The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
 Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:23 am 
DW, I only have been reading Holly's-never a night, until now. I'm gonna be a fic addict by the end of the week.

Great Fic by the way!

Add one more to the list of MUST READs! Cant wait to see what happens next!

Jen

Willow:I knew it. I knew it! Well, not knew it in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

Post subject: Re: Replies
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 1:49 pm 
First off, woo hoo! finally a paid slayer, it's about time.

Love the way you portray the stability and interactions within their family. They work together as a cohesive, loving unit, each respecting the others contributions.

So often writers seem tempted to give W & T (usually through Willow) tremendous financial success, freeing them from many of the everyday worries of married life. I like that you depict them as a normal middle-income family with the life style and financial concerns that go with it. This makes them seem all that more real.

Lastly have to say that I loved the little card shark’s “loose change” remark as well as Buffy’s backpedaling when she learned that they would be playing for points.

"A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person." ~ Migon McLaughlin

"In the evening of life we shall be judged on love"

~Madeline L'Engle

Edited by: BethanyB3 at: 12/8/02 6:12:10 pm

Post subject: yey!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:17 pm 
Quote:
Buffy always feared offending Tara. Deep down the slayer sort of felt that Willow’s wife was a little too… wifely. At times when she visited Willow and Tara’s home, she would feel like she had walked into a lesbian version of “Leave It To Beaver”, of course, now that she thought about it, the sitcom title did seem strangely appropriate.

and

Quote:
Buffy laughed quietly to herself thinking, If this scene were anymore idyllic, they’d have to film it in black and white and sell it to Nick at Nite.

lol! those are pure gold. excellent update. something was telling me that emily was going to want to leave, but i'm still shocked... she's so young. it's going to be interesting to see how willow and tara reacts to this. ack! and the suspense builds yet again...

Post subject: Re: yey!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:22 pm 
great update :)

Emily learning how to play five card stud from her Godmommy was funny. that was some cliffhanger with Emily saying it was time for her to go to Avalon, can't wait for the next part.

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!
No! Well, okay. No. Pez!
I don't know, it's like my brain keeps... jacking off

Post subject: Artwork and replies
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:08 pm 
Btvsfanatic – Yes! I have got another one…. :grin

Beth – Thanks for noticing that I made W/T middle income. I really thought long and hard about that and decided not to make them totally wealthy. Not that anything is wrong with wealth or them having it, I just really wanted to paint a picture of a modest American home. And as for the loose change comment… I actually got that from a friend of mine’s 9-yr old daughter. Who likes to play poker. No joke.

Chaoticbliss – Glad you liked those two moments… I had a laugh coming up with them :)

Grimaldi – Glad you liked the poker lesson. :grin

In the meantime, (until the next update) here is a link to the artwork page on my website. I have added some TYA artwork to go with the NMWYG art.

Cheers

DW

darkwiccanslair.tripod.com/welcometothedarkwiccanslair/id10.html

"Promise me you'll never be linear." "On my trout."

Edited by: DarkWiccan at: 12/8/02 9:03:23 pm

Post subject: Strange Dreams...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:09 pm 
Okay... normally I wouldn't double post like this.. but I just had to share with you the WEIRD dream I had last night... I thought you all might find it highly amusing.

I dreamt that Willow was kidnapped by Evil secret agents and taken to London where they did this spell/science experiment thing that basically "Jekyl and Hydes" her personalities so the secret agents could make her go from Good to Evil with a remote control thingy. Okay, so... My roommate and I decide to go to London to rescue her (which was really weird b/c my rommate HATES BtVS). Giles picks us up at the airport and tells us that the Evil secret agents plan on using "Evil Willow" in a bank heist. My roommate and I slip into our best "good guy secret agent" gear and go to intercept the heist.

We watch as the Evil agents drag Good Willow into this huuuuuge Banc de France <--- I don't know why a French bank was in London, it just was... and we see them hit their little remote and turn "Good Willow" into "Evil Willow".

Now, the Evil Willow of my dream is not like the Evil Willow of the show. Yes her eyes do turn black, but her hair (instead of turning black) suddenly becomes really short, like... pixie cut short. So the way you tell the difference between Good Will and Evil Will is hair length and eye color. Anyway...

I rush in and get Willow out of there before they can start the robbery, and Evil Willow turns back into Good Willow, and she's so grateful to me for rescuing her, that we start making out (RIGHT ON!) But then, (OH NO!) one of the Evil agents who still has the remote, turns Good Willow into Evil Willow and she attacks me with a lightening bolt (OUCH!). So it's back to stopping the heist and rescuing Willow again...

So, my roommate and I rush into the bank (or "banc" as the case was) and we run into the building, but the building has two floors the upstairs being the "banc". Downstairs is a 24/7 production of "Circus Vargas". We end up in the room with the circus going on, and this castrato singer is walking a tight rope in heels while a Mary Poppins wannabe tries to distract me with her many umbrellas. Finally, we get out of the circus level and up to the "banc" where we foil the heist, steal the remote and rescue Willow. Giles meets us outside with the London Police Chief and they (the police) decide to exonerate Willow of any crimes she may have committed while being Evil because it wasn't her fault.

Giles takes Willow back to his place and my roommate and I are left trying to find a place to go until we return to America. Suddenly my boss shows up and offers us to stay at his flat in London. We accept and go back to his place where my roommate suddenly starts to flirt with him like there is no tomorrow. Seriously, she is one robe short of stripping naked and jumping him.

So, in between flirting sessions, my roommate and I decide to stay in London through to Monday (it's Wednesday in my dream) and I suggest catching a show in the West End. She agrees, and then goes back to flirting with my boss. I notice that her toilet is clogged and I ask her if she noticed too, and she said that yes she had, but she couldn't get the plunger to work. I, being a good friend, offer to plunge the toilet for her. So she hands me the plunger... which is only the rubber bowl portion, there's no stick. So I have to reach into the toilet with my hands and the rubber thing to unclog it. Which I do. Then... while plunging the toilet... I realize "Hey! This is my dream! Why the hell am I plunging a toilet barehanded in my own dream?!"

So I wake up for like 5 seconds, then go back to sleep and meet up with Willow... who is still grateful for being rescued... and we start making out again. (WOO HOO)!

And that's how things stayed until my alarm went off.

So, I just had to share the weirdness with you and just give you one more example of how insane I really am. :grin

Update should be up either late this evening or tomorrow morning!!

Cheers!

DW

Post subject: Re: Strange Dreams...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:03 pm 
*pokes head into thread* heh....sorry for the long time with no reply. But, you said it was ok, as long as i liked what i was reading. And by golly, I DO! *hugs* I love this story, and I will try my absolute darndest, darndest I tell you, to post more frequently. Wonderful job DW, ttyl *hugs*:grin

I LOVE MY KARE-BEAR

Post subject: MORE!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:17 am 
fairydust -- Awe! You are such a sweetie! Thanks so much for your post! :grin :bounce <--- you made me bounce-y!

As promised heeeeeeere's more! (it's only a little bit... but there's even more coming soon!)

Ghaena awoke with a start. She sat up, quickly throwing the covers off of her as she leapt out of bed and over to wear Morrigan was sleeping on the couch.

“Up!” she bellowed at the sleeping woman. “Up! Up with you now!” She yanked the blanket from off of the slumbering form. Morrigan jumped awake.

“Ah! What is it?” the dark-haired woman asked, sitting up.

“Sh!” Ghaena commanded. “Listen”, she said, angling her head so that her right ear was turned up to the air. “Do ye hear it?”

Morrigan sat silently for a moment, listening as well. She grabbed Ghaena’s arm in alarm, “The call.”

Ghaena only nodded, “The child is ready.”

“Willow. Willow, wake up!” Tara practically yelled, shaking her wife out of her dreams. Slowly, the redhead came around.

“What is it baby”, she asked. “What’s wrong?”

“Emily”, her mother said, turning back to her, “Tell your mama what you just told me.”

“I have to go to Avalon now, Mama”, Emily said with a certainty beyond her years. “It’s time.”

“What?” Willow yelped, turning on the bedside lamp as she struggled to sit up from her tangled position under the covers. “No. No, no. No Emily, not… time. It can’t be time. You’re too young… how do you know”, she asked in a rushed and panicked voice.

“I know.” Emily replied.

“How?” The redhead pressed, her tone almost becoming angry.

“I just know, Mama”, Emily answered, upset that she had upset her parents so badly.

“Emily”, Tara said firmly, “who told you it was time?”

“The ancients”, answered Ghaena, who suddenly appeared in the room.

“Jesus Christ!” Willow cried out, so startled was she by the priestess’s entrance.

“Interesting that a Jew should call out to the most holy Christian martyr”, said an amused Morrigan as she filed into the couple’s bedroom behind the elder priestess.

“Buffy!” Tara called out.

“Let her sleep”, said Ghaena, “this does not concern the slayer.”

“What I am killing?!” Buffy yelled as she came careening into the room, battle-ready. “What are you two doing here?” she asked the two women. “More importantly, how did you get in?”

“It is alright, warrior”, soothed Morrigan, “Stay your hand. We are here to help.”

“It’s okay, Godmommy”, said Emily, going to Buffy and taking her hand. “It’s almost over.”

“Somebody want to give me the Cliff’s Notes version of what is going on?” Buffy queried.

“I need to go to Avalon now”, the young girl explained.

“What?!” said the slayer.

“No.” stated Tara. “NO! No, Ghaena! She is only eight years old! She’s only a baby! You can’t…”

“STOP!” Ghaena bellowed, startling everyone in the room. Michelle could be heard beginning to cry in Emily’s room down the hall. The priestess looked to Buffy and said softly, “Tend to the infant.” The slayer only looked at her. Unwilling to move. “Please”, Ghaena added after a moment. Buffy looked to Willow and Tara for the “okay”. The two women hesitantly nodded and Buffy moved to the hall.

“Hurt them”, Buffy said, staring Ghaena down, “and I don’t care if you’re immortal, I will break you in ways that will cause you to live in pain for the next five centuries.”

Ghaena nodded in a manner similar to a small bow as the slayer excused herself the rest of the way out of the room. The brunette turned back to Tara and spoke in a calm and even tone. “Stop your frenzied worrying and just listen for a moment. You are my descendant and should be able to hear

what I do. What Emily does. Just stop a moment and… hear.”

Tara did stop, and she did listen… and she heard.

“Baby?” said Willow, “What is it?”

“Whispers”, answered Tara. “Voices. Almost… almost like singing. I don’t understand the language… it… it sounds almost… like Gaelic?”

“It’s Elvish”, Ghaena illuminated. “The root of the Gaelic language.”

“Who is it?” asked Tara, “What’s doing it?”

“It’s the Ancients”, said Morrigan, once more joining the conversation. “The priestesses of Avalon. The ones who were left behind on the isle when it faded. They are singing for their freedom. They are calling out to the child.”

“They know she is ready”, Ghaena finished.

“It’s okay Mommy, Mama”, Emily whispered, “I know what I have to do.”

“We must make for Avalon immediately”, the brunette pressed.

“Wait a minute!” Willow shouted. “Hello? Avalon is in another country! We can’t just up and leave in the middle of the night. We have a two-month old baby and Emily has school and we don’t even know what the weather is like there! I mean, this sort of thing takes planning! Years and years of planning. Maybe when Emily is older… I don’t know… like thirty…”

“The journey is far from arduous”, Ghaena assured her. “We can travel through the mists and arrive before the day is out. Time is of the essence. If you are concerned for your wee one, you may stay behind and care for her while we are gone.”

“No.” Willow stated firmly. “Not an option. This is my family. MY family! And I go where they go. I am not just going to sit here while you take my wife and child into weird misty peril.”

“We don’t have time for this”, complained Morrigan, turning to Willow. “Decide what you are going to do and do it quickly. We are not the only ones who hear the Ancients cry. Le Fay has heard it too by now, which means that she knows… Emily is in far more danger now than she has ever been in. Le Fay will stop at nothing to prevent Avalon from being raised, up to and including, taking the child’s life.”

Willow looked into Tara’s eyes. “Maybe we could leave Michelle with my mom.”

“We can’t”, answered Tara, “you’re still nursing.”

“Then we all go”, said Willow, “including Buffy.”

The married couple looked up at the two priestesses. Morrigan and Ghaena shared a quick glance. “That is fair”, Morrigan conceded. “Get dressed. We leave now.”

TBC...

Post subject: Re: New Fic: There You Are
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:22 am 
Oooh. Family trip! Granted people usually go to Disneyworld.

This is soo cool. Can't wait for next part.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 1:56 am 
No, Emily is still too young to go to Avalon!! No, I want them back in Sunnydale, where they all belong!!!!!

Stef :p

Edited by: deixs at: 12/10/02 6:03:47 am

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:06 am 
I had been wondering if Emily had perhaps deduced that Le Fay could be bested if she went to Avalon, but it appears she really is ready to be called to Avalon. Yikes!

Willow's panic babble about it being necessary to plan for the trip and wondering about the weather was amusing.

I happen to think mine is the level head,
and yours is the one things would roll off of.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 7:08 am 
Heh, I loved your writing of Willow in this update. Just so her, from expletives to not wanting Emily to go until she's thirty. Priceless.

So, off to Avalon we go...?

By the way, your dream. So you were in London unblocking your boss's toilet with a handle-less plunger. LMFAO. Was this a paticularly good day in your life do you feel? Well I guess there was the making out with Willow....Works for me...

If all your dreams are as wonderfully odd as that feel free to share!

thanks

Sonya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:08 am 
great update :)

Buffy coming into Willow and Tara's bedroom and asking what she is killing was funny.

interesting dream that you had :)

Dude, we're surrounded by perverts!
No! Well, okay. No. Pez!
I don't know, it's like my brain keeps... jacking off

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:37 am 
Wow...I stay home sick and get to see that the blunt tree stump you were drawing with didn't inhibit you too much. Yeah you!;)

Then I get to work this morning...not so much fun...to discover the strange ramblings of your dream and the next mini-update. You've been busy my friend. About the dream...gotta say the plunger was just warped...not to mention that I'm suprised about the roommate given the dislike of BtVS. Of course it was awfully kind of Willow to bestow thanks upon you in that manner.:)

As far as the mini-update still gotta go with the original post of "NO...She's too young!" Of course I know that you have the family well in hand and I trust happy endings are the final design, but I still worry. I know that Tara will have her hands full keeping Willow from full scale freak-out as well as keeping her own panic at bay about Emily being called to Avalon. I look forward to the further adventures...besides, it's Avalon, and who can deny the call of the Isle.;)

-E

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:44 am 
No, no, no, no, no! *Stomps foot* Emily is too young to go to Avalon. She can go when she's like, fifty.

Amazing update, but no! She is NOT going. I forbid it. *Pout* I can forbid it, right? DarkWiccan? Will you let me forbid it? Please?

Gem

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:51 am 
Short update but a lot was decided in it and the tension went up another notch as well. All very exciting :)

I could crap a better existence than this.
My view on season severed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 12:46 pm 
Small update perhaps, but only in length, not in content. So it’s off to Avalon, not worried, trust that under your stewardship all will be well. It’s a good thing they are traveling thru the mists and not flying United, airlines that is. Glad to see that Willow insisted on keeping her family together & united whatever may come. Although this would be a hard decision to make with a newborn, :baby it seems to ultimately be the only one for a family as devoted as theirs. Also, it’s good thinking having Buffy along as an extra bodyguard.

BTW, loved the “What am I killing?” remark & the warning to Ghaena. It’s Buffy how she should be.

Brave women those priestess, coming in to W & T’s room unannounced, with those two who knows what state you might find them in.:wink

"There is a voice within that tells us so certainly when to go forth into the unknown." ~ Elisabeth Kubler Ross

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 2:53 pm 
You know, I really feel like such a shit and totally bad friend. I sat and read this through in one sitting (which took like four hours) and re-read the parts I did some time ago. DW, I'd go on at a totally ridiculous length about how masterful this piece truly is (except you REALLY need to invest in spell check....honestly...truly...the anal part of me was just having fits even after I bonked her in the head with a rubber mallet! :shock ). I'll call you, I think much needs to be said.

This fic has all the elements of quality storytelling: it is engaging, funny, intellectual (with thankfully only a little bending of the historical rules ;) ) and I just LMAO when I noticed the reference to Gabrielle and Xena's history without naming names. I'd say "Good Show!" but, you know, I think my words would lack that certain something that lends them credence to their actual meaning. In short, words fail me. And no more waiting! More updates, less lag time (did I mention that I am a relentless fic fiend and story ho? I need a fix!)

Toni

Love is tricky. It is never mundane or daily. You can never get used to it. You have to walk with it, then let it walk with you. You can never balk. It moves you like the tide. It takes you out to sea then lays you on the beach again. Today's struggling pain is the foundation for a certain stride through the heavens. You can run from it but you can never say no. It includes everyone."--Amy Tan "The Hundred Secret Secret Senses"

Post subject: Re: MORE!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:59 pm 
DW, an emotionally intense update! I must say I love how you captured their characterizations in this part, they were so spot on (especially Willow's panicked babble). So glad they are facing Avalon as a family, and it was so wise to decide to bring along "battle-ready" Buffy for extra support (and I loved how she made her entrance into W&T's bedroom with "What I am killing"). Also liked how Buffy again showed how protective she is of her "family" with her warning to Ghaena (ie it would be wise not to hurt/harm her "family").

It's really "heating" up now, especially with Morrigan pointing out that Le Fay hears the "whispers" too, and thus, Emily is in even more danger from her (ie "including, taking the child's life" to prevent her from "raising the mists"). Can't wait for their "adventure"/"trip" to begin, and I look forward to seeing how the implications of Emily being in Avalon affects their family!

Edited by: VampNo12  at: 12/10/02 2:03:40 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 9:25 pm 
Gulp.

We are getting down to the nitty gritty.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:20 pm 
:wave

Marilda – Hmm…. Disney World.. now there’s an idea…. ;)

Deixs – Don’t worry… this me writing. That’s all I’ll say :grin

Mollyig – I find panicky Willow very amusing. If I didn’t feel so bad about making her panic.. I’d do it more often

Samiamiguess – As far as the dream… that was pretty much par for the course for me. While I wouldn’t say that plunging a toilet barehanded was one of my better days.. at least it was only a dream.. and hey…can’t go wrong with a grateful and audacious Willow!

Grimaldi – Now that I’ve written and gone back and re-read this section… I almost wanted to give Buffy an axe to be wielding as she came running in.. my only problem,,, Why would Willow and Tara keep an axe in their home? Even with reasons like.. their best friend is the slayer and they live in monsterville central… I just couldn’t justify it this time around. Oh well.

Always E – Gee, you act like you know my roommate or something… weird. Hmm.

Miss1234Kitty – Um, sorry Gem, I can’t allow you to forbid it. But no worries.. this is me! What could possibly go wrong? Um… don’t answer that….

Puff – Why.. thank you :)

Beth – Beth! Ol’ buddy, ol’ pal! How ya doing? I just had to stop and say… Your quotes… I love them… so well thought out and always apropos to the subject matter. You are just too smart for your own good sometimes.

Kieli – Okay… so… we talked on the phone, and it turns out... I (being the author and therefore omniscient) knew about the errors and was planning to fix them when I finish with the story and post it to my site! Ah-HA! Neener neener neener! :p :wink

VN12 – Yes well, I decided I just couldn’t leave Buffy behind in this one. She being the Godmother will like give Le Fay an offer she can’t refuse.

The Rose24 – You said a mouthful, Rose! :grin

Cheers!

DW

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 10:34 pm 
WOO HOO!!! I made you bouncy!!!:grin See, look at me all post-y. Only missed it by a day this time! Not 3 months *blush*

Quote:
"What I am killing?!” Buffy yelled as she came careening into the room, battle-ready

That made me laugh:grin as did this....

Quote:
I mean, this sort of thing takes planning! Years and years of planning. Maybe when Emily is older… I don’t know… like thirty…”

*giggle* I liked your dream by the way. Very interesting;) Okies, well, I gtg before my dad catches me on the internet;) lol..naughty me, i must be punished! ok, way too much caffiene, I must leave now:grin ttyl DW *big major super gigantic huge snuggly bear hugs*

*POOFS out of thread* ;)

edited to add: I really like what you've done with your site. Have I told you lately that youre a cutie;) lol

edited AGAIN to add: DarkChicken is a wonderful name!

I LOVE MY KARE-BEAR

Edited by: fairydust  at: 12/10/02 11:34:03 pm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2002 11:21 pm 
ROTFLMAO! DW you crack me up....and whoo hoo! The whole Ezboard layout changed AGAIN! :bounce

Love is tricky. It is never mundane or daily. You can never get used to it. You have to walk with it, then let it walk with you. You can never balk. It moves you like the tide. It takes you out to sea then lays you on the beach again. Today's struggling pain is the foundation for a certain stride through the heavens. You can run from it but you can never say no. It includes everyone."--Amy Tan "The Hundred Secret Secret Senses"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 4:56 am 
I so love this story!!!!!

One of my favorite series of books are the Avalon ones by Marion Zimmer Bradley - The LAdy of Avalon is my most favorite. Nice to see someone bringing Avalon from the mists. I really hope we get to see your vision of Avalon - as I'm really loving the story you are telling. Thanks!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 6:59 am 
OMG! whoa..wow new features...cool

:eek

OK....OMG! I'm reading the update when I turn the page all excited to read more and hey! where's the next page! I wanna know...oh...end of update..this is such a great story!!

Tk's new and improved "GrrArgg"...Tk's Heaven

"I've become really protective of her. I want to make sure if Tara comes back, it's for good reason." -Amber Benson
Tara ate her, devoured her from beneath. -The Edge of Silence giving new meaning to this season's catch phrase.
"Got it: that's a 'yes' to petals; a 'no' to pricks. I should remember that more often." -On Second Thought

Post subject: oh wow...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:43 am 
This is my first Kitten post!

Dark Wiccan, I *love* this story! I just read everything up to now in the past 24 hours and now am in agony waiting to find out what happens next! You are such a talented story-teller!

I have a few questions and comments. I have a masters degree in Celtic Studies so I was just lovin' all the Celtic content you have drawn upon in your story. This stuff is like my life-blood! On that note, I have a few questions/comments:

-I thought it interesting that the priestesses are Irish and Avalon is British (although of course there is no reason Irish women can't be priestesses in Britain). Is there some sneaky plot related reason behind this or just your own lovely creativity shining through?

-Is our Morrigan a goddess like the Irish goddess?

-Why did you chose to substitute Morrigan for Morgause/Morgan as the mother of Arthur's child?

Poor Morgan, she often gets such a bad rap. My daughter's middle name is Morgan, after her.

I :love loved :love so much but especially the following: Emily and Joseph (especially together), Anya breastfeeding topless and Giles' reaction (lol), Welsh Willow (I'm Welsh, Bronwyn is my real name), the pant-sigh love scenes (mmm...), "Rosenburg-Maclay", "What am I killing?", Morgan/Morrigan (I imagine my Irish teacher saying this), the new baby whirlwind (my daughter is 8 mos. I so understand), Will-Tara sweetness, Bam-Pow hips...and so, so much more.

Thank-you so much for sharing this with everyone. I can't wait for more!

BB,

Bronwyn

Post subject: Replies + an Update!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 9:54 pm 
Fairydust – Flattery will get you…. Quite far with me actually :wink . But I am still miffed about the whole “DarkChicken” thing :miff

Keili – anytime I can give you a good chuckle… is a good time

Dekalog – Yes, Avalon will makes its appearance… eventually….

Tkheaven – wow, you mean I may have actually written a “page-turner”? Right on. :grin

Bronwyn – WOW! I just divested a little kittie virgin of her first post! Go me!! Okay… in answer to your questions:

1.        You’ll see when we get to Avalon…

2.        Morrigan in this story is not a Goddess, but rather the “aspect” of a Goddess. Will get into a little more of her history later…

3.        Artistic license mixed with my own theories on Celtic myth, legend and lore

I hope that clears things up enough for you to be able to continue to enjoy the story until its end. I am SO very glad that you are liking it as much as you seem to be. Thanks so much for your very very kind words :grin

Cheers

DW

And now… the next little bit!

"Yes", said Ms Henckle as the phone conversation drew to an end. "Yes, I understand... Of course.. it's just that... please forgive my ignorance, my Lady, but isn't she still too young?...So this is the Goddess's way of trying to sneak around behind your back... I see... But... Well, yes... but... there's just one thing more I don't quite understand...If you could just explain to me..."

"...why we are driving to Vegas?" Willow asked for the third time since they had left Sunnydale and headed north toward Nevada.

"For the last time" Ghaena sighed, "we are NOT driving to Vegas. I only mentioned the damn city so that you would know which freeway to take."

"Language." Tara warned from her end seat in the middle row of the van, next to Michelle in her car seat and a sleeping Emily on the other side. Buffy and Morrigan took up the back row.

"Sorry", Ghaena apologized perfunctorily.

"Which brings up another question", Willow went on, gripping the steering wheel even more tightly, "why are we taking the freeway to Avalon?"

"We aren't taking the freeway to Avalon", Ghaena explained. "We are taking the freeway to a point of mystical convergence where we shall travel through the mists to the place where Avalon formerly resided."

"And the mystical convergence is in Las Vegas?" the redhead tried to clarify.

"No!" Ghaena groaned, smacking her hand to her forehead. "No. Just... forget about Las Vegas, alright? I never mentioned it. Vegas bad. No Vegas. Just stay on this road until I tell you otherwise."

"Fine", Willow bit out, "but just so you know, we're going to have to stop soon, or at least switch drivers."

"What for?" asked Ghaena.

"It's almost time for Michelle's morning feeding", Tara explained.

"Oh yes, of course." said the priestess, "I'm sorry, please forgive me. With everything that is going on, I had forgotten." The brunette paused a moment before continuing, "But it really would be best to keep going. Perhaps Tara could drive, or Buffy."

Buffy was just about to respond when she was interrupted. "NO!" Willow and Tara both barked at the same time. Tara recovered first. "That is, uh, I'd rather do it. Our insurance only covers Will and I."

"That and I was just about to say", began Buffy, "That I am a really bad driver and no one in their right mind should trust me behind the wheel, especially with small children involved."

Tara turned toward Buffy apologetically. “I’m sorry, Buffy. It’s not that we think you’re a bad driver exactly…”

“It’s okay”, she replied, “I know that I give 90 year old grandmothers a good name when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. I’ve accepted it. I am one with it. I was just never meant to drive.”

Morrigan shifted a little in her seat. “You know, it’s odd that you’re a bad driver. Given that you have enhanced reflexes, sight and hearing… one would think you’d be made for it.”

“One would think”, Buffy sighed.

“One would also think that is it odd that the same light pink car has been following us for the past half hour”, the ebony-haired priestess went on to add.

“What?!” said Willow, looking in the rear view mirror even as the rest of her passengers turned to look out the back window to spy a very old 1998 faded pink Geo Prism behind them.

“Anybody recognize it?” Buffy asked of the group.

“I do”, snarled Willow. “That’s Ms. Henckle’s car. I saw it the other day in the school parking lot.”

“Are you sure it’s her?” asked Tara.

The small vehicle suddenly accelerated, pulling up tight on the van’s bumper, Ms. Henckle’s face plainly in sight behind the wheel.

“It’s her”, Morrigan confirmed.

“What should we do?”

“Drive faster”, instructed Ghaena, “we’re nearing the beginning of the mists. If we make it there first, we might be able to lose her there.”

“Mists?” said Buffy, “where?”

“There”, said Willow, pointing out the front window and up to a thick blanket of fog that sat nestled into the mountainside, the freeway cutting through the terrain and into the mists above.

“I know this”, said Tara, “it’s the El Cajon Pass. We’re taking the Cajon Pass to Avalon?”

“It’s a means to an end”, Ghaena noted.

“Well yes but—“

Tara was suddenly cut off as the van was struck from behind.

“She’s ramming us!” Buffy called out.

“In that little spec of a car?!” stated Willow incredulously. “Is she crazy?”

“Well… yes.” confirmed Morrigan, still preternaturally stone-faced.

“Remind me when this is over”, said Willow, “to give you Oz’s phone number.”

“Pardon?”

“Nevermind”, grumbled the redhead. “Hold on everyone, it’s about to get bumpy.”

“Willow, be careful”, her wife cautioned.

“I will, baby”, she promised. “I will.”

TBC...

In the next bit... the exciting car chase! Da da dummmm!

Post subject: Re: Replies + an Update!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:07 pm 
OMG, DW! LOL!!!

Quote:
I know that I give 90 year old grandmothers a good name when it comes to operating a motor vehicle. I’ve accepted it. I am one with it.

Oh, so funny... and the "freeway to Avalon" bit? I just kept thinking there's gotta be a song in there somewhere, something Led Zepplin would be proud of. And lovin' the Vegas references. Oh! And the Oz line! I can just picture a conversation between Oz and Morrigan:

"Apocalypse?"

"Yes."

"We win?"

"Yes."

"Oh."

Great job, as usual, DW.

-BB

"Maybe I'll change my look, or cut class. You don't know! And I'm eating this banana, lunch-time be damned!" - Willow, Dopplegangland

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:22 pm 
Okay, What is up with Mrs. Henckle? I knew I had a bad feeling about her.

Tara: My heart doesn't stutter.

Tara: Willow, I got so lost.

Willow: I found you. I will always find you.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2002 10:26 pm 
BTW smarty pants, DW, I updated. So now you'll have no excuse for keeping us in the lurch ;)

ETA: Heh, why is it that this Road Trip scenario sounds like something I've been through at some point?! :lol Heh, DW just wrote what was already on my mind about Buffy's driving skills. I also find it hilarious that she's all with the Max Dexterity Stats but has all thumbs with driving. Go figure :grin

T

Edited by: Kieli at: 12/12/02 12:25:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next