The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I hope this is the start again for my story
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 5:46 pm 
Thanks so much Mel. I have another part on the way. I'm just waiting for my beta reader to look at it, and then I'll post it ASAP.

You never know when Tara might pop out in this story. I hate to give it away, so let's just say . . . she's making her grand entrance very soon. I hope you like the next installment.

Thanks to everyone who has been reading

-Damron

Post subject: Re: I hope this is the start again for my story
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:58 pm 
Great update. Can't wait to see Tara's grand entrance. Although if she fell face first into a room with pie all over her face it would still be grand. *far off look*

Anyway:blush More soon, please.

brittney

~Good friends help you move. Real friends help you move the body.~

Post subject: Tara on her face
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2004 9:28 am 
You're right Brittney, any entrance by Tara would be a grand one.:thud

Thank you for reading. THe next part should be coming within the next couple of days.

Keep reading, and let me know how you like the story as it progresses. I love feedback :pinky

Post subject: update
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:32 pm 
Sorry it's taken so long to update. I had some extra editing to do, and I'm waiting for the final copy of this part. Stay tuned. I think you will see it within the next couple of days.:letter

Post subject: update/part 7
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:00 am 
Okay everyone, here it is. I hope you enjoy it:wave

The girls decided to make their first stop the library in Oakland. Willow was interested in checking the archives for newspapers that might shed more light on the circumstances surrounding her uncle’s death. She had a difficult time finding the articles online. She figured the San Francisco Public Library had not had an opportunity to log all of their archives to computer yet. They entered the building and found a map on the wall that stated the basement would be archival newspapers, microfiche, periodicals, etc. They took a short, dark stairwell down into the bowels of the library. It even smelled like the bowels of the library--dusty, moldy and carried an odor not much different than Spike’s crypt. A long corridor held several doors on each side. There were rooms filled with filing cabinets and dusty, old books. There did not appear to be anyone else down here. When they reached the end of the corridor, they saw an open set of double doors. A desk was set just off to the left with a young woman, nose buried in a book of her own, intent on concentrating on the story at hand.        

“He, hum.” Buffy tried very quietly to interrupt the young woman’s reading.

Two startled, but entrancing, blue eyes looked up from the Tolstoy book they had been perusing. “Uh, yeah. I -I -I mean yes? Can I help you?” The young woman was trying to shake the ideas of an adulterous affair she has just read about in Anna Karenina. The turbulent story of people who are not in love, but feel as though they are trapped in a marriage imposed by societal expectations, spoke volumes to her. She recalls the unhappiness her mother suffered through as she tried to create a happy home for her two children in the small town of Sandpoint, ID. Women were expected to get married, have children and then care for her husband and the household. This was one of the reasons Tara escaped the small town life and chose to attend college in California.

Willow was caught in a trance, staring at the most beautiful woman she believed she had ever seen. She was unable to articulate what she wanted, she seemed to forget where she was and why she was there.

“Excuse me, yes. We are looking for newspapers dating back around 20 or so years ago. Local papers. Can you point us in the right direction?” Buffy interjected, while giving Willow a nudge with her elbow.

“Oh, uh, s-s-sure. I can, uh, sh-show you. Th-th there down this w-w way.” The young woman put her book down on the desk and slid off of the stool. Willow continued to watch every move she made, openly ogling at her.

Buffy grabbed Willow by the elbow and pulled her close. “Willow? What’s wrong with you? You’re acting really weird.” Buffy’s suspicious nature took over. “Are you getting some weird witchy vibes? My Spidey Sense isn’t screaming vamp or Hellmouth creepy guy.” Buffy began reaching for the extra stake she always carried in her inside jacket pocket.

Willow realized what Buffy was thinking. “No! No, that’s not it. I . . . it’s just, I’ve never seen such a beautiful woman before. She’s captivating. No, she’s gorgeous.” Willow whispered to Buffy as they began to follow the young woman to the book shelves that housed the old newspapers.

“Well that’s a relief. I really wanted a whole summer off from slaying. I didn’t really want to start our adventure out with a fight. At least not right away. And Wills, put your tongue back in your mouth,” Buffy shook her head and smiled at her best friend. She was glad to see Willow had a romantic interest in someone after Amy. “Starting a tumultuous, long distance love affair just wouldn’t be in the cards right now. I should know, with the Angel thing and all. You can’t just teleport back and forth from Sunnydale. Can you?”

Willow had two disastrous love affairs, one right after the other. Oz was her first love, so she thought until she met Amy. Buffy was convinced Amy was more of an infatuation, someone to test out the girl on girl factor with, but Willow knew she was gay the moment Amy kissed her. That was in the past, and this beautiful woman they were following had something Amy didn’t have. Willow could feel the positive energy coming off of her. Yes, she appeared to be shy, but that did not seem to matter to Willow.                               

“Y-y- you can tr-try down th-this aisle. All of the n-n-newspapers are on microfiche. Just b-b-bring me th-the ones you t-take out when you l-l-leave.” The young woman pointed to a shelf full of microfiche all dated by year and labeled with the newspapers name. The section was dedicated to the local newspapers of the San Francisco area. In between the bookshelves sat two microfiche machines sitting side by side on one long table.

“Thanks, uh, Tara,” Buffy said, reading the young woman’s name tag. “We’ll let you know if we need anymore help. Right Willow?”

“Uh, yeah. Right. Anymore help. We’ll let you know. Thanks.” Willow had never had such a problem with words before. She was looking right into two infinite pools of blue, and the intensity of her look said every word Willow wanted to say to Tara.

Tara held the look a couple of more seconds, and then put her head down and headed back toward her desk. She wasn’t sure what just happened. The red headed woman, Willow, was looking at her in such a loving and caring way. She was taken back by the depth of those green eyes. There was just something about the energy between them that she couldn’t explain.

Willow snapped out of her trance as Tara disappeared down the long row of bookshelves and file cabinets. "I think we should start with this box and just scroll until we see my aunt or uncle's name. Remember were looking for Goldman, not Rosenberg," Willow reminded Buffy as she handed her a box of microfiche.

Willow and Buffy spent the next couple of hours scrolling through endless articles about sports, advertisements, politics of the time. Everything but the accident. "I don't know about you, but I'm starting to see double. My eyes feel like they're going to fall out of my head," Willow commented.

"This is the most research I have ever done, even for reports I had to do in high school. This just isn't my thing. I can't do anymore," Buffy put her head down on the table and closed her eyes.

Willow rubbed her eyes and tried to clear her mind. The search was becoming very frustrating. As she placed the microfiche she already looked at back into the box she began to wonder if this trip was such a good idea. Sometimes things should be left well enough alone. That's what her mother had told her for the umpteenth time when Willow tried to find out more information about her family. She was going to drop these boxes off at the desk and suggest that lunch would be a good diversion when soft footsteps could be heard heading in their direction.

Tara came around the corner, eyes to the ground, her long silky hair had fallen into her face hiding the smile she held for this red headed stranger. "I, uh, I w-w-was wondering if you n-needed any help. You two have b-b-been back here for a w-w-while." She noticed the bleary look of Willow's eyes, and the slumped over figure of Buffy next to her.

"I'm not sure. I think I'm done. I couldn't find what I was looking for." Willow wished she could use this opportunity to spend more time with Tara. Anything to be near her, listen to her voice. She smelled like lavender and vanilla and her voice just sang every word that fell from her lips. Willow was becoming infatuated with this woman.

"Wh-why don't you t-t-tell me what you are l-looking for? I will tr-try to f-find the story." Tara was never this brave when it came to helping people. She usually waited for someone to ask her, but she felt the need to assist Willow with her search.

Willow thought for a minute and noticed Buffy was apparently taking a nap. She could hear her breathing change and decided she would take advantage of this time alone with Tara. "Okay, it looks like my friend Buffy has better things to do anyway." She nodded her head toward the slumbering slayer.

"L-l-let's start w-with the y-year." Tara suggested.

"Okay, I'm looking for local stories from the fall of 1972 about an accident involving the murder of a young man by his sister." Willow proceeded to give Tara the details she needed to find the appropriate microfiche box.

"OH! I remember that trial." Tara said in surprise. "I-I think that woman w-was put into an asylum. Th-they said she thought she w-w-was a witch." Tara grabbed two boxes and handed them to Willow. "You should be able t-to find the tr-trial in here, and the s-s-story about the boy's m-murder i-in here."

"Thanks, I'll, uh, see what I can find," great thought Willow when she finds out I'm related to these people, she'll go running for the foothills of the Sierra's.

"N-n-no problem. If you need anything e-else. Just let m-me know." Tara smiled to herself as she walked back to her desk. She was glad she could be the hero and find the information. Many people who were interested in the occult studied the accident and murder trial of Rebecca Goldman. Being a witch herself, Tara was very familiar with the case and what truly transpired between Rebecca and her brother. She heard this story from her mother many times as a warning to stay away from dark magic.

Willow began scrolling through the new box of microfiche trying to find any information about her aunt. She was more interested in how the trial went. She wanted to know how the courts found her aunt guilty by reason of insanity. She would print as much information as she could and do a more thorough reading of the articles later in the hotel room. Willow stopped on a front page article with a large, color picture of a woman with blonde, stringy hair and wild green eyes. The headline read, "Woman claims magical powers killed for her". The haunting face of the woman in the picture Willow sent a shiver up her spine. Her Aunt Rebecca appeared to be staring right at her from the picture, warning her of what she might uncover. Willow had to tear her eyes away and hit the print key. "What am I getting myself into?" She thought aloud. "Whatever it is, I am definitely going to need your help Buffy," Willow whispered toward the sleeping figure of Buffy.

Edited by: damron39 at: 12/29/04 11:12 am

Post subject: Re: update/part 7
PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:16 pm 
I just came across this story myself and I am instantly down with the intrigue and mystery you are spinning around Willow's maternal lineage.

Tara is just so adorable as the archival reference librarian and I can imagine Amber's mellifluous voice being all with the shy and stuttering Tara-isms.:wave :willow :tara :luv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:57 pm 
thank you so much for reading, I'm glad you liked how I decided to use the characters so far

it will be fun to create willow and tara's next meeting, I really could see Tara as a librarian, it seemed like such a natural job for her

look for another installment of the story in a week or so, keep reading:rofl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:36 am 
Okay so you're wondering what happened to a week or so . . .

Unfortunately some life situations have come in between me and writing this story, I hope, once again to get an installment done.

I will be getting something written, when it gets done is another story

Thanks for all who have been patient:letter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:24 am 
not a problem...were all just gonna wait...umm...sorta patiently...lol...i just sat and reread the whole fic again...still loving it...cant wait till you get a chance to update again!

~mel:kdevil

'The Cat in the Hat' is fine, just not during sex.--Alyson Hannigan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:34 am 
Thanks for your reply. I was wondering if there was anyone still with me. As luck would have it, I seem to have a constant stream of personal situations getting in the way of my ability to write this. I am working on the next piece though. Cross your fingers Mel and hope it shows up in the next week or so . . . Goddess willing:laugh

Edited by: damron39 at: 12/29/04 10:35 am

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:52 pm 
Hey!

I wanted to add my encouragement for you to continue with this story!

So far it has me sucked in like a Hoover!

Keep up the good work!

Em

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:44 am 
I know it's been a while, but here is at least a little taste of what's cooking. Hope you enjoy it.:laugh

Willow began scrolling through the new box of microfiche trying to find any information about her aunt. She was more interested in how the trial went. She wanted to know how the courts found her aunt guilty by reason of insanity. She would print as much information as she could and do a more thorough reading of the articles later in the hotel room. Willow stopped on a front page article with a large, color picture of a woman with blonde, stringy hair and wild green eyes. The headline read, "Woman claims magical powers killed for her". The haunting face of the woman in the picture Willow sent a shiver up her spine. Her Aunt Rebecca appeared to be staring right at her from the picture, warning her of what she might uncover. Willow had to tear her eyes away and hit the print key. "What am I getting myself into?" She thought aloud. "Whatever it is, I am definitely going to need your help Buffy," Willow whispered toward the sleeping figure of Buffy

Buffy felt refreshed after her nap at the library and followed Willow onto the street. “Where to now Will? I vote for lunch. How about we grab something to munch on at that little restaurant over there, and you can update me on what you found out about that yummy librarian.”

Outside Willow was smiling about Buffy’s comment on her obvious attraction to the yummy librarian, Tara. “Lunch sounds good. I would like to read a few of these articles and get your take on what happened. “

“Great! Lunch is on me, you know, I guess I owe you since you did most of the research.” Buffy headed toward the restaurant. “Research is so not my thing. I’m more the slice ‘em and dice ‘em type of girl.”

They entered the restaurant and found a booth toward the back away from the other patrons so they could talk without worrying about people over hearing their conversation. Once they ordered and the waitress left their table, Willow pulled out a couple of the articles she printed off in the library. She handed the shorter article of the two to Buffy and began reading her own.

“So what exactly would you like me to look for while reading this?” Buffy scanned the headline and skimmed the first paragraph.

“Well, like in this article, Aunt Becky was found hovering over the body of her brother, she was screaming ‘the mist took him’. What do you think that means? Oh, yeah, and she was the only one home with him at the time of his murder, but no weapons were found anywhere that matched the wounds.”

“This one talks more about the cause of death. Looks like he bled to death. Hmmm, sounds like a weapon that would slice or cut him. It also says there was never any weapon recovered. I think we’re going to need the autopsy report and any records that police have to see the details. That’s something easy enough for me to snag.” Buffy looked up from the article, “You said you wanted to try and find the doctor that treated your aunt, or at least someone that might give you an idea about what happened. If you don’t mind doing that on your own, I’ll see what I can do about getting those records.”

“If you wouldn’t mind? If we could split our time up while in town, I think we might make more headway. Oooh, BLT. I just love BLT clubs. Mmmmm, and french fries.” Willow put her article away and began digging into her lunch. “I am so thankful my parents never kept kosher because I just couldn’t give up bacon.”

“I thought you just couldn’t have bacon with cheese. You couldn’t even eat bacon without cheese?” Buffy took a bite of her cheeseburger and dripped grease onto the article she was previously reading.

“No, it’s any meat with cheese. I couldn’t eat a cheeseburger for instance, but bacon is pork and . . . Buffy you just got burger all over my research. Here.” Willow handed Buffy a bunch of napkins to wipe off the article. “Just stick it back into this folder.”

“Oops, sorry Will. You can still read it, I just got a little grease on the headline.” Buffy wiped away the grease and put the article back into Willow’s file.

Willow and Buffy finished their lunch and decided to go their separate ways to find out more information. “Be careful Will. We’ll meet back at the hotel at seven so we can have dinner with my dad. Are you going to be okay on your own?”

“Sure Buffy. I’m a little nervous, but I don’t plan on any spectacular witchy fire works where I’m going. I’m just going to ask questions about my family as a concerned relative.” Willow gathered up her files and followed Buffy out of the restaurant. “Seven o’clock then. You still have your cell phone right?”

“Oh, yeah. Just call if you need me. Good luck Willow. I’ll see you in a few hours.” Buffy waved as she walked toward the end of the street and turned the corner on her way to the local police station.

“Thanks again Buffy. I’ll see you in a few.” Willow watched as Buffy headed on her way and then turned toward the hospital where her Aunt Becky was treated. Willow held tight to the file that contained all of the information they had uncovered so far. “It’s been a while Aunt Becky. I hope you and Grandma are up for visitors.”

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:47 am 
Thanks Em, I'm glad you're enjoying the story. I'm trying hard to keep up with it now, but no promises ;)

I'll see if we can get Willow at least through a visit with her Grandmother and Aunt in the next month.

Keep reading:read

-Damron

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:35 pm 
This is a good story and like other readers before me I like the insight into Willow's Family. Take the time you need to continue the story as its too good to just stop. We will be watching for updates. Thanks Traveler

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:01 am 
Thank you Traveler for the continued interest. If everything goes the way I plan this week, we'll see at least on installment. I'm not sure if it will be what Willow finds out, or what Buffy finds out. I have some kinks to work out in both. :letter

I'm also having a little trouble getting onto my account from my home PC. That's been a little frustrating, but I'll see what I can do. :ezsucks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:17 am 
Hey Damron...just wanted you to know that I love what you're doing with this fic. It's different in that we never really get a look at Willow's past, so I'm really interested in what you're going to be having go on with that. Plus I'm always excited to see the Willow/Tara relationship progress...but who isn't?

"Heaven's not a place that you go when you die...it's that moment in life when you actually feel alive"

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:08 pm 
I appreciate that stillrunning. Unfortunately, some unknown force is making it very difficult to do anything about updates. I am now working without Internet access at home. I wanted to be better about updates, but it looks like it will be sporadic at best until I can get the cosmos under control in my life. :smash

Keep reading, and I will persevere with this story. I will finish it if it kills me:gnome

Post subject: Re: Family Tree
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:36 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

It's been way too long but I'm hoping to get back to exploring Willow's family. I hope to access what I started on part 7 so many years ago. I hope you'll stick around or take a look at what's here.

~damron

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:53 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

Topics: 3
I was literally reading your story 2 weeks ago. I really enjoyed what you had posted and was really sad that it wasn't finished. So, I am super happy that you are back and will try to continue this story. I think that you have a really interesting and unique idea, and I cannot wait to see where you go with it. I am also interested to see what role Tara will have in helping Willow reconnect with her family. I look forward to seeing more from you soon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:04 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Bellalocke

I really appreciate you reading it. I have been rewatching earlier episodes when tara and willow first meet to remember what that looks like. I'm hoping to start the next chapter in a week or so. Just a little teaser for you ...

I thought we might see some foreshadowing about why Willow was so drawn to dark magic connecting her to her aunt and grandmother.

As for Tara (who happens to be my favorite character and total tv crush), I think she needs to pursue Willow a little and Willow is completely oblivious to this. Gotta tease a bit :wink :wink

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:30 pm 
1. Blessed Wannabe

Don't give up on me yet. Work has been busy so I see writing more hopefully as I get towards summer break.