The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
 Post subject: Re: FIC: The Edge of Silence
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 4:46 pm 
Okay, I've lurked plenty, but now I have to speak up. I just finished reading this fic, and all I have to say Triscuit is DAMN. Can't wait for more!

Lizard

"I do not know what path in life you will take, but I do know this: If, on that path, you do not find a way to serve, you will never be happy."~Albert Schweitzer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:32 pm 
YES! You're back! Thank you for updating!

I just went back and reread everything to make sure I was still on track and these scenes get us all nicely updated.

Yay! I feel like doing a happy dance!

OH YES ! Please put Willow in The Chair! :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:57 pm 
:thud I was just checking this thread, 'cuz I always do...you know "hope springs eternal" & all that crap....didn't actually expect to find an update. But waddayaknow... It was great Mel, & the cliffhanger was tolerable, 'specially since it makes the next update veeery promising. Thankx muchly! :bigkiss

:brr eyes

"Words are sweet whisperings. Sentences are foreplay. Paragraphs are incarnations of carnal desires and fiction is the grand climax." ~ Sway Slayer

Post subject: wow
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:23 am 
okay...i just started reading this fic a couple of days ago, and i am finally up to speed...and i'm tellin u that it is incredible. the emotion and the passion that you capture...i love jo and dani...and of course willow and tara. who wouldn't? i love how you went in so in depth with your story line. i'm not very good at leaving feedback that makes any kind of sense, or very long. even tho i'd love to write alot...but the fic is incredible you have an awesome talent...

Stacey

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:33 pm 
Loved the update!! Can't wait to see you take on WTWTA. Also I expect that Jo and dani have not seen the end of Sarah. Your characters add alot to the Buffyverse. LOL on the Anya call. And last but sertainly not least looking forward to that chair tyhing. :drool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 3:07 pm 
Hey,

Just finished reading and: God, I love this fic!

You're such a great writer and can't wait for an update.

wilgen.

Ooo, and I like your sig. Makes me smile every time.

Edited by: wilgen at: 5/15/04 2:36 am

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 8:11 pm 
WHEW I finally got caught up on this story and it is soooooo great!!! :clap :clap :clap :clap :applause

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 3:40 pm 
Wow, great story you have here. I've been reading it for weeks. I love your behind the scenes development, and your characters. Jo rox. Update soon?

~Morgan

There's nothing very merry about going round and round. Heart's in your mouth, hands in the air. Head is spinning as you tumble to the ground.

Post subject: Re: The Edge of Silence - Chap 8j: Be My Blanket
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 4:49 pm 
Yay. My favourite fic is back. So nice to catch up with all your characters. And you have the Jar Jar Binks talk spot on - I didn't understand a friggin word.

Quote:
Their voices were an inharmonious duet.

I loved this sentence. Not sure why exactly (don't get me wrong its a perfectly good sentence). It just sounds really cool.

Of course, I'll need to keep my mind occupied for the next few hours so I can stop any thoughts of Xander's penis. Far too much timber in that chapter for my liking.

Must think of something nice .... bunnies ... chairs .... :sheep

"Oh! I know this one: "Slaying entails certain sacrifices... blah blah bity blah. I'm so stuffy, give me a scone."

"It's as if you know me." -- Buffy and Giles

Edited by: MadeinNZ at: 2/18/04 3:50 pm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 1:44 pm 
Ok, hey again,

I (and possibly a lot of we's) want you to update. Will you? Please?

Come on kitties, who's with me?

wilgen.

Edited by: wilgen at: 5/15/04 2:37 am

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 2:04 am 
just caught up with this fic..i must say its AMAZING!! and i have to admit that i wont watch season four the same way ever again in a good way though lol. now im just waiting for an update. please update soon!!

:pinky :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :pinky

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:47 pm 
wilgen

I'm with you! We need updates! *harass harass harass*

:peace Pax! -Bev

Post subject: Great story!!!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 12:47 am 
:bigwave I am really hoping that you will come back and complete this smashin' good story! Three hours of nothing but Xander and orgasms?! Great one. :pray :pray , finish this one...

Post subject: Sorry - not an update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:28 am 
Hey Kittens :kitty :kitty :kitty

I’ve missed writing, I really have. I don’t think I’ve ever gone so long between updates as I have with the last three. It was not my intention, believe me. Before Christmas, stuff just kept getting in the way and I just couldn’t string any time together to write. Then Christmas and working retail…that always slows me down. So back in January I thought great, I’ve updated, I can get back in the swing and update weekly. Ha. :gnome The Tuesday after I posted was really icy and Darcy slipped and fell in the parking lot at work. Broke her ankle, stole my monk … whoops, wrong dialogue. She had both a break and a ligament tear that required surgery, which did its duty (one plate, one pin, five screws – not the good kind). But she’s cast-less now (as of 3/10) and hopefully life will be less of an adventure for the rest of 2004. Most of my after-Christmas/new fiscal year stuff is finished for the store, so hopefully (fingers crossed) I’ll be able to get back on my once a week update schedule soon. Thanks for all your kind thoughts and don't worry. I haven't abandoned this fic.

Puff

Hey Puff. I’m glad to be back and hopefully I AM back rather than just doing a drive-by post. I really enjoy writing a more ‘forward’ Tara. I don’t think I’m taking liberties with her character in doing so. Whenever the Tara we saw cared passionately about something/someone, she became less circumspect. And let’s face it, sexy Tara is fun! I also really like writing Anya. And again, I think I’m being true to her character. While S3 Anya was more-or-less controlled, as the seasons progressed, she became blunter and bolder. It all starts in S4. You just don’t know what she’s going to do or say. Or signal with her hands (Hush comes to mind). It’s not that much of a stretch to have her phone up someone she’s just met to talk about sex, Xander, and sex with Xander. But it wouldn’t be a random stranger. She’d need a connection of some sort and the fact that Jo is peripherally involved with the supernatural is all it took. Poor Jo, but I think she’s deserving of some “stalker” payback. Thanks for reading.

BFR from Paris

Hey Christine – It’s good to be back, and Happy New Year right back at you. :bigwave Thanks.

TemperedCynic

Hey Mike – Yep, there’s lots going on, both in the fic and in my life. Giles and Spike are due to reappear shortly, but I don’t think Joyce figures into it at any point, or at least not in this fic. Happy Happy Kill Kill – that pretty much sums up Sarah’s philosophy on being undead, don’t’cha think? I am playing with her a bit, but whether she’s becoming remotely sympathetic as a character is going to be a personal call for the reader. I like her, but then I pretty much have to – so far I haven’t had to write anyone whom I haven’t liked at least a little bit. Thanks again.

wimpy0729

Hey Wimpy – Thanks for the condolences; we think Macbeth is still missing her quite a bit. They were good buddies. He did love having Darcy home the first few weeks her ankle was broken. I’m glad still enjoying the fic and well, I just can’t help being evil. Thanks.

xita

Hey lovely Mod lady – Lots and lots going on, you’re right. Willow and Tara are incredibly sweet; it’s why we love them so. Thanks for reading.

numbered words

Hey Kristyn – I’m glad you liked, even Anya talking about orgasms, and not just any orgasms – her orgasms (with Xander presumably). Poor Jo. Willow does come up with some strange things when she’s just waking up. So yes, fruit bats – but I happen to like them too. That idea comes courtesy of the kid’s book ‘Stellaluna’ and some genetically engineered ‘tulip’ bats from the science fiction novel ‘Mirabile’ by Janet Kagan. Thanks again.

Renee85

Hey Renee – thank you so very much for the comments. And of course there will be more sex scenes coming up.

singgirl

Hey Bev – Now have my cliffhangers ever been really, really nasty? Nah. They’re just a little bit evil in a ‘let’s tease the kittens’ way. :kdevil Thank you for reading.

Shandem

Hey there – Thanks for reading. Hopefully there will be an update in the near future.

tiredsoul

Hey Celia aka Licky – ‘just to refresh my memory’ – hmmmm. Now I wonder what part(s) you re-read, oh Licky, my friend? Actually I don’t have to wonder much…. But I’m not mean! I’m just building suspense, that’s all. Thanks again, sweetie.

salandar3

Hey Wendy – That was a fantastic first post. I’m glad that you’re enjoying the fic. Thanks.

willove1

Hey there – Hopefully if everything goes according to plan you won’t be missing this fic much longer. No promises, but I’m taking the advice of one of my favorite authors and I’m going to try to write on a daily basis again. Now, this chair that everyone’s soooo interested in? I’m thinking that yes, there will be a chair in the future. Thanks for reading.

crazyredlizard

Hey Liz – I’m glad my fic got you out of lurkerdom; I know I’ve seen you around the board since you posted here. Thanks for the comments.

FunGirl

Hey – Yep, I’m back, sort of. Hopefully, now the back will be on a regular basis. Thank you for sticking with this.

EyesLie

Hey there – Hope does spring eternal and since it’s almost spring, I have crocuses springing up in my yard. Now if only an update would spring up too. There is one in the works and hopefully it won’t take much longer to get it posted. Thanks.

Aine

Hey Stacey – Your feedback is great, never fear. I’ve enjoyed writing Edge, and it’s great that Kittens are enjoying reading it. I never thought of myself as a “romantic” writer, but apparently I am. The depth – well, I needed to do that. We got so little of it on the show, and I just felt that it was there to be explored. Thanks for reading.

sam7777

Hey there – WTWTA should be fun. There’s a lot there to explore and “fix”, but there’ll be more on that as it happens. I can’t remember, but I think I’ve said this before: the chair was my absolute favorite sex scene to write. Truly it was. Thanks.

wilgen

Hey – I’m glad you’re having fun reading “Edge”. As I’ve said, it is a whole lot of fun to write and I’m back to writing so I’ll update when I have something. Thanks.

Imjustme

Hey there – I hope you got caught up in manageable chunks. Reading the whole thing in a few days could be hazardous. Maybe I should put that in my disclaimers? I am very glad you’ve enjoyed it.

Morganlafay88

Hey Morgan – Thanks for the great comments. If you ever look at the shooting scripts, you can’t help but notice how sparse everything is. All that’s there is some dialogue and some stage directions; there’s nothing about character or personality, nothing about motive. The actors, Aly and Amber especially, brought the characters to life. In my fic, I don’t have them I have the characters that they presented. It’s up to me to figure out motive just like the actors did. That means I have had to think about what was happening “off camera” that was getting them to where we knew the story. And yes, I plan to update soon.

MadeinNZ

Hey Nicky – It’s good to see you back too. Here’s a little secret: I hate JarJar Binks. Can’t stand him. But it just seemed so apropos to have Sarah spout off like him. And I’m sort of sorry about Xander’s penis :sheep but realistically, what else was Anya likely to talk about for three hours? Thanks for reading.

Quirky Canadian

Hey – I’m glad you’re enjoying this little fic of mine. BTVS (by its title) was necessarily focused on the Slayer, but it was the ensemble characters that the fans really fell for. Season 4 happens to be the one I like the most, but there’s a lot in it that can be “fixed”, lots of places where the logic of the storyline has real problems. Hopefully, my logic isn’t troll logic and is making more sense. Thanks again.

WillowTara Addict

Hey there – I think Anya is a great character and she’s certainly fun to write. But her reactions on BTVS in the 3 episode arc that Edge covers aren’t completely explained. She seems to know more than she’s saying, especially in New Moon Rising and I worked back from there. Remember her argument/fight with Xander in WTWTA? I’ve wondered what exactly happened that caused that? Plus, you have to admit that Jo is a perfect foil for her. I’ll be back with answers, never fear. Thanks for reading.

Do something totally irrational and let the enemy think himself to death. (Pyanfar Chanur)

Post subject: Re: Sorry - not an update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 8:44 am 
Wow, I thought there was an update to my favorite story (and I'm sorry i haven't told you that before)..but then I saw your heading "Sorry - not an update" ... oh well. I can be patient :eyebrow - unlike Willow who's probably going crazy waiting for the chair ;)

--------------------------

Tinna Karen

-tölvunörd í fyrsta ættlið

Post subject: Re: Sorry - not an update
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2004 10:32 pm 
I got so excited when I saw this fic pop to the top of the board only to be disappointed by those dang-blasted real life delays.

I found this story a few weeks ago and it has quickly become one of my favorites. I always enjoy W/T goodness but the way I look at it the mark of a good writer is when I get just as invested in original characters such as Jo and Dani as I do in the BTVS originals.

Hopefully all your 1 (er, I mean 2) & 4 footed family is feeling better so you'll have a chance to take a breather and get the creative juices going again. :pray :pray :pray

Thanks for a great story.

Mic

Post subject: Hey
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2004 3:25 am 
I just catch up this fic like three days ago, and I couldn't be able to do anything but read it everyday at work, in fact I think I haven't done anything apart for that. SO you're completely guilty of my lack of doing nothing but being totally concerned abut the fict, apart for my 24 7 h***y state. I'm starting to really worry, this can't be good for my health.

The story is really good, there's a really interesting plotline, a lot of love, and lots of caressing (but wild, too) sex. (In fact, I got very interesting ideas from that last part)

I hope that Darcy is doing better, take care of her

Post subject: When?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:17 pm 
Yippy,

Very happy indeed, but when is soon? :hmm

wilgen.

Edited by: wilgen at: 5/15/04 2:36 am

Post subject: Re: When?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:54 am 
hey there

i just wanted to say i've read all of this fic in the last 3 days, and i'm really enjoying this!

i really don't like the Oz thing Willow still feels tho, but hey, that's part of the story

keep on the good writing!

jen:fallen

There is such a variety of well-invented things that the earth is like the breasts of a woman: useful as well as pleasing - Nietzsche

Post subject: last time
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:28 am 
Okay, this is the last time I'm asking for a update.

Please update.

wilgen.

Post subject: last time part II
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 3:34 am 
I've been thinking and that was problably not the last time.

wilgen.

Post subject: Re: last time part II
PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2004 12:06 pm 
Yes, I ditto Wilgen!! This is a such an amazing story and I would really LOVE to see an update.

You know, you can't just leave us sitting on the "edge of the chair" like that.

More, sometime soon, please....

Wimpy

Post subject: Last time part III
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 5:29 am 
Definitely not the last time.

wilgen.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:48 am 
I keep getting my hopes up every time I see this story pop to the top of the board - but alas no update (turns, drops head, sticks bottom lip out and walks off pouting dejectedly) :tear

Mic

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 10:43 pm 
Triscuit, oh Triscuit! You are my literary Goddess! :bow

Like so many before me, I have read this wonderful story really fast over 3-4 days.

Sometimes almost getting myself into trouble by reading it at work.......

Someone will walk into the office and find me hunched over the computer with my mouth hanging open. :thud

Not a pretty sight, really! :shock

You write the characters SO well and I love that you just elaborate on the pre-existing storyline.

I cannot wait until you write the next update. I will be waiting no so patiently by the computer!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! :clap

Emily

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:29 pm 
Heyyy..

I too am a proclaimed lurker, but I do reply to my very favorite fics, and there's only been like 3 of those, I dunno, I forget... anywho- I just wanted to let you know that I've caught up to this story within the past couple of days, and I absolutely adore every single word of it, and I gotta give you a :thud for those yummy scenes.. you know the ones! :wink

Ok, well I'll let you go...I'm gonna stick around for an update, though! Thanks!

"...A-and I'm gonna make it up to you. Starting right now."

(Starts to smile)"Right now?"

Post subject: Hello!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 6:51 pm 
Hi Triscuit! :bigwave

I thought there was an update to your fabulous story, but alas, just another kitten in need of an update fix. :spin

This is such a great fic, I'd hate to see it go unfinished. Please, oh please......*getting down on knees*.....give us an update!!! :pray :pray :pray

btw - Hope you and your family are doing well!

Shy One

:shy

Post subject: Re: The Edge of Silence
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:04 am 
This is one of my all time favorite stories. In fact, it was a recommendation of a friend to read "River In Me" that led me to the Kitten Board in the first place. I really miss updates and hope to see more from you soon. I love your work. :peace

-pipsberg

"We live our lives, do whatever we do, and then we sleep - it's as simple and ordinary as that."

Michael Cunningham, The Hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:23 am 
Okay, I'm jumpin on the wagon -- I'm reeealllly missing the Edge updates.

The River In Me and The Edge of Silence were what got me totally hooked on Pens in the first place. So now I'm Pens' bitch, and woman enough to admit it.

You guys are all great -- all the writers that take their time and talent and grace us with amazing updates, through hell and high water, and whatever else RL throws at you -- hats off to you all!!!

Maybe we could have a fic writers parade -- there could be floats and a marching band and men in funny hats riding extremely tiny motorized bikes. Whatever it takes to keep you guys coming back with more.

I love you guys! :kiss1

Wimpy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 8:33 pm 
Ooh, I got all excited because I saw Triscuit was signed in and went zipping off to see if there was an Edge of Silence update - but alas, disappointed again. I really miss this story, it was one of the first I ever started reading on the pens.

Any chance this story might get active again?

:pray

Do bribes or begging work?

:flirt :flower :balloons :bigkiss

Mic

:depressed

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next