The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (08/31/10)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 6:10 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

you just got me a little bit hot with the stuff..then you crashed me with the thought..pleeasee kick the gutless Tara, then have the talk :pray
feel like kinda bossy here :blush
thank goodness you have this fic daily-updated :party
great update :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Quote:
"So, wait, what did your Dad catch you doing?”

“He caught me looking at my brother’s Playboy.”

I'm sorry and maybe it's horrible of me, but I laughed until I cried.

Poor Tara, I know that feeling. I hope she works up the courage to tell Willow her secret, and I also hope she somehow manages not to go back home.

We'll see, won't we?

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
leonhart17

Quote:
bam! DIBS!

I’ve said it before, but I’ll say it again, you are a dibs machine.

Quote:
Aww, poor Tara. I hate that she feels like that about herself!

I do too lol. It’s kinda broke my heart writing her so down on herself, but hey, it all works out, promise!

Quote:
I hope she talks to Willow soon (and not just so they can go further, but so that Willow can set her straight and help her start getting over everything!)

She’s gonna struggle, I’m not gonna lie...

Thanks for commenting!

edib

Quote:
thanks for the update

No worries :)

Quote:
wonder what tara's secret is????

No real secret other than what’s already been revealed – as far as Tara’s concerned, their relationship will have to end once school does because she’ll be dragged back to her father’s house. That and her abusive past.

Thanks for your comment!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
I truly hope that Willow's unconditional love allows Tara to open up and tell Willow about her darkest fears and secrets so that Willow can help her conquer her fears and so that they can start figuring out a way for Tara going home with Willow at the end of the school year...

Tara’s mindset is explored a little further in this chapter so you’ll see why she’s still having trouble with everything...

Thanks for your feedback!

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
Dude.....you wanna make me cry, dont you?? *pouts* It was getting kinda hot and all and suddenly....all with the sad thoughts.... *pouts more*

Sorry, didn’t mean to ruin the make-out session...but this fic is very focused on how Tara struggles with herself and everything, so it had to go in there.

Quote:
I hope they talk soon and Willow shows Tara there's nothing to fear because Tara will be going with her and they're gonna live happily ever after.... And they're gonna kick Tara father's ass in the process....

Well I do promise they’ll live happily ever after. Oh and...please don’t hate me at the end of this chapter, okay?

Thanks for your comment!

Morrigan

Quote:
Lots of cuteness.

Have to include the cuteness :)

Quote:
I have to wonder if Tara's father has her future already planned in some way, and that is the secret - whether it be an arranged marriage, or a private college somewhere that keeps close tabs on the students (and yes, those do exist..there is one near where i live that does not allow female students off campus at all without a chaperon.)

First off, whoa, colleges like that sound horrible! College is all about spreading your wings a little. Tara’s father does, to an extent, have her future planned – in that he wants her as a domestic slave basically. Her secret is that she thinks she’ll have to leave Willow once school ends and can’t bring herself to tell her.

LonelyTara

Quote:
Man, I feel like my emotions were dragged up and down so many times they've got whiplash. Broken immortal soul and whiplashed emotions...see what you do to me?

Damn, that’s like a full-on assault. I should be sent to kitten jail :p

Quote:
Makes me very nervous. :( No Tara leaving!

Hey now, don’t be worried. This is just Tara projecting right now, not necessarily what’s the definitive future.

Thanks for your comment!

arsyadriani

Quote:
you just got me a little bit hot with the stuff..then you crashed me with the thought..pleeasee kick the gutless Tara, then have the talk

Tara still has a lot of inner turmoil to work through...

Quote:
feel like kinda bossy here

Bossy is good :p

Thanks for commenting!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
I'm sorry and maybe it's horrible of me, but I laughed until I cried.

My friend (who I force to read this stuff before I post even though she's never watched Buffy :p) laughed too!

Quote:
Poor Tara, I know that feeling. I hope she works up the courage to tell Willow her secret, and I also hope she somehow manages not to go back home.

We'll see, won't we?

You will indeed :)

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:01 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Close Quarters

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: What happens when Willow and Tara are thrown together far away from home? Tara has secrets, Willow has a lonely past. They both want to be loved. Can they find it together? (Of course they can, this is me!)

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 14/20

“Hey, Tare, where are you thinking of going to college?”

Tara’s head shot up from her laptop at the unexpected question and she looked at her girlfriend, sitting across from her on her own bed, laptop in front of her as well.

“What?”

“College,” Willow repeated, “I’m just getting all my applications ready, kinda late I know, but I guess I just forgot, I was so caught up in us and everything. But there’s no point in me applying somewhere that’s not nearby you. Where did you apply to?”

Tara was stunned into silence.

College? There’s no way Daddy will ever let me go to college. No way, I’ll spend forever looking after him and that house.

She shuddered as her father’s voice started booming through her mind, the mantra she’d hear every evening as her father’s fists worked to convince her of her worthlessness.

‘You’re lucky I even let you live in my home, Tara. The least you can do is keep it in check. I pay for your food and put a roof over your head, more than you deserve. No man will ever want you, nobody will ever love you, especially when you can’t even keep this home. You’re not even worthy of what I give you here. You can spend your life repaying that debt.’

She closed her eyes and pushed the memories out of her head.

He only sent me here to ‘put some order in my life’ before I finished school. Probably thought spending time with some ‘normal’ girls would make me normal as well. Talking about boys. He’d probably have a coronary if he knew I was spending my time kissing a girl. Look how he reacted when he knew I was just thinking about it.

She reopened her eyes with a sigh and saw Willow was looking at her expectantly, waiting for an answer.

God, Willow...she’s...she’s willing to go wherever I go so we can be together. Oh sweetheart, I’d be with you forever if I could. I can’t let her throw her life away for me. But I can’t tell her about having to stay at home when I leave here... She’ll hate me. For leading her on. For being so weak.

“I’m probably gonna stick close to home,” she managed eventually, trying to clear her conscience by thinking it wasn’t really a lie, “But um, you should apply everywhere. That way I can say ‘my girlfriend got into Harvard’. ‘Cause I know you will.”

Tara held her breath as she hoped Willow would take her jokey suggestion seriously without being too suspicious and exhaled slowly when the redhead just smiled and shrugged.

“Okay. Just for you. I’m thinking of taking a gap year, though. I have no idea what I want to do really. I mean maybe something in computers but that’s really just a hobby, I don’t know if I want to make a career out of it. I could get a job at Starbucks or something and try and figure myself out. They have Starbucks in Alabama, right?”

“Yea,” Tara nodded weakly, “They have Starbucks.”

Willow seemed happy at that and continued typing away at her laptop as Tara struggled to hold in her tears.

What are you doing, Tara? I’ve been so caught up in how I’ll feel when I have to go back to...him...what about her? She loves me. I know she does. For whatever reason, she loves me just as much as I love her. She wants to be with me. She’s planning her life around us. I have no choice, I have to go back home when I leave here. He’ll make me. And I can’t tell her about him...even if she doesn’t hate me, what if he hurts her too? I can’t let that happen. Oh god, what do I do?

“Love you, baby.”

Tara was pulled from her thoughts as Willow spoke the sentiment across the room, not looking up from her laptop. She’d just felt the words and spoken them, it was as natural as breathing to her.

“I love you too,” Tara got out, thanking every deity known to man that her voice didn’t shake.

Oh Willow, I do. I adore you. But I’m not strong enough to handle it if I tell you the truth and you hate me. Or if my father found out and he caused you any pain...either way, I’m going to hurt her. My father was right, no one should ever love me, I just cause anguish. Please forgive me for whatever happens in the future, Willow. We have six months left together. I’ll try and make them as good as possible. For you. For us.

Tara watched as Willow happily typed away, oblivious to the fact that she was being stared at, wanting, not for the first time, to just tell Willow everything about her abusive past and what she was sure would be an abusive future and just hope that her girlfriend would make it all better.

But she couldn’t. She didn’t know whether it was her self-worth issues or the fear of the power her father still had over her, but she couldn’t open up. She’d never had anyone to open up to. Her mother had been her only confidant, but the abuse had only started once she’d died, so she was left to deal with that loss and her mistreatment by her father and brother by herself.

Even if she thought she could get past the dread of Willow not reacting well or the possibility of her father causing her girlfriend pain...the concept of opening up completely to someone - even someone she knew she loved with all her heart - was so foreign to her that she wasn’t even sure she knew how.

She sighed as she set her thoughts in her mind.

She’ll be fine when I leave. She’ll get over me. The pathetic, spineless person I am, I’m not worthy of her tears, never mind her love. She could have anyone. She’ll find someone who actually deserves her and treats her right. Doesn’t lie to her or keep secrets. And maybe if I’m lucky she’ll remember me as someone who loved her more than anything and not the girl who just left one day...

“Okay. Done,” Willow said, again pulling the brunette from her thoughts as she closed her laptop, “Or at least done for now. I’ll get one of the teachers to look over them before I officially send.”

“Good idea,” Tara forced a smile, blinking away the few tears that had formed in her eyes as she pretended to focus on the fuzzy screen in front of her.

There was a silence in the room for the next few moments until Willow piped up again.

“Hey, are you doing something important on there?”

Tara looked up from her screen and shook her head.

“No. Just messing around.”

Willow nodded before biting her lip and exhaling, as if she contemplating something.

“Wanna make out?”

Tara almost laughed at the bluntness but secretly welcomed the opportunity for distraction from her morose thoughts about the future. Before Willow had a chance to realise what was happening, the brunette had stood up and flung herself on top of her, latching their lips together.

“Is that a yes?” Willow asked, running her hands down the brunette’s shoulders.

“Uh huh,” Tara agreed, sucking the smaller girl’s bottom lip into her mouth.

“Mmhh, yea,” Willow sighed happily as her lips were attacked with peppered kisses, “Make the most of our last day of no classes.”

It was the last day of winter break and students had already started to return. The girls had heard the commotion in the halls but opted to leave their fellow peers to their reunions.

But Tara wasn’t thinking about that, she was only thinking about Willow’s plump lips and she pulled back, fixing her girlfriend with an exasperated look.

“Willow, stop talking.”

The taller girl didn’t give Willow a chance to respond as she quickly covered her mouth with her own again and slipped her tongue past her teeth. The redhead moaned and bunched the brunette’s shirt in her hands for a moment before deciding it was too much of a constraint and began fumbling with the buttons.

Tara shrugged the material off her shoulders when she felt the last buttoned being loosened and then flipped them so she could pull Willow’s t-shirt off as well, moaning as the skin of their stomachs caressed each other. She tangled one hand in her girlfriend’s hair, while the other went to cup her jean-clad ass as they kissed passionately, the redhead’s hands roaming Tara’s sides.

Both girls were so lost in each other they didn’t hear their door bang nor did they notice that there was someone else in the room until the loud voice of one of their teachers rang throughout the dorm.

“Hi girls, just checking to see who’s back and – oh my god!”

Willow pulled away from the brunette with an audible pop, her face turning into one of horror when she saw the teacher standing there in shock, her eyes wide. She gulped and looked at Tara, who looked terrified, before looking back at the teacher.

“This isn’t what it looks like.”

Willow angrily threw the last of her clothes in her suitcase and zipped it up, before picking up the pillow Tara had made her for her birthday and holding it close to her chest, sighing. She then heard the room door bang and spun in place, running over when she saw it was Tara who had walked in and throwing her arms around her.

“Oh god, baby, are you okay? What happened? What did the headmistress say?”

Tara wrapped her arms tightly around the redhead and enjoyed the closeness for a moment. After the teacher had caught them in their heated embrace, they’d been given all of a minute to pull shirts back over their head before they’d been marched down to the principal’s office where they’d been separated and brought in individually, both getting an earful from the headmistress.

“I have to move downstairs to a room on my own. Twenty minutes to pack and get down there,” Tara said eventually, not loosening her hold, “She said if she ever caught us in a lewd act on school grounds again, it’d be grounds for expulsion.”

Willow pulled back and nodded her head.

“We got the same spiel.”

“It’s not lewd,” Tara said irritably, “We love each other.”

“Well I know that and you know that,” Willow replied with a sigh, “Who cares what the damn school administration think?”

Tara walked over and sank down on her bed.

“She called my Dad.”

“Yea, she called my parents, too,” Willow responded with a bitter sigh, “Just got their secretary’s though. Both of them. Was your Dad mad?”

Mad doesn’t even begin to describe it.

“He just said he’d deal with me when he saw me,” Tara answered, leaving out the part where her father had said if he heard of one more dealing with ‘whichever Jezebel had corrupted her’ she’d pay the price dearly.

He hadn’t needed to elaborate. Tara understood.

“Well, he’s not gonna see you until school finishes,” Willow replied, trying to look on the bright side, “He has six months to calm down and get used to the idea.”

Oh Willow if only it was that simple. But she’s right. We still have six months. I don’t care what he does to me, I’m not gonna stop being with her until I absolutely have to. But how are we gonna...?

“Willow, ho-” Tara tried to speak but suddenly burst into tears.

“Oh baby, don’t cry,” Willow said, quickly rushing over to her girlfriend’s side and pulling her head to her chest, “Shush, it’s okay. This doesn’t change anything. Well, it changes some things, but it doesn’t at all change my feelings for you. We’re just gonna have to be more careful is all. And crafty. Careful and crafty.”

Tara continued to sob quietly, overwhelmed by emotion.

“But, Willow, how...”

Willow held onto the brunette tightly and calmly kissed her temple.

“Don’t you worry about a thing, angel. ‘Cause I’m gonna come up with a plan, okay? I’m gonna come up with a plan.”

Willow walked through the doors of the dining hall, seeing pretty much every other member of the school already sitting around the tables, eating their breakfast. She hadn’t slept at all the night before, the quietness of being in the room by herself and the fact that she didn’t get a goodnight kiss, a ritual she’d become quite accustomed to, preventing her from getting any decent slumber.

She spotted Tara already sitting at a table by herself up ahead and took a deep breath. She really didn’t want to do this. She’d give all the money she owned to not have to do this. But she knew she had to. She had no choice, right? It had to be done. It was the only way to move forward.

She walked forwards and loudly slammed her hands against the table that Tara was sitting at, attracting stares from the rest of the dining hall. Willow could see everyone whispering – the rumour mill had been running full-speed since the night previous, everyone putting two and two together when they’d seen them being marched to the headmistresses office and then being placed in separate rooms - but she had to ignore them. She had to get through this quickly or she wouldn’t be able to do it at all.

“Listen up, Tara because I’m only gonna say this once. I’m done, okay? No more. No more drama, no more sneaking, no more us. I can’t handle it. I can’t do it. So just stay away from me. Stay out of my life.”

Willow started to struggle with her words as she saw pain and hurt flash through Tara’s eyes but forced herself to continue, putting her hands up as she started backing away, shouting loudly.

“We’re through!”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/01/10)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:02 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs!

What!! Ok, breathing now. If it were any other author I'd be really worried. However, since I KNOW you'd never break them up, it occurred to me that Willow wants people to think they broke up. I'm mostly concerned about whether or not Tara is in on the plan, although I'm sure she is. How are going to hang out as "friends" now.

I hope Tara comes clean about her father soon.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:23 am 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Gack, if Willow didn't let Tara in on this plan I'm worried that Tara is going to run away somewhere and try to off herself. Kitten jail, kitten jail for you, pulling all my tender tender heart strings!

*tiny voice* second dibs

I do love this fic, and you're amazing, just wrenching my guts out here. And how can there only be four chapters left??!! Will there be a sequel??

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:37 am 
4. Extra Flamey

thanks for the up-date ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 am 
3. Flaming O

DAMN IT!!!! Things just had 2 b goin 2 well 4 our girls. Poor Willow 4 having 2 say those things 2 Tara. Even worse POOR TARA 4 having 2 hear it+not knowing that Willow wasnt being serious (at least I HOPE she wasnt being serious). The things u do 4 love!!! Cant wait 4 2morrow+the nxt update 2 see exactly what happens. Hopefully Tara can 4give Willow :pray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:40 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Don't those teacher know that you are not allowed to interrupt Willow-Tara-make-out-time... I truly hope that Willow comes up with the plan that allows them to shedule make out sessions... I truly truly hope that Willow tells Tara about her plan and Tara tells Willow about her father...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:47 pm 
8. Vixen

Hmmmm, sneaky, sneaky....

Diversionary tactic?

Last edited by vampyregurl73 on Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:43 pm 
3. Flaming O

Bad kitten, I want all your fics to be angst free!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

D8 what on earth?! I did not see that one coming... EVER! what the hell is willow thinking, this a part of some kind of plan right, they can't really be breaking up can they?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:03 pm 

Topics: 1
BOO! I hope Tara's in on this plan! And I need Tara's dad to be comatised (totally a word!) in some kind of accident please?!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:59 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

BuffyFan4ever

Quote:
Dibs!

Well done!

Quote:
What!! Ok, breathing now.

I apologise for stopping your breathing!

Quote:
If it were any other author I'd be really worried. However, since I KNOW you'd never break them up, it occurred to me that Willow wants people to think they broke up. I'm mostly concerned about whether or not Tara is in on the plan, although I'm sure she is.

I couldn’t bear to break them up!

Quote:
How are going to hang out as "friends" now.

Willow’ll have a way :wink

Quote:
I hope Tara comes clean about her father soon.

Everything will come out...

Thanks for commenting!

LonelyTara

Quote:
Gack, if Willow didn't let Tara in on this plan I'm worried that Tara is going to run away somewhere and try to off herself.

That would not be conducive to a happily ever after for our girls, would it?

Quote:
Kitten jail, kitten jail for you, pulling all my tender tender heart strings!

If I had to go to any jail, I would want it to be the kitten variety.

Quote:
*tiny voice* second dibs

Not to denigrate this board and this story to playground childishness, but hey, first is the worst, second is the best :wink

Quote:
I do love this fic, and you're amazing, just wrenching my guts out here. And how can there only be four chapters left??!! Will there be a sequel??

Six chapters! (including this one) And I haven’t thought of a sequel, but I did write an epilogue that propels them to what I think is an interesting place in the future that could be fun to write...

Thanks for your comment!

edob

Quote:
thanks for the up-date

You’re very welcome :P

Thanks for your comment!

crushdisaster1104

Quote:
DAMN IT!!!! Things just had 2 b goin 2 well 4 our girls.

Don’t worry, things can go well again.

Quote:
Poor Willow 4 having 2 say those things 2 Tara. Even worse POOR TARA 4 having 2 hear it+not knowing that Willow wasnt being serious (at least I HOPE she wasnt being serious). The things u do 4 love!!!

I don’t think it was pleasant for either of them!

Quote:
Cant wait 4 2morrow+the nxt update 2 see exactly what happens. Hopefully Tara can 4give Willow

Tara doesn’t necessarily have anything to forgive...:wink

Thanks for commenting!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Don't those teacher know that you are not allowed to interrupt Willow-Tara-make-out-time...

They didn’t get the memo lol

Quote:
I truly hope that Willow comes up with the plan that allows them to shedule make out sessions...

Oh I think she will

Quote:
I truly truly hope that Willow tells Tara about her plan and Tara tells Willow about her father...

Everything will be revealed soon :)

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Hmmmm, sneaky, sneaky....

Diversionary tactic?

You’ll find out :)

Thanks for commenting!

Willowfan

Quote:
Bad kitten, I want all your fics to be angst free!

I promise happiness soon!!

lonelylanding

Quote:
D8 what on earth?! I did not see that one coming... EVER! what the hell is willow thinking, this a part of some kind of plan right, they can't really be breaking up can they?!

All will be revealed!

Thanks for your comment!

leonhart17

Quote:
BOO! I hope Tara's in on this plan! And I need Tara's dad to be comatised (totally a word!) in some kind of accident please?!

Totally a word! As much as I agree with you, I think anybody hurting would upset Tara and I don’t wanna upset Tara (anymore :p) But he could stay out of their lives forever...:wink

Update Directly Below

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: What happens when Willow and Tara are thrown together far away from home? Tara has secrets, Willow has a lonely past. They both want to be loved. Can they find it together? (Of course they can, this is me!)

Chapter 15/20

Tara shot up in bed when she heard a knocking on her window and ran over, pushing the large panes of glass upwards. Willow scrambled in as quickly as she could and their lips were on each other instantly, deeply.

“Oh god, baby, I missed you,” Willow’s words rushed from her mouth between kisses, “I missed you so much.”

They walked, locked at the mouth, backwards, until the back of Tara’s knees connected with the bed and they fell back onto it. Willow pulled away and placed a quick, gentle kiss against the brunette’s lips before grabbing the small travel clock on her nightstand and twisting the hand that was meant for the alarm around.

“55 minutes until I need to be back in my room for checks. I set it for five minutes before that.”

Tara nodded in understanding before ducking her head slightly.

“You were...really believable earlier.”

“God...” Willow said, shuddering at the memory of her public ‘breaking up’ broadcast earlier that day, “Even though I knew it was fake and I knew you knew it was fake, it was so hard saying those things to you. It felt so wrong. They actually felt like acid in my mouth.”

“Wasn’t too much fun hearing them either,” Tara replied, remembering how she’d felt as if it were real, that Willow really was saying those things to her and how hurt she’d felt, “Or getting all the stares after you left.”

“I’m sorry,” Willow responded, placing a kiss against the brunette’s temple, “But hey, it worked. The plan worked. The whole school, staff included think we’re broken up so they’ll think that’s the end of it and not probe anything.”

Tara nodded with a small smile. They’d been dragged down to their new separate rooms – on the same ground floor but at opposite ends – before they’d had a chance to think of some way that they could still be together without facing harsher consequences.

Luckily, both had logged onto facebook when they’d unpacked in their new rooms and were so able to converse without anyone else finding out, since the faculty had no reason to suspect either girl had internet access.

They’d been able to think up the fake break-up plan there and had figured out that they could see each other at night time, if Willow left her room through the window, ran the short distance along the outside of the school to Tara’s room – which was easy to determine which one it was since it was the very last window – and then sneak back the same way within the hour. All they had to do was keep away from each other in the halls and no one would think they had anything to do with each other anymore.

“Oh, oh and baby!” Willow said excitedly, her face lighting up, “I was walking around the school earlier ‘cause I had nothing else to do since we couldn’t hang out together and did you know there was a forest behind the hockey pitch?”

Tara didn’t see how the start of her girlfriend’s sentence connected with the last part of it but was quite used to her random topics.

“Um, no,” she replied, shaking her head, “I didn’t know that.”

“Baby, a forest!” Willow said when she didn’t get the response she was aiming for, “A secluded, deserted forest that I didn’t know about and you didn’t know about so it’s pretty fair to say that not many other people know about it...”

Tara continued to look bewildered for a second before comprehension dawned and her face lit up.

“We can meet up there after classes? So we can see each other for more than an hour at night?”

“Yep,” Willow nodded excitedly, “I’ll draw you a map of how to get to the forest and there’s this huge, like huge oak tree right in the middle. You can’t miss it. That can be like our meeting place.”

Tara felt a huge grin break out on her face and swooped her head up to kiss her girlfriend.

“Willow, you’re a genius. I love you.”

“Love you too,” Willow replied between gentle kisses, “Always.”

They continued to softly kiss, never getting too heated, just exchanging tender expressions of love in the wake of the test their relationship had been put under until the quiet ringing of the clock disturbed them. Willow quickly turned it off so the noise wouldn’t draw attention to the room and sighed.

“Yea, an hour at night definitely isn’t enough time with you. Check your facebook in the morning, I’ll post the directions to the forest on your page. You really just hang a left and keep walking after the hockey field. Anyway, I better go.”

Willow jumped off of the bed and walked back over to the window, Tara following her and pulling her into a quick kiss.

“You put a book under your window so it wouldn’t close, right?” she asked as Willow started to climb out.

“Of course,” Willow smiled, now standing outside the room, “Let’s just be thankful the single rooms are all on the ground floor. Although I would’ve trailed the trellises if I had to. Anything to be with you.”

Tara smiled and leant through the windowpane for a final kiss.

“Go back to your room. It’s cold out there.”

“Don’t worry, baby, I’m wearing socks,” Willow giggled before giving a wave, “Love you. Forest, tomorrow, after class.”

Tara nodded and waved back.

“I’ll be there.”

Tara hung her head out the window and watched as Willow ran the short, straight distance to the other end of the floor and saw her climb in her window. She quickly pushed her window down until it was closed and then lay back down on her own bed, looking around the small room. She’d gotten used to hearing the gentle snores of her girlfriend, they almost acted as a lullaby for her, soothing her into a peaceful sleep.

Suppose I’ll just have to get used to the quiet again...

She turned on her side and pulled the covers over her body before feeling around the bed until her hand fell on the familiar feel of the heart-shaped soft toy that Willow had won her on their birthdays. She brought it up to her nose and inhaled it’s scent, smiling when she recognised the aroma of the perfume her girlfriend wore; Tara having sprayed the fragrance on the toy soon after she’d gotten it so it always smelled like Willow.

Cuddling the toy against her chest comforted her and she felt herself start to drift off just before her door opened quietly. She saw the light of a flashlight behind her closed eyelids and kept them closed as the light was turned off and her door closed again, a small grin playing on Tara’s lips.

Their plan had worked perfectly the first night. And it could only get easier from then on, right?

Willow anxiously checked her watch for the tenth time in the past minute and tapped her foot impatiently. Class had let out over half an hour ago - more than enough time for either of them to deposit their laptops back in their rooms and slip out of their uniforms and into regular clothes - and Tara still hadn’t showed up at the oak tree.

She knew her girlfriend hadn’t been kept back in class because they’d both had history together for their last period and she had watched the brunette leave before her as she was still gathering her things. She was just contemplating forgoing their plan and going on a search for her when she felt familiar strong arms wrap around her waist from behind.

“Tara...” she whispered quietly, leaning back into the embrace.

“Your one and only,” Tara whispered back, “Hi.”

“Hi.”

They stayed in that position for a few long moments, enjoying being near one another until Willow turned and put her hands on her hips.

“You’re late.”

“Sorry,” Tara replied, genuinely apologetic, “I wanted to recheck your directions before I came out here. I always just thought this was a line of trees, I didn’t realise it reached inwards.”

“Well lucky for us, it does,” Willow grinned, hooking her thumbs into the belt loop of the brunette’s jeans as she waggled her eyebrows, “Wanna roll around in the bushes?”

Tara laughed and looked around them, eyeing the fallen leaves and discarded pieces of bark that littered the ground before scrunching up her nose.

“It doesn’t look very comfortable.”

Willow looked around them as well and frowned.

“Yea...Oh wait, there’s a green area, I saw it yesterday,” Willow said, pointing behind them and to the left, “It’s um...I think it’s that way...?”

“Up here?” Tara asked, taking the redhead’s hand and walking them in the direction pointed out.

Willow nodded and surveyed their surroundings.

“Yea, it wasn’t too far...it was like behind these two – oh here, through here, baby.”

She pulled them through a wedge between two bushes to an a small-sized area of grass, unkempt but short, surrounded either side by a variety of different trees and plant life all around as the forest stretched even further out behind the grass.

“All we need is an apple tree and we have our very own Eden,” Tara quipped, looking around.

The untidy, probably because they were unknown, gardens were hardly picturesque perfection but it was private and that made it paradise in Tara’s book.

“You can be my forbidden fruit,” Willow replied, grinning at her girlfriend, “Do I get a nibble?”

Tara blushed and the redhead bumped her hip playfully before dropping to her knees and patting the grass. Once satisfied it was free of any wetness or dirt, she stretched out, resting her arms behind her head. Tara followed her lead and lay down beside her.

“My parents finally called back,” Willow spoke up after a moment.

Tara turned her head towards the smaller girl.

“What did they say?”

Willow got a cynical look on her face.

““Mom said it was normal to experiment at our age and it seemed like a waste of time to tell her I wasn’t experimenting, I was in love. Oh and she said that teenagers engaging in sexual acts was standard common practice and was pissed that the headmistress wasted her time to call and tell her,” she responded before turning to Tara, her smile lessening in its bitterness and turning into amusement, “But my Dad wasn’t surprised at all that I was caught with another girl. He said he assumed I knew that he knew I was gay and that we didn’t just talk about it. I apparently ooze gayness.”

Tara giggled softly.

“Well that’s a pretty good reaction overall, right. I mean, no...no anger or anything.”

“Yea,” Willow nodded, before leaning over for a gentle kiss, “Sorry yours was a bit more suck-y.”

Tara just shook her head, not wanting to think about her father and they lapsed into a comfortable silence until the brunette spoke up again.

“You own my heart, you know that right?”

Willow’s eyebrow raised and she smiled.

“Where did that come from?”

“Everything almost fell apart when we got caught,” Tara replied softly, “And you made it all better. You always make it all better. So I just wanted you to know that no matter what, I’ll always belong to you.”

I’m not going to be able to physically be with you soon, but I’ll always and forever be completely yours.

“Well I’ll always belong to you too, baby,” Willow replied, her heart warmed, “I’m gonna marry you someday, you know that?”

Tara’s eyes widened and Willow’s mouth formed a surprised ‘o’ shape as she realised what she’d said.

“I, um...I only meant to think that,” Willow spoke again after a moment, before clearing her throat, “But I meant it. I know you’re my forever. I don’t care how young we are, when you meet your soulmate...you just know.”

Tara didn’t know what to say.

She felt the same.

She felt the exact same.

Often times, when she’d been lying in bed about to drift off she’d have images flash before her of a future where she was actually happy, a future with Willow. She saw them travel together, grow old together, have children together and, as the redhead had suggested, get married.

She hated that she knew they were just fantasies that could never come to fruition. But she clung to them. Because she knew that when she was forced back to live with her father and brother, they’d be all she’d have.

“I’d love to marry you someday,” Tara eventually responded, again trying to ease her guilt over the things she was keeping from her girlfriend by ‘lessening the lie’.

She really would love to marry the redhead someday. She just knew she’d never be able.

Willow beamed at the response though and entwined their hands between them as they both looked up at the sky.

“Wanna cloud-spot?” Tara asked after a moment, needing to fill the silence so she could sidetrack the thoughts going through her head.

“Okay,” Willow agreed happily, “Um...that one there...it kinda looks like...it looks like...a cloud. I’m not every good at this.”

Tara moved her body so she was cuddling into the redhead’s side and Willow wrapped an arm around her shoulders.

“We can just talk.”

“Cool,” Willow nodded, stroking the brunette’s shoulder, “Oh I heard a joke last night online! Wanna hear?”

“Sure,” Tara replied, resting her arm over the smaller girl’s waist, “Shoot.”

“Okay, so a man and his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning, right? The wife said, ‘You should do it, because you get up first, and then we don't have to wait as long to get our coffee’. But the husband said, ‘You’re in charge of the cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job, and I can just wait for my coffee.’ But the wife’s having none of that and replies ‘No you should do it, and besides it is in the Bible that the man should make the coffee.’ The husband is like no way and he replies, ‘I can't believe that, show me.’ So the wife goes and gets the bible and she opens up the New Testament and shows him that it says on the top of loads of pages: ‘HEBREWS’. Get it? He-brews. Hebrews! Just a little Jew humour.”

Tara snorted and buried her head into her girlfriend’s side.

“Willow, that was terrible.”

“Oh yea, well...” Willow retorted indignantly, “Well then tell me a better one.”

“Okay...” Tara raised her head with a smile, “Um...Knock, Knock.”

“Who's there?” Willow asked diligently.

“Atch!”

Willow’s brow crumpled in confusion but she continued to play along.

“Atch who?”

Tara grinned before delivering the punchline.

“I'm sorry, I didn't know you had a cold!”

Willow let a small snigger before rolling her eyes.

“That was worse than mine. At least my joke had substance and plot.”

“Yea, well mine’s a classic,” Tara countered, “You can’t beat a good Knock, Knock joke.”

“When you’re 5!”

Tara hit her girlfriend playfully on the arm before smiling down at her.

“I could spend every second of every day looking into your eyes.”

Willow grinned.

“Your vision would get blurry.”

“Willow-blurry,” Tara replied, dotting her fingers on her girlfriend’s stomach, through her t-shirt, “And that’s the best kind of blurry.”

Willow yanked the brunette’s shirt so that Tara fell on top of her and they both giggled.

“I can’t imagine not being with you,” Willow said after a moment, “It’s so...just so strange that there was a time when you weren’t part of me. That we weren’t in love.”

Tara leant her head down so the smaller girl wouldn’t notice the look on despair on her face.

“I know, Willow,” she whispered a second later, trying not to let the lump in her throat affect her voice, “Us not being together isn’t something that even seems possible.”

Even though it’s those thoughts that haunt me every day.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/02/10)

Topics: 1
dibs!

Quote:
Their plan had worked perfectly the first night. And it could only get easier from then on, right?

This better not be more awful foreshadowing!
And I'm glad they found a place to be alone! And I LOVE that Willow blurted out that she wants to get married :P So very cute! I hope Tara tells her soon!

Last edited by leonhart17 on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

6. Sassy Eggs

Second Dibs, lol.

I'm glad that Tara knew beforehand what Willow was gonna yell at her, otherwise it would've been very bad... or worse, I mean.

They're so cute together. I wonder what's gonna happen at the end of the school year :paranoid

Hector Avellan.

Last edited by ceridwen on Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:18 am 
4. Extra Flamey

ha, ha for the jokes... thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:21 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Ahh..the poor kids got caught.

But the sneaking through the dorms? Oh does that bring back memories. My dorms were military, but still - sneaking through them past curfew to spend time with the illicit girlfriend...that edge of danger and first love mixed together ...heady stuff.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:44 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that their plan worked on the first night... Big yay for the secluded spot in the woods... Extra big yay for Willow blurting out that she wants to marry Tara someday... I truly hope that Tara very soon has to tell Willow about her "father" and her supposed "destiny" so that they can start planning a way to allow Tara to follow Willow to college...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:10 pm 

Ah Laragh, you've been granted parole, with time to visit back with the kittens for good behavior, LOL.

Quote:
"Although I would’ve trailed the trellises if I had to. Anything to be with you.”

So super, super sweet. I love these little romantic moments.

Quote:
“But my Dad wasn’t surprised at all that I was caught with another girl. He said he assumed I knew that he knew I was gay and that we didn’t just talk about it. I apparently ooze gayness.”

Wow...Willow and I had the same Dad coming out moment. LOL

I can't wait till tomorrow. Oh, and thanks for not making fun of my terrible math skills. Thank god I don't teach that subject! Five is still unacceptably low, by the way (*pouts*) but I'm psyched about the epilogue and possible follow-up!

:kgeek :wtkiss :kgeek

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:31 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Awesome fic so far! Lovin' it! :)
Can't wait for the next update!
-Marko

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:24 pm 
5. Willowhand

I must say - I'm really enjoying this fic! You've got the boarding school down to a tee! Keep up the great work!

- FIRESIGN
aka Cin :pride

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:39 pm 
8. Vixen

Good acting on both of their parts, but for some reason I still smell.... oh, yeah angst - couldn't be a story without some.

I want Tara to spill so they can plot a way for her to not have to go back home, she'd be of age so he can't really force her. Besides we all know he's evil and must be stopped in some appropriately horrid manner - turnabout's fair play.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:05 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

leonhart17

Quote:
This better not be more awful foreshadowing!

You shall see

Quote:
And I'm glad they found a place to be alone! And I LOVE that Willow blurted out that she wants to get married So very cute!

Glad you liked

Quote:
I hope Tara tells her soon!

All will be revealed very soon!

PS. Saw you have something new up on the board, don’t think I’ll get a chance to read it before Sunday, but I’m looking forward to it!

Thanks for commenting!

ceridwen

Quote:
Second Dibs, lol.

Same time really, just missed it!

Quote:
I'm glad that Tara knew beforehand what Willow was gonna yell at her, otherwise it would've been very bad... or worse, I mean.

That would not have been of the good at all.

Quote:
They're so cute together. I wonder what's gonna happen at the end of the school year

Will they even get to the end of the school year?

Thanks for your comment!

edob

Quote:
ha, ha for the jokes... thanks for the update.

Glad you liked and you’re welcome!

Thanks for commenting!

Morrigan

Quote:
Ahh..the poor kids got caught.

They did...but they worked it out

Quote:
But the sneaking through the dorms? Oh does that bring back memories. My dorms were military, but still - sneaking through them past curfew to spend time with the illicit girlfriend...that edge of danger and first love mixed together ...heady stuff.

I never had the courage to sneak around (nor the friends/girlfriend...)

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Good that their plan worked on the first night... Big yay for the secluded spot in the woods... Extra big yay for Willow blurting out that she wants to marry Tara someday...

They lucked out and Willow just can’t help how her mind blurts before thinking

Quote:
I truly hope that Tara very soon has to tell Willow about her "father" and her supposed "destiny" so that they can start planning a way to allow Tara to follow Willow to college...

It’s all gonna come out!

LonelyTara

Quote:
Ah Laragh, you've been granted parole, with time to visit back with the kittens for good behavior, LOL.

Ah, finally out of that kitten jail!

Quote:
So super, super sweet. I love these little romantic moments.

I love writing them

Quote:
Wow...Willow and I had the same Dad coming out moment. LOL

I had the same thing with my friend. I was like ‘I’m gay’ and he was like ‘duh.’ Lol

Quote:
I can't wait till tomorrow.

Don’t hate me for the cliffhanger!

Quote:
Oh, and thanks for not making fun of my terrible math skills. Thank god I don't teach that subject! Five is still unacceptably low, by the way (*pouts*) but I'm psyched about the epilogue and possible follow-up!

I’ve started thinking about a sequel now you’ve put it in my head! Still not sure exactly (I may end up just writing a one-shot or something)

KioNewgo

Quote:
Awesome fic so far! Lovin' it!
Can't wait for the next update!

Glad you’re liking and hope you enjoy!

Thanks for commenting!

FIRESIGN

Quote:
I must say - I'm really enjoying this fic! You've got the boarding school down to a tee! Keep up the great work!

I went to boarding school myself so that probably helps lol. Glad you’re enjoying it though!

Thanks for your comment!

vampyregurl

Quote:
Good acting on both of their parts, but for some reason I still smell.... oh, yeah angst - couldn't be a story without some.

As much as I try to avoid it, sometimes it is necessary.

Quote:
I want Tara to spill so they can plot a way for her to not have to go back home, she'd be of age so he can't really force her. Besides we all know he's evil and must be stopped in some appropriately horrid manner - turnabout's fair play.

I do want him stopped (and personally, I want him castrated and then to die in some fire) but I think it would hurt Tara if that happened...she’s just too caring that way. I do agree that she shouldn’t go back home though!

Update Directly Below

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:05 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Chapter 16/20

Weeks passed.

The girl’s stealthy plan continued to work; they’d meet in the forest after class each day to just be with each other and Willow snuck into Tara’s room at night so they could kiss and cuddle for an hour before they each went to sleep. They sat at opposite ends of the classroom while in class and avoided each other in the hallways so no one suspected that their ‘break-up’ was anything other than real. The only thing the girls missed was their weekly trip to the town, but they made up for it by being with each other in the hidden school grounds.

Tara loved each and every day she got to spend with her girlfriend but as January became February and February became March, and now it was only a few days away from the beginning of April, she felt the ever-looming deadline of school ending in June. She knew it was wrong, but she still couldn’t bring herself to tell Willow that they’d have to be separate when she was forced home.

She knew she should - she knew she needed to - but how could she ruin what little time they had left? Or what if Willow took it upon herself to try and talk to her father? She could never forgive herself if she was the reason Willow was hurt.

So she kept quiet. What other choice did she have?

You could be a proper girlfriend and do the right thing.

Tara smacked the side of her head to try to stop her conscience from seeping into her thoughts again as she changed out of her uniform and into her regular clothes. It was a Friday, so their standing arrangement to meet at the oak tree stood and Tara was looking forward to just spending the afternoon being with Willow.

She had just pulled her t-shirt over her head when she heard the door to her bedroom open and frowned. She wasn’t late yet, and Willow wouldn’t risk being spotted coming into her room. She turned and almost fell backwards, her features contorting into shock when she saw who was walking through her doorway.

“D-D-Dad?”

“Tara,” James Maclay greeted cordially, though with no warmth, “Hello.”

Tara stared at her father wide-eyed, stuck to the spot before snapping to attention as James walked further into the room. She quickly turned the collage photo frame Willow had made her all those months ago - that was sitting on her nightstand – over so the pictures couldn’t be seen and shoved her heart toy under her pillow.

“W-w-what are y-y-you d-doing here, D-Dad?” Tara managed eventually, feeling her whole body cower just in the presence of the man.

James turned his nose up at his daughter and looked at her with nothing but loathing.

“I made an appointment with your headmistress back when I spoke to her about that nonsense behaviour that happened at Christmas. I wanted to make sure she knew in person that I was paying for my daughter to learn proper discipline. And to make her understand how unimpressed I was that she put my daughter in a room with a dirty whore,” he replied venomously, “I couldn’t leave Donny to just tend to the farm on his own, so this was the earliest appointment I could make.”

Tara stayed rigid, sweat forming on her brow in terror.

“W-Why d-didn’t y-you t-tell me you were c-c-coming?”

“What would it have mattered, I’m here now, though not for long. Wasting my time and money being here,” James spat out before fixing Tara with a hateful glare, “I trust that that...behaviour with that...harlot has ceased?”

She’s not a harlot! She’s the love of my life!

Tara wanted to scream her thoughts at her father but could only muster a meek whisper.

“Yes, s-sir.”

“Good,” James nodded firmly, “That’s what I came to check. You wouldn’t lie to my face, would you Tara?”

“N-no, sir,” Tara shook her head submissively.

“No,” James replied, narrowing his eyes, “No, you know what the...repercussions of that would be.”

Tara choked back the tears.

“Y-y-yes, sir.”

James clenched his hand at his side threateningly but didn’t say anything. Tara understood her father’s meaning and her body started to tremble.

“I’m going to see your headmistress now, Tara,” James said coldly after a moment, “I’ll return to say goodbye before I leave.”

“O-okay,” Tara replied, before wincing, “Sir.”

James looked his daughter up and down for a moment before snarling and turning to leave. Tara sank down on her bed, her heart beating furiously in her chest as she processed the encounter she’d just had before she suddenly remembered something.

Willow!

She glanced at her clock and jumped up when she saw she was super late for their meeting. Which meant Willow would’ve started worrying about her and had probably started looking for her. She couldn’t have her girlfriend running into her father. Even if they didn’t know what the other looked like, she couldn’t risk her father somehow finding out who Willow was and trying to hurt her.

With that thought in mind she jumped off her bed and ran out of her room, scooting down the hallways and outside of the school building. She was about to run in the general direction of the forest when she heard her name being called.

“Tara!”

She spun around and saw Willow running towards her, looking flustered and worried.

“Tara, baby, are you okay?”

“My father’s here,” Tara got out quickly, “He just showed up. He has a meeting with the headmistress, but Willow, he can’t know who you are. Just...please, he can’t know who you are.”

“Uh...” Willow said dumbly, processing the sudden influx of information, “Um, okay.”

“He’ll be gone soon,” Tara replied, seeing the bewildered look on her girlfriend’s face, “We just need to stay away from each other until then.”

Willow got a frown on her face but reluctantly nodded her head.

“Okay. Um, I’ll...I’ll just go back to my room.”

“Yea,” Tara nodded too, sighing in relief, “That’s a good idea.”

She saw the confusion and hurt on her girlfriend’s face and looked around them. Seeing there was nobody in their general vicinity, she pulled Willow to her and planted a quick but warm and loving kiss on her lips.

“I love you, Willow.”

Willow managed a small smile.

“I love you too.”

Ten feet away, James Maclay felt a surge of anger swell within him as he saw his daughter kiss a redheaded girl through a window. The two girls obviously hadn’t noticed they had been standing in full view of anyone looking through the glass.

He watched as the redhead placed another kiss on his daughter’s lips before she ran off somewhere. His fists balled at his sides and he stamped out of the hallway he had been walking along, through a set of doors so he was outside and turned to where his daughter was still standing outside the window.

“Tara Elizabeth Maclay!”

Tara spun around in fear at the sound of her father’s voice and could only watch as he bounded towards her and his palm connected sharply with her cheek. She whimpered and brought a hand instinctively to her cheek but her father batted it away and harshly hit the back of her neck, making her fall forwards but James just pulled her up roughly.

“I saw you, Tara,” James spat, his voice low, not wanting to attract attention, “Kissing that child of Satan. Not only are you still sinning but you lied to me! To my face! I am your father, you will respect me!”

Tara had never been more terrified in her entire life. She knew she could take whatever her father would throw at her. But now he knew what Willow looked like. And that frightened her more than any pain she might experience by her father’s hand.

“I-I-I, I-I’m-”

James slapped his daughter sharply again.

“Not a word, Tara! I never should have sent you here, you’re not worth it, you never were. A tramp, just like your mother,” James said cruelly, “Well you won’t be staying here another day, Tara. It’s clear the only discipline you’ll respond to is by my hand. You have an hour to pack your things while I go tell your headmistress you’ll be leaving this monstrosity of a school!”

Willow stopped in her tracks and ducked behind a bush when she saw a middle-aged man talking to, or rather at her girlfriend. She’d left for her room, as Tara had asked her to, but had quickly run back to tell the brunette to log onto facebook whenever she was free again so she’d know everything was okay. She’d expected to see her girlfriend still standing there or be not too far away, but this new man in the mix had thrown her.

Shit, is that her father?!

She was about to turn and run again before Tara’s father saw her when she saw him raise her hand and strike her girlfriend across the face, Tara cowering when he did so. Her eyes widened and her mouth hung open as she processed what she just saw.

Oh my god. Oh. My. God. He hit her! He hit her, he...oh my god. He hits her. The, the bruises her first day and the flinching and the not liking violence! And she gets so upset anytime her family gets mentioned. Fuck, Willow, how the hell did you miss this?! Oh god, poor Tara. She’s had all this to worry about. I should’ve realised sooner. Oh god.

Willow’s mind continued to race and she winced, a silent cry rising in her throat when she saw Tara get slapped again. She was about to jump up and do whatever she had to in order to protect her girlfriend when she started listening to the conversation, or rather James’ ranting.

He saw us kissing. Shit. Shit. This is my fault. If I go out there now it could just make things a whole hell of a lot worse for her...but I can’t just let her get hit! What the hell do I do?? Wait...wait, what? He’s taking her home?! Like hell he is! Oh baby, I’ll protect you, I promise, I won’t let him take you. Do I tell a teacher? Even if I do that, they can’t do anything straight away. She’ll still have to leave with him. No, I can’t let that happen. I can’t.

Willow could only watch as James grabbed Tara and pulled her back towards the school before she sank down to her knees, trembling.

She had an hour. She needed a plan. Fast.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/03/10)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:13 am 
4. Extra Flamey

great chapter, thanks for this.....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:35 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Stupid Mr. Poophead... I hope Willow calls the Police & Headmistress and tells that Mr. Poophead is beating a student... I truly hope that Police arrest Mr. Poophead and put him in prison for a long time...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:36 am 

I don't hate you Laragh, never fear, but OH MY GOD! I hate, hate, hate James Maclay! I know you're brilliant, and thus your Willow is brilliant, so she'll figure out a way to help her beautiful girl, but it's so heart-wrenching to see that poor, sweet kid get swatted around. :( I am thrilled that you're looking at a sequel, maybe a short one like Maggie's sequel to Pretty Much Perfect? :D (*hints, hints, hints*) LOL

Have an awesome weekend...oh god wait, I just realized that you don't update this fic over the weekend and I have to wait till MONDAY!! Maybe I do hate you a little...nah...kidding...you're super!

:wtkiss :kgeek

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

that was mean.... :(

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next