The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: The Legend of Green Eyed Red
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:51 pm 
Title: The Legend of Green Eyed Red

Author: tarawhipped (Cameron)

Email: tarawhipped@hotmail.com

Rating: R (just to be safe)

Disclaimer: All characters are the property of Joss Whedon/Mutant Enemy

Distribution: Take it, just tell me where!

Summary: A redheaded stranger rides into a town full of trouble and meets a blonde barmaid. Can they save each other and the town?

Setting: AU (the Old West)

Author’s Note: I swore I wouldn’t start another long fic while I have one sitting neglected, but apparently I lie. I’m just finding it hard to work on something dark when I’m already depressed, so this is the result: fluffy adventure-romance escapism. I hope the old timey western vernacular isn’t too irritating. It’ll be toned down a bit after the intro.

Prologue

So you say you wanna hear a story, do you? Well that’s good, cause I got a lot of ‘em to tell. Any of you ever heard the legend of Green Eyed Red? No?! Who was Green Eyed Red? Why, Green Eyed Red was only one of the most infamous personages ever to roam these here parts. Pull up a chair and I’ll tell you all about it. Go on then, there’s plenty of room for everybody. I guess it must be going on fifty years ago now, but I remember it as plain as I’m sittin’ here today.

It was back in ’67 or ’68. The Civil War had ended a couple of years previous, but the wounds were still fresh in mind and spirit, if not in body. Nebraska had only just become a state, and the Union Pacific was layin’ down rail faster than a jackrabbit can high-tail it from a coyote. And everywhere the railroad went, towns sprung up alongside it. Some of ‘em are still around today, all growed up into cities, but a lot more of ‘em sunk back into the mud outta which they come. Mean little towns they was, full of crooked lawmen, thieves, gamblers, gunfighters, and prostit—well, full of some of the most lowdown, shifty-eyed, bad tempered varmints you’d never want to meet.

And that’s where this story begins: in a vile little hole called Dusty Hollow, where the crookedest Mayor ever to fix an election must’ve sold his soul to the Devil and some Eastern bankers to procure a rail stop. He owned almost everything in Dusty Hollow, including most of the people. Those few honest folk he couldn’t buy, he ran outta there, if they were lucky. The unlucky ones, well, they weren’t never heard from again. He let his son-in-law, a vicious brute who was also the Sheriff, run rampant over the town and handle the dirty work. But what old Mayor Wilkins and Sheriff Mears didn’t count on was Green Eyed Red showin’ up and settin’ things right.

Now, there were a lot of wild stories about Red back in those days, more of ‘em lies than not. Some called him the Red Bandit and claimed he robbed banks or trains. Some said he was a deserter from the Union Army, others swore it was the Confederate. Some called him a cold-blooded killer, while a few maintained he was a modern-day Robin Hood. Why, there were even one or two who insisted he wasn’t even a ‘he,’ but nobody paid those folks any mind. And now I’m getting’ ahead of myself, but I’ll come back to all that in good time.

The redheaded stranger who rode into Dusty Hollow one fine day wasn’t lookin’ for nothin’ more than a hot bath, a soft bed, and a friendly game of cards. Twasn’t lookin’ for any trouble, but as it often happens, trouble came a-knockin’ all on its own. And that trouble started when Green Eyed Red moseyed up to Maclay’s Saloon and laid eyes on the purtiest barmaid West of the Mississippi—or East, for that matter. ‘Ol Red’s sense just flew right out the window that day, and Dusty Hollow would never be the same.

So you all just sit back for a spell, cause this ain’t no short story. Somebody stoke that fire, and I wouldn’t say no to a strong cup of coffee. Now, where was I? Oh yeah. I may be old, but my memory hasn’t failed me yet, and I can remember every detail of the legend of Green Eyed Red. I’m a-gonna tell it to you just like it happened, and I’ll swear on a stack of Bibles, every word of it is true.

TBC

What should I be but just what I am? - Edna St.Vincent Millay

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Green Eyed Red
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:13 pm 
Definately got my attention. Willow as the lone outsider and Tara as the barmaid equals :blush

Post subject: Yay New Story
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:23 pm 
Hey Cameron...ooooh I like westerns. :) Especially if there's fixin' to be a hot spell and our heroes have to dress scantily and suffer as small beads of sweat run down their long, smooth necks and into the valley of their...

What were we talking about again? :P

Anyways...great start

~Cyd

But if my freetime's gone, would you promise me this?

That you will please bury me with it?

~ Modest Mouse

Post subject: Re: Yay New Story
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 11:43 pm 
Oooooo bar maids and trouble! My favorite!! I loved the beginning introduction. Wonderfully done! ;) ....*thinking* Tara as a bar maid.... oh yeah baby... :cool

xoxo

Emms

I can wax philisophically on a variety of different subjects...that doesn't,however, mean that I have anything constructive to add to the conversation.

--- Me

Post subject: Re: Yay New Story
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:21 am 
wow...please continue...update soon...this story caught my attention...;) ;) :angel

***CaiL***

To Love is to receive a glimpse of Heaven-- Karen Sunde

Love isn't a decision. It's a feeling. If we could decide who we loved, it would be much simpler...But much less magical... -- Trey Parker and Matt Stone

Post subject: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haw!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:03 am 
Whoo-ee, looks like we got us a new story here! I could almost hear the quiet sounds of a banjo plink-plunking away in the background as I read... I think I'll have me a sasspirilla and wait patiently for an update. Can't wait to 'hear' this tall tale, and thank ya kindly Ms. Cameron for the new fic!

Post subject: Re: Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haw!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:11 am 
Howdy!

Quote:
Why, there were even one or two who insisted he wasn’t even a ‘he,’

Now, who would say such a thing??

And Tara as a barmaid? You now that video of Pink? Trouble?

Sure you do. Well thats the image I got *ggg

Nice start.

Vogelscheuche

(AKA Insanity)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"It's always sudden", Tara

German Fanfiction

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:51 am 
CAM!!! another fic... so yeah u better be updating the others... hehe..but this is great cam cant wait for more...

-reds:willow

Mein Banane tanzt für Schmutz :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 12:22 pm 
Ooh, a western. This is looking good already.

------------------

There can be no rainbow without rain, you cannot know true happiness until you know sadness first.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:48 pm 
MORE PLEASE I love this premise its one i think i have only scene maybe three times before can't wait for more updates

:bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce :bounce

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 4:15 pm 
Wow. That's all I can really say. Do you write a lot of Western stuff? You really have the style down to perfection. This is going to be a great story, I can already tell.

It's insulting to the whole gender[sic] of rap.

~Eminem

Post subject: The Legend of Green Eyed Red
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:50 pm 
Howdy, y’all! Thanks for all the encouragement so far. I think I’m going to try to stick with short but frequent updates, but you never know. In that spirit, however, here’s feedback responses to the intro, and chapter 1 to follow. Yeehaw!

soluna350: First poster! You get the cookie! Glad you like the premise. I have to give props to Brandnew and Whisper for the inspiration. Their respective fics “The Assasin” and “Stolen Heart” gave me the idea for mysterious, lawless Willow (of sorts). Hope you enjoy the rest.

hermitfish: Thanks for your support, Cyd. Knock it off with the naughty image inducing replies though, you’re gonna make me lose my train of thought!:blush Or better yet, use that vivid imagination and update Relinquished Symmetry!

MissKittys Ball O Yarn: Thanks, Emms, glad you liked it. Barmaid Tara hasn’t even appeared yet (and won’t til Chapter 2…sorry) and she’s already a big hit. Kittens rule. BTW, your sig line is awesome, and I can relate.

UnveilTheSoulbound: Thanks for the feedback, CaiL. More is comin’ right up.

EasierSaid: When I read your feedback, Heather, I realized I didn’t need to worry about scaring people off with the western-speak. Now I wish I could add sound files and put in some banjos and fiddles and harmonicas, but I’m glad you can hear it on your own. But whaddya mean ‘tall tale?’ I done told you it’s the god’s honest truth, or I ain’t a virtuous woman.:flirt

Vogelscheuche: Mmmm…more vivid imagery of barmaid Tara. I’m a little afraid to actually describe her now!:lol As for who would suggest that G.E.R. wasn’t a he, well I don’t rightly know. I’m jes’ tellin’ it like I heard it. Thank you Insanity! Oh, and you too Vogelscheuche.:wink

WickedReds: Good to see you and your banana, Reds. And YES, I will be updating “that damn island fic” as I’ve taken to calling it. Kinda ironic that when I’m in a dark, depressing mood I can’t write a dark, depressing story. I do hate to leave things hanging, but this way I can hopefully work on one or the other as my moods swing.

robotguru: Thanks for the encouragement, and I hope it continues to please.

silentinformer: Thank you, and more is on the way. Once I stop being hypnotized by all the bouncing.:bounce

Tempest Duer: Wow right back atcha and your lovely feedback. I haven’t written Westerns before. In fact, I’ve never been a huge fan of the genre, but I love cowboys and Indians and the mythology of the American West. For several years when I was a kid I constantly wore cowboy duds and called myself ‘Cowboy John,’ which is odd cause I’m not only a girl, but had long curly blonde hair at the time. Guess I never got it out of my system though, and I’m very grateful for all the positive response.

Edited by: tarawhipped at: 11/21/04 6:00 pm

Post subject: The Legend of Green Eyed Red: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:55 pm 

Distribution: Take it, just tell me where to visit it!

Summary: A redheaded stranger rides into a town full of trouble and meets a blonde barmaid. Can they save each other and the town?

Chapter 1

Willow grimaced as the left side of her small open wagon bounced over a rock, pitching her and her belongings sharply to the right before everything lurched back with a thump. She reached behind her with one hand until her fingertips felt coarse material and pulled a blanket out from under a box with a strong tug. Transferring both reins to one hand, she stood up slightly off of her perch and stacked the folded blanket atop the two already on the wooden seat. Gingerly settling her aching bottom down on the still inadequate padding, she allowed a pitiful whimper to escape her lips. At the sound, her horse turned its head back slightly and whinnied.

“You think it’s funny do you, horse? Well, I think you rolled over that rock on purpose. Stupid horse.”

Her muttering only earned her another snort from the animal, and Willow turned her attention back to the trail in front of her. There was little to distinguish it from the land surrounding her, other than several pairs of wagon wheel ruts cutting their way across the desolate plain. The sky stretched on for miles in every direction, the horizon broken only sporadically by a sandstone structure or a mesa. Sparse prairie grass undulated in the gentle breeze, lulling the weary traveler’s senses even more than the sameness of the terrain.

Despite the severe beauty of the landscape, Willow couldn’t imagine a less inviting place. She’d passed a number of grave markers over the past few days; hastily constructed wooden crosses bearing names and dates, some lettered in charcoal, some crudely carved. Most she’d seen were a decade old or more; forgotten reminders of the hardships faced by those brave or crazy enough to cross the continent by land during the heady early days of the gold rush. More than fifteen years later, the trek wasn’t much easier, and the chance of striking it rich was even less likely. The loud shriek of a train whistle drew Willow out of her ponderings and she looked to the right, where off in the distance she spied dark grey smoke billow and dissipate in the air.

‘Lotta things fixin’ to change,’ she thought darkly.

Another jarring bump jolted the redhead’s attention back to the trail, and she cursed loudly. Shielding her eyes with her hand, she squinted at the sun for an instant and noted that it was only mid-day. She knew she should push on til nightfall, but the thought of the town she’d spotted that morning from the top of a bluff gave her pause. It had been four or five days since she’d seen anything approximating a town, and the lure of a bath and a bed was too great. If she passed up this opportunity, it could be an even longer stretch before she another chance. She pulled sharply on the right rein and the wagon lurched out of the ruts. She could just make out the outline of slant roofs against the open expanse of blue sky. With a murmur of “giddup” and a shake of the reins, Willow steered the cart in the direction of the town.

“I’m guessing three or four miles at most, horse. Think you can get us there without killin’ me?”

The horse chose that moment to shake its head, momentarily dispelling the cluster of flies around its ears. Willow put her feet up on the kickboard and frowned.

“Stupid horse.”

TBC

Edited by: tarawhipped at: 11/21/04 6:05 pm

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Green Eyed Red: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:57 pm 
so i am the first to reply though i haven't read the update :blush :whistle

so now that i have read the update all i can say is YAY I love the interaction with the horse :lol so will we be seeing more soon :flirt i hope so very good

Edited by: silentinformer at: 11/21/04 6:01 pm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:05 pm 
I love the Western setup/setting of this Cameron, very cool. Please continue on with this story, I'm interested in seeing how W/T meet and fall for one another. Thanks.

Yvonne:peace

Post subject: giddyup!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:13 pm 
My bad, my bad with the 'tall tale' comment - I musta been drunk on sasspirilla, or so eager to leave feedback that I um, skimmed the part where you said it was the god's honest (yeah, that's the ticket!). Great update. The descriptions were great; Willow's discomfort, the surroundings. Very lush. Can't wait for that warm bed and good night's sleep. And you know Tara (whenever you can oblige, ma'am).

Post subject: Re: giddyup!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:15 pm 
Well then Cowboy John, this story's fixin' to be a real piece of work.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only Kitten on this board (well, I'm actually more of a Puppy, but that's another story) who's enjoyed wearing Western duds.

~Eminem

Post subject: Chapter 1
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:31 pm 
Hey! I thought naughty imagination was pretty much a way of life around here. I'm gonna keep on using it doggone it. Long day on the sunbeaten dusty trails only to enter a bar and discover a long, cool glass of blonde that can wet the redhead's whistle and...other things. Okay, I'm reigning it in now. :P

FYI...I am working on RS (today even) just have been bogged down of late. Next update should be longer than the usuals if that makes you happy.

On to story, ornery horse for an ornery gal...appropriate enough. Like the scenery descriptors...not painting over the harshness of the setting. Short and fast updates? I'll take writing from you any way I can get it. :)

~Cyd

But if my freetime's gone, would you promise me this?

That you will please bury me with it?

~ Modest Mouse

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:41 pm 
Hey Cameron! Looks like you've got another winner. I'm lovin it already.

I'm just gonna sit here at the end of the bar and wait for that purdy barmaid to slide me a cold one and a shot of rot gut. And I'm gonna keep doing that until you update, which I hope is soon cause things are startin to spin.

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:10 am 
Howdy pardner,

I'm a fixin' to be entertained by this here piece of Old West Americana featuring Willow as the gunslinger and Tara as the buxom barmaid.

Yeehah and pass me a Sasparilla.:peace

Post subject: re:2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:14 am 
:laugh jajajaja, Funny. I love it.

It was so Willow-y that horsechat :p

Upload soon, you're doing great. I can't wait to Red to meet Tara :blush

Post subject: Re: re:2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:50 am 
Drat, Ezboard ate the post I just posted here... oh well, on the plus side, it saves me from the embarassment of people reading my woeful attempt at wild-west-speak :)

I love the start of this story, and I'm looking forward to more. By coincidence I just started re-reading 'Flashman and the Redskins' so I'm all in a western mood, and the prospect of Green Eyed Red sweeping in and cleanin' up this two-bit town, doubtless with help from this beautiful (and no doubt courageous when need be) barmaid.

I'll go ahead and put this with your other stories on Looking-glass, that's okay right? I'm looking forward to more.

Chris Cook

Through the Looking-glass

A Willow and Tara for every world.

Post subject: Re: re:2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:55 pm 
Whoo-hee, Miss Cameron!! I reckon this here story's gunna be a good'in. I guess I oughta mosey on up to the bar (How-do, Miss Heather) and order me up one of them thar sasparillas. Yer off to a mighty fine start. Yup, mighty fine!

I've got spurs that jingle, jangle, jingle...

-shuyaku

Oh God, Willow—you’re giving me the gift of Karen Carpenter. Just when I think I grasp the full extent of your love." - Tara

"Why do birds suddenly appear? It’s because, you are queer…" - Willow (Gods Served and Abandoned by AntigoneUnbound)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:58 pm 
Willow and her hores problems... haha

-reds:willow

Mein Banane tanzt für Schmutz :banana

Smutbunny Anthem: *sung to tune from Goldfinger* Smutbunnies...they'e the bunnies, the bunnies that love the smut...and Willow's butt. They surf for smut fiction...always lookin' for the next naked sweaty fix...of Tara's tits.- Written By Cameron(tarawhipped) For Us Smut Bunnies

Post subject: Feedback
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:19 pm 
Howdy, Kittens! Now, seein’ as how I’m noticin’ a theme in all yer kind feedback, before I get to individual replies and Chapter 2 I think it’s a good time for some rules to be set down:

1. No spittin’

2. No fightin’

3. No ass-grabbin’ of the barmaids

4. 3 sarsaparilla limit

5. No headin’ down to the whorehouse til I say so

silentinformer: You must really want a cookie! Okay, here ya go! Thanks r.e. the horse. It was hard to plan a western without them, but I had to tie in Willow’s horse fear somehow. Glad you liked it!

onyxsundrops: Thanks, Yvonne. I’m a little surprised (in a VERY good way) that the western theme has been such a hit, and it’s a lot of fun to write. Willow and Tara will be meeting in the next part (sort of), but the falling in love will take a while.

EasierSaid:
Quote:
I musta been drunk on sasspirilla
Please take note of Rule #4. Thanks for your comments about the descriptions, Heather. I consider it quite a compliment coming from you. I spent two of the longest days of my life driving through Nebraska several years ago, and it’s not hard to imagine it without the paved roads and telephone lines. No offense to anyone from there, but it really was the most uninviting place I’ve ever been.

Tempest Duer:
Quote:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only Kitten on this board who's enjoyed wearing Western duds
Is this leather thing?:lol I gotta say, it’s the hats that do it for me. Thanks again, and I hope you like the next one.

hermitfish:
Quote:
I thought naughty imagination was pretty much a way of life around here
Amen to that!:bow You’re killin’ me here, Cyd! But, um, don’t stop. As I told Heather, my one trip through Nebraska was not pleasant but it left a pretty vivid image, and the word harsh pretty much sums up my impression of it. Very glad to hear about RS coming along.

wimpy0729: Howdy Wimpy! Glad you’re enjoying it so far. You might also want to acquaint yourself with Rule #4…and #3.:wink

taralicious: Howdy yourself, friend! Glad you could join us. Err…we seem to be running low on sarsaparilla. How ‘bout a nice root beer? *ducks flying mugs*

Viximon: “Willow-y horsechat”:lol I love it! More comin’ right up, including the initial meeting of W/T.

Artemis: Aw, come on Chris! I wanna hear your western-speak! Don’t you realize that like many Americans, I assume much of Australia is closer to the Old West than anything we’ve got left?! I’m glad there seems to be a lot of people in the western mood, and hope it continues to please. Thanks for posting it…another awesome banner!

shuyaku: Well, thank you kindly! I’m mighty pleased yer enjoyin’ it. However, if yer fixin’ to do some drinkin’ with Miss Heather, I’m gonna have to ask that you both adhere to Rules #2 and #5.:glasses

WickedReds: Yeah, the “Willow has a horse” joke is going to be milked for all it’s worth. It’s one thing to have it pulling her wagon, but at some point she may actually have to ride it! *ducks punch from angry redhead*

Post subject: The Legend of Green Eyed Red: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:21 pm 

Distribution: Take it, just tell me where to visit it!

Chapter 2

Tara walked out of the saloon with a broom and began sweeping, her head down. She knew it was a beautiful day and did not want to be reminded of how perfect it would have been for going riding. She’d awoken early and in good spirits despite the late hours of her profession, and made it as far as the top of the stairs before her plans for the day crumbled. The barroom was a disaster. Tables were littered with dirty glasses and overturned ashtrays. Chairs were strewn everywhere, several broken. And the floor—Tara didn’t want to even look at the floor, much less walk on it. She lifted her skirt as she reached the bottom of the stairs and carefully crossed the room.

The night before, when the last of the usual drunks had been sent staggering home and only the serious card players remained, Donnie had told Tara she could go on up to bed. He’d promised he wasn’t going to drink, he just wanted to play a couple more hands, and would tidy up before the end of the night. Tara shook her head in disappointment as she approached the bar, then turned right to pull back a red curtain and duck her head into the back room. The small windowless area was dark, but the light filtering in through the front plate-glass windows allowed Tara to see a little. The space was dominated by a large octagonal poker table, shipped from Chicago and covered in pristine green felt. It was Donnie’s pride and joy, and he wouldn’t allow anything but cards and currency to rest on it. A small shelf ran around the perimeter of the room for ashtrays and drinks, and in each corner was placed a brass spittoon. Sturdy oak armchairs surrounded the table, and despite the dark Tara could easily identify the form of her brother slumped in one, his head and arms resting on the table. She couldn’t tell at first if he was passed out or dead, until he shifted a fraction and began snoring loudly.

‘So much for riding today,’ she thought, dropping the curtain back in place and setting about collecting glasses.

When Donnie came to several hours later, he was in as angry a mood as she’d ever seen him. He refused to talk about what had happened, other than muttering something about the Sheriff cheating at cards. When Tara had blanched and asked how much he’d lost, Donnie flew into a fury and threw several of the glasses she’d just cleaned against the wall. After a hastily mumbled apology, he retreated upstairs to his room. Tara spent the rest of the day putting the saloon back in order, knowing that come evening it would be the same thing all over again.

Running her broom briskly over the wood planks in front of the building, Tara wondered why she bothered. The town was named Dusty Hollow for a reason, and all the sweeping in the world would never get it clean. When she heard the squeak of wagon wheels and the slow clop of hooves approach behind her, she kept her head down.

“Afternoon, ma’am,” a scratchy voice called out.

“We’re closed,” she replied, a little more unfriendly than she intended.

“Well, now, I wasn’t lookin’ for no drink this early in the day, but I was hopin’ you could give me some directions. Or are you closed for them too?”

Tara bristled at the jibe and turned to face her taunter, one hand on her hip while the other held the broom. She looked at the small dusty cart tethered to a small dusty horse driven by a small dusty man. One look at the wide, gently mocking grin of the stranger dispelled her ire, and she leaned both arms on her broom with a sigh.

“Directions are free today, but you get what you pay for.”

“Well I think I’ll take my chances. I’m just passin’ through this beautiful metropolis, and I’d be much obliged if’n you’d point out your finest hotel and dining establishments for a weary traveler.”

Tara found herself openly gawking, then biting back a giggle as she took in the stranger’s appearance. So coated in trail grime was he that the only distinguishing feature Tara could identify was sparkling green eyes. He could have been fifteen or fifty for all she could tell, but he did not appear to be able to afford a straw bed in a stable, much less a feather bed in the newly constructed Dusty Hollow Inn. Nevertheless, to appease him and amuse herself she pointed out its location down and across the way, along with that of the other buildings dotting the street.

“Where do I park…him?” the man asked, hesitantly pointing to the horse with a frown.

“The inn’s got a stable, just tell the front desk you’re in need. And it’s a she,” Tara giggled. At the blank look she received, she stopped laughing. “Your horse. She’s a she.”

“Oh,” came the reply, and if Tara didn’t know better, she could swear she saw a blush break through the dirt on the stranger’s face.

“Well, Miss Horsey, I do apologize. I guess all this time I’ve been swearing at you all wrong.”

Tara laughed again as the man leaned forward and smacked the horse’s flank, causing the animal to lunge ahead and the man to fall back onto his seat with a thud and a cloud of dust. As the cart continued down the road toward the inn, Tara watched in bemusement.

“Thank you kindly, ma’am!” the odd fellow called back over his shoulder. “I’ll be sure to stop by later when you are open!”

Tara smiled and shook her head as she returned to her sweeping.

‘Just what this town needs…another character.’

TBC

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Green Eyed Red: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:38 pm 
This fic rocks! I really ought to get back to writing some of mine but...i need my bed :p

------------------

There can be no rainbow without rain, you cannot know true happiness until you know sadness first.

Post subject: Stinkin Rules
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:05 pm 
Rules? Man, you know how to really ruin a girl's fun. I'm not likin 3, 4 or 5!! Maybe not really an ass grab, how bout a casual "oops, sorry my hand accidentally cupped your firm buttocks"?? ;)

I am totally lovin this. It is so cute, and Willow all covered with dirt would really be a sight to see. Haha "Stupid horse" and of course she's been swearin at her all wrong. Too funny! And Tara saying that "she's a she", ironic as it could be said for the driver too.

Can't wait for more!

Wimpy

"There was plenty of magic." ~ Tara

Edited by: wimpy0729 at: 11/22/04 4:55 pm

Post subject: Re: The Legend of Green Eyed Red: Chapter 2
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:20 pm 
Stupid Donny, getting drunk and losing money... at least Tara doesn't work in the whorehouse, that's all I can say.

Oh, and much as I like leather, I'm a poor musician, so all I have to call my own are my hat and my boots. And one very nice shirt with pearl snap buttons.

~Eminem

Post subject: two of a kind
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:24 pm 
Well now that I know this fic has a card table, I think I can abide by the house rules. Great introduction for our gals, looking forward to the look on Tara's face when she gets a gander at Willow sans dirt mask! (And yup, Nebraska has a definite 'sameness' to it...)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 542 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next