit her lip shyly before speaking.

“Willow?”

“Uh huh?”

“I really wanna do that again.”

Willow sucked Tara’s bottom lip into her mouth, smiling internally at the memory of their first kiss - and the many subsequent kisses that had followed that afternoon – and how even four years later the touch of Tara’s lips on her own electrified her. She was about to push her tongue forward, to deepen the kiss when something was brought down between her and Tara’s faces, separating them. She glanced to the side and seeing who it was that had put what she determined to be a newspaper between them, rolled her eyes and grabbed the paper, throwing it in the trash.

“If you can’t be nice with your paper, Becky, you shouldn’t have a paper at all.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:11 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (June 3rd 2010)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:28 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Great story about their first :wtkiss ...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

dude!
That was awesome!
I loved their first kiss flashback.
I love this fic! Awesome job!
Rhiannon x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:40 pm 
3. Flaming O

This update was so sweet. I absolutely loved the flashback to their first kiss. It was so cute and very Tara/Willowy. I'm just wondering who Becky is know... Can't wait for the next update. :peace

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:14 pm 

aww that was cute! loved their first kiss! can't wait for the picnic!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:30 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED the flashback scene!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

And who the hell is this Becky person and WHY is she interrupting :wtkiss :wtkiss time??!! --_--"

I cant wait for more!!!!!!!! :pray :pray soon??? for now...

:pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky :pinky

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:29 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Love that your giving us flashbacks of their firsts; how they first met, first kiss, etc.
Looking forward to meeting their friends.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Aw. What a sweet flashback. And Becky certainly as the look of an original character. It will be interesting to read about her.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:30 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
They walked into the large park and past the large equestrian statue of George Washington,

Granted I do have a B.A. in History from the University of Iowa but this must be some revisionist interpretation of our first U.S. president as I'm pretty sure George Washington wasn't a horse.
Unless it was a cunning ruse like F.D.R. never being photographed standing up because the nation couldn't afford the drop in morale which would have occurred if they knew their president was a polio victim.
But I digress...
Willow and Tara's first kiss was so, well, Willow and Tara and also another reminder of how identifiable this moment is to any couple in the first flushes of love...the tentative suggestion...the anxious waiting for an answer...the thrill of acceptance...the electric charge from holding the other person's hand or kissing their sweet lips.
This Becky person; always one, isn't there. I say Willow and Tara push her into the river. :smash
Nobody interrupts :wtkiss on my watch except me and my harmless voyeurism.

Last edited by taralicious on Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:54 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awesome! New fic! Can't wait for a post. :) PAMS! :pride

D :peace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Great story about their first :wtkiss ...

Glad you liked it!

Thanks for commenting!

rhh21

Quote:
dude!
That was awesome!

Glad you liked it :wink

Quote:
I loved their first kiss flashback.
I love this fic! Awesome job!

Glad it worked, I wanted to make it as believable as possible.

Thanks for your comment!

wickedaddiction

Quote:
This update was so sweet. I absolutely loved the flashback to their first kiss. It was so cute and very Tara/Willowy

Thanks, I was hoping it suited them!

Quote:
I'm just wondering who Becky is know...

Ah, all will be revealed!

Thanks for your feedback!

leonhart17

Quote:
aww that was cute! loved their first kiss! can't wait for the picnic!

Glad you liked it! Picnic is now!

Thanks for commenting!

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVED the flashback scene!!!!!!!!!! SO CUTE!!!!!!!!

Yay! :blush

Quote:
And who the hell is this Becky person and WHY is she interrupting :wtkiss :wtkiss time??!! --_--

Lol, you’ll learn more about her now and hopefully not hate her for her interruptions!

Thanks for your awesome feedback!

love_2003

Quote:
Love that your giving us flashbacks of their firsts; how they first met, first kiss, etc

Glad you’re liking the structure...I think there’ll only be one more first, might be a few chapters ahead yet though...`

Quote:
Looking forward to meeting their friends.

You get to meet them now!

Thanks for commenting.

JustSkipIt

Quote:
Aw. What a sweet flashback.

Glad you liked it :)

Quote:
And Becky certainly as the look of an original character. It will be interesting to read about her.

She’s a cool character in my head, I’m hoping it translates onto the page.

Thanks for your feedback.

taralicious

Quote:
Granted I do have a B.A. in History from the University of Iowa but this must be some revisionist interpretation of our first U.S. president as I'm pretty sure George Washington wasn't a horse.

Lol, I did word that very awkwardly. I meant he was sitting on a horse :P

Quote:
Willow and Tara's first kiss was so, well, Willow and Tara and also another reminder of how identifiable this moment is to any couple in the first flushes of love...the tentative suggestion...the anxious waiting for an answer...the thrill of acceptance...the electric charge from holding the other person's hand or kissing their sweet lips.

First kisses are pretty amazing :) Glad I could portray Willow/Tara’s in a way that suited.

Quote:
This Becky person; always one, isn't there. I say Willow and Tara push her into the river.

Lol, I wouldn’t put it past Willow.

Thanks for commenting!

me+you=we

Quote:
Awesome! New fic!

Yep!

Quote:
Can't wait for a post.

Wait no longer :) :)

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

Last edited by Laragh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Hacker Confidential

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: AU, set in contemporary setting. A lot of W/T fluff and some semblance of a storyline.

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 5

Previously:

Quote:
Willow sucked Tara’s bottom lip into her mouth, smiling internally at the memory of their first kiss - and the many subsequent kisses that had followed that afternoon – and how even four years later the touch of Tara’s lips on her own electrified her. She was about to push her tongue forward, to deepen the kiss when something was brought down between her and Tara’s faces, separating them. She glanced to the side and seeing who it was that had put what she determined to be a newspaper between them, rolled her eyes and grabbed the paper, throwing it in the trash.

“If you can’t be nice with your paper, Becky, you shouldn’t have a paper at all.”

“Hey, I hadn’t read that!” Rebecca Hardy, a brunette English teacher in a middle school and Willow’s roommate for the first two years of college, exclaimed, frowning when she glanced in the trash can and saw her paper had coffee and a half-eaten Egg McMuffin on it, “Not cool.”

“You should know that I don’t like getting my Tara-smoochies disturbed,” Willow replied, indignant.

“Yea. We lived together for the first six months you two dated. I’m well aware of the phenomenon that is pissed-off-horny Willow.”

The former-college roommates smiled at each other and Willow jumped up to give the brunette a hug.

“Good to see you. We haven’t met up in ages.”

Tara stood up as well to give Becky a quick hug before grabbing the blanket from the picnic basket and laid it out on the grass.

“I know, it’s my fault. I’ve been crazy busy with mid-terms coming up and stuff,” Becky explained as she sat on the red blanket, “But I’m glad you suggested this. It’ll be nice, the whole gang together. Although, Tara, I guess you see Alice most days at work.”

“Sometimes,” Tara smiled, “She works a lot of different cases.”

Alice Kenter was a fellow social worker who had been with the DCF a couple of years longer than Tara had and they had become friendly almost straight away when Alice helped Tara with her very first case; a reformed drug addict mother who was determined to stay clean for her newborn son but was having some difficulty with her support network. The two had bonded over their empathy for the woman who had clearly had a rough start in life but was trying her absolute hardest to be a good mother. An after-work drink one night had turned into a string of get-togethers and dinners between the two social workers, Willow and Becky.

Brian Green completed their group of friends, he was the newest addition, having come to the gang a year and a half ago when Willow had her brief job at Starbucks. He had been the other barista and helped her as much as he could and after Willow was fired and a failed attempt at asking the redhead out, they had remained friends and he settled happily into the group of girls, despite his protests sometimes that he needed to find ‘guy friends’. He still worked in Starbucks as he did his masters degree in Business.

Brian and Alice chose that moment to walk up together, both sitting on the blanket, Brian’s holding five Starbucks cups, held in a cardboard container.

“Arriving together?” Tara asked with a quirked eyebrow, “Something you’re not telling us?”

“We met on the T,” Alice replied, running a hand through her mousey-brown hair, “And like I have time for a relationship. I don’t know how you manage it.”

“I know what you mean,” Brian added, “Work, school, work, school, I don’t even have time to remember my own name.”

“It’s Brian,” Becky teased, “Brian Ignatius Green. Mr. Big.”

Brian blushed at both the mention of his middle name and the imposed nickname Becky had given him when she had learned it. He decided to change the subject and put the coffees in the middle of the blanket.

“I stopped by work on my way. Mocha for you, Willow,” he said, handing her one of the cups, “Caramel Macchiato; Becky…Cappuccino for you, Alice and a Triple Latte for Tara.”

There was a chorus of ‘thank yous’ and Willow pulled the lid up on the picnic basket.

“And I brought food. We have cheese, crackers, salad, carrots and celery with ranch and watermelon, strawberries, grapes and jell-o. Oh and I have chocolate! Have to have chocolate.”

“Oh thank god, food,” Brian said, eyeing the basket, “I’m still a poor student. There’s only so long I can survive on ramen noodles.”

Willow giggled and handed him one of the paper plates she had brought. In the process, Becky noticed a glinting on the redhead’s hand and grabbed her hand, holding up her ring finger.

“Uh, what is that?!”

“Oh that?” Willow asked, acting nonchalant, “That’s my engagement ring.”

Brian dropped the plate he had been handed, which luckily had no food on it yet and looked between Tara and Willow, his mouth hanging open. Alice grabbed Tara’s hand and upon seeing her ring, started shrieking excitedly, causing a few strange looks from passers-by.

“When did this happen?” Alice asked when she calmed herself down a bit.

“Last night,” Tara said, showing her ring to the group.

“How did it happen, how did it happen?!”

“Jeez, Brian you’re the biggest girl of all of us,” Becky scoffed at the excited man.

“Shut up, two of my best friends are getting married, I get to be excited!”

“You do get to be excited,” Willow agreed with a grin, smiling at Tara.

“Tell us the story,” Alice asked, taking a bunch of grapes and settling herself comfortably, “I can’t believe you’re getting married!”

“Okay,” Tara started excitedly, “Willow was acting really nervous all night, you know, more than her usual jumpy self but I figured she was worried about getting a job or money or something. So anyway, I’m getting ready for bed and I get under the covers-”

“Ooh, awesome,” Brain said under his breath, but Tara heard and scowled at him.

“You will not be getting any of those details,” she said pointedly, before lapsing back into the story, “And Will tells me she wrote me a poem-”

“Aww!” Becky and Alice said simultaneously, making Willow blush.

“And she reads it out, about the first time we met and stuff and the last line is ‘Will you marry me?”. But at the exact same time as she says it, she turns off the lights and the same words are written on the ceiling of our bedroom in glow-in-the-dark stars.”

“Who knew you were such a romantic?” Becky smirked, hitting Willow playfully on the arm.

Willow joined one of her hands with Tara’s and brought it up to kiss her knuckles.

“And she said yes,” she continued the story, gazing into blue eyes, “And I put the ring on her finger. Then she gave me the most beautiful speech and asked me to marry her too. Then my ring went on and well, like Tara said, you’re not getting any other details.”

“Oh I’m so happy for you,” Alice said, leaning forwards and wrapping an arm over both of her friend’s shoulders in a hug, “What’re the plans? When’s the wedding?”

“We haven’t talked about it yet,” Willow replied with a smile, “But Tara wants big and white so we’re having big and white. And that might take us a while to save for, but it’ll be perfect, no matter what. I’ll make sure of that.”

“Of course it will,” Brian interjected, “It’s you two! You’re like the best couple in the world.”

“You didn’t think that when you tried to ask Willow out,” Becky pointed out, teasing her friends being one of her favourite pastimes.

“Well, I hadn’t met Tara until after the asking,” Brian retorted, “And I definitely did not know that Willow was gayer than Christmas.”

“Uh…”

“Oh shush, honey, you are,” Tara soothed when Willow seemed like she was going to contest that point, “It’s a good thing.”

“So…you have any venues in mind yet?” Alice asked.

Willow was about to say no when an idea struck her.

“What about here?” she asked, turning to Tara, “We had our first kiss here and kind of had our first date, unofficially…remember with the boat and everything?”

“Of course I remember. I’d love to marry you here. Can we do that?”

“Another teacher in the school got married here last year,” Becky said, “You have to get a permit but it’s all very easy apparently. And you have to keep it small.”

“We don’t know many people anyway. Just you guys and a few people from work,” Tara replied, “I don’t think our families are exactly on the agenda.”

There was a bit of an awkward silence as Tara’s last sentence hung in the air. Everyone was aware of Willow’s parents being absent since she came out and that Tara didn’t get on with her father, though Willow was the only one who knew why, the blonde preferring to keep her abusive past private. The silence was broken as Alice raised her coffee in the air.

“Well, here’s to Willow and Tara, spending their lives together and being happy.”

“And to the amazing bachelorette party I’m going to throw,” Becky winked.

Willow raised her coffee as well, keeping her gaze fixed on Tara.

“To finding the love of your life and knowing they love you back.”

Tara felt her heart swell at Willow’s words and scooted closer to the redhead, cupping her cheek and leaning down to kiss her fiancée’s lips gently. They stayed kissing as the other three looked on with cheesy grins on their face, before looking at each other and hitting their cups together.

“To love.”

Last edited by Laragh on Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:16 am, edited 5 times in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Hacker Confidential [AU] (June 7th 2010)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:14 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that they have began to plan their wedding...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am 
3. Flaming O

whoop!
Update!
I love the idea of them getting married there!
Awesomly awesome job!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:21 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! UPDATE!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

*runs circles around the KB* WOOHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

THAT was AWESOME, DUDE!!!!!!!!!!! AND SOOOO SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!
AWWWWWWWW YOU CANT DO THAT TO A GIRL!!!!!!!!! *pouts**whines*
I NEED MORE!!!!!!!!!

Please...soon????? :pray :pray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:19 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Oh wow! Yay for an update!

First off, I would like to commend you for being brave and throwing 3 original characters into the mix... I'm super excited about all of the possiblities that this is going to open up for your story. :pinky :pinky

Secondly, I drink Triple Lattes too and the fact that Tara did as well... well that just makes me all warm and tingly ;-)

And last but not least.... that exhange at the end was SOO sweet... can't wait for Thursday to read more!

C.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:35 pm 
3. Flaming O

Awww! It adorable! I can't wait for their wedding! PAMS!

D :peace

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:19 pm 

lol at bachelorette party - that would be funny with Willow... great update!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:18 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Okay so Becky has been spared from being thrown into the river, for now anyway :peace
If I ever get married, I would opt for a small wedding myself since I don't know that many people either.
The bench will make for a terrific altar.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1228 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 41  Next