The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Sunday Morning Update
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:14 pm 
Well whats going to happen? She can't kill her thats the love of her life.:paranoid

More soon, please.:sob

brittney

"Arn't you going to tell me to 'break a leg'?"

"Break 'em both." Amber Benson as Cheyenne in The Crush

Post subject: Posts for the Impatient
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:01 pm 
Hola!

So sorry to keep those of you waiting for so long. I actually had something to do today - imagine that. :geek Nerds like me occasionally do that.

Anyway - here's your update!

Chapter 26 'I Think This Line's Mostly Filler'

Thunder rumbles in the wind as lightning crackled across the sky. Any second the clouds threatened to part and unleash all manners of hell to rain down from the heavens on the town of Sunnydale. Anna finds herself staring out of Tara’s hospital room window at the sky; she is meditating to prepare herself for the battle.

Suddenly, Tara’s head jerk from her pillow where she had laid sleeping and she yells out in fright. Anna rushes to her side while Willow takes her hand and speaks soothing words to comfort her. “She’s here,” Tara states, her voice shaking. Willow calmly asks, “Who is here, baby?” Anna just nods once, the colour draining from her face.

“The Sorceress is here in Sunnydale,” Tara says quite breathlessly to Willow and the others in the room. Anna looks to Faith and asks, “Ready Darlin’?” Faith grins, “Ready as you are, Sweet cake.” Anna glances quickly at Buffy, “Is my sword ready?” Buffy nods, “Weapon’s chest in the living room.” Anna nods gravely, “Thank you.” Dawn’s eyes fill with tears as she looks at Anna. The blonde takes a step forward and holds her hand out. Dawn quietly utters, “No,” and runs out of the room, her tears spilling from her eyes.

Anna moves to follow but Buffy catches her arm, “You be careful tonight, Anna. I don’t want my sister getting hurt.” Anna grins slightly, “I wouldn’t dream of it.” Anna tells Faith, “Give me a minute?” Faith nods, “I’ll wait outside.” She walks off; Buffy follows.

They reach the doors of the hospital and exit them, side by side. “Helluva storm,” Faith says to no one in particular; her hopes of Buffy saying anything to her have long since diminished. Buffy sighs, her eyes turned upwards, gazing into the clouds.

“Looking for something, B?” Buffy shrugs, “Just trying to find words.” Faith smiles as she moves to step in front of Buffy and forces the blonde to look her in the eyes. “Then you’re looking in the wrong place, B. Words don’t fall from the sky, they bleed from your heart. Just like everything else in you.” Buffy’s eyes flash to Faith, surprise etched behind them.

“I know, it sounds weird for me to say something like that, eh?” Buffy smiles softly, “I want you to know I missed you.” Faith shrugs, “I was where I needed to be. Had some things to learn.” Buffy asks her, “And you learned them?” Faith chuckles quietly, “Oh, I learned ‘em, B. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about me turning on you guys.”

Buffy’s mouth drops open as she catches the pain in Faith’s voice and she says quickly, “No, Faith. I didn’t mean it like that.” Faith smiles and Buffy asks, “What?” Faith’s face gains a little colour as she mumbles, “Yousaidmyname.” Buffy tells her, “Huh?” Faith sighs and says, “That was the first time you have said my name since L.A.”

“I liked hearing it.” Buffy blushes deeply as she admits, “And I liked saying it.” After a second Faith leans in and kisses Buffy on the cheek, prompting the blonde to shove her backwards and move to a fighting stance. Faith quickly brings her hands up in an innocent pose and says, “Truce, B, truce.” Buffy doesn’t move from her defensive position and Faith tells her, “Look, B, I’m going off to a fight I’m not sure I’m meant to live through.”

Buffy nods and Faith continues, “I learned in prison that every little bit of life is special. And I don’t want to die without you knowing that I’m sorry… I’m sorry for what I’ve done and I’m sorry for who I was. I’m sorry for any trouble that I may have caused you, but most of all… I’m sorry I never told you that I loved you, Buffy.”

Buffy is stocked, her defense pose falls as Faith’s words sink in. Faith smiles sadly, “Yeah, pretty twisted isn’t it? I love you. I always have; maybe that’s why I did all the things I did… I knew you would never love me back.” She allows one tear to fall from her eye before saying, “I can die tonight with a clear mind. I just had to tell you.”

All that Buffy can think to say is, “You called me Buffy.” Faith is a little wounded but this went better than some of the scenarios in her head where Buffy kicked her ass right then and there so she says, “Observant, B.” Her heart is pounding so loud in her chest she just has to get out of there, “Look, tell Anna that I went on without her. I’ll be waiting at the house for orders.”

As Faith walks off she hears Buffy call out, “Wait!” She slowly turns around and stares at Buffy for a full minute before the blonde slayer whispers, “Come back tome tonight.” Faith grins as she thanks whatever god blessed Slayers with good hearing and calls back, “As you wish. I love you.” Faith walks out of hearing distance and Buffy whispers, “I love you, too.”

Anna finds Dawn locked away in a bathroom stall of the hospital. She gently knocks on the door and calls out, “Baby, why are you hidin’ from me?” She hears Dawn’s muffled response and grins slightly at her girlfriend’s cuteness. “Baby, let me in.”

The door unlocks and Anna opens it slowly, walking in and squatting on the floor near Dawn’s sitting place. After a second Anna says, “I have to go.” Dawn looks up fear in her eyes, “You CAN’T!” Anna smiles gently, calm being the main vibe she is giving off. “Baby, you know I have to. Give me a kiss before I go?”

Dawn shakes her head and tells Anna fervently, “I will not say goodbye to you.” Anna shakes her head, “No, baby. No good-byes. I promise you this is not goodbye.” Dawn asks her, “How can you be sure?” Anna can not lie to Dawn, nothing in her soul will let her. Anna shakes her head, “I don’t know how. I just know that I’m gonna come back to you.”

Dawn asks, “How?” Anna bites her lower lip as she reaches into her pocket and pulls something out. Her fist closes over it before dawn can see what it is. Anna smiles softly as she begins her speech, “I love you more than I ever thought it was possible to love someone, Sugar. It was love at first sight for me. I fell in love with that long brown hair of your, the way you move your hips. How you talk, how you breathe – I love every thing there is about you.”

She opens her hand to reveal a very simple, yet very elegant ring. The white gold band meets a sapphire stone to create a perfect engagement ring. “Do you remember when I told you that if I could, I would ask you to marry me and you said yes. Well, I’m askin’ you right now. Dawn Elizabeth Summers, will you marry me?”

Anna slips the ring on Dawn’s finger and before she can pull back Dawn’s lips are upon hers in a searing kiss. After a minute the kiss ends and Anna is grinning like a fool, “I’m gonna assume that was a yes.” Dawn rolls her eyes, “You’d better assume!” Anna leans in and kisses her one last time before rising from the floor.

“I’m coming home to you, Dawn. Remember that.” Dawn asks, “No matter what?” Anna smiles down at her lovely, tear stained fiancée, “No matter what, baby girl. I am coming home to you and I am going to marry you.” Dawn smiles through her tears, “I know you will.” Anna pulls her into a hug. After a minute she hears Dawn whisper, “Will we have a family like Willow and Tara?”

Anna smiles as she thinks to the future and sees a mini-Dawn running around and tells her lovely girlfriend, “Yes, as long as you want one.” Dawn nods, “Oh, I want one.” Anna kisses Dawn’s neck before saying, “We’ll get married and buy a house; It will be right down the road from Willow and Tara.

“When we get settled we’ll start our family. If we can’t have one magickally we’ll adopt beautiful children. We’ll have the white fence and a chocolate lab puppy running around. It will be perfect.” Dawn begins crying as she thinks of this beautiful image.

The two girls hug for a bit longer until Dawn pulls away to look into Anna’s eyes. “Promise me.” Anna nods, “Yes, baby. I promise you all I’ve said tonight and more.” She kisses Dawn’s lips as softly and says, “I really have to go.” Dawn smiles and stands up saying, “I’ll walk you?” Anna nods, “I’d like that.”

They start to leave but Dawn grabs Anna’s hand and pulls her to her for a deep, passionate kiss. And it doesn’t stop with one.

Ah, young love. Kissing leads to caressing. Caressing leads to groping… and we all know where groping leads. Those poor nurses who walked into that bathroom to hear the steamy sexcapades that went on in the very last handicap stall. Not to mention the patients that were waiting to be helped. Thankfully, Anna and Dawn were oblivious to all those who caught the free show.

As they finish, Dawn brings her leg down from Anna’s hip and licks her fingers clean. Anna’s lazy grin displays how much fun she had. She kisses Dawn’s neck wetly before kissing her lips. “I love you.” Dawn smiles as she whispers, “I love you, too.”

And with that Anna is gone.

“We’re movin’ out, grab your gear.”

Faith’s eyes travel to the door where the blonde girl is walking into the house and she nods. She moves from her position by the punching bag in the living room to the doorway calling, “Angel, get your ass up here!”

Anna walks purposefully to the weapon’s chest in the living room and takes out her gleaming sword. It sings in the air; righteous, holy. The engravings sparkle brighter in the light than the rest of the metal; looking to be on fire.

Faith lets out a low whistle as she eyes the weapon, “Damn. Where can I get me one of them?” Anna grins, her eyes never leaving her sword.

Angel appears, “Load me up.”

Dawn wanders back into Tara’s hospital room, finding the room abuzz. “What’s all the hubbub?” Willow’s wild eyes look at Dawn and tell her, “Shellie says she’s almost ready.”

Tara is grinning happily, knowing that her baby is almost here is enough to make her giddy no matter how much pain she’s in.

Dr. Shellie smiles as she raises up from the monitor beside Tara, “Let’s get you into the delivery room, Tara.” Tara grins, “Yes, ma’am.”

Buffy catches Shellie’s are as the doctor is walking out of the room and says, “There are a few of us here that have a job to do, Shel. That job is to make sure this baby gets born and nothing is done to harm her or her mother. I need to know right now if you are going to have a problem allowing us to do that job.”

Shellie laughs heartily at Buffy and tells her, “I’ve known you since you moved here, Summers. I know better than to think I can stop you from doing whatever the hell you want to do. You won’t have any problems from me or my hospital staff.”

Dawn leans down to kiss Tara’s forehead saying, “I’ll be right outside the door at all times.” Buffy also kisses Tara, “Me too.” The rest of the gang says their good-byes to the anxious mother-to-be and she is wheeled out of the room with her wife following shortly behind.

Buffy looks to her friends, “Be ready for anything.”

Tara is thrown from Willow by a strong hand. Willow crumples to the ground, her body lifeless. Tara is outraged as she flies to her feet, ready to challenge whoever removed her from Willow.

She is face to face with Glory. “What under the Goddess possessed you to pull me so violently from eating,” Tara yells, her voice shaking the caves in which she is standing. Glory realizes that Tara is still buzzing from the demon’s heart and tries to calm her down.

“Mistress, please forgive me but you were killing your frickin’ pet. I did not wish to have your heart broken later when you came to your sense and found that she was laying on the freaking ground and you caused it.”

Tara lunges at Glory, still feral from her earlier escapades, wild and animal like. Glory dodges Tara with her god-like speed and the Sorceress dives head first into the wall of rock in front of her. The smacking knocks some sense into her and she stands up shaking her head.

Her eyes clear a bit as she looks down at Willow’s crumpled body. “W-willow?” The beautiful red head doesn’t stir. Tara falls to her knees in front of the witch, feeling actual concern toward her.

“Willow,” Mistress Tara calls out a bit louder, hoping for a response. Glory leans down, sniffing the air and poking at Willow’s still form, “I think you killed her. Way to go.”

Jessica

Post subject: To Make Up...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:04 pm 
Because I wasn't here to post ALL day long, I'll make up for it by posting again - twice in a row! WOO-HOO!

WARNING: This is the next to last chapter. Only one more after this.

Chapter 27 'Face to Face'

Tara’s eyes flash with anger as she looks to Glory, “You would do well to keep your mouth shut, Glorificus. If my Willow is indeed dead, it will be you who shall pay the price.” Glory sighs unhappily thinking, ‘Damn it, if I just KNEW when to keep my mouth shut.’

Glory reaches out and pokes willow hard in the side, hoping for any sort of response. She doesn’t get any. Just as Glory gets the idea in her head to start running she sees Willow’s chest rising and falling in time with her breathing. “Check it out, Tare – she’s breathing.”

Tara’s hand flies to Willow’s abdomen where she can feel it rise with Willow’s flesh. “Praise the Goddess,” Tara whispers so low that Glory can not hear it. She moves her hand to examine the cruel bite mark on Willow'’ neck, only to find it healed slightly, already scaring over.

“What the –“ Glory exclaims as she too watches Willow’s neck scar over. “This must be an inter-dimensional warp,” Tara mutters to herself as she looks around for other signs of this rarity. At the corners of the cave she can sense ripples in the fabric of time and she points them out to Glory saying, “We must leave here.”

Glory can feel that her mistress is right and does not ask questions, she gestures to her minions waiting in the corridor to follow them as Tara hoists Willow’s limp body onto her shoulders and they leave the cave.

As the group flows from the cave and into the open Sunnydale night air, Anna and her tow warriors are heading to Restfield cemetery to meet them at the hottest hot spot Sunnydale’s Hellmouth has to offer.

“Why are we going to Restfield,” Faith asks Anna as they walk quietly down the deserted streets of Sunnydale.

Anna tells Faith without really looking at her, “The hot spot where the sorceress will be the most powerful is there. That’s where she’ll be, Faith.” Angel tells them a bit sarcastically, “So, whose idea was it to fight this girl at the place she’ll be the most likely to kick our ass?”

Faith doesn’t smile and neither does Anna. The blonde leader quietly tells him, “It’s our only hope.”

Angel shakes his head, “We’re all going to die.” Not a full second after the words are out of his mouth Anna is upon him, uncontrollable anger flashing wildly in her eyes.

“You might not have a reason to live, vampire, but I do. I not only have the most beautiful girl in the world to come home to and take care of for the rest of my life but I have the fate of the world resting in my hands.”

She pauses for a breath and continues, “I have everything to live for and I plan on doing so.” Faith places a claming hand on Anna’s shoulder only to have it shrugged off, “Look, blondie. Angel was only joking.”

Anna frowns as she looks at Faith and says, “I don’t have the energy to joke around, Faith.” Faith nods, “I get that. Big scary apocalypse on the horizon. But like you said, you have everything to live for. That gives us an edge when it comes to fighting. Let’s kick us some Sorceress ass.”

“AahhhHHH,” Tara screeches out as Willow tells her calmly, “Push again, baby.” She shakes her head, “YOU push!”

Willow smiles gently, “I would if I could, baby.” Tara releases another yell as she pushes with all of her might, “AAAAAAAAhh.”

Shellie quickly tells Tara, “Slow down with your pushing, Tara – we don’t want to squeezes this baby out to soon.” Tara angrily looks at her doctor, “Too soon? How about not soon enough, Shel. This HURTS!” Shellie laughs softly, “Yes, Tara, it does.”

Willow caresses Tara’s hand, “You’re doing great, baby. Not too much longer now.” Tara’s head snaps to look at willow before she says, “Don’t call me baby. You did this to me.” Willow’s eyes bulge as she can’t think of anything to say.

The nurse standing beside her says, “Don’t worry, they all say that.” Tears form behind Tara’s eyes as she whispers, “I didn’t mean it.” Willow smiles, “I know baby. Push for me?”

Tara gathers her strength and pushes with all of her might. Dr. Shellie announces, “I felt some movement that time, Tare. This labor shouldn’t take too long.”

Willow looks at the clock, “It’s been two hours already, how much longer could it last?” Shellie sighs, “Usually once the mother goes into her twentieth hour of labor we decided to do a c-section.” Tara’s eyes open widely, “20th?” Shellie grins, “Don’t worry – I give you another hour tops, Tara.”

Shellie pushes gently on Tara’s stomach, causing the woman to push involuntarily. Willow removes her hand from Tara’s and says, “I’m going to get you some more ice, all right baby?”

Tara looks lost as she watches Willow go and she calls out, “Don’t leave me!” As she watches the red head leave the room she feels strangely abandoned and begins to cry. Then she feels a hand on hers and looks to see a smiling Dawn looking down on her.

“No body abandoned you, Tara,” Shellie tells her quietly before ordering, “PUSH!” Tara squeezes Dawn’s hand as she pushes, making the girl cringe. “Damn,” Dawn mutters as she looks to see what is going on where the doctor is stationed.

“Scary stuff.” Tara collapses from her huge fit of pushing, claiming exhaustion. “You can rest from a minute, Tara,” Shellie tells her softly.

As Tara and her gang are drawn to the cemetery, Anna and her gang walk purposefully through the streets of Sunnydale to meet them in battle.

Tara sniffs the air and she announces, “Company is coming. Some one doesn’t want us here.” Glory scoffs as she thinks, ‘Mousy the Vampire Slayer and her band of Witches probably.’ Tara’s head jerks to Glory, “Slayer?”

Glory mentally kicks herself as she remembers Tara can read her mind and nods, “There is one here.” Before Tara can ask Glory says, “I’ve been here before.” Tara doesn’t bother with getting details, “Be ready for a fight at all times, Glory.”

Just the she glimpses the three warriors waiting for her to come and fight them. A blonde girl who stands radiating power and purpose must be their leader. She stands in the middle, her sword resting in her hands naturally; the brunette girl who screams vulnerable yet has confidence flowing around her stands just to the blonde’s left.

Then she sees Angelus; souled and dirty. She seethes inside at this sight, “Angelus,” she spits out and shoots a look to Glory, “I want that one dead before the others. He presence disgraces me.” Glory nods, “I’ll take him and the brunette-y Slayer chick, I assume you want the tiny blondie leader girl for yourself.”

Tara nods, “Always.”

“Shit,” Faith breathes as she looks at the oncoming mass of people (demons rather). Angel grunts, “How many is that?” Faith shrugs, “Two human-likes and about ten ugly things.” Anna sweeps her jacket off and moves to stand in a defensive pose, “Ready?”

Faith grins like a maniac, “For anything.”

Angel smiles, “I live for this.” Faith laughs, “Can you even say that?” Angel shrugs, “I didn’t say I was politically correct.”

Anna clears her throat and nearly drops her sword as the stunning Sorceress walks close enough that they can see her. “Fuck,” Faith says as her eyes roam Tara. Angel gulps, “If my heart were beating thins would be the time I would say it stopped.”

Anna shakes her head, “No, please. I can’t fight Tara.” Faith shrugs, “Looks like you’ll have to. She seems to be the leader, you know? And she’s carrying a very familiar redhead.”

Tara and her group finally walk into battle distance. Tara gently sets willow down in the grass and draws her swords to face Anna, Faith, and Angel. Glory moves to stand beside her while Tara flips the sword over and over in her hands.

Anna steps forward and calls to Tara, “I am Anaphrodite, Daughter of the Goddess, Keeper of the Babe.” Glory’s eyes flash in anger as she hears that name and she visibly flinches. She looks to her left and says, “Faith, Chosen One.” Anna looks to her right and says, “Angel, Vampire with a Soul.” Tara raises her eyebrow and glances at Glory, “A sister of yours?”

Glory shrugs, “She’s had so many half-human brats it’s hard to keep count.” Tara shakes her head, “I don’t believe you.” She doesn’t wait for Glory to answer but takes a step forward. “I am Tara, but you may call me Mistress. I bring all that I touch into blinding oblivion.” She grins wickedly as she intoduces, “Glory, known to some as Glorificus. God.” She looks down at the sleeping red head and whispers, “My best warrior. Willow. She had an accident and will not be joining us in this fight.”

Anna can not help but want to heal Willow, afterall her instincts are to make willow and Tara as comfortable as she can. “I wish to avoid this fight, Mistress,” Anna says modestly. Tara laughs, “Yes, young one. I imagine you do. I, too wish to avoid it.”

Anna sighs softly, “But you will not leave my world for another, will you Mistress?” Tara shakes her head, “I have come to meet the me that lives here. Judging the way you reacted when I came near, you know the me here.”

Anna nods, “I am very close to the other you.” She looks down at Willow and whispers, “Also, your wife Willow.” Tara stops flipping the sword in her hands and asks, “I am married to Willow?” Faith nods, “Yeah, you two are tight with the wicc-y love.”

Tara’s eyes flash at the Slayer and she says, “I was not talking to you.” Faith is about to snap back at her but she is stopped by Anna’s hand on her mouth. “You are married to Willow in this world; I officiated the weddin’ ceremony.”

Tara smiles, “Do we love each other?” Anna nods, “Your love is the most powerful thing in this world. So powerful it is about to fulfill a prophecy.” Tara scoffs, “What prophecy?”

“A child from two women born,

Shall cure the blind and heal the torn.

A Witch and a Sorceress they shall be,

Their love present for all to see.

The babe fashioned from a seedless womb,

Shall awaken angels from their tombs.

Daughter of truth and savior of man,

She will, the demons, ban.

Guarded by the holy name,

Waiting for powers she alone can claim.

A Daughter of the Goddess shall appear,

To teach the babe what good she holds dear.

Only a child, but a liberator of man,

She shall do what no other can.

With power to heal and power to free,

She will save them all, wait and see.”

Tara can feel the corners of her heart melting of their iron hold so she decides talking is done. “You say you are the Daughter of the Goddess, Anaphrodite. Show me what you got.”

With that she springs forward, before Anna can react. Faith jams her battle ax between Tara’s Lexicon and Anna’s body only to have Tara’s sword slice through her thick metal ax like butter. Anna jerks back and says, “Thanks, Faith.” Faith grunts, “You made a promise to a certain little brunette that you’d come home to her. I don’t want it to be in a box, blondie.”

Glory steps forward and takes up her battle with Faith and Angel, throwing them for a loop with her god-like strength.

Anna raises her sword, “You caught me unprepared that time, Mistress. It won’t happen again.” Tara laughs, “Did you not see what my sword did to your slayer’s ax? What makes you think this sword will survive?”

Anna brings it to clash loudly against Tara’s Lexicon and yells, “It was a gift from my Moma. Nothin’ you can throw at me will damage it.” The sparks that fly when the two swards clash are great. Tara’s eyes flash with anger, “That can’t be!”

She brings her sword swiftly around and they spar. Each never hitting the other but coming dangerously close. Finally Tara overpowers Anna slightly and Lexicon nicks the poor girl. Anna takes a deep breath and dives right back it, already becoming tired of dancing in circles to avoid Tara’s sword.

“I have trained for over 500 years in the art of sword play, child. Give in to me now.” Anna shakes her head, “You might be better in every way, but I have heart.” Tara shakes her head, “It will not be enough to save you.” Anna shrugs, “It might.”

Jessica:geek

Post subject: Re: To Make Up...
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:20 pm 
More More More!!!:banana

There is going to be a sequel isn't there? After the next and last update? This story is to good not to have a sequel.

More real, real soon, please.:D

brittney

Post subject: Re: To Make Up...
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:23 am 
Ok wow that was an intense set of updates and damn Tara went off her lil Mistress rocker. Thank goodness Glory was there to stop her (OK damn that felt strange to type lol) I still hope that Tara gets to see hers and Willows alternate baby. Sense that is what will melt her heart and all cause Hey 2 Tara's are much better than one. Plus ok kid goes to school and the Tara's are with her and the teacher ask who they are kid replies this is my mommy and Mistress. :rofl The look on the teachers face would be priceless. Any way Thanks for the updates I am really enjoying this fic. BTW Can't wait to hear about the lil munchkin :)

Arron

She walks in beauty, Like the night of cloudless climes and starry skies; And all that's best of dark and bright; Meet in her aspect, and her eyes. ~ by Byron ~

Post subject: Last Update!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:03 pm 
Hey all.... School is hard, damn it. But here is your update!

amazonaa : Yes, there is a sequel, although I do not know how good it will be.

Arron CFF: Hmm... I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever decide to write about when the baby is older... And I just might! Look for it!

UPDATE!

To Warn The Reader: If you are looking for a happy ending, look elsewhere.You will NOT find it here. Angst

Chapter 28 'Fin'

Tara yells loudly as she runs towards Anna, she is becoming winded as she fights the demi-goddess. She swings her sword with all of her might only to have it blocked by Anna’s own. “Damn it,” Tara yells in frustration. ‘Magick will help me,’ she thinks as she summons the strength to attack Anna magickally.

Anna doesn’t give her time to use it. She can feel the power gathering and uses all of her own energy to attack Mistress Tara physically. Luckily the need to concentrate on physical activity is stopping Tara from using her deadly magicks.

“You are losing intensity, child,” Tara says, herself being near breathless. Tara whips her sword around and hits Anna in the forehead with the butt of her hilt. Anna wipes her sweat-covered brow, finding blood on her hand when she moves it away. Tara smiles as she sees the deep indention bleeding from Anna’s head.

A few droplets of blood land on Anna’s sword and the first of the two symbols on it radiate a blinding light for nearly a full second. Anna starts at that thinking, ‘What in the?’ She isn’t allowed any more time to think as Tara attacks her with more energy than Anna has to counteract.

Suddenly the sorceress falls back and asks, “What are you?” Anna in confusion asks, “What do you mean?” Tara raises her own hand to touch her forehead, “I left you a wound and it is now gone. How?” Anna is always on the defensive, never once letting her guard down but says, “I can heal. Others and myself. A gift from the Goddess.”

With that Anna charges Tara hacking and slashing, trying any and every combination to get the sorceress ‘against the ropes’ and under her control. Tara counter attacks ever move. Anna can never touch her with her weapon.

Suddenly Anna has a flashback ** Faith lifts the sword, “What is this for?” The Goddess grins, “I sent that to Anaphrodite. She is to use it against the Sorceress. It is the only sword that can rival the Sorceress’s Lexicon. It is not to harm her, but to help her see.” The Goddess looks to Anna, “You are my favorite Daughter, Anaphrodite. I will always keep my eye on you. Never be afraid to ask for help when you need it.” With a smile she is gone, leaving the people in the kitchen dazed.**

“I can’t hurt you,” Anna says softly, almost to herself. Mistress Tara smiles, “Now you get it.” Anna shakes her head, “I’m just here to help you see.” With that said she turns her head to the sky and yells at the top of her lungs, “I NEED HELP!”

A voice rumbles, it seems, from the ground itself, “So shall it be.” Then the earth opened up and threatened to swallow them whole.

*******MEANWHILE********

“AAhhhhAAAAAHhhhhhAAAAhh,” Tara yells, using every ounce of her breath in that one yell. Willow has returned and is standing next to her beautiful sweat covered wife looking on in adoration. Shellie grins as she says, “Just a few more pushes, Tara.

Willow looks down at the doctor, “Really?” Shellie nods, “Your baby is almost here, guys.” Willow excitedly turn to Tara, “Did you hear that?” Tara nods as she tries her Lamaze breathing exercises. They last all of three seconds before Tara yells, “Screw it!”

She squeezes Willow’s hand as she pushes with all of her might like Shellie told her to. Willow is unaware of the pain in her hand, all she can think about is the wonderful, beautiful creature about to pop from her wife’s womb.

Tara can feel something move and Shellie announces, “I see the head.” Willow scoots down to look and she yelps, “Are you sure?” Shellie laughs, “She’s beautiful so far.” Tara keeps pushing, “I’ve got shoulders now,” Shellie tells them.

“One more hard push, Tara. Give me all you’ve got,” Shellie yells. Exhausted, Tara tries and to her surprise she pushes ten times harder than she thought she would be able to. After a short time she can hear a tiny cry that lasted no longer than a second. Then the earthquake came.

It lasted no longer than ten seconds, but the floor and light fixtures shook with violence. Then it was gone.

Willow leans down and sees her child for the first time and is overcome with tears. She looks back at Tara and whispers, “She’s perfect. She really is, Tare.” Shellie hands her the scissors and says, “Cut the cord, Willow.” Willow’s eyes grow wide, “You mean me? Cut the baby? Like, actually take the scissors and chop of the thing that connected my baby to my wife? Are you nuts?”

She hands the scissors back to Shellie and says, “I’ll settle for holding her while you do it.”

Shellie smiles as she hands the tiny infant to Willow and cuts the cord off. Less than a minute later they have the baby wrapped in a blanket and a cap placed on her head. Willow gently places the baby in Tara’s arms. Tara smiles down at the perfect little angel that she had just gave birth to and placed a small kiss on her forehead. “I’m your Mommy little girl.”

Willow smiles as she says, “Me too. It might be hard to get used to but I think you’ll adjust without a Daddy.” After a minute Willow kisses Tara’s head and whispers, “She’s perfect.” Tara smiles, “We made her. She’s ours, always.” Willow lightly fingers the baby’s full head of black hair and says, “She’s not fussy.”

An impatient gang waits outside the door until the get the go ahead from the doctor and all come rushing in. Buffy makes it first, Slayer speed being her unfair advantage. She freezes as she sees the tiny baby clinging to its Moma. Just as the others crowd around them, the baby yawns slightly.

“Awwww,” Buffy breathes as she leans in to kiss her. “I’m your Aunt Buffy, little one. I’m always going to protect you.” She lets the others come closer. Giles comes up to her and says, “I’m Grandpa. You’re my first little granddaughter, so I’ll be spoiling you beyond words, you can count on that. Congratulations.” That last part is directed to Willow and Tara.

Xander comes forwards, “Hey, I’m your Uncle Xander, kiddo. I won’t hold you until you get older ‘cause I’ll drop you. But then I’ll teach you cool stuff. You’ll be my little helper at work, I’ve already got it all figured out.”

Last but not least Dawn comes forwards. Dawn kisses the baby as well as whispers, “Hi kid. I’ve been waiting for you. I’m your Aunt Dawnie; your Aunt Anna isn’t here right now because she’s doing something important, but you’ll meet her eventually. We’re going to spoil you rotten and teach you all kinds of neat things that kids should know.”

Shellie smiles as she says, “Let me get Tara to recovery. Willow, why don’t you go with Norma and get baby Rosenberg-Maclay cleaned up so she can visit with her mommies longer.” Willow lifts the baby from Tara’s protective arms and goes with the nurse.

“She’s beautiful, Tare,” Shellie whispers as she leads the blonde to recovery.

The earthquake sets Mistress Tara off guard as she sees a fissure open up and lead to her Willow. She moves to retrieve the girl and take her to safe ground, but Anna seizes an opportunity and lunges with it. ‘It’s got to be blood – that’s how I make her see.’

Anna takes her sword and rams it through Mistress Tara’s abdomen, knowing that it would only hurt the Sorceress for a second. “AAAaaahhhhh,” Tara screams in pain, it having been nearly 400 years since she was last injured. The blood reaches the sword and the second symbol joins the first glowing brightly.

The blinding light flows from the sword and Tara’s midsection, white and pure. Then a sound much like a sonic boom screams into the night as the light blows the two a good forty feet away from each other; affecting the others still locked in battle. A great swirling blue light shines down from the heavens and rests on Mistress Tara, the sword raising up out of her and floating in the air there.

The light from the sword enters her eyes and she sees all that she is meant to see. Dozens of hundreds of worlds where she is happy. Hundreds of worlds where she is with Willow. And she sees her daughter. The tiny fists waving in the air, her Willow holding the baby close to her chest. She even sees herself kissing the babe on the forehead.

From the sky a voice sounds, “You want this, Sorceress. You know what you must do to have it. Let go of the anger, let go of the rage. Embrace the love, child.” For the first time in over 500 years tears flowed freely from Tara’s eyes. She nods, “Yes.”

The light continues to grow brighter with each passing moment. “I’m sending you to a new home, Tara. Treat it well.” The place where the sword pierced her is no longer a wound, it looks as if it were never there. Suddenly a hand is on Tara’s shoulder and she looks to see Willow laying next to her.

“We’re going home, Willow,” Tara announces softly. Willow smiles, understanding that words were not needed. The blinding light just grew more so. White and brighter than any other light imaginable.

Anna climbs to her feet, staggering under the weight of her own body. She is tired beyond reason, unable to move with the grace and agility that she normally does. Without warning, Glory is upon her.

“Hey, Kid. Long time since I’ve seen you.” Anna looks strangely at her, “I’ve never met you.” Glory laughs, “Don’t remember me? Well, I remember you, Anaphrodite. Always Moma’s favorite. Well, La-dee-frickin-da. Moma’s not here, now is she?”

Then Glory grabs Anna’s hair and yanks down with it saying, “Fight me, Anna.” Anna brings her fist up to connect with Glory’s face and they fight like that. Glory taking her turn punching the crap out of Anna and Anna working her hardest to make a dent in the God.

Anna looks around for Faith or Angel and sees them making their way towards the fighting pair. ‘The light or the earthquake must have knocked them down, too.’ Then everything was gone.

“What the fu-,” Glory yells as she sees the familiar portal walls. All Anna can see is the darkness and all she can feel is the deathgrip of her sister. One thought enters her head before she loses consciousness, ‘Dawn.’

“What are we going to call her?” Willow asks Tara as they both sit on the bed in the recovery room. Tara looks up from her arms and says, “I was thinking Jennifer Joyce.” Tara looks over at Buffy and Dawn and asks, “If that would be okay with you. I think she deserves to be remembered. And She will want to know her grandmother.”

Buffy and Dawn quickly nod and Dawn says, “I think it’ll make Mom smile from heaven.” Giles asks, “Why Jennifer?” Tara blushes as she whispers, “Willow told me about Miss Calander. I think they both need to be remembered. If my daughter is going to be the Savior of Man she might as well be called after two woman who helped us to fight evil.”

Giles smiles softly, “I think it is wonderful.” Willow squeezes Tara’s hand, “And so do I, love.” Willow bends down and kisses the baby saying, “How do you like it, Jennifer Joyce?” Jennifer opens her big blue eyes and looks around the room, making a tiny cooing noise.

Dawn laughs, “I’ll take that as a yes.” Willow nods, “Me, too.”

The door opens and they all turn to look and see who it is. Faith walks in, bloody, torn, bruised and muddy. She is tired, and everyone can tell that it hurts her just to be awake enough to walk. “Oh, Goddess,” Willow says, “What happened to you?” Her mind flies to the thousands of things that the battle could have had.

From swords to magicks. Faith is dripping blood and mud on the floor of the hospital. Buffy laughs, just happy to see that Faith is still alive from this battle and asks, “Did they try to admit you?” She shakes her head. Willow rolls her eyes, “They should have. You look like hell. But at least you’re here. Crisis over?”

Faith nods, “Bitch went down.” All this time Faith hasn’t taken her eyes off of Dawn. Buffy asks softly, “Where’s Anna?”

Dawn stands up, “She probably just stopped by the house to shower. She hates people to see her after a battle all bruised and sweaty.” When Faith doesn’t say anything Dawn asks, “Right?” Faith closes her eyes and shakes her head, “No, Dawn. She’s not at the house.”

Dawn’s voice comes out shaky, “Where is she?” Faith’s eyes tear up as she says, “I tried to get to her, but that damn God had her locked in a battle when the light came and took them away. I tried, Dawn. I just wasn’t quick enough.” Dawn shakes her head, “What are you saying? I don't believe you.”

Faith nods, “I’m so sorry, Dawn. I couldn’t get to her in time. She was sucked into the portal with the others.” Dawn yells out, “NO!” Buffy moves to comfort her sister only to be pushed roughly away, “No.” Faith lowers her head, so ashamed of herself. “I’m sorry I wasn’t good enough, Dawn.”

“No!” Dawn says again, refusing to accept it. “She p-promised me. She is coming home to me. She promised. She’s not gone, you saw it wrong. Say it, Faith. You saw it wrong.” Faith breaks down into sobs, “I wish to God I did see it wrong little bit. But I didn’t. She’s gone, and I could have saved her.”

Tara is still staring at Faith in shock, along with Willow and the others in the room. The tears start from the exhausted mother. She loved Anna like her own little sister. Anna was her friend and her companion. Willow cried because she too had come to love the blonde.

Even though she still at times did not like her, she trusted the blonde to take care of Jennifer. Which she would not be doing. That realization caused even more tears to fall.

Dawn’s denial becomes anger as she seethes inside, hearing Faith near confession of her lover’s disappearance. Dawn rushes at Faith, using all of her strength to punch Faith again and again.

Faith just takes it, sobbing loudly. Soon Dawn’s anger is spent and she begins crying loud anguished sobs. She collapses in Faiths arms and they sink to the floor. One coming to grips that she has never and will never be the hero she so desperately needs to be; the other desperately clinging on to the hope of a lover’s return.

~Fin~

Always,

Jessica :geek

Post subject: Re: Last Update!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:35 pm 
:sob :sob That was great. Sad but great.

Great job. Now i'm off to read the sequel.;)

brittney

Post subject: Re: Last Update!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:31 pm 
Wow, that was freggin amazing! With the fighting and the pushing and the crying, veeerrry intense and angsty, but i still loved everybit of it.

Definitely one of my favourites, i just love the way you write, how you manage to pick me up and take me on this little adventure and then drop me off all emotionally spent cos of all the different emotions you put us through *deep breathe* It's so god damn amazing! Thanxs very much for sharing. Poor Anna, i want her to come back, so now i'm going to read the sequel to see if that one shows signs of Anna and a happy ending.

Michelle.x

Post subject: Thank You
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:33 pm 
Ahem... :stop

I say, 'thank you' to those kind words... Even though I am sure I do not deserve them.

I hope my sequeal lives up to all that you say.

Edited by: Warduke at: 9/10/04 8:06 pm

Post subject: Re: Help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:06 pm 
AHHH!!!! I just now finished this and I can't find the sequel! I know I saw it on here yesterday. I am going :crazy ? Did I just overlook it?? I'm dying here!:gnome I need Savior of Man Part II!

BTW this story is the greatest!!! :bow

Edited by: MorgainePriestessOfAvalon at: 9/11/04 8:18 pm

Post subject: Re: Help!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:27 pm 
*sheepish look* :whistle Someone, who is going to remain nameless, overlooked a rule. They were justly punished for it... And now they are going to try again while following all the rules!

I've added PART II to the end of PART I... The mods clued me in on a very good idea to minimize the amout of threads... Those guys are smart. They deserve a BIG thank you!

Here we go... Savior of Man, Part II (revised) A very different version of this story will be posted on Extraflamey in case anyone wants to read two versions.

Title: Savior of Man

Author: Beautifultrgdy, aka Beautifultragedy, aka Thumper

Disclaimer: I own nothing. Kleptomainia of characters is rampant.

WARNING: NC-17. Some angst... Not nearly as much as the prequel. I promise for a happy ending.

Summary: Read it... PLEASE?!

Here goes nothing...

Chapter 1 'Catching Up'

“I call up an Ancient power

In this time and in this hour.

Find the one I hold so dear,

Find her now and bring her here.

I call up an Ancient power

I call up an Ancient power

Find her now and bring her here.”

Dawn pricks her finger and drops the blood into the flame of the sacred candle, hearing it sizzle and bubble in the heat.

The candle flickers as an unfelt breeze passed through the room. Dawn holds her breath as she waits for some sign that it worked. Nothing stirs. Nothing breathes. The world has stopped turning; all is quiet.

Her heart breaks all over again. She had really thought this one would work. Just like the other fifty spells she had tried. Even the ones where Tara helped her never succeeded. The silent tears streaming down her face go unnoticed by the brunette. She has cried so much in these last four months that tears are second nature; it feels weird not to have them.

Dawn places her hand gently on her stomach and thinks, ‘She just has to come back. She just has to.’ She lets her gaze wander to the picture in the middle of the alter before her. Beautiful green eyes stare back at her through a smiling, laughing face.

Dawn is shaken from her thoughts by the startling cry of a baby. She grins slightly, thinking of her beautiful niece and whispers, “I’m coming, Jenny.”

“Wil,” Tara murmurs, “She’s crying again.” Willow nods, “You go back to sleep, baby. I’ll get her.” Tara kisses her wife softly on the lips and closes her eyes once more. A few seconds later when the crying hasn’t stopped, Tara opens them to find her wife back asleep.

Tara groans and starts to roll out of bed, but is stopped by Willow’s hand on her shoulder. “I’ll get her.” Tara laughs softly, “No, I’ll get her.” Willow shakes her head, “You’ve gotten her the last two nights.” Tara nods, “And you fall back asleep. Let me get her.”

Willow sleepily shakes her head, “I’ll get her.” Tara rolls her eyes and crawls out of bed, surprised that her wife is following her. Halfway to the nursery Willow points out, “Hey, she’s stopped crying.” Tara frowns, “I know.” Willow asks, “You’re worried?”

Tara shrugs and they walk to the slightly open nursery door. Dawn is rocking the baby in the chair and humming softly in her ear. Tara smiles as she sees the happy look on Dawn’s face as little Jenny coos up at her Aunt Dawn. The baby’s startling red hair looks just like her Mommy’s. And even though Tara can’t see her daughter’s eyes from here she knows that they are the same blue as her very own.

Willow quietly says, “Aw, they’re so cute.” Tara nods, “Yes, let’s go back to bed. Dawn has this.” Willow asks, “You sure? It’s not Dawn’s responsibility.” Tara nods, “Dawn needs this. Come back to bed with me?” Willow smiles, her sleep winning over and says, “Okay.

The sun shines down on Tara’s face, causing her to wake from her very pleasant dream. Her wife is still tangled in her, but she manages to wiggle free without waking Willow up. As Tara looks over at the clock she wonders how long Dawn was up with Jenny.

“Nearly nine,” Tara murmurs, “Jenny should have been up two hours ago.” Tara pulls on a robe over her night clothes and begins to walk to the nursery. She pauses outside of Dawn’s door when she hears her baby gurgling and cooing in there.

Tara quietly opens the door to peak in on them. She sees Dawn fast asleep on the bed with her body nestled around Jenny, and the tiny red head is laying there waving her fist around in the air and talking to her sleeping Aunt Dawn.

Tara sees that Jenny is happy and quickly takes a shower and gets dressed. When she is fully awake and ready to make breakfast she walks back to Dawn’s room.

Tara, as quietly as she can, walks over to the bed and gingerly lifts her baby from it, kissing her gently on the forehead. Jenny sputters loudly, whimpering in protest at being removed from her comfortable spot. Tara rubs her nose against the baby’s face and tells her, “Aunt Dawnie is sleeping, why don’t you come downstairs and play with Mommy?”

Jenny stops fussing and Tara takes her downstairs, leaving poor exhausted Dawn to sleep for a while longer.

Willow grins as she smells breakfast cooking from down the stairs. She rolls out of bed and heads to shower, loving the fact that she wakes up every day to a beautiful wife and a lovely daughter.

After dressing, she heads down the stairs to hear Buffy and Tara talking.

“Dawn was up with her last night?” Tara smiles, “Yes, my life saver Dawn. If it weren’t for her I’d never get a night’s sleep.” Tara turns to Jenny and says in baby talk, “You never wanna let your mommies sleep, do you?”

Buffy laughs, “I sleep so soundly I never hear her cry.” Willow walks into the kitchen to see Buffy playing with her daughter, placing kisses on the baby and swinging her in the air. Willow walks over and kisses Tara’s neck saying, “Good morning, Doll.”

Tara smiles, “Morning, Wil. Did you sleep okay?” Willow grins, “Yes.” She steals Jenny away from Buffy and covers the girl in kisses. “Mwah, Mwah, Mwah! How’s my baby girl this morning?”

Buffy smiles, “You guys are the best moms.” Tara blushes, “Thanks, Buffy.” Tara places a large omelet on a plate along with some bacon and hands it to Buffy saying, “Slayers need good breakfasts.” Buffy shrugs, “Can’t argue with that.”

Tara also hands Willow a plate with a much smaller omelet saying, “Mommy’s need their breakfasts, too.” Willow kisses Tara’s lips and whispers, “Thank you, baby.”

Dawn wakes up, the sunlight streaming through the one hole in her curtain and hitting her face. She opens her eyes and is faced with a picture of Anna. The beautiful blonde is laughing, her eyes crinkled at the edges, and her face turning red.

Dawn takes her fingers and brushes the glass slightly, longing for her lover to come back. Her stomach feels as if it houses rocks, heavy and stiff. She already knows, but has to find out for sure before she says something to any of her family.

She crawls out of bed, this feat something so great it is nearly not accomplished. She vaguely remembers Tara taking Jenny away from her this morning, but she was too tired to protest. Dawn wanders to the bathroom, still in a half-dream half-awake state.

After showering quickly, she returns to her room to get dressed. She leafs through her closet, looking for something to wear to the doctor today. Even though it is nearly 90 degrees outside, she finds Anna’s white jacket/sweater thing. After Dawn pulls on a pair of loose fitting jeans and a yellow button up shirt, she puts the jacket on.

If she breathes deeply, she can smell Anna. If she listens hard enough she can hear her laugh. Dawn smiles wistfully as she leaves her room and starts to head downstairs. About halfway through she gets dizzy and sits down with a loud, ‘THUD.’

Buffy rushes into the foyer, looking around. She sees Dawn sitting on the stairs and asks, “Are you okay?” Dawn nods slowly, “I just got a little dizzy, Buff.” Buffy nods, “You’re not sleeping enough.” Dawn shrugs as if to say, ‘What are you gonna do?’

Tara appears behind Buffy asking, “Everything all right?” Buffy nods, “Dawn’s just a little dizzy.” Tara makes a ‘hmm’ noise but doesn’t say anything.

After a minute Dawn stands up, “Good as new,” she murmurs, joining the rest of her family in the dinning room for breakfast. Tara sets a plate in front of dawn and the girl begins to eat mechanically. Food into mouth. Chew three times. Swallow. Repeat.

Buffy clears her throat, “So, Dawn. How are your classes this term?” Tara winces as Buffy asks, “you are taking classes aren’t you?” Dawn shakes her head. Buffy gets the mad mom face, “Why not?!” Tara reaches over and places a quieting hand on Buffy’s arm. “We thought it best of Dawn were to take a semester off, Buffy. Clear her head.”

Buffy scoffs, “Well, who died and made you guardian of her?” Willow calmly tells Buffy, “Dawn doesn’t have a guardian anymore, Buff. She’s 20 years old.” Buffy protests, “Mom wouldn’t want her to drop out!” Tara argues, “She’s not dropping out! It’s just a break. The temporary kind.”

Dawn stands up abruptly, “SHE is sitting right here. SHE is not a kid. SHE can speak for HERSELF!” Everyone stares at Dawn, including Jenny, who jumps at the loud yelling. Dawn lowers her voice and tells Buffy, “Enrollment was a month ago, if you really cared about college you would have asked then.

Buffy starts to protest but Dawn cuts her off, “I don’t want to hear it Buffy.” Buffy says, “Well, too bad! You’re gonna hear it.” Dawn shakes her head, “Unlike you, I have better things to do today. I’m running late as it is.”

Willow cuts in, “And you do have better things to do Buffy. You are supposed to pick up the latest shipment of Potentials at the airport in two hours.” Buffy groans, “More? Isn’t four enough?” Giles has no more room in his apartment, that means some will stay here.”

No one notices Dawn leave the room.

“Why do we have to have them again?” Willow sighs at Buffy’s question and responds, “The Council thinks that it is necessary because we lost Anna…” She trails off, realizing what she had just said. Tara exhales sharply, her mind bending around that once again.

Willow continues lamely, “And ‘cause you’ll train them better.” Buffy rolls her eyes, “Yeah. In the mean time I get to babysit a bunch of whiney 16 year olds that wouldn’t know the pointy end of the stake if they sat on it and save the world should apocalypse come.”

*RING RING* *RING RING*

Buffy moves to the kitchen and answers the phone. She listens for a second and replies, “This is Miss Summers… No, I did not have an appointment with Shellie today... Oh, Dawn. This is her sister. I will be sure to tell her that her appointment has been moved up fifteen minutes... All right.”

Willow crooks an eyebrow, “Who was that?” Buffy shrugs, “Shellie’s office. Dawn has an appointment there today.” Willow looks at Tara and asks, “Did you know?”

Tara shakes her head, “No clue.” Then Dawn reappears in the room. “Dawnie, your appointment has been moved up 15 minutes,” Buffy tells her. Dawn nods, “Thank you.” After a second, “Do you want someone to take you,” Willow offers.

Dawn quickly shakes her head, “NO!” Tara smiles gently, “Willow was just offering, Dawn. Let’s not get excited.” Dawn imediately becomes calm, “Sorry, Wil. I’m just going to go on my own.” She pauses. “Then, do you think I could take Jenny to the park?”

Tara smiles, “I think she’ll like that.” Dawn finds a grin coming to her face as she wraps herself deeper in her sweater/jacket. She nods and turns to leave. Tara tells Willow, “Clean Jenny up; I’ll be right back.” She follows Dawn out to the car.

“Hey,” Dawn whispers, climbing into the front seat of what used to be Anna’s old jeep. She runs her hands over the steering wheel while she looks up at a picture of her and Anna standing at the park, laughing and having a good time.

Tara leans against the car door and smiles, “Thanks for watching Jenny last night.” Dawn shrugs, “No problem, Tare. I love her, you know that.” Tara nods, “I know. It’s kind of obvious, Dawnie.” She pauses before she says, “When you take Jenny to the park, if you want me to come so we can talk. I will.”

Dawn nods, “I’ll think about it.” But her insides are screaming for her to accept the offer right then. Tara nods, “See you later?” Dawn sighs, “I should be home in an hour.” Tara winks and walks off, feeling a sense of foreboding.

“What kind of SICK, DEMENTED person would bring that… that… that THING into a doctor’s office?!”

“What satisfaction do you have from tormenting expecting mothers with that FLUFFY, PINK, LONG EARED, DEMONIC plush animal?!”

Dawn can hear Anya screaming from outside the office. She is almost too afraid to walk into the office, but hears a voice saying, “Miss Harris, if you do not keep your voice down we will have to ask you to leave and to not return.”

Dawn rolls her eyes as she finds herself wanting to help the ex-demon out. She quickly walks into the room, rushing over to Anya saying, “Where’s the bunny?” Anya point to a woman sitting in the corner, her bag clutched to her chest, her eyes wide with fear.

Dawn soothes Anya by saying, “I’ll make the bunny go away. Close you eyes until I tell you to open them.” Anya complies and Dawn walks over to the woman and whispers, “I am so sorry about that. She has an abnormal phobia to rabbits. We’re getting her professional help, but it doesn’t seem to be working. Could I ask you to hide that stuffed animal until the crazy lady is gone?”

The woman quickly nods and stuffs it away in her bag. Dawn tells Anya, “It’s safe. It’s gone.” Anya opens her eyes and hugs Dawn tightly, “Oh, you dear sweet girl. You saved me!” Dawn frowns, she doesn’t like to be touched.

At least here lately she hasn’t wanted anyone to touch here. Not since Anna’s… Disappearance, anyway. Then Anya pulls back, “What are you doing here? Xander promised he would be the one to pick me up.” Dawn frowns, “I have an appointment with Shellie.”

Anya smiles brightly, “Good. Xander promised.” Just then the man in question walks through the doors. “Hey,” he says as he kisses Anya’s cheek, “Ready to go?” She nods and turns to leave.

Xander realizes that Dawn is there and says, “Heya Dawnmiester. What are you doing here?” Dawn once again tells someone that she has an appointment. Xander frowns, “But… Shellie is sort of… A pregnancy doctor.”

He frowns, “At least, that’s why Anya is here.” Dawn doesn’t say anything. Xander hold up his hands, “You know what? I don’t want to know. It’s safer to be unknowing Xander, he doesn’t get beaten nearly as much.” Dawn nods and starts to say something but a voice calling her name distracts her.

“Dawn Summers? Shellie will see you now.”

The brunette gulps, “Here goes nothin’.”

******To Be Continued*******

Jessica

Adia I'm empty since you left me...

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 12:31 pm 
Here is chapter 2 - just a tid bit different from the old chapter 2... But after this it will go completely different.:geek

Chapter 2 'Potentially'

Tara blows a strand of hair out of her face as she changes Jenny’s diaper. She wrinkles her nose at the sight of tiny gold nuggets thinking, ‘I’ll be glad when she’s potty trained.’ Jenny has just discovered her toes and feet, so she constantly tries to grab at them, making the changes of the diaper very difficult.

Tara finally gets it changed and puts Jenny into a cute fall outfit of a white onesy with leaves on it and tiny blue jean shorts. She glances at the clock and makes a face thinking, ‘Dawn should have been home twenty minutes ago, what could have happened?’

She sighs heavily and walks down the stairs with her darling daughter. She spies Willow in the living room and takes Jenny to her saying, “Here’s Mommy.” Willow smiles and happily takes Jenny from Tara, waving the girl in the air and saying, “SUPERBABY!”

Tara smiles and tells Willow, “I’m going to make a phone call.” Willow nods, completely lost in her baby. Tara stares at her wife and daughter for a moment longer before going to the kitchen. Willow rubs her nose against Jenny’s and whispers, “Hey baby girl, how’s about me and you find some cartoons to watch?”

Jenny’s eyes are bright and she makes a happy noise that Willow takes as a yes. Willow bounces Jenny on her knee as they watch Spongebob. Tara walks back in with a frown on her face, but it goes away when she sees Jenny playing with a strand of Willow’s hair, trying to at least, and Willow watching TV, oblivious.

Tara joins her family on the couch, suddenly happy to just be there.

“How did this happen, Dawn,” Shellie asks the brunette. Dawn opens her mouth, but shuts it again. She shrugs, unsure of the answer, more unsure of her voice.

Shellie sighs, “You know I love you like my own family, Dawn. You, Tara, Willow, Buffy, and even Faith now. Was it because Anna left you? Did you go out and do something stupid, Dawn?”

Dawn’s eyes flash angrily as she says, a little louder than she should, “Anna didn’t LEAVE me. She was TAKEN from me.” Shellie nods, “I’m sorry, Dawn. No one told me what happened. She just wasn’t here anymore and you were sad. I assumed you two had parted.”

Dawn says softly, “She’s coming back.”

Shellie quietly asks Dawn, “And what is she going to say when you tell her?” Dawn looks up at Shellie with big tears in her eyes, sad to realize she doesn’t know the answer.

The front door closes quietly behind her. She has forgotten that she wanted to take Jenny to the park, she just wants to go upstairs and go to bed now. ‘Sleep makes it all go away,’ she thinks.

Then, Tara sees her. Plans aborted. ‘Damn.’

Already Dawn can tell that Tara has a mission in mind. And Dawn is pretty sure the mission is her. ‘Why today?’ She acts like she doesn’t see Tara and makes a beeline for her bedroom. She crawls under the covers and plans on staying there for a few days, sleeping and thinking.

Sadly, those plans are also aborted. Someone climbs into the bed beside her. Dawn gives in and opens her eyes. Tara smiles gently, “Dawnie, come with me? We’ll go away for a while where no one will know where we are.”

Dawn shakes her head. “Why not?” Dawn doesn’t say anything, she doesn’t trust her voice. Tara sighs, “Dawn, it’s me.” Dawn nods. Tara groans, “I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO DO!”

Dawn is shocked at Tara’s loud outburst. She offers the only thing that comes to her mind, brutally honest “Neither do I.” Tara’s face softens, ”I’m sorry Dawn.” Dawn shrugs and Tara takes her hand, “Please?” Dawn gives in, “Okay.”

Tara smiles, “Beach?” Dawn nods, “Sounds good.” Tara says to her, “I’m going to tell Willow what is going on. Pack a suitcase… Just in case.”

She leaves Dawn alone in the bed, and Dawn just closes her eyes. Tears that have been held in since visiting Shellie threaten to spill over. “I can’t do this alone,” she whispers. “O, Goddess… Bring her back.”

“But- you just can’t pick and leave, Tara,” Willow sputters as her wife tells her that she and dawn are taking a trip. Tara kisses Willow’s nose, “I love you, Willow. I’ll be home either tonight or in the morning.”

Willow shakes her head, “No, you can’t just do that! I’m your wife and deserve some kind of explanation.” Tara nods, “You’re right. It’s only fair.” Tara sighs, “Dawn is in dire need to talk to someone, but she won’t do it. I believe that this trip will get some things out in the open.”

Willow asks, “Why is this so important?” Tara sighs, “I’m worried about her, Wil.” Willow nods, “Me, too. But she’s grieving, baby. You won’t be able to stop that. We don’t know if Anna… passed or not, but it’s like she did. Dawnie is going to mourn her, it’s only natural.”

Tara looks away and whispers, “I’m worried that Dawn will go too far.” Willow raises her eyebrow quizzically, “What do you mean?” Tara sighs softly, “She’s always been dramatic. Setting her diaries on fire, hysterical screamings…”

Willow asks, “You think she would hurt herself?” Tara shakes her head, “I never said that, Wil. Don’t put words into my mouth.” Willow hold up her hand, “Backing away slowly… No more words in my wife’s mouth, check. I’m sorry, Tare. Go out with Dawn, just promise me you’ll be careful.”

Tara smiles, “Safe as houses.”

“Okay guys, time for the tour,” Buffy says as she leads four girls into her house. She points to her left and they walk into the living room and says, “This is the den. That is Willow, and the adorable cuteness she is holding is Jenny.” Buffy walks over and picks Jenny up and starts cooing at her. “Your Aunt Buffy loves you, yes she does.”

Willow stands up, and takes over the tour, “Hey guys, welcome to our home.” The girls smile nervously, at least three of them do. One smiles confidently and says, “Annie.” Willow raises her eyebrows and says, “Oakly was good with guns.” The dark girl smiles, “I’m Annie.”

Willow understands but still decides to pick on her, “Funny, you don’t look like a sharpshooter.” The other three girls snicker and Willow asks them, “You are?” A black girl with dreadlocks steps forward, “Rona.” She jerks her thumb toward the other two and say, “Molly and Vi.”

Willow smiles, “Let me show you to your rooms.” Casting one last glance at Buffy she leads the four girls downstairs to the basement and says, “We didn’t have much time to prepare, but you all have clean sheets and a mattress.” Rona clears her throat, “But there’s only three mattresses.”

Willow rolls her eyes, “Sorry, I forgot. One of you will have to bunk with either Buffy or Dawn.” Rona says, “I vote Annie.” Molly announces in her thickly British accent, “I second that.” Annie shrugs, “Go for it. I’ll stay with… Not Buffy because she’s weird.”

Willow shrugs, “She can be. I’ll show you to Dawn’s room.”

“What is it, Dawn.” Tara asks as she drives down the interstate, heading west. Dawn brings herself to look away from the window and shrugs. Tara clears her throat, “Dawn, it’s me. Glenda here. I love you so much, I’ve always been there for you. Why can’t you tell me?”

Dawn sighs, “It’s… It’s complicated, Tara. You wouldn’t understand.” Tara tells Dawn, “Try me.” Dawn quickly snaps out, “You’ve never not known if Willow was okay. You’ve never had to wonder if Willow was dead. You. Wouldn’t. Under. Stand.”

Tara keeps her eyes on the road and drives. She doesn’t say anything to Dawn until an hour later when they make it to the beach. “If you feel like it, come sit with me in the sand.”

She leaves Dawn in the car, hoping that the girl will come, worried that she won’t. Ten minutes later, Dawn plops down on the sand next to Tara. Tara smiles softly. A few minutes later Dawn begins to cry and Tara pulls Dawn into her. For the first time in a while Dawn allows someone to comfort her.

Tara runs her fingers through Dawn’s hair and whispers, “It’s going to be okay, Dawnie.” Dawn’s sobs grow louder as she shakes her head. Tara let’s the poor girl get it all out. After a while, the tears have stopped and her breathing returns to normal.

Tara lifts Dawn’s face so she can see her eyes and she asks, “Dawn, are you okay?” Dawn shakes her head, “No, Tara. I’m really not.” Tara nods, “I figured as much. No matter what it is, Dawn. We’ll get through this together.” Dawn sighs and lays her head on Tara’s shoulder.

“I don’t know what to do, Tare.” Tara sighs, “Me neither, Dawn… But at least you know what the problem is.” Dawn looks up at Tara, making up her mind to tell her. Dawn exhales slowly and the takes a deep breath.

“I’m pregnant.”

Tara stares at Dawn for a second. “What am I supposed to say here Dawn?” When Dawn doesn’t reply, “How?” Dawn laughs bitterly, “I sure wish I knew that answer, Tara.” Tara quietly asks, “Was there-.” Dawn cuts her off, “No. No one but Anna.”

Tara tries again, “Are you sure?” Dawn sighs angrily, “Um, let me think. I could be forgetting someone here.” She looks at Tara, “Yeah, I’m sure.” Tara hugs Dawn tightly, “What do you want to do?”

Dawn sighs, “I don’t know.” Tara nods, “I know it’s a lot to think about. We have a few options to consider.” Dawn looks up at Tara with questioning eyes and Tara says, “You can keep her… And we’ll all help raise her. Or you could give her up for adoption and that might not be a bad id-.”

Once again Dawn cuts her off, “NO! I will not do that, Tara. I won’t giver her up and I will NEVER think about what you were about to suggest.” Tara sighs softly, “Thank the goddess.” Dawn asks, “Why?” Tara smiles, “I was worried you wouldn’t want Anna’s baby.”

Dawn’s heart melts, “You think it’s Anna’s baby?” Tara asks her, “Don’t you?” Dawn just smiles and they stare out into the ocean.

“How long have you known?” Dawn shrugs, “I knew for sure today.” She pauses, “No, I knew way before today. I knew a week after Anna…. I knew then.” Tara sighs, “That’s a long time to hold something inside of you.” Dawn just nods.

“Things work out they way they are supposed to Dawn. If she’s meant to come home, she will.” Dawn’s eyes fill up with tears as she whispers, “I know.”

“Where’d Tara and Dawn go,” Buffy asks as she supervises her potentials stretching in the backyard. Willow frowns, not sure if she should say anything to Buffy. “Hmm, you’ve got, ‘I know but I can’t tell you’ face.” Willow nods, “They’ll be home soon.”

“When is soon?” Willow shrugs, “Either today or tomorrow.” Just the Faith walks into the kitchen, “Hey.” Willow smiles smally, growing used to Faith being there but not really liking the fact that she’s around all the time now.

Buffy grins happily, “Hey!” Faith smiles and walks forward. Buffy spazes some and Faith changes courses and takes Jenny from Willow saying, “How’s my favorite baby girl?” Willow frowns but doesn’t argue, she knows that everyone loves her daughter and would never do anything to hurt her.

Buffy sighs, “Time to see what the newbies have.” Faith grins, “I live for this.” Buffy rolls her eyes, “You wanna handle ‘em, then?” Faith shakes her head, “Nah, you gotta be there for the whole, ‘Good Cop/Bad cop’ thing to work.”

Willow snorts as she giggles, “Except it’s ‘Good Slayer/ Bad Slayer’ instead.”

Faith laughs a little and hands Jenny back to Willow, “All right red. We’ll go train ‘em.” Buffy grumbles as they walk out the door, “New girls come and I hafta babysit ‘em. MAN!” Willow grins and she walks outside with Jenny to watch.

“Aw, that is the cutest baby,” Vi whispers to Molly. Molly nods her agreement, “I know – you just want to pinch her cheeks, eh?”

Buffy announces, “This is Faith. Slayer 2 – treat her with as much respect as you give me or she’ll make you pay. Any questions?”

Annie raises her hand, “Who’s the blonde girl whose pictures are all over the house? Especially in my room?” Buffy answers, “A close friend of the family, she’s MIA at the moment and quite frankly none of your business.” Annie frowns and says, “Sorry, I was just asking because she was really pretty.”

Buffy softens some but Faith answers Annie for her, “That’s Anna. The girl you guys are being trained to replace. The reason she’s all over Little Bit’s room is ‘cause her and Dawn were together. That’s all you need to know.”

Buffy clears her throat, “All right kids, time to see what you got.” She pairs them up, Vi and Molly, Annie and Rona. “Fight.” No body moves. Faith walks over, “What the hell do you call that? Not fighting I hope. You’re going to get yourself killed in you really fight like that.”

“Try this again. Fight.” The girls move and start to hit each other. Willow rolls her eyes, “They suck.” She goes back inside and Buffy lets out a low whistle, “I’ve got my work cut out for me.” She watches the girls fight with each other with sloppy moves and poor execution. After nearly three hours she starts to work with them individually. She takes Rona and Vi while Faith has Molly and Annie.

Then Annie executes a kick to Faith’s midsection, sending the girl to her knees in surprise. “Took kick boxing for six years. I’m bored, can I go inside?” Faith shrugs, “You send me to my knees you get the day off. Head back.”

Annie walks through the kitchen door and sees a blonde standing there washing the dishes, she grins and introduces herself thinking, ‘Man she’s hot.’ “I’m Annie.” Tara smiles warmly, “I’m Tara, but you can call me Mom, everyone else here does. I’m Willow’s wife.”

Annie mentally sighs but says, “That’s awesome.” She starts to turn away but hears a soft voice say, “Glenda? I’m going up to bed, will you call me for dinner? For the meeting after dinner, I mean.” Tara smiles, “Sure thing, Dawnie. Get some rest?”

Annie’s face lights up, knowing that this must be her roommate, Dawn. She turns around and sees a cute brunette that looks so sad and down on herself. Annie thinks, ‘I’ll just have to see if I can cheer her up.’ Dawn smiles softly and says, “Hi, I didn’t see you there. I’m Dawn.”

Annie grins, “Annie. Your new roomie.” Dawn’s face twitches as she nods, “I um, saw your things.” Annie tells her, “I’ll walk you up so I can figure out what side of the bed you sleep on and stuff like that. I have to warn you, I’m a snuggler at night.” Dawn nods, oblivious to the flirting. All she can think is, ‘Why does her name have to sound so close to Anna’s?’

*****To Be Continued****

Jessica

Post subject: Re: Update
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:44 pm 
Totally figgin cool..

:D

-reds:willow

Tara in a wet shirt, Tara in a wet shirt. Tara in. A. Wet. Shirt. “Of course.”-Willow From Remember to Breath By Yellow Crayon

Now that just sucks- me

Post subject: Finally an Update!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 5:24 pm 
Hola all! I've been away from this section for quite some time, and for that i apologize. Things have been haywire and absolutely crazy. Anyway - here is some more to add to this story.

Chapter 3

“So, what kinds of things do you like to do?” Annie asks Dawn, smiling in the dark. Dawn sighs loudly, “Um, nothing at all.” She just wants to get some sleep, something no one seems to want her to do. Annie laughs, “What do you mean, nothing?! Everyone has to like something.”

Dawn rolls her eyes, a calming annoyance creeping into her veins. “I like to sleep.” Annie laughs, “Okay, I’ll let you get some shut eye. But, I’m spending my entire day tomorrow getting to know you better. I mean, you’ve got me so enthralled I can’t stand it!”

Dawn sighs softly as she tells the girl “You really shouldn’t be so fascinated with me.” Annie smiles to herself, ‘This is almost too easy.’ She quickly tells Dawn, “Why not? You’re a beautiful girl, and I’d like to know you better.”

Dawn closes her eyes, “I’ll make you a deal. If you let me get some sleep, I’ll tell you all about me tomorrow.” Annie smiled, “Promise?” Dawn nodded in the dark, “I promise.” Annie was a good little slayerette and went to sleep.

“What are you telling me,” Buffy asks Tara, her jaw hitting the floor. Tara nods, “Exactly what I’m saying, Buffy.” Buffy can’t believe what she’s hearing, “How?” Tara smiles, “With love?” Buffy shakes her head, “You mean…”

Tara places her hand on Buffy’s arm, “I mean, it’s Anna’s.” Faith sighs, ‘Whoa, that’s heavy.” Tara jerks to the door, “Faith, I didn’t know you were there.” Faith shrugs, “It’s not like I was spying.” Buffy comes to her rescue, “No one said you were.”

“So, the little one’s pregnant?” Tara nods, “That’s what Shellie said.” Buffy groans, “I need to lay down. I mean, it was hard enough with Anna gone…” Tara sighs, “You know, I think this will be for the best.”

Faith raises her eyebrows, “You mean, that it will help Dawn move on a little bit?” Tara shakes her head, “No, I think it will help her heal a little bit.” Buffy looks at Tara, “Heal? How?” Tara smiles gently, “Dawn needs this, more than you could ever know.”

Buffy sighs, “If you say so… Just, I’m worried about it. What if it isn’t what we think it is?” Tara shakes her head, “Shh, don’t think like that Buffy. Your sister needs you to be strong for her and help her through this.”

Buffy nods, “I totally get that, Tara. I’m the Slayer, of course I’ll be strong.” Tara nods, “She was going to tell you, Buffy. I persuaded her to let me. She’s been through enough.” Buffy smiles, “Thanks for looking out for her, Tara.” Tara nods, “She’s my family, too.”

Willow appears in the doorway, “Coming to bed, Tare?” Tara nods, “Right behind you!”

Faith turns to Buffy, “Patrol?” Buffy grins, “Yes please!”

“So, Dawnie’s got a bun in her oven,” Faith yells across the graveyard in between kicking and getting kicked. Buffy pummels her vamp and yells back, “That’s what they tell me!” Faith grunts, “You think it’s evil?”

Buffy stakes her vamp and whispers, “I don’t know…” Faith finishes her vamp off and comes up beside Buffy, “Tara would know.” Buffy shrugs, “Maybe.” Faith shakes her head, “No, she would. You know it, and I know it. You’re just scared to admit you want it to be Anna’s. I mean, you’re all hell-fire trying to pretend you don’t miss her. I know you, B.”

Buffy looks at Faith, tears in her eyes, “I just want my sister to be safe and happy.” Faith shows compassion, wrapping Buffy in her arms, “She will be. Anna’s coming home.” Buffy’s eyes brighten, “You know this-.” Faith cuts her off, “I feel it, okay? Like some stupid premonition or somethin’.”

Buffy nods, “Well, we’ve got company.” Faith grumbles, “Story of our lives. When are we gonna tell everyone?” Buffy shrugs, “When it’s a good time.” Faith rolls her eyes, “Never?” Buffy quickly goes to work on the approaching demons, “Maybe.” Faith grins, “Well, then… When do I get to take you home?”

“If you play your cards right, tonight!” Buffy laughs as she sees Faith step up the notch on the vamps. “What kind of cards we playin, B?” Buffy laughs, “Five card, STUD!”

Faith grins, “You know… I kill at that game…”

“So, Beautiful,” Annie asks as they sit down for breakfast, “Tell me all about you. Why are you living here in this house of Slayers? Or Slayers in training, that is..”

Dawn smiles a real smile for the first time in a while, “Um, Buffy’s my sister This house is half mine.” Annie nods, “Boss’s sister, eh? I better treat you right, or she’ll have my head?” Dawn shrugs, “She might.” As soon as the words are out of her mouth she can feel the corners of her mouth tug up into a grin.

Just then, Molly walks into the kitchen, “Don’t you Americans believe in sleep? Some of us down the way are tired!” Her eyes open and she grins wickedly, “Oy, did I interrupt something?” Annie takes a Cheerio and chunks it at her, “Go back to bed you lazy bum!” Dawn blushes as Molly laughs and turns on her heels.

“So,” Annie asks after Molly is gone, “Did she interrupt something?” Dawn raises her eyebrows, “Two new roommates having breakfast.” Annie grins, “How about we turn this into two friends abandoning the kitchen in search for a diner with real food?”

Dawn jumps up, “Done deal, roomie! I’m beyond famished.” Annie smiles, “You know where to go?” Dawn laughs, “You don’t live in Sunnydale for a few years without knowing where to go.” Dawn grabs Anna’s jacket from the coat rack and tells Annie, “Pajamas are always welcome where we are going.”

Annie shrugs, “Sounds good to me.” She joins Dawn outside to meet Buffy just walking in the door. “Late night,” Dawn teases, seeing the familiar hickey on her neck that will be gone by the time Buffy showers. Buffy grunts, “Early morning?” Dawn laughs, “We’re going for breakfast, want something?”

Buffy shakes her head, “I’m good.” She disappears into the house and Dawn says, “She’ll want something when she gets up.” Annie shrugs, “Maybe.” Dawn nods, “Oh, she will. She’s been out with Faith all night… Patrolling.”

Annie smirks, “Patrolling?” Dawn laughs, “Yeah. It’s what all the kids are calling it these days.” Dawn walks over to Anna’s jeep and starts to unlock it, before she freezes. “You all right, Dawn,” Annie asks, stepping up behind her.

Dawn’s gaze is held to the front window, which houses a single white rose. Annie smiled, “Someone left you a flower.” Dawn picked it up and looked at the card, reading silently, “No matter what, baby girl. I am coming home to you and I am going to marry you.”

She dropped the rose and card, running back to the house, tears streaming freely. Annie stared after her open-mouthed thinking, “Okay, don’t buy her a flower!”

*******TBC*******

Post subject: Finally an Update!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 5:56 am 
Welcome back! I have miss this story so much!!

I :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow :bow for they o great writer. I loved the update I really can't wait to read more.

Henny

Post subject: Chapter 4
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:12 pm 
“WHO DID IT,” Dawn shrieks mercilessly. “I WANT ANSWERS!” She is trembling all over and her face is contorted in agony. Tara appears at the stairs, and says in her best mother voice “Dawnie? What are you making all this noise about?”

She sees the sheer panic in Dawn’s face and her emotions soften. “Oh Goddess! What’s wrong, baby girl?” Dawn chunks the car keys up at her, “WHO?” Tara ducks the projectile keys and bewildered runs down the stairs, “Attacking me won’t help! Now, you calm down and tell me what is going on.”

Dawn’s body quivers in fury and grief. “Who. Did. It?” She speaks through clenched teeth, her nails digging into the palm of her hand. Tara places a reassuring hand on Dawn’s shoulder, releasing some calming feelings, hoping they took to the girl’s system.

Tara feels Dawn relax a little, her hands releasing their death grip. Once enough had been pumped Tara asks, “Who did what?” Dawn sinks to her knees right there in front of the stairs. “Oh, Tara…” Tara bends down, “Shh, it’ll be all right baby girl. Just tell me.”

Annie comes walking in, the flower and card in her hand. “Um, I thought she might still want this… Even though it doesn’t seem like she does.” She hands the stuff to Tara and says, “I’ll go away now.”

Tara reads the card and gasps loudly, “Dawn? Is this…” Her voice trails off. “You thought someone here did this?” Dawn nods and whispers painfully, “It can’t be her!” Tara sits down on the first stair looking Dawn in the eyes, “Why not?”

Dawn is at a loss for words. All she can do is cry. “I’ll ask everyone, Dawn. You just go back upstairs and try to sleep for me, okay?” Tara helps Dawn to her feet, “You need all the rest you can get. Soon you’ll be up all night with aches and pains.” Dawn wordlessly nods, following Tara’s instructions.

“I don’t know what to say, Blondie,” Faith tells her angrily. Tara holds up her hands, “I’m not accusing you, Faith. I told Dawn I’d ask everyone. Last time I checked, you fit the criteria of everyone.”

Faith grunts, “Seems like it.” After a pause, “I wouldn’t do that.” Tara smiles, “I know. None of us would, I mean… not to hurt her. If I had thought about it, I would have done it if it would give her hope.” Faith takes that in, thinking. “Yeah, but it wouldn’t give her hope for long. When Anna didn’t come home, it would just make it worse.”

Tara smiles sadly, “Yeah, I know. Can I ask you a question?” Faith shrugs, “Shoot.” Tara takes a breath and says, “Why do you call Anna by her name, but no one else?” Faith laughs, “That kid earned my respect the night she… Disappeared. She fought longer and harder than anyone could have ever dreamed of, and never once gave up. She’s the strongest person I know.”

Tara smiles at her and stands up. “Thanks for talking with me, Faith.” Faith grunts, “Anytime, Blondie.”

She watches Tara leave, thinking about the events of recent months. “It’s hard to believe all that has happened, isn’t it, B?” Buffy steps out of the shadows, “How did you know?”

Faith laughs, “Come on! I’d know your smell from anywhere.” She smiles as Buffy sits down. She is about to open her mouth and say something when she hears a familiar sound coming from the upstairs bedroom. “Jeez, those two ever give it a rest?”

Buffy shakes her head, “Not since Tara returned to normal. I mean, I’m hoping one of them gets pregnant again so we’ll have a break from the musical moaning duet of sexcapades!”

Faith smiles, “You know… We could make this a choir of musical sexcapades, instead.”

Buffy laughs, “Why Faith! You know, that idea does seem rather appealing.” She gives the dark girl a come and get me grin, before taking off. Faith growls playfully as she says, “Playing hard to get? I’ll get you, Buffy!”

“Oy,” Molly groans loudly, “I’m bored off my rocker.” Rona lifts her head off the pillow, “Tell me about it, Brit. But what are you going to do about it. If we go upstairs we’ll be pounded by moans of the lesbian love. I mean, is it this house? If it is, I’m definitely leaving.”

Vi’s eyes widen, “This house? What do you mean?” Molly laughs, “She’s just pulling your chain, Vi! There is nothing about a house that decides sexual orientation. It’s about what you like better. Just ask Annie.”

Annie narrows her eyes at them, looking away from the basement window. “What do you guys want?” Molly teases her, “Why do you prefer girls?” Annie shakes her head, “You guys have got to find a better topic.”

Rona smiles wickedly, “Well, how about you tell us why you struck out with Dawn. Buffy’s sister. Molly told us you were trying to be all cozy this morning, but here you are… Hanging with us while she’s all alone up in her bed.”

Annie ignores them but inwardly she wonders the same thing. Rona continues, “Besides, from what I’ve heard about you… Taking advantage of innocent girls while they are sleeping is kind of your M.O.” When those words are finished, Annie is upon her.

A knife appears at Rona’s throat and Annie knocks the black girl to the ground. Annie straddles her and tempts her, “Say it again.” Rona’s eyes are wide with terror. The other girls start to go for help but Annie tells them, “Move and she bleeds.”

Annie leans down and kisses Rona’s forehead softly. “I might not have Slayer strength,” she murmurs just loud enough for Rona to hear. “But I could kill you just the same. Don’t you forget that.” She quickly climbs up off the other girl, returning the knife to its place in her boot.

Rona remains on the ground. Annie blows her a kiss, “Toodles!” She bounds up the stairs, not sparing another look from her fellow Slayers in Training.

“Mmm,” Willow murmurs happily. Tara nods, “Uh-huh.” She snuggles in closer to her wife. “I’m glad we can do that again.” Willow laughs, “Oh yeah!” Tara closes her eyes, “Sleep now?”

Willow grins, “Yeah, sleep now.” She kisses Tara’s forehead and obediently closes her eyes. But neither of them can get to sleep.

“Wil,” Tara asks after a long period of silence. “Yes, baby,” Willow responds, wide-awake. Tara sighs, “Could we try a spell tomorrow night?” Willow nods, “Of course! Why tomorrow night?”

Tara tells her, “It’s the new moon, and I want it to be the strongest it can be.” Realization dawns on Willow, “Oh! We’re doing a beacon spell aren’t we?” Tara nods, “She’s close, and I want to bring her back for Dawn. For us.”

Willow sighs, “I know. She’s part of the family… I, uh, well, I got used to her.” Tara grins, “I know you did.” Willow asks, “What do we need?”

Tara frowns, “Um, just power. It’s a soul type spell, not an ingredient spell. We’ll need Buffy, Faith, all the Potentials we have… Anya, and of course us.”

Willow nods, “I’ll call Giles tomorrow morning.” Tara smiles, “Thanks, Wil. We can’t um, tell Dawn.” Willow asks, “Why?”

Tara snuggles up to her wife, “In case it doesn’t work.”

Willow nods, “Of course. That makes sense.” She kisses Tara, “get some sleep.” Tara nods, her eyelids drooping. “Good night.”

************TBC***********

:geek

Jessica

Post subject: Re: Chapter 4
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:35 am 
I just discovered this fic yesterday and finished reading it today, and I'm sooo hooked! I loved/love Dawn & Anna, they're so cute :D and awww Willow & Tara and the lil baby jennifer awwwww :) and now I'm at the edge of my seat wating to see what happens next, update soon?!?! :bounce I can't believe Anna went MIA :shock :cry is she in another dimension, or dead, or is she really Annie now???? And poor Dawn so sad and grieving :spin and PREGNANT!?! :shock I mean YAY!! but still :eek lol. :sheep Hope Anna comes back to Dawn safe and sound soon. :shy

Keep up the awsome writing :D and the updates! :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

Liv Berit :read

Post subject: Re: New Fic: Savior of Man, Part I
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:02 pm 
Hey there beautiful!

It's me Scarecrow *g*! :bigwave

I only wanted to let you know that I finally found this story. I`m only at chapter five, I haven't got a lot of time in the moment.

But I wanted to let you know that I love it. It's all developing very interesting.

I really like your writing. Anna and Dawn are really cute.

Sooo, I'm of to bed now, I hope I'll find some time tomorrow to read more.

Scary aka Vogelscheuche

(AKA Insanity)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's always sudden", Tara

German Fanfiction

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 4:32 pm 
Okay... I'm not done reading this story, but I have to comment on this one:

Quote:
Tara walks into the kitchen, “Man, we really need to get me an elevator or something. It takes twenty minutes just to get down the stairs.” She sees the scene in front of her and her brow furrows, “Well, I think I’ve missed a lot already.” She doesn’t know what to think about the group in front of her. Anna’s a statue and Angel is bleeding on her. Buffy is sitting on the floor with no shirt on. Dawn is glaring at Faith with such hatred and Faith is so confused it’s not even funny.

This is so funny when you visualize it *rofl*

Ans now ... six lesbians ans a vampire *lol* what a bunch!!!

This update really cracked my up!!

Vogelscheuche

(AKA Insanity)

German Fanfiction

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:38 pm 
Hey beautiful!

I just finished part one... and I don't know, I think I've got something in my eyes.. I'm not crying.. No sir.. must be dust or smoke or something.

This is a really awesome story. It is a sad ending, but it fits!

I'm so sorry for Dawn... BUT we all know the Buffyverse. Another Dimension doesn't mean gone or dead AND Anna is a daughter of the Goddess... she'll find a way... Or Willow and Tara will find one!!

Vogelscheuche

(AKA Insanity)

German Fanfiction

Post subject: Next Chapter!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:28 pm 
Chapter 5

Buffy quirks her eyebrow at Willow. “You sure about this, Wil?” She shakes her head, “I mean, it sounds kind of…” Faith jumps in, “Painful?” Buffy nods, “Okay, not the word I was going for, but yeah. It sounds painful. Sucking our energy to feed the power of the spell to not only locate what dimension Anna is in, but bring her to ours?”

Willow frowns, “It didn’t day anything about pain.” She looks over at her wife, “Was there pain mentioned?” Tara shakes her head, “Nope, not a word.”

Faith laughs, “Of course not! Why would they put in that little book if it was gonna hurt, Red? No one would do the spell then.” Buffy rolls her eyes, “She’s got a point.”

Willow feels herself become impatient. “Look, do you want to try this or not, Buff? If not, you can go out with Dawn and Giles.” She turns away and begins preparing the spell. Buffy’s jaw drops open, “Of course I want to help! This is for Dawn.”

Tara nods, “It is. Everyone has a choice in participating.” The potentials had a choice, but what were they going to say when their new ‘bosses’ asked them to participate in a spell. ‘No, I think I’ll stay out of it.’ They were too scared of what would happen to them if Faith or Buffy got angry with them.

Giles shows up five minutes early and takes an unwilling Dawn out for a movie and some ice cream. Tara insists on Giles taking Jenny with them, not wanting the baby around that strong of magic just yet. Dawn felt like was being punished by Giles taking her away from the comfort and safety of her bedroom. She has no idea that her family is trying a spell that takes energy out of every warm body in radius just to locate and bring back Anna.

Tara draws the shape of a pentagram on the floor with candle wax. She places the white rose in the centre of it and says a small blessing. She goes over the pentagram, repeating the blessing three times. She gathers her strength and creates the heart of the spell. Buffy and Faith have their weapons ready, in case something unnatural comes through the portal they are trying to open.

Willow places the mixture of herbs into the small fire floating in the air just above the pentagram. “Brace yourselves,” she murmurs. She reaches out and grabs hold of Tara’s hand and they speak together. “Find! Bring! Right the wrong, fix the mistake.”

Then it was like something grabbed at their bellybuttons and jerked them forward, off the ground. A blue light flows from them, into the fire at the center, making the fire turn blue. It is not exactly pain, but more of a tickling sensation.

Tara hears the younger girls giggling slightly, mostly nervous giggles. She can feel the power draining from her. She has a lot of it, and when she notices her meter dropping dangerously low she speaks out, “End.”

The girls in the room stumble to the floor, drained of energy, of everything. Faith lifts her head up, groaning. “Holy shit guys.”

Willow takes her wife’s hand and they move towards the fireball. Together they speak:

“We call upon an Ancient power

Find the one we hold so dear,

We call upon an Ancient power

We call upon an Ancient power

Find her now and bring her here.”

The fireball exploded into a million pieces, scattering flames and light throughout the room. “Did it work,” Annie asked, her eyes wide in amazement. Willow and Tara’s eyes turn an inky black as the color drains from them.

“I think it’s in the middle,” Faith tells the other girls softly.

Vi nudges Rona, “All this just to bring one girl home? I’ve seen her picture, and she’s tiny.” Rona shrugs, “Apparently, she’s some bigwig with this family.”

Faith, Buffy, Annie, Rona, Vi, and Molly are engrossed with Willow and Tara’s spell. The energy and the complete passion of it all captivates them.

Willow and Tara are spent and Tara calls out, “HOME!” She falls to her knees and Willow comes with her. Her head falls down to touch the floor and she breathes. Faith looks toward the pentagram on the floor. “Where is she?”

Willow frowns, “Dammit.”

“Jesus Christ,” Dawn yells as someone walked in front of her as she was pushing Jenny’s stroller. She shakes her fist angrily, “I’m walking here!” Giles places a calming hand on her, “Calm down, Dawn. They meant no harm.”

She looks at him, “People need to be more careful.” She crosses the street, knowing Giles will follow. “Where are we heading,” Giles asks her, growing concerned.

Dawn laughs, “Chill, Giles. We’re just going to Gymboree.” Off of Giles’s blank look Dawn explains, “A baby store.” He decided to tease her, “Only in America can you buy babies at a store.” Dawn looks at him, her mouth open, ready to speak.

When she sees his smile she stops. “Jerk,” she says laughing. Giles clears his throat, “Is that anyway to talk to me?” Dawn winks at him, “Of course, Dad.” His pretend indignation falters, “Dawn, you know I consider you my daughter. And not just because of Buffy, but because of Anna. You have been adopted by choice and married into my family.”

Dawn felt a tug at her heart, “Aw, Giles! That is so sweet.” She offers him a smile and continues walking, slowly, allowing the man to walk beside her.

A lot of shopping at the well known baby store follows. Giles walks around with Dawn, unable to comprehend the craze with baby clothes and baby accessories. “This is ridiculous,” he comments to her as he gestures to baby bracelets. The tag reads 4-6 months and he shakes his head, “How is a child of that age able to like those trinkets?”

Dawn frowns, “It’s more of a mother thing. The moms get them to show off their babies.” Giles doesn’t understand and Dawn explains further, “Some people think that having kids is another way to show off what you have or who you are. Jewelry, toys, and silly things like that are a sign of status.”

Just the Jenny starts to cry and Dawn swoops her up from the stroller and into her arms. “No, baby girl, don’t you cry,” she coos softly. Giles starts making faces at her trying to get her to calm down, but it doesn’t work.

Finally Dawn gets her calm by rocking her back and forth and patting her back. An elderly woman smiles over at her, “That is such a beautiful baby.” Dawn smiles and Giles pronounces, “Thank you.”

The woman comments, “I wonder where she got that bright red hair, neither of you seem to have it.” Dawn’s eye grew wide. “Um, ew.” Giles tries to explain, “No, this is my daughter-in-law, and the child is my granddaughter.” Dawn quickly adds, “But she’s my niece.”

The woman laughs slightly, “You don’t have to cover for your romance. I know it is unconventional for two people so far apart in age to be married…” She looks down and sees Giles without a wedding ring and continues, “Or to just have a child, but in this day and age it certainly happens.” She smiles, “Whatever you do in the bedroom is your business, but at least be proud enough to admit it.”

Dawn is positively mortified. She blushes deeply and begins walking out, Giles following behind her. Before he goes, he tells the woman, “You have the manners of an ox, madam.”

“What do you mean, she’s here but she’s not here?” Faith yells at Willow, slamming he fist into the doorframe. Willow looks up from the map, “She’s here, in our plane. She’s just not here at the house.” Buffy throws her hands up in the air, “In our plane? That could mean right down the street, or in PARIS!”

Giles has walked into the room, Dawn trailing behind him with Jenny. “Who is in Paris,” She asks, not noticing the million guilty looks coming from her friends. No one answers her but she doesn’t mind. “I’m going to go change Jenny,” she mumbles as she catches a wiff of baby bottom.

Giles looks around the room, sees the faces and asks, “Not good?” Willow shakes her head, “No, we lost her.” His eyes widen as he waits for an explanation. Tara picks up, “We got her here, but… We don’t know where here is.”

Giles looks at her, “You mean, you brought her from whatever dimension she was in… You mean, she was alive?” Tara nods, “I know she’s here. I know that spell worked. It had to work!”

Giles shakes his head, “Tara, I’m disappointed in you.” He pauses, “We don’t know how much time has passed between her world and ours. She could be considerably older, or it could have been just a few days. Once she realizes that she is indeed back to this reality, what is she going to think? How could you not prepare to find her?”

He sighs, “Tara, she could have been in a hell dimension. What is she’s feral? Did you give any thought to something like that, dear?”

Tara crosses her arms over her chest, “Of course I did, but I’d rather have her here and we need to help readjust her than to not have her here at all.”

Dawn has been standing in the doorway with Jenny. She quietly asks, “You brought her back?” Willow’s heart breaks as she sees the tears form behind Dawn’s eyes. “Yes, we did, Dawnie. And we’re going to find her.”

********************TBC*****************

Jessica

Post subject: Re: Next Chapter!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:29 am 
I am really glad to see that you have decided to add a part 2 to this story. Part 1 ended soooo sadly that it cried out for a second part(sequel?). I started reading this story on extra flamey and after a while, with no updates, I despaired that the story would continue. It was with great joy that while checking pens last night I saw that you had added chapters. I together with your other readers say THANK YOU and will be looking forward to further updates.:applause

Traveler

Post subject: Re: Next Chapter!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 11:24 am 
Thanks SCARY! I'm beyond glad to have a friend reading. And, whoa, you cried? Um, I mean had smoke in your eye? Awesome. To be quite honest, when they (my characters) told me Anna was going to disappear, I cried, too.

Traveler I'm glad you like it! The story is also posted on Extraflamey, still. With a TINY bit of difference. I personally, like the 'Pens' atmosphere better, though. Thank you for reading and an update is semi-soon in coming.

Jessica

Post subject: Re: Savior of Man, Parts I and II
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:09 am 
5. Willowhand

luv the story

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:56 pm 
5. Willowhand

Topics: 5
oh my god I cant believe this is unfinished. ive been up for days reading it!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:26 pm 
8. Vixen

Thanks to cammy for bumping the thread or otherwise I probably wouldn't have found this incredible story. Does anyone know if the author is still around? Please don't leave us hanging without knowing what's up with Anna :pride