The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's 'Bumper Wisdom' Wednesday, MKF! 10/2/02
PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:40 pm 
[i:ceae745108] Runs into the daily thread with a big flag and stakes it into the ground.[/i:ceae745108] I claim this daily thread in the name of west coast Kitties! Bwahaha. Neener.

Okay, so I just got a new bumper sticker for my car this week. Almost got "I KISS GIRLS" in rainbow letters, but as I am moving to the south in a year and would like to avoid that whole nasty KKK lynching thing, thought I should go for something slightly more subtle. So I settled on "You're not my type" in rainbow lettering instead. Heh. I also have one that I got back when I first got my car that reads, "Born again... and again, and again..." My old car had one that said in black, newsprint style lettering, "Normal People Worry Me." I'm still looking for that one to have it again. Hee. And a "Buddha" fish, like those Jesus/Darwin fish.

So my question to you lot: What bumper sticker(s) do you have on your car? What ones do you think Willow and Tara would have on their car(s)?

I think Tara would have two. "Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup," and "Hackers girls are sexy."

And Willow... hmm... I'll have to think about what she'd have.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 5:50 pm 
Hee... Dumbsaint, the one you think Tara would have... so funny! :lol I can actually see her saying something like that. Not sure what Willow would have though. Hmm... I'll have to think about that, too.

As for me, I have a Melissa Etheridge bumpersticker on the right side of my bumper. It was released right before, "Skin," came out. It has a small pic of her on the left side of it with her hands out in front of her. Small pic of the, "Skin" cover is at the bottom, with Melissa Etheridge in bold print above it. I actually have a whole bunch of them still at home. Don't know what to do with them. :hmm Actually, if anyone would be interested in having one, e-mail me and I can mail you one. I have a whole stack of them left, that I wasn't able to give away. My e-mail is in my profile. :)

On the left side of my bumper, I have an equal sign. It's a bumper sticker from the HRC (Human Rights Campaign.)

I'm wanting to get a rainbow sticker, with some nifty design. Haven't found one I like well enough yet though.

Jen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:13 pm 
not trying to be bratty, but if it's the oct 2, isn't it wednesday now? i got SOOO muddled for a good five minutes there. really. i think my brain went bye bye.
anywhoo, i'm bumper stickerless but a fave of mine that a dear friend has is "visualize using your turn signals" its just sooo practical, and mocking at the same time, which i enjoy.
peace out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:29 pm 
I got my dad a bumper sticker quite a few months ago for his birthday. I saw it at the mall when I was with my friends and it just cracked me up. It says "My Kid Beat Up The Honor Student" (The previous week I had beat up a boy for openly dissing me in math class with homophobic remarks, but that's a whole different story altogether)

Unfortunately, he still hasn't put it up. Gee...hm...I wonder why......

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:34 pm 
Yeah i know sad but I have a rainbow sticker. IT's one of those reflective rainbow strips. Steretypical I know but I like having a gay car.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:44 pm 
But Xita, it makes it great for spotting your car when trying to get to a restaurant with you.

Of course, it doesn't help that the only way I can tell cars apart are if they're SUVs or convertibles. I kept saying is that your car, is that your car, is that your car... At least I didn't ask Sam if a passing motorcycle was your car.

-Elianna

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:45 pm 
I'm bumper sticker free at the moment - my lapdogmusic.com sticker came off :( . On my last car I had a "hurricanes" sticker (the local super 12 rugby team) .

but I'd like some thoughts on the bumper sticker I saw yesterday - it said something along the lines of "accept jesus into your life, and spend eternity in the non-smoking section"
this confused me (I know its you'll go to heaven..etc) but I was left wondering if it was a good thing or not? usually the smoking section is more fun (although I'm very anti-smoking!), and anyway, what does it matter - you're dead - second hand smoke won't make any difference...

or maybe I'm just a bit strange.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:52 pm 
just like dulcinea, i am bumper sticker free right now as well... because first and foremost, i have to own a car first. :p

anyway, i guess if ever i get one (car and bumper sticker) i'd get me a rainbow sticker. just that. really subtle. :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:54 pm 
Well when i had a car, used to have bumper sticker that said "Lifes a beach"..Boring i know, but hey that pretty much sums it up for me :lol

W/T would probably have a bumper sticker that says "Witches do IT with a spell" hehehehehe...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 6:58 pm 
I still have an old Gore-Lieberman sticker on my car... should probably replace that one. I also have a Human Rights Campaign equal sign, and a little rainbow sticker above that. I have my school's decal (Towson University) and a Nelly Furtado sticker on my rear windshield too. One of my personal favorite bumper stickers I've seen is "Hang up and drive." Love that one.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 7:44 pm 
well, put me in the group of people with no car. but i do have a bumpersticker on my refrigerator. it says "do you believe in faeries?" and i got it free at a children's bookstore a few weeks ago. it has pretty pictures of faeries, so i put it on my fridge.

when my brother and i were sharing a car in high school (well, i was a senior and he was a freshman, so he wasn't driving it yet, but it was still "our" car), we had a homemade bumpersticker that said "honk if you're amish". We thought it was funny. Some people think it's insensitive. :eyebrow

I like rainbow bumperstickers. Maybe I should get one of those to put on my refrigerator too :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:05 pm 
I used to have a bumper sticker that said "What Would Xena Do?", but no car.

(Now that I have a car, of course, I can't find the darned sticker....) :spin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:24 pm 
LOL - Great topic Dumbsaint! :)

Friskylez - I have to say I like yours for W/T. LOL :D

As for me, I have two on my car. One says Drama Queen and the other says I'm Not Weird, I'm Gifted. Maybe my next one should say Yahoo's Bitch (since it won't let me log on tonight!)

Well, off to bed here on the west coast... LOL. Long day tomorrow.... errrr... today.... ummmm... Have a good Wed!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 8:41 pm 
I don't have a bumper sticker right now but I'm looking.

I saw one the other day and thought that it matched me completely: If you don't like my driving stay off the sidewalk.

I couldn't stop laughing after I read it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 9:33 pm 
well I have two....one says "My mind not only wanders. sometimes it leaves completely"

and the other "I believe in Dragons, Good Men and other Mythical creatures"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2002 11:12 pm 
No bumper sticker as such, but I have 'L' plates on the car because my girlfriend is learning to drive. She's tackling the whole 'drive on the left on tiny roads' thing seeing as she is American and having to get her licence over here now. We call the plates our 'Lesbian' plates!! That's what we told her mother when we mentioned the Fiesta now sported funky L plates! I used to have a hanger in my window that said "Trekker on board" but it sadly disappeared when some kind soul stole our last car right off our drive. Hope they got beamed into a black hole somewhere for that trick!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:03 am 
Hey, cool subject, [b:7d8cc62232] Dumbsaint[/b:7d8cc62232]...

I have two bumper stickers:

one with "Irish Leprechaun" on it (with the obligatory Irish leprechaun picture..., part of the whole "living in Ireland" deal :wink )
and another one with "Sorry I missed church, I was busy practising witchcraft and becoming a lesbian"...). :p

I think that one would suit the girls down to the ground too... Well, apart from the whole Willow-Jewish thing...

:love

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:26 am 
Well I got rid of my car earlier this year and bought a laptop instead. I did have 2 [b:162fe66b1e]Indigo Girls[/b:162fe66b1e] bumper stickers on it, which I'm sure have since been removed.

[b:162fe66b1e]saule77[/b:162fe66b1e] Must keep an eye out for your car! [img:162fe66b1e]http://homepage.eircom.net/~mollyig/winkgreen.gif[/img:162fe66b1e]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 12:41 am 
Never had a car.....I can't drive one...

but..I used to be a motorcycle courier in London, and I had a sticker on the back of my carrier box, That said..

[b:d8596ff20e] Bike Dykes do it better, it's all in the clutch control[/b:d8596ff20e]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:35 am 
I don't have a car. I used to, but it ended badly. We won't dwell on it, for fear that I shall become emotional. Ahem. ;)

Willow would probably have something like "I'm not a nerd, I'm a hot doofus."

Hey, I just woke up. At midday. My parents aren't pleased. I'm trying the best I can. :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 1:50 am 
:lol

great topic! Love the Tara idea Dumbsaint,

I would love to share my bumper sticker stories but unfortunatly I am carless and bumper stickerless....

Go you guys!!! some seriously funny ideas and bumper stickers!!!

:D

Edited cause I just noticed I am now Willowhand! :grin yay!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:02 am 
Oh, Im underage for a car but have plenty of stickers on my closet and bookshelves. Most of them are in Hebrew so translations might sound funny. I have the obligatory Pride 2000 surrounded with a little rainbow from the Gay Pride Parade two years ago, one that says Women alone choose who to be with from last years parade, and lots from different festivals and fun stuff Ive been to.

The coolest sticker I have my brother made, and it reads [b:55949cd781] God is like sticking a fork inside an electricity socket[/b:55949cd781]. Second to that is my Atheism now! sticker. :grin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:35 am 
It'll have to be a bicycle sticker. Sigh.

*Must* learn to drive.

Unfortunately I can't afford lessons. Maybe I should move to the US, I am assured it's much easier to drive as the roads are straighter and flatter and wider... or something?!

Although I'd have to get used to the idea that cars drive on the right?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:55 am 
Whoever mentioned the "Sorry I missed church, I was busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian" sticker, I used to have that on a button on my backpack in highschool. I had quite the collection going back then. Hee. "It's men like you that make me glad I'm a lesbian," "Tarzan no want Jane, Tarzan want Steve!" And the obligatory "Hatred is not a family value." I can't remember any more of them, but I know some of 'em were real gems. Kept 'em around to remind myself to laugh in the otherwise rather drab atmosphere that was pris- uh, high school.

You know, I had a rainbow sticker on my car in college and one day I went out to the parking lot to find that someone had painstakingly scratched it off in tiny bits and pieces until only a teeny bit was left. How lame is that?

La, that homemade "Honk if you're Amish" one gave me a chuckle. Heehee.

After much reflection I have decided that Wil's sticker would read, "Sorry I missed synagogue, I was busy practicing witchcraft and 'levitating' my girlfriend."

Edited to add a thank you to Xita for "fixing" the thread title. Hee. I didn't realize what a dork I was until I was just about to nod off last night, laying in bed.

SLEEPY JULIA
Uh... I put 'Tuesday,' didn't I? Fuck.
(head lists to the side, Julia snores)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:34 am 
My wife hates bumper stickers, so none on our cars.
I do have an "SIU ALumni" sticker on the back window of both cars.

Although she said I can get a "Darwin" fish or a "Cthulhu" one.

Some of my favorites have been,
"Sorry, my Karma hit your dogma"
"My Goddess gave birth to your God"
"Cthulhu. Why settle for the lesser evil"
"My other car is a broomstick"

Have a great one Kitties!

Warlock

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:37 am 
[quote:4015950d34][b:4015950d34][i:4015950d34]Quote:[/i:4015950d34][/b:4015950d34]
"Sorry I missed synagogue, I was busy practicing witchcraft and 'levitating' my girlfriend."
[/quote:4015950d34]

God that's hilarious. I'm Jewish, and I'll be damnned if I don't make a real sticker out of that. :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:39 am 
on my old car i had a KNAC bumper sticker, and a California Angels bumper sticker. don't have one on my current car.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:43 am 
I don't have a car of my own to plaster w/stickers, so I tend to put them damn near everywhere else..

On my travel mug I have an Ember Swift sticker(amazing punk/folk chick from Toronto), a FINE sticker of some vampchick and one that says "Live fast and die pretty."

On my reading binder for school, I have another Ember one.. an HRC one and one that says 'QUEER'

On my wifes inhaler I have put one that says "Lets Fuck"..

Guess which one is my favorite.

-Sal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:53 am 
a few years ago, when i HAD a car (not anymore :cry ) i used to have a sticker which said
"i slow down for men too". Well, i liked it a lot and a lot of my friends too. Always good for a good laugh. :grin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:53 am 
Dumbsaint said: "After much reflection I have decided that Wil's sticker would read, "Sorry I missed synagogue, I was busy practicing witchcraft and 'levitating' my girlfriend."

That's good, but I was thinking it would be equally amusing if Willow had a sticker that read, "Sorry I missed synagogue, I was busy practicing witchcraft and making my girlfriend 'com-plete'."

I've never actually put a bumper sticker on a car; I'm far to anal to attach a sticker to my car. However, my car is used and the previous owner attached a sticker to the back that reads "BOY CRAZY"...Needless to say it's not the most appropriate sticker for a car driven by a lesbian, but it does amuse me ;)