The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's SMG Cant Be A Lesbian Monday.MKF
PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:42 am 
Can you believe Infobeat have just reported this.

Gellar's Lesbian Kiss Cut from Scooby Doo (World Entertainment News Network)

SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR
Chris Delmas/ZUMA Press
Sexy star SARAH MICHELLE GELLAR is disappointed after producers cut a lesbian kissing scene from her new SCOOBY DOO film.

The stunning BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER actress, who plays DAPHNE alongside fiancé FREDDIE PRINZE JR's FRED in the movie - an adaptation of the kid's cartoon series - reportedly puckers up with co-star LINDA CARDELLINI, cast as nerdy VELMA.

A WARNERS employee says, "They did film it. But the powers-that-be felt it would be too provocative.

"The kiss was considered too titillating. They felt it would make people chuckle and snicker."

Sarah Michelle is no stranger to female smooches, having shared an MTV MOVIE AWARD with SELMA BLAIR in 2000 for Best Kiss in CRUEL INTENTIONS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:07 am 
YES! I got into Harvard Divinity School! Oh I'm so so so so so so so so so excited!!!!! So excited! What a good day today was!!!!!!!!! (please excuse my extensive use of exclamation points. I'm just so happy!!!) After not getting into 2 other grad schools i applied to, i was all worried. but harvard was my first choice anyway. now i just have to decide by april 15th whether I want to go right away starting in September, or whether I want to wait a year and stay in Korea another year... Oh I'm so excited

------------------
~La

"No good sittin' worryin' abou' it. What's comin' will
come, an' we'll meet it when it does."
~Hagrid, from "Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire".

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:11 am 
WOW CONGRATS!!! LA!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:36 am 
Congrats La! I'll be applying for grad school soon so it's nice to hear stories about people actually getting in. I'm all paranoid that I won't.
As for the cutting of the lesbian scene. I say, "boo! hiss!" And in an extremely whiny voice, "But I wanted to see it!"
Everyone have a happy Monday.

------------------
"That's right, puppy. Willow's gonna make you bark."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:44 am 
I think it is terrible that they cut the scene.
I hope it comes out with the DVD as an extra at least.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:24 am 
I don't know.

I like SMG and being in my 30's I was raised on Scooby-Doo, but does this movie just seem *wrong*? There is something unnatural about it. I get the same feeling from this as I did from watching the previews to "Baby Genuises". That is without the need to vomit.

I'll catch it on cable.

Warlock.

------------------
Web Warlock
web.warlock@attbi.com webwarlock@planetadnd.com
Author, the Netbooks of Witches and Warlocks
The Other Side: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/
My Willow&Tara Pages: http://www.xtreme-gaming.com/theotherside/willtara.php
Shadow Earth Games: http://www.rpghost.com/WebWarlock/
--
I'm ahead of my time. But only by a week.
- Too Much Joy, "I Don't Know"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:26 am 
Eh, I know I'll be unpopular for saying this, but honestly, I won't miss a lesbian kiss in Scooby Doo. If this is supposed to be a definitive version of the cartoon, then homosexuality doesn't figure largely in my appreciation of the cartoon.

See, what I loved best about the cartoon was that it was high camp. Yes, Velma was a big ol' dyke, and I knew that from an early age, but all I'm expecting from the movie is a continuation of the campness that defined the cartoon.

I dunno, it just seems like somehow lesbians are "in" this season and I hate that jumping on the bandwagon whole kind of thing. Plus, I've seen SMG kiss enough women I guess.

On a lighter note, well done La! That's great news. Further and higher education is always a good thing, in my opinion. Go you.

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:35 am 
quote:
Originally posted by oncemorewithfeeling:
I think it is terrible that they cut the scene.
I hope it comes out with the DVD as an extra at least.

I ditto that..

Nath.quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:36 am 
I agree... that kiss wouldn`t feel right there.
and oh!
Congrats La!!!

-------------------
I have a theory. Some kid is dreaming, and we are all stuck inside his wacky broadway nightmare!

[This message has been edited by Willow_wtch (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:19 am 
quote:
Originally posted by La:
YES! I got into Harvard Divinity School!

I don't know ... a kinda friend of mine from college went to Harvard Divinity School. We have a couple of really good friends in common, and no one's heard anything from her since she got there ... We have therefore renamed it Harvard Kidnap-Your-Friends-And-Lock-Them-In-A-Closet School.

I, too, have been hearing good things from grad schools regarding acceptances, but NOTHING so far regarding assistantships. Without those, the acceptances don't mean anything. I'm getting frustrated. It's like they're all teasing me ... each dangling a nice, pretty, expensive thing in front of me, making me wonder if they'll give it to me or yank it back and laugh in my face.

[This message has been edited by the literary exterminator (edited March 25, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:00 am 

I don't know. My cousin goes to Harvard, though it is undergrad and I'm actually seeing him today over his spring break. Maybe its just the east coast vacumn that seems to suck people in.

Congrats La on getting in though. Very cool.
However I agree with literary exterminator, w/o assistantships and such, actually attending is a bit more difficult. I lucked out and got a decent scholarship that helps.

Oh and I'm all for the campiness. I don't need to see that kiss. Suddenly lesbianism is chic. Hmmm. Took 'em long enough to figure that out.

------------------
Hey, and later we can churn our own butter and make sweaters out of sheep.

[This message has been edited by Thanatopsis (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:51 am 
Congrats,La!!!
I'm happy because it's spring break!!No school the whole week!!

Hmmm...woulda liked to see the kiss,but I don't think it would ever actually have happened between Velma and Daphne,y'know? But what kind of tightass is this Warners' spokesperson? The kiss was cut because it would have made people chuckle?? Cripes! We're talking about a movie with a freaking cgi great dane in it for crying out loud,and they're worried about people chuckling??

------------------
"Isn't it funny how slaying always makes you hungry and horny?"

"I wear the cheese. The cheese does not wear me."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:51 am 
Mazal tov, La!!!! Woo hoo!!! Please let me know when you decide to come to Cambridge - I live outside of Boston and I would love to actually meet you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:56 am 
I have said for a long time that velma was gay. That freddy and daphne and spending more time in the van than in hunt for clues.

Scaggy is stoned all of the time. Thats why the dog talks so much. Just as long as ther is no doggie love going on.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 10:57 am 

While I don't mind if I don't see the kiss in the movie, I'm glad it was scripted and shot. It's important for me to know that these things are around, ya know? Does that make sense? I dunno.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:33 am 
HAHAHA! but wait now in cartoon network Velma has a thing for Jhonny Bravo so i gues she would be bi or gay reformed?

------------------
<Lady> I smell sin on you!
<Xander>
"HEY LADY SHE WHO SMELT IT DELT IT!"," so it's like a a giant poltergasm"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 11:47 am 
Congratulations LA! Great news...

Katharyn

------------------
You hear that baby?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:00 pm 
Happy Monday!

one more day of school and then i've got 2 weeks off for easter! yay for holidays! lol.

i'm *so* tired...

i celebrated my birthday *all* weekend... resulting in a total lack of sleep and more alcohol in my bloodstream than blood... lol.

*so* glad i don't suffer from hangovers... dread to think how i'd be feeling right now if i did...

anyways... Happy Monday (yes, i'm aware that i've said that already... lol)

------------------
"if you throw a stone, something's gonna shatter somewhere. We're all so fragile, we're all so scared."
Convention review site

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:09 pm 
Congrats La! Talk about some hard work you'd have done in order to get in. And belated Welcomes to the U.S. I'd be excited too....I'm trying to get into law school presently and am working on my Masters so, it seems, that working my arse off is in the cards for me. Good luck at Harvard and have fun!

Toni

------------------
"Sometimes, we just can't make it on our own. We all need someone to love us, to help remind us that there's good in the world, to keep us from going crazy."

Willow from Dacia's The Dreamer Awakes

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:12 pm 
Congrats La!!!!

Hmm I knew Velma was gay but somehow that dosen't figure into the whole Scooby thing. Maybe they just filmed it to see how much they could get away with on the set.

Have a happy Monday kitties,am off to keep my rental units off my back about job hunting(hello Im taking 12 units of classwork and going for my aa degree!!!!) parents oy!
So much for my relaxing spring break,maybe if Im lucky I can hole up in the public library for a few hours a day and relax.

------------------
"My heart doesn't stutter" -Tara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 1:12 pm 
Heh. Didn't Fred and Daphne always end up in the master bedroom somewhere? Odd really, cuz that cravate that Fred wears says 'gayboy' to me...

------------------
You know I've been through hell...Joss can't you see, there'll be nothing left of me. You made me believe...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:35 pm 
Congratulations La!!!

My brother went to Harvard grad school, and he loved it. I'm sure you're going to have a great time.

Now, as for the other news of the day...

quote:
Originally posted by oncemorewithfeeling:
"The kiss was considered too titillating. They felt it would make people chuckle and snicker."

All I have to say is - "And the rest of the movie won't make people chuckle and snicker?"

I'm working on the third draft of my book today. Meanwhile, Vanderbilt plays Tennessee in the Women's NCAA basketball tournament tonight, and I'm going to miss most of it because of choir practice! Good thing VCR's exist.

Have a great day, everybody!

[This message has been edited by BBOvenGuy (edited March 25, 2002).]Congratulations La!!!quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:03 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by BBOvenGuy:
Vanderbilt plays Tennessee in the Women's NCAA basketball tournament tonight, and I'm going to miss most of it because of choir practice! Good thing VCR's exist.

In adherence to the recent Buffy spoiler trend, I will be creating new threads immediately after the game with titles that reveal both the victor and score of the game in all caps. I will make sure to do that before BBOvenGuy has an opportunity to watch the tape, and I will post my comments on the game in all threads EXCEPT the The Official Women's NCAA Basketball Tournament Thread. Hey, it's not in the FAQ!

[This message has been edited by the literary exterminator (edited March 25, 2002).]quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:07 pm 
Congratulations La

I have just acheived my own personal goal of finishing my history essay (the third one for the final) that ended up being 11 pages. Now I get to kick back and read fic, that's the life

------------------
Beep, beep

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:18 pm 
Congrats La!!

------------------
A dream is a wish the heart makes.

Willow: "You had two eggs, sunny-side-up. I remember because they were wiggling at me like little boobs."
Tara: Sassy Eggs.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:40 pm 
Good job La, that's so cool.

In other news.... bored now. Someone, somewhere, for Gods sake - give me spoilers! Before I pass out from the lack of blood caused by pounding my head against the wall repeatedly.

Need...spoilers... (ahem, in the proper therad of course.)

edited to add:

hey - cool. This is the first time I've ever been first on a page. Do I win yet another prize? Dr. G? (smiles sweetly)

[This message has been edited by bzengo (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 4:50 pm 
Congratulations, La! That rocks! You're gonna be all divine now--watch out, Glory!;-);-)
About Scooby--if it fit with the storyline, I think a girl/girl kiss would be great. However, not having seen the script or anything, who knows. I guess at least they didn't try to throw it in just for ratings. I remember being way grr when an acquaintance of mine said, "Oh yeah, my boyfriend and I were like 'They're gonna be lesbos!'" about Willow and Tara in season 4. They made it sound like it was just some trend and BtVS was just jumping on the bandwagon to give people like she and her boyfriend a momentary thrill. Big, big grr at that.

I don't really think about romance or sexy stuff when I think about the characters in Scooby Doo, but who knows, maybe love found a way, lol. It sucks that it got cut, because we all know why it got cut. It most likely had nothing to do with storylines and everything to do with fear.

------------------
"I'm under your spell, nothing I can do, you just took my soul with you..."
~~Tara

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:39 pm 
congrads La-way to engage your brain!!

------------------
Sugarloaf
"Due to the recent presidential elections, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:27 pm 
Congradulations La!!! Wow, Harvard, impressive!

Blah, started my new job a the smoothie shop today. I'd forgotten, in my one year hiatus from retail, how much I hate stupid people. And how many of them there are. "Do you sell juice here?" "Well, we're called The Juice Stop, so I'm thinking, yeah." Honestly

Amy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 9:55 pm 
Hey everyone!

You're all welcome to download my new Eliza Dushku music video. I worked really hard on it

My website is here. Go to the Tv and Film page. And there you will find it - 35Mb, and about 4 days worth of sequencing and editing.

The theme is just ~Eliza~....Sexy, cool, and always a bad girl She is so inspiring.

Any feedback on the clip is appreciated good, bad or indifferent.

If anyone missed my other video, the one for the film 'Lost & Delirious', I may put it back online soon if I have enough space. I know a lot of Kittens already have it though, because it was posted on the Kitten.

Sarah-B.