The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's the board's back Thursday, MKF 10/03/02
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:42 pm 
Well since the board was down, no daily thread was started, it'll be time to start a new one soon, but I just wanted for today to have one ;)

The question, how much did you miss the Kitten? The board has been down before many times, but this time, it was down a l-o-n-g time, what did you miss most about it?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:46 pm 
I missed the bitterness. Sigh.

I missed the posters who never fail to make things interesting.

I missed pretty much everything.

I'm so glad it's back! Yay!!!!! :love

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:49 pm 
Well, I was quite busy at work so it lessened the loss, but also I spent a large part of the day IM'ing with another Kitten. So that helped as well.

As for that other Kitten, let me count the ways... ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:53 pm 
A day (plus a half) at work never lasted so long. Not being able to regularly check in with the board was brutal. You'd think I would have been able to get more work done. But not the case. I need that kitten fix to keep me going. It was like starvation. Or withdrawal. Or something. It was just plain wrong.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:53 pm 
I missed the board
THIS
much.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:59 pm 
you know what, I totally missed it. And god I missed everything about it. EVERYTHING. I love you guys :cry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:00 pm 
Oh I so missed the board, that when I finally got back to the kitten I felt like one of those green jumpy things :bounce ! Really I felt like an addict who needed her "fix", but luckily I can finally catch up (especially the great stories on the Pens board), yay!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:04 pm 
i SOOOOO missed it. and it was especiialy dissapointing for me because the first time i got the notice i failed to notice the "PM" part so i was thinking, "oh well just over night that's fine" and then morning came and i was all "dashitall!"
plus ive been avoiding writing a paper all day and this is main verrrrrrry much better use of time than paper writing.
and there was aly conan yummy outfitness to discuss. see? so much can happen in a day......
i love this place.
:)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:05 pm 
Did get a boat load of work done but just missed that homey feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:09 pm 
Yeah, Proboards isn't even close.

I missed it quite a bit, but I was teaching my son to play basketball today so I would not have been on much anyway.

BTW, he loves it. I even got him to say "I wanna be like Mike!"

Later!

Warlock

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:20 pm 
I like freaking had to totally work heads down all day long because this board was gone. I had no kitten breaks at all. pleck.

On the other hand I did manage to churn out a 48 page proposal.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:26 pm 
Wait - the Board was down?

I missed it immensely. I almost had to go and speak to real people without my Kitten community. It was bad. Let us never speak of it again.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:29 pm 
I was going through withdrawal symptoms. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:38 pm 
Oooooooooo [i:4dc1c13d21] tosses self at board and holds on for dear life[/i:4dc1c13d21] It's Back!!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:42 pm 
Oh my god. That was just awful. I couldn't stand it. Just knowing that I [i:6abd66b61f] couldn't[/i:6abd66b61f] access the board made me want to 10x more than usual.

Thank god it's back!

Amy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:47 pm 
Let's go Red Wings!!!
Sorry just needed that

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:48 pm 
It was painful! I needed my escape from reality, to read the update of 'Camp Flutie', rant in the Season Seven board, and laugh at Kitten bumper stickers. Instead I could only growl at the evil ezyboard message, "we expect to be back up at 8am" and curse loudly and frequently. And actually get some uni assignments done.

:grin Yay for the board being back! Back to procrastination ;)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:52 pm 
Oh, god. It was [i:d22b9dcfb0] bad[/i:d22b9dcfb0]. Because I may not post tons, but, I do read lots and lots, yes I do! So the day did feel awfully empty, compared to usual.

But it's ok now, yay!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:43 pm 
I have to agree with Amy, just knowing that I couldn't access it made me want to get on the board more. *laugh* I have had a long couple of days and I really missed it last night. I come home from work, eat, read the kitty and go to bed. Very glad it is back today! :D

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:59 pm 
Its back! :bounce . Oh how I missed The Kitty. You just never realize how important it is till it's gone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:22 pm 
Just delurking to say I can't believe how much I missed the board. I mean I know it said it wouldn't be back up until 8pm and yet I couldn't stop myself from checking every few hours today. So happy it's back!

carrissa

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 8:35 pm 
I missed it a lot. I like to log on when I have downtime in between music students, or late at night. Even though I feed on the bitterness:wink , reading the Kitten also helps me to unwind after a long day spent hearing some very grating sounds.

Reading this board is like inviting a few hundred very interesting people into my home. Which, if I tried to do it in real life, would be like trying to stuff an army into a phone booth.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:05 pm 
OK, so I signed on at my usual early morning hour of 3am EST only to be greeted by the message that ezboards would be down until [b:633fc6e7c7] 6am PST[/b:633fc6e7c7]. I forgot the time zone thing so I signed on at 6am EST and was told ezboards would be back up at [b:633fc6e7c7] 8am PST[/b:633fc6e7c7]. Then I remembered the time change and signed on again at 11am EST. "We expect to be back up at [b:633fc6e7c7] 8pm PDT[/b:633fc6e7c7]." WTF?! Were we supposed to set our clocks back today? I was so confused. I felt lied to, betrayed. How could they do this to me? I was so angry that I thought about writing ezboards an angry letter. I was cussing and I actually hit the computer screen.

In the end I didn't really miss the Kitten much at all. Felt like home to me. :p

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:14 pm 
I missed this board loads!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:19 pm 
You know you really need to get a life when you've been so buried in work you didn't know the board was down until just now . . . . :spin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:09 pm 
That was a really weird Thursday - with no Kittens to entertain and educate me.

Let's not do that again anytime soon, okay? [img:a4f1d12938]http://homepage.eircom.net/~mollyig/winkgreen.gif[/img:a4f1d12938]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:13 pm 
never scare me like that again...!
That non-kittenboard day was very very tough to handle...
I got bored as hell!
Glad, it's back! :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:43 pm 
woo hoo!!! :bounce :bounce

ok... fine... *composes herself*

I'm just so glad the board is back!!!

and may we never lose it again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 10:57 pm 
I couldn't believe how much I missed the board! I checked before work (how sad is that!), and thought it would be up before I got home...
and today of all days - it was my last day at work - after 2.5 years on the project, we finished up our contracts today :( i was almost in tears as I walked in my front door (i'll miss all the great people, not the job!), and was thinking "the kitten board will cheer me up"....then I was greeted by the horrible news it was still down....so I had to go and find something else to do..

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:00 pm 
I missed it lots (and suddenly remembered all the things I wanted to check at the board).
Add to that 10 more hours before ezboard crashed where I couldn't get my internet connection to work and the slooow realization that 8pm wasn't European time (so add 6 hours)...
oh, and it wasn't EST (add another 4)... :miff