The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Fic -For All Your Good Intentions
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:32 am 
just wanted to comment on how incredibly well written this is. and to say that i also appreciate the fact that we know our girls are together prior to angst-y stuff. my poor broken heart thanks you...

BT

------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2002 3:52 am 
Hi Everyone. Thanks for all the posts and I'm glad you're all enjoying the story. Ch 3b is now in beta and will be posted soon. So I'm just going to reply to everyone now.

*Pixie* - My sweet. yes, angst is still low. It does get bumped up in part b. I feel bad for the girls too but remember, they love each other. I second the *go Owl!*

*Wizpup* - Thanks for delurking and the praise. yup, there are odds againsts them but what else is new .

*Sela* - yes, that i can gurantee. Willow and tara will stay together. They have to work some stuff out but they will be together.Hope I've convinced you, I'm convinced.

*Owl* - My, my, what nice whips you have. yes, I do so love to be kept in line by the Mistress of Punctuation and now Beta Champion of the World.

*The Next Tara Maclay* - Thanks for your enthusiam . I will finish this but each chapter seems to be longer than the last. Hope your head doesn't ache anymore.

*Pixie & Owl* - All flirting in the thread. LOL you guys rock (picture 5'6 Asian woman at desk at work saying that while put upon admin assistant rolls eyes outside office while muttering 'here she goes againwith the fairy folk and birds'). And Owl, that was some picture you put in my head .

*willntlover* - yes the showdown is next but its not going to be so much ass-kickage. Sorry but definitely ass-kickage in Ch 9, I think.

*LeatherQueen* - Thanks. Wasn't sure of the direction at first but its getting better (I think)

*bulldog_tidnab* - Thanks so much. Yes, about the only thing i can promise is the girls are together. Stuff will happen but they will get through it.

Well, update should come soon.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 22, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:30 pm 
Hi Everyone. Owl(my mistress of punctuation) hasn't come back with her comments yet so I'm just going to post this un-beta'ed. Please excuse any bad grammer or horrible spelling (and don't event get me started on the punctuation).
I will edit the mistakes that she will point out later
Notes - Ok, I am not a doctor but I play one on the pens board ! (Hey Owl, hey Pixie, want an exam???). Also, have no experience in writing action sequences so they may come out stilted. This part is sort of angsty on account of Willow getting seriously hurt. Ok on with the story.

Spoiler Warning - It has some spoilers up to Normal Again.
Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday J.
Rating - PG (anyone want to help with writing the more interesting parts (*cough, smut, cough*, e-mail me).
Title : For All your Good Intentions (may change in the future)

Chapter 3b

"Does anyone else feel like whistling the theme to Scooby Doo currently, no, no one? Ok, just me then." Xander tried to joke as they made their way to the Armory. 'Hey come on guys, this is going to be easy as pie, Buffy will fight, we'll hide, the good guys will win and be back in time to enjoy real pie"

"Willow, how much of a heads-up do you need in order to trip the alarm. I mean, I don't want Tara hanging around longer than necessary," Buffy asked as she looked over at her two friends walking arm in arm.

"Right there with you Buff. I mean, I always want Tara's company and all but not anywhere in the vicinity of danger, you know, not even in the same area code " gently squeezing Tara's hand, she continued "Baby, as soon as Buffy spots them, just send me a signal to my old noggin and we're all set, ok"

"Ok" Tara smiled back. She loved it when Willow got all-protective of her or when Willow started planning for the gang or when Willow did that thing to the back of her neck or… Oh stop it tara-girl, she admonished herself. You love everything about Willow, old noggin and all - especially the all. Yes, it was a bit scary when she had first met Willow and did not know what to expect or how to react to the feelings that the redhead churned up in her. Willow was just so bright and exuberant and everything Tara had wanted to be. Subsequently, knowing and loving Willow had allowed her to be all that and more. She owed so much to Willow. Their break up had hurt her beyond measure. Everyday of not seeing or touching Willow had been sheer torture, worse even than the madness bestowed on her by Glory. But their love had triumphed. Slowly their flirty looks and touches at Anya's and Xander's aborted wedding had turned to coffee dates and smoochies. Willow had realized that magic could not solve all of life's problems and she herself had realized that no matter how hurt or bad she felt, their underlying love would always be there. Slowly, they had begun to again connect on every level - physical, spiritual and magical. Life was indeed getting better with each passing day.

"Earth to Tara, come in wonder-wiccan, over" Xander mimed talking into his hand like it was a walkie- talkie, in order to get Tara's attention.

"Hey baby, you ok. Don’t worry ok? Everything is going according to plan. You should go with Buffy. Xander and I are going to go to the computer room now. I'll wait for your heads-up" with that, Willow kissed her soundly on the lips and ran after Xander, who had already begun to make his way over the chain link fence.

"Tara, you ok?" Buffy asked "You seem kinda out of it for the last ten minutes. Everything still hunky dory with you and Will, right?"

"Oh, yeah, sorry, I was just thinking about the past and you know, looking forward to the future. Willow's doing so great with the white magic now and its just been so amazing to connect with her again on all these levels, I mean just last night … I should really not tell you about last night, huh?" Tara finished quickly.

"Yes, you really don't need to give me the play by play of Willow and Tara's excellent sexventures. I so don't need the visuals right now, I mean slayer hearing alone.." Buffy trailed off as she stopped abruptly.

They had reached the main gate of the armory and Buffy had sense something amiss but since the gate was still closed, she turned her attention to Tara once again. It was truly unfortunate that she did not notice that although the gate was closed, the lock had been tampered with. They were too late, Warren and his bumbling idiots were already inside.

"So how are things with you and Spike?" Tara queried as both she and Buffy positioned themselves in the alley next to the armory. It did not give them a good view of the gate but it accorded them a clear view of the road leading towards the gate and thus they would be able to spot the three stooges making their way up.

"Complicated" Buffy replied. She was still feeling slightly askew, like something wasn't right but she could not pinpoint what exactly. So she continued answering Tara's question "Spike's, Spike, you know, I mean he's all with the big bad act but sometimes when he's not all putting up a show, I miss it. I'm just not sure if it’s him I miss or that I miss the feeling that he invoked in me, you know. Like I said, complicated. Not that my life has even been of the non-complicated variety. What with the slayer duties and the big ball of energy kid sister "

Tara nodded and moved forward so that she could give Buffy a hug. She knew that the slayer was trying so hard to be a part of this world and that any physical contact, from Spike or the Scooby gang could help anchor her once again in Sunnydale.

It was at this point when Buffy realized that things would change forever. If only she had paid more attention to her gut feeling. If only she had not brought Tara along. If only…… What happened next was surreal to say the least. Buffy remembered being enveloped in a sweet Tara-hug that suddenly ended unexpectantly.

Apparently, Warren, Andrew and Jonathan had already spotted both her and Tara as they emerged from the armory gate with their cache of weapons. Andrew had immediately proceeded to aim and fire his stun gun at the slayer but caught Tara instead.

The blast hid Tara's back with full capacity and forced the blonde wiccan to the ground. Her nerve endings futilely shooting off acetylcholine messages to her limbs to no avail. Just before unconsciousness claimed her, she inadvertently called out to Willow for help. Buffy, realizing what had happened quickly caught Tara before her inert body could hit the ground. She gently lowered her to the asphalt and positioned herself between Tara and the geek squad.

"God, slayer, don't you even learn, you're never going to win this. We’re smarter, better and have cooler weapons than you" Warren taunted while aiming a mean looking hand gun in her direction.

"God, Warren, don't you ever stop with the exposition" Buffy countered, "I mean, it's bad enough I have to fight you. Do I really need to listen to you as well?".

"Okay, fine, since you're don't want to hear me, How about I just shoot you and get you out of our way forever"

"Warren” Jonathan called nervously “You said the weapons were just for show?".

"Yeah, Warren, we're not going to really shoot her right" Andrew followed up “I mean we just need these to scare people, you said”.

"Shut up, SHUT UP! can't you guys just for once, do as I say. If you guys don't want to play in the big leagues, you can just leave. I don’t need you two cramping my plans"

"Yeah, why don't you guys just run along and leave Warren and his plan to me" Buffy shot back. She only hoped that she could distract Warren from Tara and manage to take him out at the same time.

Jonathan finally coming to his senses chimed in "You, know what, I think I am going to leave, I mean, Katrina's death sort of an accident but this. I don't want any part of this. I AM NOT going to be a part of this. Andrew you coming?".

With that, Jonathan turned and ran out of the alley leaving Warren and Buffy behind. He couldn’t believe he had been a part of that from the start. It was all suppose to be fun, you know. They were just trying to be cool and make things go their way for once. But Warren wasn’t just going to be satisfied with getting girls or money, he wanted to kill, to hurt people. He hoped Andrew did not feel the same way. As he ran further away from the alley, he realized that Andrew had indeed followed him. Now he just needed to convince him that they had to make amends. They had to tell the police what they had done. What Warren had made them do.

Back in the alley, Buffy was working out just how she was going to take Warren out. She was more than relieved that both Andrew and Jonathan had turned tail and run but that still left Warren and his gun.

"Buffy!!! , Tara!!" Willow called in the distance

Oh God ,no!, what the hell was Willow doing here.

Warren immediately swerved around just in time to see Willow coming around the corner and trained his gun on her.

Willow skidded to a halt .All she could focus on was Tara's inert form behind Buffy and Warren's gun. She wasn't thinking straight and Buffy could see that. So, taking matters into her own hands, Buffy launched herself at Warren with Mr Pointy in her hand.

Warren, seeing Buffy coming at him from the corner of his eye, turned once again and fired 2 shots off at the slayer, in rapid succession. The bullets caught Buffy in the shoulder and leg and brought her down to the ground with a thud.

Willow, witnessing all this, immediately started chanting a spell to remove Warren's gun or distract his aim. But it was all for naught, she could not concentrate as her vision was filled with Tara. Tara on the ground - dead or dying in the alley. Warren taking advantage of the situation, aimed and fired. And so she did not even feel the bullet tear into her side . She did not acknowledge the burning sensation and loss of feeling. All she could think of was of missed opportunities and how she did not get the chance to say I love you to Tara today as she tumbled to the ground.

Buffy never would have guessed that getting shot could be so painful. She had been stomped by demons, beaten by monsters and impaled by a vampire but Angel was right, getting shot hurt like a bitca. She fervently hoped that the last shot she heard was not aimed at Willow but her hopes were dashed as she slowly regained focus. She could see Warren slowly moving towards Willow's still form. She could smell the blood. Oh, God, she could smell Willow's lifeblood as it slowly seeped from her body. She had to stop Warren, she had to protect her friend - marshalling every ounce of slayer strength left, Buffy lifted herself off the ground with one hand, pulled back her other arm and let Mr pointy fly. Thankfully, It struck Warren at the back of his head, rendering him unconscious.

"Willow" she called out weakly "Come on, answer me, Willow, Willow!" but she knew deep down that Willow had been shot and was bleeding badly. She could smell it - the cordite from the gun and Willow's blood. -Why did it always have to be blood?. She noticed Tara stirring and watched as the blonde wiccan fought her way to consciousness.

The first thing that Tara realized was that her limbs were not really responding to any of her commands. The second thing she realized was that she could hear Buffy calling Willow. Why would Buffy be doing that? Willow was on the other side of the block, wasn't she?

Tara slowly raised her herself off the ground and physically recoiled from the sight that greeted her. Her beloved was sprawled face up on the sidewalk and, god, the blood, so much blood. So red, like her hair, so much red. Buffy was on the ground as well and looked no better but at least she was concious. She was trying to drag herself towards Willow and she was bleeding from her shoulder and her leg. Tara slowly began to drag her body towards Willow as well, while letting all her fears and nightmares come to the surface in the only way she knew how - it came out as a keening wail. One that she held until it was eventually drowned out by police and ambulance sirens.

That was what Buffy most remembered from that night. The smell of Willow's blood, and the sound of a broken Tara. The rest of it was a blur.

Xander told her he had stayed behind to call the police and ambulance, the minute Willow received the distress call from Tara. By the time he had arrived, Willow and Buffy were both being loaded into the ambulance , Tara was nearly catatonic and Warren was being arrested by the police.

Buffy had regained consciousness when they reached the hospital, she had been put on pain killers She knew that with her slayer healing, she would probably be back on her feet in no time. She was far more worried for Willow, who had been shot in the side and who had loss so much blood. She remembered hearing all the doctors' words as they worked on Willow in the next room.

"God, the bullet tore right through her, there's definitely tearing of some nerve fibers in her spinal cord. We need to treat the lacerations immediately. Put her on methylprednisolone and we'll see if we can fix the damage. I really don't think she's going to come out of this whole. How's the other one doing?"

"She's lost some blood, the bullets passed clean through, though. She should good as new or at least better than her friend. She was lucky, no major organs or arteries hit"

"Attention, attention Ladies and gentlemen, United Airlines flight 20 has just landed at gate 2". The speaker above her head again jolted Buffy out of her memories.

Well, the doctors were right, she did heal and was fine, almost good as new on the outside. Her leg ached every now and then but at least she could feel it, unlike Willow who could not feel much anymore.

As she looked over at Tara, she suddenly saw, suddenly realized that Tara never really did stop her keening wail - She had just learnt to internalize it. . If you listened closely enough, she could still hear it, in every caress Tara bestowed upon Willow and in every glance and look she gave to all of them.

God, how did things turn out so dark?

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 23, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 6:56 pm 
Jomarch, don't worry about the medical jargon, (now THERE'S a wierd word, jargon) and I think the action was excellent. Impatiently waiting for more.

------------------
"No, no potions. It's not magic, it's chemistry. You can tell by how damn slow it is!" Willow 'Doublemeat Palace'

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:18 pm 
Excellent jomarch!! The action was gripping, and I love the interactions between W/T and B/T.

This last paragraph was particularly moving:

quote:
Originally posted by jomarch:
As she looked over at Tara, she suddenly saw, suddenly realized that Tara never really did stop her keening wail - She had just learnt to internalize it. . If you listened closely enough, she could still hear it, in every caress Tara bestowed upon Willow and in every glance and look she gave to all ofthem.

quote:
Ok, I am not a doctor but I play one on the pens board ! (Hey Owl, hey Pixie, want an exam???).

Uh, okay. *Pixie starts setting out a paper gown, blood pressure cuff, and the little light-y thingy doctors use to look in your ears.* Oh, that's not what you meant?

[This message has been edited by Pixie (edited March 23, 2002).]quote:quote:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 7:22 pm 
jomarch, great story. really looking forward to more!

------------------
She's my everything!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:16 pm 
Excellent description in the action scenes...I'm enjoying this fic a lot.

Michelle

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:43 pm 
wow... i was for lack of better phrasing, blown away by this update... the last paragraph good goddess, i felt that...

amazing... more more!

------------------
i'm gonna be a fireman when the floods roll back...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:59 pm 
That last paragraph was way intense.

Can't wait for the next part.

-----------------------
Once you fall for Willow, you stay fallen.
Buffy to Willow about Tara in Normal Again

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2002 11:30 pm 
This fic is really angsty with our girls still lost and in the dark, especially Tara. I hope they find each other soon. And, yeah, I have to agree, the last paragraph was really intense. And the action scenes are just great. So, when's the next update?

------------------
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul... - Pablo Neruda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 12:32 am 
Jomarch: Very cool and dark fic, I really hope that you write some Willow and Tara goodness soon, I can't wait to read more.

Lonewolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 5:26 pm 
Hi everyone. Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback. Am currently at work and in the middle of another conference all (Thank God for the mute button).

*DaRebel* - More will be coming and thanks for liking the action stuff. I wasn't sure if if came off ok.

*Pixie* - HI. Always love to hear from you. That paragraph got to me as well. So, is that a yes on the exam

*Tiggrscorpio* - More is on the way.

*Mini-ALF* - Glad you're enjoying the ride but it may get a bit bumpy.

*bulldog_tidnab* - Thanks for the wow. I always like to get wows!

*ForeverPiper* - Thanks and the next part is coming.

*daydreamer* - I really did not want it to angsty or dark but that's the way its coming out. But it does get better or has better moments.

*Lonewolf* - The W & T goodness does not come for a few more chapters as I'm still doing some flashbacks in Ch 4 with Giles. BUT there will be smoochies etc. I can gurantee

Good news is my Beta reader (Hi Owl) is back but she has trouble getting access to her computer. Is it ok if I post the next Ch unbeta'ed???

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:56 pm 
Yahhhh, Owl is back and Ch 4a is now good to go (Does dance of Joy that Owl is back and dancelooks suspiciously like John Travolta's Vincent Vega dance in pulp fiction, only not).

Note : Ok, guys, remember when I said somewhere in the beginning that this would not be too ansgty. Well, I can¡¦t figure out why but it¡¦s veering in that general direction. I keep writing and these angsty thoughts keep coming out. Just hang in there, there are better moments in Chapter 4b, 5 & 6 (along with the requisite angst) . BUT AS GOD AS MY WITNESS (spoken in Carol Burnette speaking as Scarlette O¡¦ Hara voice) it will end well but it may be a bumpy ride.

Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday.
Rating - PG .
Title : For All your Good Intentions

Chapter 4a

"Giles!" Dawn cried out. "It's Giles! Do you think he heard me? Giles!, Giles!" she rattled on excitedly.

"If he was still in England, he would have heard you, Dawnie," Willow added helpfully as she wheeled herself towards the approaching ex-watcher.

Giles watched from a distance as his slayer and the scoobies once again gathered in front of him. Throwing English reserve out the window, he immediately enveloped Dawn, Anya, Tara and Xander in a hug before bending down to give Willow a bear hug of her own. He did notice that Buffy was hanging in the back, and how could he blame her? He knew that she had felt abandoned by him. That she probably thought of him in the same vein that she thought of Hank Summers. Still, this was a chance for him to try and get through to her - to try and make her see that everytime he left, it hurt him so much more that she could imagine.

"Hello, Buffy. You're looking well," he commented, trying to draw her out.

"Is that all you brought?" she indicated the bag he was carrying over his shoulder, "or do you need me to pick up your luggage?" she finished, shuffling from one foot to another. She really did not know how to react around him anymore. She had tried to treat him like a mentor but he had slowly became so much more - Mentor, Father, Priest and Friend. She had to keep reminding herself not to get too used to his presence. He would not stay for long. He never did anymore.

"No, I have some boxes that I had to check in, some books and gifts."

"Gifts?" Anya cut in, "there are gifts? Well, then Xander and I will go and get the boxes while you drive back with Buffy. I am assuming you will be staying with Buffy and not wasting money on a hotel room."

Well, I... I was going to stay at a hotel, as much as I appreciate the couch, I think it would be better..

"If you stay with Xander." Anya again cut Giles off. Now that I think of it, that makes more sense. I mean, Xander has that extra room and he lives all alone, anyway. We'll drive you back and we can all meet at Buffy's later for the requisite get together with food and drinks

Before Giles could object again, Willow wheeled herself forward, took his hand and pulled him along while she navigated the wheel with her other free hand. "Come on Giles, its just like old times, the Scooby gang is back together again. And I wanted to show you why I'm called the Willowwheels. Well, no one actually calls me that yet but they should!"

Tara and Buffy both looked at their retreating backs each thinking exactly the same thought for totally different reasons - it was nothing like old times. It can never be like old times.There were too many new physical and mental scars. All still red and tender, all never really healed.

The ride to Xander's apartment did not take too long, and Giles found himself ushered into a nicely furnished guest room. Anya had explained that the room had to be re-decorated after Xander's Uncle Rory had had one too many drinks at their ill-fated wedding and came back to do a little re-decorating of his own. "Don't worry," she had assured him, the stains and smells did come out eventually and Xander had actually extracted money from his uncle for the damage. Some things didn't change. But so many others had.

When Anya had first contacted him to get Giles to come back, he was hesitant. Not that he did not want to see them, on the contrary, his apartment in Bath was filled with pictures of all the scoobies. They were the only children he would ever have and he loved all of them more that he could ever articulate. But they were grown adults. They needed to make their own way and he had convinced himself that he had done the right thing. Had made the right choice. But Anya was persistent. She would tell him of Tara's sad bouts that were getting more and more frequent. About how Willow seemed to take it upon herself to appear strong, in control and happy regardless of the situation. It was similar to what had happen when Buffy died and she assumed the mantle of leadership. The only difference was that then, Tara was always there to help support Willow.

Anya's calls were so frequent that he knew she was extremely worried. She was not the type to waste her hard earned dollars on transatlantic calls. But that was not the only reason he had come back. He wished to God it was. He wished that he could for once face these brave people with good intent, not with any council agenda. But he was a watcher and he had a duty to protect all the earth even at the expense of those he loved, a lesson he had learnt repeatedly but never seemed to grasp.

When he had left the second time, it was Tara and Dawn keeping him informed of the goings on in Sunnyhell (as Dawn so quaintly called it). They would take turns telling him about their week, about Willow¡¦s problems and recovery, Buffy¡¦s money woes and Xander and Anya¡¦s upcoming nuptials. Their call always ended with a plea from Dawn asking him to visit and his stock answer of soon - I¡¦ll be there soon. When he saw the wedding invitation in the mail, he had wanted to book the first flight out but instead just sent flowers - huge expensive bouquets of lilies, roses, orchids and such. He hoped they would convey to Anya and Xander his love and approval. He just could not come back, it was for the best - They were adults and he was not needed.

Then came the blasted call. The call telling him that Buffy and Willow were shot and that he had to come. Xander had called frantic and crying, telling him that Willow was in surgery and Buffy had been shot by Warren. He had to come back, they did not know if Willow would make it. Tara was in shock and crying in gasping sobs while Dawn and Anya were rushing to the hospital. They needed him.

That flight was a blur of gin and tonics and nightmarish visions of having to attend another funeral for a friend. At the hospital, he found his ex-charges sitting huddled in Buffy¡¦s hospital room. The slayer looked pale and so very small. Dawn had grown another inch or two. Anya had her head on Xander¡¦s shoulder and Tara, God, she looked so lost. Not lost in her mind -but lost, as if her entire spirit was gone, not only her mind.

"Willow?" he asked as he stepped into the room. "Where's Willow?" he repeated.

"Giles!" Dawn launched herself at him. You came back, you're here!" she sobbed into his shirt "Don't leave..." she whispered.

"Willow's in the ICU," Xander rasped. His voice was hoarse on account of all the crying he had done on the phone to Giles and to Willow's parents, and throughout the night. Crying because his two bestest buds had got hurt, crying because he could not do anything for them and crying because it beat going after Warren for revenge as much as he wanted to.

With one hand around Dawn's shoulder, Giles made his way over to Tara and pulled her into a hug. He felt her respond slightly and gave up a small prayer to God for that small miracle.

¡§Buffy, this is a blasted tragedy and one which I wished none of us had to endure but you must put the blame on the person responsible and only the person responsible¡¨ Giles spoke, as he knew exactly what his slayer was thinking.

¡§Yes, me¡¨ Buffy whispered as she looked down at her hands, ¡§I wasn¡¦t fast enough or smart enough to stop Warren. Willow paid the price¡¨

Xander immediately answered back ¡§That¡¦s bull, Buffy and you know it. You didn¡¦t shoot Willow, Warren did¡¨

¡§A, An A ¡Kand I was the one who put her in danger¡¨ Tara¡¦s soft alto voice cut through, ¡§I called her to us so that she could, so that she, Oh God, I almost got ..¡¨ Tara started to hyperventilate. ¡§I , Willow, oh God!, I did that! ¡¨

¡§Shh, its ok, let it out, just let it out. It¡¦s not your fault either. It¡¦s not, I promise, it wasn¡¦t you, just let it out¡¨ Anya crooned swaying back and forth, as she held on to the blonde witch. She figured if she held on hard enough, she would be able to hold Tara together and not let her fall apart. She hoped she was right.

The doctor had come in later to give them an update. Buffy was extremely lucky, the bullets passed cleaned through. Willow¡¦s injuries were slightly more severe, the bullet had tore some of her nerve fibres and she would be paralyzed from the waist down. There was some hope, most people with injuries like her¡¦s could still regain some functions between a week and 6 months after injury, but the likelihood of spontaneous recovery diminishes after 6 months. It had been over a year since then. In all likelihood, Willow would be spending the rest of her life in that chair. God he could use a drink.

¡§Giles, hey G-man. You, ok in there? I was going to grab a bite to eat before going over to Buffy¡¦s. Trust me, always stock up before going over there, you never know if you¡¦re going to be trapped or tied in the basement¡¨ Xander joked easily through the door.

¡§Yes, I believe you¡¦re quite right, that¡¦s a good idea. I¡¦ll be out in a minute¡¨ Giles answered as he made his way over to one of his boxes. Taking out several gaily wrapped presents, he found what he was looking for. The Tiberius manifesto, thought lost, but only misplaced by the half-wits that ruled the council. It was from this book that they had gleaned knowledge about Glory and her plan. Like the Pergamum Codex, it contained prophesies for the slayers throughout the generations, including the one prophesy he was here to stop.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:33 pm 
That's right, I'm baaack. (Actually, I'm away, visiting my family. But I am back in the sense that I have access to a computer. yay!) And Jomarch is one speedy little kitten. I get my betaage sent - all transatlantically, too, and Bam! Here it is on the board already.

Jomarch - your dancing is lovely, just lovely! Same goes for your writing. I'm anxious to know what happens next. (Which means I'll get the next bit will get beta'ed asap!) ps. didn't know if ogine was a word or not, so left it.

Jomarch!

[This message has been edited by Owl (edited March 24, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:48 pm 
Don't you just love the computer age .

You are a speedy beta as well so thank you and ogine is not a word. Just my bad spelling. I think I was going to go for gone. Ah well, off to another meeting. Maybe i will try some yiddish .

PS Have fun with your family and forget about the beta. Family is important.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 24, 2002).]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 7:48 pm 
Another prophecy? Now, you got me all curious... Oh, man! Don't tell me it's another apocalypse the Scooby Gang would have to face. How much more can Tara and Willow take? I want the smoochies now!!! Okay, overreacty here. Should have taken your word that it'll be a bumpy and angsty ride before the major smoochies. This fic just keeps getting better and better. Keep it up, jomarch. Can't wait for the next part, a longer one hopefully.

------------------
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul... - Pablo Neruda

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:48 pm 
Propecy? They do those monthly! It's cool that you have decided to write one Loved the descripition of Everyone at the base. It was so intense. And old reliable Giles' (wait wrong perons's nickname, opps) I mean patriachal giles back to the rescue!
-Will

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 12:34 am 
A prophecy! Another prophecy!! We don't have enough angst? Okay, it's official, I'm getting out my harness. Owl, as the inside, uh, beta I trust you to let us know what other accessories we may need so we can be ready. (Hey, ketzeleh! Hope you're enjoying Delaware.)

I love Giles' emotional conflict, and also Buffy's determination not to allow herself to let him in again - it's so real. *sigh*

Jomarch, about that exam....sure! (Owl, you can examine me later!) Although, between the pantiless cheerleading on Sassette's thread and the frolicking on the spoiler free island, you've probably seen everything already! (Note to self: when with parents this week for Passover, don't overshare! Mom: So what have you been doing, honey? Pixie: Well, I've been spending lots of time eating cheesecake naked with lots of other oiled, naked people on this island. It's been lots of fun! We have gum drops, and trampolines, and space hoppers, and at night we swim, or sing lullabies, and sleep all together in one big cuddle puddle! Uh, Mom? Mom? Dad, call 911!)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 3:00 pm 
Damn Jomarch, *bangs head on keyboard*, you rock!! *ouch, shit, that hurt* You are the woman... keep going, don't leave us hanging. I don't think I can bear it..

------------------
We few, We Mighty Few!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 5:18 pm 
Good morning (well, its morning where I'm at, so humour me). Thanks for the feedback.

*Owl* - I give you leave to stop beta'ing. have fun with your family . Thanks so much for seriuosly having more faith in my writing than I do.

*daydreamer* - Hi, do you really want me to give away the whole story now??? Don't worry, I'll break up the angsts with some happy moments, I swear.

*willntlover* - I believe you can buy prophecies by the dozen now . Available at the kitten emporium.

*Pixie* - You said YES to the exam, Cool.Sorry about making you use your harness though but I'll post 4b soon.

*Drakkenfyre* - Thanks so much and now I must add in my disclaimer that no kittens should hurt themselves when reading this story. .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:24 pm 
quote:
Originally posted by Pixie:
Well, I've been spending lots of time eating cheesecake naked with lots of other oiled, naked people on this island. It's been lots of fun! We have gum drops, and trampolines, and space hoppers, and at night we swim, or sing lullabies, and sleep all together in one big cuddle puddle!

That description almost makes me want to give up my life as a spoiler ho. Almost.

And Jomarch, loving your story so far, despite the fact I can smell the angst in the air. There are gonna be cliffhangers aren't there? Lots and lots of them. They're like drugs to fic writers, they can never squeeze enough of them into one story. Be gentle.

CK

------------------
"Do you wanna go out some time, for coffee, food, kisses and gay love?" Willow - Normal Again.
quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:45 pm 
Sorry, didn't mean to cause anyone else undo pain, but I couldn't help myself. I found myself getting closer and closer to my monitor and then the story stopped and I had nowhere else to go but down.(oops, freudian slip there) I promise not to hurt myself in the future if you promise to keep writing. DEAL???

------------------
"We few, we happy few.."
"We band of buggered.."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:50 pm 
Faithful readers - I have just finished the most recent bit of betaage. So hopefully, jomarch will get it and post the update soon...

I took the kind advice and had some good Family Time today. I went canoeing with my mum. The weather was perfect. Crisp and cool. It was lovely, but I learned some very important things about canoeing:
1) Do not take the dog canoeing. He will treat it as the worst form of torture anyone has ever thought up, and try very, very hard to capsize the vessel. Aagh! Water cold. Immersion bad.
2) Do not leave the paddles at home.
Sister's vehicle is far larger than reasonable and will run out of gas on the way home to retrieve aforementioned paddles.

I am starting my own club of Kittens in Defense of Plaid. (we're trying to come up with a better name) If anyone wants to join me, I'll be over here, wearing plaid, and tapping away at the keyboard furiously.
Confused? You'll understand soon.

Mum is snoring away happily on the couch, so looks like Family Time is over. and...Part 3b got all wonky at the end, somehow, with the punctuation and all.... Most odd.

[This message has been edited by Owl (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 6:55 pm 
You're such a tease Owl. But you're lookin all kinds of sexy in that plaid.

------------------
"Do you wanna go out some time, for coffee, food, kisses and gay love?" Willow - Normal Again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:09 pm 
Hi, guys. have just finished another conference call from hell while trying to put all of Owl's changes in the Chapter. I wanted to just cut and paste it but I had added some stuff last minute (Again I say thank god for the mute button).

Hi CK, nice to hear from you and I promise not that many cliffhangers just gentle slopes, really! But yes, angst is here but hopefully not too much of that too.

Sorry about the cliffhanger Drakkenfyre, ohh, your poor head. Well, here's the next part and just a gentle drop at the end.

Owl - I am so sorry about the plaid. CK is right, you do look all sexy in it. I really am changing my mind. Buffy may not but i am

Note : Good news is that this does not end in a major cliffhanger. Still not much smoochies for our beloved couple but I promise happier moments in Ch5 & 6. Really, ask Owl, she has Ch 5

Disclaimer - All characters, names etc belong to ME. I am just borrowing them for this short while in order to make them do what I want for a change instead of waiting to see what happens every Tuesday.
Rating - PG .
Title : For All your Good Intentions

Chapter 4b

¡§Ohhh prezzies, we just love prezzies¡¨ Willow squealed as she opened the door to Giles and Xander, their hands full of gifts.

Her maneuverability in the chair astounded Giles. She expertly wheeled herself backwards towards the living room while balancing a tray of drinks on her lap. The house looked the same but he knew that changes had been made to accommodate Willow¡¦s chair. The furniture had been re-arranged and ramps had been built to the front door and back. He knew that the bedrooms were still upstairs and wondered how Willow was going to accomplish that. He would see later, he supposed.

He made his way into the kitchen where he could hear Buffy, Tara and Anya discussing his return.

¡§So why is he here? I mean there¡¦s no big bad, no ones been shot. Why come back now?¡¨

Buffy always did want to get to the point, he smiled paternally.

¡§Well, maybe he just missed us and wanted to come back. It¡¦s been over a year and he may want to see the improvements I have done to the Magic Box. They have increased profits by 15%¡¨

¡§I,..I th. think that we should just wait for Mr. Giles to tell us in his own time.¡¨ As she turned, she saw him hovering at the kitchen entrance, Hi, Mr. Giles. Hope you¡¦re not jet lagged¡¨ Tara greeted him.

¡§No, no, I managed a bit of a rest at Xander¡¦s. Can I help with anything?¡¨

¡§It¡¦s ok, we¡¦re finished here¡¨ Buffy answered curtly as she moved around him to get to the living room.

¡§She¡¦s just¡Kshe¡¦ll be ok now that you¡¦re back¡¨ Anya patted his shoulder and followed after Buffy.

¡§It¡¦s really is good to see you Mr. Giles, we¡¦ve all missed you so very much. It¡¦s been a difficult year. We¡¦re ALL glad you¡¦re back¡¨ Tara smiled and ushered him into the living room.

Yes but for how long, Giles thought to himself. He could hear Dawn trying to figure out what was wrapped in the presents. He had better distribute them and hope that they would still be accepted after he told them the reason, the real reason he was back.

¡§Does it sound like car keys? It could be car keys¡K.¡¨ Dawn was busy trying to shake a little green box.

¡§It¡¦s not car keys, Dawn. You¡¦re not getting a car. We¡¦re Summerses, we¡¦re not meant to drive¡¨ Buffy shot back.

¡§Mom drove.¡¨ Realizing what she had said, Dawn quietly went back to examining the presents.

¡§Well, I believe it is customary to bring presents after being absent for some time¡¨ Giles exclaimed as he made his way over to the sofa where Dawn sat.

¡§I¡¦m afraid you¡¦re sister is right Dawn, it¡¦s not car keys¡¨ he said as he handed her the green box.

Dawn immediately tore the wrapping and found a beautiful intricate locket on a fine gold chain.

¡§That was my mother¡¦s. She wanted me to give it to my daughter. It¡¦s yours, Dawn. I hope you understand the significance of that.¡¨ Giles explained softly, trying to convey his love in that short explanation. Dawn nodded, her eyes filling with tears.

¡§ Now Willow, this is for you. Mind you, I did not pick it out but the man at the computer store did tell me that it¡¦s very popular. I believe it¡¦s called an I-pod. There¡¦s also a signed copy of Edward Lorenz¡¦s book. I believe you were looking for it ¡¨ Giles smiled as he handed over the packages.

¡§Oh, my God, Giles, that¡¦s great, thank you¡K.., thank you so much¡¨ Willow bounced up and down in her chair.

¡§Tara, I got you some prints from the Tate and a palette that I used to use when I considered myself an artist back at university¡¨ Giles said handing her the flat package ¡§I remember how much you love art.¡¨ He smiled at the shy blonde.

Turning to Xander, he continued, ¡§ Xander, did you know my great grandfather helped Sir Horace Jones and Sir John Wolfe-Barry build the Tower Bridge, I guess not since it wasn't public knowledge. But I though you might like one of the original drawing plans.¡¨ Giles held them out and was surprised when Xander drew him into a hug.

¡§Yes, well¡¨ Giles tried to compose himself, he did have 2 more presents to give out, 2 very important gifts.

¡§As for you, Anya - these are papers giving you a majority share in the Magic Box. You have truly earned them.¡¨ He had been planning to do that for quite some time. Anya had indeed made the Magic Box more of a success than he ever could and he loved her for it and for keeping him abreast of the goings on in Sunnydale.

He noticed that Buffy was watching all this with relative silence, as she sat in the armchair facing him. He also noticed that she had picked up that there were no more packages left. No other present to give out. He took a deep breath and plunged ahead ¡§Buffy, I, I did not get you anything. My present to you, well my present to you is my presence, actually. It means, I¡¦m moving back to Sunnydale. If you don¡¦t want me as your watcher then I¡¦ll stay as your friend. I promise I won¡¦t leave¡¨

Her expression did not change as she got up and walked towards the sofa. He was almost afraid that she had not heard, that she did not want him to stay but then she launched herself at him and hung on for dear life. She whispered over and over into his shoulder, ¡§Don¡¦t ever leave¡K.. Promise me¡¨. All he could do was nod and hug her back.

After the food had been demolished and the presents admired, the gang once again found themselves in the living room. Sated and happy, that all the people whom they loved were right there with them. Willow and Tara were on the sofa listening to some Dar Williams songs that Willow had managed to download. Anya was telling Xander her future plans for the shop, perhaps a franchise.

Dawn was sitting at Buffy¡¦s feet on the armchair and he was just coming back from the kitchen when she asked the question he was dreading.

¡§Giles, I am definitely with the Woo and Hoo that you¡¦re back and here to stay. But why now, why not last week or next month?¡¨

He saw that they had all looked up at that. All waiting for him to renounce that as balderdash. To tell them that he missed them and that was all. He wanted to lie, he wanted to run but in the end, he settled for the truth.

¡§There¡¦s a prophecy¡¨ he said as he reached into his pocket for the manifesto.

¡§But this prophecy is more puppy dogs and chocolate goodness right Giles? I mean for once we got lucky, right. Its no the end of the world stuff, this time¡¨ Xander said hopefully.

¡§Well, its not that simple. You see, when Mayor Wilkins was alive for as long as he was, he made deals with a number of Demons, demons like Lurconis. Deals that required ritual sacrifices at certain intervals. It was a symbiotic relationship. The Demons were appeased and the mayor could go on with his unnatural life.¡¨

¡§Who¡¦s Lurconis?¡¨ both Tara and Anya asked simultaneously.

¡§Yeah, big scary demon, worshiped by the mayor, ate babies, Buffy killed it¡¨ Willow summed up nicely.

¡§Don¡¦t tell me, so now that the mayor¡¦s all deader than dead, his going to miss one of these rituals and the Demon in question is not going to be happy¡¨ Buffy continued.

¡§Yes, quite right. The demon is called Han¡¦thu Ladsha. It¡¦s from a very old demon lineage. Very powerful. Its followers periodically gave it human sacrifices to appease it and to reap rewards of power and success¡¨

¡§Fine Giles but what happens when it finds that there¡¦s not going to be a Machappy person to eat this time - end of the world¡K.. we¡¦ll be force to wear plaid¡K..What?¡¨

¡§Well, I believe it will try and open the Glory¡¦s portal¡¨

¡§What!¡¨ Dawn looked frightened ¡§It was only suppose to be that one time and Buffy closed it, how can it be opened again. I¡¦m not the key anymore!¡¨

¡§No, Dawn, you¡¦re not the key anymore. This demon is very powerful and would want maximum destruction and the area where the portal opened is still a nexus of magical energy. The short time that it remained opened, it acted as a beacon for the demons of this world. If any of the more powerful ones were called, they could try and re-open it with their own blood spell. A spell that has been lost for generations to us and most demons, except one. A spell that we recently found in this book¡¨ he finished as he held up the book.

¡§ So you¡¦re saying that any old demon can just waltz in here and open a portal that a God had a hard time opening. Gotta love the Hellmouth - always keeps you on your toes¡¨ Xander sighed.

¡§Well, Glory was forcibly kicked out of her dimension so she needed to perform a very specific spell to let herself back in. This demon, this Han¡¦thu Ladsha wasn¡¦t kicked out, he just needs to find the door and open it.¡¨ Giles responded.

¡§So, how do I kill it ?¡¨¡K¡K Buffy said, once again coming to the point

¡§You don¡¦t, you need to close the portal for good¡¨ Giles replied

¡§Ok¡K.. Is that some kind of English council code that allows me to kill it but does not want to take the responsibility¡¨ Buffy asked.

¡§No, you see, you can most definitely kill the demon but there will always be others. The most pressing thing is to seal the portal forever¡¨ Giles took off his glasses and began to clean them.

¡§I thought I did that, you know what with the jumping and sacrificing my life and giving up my summer on the beach last year!.¡¨ Uh oh¡K¡KGiles is cleaning his glasses, either he does not want to see us or he does not want to say what he has to say, Buffy thought to herself.

¡§The Tiberius manifesto says that she who closed the portal can seal it forever with blood and magic - A spell that has to be performed during the full moon. The spell casters have to cut your palms and drain some of your blood as a sacrificial offering that can seal the portal forever and dissipate the magical energy surrounding the area. You need to trust the two spell casters absolutely, have no doubt in your mind. One has to cut you while the other will recite the spell.¡¨

Realization dawned on Willow ¡§No. No Giles, I¡K.. we¡K." she indicated to Tara ¡§We don¡¦t do magic anymore. We just don¡¦t. No spell, we¡¦re NOT doing a spell¡¨

¡§Mr. Giles, why can¡¦t you or some members of the council perform the spell?¡¨ Tara asked , while trying to calm Willow.

¡§The casters have to be in sync and trusted by Buffy. I¡¦m afraid my absence here has ruled me out and that of any council member¡¨ Giles replied.

Surprisingly, Anya burst in ¡§Magic, MAGIC!, you waste good Magic Box profits to fly down here to ask Willow and Tara to do MAGIC. What are you? Stupid! Even I learnt that lesson last year. Where were you?¡¨

¡§Uh, Anya, Giles wasn¡¦t at my birthday party last year¡K..¡¨

¡§Even so¡¨ Anya huffed.

¡§An, honey, I don¡¦t think Giles has any choice¡¨ Xander tried to soothe her.

¡§Well, you just have to come up with some other plan Mr.-Council- Watcher -Guy- with-the-books-and-the-bad-news. I won¡¦t do it, I can¡¦t. We don¡¦t do magic anymore¡¨ turning to Buffy, Willow asked ¡§Could you carry me to my chair, I think I need some fresh air. I need to be out of here. I don¡¦t want this.¡¨

Buffy complied and a few minutes later, Willow rolled out the front door, slamming it behind her. Tara, looked around and finally rose ¡§I ha .. have to go after her, its dark out¡¨ and she followed her love.

[This message has been edited by jomarch (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:19 pm 
FABO Thanks for the update, way cool story. Why do I thunk there is more going on than we are being told...hum......

------------------
"As God as my witness I thought Turkeys could fly." L.Nesman, WKRP

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:34 pm 
Hey Owl, I forgot to add that I put the Edward Lorenz stuff in for you .

*Karzia* - Hmmm,now what makes you say that???

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:41 pm 
AAAAAAAGGGGH! Wonkiness again!
What's up with that? Is it wonky on your screen, jomarch? Other folks? 'cause it's real wonky over here. I feel like a bad beta - because, even though I did not create the wonkiness (to my knowledge), it is there, and I can't fix it! Again, i say AAAgghhh!

P.S. Thanks for the kind words, CanadianKitty.
Jomarch, CHAOS! Hurrah for chaos! (except fot the kind that causes wonkiness.) Danke. Did you really use the Yiddish? cool.

[This message has been edited by Owl (edited March 25, 2002).]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 7:44 pm 
Hey Jomarch, *still rubbing head* okay, is there a reason you like to hurt me? What did I ever do to you? Please help me, I can't take much more
No, you don't understand, I really can't take much more(notice angst in voice)

------------------
"We few, we happy few.."
"We band of buggered.."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2002 8:19 pm 
Willow yelling, very sexy.
-Will

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next