The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: You Make Me Smile
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:10 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

[center]Image[/center]

Title You Make Me Smile

Author: Emms

Disclaimer: Joss owns it all. Except my brain...well, probably that too.

Summary: Tara is a single mother, trying to raise her six-year old son on her own. But when Tara meets Willow; a successful business owner she is able to see that happiness can be found in a loving relationship.

Note: This was just something I was playing around with today when I should have been working on other projects.

Note2: This has not been beta'd

Note3: Unlike what the title suggests this fic is written completely in the third person :lol (just thought I'd throw that in there)

Rating: NC17 (eventually)

Chapter One

Tara folded the sweater in her hand and put the article of clothing into her son’s suitcase. This would be the first time that he would have ever been away from home for any length of time, and she was a little sad. Still, Tara didn’t let herself think too far ahead, after all there were a few hours left before Spencer was scheduled to be picked up; still plenty of time for Tara’s ex to back out.

“Can I bring this one, Mommy?”

Tara examined the pair of Summer shorts Spencer was holding up. “Don’t you think it’s a little too cold outside for shorts, sweetie?”

“No,” Spencer stated simply.

“Well…they’re your legs…if you want to freeze them off I guess that’s your decision to make.” Tara continued to put the little boys clothing into the suitcase, she’d leave him to decide on his own if he wanted to bring along the pair of shorts.

“I’ll bring them…But I’ll bring pants too, just in case.”

Spencer handed the shorts to Tara. “That’s a very smart idea,” Tara said, folding the shorts and placing them into the navy-blue suitcase. Just then the shrill ringing of the phone sounded from the kitchen. “I’ll be right back, sweetie.” Tara left her son to the task of packing the rest of the clothes she’d laid out for him.

Tara cursed under her breath as she hung up the phone. She placed it in the cradle a little harshly and the sound of plastic hitting plastic stung her ears. It was just like Logan to cancel at the last minute. Tara’s initial irritation to her ex’s behavior and lack of a sense of responsibility where Spencer was concerned was muted and replaced with sorrow at the thought of having to tell her son that he wasn’t going to go spend the week with Logan.

She knew Spencer’s forgiving nature would prevail, but this was the fourth time Logan had called to cancel and she wasn’t sure how much more his little heart could take. Tara wasn’t sure how much more she, herself could take either. She hated to see her son hurting, but she knew if she stopped the communication between Logan and the six-year old, it would only hurt Spencer. Tara felt like she had to give Logan the benefit of the doubt and a chance to do the right thing where their son was concerned.

Logan had always been somewhat selfish, and on some level Tara had always known that about her. But it all came to a head a little over a year ago when she discovered that Logan had been having an affair with one of Tara's artist friends. After that Tara could no longer live with the woman. And had taken Spencer and left. She hadn’t regretted that decision since then and it was only when Logan broke one of her many promises to Spencer that Tara even cast a thought toward the other woman. She didn’t wish any harm to come to Logan, but she and Spencer were better off without her. She took her time returning to her son’s room. She didn’t want to have to tell him that Logan had backed out again.

Tara stood against the door frame watching her son try to close his suitcase. Her heart sank at the sight of him sitting on top of his luggage while his small hands worked to clasped the brass latches together. She didn’t know how she was going to tell him that he wasn’t going. Tara felt her throat clench, but quickly squashed it. “Spencer…come here. I want to talk to you about something…” Tara walked across the room and sat down on the edge of the six-year olds bed. She could see the glint of hope in his blue eyes as he waited for her to speak. Tara felt her mouth go dry.

“What is it, Mommy?”

“Well…You know when the phone rang earlier?” He nodded his head and Tara continued. “That was Lee-Lee on the phone. She was real sorry but something came up and--”

“She’s not coming to get me is she?”

Tara wanted to cry at the sight of the tears shining in Spencer’s eyes. But she wouldn‘t, not now. The tears over her son’s pain wouldn‘t come until later, after the lights were out and she was all alone. “Not this time…I’m sorry, honey.”

“It’s because she’s back with Kelly again. She never wants to see me when she’s with Kelly.”

“Oh honey, that’s not true. Lee-Lee loves you. She’s just a little mixed up right now. She‘ll get better. I promise.” Tara smoothed her son’s blonde hair from his face. But Spencer wanted nothing of that comforting touch. He pulled away, throwing his face into the dark blue pillow on his bed.

“She doesn’t love me anymore when she’s with Kelly...”

It broke Tara’s heart to see her son so despondent. She wanted to hold him close to her and rock him like she used to do when he was a baby, but she knew that wasn’t the way to go just then. Still, her motherly instinct couldn’t be put to bed entirely. She bent down kissing the top of his blonde head. “How about you and I get all dressed up and go out to dinner tonight. Would you like that, sweetie?”

Spencer lifted his head off the pillow and Tara could see an excited spark in his eyes.

“Where would we go, Mommy?”

Tara thought for a moment, tilting her head to the side she poked her son teasingly in the tummy. “How about the fanciest eatery this side of Timbuktu?” Tara tried to muster an enthusiasm she really didn’t feel.

“McDonald’s?” Spencer giggled.

“No, you silly monkey. I was thinking more along the lines of---”

“Taco Bell?!”

“Do you want to go or not?!” Tara teased.

“Yes.” Spencer smiled.

“I was thinking we could go to Le Martinique.” Tara watched her son’s face carefully gauging his expression. Le Martinique was the most expensive restaurant in Los Angeles. They had never been inside, but they had both thought about what it would be like to eat there plenty of times.

“Do you mean it, Mommy?”

“Of course…but only on one condition.” Tara lowered her voice and gave her son a sly but serious look.

“What condition?” Spencer asked solemnly.

“You must give me exactly one kiss.” Tara turned her cheek to the side, presenting it to receive the suggested payment.

“Deal!” Spencer leaned over and gave Tara an enthusiastic kiss on the cheek.

Spencer hoped from the bed, and with an excitement Tara hadn't been sure she'd be seeing again that evening, began rummaging through his closet for the one and only suit and tie he owned.

“Miss Rosenberg, you have a call on line two.”

“Thanks Phyllis,” Willow said. She noted the older woman had her coat on, and her purse was tucked securely under her arm. “You goin’ home?” Willow asked.

“If there’s nothing else I can do for you.”

“Nope….everything looks good here. I’m going to head out in a little while myself.”

“Goodnight then.”

“Goodnight.”

Willow tapped the eraser end of her pencil along the dark mahogany desk, which was fun…for a moment. The pencil left those little pink eraser smudges everywhere it hit. Willow couldn‘t tolerate that, so she licked the tip of her finger, and rubbing it against the smudges, scrubbed the markings away. With her OCD tendencies satisfied Willow picked up the receiver and punched the lighted button marked: two.

She hung up the phone a moment later, and using that same pencil, marked that nights business meeting into her little black planner.

Willow closed the book and leaned back in her leather chair. Dinner tonight would be fun, and might even prove to be beneficial to her career. Not that she needed another client. She was overbooked as it was, and had actually been thinking about hiring a new artist just to keep up with demand.

Willow's design company had grown exponentially over the years and now she had clients as far away as Japan. But even with being stretched so thin, she just couldn’t resist the opportunity to nab a contract with The Kirkland Group. Not to mention the riches that would ensue from such a business deal.

Even though her business life was booming; her love life was not so fortunate. It wasn’t that she hadn’t been looking for that someone special, but looking and trying to raise a burgeoning graphic design company from the ground up was proving more complicated than it had initially read on paper.

Willow was a powerhouse in the workforce, but somewhat awkward in the field of love…somehow she just couldn’t seem to coordinate her work life with her romantic life. And after a few failed attempts to woo the pretty young ladies around town, Willow had decided to stop looking altogether and focus on making her business the best it could be.

That had worked for awhile, but it hadn’t been long before Willow began to feel that pang of emptiness every time she went home to her empty apartment. She often felt there was something missing from her life, business couldn’t be everything right? There had to be more out there than business meetings and the staggered black line of commerce.

Willow looked down at her watch. It was 7:30 which meant she had an hour to get ready. That wasn’t very much time relatively speaking. If she hurried she would have time to pick up her dry-cleaning on the way to the restaurant. And if she was extremely lucky, would be dragging herself home by 11:00pm that night.

Willow passed by the front desk on her way out, leaving a note for Phyllis. The note read: If I’m not here tomorrow morning, cancel my 9:00 o‘clock, 12:00 o’clock and see if you can get my 3:15 pushed up to 5:00 o‘clock. Willow doodled a happy little smiley-faced stick figure holding up a martini glass underneath her words then tacked the paper to the secretary’s computer screen. Willow turned to walk away, but as a last thought she took the paper down: p.s. take Friday off. Satisfied, she taped the paper to the monitor again.

“Right this way.”

The waiter walked ahead of them, his black tuxedo and white gloved hands looking rather foreign to both Tara and Spencer.

Tara looked down at the boy and saw that he was looking very serious in his grey suit, and blue and grey striped tie. Tara nudged him playfully and was rewarded with a smile.

Tara and Spencer were shown to a small table near the center of the room. And as the waiter took their drink orders Tara surveyed the large dining room. Her eyes drifted over rounded glass tabletops, some draped in white cloth and others bare except for the candles that stood in the center of each table regardless of its surface.

“This is very nice isn’t it Mommy?”

Tara brought her attention back to the boy seated across the table from her. “Yes, it’s very nice.”

Tara watched as Spencer took his napkin from the table and draped it across his lap. He scooted himself to the edge of his chair and placed his hands folded neatly on top of the napkin in his lap. She was happy to see that he seemed to be back to his old self again.

“What are you going to order, little man?” Tara asked opening the menu the waiter had given them earlier. Spencer did the same, opening his menu and holding it in front of him so that his face and all but the top of his head disappeared behind the elegant, leather-bound menu.

“I don’t know…do you think they have French Fries here?”

“Oh, I’m almost certain…” Tara grinned at her son. He was definitely back to his old self.

“Hi. I’m meeting clients for dinner,” Willow said speaking to the host. She wondered if leaving out the word “potential” was being too pretentious. But she figured it really didn’t matter.

“Name please?”

“Willow Rosenberg.”

“Ahh yes, Miss Rosenberg. Right this way.”

Le Martinique wasn’t very packed that night; only a few tables were occupied, so it was easy to spot The Kirkland Group right away.

The Kirkland group was made up of Kirkland Senior and Kirkland Junior and a few odd suits thrown in for good measure. They ruled the market in children’s fashions and were worth their weight in expensive cotton. Willow was sure to hit the million dollar mark with this contract alone, putting her profit margins so far in the black that she’d have to buy a pair of binoculars just to see the top.

“Mr. Kirkland….so glad to meet you.” Willow smiled and extended her hand to the white haired gentleman. The other men at the table who’d stood when she’d approached were now reseating themselves.

“I hope I’m not too late.” Willow said taking a seat on the only wooden chair available. It happened to be next to Kirkland Jr. And Willow had to try hard to repress the urge to slide her chair away from the greasy looking man.

She’d known Kirkland Jr. for the better part of four years and each time she saw him made Willow increasingly uncomfortable. She had always suspected that he wanted more than a professional relationship with her, which was so totally out of the question that it wasn’t even a question anymore. It was a Picasso painting.

“No….not at all Miss Rosenberg. The guys and I were just having a drink. Would you care for anything?”

“No thank you.”

“Very well then. I suppose you want to get right down to business?”

Willow smiled, but remained a blank canvas. She’d let them think what they would and leave it at that.

As Willow listened to the men talk, she couldn’t help but notice the woman and child sitting at the table next to hers. Willow thought the woman was very beautiful and was finding it hard to tear her eyes away. She forced herself to though, otherwise she just knew the woman would feel her gaze, turn around, and catch Willow staring at her. Also, she figured it was important to listen to what Kirkland Sr. was blathering on about.

Tara could feel the redhead’s eyes on her again. The heat of the contact made the back of Tara’s neck feel warm. She had noticed the woman the instant she’d entered the dining room. Tara had never seen anyone with hair as red as hers was, and she found herself fascinated with the way it hung in layers around her face and down her back.

Throughout dinner Tara found herself unintentionally picking up bits and pieces of the conversation at the table across from she and Spencer. From what she could piece together the woman owned a large company of some kind and the men at the table were potential clients and theirs was a meeting of business.

“Mommy…I have to go to the bathroom.”

Spencer whispered this as if it were a dreadful secret. He put down his French fry and looked at Tara. “Do you want me to go with you, honey?” Tara asked, bringing her attention back to the little boy.

“No! I can go alone.”

“Okay. Go, then come right back.” Tara watched her son leave the table. Her eyes didn’t leave him until she’d seen that he had made it safely to the bathroom. Tara took another bite of pasta. As she ate, thoughts of Logan resurfaced. She couldn’t help but think about all that had happened that day. She was still feeling upset with her former lover for the callous way she’d been treating Spencer since the separation, but she supposed she’d have to let that go for now. There was nothing she could do about it that night.

Willow’s mind was on overload though, and she could feel her eyes itching to flicker back to the blonde. Willow was so preoccupied with trying to keep her eyes off the woman that she didn’t notice the little boy as he passed until it was too late. She felt the table jolt and before she could catch him he’d already tripped and landed face down on the floor. “Oh! Are you okay, little boy?” Willow jumped up, and knelt beside him.

Tara saw Spencer approaching from the corner of her eye, but she was so wrapped up in her own thoughts that her reflexes hadn’t reacted in time to catch the boy before he fell. He fell hard, landing on the carpeted floor in between Tara’s table and that of the mysterious redhead’s table. Tara saw the redhead jump up to see if Spencer was hurt. Tara followed suit. Coming to Spencer’s side she inspected him for injuries. “You okay, little man?”

“I’m okay. I just tripped…But I spilled my drink.”

Tara made eye contact with the redhead. They were on either side of the boy and each had one of Spencer’s arms. She wasn’t surprised to see that the woman’s eyes were the color of the sea, green and shimmering in the candlelight. Their gaze met and held momentarily before Tara dragged her eyes away.

“Goodness….you did, didn’t you?” Willow said taking note of the dripping drink as it made its way from tabletop to floor. Willow smiled, she couldn’t help but notice how smart he looked in his little suit and tie.

“I’m sorry Mommy.”

“For what little man?” Tara said, taking Spencer’s chin in her hand.

“For making a mess and ruining our fancy dinner.”

“You didn’t ruin anything, darling.” Tara looked into Spencer’s eyes.

Willow turned her gaze away from the mother and child. She felt like an intruder on a very private moment. “You’re okay then?” Willow asked. The boy nodded. Willow’s eyes met the other woman’s again.

“Thank you,” Tara said. She wanted to say more, but the men at the woman’s table were looking irritated by the interruption. “You should probably….” Tara motioned to the woman’s table full of stern looking gentlemen.

“Right…” Willow blushed. “I’ll just….” she made a sitting motion with her hand and awkwardly turned away to reseat herself.

An hour later, Willow sat alone at the table nursing the diet coke she’d ordered. Everything had went well. More than well, in fact. Everything had gone Grrr-eat! In Willow’s mind a vision of Tony the Tiger lifted his animated arm in celebration.

As it stood now Willow basically had the contract, all that was left was to find an artist that could come up with some designs for the line of children-sized sheet sets that The Kirkland Group was looking to produce. So far they hadn’t seen anything they’d liked from any other designers and if Willow could produce someone who could give them what they wanted then the contract would be hers.

Willow took another sip of her diet soda and a bite of chocolate cake. Her eyes idly scanned the crowd. There were men and women hunched over their plates speaking in low tones with romantic glints in their eyes, and there were older men with younger women, trying to impress them with lobster and caviar. Her eyes came to rest on the place that the woman and child had occupied only thirty minutes before. Willow had watched them leave with disappointment. She hadn’t even gotten the woman’s name and the odds were not in her favor for seeing the woman again; not in a city as large as Los Angeles was.

TBC

Last edited by Emms on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:40 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Post subject: Re: You Make Me Smile (working title)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:42 pm 
19. Yummy Face

Of course it's worth continuing, Emms! Hell...YOU'RE writing it...along with, what, 56 other stories? :lol You finish Sunflowers and suddenly think, "OMG! I don't have enough works in progress on Pens!" :lmao

Seriously, this is a cute beginning. I have a sneaky suspicion that Tara is going to turn out to be that artist...you know I'm right...just admit it.

I'm looking forward to more of this story...and Noibe's Silence...and The Art of Burning Bridges...and Art Appreciation...and.....

Carleen

Frivolous Views

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:56 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Simple Matters, Car, you forgot Simple Matters.

Emmy, you get the Writer with the Most Read Works in Progress Award hands down, no competition. There might be a keyboard or mouse as prize for that one :lmao

Nice start, Spencer the little man is cute, and wanting to be good to his Mommy. Love the
Quote:
“You must give me exactly one kiss.”

and a 6 year old dressing up in suit and tie? :lmao
I just gotta say :smash to Logan, for abandoning her child, not to mention Tara. They're better off without her. Don't come back, Logan!

Willow seems to be in need of something other than work.
Quote:
somehow she just couldn’t seem to coordinate her work life with her romantic life.

She's not her usual super organized self here is she? Plus forgetting to get Tara's phone number (or email, or YM ID, like one does nowadays). :no Ah well, I'm sure you'll bring them into contact with each other soon.
[br]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:00 pm 
19. Yummy Face

The Skimming watson wrote:
Simple Matters, Car, you forgot Simple Matters.

I didn't forget...you just didn't read my post carefully enough, pumpkin:

I, the smartass also known as Car wrote:
I'm looking forward to more of this story...and Noibe's Silence...and The Art of Burning Bridges...and Art Appreciation...and.....

Note that I ended the sentence with "...." implying that there are more fics that I didn't mention. Some can be mentioned...some cannot. So I just left it open ended and stuff.

Carleen

P.S. Check it out, Emmy -- You just posted and already your thread is being hijacked!

Frivolous Views

Last edited by GayNow on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:49 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Emms,
That ball of yarn has to be the size of a boulder by now what with all of the stories you have going but Miss Kitty can deliver a story with the best of them.
You Make Me Smile has a promising start to it as Willow and Tara seem to be from different worlds unless Tara will be the graphic designer that Willow needs for the campaign.
I always enjoy stories in which one of them has a kid as it shows another side to them and displays that maternal instinct which we know they both possess.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:37 am 
8. Vixen

A very nice start to your story. I really like the interaction between Tara and her son. I'd love to read more.

Quote:
There had to be more out there than business meetings and the staggered black line of commerce.

Love it! :applause

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:38 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

please continue! good start to the story. and what a cute kid. I can just see him falling over between their tables.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:50 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Hey Em great story,

I want to scream woooohooooooooo new fic...

It's a little mix between BTVS and L word isn't it? Why? well because of suit and fast ladies and LA. I absolutely love it...love ..love ...LOVE IT!!!!! I can't wait for more so hop hop you go write you little writing bunny lol. I'm with everyone above me you should get an award.

Quote:
You Make Me Smile (working title)

I like the title why change it?
I was just wondering a few day's back..you know that day with the black mail (maybe I shouldn't have said that)....well I was wondering when would Emms be writing a new NC17 and bammmm there it is wooohoooo....did you read my mind? scary!!!

Ok next time a really long reply from the Henster but I got to go... I'm waiting for an important phone call...no Em not a potential dating phone call....just a business call.

Henny

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:32 am 
19. Yummy Face

Emms! :wave You have a new fic :D I'm so excited :bounce :dance :D :party

Okay, I'm calm now. :blush

I just have to say one word before I do 'proper' feedback... & you'll probably be able to guess what I'm gonna say, but, I'm still gonna say it anyway... Magic!
Oh yes, right from the very first sentence, no, in fact, the very first word, that wonderful, undeniable Emms-magic is right there, shining through & making this story every bit as shiny & wonderful & beautiful as all of your other stories. :bow :clap

How much do I adore Spencer? He's such a cutie :x He's so smart, & polite & thoughtful & sensitive & exactly as a child of Tara's would be.
& the interaction between mother & son is absolutely adorable :x Tara's such a wonderful mommy.

Quote:
“You must give me exactly one kiss.” Tara turned her cheek to the side, presenting it to receive the suggested payment.

“Deal!” Spencer leaned over and gave Tara an enthusiastic kiss on the cheek.

That was so cute. :)

Okay, please may I use Bob to express my feelings towards Logan? :fit2
Stupid Logan, how dare she disappoint Spencer like that? I mean, the poor 'little man' thinks that she doesn't love him any more, it's just, completely unacceptable. :miff & poor Tara, having to watch her little boy's heart break every time Logan lets him down. :sob

Okay, now on to Willow, poor, lonely, hard working Willow :aww
Willow's done very well for herself, on the work front, & it's good to see her business doing so well, but she needs someone to go home to after a hard day at work... a nice, beautiful blonde someone... with a cute little boy.
:hmm Hmm, I wonder who could fill that role? ;) :D

What a cool, thoughtful boss Willow is, giving Phyllis the day off :)

Quote:
Willow tapped the eraser end of her pencil along the dark mahogany desk, which was fun…for a moment. The pencil left those little pink eraser smudges everywhere it hit. Willow couldn‘t tolerate that, so she licked the tip of her finger and rubbing it against the smudges, scrubbed the markings away.
I loved that bit, just from those few sentences, you've painted such a vivid, clear picture of Willow's character.
Oh, & there's a chance that I liked that part 'cos I can so relate to it too :blush Oh, except for the licking her finger to wipe the smudges away, 'cos if you do that, you end up with pink smudges on your finger & that's not good. Eraser smudges wipe away just fine with a dry finger.
I'm gonna stop babbling like an insane person now :blush

Oh, Kirkland Jr. kinda gave me the creeps, he can't be very nice if Willow had to fight the urge to slide away fom him *shudders*
I'm glad she got the account though, I'm just hoping it doesn't mean that she has to spend any significant amount of time with Kirkland Jr. *shudders more*

&, can I also just say, that every one of the men from the Kirkland group are jerks for getting irritated when Willow helped Spencer after he tripped - stupid men! : :mad

I'm babbling lots aren't I? I'm sorry, it's just 'cos I'm so excited that you have a new story. I'll stop soon though, I promise.
I just have to comment, on...
Quote:
Tara made eye contact with the redhead. They were on either side of the boy and each had one of Spencer’s arms. She wasn’t surprised to see that the woman’s eyes were the color of the sea, all green and shimmering in the candlelight. Their gaze met and held momentarily before Tara dragged her eyes away.
Wonderful, beautiful, magical, perfect... I loved it :x

Quote:
Willow had watched them leave with disappointment. She hadn’t even gotten the woman’s name and the odds were not in her favor for seeing the woman again. Not in a city as large as Los Angeles was.
Well, fancy not even asking what her name was. :spin
Oh, I can't wait for them to see each other again. & I'm with Carleen, you just know that Tara's gonna be that new designer that Willow's looking for.

Okay, I really am gonna stop now, honest :) But really, it's all your fault that I'm babbling so much, what with all this magical fic goodness to comment on :)

Quote:
Is this worth continuing?

As if you even have to ask, of course it's worth continuing, sweetie, any idea that pops into that head of yours is more than worth continuing. :D

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:01 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
:party Great start! I like the title, keep it if you're happy with it. It's simple, but it says a lot.

The beginning was a heartbreaker - Tara as a parent is so earnest and thoughtful and kind that it's ten times worse to imagine her disappointed. And any parent would be upset (not to mention sorely peeved) at having their ex cancel at the last minute like that. Thinking of Tara going back to Spencer, thinking 'how do I explain this?', knowing the disappointment... it's a tear-jerker, it really is :cry

Willow was her usual adorable self. So, she's looking for an artist, would Tara be an artist perhaps? She (or Logan, I wasn't clear on that) had an 'artist friend', so I'm sensing a possibility, and looking forward to it.

One last thing, and I acknowledge this is, y'know, insane... I just finished reading the update to Neverland, and that also mentioned Tony the Tiger. So now I'm worried about what the odds of that are, and whether it might actually be a 'Bad Wolf' situation and we're about to be invaded by Daleks :paranoid

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:03 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Oh, you had better continue Emms..this is really great and beautiful so far. And Spencer sounds really cute. Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

Post subject: Re: You Make Me Smile
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 3:33 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

Holy tolido!! A new story! YAY! But u cant forget about the other ones!!! i love this story so far and i especially love this line:

[blockquote]Willow smiled, but remained a blank canvas. She’d let them think what they would and leave it at that. [/blockquote]

hehe idk i just like it. Great start so far!! plz continue!!!!

ERIN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:57 pm 
28. Com...plete

yay! new story from ems :party
...but updates on Simple Matters and the Art of Burning Bridges are still required...
by the way, are u an artist? cause 2 of ur story titles have the word 'art' in them, and now this story with will looking for an artist, so i'm just curios...

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:16 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
So I open KB today and what do I see? A new story from Emms? I mean isn't that cool? I'm certainly not hooked on enough of Emms's stories so one more? Sure why not.

Very well started. They have that initial attraction and obviously mutual interests since I assume Tara is an artist and Willow needs one. Spencer is adorable and Tara seems to do a very good job with him. At first I thought Logan was a man and thought it was typical but turning out that she's a woman, I'm thinking of beating her with a shovel (a vague violent impulse is no one's friend).

Great start.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:34 am 
3. Flaming O

Hey emms
great story
i like the sudtileness between willow and tara with a child thrown in
it was so cute at an expensive resturant and him acting like the man of the house.

more please soon
you know i dont have patients

hahler

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:40 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Wow, that was a great first chapter! It's amazing how you come up with all of these fantastic stories. :bow I'm so looking forward to how Willow and Tara will cross paths again. Spencer is such a cutey, and I too love his nickname. Tara's ex really needs to get her priorities straight! Although it goes on all of the time, it's hard to imagine anyone hurting a child like that.

Wonderful start Emms, please continue!

-anna

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:49 pm 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Wow, I just want to thank you all for your wonderful feedback! You all are such a supportive bunch of people. :x Anyway....I've spent today working on this update, but I've run out of time to post replies tonight. I'll get replies out on Saturday though, for sure. :flower

All disclaimers apply.

Tara sat on the edge of Spencer’s bed. “Tonight was fun, kiddo. Did you have a good time?”

“Yeah…but I still wish I could be with Lee-Lee this week.”

“I know you do.”

“Maybe you could call her on the phone and make her come get me.”

“I can’t make her come get you Spencer. That’s not the way these things work.”

“Why not? When I’m being bad you make me do the right things.”

Spencer took Tara‘s hand in his, twisting his finger around her pinky finger “That’s right. I do. But that’s because I’m your Mommy and I love you very much.” Tara touched the end of Spencer’s nose, but she could tell he had more to say.

“But don’t you love Lee-Lee, Mommy, can‘t you make her do the right things too?”

“I care about Lee-Lee, because she’s important to you…but sometimes grown-ups--” Tara stopped. She didn’t want to go into too much detail, there were just some things Spencer didn’t need to worry about, and that was one of them…for now, anyway.

“It’s not fair.”

“I know it’s not. And I’m sorry that your feelings are hurt.” Tara said softly. She ran her fingers through Spencer’s blonde hair.

“Mommy…. Can I call Lee-Lee on the telephone before I go to sleep?”

“Of course, sweetie.” Tara gave the cordless phone, she’d carried in with her to Spencer, his small hands traced the number-pad before his finger found the speed-dial button with Logan’s name written across from it.

He held the phone to his ear for a long moment, before bringing it down again.

“Nobody‘s there…” Spencer held the phone out to Tara.

“Do you want me to sing it for you instead?” Tara knew what he was wanting.

“Okay.”

“Lay down.” Tara said, tucking the boys covers around him. “You snuggly enough?” Tara asked. Spencer nodded. “Okay then……”

“Goodnight my Spence goodnight
There are rain clouds overhead
Let it rain my Spence
Let it rain….
HmmmmMmmm
HmmmmMmmm
Let it rain…..”

“Sing it again Mommy….”

Tara sang it again, and again until Spencer’s eyes closed and is breathing deepened. And then she sang it once more this time more softly than the last. She put her heart into the short lullaby Logan had written for Spencer so long ago. She knew what he missed the most was hearing Logan’s voice.

Willow yawned as she tapped her finger against the can of fish food in her hand. The goldfish ate greedily, sucking up the medium sized flecks of food before the filter had a chance to whisk them from the top.

Willow paced the length of her spacious apartment coming to stop in front of the large window. She had a great view. And on clear nights like these the lighted windows of downtown LA looked like twinkling fairy lights. Willow unfocused her eyes until each pinpoint of light dismantled itself from the larger picture and transformed into tiny stars.

Willow lived on the top floor of a very prestigious building in a very prestigious neighborhood. But on nights like these she couldn’t remember why she had chose this life for herself. It wasn’t like she really cared about any of it…the fancy apartment and cars were only material items and held no real value aside from the all mighty dollar. And even the dollar depreciated as time wore on. All her material items could be bought again without any real loss. No. She didn’t really have anything of value. … Not like the woman at the restaurant, who had a family.

Willow could recall the tenderness in the woman’s voice when she’d spoken to her son…She’d called him “Little Man” Which was just the most adorable thing Willow had ever heard one person say to another. And there had been such a warmth in the woman’s voice…something so comforting and….valuable; there was that word again.

Willow turned away from the view. She let her eyes focus again and the twinkling stars turned back into lighted windows of the buildings below.

“Are you drunk, Logan?” Tara opened the front door and a wave of stale air hit her in the face. Logan was standing on the fount porch looking more as if she’d been poured there then if she’d walked of her own free will.

“Who are you, the drink police? I want to see Spencer.”

“No….You need to go and come back when you haven’t been drinking.” Tara kept her voice low, she didn’t want Spencer to see Logan this way.

This wasn’t the first time Tara’s ex had shown up drunk on her doorstep, she seemed to do it every time there was an altercation between herself and Kelly. Logan would show up at Tara’s, demand to see Spencer and then throw up in the bushes. On most occasions it wasn’t that difficult to divert the woman’s attention away from Spencer, but tonight there was something different shining in Logan’s inebriated expression. She was serious this time, and Tara knew that tonight, the other woman wasn’t going to be turned around so easily.

“Cut the crap, Tara. Where’s Spencer?”

“Not tonight Logan, he’s already asleep.” Tara casually put her arm across the doorway as a barrier between herself and Logan.

“I want to see my son!”

“Please…d-don’t do this now. He doesn’t need to see you this way. Tara braced herself as the woman tried to push her way through the doorway.

“Lee-Lee?”

Tara turned toward the sound of her son’s small voice. He was standing in the hallway peeking his eyes around the corner, his fingers gripping the wall tightly.

“Damn…” Tara breathed under her breath.

She and Logan exchanged looks; Logan’s was defiant and Tara knew the woman wasn’t going to back down, not even for the sake of Spencer. Logan took Tara’s momentary distraction as an opportunity to slip past Tara’s arm.

“How’s my guy, huh!?”

“Are you fighting with Mommy?”

Spencer’s voice suddenly seemed very little to Tara.

“No Sport. Actually I came to see you.”

“You did?” Spencer’s eyebrows rose in surprise.

Tara watched the expression on her son’s face go from apprehension to delight in three seconds flat. He ran to Logan, throwing himself against the woman’s legs, nearing knocking her down in the process. Tara was afraid that Logan was going to fall over, but the woman held her ground. Tara prayed that she wouldn’t try to pick Spencer up.

Tara sat on the couch in the living room, with her head in her hands. She could hear Logan talking to Spencer in his bedroom. The woman was putting on a brilliant performance…but Tara could see through the tears in Logan’s voice. She was doing it again. Tara could hear Logan telling Spencer things he was too young to understand and making more promises Tara knew the other woman wouldn’t be keeping.

After 20 or so minutes there was silence. Tara got up off the couch and made her way down the hall. She looked around Spencer’s open door. Logan had him on her lap. Spencer was asleep, his arms wrapped around her neck. Tara went back to the couch and tucking her legs up under her she sat and waited for it to be over.

When Logan finally came out of Spencer’s room Tara breathed a sigh of relief. “ You have to stop doing this, making him promises you can‘t keep.” Tara felt anger flare up in her chest. She breathed out trying to control the angry words she felt that were ready to erupt.

“I’m sorry.”

“You come over here and tell him that Kelly’s mean to you and cry and say how sorry you are and that you are going to change….He doesn’t need to know all that, Logan. He’s just a child. He’s not a grown-up. And I just don’t know what to do anymore…,” Tara continued when Logan said nothing “ You can’t keep showing up like this and then disappearing out of his life! It‘s not fair to him and he‘s hurting because of it.”

“I know….I need to do things differently. It’s just… hard sometimes.”

“No. It’s hard all the time. It’s hard for him. He just wants to have a relationship with you Logan. He l-loves you.”

“But you don’t, right?”

“No. I don’t.” Tara didn’t mean to sound so harsh. “ I don’t think I ever really did…” Her voice trailed off into silence.

They stayed there like that, in silence for a few moments before something seemed to snap inside the short-haired brunette. Logan didn’t turn around to look at Tara again as she left the house, slamming the front door behind her. Tara’s head fell back against the wall, her eyes staring blankly up at the ceiling.

*************************************************************************************

What have you got for me today, Lucy? Anyone new? Willow pulled up the major newspaper, online as she listened to her assistant read off a list of names over the phone. Willow sighed, she’d already taken a look at everyone on that list and thought their work was tasteless. Each one had lacked that something Willow was sure would clinch the deal for her; she thought Kitsch might be the word she was looking for. None of the artists on Lucy’s list had inspired anything in Willow beyond morbid curiosity and the urge to get out of their shops, certainly not the kind of vibe that would fit in the children’s design market … “Keep trying…” Willow put the receiver back into its cradle.

She scrolled down the pages of the Los Angeles tribune for anything that could possibly turn into a lead. There was nothing new going on, just the usual things; Art showings in some of the bigger galleries, and a few private collections listed for auction. But Willow was looking for the right artist, not the right artist’s work. Willow’s eyes traveled down the list of showings, double checking for anything she might have missed. And there it was, a single sentence grabbing Willow’s vision: Sidewalk showing this weekend featuring local artists and their varied creative works. Willow scrawled down the location on a stay piece of paper from her desk. This was it, she could feel it. This was exactly what she was looking for.

*************************************************************************************
On Friday afternoon, Tara settled in to work on her latest painting. Spencer was at school and the house seemed a little too quiet for her taste, so she’d decided to spend the day in her studio.

Tara’s studio had once been their garage but it hadn’t taken she and Spencer long to see it’s potential as a quiet place to create. There were large windows framed in white wood that let the perfect amount of natural light flow into the space. Along each window sill, in between small and tangled potted plants were beautiful green-colored glass bottles that Tara had put there to catch the light. The floor was concrete, which she kept covered with a drop-cloth. There were many small canvases hanging from the walls and the larger pieces stood propped up against the floor and the wall. Tara’s easel stood against the windowed wall, turned to the side so that she could stand bathed in sunlight as she worked. Spencer’s easel was much smaller and positioned facing Tara’s. They liked to work facing each other like that.

Tara took the cover off her latest creation. She dipped her brush in paint thinner before applying a bit of the oily red paint to the very end of her brush. The empty green bottles cast green flints of light across the canvas as the sun shone through them; the dancing light, creating blobs of green tint that skipped across the whitewashed walls.

Tara let her brush hover over the canvas before bringing the red paint down in one fluid motion, creating, in one stroke the side view of a mysterious woman Tara had yet to give a face to. Tara paused, staring at the canvas. Something was missing but she just couldn’t figure out what it was. She put the brush down, and wiped the back of her hand across her face. Maybe now wasn’t the best time to work on the painting, Tara decided. She really should have been deciding which pieces to display at the showing that weekend anyway.

TBC

Last edited by Emms on Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:28 pm 
6. Sassy Eggs

oooo oooo im starting to see a connection of willow and tara comming along yay!! well hopefully they meet soon! Well i wish i could write more but i gtg study for an exam on monday yuck!! Please continue!!

Peace Out!
ERIN

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:27 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Heh, I already love little Spencer, and hate Logan... You got a great story there :) I can imagine Tara making stuff for kiddos, its just so cute, and fits her so well. Can't wait for the next update, and I'll prolly check all those famous fics everyone seems to be talkin about, too. When I don,t have to catch the bus to get to school that is :P

See ya
Mel (whaa? I start signing my name now? :geek )

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:29 am 
19. Yummy Face

Update :bounce :D

Hey Emms :wave

Aww, poor Spencer, he really misses Lee-Lee & she's just being a big jerk who keeps hurting him over & over. You can't blame Tara for getting angry with her, Spencer doesn't deserve to have all Logan's problems dumped on him. :rage

This worried me a little...
Quote:
“No. It’s hard all the time. It’s hard for him. He just wants to have a relationship with you Logan. He l-loves you.”

“But you don’t, right?”

“No. I don’t.” Tara didn’t mean to sound so harsh. “ I don’t think I ever really did…”
Well, okay, maybe not worried, but, it gave me a slightly uneasy feeling in my stomach. :paranoid Why did Tara have a child with someone that she didn't really love? That kinda makes me think that Tara & Logan had a rather unhealthy relationship, & also, makes me dislike Logan on a whole new level.

Okay, enough about Logan, lets talk about Willow, in a whole, out with the old, in with the new kind of fashion. :) Yep, forget Logan, both Spencer & Tara will be better off without her; Willow would be a much better parent to Spencer, & a much better partner for Tara.

It's so cute how Willow's still thinking of Tara, & then that 'feeling' she got when she read about the Sidewalk showing - it's fate! :bounce It's all very exciting. :D

Quote:
This was exactly what she was looking for.
It certainly will be, in more ways than one. :)

Aww, Tara & Spencer's studio sounds like a lovely place to create. You really did conjure up such a beautiful image of the studio. :)
& it's so cute how Tara & Spencer both paint together. :x

Quote:
Tara let her brush hover over the canvas before bringing the red paint down in one fluid motion, creating, in one stroke the side view of a mysterious woman Tara had yet to give a face to.
Hmm, :hmm now I wonder who that could be? :D

I feel like I've missed something :hmm I can't think what though. I guess I'll just finish by telling you that, as usual, every single word was bursting with your wonderful, beautiful magic. I think that should just about cover anything I might have missed. :)

Hugs
Jeanne

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:33 am 
6. Sassy Eggs

Ah-ha, now I see where they are going to run into each other again. :-D Man, Logan is a real piece of work isn't she? Poor Spencer, she's really breaking his heart. The whole drunk, talking to him like he's an adult is disturbingly familiar. My gf, her ex, and the kids. Ooohh, shivers at the thought. Well written though! Can't wait for the sidewalk show...

-anna

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:55 am 
15. Apple Sauce & Tuna

Gorgeous update honey. Poor Spencer ..awww. No child should be put through that :x . Love sam xx

"Sometimes things happen between people that you don't really expect. And sometimes the things that are important are the ones that seem the weirdest or the most wrong and those are the ones that change your life." - Jessie Sammler. [Evan Rachel Wood]

Credit for icon: lj user crazedxinsanity

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:01 pm 
11. Fish in the Bowl

Interesting premise. I like how you've started out. I'm interested in the Logan/Tara backstory. Why did those two get together because it sounds like Tara was never in love with her, so what's the story? Nothing good, I'm sure.

As for Willow... well, she sounds like she's living a very lonely, empty life. And we all know what she needs to fill it, right? ;)

Looking forward to more!

"People flock in, nevertheless, in search of answers to those questions only librarians are considered to be able to answer, such as 'Is this the laundry?', 'How do you spell surreptitious?' and, on a regular basis, 'Do you have a book I remember reading once? It had a red cover and it turned out they were twins.'" -- Terry Pratchett

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 1:03 pm 
8. Vixen

:applause
This story is awesome! I really liked this line....

Quote:
Logan was standing on the fount porch looking more as if she’d been poured there then if she’d walked of her own free will.

That's too funny, and kinda sad. Keep the updates coming, I'm really enjoying this one. Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:11 pm 
3. Flaming O

please continue emms this is a great fic. that was me being polite(did it work?)
:bounce :dance :bounce :dance

:applause :applause :applause :applause :applause

hahler

p.s. look out rhi is after us after the back up board incident

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:31 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
No child should have to go through what little Spencer hasa to, with Logan. What she is doing is irresponsible and reprehensible and Tara should kick her out of their lives forever. Spencer obviously loves Logan, but she doesn't deserve any of it.

Willow is looking for an artist. Tara is an artist with pieces on show at the weekend. Niiiiice. Hopefully Willow and Tara will meet soon and Spencer gets the type of love from two parents that he deserve.
[br]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:24 am 
17. Mega-Witches

Emms, I love your new fic! Love the setup and the characterizations. The image of Willow looking out the window at the top of her prestigious penthouse, but being so lonely, was very vivid. Back before I came out and stuff, I used to imagine throwing myself into my career and being successful but lonely, and the image I had was always of myself in a high-rise apartment looking out the window very lonely. It was WILD to see that exact image in your fic.

Wouldn't it be a twist that would throw us for a loop if the artist Willow employed was not Tara, but Logan's new artist paramour?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:54 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

Heyyyy Em,

Loved the update!!!!! Every time I see Tara or Spencer saying Lee-Lee instead of Logan it cracks me up gives me a big smile... why? well it reminds me of Lu-Lu and Lu well cookies..and cookies yum yum... umm :blush yeah maybe I'm hungry ummm I can't help it. Cookies :x

Ok Ok don't slap me I will leave yeah a reply AU stop it ....Rhi/Hahler she is slapping me :cry

Seriously I loved the update and Spencer is so cute. I can't wait until that weekend featuring local artists yezzzzzz Tara isn't a local she is a big artists I saw her work you know!

I know everyone is hating Logan at the moment and off course it is a ...well I haven't got any words for what she did too Tara and still is doing with Spencer. I just think we have to give Logan a little room.

I think Logan got scared and wasn't really prepared to be a parent and everything beside that and maybe... even maybe she felt that Tara deep down didn't really loved her....don't get me wrong she loved Logan but not love love as a soul mate.

Beside that Logan has a problem with showing emotions yeah she can show them if she is drunk... that's the only way she lets go. It is hard to explain how people like that feel and it's even harder for them when they try to open up. Sometimes they can change but most of the times they hurt the people they love even if they don't want to they are kind of blind. She really loves Spencer. You saw her (well you wrote it) reaction when Tara said she thought she never loved her. Well Logan did and still does. Yeah I know she is with that Kelly girl but that is because she is scared to be alone and she knows what she did to Tara.

What I hope for is that Logan will find someone that loves her and understands her like Willow and Tara.

Don't get me wrong I know why Tara is angry with Logan and don't forget the readers of your story ...it is just I kinda with Spencer on this one we think different of Logan.

I thought this part is so cute....

Quote:
Tara’s easel stood against the windowed wall, turned to the side so that she could stand bathed in sunlight as she worked. Spencer’s easel was much smaller and positioned facing Tara’s. They liked to work facing each other like that.

So did this make up for my last reply? :smug

=========================================

SPECIAL NOTE FOR EM and HAHLER

Yeah I know she wants to take revenge on us....I all ready told her it's more my fault then yours. I started it well she said you two encourage me sooooo you better watch out!!!!!!...... Don't worry you know that saying Big dogs don't bite :lol

Henny

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:35 am 
30. Sweaty and Kinda Gay

Hi everyone! Okay....here is the first set of replies. These replies are for feedback on the first chapter. I'll get to the second chapter replies in a little bit. :x I just want to thank you all again for all your wonderful comments....I appreciate all your words so much.

*********************************************************************************
Carleen,

Quote:
Of course it's worth continuing, Emms! Hell...YOU'RE writing it...along with, what, 56 other stories? You finish Sunflowers and suddenly think, "OMG! I don't have enough works in progress on Pens!"

First....I don't have 56 fics! :lol
second...that's exactly what I thought....I think you might know me too well.... :lol

:love************************************************************************** :love
watson

Quote:
Emmy, you get the Writer with the Most Read Works in Progress Award hands down, no competition. There might be a keyboard or mouse as prize for that one

WooooHooooo! An award!! Be still my beating heart!! This is so sudden...I don't even have a speech prepared.... :-D

Quote:
I just gotta say to Logan, for abandoning her child, not to mention Tara. They're better off without her. Don't come back, Logan!

You forgot the "Booooo! Hiss!"

:love**********************************************************:love

Carleen (again)

Quote:
Note that I ended the sentence with "...." implying that there are more fics that I didn't mention. Some can be mentioned...some cannot. So I just left it open ended and stuff.

You know....at first I thought you missed Simple Matters too, but I scrolled back and saw the "..." and at once realized what you'd intended. Though....I don't know anyone that would use a "..." in place of the last item, when they've already taken the time to list all the others :lol it's kinda like...."hey I just wrote out this massive list with 56 items....but....I'm feeling a little tired now, so I'll just put "..." instead of actually typing that 57th item. :lol

Ooooooooo I've been hijacked!! Wooo Hooo!

:love***************************************************************:love

taralicious

Quote:
That ball of yarn has to be the size of a boulder by now what with all of the stories you have going but Miss Kitty can deliver a story with the best of them.

:blush thank you. Yep....my balls are pretty big.....Ooops *mumble* what I meant by that was...my ball....my one ball is getting pretty large.... :lol

Quote:
I always enjoy stories in which one of them has a kid as it shows another side to them and displays that maternal instinct which we know they both possess.

I think so too. I don't think there are enough stories with kids....everyone should write more More MORE!!! :lol

:love******************************************************************:love

dorksrcool

Quote:
A very nice start to your story. I really like the interaction between Tara and her son. I'd love to read more.

thanks for the feedback sweetie. You'll definitely be reading more in the future! Wooo Hooo, I'm so glad you're here! :flower

:love*********************************************************************:love

Guppy

Quote:
please continue! good start to the story. and what a cute kid. I can just see him falling over between their tables.

Oh, thank you. :-D I will indeed continue. And, I'm glad you liked the visual of Spencer falling between the two tables!

:love***********************************************************************:love

Henny

Quote:
I want to scream woooohooooooooo new fic...

hehe at least you don't want to grooooaaaannn new fic :p
thanks sweetie.

Quote:
It's a little mix between BTVS and L word isn't it? Why? well because of suit and fast ladies and LA. I absolutely love it...love ..love ...LOVE IT

Actually....I hadn't even thought of that...but now that you mention it :x it does have kinda a fast paced feel to it doesn't it? Thanks for pointing that out Henster!

Quote:
I like the title why change it?

I know.....and because of you and a few others, i've decided not to change it.

Quote:
I was just wondering a few day's back..you know that day with the black mail (maybe I shouldn't have said that)....well I was wondering when would Emms be writing a new NC17 and bammmm there it is wooohoooo....did you read my mind? scary!!!

First.... *biting nails* Don't mention the day with the blackmail *whispers* Rhi might be listening.... *scared* :lol
Secondly....Like I told ya before Henster, I'm a Pisces, we're all a little psychic :lol

Quote:
Ok next time a really long reply from the Henster but I got to go... I'm waiting for an important phone call...no Em not a potential dating phone call....just a business call.

Yeah right....it was soooo a dating phone call...just admit it Henny... :-D *ducks flying waffle iron*

:love**************************************************************:love

Jea!

Quote:
I just have to say one word before I do 'proper' feedback... & you'll probably be able to guess what I'm gonna say, but, I'm still gonna say it anyway... Magic!
Oh yes, right from the very first sentence, no, in fact, the very first word, that wonderful, undeniable Emms-magic is right there, shining through & making this story every bit as shiny & wonderful & beautiful as all of your other stories.

:blush

Quote:
How much do I adore Spencer? He's such a cutie He's so smart, & polite & thoughtful & sensitive & exactly as a child of Tara's would be.

I thought so too. Spencer's characters comes to me that way... he's always so sweet, polite and thoughtful. Unlike when I write for like say....Dresden from Simple Matters... Whenever I write for Dresden, he's always a little obnoxious, slightly protective and a tad sarcastic. :lol

Quote:
Okay, please may I use Bob to express my feelings towards Logan?
Stupid Logan, how dare she disappoint Spencer like that? I mean, the poor 'little man' thinks that she doesn't love him any more, it's just, completely unacceptable. & poor Tara, having to watch her little boy's heart break every time Logan lets him down.

Yes....you may use Bob. Logan is a Poo-Poo head! But if you have learned anything about me by now, you'll know that even the most rotten characters can develop into someone you might actually like a lot. :lol I bet by the time this story wraps, you're gonna be saying "You know...I really like that Logan, she's so complex and I totally understand where she's coming from. " :lol

Quote:
Okay, now on to Willow, poor, lonely, hard working Willow
Willow's done very well for herself, on the work front, & it's good to see her business doing so well, but she needs someone to go home to after a hard day at work... a nice, beautiful blonde someone... with a cute little boy.

Yes....Willow is poor, lonely, and hard working...but as you've pointed out she wont be staying that way for long....cause there's a certain blonde with a cute little boy....*romantic sigh* how convenient. :-D

Quote:
Oh, & there's a chance that I liked that part 'cos I can so relate to it too Oh, except for the licking her finger to wipe the smudges away, 'cos if you do that, you end up with pink smudges on your finger & that's not good. Eraser smudges wipe away just fine with a dry finger.

Ummmmm Jea? Has anyone ever mentioned to you that that's a little.....quirky? :eyebrow

Quote:
Oh, Kirkland Jr. kinda gave me the creeps, he can't be very nice if Willow had to fight the urge to slide away fom him *shudders*
I'm glad she got the account though, I'm just hoping it doesn't mean that she has to spend any significant amount of time with Kirkland Jr. *shudders more*

Ooooooo that would be a nice plot twist wouldn't it? :devil

Quote:
&, can I also just say, that every one of the men from the Kirkland group are jerks for getting irritated when Willow helped Spencer after he tripped - stupid men! :

Agreed.

:love****************************************************************:love

Chris

Quote:
The beginning was a heartbreaker - Tara as a parent is so earnest and thoughtful and kind that it's ten times worse to imagine her disappointed. And any parent would be upset (not to mention sorely peeved) at having their ex cancel at the last minute like that. Thinking of Tara going back to Spencer, thinking 'how do I explain this?', knowing the disappointment... it's a tear-jerker, it really is

I totally know what you mean...

Quote:
Willow was her usual adorable self. So, she's looking for an artist, would Tara be an artist perhaps? She (or Logan, I wasn't clear on that) had an 'artist friend', so I'm sensing a possibility, and looking forward to it.

Tara's the artist...hehe Oh! The possibilities!

Quote:
One last thing, and I acknowledge this is, y'know, insane... I just finished reading the update to Neverland, and that also mentioned Tony the Tiger. So now I'm worried about what the odds of that are, and whether it might actually be a 'Bad Wolf' situation and we're about to be invaded by Daleks

Oh no Chris...that's not insane at all :lol just a little.....paranoid :lol But I think you're totally right what are the odds that two people would have mentioned Tony the Tiger in their separate updates....the Daleks must be attacking..... :lol

sam Thank you sweetie!

Irene

Quote:
When my son was an infant, and even now, I dubbed him "Papito". What is "Papito" you ask? Well the word "Papa" is "Father" in spanish and "Papi" is a cute way of saying "Papa"...but "Papito" is an even cuter way of saying "Papa". Still hanging on? Well here's more: a slang term for a handsome man in spanish is "Papito". So my little Brian is my "Little Papito."

That is absolutely the sweetest thing I've ever heard!

I came up with "Little Man" as a nickname for Spencer because I used to call my little cousin Michael "Michael Man" all the time when he was a baby.

Quote:
My son tells me I shouldn't buy him anymore clip on ties...that big "mans" wear the other kind that "look like a rope".

:lmao Well...he's right. Big mans do wear rope ties.... :x

Quote:
Okay Logan has got to be out of her damn mind not to want to spend time with her son. How dare she? Children remember this stuff. I was so heartbroken when poor little Spencer was getting his luggage ready for his trip. When Lee-Lee is with Kelly, Spencer is not...so Spencer has already grasped the understanding that perhaps Lee-Lee is off to see Kelly instead of spending time with him. I hope she knows what she's doing. Spencer is getting older and if she doesn't spend enough time with him, and by time I mean quality time, he'll start becoming unattached to her and won't even want to spend any time with her at all.

That's exactly right Irene. I just hope Logan gets her priorities straight very soon...

Quote:
Willow Rosenberg + Graphic Design Company + Kirkland Children's clothing company x One million dollars (say this last bit like Dr. Evil) + one kick ass designer to design a kick ass sheet design set = TARA MACLAY to the nth power.
Am I right? Tara to be employed by one Willow Rosenberg? Hey I live in L.A....not so big...they can still find each other.

*cries* I failed math in school! It was my worst subject ever!! (I'm too much of a type "B" personality....besides...who's ever going to need adding or subtracting in the "real" world anyway :lol

Quote:
All of your fics "Are Grrr-eat" (Tony the tiger voice-over), Emms. I know that you hold all of them near and dear to your heart so I know that you will never abandon them. That said, I look foward to more updates from all your fics.

Thank you sweetie. And you are right, I would never abandon any of them. I just have this insane problem with needing "a story for every mood" If I only had one story going there would probably never be an update! cause I would have to be in a very specific mood to write it...With more stories, I can just float around to each one whenever the mood hits me :-D (it's very early here.....did that make any sense?)

Quote:
And one more thing before I sign off: Your chracterization of a six year old little boy is so spot on. As an Au Pair, you have a good handle of what children that age are like. The families or centers you work for are very lucky to have someone who has dedicated their life to taking care of children. My hats off to you Emms

Thank you so much Irene. Your words really have meant a lot to me and I'm so glad to know you've found my characterization of Spencer to be so "spot on" Writing children comes so easily for me, cause I've spent every day with them for many years. I've known a lot of six-year olds and that makes it easy for me to dive deeply into their moods/motivations and draw on that knowledge when I write. I'm glad to know that Spencer is coming across so clearly. :-D

I can't say enough how much I appreciate the feedback you leave. It's always so in depth and thought provoking...Thank you so much sweetie.

:love*********************************************************************:love

ERIN

I promise I wont forget about the other stories. Thank you for your feedback, I'm glad you're enjoying it sweetie.

:love***********************************************************************:love

CrazyTaraWitch

Quote:
are u an artist? cause 2 of ur story titles have the word 'art' in them, and now this story with will looking for an artist, so i'm just curios...

I dabble in the arts a little.......but I don't know if I'm good enough to be called an artist... :blush

:love************************************************************************:love

Debra

Quote:
So I open KB today and what do I see? A new story from Emms? I mean isn't that cool? I'm certainly not hooked on enough of Emms's stories so one more? Sure why not.

hehe. I'm glad you feel that way....cause I was almost sure there would be a collective groan from the masses. :lol

Quote:
Very well started. They have that initial attraction and obviously mutual interests since I assume Tara is an artist and Willow needs one. Spencer is adorable and Tara seems to do a very good job with him. At first I thought Logan was a man and thought it was typical but turning out that she's a woman, I'm thinking of beating her with a shovel (a vague violent impulse is no one's friend).

no....you're right a vague violent impulse is no one's friend... :lol

hahler

Thanks for leave feedback hahler! I'm glad you're liking......

anna

Thank you for the feedback sweetie! And, I know....Logan is really pissing me off too...she definitely needs to get her priorities in order.... :happy

***********************************************************************************

xoxo
Emms

Last edited by Emms on Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:40 am 
28. Com...plete

yay! chapter 2!!! :applause :bounce :party
Logan is evil...can i kill her? please???? :pray
she's just stupid ...and evil... and :rage
...but aside frrom that, great update Emms!

I hope, we'll have more happy ever after
I hope, we can all live more fearlessly...

~Jas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 712 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next