The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe - Willow & Tara Forever

General Chat  || Kitten  || WaV  || Pens  || Mi2  || GMP  || TiE  || FAQ  || Feed - The Kitten, the Witches and the Bad Wardrobe

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Willtaralympics 2007: An RKT Sports Spectacular
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:48 pm 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Topics: 1
Debra: you cover so much in such a short, compact piece. There's anticipation from Tara's side from the get go -- she was running and thinking about her boss, but there was an undercurrent that she was thinking about more.

Then we get to the flashback and wow, no wonder Willow was successful -- she went after what she wanted with so much confidence, it was like Tara had no room to say no. Not that she was ever going to -- she herself showed how she went after what she wanted too, turning the tables on Willow. They're headed for an intensely passionate relationship if/when things progress beyond the showers.

Oh, and within a short time, has Willow rubbed off on Tara already? Because
Quote:
Her heart rate was at 86% of max which was right on target for minute 48 of a 55 minute run.

is so Willow.

p.s. can I have a 4-nozzle shower too? Sounds heavenly.

[hr]

Vision Quest. Before I do replies, I just want to link to this video of a recreational blind skier and how ... free he seemed. If you're interested in disability sports, here's a one that shows disabled skiers -- including those without the use of limbs; paralysed skiers and amputees. There's a short section at the beginning that has a blind skier and guide. Please take a moment to watch them and be in awe of these athletes' achievements.

Vale -- thanks. I thought it's more angsty than sweet, but I'm glad you thought so.

Alex -- you're right, a "straight" skiing story could have been boring; and that this story could have been any sports. I seem to gravitate towards writing angst, don't I? Thanks.

SJ -- one of my most memorable memories of watching Ski Sunday was the cowbells. Thanks.

Michelle -- I wanted to write a story that was more about the people who do sports rather than the actual sporting event. It seemed fitting that an athlete's performance would closely connect with what they were going through in their personal lives. You're right, both were a journey. Thanks.

diamondforever -- yep, a twist, not unlike the turns they would have to go through in the slalom. Glad you liked it.

jixer -- Tara is beautiful, so it's easy to write her beautifully. Thanks.

shiraz -- I love your description of
Quote:
Snappy, bitchy, bitter, and stressed Tara.

because it was a realistic reaction to what she had to do through. I hope those were emotional tears, and you weren't too saddened. Happy ending = happy tears at the end? :)

Karinna -- I deliberately didn't want to dwell too much about Tara's blindness. It was a significant part of the story, but I didn't want to make it all "I'm blind, woe is me. Wah!" I think you got it straight away, after you read it, that she was unhappy because she felt like she lost control of her own life after the accident ... or even before the accident. I wanted a rites of passage story, and it could have happened to any athlete disabled or nor, but making her blind strengthened the impact and the importance of the journey to recovery.

Mary -- :lol at your take on "no more than two non-majority persons" -- it's like too much of a good thing. Thank you! for your lovely comments. I didn't want the blindness to be in the readers' faces, but there's no denying that it had to be a significant part of the story.
Quote:
One of the things you captured so well is that difficult dance b/w someone who, for whatever reason, needs a certain kind and amount of assistance and the person who provides that

Absolutely. I, too, am temporarily able-bodied, so I can't possibly have a true idea of how it is like to be in such a position. One thing that I can imagine and appreciate is that a disabled person needs help, but she is most emphatically not helpless. It takes a lot of "connection" between someone like Tara and someone like Willow, to achieve the balance. And that was the theme of the story -- of how that "connection" got lost, or skewed, and caused so much helter-skelter in all aspects of their lives.

Thank you as always and looking forward to your story. :)

Debra -- oh my. That's ... *gulp* ... huge praise. I can't read CA anymore, I don't know why. If I had to pick a favourite story of mine, I'd probably go for Earth, although I know it's not to everyone's taste. Anyway I didn't set out to write a big story -- when we were discussing an Olympics series, I was very sure I wanted a Paralympics event, rather than "regular" Olympics. To that end, I needed a sports that both Willow and Tara participated; and having them both as disabled athletes seemed to be overly emotional. I knew about blind sports, and I only decided to cover skiing after reading article after article that talked about the sense of freedom, and the trust between guide and skier. So no, I didn't know that much about blind skiing until I did research on it.

Quote:
during the Slalom, does Willow ski through the gates ahead of Tara or off to the side? If Willow skiis through them, if she misses one, does that count against Tara?

The International Blind Sports Federation (IBSA) rulebook was one of my primary resources. To answer your questions:
a) 1402.8.1 The Guide must guide the racer from in front for B2 and B3. For B1 the guide can guide from in front or behind.
b) 1402.9 The Guide must pass through all gates (except the start).
c) 1402.1 In all B-classes the competitor and his guide are a team.

So Willow skis ahead of Tara and they must both pass through all gates (except only Tara passes through the start gate). It's actually Team Willow and Tara who compete, rather than just Tara. I loved researching for this story, can't you tell?

There is backstory to why Tara was so unhappy -- the horrible accident, the disconnection with her life, with her sports, with Willow. Again, I wanted a balance between the fact that Tara was blind and that something like this could happen to anyone, to any athlete, to any couple. I didn't want to complicate matters with Willow's pov, but she experienced it all too -- the disconnect with Tara, the guilt over the accident, the sense of helplessness over her (perceived) inability to make Tara less unhappy.

Quote:
the lasting mental impression of a Willow who is enthralled with Tara from the first time she sees her and a 3-minute first kiss while cameras click.

I'm glad you have that visual as the lasting impression. Despite all the angst, there is a happy ending, no?

taralicious --
Quote:
with their heightened senses, all that is needed are sensory cues and guides to help them navigate the terrain.

Absolutely. Plus at that level, at those speeds? A lot of it becomes instinct. Thanks.

Emms -- hi there, I hope you enjoy the story if you get a chance to read it.

justin -- I wanted to show that it wasn't just being blind, it was like you said the accident and her lack of form. It was all related.

Quote:
her doubt her ability as a guide.

I don't think I wrote that Willow doubted her ability as Tara's guide. She was as frustrated as Tara because she felt guilty about the accident, tried to overcompensated and it affected her interaction with Tara. This in turn affected Tara, already having her own issues about her grip on life, form, and being generally frustrated. I'm glad you liked the ending, they had to reach some sort of journey's end.

db --
Quote:
Where did this come from?

Doesn't quite gel with the image of a 12 year old in a purple TCU cap prancing around taking pictures of food, eh? :lmao

As I mentioned to Debra, I didn't set out to write a big story -- you know, the emotionally manipulative story about someone with a disability that is the bread and butter of Oscar winning films. I did want to write about a tough emotional journey, and how different aspects of our emotional being are so closely interwoven together. Tara (and Willow, though I didn't show her pov) had to find their centre of gravity in their lives -- the balance, the connection. And only then can they apply that to their performance on the slopes, does that make sense?

Quote:
I loved the way it unfolded - it was almost like it started out completely black and you started filling in shadows and eventually the whole picture - motiviations, conflict, resolution, all came into sharp focus.

Wow. That was beautifully written, you who are so adept at drawing, painting and being artistically inclined. Hope you're having a safe journey home.

binky -- much appreciated feedback too. Thanks.

[br]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 6:26 am 
18. Breast Gal

Topics: 4
Title: Cyrano de Rosenberg
Author: Chris Cook
Rating: PG-13
Summary: A bit of light-hearted fun with foils.
Spoilers: None.
Copyright: Based on characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, created by Joss Whedon, and borrowing plot elements from Cyrano de Bergerac by Edmond Rostand, and a scene from The Princess Bride by William Goldman.

Notes: 1) It's been years and years since I fenced - and I was never good enough to do it competetively - so there's no doubt a whole bunch of factual errors in here. If you spot something that's clearly a mistake, a wizard did it.
2) Thanks to the RKT team as always.
3) Thanks to everyone here at Pens for keeping Willow and Tara going strong. I hope you enjoy this little offering.

[center]Image[/center]

En Garde

The clash of blades echoed around the gymnasium. Faith gritted her teeth and let out a hiss as the tip of Willow's foil jabbed into her abdomen, followed a second later by the redhead herself rushing past in the conclusion of her charge.

"En garde," Willow said, resuming her posture quickly as Faith turned to face her again.

"Oh come on Red," Faith complained, raising a hand as she ducked her head and pulled off her mask. "That's what, seventy or something? If you really need more practice, get it against something that won't ache the next morning..."

"Ten more?" Willow offered, lowering her foil.

"That's what you said twenty ago," Faith grumbled. "C'mon, let's take a break." Willow gave an exasperated sigh, then slid off her mask and followed the brunette over to the side of the gym.

"Are you still with whatsername?" she asked, as Faith stripped off her padded jacket and began doing her warm-down stretches on the bar.

"Which whatsername?"

"The one with the pink hair, from Berlin."

"Oh," Faith grinned. "Nah, that was just a-"

"-bit of fun," Willow echoed her, joining her in stretching her legs. "Do you ever actually have serious relationships?"

"What," Faith frowned, "and deprive you of the opportunity to give me that 'you shameless horn-dog' look every time I have a fling with some hot chick?"

"'Horn-dog'?" Willow queried.

"Anyway, what about you?" Faith countered. "Are you ever going to have any kind of relationship? Not counting the occasional moments of illicit sexual gratification you get from walking in on me when I've got some sweet-ass babe and we're-"

"No, and ick," Willow interrupted her. "I try to avoid those moments, thank you very much."

"Sure you do. Come on, what's up?"

"What makes you think something's up?!" Willow protested vehemently. Faith chuckled and swatted her on the ass as she walked over to the benches.

"Well, that tells me something is up," she grinned. "C'mon, tell auntie Faith what's got your panties in a bunch." Willow followed her, and sat down heavily beside her, watching the pairs of fencers sparring or practising moves.

"It's nothing," she said uneasily. "I mean, nothing important, it's just a... thing."

"A thing," Faith repeated. "A boy-thing? Don't tell me you're switching sides, I'd have no-one to go girl-spotting with."

"No!"

"Okay," Faith sighed in relief, "tell me about your 'thing'." Willow choked on her sports drink.

"Sorry," Faith said, patting her on the back as she regained the ability to breathe. "Bad phrasing. Unless... you haven't taken steroids and grown a penis, have you?"

"What the hell?!" Willow exclaimed.

"Well that's a relief," Faith snickered. "Talk, will ya? Willow talking means Faith silent, hence no more dirty jokes."

"It's worth a shot," Willow muttered. "Okay, I was... last week, you remember that tournament I went to in France, while you were off in Italy doing whatever you were doing-"

"Francesca, yeah," Faith nodded.

"...right," Willow glared. "Well, this one time I was on a train back to the hotel, and there was this guy and this girl sitting there."

"Making out?" Faith asked.

"No! The girl was, well, cute I guess, not exactly my type-"

"But you had a sudden, irresistible urge to do her, and now you're cursing the world for making straight girls hot too?"

"What happened to 'Faith silent'?"

"Sorry. Guy and girl, sitting, girl cute. Go."

"Okay. No, I didn't have a sudden irresistible urge to... anyway. No, she was just cute, and the guy was, you know, just some guy. Nothing out of the ordinary. But she was kind of dozing, with her head in his lap..."

Faith opened her mouth to interrupt, but closed it again at a glare from Willow.

"She was dozing," Willow resumed, "and he was just stroking her hair, really lightly and gently, and looking down at her like she was the most wonderful thing in the world, and being there, just stroking her hair, was the best possible thing he could ever be doing with his life just then."

"...and?" Faith asked, as Willow sighed morosely.

"...and then I went back to my hotel room, alone, and went to bed," Willow finished.

"Ah," Faith nodded sagely. "Auntie Faith has the answer - you need a girlfriend."

"I don't have time for dating and all that," Willow protested.

"Sure you do - I manage."

"Your 'dates' consist of asking a girl if she wants to fuck," Willow pointed out. "That's not really difficult to fit around a training schedule."

"I'd be deeply offended if that weren't quite accurate," Faith shrugged. "But seriously, I could set you up-"

"No, seriously," Willow countered, "I don't have the time. I have to keep up my training and competing if I want to be anywhere near ready for '08, and I need to work on my program too, so taking evenings off to go looking for the love of my life isn't an option, even if it weren't for the fact that I'm not exactly turning heads."

"Entirely not true, but how about this, I met this girl at the Rome training camp, and she's here for the tournament-"

"No," Willow shook her head. "I appreciate the effort, but... this is just how it has to be. There's fencing, and there's having a love life, and right now I have to choose one or the other. Some time down the track, sure, once I'm not busy with training and competing and mathematically modelling the foil fencing style, and once I'm actually confident enough to talk to an attractive woman I like without making a complete idiot out of myself, but that day is most definitely not today."

"You don't... okay," Faith stopped herself, as Willow shook her head again.

"Okay," the brunette conceded, "no more trying to set Willow up on a date."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Thanks," Willow sighed.

"Anyway, I've got something else in mind," Faith said slyly. "There's this girl-"

"Faith-"

"No, not for you," Faith insisted. "See, I've seen her around, and chatted a couple of times, but... I don't really know how to make the next move."

"You?" Willow asked in disbelief. "Since when have you had trouble talking to women?"

"This is different," Faith shook her head. "This one, she's not just 'one night of fun' stuff, I kind of... I want to actually date her, you know? Conversation that doesn't revolve around which body part we're putting where, that kind of thing."

"Never thought I'd see the day," Willow blinked in surprise.

"I know, me too," Faith laughed. "But seriously, this is the thing - I'm not good at all that stuff. You know, talking, and romance, and..."

"Don't tell me you want my help," Willow snorted. "Does the blind leading the blind ring a bell?"

"No, not that - just talk to her a bit," Faith suggested. "Look, you won't be all twisted up in knots when you see her, so you can just wander over between bouts and, you know, strike up a conversation, or whatever. Find out what she likes, and what she's interested in... give me something to hang onto when I actually ask her out on a date, so I won't make a complete fool out of myself...?"

"I don't believe this," Willow said bluntly.

"Hey, I wouldn't have bet on being bit by the love bug either," Faith shook her head ruefully. "But here I am, and... this is important. I know I annoy the shit out of you, but you're the closest thing I've got to a friend, so... would you? It'll just take a few minutes, maybe chat to her once or twice, that's all I'm asking."

Willow looked intently at Faith for a moment, the nodded.

"I'd love to know why it is I can't refuse you anything," she muttered, with a grin sneaking through her mock-scowl.

"Because you love me madly," Faith chuckled.

"'Mad' is right."

[center]Image[/center]

"That's her," Faith said, glancing over Willow's shoulder. It was an hour later, and the gym was full to capacity with fencers doing last-minute training for the next day's first round of eliminations. Willow tried to look where Faith was looking.

"Isn't that Buffy?" she asked. "I thought you knew Buffy already."

"No, not... is it?" Faith asked. With everyone in white padded outfits and full face masks, telling one another apart was something of an issue.

"Damn it, this is why I wear black," Faith grumbled. "Wish they'd let me do that in actual tournament bouts... Wait, I see her - there, on the piste just past where Buffy is. The blonde ponytail, with the blue pistol grip. She's just finishing up."

Willow peered through the fencers, to where Faith was pointing. A pair were indeed saluting and removing their masks - one was a slim Russian Willow knew vaguely, the other she didn't recall having seen before.

"Is she new?" she wondered, trying to study the blonde without being too obvious about it. The woman's features were striking, until she reached back to undo her ponytail and her face was half-hidden behind a curtain of honey-gold hair.

"Go talk to her," Faith whispered, subtly shoving Willow forward.

"What, now?"

"Just go! Gossip, gather intel, tell her about your program if you have to. Don't mention me, I don't want to tip her off until I'm ready..."

Willow frowned over her shoulder, but composed herself and strolled over to where the blonde was packing up her mask. Faith overheard her casual "Hi, I'm Willow," then the pair were close enough not to need to raise their voices, and she simply watched.

[center]Image[/center]

"Crap, crap crap, I'm late," Willow muttered to herself, striding briskly through the corridors surrounding the gym.

"Red!" Faith called out. Willow drew up and turned, then waited for Faith to catch up to her.

"So?" she asked, as Willow resumed her quick pace.

"So, I was meant to be back at the hotel half an hour ago," Willow complained. "I've got a call scheduled in ten minutes with the motion capture guy for my program, and calling his cellphone on the other side of the planet to say I'll be late kind of defeats the point of using the internet as a cheap phone in the first place, although of course two minutes on a cell is still cost-effective to facilitate an hour-long conversation over the net, but it's the principle of the thing..."

"What kept you?" Faith asked, grinning. "Did you talk to Tara?"

"In reverse order, yes, and that," Willow nodded. "I shouldn't have stayed so long, but I forgot to check my watch, and I guess I got kind of caught up in it..."

Faith pushed the sports centre's front door open for Willow, and followed her towards the street.

"I'll pay for a taxi," she offered. "Seeing as you were doing my bidding and all."

"'Doing your bidding'?"

"It sounds cool, don't burst my bubble," Faith warned. "I'm going back anyway, you can tell me all about Tara on the way." She raised a hand and let fly with an ear-piercing whistle.

"Okay, well, she's... you know her name?"

"Overheard it in Rome," Faith said quickly, as a taxi pulled up. "Get in and keep talking."

"Right, well... I don't know what to say, I wasn't really quizzing her on her life story, we just talked, you know? Okay, let's see... She started out in epée but switched because she likes the lighter blade, heh, funny thing, she avoided sabre for the same reason as me-" Faith finished telling the driver where to go and glanced over at her.

"You chickened out the first time you saw a sword heading towards your face?"

"I didn't quite phrase it like that," Willow frowned, as the taxi moved off. "But yeah, we're pretty much in agreement vis-à-vis the head not being a target area... I'm not really sure how that'll help you talk to her, Miss Triple-Discipline."

"Can I help it that I'm awesome at everything I try?" Faith grinned winningly.

"Except having actual conversations with gorgeous women, apparently," Willow said slyly.

"You'd say 'gorgeous'?" Faith asked.

"Well, yeah - you've seen her. This is the woman you wanted me to quiz so you can ask out, remember?"

"Yeah, sure," Faith nodded quickly, "I just meant 'gorgeous', from you... high praise, and all that."

"I... suppose it is," Willow shrugged. "She is really attractive... and this thing she does when she smiles, she sort of does it lop-sided, it's really cute. Don't ask, I can't do it - I actually caught myself trying to do it back to her, just to sort of, you know, but I didn't want her to think I was making fun of it, which would've been totally wrong, I just wanted to smile at her like that, when she said something funny, seeing as she did it for me... which sounds kind of weird-"

"Yep, you're a nut," Faith snorted. "Go on?"

"Uh... oh, she acts, just in amateur productions, in between travelling for tournaments and stuff. This is funny - coincidental funny, not ha-ha funny, well, actually kind of both, but you know what I mean - it's because of 'The Princess Bride', that's what started her fencing-"

"No kidding?" Faith asked, eyes wide. "Did you tell her you too?"

"Ah, no, not really," Willow admitted. "And yes, no kidding, hence the 'it's funny' line. It didn't start me fencing, I just happened to see it at a formative stage..."

"Yeah, and your mom couldn't get your first foil out of your hand after that, and you got a huge crush on Robin Wright, that's what I call 'formative'. You should've told her, you could've compared notes on swashbuckling."

"I don't swashbuckle," Willow insisted. "And anyway, we weren't talking about me - I'm not the one head over heels about Tara, remember? Anyway, where was I...?"

"Acting?"

"Oh, yeah, right. Yeah, well she said it's just because it looked like so much fun in the movie, this one time a couple of years later a children's theatre group near where she lived was staging it... I wonder how they did the quicksand, it's not like they'd have had much of a budget to work with... doesn't matter, anyway, she tried out, and ended up being Westley, and..."

[center]Image[/center]

Prêt

Willow narrowed her eyes, keeping Amy's foil in her field of vision, but concentrating on her left hand, just visible behind the edge of her mask. Some kind of weird predestination had put Willow against Amy in the opening bout of nearly every tournament they two had entered over the past few years - so much so that Faith liked to refer to the Frenchwoman as Willow's 'arch-nemesis' - but Willow's obsession with studying details had shown her the way to win early on, and since then she had never lost a bout.

Amy's left forefinger curled inwards slightly, and Willow held herself carefully still, recognising the unconscious tell signalling an immanent lunge. True to form, just a fraction over a second later Amy swiped her foil at Willow's and followed it up with a quick lunge at her chest. She was one of the faster women in the tournament circuit, and often scored with a lighting-quick parry/lunge, but forewarned Willow had no trouble dipping her blade beneath the parry, giving Amy's foil the slightest tap in return to steal priority from her, and straightening her arm to let Amy knock herself out of the competition by lunging into her. She heard the muttered curse from behind her opponent's mask, and allowed herself a satisfied smile as the hits registered on the electronic scoreboard and the referee called the point for her.

After the salutes and disconnecting her wire from the scoreboard Willow skirted the edge of the gymnasium, glancing at the other bouts in progress. Faith's lucky mask, with its neon blue stripe across the face, was distinctive, whenever she was allowed to wear it by the tournament officials, and Willow picked her out in no time, trouncing an opponent she didn't recognise. A blonde ponytail whom Willow guessed to be Buffy, based on her habit of tracing figure eights in the air with the tip of her foil between parries, was guardedly testing the measure of a tall woman who kept her unarmed hand down low, almost behind her back, as she moved.

Her eye fell on a pair of fencers on a nearby piste, in the process of saluting each other and the referee before beginning their bout. One was a woman she remembered seeing at a tournament some time ago - she made a mental note to check her competition notes, in case they met in the next round - and the other, glimpsed in the instant before she put her mask on, was Tara. Willow blinked and peered at her, not quite sure she had seen her - yes, she realised, there was the streamlined blue grip in her hand as she raised her foil. She hadn't had a chance to see the blonde fence before, and she sidled closer to watch.

Tara's opponent was good - seeing her in action jogged Willow's memory of a competitive, technical fencer, with perhaps no great style, but a deep reserve of manoeuvres that could reliably expose any weakness. The first touch went against Tara after a flurry of parries, but Willow made a shrewd guess that this was just the blonde gauging her enemy - afterwards she went on the offensive more, and was quicker to parry and counterattack when her opponent ventured a move. Willow found herself enjoying watching Tara move - she was so used to watching fencers at work that it was refreshing to see one who sparked memories of earlier times, when swift footwork and deft parries seemed magically choreographed.

Tara's legs were powerful, she noticed - the blonde didn't rush, or stamp the way Faith did to unnerve opponents, but she never let her stance become lazy, not even for a second, and Willow knew how difficult it could be to maintain that level of tension in her legs. Tara was always ready to strike, yet her attacks were fluid rather than opportunistic - she didn't snatch at chances, she just made sure she was ready when they presented themselves. Having equalised, Tara pulled ahead when her opponent drove her back a few paces and paused to decide on her next attack - far from being on the back foot, metaphorically or literally, Tara's foil snuck under her defences before she knew what was happening.

"Morning, sunshine," Faith said from behind her. "She's something, huh?"

"Hmm," Willow nodded absently. "I saw you winning."

"Yeah, no sweat," Faith grinned. "Took a shot at her face on the first attack, and she was peeing her pants the rest of the bout."

"You what?" Willow frowned, turning to Faith.

"I didn't actually get her," Faith insisted. "But she knew I did sabre and epée, so I just lunged high and let her freak herself out thinking I was going for her head. I got the point down before the touch. You won too, yeah?"

"You saw?"

"Nah, you just get this little pissed-off furrow in your forehead when you lose," Faith quipped. "Kind of 'how could my meticulous battle plan not have worked?' - supervillain lite, I guess."

"Thanks," Willow deadpanned, concentrating on Tara. The score was four to one in the blonde's favour now - one more to go.

"You see the legs?" Faith asked.

"Uh-huh," Willow nodded.

"Bet she's got a great butt," Faith mused.

"What happened to true romance?"

"Hey, just because I'm genuinely affectionate doesn't mean I don't appreciate a smokin' hot ass," Faith protested, nudging Willow. "Hey, I got an idea."

"I'm not taking your camera phone into the showers after her," Willow warned.

"You've got a wonderful opinion of me, you know that?" Faith griped. "Nah, look, Buffy's heading out to some café or something for lunch, and I invited us along just to pass the time before the afternoon bouts..."

"That's time I could be using to prepare," Willow complained.

"Prepare shmapere," Faith grinned. "It's not the Olympics yet, chill out a bit - besides, you can hand these girls their asses any day. No, what I was thinking was, maybe you could, you know... ask Tara? To come with us? Then it's not like a date date, or anything, just friends having lunch, and you know... maybe I could talk to her a bit... just casually, or something... Please?"

"Okay, okay," Willow shrugged. "Seriously, nervous Faith gives me the willies, you've got to stop doing that."

"Can't be helped," Faith said cheerfully. Tara scored the final touch - swaying elegantly sideways so that her opponent's foil sailed half an inch past her body, and tapping her stomach in return for the point - and Faith gave Willow a pat on the butt, which she presumably thought was reassuring, and shoved her forward before making her escape.

[center]Image[/center]

"I do not believe you," Willow complained, after Buffy and Tara had gone their separate ways, leaving her and Faith alone in the corridor.

"Uh, would saying 'sorry' help?" Faith cringed.

"You talked to Buffy! All the time! Are you even trying to get Tara interested in you?"

"Of course I am!" Faith protested. "It's just..."

"Because normally you're about as circumspect as a meteor strike," Willow went on, "so I can only assume this is some kind of brain trauma at work, or you've been replaced by a duplicate Faith from a parallel universe..."

"I got cold feet," Faith shrugged. "Besides, you were talking to her-"

"Someone had to," Willow pointed out. "What was I supposed to do, invite the poor woman to lunch and then have her sit there being ignored while you and Buffy compare sabre plays? You could at least have talked about a style Tara actually does so she could join in without feeling like a novice when you start going on about slashes."

"I'll make it up to you," Faith promised. "Buffy said Cordelia beat Sam, so you've got Cordy next, right? And your quarter final will come out of Anya or Harmony-"

"Anya, then," Willow nodded.

"Right, and you can take her in twenty seconds, so-"

"She's kind of tough," Willow noted. "Persistent, you know?"

"Nah, I saw her doing some moves yesterday, she's not doing anything different to last month in Hamburg, and you wiped the floor with her then. So you'll be through your bouts in no time, I'll apply my usual combative genius and get through mine, then we'll go find a video store, rent 'The Princess Bride', and have ourselves a movie night, huh?"

Willow shot a glare at Faith, then sighed.

"I wish I'd never told you about that movie," she complained. "Every time I have a very valid reason to be annoyed at you, you just wave Robin Wright at me, and-"

"You give in, who wouldn't?" Faith grinned. "There's no better Buttercup... but y'know what, I'm kind of liking the idea of Tara as Westley. 'As you wish' indeed..."

"Well how about you try taking this crush of yours seriously?" Willow sniped. "She doesn't deserve to have you messing around like this."

"You like her?" Faith asked slyly.

"Yes I do," Willow nodded. "Aside from the novelty of actually being able to talk to one of your girlfriends, yeah. So... don't screw this up, okay?"

"I'll do better, I promise," Faith said, hand on heart. She held open the gymnasium door for Willow. "Now go kick Cordy's butt so we can get on with things."

"As you wish," Willow sighed wearily, offering Faith a slight smile by way of forgiveness.

[center]Image[/center]

"You're amazing!"

Willow pressed her opponent against the rocky parapet, rapiers locked between them.

"I ought to be after twenty years," she quipped. She gave a little extra shove for emphasis, sending some loose stones toppling over the edge, clattering down the face of the Cliffs of Insanity.

'Oh, the Princess Bride dream again,' her inner monologue realised, while her surface played out the familiar role.

"There's something... I ought to tell you," the woman in black hissed.

"Tell me," Willow replied casually. She was unprepared for the sudden shove that sent her staggering back - she had thought she had gauged the measure of the woman's strength, and bested it. Apparently not.

"I'm not left handed either," the woman said, grinning a teasing lop-sided grin. She tossed her rapier from her left hand to her right and flourished it, with an accompanying heroic fanfare.

'Hang on,' Inner Willow frowned, while Outer Willow had her sword jolted out of her hand, and backed down the steps from the parapet, with her opponent courteously gesturing her to retrieve her blade. 'Since when am I Inigo? Faith's Inigo, that's how the dream always goes after a Princess Bride night.'

She watched as the woman in black followed her, planting her sword in the ground with an overhand flip, then swinging down, with a backflip off the convenient horizontal beam, and landing next to it. She knew Faith's style, and though she didn't have any particular romantic ambitions towards her, travelling and training - and occasionally showering - together meant she knew the brunette's body passably well too. The woman in black wasn't Faith.

"Who are you?" Inner and Outer Willows asked at once.

"No-one of consequence," the woman in black predictably replied.

"I must know."

"Get used to disappointment."

"Please?"

'That's not right, it's supposed to be 'okay', and then advance, retreat, turn, parry between the legs, jump the low swipe...' Willow raised her blade, but the woman in black had skipped ahead, and was already circling the tip of her rapier in front of her face, dazzlingly, confusingly fast. Before she knew it, Willow was disarmed.

'Wait, don't I at least get to do the cool bit where I catch my sword out of the air?'

She knelt and looked up at the woman in black, who was advancing slowly, smiling at her with a mix of regret and affection. The scripted 'kill me quickly' was on her lips, but instead she heard herself repeat: "Who are you?"

"No-one of consequence," her opponent replied, leaning down, taking Willow's chin in her hand, guiding the redhead's lips to hers.

'Wow... lucky Buttercup,' Inner Willow panted, as the mesmerising lips tasted her, then retreated. Willow lifted a hand to the mask covering the woman's face, and slowly drew it off, releasing a wave of honey-blonde hair, and revealing her face-

[center]Image[/center]

Allez

Willow rummaged inside her equipment bag for the twentieth time, moodily rearranging the contents of the various inner pockets. The sounds of sneakers squeaking across the wooden gym floors and the clatter of blades did little to soothe her frazzled spirits.

"Hey Red, get your gear on!" Faith said breezily, sitting down beside her. Willow jumped guiltily and looked sidelong at her.

"Why?" she asked. "My semi isn't until after lunch..."

"I thought you knew?"

"Knew what?"

"I thought that's why you bugged out of the hotel room early this morning," Faith said, frowning. "They rearranged the whole schedule for today 'cuz... actually I have no idea, some crazy official reason. You and me are in the semi-final together!"

"I thought you and Tara were on now...?" Willow muttered, trying to piece things together from Faith's haphazard explanation.

"I wish!" Faith chortled, eliciting a guilty cringe from Willow. "Nah, she's taking on Buffy, and you and me have a date in five minutes - get your gear on, there's a semi-final waiting for us!" She gave Willow a friendly slap on the shoulder and sauntered off, leaving the redhead even more confused.

[center]Image[/center]

Willow and Faith saluted and pulled on their masks. The tournament wasn't a large one - the real professionals among the field had attended just to pass the time between big tournaments with something more interesting than repetitive training - but the finals day had attracted a small crowd of locals, and a handful of tired-looking sports journalists with notepads and flashless digital cameras, arrayed around the edge of the gym hall and packed into the two tiers of seats against the far wall.

"En garde!" the referee called. Willow came to her ready stance and held her foil loosely.

"Prêt! Allez!"

Faith made the first move, as always, but Willow knew her too well to be startled by her aggressive stamp-and-lunge opener. Normally she would have been horrified at the prospect of going into a bout without having done her 'homework' - studying the video clips stored on one of the collection of external hard drives she hauled around with her laptop, and using her prototype modelling program to break each fencer's moves down into mathematical patterns she could analyse to her detail-obsessed heart's content - but she and Faith had trained together so long, and faced each other in bouts so many times, that there was really no need to prepare. Which was just as well, as Willow was quite unsettled enough by matters that had little to do with fencing.

'So Tara versus Buffy... Buffy's been a bit down in the doldrums this week, and she hates having her schedule messed around with almost as much as I do. And Tara's good, and a different kind of good to what Buffy's used to. She could win. Which means whoever wins this bout goes into the final with Tara.' Her dream replayed itself in her mind - fencing against Tara took on a whole new level of desirability. Willow noticed Faith had left an opening low, and used an attack she knew had a way of drawing Faith out - sure enough, she drew the high parry, and snuck underneath it to score. One-nil.

'Four more, and then Tara! Wait, that's ridiculous, it's a bout with her, not a dinner date. Get a grip. Besides, it's not like I could date her anyway, hello, klutz at talking to women, remember-' Willow's train of thought derailed as Faith used a punching parry against her, rattling the foil in her hand before she could tighten her grip - she had never quite gotten fast enough to keep the brunette from using that trick every now and then. One all.

'Besides, Faith's the one with the crush on Tara, not me. She'd just love me putting the moves on the one woman she's actually got a genuine crush on... crap!' The bout had barely restarted when Faith put all her strength and speed into a rush, catching Willow a fraction of a second off guard and scoring again. One-two.

'I have a crush on Tara,' Willow admitted as the bout restarted. 'When the frilly heck did that happen? How, I mean, I barely know her, we... spent all of lunch yesterday talking. And the day before, we just went on and on, and... it was good. Better than good. Great. I could've kept talking and listening to her until I fell asleep in her lap. Mmm.' Knowing Faith liked to wallow in the afterglow of an aggressive victory, Willow exposed her side to draw another rush, and this time retreated just in time to parry and regain priority for the hit. Two all.

'Oh come on, I don't know anything about her, not really! I... well, I know she does amateur theatre on the side. And she loves 'The Princess Bride' as much as I do. And she likes to imagine her moves being set to music, it helps her move smoothly. And she's allergic to shrimp, which is fine, I never liked them anyway. And she likes horse-riding, which... I can cope with, I'm a big girl. And she laughs, and smiles, and it feels so good, and why the heck didn't I notice that before?' Out of sheer surprise Willow missed evading a tentative parry from Faith, and got a foil tip in her stomach half a second later as a result. Two-three.

'Okay, that's it! I am winning this bout, and that's that. And I'm asking Tara out, and that's that too.' Willow surprised Faith with a decisive attack as soon as they restarted, lunging high and swirling her foil down low to evade the parry and score. Three all.

'But... this is the only woman Faith's ever actually told me she's interested in for more than a one night stand... or a two-week stand, that time in New York... Actually personally attracted to, not just physically. And I'm going to move in on her? I know she mostly just annoys me, but she's...' Willow frowned, retreating a couple of paces to buy a moment to sort out her thoughts as Faith made a tentative advance. Faith had been with her for years. Faith had sat through endless lectures on Willow's geek project-of-the-month, which - Willow realised - were probably utterly boring to her, but she'd never complained... 'Well, okay she complains, but always smiling. Never really.' She tried to think of one instance, in all the time she had known Faith, where the brunette had refused her anything - first use of the shower in the morning, coffee instead of coke, using the only phone line in the hotel room... she couldn't think of one time. Not one.

'She's my friend,' Willow realised. 'She really is. I can count on her. And now I'm going to mess up the one time she's ever had a real crush? What kind of miserable friend am I?' As if to underscore the point, Faith dodged a probing parry and snuck through the redhead's defences to plant the tip of her foil lightly over her heart, thudding against the rigid chest protector beneath her jacket.

'Get it together, Rosenberg!' Willow chided herself. 'She's been, okay, mildly annoying all the time, but she's never been a bad friend to me, and gosh darnit I am going to be a good friend for her. I'm going to... I won't get in her way. She can ask Tara out, and... and that's that.' She felt a pang of guilty jealousy, which she quickly suppressed, her expression hardening with resolve behind her mask. 'So just let her win the bout, and... wait a minute, she doesn't need to win the bout to ask Tara out-'

Too late Willow realised she had been letting her foil drift off to the side, presenting her body as an easy target, and before she could recover Faith had taken the opportunity, and won the bout with a clean lunge.

'Oh... crap,' Willow winced, as Faith recovered, and the modest crowd gave polite applause as the referee called the score.

[center]Image[/center]

To The Victor Go The Spoils

Willow leaned against the wall beside the spectator seats, trying not to look too glum, in case Faith happened to glance her way. There had never been any real rivalry between them, but she hated to have lost out of carelessness, and after their bout Faith had been more concerned at Willow's momentary lapse than she was pleased with her entry to the final. Willow had shrugged it off, knowing Faith needed to be paying attention to the second semi-final that would determine her opponent, not worrying about her friend.

'I'll tell her later,' Willow promised herself. 'Not about Tara, though, she doesn't need to know that. Heck, she'd probably tell me to go for it, and... I couldn't.' She wondered for a moment if she could, but shook her head. 'I'm a better friend than that. Dammit, I should be, anyway. I did the right thing.' The thought didn't help the knotted feeling in her stomach. It wasn't the thought of Tara and Faith as such - though the phrase 'not her type' drifted across Willow's mind, she guiltily admitted that she had tended to take Faith's unswerving, if eccentric, friendship for granted, and that there was a lot more to her than Willow had given her credit for in the past. Enough to make Tara happy, perhaps. But she couldn't help thinking what might be. Faith was practically inseparable from her - would she see Tara that often too? Would the idea of being around Tara so much, knowing she'd never be more than a friend, always be so gut-wrenching?

The final bout was playing out in front of her, but she steadfastly avoided looking at the fencer with the blonde ponytail opposite Faith. 'And it just so happens the right thing is the sucky-feeling thing. Look on the bright side, 'Red', this has got to be worth some karma, right?' Absorbed in her thoughts, she didn't notice someone approaching and leaning against the wall beside her.

"Hey."

She looked up, into Tara's blue eyes. The blonde gave a hesitant smile, which gave way to perplexity as Willow frowned in confusion and looked at the woman fencing Faith.

"You're not in the final?" she asked.

"No," Tara shook her head with a rueful grin. "I wasn't concentrating on my music - I guess I was nervous," she chuckled.

"Nervous?" Willow wondered. She'd gathered enough to know Tara shouldn't have gotten butterflies just from the semi-final of a regional tournament. 'Because she's not a spaz, unlike Exhibit A standing next to her...

"...Can I make a confession?" Tara asked, giving a shy, adorable smile. Willow nodded, trying not to grimace at the thought of how that smile would feel when she saw the blonde smiling it at Faith.

"I was actually thinking about asking you out to dinner," Tara admitted, as a blush bloomed on her cheeks. "After the final... but I-I guess, I don't have to wait that long..."

"I... had a concentration lapse," Willow said, buying time to gather her wits. 'Hoo boy, this is going to be one of those oh-god-why-me moments...'

"Uh," Tara said in the ensuing pause, fidgeting anxiously, "I know I used the indirect 'thinking about' line, but that, um, was me, asking you out... if you want?"

'Oh baby, I want alright.' "The thing is... I can't," Willow blurted out, ignoring the pang which she was far too un-melodramatic to call a breaking heart.

"Can't?" Tara frowned forlornly - Willow nearly gave in right then. "A-are you already seeing someone...? I thought, yesterdy you said-"

"No, no that's not it, single Willow," Willow hastily assured her. "No it's not that, it's... oh, hell. I shouldn't... okay," she lowered her voice, "she'll probably kill me for telling you, but the thing is, my friend Faith, from yesterday, she's really, well, smitten, I guess the word is, with you, and it's not that a) you're not capable of making your own decision, which you totally are, or b) I'm not really flattered, and already so, so regretting saying no, but Faith's really a wonderful person, um, if you get to know her, and I don't mean 'get to know her' in the sense that she's actually a cow and I'm being polite, she's got a few weird quirks but just today I realised what a really wonderful friend she's been to me, and you know what, if I was interested in her, you know, that way, I'd be lucky to have her, if she wanted me, so I think... I don't know what I think. I mean, it's your decision, but she's... you should give her a chance, you really should, and it's making me feel all ooky inside not to just jump into your arms, but I, you know, I've gotten kind of, I guess you'd say attached, um, to you, which I know, short notice, but I want you to be happy, and Faith's really great, and I think you two would be-" 'Ugh, why can't this be easier?' "-you two would be really great together, and I think you should see if, if you feel the same way, about her." She finally ran out of thing to say, felt a rough constriction in her chest which she abruptly realised was oncoming asphyxiation, and sucked in a huge lungful of air to keep herself from passing out.

"W-wow," Tara said quietly.

"Sorry. I babble, I know," Willow shrugged. "But did you get what I meant? Please tell me I made sense, and didn't just make a complete fool out of myself?"

"I, uh, no, no foolishness," Tara replied. "Complete or partial, but I-I'm not so sure on the making sense part... Faith is... 'smitten', with me? Are you sure?"

"She told me so," Willow nodded. "I'm really sorry for telling you... uh, I guess I should actually be apologising to her, seeing as she's the one who told me, but I just... I didn't want things to get awkward, so I figured, better just to tell all and let everything sort itself out. You know? But yes, she's smitten, and it's not just a casual attraction, she said she's really, sincerely-"

"But why did she set us up on a date then?" Tara asked.

"She what? When?"

"Uh, three days ago," Tara explained, bemused. "Well, I guess it was in Rome initially, she told me she had a friend she thought I'd like meeting, but I didn't agree until I saw you training, and I..." she shrugged and blushed again, "...I guess 'smitten' does kind of cover it. So I told her yes, and she said she'd... didn't she tell you?"

"That you... no?" Willow said. "No, I didn't... I had no idea."

"But, you came over and introduced yourself," Tara persisted. "You remember, two days ago? And then asked me out to lunch yesterday..."

"Huh? Oh, no," Willow shook her head. "No, that was... I mean, I wasn't... asking you out? God, no - I mean, not that I wouldn't, because- but, I mean, I couldn't have, I'd have been a total spaz, trust me, I have no idea how to... talk to... let alone... ask... out..."

"But, you did..." Tara pointed out, confused.

Willow lapsed into silence, then began to chuckle - then laugh out loud, clamping a hand over her mouth to keep from disrupting the bout in progress, leaving Tara looking on in rising panic.

"A-are you okay?" she ventured, patting Willow hesitantly on the back as she began to shake with stifled laughter.

"That crafty little minx," Willow gasped, "just wait until I get my hands on her, I'm going to... you know what, I'm going to plant the biggest kiss right on her mouth..."

"I, uh, thought you are she weren't...?" Tara queried.

"We're not," Willow said, trying to breathe deeply. "Just the best of friends."

"Well, good," Tara smiled tentatively. "Because if there's big kisses being planted, I was kind of hoping...?" She left the sentence, and the invitation, dangling.

"Get used to not being disappointed," Willow said, and in a euphoric burst closed the distance between Tara and herself and kissed her fully on the lips. The small crowd gave a cheer, starting the blonde, but Willow simply ignored them.

"Uh... wow," Tara breathed, when the kiss finally ended. "I think somebody won..."

"Uh-huh," Willow grinned. Suddenly the reality of what she had just done hit her, and her eyes opened wide.

"O-oh, uh, was that-" she stammered.

"That," Tara said firmly, "was you agreeing to go to dinner with me." Her grin tilted, becoming questioning. "Wasn't it?"

"Yes," Willow agreed. "Yes, it was."

"Good," Tara sighed happily.

[center]The End[/center]

[center]Image[/center]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:47 am 
21. Geek Infested Roots

DIBS!

ETA: OK, so I was out all day today (literally mere minutes after this got posted), but I managed to give the story a read. And I've got to say that this series just keeps getting better and better.

First off, I've gotta say that the idea of Tara with a sword doing all sorts of fighting moves is giving me ideas. (No, not those kind of ideas. Story ideas, perverts. :p) Second off, making Willow and Faith friends...woo, didn't see that coming.

And I'm sorry to say this, but all The Princess Bride references don't remind me of that movie, but of this Star Wars fanfilm "Sith Apprentice." I don't wanna let you in on the joke and spoil the surprise, so go watch it here and see if you get it.

Good story, Chris.

Last edited by SithLordWiccan on Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:54 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Okay, the whole time I was so frightened of a Faith and Willow throwdown over Tara. If this wasn't the Kitten I would have been peeing my pants in fear of Faith and Tara getting together over Willow and Tara too! But thank god it's the Kitten. :P

I loved the ending. Faith was awesome and badass and a great friend as usual. It's always nice to see her in that sort of light.

The Princess Bride element was my favourite, for sure, though. I love that movie and flew around the house (or tried to fly) with my sword so many times after the movie. "Hello, I am Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die." Tee hee. :)

Awesome job on this one.

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:44 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky Chris this is the best I loved it the way you put Faith as Willows best friend. Made her think she was helping Faith with Tara you are the sneaky minx here :party in the end we get :wtkiss I hope this goes on it is soooooo good we need to see more please. :kgeek

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:29 am 
23. Volumey Text

Great scenario,great dialogue,great story!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 5:00 am 
23. Volumey Text

That was a great story.

I liked the idea of Faith pretending to be interested in Tara in order to help Willow overcome her shyness around women she's attracted to.

I've only ever fenced once, which was about fifteen years ago, so all your descriptions seemed perfectly accurate to me :)

I liked the addition of the Princess Bride elements. They're timely since that film will be tweny years old next month.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:14 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Topics: 7
Chris,
What a great and very fun addition to the series. You weren't kidding about Tara being on the periphery for most of the piece. Her personality was easy to imagine from Willow's descriptions and obsessions but it was nice to finally "meet" her. Faith rocks as I think I've claimed and lobbied before. And here she does once again.

Willow is adorable being smooth only because she thinks she's doing recon for Tara although you would think that a genius like she would figure out Faith's plan. But no...

I love the shout-out here:
Quote:
"Get used to not being disappointed,"
. Awesome.

I also love the variety of sports we have here: Quidditch (which probably not many of us have done before), Blind Skiing (again, I'm thinking limited experience by the readers), and who would have thought that fencing would probably be the one most people would have done? Awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:21 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

Quote:
it's because of 'The Princess Bride',...and you got a huge crush on Robin Wright,

WOW, something that Willow and I have in common as I swooned and fell for Robin Wright which resulted in me seeing "The Princess Bride" three times in the theater when it came out.
You painted a very enchanting variation of the swordfight between Wesley and Inigo and it was something relatable that one's favorite movies become the setting for recurring dreams or portents of events yet to unfold in one's life; events which have yet to cross the threshold from the virtual over into the physical world.
Faith plays the bait and switch tactic better than anyone as she evver so subtly nudges Willow and Tara together as if there was ever any chance of Tara succumbing to Faith's more ostentatious charms.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:24 am 
18. Breast Gal

Yes, Deb, I know I’m late, but there’s nothing new about that.

Shower scene #2 is an interesting story. I’m glad we talked about it, because I had some issues with it. It is a good story, full of the stuff I like (yes, I'm talking about smut), but the power imbalance thing made me uncomfortable. Since I know now that that was your intention, I’ll offer an additional well done. I know you like to play with power and control issues (Please: the series and Dani both come screaming to mind), but so do I, so it’s all good.

Keep up the good work. I’ll be waiting to see what you come up with next. And an additional good job to the other writers in the group. Keep it up.

Diane

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:30 pm 
9. Gay Now

Short feedback, big love.

Debra, you are a naughty girl with the hot-boss-in-the-shower sexiness!! Yowza! Can I shower at *your* work place? If there isn't a shower like *that* one there, can you tell me where I can find one? Pretty pretty please? :aww...

Chris! I love love love it! Faithy, that diabolical schemer, putting those two fence-o-licious fencers together! It was great! I loved the revelation at the end -- you totally had me going... waiting for the inevitable Faith/Willow blow out that never happened. Yay!!! Willow/Tara as fencers was so sweet and good (and I particularly enjoyed the mental image of Tara's thighs -- thank you for that!)

so yeah.

Short feedback, big love?

:blush

db

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:20 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Shaucker – Thanks so much. The suggestion originally came from Cam so I’m glad that it worked out well. Also glad it was hot.

diamondforever – Yes, hotter as shown by the increased rating. Thanks. What’s Damages? Thanks so much.

taralicious
Quote:
WOW, talk about a workplace incentive program to keep fit.
Well, if not an incentive to get fit, an incentive to get clean. Heck, it could be an incentive for people to sleep in their cars or stay out all night partying. Still, I get your point.

I certainly like the idea of her using the logbook but it also strikes me as a but stalkerish. I wanted to make it seem like this is all perfectly fine with Tara but I can see situations where it wouldn’t be ok.

I’m quite glad you liked it.

SJ – Thanks so much.

Watty – Yes, I guess it is quite short. I was shooting for 1500 to 2000 words with each Shower scene which is such a different experience from writing the epics I tend toward. I really wanted Tara’s anticipation to come through and I was somewhat worried about the timing of the piece: running now, two weeks ago first time with Willow, two weeks before that, started using the shower.

Quote:
Then we get to the flashback and wow, no wonder Willow was successful -- she went after what she wanted with so much confidence, it was like Tara had no room to say no.
See, and that kind of concerned me. I wanted to make it clear that Tara had freewill here but I just don’t know. And of course she wanted Willow just as much so she didn’t need to say no. But yes, things would be very passionate for them.

You’re not kidding about the 4 nozzle shower. I wish.

Diane - Hey there. Don't worry about late. Yes, I'm glad we talked about the story too. I agree that there are power issues there. Striking ones! Important ones! Dangerous ones! Absolutely. And if the story were reality and my friend started telling me this story: "so the other day I was running and then..." I'd be like, "Whoa there Nellie..." Hell, just imagine if the boss in question was a man. Sure, I probably wouldn't be writing or reading the story but that's just besides the point. I'd be majorly uncomfortable with that scenario. Is Tara's response voluntary? Can she say no? That's kind of the issue of sexual harrassment I think.

That said, in this case, I wanted to do two things. One, this is a bit of a reversal of my last bit of power imbalance (a little story called Waiting for Dani). I wanted to turn that upside down for a few minutes. Two, (and much more important), I really wanted to play around with this common fantasy: the teacher/boss/coach who is so hot and wants my bod for some completely no-strings-attached fun. Woo hoo, how fun is that?

Anyway, I'm babbling and near to leaving work. Thanks for the well done. What I come up with next is, well, next.

db - Yep, that's me. Naughty girl. I need a bumper sticker or t-shirt or something I guess.
Quote:
Can I shower at *your* work place? If there isn't a shower like *that* one there, can you tell me where I can find one? Pretty pretty please? ...
There actually is a shower at my workplace but I've never gone in it. I'm kind of creeped out about the idea. The door is inside the women's bathroom on the lower level and you have to have a key card to open the door but will anyone's card open the door? Could some guy just come wandering in there while I'm in there? I'm just not that brave I guess. Tara's more brave than me (and it seems to pay off for her).

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – Shower Scenes #3

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – VT/VW

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – NC-17

Disclaimer – Joss Whedon and Mutant Enemy own Willow and Tara and the Buffyverse. No copyright infringement is meant by this fic and I will not make any money from it.

Note – This piece takes place in the Shadow and Sunlight verse. It follows the completion of Water by a few hours. I highly recommend reading those works (in order would be S&S first, then Water).

Tara tapped her fingers on the steering wheel as she drove, enjoying the rhythm with the background pitter patter of the rain on the roof of the black car. A sign read Nevada state line - 14 miles. She couldn't smell dawn yet so they could make another fifty or seventy-five miles tonight. And that was even assuming that they stopped again. The rain increased and she hit the windshield wipers to speed them up. It wasn't like a car crash would kill them--unless they burned up of course-but she didn't really think that being stranded in the desert hours before sunrise sounded fun.

Home. Willow wanted to go home and apparently family was waiting for them. She'd told Tara stories of her family: Angelus and Drusilla and Spike who she consistently called her idiot brother. And Tara did have to admit that she had enjoyed the last few days spent in her own hometown. But tonight Tara wanted to hear a different story.

"It's hard driving in this rain shower. Tell me the story of your best friend."

Willow sighed loudly.

Tara laughed. "I know you're tired, sweetie. But sighing? How cliche."

The redhead rolled her head weakly toward her lover and smiled. "I love the rain. So wet..."

"Your best friend..."

Willow laughed. "It was the first night of my death. I told you how I woke up to Spike and Angelus fighting. And Mummy fed me and then my brother and grandpapa made their bet. If I killed Buffy, Angelus won and if not, Spike would win. Did I tell you that he was going to set me on fire if I failed?"

Tara patted Willow's knee. "But he didn't."

"I was all flush with the blood from the pizza delivery guy. Buffy was out patrolling." She looked over at her childe. "You know, she did that every night. Cemetery after cemetery. All with the stakes and the poofing. Grandpapa used to help her but he got over it." She shifted in the seat and began to run her fingertips over Tara's shoulder. "I watched her go inside and she didn't sense me. Slayer powers?" The redhead snorted at the mention.

"I called her. Crying. Blah blah blah. Xander this. Xander that. He ignores me. He doesn't love me. The same thing I used to cry about every single day."

Tara lifted Willow's hand and kissed the palm. "Poor baby."

"I wasn't sure if her telling me to come over after patrol would be an invite so I rang the bell. Joyce let me right in. Said that Buffy was in the shower. Very sweet" She laughed. "I stopped at Dawn's room first. No need to play any tricks. I just closed the door and ate her." She closed her eyes at the memory. "She was nothing like the pizza guy. Maybe it was because she was the Slayer's sister but there was something in her blood. I've never had anything else like it. Sparks."

"Sparks?"

"I don't know how else to describe it. It was like everything glowed green after I drank her." She smiled at the memory. "I went into Buffy's room all warm from Dawn's blood. Sat on the bed and waited. I curled up on the bed with Mr. Gordo." At Tara's raised eyebrow she continued. "Stuffed pig."

"The Slayer had a stuffed pig? Very tough."

"She came back in from her shower. You know, all high-school cheerleader. One towel around her and another wrapped all turban-style around the top of her head and hair." Willow motioned weakly with her hand as if miming a turban. The truth was that the elder vampire was still exhausted from her session this evening and the fact that every time Tara got bored she reached over and caressed her oversensitive clit, inciting the good kind of spasms, did nothing to give her more energy.

"Buffy came over to comfort me. Sat down and rubbed my back, you know? 'I'm so sorry. Men are jerks. I would know...' She was talking about Grandpapa here. Let me tell you, everything with Buffy was about Buffy.”

"How sad." Tara reached over and rubbed Willow's thigh but not her center. "Go on, dear."

"Yes, dear. I pretended to cry even harder and she kind of hugged me. She was a bit homophobic to tell the truth so I could feel her kind of tugging up her towel with one hand even as she wrapped the other around my back. I mean, I'm there crying over Xander and she was worried that I was going to cop a feel or look?"

Tara bit back a snide reply.

"I was so tempted to give her a warning. To whisper that I would be the face of her death and greater than a Slayer. But I didn't want to give her a chance. I hugged her tightly and maybe it was too tight but she didn't seem to think it was strange. And she probably thought I was sniffling but I could smell her blood pumping just under her skin. So sweet and powerful." Willow saw the look on her lover's face and lifted her hand to her lips, gracing it with a soft kiss and a nip at the wrist. "My face shifted without my meaning it to so there was no more waiting. She screamed and tried to struggle when I bit her but I held her tight. I can still remember the way she fought me and there were moments that I thought she would win. But her fighting made her heart beat faster and it just fed me faster. I felt her arm fling out and her foot and then she was gasping: 'You moved my bag...'" Willow laughed cruely.

"That does seem a touch unfair."

The redhead laughed again. "Yes unfair but necessary. Otherwise I would be sitting here a pile of dust and you... Well, let's not imagine that path." She smiled affectionately at her childe and then used her own fang to pierce her fingertip. She held it out to the blonde as she finished her story. "Once she realized that I would win the fight went out of her. That and I'd sucked her dry. I lay her on the bed and put Mr. Gordo in her arms. On the way out of the house, I saw Joyce who asked if I was alright. She said I looked dizzy."

"I bet."

Willow moaned. She could feel her connection with her childe as Tara sucked even a small amount of blood from the tiny hole in her skin. "I was dizzy. It was like an acid trip, and believe me, I've eaten some trippin chicks. This was like that times 100. I could hardly figure out which Joyce was speaking so I just answered the middle one. Everything had like neon trailers and I lifted my hand and my fingers were glowing. I told her I had to go. Then at the door, I smiled and asked her to give Giles my regards."

"Giles was Buffy's watcher? Why didn't you kill him too?"

Willow smiled again. "I wanted him to get to think about it. About his failure. I had killed Xander, then left Buffy and Dawn for Joyce to find. I went back and killed Joyce a few weeks later just for fun but Giles is still there. Still at the library. We should go visit him sometime."

Tara looked at her lover and at the rain pouring harder on the windshield. "Have you ever seen those signs in the zoo 'don't feed or tease the animals'?"

Willow shrugged. "It's fun. And I'm evil."

Tara pulled the car off the road and parked it under a stand of trees, knowing they would slow the rain somewhat but not completely. "I know how you like the falling water..." A few minutes, Willow was demonstrating just how little she cared about the rain as she knelt by the car door, her hands behind her back and her mouth finally repaying Tara for her wonderful evening.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:30 pm 
18. Breast Gal

Wow, I haven't gotten dibs in ages. Cool!

I'll just say a little here for the moment. I'll have to go back and read it again, but the old noggin' is just too sore for that tonight.

Deb, if I've never mentioned it, Shadows and Sunlight is my favorite of all of your stories. It's dark and twisted and sexy, basically all of the things I like in a good fic. Water is good too, though not as high on my list, but that's not important right now.

What I do love is the way you play with the dark sides of these two in the stories. Just a little vignette to let us see what happened after Water. It's well done. I love the acid trippiness of the whole thing. Makes me wistful for the 80s, but I digress. Dawn as the key with the green light, and the whole interplay between Willow and Joyce. Funny stuff there, Deb, and I love it.

Thanks for another cool story. No power issues here, just really bad girls having a really good time. Always works well in my book

Diane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:00 am 
5. Willowhand

Hello Kittens-

Chris, that was a magnificent blend of W&T, Cyrano and of course the Princess Bride. The story equivilant of a very good chocolate croissant, still slightly warm with good coffee.

Jixer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:39 am 
23. Volumey Text

This is a great series of stories!
Great writing!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:19 pm 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

In a rather disturbing way, this shower scene reminded me of my trip to Ocean City, MD a few weeks back and my foray into a cavernous candy store called the Candy Kitchen along the boardwalk.
I see Willow's trip to the Summers's household along those lines as she got to sample and then go behind the counter to gorge herself on several different varieties of tasty morsels.
Quote:
Maybe it was because she was the Slayer's sister but there was something in her blood. I've never had anything else like it. Sparks."

Dawn's blood is the Pop Rocks of vampiric nourishment as she tingles and fizzes in the mouith upon contact with the tongue and saliva.
Quote:
And she probably thought I was sniffling but I could smell her blood pumping just under her skin. So sweet and powerful."

Buffy's neck cleavage is like edible wallpaper as one can inhale the intoxicating vapors wafting from the melange of natural aromas after her shower tinged with the head rush of blotter acid so Willow was tripping from draining the blood of a slayer and all of its inherent properties.
Joyce, a short time later, provided a nice after dinner brandy to cleanse the palate.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:17 am 
14. Lesbo Street Cred

Chris

I thought that Willow would help Faith pursue Tara only to find that she was to Tara and wanted her for her own. Much embarrassment and discomfort with Faith ensue culminating in a final battle in which Willow emerged triumphant. That was how I imagined it when Faith asked Willow to talk to Tara "on her behalf". Of course your version is happier, with not as much heavy angst. :) Faith is just one big softie and she so has Willow's number. Should have known to be more circumspect when she told Willow about her "crush", getting together for lunch only to talk to another person all the time. If that wasn't a setup I don't know what is.

What stood out in this fic, aside from the general hotness of our heroines in fencing gear (Faith's blue striped helmet, yum), was the great dialogue. It was easy to read and kept the plot flowing. No huge exposition-y paragraphs. Me likes. Oh, and Debra's point about fencing being the most "normal" story in the series so far ... that had me :lmao.[br]

[hr]

Debra

Whoa. I do love me some S&S-verse. Only after so little time together they seem so ... couple-y already. Plus Tara saying
Quote:
"Go on, dear."

is so mellow. Nice contrast with the intensity of Water.

From the way Willow told it, I didn't have much sympathy for Buffy. She can be a bit of a crybaby. I bet Willow was dizzy, after a pizza guy, green ball of energy key and slayer I'm surprised she could stand on her feet. Very cruel to leave Giles alive, sometimes being the last one standing is the worst.

We've had 3 shower scenes and they're as different as can be. I'm amazed at your diversity. :bigclap I'd be interested in how Angeles and Dru and Spike react to Tara when they meet. Another time?

[br]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 4:09 am 
4. Extra Flamey

Cyrano - Very sweet, fun story, Chris, thanks much. Loved player/ultimately good girl Faith in this one. Swash that buckle, babe...

SS2 – Didn’t have any issues at all with this one. It seemed clear they both knew what they were getting into, so to speak, and Willow gave Tara plenty of chances to withdraw, so to speak, before throwing herself over the edge, so to speak. Yay for having your priorities in line (as opposed to straight). Or at least being fortunate enough to have room to play, literally and financially speaking.

SS3 – I wondered what those two got up (or down) to, so to speak, after Water…

b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:26 pm 
8. Vixen

[center]Image[/center]

Title: Crimson Tide
Author: Kaia
Rating: NC-17
Summary: Scorching heat, purring engines, leather-clad bodies...do I need to say more?
Spoilers: None.
Copyright: Based on characters from Buffy The Vampire Slayer, created by Joss Whedon. You can find out more about Superbikes and Motorcycle racing in the AMA Superbike Championship website. Oh, and a small shout out to an awesome Rob Reiner's movie: A few Good Men.
Thanks: P for putting up with me. The RKT group for the help, support and coming up with rocking ideas. Chris for the kickass banners. Db and Car for letting me abuse her beta-reading skills.

“Former AMA Supersport champion Tara Maclay has embarked on her second full season of the AMA Superbike Championship competition with a resounding victory!” The excited reporter looked straight to the camera as he introduced his guest for the evening.

“You’re one of the few women to participate in the world's premier national Superbike Series. Your results prove you to be one of the most – if not the most – successful female racer ever to grace these speedways.”

Tara Maclay blushed demurely as she smiled proudly to the camera. “Thanks, Michael.”

“It must feel good, right?”

“It feels great, Mike. When I won the Supersport Championship in 2004 and 2005, I realized I was ready for bigger challenges. Then I was contacted by RKT Racing and they made me part of their team.”

“That’s right, Tara. You were already racing a four-stroke, multi-cylinder motorcycle, but a 600cc engine is very different from a 1000cc.”

“It certainly is, and let’s not forget the race length!” Tara chuckled.

“Of course, must’ve taken a lot of training to get used to the extra 40 kilometers.”

Michael Jones turned his head around to look at Tara. His eyes rested briefly on her face as they traveled slowly down her seated body, pausing on her breasts and then traveling back up to her face again.

“Not that you need to work-out.”

Tara shook her head. ‘Boys’ she thought, with an amused smile. She was used to this behavior, the AMA, and the Superbike competition in particular, was a man’s world, after all.

Tara cleared her throat softly. Mike glanced at his cards and continued: “Last year, some would say, was a steep learning curve for you. How do you think it will help you in '07?”

“I think it’s fair to say that I learned a massive amount in '06. Not just the circuits but the routines and lifestyle too. RKT ran a truly professional set-up and I was surrounded by good people right from the start. Yes, it was a steep learning curve and the results might not tell the full story, yet, but it’s definitely stood me in good stead for 2007.” Tara flashed him her trademark half-smile.

The reporter tried to concentrate on the card currently in his hand. "I remember talking with you before the season started and you said your goal was to narrow the gap between yourself and Spike. At that point it sounded as if you would have been fairly pleased with the result even if you had only ended up taking four or five wins and finishing second in the championship."

"Yeah, I probably would have been satisfied with that. However, my goal was to win the championship, even though I knew that it probably wasn’t the most realistic thing in the world. My first year I finished second and there’s only one place to go from there," Tara winked.

"Let's talk about Red Flame Motors and their 'Crimson Tide' for a minute. I'm sure you're familiar with the concept?"

Tara chuckled. "Yes, Michael. I'm familiar with the name Willow Rosenberg."

"Then I don't have to tell you she's won the European competition for the last two years and has now joined the American tour."

"Well, I don't know her personally, Michael, but all I can say is that it's always great to face new challenges and that I wish the 'newbie' good luck." Tara raised an eyebrow as her right hand went to her hip while she looked straight at the camera.

"You're cocky. I'm sure your fans love that about you..."

"I'm not cocky. It's just that I grew up listening to American racers say that Europe is where everything's at. So if the European champ wants to compete with us, then I say it'll make us all better riders."

The reporter couldn't hide his amusement. "She's American, you know? A California-native, as a matter of fact."

"Then maybe it's time we remind her of how we do things the 'American' way." Tara grinned at the reporter.

“Is the RKT team the same set-up as last year or have there been changes?”

“We’ve had a few additions to the pit crew that I think will give us more confidence in the technical area, which is great for me because it means our level of support will be strong. Other than that, the team is very similar to 2006 in terms of staffing and structure, just more experienced. I think we’re ready for the task at hand.”

“...and the task in hand is winning.” He stated, as he turned to face the camera again. “Ladies and gentlemen, the winner of today’s Daytona 200, Tara Maclay!” He turned to his guest, extending his hand. “I know you must be tired and on your way to a huge celebration. Good luck next month in Birmingham. Although, I have the feeling that if you keep riding the way you did today, you won’t need it.”

“Thanks, Mike. Good night.” The blonde smiled at the camera and stood to leave as the monitor on her right showed images of her crossing the finishing line first and performing her characteristic ‘stoppie’ for the fans as the credits rolled in.

[center]Image[/center]

"I really don't think you should be smoking here, Spike," the brunette spoke as he made sure the front number plate was mounted parallel to the fork tube. "There's flammable stuff all over the place."

"I couldn't care less what you think, Harris," the blonde said through a puff of smoke. He tossed the helmet he was carrying to his mechanic before zipping up the upper part of his black and white riding suit. "Just do your job and finish polishing the bike already, I have to start my qualifying run in a little while. I saw the newbie on her practice run yesterday and we're gonna have to try our bloody best to keep our place on the start grid."

The mechanic's reply was interrupted by the sound of heavy boots hitting the pavement.

Black leather boots attached to a pair of toned black leather-clad legs were currently walking towards the two men. The two men stopped their rant to observe the topic of their conversation.

The hiss of Spike’s cigarette butt hitting the wet ground made the owner of the legs slow her walk and notice the two men looking up from her slim leather-clad upper body to her pale face framed by short, disheveled red locks.

The woman decided to take off her sunglasses just as she walked by the men. She focused her sparkling green eyes on the blonde's blue ones before issuing a flirty wink.

The redhead hooked her helmet under her elbow. She neither changed directions nor slowed her pace. The echo of her heavy boots faded as she continued her purposeful stride away from them

"Jesus Christ on a crutch! Who is *that*?" Harris asked.

The blonde took a few seconds as to light his cigarette. "*That's* 'Crimson Tide', Red Flame Motors' new rider and last year's European champion."

"That's the newbie? *That* is Rosenberg?!" The mechanic couldn't hide his excitement at the sight of the gorgeous redhead. "Damn, Spike. Too bad she's the 'enemy', otherwise nothing would stop me from showing her a good 'ole Harris-time!" He made quote signs in the air with both his hands, as if to emphasize his words.

Spike took a deep puff. "That hasn't stopped me before, and I don't see why it should stop me this time..." He exhaled mostly on Xander's face. The annoyed mechanic chose that precise moment to throw back the helmet to its' owner …who failed to catch it before it hit the somewhat uncomfortable swelling in his pants.

"I saw her first, Bloody. You'd better stay out of this one," The brunette raised his voice and raised a threatening finger to his team mate.

Spike chuckled. "Like you'd have a chance, oil-boy," he snorted and put on his helmet and got on his motorcycle, eyeing the mechanic. "A woman like that needs more than a couple of kid-tricks to keep her happy. You don't stand a chance..." With that, the blonde rider lowered his helmet visor and started his engine. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have a pole position to win," He twisted the accelerator hard, gunning the engine before he sped out of the paddock.

[center]Image[/center]

Willow sat lazily on her motorcycle after having positioned it in her assigned place for the start of the qualifying race. She raised her left hand to her head to keep her helmet in place while she tested the communication system. Satisfied that the transmission was clearly audible, she lowered her visor and turned to her crew to give them two thumbs up. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed a midnight blue motorcycle approaching the paddock area. The blue rider was looking anxiously up at the electronic board to see the official lap time. The rider's tinted visor was down, but Willow could see a hint of blonde hair escaping the back of the helmet. She let her eyes take in the mysterious rider's body, clad in a leather suit that clung to womanly curves like a second skin.

The rider chose that precise moment to slowly remove her helmet and Willow forced her self to close her mouth when she noticed the silky blonde hair tumbling down, almost as if it were in slow motion. Willow was acutely aware of the light coat of sweat bathing the skin of the woman's neck and she felt her mouth go dry. Suddenly, the rider turned toward Willow. The intensity of the gaze made Willow gasp for air. She blinked several times, comforted in the knowledge that the stranger couldn't see her reaction through her helmet. The adrenaline was shooting through her veins like a big wave rolling in to the shore of Kirra, threatening to engulf her and throw her down on the sharp coral.

The blonde's gaze remained fixed on her and Willow couldn't stand it any longer. She raised her visor and held the blonde's eyes. The darkness in her blue eyes made Willow feel vulnerable, naked and exposed. She closed her eyes to force away the shivers currently running down her spine and moaned softly inside her helmet. Nobody could hear her, she thought. Suddenly, she opened her eyes and willed herself to concentrate: her race was about to start and she couldn't afford to make a mistake that could easily kill her.

The blonde rider jumped into her crew members' embrace when her time results were finally posted. She noticed the logo on the back of the mechanic's outfit and she sighed.

"So you're the 'Blue Tornado'," Willow whispered to herself. "Guess this will be an interesting challenge, after all..."

The buzzer brought the rider back to race. Only a minute left. Willow caressed the body of her black motorcycle, tracing the red flames painted on it with the tips of her gloved fingers. It was her good luck ritual, one she had performed before the start of every race since she won her first podium appearance a few years ago.

She brought the throttle up, holding the brake lever in her left hand. The lights went amber. The moment the bottom light went green, Willow made her engine roar…and was gone in a split second reflex.

[center]Image[/center]

“Red Flame added to their AMA Superbike trophy collection today when the series stopped at Barber Motorsport Park in Birmingham, Alabama for Round 2 of the 2007 championship.” The commentator relayed, surrounded by the sound of engines roaring as he stood next to the finish line.

“Team Red Flame’s Willow Rosenberg obtained her first podium finish in the American championship. Rosenberg, who just entered the competition after missing the season opener, led her team to a stellar first-place result.”

The cheers of the crowd made it difficult for the commentator to hear the feedback he was receiving from the studio, so he just kept going. “Despite her absence the opening weekend, the 06 European champion has proved she means business! Without a doubt, we’ll see her quickly climbing the ranks in the class title race, where she is now sitting in sixth position. Crimson Tide was followed closely to the checkered flag by Alabama’s own Blue Tornado, Tara Maclay, who occupied the first place position throughout the race only to be displaced by the newbie with only 2 laps to go, in what seemed a questionable maneuver by the overseas champ.” He nodded to the techie who started broadcasting unedited images of the race that had finished only a few minutes ago.

“Early in the contest it looked as if both RKT pilots would finish in order, but William ‘Spike’ Sangre crashed out of a potential third-place result while working lap 4. RKT’s Charles Gunn snatched his place followed by Red Flame’s Faith ‘Bikerbabe’ Lehane who missed the podium by a mere 0.5 second.”

“Because of Spike’s misfortune, Red Flame once again dominated the race’s top five, claiming 3 of the available spots. The class’ current championship runner-up, Liam Fangelus, finished fifth, followed by Rockstar’s Oz Osbourne, Buffy S. Summers and , R. U. Finn. That’s all for now Michael, we’ll get back to you with the winner’s impressions,” the commentator smiled as he addressed the reporter.

[center]Image[/center]

Tara reached the pits and made her tires screech to a halt. She got off her bike and started angrily pacing back and forth, hands on her hips. She lowered the zipper of her leather riding suit before taking off her helmet, throwing it angrily to the pavement. The sound of the fiber cracking as it violently hit the ground alerted Xander, who hesitatingly approached the rider until the blonde looked towards him, halting his movement.

The normally ocean blue eyes were almost pitch dark. The mechanic turned around on the ball of his feet, leaving without a word. Tara failed to push down the bitter taste of bile that rose in her throat as the images of the encounter hit her:

The vibration of her bike’s engine pushed to its limit made Tara’s heart beat incredibly fast. Despite the noise saturating her ears she felt the distinct change in the air flow around her and she knew someone was getting closer. She looked a bit to the left to see a dark shadow settle by her side. She gripped the handles tighter in anticipation. She lived for these moments, the ones where she felt the adrenalin rush through her brain.

The distinct red flames on the black motorcycle’s bodywork gave her opponent away and she thrived on the knowledge that she would get the opportunity to test her skills against the newbie. Her eyes straight ahead, she tried to squeeze the last bit of power left on her engine and smiled confidently, only to realize a fraction of a second later that the mysterious woman had caught up to her and was currently tilting her head in the blonde’s direction.

Tara swore she had never seen a more beautiful shade of green but her amazement turned into surprise when she noticed said pair of forest green eyes looking intently at her. Time seemed to freeze for an eternity, although she knew it wasn’t possible.

Then, the most unexpected thing happened: the dark figure winked seductively and Tara felt a rush of blood to her head. Suddenly everything went black for an instant and she felt her motorcycle drifting to the right. She opened her eyes just in time to see the gray wall approaching, fast. She was able to tilt the handles to the left to steady the bike’s direction, avoiding the contact of her leather pants with the concrete, but not fast enough to prevent the screeching sound of metal scratching cement.

With great effort, Tara was able to avoid losing balance. She aligned her motorcycle with the road and sped forward gulping her fear down as she set her eyes on the tail of the dark motorcycle. The flag signaled only two laps to go and Tara tightened her hold on the accelerator, only to find out that, even after giving it her best shot, the advantage the newbie had on her was more that enough to with the race…

Tara snapped her eyes open and balled her fists. "Who does she think she is?!" she said through clenched teeth. "I'll show her what kind of blonde she's messing with!" She kicked the helmet before straddling her bike, heading for the Red Flame's garage.

Tara found the redhead surrounded by her crew members. She drove her motorcycle close to the gathered people and gunned the engine to get the rider's attention. The crowd parted, leaving her only a few feet away from the target of her anger. The smaller woman had a champagne bottle in her left hand. Below the striking tousled red hair, her suit was unzipped, the top portion hanging casually from her low slung hips. Her skin was glistening with champagne and the wet white tank top she wore clung to her body, the fabric of the sheer, damp garment straining lewdly across her nipples.

Tara's eyes were immediately drawn to the rosy buds under the redhead's top. After a few seconds Willow chuckled, before clearing her throat. Tara's head snapped up, an evident blush covering her cheeks. Then, anger replaced the lusty feelings currently swimming in Tara's blood and she stood as tall as she could facing the redhead.

"I need to talk to you," the blonde took a glance at the crowd before facing the redhead again. She dismounted her ride and walked a few steps bringing her a mere foot from the rider.

"Alone."

The firmness in Tara's voice made the corner of the redhead's lips curl up slightly. She would love to get the chance to tame such a fine specimen.

Willow held the blonde's gaze and proceeded to dismiss her team. "Boys, if you'll excuse us, I need to talk to the Tornado here," she pointed the hand holding the bottle towards Tara. "...alone. I'll see you all at the party."

The crowd dispersed slowly and the riders were finally left facing one another, alone. The redhead took a step towards Tara meeting her eyes. "To what do I owe the extreme pleasure of your visit?"

Tara was fuming. She balled her fists so tight, her nails dug deep into her skin. "What were you trying to do back there? You could have gotten me killed!! I don't know how you do things in Europe, but here we play fair," she hissed, her eyes a raging maelstrom of blue and grey.

"Next time you pull a stunt like that I'm gonna file a complaint," the blonde pointed an accusatory finger, "Are we clear?"

The redhead chuckled.

Tara took a step closer to the smaller woman. "I said, are we clear?" Tara raised her voice. The redhead felt her knees go weak.

"Crystal."

Feeling she had gotten her point across, Tara turned around and headed for her bike. As she straddled it, she noticed the redhead had followed her and was currently looking at the marred paint on the bike's body.

Willow ran her fingertips over the scratched surface, stopping when she reached the soft leather covering Tara's knee. She smiled seductively. "You know," she moved her finger so that it was now drawing circles on the blonde's thigh. "...Seeing that I damaged your, um, ride. What do you say you let me take care of that paint job?"

Tara couldn't believe it. She wanted to be mad at the redhead's teasing but found it impossible to ignore the throbbing she was beginning to feel between her legs. She shook her head and brushed the offending hand away. "Do that again and I'll kick your ass so hard you won't be able to ride anything for weeks."

With that, the blonde was gone leaving a stunned redhead behind.

"This championship suddenly became really interesting..." Willow whispered, taking a final sip of the bubbly liquid in hopes that it would clench her sudden thirst.

[center]Image[/center]

Michael Jones' nodded at his crew, letting them know he was ready to deliver his race recap. He watched the camera-man count with his fingers and finally point at him, signalling that he was on the air.

"The Blue Tornado takes over the Suzuki Superbike Challenge in Fontana, California and adds career victory 42 in an intensely competitive duel with Red Flame's Willow Rosenberg. This time, Tara held the hard-charging Crimson Tide at bay by leading every lap. The rivals continued to tear apart their competition, making it clear that close racing was the theme for the day. They easily pulled away from everyone …except from each other."

The previously recorded footage showed the redhead's bike unsuccessfully trying to find a way past Tara's machine.

"Rosenberg almost had a chance during lap 14 when Maclay had to maneuver to avoid a small puddle, but the Tornado recovered quickly," the reporter informed, his voice trying to convey the excitement of the moment. "After that, Rosenberg had her hands full battling off William 'the Bloody' for second until lap 28 when she got back in tight behind Maclay and followed her across the finish."

"We have the winner's words on her victory," he said looking straight at the camera. Images of a smiling, tanned blonde filled the screen.

"It’s awesome. I feel like right now I’m doing the best I can and riding as hard as I can. Red Flame kicked our butts last week and we needed to rebound today. We got off to a decent start and I really hope it was as good on TV as it felt down there," Tara pointed to the circuit. "I tried to get into a rhythm and click the laps away and I ended up with a first place, Mike.” The blonde turned to face the camera and flash her trademark lop-sided grin.

"And that she did, Sean. As always, it was a pleasure to see her ride," the camera focused on him as his camera-man signalled they only had 20 seconds of air time. "Maclay came to checkers 9.13 seconds ahead of Rosenberg and 17.2 seconds ahead of third. The championship chase closes to within five points. Back to you in the studio, Sean."

From the distance, Willow watched as the blonde walked back to her paddock. She was mesmerized by the sway of her hips in low-cut, faded jeans and the grey zip hoodie that showed her ample cleavage. The redhead had been about to board the team van back to the hotel when she saw the rider being interviewed by the sports channel. She motioned for her teammates to leave without her. There was something she needed to do before leaving the Speedway. When the redhead reached the paddocks, she was surprised to see Tara mounted on a copper & black Harley-Davidson, adjusting her fingerless gloves.

"You must really love motorcycles. You spend hours on one at work and you ride them for pleasure too?" The redhead stopped within a few feet from Tara, her hands stuck in the back pocket of her black leather pants.

The blonde was dumbfounded to see her rival. It was starting to get dark and she had assumed everybody was on their way to either celebration parties or their hotels by now. She met Willow's gaze and stiffened. She was confused by the mixed signals the redhead kept sending her. She was still angry about her behaviour last week and yet she couldn't help feeling drawn to the smaller woman like a magnet. She knew better than to let her confusion compromise her job, but she had to admit she wanted to submit to the allure of the stranger.

Willow saw the twinkle in Tara's eye and decided to take a chance. She closed the distance between them and when Tara failed to respond to her closeness, she once again placed her hand on the blonde's knee. The blonde leveled her with a penetrating glare and grabbed her roughly by her leather jacket.

"I told you not to do that again," Tara threatened.

Willow felt her stomach tighten with fear and desire. She couldn't read Tara's expression so she responded in the only way she could: she grabbed Tara's hoodie with her left hand, bringing their faces closer.

"Y'know, I'm not very good with the whole..." Willow moved her index in circular motion for emphasis.

"Understanding plain English?" Tara interrumpted.

The redhead chuckled. The blonde was extremely irritating and yet she couldn't stay away from her. "Following orders. So what are you gonna do about it, Tornado?"

Tara couldn't think, she was intoxicated by the feel of Willow's warm breath on her face. She tightened her hold on the redhead as she brought their lips together with passionate urgency. It took the smaller woman a second to realize what was happening, but when she did, she brought her hands to the back of Tara's head, urging her closer. The blonde parted her lips to run her warm tongue over Willow's bottom lip, earning a moan from the redhead.

Willow pressed her torso into the blonde as she felt her hands softening their grip on her jacket and moving downwards to grab a hold of her slim hips. The redhead gripped a strong arm and lifted her leg to straddle the blonde on the bike. Once there, Willow wrapped her leather-clad legs around Tara's waist, their bodies melting together as they continued to kiss.

A moment later Tara broke the kiss to look into Willow's green eyes. She needed to feel this woman; to taste her skin. Her lips moved to the red head’s chin and from there she started a trail down the pale neck. Tara felt the smaller woman tremble as her nimble fingers lowered the zipper on the redhead's jacket, exposing a black tank top. Her warm hands worked the jacket off Willow's shoulders, revealing a sea of tiny freckles. Tara placed soft kisses on both shoulders before running her tongue back up Willow's neck. As she reached the petite earlobe she moved her hands to the front of the redhead's pants, cupping Willow's heat through the softness of her pants.

Willow threw her head back as strong hands held her intimately. Her body was playing by instinct and she brought her hands down Tara's chest until her fingertips trailed over a pair of hard nipples. The growl in her ear made her buck her hips against the blonde's hand. She stiffened when she felt Tara's hand fumbling with the button and unconsciously grabbed the blonde's wrist, stopping any further movement. Tara pulled back, disconcerted, her heavy panting a testimony to her arousal. Disappointed blue eyes searched Willow's green ones and she was surprised when she didn't find rejection in them, only pure, unadulterated lust.

"Let me do that," the redhead whispered as she brought her hands to her fly. She slowly undid each of the four buttons, her eyes never leaving Tara's. When she was done, she grabbed the blonde's hand and kissed the palm. Then she brought their foreheads together as she dragged the blonde's hand down her chest and past her abdomen, letting it slide under the elastic of her panties. Tara's breath hitched in her chest and she closed her eyes.

"Are you sure?" The blonde asked, her voice a mere whisper.

Willow responded by bucking her hips forward, effectively sliding the blonde's hand further between her legs. Tara moaned as her fingertips contacted the abundant wetness and her left arm immediately embraced the redhead's waist. She pulled the smaller woman closer to her as she began teasing the hard bud at the apex of Willow's sex. Feeling the redhead squirm under her touch was driving her crazy. The moans became louder and Tara inched a bit lower to tease the redhead's opening. Again, Willow's hips bucked forward, engulfing one of Tara's long fingers.

Tara looked up as she withdrew from Willow's core. She bit her bottom lip as she coated the rest of her fingers with the redhead's essence, pressing two fingertips to her opening. The blonde brought her lips to the Willow's ear, licking it softly.

"I'm gonna make you come, Willow." Tara whispered as she slid her fingers inside the warm channel. Willow groaned as she began rocking to Tara's steady rhythm, she knew she was very close...it wouldn't take long. She braced herself as she felt the tension building in her lower belly spread, finally exploding into a multitude of muscle spasms throughout her core. Tara slowed her ministrations, riding the remnants of Willow's orgasm. She removed her fingers when she felt Willow's spasms subside and brought the limp woman close to her chest, kissing her tenderly.

"Are you ok, Will?" The blonde asked as she ran her hands through the redhead's hair. She lifted the smaller woman's chin to look into her eyes. She was treated to a sweet, satisfied smile.

"I feel awesome, and you're perfect, and can we do that again?" The redhead wiggled her eyebrows.

Tara's laughter filled the paddock. "Hold on, stud. First, I recall you saying something about taking care of a paint job?"

Willow blushed furiously and Tara felt her insides melt at the redhead's cuteness. She wrapped her arms around the blonde's neck to kiss her ear. "Take me home, babe. I'll take care of that paint of yours..."

The End.

Last edited by Kaia on Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:27 pm 
21. Geek Infested Roots

DIBS!

ETA: Shower Scene #2: Wow. I've heard of office romance, Debra. And I've gotta say, if I heard more tales about that sort of romance...then again, maybe it's because I'm naturally inclined to that sort of thing.

Shower Scene #3: I love the S & S universe, Debra. I loved the original story, and I loved Water, too. And I can see this being a natural continuation of Water despite the fact that they were written nearly two years apart. Aware of your dislike of Buffy as the hero of the story, I was quite happy to see that she met an indignat end at the hands of Willow. And while I'm more of a fan of Dawn, it's nice to see that she didn't get away unscathed, either. (And kudos on referencing her nature as the Key, too.)

Crimson Tide: I gotta admit, K. I don't really know what it was that I was expecting from this. I mean, I'm not that big into SuperBikes. I'm aware of it certainly, but somehow the idea of a rough and tumble Tara and equally vivacious and extreme Willow is strange to me (this despite the fact that I've tried to write them in more or less that exact way).

That having been said, it's nice to know that, despite all the trouble they went through, they still have each other. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:53 am 
13. Big Knowledge Woman

that was *great* k :-D the thought of willow and tara on a bike is really drool worthy *drools* :smug really great job :-D

*hug*

"When you get excited about something, one might imagine you as a small, maniacally grinning rubber ball, which someone throws at the wall in an enclosed room, and goes bouncing off every surface for about 15 minutes."
- Mudrat

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:36 am 
Ms. Moderator Fantastico
Ms. Moderator Fantastico

:pinky ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh yes seriously loving this sexy and Hot. :party

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:29 am 
16. Pancakes in Bellies

I know I begged and begged and begged for a long time but it was worth it. Damn that was hot K! I love this Tara so frustrated and full of tension....hot!! Runs off for a cold shower...later dude.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:10 pm 
10. Troll Hammer

What a delight to return home and settle down with some hot sweaty women!

On this board. In this thread.

Allow me to dive in on the hot sweaty women.

Debra: SS-2 So Ms. Rosenberg took the liberty of discovering Tara's exercise schedule, did she? I love a woman who applies her deductive prowess to the pursuit of warm slick flesh. Good on ya, Willow! Ah, but "good" would hardly be the word for our girls in your third Shower Scene, now would it? It's always something of a jolt to read our girls being heartless. It's an intriguing contrast, b/c in most fics they're so supremely...good. This brought a smile to my face, which probably says something discomfiting about the state of my morals. Nice work, Debra! You do the carnal so well and let's face it, that's a great skill to have!

Chris: Thank you for making the world of fencing suddenly very appealing. The use of "The Princess Bride" was a great touch. ("You killed my father. Prepare to die.") Thank you, too, for this great phrase:
Quote:
"...as circumspect as a meteor strike."
Oh, that was lovely and so evocative. At first I feared that Willow and Faith were in for a Most Uncomfortable Discussion. Imagine my delight when I learned that Faith herself had been far more discerning than anyone would have given her credit for! This was a really enjoyable story, Chris--thanks for the treat.

Kaia: You know, I'd never really followed motocross sports of any kind before but your descriptions made me...curious. (Loved the RKT team, by the way!) And the outfits...just the idea of Tara pulling off her helmet to reveal that cascade of blond hair...Oh my...But I think my favorite image was her getting all bad-assed on Willow--threatening to kick her ass? Whoa...You painted a great picture of this world, and that exchange in particular. Tara can get all large with the butch anytime she wants to with me! I also enjoyed the other characters' description--Spike, all self-satisfied; Xander, so eager to prove himself in on it all. Great story, Kaia!

Thanks to all!
Mary

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:34 pm 
4. Extra Flamey

I'm a bit late for feedback on Shower Scene #3, but that was well-written. It's hard to capture the dark side of the story and still make us love the characters. I've always found it hard to love Vamp-Willow/Tara regardless of how they are portrayed. But that made me care. :)

In answer to before, Damages is a new television series about high-stakes lawyers. There's this relationship between the head associate of the firm and the girl she's just hired. I think there's a lot of us hoping for...more than just a business relationship there. :P

Now, for Crimson Tide. I loved the racing recaps. Lots of stuff thrown in there. And the sex was hot, which definitely helps. :P There's just something about motorcycles, hahaha. I think that everybody agrees about that one.

My only knock is that we never do know who wins this one...it might just have been that I liked the fic so much, but it went by so quickly.

diamondforever's fanfiction archive

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:18 am 
9. Gay Now

Karinna!

My feedback for your awesome story:

I pretty much had no idea superbikes were even a thing until you started working on this... I mean, I knew mortorcycle racing existed (all under the amorphous title 'motorcross' in by deeb-shaped brain), but my brain kind of had a bored static-y white-noise response to it.

*ahem*

...let me just say, that this story made it *a lot* more interesting to me all of a sudden! :-D Tough biking women in leather suits with the competition and the steamy steaminess! Mmmmm.

Oh my gosh... Yep. Quite a few *very* sexy images in this story, my dear K.

The best part (IMHO): This Willow is sexy, and she knows it.

I always like that about your stories -- I think canon Willow took a long time to realize she had sex appeal, and a lot of stories kind of focus on Tara's sex appeal (don't get me wrong, I *totally* get the Tara sex appeal), I just always thought Willow had it goin' on too... and your stories have that (and it makes me smile).

Of course the champagne soaked Willow is, without a doubt, an image that will stick with me -- but I was also particularily fond of the whole Spike/Xander oggling scene with the heavy boot sounds and the flirty wink *giggle*.

I loved-loved-loved the scene with furious Tara and her confrontation with Willow! Man was she *pissed*! I love tough-as-nails Tara. She makes me have tingly feelings :-D... plus, the whole Karinna signature ending thing just makes that confrontation that much harder. I'd be pissed at my gf too if she used her sexy sexiness to finagle a win.

Heh, heh.

But make up sex is nice... and on a motorcycle?

*Yowza*

We already discussed the whole physics thing, but balance/injury concerns aside, that was *hot*, and I am not the fantasize-about-sex-on-a-motorcycle type... or at least I wasn't before I read that one part where Willow grabbed Tara's hand...

*drifts off*

I think I might need to read it again.

Great job Karinna!

db

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:39 am 
18. Breast Gal

Eep, I've got some catchin' up to do.

Shower Scene #1: Great fun, any time Willow goes into that mode where she's so flustered and cute she seduces Tara without realising it is adorable. I like her neat gym bag too.

Vision Quest: Really powerful. I thought it was a very clever move to have Tara have a slow degeneration of her sight, and then the sudden accidental loss of the last of it - that way the story got to explore her anger and fear, and Willow's guilt, and at the same time have it be plausible that they're experienced enough as a team in blind skiing that they can have their relationship profoundly affected by what happens on the course - they're good enough that it is that important to them, even though it runs both ways - happy Willow and Tara mean good skiing, as much as good skiing make happy Willow and Tara.

Shower Scene #2: Heh, that was a bit naughty, but so much fun! I liked the way it skirted the edge of having a control issue - Willow being Tara's boss, and kind-of stalking her a bit (for anyone else, that's be uncomfortable - for Willow to follow someone's timetable, it's just Willowy), and being very forward in her seduction. There was just enough balance, just enough assurance that Willow was looking for Tara to accept her offer, rather than trying to impose her will on her, that it managed to be a naughty, sexy doing-the-boss story, rather than one that was actually uncomfortable.

Shower Scene #3: And moving from a story that didn't quite cross the line to become un-fun, to one that went so far over it it looped around and became fun by way of sheer evil gleefulness. This incarnation of Vamp Willow and Vamp Tara really have a special relationship - there's a twisted but genuine love in there, as well as the traditional vampy lust and evil-meets-evil attraction. VW in this story in particular shines as a warped version of Willow - she's still got the same qualities as normal Willow, they're just all skewed out in new ways (much the same as Tara was presented in Water).

Crimson Tide: Yum! I looove take-no-nonsense angry Tara (in racing leathers, too). The combative relationship between her and Willow was really great, there was this tension that built, and it seemed so natural for it to suddenly flip over the edge and become passion. I really liked how you wrote the actual racing too, I could really see it in my mind, tight close-ups on Tara and Willow in their helmets, with everything around them blurred by the speed.

Okay, now replies to feedback for Cyrano:

Alex: Thanks :) I like the combination of Faith and Willow - it's fun to put them together and have Faith be continually flustering and annoying Willow, but in the context of them being friends, so that there's the underlying knowledge that Willow isn't actually bothered by Faith, except on a superficial level. I'll check out that fanfilm soon (when my bandwidth isn't being eaten by constant podcast downloads, heh.)

diamondforever: Thank you. I was mainly worried that readers would see what Faith was doing, so it's a relief to see people were expecting a showdown between her and Willow. My little twist on the Cyrano idea, I didn't want to just copy it directly.

Dianneswillowtree: Thanks. I'm not sure whether this one will continue - once Willow's figured it out, the story's kind of concluded - but you never know.

SJ: Thank you, I had a lot of fun with the dialogue, seeing as until the big showdown it was all conversation, just about.

justin: Thanks :) It's probably getting on to about fifteen years since I fenced too - I was never especially good at it, but it was fun. My coach decided I'd be better suited to epee though, and I switched to that, but didn't enjoy it as much, so I drifted away from the whole thing. I still have my mask and foil though.

Elvis: Thanks. Yep, Tara being out of the story, or rather only seen through Willow's impressions of her, was something I was a bit worried about. I felt like I needed to have something a bit more unique than just the tricky Cyrano idea, written in a conventional way, to build this story on, but you know, a Willow/Tara story that Tara's barely in, it's a bit of a conundrum. Mainly I was worried about not having the lunch scene, which is really Willow and Tara's first date, unbeknownst to Willow - I'm glad it worked out, and the impression of what went on came through regardless. I like the idea that, despite being brash and fairly shallow in her own dating habits, Faith still knows the ins and outs of dating and forming relationships better than Willow, well enough to see what Willow needs, and nudge her in the right direction.

taralicious: Thank you. Yeah, I had a bit of a crush on Robin Wright as well - she plays a great princess, with plenty of kick-ass-ness and courage regardless of Wesley having most of her hero-time in the story.

db: Thanks :) It was a lot of fun to put Faith's intense loyalty and do-what-needs-to-be-done attitude to a good use. I liked Tara's thighs too :blush I guess I'm a bit of a thigh-admirer in general.

jixer: Thank you :) Mmm, chocolate croissant, I haven't had one of those in ages... That's a really flattering comparison, thanks :blush (And now I'm hungry.)

watty: Thanks. Yep, the bait-and-switch of the Cyrano idea seems to have worked pretty well, everyone seemed to have been expecting the big showdown between Willow and Faith. I like that about Faith, she seems so overt and in-your-face blatant about everything she does, it's a surprise to find out how clever she can be if she puts her mind to it. Glad you liked the dialogue - I figured everyone had at least seen some fencing (or movie swordfighting, close enough), so there wasn't much call for exposition, and limiting it to dialogue a lot of the time helped keep the focus on what Willow believed was going on, not what was actually happening - we hear what she thinks.

binky: Thank you. Yep, Faith's bait-and-switch was my way of having her swashbuckle a bit (well, that and her black outfit, heh).

Mary: Thanks :) I actually remember when I wrote that meteor strike line, I was having fun with the idea that Willow and Faith have spent so much time around each other that Willow's kind of got out of the habit of self-censoring, and just lets her natural wordiness run away, without worrying about what Faith thinks of her - so I set out to come up with an interesting Willow-y way for her to say "You're not subtle." I have no idea if any of that was really an accurate representation of the world of fencing - the actual swordplay perhaps (a bit), but it's so long since I went to a tournament, I've forgotten most of it. I relied on wikipedia a lot (which, among other things, reminded me that it's all electronic nowadays).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:05 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Kaia - Another uncommon contribution to the list. I still contend that Chris's sport is the one that readers are most likely to have played. Kind of funny. I enjoyed your descriptions of action and it was quite sexy.

Quote:
"Let me do that," the redhead whispered as she brought her hands to her fly. She slowly undid each of the four buttons, her eyes never leaving Tara's. When she was done, she grabbed the blonde's hand and kissed the palm. Then she brought their foreheads together as she dragged the blonde's hand down her chest and past her abdomen, letting it slide under the elastic of her panties. Tara's breath hitched in her chest and she closed her eyes.

"Are you sure?" The blonde asked, her voice a mere whisper.

Willow responded by bucking her hips forward, effectively sliding the blonde's hand further between her legs. Tara moaned as her fingertips contacted the abundant wetness and her left arm immediately embraced the redhead's waist. She pulled the smaller woman closer to her as she began teasing the hard bud at the apex of Willow's sex. Feeling the redhead squirm under her touch was driving her crazy. The moans became louder and Tara inched a bit lower to tease the redhead's opening. Again, Willow's hips bucked forward, engulfing one of Tara's long fingers.
Hmmm. I have to admit that I really had trouble imagining this as being physically possible. It seems to me that the pants would be stretched really tight across her hips and over the bike. On the other hand, I feel confident that you and P. went out to the garage, put on some leather pants, straddled the bike, and tested it out...

Nicely done.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:06 am 
23. Volumey Text

Throbbing engines,lots of leather,hot read!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 4:19 pm 
32. Kisses and Gay Love

Diane – I hear what you’re saying. I don’t remember my last dibs. Maybe when TRF’s sequel (whatever that is called) starts being posted, I’ll have more reasonable chances at some dibs. Sorry about your noggin.

Quote:
Deb, if I've never mentioned it, Shadows and Sunlight is my favorite of all of your stories. It's dark and twisted and sexy, basically all of the things I like in a good fic. Water is good too, though not as high on my list, but that's not important right now.
Thanks so much. It’s my second favorite of my fics so I can understand your fondness for it.

Yes, the story is kind of trippy and I meant it that way. (for me it was the 90s but none less so). Quite honestly, it’s a bit I’ve wanted to write for quite a while but I didn’t have the right setting. I didn’t particularly think that it deserved its own thread but it fit into this thread quite well. I just love the idea of a Willow-vamp and how would she have accomplished this particular challenge given her freshly risen condition versus an experienced Slayer? Well, by using her brain, that’s how. So you’ve got twisted, evil vampire Willow with Willow’s brain? Quite a combination. It always seems that in VW fics Willow is an unusually powerful vampire. It also seems that most writers assume she would be Dru’s childe. I’m not sure that in The Wish we are actually told who sired Willow and Xander, just that they are very powerful and cruel and favorites of the Master. But if she were sired by Dru, that would give her quite a bit of power but I want this VW and VT to be even more powerful. What would do that? Well, eating a Slayer would certainly lend some power. But what if she ate the key too and didn’t even know it? Damn.

Thanks so much for your comments.

SJ – Thanks.

taralicious – Woo hoo. Great analogy. Her trip to and through the Summers household is quite an acid trip for her. She ate The Key! The Key who is powerful enough to open a door between all dimensions. Pop Rocks indeed. So following that with Buffy and then Joyce, yummy for VW.

watty -
Quote:
Whoa. I do love me some S&S-verse. Only after so little time together they seem so ... couple-y already.
Well, they are kind of unsoulmates I guess. They certainly go together well. Heck, it’s been a few days and Willow’s taking Tara home to meet the parents? Quite a big thing.

Quote:
Plus Tara saying
Quote:
"Go on, dear."
It is mellow but I see Tara’s entire posture during this piece as still being an extension of Water. She’s still taking her turn to control Willow and even tease her throughout her story. In a lot of ways, this is a common theme with Diane’s quite brilliant short [url]Creatures[/url] which really plays with and emphasizes the meaning and importance of power. Could Tara take Willow in a physical fight? Doubtful. But they’ve agreed for the remainder of this day that Tara is dom and Willow is sub to her. So Tara’s continuing to treat her that way.

Quote:
From the way Willow told it, I didn't have much sympathy for Buffy. She can be a bit of a crybaby.
I suspect my feelings on Buffy are relatively clear…

Quote:
I bet Willow was dizzy, after a pizza guy, green ball of energy key and slayer I'm surprised she could stand on her feet.
It sounds like she very nearly didn’t.

Quote:
Very cruel to leave Giles alive, sometimes being the last one standing is the worst.
Possibly more on that later…

Thanks for the thoughts on diversity.
Quote:
I'd be interested in how Angeles and Dru and Spike react to Tara when they meet. Another time?
It’s certainly a scenario I’ve put a significant amount of thought into. For the most part, the results of that thought could not be posted on this particular forum. But perhaps I can work up something that would work here…

Thanks.

binky – SS2 – I agree that they both knew what they were getting into. At the same time, I sometimes think that workplace things can be complicated. What if Tara had said no or if they have this cheap meaningless sex for a while or they start a relationship but then Tara wants to cut it off? What then? It does bring up some questions.

SS3 – Ha ha. Here you go then.

Thanks.

SithLordWiccan – Yeah, no kidding about office romance. Makes it sound much better, huh?

#3 – Thanks for your compliments about the existing S&S stories.
Quote:
And I can see this being a natural continuation of Water despite the fact that they were written nearly two years apart.
Interesting. I didn’t realize that it had been that long. I will confess that Willow’s story has been in my head for as long as I’ve known the S&S-verse. This was a convenient and comfortable way for her to tell Tara the tale.

Quote:
Aware of your dislike of Buffy as the hero of the story, I was quite happy to see that she met an indignat end at the hands of Willow.
Lol. To fans of Buffy, I hope that the next shower scene redeems her a bit.

Thanks.

Mary -

Quote:
Allow me to dive in on the hot sweaty women.
Seeing as you are neither underage nor my daughter (nor my underage daughter)I can see no reason to stop you. Please take pictures…

Yes, Willow is quite the intrepid reporter and investigator where Tara’s shower schedule is concerned. A normal person would probably just arrange to run into her at the coffee machine but I guess Willow isn’t quite normal.

Quote:
It's always something of a jolt to read our girls being heartless. It's an intriguing contrast, b/c in most fics they're so supremely...good.
But so fun! Thanks for your thoughts on the carnal and my skills thereof. Thanks.

diamondforever – I don’t think you’re that late. You beat the deadline for my next posting my like 3 days so that’s pretty good. I hear what you’re saying about VW and VT being loveable. I like to make them extra dark. I’ve made a good VT and it can be nice but it’s kind of boring—not as flexible as this kind of character.

Quote:
In answer to before, Damages is a new television series about high-stakes lawyers. There's this relationship between the head associate of the firm and the girl she's just hired. I think there's a lot of us hoping for...more than just a business relationship there. :P
I just went and looked it up. It’s on FX so that rules me out but if I hear good buzz on it, I can netflix it next year.

Chris – I agree with you on Willow’s cutitude and ability to summon Tara even while she thinks she is such a dork. Obviously Tara is looking for a dork (cannon there…).

Quote:
I liked the way it skirted the edge of having a control issue - Willow being Tara's boss, and kind-of stalking her a bit
Agreed. I felt borderline uncomfortable but I wanted to show that Tara was very aware and very turned on herself. I’m glad you agreed. Thanks.

Quote:
And moving from a story that didn't quite cross the line to become un-fun, to one that went so far over it it looped around and became fun by way of sheer evil gleefulness.
Every so often I read something in fb that makes me want to use it as the subtitle for a story or something like that and this is one of those cases. Tee hee.

I’m glad you like this VW and VT. I agree that they’ve got genuine emotion although I don’t know if I can call it love since they have no souls. As far as VW shining as Willow, I always got the impression from The Wish/Dopplegangland that VW somehow wasn’t as brilliant as Willow. Sure she kicks ass physically but it didn’t appear that Angelus got less intelligent than Angel (more intelligent actually) and Spike certainly seems smarter than the glimpses we saw of William, so why would VW suddenly have the personality and vocabulary of an idiot child? Wouldn’t she stay brilliant but be evil and strong too?

Thanks.

[center]Image[/center]

Story Title – Shower Scenes #4

Author – JustSkipIt

Pairing – W/T

Feedback – Yes, please

Spoilers – None

Rating – PG-13

Disclaimer - This fic is not meant to imply that Buffy has any sensitivity or empathy or thinks of anyone but herself. Let’s all keep in mind that it’s AU. That said, any similarities between these folks and the creations of Joss Whedon and the Buffyverse are not coincidental. I own none of them and I’d try and return at least Anya and Riley to the store for full refund or perhaps store credit if I did.

I am so glad that Willow was able to come home from her business trip early and help me get this all set up. And she was just, “What are best friends for, Buff?” She was in a great mood although she decided to tease me: “You can pay me back very soon.” I know I was smiling because she got serious. “But not by setting me up, Buffy. I’ve had enough of blind dates from you and Dawn. Arggghhh! That last girl? I wouldn’t wish her on Anya.”

I guess I’ll have to be a sneaky Slayer. “Ok, Will. I got the message when you called me from the bathroom of the restaurant begging me to come get you with an ‘emergency.’”

She nodded and shook the carrot stick she was peeling at me like a stake. “That’s right. Next time I’m just leaving and you can stay for the rest of the date.”

I held up my hands. “I surrender. Now put down the carrot sticks and back away slowly.” She smiled. “Or at least arrange them in some kind of a pattern.” I reached behind me and grabbed the other bags, pushing the celery, cucumber, red bell peppers, and broccoli toward her. The timer on the oven buzzed and I looked around for a hot mitt which she handed me. “Why didn’t I have this catered?”

“Because, and I quote, ‘mom wouldn’t cater this. She would make everything from scratch including the cake.’”

I pulled out the cookie sheets, set them on the stovetop, and was nodding my head when the back door opened and in came Xander loaded down with a cooler and the cake on top. “man with cake coming through.” I was turning back to grab the cake which looked like it was going to slide off the cooler but Willow got there first so I took the cooler. Xander was rubbing his back and I smiled at him and he straightened up. You would think that after all these years, he would just accept that he’s a weak little man while I am the big bad Slayer but he’s still embarrassed about it. He ran out to the truck to get another cooler and then we checked that he had brought everything he was supposed to have while Willow went on cutting and arranging. She finished the crudités and started on some little sandwiches which the online planner said we had to have. I’m not exactly an expert on throwing wedding showers.

“Have any of the guests shown up yet?”

Xander is far from the most subtle person I know and Willow gave him a curious look before smarting off. “Well, the shower starts in an hour and a half so strangely they haven’t arrived. Imagine.”

He looked at me with a raised eyebrow but thankfully he didn’t give anything away. It’s not like I need to hear chapter and verse of the “my life is complete. I’m happy as I am and I don’t need a girlfriend” riff from Willow just before Dawn’s wedding shower. Not to mention Xander’s standard, “Anya and I have been married for three years and it’s just as fresh and wonderful as ever…” blah, blah, blah… God. I’m so lucky that everyone leaves me alone about it all. I just play that “Angel was my one true love” sob, sob, sob card and they back off. I guess killing your lover when you’re seventeen can have its payoffs even if he does return.

Nonetheless, and blind date after blind date notwithstanding, Dawn swears that this is the one. She’s been telling me so much about Tara for the past three months I swear I could be dating her. She’s Willow’s type. They have so much in common. She has the same strange sense of humor as our Willow. She’s single too. She’s gay too (well duh. That’s a good one). She claims she doesn’t need a relationship. Blah, blah, blah. I’ve never noticed that finding two people who share an aversion to serious relationships is a major boon for matchmaking but Dawn’s convinced it’s going to work out for them.

Xander finished his lugging and toting and gave us both hugs and headed out. He teased Willow that maybe she’d rather go to the “gentlemen’s club” with the guys but she smacked him on the arm and told him to visit “if not hell, a hell-like dimension.” Not much later we were all set with the food ready and cups, drinks, etc. all out in the living room. The decorations do look pretty good if I do say so myself and if it’s cheating to pay Spike and Clem $50 to hang streamers while I slept after patrol, I can live with that.

Will declared it all good and looked at the time before running upstairs for a quick shower and change. I changed but didn’t shower so that I could answer the door in case anyone was early. Willow had just finished dressing when Dawn arrived and we all shared hugs all around. I can’t believe my baby sister is getting married. I mean. Hasn’t she ever heard of living together? Incredibly she’s hinted that she’ll be fully eligible to wear white as she walks down the aisle and I can’t decide whether to be impressed or a little dismayed over it. In cases like that, I find it best not to think about it.

Soon enough there was plenty else to do as the doorbell started ringing and friends of Dawn’s from high school and college started showing up. I probably didn’t know half of the women so I was really grateful that Willow and Anya were both there. I spotted this Tara woman right off. It wasn’t that she was all large with the butch so much but she kind of gave off an air that if there had been men present, she would have been the most not interested person in any room. She was very pretty with light brown or maybe dark blonde hair and blue eyes and a fantastic tan. After she came in, I glanced over at Willow but I couldn’t tell that she had noticed her at all.

And what was Will doing? She was being quite the back-up hostess—taking jackets and handing people drinks and asking where they knew Dawn from. I did the same and barely even noticed her handing Tara a drink over the corner of my eye. I couldn’t tell if there was a “spark” as Dawn swore they would have. It looked more like the standard. “Punch?” “Yes, please.” “Here you go…” “Thanks…” interaction but maybe they were already madly in love. What do I know about it?

For that matter, how is either of them even going to know that Dawn, ok we, are setting them up? I mean do they have a secret handshake or something so that they’ll know that the other is gay? Or single? Or interested? Neither of them is wearing a rainbow choker or bracelet or anything that it seems like Willow breaks out every time she decides she’s ready to date again.

But maybe that secret handshake was working because I noticed Willow laughing after she handed Tara the drink and then I swear Tara kind of touched the back of Willow’s hand. Maybe I’m making it all up.

Ok. There’s no way I’m making up Tara going back over to talk to Willow when her cup was empty. I mean. Hello, big bowl of punch with a dipper in it right there on the table! But instead she walked over to Willow and handed her the empty cup with a smile. And Willow just kind of stood there holding the cup and smiling back. She must have said something funny because Tara was laughing and then she reached out and ran her fingertip along Willow’s arm. Is that flirting?

I kind of felt guilty that I was watching them when Willow broke apart from Tara to come to talk to me. She was smiling and still looked like she was giggling to herself and I had to restrain myself from saying something. “Hey, Buff. Are we going to play those games?”

Oh great. I was so busy thinking about potential coffee, kisses, and gay love that I had totally forgotten that I’m running a wedding shower. I called everyone together and Willow jumped to take their empty plates and forks to the garbage and refill punch cups. And it didn’t escape my notice at all that Tara was the first guest to offer to help. “You’ll need more hands,” indeed. I may not have the greatest gaydar but they were definitely sharing little smiles and touching hands more often than they needed to.

The shower games were somewhat less lame than the usual and I have to attribute that to Anya. She did some online searching and called Hallie and a few other friends, both human and not-so, for some ideas. I rejected the ones that involved eating larvae of any kind or drawing entrails but the remaining ones were very fun. And who could help but notice that when guests paired up with streamers to create veils for our faux-wedding dress fashion show, Tara and Willow found each other immediately? We could hardly break them away from their efforts to get Willow to model them and I swear I thought Tara would kiss her right then and there when she was pinning the “veil” on Willow’s head. Not to mention their bizarre fashion sense. I know it was just a streamer wedding veil but they somehow managed to create a brown and orange plaid. It looked like someone went hunting and shot a couch.

Now I have to admit something and it doesn’t make me all that proud. Well, Tara’s an archaeologist and Willow’s what, a physicist? And me, marketing specialist, right? By my estimate, ½ of the things Tara said went right over my head. Willow found quite a few of them funny and a few of the other women laughed but I found that I didn’t have much of an idea what she was talking about. She said something about an insect reflection or something that had Willow nearly rolling on the floor and I wasn’t even sure what she had said.

So the two gay apparent geeks at the shower won that round and then started on building the best wedding cake out of whipped cream, a paper plate, and colored sprinkles. Every time one of them got a little cream on her finger, she kind of sucked it slowly while the other watched. I’m pretty sure that if they had just dropped to the floor and started spraying the stuff on each other and licking it off directly no one would have batted an eye at that point. But they continued with this charade attempting respectability. Two of Dawn’s friends from medical school won the “cake decorating” contest and I cut the games short before we could get to the game to guess which of the “something borrowed, something blue…” blindfolded experiment. I mean setting up my best friend and Tara is one thing but I wasn’t sure we all need to see what they’re going to do with blindfolds? And I comfort myself that at least part of society will thank me for it. Ok, not the Xander part, but probably quite a few people.

I announced that it was time to open presents and Willow asked if anyone needed a drink or anything from the kitchen and who volunteered to lend a hand? Tara. Big surprise. Huge surprise. They went to get more ice for the ice bucket (together, wtf?) and were gone for like three minutes.

To the kitchen.

The present pile was huge so Dawn sat on the couch and someone started handing her gifts. I was supposed to write them all down for her which, luckily, someone told me because I would never have thought of it. I guess it keeps you from sitting there going, “Did Julie get me the coffee maker or table linens?” when you’re writing all those thank you notes. She got a pretty good pile of loot which makes sense since so many of her friends are doctors and lawyers. Willow was practically salivating over the two coffee grinders, expresso machine, mocha machine, coffee machine with auto start and shut off, and all the rest of the coffee-related gadgets.

And I have to give Tara props for her gift. Or gifts. She handed Dawn the boxes herself and explained that she wasn’t sure whether to get something mundane or spicy and since she was on a dig, with no phone, she decided to get both. And again I say props to her. Sheets? Cream sheets even 500 thread count are pretty mundane. And the spicy part? I hesitate to call it lingerie. It was more like something that Faith would have rejected as too revealing if she danced in a strip club.

Which is not to say that I spend any time thinking about Faith dressed like that or dancing in a strip club.

Willow looked like she was picturing Tara in that lingerie and I seriously considered dumping the punch bowl on her head to cool her down. She asked Tara some question about how she had picked it out and had she tried anything on but, thankfully, Tara got shy. At least the entire party wasn’t exposed to that conversation. I can handle a lot of graphic violence but I’m not sure that I need that much detail on my best friend’s sex life.

The party wrapped up with people leaving and hugging and kissing cheeks and all that. I just wanted to fall into the couch and sleep for about 11 hours but of course we needed to do some cleanup. Hey, we had extra help though. Tara declared that she didn’t have any pressing need to go hang out at the hotel pool and she’d love to help us out.

I bet.

It’s going to sound damn anticlimactic (not so much for them) when I say that at some point, I lost track of both Willow and Tara and that when I went upstairs to change out of my stylish yet affordable boots, I nearly collided with them. Not that they would have noticed. Tara had Willow pushed up against the wall and was… well I’m not entirely sure what they were doing although it certainly fell under the category of kisses and gay love. And I had no intention of staying around to find out. I grabbed my other shoes and slid along the wall back to the stairs without their noticing (thank God for Slayer stealth or maybe I could have driven a Zamboni down the hall without their noticing). Dawn, Anya, and I shared high-fives all around and agreed that we should head out for dinner without inviting the new couple along.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next