The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next
 Post subject: As Time Goes By
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:56 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

Hello, my beloved Kittens. I have been lurking for a few months now, but haven’t put in an appearance. Just as things were coming together on the physical front, my partner dumped me. Let us pause for a moment to consider the concept of suckage as it applies to this event. OK--moving on. I’m finally feeling the urge to write something besides bad poetry; I’m hoping that upon reading this (if you’re kind enough to do so), you don’t decide that while the object may have changed, the adjective still applies. I’d very much appreciate any feedback you are generous enough to leave.

PS: It’s good to be back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AS TIME GOES BY

Sett
Spring, 2003. This picks up 2 years after "Gods Served and Abandoned," but I don't think it's necessary to have read that in order to understand this story.
Rating: PG for now; probably R in a bit
Disclaimers: The very fact that there are any women alive, anywhere, in this story is enough to prove that I don’t own the originals.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“No…No, don’t. Get away from me!” She fought, tried to push away, but the other one was relentless. “Stop it!”

“Willow…Will, Sweetie--wake up. Willow, you’re dreaming.”

Follow Tara’s voice…That’s all she had to do; she just had to follow Tara’s voice and everything would be OK…

Lurching toward wakefulness, Willow reached out and grabbed onto Tara’s hand as if to pull herself out of the nightmare.

“Oh God, Baby--I was having the worst dream.”

“Yeah, I kinda picked up on that,” came the droll reply. “Must’ve been the yelling and kicking.” Leaning back onto her pillow, she pulled Willow’s head down to her breast and gently rubbed her lover’s back. “So what happened?”

“It was so bizarre, Tara…We had just fought some really epic battle--it seems like it was some kind of uber-apocalypse--and the whole town was just sorta sinking into this big…pit. And not because we’d lost, but because we’d won. I think we must have closed the Hellmouth or something, and it pretty much wiped out everything. It seemed like most people were already gone, though--like they’d headed outta Dodge before the big showdown, you know?”

Tara’s voice was quizzical. “But if we’d won, why were you so upset? You were yelling for something or someone to get away from you.”

Willow shook her head in distress. “Oh, that part was just so bizarre. Some total skank-bot with a pierced tongue kept trying to lick me.”

She felt Tara pull back just slightly in order to look at her. “Some woman was trying to lick you?”

“Yeah. It was so gross.”

“And where was I during all of this?”

“You were just sorta standing off to the side laughing at me. I wanted you to go all large with the butch, but you couldn’t seem to take her seriously.”

Tara’s laughter was deep and full in the dark of the room. “Yeah, that sounds about right.” After a moment, she asked, “So what was it like--closing the Hellmouth, ending all that evil?”

Willow thought for a long moment. “It felt extremely…anticlimactic.”

Nuzzling into the warmth of Tara’s body, she thought about how different their lives looked from the one she’d just left behind in her dream. It had been two years since they’d defeated Glory; one since besting their would-be arch nemeses, the Nerd Trio.

Now that had been anticlimactic, she mused to herself. Warren had shown up in their backyard the day after his humiliation at the park, waving a gun and bellowing his outrage. In this midst of his threats that Buffy wouldn’t get away with it, Buffy had done just that in the form of grabbing one of the garden gnomes and winging it off of his head. The gun had fluttered harmlessly to the ground, Willow had called the police, and that had pretty much been that. Andrew had served less than two years for his part in the only-marginally Evil Plan, Jonathon had received a suspended sentence, and Warren was now firmly ensconced as someone’s bitch, courtesy of the California State Correctional System.

Tara’s soft voice pulled her out of her reverie. “Well, I’m not surprised the Ultimate Victory felt so hollow. I mean, we need evil.”

Willow was silent for a moment. “Yeah, that makes sense…Or at least, it would make sense in some bizarre parallel universe that bears no resemblance to our own.”

“No, really…Think about it, Sweetie. How do you define good if you don’t have its antonym? I mean, could you really understand the concept of big if you had no concept of small?”

Willow pulled back and propped herself up on her elbow. “But Tara, aren’t we fighting to eradicate evil? Like, if someone gave us the option of doing so, of wiping it out completely, do you really think we wouldn’t take it?”

“Yeah, but the question’s entirely rhetorical, Will. We keep fighting because it’s the right thing to do, but we’ll never really have to make the decision you’re talking about. I mean, don’t get me wrong--I’m not saying I want to invite evil over for supper sometime, or join an evil-intensive bowling league. I’m just saying that having such clear examples of bad makes us understand good more completely.”

“Yeah, I guess I can understand that.” Willow snuggled back into Tara’s warmth. “Just as long as we keep averting the biggest of the bads.”

“Agreed.” After a few moments, Tara asked, “So--anything else in that dream?”

Willow struggled to remember more of that alien landscape that had just occupied her mind. “Oh, yeah--Schwartznegger was running for Governor.”

“The Terminator?” Tara’s voice was incredulous.

“Hey--it was a dream. It’s not supposed to make sense.”

Other things, however, made considerably more sense. After their disastrous initial attempt, Xander and Anya had made it more or less successfully down the aisle. More, in that they had actually emerged from the event legally married, and to each other; less, in that the reception had devolved into free-for-all when a G’hornash demon tried to hit on Xander’s father. The ensuing melee had left Xander with a broken nose, Giles with spinach dip on his head, and Hallifrek--of all things--pregnant.

“That drama queen gets herself knocked down at my wedding reception,” Anya had fumed for days afterward.

“I think the term is ‘knocked up,” Xander pointed out gently and nasally.

“And now Xander can’t be on top because he might mash his nose into something so I have to do all the work,” Anya continued as if her husband hadn’t spoken.

“Must. Gouge. Holes. In. Eardrums,” Willow muttered, trying to exit the conversation.

Giles had gone back to England once more, but returned again after an even briefer stay than his first.

“You missed us,” Willow had chortled gleefully.

“I did no such thing,” the librarian retorted. “I’m simply afraid that Anya will not have the necessary focus for The Magic Box, now that she’s settling into married life.”

“Right…Because no other married woman in America works outside the home,” Dawn pointed out.

Dawn was handling post-Keydom with surprising equanimity. She was also finding her way through the social maze of Sunnydale High, which--not unlike her sister--intimidated her far more than did creatures that wanted to eviscerate her.

“At least demons are up-front about their evil schemes,” she pointed out after being snubbed by someone who had pledged best-friendship the week before. Dawn had finally stopped blushing whenever Tara appeared, although Willow suspected that hero-worship was still in the picture. And she couldn’t fault her for that…

Buffy had ended…whatever it was that she had shared with Spike, who had left town after his pleas had failed to move her. She was trying the single life for awhile. “My decisions on that front haven’t always been the best,” she had observed when informing the group of her decision. Willow thought that the resounding silence which followed held more tact than reproach. The Slayer seemed to be trying to figure things out, which was good, but Willow and Tara couldn’t help noticing that for someone who was always complaining about money, Buffy spent a fortune on batteries.

Willow grew drowsy, thinking about their lives and the lives of their friends over these past two years. The movie playing in her mind began to dip and slide with the force of her fatigue. She gave Tara a quick kiss and turned over so that Tara was cradling her from behind. “Night, Baby,” she murmured, and began to drift back to sleep.

How did I ever sleep before Tara? Nothing can feel this good…

Suddenly, a piercing scream ripped through the night. She sat bolt upright in bed, and turned to face Tara, who was staring at her in the night. They waited, seemingly afraid to breathe, wondering if perhaps they’d imagined it. But then another shriek followed the first, and was followed by yet another.

Willow squared her shoulders and drew a deep breath.

“I’ll take care of her,” she sighed. “You were up with her last night.”

To Be Continued

[i]Edited by: [url=http://b16.ezboard.com/bthekittenthewitchesandthebadwardrobe36671.showUserPublicProfile?gmaudmac[/url] Image

Post subject: Re: As Time Goes By
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:04 pm 
heya, great start... waiting for more.. keep it up :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:07 pm 
AU,

I am so glad to see you writing again.

I am sorry RL has been a mess for you lately. Here's hoping things will get better.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:09 pm 
Oh...my...good...Lordy....LORD!

This be a new story by the great and wonderful Antigone!!! Woot!!

I be so excited. I also be writing real bad. But I be not caring!!

New story! New Story!!!! NEw STorY!!!!

Who's yelling?

Update! Come on!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:13 pm 
Hey AntigoneUnbound, first of all I am glad that you have stopped lurking and are posting again. I love the start of this fic, the Buffy battery line cracked me up as did the observation of Sunnydale getting sucked into a pit being anticlimatic :lol I'm looking forward to reading about what else has changed in the last 2 years, although the important fact that Willow and Tara are still together remains.

Sorry that real life sucks right now for you (big cyber hugs) I hope it gets better. I'm glad that you are back :)

So, the day started and I knew my name and had my pants on. So far, so good. Yay.
Amber Benson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:14 pm 
You're BACK!!! And what a great start. So we have competent and seemly normal Scoobys - whouda thunk? Still, I hope the screamer isn't Buffy. Those prophecy dream can be murder if you aren't careful. Great to have you back sweetie, and I'm sorry RL has been less than kind. Please join us in Chat if you ever have a free moment. Oh, and please continue this!

More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly. Woody Allen (1935 - )

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:17 pm 
:applause

Great start. I can't wait to read more. I love your writing very much. Your fics are always a wonderful journey through the good and bad times of our girls. And in the end the characters and the readers are always in a better place that when we started out. From the looks of this first part, this fic will be just as great.

(I am horrible with words, but I hope you figured out what I was trying to say):p

~~~~~~~~~

Tara beamed up at her lover. Willow Rosenberg, shy, unassuming computer geek was about to fuck her girlfriends brains out. Oh God yes baby, bring it on. -Three Months By WillowPowered

Post subject: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:25 pm 
You're back! You're back!!! HUZZZAAAAAH!!!!

Okay, first off, sorry to hear about the break up...cuz I know how those can suck.

But... out of pain has come inspiration... and HOW FANTASTIC IS THAT?!

I LOVE how you recapped and dismissed the end of season 6 through 7...it was brilliant... you are brilliant!!

Also... they have a kid!?!! Well...either a kid or a howler monkey... we shall soon see... but my money is on the kid...

BE STILL MY HEART!!!! YOU RULE!!!

Cheers

DW :pride

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout."

Post subject: Re: WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:29 pm 
:lmao

Quote:
Well...either a kid or a howler monkey

DW,

I just spit a mouthful of soda on to my computer screen with that remark. lol

~~~~~~~~~

Tara beamed up at her lover. Willow Rosenberg, shy, unassuming computer geek was about to fuck her girlfriends brains out. Oh God yes baby, bring it on. -Three Months By WillowPowered

Post subject: Kittens Most Gracious...
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:32 pm 
Why did I let myself go quittin'

When I could have sought comfort from many a Kitten?

As always, I read your words and I just beam. God, I've missed being an active part of the board. And I definitely have some fics to catch up on...Thanks, all of you, for your kind words.

xeembiote: Great name! Thanks for the encouragement and you get the first yellow jersey of this fic!

Rose: Ah, you're sweet. And as ever, you're one of the first on the scene! Thanks for the support.

Marilda: OK, just getting your feedback is reason enough to do fics. You be writin' real bad? You is just real damn good to me! And I'm lovin' "Fractured," girlfriend. Perhaps a screenplay will emerge from that...?

Puff: What else has changed, indeed...We shall see...Thanks for the kind words, Puff. How's married life?

TemperedCynic: Yeah, you know how the Scoobies (as they were rendered in S's 6 & 7) just made my skin crawl...Is Buffy the screamer? Maybe those batteries are working just a little too well...You know, I've never been into chat. I think I'll try it. (I was surprised I managed to figure out how to post here. I'm almost afraid I'll get into chat and not know what to do. So if you see some unintelligible ramblings, that's probably me.) Thanks, TC, for your kind words.

Washi: Hey, Washi! Great to see you! Kittens are indeed the nicest people...And how very perceptive of you: gnomes are most assuredly more vile than bunnies! (Hey--d'ya think it's a coincidence that "vile" is an anagram of "evil"?) Yeah, the opposites idea is a big one for me; seems like it rings true for you as well. So--am I allowed to thank you for your support? As I recall, I wasn't supposed to...

Kerrison: Wow--what kind feedback. And you thought you didn't express yourself well? I beg to differ. I'm glad you're enjoying it. I hope you like where it goes from here. And I'm with you on the screen-spittage at reading DW's words.

DarkWiccan: Hey DW! Aren't you just the greatest thing! You always bring a smile to my face. From pain comes inspiration...Here's hoping! Because for a while there, pain brought only bitterness and bewilderment and let's face it--that's not a good look for anyone. But dammit, DW--can't I put anything past you? You've seen right through my elaborate howler monkey plot. There goes the Hollywood deal! Seriously, though, DW--thanks for the support. You rock!

More as events unfold...

Mary

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:36 pm 
Great to have you back AU.

Who needs real life when you have Willow/Tara goodness and your recommended daily allowance of Different Coloured Pens?

Great start on the new story, by the way:peace

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:58 pm 
Mary!!

Oh, be still my heart! I’m not even stopping to read first... I just noticed your return and have to say, “Welcome back! It’s good to see you again!”

I’m sorry to hear that RL is kinda sucky for you lately, but we all know that this story is a step in the right direction! You always bring a smile to the kittens faces and now we can help bring a smile to yours.

Gotta go now... I hear there’s a NEW story to read!!! WOOHOO!!!

See ya’ around...

Connie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:59 am 
I was giddy when I saw you had posted a new story, and now I'm all intrigued. Sounds like the Scoobies have had a period of relative calm of late. Why do I get the feeling that's all about to change? ;)

Take care of you,

Molly.

"Love is just like breathing when it's true" Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 6:39 am 
Mary,

First off, I was very excited to see your name on the update thread! It's been a long time without your amusing and frequently hysterical verbal twists. I'm also sorry to hear of your gf "dumping" you. That always sucks! :cry

Your framing of the story inside the night is wonderful and sets the tone of this story as one which obviously honors and holds true to the beauty of the W/T relationship. And your summary of s6/s7 in relation to this story is very funny. The entire interaction shows me that we can expect the same witty reparte that we are used to from you and all the Scoobies.

I only have one complaint/criticism about the first chapter: the "catch-up" rings somewhat false in relation to the scream in the night. Our summary says that Dawn is adjusting well to non-keydom and dealing with hs and that Buffy sent Spike packing and is using a lot of batteries. No other house updates but there is a scream in the middle of the night and Tara & Willow discuss who went last night which means that this is not the first time. Which means that either: 1. Dawn is having nightmares or something which I would have expected you to mention in the summary 2. Buffy-ditto 3. There is an addition to the household (could be a baby?) - would have expected you to mention in the catch-up.

Understand that my criticism in no way lessens the joy I feel at another story from your talented mind.

Debra

Edited by: JustSkipIt at: 4/21/04 8:29 am

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:35 am 
Well, I just got to the office and of course my first order of the day is to check Pens and lo and behold... Antigone Unbound is back! Holy freaking yes!

As every kitten, I am very sorry to hear about RL. But I would like to wish you a very 'welcome back' .. I missed you and your brilliance :)

Buffy and her battery purchases... :lol And ooh, a baby? Hmmm

Thank you for sharing this with us.

--------------------------

Tinna Karen

-tölvunörd í fyrsta ættlið

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:55 am 
this is a really cool story :D

the digs at the last couple of seasons of the show, Halfrek getting pregnant at Anya and Xander's wedding and the line about Buffy buying too many batteries was too funny :rofl

can't wait to read more :bounce

I'm not stealing, I'm just taking things without paying for them. In what twisted dictionary is that stealing?
Welcome friends, how may I pervert you?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:27 am 
Woohoo a new story by Antigone :banana :eatme :pinky

From this first part it seems you haven't lost any of your comic touch from GSAA and now there's an emote icon to properly show my appreciation :lmao

looking forward to :read more

The only downside is that I now have the song "As Time Goes By" stuck in my head ;)

There's more than one way to do it. - The Perl mantra

Post subject: Quote - End Quote!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:03 am 
Sorry, Mary, but I need to interject here and scold Washi a little....

Washi:

Quote:
Those are evil, the gnomes. They're more evil than bunnies.

Not that I don't appreciate the reclamation, but let's not forget who's EZ-Profile that came from eh? ;)

Yes, Gnomes are evil.. they are slowly moving toward world domination... I have proof.... trust me on this... their pointy hat's and technicolor clothing alone is evidence enough of their nefariousness....

But in THIS case... I am very happy for the destruction of one evil thing (the gnome) aiding in the elimination of another (Warren).

Way to kill two birdswith one gnome!!! :D

Cheers

DW :pride

Post subject: Re: Quote - End Quote!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:02 am 
Hey!:)

I like ur story so far, cant wait for more. pls be a good girl and give us ur next update ASAP:D

CU:wave

SoL/Natti

Even in death Baby, i´ll never leave u!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:02 pm 
Hi Mary,
When I spotted your long absent moniker I was tempted to squeal and skip about but I felt the would be too unseemly for butch dyke of my advancing years.So let me just emit a very dignified YIPPEE!!!
I was sorry to hear of your domestic upheaval been there and it does suck.I hope Scout and all are doing well.I found that my cats treated me better than my last two girlfriends.
On to a much more pleasant topic,your new story,I just adore it- the skank with a tongue stud and the battery comments were delightful.I'm so very glad to see you back I like your style.Please update often.
Take care,Karen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 5:14 pm 
Hello Kittens-

Yay! Another production of Mary and her Marvelous Muse!

I'm just wondering who 'she' is, not that sweet person like you would ever be tricky. Right now just about anyone and anything including MKF is a possibility.

I wish you the best on the home front. My only suggestion is a brunette from British Columbia. It's worked for me! :kiss2

Happily waiting,

Jixer

Post subject: This Kitten is Smitten
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 8:56 pm 
Hello, all. I have to say again how much I appreciate your warmth and support. When I'm down, I tend to isolate myself and that's never good. Your kindness reminds me of that.

Secondly, there seems to be a consensus that S-7 just sucked beyond words. I don't get UPN, so somebody taped it for me. Not to put too fine a point on it, but--God, did that blow! I was so depressed by it all that I skipped over 4-5 episodes. And is it just me, or does Joss seem determined to kill all of his female characters? Take all the women from "Buffy" and add Lilah, Cordelia and Fred from "Angel." Kill or be killed, indeed...

Taralicious: That's just such a great name. Yeah--RL is over-rated...Thanks for the welcome!

SlayerObsession: And your words brought a smile to my face! It's so cool to know people enjoy these stories...Thanks for checking this out, and taking the time to let me know.

Mollyig: Why, whatever makes you think this period of calm might change? Nope--just a trip to the store; some dinner, maybe a movie...Thanks for the good thoughts, Mollyig.

Debra: Hey y'all! I gotta mosey on back to "Paths" and get caught up! Last I read, Elizabeth was gettin' a smack-down, and I know a lot has happened since then. Thanks for the warm welcome back--it's so cool to hear from someone who's been with me throughout my stories. Now--as to the question of revelation (and no, it didn't diminish your welcome at all): I wanted to give a brief catch-up, a synopsis of the past 2 years, but leave the most glaring news-flash for the last. The other updates involved characters already known and thus the reader, if learning of a few people, might well wonder about all the rest. But I wanted this latest addition to come as a surprise, and tried to disguise it (briefly) as yet another thing that goes bump in the Sunnydale night. God, it feels good to write again, and think about these things--thanks for helping me do it! And how's Rachel?

Tinnakaren: Hello, again! Yeah, RL blew for awhile but I'm smiling again. The battery comment came (as it were) from nowhere, but it was fun to envision! Thanks for writing, TK!

Grimaldi: Obviously, we have a similar opinion of the "quality" of S-7. That was just fun to write, frankly. Thanks for the good thoughts, Grimaldi.

Justin: Hey, Justin! So cool to see your name! What's up on your fic front these days? Tell me what I need to catch up on, OK? Sorry about the song fixation. Whatever you do, don't start humming "Feelings." OK? Don't do that. Thanks for the kind words, Justin.

DarkWiccan: So you need to scold Washi? Um--should we give you a moment? Seems kinda...personal. And the gnomes--for the love of God, DW, don't let them see you writing about them! You'll be their next target!

Stroke of Luck: Updates? I can manage that. Gimme a day, OK? Thanks!

Good2Cats: Hey you! God, it's good to see your name here! And I consider you no less butch for the near-squeal. I'm a big strong country girl, but I saw a spider the other day (hate those things!) and screamed like the girliest of girls...And yeah--my cats have been all with the love since the break-up. Seems we have a similar sense of humor, if I may be so presumptuous, so it's always a confirmation of sorts when I make you laugh. Thanks for writing, girl--it's a major boost.

Jixer: Howdy ho, Jixer! A brunette from BC? Does Mrs. Jixer have a sister? And doesn't that sound like the start to a limerick? Hmm...And who's "she"? Ah--you'll soon find out...Great to "see" you again, Jix!

Thanks again, all. You rock.

Mary

Post subject: Re: This Kitten is Smitten
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 10:51 pm 
AntigoneUnbound,

I'm THRILLED to see you writing again. You are by far one of the best on the boards and I miss reading your work. I'm sorry about your recent bad luck in life. I guess writing really IS cathartic, huh? Works for me anyway. I love the sarcasm and wit in this first part. I was chuckling the whole read through. Also, I'm hoping the scream was a little mini Willow or Tara... that would be so cool! Please keep writing. Keep smiling to, we love you!!

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

Post subject: Re: This Kitten is Smitten
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:16 am 
Mary,

Finally, I've got time to write some feedback. (This working for a living really cuts into your time.)

Interesting points you make about female mortality in the Jossverse. For a concept that started out to be about "girl power" it's come to a point where there isn't a live human female left. He must have got on a roll with wiping out all those potentials. Of course it all started with Tara ... no, wait, Joyce ... no, Jenny. Egad!

Had to chuckle at Willow's dream. S7 does somehow seem like a nightmare we'd like to wake up from. Somehow I don't think the idea of being licked is what Willow found gross, it's just that the licker was "some skank-bot with a pierced tongue" instead of Tara. And Arnie as governor has to be part of a nighmare. Nothing like that could actually happen in real life, right?

The recap of the anticlimactic Warren situation was comforting, yet chilling at the same time. Willow has no idea how close they were to losing everything. Let's hear it for Buffy and the Gnomes. (sounds like a 60s band)

Interesting to read the updates on everyone; it sounds like they're actually having (relatively) normal lives. This is what I'd expect for your Scoobies, since you always write them as (relatively) sane people who stick by each other and don't mess up their lives at every opportunity. Someone should tell Joss that this is what makes for a good story.

Nice bit of tension created with the piercing scream. First thought was that it was someone being attacked. However, it now sounds a lot like someone is wet and hungry.

A nice little intro & teaser; it makes me eager to read more. Of course, I've been eager to read more since "Gods served" ended.

Great to have you back here, Mary.

Russ

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 4:27 am 
Hey Mary, Queen of Scot(tissues).

Pausing… considering suckage… concluding… without a doubt, RL f**king bites, and moving on, grateful your muse has dragged you back to party. Welcome back to the land of all things Kittenish. But Mary, you know when it comes to your writing, whilst the object of the preposition may have changed, the adjective *never* applies! Glad to have you back.

To begin … “Well, it's still the same old story A fight for love and glory, A case of do or die. The world will always welcome lovers As time goes by.” A favourite author alluding to my favourite movie, it just doesn’t get any better than this. Ok, perhaps that’s a little optimistic, but seems like a damn fine place to start.

I’ve decided the most difficult part of writing feedback for your work is choosing what to comment on. There’s always so much happening, and time does not permit the treatment your writing deserves. Mary, you haven’t missed a beat. I loved the opening salvo, nice way to wipe out season 7 – couldn’t agree more. As for the un-dynamic trio, a fitting end. Interesting philosophical set up. You don’t waste much time before delving into thought provoking writing. Though I tend to prefer Existentialism, there’s nothing like a good dose of Gnosticism to get the neurons synapsing, even at six in the morning. What a good little heretic you are!

Enjoyed how you picked up the lives of the Scoobies after GSaA. Did I mention much in the way of smiling as I read? Can say, I’ve missed your sharp wit! So having brought us up to speed, what’s this with the ending … what, good slave to the muse, are you setting up here. As always, I look forward to the ride. When life is hell, the KB is a wonderful oaisis. Glad to have you back!

Peace!!

Patches

You know I've heard about people like me. But I never made the connection. They walk one road to set them free, And find they've gone the wrong direction. But there's no need for turning back 'cause all roads lead to where I stand. And I believe I'll walk them all No matter what I may have planned

Edited by: Patches at: 4/22/04 4:22 am

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:06 am 
Hey AU!

Another great one! The pierced tongue skank (and Tara not being large with the butch), Buffy and her batteries, the gnomes were great, but my favorite was Warren being somebody's bitch!! :applause :applause Yay!

This one's already priceless. Welcome back!

Wimpy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:55 am 
Hi

I had never read any of your fics before, but hearing Washi loose her mind in chat, Lol and Mike and others screaming and screeching in joy. Propelled me to come check it out. and I have to say your writing is everything they said it would be. I love how you used the security of Tara's presence for Willow to totally bash season sux and the skank bot season. How I wish it had all been a crappy anti climatic dream. I can't wait to see how normal Dawn, Buffy trying to be her on her own, and the howler monkey all make out. Btw does the lil curtain climber have red or blonde fur heh?

Thanks for writing, and I hope things in the real world pick up for you.

Arron

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies;

And all that's best of dark and bright. Meet in her aspect and her eyes.

~ by Byron ~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 6:54 pm 
I love your sense of humor. You have wit that would make Oscar Wilde hang his head in jealousy. I loved Willow's nightmare. Truly it was too ridiculous to be true. :lmao

Great stuff! :bounce

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 7:07 pm 
:bigwave Hey there!! So glad to see you have finally found your way back to us, and with another great fic!:pinky

As for your ex...:wtf Her loss, and hopefully you will gain strength from it.

Loved Willow's dream, cracked me up!

Look forward to more, soon! :D

BV

It's the passion in a kiss that gives to it its sweetness; it is the affection in a kiss that sanctifies it.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 8:00 pm 
Quote:
Willow shook her head in distress. “Oh, that part was just so bizarre. Some total skank-bot with a pierced tongue kept trying to lick me.”

:rofl :happycry I don't think I have ever laughed so much reading a fic...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27  Next