The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: next part
PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:16 am 
I actually yelped with happiness when I saw an update!

Thanks muchly.

Adding up the total of a love that's true, multiply life by the power of two
Indigo Girls

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 12:34 pm 
Ouuu this is great, i remember i started reading it on the old board...:)

*off to start reading again*

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 1:40 pm 
I started reading this on the Willtara list and am so glad that you are still continuing with it!

Great Update, I wait with baited breath to see what happens next!

If you love men so much, go love men! - Anya before walking off with Willow's coffee in Entropy

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2002 12:58 am 
Brava!

good antidote to seeing red.

"It's like, it's like freeze frame. Willow kissage."
Innocence

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2002 8:53 pm 
I'm with you on that one, Tiny Jewish Santa :)

More, please?

-Nora

--------------

I was waiting but it took too long!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2002 8:46 pm 
this story... wow...this is realy good.i am surprised about how creative some of you kittens are

its a pleasure to read and i hope you continue with it.I love the cute little smoochie parts,awww :grin

i must say that i am very dissapointed i the lack of happiness this season on btvs.this helps a great

deal with all the sadness on the show.smooches and gay love,YAY!!! i cant wait for an update to the story

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 12:50 am 
Its such a nice story. willow and tara are so great :)

SO sad that tara died.................... :( so sad....................

:willow + :tara = Yay!

Post subject: Awsome
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2002 4:31 am 
Hey, Awsome update. I love this fic. It is one of my favorites on the board. You Rock. I can't wait for the next update. :grin I hope that it's up soon, 'cos I love to read this. I'm addicted to this fic. That's a good thing though. Well, Much Love to ya,

Lisa

I :love :tara / Amber 4 Life

I :love This fic

This is our Last Embrace, Must I dream and Always see your face.~ Jeff Buckley "Last goodbye"

Post subject: next part
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 9:16 pm 

I worked really slow and my beta really fast, so here’s the next part. Maybe I’m able to finish this ‘thing’ before Christmas.

The soulhouse really existed. Today it’s a small museum in my birth town. For the city I’m using the city I’m living in for nine years now. I’ve really tried to get away but small towns with castles are my curse. If you want to know how it looks like just search the net for ‘Marburg’. Yeah right, we even had our own Ebola-virus hereJ)))

Thank you for staying with me so far.

Part 10

„No way.“ Clare screamed. The animals in the stable behind the kitchen scratched and moaned in protest of the noise.

Maybe she had the animals’ attention. But still her girlfriend wouldn’t look at her. Tasha preferred to look at an invisible spot at the table, hiding behind her hair.

And Clare stared at her as if her fierce gaze could burn through the blonde curtain that tried to keep her at bay. Normally she would have reached out to push the hair back to insure her lover that she needn’t to hide from her.

This time Tasha had good reasons to hide. But it wouldn’t stop her. She could feel the hot, burning spots that covered her face. Suddenly it was very hot. But not from the fireplace. It had already burned down, only the small, red smolder between the dark ash indicated that there had been a fire at all.

Right now there was enough heat and anger in her to warm the whole city.

She knew that her staring wouldn’t get Tasha’s attention. There had been enough occasions for her to learn how stubborn her girlfriend could be in her hiding. Stubborn and shy.

Well she hadn’t been shy just a moment ago, when she had told Elisabeth that she wouldn’t take her with her. Goddamn it, then she could be brave enough to face her now.

When looks alone couldn’t get her girlfriend’s attention she grabbed her arm and yanked her off her chair.

The blonde stared at her, the disbelief visible in her dark blue eyes. At least she’d gotten her attention. She loosened her grip at the blonde’s arm but didn’t let go. There would be marks tomorrow and she would apologize over and over again. And maybe she would kiss the marks away and cause new one with her lips. But not tonight. She was tired of being pushed around like this from her girlfriend. She had given her her word and she would ensure that she kept it.

“I don’t stay behind.” She hissed through gritted teeth.

“You’ve heard Elisabeth. It’s gotten too dangerous.” Tasha whispered back.

“Too dangerous for me but not for you? What are you planning, anyway? Do you want to dance naked around the church or burn it down?” A dry laugh escaped her lips. “Well that would get his attention I think. But I don’t think that revenge will do it.”

“This isn’t about revenge.” Again Tasha avoided her questioning gaze.

“What is it then?” This was getting more and more frustrating. Clarissa looked at Elisabeth, her eyes pleading for help. But the old woman shook her head. She wouldn’t interfere.

Her anger still boiled in her but slowly an other emotion broke through to the surface when the blonde still didn’t answer. Under all her anger about being left out she was afraid. Afraid about what her lover planed. What could be so dangerous that she didn’t fear to take her through the dark streets but wouldn’t take her any further?

She didn’t want to lose her. She couldn’t lose her. Images of how she found the blonde after her family had beaten her up flooded her mind, paralyzing her with fear.

Fingers stroke over hers.

“It’s nothing like that.” A squeeze underlined the witch’s soft words, pulling the princess out of her paralyzed state.

“What is it then?” Clarissa asked again, her voice revealing her concern.

“Helping people.”

Confusion wrote itself all over the redhead’s face. She knew that Tasha had helped others through her whole life. Even at the castle she had helped wherever she was needed. Till……. Till the priest caught her. His words rang in her ears, ‘She’s a witch working her devilish magic on these lost souls’. His whole body had glimmered with hate. And she had threatened him. Making it even worse. As long as she protected Tasha he couldn’t take his anger out on her. But he had found a way to work his anger.

“Oh.” All her smart words had left her. Because of her threatening it had gotten nearly impossible for the women to help others without being brutally punished. Overwhelmed with guilt she looked down at her feet.

How could Tasha even look at her after what she’d done?

“No, It’s not your fault.” Tasha read her thoughts and lifted her face to look at her.

“It’s nobody’s fault.” The old woman interrupted them, causing them to turn to her. After she was sure she had their attention she continued. “I’ve known him for years. Even before the two of you were born. He always has been god’s arm of punishment, never of his love. And the Inquisition gives him every opportunity he needs to release his anger and fury.” Her palm stroke over the dark wooden table, her eyes following the pattern of wood. “You just reminded him, but if it weren’t you it would have been an other small incident. An old woman picking camomile for tea or a child picking up a flower. Only coincidence.” Her fingers stopped for a second to explore an especially interesting spot at the tabletop. “Pure coincidence.”

Tasha shook her head her lips a firm line. “That doesn’t change anything. I will help.”

“And I´ll go with you.” Clarissa added stubborn. Even Tasha’s stern look couldn’t change her mind. “By your side or I’ll follow you secretly. And to be honest, I’m a little scared of all the dark streets and if I lose you I’m not sure I’ll find my way back to the castle. I might get lost, roaming through the dangerous streets all by myself for hours not being able to find back. And who knows what hides in the shadows and there are many shadows.” She nodded aggravating her babbling. “Demons. Are there any demons? It was dark enough out there to hide demons. And I think I saw some yellow gleaming eyes in that awful smelling street. But then it was smelling that bad maybe I was hallucinating. I hope I don’t hallucinate again, I might faint and then I will lie in a small dark, awful smelling street with scary monsters surrounding me.” She shuddered theatrical before she took a deep breath to continue. But she was stopped by her lover’s index-finger on her lips.

“You really would do it, wouldn’t you?” The blonde asked her.

Silenced through the finger, Clarissa only nodded.

Tasha closed her eyes and covered her face with her hand. When she looked up a small furrow appeared between her brows. Her eyes caught Clare’s and she stared at her, before she lowered her shoulders in defeat.

“But you stay close to me and follow my orders. If you don’t do it I’ll bring you back to the castle straight away.” She surrendered.

A bright smile plastered the Princess’s face as she nodded enthusiastically, her red bangs hopping up and down. She crossed her fingers in front of her. “Promise.”

“Show me your other hand.” Tasha insisted and pulled Clare’s other hand into her view.

“Hey, don’t you trust me?” The redhead pouted and shoved her lower lip forward.

“No.” Tasha held the hand tight in hers. “Swear again.” She pinned her girlfriend in place with her eyes.

“I swear.” Clarissa answered in a tiny voice.

“Good.”

“But…” Clare was stopped by the deep blue fire in her girlfriends eyes. She gulped. “No, there’s no ‘but’. Not even the tiniest ‘but’. I’m totally ‘butless’. I don’t even have such a word in my vocabulary.”

“Fine.”

They were back on the streets and Clarissa was glad that she didn’t have to follow Tasha secretly. Otherwise she would have gotten lost. It hadn’t been just a threat to make Tasha give in. She would have been utterly lost in these streets, even more as they had left the big illuminated street again and headed for the small river at the bottom of the hill.

She turned her head to look back at the castle. It had been a long way from the top of the hill down to these streets. Figurative and literally. But even here, wandering through the dark and dangerous streets she didn’t want to go back. Somewhere deep down inside her she wished that they might really get lost and never find their way back to the cold stone-heart of the city, enthroned above everything, watching indifferently the life and death beneath it.

She had been a part of this. Most of her time she hadn’t even been aware of the city. That her room lay to the other side with a wonderful view at the lush meadows and forests (and to the small village Tasha’s farm belonged to) wasn’t a real excuse. She had learned all her lesson’s from her mother. ‘Be gentle and patient with your people, they don’t know about the burdens we take for them. They don’t know how to reign and what it costs us. They are only interested in their own profit. Never see the bigger picture.’

Back then she had turned to her father, asking him silently for support. But he had only played with his newest hawk. He didn’t even notice her presence as he taught his newest pet for the hunt.

So she had nodded and turned back to her books.

But now she couldn’t turn away any longer. She was right in the middle of it. She was scared and she liked it at the same time. But then she liked … no loved everything she did with Tasha.

Her eyes traveled up to Tasha’s face. Hidden under her cape she couldn’t hardly make out the features of the face she could draw with closed eyes.

They hadn’t spoken a single word since they left the house. After she had promised Tasha to follow her orders, the blonde had left the kitchen together with Elisabeth, ordering her to wait. At the beginning she had been anxious that Tasha would trick her and leave without her, but shortly after the witch had returned with a bag filled with herbs and two capes for them.

Covered under the heavy wooden fabric they had continued their way through the city in silence. And with every step they took the silence grew thicker filling Clarissa’s heart with anxiety. What if Tasha was angry with her? Maybe she’d gone too far and the blonde wouldn’t speak to her ever again?

The blonde was always patient but even she had to have a limit and what if she had crossed the boundaries? She’d never been good at being moderate.

Uncertain her eyes searched the blonde’s face for any signs of disapproval. Whenever Tasha was angry there was this small furrow between her slender brows and the barely visible hardening of her jaw. But the worst thing about an angry Tasha was the icy stare. From one second to the other the same blue eyes that held nothing but love for the whole world could turn into a deep, cold sea, their icy cold waves drowning the offender and freezing him to its bones.

Finally they reached the small bridge that led over the river. Tasha had avoided the bigger stone bridge, preferring the small wooden bridge. But they had to leave the pavement, and exchanged it for the wet muddy ground to get there. And with every step the dampness creped from the muddy ground through her shoes, soaking her feet further. It didn’t help her to feel any better. All she could do was to clench her teeth to stop them from chattering.

As they reached the middle of the bridge the redhead stopped. She closed her eyes listening to the rushing blackness beneath her. It was hypnotic. Its calmness flowed through her soothing her tensed nerves.

“Do you hate me?“ her tiny voice was hardly audible over the rush. She wasn’t even sure if the blonde had stopped or had continued her way without looking back.

“No.“ Tasha’s hand gently stroke her shoulder, confusion covering her face. “I could never hate you.”

“Then why don’t you talk to me?“ Clare’s eyes were still fixed at an imaginative point in the water.

“Oh Clare.” Tasha sighed. “I’m not mad at you.“ Her fingers traveled down the princess’ arm, sending a pleasant shiver through the redhead’s body that replaced the cold with the warm fuzzy feeling of being loved. The blonde clasped her hand.

“I’m angry with myself for getting you into this.” She folded back her cape before she reached out to pull Clarissa’s cape back as well to get a better look at her lover.

In the light of the moon the redhead could see a small frown at her girlfriend’s face but it wasn’t that mad-at-you-frown she had feared. It was the I’m-really-worried-about-all-this-frown. A particular frown that always elicited the urge in her to bend over and kiss all those worries away.

She reached out and her index-finger brushed over the small crinkle in an effort to erase it. “I always want to kiss it away.” She whispered absentmindedly. A small smile whooshed over her face as she felt her lover shiver under the simple touch. “But I’m afraid this isn’t the right place.”

Tasha captured her hand and led it to her mouth to kiss the fingertip that hat caressed her. With a look of regret she shook her head. “But you can kiss it away when we’re back at our room.” She dipped her head to look at Clare from below, a sly smile playing around her lips.

“I could do more than kissing.” Suddenly her throat was dry, forcing her to gulp audible. How did this happen? A moment ago she had feared that her girlfriend wouldn’t love her anymore and now they were standing at this muddy bridge in public, discussing their love-life. As much as she loved the direction their dialog took it didn’t answer the questions her mind threw at her. She didn’t understand half of what was going on around her.

She braced herself. Her girlfriend sensed the change and the worry was back on her face. “You…. You don’t…..”

„I will....... but....“ she took a deep breath and released it with a sigh. “So much has happened in the last days. The last hours, minutes. So much I don’t understand and you….” Her green eyes connected with blue ones. “You aren’t helpful at all. Not that your not helpful. I know we’re on this mission to help people but you weren’t helpful to me with my mind throwing all this questions at me. Questions I don’t have answers for. And it made my head go all spinny. And if I stare any longer at this river I think I’m going to be seasick.”

“Don’t look at it.“ Tasha tried lighten up the situation but the stare it earned her from her lover silenced her.

“That isn’t the point.” Shocked at her own harsh voice the princess continued softer. “I hate you being all heroic on me. You lock me out of you life and I have to beg and even threat you to get in again.” She shook her head before she lowered it. “I don’t like this.” Her fingers clutched into the wooden railing and she pressed her lips tight together. “I just feel like the junior-partner of this relation-ship sometimes.”

“Oh baby, I, I’m sorry. I d-d-didn’t mean to.” Tasha’s stutter was back at full force for the first time in a long run. She looked up into the sky searching for the right words to make things better. “I just want to protect you. I, I couldn’t b-bear you g-getting hurt.”

A dry laugh escaped the princess’ throat. „If I remember correctly you are the one who gets hurt all the time. Not me.”

“You fell off a horse.” Tasha reminded her.

“Yeah, thanks for that happy memory.” She tilted her head. “Actually it is a pleasant memory. Not the getting on the big, evil horse and the riding on the devilish horse and at least the falling off.” She shook her head vehemently, her red bangs flying around her. “No that part was really bad.” Her eyes gazed at the two deep blue pools before her. “But it brought you into my life. There won’t ever be a better memory in my life. Please, let me stay in your life.”

The frame of her girlfriend trembled slightly as she stepped closer and captured her face in her hands. Then she pulled the redhead close and kissed her.

“Hmmm, what about the public-part?“ Clarissa mumbled as they parted. She gazed into the dark blue eyes that were only inches away.

“Don’t see anyone.” Tasha whispered, her breath caressing Clare’s cheek as the blonde bent forward to place a kiss at her temple. Then she pulled away and watched her girlfriend carefully. “Stay as long as you want.”

“Forever.“

„That was a nice part.“ Willow sighed. “night, moon, confessions and a kiss. My preferred combination.” She grinned.

She looked up to meet Tara’s eyes. Worry crept into her heart as she watched her expression. “Oh no, come on they suffered enough. No more suffer.”

“Honey, I just tell the story. All is settled up. Life has good and bad parts.” Tara said.

“Great, I didn’t ask for a realistic fairy tale.” Willow grumbled and crossed her arms over her chest. “If I want realistic, depressing stories I’ll watch TV.“

Post subject: next part (second half)
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2002 9:23 pm 

After they left the bridge Tasha stopped and pulled Clarissa to a tree near by. It was almost black under there as no moonlight reached through the dense top.

“Hey, what are you planning.” Clarissa asked teasingly. “didn’t we agree to wait till we get back.” Her hand reached out to draw small circle at Tasha’s pelvis.

Although the blonde couldn’t see it she pouted as Tasha squirmed out of her touch. “not yet.” She breathed heavily. „business before pleasure.“ She rummaged through her bag and pushed something into Clarissa’s hand. “Wear this. And don’t pull your cape down.”

The princess felt the soft fabric in her hand. “What is it?”

“A mask. Just a small precaution.” She put on her own mask and pulled her cape over her face.

“Are you ready?“

„Uhmmm. I think.“ Clarissa turned her head left and right to adjust to the mask. She felt uncomfortable, like on a fancy-dress ball. “If I could see anything.” She nestled at her mask. “Is it really necessary?” The redhead asked when Tasha reached over to adjust her mask. The soft fingertips brushing against her temples sent small waves of pleasure through her.

“Better?“ The blonde asked.

Clare nodded unable to speak.

“Elisabeth gave them to me. She told me it’s necessary these days to stay anonymous.” She took Clare’s hand and led her back to the street.

As they continued their way Clarissa didn’t dare to look up in her effort to stay covered. Whenever someone passed them she dipped her head even further afraid to act suspicious. Somewhat relieved she realized that no-one paid attention to them. They were too absorbed in their own world. And from the look on their faces it didn’t look like a pleasant world.

Her hand sneaked out to grasped Tasha’s. And she was rewarded with a reassuring squeeze and a small smile from her girlfriend. Then Tasha’s eyes focused on the huts around them again. Her eyes darted from the right to the left and back again like she was searching for something.

“What are you looking for?” Clare whispered, afraid someone might eavesdrop them.

“A sign.”

“Well I’ve got that much.” Clare answered grumpily. She tilted her head back and pushed her cape back a little to see more. For her the huts all looked the same. Shabby-looking and neglected.

Suddenly Tasha stopped and focused on a small stone house on her right. She tilted her head to take a closer look. Before she nodded satisfied and pulled her bag closer.

“Here.” Her head nodded at the house and Clarissa followed her direction.

Then the blonde turned to look at her. “Listen to me. No matter what don’t take your mask down. And stay behind me.”

Clarissa still stared at the house. She concentrated on it really hard but it didn’t look any different than the other ones surrounding it. And there wasn’t any vibration neither good nor bad emanating from it. But then she wasn’t’ good at feeling vibrations. To be honest she’d never tried it before.

“What’s so different about this one? I don’t see a sign. Except for the I’m-looking-like-all-the-other-houses-sign.” she asked in defeat. “is it a nether realm sign. Something I can’t see because I’m no witch. Like a house aura? You told me about auras but I didn’t know that houses could have ones too. What color is it?” she titled her head and narrowed her eyes. “Green with a sprinkle of yellow, I assume.”

A giggle stopped her babbling. “What?” She asked offended. “I’m sensing a non-witch-discrimination here.” She bit on her lower lip and pouted.

“no discrimination intended.” Tasha waved her hands in defeat. “And no the house hasn’t an aura. Just these two small pebbles next to the door. Elizabeth changes the sign every week. She’d been always very carefully. And if you need help you’ll put the sign next to your door.”

They reached the door and Tasha knocked. “Stay behind me.”

A middle-aged man with tired eyes opened the door just a bit and peered out. “What do you want?” He asked in an harsh tone, causing Clare to step back. But Tasha held her ground.

“Y-you need help.” She asked him, no sign in her voice that she was offended by his unfriendly manners.

He blinked and examined her from head to toe before he opened the door and motioned them to come in. Carefully he watched the street and then closed the door.

It was a small room lit by the fire at the fireplace. A table was placed in the middle of the room. Two small children sat there, a girl and a boy. The boy was barely able to look over the table as he watched her with big eyes. His older sister, maybe six years old, stared at her, her lips pressed into a small line.

Tasha opened her cape and handed it Clarissa. As the Princess was about to take off hers the witch slightly shook her head. ‘No’ she mouthed silent. Then she turned to the man.

“Your wife?” She asked him as she rolled up her sleeves to get ready to work. Her eyes scanned the room, taking in what she might need.

The man nodded and closed his eyes, his fingers pinching the bridge of his nose.

“What happened?” Tasha asked. Slowly his eyes focused on her and he shook his head to get rid of his tiredness before he answered her.

“Fever. It started five days ago. We, I thought it was a cold, but the fever didn’t stop. She has gotten weaker every day. I’m afraid she might die.” He whispered and glanced at his children to make sure they hadn’t heard him. The girl looked back at him knowingly whilst her brother played with a small wooden horse lost in his own little world.

“Go to your wife. I’ll follow in a minute.”

Tasha watched the man as he stepped to the door and took a deep breath. Then he wiped his hands on his trousers before he opened the door and slipped carefully into the room with every effort not to wake his wife. All very carefully to not wake his wife.

When he was gone Tasha turned to Clarissa.

“What can I do?” The princess asked her.

“Stay with the children. Tell them a story.”

“A story? But I don’t know good stories.” Clare felt the panic rise in her stomach tying it into a knot. “And they don’t seem to like me. The boy, he has a horse, that’s so not a good sign. And the girl? She wants to hurt me. Maybe I can come with you, hold your bag? I’m a very good bag-holder.” She nodded vehemently. And if her head hadn´t been attached to her neck she was sure it would have fallen down from all the nodding.

“They are scared. their mother is sick and they’re afraid they might lose her.” Tasha’s hand traveled up the redhead’s arm till it rested at her elbow. Her thumb draw small patterns over her bone. “You’ll be great. Just be yourself. Talk to them, keep them busy.”

The redhead couldn’t resist the trust that emanated from the blue eyes. She couldn’t deny those blue eyes anything. If Tasha believed she could soothe the children then she would be the greatest children-soother in the whole world.

“You’re a master in keeping someone busy.” The blonde smiled at her and melted her heart. And Clare couldn’t do anything than smile back at her like an idiot. She was under a spell when it came to Tasha and her smiles.

She nodded still lost in the blue eyes when her mind finally registered Tasha’s last sentence. “Wait a minute. That was an insult wasn’t it?”

But the blonde didn’t answer. She had vanished into the room were the sick woman lay leaving her behind with her foes all by herself.

“I can do this.” She muttered to herself and took a deep breath, before she plastered a bright smile at her face.

“Hi there, little ones.” She waved her hand as she approached them.

“Is this seat taken?” She pointed at the chair next to the boy. The girl didn’t react she just stared at the room were her mother lay. But at least the boy looked up from his play and nodded before he turned back to his horse.

Clarissa sighed and sat down. This wouldn’t be easy. Her foot wiped nervously as she thought about what to do next. A story. Tasha had told her to tell them a story. But what was an appropriate story for children? Something without death. Death would be inappropriate right now. Well that excluded more than half the stories she knew. Why were all the fairy tales nurses told their children so brutal? Girls eaten by wolves, drowned or blinded princes. Fairy tale land was a really scary place she realized.

She bit her lower lip forcing her mind to race faster and to find a solution. Her face lighted up when she remembered a story where a horse was killed and his head hung up above the town gate. But with a look at the boy and his small toy she dismissed the idea.

Start slowly, she reminded herself, Tasha is counting on you, don’t let her down. “Uhm, by the way I’m Cl….” ‘Not you real name’, her mind screamed at her. “Claudia.” That was close.

The first step was done.

“Peter.” The small boy answered without looking up from his horse racing above the cutlery, he had arranged in a course.

Expectantly she looked at the girl, but she was only rewarded with a short look before she turned back to the door.

‘I can do this, I can do this’ Clare repeated over and over again in her head but she didn’t believe herself.

“Nice horse.” ‘Liar’ The voice in her head told her and no reaction from the kids.

Next try. “Do you want to hear a story?”

“Mom’s gonna die.” For the first time the girl looked at her, her dark brown eyes piercing right through her. Her eyes seemed much too old for the young child.

“No.” The panic was back. Tasha hadn’t told her she had to talk to the children about her mother dying. She was so not prepared for that. “See my friend, the woman I came with? She’s really good at helping people. Once I fell from a horse and she saved me. She’s really good. And she’ll help your mother.” She hoped that she was right. Tasha had to save their mother.

The brown eyes were still fixed at her. Then slowly, almost unnoticeable her eyes softened and she nodded. God, she didn’t want to disappoint these eyes.

A tug on her cape turned her attention to the boy.

“Can I sit on your lap?”

“Of course sweetie.” She opened her arms and scooted the boy from his chair into her lap. He shifted a little before he settled down comfortable, his horse still clutched in his fist. When he leaned his head against her chest, Clarissa held her breath.

“Did it hurt when you fell?” He asked her.

Awkwardly she stroke his silky blond hair. When he didn’t protest she released her breath relieved. “A little bit. My head hurt.”

“Do you have to wear the mask to cover your deformed face?” He asked innocently.

“What? No, no!” She yelped. “Uhm, no… it’s not disfigured. The mask….” Suddenly it grew very hot under her cape.

“Sometimes you have to wear a mask to pursue your work.” A deep voice came from the door. She looked up to see the husband and Tasha entering the room.

The blonde smiled at her proudly before she went to a pail to wash her hands. “She will be better in a few days. Take care that she takes the herbs and drinks a lot.”

The small girl jumped from her chair and ran to her father. She clinched to his leg and looked up at him. “She won’t die?”

A soft smile played around his lips as he lifted her into his arms and brought her at eye’s level. “No, Susan. She will be alright in a few days. And we will take care of her.”

The girl nodded and threw her arms around her father, cuddling up to his chest.

With tears in his eyes he faced Tasha. “What do I owe you?”

“Nothing.” The blonde shook her head. “She isn’t that sick. I, I just gave her s-some herbs to loosen the phlegm and something to let her sleep. Nothing to thank for. Just a few days sleep and she would have gotten well without me.”

But he wouldn’t accept. “If you ever need something, You’ll know where to find me.”

“I liked that part.” Willow yawned.

“You’re tired? You should sleep. I can finish the story another time.” Tara tucked her into her blanket.

“No.” Willow shook her head but stopped when her world started to turn again. “I need to know the end. Too many unknown quantities right now. What about the priest, Phillip? And don’t forget Anya. No can’t forget the vengeance demon.” She grumbled. “Not even when you’re sick you can forget the demon.”

Tara laughed and leaned down to kiss the pout away. “Baby, you know how all fairy tales end, don’t you?”

“Yeah, but there’s always so much suffer in between.”

tbc..............

Post subject: Re: next part (second half)
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:40 am 
This story makes me happy.

Thank you, mirage.

---------------------------
I think I'm going berserk. Would you like to come too?-- Buckner & Garcia

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 4:08 am 
“If I want realistic, depressing stories I’ll watch TV.“

hehe. Thank goodness for the Pens and stories like these. :)

Wonderful update! I like how the girls stuck together. Thanks for keeping the story going. Looking forward to more!

----------------------------------

"Tara's not dead at all - she just has a new group of writers." - Sassette

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 6:37 am 
this is such a great story....you write all of these characters so well!! love the little willow/tara interludes in between the tale too. can't wait for an update!!

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 10:00 am 
Mirage I am so glad to see an update to this wonderful story. I loved seeing Clare holding firm when Tasha wanted to go alone, but with threats of getting lost with the possibility of demons preying on her, Tasha relented. I liked seeing the "Junior partner" dialogue in this part. Tasha so loves Clare that she wants to do everything possible to protect Clare, but as Clare points out they are in a relationship, and they must trust each other to work as a team.

It was wonderful seeing Tasha caring for others, and being a healer. Loved when Tasha was helping the wife, Clare had to occupy the kids, but all the fairytales she knew were quite grim, as well as the boy liking horses (ie Clare is not to fond of this type of beast). Lastly, I liked how the story went back to W&T, and as Tara pointed out bad things may occur, but have faith that a fairytale always has a happy ending. Really love this story, and can't wait to see how the other pieces (ie Anya, Phillip, the priest, and etc) come into play as the story moves along.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2002 2:03 pm 
Ah yes, good point Willow has raised about Philip! She's not the only one who wants this story to continue.

Indigo Girls

Post subject: Part 11
PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 9:32 pm 

That’s the last post for at least four weeks. I’ll make a little trip to Iceland.

We’ll heading for the final. Okay it’s still a long way to get there but just one figure more to introduce or re-introduce (although not in this part) and I have all the players together I need.

Part 11

„Tara?“ A hoarse voice squeaked through the house. “Tara Maclay. Where are you?” Barefooted but carefully wrapped into her comforter Willow waddled down the staircase. At the bottom she sniffed and wiped her nose before she walked down the hall in search for her girlfriend. “Explain yourself.” She demanded into the empty living room. Dazzled by the bright morning light she narrowed her eyes and continued her way.

“I hope you have a really good explanation.” She mumbled. “A really good explanation.” Following the sound of chatting voices she headed for the kitchen, wrapping her cape tighter around herself.

Her pout grew bigger as she took in the scene that enfolded before her as she entered the kitchen.

Facing each other Tara and Anya sat around the table, both with a steaming cup of coffee in front of them.

“You’re awake.” Tara’s face lit up as she turned to her girlfriend. She was on her way to the redhead but stopped when she saw her face. “Honey, what’s up? Do you feel worse? You shouldn’t be up.” She ran into full mother-hen modus.

The blonde closed the distance and brushed through Willow’s dishevelled hair before her hand came to rest at the redhead’s forehead. “Doesn’t feel hot.” She said relieved.

“I don’t have a fever.” Willow murmured and pulled back, her pout still visible on her face.

“Honey?” Tara asked confused, a small frown building between her furrows.

“I’m mad at you.” The redhead crossed her arms over her chest but wasn’t satisfied with her action as the comforter hid her protest-action. She had to settle for pushing her lower lip even further.

Slightly confused Tara shook her head. “I’m sorry, baby. What have I done?”

“You prefer to sit here with the ex-demon enjoying a coffee instead of telling me my fairy tale.” Only now she acknowledged Anya, her eyes narrowed with dissaproval .

“Good morning, Willow.” Anya gave back unimpressed before she took her mug, blew at the hot steam and took a swig. “Mhhhh.” She sighed. “It’s great.” She added with a bright smile directed at Tara.

Carefully the witch wrapped her arm around Willow’s shoulder and guided her to the table. Reluctantly the redhead gave in and sat down at the chair Tara pushed her into. ”Will you were exhausted. You fell asleep last night in the middle of the tale.”

“You could have woken me up.” Willow returned stubbornly.

Tara didn’t even bother to answer, she just looked at her lover with a look in her eyes that told the redhead that her suggestion wasn’t even worth an answer.

Childishly the hacker looked up at her girlfriend. “What? I have to know what happened to them. I don’t want Clarissa to marry the evil Count.”

“You told her THAT story?” Anya interfered and shuddered at the memory. “Unpleasant memories.”

Neither Willow nor Tara paid attention to her. “Eight hours, Willow. You listened eight hours to me telling you a story. You needed a rest and so did I.”

„But I want the story.” Willow fumbled at fringe, twirling it between her fingers.

“And you get it but only after your breakfast.” Tara insisted as she placed a mug and a bowl with fruit salad in front of Willow.

Suspiciously Willow inspected the mug, her nose crinkled in anticipated disgust. There was a smile of relief when she realized that the mug contained pure simple coffee and not the awful tea she had been afraid of.

Tara laughed at the sight of her lover. “It’s coffee.”

“And I get my story then?” Willow asked.

“I can tell you the story even if it’s a boring and painfully long story.” Anya offered before she bit into her muffin. “Boring months of serving the queen. You should think a queen would express wishes all day long. ‘I wish more jewels, more power, I wish this fraud to be beheaded.’ But nothing for months. This queen only demanded but never wished. No manners.”

Willow’s eyes flashed angrily at the ex-demon. “Don’t you dare to ruin the tale. I don’t want your contorted version, I want a pure tale of love. Tara?” She turned beggingly to her lover.

Tara nodded. “Of course, honey.”

Anya wheezed. “Fine, go for the altered story if you can have the story first hand from an eye-witness.”

Seeing the slight panic in Willow’s eyes Tara soothed her. “It’s not altered honey. I’m just telling the story from an other point of view.”

Triumphantly Willow glanced at Anya but the ex-demon wasn’t impressed. Tara knew her girlfriend good enough to know that a sick hacker was even more insulted by an unimpressed ex-demon than a well Willow was.

“Why were you there anyway? Did the king cheat on the queen? He must have done something horrible to her.” Tara tried to relax the atmosphere.

Anya nodded enthusiastically, satisfied that someone wanted her version. “Oh yes he did. As a young woman she had all her hopes up that she would reign together with him and build a great kingdom known through the entire land. But he was only interested in his hunt never in the kingdom. The poor girl had to do everything by herself. Made her bitter. I could hear her screams of frustration and agony through her entire kingdom.” She took another bit. “but after months at this castle I screamed myself. I was near to ripping my hair off. No wish. Not even for a desert. Nothing.” The rage came back, glistering in Anya’s eyes.

Willow had eaten fast and silent through Anya’s little speech but her eyes had never left the magic-shop owner hanging on every word she said. But now there was a small crinkle at her forehead and the redhead nibbled at her lower lip as her mind proceeded an inconsistency she had found in Anya’s story.

“I thought you were a vengeance demon for cheated woman?”

Anya sighed at so much lack of understanding. “It’s never about the objective cheating just about what the woman feels. And believe me, I seldomly found another woman who felt so cheated as the queen. It’s all in the subjective cheating.“ Her eyes fell on the clock at the wall and the brunette squealed, causing Willow to throw her fork away in surprise.

“I’m going to be late. I will lose money, a lot of money just because of your stupid story.” She turned to Tara. “I shouldn’t have told you in the first place.” With this she took her purse and ran out of the kitchen to waste as little time as possible.

Willow looked after the departing magic-shop owner before she looked down at her fork on the ground in regret. Tara gave her a new one and was rewarded with a Willow-smile. In world record time Willow finished her breakfast and looked expectantly at her girlfriend.

Tara laughed and placed a kiss at the redhead’s cheek. “Let me just clean up. Won’t take long.” She added at Willow’s frown. “Lie down on the couch. I’ll join you in a minute.”

Willow followed her lover’s instruction and went to the living room, a happy swing in her walk.

She flopped down onto the couch and shifted her body till she felt comfortable. The sun shone through the windows filling the room with warming rays. Willow closed her eyes and enjoyed the warming sun on her face. She already felt better but she didn’t intend to get well before Tara had finished the tale.

She blinked twice against the bright sun when she felt Tara standing next to her. She lifted her head and waited for Tara to sit down before she placed her head into her lap.

“Better?” Tara whispered as Willow closed her eyes lost in the gentle touch of the blonde’s finger brushing through her hair.

“Much better.” She answered.

“Okay. Where was I?” Tara considered.

His accusing voice filled the whole room. It was reflected from the high walls around her and crashed down on her from all sides. She felt like she was coated with a layer of hate and anger burning deep into her flesh.

No, this surely wasn’t god’s home. There was nothing indicating the love god should have for his children. With all the fury filling the room there wasn’t room for love. Above them in his small pulpit his thin body lay in wait for them like a vulture ready to kill the weakest sheep.

From the first row she had the best view of this palaver the priest called a mass.

Their eyes met and his voice grew even louder trying to shrink her with its volume. But she wasn’t afraid of him. With his emaciated body she nearly felt sorry for him and his wasted life. He had given up everything for his hate and now nothing was left except from this empty shell.

God wasn’t here for sure. He had been with them the nights they had been outside helping others. There had been enough love to fill this temple of hate. But there had been misery too. Enough misery that after some night she wanted nothing else than to crawl into bed next to Tasha and cry. And some nights she had cried herself into sleep and the blonde had held her till her sobs subsided and she fell into a dreamless sleep.

The two weeks had been exhausting. Too little sleep, long nights in the city and her daily routine.

Everything in her yearned to turn around and look at Tasha. She knew that she sat in the last row next to Nana. She had seen her when she had entered with her parents. And with Count Phillip. Her mother had ordered her to appear at his side.

And now she was forced to sit between them, the Count’s knee slightly pressing against hers. Clarissa felt a wave of nausea rising up as he increased his pressure. She didn’t want to be here. She wanted to sit next to Tasha and hold her hand. Even though she wasn’t impressed with the priest’s word, she knew that his words would have its impact on the blonde. She could almost feel her squirm under his words and gaze.

His litany continued and climaxed into a scream as he condemned the sinners. She sighed. At least it would be over soon. One prayer and a song and she could go and join Tasha outside. The sheer thought of meeting Tasha let her heart jumping up and down with joy. Even more because she hadn’t been able to talk to her this morning. She had woken up this morning finding the place next to her empty.

Only when she had entered the church she had seen Tasha for the first time this morning. A short gaze and a smile from her had been all before Phillip had pulled her away into the first row. But she had seen the frown at her lover’s forehead as she noticed the Count at her side.

Unnoticed by her the prayer and the song had gone by and the holy mess was over. Only the short ride in the coach with her mother back to the castle separated her from Tasha. Today was the day. Two weeks had past, she had fulfilled her promise and now Tasha had to make good her promise.

Phillip offered her his arm to guide her to the coach and she rewarded him with a smile. She was happy why shouldn’t she be generous with her smiles.

Her smile faltered when she realized that the Count didn’t say goodbye as they reached the coach. Instead after he had helped her climb into the carriage he followed her at a wink of the Queen.

He sat down next to her and closed the door behind him. Her heart beat faster as the trap closed around her. In the narrowness of the vehicle she was sure that the other passengers could hear it banging loud against her chest.

She looked from her mother to the Count and back. A trap. Definitely a trap, she realized. Her eyes searched for help but there were only her mother, Phillip and the stupid maid-of-honor Anyanka, sitting next to her mother. Sweat was already running down her spine. She fought down the urge to open the door at her side and run as fast from this scene as she could. The thick fabric of her dress would hinder her on her flight but she would try. Better to trip over her hem and break her neck than to stay here gazing into the abyss.

Her finger clung into the wooden frame of the window as she leant out in search for help. Her eyes fell on her father who stood next to the vehicle. He didn’t even look into her direction as he talked animatedly with the members of his hunting party. Pride spread over his face as he patted his hawk. A stabbing pain went through her heart. He never had been that proud of her. She never had been able to attract his attention like his horse could with a small paw.

No she couldn’t expect help from him. Helplessly she watched her father get up his horse and ride away. Her heart missed a beat when she saw who had been standing behind the hunting party.

Tasha stood together with Nana at the chapels door. Supportingly the nun had wrapped her arm around the blonde’s shoulder. The witch had witnessed the whole scene, worry visible on her face. Bravely she smiled at Tasha.

“It’s alright. Don’t worry.” She mouthed silently.

“Darling.” The cold voice of her mother pulled her back. The lack of any emotion as she addressed her daughter let Clarissa shiver. She realized that her mother didn’t look at her child but at a servant who had to obey her order. There wasn’t place for something like family ties in her world of power and intrigues.

She was thrown to and fro as the coach started to move. And with every uneven spot of the cobblestones she bumped against him or the wooden wall. Again her fingers searched the wooden frame to anchor herself.

The steel blue eyes of her mother estimated her. “For months now the Count.” She nodded at the Count, showing more emotions for him than for her own daughter. “visits you nearly every day and pays you his respects. We think it is time to announce your engagement. Next Sunday after the church.” The queen’s eyes drifted of to her long pearl necklace. Ritually the queen rolled every single pearl through her fingers counting them.

“What?” Clarissa croaked, her voice left without sound by this revelation. she was nothing more than an animal sold to the highest bidder. And the Count had a lot to offer. At least to her mother. But he had nothing she wanted. She wasn’t interested in his property. Everything she wanted stood at the chapel’s door.

Still unable to move in shock Phillip took her small, limb hand into his and kissed its back. “I’m glad you finally answer my entreaty.” A satisfied smile played around his thin lips as he gazed at the Queen.

She wanted to scream at them that she was still here, that she was a living person not a furniture to be sold and bought.

“But it’s too soon.“ Clarissa insisted. “I, I’m not ready. Maybe in a few months.” Her breathing quickened and she felt the bile rising in her throat. She swallowed visibly. Time, she had to gain time.

“Nonsense.“ The Queen silenced her harshly with a wave of her hand. It was the same hand which had ordered the death of many people with the same gesture. “Six months are enough. We are thinking of shortening the engagement. You two don’t have to wait additional six months… Maybe three or two months will be enough this time.” She nodded to herself. “It will be appropriate.”

“Milady, your generosity is endless.“ Phillip flattered her and the queen smiled pleased at him.

Why couldn’t she marry him, if she liked him that much. Clarissa wouldn’t stand in their way. Actually she planed on being a million miles out of their way. If Tasha wanted her to go with her.

The coach stopped. They had reached the castle. The Queen looked at Clarissa and sighed frustrated with the ingratitude her daughter showed her. “I wish only to fulfill your dreams, darling. Your wishes are my wishes.” She told her in a sugar-sweet voice.

Suddenly Anyanka yanked out of her catatonia. “Your wish is to fulfill her wishes?” She asked in disbelief. Only the queen’ slightly narrowed eyes and the punishing gaze she threw at the maid silenced her.

The audience was over. For the Queen there wasn’t anything left to discuss.

Gentleman like the Count got off first and offered the Queen a helping hand. Generously she accepted and her hand sneaked around his arm, pulling him closer. They smiled at each other and started a whispered conversation.

Still in shock Clare watched the Queen and Phillip entering the castle. She didn’t even realize that Anyanka had stayed behind with her. Sold. She felt dirty like a coin that had wandered through hundreds of hands. But she wasn’t more for them than that. A desperate laugh escaped her dry lips as she thought about her words to the priest. Yes, she really was valuable for her mother.

Only when the brunette maid whispered into her ear from behind she registered her. The closeness of the other woman let her jump.

“What do you wish? Any wish. Just tell me.” The seducing voice told her. “I’m your friend. You can tell me.”

“What?!” Clarissa turned around and glared at the woman. “Why are you still here? Shouldn’t you be with my mother? I thought you never left her side. Go follow her but L-E-A-V-E M-E alone.” She spit at her, her face only inches from the other woman’s face. But the brunette stayed unimpressed.

The princess sighed in frustration and stormed away. She couldn’t even win against a maid anymore.

“Is this your wish?” Anyanka yelled after her, still standing next to the coach.

“No. An order.” Clare answered her without turning around. She had to find Tasha. Now.

“This isn’t good.” Willow complained and sat up to face her lover. “I don’t want them to get married. And I don’t want Anya to destroy the tale.” She added.

“They’re not married yet, are they?” Tara replied. Willow rested her head at the blonde’s shoulder and snuggled closer when she felt Tara’s arm wrap around her.

“No.” Willow answered grumpily into Tara’s neck. “but I want happiness. Not forced marriage.” The vibration of the redhead’s voice against her neck caused the witch to giggle.

“Wait and see.”

„Tasha?“ shyly Clarissa perked into their room. She still hadn’t found the blonde witch despite searching her through the whole castle. Actually she had looked everywhere three times by now. With a frustrated sigh she entered her room and closed her door lethargic before she flopped down onto her bed.

With a pout on her lips she stared at the ceiling, searching the gray bricks for a hint where her lover might be. But the stone just looked down at her unimpressed.

“You aren’t helpful.” She pulled one of her big cushions into her arms and pressed it against her chest.

This wasn’t fair. She should have asked her last night. But she had been too anxious about the blonde’s decision. Spending the night with her, lulled to sleep in her arms had been more appealing then. But then she hadn’t expected to wake up just to be alone and abandoned.

Two weeks. Two weeks she had waited in patience. She had faced the town and it’s ugliness. It’s sounds and smells. She even had Tasha forced to take the stinking small street again, just to show her how brave she was. Only by memory a bile rose in her throat forcing her to swallow and taking deep breaths. Deep breaths, she even had taken deep breaths to prime her determination.

Cope and adapt. She had repeated that mantra over and over in her head every time she had wanted to run back to the castle or cry at the misery she sawn. But she hadn’t she had been strong like Tasha wanted her. Strong and grown up.

She could be grown up, if she had to. But only for a limited time. And two weeks were a very long limited time. She needed an answer. She deserved an answer. Not this, this waiting. Waiting was worse than every answer she could imagine. Except for the ‘get-out-of-my-life-I -don’t-love-you-whiny-stupid-princess’-answer. In that case waiting would be better, way better. If there wasn’t the part of actually waiting………

Two weeks of paying attention to every step she did. Of being painfully aware of every little slip, every small grimace she’d shown unable to hide it in the face of the world outside. The castle had it’s own hells but she’d grown up with them. As the princess she’d learned to deal with them. Outside her defined limits that was something different. But she had given her best and more of this. She had worked her ass off.

A new phrase she had learned. A very suitable phrase for her situation.

Had she fooled herself? The little smiles, the approving nods, the caring eyes full of pride, had she only imagined it. Had her mind made up all this to allude her?

Questions, nothing but questions. Once she had been good at questions. Non in her books she couldn’t solve. Six months ago her world was simple. Simple …small……. And lonely. Then she met Tasha.

She didn’t want to go back to this life. She couldn’t. Especially if her mother forced her into marrying the Count. But then she didn’t intend to be here when the wedding would take place. She would be far away together with Tasha. If the blonde wanted her with her. She prayed to every entity she knew for this.

Where was she? She needed to talk to her. Make plans. Run away from here.

And the ceiling just laughed at her. Even with closed eyes she could see it grinning. The image burned itself through her closed lids.

With forced apathy she turned on her side facing the more friendly looking cushions. But there weren’t just cushions. Strategically good placed on one of them lay a small brown paper like the ones she used in her library.

It lay there, waiting for her to find it. Waving with it’s small hands at her, if it had hands and if she had bothered to look at her bed before she jumped on it.

New enthusiasm flooded through her as she sat up and grabbed the sheet hungrily.

Three words.

‘I love you’

Her heart made a happy jump, twirled around and sending an invitation to join the party to her stomach. Without hesitation her stomach joined in; butterflies swirling in it.

She knew the handwriting. Often enough she had stood over Tasha watching her as her hand drove unsteadily over the paper. Absorbed in her task the tip of her tongue sneaked out between her full lips. Often enough she had bent over and clasped her hand over that of her girlfriend. Not to support her hand but just to be nearer and to feel her back pressing against her and to fill her nostrils with the honey scent that waved of her lover. Even the memory brought back the fuzzy feeling that filled her from inside.

She pulled the paper close to her heart to stop it from bursting with hope.

They would be together. Should she start packing? A list with all the things she needed was already made and lay secure under her undergarment in her dresser.

A frown built between her furrows as she realized that just one thing was missing. One important ‘thing’. The most important.

She still didn’t know where her girlfriend was. Tasha had been here, her letter was evidence enough. But where was she now?

A small weight suddenly appeared next to her causing her to look up and into the green eyes of the black cat.

“Hey there.” Her fingers scratched the soft spot behind its ear. “Can you tell me where your mommie is?” The cat rubbed its head against her fingers and purred contently…. But it gave her no satisfying answer.

She lifted the cat at eye level. “This is conspiracy. Surrender. No sweets for you ever again.” A soft clawless paw in her face told her that the cat wouldn’t surrender that it would fight her till death.

With a sigh she settled it back into her lap picking up her caress. But the cat wasn’t interested anymore. It tilted its head and examined the letter that lay near at paw. Just as it was about to snap it, Clare intervened and scooped the paper up.

“Bad cat.” She lifted her finger accusingly at the cat. “bad, bad cat.” Waving the letter in front of the cat but out of reach she lectured it. “Nothing to play with. It’s………” Her eyes fell on the words written there but it weren’t three anymore…………. Now there was a whole sentence.

‘Meet me at the outside.’

Magic. She was sure it hadn’t been there before. And where had the ‘I love you’ gone to?

As she turned the page the miracle was solved. She only had to turn the page to learn where her lover was. But never considered it.

“Stupid me.” She smacked her forehead. “And wonderful cat.” Her fingers curled through the cat till it squirmed out of her reach.

“Have to go.” She jumped up. “Tasha’s waiting.” A wide grin brightened her face. As she stormed out of her room, all the worries forgotten.

Only to turn around once more. “She loves me.” She told the cat before she vanished again.

tbc..........

Post subject: Re: Part 11
PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 5:24 am 
that was well worth the wait!! thanks for the update--have fun in iceland (though i must say, it's going to be a long four weeks!!)

*please use both hands....*

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 2:02 pm 
hi,

a museum in marburg? well i gotta go there one day ...since it´s not that far away from here.

just wanted to say i really love your story...another update soon?

akira

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 4:16 pm 
Thanks so much for the update - so much goodness in this installment. Hope you have a safe and fun trip to Iceland. And do you plan on doing any writing there? hehe

We sound like Willow - more, more! :)

----------------------------------

"Tara's not dead at all - she just has a new group of writers." - Sassette

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 2:06 am 
Hey mirage, just found this fic!

Wanted to say that I think it's very lovely and sweet!

I have a thing for fairytales... especially the lesbian kind... :o

Darnit... you're gone for four weeks??? Don't think I can take that long without an update... Sigh...

Oh well, it's not like I have a choice...:cry

Rocktoddy

When you're back, I want the whole friggin' fairytale! (Yes, I am a spoiled little brat, who sometimes recognizes herself way too much in Dawn than she's supposed to...)

Edited because I'm also a perfectionist... I have way too many flaws...

"They kill mice, hmmm..."-Crazy Brain-Sucked Tara, Though Love
"You mean like a 'sexy' peanut butter sandwich?"-Willow, No Matter Where You Go by DarkWiccan

Edited by: Rocktoddy at: 6/3/02 5:08:44 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 8:18 am 
Mirage another lovely part! Willow pouting because Tara was having coffee with Anya instead of finishing the fairytale, and Anya wanting to tell her version with a very uninterested Willow was great. I am with Willow, Clare can't marry the count, and I can't wait to see what happens when Clare meets Tasha outside. Also I am very curious with the role Anyanka plays in the story as well as the meddling Queen. Look forward to the next update, but until then have a fun time on your trip!

Edited by: VampNo12  at: 6/4/02 12:27:49 am

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2002 3:23 pm 
Was really pleased to see an update. Hmm, Anyanka will be determined to get Clare to wish for something, and I can't imagine her giving up very easily. I just hope she doesn't get in the way!

Indigo Girls

Post subject: Iceland or not Iceland
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 8:03 pm 
Still I’m not in Iceland but I needed this week to pack and get my work finished (I think I broke our secretary because she had to listen to my recorded, bored voice for 5 hours to finish my reports). But there will be no update before at least July.

But at least I'll answer your posts…….

Akira: well the museum isn’t in Marburg it’s in the small town I was born… think more of Schwäbische Alb but the rest or most of it is in Marburg.

Scout: Well I’m not planning on writing in Iceland, there won’t be a laptop but I have my beta with me and I’ll will finish the outline for the finish. There are still some things that don’t work out as I want. I know where I want to go with the story but I don’t know how exactly to end there. But long bright Icelandic nights will me help to figure it out .-)

Rocktoddy: I started the fic last December as a story “Advent-calendar” and as you see it’s still not finished. Back than I thought it would be done in 50 pages…. I nearly tripled it by now. So give me at least a month more after Iceland maybe I’ll finish it till then… but only maybe… as long as I don’t get a life .-))

VampNo12: You have to thank my beta for the little breakfast interruption. She reminded me that Tara had to tell Willow the story for at least 8 hours without interruption (except for a little kissage) and that they needed sleep. And it gave me the opportunity to explain why Anyanka was there in the first place.

mollyig: Anyanka and getting in the way? She just will pop up behind every corner to ask for a wish. Poor little demon trapped in that boring place.

So I can’t give you an update but a little spoiler regarding the Queen: She will make the famous Glory speech (remember a particular bench?)

That’s it for now………. See you all in a month.

mirage

Post subject: Re: Iceland or not Iceland
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 9:56 pm 
mirage..it took me a while, but I finally got caught up with this update. It was great..I can't wait for more. A whole month? What are we expected to do until then? ;) Have fun in Iceland..we will all be here waiting for the update!

Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

Post subject: Re: Iceland or not Iceland
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:41 pm 
Great update! :grin I love your fic, keep it coming!

-------------------------

"Nothing like gettin your ass kicked, to make your ass hurt!"

Buffy Series 5

Post subject: greeeat!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:11 pm 
I'm so glad I finally have some time to catch up on my fan-fic reading. These updates were greeeat! I so love this story, it's worth the wait every single time.

Post subject: Re: greeeat!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 8:01 pm 
It's been a month...are you home yet? I'm waiting patiently for more...I hope you had fun in Iceland! :)

Aimee :D

"Pope John Paul today confirmed his opposition to gay marriages, said they're unnatural. Gay marriage is unnatural. Then he put on a pointy hat, his dress, and returned to never having sex at all." -Bill Maher

Post subject: Re: greeeat!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:31 am 
Oh man!! I really need an update, i just got caught up, and all that jazz...but come on!! It's been a month! (Not anry just excited, too much caffine)

Post subject: I LOVE IT!!!
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2002 6:26 am 
my girlfriend got me reading this and im addicted! weres the rest? lol. hey, Mirage, at least tell us when the next update is coming! please!!!!!!!!!!!! :tara :love :willow

Edited by: xita  at: 7/15/02 2:56:17 am

Post subject: Yes, I'm back from Iceland
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2002 10:34 am 
and I outlined the rest of the fic on a stromy night sitting in a youth hostel in the middle of nowhere. I love Iceland! Now everything I have to do is write it down but that may take a while cause a lot of work was waiting for me. I didn't even make it to the CSD last weekend. But there will be an update. I try to give you at least a little one till next weekend.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next