The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: It's 'Bumper Wisdom' Wednesday, MKF! 10/2/02
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:17 am 
I had a rainbow bumper sticker on my jeep and I also had one that said, "yep, i'm gay on it" My mom ended up taking them both off though:(

Shanna

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:28 am 
*snickers*

"you make me com-plete,
make me com-plete,
make me com-plete,
make me com-" *a priceless cut*

Sometimes, just sometimes, I [b:e47c1a42e4] love[/b:e47c1a42e4] joss.

And it could be nice if Willow had a sticker that read "I'm a hacker with a Mac; sue me." That's the only thing that ticks me off about the show. C'mmon, I mean, everybody knows Macs aren't real computers. *cough*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:37 am 
I have a Bronco logo sticker. Imagine that.

And another that says "Mean People Suck"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:40 am 
Autumn. :heart

The girl I had a big crush on all through junior high and high school had a bumper sticker on the back of her car that said "Mean people suck."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:49 am 
I had a bumper sticker on my bedroom door when i lived at home that said mean people suck. but my mom took it down and threw it away along with my rainbow sticker and my big poster that said "marijuana: hey, at least it's not crack" when I moved to Korea. :(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:04 am 
I have a rainbow sticker on the back of my car and my college parking permit. The rainbow stickers has stayed on fine but I've had several people try and scrap off the parking one :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 7:32 am 
I have a company car & a mean boss who won't let me put bumper stickers on it, we are not allowed to personalise our company cars, I have a Mr. Bump air freshener though just to be a rebel :lol

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 9:34 am 
Ooh, Mr Bump - my favourite Mr Men character!

Sorry, er, got side-tracked there. Right. Stickers.

I used to have one in my rear window - does that count? - that was for Aston Villa's first FA Cup final appearance since 1957.

We lost. Inevitably. And when I got a new car, I just couldn't bring myself to get another one. I'm a bad, bad fan. I'm a sham of a - oh no, wait. I've done that joke already this week. Dammit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:25 pm 
Let's see... Have one (tshirt as well) that says "Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" and also "I'm for the Separation of Church and Hate". Tara? I think her odd sense of humor would come into play and she would have this one - "Visualize Whirled Peas." Willow? That's easy!!! "Vegetarians Taste Better".

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:08 pm 
Oh thank god the board is back, I think I was going "batty" waiting for my "fix" :) !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:38 pm 
I have one on my truck that says "Earl's In The Trunk". I got it from a Dixie Chicks concert that I went to. I got stopped by a cop one time and he asked me why I had a bumper sticker saying that. I explained that it was from a song and then said "Officer, with all due respect, if I actually had someone in the trunk, do you think I'd advertise it?" He laughed at that and only gave me a summons for not wearing my seat belt. I guess its a good thing that I didn't have fake arm that looks real hanging out like I do sometimes. It just so happens, I just pulled out of the car wash and I had to tuck the arm in so to speak. But the weird thing is I drive an SUV so I don't really have a trunk. Everyone knows its me just by the bumper sticker. Ok well that and the fact that my truck is the same color as a giant wintergreen tic tac.:puke :eek
I also have one that says "Don't piss me off, I'm running out of places to hide the bodies."

And by the way, I'm so glad that the board is back up. Hey Kathy, I am addicted to that sand art thing. :paranoid Ok, I really need a life.

Love to All
Barb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:13 pm 
Trom: "Visualize Whirled Peas"? :laugh :laugh :laugh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:19 pm 
It's not a problem it's a selective attitude and
Practicing under my willowtree

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:44 pm 
I have to admit "Visualize Whirled Peas" and "Where am I going and why am I in a handbasket?" are two of my personal favs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 9:05 pm 
My daily driver is my company car, so I don't tend to put any stickers on it. Just a "Silverado, California," sticker that is supposed to let me into the town during its latest natural disaster without my having to stop to talk to the sheriff.

But I do have a Disneyland "45 Years of Magic," license plate frame.

The worst bumper sticker I ever saw? I was driving in Orange County, CA, which is one of the more conservative parts of southern California. It was 1993, in the midst of the controversy about gays and lesbians serving in the military. A truck ahead of me had a bumper sticker which said,

"Roosevelt: A chicken in every pot.
Clinton: A fag in every pup tent."

And it was actually a company truck.:evil I hope they lost business because of that hateful bumper sticker.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2002 11:07 pm 
I have a tattered old leather jacket with a few buttons on it. One says "I Hate People". (I work in retail, and thus can make this claim.) The other says "Agent of Satan. [i:96a05207d8] But my duties are largely ceremonial[/i:96a05207d8]". I got this one after a guy at work found out I was an atheist and started calling me Satan as a joke. (The people I work with are very strange.) On the opposite lapel I have two gold hearts that I bought at the movie theater to benefit cystic fibrosis research. The juxtaposition of these buttons never fails to start a conversation. :)

However, the only bumper sticker I have is an American flag one that I got right after 9/11, but my Mom came up with a great slogan for one: "Here's the deal: if you put down the cellphone, I'll put down the gun." :lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:17 am 
The cell phone/gun sticker reminded me of the one my dad used to have on his pickup truck. It said "My gun has killed less people then Ted JFK." My dad is a retired police officer so he had reason to carry a gun.

Love to All,
Barb

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:43 am 
In Israel there's this annoying religious sticker that reads "We trust in none but our Father in Heaven", so my mom retorted with a "We trust in none but our Mother Earth" on our back windshild.

I have a homemade sticker that reads "DOGMA spelt backwards is 'Alanis Morissette is God'". From my days of fanaticness... :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 1:45 am 
I saw this one the other day then the board went poof before I could post it.

"Illinois. ILL - To make sick. Annoy - to Piss off".

Funny thing the car has Montana plates, or maybe that was to be expected.

Warlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:04 am 
Oh Warlock Illinois bashing. he he he. How about this one

"Welcome to Wisconsin...Now go home."

One of my favorites.

I do have to say that the "My Goddess gave birth to your god" is one I'm looking for now. It makes me :grin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:21 am 
Yeah, but see I actually like living in Illinois.

The "Goddess" bumber sticker, try Witch's Voice, www.witchvox.com/ they have lots of stuff like that.

Warlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:26 am 
Sweet link! thanks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:30 am 
Thanks Warlock for the link.

I figured you would like IL living there and all. :grin but I do see alot of you drive by my window. What's the big with Lake Geneva? :lol

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:48 am 
Well, I don't know.
Back in the 80's and 90's though Lake Geneva used to be like Mecca for gamer geeks, since that is where TSR was (they made D&D).

You would go there. Walk around the buliding siting passages from the original D&D "white" books. You would then have your dice specially annointed with Mountain Dew, cheap beer and then black coffee to represent the three stages in a gamer's life. Then return home for a year of luck and natural "20"s. ;)

Or maybe cause it is pretty up there?

Warlock

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:14 am 
These are two of my friends' bumper wisdom's:

[i:d5bd5cf9f2] Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?[/i:d5bd5cf9f2]

[i:d5bd5cf9f2] Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder.[/i:d5bd5cf9f2]

My favourite is the simple "Magic Happens" with a little silver angel. Short and sweet :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:31 am 
Warlock :lol

They got a bumber sticker for that one? Cause I'm squirting coffee after that little trip.

How about this little gem. I saw this one on my trip to school. "I may not agree with your bumper sticker, but I'll defend to the death your right to stick it."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:33 am 
[quote:bf6836eb03][b:bf6836eb03][i:bf6836eb03]Quote:[/i:bf6836eb03][/b:bf6836eb03]
Nice perfume. Must you marinate in it?
[/quote:bf6836eb03]

Oh yeah. Oooooh yeah.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:33 am 
I don't have a car, so the only thing I can do when finding cool bumper stickers is collect them and put them in a nice shoe box.
And the ones I like the most I have found only on the internet, anyway.
So here are a few that haven't been mentioned, yet:

[b:79221905fc] "So many right-wing christians, so few lions"[/b:79221905fc]

[b:79221905fc] "He is YOUR god - They are YOUR rules - YOU burn in hell"[/b:79221905fc]

and for our favourite witches:

[b:79221905fc] "Witch Parking only - All others will be toad"[/b:79221905fc] ;)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 7:49 am 
I hesitated to post this link, but Warlock posting witchvox's site made it all ok. Lay your blame there. :lol Anyway, glad you guys liked the Whirled Peas sticker. I saw it and a bunch of other great ones here first.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2002 5:15 pm 
I think theirs would say "Vegetarians Taste Better." :drool