The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/03/10)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:23 pm 
8. Vixen

Topics: 3
Grrrrr, and not in a good way. :happy

"Dry Heat – In Progress (still)" "Penny Arcade - Completed"
My Fic Challenge entries:
"Fireworks" "Promise" "I Did What Last Night?"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:20 pm 
7. Teeny Tinkerbell Light

Topics: 1
Well, damn! I got bridesmaid dress shopping with a friend and miss the climax of the story! I hope Willow comes up with something fast! Poor Tara!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:55 am 
10. Troll Hammer

That was mean putting that cliff-hanger post up on a Friday.
Is Monday here yet?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:42 am 
3. Flaming O

:rage i want so badly for one of the teachers to have seen what he did and call the authorities, have him arrested, and spend the rest of his life as the punching bag for a huge swiss body builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :punish he needs to be spanked very badly!!!!!!!!

:sob i feel so badly for tara. i hope that willow can save her in time.

i can't wait for monday to find out how this turns out.

:kitty

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

Topics: 53
edob

Quote:
great chapter, thanks for this.....

No problem, glad you liked!

Thanks for your comment!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Stupid Mr. Poophead... I hope Willow calls the Police & Headmistress and tells that Mr. Poophead is beating a student... I truly hope that Police arrest Mr. Poophead and put him in prison for a long time...

But does she have time for that?

Thanks for commenting!

LonelyTara

Quote:
I don't hate you Laragh, never fear, but OH MY GOD! I hate, hate, hate James Maclay! I know you're brilliant, and thus your Willow is brilliant, so she'll figure out a way to help her beautiful girl, but it's so heart-wrenching to see that poor, sweet kid get swatted around. :(

Willow definitely will And I agree, it wasn’t much fun writing Tara get hit :(

Quote:
I am thrilled that you're looking at a sequel, maybe a short one like Maggie's sequel to Pretty Much Perfect? (*hints, hints, hints*) LOL

I’d actually adore to write a sequel to this but I’m running low on the ideas bank (I’m trying to stay away from the baby thing [not that they wouldn’t be parents, just that I wouldn’t want the entire sequel to be focused on that] because I have ideas for the sequel to Hacker (I know, finish it first!) that goes around that. But I’ll continue to try and form ideas!

Quote:
Have an awesome weekend...oh god wait, I just realized that you don't update this fic over the weekend and I have to wait till MONDAY!! Maybe I do hate you a little...nah...kidding...you're super!

Well thank you for the weekend wishes. And before you go hating me, don’t forget that you were the one who made me post an early update back at the start, so technically, that update was supposed to go out today and you would’ve only had to wait a day for the continuation! Just saying...

Thanks for your feedback

lonelylanding

Quote:
that was mean.... :(

Tara’s dad or having the cliffhanger?

For both I apologise...but it all gets resolved!

Thanks for your comment!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Grrrrr, and not in a good way.

Sorry for the cliffhanger but everything gets worked out!

leonhart17

Quote:
Well, damn! I got bridesmaid dress shopping with a friend and miss the climax of the story! I hope Willow comes up with something fast! Poor Tara!

Ooh, bridesmaids shopping! Hope you had fun! All is revealed now!

Thanks for commenting!

[u] i want so badly for one of the teachers to have seen what he did and call the authorities, have him arrested, and spend the rest of his life as the punching bag for a huge swiss body builder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he needs to be spanked very badly!!!!!!!![/quote]

I agree, he does. I think it’s more important that Tara gets away from him forever though!

Quote:
i feel so badly for tara. i hope that willow can save her in time.

You’ll find out now

Quote:
i can't wait for monday to find out how this turns out.

Sorry for the wait, hope you enjoy this update!

Thanks for your comment!

Update Directly Below

Check out my finished fics

Love, The SeriesTwo For Joy/21+/Joy To The WorldInevitable/Infinitely

Confidential EternalA Twisted DateDachsund Through The Snow

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Close Quarters

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: What happens when Willow and Tara are thrown together far away from home? Tara has secrets, Willow has a lonely past. They both want to be loved. Can they find it together? (Of course they can, this is me!)

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 17/20

Tara sat on her bed, numb. She absently rubbed her reddened cheek until she heard a knocking off to the side and her head snapped round, her body following as she leapt off the bed and opened her window for Willow to climb through. She threw herself at the redhead before Willow had a chance to realise what was happening and kissed her fiercely.

Oh Willow...How am I gonna be able to live without you? I need you, Willow, I need you...I need...I need to make love with her. She needs to know I feel. I need to show her. I still have 40 minutes before my father comes to collect me and my things...Is that enough time? It’ll have to be. Maybe, maybe if I have the memory...of us...maybe I can survive.

“Willow, make love with me,” Tara gasped between desperate kisses, pulling at the redhead’s t-shirt, forgetting how she’d vowed she couldn’t make love to her girlfriend with the secrets between them, more consumed with making their final moments together count, “Make love with me, please.”

Willow almost got lost in the sensation of the kiss for a moment before registering her girlfriend’s words and she pushed Tara off angrily.

“No!”

“No?” Tara asked, almost bursting into tears, “No?”

Had Willow just rejected her?

“No,” Willow repeated angrily, folding her arms over her chest, “‘Cause you want it to be goodbye. What were you gonna do, Tara? Have us share...that...that wonderful, special thing and then what? Hope I fell asleep and then leave me to wake up alone? Do you know what that would’ve done to me? It would’ve killed me, Tara!”

Tara’s face was a mixture of shame and shock and her head dropped.

“I didn’t...I didn’t think of that.”

“Yea, well, it wouldn’t have worked anyway, Tara,” Willow replied, letting her arms hang by her sides, “‘Cause if you’d done that I would’ve been on the first plane to Alabama to find you.”

Tara’s head snapped up as she realised all of what her girlfriend had said.

She knows it would be goodbye and said she’d go to Alabama... How...?

“How did you know about...about...”

Willow’s features softened as Tara started to tear up and she moved forward, placing a kiss against her girlfriend’s tender cheek.

“Tara, I saw you with your father.”

Tara stiffened and Willow wrapped her arms around her.

“It’s okay. It’s okay. He’s never gonna raise a hand to you again, I promise. I’m so sorry you had to go through...I can’t even imagine how horrible it must’ve been. But I’m not gonna let him near you from now on, okay?”

Tara wanted more than anything to let herself believe her girlfriend’s words but she knew she couldn’t. She pulled away from the hug and sank back down onto her bed, shaking her head.

“Willow I have to go with him. He’s pulling me out of school as we speak, I have to go. I have no choice.”

Willow sank down to her knees and shuffled herself so she was between the brunette’s legs, making sure their eyes were locked.

“I’m giving you a choice.”

“What?” Tara asked, her brow creased, “What are you talking about?”

Willow took a deep breath. She’d had to come up with a plan quickly and sort everything out even quicker – she just thanked every deity known to man that she knew her way around a computer, she was able to get everything done in 20 minutes.

“Tara, we’re on a flight to London that leaves in an hour. And I booked a taxi, which was not easy ‘cause the guy didn’t speak English but I used a translator thing online – anyway there’s no time for my babbling, the taxi’s gonna meet us at the school gates in ten minutes.”

Tara’s mouth hung open and she gaped at the redhead.

“You’re kidding, right?”

“Tara, I’m never been more serious,” Willow replied genuinely, “And I don’t know what we’re gonna do when we get to London. I can pretty much access any computer server I need to. I’m not saying it’s good or it’s right, I’m saying I can. And there’s enough money in my account and my trust fund...baby, we have options. Whether we’re gonna stay there and try and get our GED’s...we both did the SATs last year, so that’s good...we could go to college or we could just stay for a little while and head back to the US or get jobs – anything, really. I don’t know. But I do know we have to get out of here. Now.”

“Willow, we can’t just...” Tara said in disbelief, “We can’t just leave...”

Willow took both of her girlfriend’s hands in hers.

“We can. At least, legally, we can. We’re 18, baby, we’re adults. And I’ll call my parents when we’re in London, tell them we’re safe. Even if the police get called, they can’t compel us to go anywhere. Baby, we can disappear for a while. Life will always be there, waiting, we can still finish school and go to college and get jobs. Just a little further in the future than we thought.”

Tara couldn’t believe all the effort Willow had gone to, or how she’d managed to organise everything so quickly.

I could never have to see my father again...all those fantasies about our future...they could be real...but...

“I can’t let you do that for me. I can’t let you give up all your opportunities. You could be anything.”

“Dammit, Tara, when on earth are you gonna realise that I’m nothing without you,” Willow replied emphatically, “And the only thing I refuse to give up is you. On us. I know this is the kind of decision you’re really supposed to think over, but, baby, we don’t have the time. We need to be gone before your father gets back up here. Look, I’m not one for advocating running away from your problems, but this isn’t running away. This is starting fresh. And I’m not saying it’s gonna be easy. It’s probably gonna be really, really hard. But it’d be you and me. Together, no one stopping us.”

Tara gazed into Willow’s eyes. It was surreal. The entire situation was unreal. Ten minutes ago she’d been facing a life of nothing but remorse and pain. Ten minutes ago she didn’t think she’d every see Willow’s beautiful face again. But now, Willow was there, offering her a very real alternative. Of them. Together. She was giving her a choice.

“Us,” Tara whispered after a moment, “I choose us.”

“Oh Tara,” Willow replied, near tears as she threw her arms around the brunette’s neck, “Oh god, I love you. Okay, okay, we need to pack, quickly.”

Willow dropped down again and fished Tara’s suitcase out from under her bed, throwing it on top of the mattress and unzipping it.

“You have your passport, right?”

Tara nodded and opened the side case of her suitcase, producing a small cloth bag.

“It’s in here,” she said, before suddenly snapping to attention, “Do you need to go pack?”

“No, my bag’s outside your window,” Willow replied as she unloaded the contents of her girlfriend’s nightstand into the suitcase, “I’m also booked on the next flight to Alabama tonight, which I can only assume is the one your father is booked on too. I had to have a back-up plan. Either way, I was gonna be heading to the airport this afternoon. No way was I gonna leave you with him, no way.”

Tara could only stare at the redhead.

“Willow, you’re amazing.”

Willow turned and gave her girlfriend a quick smile.

“Tell me how amazing I am when we’re sitting on that plane, okay?”

Tara nodded and ran off to her wardrobe, grabbing as much as she could and transferring it to her luggage. It only took them a few minutes to clear the room, Tara leaving the school laptop and uniform on the bed.

“Okay, that’s it, that’s everything,” she said, before suddenly remembering something and snatching her pillow up, picking up her heart toy, “Can’t forget this.”

Willow smiled and moved to softly kiss her girlfriend for just a moment, before picking up the handles of her suitcase.

“Come on, the cab should be there.”

She walked over to the window and threw the suitcase out, before stepping over the pane and onto the grass on the other side, holding out her hand for Tara to follow. They both picked up their suitcases and ran the 50 yards from the school to the gates, where a taxi was parked, an irritated looking man sitting in the front. They threw their cases in the trunk and got into the back seat.

The man looked like he was about to start spouting something irately about being left waiting that neither of them would’ve probably been able to understand so Willow quickly whipped out her wallet and handed him a note as well as saying the name of the nearest airport, only a ten minute car journey away. This seemed to appease him and he started driving as Tara took Willow’s hand and held on tight.

“No looking back,” she said quietly and felt Willow squeeze her hand.

“No looking back.”

“Baby, you can relax now,” Willow said with warm smile, putting a hand on the brunette’s knee, “We’re 30,000 feet in the air, we’re gonna be in London in an hour and we’re together.”

Tara tried to loosen up her tensed shoulders against the aeroplane seat but found she couldn’t.

“I know,” she replied, turning her head to look at her girlfriend, “I think I’m still in shock. Willow, I thought...I mean, I thought we had a couple more months, but I thought that come the end of school...I’d never be able to see you again. That I’d be dragged back to that hell I lived in before. I never for one second imagined we’d ever be able to...”

“That’s why you told me to apply to all the different schools, huh?” Willow asked quietly, “You knew you wouldn’t be around to go to college with.”

“I’m so sorry,” Tara whispered, a few errant tears coming to her eyes, “I kept so much from you and...I lead you on so much. You have to believe me though, Willow, when we talked about going to college together and being together after school and getting married – I never lied when I said that’s what I wanted more than anything. I just-”

“Never thought it could come true?”

Tara gave a weak nod, expecting her girlfriend to be really angry with her and was therefore surprised when the redhead just raised the armrest between them and cuddled into her side.

“Well now I get to make sure it does come true.”

Tara closed her eyes in relief and softly stroked her girlfriend’s hair.

“You’re not mad?”

Willow sighed and moved her head to rest against the brunette’s shoulder so they could look at each other.

“Do I wish you’d told me about your home life sooner? Yea. But I get why you didn’t. You were scared. And you were trying to protect me. I mean, if I’d known about all of that we could’ve been more organised, worked out a plan that when we graduated, that’s when we decided to make a new life for ourselves. But like I said earlier, school will always be there. I know you only kept things to yourself because you thought it would be easier not to deal with it. But you never lied to me, not about the important stuff. You never lied about your feelings, I know that. But no more secrets, okay?”

Tara gazed down into Willow’s eyes adoringly.

“No more secrets. I was just afraid if you saw the kind of people I came from, you wouldn't wanna be anywhere near me. That you’d think I was weak.”

Willow just smiled and shook her head into the taller girl’s shoulder.

“See ... that's where you're a dummy. I think about ... what you grew up with, and what you dealt with... the horrible things you must’ve dealt with. And then I look at what you are now...so strong and capable. It makes me proud. It makes me love you more.”

Tara leant her head down and kissed Willow softly, all her love and affection transferring through her lips.

“I’ll make it up to you,” Tara whispered when they pulled away, “For all the confusion and the secrets. I’ll make it up to you. I give you my word that from now on I will tell you and talk to you about everything and I will make it up to you.”

Willow sighed happily and smiled.

“I just want one thing.”

“Anything,” Tara replied insistently, “I’ll do anything.”

“Promise you’ll love me forever?”

Tara could only smile and nod as she spoke the words with utter honesty.

“I’ll love you forever.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/06/10)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:06 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Dibs!

*Sigh* I'm so relieved that Willow managed to come up with a plan to save Tara from her father.

I see a bright and happy future for them! :grin

Hector Avellan.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:31 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for great update-y goodness... Good that they are safely (I hope) on their way to freedom in London...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:40 pm 

Yay! Good plan Willow! I'm glad it's working out so far :) Although I guess there's not too many left in this one so it can't get REALLY bad again (not a challenge!)

Yeah, bridesmaid dress shopping was fun (I'm not a dress-y person though so they were laughing at my expressions as much as trying on their own dresses :P)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:04 pm 
3. Flaming O

Okay I take back what I said, that was so worth it! Go Willow! :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:03 pm 
3. Flaming O

:clap woohoo... loving Willow riding in and saving the day...

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm 

First of all, no trying to appease me with logic--DIDN'T WORK! Okay, maybe I felt a twinge of guilt, but it was gone in an instant!! :P LOL This was a fabulous, fabulous chapter! I kept waiting for one of them to realize that as adults they don't have to do anything their parents tell them anymore (not that younger kids often do either) and I'm so excited to see them heading off for a new life together. I agree, a sequel to this piece shouldn't revolve around kids, I just meant maybe a few short chapters. I guess it'll depend on where you leave them in the next three chapters (*sniff*) I'm gonna miss these two. They're so sweet!

Keep it up, lady, can't wait till tomorrow! And I'm psyched to hear you're already thinking on a sequel for Hacker!

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm 
8. Vixen

Very resourceful girl, our Willow. Finally Tara realizes she doesn't have to go back, she can say no. Being far away, at least for a while will make it easier to do until she's really more comfortable being assertive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:59 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

GREAT update!! :party Willow was awsome coming in and saving the day like that! All I could do was sit here and go AWWWW!!!! lol Sooo cant wait for the next one :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:06 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

yay willow, great up-date. thanks ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Good thing Willow is so fast with computers. She was able to come up with two different scenarios in order to be with Tara. Can't wait to see what happens when they land in London.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

ceridwen

Quote:
*Sigh* I'm so relieved that Willow managed to come up with a plan to save Tara from her father.

She’s our very own superhero!

Quote:
I see a bright and happy future for them!

Me too :)

Thanks for commenting!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Good that they are safely (I hope) on their way to freedom in London...

You hope correctly, they’re all safe now!

Thanks for your comment!

leonhart17

Quote:
Yay! Good plan Willow! I'm glad it's working out so far ... Although I guess there's not too many left in this one so it can't get REALLY bad again (not a challenge!)

Nah, I think I’ve put them through enough! Happiness from here on out!

Quote:
Yeah, bridesmaid dress shopping was fun (I'm not a dress-y person though so they were laughing at my expressions as much as trying on their own dresses)

I’ve never been bridesmaid dress shopping, but if I was I’d have been in the same boat...I haven’t worn a dress since I was like six :p

Thanks for your feedback :)

lonelylanding

Quote:
Okay I take back what I said, that was so worth it! Go Willow!

Glad I could rectify the meanness! :wink

Thanks for your comment!

sapphoselene

Quote:
woohoo... loving Willow riding in and saving the day...

Always the hero :p

Thanks for commenting!

LonelyTara

Quote:
First of all, no trying to appease me with logic--DIDN'T WORK! Okay, maybe I felt a twinge of guilt, but it was gone in an instant!!

Damn, plan foiled :p

Quote:
LOL This was a fabulous, fabulous chapter! I kept waiting for one of them to realize that as adults they don't have to do anything their parents tell them anymore (not that younger kids often do either)

Yea, I think a lot of people struggle with asserting themselves to their parental figures even once they’re adults themselves...but, hey they got there lol

Quote:
and I'm so excited to see them heading off for a new life together.

Hope you like where they head with their life (really all contained in the epilogue)
Quote:
I agree, a sequel to this piece shouldn't revolve around kids, I just meant maybe a few short chapters. I guess it'll depend on where you leave them in the next three chapters (*sniff*) I'm gonna miss these two. They're so sweet!

Well I hope you like how it all ends, even if I’m not able to think up a sequel...but I promise, I’m still thinking!

Quote:
And I'm psyched to hear you're already thinking on a sequel for Hacker!

It may end up just being a PMP-similar-in-style short piece, but I have a few ideas for it anyway!

Thanks for your feedback!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Very resourceful girl, our Willow. Finally Tara realizes she doesn't have to go back, she can say no. Being far away, at least for a while will make it easier to do until she's really more comfortable being assertive.

She was clouded by a lot of self-doubt, but Willow’s working on getting rid of those. :)

Thanks for your comment!

Brittany94

Quote:
GREAT update!! Willow was awsome coming in and saving the day like that! All I could do was sit here and go AWWWW!!!! lol Sooo cant wait for the next one

Glad you liked! Hope you enjoy this one too!

Thanks for commenting!

edob

Quote:
yay willow, great up-date. Thanks

Glad you liked and you’re welcome! :)

Thanks for commenting!

love_2003

Quote:
Good thing Willow is so fast with computers. She was able to come up with two different scenarios in order to be with Tara. Can't wait to see what happens when they land in London.

She is the whiz!

Update Directly Below

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

TITLE: Close Quarters

AUTHOR: Laragh

CHAPTER RATING: PG-13

DISCLAIMER: Willow, Tara and any other characters from the Buffy the Vampire Slayer franchise belong to Joss Whedon, FOX, ME and a whole host of other entities, none of which are me.

SUMMARY: What happens when Willow and Tara are thrown together far away from home? Tara has secrets, Willow has a lonely past. They both want to be loved. Can they find it together? (Of course they can, this is me!)

SPOILERS: AU fic, so at most minor references or pieces of dialogue

Chapter 18/20

“Okay, so we’ve got the room for the weekend,” Willow said as she opened the door to their hotel room, “We can figure out exactly or at least temporarily what we’re gonna do over the next couple of days. If we decide to stay we won’t be able to go apartment hunting ‘til Monday anyway and if we’re leaving, well...we can work that out later.”

Tara nodded her understanding as she walked into the decent-sized hotel room. When they’d landed in London, Willow had gone straight into productive mode and hooked her laptop - which she’d carried on the plane for fear it would get broken – up to the airport wifi, finding a bunch of nearby hotels and booking them into one of them. She’d changed some of her money, but had her credit card as well so she didn’t change too much since she didn’t know how long she’d be staying. She could always change more if they needed it.

“I saw a payphone in the lobby,” Willow continued as she dropped her suitcase at the foot of the bed, “I’m gonna go do the parental phone call, get it over with. Do you wanna order us some room service or something? I could do with a bite. They have my card on file so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

“Sure,” Tara nodded, before dropping her head slightly, “Willow, I don’t expect you to pay-”

“Tara,” Willow cut her girlfriend off with a smile, “I know. And when we’ve figured out what it is we’re doing, we can both look at getting jobs. But it’s also important that we know my trust fund is there if we need it. Now we’re both tired and hungry and I could really go for a turkey club.”

“Okay,” Tara smiled, sitting on the edge of the bed, “I can manage that.”

Willow grinned and walked over to Tara, standing over her and leaned down for a quick kiss.

“That’s my girl. Okay, I shouldn’t be too long. Love you.”

Tara nodded as Willow started walking towards the door.

“Love you too.”

Willow left the room with a smile and wave and Tara flopped down onto the bed.

Hmm, double bed...plenty of room...I would’ve made love with her earlier. Not just because I thought it was goodbye. I’m ready. I love her. I want to make love with her. I’ve wanted to make love with her for months... ‘When we’re both ready and the time is right, we’ll know’, that’s what she said. Well I’m pretty sure we’re both ready. Is the time right?

Tara contemplated the question as she picked up the phone by the bed and rang down to reception, ordering their food. It was only a two hour flight from Switzerland to London, so they hadn’t been given any food and neither had eaten since lunch time at the school and it was now well into the night. She walked over to the window in the room and looked out at the twinkling lights of the city in the dark sky for a few moments.

This is where you grew up, Mom. You loved living here, you told me. Maybe me and Will could love living here too?

Tara felt a warmth spread throughout her body and smiled.

“I hear ya, Mom,” she whispered into the air, “I know you sent her to me.”

“Talking to yourself?”

Tara spun around at the sound of her girlfriend’s voice and saw her walking back through the door, grinning.

“Just um...admiring the view.”

“Ah,” Willow replied, walking over and looking out the window with the brunette, “I promised I’d take you here someday. Didn’t think it’d be so soon but I’m glad we’re here.”

“Me too,” Tara responded, taking the redhead’s hand, “I know we’re gonna make proper plans over the weekend but I’d like if we could see the city a little before we leave. If we decide to leave.”

“Definitely,” Willow smiled before there was a knock at the door and she felt her girlfriend tense, “Don't worry, baby, it's just the food. You ordered, right?”

Tara nodded, exhaling as the jolt of dread that had shot through her dissipated.

“I ordered.”

Willow walked over and opened the door, smiling when it was indeed the food. The bellboy placed the large circular tray he was carrying on the table in the room and Willow slipped him a note as he left the room again.

“Did you get bacon on my sandwich?” Willow asked as she took the top off the tray.

“And honey-mustard,” Tara replied with a nod, feeling more at ease, “I know you like it.”

Willow picked up her plate and brought it up to her face, inhaling the aroma as she sat on the edge of the bed.

“Oh yea. You’re definitely a keeper.”

Tara giggled and sat on the chair next to the table as she picked up the pesto chicken panini she’d ordered for herself before suddenly remembering why her girlfriend had left the room before.

“Sweetie, what did your parents say?”

Willow took a bite of her sandwich and rolled her eyes.

“They didn’t even know that we’d left the school. My dad was all ‘so that’s why I was left so many messages by your headmistress’. Anyway after I convinced them that we weren’t playing some colossal prank and not just hiding someplace on the grounds, and after demanding that I get my ass straight back to the school and I flatly refused, they said that if I chose to throw my life away by not finishing my education that I wasn’t welcome in their home. Like I ever planned on setting foot back there again. Well that’s what my Mom said anyway. My Dad said that he definitely didn’t approve of what we’d done and that we were stupidly young and naive and had no idea what we were doing but I told him about you know, the circumstances? I dunno, I actually heard emotion in his voice for the first time like, ever. He said to make sure I took care of you and that if we ever got ourselves in a bind that we could give him a call and he’d help as best he could. Oh and he’s not gonna tell the school where we are, so there’s no way your father can find out where we came to.”

Tara swallowed the food in her mouth, her eyebrows raised.

“That’s...”

“Weird, I know,” Willow replied as she finished her sandwich, thinking to herself that she’d have to hack into the airline system and delete their names from the passenger list, just to be on the safe side, “I guess not even the most emotionally stunted people have no reaction at all when abuse is mentioned.”

Tara winced at the word ‘abuse’. Willow noticed and put her plate on the floor.

“Shit, Tare, I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay,” Tara shrugged, her eyes downcast, “That’s what it was.”

Willow moved off the bed and sat on the chair opposite the brunette.

“You know you can talk to me about it, right? I know I only found out today that it was happening, which, I feel stupid for not realising sooner, but I’m here.”

“Don’t feel stupid,” Tara replied with a frown, “Please don’t. I was the one who kept it a secret. I know I shouldn’t have. I was just so consumed with being happy, for the first time since...for the first time ever really. I didn’t want to ruin it. You didn’t fall in love with the girl who let herself get hit-”

Tara cut herself of as a quiet sob rose in her throat and Willow quickly rushed to hr side and pulled her into an embrace.

“I fell in love with the beautiful, strong person you are. I can’t even...I don’t know how long it went on or what exactly...” Willow trailed off and exhaled slowly for a moment, “Tara, he never...he never...”

She couldn’t finish her sentence but Tara understood and shook her head.

“No. It was never sexual.”

Willow felt a tear come to her eye in relief but blinked it away, thinking it was wrong to feel relief when her girlfriend had still had to endure everything she had had to.

“Tara, none of...nothing that happened is your fault. Okay? And I’m so sorry I wasn’t there to protect you. I know I didn’t even know you, but I’m still sorry. And we’re a team now, okay? Completely and fully. We’ll deal with everything together. Or if you need to deal with things on your own, then I’ll just hold you while you do. But no matter what, I’m always here for you. You got that? This is it, baby, I’m in this for life. Forever. We’re really forever. And everything you thought was stopping that being true before...” Willow gave a small smile and clicked her fingers, “Poof. They’re gone. ‘Cause even if your father somehow finds us, he will never hurt you again. I promise you that, I will protect you with my life. So, you got it? Me and you, forever and ever?”

“I got it,” Tara replied in a awe-filled whisper, moved beyond words by her girlfriend’s speech and how she could truly feel the future she knew she’d have with the redhead, “And I will talk to you about it. Explain...everything. But um, not tonight?”

“Yea,” Willow chuckled, “Probably enough emotional turmoil for one day. I’m here to listen whenever you want, though.”

Tara raised her head and smiled.

“Thanks.”

Willow just leaned over and pulled Tara into a tight hug.

“Always.”

The redhead placed a soft kiss on the bridge of Tara’s nose before standing up and stretching.

“I’m gonna go brush my teeth, they feel kinda grimy after that sandwich. I hope the hotel has toothbrushes, I think I forgot mine in the hurry...”

Tara watched as Willow disappeared into the bathroom and jumped out of her seat when the door closed as a sudden rush of confidence and feeling rushed through her.

It’s definitely the right time.

She took a few deep breathes before pulling her shirt over her head and slipping her skirt off of her body. She hung both garments over the chair, then snapped her bra off, letting it join her other clothes. Another deep inhalation was taken before she stepped out of her panties, then pulled the covers on the bed up and slipped between them and the sheet.

She sat with her back against the headboard and ran her hand through her hair a few times to smoothen it before she clutched the blanket to her chest, holding it in place. She waited a few nervous seconds before the doorknob of the bathroom started to turn again and Willow walked out.

“They have toothbrushes. There was a white one and a blue one, I took the blue one, hope you don’t mind, it just reminded me of your eyes and...” Willow’s own eyes widened as she finally looked up and she gulped when she took in the sight of her girlfriend, “You’re naked.”

Tara looked down; her body was covered but she was indeed naked.

“Yea.”

Willow chuckled nervously, rooted to the spot.

“You never used to sleep naked.”

Tara fixed the redhead with a steady gaze.

“I don’t want to sleep.”

Last edited by Laragh on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Close Quarters [AU] (09/07/10)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:01 am 

dibs!

hot damn! Go confident Tara! Get your girl! :) Obviously can't wait for tomorrow!!!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:16 am 

Oh man oh man oh man! As sad as I am to see this coming to a close, the sense of joy and promise and future happiness just permeated this chapter so clearly! I can't wait (really, really really can't, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve) for tomorrow!!

:wtkiss :blush :kdevil :wtkiss

This has been such a wonderful ride, and all in and of itself, of course, whether you return to this lovely little world you've created or not. I know that not every piece needs a sequel, and this might be one of those, but just see it as what it is--my adoration and devotion for this perfect little space you've created. These girls, their path, has been truly compelling!

I await tomorrow eagerly, and with great admiration for your skills, lady!
:kgeek

"We're in love. We're lovers. We're lesbian, gay-type lovers."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:17 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

wow.. :thud
so..you're going to shoot with smutty action or you keep it PG? :kdevil
too bad there are just 2 days left :shy
aand I just remember that tomorrow I would be away from my laptop..damn :paranoid
great update :pinky

"I'm not apologizing for what I did, I'm apologizing for what I didn't do" ~ Violet, Bound

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:37 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Topics: 2
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

I miss a couple of updates and WHOA!!! Dude....that was...wow.. I mean... Tara's dad showing up, all the deal with him seeing them kissing, he hitting her...

Super Willow to the rescue!! *giggles* Willow's plan was super COOL!!! *bounces up and down* I got ALL excited and I soo hope that nobody shows up to ruin their lives now! And Go Daddy Rosenberg for telling Willow to take care of Tara!!!! LOL...

Holy Gaia...are you gonna give us some smutty goodness in the next Chapter?? *puppy-dog-eyes* please?? pretty please?? :pray :pray :pray

I cant believe this story is getting to the end...*snifs* Im gonna miss it... but HEY atleast we still have HC!! *giggles* And wow...I dont think I ever wrote such a long reply... *giggles more*

Keep it up, dude!!! And Im sorry for missing a couple of updates...I was super focused on my own story and school and only had time to read HC..

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:54 am 
19. Yummy Face

Yay for excellent update-y goodness... Good that the girls are safely in London... Can't wait for the night's naked yummies... I kinda hope that Tara's mom's parents are still around so they can visit them in the future... Big yay for Ira finding some backbone and saying to go take care of your girl and not informing the school where the girls are. I hope that either Ira in USA or the girls in London embassy file criminal charges against Mr. Poophead...

Posting While Nude Improves Your Mood.

Last edited by Zampsa1975 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:37 pm 
5. Willowhand

Nicely done! I'm really enjoying this fic! Can't believe you left us hanging there!!!

Are you considering a sequel?

Keep up the great work!

FIRESIGN
aka Cin :pride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:30 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

great update, only two left:(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 5:18 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

AMAZING!!! :pride

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:05 pm 
8. Vixen

Very nice update. It's good that Willow's Dad is willing to help, and to keep them off everyone's radar for a while. On to exploring.... lots of things. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:10 pm 
3. Flaming O

great update... loving that Tara is beginning to feel free of her past.

hmmmm do i sense :wtkiss coming up... :pray :pray :pray please, please, please... needing smoochies... going through withdrawls... must... have... smoochies.... :pray :pray :pray

Scarlet Black

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:27 am 
11. Fish in the Bowl

hey girl, what´s up? I really like this fic, it´s so cute and romantic ^^ after all the suffering, Tara can be happy ^^

they practically eloped o/

My Heart Draws a Dream
True Colors of Love
A Crazy Little Thing Called Mutation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:00 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

leonhart17

Quote:
hot damn! Go confident Tara! Get your girl! Obviously can't wait for tomorrow!!!

Hope you like it

Thanks for commenting!

LonelyTara

Quote:
Oh man oh man oh man! As sad as I am to see this coming to a close, the sense of joy and promise and future happiness just permeated this chapter so clearly! I can't wait (really, really really can't, I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve) for tomorrow!!

Well I hope you enjoy the last two chapters (and the epilogue!)

Quote:
This has been such a wonderful ride, and all in and of itself, of course, whether you return to this lovely little world you've created or not. I know that not every piece needs a sequel, and this might be one of those, but just see it as what it is--my adoration and devotion for this perfect little space you've created. These girls, their path, has been truly compelling!

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed. I’ve really enjoyed writing it, even though I digressed from my normal completely-angst free line of writing.

Your words really made my day

Alex_Vixen

Quote:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!

I miss a couple of updates and WHOA!!! Dude....that was...wow.. I mean... Tara's dad showing up, all the deal with him seeing them kissing, he hitting her...

Super Willow to the rescue!! *giggles* Willow's plan was super COOL!!! *bounces up and down* I got ALL excited and I soo hope that nobody shows up to ruin their lives now! And Go Daddy Rosenberg for telling Willow to take care of Tara!!!! LOL...

Hey! Glad you caught up. At least you got to read them all together so no cliffhangers!

Quote:
Holy Gaia...are you gonna give us some smutty goodness in the next Chapter?? *puppy-dog-eyes* please?? pretty please??

Have I ever denied you lovely kittens smuttiness? This and the next are NC-17!

Quote:
I cant believe this story is getting to the end...*snifs* Im gonna miss it... but HEY atleast we still have HC!! *giggles* And wow...I dont think I ever wrote such a long reply... *giggles more*

This was a long reply lol. I hope you continue to enjoy HC, ‘cause that one’s gonna be going on for a while!

Quote:
Keep it up, dude!!! And Im sorry for missing a couple of updates...I was super focused on my own story and school and only had time to read HC..

I’m glad you’re focused on your own story, it’s awesome!!! And school is very important!

Thanks for commenting!

Zampsa1975

Quote:
Can't wait for the night's naked yummies...

Hope you enjoy!

Quote:
I kinda hope that Tara's mom's parents are still around so they can visit them in the future...

Unfortunately, they’re not :(

Snippet from Chapter 7, about Tara’s mom:

Quote:
She left London then, when her parents died in a car accident. I’ve always wanted to see the city she was raised in.”

So they’re gone...

Quote:
Big yay for Ira finding some backbone and saying to go take care of your girl and not informing the school where the girls are.

Ira comes through when he’s needed

Quote:
I hope that either Ira in USA or the girls in London embassy file criminal charges against Mr. Poophead...

They could, but I think Tara especially just wants to escape completely...

Thanks for commenting!

FIRESIGN

Quote:
Nicely done! I'm really enjoying this fic! Can't believe you left us hanging there!!!

I’ve been big with the cliffhangers on this one, sorry! Glad you’ve been enjoying it though!

Quote:
Are you considering a sequel?

I am, I definitely am. I’m not sure of the specifics, even broadly yet, but I’m hoping something will come to me!

Quote:
Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

edob

Quote:
great update, only two left:(

Thanks, glad you enjoyed! Two + an epilogue!

Thanks for your comment!

Missing_BTVS

Quote:
AMAZING!!!

Hey! Glad you think so!

Thanks for commenting!

vampyregurl73

Quote:
Very nice update. It's good that Willow's Dad is willing to help, and to keep them off everyone's radar for a while.

He shows his compassion when it’s needed

Quote:
On to exploring.... lots of things.

Lots, indeed. Hope you enjoy!

sapphoselene

Quote:
great update... loving that Tara is beginning to feel free of her past.

It’ll be a long road, but she’ll get there!

Quote:
hmmmm do i sense coming up... please, please, please... needing smoochies... going through withdrawls... must... have... smoochies....

it is then!

Thanks for commenting!

Nue

Quote:
hey girl, what´s up?

Yo lol

Quote:
I really like this fic, it´s so cute and romantic ^^ after all the suffering, Tara can be happy ^^

Glad you’re liking it! Happiness is definitely in store for our girls!

Quote:
they practically eloped o/

Lol, they kinda did!

Thanks for your comment!

Update On Next Page

Last edited by Laragh on Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next