The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: subtext-y wallpaper
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2001 5:42 pm 

NoveltyAct
Blessed Wannabe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone,
Seeing as I'm just barely computer literate enough to figure how to post to the Kitty Board, this may turn out to be an unmitigated disaster...

...but I have made my first, very low-tech, non-fancy wallpaper. It features Willow and Tara (or rather, Aly and Amber), as well as some other actresses whose on-screen personas have been involved in some sort of subtext (translation: women NoveltyAct thinks are hotties), and I thought maybe I should share. Um, I think that you can view/download it from this address: http://www.geocities.com/rpetram/subtext.gif

Edited to add:

Ah...I just figured out that Geocities doesn't like external linking, so I guess you have to type in the address?

I hope you guys like it .

[This message has been edited by NoveltyAct (edited April 30, 2001).]

de-caff2
Blessed Wannabe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
couldn't see it. anything wrong with geocities or is it just my computer at work?!
de-caff2

NoveltyAct
Blessed Wannabe

Yup, de-caff2, I think if you cut and paste the address instead of clicking to link, it will work. Sorry about this--after I posted I was test-clicking away and discovered that geocities doesn't let you link to certain internal addresses from outside geocities. Um, if there is a way I can upload a gif file directly to the board I could do that... Sorry for the inconvenience ! (Novelty's newbie status just a-shinin' through here).

Wonko
Floating Rose

You can show an image directly on here but you have to know the html for it, which goes something like...

For example, a wallpaper I made a few months ago:

Yours is lovely by the way, but can you tell me who the woman in the bottom left hand corner is? I don't think I've seen her before

Wonko

[This message has been edited by Wonko (edited April 30, 2001).]

NoveltyAct
Blessed Wannabe

Wonko, thanks for the HTML tip (and the compliment! ), but I get the same offsite linking problem with geocities. I guess I should find free website hosting somewhere else...
The blond woman on at the bottom left-hand corner is Peta Wilson, who played the title role in the "La Femme Nikita" TV series. The photo is a publicity shot from the last "seasonette" of the show (revived for 8 episodes or something, to tie up storylines after fan revolt at the show's cancellation); they cut her hair and subsequently made her way more...[cough] butch...than she was before...

By the way Wonko, I've always enjoyed your J/7 stories .

[This message has been edited by NoveltyAct (edited April 30, 2001).]

Wonko
Floating Rose

Hey NoveltyAct, your own ISP probably has some web space reserved for you which would solve the external linking problem...hands up who hates geocities though
Thanks for the info about the actress. I never watched Nikita (mainly cause it was shown on Channel 5 here in the UK and I tend to stay as far away as possible )

Wonko

edited to say - whoah, J/7! Getting flashbacks from a past life here And here comes the nostalgia... Thanks, NoveltyAct

[This message has been edited by Wonko (edited April 30, 2001).]

shazza
Cool Monster Fighter

Great wallpaper!! But I have to know what subtexty stuff has Nikita been involved in...talk about dreams come true if this she were!!!!

xita
Ms. Moderator
Fantastico

Nice wallpaper, NoveltyAct. Amber and Aly look great of course. Peta looks hot.
And the thing with geocities is no matter how you code it it won't allow you to link them like that. It's why I had to sort of leave my geocities account.

Zahir
Willowhand

That's a very pretty wallpaper. Two points--methinks a JPG format is better for anything with a human face. And the pic of Amber is obviously turned around (the WB logo is a dead giveaway), which makes her look...different.
Oh, and I gave up my geocities account when they declared everything in a geocities account belonged to them! Okay, they backpedalled but still...!

------------------
"O let my name be in the Book of Love.
If it be there, I care not of
That other book Above...
Strike it out! Or write it in anew.
But let it be in the Book of Love!"
--Omar Kyam

Prairiegirl
Doll's eye crystal

I can't get the link to work. Can it be posted here?

Roxton
Strong like an Amazon

Thanks for the wallpaper NoveltyAct. Amber and Aly look great as always and Peta looks really hot. I'm also curious as to what subtext Nikita has been involved in? I'd love to see that.

wiltar4evr
Doll's eye crystal

Cool beans! This is great! Along with Aly and Amber I also get Lucy and Renee. You've totally made my day!
------------------
WTXenGab

Chance
Floating Rose

I don't know about Nikita/lesbian subtext. However, there is a movie, called "Mercy". Peta Wilson plays a lesbian character in the movie, (the story pretty much revolves around lesbians... cute resolution, worth looking at). Ellen Barkin stars as a police detective.
Just in case anyone else, y'know, loves the thought of Peta Wilson and Ellen Barkin going ... umm... (for lack of a better term) at it.

Umm... for me, of course, these are both older women, but... My God...

Alright, to the cold showers...

Wallpaper was awesome, btw.

------------------
"I look at my bed with longing." -Amber Benson.
(I look at her bed with longing, too. Well, I would... if ever I had the chance to see it.)

NoveltyAct
Blessed Wannabe

Thanks for the kind words and compliments, everyone. See, the problem with my delurking is that now a monster has been unleashed. Is it wrong that I keep looking through Crack's Smilies site and thinking about what kinds of wise-ass posts would justify the use of certain smilies?!?
Anyway, to answer the question about Peta and subtext, I guess there was no major overt subtext between her and another character on the show. There were spots of it here and there, though; I think there was one episode where another female operative fell in love with her when she was undercover. Mostly wishful thinking on my part, though (c'mon, Gillian Anderson's in the wallpaper!)--especially with that particular picture...

Chance, I'll second you on "Mercy"; I thought it veered a little too close to the "girl-on-girl as titillation for straight men", but worth a look. And that scene in the kitchen between Peta and Ellen Barkin? {fanning self) Great googly-moogly...

tommo
Big Pineapple

Ooooh Ellen Barkin...it's her crooked mouth...
------------------
"I like money better than people. People can so rarely be exchanged for goods and/or services."

IP: Logged